PDA

View Full Version : Movies The Harry Potter Thread ( Beware of SPOILERS! )

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

woody_green
July 23, 2007, 01:11 AM
anyone can point a reference to the part in book five/six where

the locket horcrux was mentioned...

in the context of sirius's house?

Well, it was in Book 5. They were cleaning the drawing room then.

Anyway, What happened to the Dursleys? I never thought that Petunia would want to go to Hogwarts too.

The deaths of Remus, Dora, Fred, Mad-Eye, Hedwig and even Snape saddened me. I loved what Molly did to Bellatrix though, the latter deserved it.

Impel Down
July 23, 2007, 01:11 PM
I got it on Sat., and I'm about half-way through. Pretty awesome so far, but also WAY more dark/evil than the last ones. And I won't say anymore than this, but WHY DO ALL THE COOL PEOPLE DIE?

da_rippa
July 23, 2007, 05:44 PM
The BIG an VERY IMPORTANT fact, that was clear to me, since the Horcruxes were revealed in book 6, is that Harry is also one.
You remember, what happened 17 years ago? Yeah, that was a cruel act. And what do we know about cruel acts and stuff? If you are Voldemort and if you are stupid, you create unwillingly a Horcrux :D.

Well, this book was worth its few €uros.

greetz
da_rippa

~Lilium~
July 23, 2007, 10:06 PM
:scry the book is over. i read it in 2 days!

is victoria *at the end of the book* fluer and bill's daughter or something cuz they didn't mention who her parents were all it said was the she was Jame's cousin
and i wonder what happened to george... now that fred is gone... that was pretty sad too and also snape's life-story... :crying

kadodo
July 23, 2007, 11:24 PM
:scry the book is over. i read it in 2 days!

is victoria *at the end of the book* fluer and bill's daughter or something cuz they didn't mention who her parents were all it said was the she was Jame's cousin
and i wonder what happened to george... now that fred is gone... that was pretty sad too and also snape's life-story... :crying

You know, I was going to ask the same question, and I think it might be Fleur and Bill daughter because Ted is 19 and Victoire could have been born around the same time.

abu_89
July 23, 2007, 11:42 PM
finished it in 6 hrs of speed-reading... :D ... plot twists were fun, :)
Always thought Snape murdering Dumbledore was fishy.

njt
July 24, 2007, 12:55 AM
finished it in 6 hrs of speed-reading... :D ... plot twists were fun, :)
Always thought Snape murdering Dumbledore was fishy.
6 hours of speed reading?? can you actually enjoy something like that? It's like eating an entire cake in 2 minutes and going... Yeah? I tasted it? :p

Anyways- I finished it last night :p stayed up till 5:30 reading^^ but wasn't tired at all since it was good the whole way through~

I don't really have any questions or anything, but I liked how they cleared Snape at the end. He really was good at playing his part... You loathe him, then felt ok... then back to hating... and now... respect. He really was loyal and played his part very well till the end (I didn't see why he did his protonus (or however you spell it) when he was talking to dumbledore in the painting... (perhaps I didn't read carefully)) but yeah~ no reason other than to show that his animal was the doe.

The 19 years later part seemed a TINY bit rushed... but it was nice to see :)

Fuji
July 24, 2007, 07:19 AM
Well, when you have read these books as many times as I have, you pick up little tricks that Rowling uses which makes reading faster easier. Don't ask me to explain that any more because I may cause my brain to implode if I tried to...

Anyways, about 5 hours of speed reading and I did enjoy it.

@Njt I agree with you. The epilogue seemed rush to the extreme. I think it could have been longer and still been ok.

I loved the history with Snape. That was awesome. It cleared everything up from before the first book to all the little loose ends that still existed at the end of book 7.

Impel Down
July 24, 2007, 09:28 AM
Finished the book about and hour ago. I thought he'd have a far more interesting battle w/ Tom in the end. Oh well, still awesome series.

TechnoMagus
July 24, 2007, 11:37 AM
Well, when you have read these books as many times as I have, you pick up little tricks that Rowling uses which makes reading faster easier. Don't ask me to explain that any more because I may cause my brain to implode if I tried to...

Anyways, about 5 hours of speed reading and I did enjoy it.

yup i also tend to speed read on the exposition parts and the ones where it dragged on with paragraphs of descriptions. but i almost missed the answer to RAB when i finished book 6 because of something like that...and that's why i missed this one too....

Well, it was in Book 5. They were cleaning the drawing room then.

anybody care to point that one out more specifically (which chapter and page)? i don't want to browse again....:p

You know, I was going to ask the same question, and I think it might be Fleur and Bill daughter because Ted is 19 and Victoire could have been born around the same time.

although it involved some detective guesswork...:p i think that name is French and there could only be one source for that French name right? mystery solved! :D

you know i kinda got tired of Harry escaping death through some miraculous magical rules loopholes all throughout the series. he ought to become a magical lawyer because of that exploiting all of them! :p

Impel Down
July 24, 2007, 01:39 PM
The seventh book made me realize this: They all have really fucked up names in Harry Potter.

kadodo
July 24, 2007, 01:52 PM
I was kind of mad about the epilogue. We only found out that Neville was a teacher and we do not know what anybody else does. What about Harry? Did he become an Auror or is he Minister of Magic? One thing is sure, they all work in the ministry of magic.

Impel Down
July 24, 2007, 02:28 PM
And they referred to Kingsley as the TEMPORARY Minister, so in the end, does that mean he still holds the position or what?

rykarreolacr
July 24, 2007, 05:36 PM
I really enjoyed the book, it was absolutely fantastic!!! There are just 2 things that keep going through my head:

1 - Rowling didn't kill Harry, Ron, or Hermione, and she even gave them kids. Now, millions of fans will bother her to continue the story until the day she dies... I think it's likely that this will not be the last time we see Harry and his adventures...

2 - When the time for movie 7 comes, how are they gonna fit everything in said movie? This book had lots more content then it's predecessors, and it would take way more than the usual 2 and a half hours to cover it all.

rhapsody blue
July 24, 2007, 06:56 PM
and you thought jk was done writing ... (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19935372/)

click on the link at your own risk

rykarreolacr
July 24, 2007, 07:29 PM
For some reason, snoogen's link doesn't appear. It's this one: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19935372

BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!!!!

weixiaobao
July 24, 2007, 07:31 PM
Snape.. i was right about u all along.. RIP....

I am somewhat disappointed at the way the-guy-who-i-can-never-spell-his-name-right (Voldy) die... but it a minor problem compare to how fantastic the book turn out to me.. worth every dollar...

Impel Down
July 24, 2007, 08:21 PM
But his death was SO LAME! And rykk, they (sorta) did it with LOTR, they can do it with Harry Potter. And I did think Snape would die, but not like that...

Impel Down
July 24, 2007, 08:22 PM
That is stupid and amazing at the same time. It's like Kaku eating a giraffe DF all over again.

yoniekai
July 25, 2007, 01:56 AM
since i finished it, i've been feeling depressed and empty for two days now.... no more harry potter *sniff*

iThePirate
July 25, 2007, 05:52 AM
2 - When the time for movie 7 comes, how are they gonna fit everything in said movie? This book had lots more content then it's predecessors, and it would take way more than the usual 2 and a half hours to cover it all.

i was thinkin' 'bout that too, haven't seen movie #5 yet but from what I can tell they stripped it alot.
I won't even bother seein' movie #7 if they cut out anything I classify as important.

prag_27
July 25, 2007, 06:04 AM
well.. I thought snape was real sweet... *touched by snape's actions* he cared for harry all along!!! T_T *sniffs*......if I said this a month ago, ppl woulda been like ARE YOU A RETARD!!! and now it's like WE ALL LOVE SNAPE!!! T_T......but seriously... I feel really sad for him....but imagine O_O if snape and lily had a kid >____>'''''''..........who would that be...... swilly snape? O_O...WOAH..totally an attractive name for the whole series >____>"

Impel Down
July 25, 2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah, the whole time I thought he really WAS evil, but no, in the end, he was a good hearted soul.

Impel Down
July 25, 2007, 09:30 AM
I've been feeling pretty good, personally. I have to read "Brave New World" for my school anyway.

kadodo
July 25, 2007, 10:10 AM
I really enjoyed the book, it was absolutely fantastic!!! There are just 2 things that keep going through my head:

1 - Rowling didn't kill Harry, Ron, or Hermione, and she even gave them kids. Now, millions of fans will bother her to continue the story until the day she dies... I think it's likely that this will not be the last time we see Harry and his adventures...

Movie # 5 was the shortest movie out of all of them I belive. The thing that pissed me off was that Book # 5 was the longest book and they made it the shortest movie. So with book 7 with so many details, they better make it about 3 hours. Nobody will mind. Oh yeah, it might rated "R" for all these killings. XD!

Impel Down
July 25, 2007, 10:25 AM
Really, it was the longest book? Even more than Deathly Hallows? But yeah, with all the killings they may change it, but more likely they'll keep it as PG-13

weixiaobao
July 25, 2007, 04:46 PM
I rather that it will be an R-rated movie...
are we safe to discuss the book here without the use of spoiler...???
anyway the character Snape didn't surprise me at all but the character of u-know-who and Albus Dumbledore surprise me very much.. u-know-who was such a coward and the way he die sux....

On the other hand i knew, Dumbledore's death was plan out but i didn't realize he was making so many moves ahead of u-know-who..

At one point in the story, i almost thought Albus was the true bad guy in the story and he fake his death which it turn out i was wrong.... and albus's past showed more of a human side in him (the imperfect side).. which i like..

theshizzle
July 25, 2007, 04:53 PM
sorry off topic but kadodo i love the way you did your ava, puts myne to shame :(

kadodo
July 25, 2007, 04:58 PM
I rather that it will be an R-rated movie...
are we safe to discuss the book here without the use of spoiler...???
anyway the character Snape didn't surprise me at all but the character of u-know-who and Albus Dumbledore surprise me very much.. u-know-who was such a coward and the way he die sux....

On the other hand i knew, Dumbledore's death was plan out but i didn't realize he was making so many moves ahead of u-know-who..

At one point in the story, i almost thought Albus was the true bad guy in the story and he fake his death which it turn out i was wrong.... and albus's past showed more of a human side in him (the imperfect side).. which i like..

I think it's ok not to use a spoiler tag because everyone that comes hear knows that there are spoilers. This is an official spoiler thread and the book is officially out so I think it's ok.

Well, I was not too surprised about about Snape either because a lot of fans already suspected what he was.

Dumbledore was dead in the movie but it's like he wasn't. He was still able to talk with with Snape in his office with his painting.

One question: Remember at the end where all the headmasters were clapping their hands for Harry Potter? Do you guys think Snape will have one as well?

Impel Down
July 25, 2007, 05:03 PM
Eh, probably not, since it seems like he didn't count as a real headmaster because of the Death Eater control thing, and he didn't really do all that much for the school.

yoniekai
July 25, 2007, 06:23 PM
anyway the portrait is just a figment of the person, like dumbledore entrusted some of his brain into the portrait but not all.

i was really touched by snape's tale. he's turned into my most hated to my idolized. im sure if they've heard of snape's tale of course he'd be honored greatly, without him the crucial plans of dumbledore wont succeed

Impel Down
July 25, 2007, 06:43 PM
I still don't see how Snape could have left his Patronus out so long and give it enough intelligence to guard a place he may have not even fully known of.

gian
July 25, 2007, 06:52 PM
I still don't see how Snape could have left his Patronus out so long and give it enough intelligence to guard a place he may have not even fully known of.

Same way Kingsley Shacklebolt made his go to the Burrow and talk.

Az3r
July 25, 2007, 08:00 PM
Just read it last night to the eighth chapter. So far it's good, and keeps me want to read it more. It's actually hasn't been released yet in my country, and I'm planning to buy the official translated version, but curiosity defeats me and I deliberately grabbed the PDF version (the real thing) off the web. Still want to buy the official version though, when it's released. And just like Yoniekai said, it's strange knowing Harry Potter saga ends, no more Harry.

Curious?Want to read the REAL PDF version? Visit this website:
http://koutuk.blogspot.com/2007/07/harry-potter-and-deathly-hallows-e-book.html

Impel Down
July 25, 2007, 08:07 PM
Well, Rowling is writing some other book/encyclopedia thing, so there's still that. And the movies. And the video games. And the cheap knock-offs.

Impel Down
July 25, 2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah, but he just had it go, talk, then go away. Snape had to have his go to a location that he's vaguely aware of, stay there, and be able to recognize Harry.

godofthesunn
July 25, 2007, 10:34 PM
Dont get too techincal with HP..its magic..How can someone plant an imperioius curse and then walk away from them...possibly even letting go of their wand ??? Ultimately we should just enjoy the book for what it is rather than over analyze it... J.K. did a fantastic job of wrapping up a series in a fasion that will please alot of fans.. however some will never be pleased...It could be worse... some writers leave you hanging with so much that you go insane over the possible outcomes.

kadodo
July 25, 2007, 10:44 PM
sorry off topic but kadodo i love the way you did your ava, puts myne to shame :(

It's not me, it's the work Dynamic Dragon.

About the patronus of Snape, I think there are different ones. I think there are three type of ways you can use the patronuses.

Harry used his to attack dementors.

Kingsley used it to talk or [/b] warn

and Snape it to follow

This is just my opinion by the way.

kadodo
July 25, 2007, 10:57 PM
Just read it last night to the eighth chapter. So far it's good, and keeps me want to read it more. It's actually hasn't been released yet in my country, and I'm planning to buy the official translated version, but curiosity defeats me and I deliberately grabbed the PDF version (the real thing) off the web. Still want to buy the official version though, when it's released. And just like Yoniekai said, it's strange knowing Harry Potter saga ends, no more Harry.

Curious?Want to read the REAL PDF version? Visit this website:
http://koutuk.blogspot.com/2007/07/harry-potter-and-deathly-hallows-e-book.html

There is an official thread to post these spoilers. http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15532

woody_green
July 26, 2007, 04:26 AM
I think Rowling portrayed a very important message through Snape: with love, you can be saved. Lily loved Snape like a brother and he loved her very much. Because of that love he was able to redeem himself from evil. Voldemort was never loved by anyone (Bellatrix's "admiration" doesn't count) nor was he able to love anyone, including himself, that is why he stuck to being bad.

Anyway, I am very curious about Dudley. What did he exactly see/feel when he was attacked by the dementors? I figured it must be really bad, because his gratitude to Harry was great (although not so expressed).

Az3r
July 26, 2007, 05:10 AM
Sorry there, Kadodo. But I think the spoiler I include there has nothing to do with the story parts to be revealed, right?

iThePirate
July 26, 2007, 05:25 AM
Didn't it say that for Dudley to say "thanks" is 'bout the same as an I love you? :smile-big

He probably remebered when he only got 36 gifts for his birthday or somethin'..

yoniekai
July 26, 2007, 08:54 AM
the dudley-gone-good part was unexpectedly touchy

prag_27
July 26, 2007, 09:49 AM
I liked it though! it shows that dudley really had nothing against harry....and that he realised that harry was trying to protect them even though they were quite mean to him O_O.....

prag_27
July 26, 2007, 09:51 AM
I felt somehow like it lacked something... I don't know... maybe it's coz it's not going to continue......

Impel Down
July 26, 2007, 09:52 AM
Well, it's got to be sadness, depression, lonelyness, and whatnot when he was attacked, same as everyone else. So, according to Rowling, she had intended to write what Harry, Ron, and Hermonie's jobs were, but couldn't fit it in properly. Ron and Harry, she says, were Aurors, and Hermonie was some magical law enforcement official or something.

yoniekai
July 26, 2007, 10:03 AM
i wish there was like a third person perspective chapter on the characters, just before the epilogue you know... tell what happened after the final battle, so to rest the obsessed fans like moi

kadodo
July 26, 2007, 10:07 AM
Sorry there, Kadodo. But I think the spoiler I include there has nothing to do with the story parts to be revealed, right?

Well, I think you posted the whole book right? Some people have already done so in the link I gave you above. I'm just taking precautions because I'm not sure if everybody that comes here already read the book.

I felt somehow like it lacked something... I don't know... maybe it's coz it's not going to continue......

I felt like that too but it was only because I'm going to miss it. There will be no more of it. :scry

PaperYomiko
July 26, 2007, 10:21 AM
wah!!! I just finished it last night. I've never tried to read so slowly in my life, but it didn't really work. Finishing that was like finishing Kenshin for me, I was totally blown away :XD

I love the way things turned out for Snape, I had a feeling that might be the case. (That he was really protecting Harry and that Dumbledore had wanted Snape to kill him) By the way, I do think his portrait will hang in the headmaster's office, because of what Harry said about him in the end, about the two headmasters, one of whom was a Slytherin and the bravest man he'd met. I would think Harry would want his portrait hung, and I don't think anyone would have a problem with that if he didn't.

As for spoiler tags, I agree with kadodo that they aren't necessary in this thread anymore. But please try not to post anything more informative in the regular HP thread about this book than, Ohmygosh it was so good I cried like a two year old Harry Potter FTW!!!!!!! Everyone has done a really good job so far not spoiling anything, so let's keep it up for those slow readers out there :amuse

prag_27
July 26, 2007, 10:23 AM
yeah.. I'll miss it too... llol.... no more waiting to read it T_T

PaperYomiko
July 26, 2007, 10:33 AM
yup, kadodo's right on this one guys. Please, if you have any links, spoilers, discussions, anything to do with book 7 beyond vague comments really, post it in the other thread. Assume that people in this thread have either not read or not finished it, and the spoiler thread is for those who have. I realize most of you guys posting in this thread are also posting in the other, but let's just try to be safe here :amuse

btw, I don't think it was lacking in the least. Rowling is not only an excellent storyteller, but she is an amazing writer, in the literary sense. I think my mom said it best when she finished the book: "She did it" :amuse

Impel Down
July 26, 2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah, her story has loose ends at points, but at least she's good at writing it.

Impel Down
July 26, 2007, 12:32 PM
What I'm pissed about is Rowling said she couldn't bring herself to kill Mr. Weasley in the fifth book, yet she kills Fred, Lupin, Tonks, and a bunch of other characters who didn't really NEED to die!

PaperYomiko
July 26, 2007, 12:44 PM
Well, you could argue that no one needs to die, necessarily. Take Lord of the Rings for example, only one of the original nine dies. But as much as I wish Lupin and Tonks didn't die, I think it's actually very well thought out, and quite poetic, on Rowling's part. Kind of full circle, how Teddy's parents died, maybe not directly protecting him, but hoping to make his life better, and trusting him to the care of his godfather, Harry. Lupin obviously knew Harry would take care of him the way he, Sirius, and all James' other friends cared for Harry :amuse

Impel Down
July 26, 2007, 02:12 PM
And they didn't even mention Tonks's pregnancy...

kadodo
July 26, 2007, 05:06 PM
And they didn't even mention Tonks's pregnancy...

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing but Lupin did mention the pregnancy to Harry, Ron and Hermione when he went to Grimmauld Place.

Az3r
July 26, 2007, 07:23 PM
Well, I think you posted the whole book right? Some people have already done so in the link I gave you above. I'm just taking precautions because I'm not sure if everybody that comes here already read the book.
:oh
Yeah. Alright then. Sorry again, I've never look at the thread you're pointing. My mistake.

yoniekai
July 26, 2007, 08:35 PM
lupin has to die. it's weird that out of their friend's circle he's the only one alive. most likely rowling felt that way. but fred, that was painful. really, that was really awful. i keep turning the pages to see if he just fainted but he's really dead...

kadodo
July 26, 2007, 08:54 PM
lupin has to die. it's weird that out of their friend's circle he's the only one alive. most likely rowling felt that way. but fred, that was painful. really, that was really awful. i keep turning the pages to see if he just fainted but he's really dead...

I know right? Why kill Fred? I don't want to sound cruel but they should have killed Percy instead.

weixiaobao
July 26, 2007, 09:25 PM
hmm i wonder what happen to George afterward.. it would feel pretty weird for him i guess...

and what's up with the spiders in the last battle?

yoniekai
July 26, 2007, 09:33 PM
with aragog gone, and aragog was the only human-speaking spider, they just went wild (remember they attacked hagrid when aragog died?). they were released to hogwarts by voldemort and attacked anyone

percy's death is more appropriate... the twins have to be always the twins.

weixiaobao
July 26, 2007, 10:35 PM
i hope she will continue to write.. and not let money get into her head (like let's spend the rest of her life trying to spend almost a billion dollars)... maybe she could continue the story with the potter's albus and ted ...

Spoiler tagged Book 7 info

yoniekai
July 26, 2007, 10:41 PM
i doubt she will continue the wizard world... she said it's over now. i dont know if she'll continue the fantasy genre, but the wizarding world is definitely over.... so sad, of all the fantasy subcultures i've read i've been most attached to HP :crying

weixiaobao
July 26, 2007, 10:44 PM
I miss the hogwart school the most..
those days where harry freak out about everything were the best...

yoniekai
July 26, 2007, 10:46 PM
you're right, harry's teenage angst and school days are the most memorable... i'll miss most the triwizard tourny. goblet is my favorite book.

weixiaobao
July 26, 2007, 10:55 PM
Goblet was my fav book too.. in order i rank the first, the fourth, and the last as my favs.. then second and third ... then fifth and lastly sixth book..

woody_green
July 26, 2007, 11:27 PM
percy's death is more appropriate... the twins have to be always the twins.

Agreed. What about the Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes? Is George still running them or is he too sad to do it?

amar_kun
July 27, 2007, 01:34 AM
i finished reading the book 2 days ago.. it was quite good until the epilogue.. the epilogue really turned me off..

i would like to comment to the deaths that happened in book 7

first of all, Rowling needs to kill some of the major character.. it would be quite unrealistic if they fought a battle and nobody dies.. the should be someone to die to make the story better.. and that someone should be important enough to make a good impact.. thats why percy and charlie didnt die.. if they die, nobody will feel sad or anything..

ok.. now goes back to the died characters

mad eye - although he used to be the best auror around, he already passed his time. i still remember when they fought in book 5, he lost! he also was cornered by a young wizard (i forgot the name.. barty something) who jailed him in his house.. so his death was expected.

lupin and tonks - this is the first time remus lost his battle, but for nymphordia, this is not the first one.. if one of them die while the other remained alive, it would be a bit problematic to raised young ted.. so both of them died.. it was kinda tragic, but dont worry harry potter the godfather was there to take care of young ted, didnt he?

fred - the weasleys are just too many.. so one of them should go.. and of course it should one of the twin, it is the only character that can give great impact to the audience but reduce the feeling of loss since we still got the other half..

snape - the best character in harry potter series.. when all men disgusted him, treat him like a traitor, he was alone doing his duty protecting all those people.. i hope he could die in more heroic way, maybe after a duel with voldemort, however i think he is heroic enough even without that :XD

dobby - it was kinda sad for dobby to died.. and he died in serving his duty, saving harry potter and co. goodbye dobby, we have a nice time with you.. however kreacher is here to lead the house elves in your place..

tom riddle - and we shouldnt forget our main villain, should we? it seems that this lunatic is so stupid, stupid enough to create another horcrux and kill it with his own hand without realising it.. yes he do have some power, but his snake head doesnt have any brain at all.. it seems that dumbledore cornered him in everyway in terms of power and brain. it was quite interesting how dumbledore read riddle just like a book, putting a spy under riddle's nose all way long for 17 years and he not realising it.. riddle does not realize that snape is a spy even when he killed him, not until potter told him in their last fight.. it was quite sad for the death eater to have a stupid leader like riddle..

peter pettigrew - his death was too sudden.. and it was not so stylish.. at least Rowling should make him go against Voldemort and fought him for harry's sake.. however he did let them go, so he did helped harry and co. at last..

that is just my opinion about all the major character that died in the book.. i know some of them are you fav. character, so i am sorry if my opinion is harsh or anything..

and the epilogue was really sucks.. i really really wanna know what happened to other charater as well.. luna, george, bill, arthur, kingsley, lee, chang, percy,.. i hope she would show it in the 7th film..

amar_kun
July 27, 2007, 01:45 AM
yeah.. i agree with you weixiaobao..

i like the goblet of fire and the philosopher's stone the most..
then the deadly hallow..
then the 3rd and 2nd..

i like least 5th and 6th..

njt
July 27, 2007, 03:57 AM
also from book 5

Harry tried his best not to think about the hearing while they emptied the glass-fronted cabinets that afternoon. Fortunately for him, it was a job that required a lot of concentration, as many of the objects in there seemed very reluctant to leave their dusty shelves. Sirius sustained a bad bite from a silver snuffbox; within seconds his bitten hand had developed an unpleasant crusty covering like a tough brown glove.

'Its OK,' he said, examining the hand with interest before tapping it lightly with his wand and restoring its skin to normal, 'must be Wartcap powder in there.'

He threw the box aside into the sack where they were depositing the debris from the cabinets; Harry saw George wrap his own hand carefully in a cloth moments later and sneak the box into his already Doxy-filled pocket.

They found an unpleasant-looking silver instrument, something like a many-legged pair of tweezers, which scuttled up Harrys arm like a spider when he picked it up, and attempted to puncture his skin. Sirius seized it and smashed it with a heavy book entitled Nature's Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy. There was a musical box that emitted a faintly sinister, tinkling tune when wound, and they all found themselves becoming curiously weak and sleepy, until Ginny had the sense to slam the lid shut; a heavy locket that none of them could open; a number of ancient seals; and, in a dusty box, an Order of Merlin, First Class, that had been awarded to Sirius's grandfather for 'services to the Ministry'.

'It means he gave them a load of gold,' said Sirius contemptuously, throwing the medal into the rubbish sack.

^^

yoniekai
July 27, 2007, 04:34 AM
im apprehensive about the 6th movie, cause it relies too much on the dialogue, they'd need really detailed scenes for that... only in the last part there's lots of action, but the dialogue is very important

yoniekai
July 27, 2007, 04:53 AM
i find that realization too hidden now, isnt it? :D same for the tiara.

njt
July 27, 2007, 05:37 AM

I remembered about this at the end of book 6 (and some talking with a friend) the tiara on the other hand was like... wait... when did I remember seeing that... and then it hit me! I'm like ohhhhhhhhhhhh that's right :o

As for the fight with voldemort at the end, it did seem anti-climatic but I was thinking the longer they made it the more unlikely it would seem. I mean, harry wouldn't be able to hold his own against him, so... it *had* to be something like that for the series to end. Sad but true~

yoniekai
July 27, 2007, 05:41 AM
As for the fight with voldemort at the end, it did seem anti-climatic but I was thinking the longer they made it the more unlikely it would seem. I mean, harry wouldn't be able to hold his own against him, so... it *had* to be something like that for the series to end. Sad but true~

we're so used to fighting manga that it seems that there'd be an intense battle of strategy strength and determination to happen right?? lolz, but this is HP, it's a genius plot, rowling is so damn creative

TechnoMagus
July 27, 2007, 08:02 AM
@amar
agree with what happened to

one of the twins....i guess it won't hurt much to kill of the spare right? but why not george? since he already lost an ear, why not his life too? :p

and what hapened to the store? rowling could have made a passing remark at the epilogue that the store was going international and something about ceo and company president george weasley....;smile-big

oh and you forgot about

hedwig....man, even the bird gets killed off!!!

touched me the most (more than the human ones) since she was the most innocent character and it was already a given that a lot of humans will die and i was preared for that!......but not her!!!!!! :scry :scry :scry
at least my consolation was that it was peaceful and instant!! *sob*

too bad nothing more was mentioned regarding that room in the department of mysteries.

oh yeah...thanks tay-chan for looking that up. it was so obscure that it didn't stand out. the tiara....i kinda remembered but not so much.

oh will somebody be kind enough to quote where the tiara was mentioned in book 6.....:smile-big

amar_kun
July 27, 2007, 08:16 AM
i think the fights in this final book is not as good as the ones at the cemetery (book 4) and at the ministry (book 5).

the fight at the cemetery was the best,
harry was all alone with dead body of cedric diggory against a bunch of death eater and of course, voldemort! and he still can get away from that!! wow!

yoniekai
July 27, 2007, 09:06 AM
oh will somebody be kind enough to quote where the tiara was mentioned in book 6.....
it's around when harry suspects snape's on to the whole halfblood prince book, i forgot what chapter, but harry frantically needed to hide the book so he did it on the room of requirement, w/c he previously visited years ago too

Impel Down
July 27, 2007, 09:58 AM
This should have been the end:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/ImpelDown/harry_potter.png

Would have made the end so great that no one cares that the Epilogue had "loose ends".

yoniekai
July 27, 2007, 10:08 AM
This should have been the end:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/ImpelDown/harry_potter.png

Would have made the end so great that no one cares that the Epilogue had "loose ends".
that's will ferrel!

amar_kun
July 27, 2007, 10:26 AM
impel down, where did you get that? that's kinda hillarious.. lol!

ITACHIWIFE
July 27, 2007, 11:07 AM
I read the book i like it but epilogue should it have been longer.i say the movie should be 2 hours long

kadodo
July 27, 2007, 12:43 PM
I read the book i like it but epilogue should it have been longer.i say the movie should be 2 hours long

2 hours long? I don't think it should be that short because book 7 is very detailed and it will be last movie and they should make it the best and longest one. I say it should be 3 hours long.

Impel Down
July 27, 2007, 04:46 PM
I say the movie take as long as it takes some random person to read it. First it's four hours, then a 54 hour intermission.

weixiaobao
July 28, 2007, 12:42 PM
for some reason i didn't really like any of the harry potter movie (finished the first three, try to watch the 4th gave up half way).. I feel like they should rather made a tv series than a movie..

kadodo
July 28, 2007, 01:57 PM
for some reason i didn't really like any of the harry potter movie (finished the first three, try to watch the 4th gave up half way).. I feel like they should rather made a tv series than a movie..

A TV series will be better but I'm not sure they will make that much money off of it. Also, the actors will waiste more of their times.

weixiaobao
July 28, 2007, 08:54 PM
then i guess an anime series would be nice ^^

amar_kun
July 28, 2007, 09:31 PM
the first movie was good.. but since then it has been dissappointment all along..

Impel Down
July 28, 2007, 10:01 PM

That is an awful idea.

weixiaobao
July 28, 2007, 11:51 PM
That is an awful idea.

it not if it like western 3d version.. and not japanese anime..

also agree with amar-kun

kadodo
July 29, 2007, 08:30 AM

Ha! That's a good one. I'm pretty sure if they did that, less people would go watch it.

yoniekai
July 29, 2007, 09:58 AM
the movies are perfect to me, especially the third and fourth and fifth, has that dark atmosphere on hogwarts which really appeals to me

Impel Down
July 29, 2007, 11:42 AM
I do like how they're making the movies darker. When they first introduced that into the fourth one, that's probably why the fourth movie was my favorite.

godofthesunn
July 29, 2007, 12:35 PM
Well.. I kinda agree with kadoo up there if they made harry potter in to a series then it probably would be a lot cooler.. anime... well not so much.. but more so nicely done british series if thats possible.. Of course they couldn't make it super high tech on tv.. but at least decent magic and quidditch games... its sad to say that Daniel radcliffe and his crew will be too old now to do it properly but with maybe 15 episodes per book or 15*30 minutes or 7.5 hrs instead of the 2.5 or each movies

Impel Down
July 29, 2007, 02:58 PM
Too bad Monty Python stopped, because those guys would tear Harry Potter a new one.

lilkwarrior
July 29, 2007, 05:57 PM
LOL, I never thought there was a harry potter thread in Manga Helpers....

The book had WAY more deaths than I predicted or thought there would be (Some asshole said only 4 people died when I got my book the 2 day it came out...:mad )

The character development of Harry Potter was amazing to watch, and then the Ron & Hermione moment people were waiting for finally happened... I was expecting more interesting with the reintroduction of Victor Krum though..

The depressing death for me to cope with (if you can call it that, lol) is how Tonk dies looking for her husband and the most despressing part (again, if you can call it that) was when Hermy was getting tortured by Bellatrix.. This book finished amazingly.

I do feel guilty posting such severe infomation I'm giving away of the book, but nobody in their right mind would click this thread if they haven't read the book...

If they make a animation series of Harry Potter, then it probably won't resemble Anime at all, it would practically HAVE to be in the art style similar to Madam GrandPre'. She simply has made beautiful cover jackets that always made me wonder why they never thought of making a Harry Potter animation show.. Oh yeah, just as millions would love to watch it, millions are going to say it encourages witchcraft..:eyeroll

lilkwarrior
July 29, 2007, 06:22 PM
Of all the books, I really enjoyed reading Half-Blood Prince the most and The Deathly Hallows a Close Second. I love the darkness, mystery, and danger both books portray, especially how Half Blood Prince Second Chapter displayed & foreshadowed tension and betrayal right from the beginning.. The Deathly Hallows left me with another classic sleepless night like Harry Potter 2,3,4,and 6 left me with to find out what was going to happen next.

About the movies...For some reason, I just don't like the actor for Harry Potter... I don't know why, but I like the portrayal of Hermione, Draco & Ron, but I don't like the portrayal of Harry Potter, nor Snape for the matter. I know it can't really be "perfect".. I don't really like the movies that much, simply because even though there a lot of details they can't possibly put in the movie, there are some details they removed out that puzzle me...

weixiaobao
July 30, 2007, 12:07 AM
lilkwarrior made a good point about harry potter actor.. frankly i think he too fat to be potter :rofl...

amar_kun
July 30, 2007, 01:03 AM
i only like daniel radcliffe in the first movie.. after that when he grows more, i dun think he is suitable anymore to become harry potter..

Impel Down
July 30, 2007, 08:08 AM
I think he fits the part more AS he gets older, personally. And the 6th would have been better for me if no one told me Dumbledore dies at Snape's hand before I read it.

Impel Down
July 30, 2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah, most of the deaths were all irrelevent, too. But, I guess if you think about it for a while, it makes more sense. Fred had to die so Mrs. Weasley could beat Bellatrix's ass, Lupin and Tonks had to die so that Ron could get "Teddy", and Moody...had to die so that he could defend Lupin, Tonks, and Fred.

lilkwarrior
July 30, 2007, 09:00 AM
I NEVER thought Molly would defeat Bellatrix, I thought it would have to be Harry, Hermoine or Neville (to avenge parents), in the End... Fred lost an ear earlier and then dies (or was it his brother who lost an ear?) from an explosion, That really sucks.

Impel Down
July 30, 2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah, Neville didn't get to do shit. That's really not fair.

lilkwarrior
July 30, 2007, 10:58 AM
Neville DID destroy the last horcrux by killing the snake, but besides that nothing. I'm suprised I didn't see that much of Mr. Malfoy (not Draco Malfoy).

Impel Down
July 30, 2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah, Lucius did very little except hug his son.

rhapsody blue
July 30, 2007, 02:43 PM
i agree with you impel. daniel radcliffe's acting has been getting better with each movie. i can barely watch the first two movies

gian
July 31, 2007, 12:04 AM
I think the actor for Snape is amazing.

kadodo
July 31, 2007, 12:28 AM
I NEVER thought Molly would defeat Bellatrix, I thought it would have to be Harry, Hermoine or Neville (to avenge parents), in the End... Fred lost an ear earlier and then dies (or was it his brother who lost an ear?) from an explosion, That really sucks.

It was George that lost an hear not Fred.

Yeah, Neville didn't get to do shit. That's really not fair.

Well, even though you might disagree with me, I think Neville was one of the most courageous guy in the book. I mean, he tried to assemble mad people to continue with Dumbledore's Army and he even got punished for it by the new teachers using Cruciatus curse on him if he tried to do anything wrong and he did not get killed by the death eaters and he certainly killed the snake at end. So I think he did a lot.

kadodo
July 31, 2007, 01:00 AM
First off

Goblet of fire was my favorite book

and the Deathly Hallows was second

I'm not too sure how to rate everything else but I liked them all.

Ron and Hermione are just perfect for their role. Daniel Radcliffe is alright but not that good.

However, I think the actor for Snape is just perfect as well, I actually think that he is the best one they could have chosen, as well as for Professor McGonnagall.

Impel Down
July 31, 2007, 07:43 AM
Which is interesting, because he's played the voice of God in Dogma, which is pretty far from his character now.

Impel Down
July 31, 2007, 07:44 AM
I'm not saying he was a bad character, I'm saying he didn't get to do very much in the 7th book, and that's not right. Rowling should have given him lots more to do.

PaperYomiko
July 31, 2007, 01:29 PM
...and the bad guy in Die Hard and the sheriff of Nottingham... :smile-big

personally, I love Alan Rickman, I think he's perfect for Snape. The only actor who I think really doesn't fit is Radcliff for Harry. Probably because the books left me with such a strong image of how he should be, that I just don't see Harry Potter when I look at Radcliff. It always has bothered me that he doesn't have green eyes, too.

PaperYomiko
July 31, 2007, 01:35 PM
I don't know, I think I have to agree with Kadodo on this one. Neville's growth throughout the series is tremendous, and the 7th really does him justice. I also think it's cute how he always really looked up to Harry, and that is in part what inspires him to take over the role of troublemaking leader at Hogwarts once Harry is gone.

And you can't deny, the scene of him killing Nagini is pretty badass. I mean, his head is on fire and then he just pulls the sword out and doesn't even hesitate...I think it's perfect :amuse

Impel Down
July 31, 2007, 04:17 PM
That was pretty awesome, true. The movie will probably defile that scene with a wine bottle, though...

Impel Down
July 31, 2007, 04:19 PM
The older Radcliff fits very well, I think. He puts in some good emotion, although it seems that no one else thinks that. The only actor I really don't think fits: The new Dumbledore, whoever he is. Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets Dumbledore was MUCH better.

rhapsody blue
July 31, 2007, 04:34 PM
hmmm... i was wondering if anyone else has the harry potter schoolbooks (http://amazon.com/o/ASIN/043932162X/ref=s9_asin_image_1-1966_g1/103-0096543-5156678?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=07KWEGB484B0VR05ATNS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=278240701&pf_rd_i=507846). i prefer reading the "Fantastic Beast" book more than the quidditch one since the commentaries by the trio were funny.

Impel Down
July 31, 2007, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I has the Quiddich one and the Fantastic Beasts one. Pretty awesome shit. I wish they'd had some of those 5 star monsters in Boook seven.

woody_green
August 01, 2007, 04:17 AM
I was rereading book 6, and now it dawned upon me: What happened to Florean Fortescue? The last thing I know is either he ran for his life or he got abducted/killed. We know Ollivander was kidnapped by the Death Eaters because Voldemort wants to know about the Twin Cores, right? So what about Fortescue?

Impel Down
August 01, 2007, 07:14 AM
I can't say I remember him. My guess is he just got killed.

lilkwarrior
August 01, 2007, 06:20 PM
I'm mad I lost both my copies of those books. Oh well, I'm disappointed I didn't see many of them in the series? Maybe if they make a Granpre' art inspired animation, they will go further with them?

yoniekai
August 01, 2007, 08:07 PM
I'm mad I lost both my copies of those books. Oh well, I'm disappointed I didn't see many of them in the series? Maybe if they make a Granpre' art inspired animation, they will go further with them?

i dunno, that might work with the earlier, much lighter atmosphered books, but by 4-7, where lots of dying and agony comes, a grandpre' animation? that'd be weird.

kadodo
August 01, 2007, 10:47 PM
hmmm... i was wondering if anyone else has the harry potter schoolbooks (http://amazon.com/o/ASIN/043932162X/ref=s9_asin_image_1-1966_g1/103-0096543-5156678?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=07KWEGB484B0VR05ATNS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=278240701&pf_rd_i=507846). i prefer reading the "Fantastic Beast" book more than the quidditch one since the commentaries by the trio were funny.

I actually never heard of them before. would somebody please explain what it is all about?

kadodo
August 01, 2007, 10:53 PM
Can somebody answer that question? Where did the sword come from? Didn't the goblin steal the Griffondor Sword or is it a certain a certain power that Sorting Hat has?

MadDog
August 01, 2007, 11:03 PM
I actually never heard of them before. would somebody please explain what it is all about?

I'll do my best. About 5 or 6 years ago, JKR published two small books (about 60 pages each ) to benefit a charity. I'm not sure of the details of how they were originally available.

Anyway, the books are Quidditch Through The Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.

They were written as if they were actual textbooks, with the Q book describing how the sport was invented and who the pro teams are, while the Beast book desbribes things like the different species of dragons (and the parts of the world they're from).

kadodo
August 01, 2007, 11:20 PM
I'll do my best. About 5 or 6 years ago, JKR published two small books (about 60 pages each ) to benefit a charity. I'm not sure of the details of how they were originally available.

Anyway, the books are Quidditch Through The Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.

They were written as if they were actual textbooks, with the Q book describing how the sport was invented and who the pro teams are, while the Beast book desbribes things like the different species of dragons (and the parts of the world they're from).

Oh ok, I never knew she made these stuffs. Thanks for telling me. Were these books interestings at all?

MadDog
August 01, 2007, 11:34 PM
Oh ok, I never knew she made these stuffs. Thanks for telling me. Were these books interestings at all?

I think they were a good read. If you're a die-hard fan, then probably worth adding to the reading list. But, I wouldn't spend too much money on them.

What was cool about the 'textbooks' was that you could pick some details from the 1-7 books and identify a few of the animals/creatures in the story. An example would be the giant spider from book 2 "Aragog" being an acromantula, but not officially called one until book 6. (Another one is that Hermione's cat was something more than a cat.) Also, if you follow any pro-sport you'd probably enjoy the different Quidditch team descriptions and how they fit-in to their leagues. She did a pretty good job with that. I read them once and gave them to a younger cousin, but I've got a good memory for books I've read.

woody_green
August 02, 2007, 12:09 AM
Where did the sword come from? Didn't the goblin steal the Griffondor Sword or is it a certain a certain power that Sorting Hat has?

I'm guessing that it is not the Sorting Hat's power but the power of courage itself. Dumbledore said during the second book that "only a true Gryffindor can pull the sword out of the hat." Harry, at that time, didn't expect that to happen; in fact, the sword hit his head, and he momentarily saw stars.. :XD I think Neville didn't expect it either.

kadodo
August 02, 2007, 06:02 PM
I think they were a good read. If you're a die-hard fan, then probably worth adding to the reading list. But, I wouldn't spend too much money on them.

What was cool about the 'textbooks' was that you could pick some details from the 1-7 books and identify a few of the animals/creatures in the story. An example would be the giant spider from book 2 "Aragog" being an acromantula, but not officially called one until book 6. (Another one is that Hermione's cat was something more than a cat.) Also, if you follow any pro-sport you'd probably enjoy the different Quidditch team descriptions and how they fit-in to their leagues. She did a pretty good job with that. I read them once and gave them to a younger cousin, but I've got a good memory for books I've read.

That seemed to be interesting, I'm not too sure if these stuff are important now but I don't think I'm gonna try to buy them either. However, it seems she got her ideas from a lot of different stuff.

kadodo
August 02, 2007, 06:07 PM
I'm guessing that it is not the Sorting Hat's power but the power of courage itself. Dumbledore said during the second book that "only a true Gryffindor can pull the sword out of the hat." Harry, at that time, didn't expect that to happen; in fact, the sword hit his head, and he momentarily saw stars.. :XD I think Neville didn't expect it either.

Although I'm not too sure but I'm guessing that it definitely has something to do with courage, which was something that Neville demonstrated it throughout the book but much more when he faced Voldemort.

weixiaobao
August 03, 2007, 12:02 AM
wonder if those books have any illustrations ..

Fuji
August 03, 2007, 06:54 AM
Since the four founders made the hat, it has special abilities when people of any of the houses are in great need. Since the sword was Godric Gryffindor's the hat was able to summon it to the Gryffindor student who needed it. I think the same would hold true for Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin students with of course comparable magical artifacts for their own houses as well.

rhapsody blue
August 03, 2007, 08:59 AM
the textbooks have some illustrations but they are like those from real textbooks. it's not like those from the real books.

they're fun to read and i don't mind paying for them since the money is going to charity. it's not like jk was trying to make a quick buck

yoniekai
August 03, 2007, 06:11 PM
it is a great evolution for neville from the most cowardly to the bravest. rowling perfectly filled up that role by killing nagini. what i hate is snape's death, that was so lame. why not a final battle thingy huh. and when i remember fred's death i feel sad...

kadodo
August 03, 2007, 06:34 PM
Since the four founders made the hat, it has special abilities when people of any of the houses are in great need. Since the sword was Godric Gryffindor's the hat was able to summon it to the Gryffindor student who needed it. I think the same would hold true for Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin students with of course comparable magical artifacts for their own houses as well.

I think your explanation says it the best, Neville really needed that sword at the moment and he did not even know what he wanted just that he needed something to kill Nagini. The Sorting Hat then came up with the sword of Godric Gryffondor.

MadDog
August 03, 2007, 10:14 PM
the textbooks have some illustrations but they are like those from real textbooks. it's not like those from the real books.

they're fun to read and i don't mind paying for them since the money is going to charity. it's not like jk was trying to make a quick buck

Yeah, the money definetly went to a worthwhile cause. I just warned Kadodo about not paying too much since I'm not sure they're still available in stores and you might have to buy them off e-bay or someplace else (where someone may try to charge too much for them - with the profit going to them, not JKR's charity).

kadodo
August 04, 2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah, the money definetly went to a worthwhile cause. I just warned Kadodo about not paying too much since I'm not sure they're still available in stores and you might have to buy them off e-bay or someplace else (where someone may try to charge too much for them - with the profit going to them, not JKR's charity).

Oh, I understand now. Cuz the charity is done already and if I buy it now, it will be because people are making money off of it.

By the way, does any of you have any info on movie 6.

woody_green
August 05, 2007, 09:15 AM
Hey guys, check this out: JK Rowling Interview (http://mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1156)

She answered a bunch of questions like what happened to George, how come Neville pulled out the sword, etc.

yoniekai
August 05, 2007, 10:38 AM
thanks for the link woody!! i feel better after reading it

kadodo
August 05, 2007, 12:30 PM
thank you for the link woody, she indeed answered a lot of questions.

Pyx
August 05, 2007, 06:48 PM
I can't wait for that encyclopedia that she'll come out with. It'll answer some other questions of mine most definitely.

kadodo
August 14, 2007, 07:44 PM
Ok, here's a question for all of you smart people. I still do not understand how Harry survived after he was killed by Voldemort in the forest. Some people told me it was because of the Deathly Hallows. (but Harry only had two of the hallows, so that's not possible). Some others said it was because Voldemort killed the Horcrux inside Harry but not Harry himself.

Which one is the right answer? Or is there an answer totally different to this one?

Imperium
August 14, 2007, 07:49 PM
Harry survived simply because Voldemort had harry's blood in him (in the fourth book he used harry's blood to regenerate himself) therefore he kinda anchored harry to the real world. However harry had a choice if he would like to die or not (asked by Dumbledore). hoped that cleared it up :D

kadodo
August 14, 2007, 08:03 PM
Oh yeah. I remember now, but I'm still confused because I do not remember the exact words of Dumbledore. I remember he said something like this: When Voldemort took Harry's blood , he changed the prophecy, but I do not remember the exact words (something like one cannot live without the other or something like that). Do you have the book near you? I know it was King's Cross.

Impel Down
August 14, 2007, 08:14 PM
I didn't think about this one all that much. I think it's that he killed the Horcrux, not Harry.

kadodo
August 14, 2007, 09:56 PM
I think we have to reread some more chapters to understand that part better.

Impel Down
August 15, 2007, 04:36 PM
I've been thinking about re-reading the end, myself. Feels like I missed parts.

HEADMASTER
August 18, 2007, 03:14 AM
I got a question, why does moaning myrtle still on hogwarts even though she is dead, why cant the others like harry's parents be like that?

Impel Down
August 18, 2007, 08:12 AM
Maybe it's how they died? I dunno, just a bizarre and rather out of place guess.

Imperium
August 18, 2007, 08:57 AM
I got a question, why does moaning myrtle still on hogwarts even though she is dead, why cant the others like harry's parents be like that?

She is a ghost, and to become a ghost a person who dies does not "Go on", but rather comes back as a imprint of their former soul (ie a ghost). Harry's parents,Dumbledore, Sirius they all chose to "go on" instead of becoming a ghost. Hoped that helped :D

rhapsody blue
August 18, 2007, 09:56 PM
:offtopic Apparently J.K. Rowling (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070819/ap_en_ot/people_rowling) is writing a crime novel right now.

Impel Down
August 19, 2007, 11:43 AM
...that makes...no sense?

abu_89
August 19, 2007, 11:57 AM
w00t... I like crime novels.. :D

HisshouBuraiKen
August 22, 2007, 10:17 AM
Oh yeah. I remember now, but I'm still confused because I do not remember the exact words of Dumbledore. I remember he said something like this: When Voldemort took Harry's blood , he changed the prophecy, but I do not remember the exact words (something like one cannot live without the other or something like that). Do you have the book near you? I know it was King's Cross.

Essentially, by taking Harry's blood, Voldy both gained and extended the power of Lily's protection, such that it lived on within both of them. This protection, along with the Elder Wand refusing to kill its true master, kept Harry safe, and directed AK to destroy the fragment of Voldy's soul within Harry rather than Harry himself. I think the death of a part of soul inside him (even though it was Voldemort's soul) is what triggered the whole scene at King's Cross. It kinda sent him into limbo for a bit.

yoniekai
August 22, 2007, 10:29 AM
...that makes...no sense?
what makes no sense? crime, mystery, hp is in that genre as well

kadodo
August 22, 2007, 05:04 PM
Essentially, by taking Harry's blood, Voldy both gained and extended the power of Lily's protection, such that it lived on within both of them. This protection, along with the Elder Wand refusing to kill its true master, kept Harry safe, and directed AK to destroy the fragment of Voldy's soul within Harry rather than Harry himself. I think the death of a part of soul inside him (even though it was Voldemort's soul) is what triggered the whole scene at King's Cross. It kinda sent him into limbo for a bit.

I think you are right about that but I think that Harry was very lucky to become the Elder Wand's True Master. What if he did not get Malfoy's wand? I guess it was all about the prophecy saying that Harry could be the one to finish Voldemort off.

Impel Down
August 22, 2007, 08:18 PM
Although, he didn't really do anything to beat Tom, it was just the fact that the wand was Harry's so it back-fired when it came into contact with its master, so Tom died.

kadodo
August 23, 2007, 10:12 AM
Although, he didn't really do anything to beat Tom, it was just the fact that the wand was Harry's so it back-fired when it came into contact with its master, so Tom died.

I guess you can put it like that also

Musashi_Keiji
August 27, 2007, 12:51 AM
Exactly how accurate are the books to the movies???
I've seen 3 of them I think... On all of them no other characters seemed that important to matter if they died or not, other than the main 3, the old principle guy, and the guy with huge dog....

yeah...not a big fan....

Impel Down
August 27, 2007, 06:19 PM
They're pretty acurate, but, the last two movies were the least accurate, and the 5th movie had a lot of stuff wrong.

kadodo
August 27, 2007, 06:40 PM
yeah, I can say that movie 5 did miss a lot of stuff that were important. I really think that movie 2 was the best so far.

Impel Down
August 27, 2007, 06:57 PM
I liked the 2nd one the best too, probably. I dunno, it's debatable. I like the 4th one a lot as well, even if it did skip some stuff.

PaperYomiko
August 28, 2007, 01:07 PM
Hi guys ^^

It's been a while since the last book came out, so I've merged this thread with the general Harry Potter thread. Also, it's been moved to General Entertainment, since that's really where it belongs :amuse

So have fun, keep discussing, and since the title has been changed, don't worry about talking freely about the 7th book here :thumbs

rhapsody blue
October 19, 2007, 11:51 PM
jk rowling revealed more secrets that she did not have room for in book seven and one huge revelation concerning a particular wizard. you can find it here (http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2007/10/20/j-k-rowling-at-carnegie-hall-reveals-dumbledore-is-gay-neville-marries-hannah-abbott-and-scores-more)
[hr]
the rest of the interview (http://hpana.com/news.20228.html)

rykarreolacr
October 20, 2007, 12:05 AM
OMFG!!!! That was unexpected...

Dragonzair
October 20, 2007, 12:26 AM
HALF MY F-LIST AND DA JOURNALS WERE INSANE.

THEN I RAN OVER HERE TO GIVE YOU THE NEWS, BUT SEEMS LIKE YOU ALREADY GOT IT.

*tries to calm down*

GRINDEWALD. OH LORD, GRINDEWALD. AHAHHAHAHAHA. This is....so awesome, but...unexpecting, and...WHY DUMBLEDORE?! XD Why not SIRIUS?! HE WAS MORE OBVIOUS XD AHAHAHAH.

BUT LOLS. :D
[hr]
DAMN you JKR for saying that she doubts Harry would visit Snape. Stupeeeeeeeeed. *flails*

Impel Down
October 20, 2007, 08:02 AM
You mean visit his grave? Yeah, I guess he might...but he's got a lot of graves to visit.

rhapsody blue
October 20, 2007, 08:25 AM
You mean visit his grave? Yeah, I guess he might...but he's got a lot of graves to visit.

She meant visiting his portrait in Hogwarts. ^^

Impel Down
October 20, 2007, 09:53 AM
Oh, yeah, no. That's just silly.

And I just heard about the gay Dumbeldore thing. Wow.

Imperium
October 20, 2007, 12:23 PM
Dumbledore and Grindewald......:oh

This really has been a shock, if anything i would have said he had a thing for harry....but Grindewald....

kadodo
October 20, 2007, 01:19 PM
Wow, are u serious? Well, I don't think it would have been cool to include "that" in the book because I think some parents would go crazy.

Anyways, it was also a surprise about Lupin living off James and Lily.

iThePirate
October 20, 2007, 01:43 PM
Wow, are u serious? Well, I don't think it would have been cool to include "that" in the book because I think some parents would go crazy.

Anyways, it was also a surprise about Lupin living off James and Lily.
Thats exactly why it would have been cool to have it in the book.

Think of those dumbass christians in USA, they would've shit themselves in pure fury! :rofl

Imperium
October 20, 2007, 01:50 PM
Thats exactly why it would have been cool to have it in the book.

Think of those dumbass christians in USA, they would've shit themselves in pure fury!

lol, I agree. They already are hate it due to its supposed satanism anyway

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/71/Harrypottersatan.gif it was on wikipedia :rofl

iThePirate
October 20, 2007, 02:07 PM
haha exactly, man it would have topped the "banned books of the century" list in 2 seconds flat if that was the case

Imperium
October 20, 2007, 02:17 PM
Actually, i know read the full interview and i was surprised at the lupin revelation, just how rich was james to not only support his family but also his friend???

:offtopic just checked the banned book lists on wikipedia and for some reason American psycho was banned in australia, even animal farm:blink makes you think that harry potter had a close call :p
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_books#A

iThePirate
October 20, 2007, 02:51 PM
James was a pimp, or maybe a giggolo, or maybe the hugh hefner of the wizards, is there a playboy but for wizards? with movin pic sn stuff? anyone knows?

Imperium
October 20, 2007, 03:05 PM
So that's what they did, they left school. James has gold, enough to support Sirius and Lily. So I suppose they lived off a private income.

he even supported Sirius with his money

is there a playboy but for wizards? with movin pic sn stuff?

:oh .........:nosebleed

Impel Down
October 20, 2007, 03:09 PM
A playboy in Harry Potter wouldn't be that great. The only attractive witches are that girl from the tournament in the 4th book and Tonks when she's pregnant.

And I think the idea of Dumbledore being gay is good, because the whole book's about, "Oh, don't be a douchebag and discriminate!" and for everyone who didn't get the message and loves Dumbledore but hates gay people, there it is. Perfect.

iThePirate
October 20, 2007, 03:18 PM
totally off-topic:
"jag har fan inga jävla fördomar, jag hatar alla"
Translation:
"I don't have any f-ing prejudices, i hate everybody"

- Organism 12 a.k.a. Ågren from the first verse of the song "Hör Nu Här"

reason for posting that quote is that it somewhat like that i think, people can be gay or whatever they want, ill probably end up disliking you anyway. :D

and why isnt a playboy in the wizard world good? i mean fleur n tonks are the ones you know of, there prolly are alot of beautiful/schexy/cute witches out there :blink

Impel Down
October 20, 2007, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't say I hate everyone, I just feel uncomfortable around everyone/crowds/groups. But it's relieving to hear that you don't hate me for my maieusiophilia, iThePirate!.

And I guess magical playboy could be okay, if there were actually hot witches in it. I mean, they probably move, right? Maybe cast spells to make them all fit your preferences...

iThePirate
October 20, 2007, 04:07 PM
Tonks would be able to fit EVERYONES preference right?

Impel Down
October 20, 2007, 04:18 PM
Hair-color wise, I suppose. Hair STYLE wise, no, probably not. And she's dead, so that might be a problem. Still, if she did Wizard's Playboy while pregnant, that'd rule.

iThePirate
October 20, 2007, 06:56 PM
hair color? she could change her whole appernace, but i guess you're right on the dead part though..

Impel Down
October 20, 2007, 08:12 PM
That would probably be a huge turnoff, the dead thing.

Dragonzair
October 21, 2007, 03:25 AM
James was a pimp, or maybe a giggolo, or maybe the hugh hefner of the wizards, is there a playboy but for wizards? with movin pic sn stuff? anyone knows?

Hm...if there was a wizard's Playboy, those pictures would have been adorning Sirius' walls. Not Sarah Fawcett in a bikini muggle women in bikinis. XD

So who lol'ed at that scene? XD

Granted, it was supposed to be an emotional one, but I was laughing like an ass when Sirius' room was described. XD

BTW!! What do you think of JKR's answer about...the goats >.>

Lohnt
October 21, 2007, 03:56 AM
I don't think the "gay" issue has anything to do with prejudice, it has more to do with shock factor. J.K. was really just reaching for people to be interested in her again until her new series comes out, since HP is over and people have already started forgetting the second richest person in the U.K. (God Forbid!)

yoniekai
October 21, 2007, 04:30 AM
wasnt that shocked tho. the important thing is he's not a pedo, cause damn that would destroy hp forever :D

Dragonzair
October 21, 2007, 04:38 AM
I doubt people wuld forget it, though. And I just have a gut feeling she's been planning this since she's created him. That's been the same with all her characters, and it kind of makes sense, as to why he'd even follow Grindelwald >.>

Especially people who've been following HP since it first began, and she knows that no one can forget her. XD Heck, you have to remember the avid fans. She knows they're there, stalking and eating her every words. XD So if she changes anything, it'll mes up her story. XD

The thing that shocked me most is the goats. It still scares me. >.>
[hr]
God forbid he was a paedo >.>

I mean...truth be told, HOW MANY scenes were there with Harry and Dumbledore? There's the broom-closet scene, and...uhm. Okay. There's naked Harry in King's Cross Station.

Oh dear GOD, no :s

Imperium
October 21, 2007, 08:46 AM
J.K. was really just reaching for people to be interested in her again until her new series comes out,

That really makes sense since people were starting to slowly forget about her, makes you wonder what the next revelation is.....putting bets on Dumbledore and harry!!!

I mean...truth be told, HOW MANY scenes were there with Harry and Dumbledore? There's the broom-closet scene, and...uhm. Okay. There's naked Harry in King's Cross Station.

:rofl and that's why im betting on them :XD

but anyway, the Hagrid not finding love thing kinda depressed me. He was one of my favourite characters :scry

Impel Down
October 21, 2007, 10:29 AM
Great, now the "Harry Potter books are t3h satan!11!!1!" people are going to point out those scenes...and I knew Hagrid would never find love.

Imperium
October 21, 2007, 10:39 AM
Great, now the "Harry Potter books are t3h satan!11!!1!" people are going to point out those scenes.

Why would they, those scenes have nothing to do with satansim.....unless Satan was a pedo:blink

and I knew Hagrid would never find love

How can you say that, what about madam maxime. I had my fingers crossed for him, maybe he would have grown out of his "i like really crazy animals" thing if he got laid.....

iThePirate
October 21, 2007, 10:58 AM
How can you say that, what about madam maxime. I had my fingers crossed for him, maybe he would have grown out of his "i like really crazy animals" thing if he got laid.....

:rofl

i agree though, i thought those two lovebirds would hit it off for sure after volders death n all..

Imperium
October 21, 2007, 12:37 PM
i agree though, i thought those two lovebirds would hit it off for sure after volders death n all..

Well, just shows eveything in life deosnt go the way you planned :XD

kadodo
October 21, 2007, 05:28 PM
Well, I have to say that I am surprised as all of you are but there was I did not understand the goat joke. Anyone understood it cause I did not see what J.K meant.

~Lilium~
October 26, 2007, 08:58 PM
finally found this thread. i thought it was gone! :x( it was just moved...

but yeah... dumbledore being gay was a big surprise. that makes me feel all weird.. you know how he calls harry up to his office all the time...

gyah.... i have to stop thinking these thing... i feel gross now :scry

rhapsody blue
October 26, 2007, 09:06 PM
but yeah... dumbledore being gay was a big surprise. that makes me feel all weird.. you know how he calls harry up to his office all the time...

gyah.... i have to stop thinking these thing... i feel gross now :scry

being gay does not equate to pedophile...

~Lilium~
October 26, 2007, 09:25 PM
... yeah that's true but i can't just stop thinking of that because the place i heard this from was the radio... and the reporter guy did also say he was a pedo and i actually believed it for a day until someone told me that part wasn't true... but now i can't get it off my head... :darn

weixiaobao
November 02, 2007, 10:38 PM
interesting.. where are you guys get this infos from ? an article? ...

Imperium
November 03, 2007, 08:27 AM
Go back a couple of pages and snoogen0120 posted a link.

Crayola
November 04, 2007, 04:33 AM
Have to say I hate how the ships ended. I feel that the fact that Ron won Hermione over because he was using tricks from a book unappealing. And Harry suddenly falling for Ginny in the sixth year was so random especially since she's such a minor character. I was hoping for a Hermione/Harry ending. They seem to share a really strong bond and I feel like the only reason they didn't end up together was because Ron, being as jealous as he is of Harry would get all mad and in a hissy fit if Hermione and Hermione hooked up instead.

weixiaobao
November 07, 2007, 07:44 PM
I think Rowling said Dum... is gay just to tick off all of the religious communities ... after all they really want to ban the book from public schools and stuff

Have to say I hate how the ships ended. I feel that the fact that Ron won Hermione over because he was using tricks from a book unappealing. And Harry suddenly falling for Ginny in the sixth year was so random especially since she's such a minor character. I was hoping for a Hermione/Harry ending. They seem to share a really strong bond and I feel like the only reason they didn't end up together was because Ron, being as jealous as he is of Harry would get all mad and in a hissy fit if Hermione and Hermione hooked up instead.

me too, ... Harry and Hermione is the way to go... Ginny is just not feminine, not as hot as Hermione...

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
November 08, 2007, 01:32 PM
But Harry already got the cool magic power, tons of money in Gringott and an awesome Patronus. Now you want him to get the hot girl too? Have a heart for Ron, Lord Duke of Mount Deer (weixiaobao). He got hand-me-downs stuff to use at school, a pet rat that turn out to be a real "rat", and in the end who's he gonna end up with? :D

weixiaobao
November 08, 2007, 03:58 PM
But Harry already got the cool magic power, tons of money in Gringott and an awesome Patronus. Now you want him to get the hot girl too? Have a heart for Ron, Lord Duke of Mount Deer (weixiaobao). He got hand-me-downs stuff to use at school, a pet rat that turn out to be a real "rat", and in the end who's he gonna end up with? :D

come on Harry Potter need more than just one hot girl :P, compare to Duke of mount deer (super rich, high status, lot and lot of wives :D)

As for Ron, shame on him for running away for half of the seventh book, and in the 4th book, we saw his ugly jealous side of him (but he a great friend, if he married Hermione, I felt that Harry is single out) .... and beside Hermione sticked with Harry all of the time

Crayola
November 08, 2007, 05:09 PM
Ron should have gotten Luna Lovegood. It appeared as if she had like Ron to me and it's his little sister's best friend which is also a logical approach in terms of a possible relationship. Since we first met Luna, she seems to have had an attraction or something to that of Ron, so why not?

mitokomon
December 04, 2007, 05:40 AM
Even tough nothing is said about it, I think there's something between Luna and Neville, and they also suit each other, right?
I mean they're both a little weird and they were the only ones, who remembered to look at galleons (I forgot which book it was)
so I cheer for them... yaay

kadodo
December 04, 2007, 12:13 PM
Well, we can say that Luna and Neville are almost the same because of the way they treat them at school and everything. Didn't the author say who Neville married in the future? I can't fully remember but I think he married someone....

rhapsody blue
December 04, 2007, 12:38 PM
Well, we can say that Luna and Neville are almost the same because of the way they treat them at school and everything. Didn't the author say who Neville married in the future? I can't fully remember but I think he married someone....

luna does marry someone else. i don't know if neville marries but they unfortunately do not end up together.

mitokomon
December 04, 2007, 04:03 PM
eeeh o_O really?!
I don't even remember luna being mentioned in the 19 years after part...

rhapsody blue
January 19, 2008, 01:52 PM
amazon was able to get a copy of jk rowling's the tales of beedle the bard and posted its review.

review, summaries, and pictures (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=gw_cto_rarebook?ie=UTF8&docId=1000179911&pf_rd_p=343120901&pf_rd_s=left-nav-2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=507846&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0BHGC9KJ6BPJYQSPQQDK)

warning: major spoilers for each chapter in the book

rhapsody blue
March 19, 2008, 06:42 PM
so my sister subscribed to an animation (2d and computer graphics stuff) newsletter and the latest issue has information about the last harry potter movie. apparently it will be shown in two parts. :)

22. HARRY POTTER CONJURES UP A TWO-PART FINALE.
HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS will be released as two separate
films, Warner Bros. announced Wednesday.

Parts 1 and 2 will be released in November 2010 and May 2011 and will be
the final chapter in a decade-long HARRY POTTER film bonanza.

David Yates, director of sixth movie HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD
PRINCE, is on board to direct the seventh film -- both parts will be
filmed consecutively.

Steve Kloves will be returning to write the last two movies, adapting JK
Rowling's 784-page book, the longest in the series.

HALLOWS sold more than 11 million copies in its first 24 hours of
release.

The cast from the sixth movie, including now-teenage stars Daniel
Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint as Harry Potter, Hermione
Granger and Ron Weasley.

The films are guaranteed hits, so splitting them makes financial sense
for Warners, who distributes the pics worldwide and has no financial
partner sharing revenue.

Warners allowed Quentin Tarantino to split his otherwise-unwieldy KILL
BILL into two parts, released in 2003 and 2004.

weixiaobao
March 20, 2008, 07:25 PM
:) look like they gonna try to milk all they can out of the series..
so what do you guys think gonna be the end of part one..

EvilGenious
April 09, 2008, 10:24 PM
Hahahaha...I remember the night that the Deathly Hallows came out! I was working the overnight shift and managed to grab my copy (and hide it) before everyone else got theirs. I was kinda upset when my favorite character died! *sniff*

Sasuke_Kai_92
April 10, 2008, 10:56 AM
Was it Hedwig? :xd

DemonDays
April 18, 2008, 06:45 AM
I suppose you've heard about the lawsuit JK has slapped on this guy who wrote the 'Lexicon', basically an encyclopedia of everything Harry Potter.

I don't blame her for doing it really, this guy has stolen her ideas and tried to make profit out of it. It would have been like getting paid to write fanfiction.

rhapsody blue
April 18, 2008, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I read about it on fandom wank; I don't blame her either. Most of his encyclopedia comes from her ideas; though I am amazed by how the media here is trying to make her look like a villian. :blink

DemonDays
April 18, 2008, 09:07 AM
The librarian-author at the heart of the Harry Potter encyclopedia lawsuit controversy, Steven Jan Vander Ark, broke down sobbing on the witness stand on Tuesday.

The 50-year old librarian was described by courtroom observers as "school boy charming" and an obvious Harry Potter die hard. On the witness stand, the librarian portrayed J.K. Rowling as 'his idol, his true literary love, who had been unaccountably bewitched by the evil, money-grubbing forces of publishing, like one of Voldemort’s vassals.' He couldn't understand how Rowling one day was singling out his Harry Potter Lexicon Web site, out of “hundreds of thousands” of Potter fan sites on the Web, for praise and then the next is accusing him of plagiarism for wanting to turn it into a book.

The report goes on to recount that when the librarian was asked by his lawyer if he considered himself part of the Harry Potter community:

“I did,” he said, his face reddening, as he turned away from Ms. Rowling, who was sitting 10 feet away at the plaintiff’s table, listening intently. Then he burst out crying. “Sorry,” he said, regaining his composure. “It’s been difficult because there’s been a lot of criticism, obviously, and that was never the intention.”

Rowling reacted to the librarian's testimony through an e-mail message from a spokeswoman, saying, “A fan’s affectionate enthusiasm should not obscure acts of plagiarism.”

He sounds a bit loopy to me anyway....

rhapsody blue
April 18, 2008, 09:10 AM
Yeah, he does. Apparently he even back stabbed the publishing company that is planning to publish his book.

When asked if he would not be working RDR following the Lexicon book because he felt he was being misled, he adamantly denied such an allegation. Rowling’s lawyer then brought in a new piece of evidence. She distributed to the judge, Vander Ark, and RDR’s lawyers, a copy of an email sent by Mr. Vander Ark to Melissa Anelli. He stated in the email that he felt RDR had lied to and misled him and that they ruined his standing with fans and JKR and that was why he wouldn’t work with them anymore. The still silence following this piece of evidence leaves me with the conclusion that it’s very possible that RDR did not know that Vander Ark was saying such things behind their back.

EvilGenious
April 22, 2008, 12:33 AM
Was it Hedwig? :xd

no, it was snape...*sniffs*

i knew he was a good guy all along!

weixiaobao
April 24, 2008, 12:10 AM

i didn't know if Snape was the good guy from the beginning but i doubt that he is a bad guy since the headmaster trust in him.. but Harry Potter is very hypocrite toward him through out the series, like Snape put "like father like son"..

Sasuke_Kai_92
April 25, 2008, 05:17 PM

I really hated Voldemort for killing Snape. It sucked alot. He was my favourite character as well, and the way Rowling had put he's story as him being a good guy right from the beginning was excellent. I did feel sorry for him..after all the things he has done for Voldemort, but Snape was the current holder of the Elder Wand and Voldie wanted it, and we all knew who would win at the end.

I was expecting a fight between them , but Snake just got suffocated by the snake I think, can't remember that specific part.

rhapsody blue
April 30, 2008, 09:01 AM
I thought Nagi bit Snape, but it has been awhile since I read the book.

Anyway, the first part of the 7th move will be out on Nov. 19, 2010 while the second part will be out in summer 2011.

16. DEATHLY HALLOWS PART ONE SET FOR NOVEMBER 2010 RELEASE.
Warner Bros. Pictures will release Part One of HARRY POTTER AND THE
DEATHLY HALLOWS on November 19, 2010, per ComingSoon.net.

Part Two will follow sometime in summer 2011.

The official announcement from Warners earlier this year saying the
studio was splitting up the final HARRY POTTER book did not have a firm
date.

David Yates (HALF-BLOOD PRINCE and ORDER OF THE PHOENIX) will direct a
Steve Kloves script with returning stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint
and Emma Watson.

Sasuke_Kai_92
April 30, 2008, 05:04 PM
We ain't even seen the 6th movie yet lol. And yeah, I heard about that.
That's what I wanted to see in the 5th movie, but they just ruined everything, I was totally disapointed with the order of the phoenix movie. Thank god they won't ruin the last one. XD

And is the first part gonna be 2 and a half hours? and 2nd part be 2 and a half hours?
that would be uber cool

mrcongojack
April 30, 2008, 08:01 PM
I don't think that Deathly Hallows is going to really divided into two parts. It'll end up being a trilogy! Honestly, these movies are huge cash cows for Warner Bros. They are going to milk this last book as long as possible, or until JK announces a new series.

Sasuke_Kai_92
May 01, 2008, 12:08 PM
I don't think that Deathly Hallows is going to really divided into two parts. It'll end up being a trilogy! Honestly, these movies are huge cash cows for Warner Bros. They are going to milk this last book as long as possible, or until JK announces a new series.

She is writing a series but its for a older audience. But I don't think it will be popular as HP. HP are the BEST books

rhapsody blue
August 01, 2008, 09:34 AM
JK Rowling is going to release a HP-related book in December! :D

Link (http://www.borders.com/online/store/ArticleView_talesofbeedlebardpr?cmpid=SA_20080801_NR)

The Children's High Level Group will publish three editions of the book [The Tales of Beedle the Bard], all in the English language, to be printed and distributed by Bloomsbury, Scholastic and Amazon. The Bloomsbury and Scholastic editions (£6.99 / $12.99) will feature additional commentary on each fairy tale from Professor Dumbledore and an introduction by J K Rowling. Amazon will produce up to a maximum of 100,000 Collector's Edition copies (£50 / $100), which will aim to closely replicate the look and feel of the original 'Beedle'. All editions will go on sale on Thursday 4 December 2008.

kadodo
August 05, 2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks for that info Rapshody Blue. On the other hand, all Harry Potter fans:

THE PREVIEW FOR THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE IS OUT! It looks like it's going to be very good! Here's the link:

http://wbads-27.vo.llnwd.net/e1/wbmovies/halfbloodprince/teaser/HP6_Large.mov

I don't know for y'all but that movie might be scary for little kids!

yoniekai
August 05, 2008, 11:27 AM
i saw that and i was really impressed with the trailer, cuz i always thought the sixth movie is all about the storyline and it would be a big challenge to make it into a movie. but so far it looks awesome

kadodo
August 16, 2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah it does look awesome so far. I was watching some interviews about the movie and I think the actors had said it was pretty funny to film the kissing scenes.
[hr]
Well I have really bad news for all the potter fans. The release of the Half-Blood Prince was pushed to summer of 09. For more details you guys may go to this link:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=48001

ssjohn
September 10, 2008, 05:09 PM
Just a bunch of info super fast lol.

JKR beat RDR publishing in a court battle over getting the Harry potter Lexicon published ;) YAY JO!

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1858

Mugglenet.com has more info, including statements from both JKR and RDR (Including Steve Vanderarc of The HP Lexicon)

Emma Watson says the next movie (HBP) is more of a romantic comedy... oy...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a129903/watson-next-potter-is-a-romantic-comedy.html

Yea the delay in the movie sucks but its for the best from a bushiness pov, and we have Beatle of the bard to read so we should be happy lol and now we have 3 years of potter ;)

Weapon_X
April 13, 2009, 11:02 AM
No MAN! Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is rated PG! This is so stupid, it's not going to be nothing like the book. This book has death and lots of dark materials, and it's rated PG. It's going to be like the 5th movie where they cut out so many important scenes from the book. Also they removed like 2 memories of Voldemort and removed Dumbledore's funeral. Man this is shit. (Wikipedia sources)

Seriosuly it ain't hard to make a movie by following the books.

kadodo
April 13, 2009, 12:11 PM
wow! Are you serious? Number was one of the darkest stories of all! What the hell are they thinking?

iThePirate
April 13, 2009, 12:26 PM
Well have any of the movies been any good compared to the books really?

I do enjoy the movies but not half as much as I enjoy the books.

Weapon_X
April 13, 2009, 12:28 PM
wow! Are you serious? Number was one of the darkest stories of all! What the hell are they thinking?

I am serious. Exactly, the 6th book was one of the darkest stories. Removing Voldemort's memories, and removing Dumbledore's funeral?
They said that if they kept dumbledore's funeral, it wouldn't fit in with the story? What the hell? IT'S IN THE BOOK! If it's in the book and it does fit in the story, then you gotta have it in the movie....PG Rating, great. So no Fenrir Greyback I guess.

kadodo
April 13, 2009, 12:55 PM
I guess a lot of stuff will be cut off. I really hope they do a great job with Number 7. Since they will split into 2, they must include every single little things that the fans would want.

Weapon_X
April 13, 2009, 01:00 PM
I hope they include the 17 years later in the second part of Deathly Hallows. But still, the 6th book is my favourite and man I am dissapointed. *sigh* Hope they do include Fenrir Greyback, otherwise whats the point in missing out the key info and characters..

kadodo
April 13, 2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah Fenrir Greyback is important in this book. However, I think the most important thing is Naruto's last adventure with Dumbledore. This part is crucial and I think it will need it will need perfect acting. This is the part where there'll be the most dark stuff and especially Dumbledore drinking that Nasty thing.

iThePirate
April 13, 2009, 01:39 PM
I am serious. Exactly, the 6th book was one of the darkest stories. Removing Voldemort's memories, and removing Dumbledore's funeral?
They said that if they kept dumbledore's funeral, it wouldn't fit in with the story? What the hell? IT'S IN THE BOOK! If it's in the book and it does fit in the story, then you gotta have it in the movie....PG Rating, great. So no Fenrir Greyback I guess.
they're going to cut out the funeral? wtf? ***** **** *** *******

and the memories?

and greyback?

whats left in the movie then?

damn, i dont look forward to that one.

Weapon_X
April 13, 2009, 01:53 PM
Yeah Fenrir Greyback is important in this book. However, I think the most important thing is Naruto's last adventure with Dumbledore. This part is crucial and I think it will need it will need perfect acting. This is the part where there'll be the most dark stuff and especially Dumbledore drinking that Nasty thing.

Naruto's last adventure with Dumbledore?

Also the Inferi, the dead bodies in the water. Seen the trailer when Dumbledore does the fire thingy, forgot what it was called. xP

iThePirate
April 13, 2009, 02:05 PM
Naruto's last adventure with Dumbledore?

Also the Inferi, the dead bodies in the water. Seen the trailer when Dumbledore does the fire thingy, forgot what it was called. xP
what? theyve removed the zombies aswell?

Naruto's last adventure with Dumbledore
roflmao, didnt even see that.

kadodo
April 13, 2009, 02:25 PM
lol my bad, I tend to confuse those two a lot since I'm so addicted to them. I think i'm not gonna edit it, just for laughs.

Anyways, besides that I think the movie will be funny will all those love potions going around. It's gonna be romantic too when they show the love between Harry and Ginny and the jealousy between Ron and Hermione.

Weapon_X
April 13, 2009, 02:32 PM
what? theyve removed the zombies aswell

Nah, they are seen in the trailer.
[hr]

lol my bad, I tend to confuse those two a lot since I'm so addicted to them. I think i'm not gonna edit it, just for laughs.

Anyways, besides that I think the movie will be funny will all those love potions going around. It's gonna be romantic too when they show the love between Harry and Ginny and the jealousy between Ron and Hermione.

lol that's gonna be awesome. In one of the trailers Harry is looking at a poster reading " The Destined Child" and harry is pleased with it, then Hermione slaps him on the head and says " What are you doing " and harry replies " but it's true, I am the destined child ". I think it was that felix felicies thing..lol

kadodo
July 21, 2009, 03:05 PM
Ok I have not come in this thread for a while. I just came upon a pretty funny video. So all Harry Potter lovers, enjoy this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_4j68l7Jo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eeonline%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded

blai
July 23, 2009, 04:55 AM
Aside from how good the movie is. How much of the story do they skip from the book?

idc if it's awesome but if they skip stuff from the book I won't see it.. The 6th book is too good for that.

kadodo
July 23, 2009, 01:52 PM
Well lets see. The movie was good. I think they stick to the story. However, I think they added more stuff than they took out. Most of the kissing scenes were good but they happened differently.

blai
July 01, 2010, 11:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP2dAwH0jSU&feature=related

Trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 & Part 2

Part 1 released November 2010
Part 2 released July 2011

Both in 3D

Love it/Hate it? What's your opinion?

Personally, if they nail the 3D, it will be one of the best films for a long time because the book is insane, and the trailer looks fantastic! Got me all hyped up, and mind you, I'm no hardcore Harry Potter fan.

DARK
July 01, 2010, 04:07 PM
The new HP trailer was sick. It didn't reveal too much, and it didn't reveal too little. It was absolutely perfect.
I'm glad the director is taking an initiative to split the movie into two parts. There is a lot of material that cannot be covered in 2.5 hours, especially when we get to the Hogwarts battle that was skipped in the sixth movie.
The final result probably won't be directly coherent to the book; certain parts may be skipped and there is the possibility for filler, but regardless this is one of my most awaited movie projects this year.

blai
November 21, 2010, 05:57 PM
REVIVING THREAD \o/

Anyone else seen the 7th film? Whaddya think about it?

Personally I loved it and the differences from the book actually worked.

It's shame that the actors are so old now because you can really see that, for example, Daniel Radcliff will have a hard time succeeding outside of the Harry Potter franchise while Rupert Grint will go far.

M3J
November 21, 2010, 06:04 PM
I heard the movie deviated from the book. Made me rage, especially when I was told who caught Harry and Ginny making out.

I still can't believe what happened when Harry and Hermione were at Godric's Hollow either... her sideboobs had better be worth it. :mad

Imperium
November 22, 2010, 02:30 AM
I posted about this in another thread, but i am not going to watch part 1. I rarely watch harry potter films any more, but even besides that fact, from what ive heard part 1 is essentially the setting the scene for the finale. Now as good as it is, i am not going to go out of my way to watch a film that is setting the scene for a conclusion i already know. If it was all one film i would go and watch it (because there is no possible way you can make the second part of DH shit, its impossible!). But its not, and i am happy its not, as it shows more thought and effort went into the best parts of the whole series. Which i am definitely going to watch.

Actually worked.

It's shame that the actors are so old now because you can really see that, for example, Daniel Radcliff will have a hard time succeeding outside of the Harry Potter franchise while Rupert Grint will go far.When you star in 8 blockbusters you can be a worse actor than me and still be successful. :p But i do agree Grint is the better actor. As much as Radcliffe seems to be a really cool person, his acting i believe isnt the best.

kkck
November 22, 2010, 01:35 PM
I think radclif won't have a big career after harry potter. He will suffer the same fate as actors who are way to identified with a particular role. Unfortunately for him people will have trouble getting past him being harry potter. Every time he is seen now he will not be seen as whoever he is playing but he will be seen as harry potter. I think a similar thing happened to luke skywalker (cant event remember his name right now).

kadodo
November 23, 2010, 09:53 AM
I posted about this in another thread, but i am not going to watch part 1. I rarely watch harry potter films any more, but even besides that fact, from what ive heard part 1 is essentially the setting the scene for the finale. Now as good as it is, i am not going to go out of my way to watch a film that is setting the scene for a conclusion i already know. If it was all one film i would go and watch it (because there is no possible way you can make the second part of DH shit, its impossible!). But its not, and i am happy its not, as it shows more thought and effort went into the best parts of the whole series. Which i am definitely going to watch.

When you star in 8 blockbusters you can be a worse actor than me and still be successful. :p But i do agree Grint is the better actor. As much as Radcliffe seems to be a really cool person, his acting i believe isnt the best.

I agree with you guys totally on the acting part. I have always thought that Daniel Radcliffe was not the best actor. However, he was probably the one who fit the Harry Potter description the best ten years ago. Even if he was not the best actor, I never wanted the people to change him just because I think it would have an effect on Rupert Grint and Emma Watson.

As for him going far, I think he will still make a lot of money and be a very succesfull actor after the HP series are done. Will Rupert Grint be more successful? We cant really tell, I guess it would really depend on which of them gets picked for the best movies
[hr]

I heard the movie deviated from the book. Made me rage, especially when I was told who caught Harry and Ginny making out.

I still can't believe what happened when Harry and Hermione were at Godric's Hollow either... her sideboobs had better be worth it. :mad

Lol I'm sorry they told you what happened. However, I believe you would still enjoy the movie because there are a lot of other interesting facts

blai
November 23, 2010, 12:01 PM
Actually, he asked for the details himself. I'm not that concerned about the minor changes, as the major plot and or example, the doe, is still there. Hopefully The Prince's Tail will be brilliant in the 2nd part as that's the part I'm looking forward the most.