PDA

View Full Version : Movies The Harry Potter Thread ( Beware of SPOILERS! )

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 05:13 PM
I'm a big fan of Harry Potter and I've read and watched all the movies. Here you can talk about all your favorite characters in Harry Potter and what you think will happen in the 7th book. We could also ask questions and discuss the old books. As for me, here are my first questions. This is only for those who have read book 6. Is Dumbledore really dead or better yet will Harry go back out with Ginny? Please post and reply here.
By the way he're is a link to Movie 5 : Harry Potter and The order Of Phoenix.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KKYHZumv-qA

Here are the different covers for the Book 7, The Deathly Hallows:

UK VERSION COVER:

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6214/dhuk25tf1.png (http://imageshack.us)

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5589/lastoneforrealys0.png (http://imageshack.us)

UK ADULT VERSION

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4069/dhukadultfront35kr9.png (http://imageshack.us)

US VERSION COVER:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5048/dhuscs7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3505/dhusfullthumb23xr1.png (http://imageshack.us)

DarkManSharingan32
December 09, 2006, 09:34 PM
It's kind on sad...
Harry is destined to die, isn't he?

To kill one is to sever the link between both... and will spell the death of the other.
*shrugs*

Think about it... Harry knows it.
It's why he is trying to distance himself from his friends.

Poor Ginny.
---

But you know... Harry will be heralded as a hero in the end.
And the wizarding world will never be the same.

Imagine the funeral HE wold get.
---

You know...
Harry Potter = Naruto.
Hermione = Sakura
Malfoy = Sasuke
Ron = Kiba
---

Anyways...
My favorite character is Malfoy...
Despite how horrible he is... he is one hilarious dude.

And his character has that newly created duality... we literally saw him crack under the pressure of being a "Death Eater".
Some excellent writing there... the confrontation of Dumbledore and Malfoy was amazing.

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 09:40 PM
Well that's funny Harry Potter= Naruto Hermione=Sakura Ron=Kiba.

Raseru
December 09, 2006, 09:49 PM
Does that mean Orochimaru = Voldemort or the AL = Voldemort?

jairdan6
December 09, 2006, 09:50 PM
http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/harry-potter/topics/dumbledore.html

this is like a conspiracy site for these ultra ne-, harry potter oriented people who devoted a site to discussing why dumbledore isn't dead. my god imagine if they ever found out about aliens?!

anyways, you think harry is going to be as bitchy prepubescent in movie 5 as he is in the book?

my god you should see the fanfics. not that i go viewing these things *cough*

but it's my understanding that Orochimaru = voldemort

DarkManSharingan32
December 09, 2006, 10:07 PM
It all depends really...
I believe Orochimaru will eventually fight the A.L....
So in that instance Oro would be more like Snape..

And the A.L. would be Voldemort.
Despite the whole immortality link between the two...lol

jairdan6
December 09, 2006, 10:29 PM
nah, cause snape could potentially still be good while i haven't heard an "orochimaru is good" theory yet. plus AL hasn't shown anything snake related as of yet.

kadodo
December 09, 2006, 10:37 PM
Well for all I know the nine tails is the closest to being Voldemort. Voldemort took Harry's blood to revive again so that means Hary's blood is running in Voldemort. And the kyuubi chakra is running through naruto.

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 03:40 AM
i think you might be taking it too literally. Naruto isn't trying to kill Nine Tail and all.

back to Potter, I think he looks old. and annoying, at least in the book. All those yelling and capital letters really made me want to punch him and say "Calm down dude! Can't you think properly without pissing everybody off ?!?!"

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 03:45 AM
It's funny somebody in harry potter has your username.

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 03:49 AM
In the book? I remember vaguely that the name is used somewhere in there, but i don't remember. Who/what was it?

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 03:50 AM
I think it was the annoying ghost, if I'm not mistaking.

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 03:54 AM
Oh, him. Yeah. But I didn't get it from there ofcourse. It's actually a manipulation of my real name. Being in elementary school and all, it actually took me quite a while to come up with this one. That's why I use it for mostly everything.

The annoying ghost, I despise his existence. . . .

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 03:56 AM
Yeah me too. Back on topic. Do you think dumbledore is really dead? Or is Snape really a traitor?

Raseru
December 10, 2006, 03:57 AM
Yep, in the early books, Peeves was the ghost playing pranks on Harry and the gang. I don't think he'll make an appearance anytime soon, seeing as the storyline is starting to get serious and all ...

Yeah me too. Back on topic. Do you think dumbledore is really dead? Or is Snape really a traitor?

I don't know what to think ...

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 03:59 AM
Well I think Snape is hiding something because he could have killed Harry Potter but he said he was not going to because Voldemort was the one to do it. I just think that's bull.

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 04:01 AM
Dumbledore's dead alright. It would be a bit cheesy if he comes back. In fact, I would be rather disappointed in JK if he comes back. Not that I don't miss him, but for the plot's sake, don't come back.
Somehow, I still doubt whether Snape is really a traitor despite everything, it's this feeling I have. Snape has been doing a lot of double-crossing. Who knows, he might be double-double-crossing by pretending to be double-crossing. I don't know what I'm saying anymore. :xp
If Snape is really on Voldemort's side, I don't think he would hesitate to kill Potter.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 04:24 AM
I guess you're right about Snape. I wonder how is Harry going to get strong enough to beat Voldemort?

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 12:44 PM
I have no idea. Come to think of it, he's not that smart/good, taking into account that most of the fights he won were from either pure luck or with someone's help.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 01:13 PM
It's true, I think he's going to get some serious training from a good wizard.

DarkManSharingan32
December 10, 2006, 02:33 PM
Snape was just preforming under that blood oath, or whatever it was...
To protect Malfoy's life at all cost.

I believe, Snape is most likely on a path he can't possibly turn back from... though he CAN save Malfoy.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 02:35 PM
Well I'm surprised that Malfoy could not kill Dumbledore. Do you think that he regrets what he have done by allowing the death eaters to come at Hogwarts?

DarkManSharingan32
December 10, 2006, 02:47 PM
Well I'm surprised that Malfoy could not kill Dumbledore. Do you think that he regrets what he have done by allowing the death eaters to come at Hogwarts?

Wholeheartedly...

he was about to give into Dumbledore before Snape showed up.
Malfoy is in a world he THOUGHT he wanted to be apart of...
But now he's under much more stress and toil that ever...and it's cracking him.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 03:09 PM
He still will go to Hogwarts right?

DarkManSharingan32
December 10, 2006, 03:30 PM
He still will go to Hogwarts right?

Probably not...
Harry won't be going to Hogwarts either...
I think Ron and Hermione said they weren't either.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 03:32 PM
I think I have to reread book 6, since I read this last summer. By the way, did they say book 7 will come out on 7/07/07? Or they did not announce it yet?

LadyHatake
December 10, 2006, 03:48 PM
I know I'm being nitpicky, but on the Peeves thing...

More specifically, he's a poltergeist. Not just a ghost.

,oO

And there's no official release date for the 7th book, but the 5th movie is slated for July 13, 2007. The publishers are hoping for a book release between July 7th and July 13th.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 03:49 PM
Ok, thanks.

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 07:33 PM
I can't imagine Harry out of Hogwart. I know he said he wouldn't, but it might be a little tough for him to reach Voldemort if he doesn't go to Hogwart. He can't just run around trying to find whole bunch of death eaters and get himself killed.

It's true, I think he's going to get some serious training from a good wizard.

Who do you think it would be? Lupin? Snape (seems very far-fetched but possible)? Since Dumbledore's dead (I believe so), there're no that many left, unless Harry trip over someone.

DarkManSharingan32
December 10, 2006, 07:34 PM
I can't imagine Harry out of Hogwart. I know he said he wouldn't, but it might be a little tough for him to reach Voldemort if he doesn't go to Hogwart. He can't just run around trying to find whole bunch of death eaters and get himself killed.Who do you think it would be? Lupin? Snape (seems very far-fetched but possible)? Since Dumbledore's dead (I believe so), there're no that many left, unless Harry trip over someone.

He can go to gain information...
But if you think he's going to be taking classes and all that...

It would be a waste of a book
lol

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 07:40 PM
He can go to gain information...
But if you think he's going to be taking classes and all that...

It would be a waste of a book
lol

:nod true, it's not like he's going to pass anyway. I think he would get his training from someone at Hogwart, it's this gut feeling I'm having. But no, he's not going to classes, at least he's not going to be there mentally.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 07:51 PM
By the way, remember how when Harry went to that fountain with Dumbledore? They went to find something but somebody already took it(forgot the name). Do you guys think it's somebody that we already know or will it be a new character?

jairdan6
December 10, 2006, 08:04 PM
er, i don't think you meant to say luffy, but you're referring to the horcrux and i think it was the locket of ravenclaw. and someone already took it named R.A.B. i'm guessing it'll probably be a new character. i also kind of suspect dumbledore to be not dead because something makes me think he wouldn't be pleading with snape to not kill him, but he was telling snape to stick to the plan or something. i don't know, but when he told malfoy there were ways to hide him i think they'd fake his death

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 08:12 PM
yeah I did not mean to but i modified it. sorry :)[br]Posted on: December 10, 2006, 08:06:16 PM_________________________________________________you remember what was the goal of finding the horcrux in the first place?

jairdan6
December 10, 2006, 08:15 PM
voldemort split his soul into seven parts, and put 6 of them into things other than his body. harry destroyed his body, dumbledore destroyed another one, i believe it was the ring of slytherin. they identified the locket of ravenclaw and the cup of hufflepuff to be two of the horcruxes and presumable the locket has been dealt with by R.A.B. Voldemort's snake Nagini might be a horcrux they also said. oh yeah, and riddle's diary was a horcrux that harry destroyed. i think that's all of them that have been talked about so far.

rhapsody blue
December 10, 2006, 08:19 PM
and someone already took it named R.A.B. i'm guessing it'll probably be a new character.

RAB = Regelus Black (Sirius Black's brother); it's a theory anyway.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 08:23 PM
voldemort split his soul into seven parts, and put 6 of them into things other than his body. harry destroyed his body, dumbledore destroyed another one, i believe it was the ring of slytherin. they identified the locket of ravenclaw and the cup of hufflepuff to be two of the horcruxes and presumable the locket has been dealt with by R.A.B. Voldemort's snake Nagini might be a horcrux they also said. oh yeah, and riddle's diary was a horcrux that harry destroyed. i think that's all of them that have been talked about so far.

@jairdan6: thanks, I'm starting to remember now.

Did they ever mention that guy?

rhapsody blue
December 10, 2006, 08:38 PM
@kadodo

Sirius does mention his brother to the Order in 5th book. We just know that he joined Voldemort and that he was killed but we don't know how or by whom (his parents believed Voldemort killed him). Regelus (or however you spell it) was a wuss as well and did everything his parents told him to do. I don't remember where I read it but I think he tried to leave the Deatheaters but the only way to leave the group was by death. It's been a while since I read Harry Potter. >.<

I personally think it would make sense that his brother would try to redeem himself by getting rid of the one of the Horcrux. Also, it would be a pain to introduce someone new in the last book; why not use someone who was casually mentioned beforehand?

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 08:41 PM
I think it will be better to use someone we have heard before as well. R.A.B might someone that we know but just isn't called by R.A.B. Like Snape who was the Half Blood Prince (H.B.P) was not called by that name. So I think it's someone we know but only with a mystery name.

jairdan6
December 10, 2006, 08:54 PM
alright, if you throw in someone pre-existing that means that RAB will need to be an already established character independant of the order of the phoenix. that leaves us with the students, the death eaters, and those in the ministry of magic such as umbridge and scrimgeour. hm... who could it be? i'm not ruling it out, i'm just pointing out that there are few viable persons to be RAB who aren't in the Order of the Phoenix. this is all based on the assumption that the order of the phoenix would collaborate on such an effort to get rid of the horcruxes and one of the members did not merely eliminate one without telling the others.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure I understand your statement( basically the last sentence). one the members did not merely..... What do you mean by that?

jairdan6
December 10, 2006, 09:24 PM
sorry, what i meant was that "based on the assumption that the order of the phoenix would collaborate on such an effort to get rid of the horcruxes and one of the members did not get rid of a horcrux without telling the others."

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 09:35 PM

What would the "A" be for then?
But whoever RAB is, I don't think he's the one who would by training Harry.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 10:02 PM
sorry, what i meant was that "based on the assumption that the order of the phoenix would collaborate on such an effort to get rid of the horcruxes and one of the members did not get rid of a horcrux without telling the others."

you mean to say if one the members of The Order Phoenix did not destroy one of the hocruxes and did not tell Harry about it?

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 10:11 PM
you mean to say if one the members of The Order Phoenix did not destroy one of the hocruxes and did not tell Harry about it?

I think what he might be trying to say is that RAB cannot be from the Order because he took the horcrux. If he were the member of the Order, he would have told the other members about it, but since he didn't, that means he's not part of the Order.

jairdan6
December 10, 2006, 10:44 PM
oh bless you pevee.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 10:46 PM
Oh, I finally understand. Thanks Peeve. Were you mad when Harry did not go with Cho Chang? Or you like him better with Ginny?

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 11:18 PM
No problemo! Glad to help, and glad that you didn't find that rude jairdan06.
I like Cho Chang; she's a good character and everything, but I don't think she make a good couple with Harry. She is just, oh, I don't know, too proud maybe. It's like Harry is her "back-up" for errrrrr, what's his name, the guy who used to be Cho's boyfriend who died in the fourth book, yeah, him. Anyways, Cho doesn't seem to care much about Harry as Ginny has. Therefore, I rather have Harry go out with Ginny than with Cho.

jairdan6
December 10, 2006, 11:21 PM
i think it was Cedric. did anyone notice that harry was just a complete douche bag in book 5? anyways, i thought for awhile that he would go out with hermione cause at the end of book 3 hermione kissed him, but guess not. yeah ginny makes a better pair wiht harry than cho does, but i've got a feeling that it'll never work out completely cause harry is going to be too committed to the whole kill voldemort type deal.

kadodo
December 10, 2006, 11:27 PM
Yeah I like Ginny for Harry as well but I think the guy you talking about is Cedric Gregory.
By the way did J.K. Rowling say there will more death in the 7th book.

Pevee
December 10, 2006, 11:30 PM
Yeah, Cedric Diggory, that's his name. He's the guy who competed in the Tri-Wizard Tournament and ended up dying in the end. I knew it ends with "-dric" but couldn't figure out the front part.
I dropped my hope on Hermione a long time ago since I decided Hermione should be with Ron, if she has to choose between Harry and Ron. But I never think that the friend becoming a girlfriend would ever work out.
Despite everything, I think Ginny and Harry will work out just fine since Ginny already knows about all this and she still likes Harry nevertheless.

did anyone notice that harry was just a complete douche bag in book 5?

Douche bag???

Yeah I like Ginny for Harry as well but I think the guy you talking about is Cedric Gregory.
By the way did J.K. Rowling say there will more death in the 7th book.

Deaths are always expected in the end of every book/serie.

jairdan6
December 11, 2006, 09:26 PM
douche bag might be taking it a little far but he acted so annoyingly in that one. just a bubbly pot of hormones and angst

Pevee
December 11, 2006, 09:53 PM
Yes! The pages were all in capitals! What's wrong with him? He was lamenting about some stupid stuff like, "Why didn't I get to be a prefect!?!?! @#$&*^@#*$^." That was annoying, what a waste of my reading time.
That's one reason why I starting hating him in the fifth book because he was acting so much like a big idiot.

venicia777
December 11, 2006, 10:09 PM
i think we can all put that on hormonal changes going through him. At least it made us see Harry is after all- human. i really loved the fact that JKR made us see him developing not just as this goody two shoes super hero kid endowed with super powers to fight the bad guy.

truly, how many of us do exactly what he did in real life?

I dropped my hope on Hermione a long time ago since I decided Hermione should be with Ron, if she has to choose between Harry and Ron. But I never think that the friend becoming a girlfriend would ever work out.
Despite everything, I think Ginny and Harry will work out just fine since Ginny already knows about all this and she still likes Harry nevertheless.

i have always hoped it was Ron that got hermione. and Ginny or somebody else Harry.

Pevee
December 11, 2006, 10:58 PM
i think we can all put that on hormonal changes going through him. At least it made us see Harry is after all- human. i really loved the fact that JKR made us see him developing not just as this goody two shoes super hero kid endowed with super powers to fight the bad guy.

truly, how many of us do exactly what he did in real life?

I'm not hating the book or anything, but I just starting don't liking him. I know it's realistic, yes, we see him grows and develops, that's cool, but I just don't like the kind of development he's going through.

jairdan6
December 11, 2006, 11:08 PM
i swear to god if harry starts cutting... hehe that'd be funny, but also i might shoot something. does anyone remember the cutting spell btw?

Pevee
December 11, 2006, 11:10 PM
i swear to god if harry starts cutting... hehe that'd be funny, but also i might shoot something. does anyone remember the cutting spell btw?

cutting?? cutting what??

jairdan6
December 11, 2006, 11:14 PM
cutting your wrists though not necessarily suicide in this case which would be slitting your wrists. it's one of the things that's generally associated with emos.

kadodo
December 11, 2006, 11:18 PM
thanks everybody for dropping your posts so far. I was wondering, do you guys think we'll see any quiditch in the next book?

Pevee
December 11, 2006, 11:23 PM
Oh, that self-torturing. I think he should use the torture stationary his (fat,lady) professor made him used once. That one where he writes something down and it kinda cuts his hand. Yeah, and Harry would write "I'm an EMO!!!! ARRGGHHHH!!!" all over the pages.

thanks everybody for dropping your posts so far. I was wondering, do you guys think we'll see any quiditch in the next book?

I think it's a tradition now. So, we will.

venicia777
December 12, 2006, 08:37 AM
I'm not hating the book or anything, but I just starting don't liking him. I know it's realistic, yes, we see him grows and develops, that's cool, but I just don't like the kind of development he's going through.

hey!! it wasnt you alone. they say a good writer is one that makes you relate to the character. and that is what JKR-- did. it was "cool" for us to see a realistic harry but soo good for the story that those who read it wanted to get into the book and whip some sense into the not-so-good-anymore harry (this is where you relate).

I think it's a tradition now. So, we will

we may actually see quidditch again. But i was kinda thinking otherwise. the stage has moved from Harry looking to have fun in the real world(quidditch cup) and from his school (the inter house tournaments) to him probably not going to school yet until voldemort's confrontation. He needs to train and become stronger--- where this will occur we dont know. so i was thinking he may not have the necessary time and temperament to dabble in any quidditch excursions.

rhapsody blue
December 12, 2006, 11:43 AM
What would the "A" be for then?
But whoever RAB is, I don't think he's the one who would by training Harry.

A = middle name

Well, it is implied that RAB was killed by Voldemort so of course he can't train Harry. Beside, didn't Harry want to become more independent and stop relying on others to protect him?

Hopefully but we'll see. I bet the last battle between Voldemort and Harry will take place at Hogwarts.

Pevee
December 12, 2006, 10:08 PM
Well, it is implied that RAB was killed by Voldemort so of course he can't train Harry. Beside, didn't Harry want to become more independent and stop relying on others to protect him?

True, but it will be very hard though, and I don't think he can do it by himself.

Hopefully but we'll see. I bet the last battle between Voldemort and Harry will take place at Hogwarts.

Yeah, I think so too, or at a place that used to be his family's house.

kadodo
December 12, 2006, 10:31 PM
What I like about book 5 or 6(I don't remember which) is how Harry's relationship with his aunt kind of better. Aunt Petunia always knew about Dumbledore but never actually told Harry anything until I think there was a letter bomb involved. Is there anything that Dumbledore told her that she's not telling Harry?

Pevee
December 12, 2006, 10:41 PM
What I like about book 5 or 6(I don't remember which) is how Harry's relationship with his aunt kind of better. Aunt Petunia always knew about Dumbledore but never actually told Harry anything until I think there was a letter bomb involved. Is there anything that Dumbledore told her that she's not telling Harry?

Probably book 6. Yeah, that's nice that they acknowledged him now. Yes, I think Petunia knows something Harry doesn't. I don't know what it is, but I have a feeling that she might play a role in this last book since she hasn't been doing anything in most of the books.

kadodo
December 12, 2006, 10:46 PM
Yeah I have a feeling she's hiding something. Remember she's harry mother's sister. She might be a wizard as well you never know. Remember how Harry tought her sitter was just a neighbor but she was actually on duty by Dumbledore? It might turn out to be something like that.

rhapsody blue
December 12, 2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah I have a feeling she's hiding something. Remember she's harry mother's sister. She might be a wizard as well you never know. Remember how Harry tought her sitter was just a neighbor but she was actually on duty by Dumbledore? It might turn out to be something like that.

Sorry to burst your bubble but she isn't a witch. Go to the following link and click on Rumours.

JK Rowling's Official Site (http://www.jkrowling.com/en/)

I do believe that she knows more than she's letting on though. Maybe she'll die protecting Harry if the Deatheaters attack their house?

Pevee
December 12, 2006, 11:06 PM

That part was crazy, insane,surprising, galvanic! Whatever words you can describe it with. How can she be spending all these years, spying on him in secret?
Well, back to the point about Petunia. I'm pretty convinced that that she doesn't have any magic in her, at least not anymore. She can possibly be a squib.

kadodo
December 12, 2006, 11:19 PM
?

Sorry to burst your bubble but she isn't a witch. Go to the following link and click on Rumours.

JK Rowling's Official Site (http://www.jkrowling.com/en/)

I do believe that she knows more than she's letting on though. Maybe she'll die protecting Harry if the Deatheaters attack their house?

Well I did go to the website but I did not find that actual about petunia not being a witch. Right now, I woder if Voldemortis going after Harry how is he going to do it. Since Dumbledore is dead, is it going to be easier for him?

That part was crazy, insane,surprising, galvanic! Whatever words you can describe it with. How can she be spending all these years, spying on him in secret?
Well, back to the point about Petunia. I'm pretty convinced that that she doesn't have any magic in her, at least not anymore. She can possibly be a squib.

If she's asquib then maybe that's one of the reasons she chose the neighbor as his baby sitter? Just a thought.

Pevee
December 12, 2006, 11:23 PM
?Well I did go to the website but I did not find that actual about petunia not being a witch. Right now, I woder if Voldemortis going after Harry how is he going to do it. Since Dumbledore is dead, is it going to be easier for him?

It will definitely be easier for Voldemort. I still don't know how Harry is going to handle Voldemort and his Deatheaters. Any ideas?

kadodo
December 12, 2006, 11:28 PM
Well for the deatheaters they have to be taken care of The Order of Phoenix or the Ministry of Magic. The second thing I could think of is Snape being a traitor to the Death Eaters. Among the Death Eathers isn't he the strongest? ISince he got evebody's trust now, wouldn't it be easier for him to kill some of them. That is if he's really on Dumbledore's side.

rhapsody blue
December 12, 2006, 11:30 PM
?Well I did go to the website but I did not find that actual about petunia not being a witch. Right now, I woder if Voldemortis going after Harry how is he going to do it. Since Dumbledore is dead, is it going to be easier for him?

Are you sure? I checked the site and found it. Click on the magazine that has the headline "Rumours!" on it. Scroll down and it's listed under the date 25/12/05. Hope that helps!

Since Dumbledore is dead, it will be easier. Harry has a lot of growing up to do in order to defeat Voldemort but I doubt he is the kind of person who would kill. My guess is that Pettigrew will redeem himself by killing Voldemort. He is in debt to Harry because Harry spared his life.

jairdan6
December 12, 2006, 11:32 PM
if he goes around killing death eaters he's only arouse suspicion. i think he's a spy only (assuming that he's still with the order). but then again i wonder if snape could kill voldemort with avada kedavra, but that's harry's job, no?

kadodo
December 12, 2006, 11:49 PM
well it's true avada kedavra, it's harry's job but i don't think these words will ever come out of his mouth.[br]Posted on: December 12, 2006, 11:42:37 PM_________________________________________________

Are you sure? I checked the site and found it. Click on the magazine that has the headline "Rumours!" on it. Scroll down and it's listed under the date 25/12/05. Hope that helps!

Since Dumbledore is dead, it will be easier. Harry has a lot of growing up to do in order to defeat Voldemort but I doubt he is the kind of person who would kill. My guess is that Pettigrew will redeem himself by killing Voldemort. He is in debt to Harry because Harry spared his life.

thanks I found it now. One other thing I was wondering about is who would be the new teacher potions, and will the same teacher against the dark forces will still be there?

Pevee
December 13, 2006, 12:13 AM

Yes, it's there. I found it.

Well for the deatheaters they have to be taken care of The Order of Phoenix or the Ministry of Magic. The second thing I could think of is Snape being a traitor to the Death Eaters. Among the Death Eathers isn't he the strongest? ISince he got evebody's trust now, wouldn't it be easier for him to kill some of them. That is if he's really on Dumbledore's side.

I'm also thinking that Snape is a traitor to the Death Eater also, but no, he wouldn't go around killing the Death Eaters. He might provide some information about them, but he wouldn't risk killing the other Death Eaters and get himself caught unless he is very sure that they would all die or Voldemort would get killed for sure.

well it's true avada kedavra, it's harry's job but i don't think these words will ever come out of his mouth. . . One other thing I was wondering about is who would be the new teacher potions, and will the same teacher against the dark forces will still be there?

Yeah, I don't think Harry would use the spell that kill his parents to kill Voldemort, that would be too much of a revenge. It just goes againt the theorem of (all) novels. I still doubt if he can kill a person coldheartedly regardless whether or not it's Voldemort.
I don't think killing the headmaster would get you qualified for teaching at the school any longer. . .
Who was the old dark force teacher,btw? I always lose track of the teachers. :tem

rhapsody blue
December 13, 2006, 12:20 AM
Who was the old dark force teacher,btw? I always lose track of the teachers. :tem

Snape was the prof in the last book

Pevee
December 14, 2006, 01:05 AM
Snape was the prof in the last book

I was think Snape, but then I remembered that he taught potion and it would be kinda hard to teach both classes. But seemed like he did.

I hope JK introduce us to some cool DA teacher in the last book even though Harry isn't going to school anymore.

kadodo
December 14, 2006, 01:13 AM
I was think Snape, but then I remembered that he taught potion and it would be kinda hard to teach both classes. But seemed like he did.

I hope JK introduce us to some cool DA teacher in the last book even though Harry isn't going to school anymore.

I think that book seven will be the longest one ever. harry has a lot of catching up to do. In the last book, he could not even touch Snape. If he cannot touch Snape, how is he going to do anything to Voldemort? I think that there are going to be some tough training for him and the Order of Phoenix because as of right now, i think they can do much against the death eaters.

venicia777
December 14, 2006, 02:05 AM
I think that book seven will be the longest one ever. harry has a lot of catching up to do. In the last book, he could not even touch Snape. If he cannot touch Snape, how is he going to do anything to Voldemort? I think that there are going to be some tough training for him and the Order of Phoenix because as of right now, i think they can do much against the death eaters.

this is one of the reasons why when the question about more quidditch tournaments in the last book came up i indicated that we may not see quidditch this time.

Snape-- by all accounts is stronger than Harry. He even knows legilimens, is the half-blooded prince, death eater, etc. and yet he isnt stronger than voldermort.

sp, if Harry is going tohave any chance--- it is the old go train and fight the evil guy story that we see in martial arts movies. The strongest opponent to voldermort is gone-- it is up to Harry to live his destiny-- and that i agree-- will be the longest story yet.

kadodo
December 14, 2006, 02:12 AM
I remember in book four that Harry and Voldemort were fighting equally because their wand derived from the same phoenix. Did Voldemort change his wand? If not, how is he going to fight Harry?

venicia777
December 14, 2006, 02:25 AM
I remember in book four that Harry and Voldemort were fighting equally because their wand derived from the same phoenix. Did Voldemort change his wand? If not, how is he going to fight Harry?

Fight equally :o

Dont you remember how Harry's parents helped him escape? He had to escape in a small window otherwise that was going to be his end. And then dont you remember how Dumbledore had to help save Harry in book five-order of the phoenix in the ministry building?

equally-- i dont think so!!!

kadodo
December 14, 2006, 02:32 AM
well what I meant to say is that the wands cannot really fight against ecach other because the are brothers and sisters.

venicia777
December 14, 2006, 02:59 AM
well what I meant to say is that the wands cannot really fight against ecach other because the are brothers and sisters.

oh i see!!! A really good coincidence isnt it :p.

But i think that is partly true. Because the fact that Harry had to escape through a short window of seconds meant that it got to a point that Voldermort was winning. Maybe the stronger the wielder of sister/brother-- wand-pairs may eventually win even after a stalemate.

Time for me to go home. i leave the thread to you ;)

kadodo
December 14, 2006, 03:31 PM
Did any of you ever wonder what harry will be after he defeats Voldemort. Is he going for Quidditch, the Ministry of Magic or stick to the order of Phoenix. (Thatis If Harry doesn't die).

rhapsody blue
December 14, 2006, 03:37 PM
Did any of you ever wonder what harry will be after he defeats Voldemort. Is he going for Quidditch, the Ministry of Magic or stick to the order of Phoenix. (Thatis If Harry doesn't die).

I doubt he would want to work with the Ministry of Magic after his experiences with them. I can see him as either a Quidditch player or Hogwarts's new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.

jairdan6
December 14, 2006, 03:59 PM
i can see him as dying as a martyr. either that or he does something like turning down the minister of magic job to do i d'know teach at hogwartz, but that doesn't seem to fit either

kadodo
December 14, 2006, 06:43 PM
I doubt he would want to work with the Ministry of Magic after his experiences with them. I can see him as either a Quidditch player or Hogwarts's new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.

Wow, I never thought that he could probably teach at Hogwarts. Defeating Voldemort will definitely make him qualify for the job.

Raseru
December 14, 2006, 06:48 PM
Wow, I never thought that he could probably teach at Hogwarts. Defeating Voldemort will definitely make him qualify for the job.

Lol, yeah or he could (after defeating Voldemort) become the youngest Headmaster at Hogwarts (crackhead theory).

kadodo
December 14, 2006, 06:51 PM
Lol, yeah or he could (after defeating Voldemort) become the youngest Headmaster at Hogwarts (crackhead theory).

I think the headmaster is too big for Harry to hold. After all, he's kind of lazy when it comes to do any type of school work right? (except defense against the Dark Arts).

Pevee
December 14, 2006, 10:26 PM
I think the headmaster is too big for Harry to hold. After all, he's kind of lazy when it comes to do any type of school work right? (except defense against the Dark Arts).

true, but i still can't see him as a professor. He's the type of person who would just "do it" instead of understanding the whole theory behind stuff and all. I'm going with quidditch. but we'll never know.

jairdan6
December 17, 2006, 04:32 PM
i just heard that the release of harry potter 7 is slated to be between july 7th and july 15th of 2007. fun. do you think maybe rowling will pull a timeskip? hehe, that would certainly condense the amount of stuff she would have to write. i really can't see harry destroying that many horcruxes in the span of one year

venicia777
December 17, 2006, 04:57 PM
i just heard that the release of harry potter 7 is slated to be between july 7th and july 15th of 2007. fun. do you think maybe rowling will pull a timeskip? hehe, that would certainly condense the amount of stuff she would have to write. i really can't see harry destroying that many horcruxes in the span of one year

I know how you feel. i share your opinion. How will a young Harry get around to battling all these huge odds. I guess anything fate may play a huge role in this even if they do a time skip.

and the info on the release time has been circulating aroud. and also another that says that JKR has actually finished the last chapter :p

kadodo
December 17, 2006, 06:28 PM

I know how you feel. i share your opinion. How will a young Harry get around to battling all these huge odds. I guess anything fate may play a huge role in this even if they do a time skip.

and the info on the release time has been circulating aroud. and also another that says that JKR has actually finished the last chapter :p

Well it's true that the time skip is possible but remember book 1 was about year 1, book 2 about year 2 and so on.... Book seven might focus about year seven as being the training year for The Order of Phoenix. I think it will be a mixture of book seven and year eight.
By the way, we know that four hocruxes are destroyed so far (if I'm not mistaken). Does Harry know where the rest is?

jairdan6
December 17, 2006, 06:34 PM
Well it's true that the time skip is possible but remember book 1 was about year 1, book 2 about year 2 and so on.... Book seven might focus about year seven as being the training year for The Order of Phoenix. I think it will be a mixture of book seven and year eight.
By the way, we know that four hocruxes are destroyed so far (if I'm not mistaken). Does Harry know where the rest is?

i think there's only been 3 destroyed (the one dumbledore destroyed which i think was the ring, the locket, the diary) and no harry shouldn't already know where the rest of them are i think. but if harry just trains all year then that means the conflict is unresolved. why can't they try for a win-win solution? :-)

~Lilium~
December 17, 2006, 09:36 PM

Hey that reminded of a video a found in YouTube. It's really funny you should go and see it.

Search: OmniStrife (the guy who made it) and go to his videos and find the one 5th one that he made. I think it's titled Akatsuki- Auditions or something... It has something to do with Harry Potter trust me.

venicia777
December 17, 2006, 10:20 PM
This true. A pretty good amv too.

kadodo
December 17, 2006, 10:24 PM
I just saw it. it was not that bad, but they talked about harry potter for like two seconds. However, I still liked it.
By the way, Harry Potter is going to make a lot of money next year because it's going to be first time that both a movie and a book come out in the same month or season.

jairdan6
December 17, 2006, 10:35 PM
Harry Potter always makes a lot of money. of course when i go around in my robe wearing huge glasses and waving a stick around at people they call me "crazy" and "that man accosted me officer"

Anbu_BD2021
December 17, 2006, 11:14 PM

If it really is supposed to be coming out in july 2007 (which i doubt it is and even then it would likely be pushed back for some reason or other *cough*moneyandsuspense*cough) she had better be done with the last chapter. if i remember correctly it took her at least 2 months to edit it herself, and then to send it to the editor and get the 1000's of copies into print... thats not really much time when u think about it

kadodo
December 17, 2006, 11:19 PM
You say she takes at least two months to edit. Say she finished on December 15th. She will edit by february 15th. You don't think (on July 15th) which will be five months is enough to make millions of copies?

jairdan6
December 17, 2006, 11:25 PM
i heard she's already finished it. and i feel like she should spend some extra time editing this one since its' the last one

Anbu_BD2021
December 18, 2006, 10:48 PM
You say she takes at least two months to edit. Say she finished on December 15th. She will edit by february 15th. You don't think (on July 15th) which will be five months is enough to make millions of copies?
well considering she has to send it to an editor who will go through it all multiple times, and then get others to do the same thing and then send it for the 1st print, then probably find some flaws and go back and do it all again and then get it all out to the print and out to the public, its hard to say. and considering that this is likely the longest book yet... who knows how long it could take

DemonDays
December 19, 2006, 01:48 PM
Its gonna be a BEAST of a book this one because i feel she's got ALOT to wrap up before she can finish the story.

Pevee
December 19, 2006, 11:43 PM
Its gonna be a BEAST of a book this one because i feel she's got ALOT to wrap up before she can finish the story.

I'm having a bad feeling about this also. She would have to put so many things in there to cover everything. She can always do the time skip, but I personally think that it's wouldn't be proper.
unless she can publish a 1500+ page book. i wouldn't mind.

How many are they? Well, someone can help him...

True, he can't possibly run around and killing off death eaters and destroying the horcruxes all in one year. (I don't support the time skip idea.)

kadodo
December 20, 2006, 12:00 AM
I wouldn't like a time skip either. Seeing harry doing new spells and not how and when he learned them would kind of messup the strory. I have a feeling The Order Of Phoenix will have more members and they will be trained by a great wizzard.

jairdan6
December 20, 2006, 03:52 PM
well, learning to do spells in harry potter is much less exciting than say new jutsu in naruto. the closest thing to a training arc i've ever read in harry potter was when harry was learning to do the patronus charm. i'm actually starting to think jk rowling just won't wrap up everything in order to keep the writing focused. or maybe harry can be held back for 2-3 years. hehe

rhapsody blue
December 21, 2006, 04:26 PM
The title for book 7 is out: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.

Click here (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061221/ap_en_ce/books_potter_title_2) for more info!

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks for letting us know, snoogen0120. I wonder what those hollows will be all about.

jairdan6
December 21, 2006, 05:41 PM
maybe it has something to do with Godric Hollow, which is where he was born.

thanks snoogen!

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 05:47 PM
I'm not sure what the Godric Hollow is. Can you try to remind me?

jairdan6
December 21, 2006, 05:53 PM
it's just the name of the street where he was living as a baby before voldemort killed his parents and he was kind of talking about maybe going back there at the end of book 6 i believe

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 05:56 PM
Oh that. That's some great memory you have. I guess something will cause him to go to his parents' house. But if that's the case what will he find there.

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 06:15 PM
Maybe he'll find his old crib [br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 06:12:12 PM_________________________________________________

Maybe he'll find his old crib

and It'll bring back some memories OR it could be the location of his final showdown with voldemort

that sorta makes sense since thats where they first met

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 06:17 PM
I agree with you about it being the place for the final battle. maybe that place will cause a psychological effect or something. That's just a thought.

jairdan6
December 21, 2006, 06:30 PM
who do you think it'd have a greater psychological effect on? harry or voldemort?

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 06:42 PM
who do you think it'd have a greater psychological effect on? harry or voldemort?

good question I think It'll have a greater psychological effect on Harry.

He never really knew his parents, and the only things he knew about him were anecdotes he heard from other wizards and witches.

The thought of being in the same place where his parents were murdered and the being in the same predicment for a second time only this time his mothers love won't protect him.

It's gotta be a heavy situation

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 06:51 PM

Well it's very hard to say. For Harry he will not really remember that place since he was only one year old. However, he will be shocked to be in the place that he lost both his dad and his mom. As for Voldemort, I don't think he would like to see that place where he died for the first time.by a baby. I think he will decide that the Potter's house is where the whole family should die. I think it is the best place for Voldemort to take his revenge on harry. On the other hand, Harry could choose that place to finish off what his parents could not do.
That said, it is really a matter of opinion to say which one will be affected the most. As for my opinion, I say it's Harry.

yoniekai
December 21, 2006, 07:03 PM
rowling admitted two characters will die. now who could that be... then it could be a trick statement, coz certainly one or two villains has to die :D

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 07:05 PM
rowling admitted two characters will die. now who could that be... then it could be a trick statement, coz certainly one or two villains has to die :D

well I surely hope it's nobody in Hogwarts or in the order of phoenix. By the way, where did she admit it? Could you give me the link?

yoniekai
December 21, 2006, 07:14 PM
here, read the middle:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/2/hi/entertainment/6200745.stm[br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 07:12:53 PM_________________________________________________btw, it says here "Deathly Hallows" not "Hollows". which ones the typo?

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 07:53 PM
Well I think it's Hollow. For more info go there:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061221/ap_en_ce/books_potter_title_2[br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 07:52:34 PM_________________________________________________And thanks for the link.
I just checked, it is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Anbu_BD2021
December 21, 2006, 08:05 PM
here, read the middle:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/2/hi/entertainment/6200745.stm[br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 07:12:53 PM_________________________________________________btw, it says here "Deathly Hallows" not "Hollows". which ones the typo?
it is "Deathly Hallows" i just checked it out on the site... a real pain in the @$$ to get to too :X

LadyHatake
December 21, 2006, 08:21 PM
That title is lame >.> It sounds so commercialized and lame compared to the previous ones :sbunny

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 08:26 PM
That title is lame >.> It sounds so commercialized and lame compared to the previous ones :sbunny

I like the title myself

but the forst thing I thought when I read the title was BLEACH

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 08:28 PM
Well I agree with LadyHatake that the title does not sound that great, but it does not really matter does it? The story is what everybody is looking foward to read and they will surely want to know what hallows mean.
By the way, the author said she wrote the final chapter many years ago but added couple of scenes before reaching the final chapter. She said herself that sometimes she did not want to finish writing the book. Do you guys think, it will be a difference if the book comes out in the summer or not?[br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 08:27:59 PM_________________________________________________

I like the title myself

but the forst thing I thought when I read the title was BLEACH

Hallows made me think of Bleach too. I wonder if Hallow is a real word.

LadyHatake
December 21, 2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah, Hallow's a real word ^^ Here's the refined definition:

1. to make holy; sanctify; consecrate.
2. to honor as holy; consider sacred; venerate: to hallow a battlefield.

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 08:32 PM

I guess we'll get more battles in this next book.

Looks like it will be an all-out war against the deatheaters

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 08:34 PM

Based on the description you gave it seems that it will be used against voldemort. If hallow mean to make holy/sanctify I think it will be the main thing to finish up Voldemort. Remember Dumbledore always told Harry that love could defeat Voldemort.

otaku_4_lyfe
December 21, 2006, 08:36 PM
I think it might refer to Godric's Hollow, the place where Harry lived with his parents before they were killed. He did say in book 6 that he was going to visit it before setting off on his journey to collect the Horcruxes.

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah, i think somebody brought it up before. Maybe it will be the last battlefield.

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 08:40 PM
I think it might refer to Godric's Hollow, the place where Harry lived with his parents before they were killed. He did say in book 6 that he was going to visit it before setting off on his journey to collect the Horcruxes.

Well if Harry said that my theory is moot.

venicia777
December 21, 2006, 08:45 PM
Well if Harry said that my theory is moot.

it was a good theory nonetheless :p

what i really want to see in the next book is Snape's death. I really want to see that guy ... :guns (says a bunch of grisly expletives)

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 08:47 PM

thanks alot I appreciate it. :amuse

Also what if Voldemort left one last horcrux in Harry's old house

venicia777
December 21, 2006, 08:50 PM
thanks alot I appreciate it.

Also what if Voldemort left ne last horcrux in Harry's old house

if that happens-- i will just say-- "that smart devil". Most people would never even look there or think it will be there.
Nevertheless-- whatever happens in book 7- if snape doesnt go, i will never be satisfied. Never.

:guns Snape

otaku_4_lyfe
December 21, 2006, 08:52 PM
Snape should be strung up by his greasy, black hair and burned at the stake. Or at least Crucio-ed into insanity.

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 08:55 PM
if that happens-- i will just say-- "that smart devil". Most people would never even look there or think it will be there.
Nevertheless-- whatever happens in book 7- if snape doesnt go, i will never be satisfied. Never.

:guns Snape

I agree I hate him for killing dumbledore he rocked snape>>>>> :toilet

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 09:04 PM

what i really want to see in the next book is Snape's death. I really want to see that guy ... :guns (says a bunch of grisly expletives)

while it's true that Snape must die but we don't know what J.K. will decide to do with him. Is he a real traitor? what was he and Dumbledore talking about secretly in book 6? These are also facts that we have to consider. However, if he's a real traitor I want Harry to finish him off.

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 09:07 PM
while it's true that Snape must die but we don't know what J.K. will decide to do with him. Is he a real traitor? what was he and Dumbledore talking about secretly in book 6? These are also facts that we have to consider. However, if he's a real traitor I want Harry to finish him off.

Those are questions that will be answered in the last book, man I'm so EXCITED about it geeeez I'm gonna end up acting like a japanese schoolgirl if I don't get my hands on that book soon. I hope its 5000 pages

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 09:11 PM
Those are questions that will be answered in the last book, man I'm so EXCITED about it geeeez I'm gonna end up acting like a japanese schoolgirl if I don't get my hands on that book soon. I hope its 5000 pages

I can't wait either. When these books come out I always buy them on the first day. I wonder if they'll show what harry will decide to do after hogwarts. His career decision, his love life and Ron and hermione as well. (all that is if harry does not die).

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 09:16 PM
I can't wait either. When these books come out I always buy them on the first day. I wonder if they'll show what harry will decide to do after hogwarts. His career decision, his love life and Ron and hermione as well. (all that is if harry does not die).

oh yea don't forget about ron and hermione they can always be on the chopping block

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah, if characters are going to die, anybody could die except Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Ginny and the members of the Order orf Phoenix.

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 09:37 PM
Yeah, if characters are going to die, anybody could die except Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Ginny and the members of the Order orf Phoenix.

but don't you think BECAUSE their in the order of the pheonix it makes them more suceptable to death also friend of harry could be targeted to influence him

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 09:53 PM
Yeah, while that's true but what will the story become if they were to die? There shouldn't be too many death for the sake of the story.

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 09:56 PM
Yeah, while that's true but what will the story become if they were to die? There shouldn't be too many death for the sake of the story.

That is a very good point

but I'm pretty sure one or 2 main characters will die

also can you imagine all of hogwarts vs deatheaters *interesting*

also Iforgot and right now I'm too lazy to go and find my book but who exactly is the new headmaster

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 10:09 PM
That is a very good point

but I'm pretty sure one or 2 main characters will die

also can you imagine all of hogwarts vs deatheaters *interesting*

also Iforgot and right now I'm too lazy to go and find my book but who exactly is the new headmaster

I'm not sure but wasn't Professor McGonagall (not sure if I spelled it right) the new Headmaster in book 6?

deathshadow25
December 21, 2006, 10:16 PM
don't ask me I asked first

jairdan6
December 21, 2006, 11:25 PM
so lets assume that either harry or voldemort is going to die. since it's a children's book do we assume that voldemort dies? who else do you think will die besides voldemort (or i suppose harry, though it's a large possibility that both will die)

i'm hoping neville dies. serves him right for offering little to no comic relief in the latest installment. or was ron supposed to be the comic relief? well he wasn't that funny either. you know, the two of them can just drop-*killedbytheRonfangirls*.

on a side note: are there ron fangirls?

venicia777
December 21, 2006, 11:31 PM

Yes, i remember that bit. But to me whether he connived (which i highly doubt) with Dumbledore himself or not to do that, the sake of what he did, even if he turns on V-- eventually i would really be disappointed if at least a part of him doesnt get :sasufire destroyed into smithereens (at least not his head if he infact is a good guy).

kadodo
December 21, 2006, 11:44 PM
so lets assume that either harry or voldemort is going to die. since it's a children's book do we assume that voldemort dies? who else do you think will die besides voldemort (or i suppose harry, though it's a large possibility that both will die)

i'm hoping neville dies. serves him right for offering little to no comic relief in the latest installment. or was ron supposed to be the comic relief? well he wasn't that funny either. you know, the two of them can just drop-*killedbytheRonfangirls*.

on a side note: are there ron fangirls?

you prety harsh on neville. I think that neville will become pretty strong because he has to surpass his parents in order to take his revenge on Voldemort. When you look at it, Voldemort has messed up the life of these two particular guys, Harry and Neville. So i say he might fight Voldemort and almost beat him and Harry came to finish the job.

yoniekai
December 21, 2006, 11:54 PM
i dont think harry potter is a children's book. its for all ages. people misconcept it's for children coz the characters are kids. anyway if harry dies i think it will still for the best. to me, everything rowling plotted is perfect for the story.

and dudes, anyone got more ideas for R.A.B?

kadodo
December 22, 2006, 12:18 AM
I have no idea who is R.A.B. right now. I have a feeling it could be Peter Petergrew (but R.A.B. might be another name for him). Doesn't he have to treat Harry for letting him escape before? That's just my opinion. When R.A.B. is revealed, O don't think it will be a new character. It will be someone we know but (R.A.B.) is just another name.

yoniekai
December 22, 2006, 12:20 AM
i've talked to a lot of people, and so far the closes to RAB is Remulus ?A? Black, sirius' brother. i hope it doesnt be that dissapointing to meet him tho

rabb
December 22, 2006, 01:17 AM
Book title! yay! book seven will officail be called

*clears throat*

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"

yay!

i had a theorey about who rab was back when i first read the sixth book, but that was a while ago, so i cant remember (why do i suck with names?). my initials are rab, actaully, and no, that had nothing to do with my handle being rabb.

edit: ya... kadodo was right, i mistyped that. but all fixed an pretty now

kadodo
December 22, 2006, 01:43 AM
Book title! yay! book seven will officail be called

*clears throat*

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows"

yay!

i had a theorey about who rab was back when i first read the sixth book, but that was a while ago, so i cant remember (why do i suck with names?). my initials are rab, actaully, and no, that had nothing to do with my handle being rabb.

I think you meant to say Harry Potter and the Deathly "Hallows." And yeah it's funny that your name is rab as well.

DemonDays
December 22, 2006, 07:29 PM
Deathly Hallows. It all sounds a bit sinister.

Don't read of you dont want to know ANYTHING about the next book.
I also read that JK said two more main characters will die and that there's a possibility that Harry might as well. But she hasn't even finished writing it yet.

kadodo
December 22, 2006, 07:38 PM
Deathly Hallows. It all sounds a bit sinister.

Don't read of you dont want to know ANYTHING about the next book.
I also read that JK said two more main characters will die and that there's a possibility that Harry might as well. But she hasn't even finished writing it yet.

@DemonDays:
Hold on, she said there is a possibility Harry might die? Such thing cannot happen. Well if Harry dies he has to back to life somehow. and besides, the prophecy said that one has to die in order for the other to live. So if harry dies Voldemort will live, right?

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 22, 2006, 07:47 PM
Deathly Hallows. Does that mean Harry will become a shinigami and carry zanpakuto to replace his magic wand? :D

I dont think Harry will die. Injured, but not dead. I'm betting on Ron or one of his siblings. As for the other one, it could be another professor. :D

kadodo
December 22, 2006, 07:50 PM
Deathly Hallows. Does that mean Harry will become a shinigami and carry zanpakuto to replace his magic wand? :D

I dont think Harry will die. Injured, but not dead. I'm betting on Ron or one of his siblings. As for the other one, it could be another professor. :D

very funny stuff you saying there.
I think you're right harry cannot die. As for ron i don't want him to die either.

Pevee
December 22, 2006, 09:58 PM

lol. it would be funny to see him fight Ichigo.
I don't think Harry would die either. His death, at least before defeating Voldemort, would be very disappointing to all the fans out there (and here). [But I still can't imagine Harry actually beating Voldemort]
I'm thinking Ron or Hermione might die, they're ones of the few main characters left. Not both of them of course; that would be horrible, but it would make a good plot, doesn't it? But anyways, I don't want either of them to die, especially Hermione.

deathshadow25
December 22, 2006, 10:38 PM
lol. it would be funny to see him fight Ichigo.
I don't think Harry would die either. His death, at least before defeating Voldemort, would be very disappointing to all the fans out there (and here). [But I still can't imagine Harry actually beating Voldemort]
I'm thinking Ron or Hermione might die, they're ones of the few main characters left. Not both of them of course; that would be horrible, but it would make a good plot, doesn't it? But anyways, I don't want either of them to die, especially Hermione.

I can see harry kicking ichigo's ass lol

Harry can't die or else this whole story is just stupid good overcomes evil even in something as un-cliched as Harry Potter

Pevee
December 22, 2006, 10:50 PM
I can see harry kicking ichigo's ass lol

Harry can't die or else this whole story is just stupid good overcomes evil even in something as un-cliched as Harry Potter

I think Ichigo would win, but anyways.
Yes, Harry's death would make the whole serie quite pointless and plainly stupid.

deathshadow25
December 22, 2006, 10:58 PM
I think Ichigo would win, but anyways.
Yes, Harry's death would make the whole serie quite pointless and plainly stupid.

Oh come on Harry just needs to whisper a disamring spell and ichigo is OVER

so naturally voldemort dies and so does the bastard ron or maybe that even bigger bastard percy

Anbu_BD2021
December 22, 2006, 11:10 PM
Theres any number of spells that would take out ichigo :p

It's just as likely that harry dies in the end as it is anyone else, of course thats after vold. dies...

kadodo
December 22, 2006, 11:20 PM
If Hary dies after defeating Voldemort then the prophecy will be wrong. both of them cannot be dead. One has to die in order for the other to live.

deathshadow25
December 22, 2006, 11:34 PM
If Hary dies after defeating Voldemort then the prophecy will be wrong. both of them cannot be dead. One has to die in order for the other to live.

It could always be Neville Longbottom

kadodo
December 23, 2006, 12:20 AM
yeah you're right about that.

deathshadow25
December 23, 2006, 12:23 AM
yeah you're right about that.

I hope to get alot of that now that I'm one year older and a one year wiser

kadodo
December 23, 2006, 12:43 AM
Do you think Neville's parents will somehow recover?
Btw, Happy Birthday

deathshadow25
December 23, 2006, 12:46 AM
Do you think Neville's parents will somehow recover?
Btw, Happy Birthday

I hope so but in a realistic poit of view, no it might help drive him to defeat the deatheaters

Also do you think there is a chance that Nevillle....could die?!?! btw I'm out for 2night

and Thanks again for the birthday wishes kadodo

kadodo
December 23, 2006, 12:48 AM
If Neville dies, maybe it will be because he was the one to be in the prophecy. If he dies Voldemort will live but I think Harry will finish him off.

venicia777
December 23, 2006, 01:38 AM
neville surely has to stay alive. i am praying soo hard for that lovely bugger :p

kadodo
December 23, 2006, 01:58 AM
It seems that you are a Neville fan, Venicia 777. I too want him to become strong. As of right now, the only he;s good at is botanics. He should increase his defense against the dark magics.

DemonDays
December 23, 2006, 08:57 AM
Quoted from JK Rowling.

The author hinted that two characters are expected to die in the finale - and Harry himself might not survive.

"We are dealing with pure evil here," she said.

yoniekai
December 23, 2006, 11:17 AM
Quoted from JK Rowling.

The author hinted that two characters are expected to die in the finale - and Harry himself might not survive.

"We are dealing with pure evil here," she said.

gotta be a trick. voldemort and snape had to die. :sweat

DemonDays
December 23, 2006, 01:54 PM
gotta be a trick. voldemort and snape had to die. :sweat

I still think Snapes on the goodside actually. I believe that Dumbledore forced him to kill him. As some part a strange plan.

rabb
December 23, 2006, 02:29 PM
so you think that dumbledore is really some sort of pheonix? going to jump back in somewhere in the book?

kadodo
December 23, 2006, 03:47 PM
a phoenix, I never thought about that. That's a good possibility.

jairdan6
December 23, 2006, 06:24 PM
things pointed to dumbledore not being dead:

1. dumbledore was flung back when hit by the avada kedavra. "A jet of green light shot from the end of Snape's wand and hit Dumbledore squarely in the chest. Harry's scream of horron never left him; silent and unmoving, he was forced to watch as Dumbledore was blasted into the air"
where in previous uses the victim just dies and falls to the ground
"'Avada Kedavra,' Moody roared. There was a flash of blinding green light and a rushing sound, as though a vast, invisible, something was soaring through the air - instantaneously the spider rolled over onto its back, unmarked, but unmistakeanly dead"
" 'Avada Kedavra!' A blast of green light blazed through Harry's eyelids, and he heard something heavy fall to the ground beside him..."

no mentions of people being blasted away

2. you need to want to severely hurt someone when using an unforgivable curse. "Never used an Unforgiveable Curse before, have you, boy?" she [Bellatrix] yelled... "You need to mean them, Potter!"
this makes it so that it's possible that Snape said the curse, but didn't really want Dumbledore to die which might mean that the curse didn't kill him. furthermore he could've used a nonverbal spell that looked like the avada kedavra.

3. the body was not found and never necessarily in teh casket (too lazy to find examples)

^all bullshit speculation
[spoiler]

deathshadow25
December 23, 2006, 07:56 PM

1. dumbledore was flung back when hit by the avada kedavra. "A jet of green light shot from the end of Snape's wand and hit Dumbledore squarely in the chest. Harry's scream of horron never left him; silent and unmoving, he was forced to watch as Dumbledore was blasted into the air"
"'Avada Kedavra,' Moody roared. There was a flash of blinding green light and a rushing sound, as though a vast, invisible, something was soaring through the air - instantaneously the spider rolled over onto its back, unmarked, but unmistakeanly dead"
" 'Avada Kedavra!' A blast of green light blazed through Harry's eyelids, and he heard something heavy fall to the ground beside him..."

2. you need to want to severely hurt someone when using an unforgivable curse. "Never used an Unforgiveable Curse before, have you, boy?" she [Bellatrix] yelled... "You need to mean them, Potter!"
this makes it so that it's possible that Snape said the curse, but didn't really want Dumbledore to die which might mean that the curse didn't kill him. furthermore he could've used a nonverbal spell that looked like the avada kedavra.

3. the body was not found and never necessarily in teh casket (too lazy to find examples)

[spoiler]

Are you serious???

I'm too lazy to research this right now so I'm gonna say that I trust this info since it looks like it was researched (because you said so yourself And minus the part you were to lazy to research)

Anbu_BD2021
December 23, 2006, 10:08 PM

[spoiler]

sceptics rebutal:
1. actually it says at the end of the paragraph that he "fell slowly akcward, like a great rag doll, over the battlements and out of sight." which holds to the other times the curse was used. i dont know why she used the term "blasted into the air", but would have to guess that its since hes going over the battlements hes going to be airborne.

2. theres more than one reason for snape wanting dumbledore dead, even if hes a good guy as many suspect. all that you have to do is intend to kill the victim, not hate the victim. and i would have to say that there were enough people around experienced with what the avada kedavra curse looks like to know the difference between the true thing and an immitation, i mean you're talking about a squad of deatheaters here.

3. i have no idea where your getting that his body wasn't recovered. it specifically says that harry and hagrid find his body and harry doesnt want to leave it, its also where he discovers that the locket was no an actual horcrux and the note from RAB...

kadodo
December 23, 2006, 10:26 PM
Wether Dumbledore is dead or not, we have to consider that Snape is definitely holding something. Something that Dumbledore told him in the forest. To me that secret that Snape is keeping is going to be the missing peace to wether Dumbledore is really dead or if Snape is a real traitor. Personally I think Dumbledore is dead but he left a mission for Snape to do.

Anbu_BD2021
December 23, 2006, 10:33 PM
Wether Dumbledore is dead or not, we have to consider that Snape is definitely holding something. Something that Dumbledore told him in the forest. To me that secret that Snape is keeping is going to be the missing peace to wether Dumbledore is really dead or if Snape is a real traitor. Personally I think Dumbledore is dead but he left a mission for Snape to do.
well i have to say that if DD isn't dead, harry can never fully develop as the hero of the series. he relies too much on DD as a cruch and protection and quite frankly needs to get his hands a little dirty.

As for what snape's part in the story is, who knows. personally i doubt that hes a traitor, though all evidence points to the contrary at the moment. the real question is what will his role be in the end? and how will it help to defeat voldemort (for all we know he could have been given the task of finding horcruxes to help harry along). at the very least it should be interesting...

kadodo
December 23, 2006, 10:39 PM
well i have to say that if DD isn't dead, harry can never fully develop as the hero of the series. he relies too much on DD as a cruch and protection and quite frankly needs to get his hands a little dirty.

As for what snape's part in the story is, who knows. personally i doubt that hes a traitor, though all evidence points to the contrary at the moment. the real question is what will his role be in the end? and how will it help to defeat voldemort (for all we know he could have been given the task of finding horcruxes to help harry along). at the very least it should be interesting...

I agree with you on that. If Dumbledore is not dead then Harry will never become strong enough to beat Voldemort.

jairdan6
December 23, 2006, 10:45 PM
sceptics rebutal:
1. actually it says at the end of the paragraph that he "fell slowly akcward, like a great rag doll, over the battlements and out of sight." which holds to the other times the curse was used. i dont know why she used the term "blasted into the air", but would have to guess that its since hes going over the battlements hes going to be airborne.

2. theres more than one reason for snape wanting dumbledore dead, even if hes a good guy as many suspect. all that you have to do is intend to kill the victim, not hate the victim. and i would have to say that there were enough people around experienced with what the avada kedavra curse looks like to know the difference between the true thing and an immitation, i mean you're talking about a squad of deatheaters here.

3. i have no idea where your getting that his body wasn't recovered. it specifically says that harry and hagrid find his body and harry doesnt want to leave it, its also where he discovers that the locket was no an actual horcrux and the note from RAB...

1. if you fall like a rag doll then you shouldn't be "blasted into the air" right? the definition of "blasted" and "fell" are different. i don't think jk rowling would simply throw in the words blasted into air for no apparent reason. actually the spell most resembles expelliarmus.

"Both of them swung their wands above their heads and pointed them at their opponent; Snape cried: "Expelliarmus!" There was a dazzling flash of scarlet light and Lockhart was blasted off his feet: He flew backward off the stage, smashed into the wall, and slid down it to sprawl on the floor"

"Harry made up his mind in a split second. Before Snape could take even one step toward him, he had raised his wand. "Expelliarmus!" he yelled -- except that his wasn't the only voice that shouted. There was a blast that made the door rattle on its hinges; Snape was lifted off his feet and slammed into the wall, then slid down it to the floor, a trickle of blood oozing from under his hair. He had been knocked out. Harry looked around. Both Ron and Hermione had tried to disarm Snape at exactly the same moment"

both these instances of expelliarmus show that the person is lifted from their feet, and blasted through the air. but expelliarmus is red as opposed to the green color of avada kedavra and when expelliarmus was used on dumbledore it only sent his wand flying out of his hand.

2. i said that there's a slight possibility that snape did not intend to kill the victim, not that he didn't hate the victim

this makes it so that it's possible that Snape said the curse, but didn't really want Dumbledore to die which might mean that the curse didn't kill him.

3. meant to say the body is not seen after that moment because it's covered up. then at the funeral the body bursts into flames by itself, but that might be because it's charmed to do so? "White smoke spiraled into the air and made strange shapes: Harry thought, for one heart-stopping moment, that he saw a phoenix fly joyfully into the blue, but next second the fire had vanished." maybe it was fawkes or another phoenix in the coffin?

once again. ^all bullshit. it'd be so corny if dumbledore is alive

rabb
December 24, 2006, 01:23 AM
yay! i inspired some healthy debating!

it certainly seems like he is still alive... you think he made a body like kabuto would to fake his death? im not sure how id feel about him being alive. like .... someone said, harry needs him to die in order to grow... if he does survive, dumbledore better die for good in book 7.

kadodo
December 24, 2006, 01:38 AM
If Dumbledore was not dead in book 6, so I say like rabb said he will definitely die in book 7. He will probably die in the middle or early in the book because his death almost at the end will not really make Harry strong.

Anbu_BD2021
December 24, 2006, 01:56 AM
If hes not dead yet, i have lost all faith in JK as a writer, cause she cried when she wrote that passage lol, meaning that if she brought him back she didnt know it at the time or why bother crying. actually i wonder if thats 1 of the debunked rumors or not yet, cause if it is then this debate is useless haha.

edit: it HAS actually been debunked by said author, below is a list of other bunked theories.
http://www.mugglenet.com/books/futurebooks/book7/rumors.shtml

jairdan6
December 24, 2006, 12:24 PM
alrighty then. thanks for that, now i can stop wondering. i was SURE crookshanks was an animagus -_-'

Pevee
December 24, 2006, 12:36 PM
Dumbledore has to die sometime or another so that Harry can start growing up and being independent. He has to stop being a cry baby who always runs to Dumbledore about everything.
The theory of Dumbledore being in hiding is very possible but not very plausible. Yes, he could have had someone from the Order helped him escape the castle and find a hiding place, but JK would simply never write that kind of stuff. It ruins the whole book. You can't just "kill" a guy and decide to bring him back to life simply he is one of the main characters who is really good. To me, it sounds like the author is uncertain about his/her decision to kill the guy in the first place. Besides, I don't see the purpose of Dumbledore surviving. Yes, he would be able to help Harry out, but that would make Harry's adventure way to easy and straight-forward. There's more chance of Harry's growth without Dumbledore around.

alrighty then. thanks for that, now i can stop wondering. i was SURE crookshanks was an animagus -_-'

Crookshank, Hermione's cat? That idea never stuck me at all. Why did you think so?

jairdan6
December 24, 2006, 12:43 PM
actually i was kidding, poking fun at the crookshanks is an animagus rumor that i so recently found on the website Anbu_BD2021 supplied

Pevee
December 24, 2006, 12:53 PM
actually i was kidding, poking fun at the crookshanks is an animagus rumor that i so recently found on the website Anbu_BD2021 supplied

Oh. I still wonder how people can come up with that!?

Leen
December 25, 2006, 03:24 AM
Anyone knows about this already?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061221/ap_en_ce/books_potter_title_2

I got it from yahoo.

rabb
December 25, 2006, 01:54 PM
yeah, i announced it here and on the books thread a few pages ago. but there was a big thing about whiether its hallow, or hollow. i think they said the officail site says hallow

Leen
December 25, 2006, 02:35 PM
Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. >.< I didn't jump queues to buy Harry Potter books nor did I speed to the cinema to grab a seat for the premier of the movie. To cut the story short, I'm just not an avid reader/watcher, so pardon my ignorance. I do enjoy reading the books though. However, I think they kill off Black too early. >.> I like that character.

kadodo
December 25, 2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah I think Black was killed too early too. I hope that Harry could finish up Bellatrix in the last book.

deathshadow25
December 27, 2006, 09:14 PM
Yeah I think Black was killed too early too. I hope that Harry could finish up Bellatrix in the last book.

I actually want someone else to finish up Bellatrix like Hermione or Ginnie

jairdan6
December 27, 2006, 10:49 PM
i actually want bellatrix to meet her demise in a car accident. let see her crucio a car

kadodo
December 28, 2006, 04:45 PM
I actually want someone else to finish up Bellatrix like Hermione or Ginnie

You probably right. If The Order of Phoenix is going to become strong Hermione or Ginny might be the ones to finish the job. Harry might become too strong.

deathshadow25
December 29, 2006, 01:28 AM
You probably right. If The Order of Phoenix is going to become strong Hermione or Ginny might be the ones to finish the job. Harry might become too strong.

OMG are you gonna watch the 5th movie

Orosuke
December 29, 2006, 05:21 PM
Im not. The books are more than enough. Btw you guys heard that the title for Book 7 is out? If you heard it thats cool but its going to be called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows or something. I cant remember exactly. It was on the HP official site.

jairdan6
December 29, 2006, 05:30 PM
yeah we all know. it's on the previous pages.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 29, 2006, 05:33 PM
:D

Im not. The books are more than enough. Btw you guys heard that the title for Book 7 is out? If you heard it thats cool but its going to be called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows or something. I cant remember exactly. It was on the HP official site.Yes we have, RyuXenon. If you check several pages before this one, the 7th HP book's title has been posted.
Deathly Hollows :D

LadyHatake
December 29, 2006, 05:46 PM
Meh, I still am disappointed in the title of the 7th book. Has no where as much punch and intrigue as the previous titles.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 29, 2006, 05:55 PM
Well, the title might be less "grand" than the previous books. But there's that "who's gonna die" thing that makes it interesting :D

John M.D.
December 29, 2006, 06:04 PM
Yes indeed... the title is much much less intriguing than the previous ones but considering the excitement and the loose ends that had to tied up in book 7, I think that "Deathly Hallows" is good enough... :amuse

Orosuke
December 29, 2006, 06:13 PM
I disagree. I think the title is awesome, I remember a King Arthur story about him fighting these Hollows/Hallows and retrieving items, maybe like Harry going around getting the Horcruxes?

DemonDays
December 29, 2006, 07:44 PM
Just so people know, its definetly 'Hallows'.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 29, 2006, 08:25 PM
Just so people know, its definetly 'Hallows'.
I know, but wouldn't it be cool if there's an easter egg scene in the extended dvd where Harry, Ron and Hermione is being chased by a bunch of hollows? :D

LadyHatake
December 29, 2006, 09:19 PM
XDD

Harry: Expelliarmus!

*nothing happens*

Grimmjow: o.O

Fuck you.

*kills Harry*

Oh, that'd be sweet.

I wonder if any stores will screw up this year (like every other) and sell the book early.

Xophien
December 29, 2006, 09:23 PM
I know, but wouldn't it be cool if there's an easter egg scene in the extended dvd where Harry, Ron and Hermione is being chased by a bunch of hollows? :D

Alright, then who do you think will be playing Don Kanonji ? :D

BTW I don't mind the title, but I fear how weird it will sound when it'll be translated in french :sweat

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 29, 2006, 09:31 PM
Alright, then who do you think will be playing Don Kanonji ? :D

BTW I don't mind the title, but I fear how weird it will sound when it'll be translated in french :sweat
Hmm... let's see. They cast Gary Oldman as Sirius Black. For Don Kanonji i think they could cast The Rock. Bwahahahahaha!!![br]Posted on: December 29, 2006, 09:30:29 AM_________________________________________________Anyway, aren't we off topic?
To get this thread back on track. Will there be any new spell(s) introduced in the final book?

Orosuke
December 30, 2006, 04:04 AM
I would like to see a new version of sectum sempra? I think? the sword slashing one...

kadodo
December 30, 2006, 06:29 AM
I would like to see some new spell as well. I wonder if Harry could come up with one. That is if he can.

Orosuke
December 30, 2006, 12:51 PM
Harry creating his own spell would definitely be awesome. All the great wizards have created their own spells. If Harry could make his own it would be cool!!! It shouldnt be something crazy powerful, just a spell that could serve some use to him.
Lets talk about the horcruxes :P
Where are they? Which will he find first? How will he find them? WHAT IF HE CANT FIND THEM :O

jairdan6
December 30, 2006, 02:38 PM
where does it say all great wizards have created their own spells?

Orosuke
December 30, 2006, 05:10 PM
Didn't Voldemort create his own spells? and Dumbledore? I'm sure they have... And I consider them great wizards...

kadodo
January 01, 2007, 07:49 PM
If Harry creates a new spell I hope that it is powerful enough to fight against Voldemort. I would like him to become an Animagus as well.

DemonDays
January 01, 2007, 08:41 PM
If Harry creates a new spell I hope that it is powerful enough to fight against Voldemort. I would like him to become an Animagus as well.

That would be cool, i wonder what animal he would be?

kadodo
January 01, 2007, 08:43 PM
I don't know what animal it could be but in book three I think we found out his dad was one right? I'm not sure if I'm right but I don't remember what animal it was.

DemonDays
January 02, 2007, 06:18 AM
I don't know what animal it could be but in book three I think we found out his dad was one right? I'm not sure if I'm right but I don't remember what animal it was.

Yeah he dad was some sort of stag.
Its also the shape that one of Harrys spells takes. Completely forgotten the name of it, but its the one that repels Dementors.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 02, 2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah he dad was some sort of stag.
Its also the shape that one of Harrys spells takes. Completely forgotten the name of it, but its the one that repels Dementors.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but i think that spell is "Expecto Patronum". It's an advanced patronus spell. :D

DemonDays
January 02, 2007, 02:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but i think that spell is "Expecto Patronum". It's an advanced patronus spell. :D

Thats the one XD

kadodo
January 02, 2007, 02:26 PM
Do you guys think the Deathly Hallows will be similar to the Dementors?

DemonDays
January 02, 2007, 02:34 PM
Hallows means Holy...or something like that..so i think it has something to do with all the dead people.

kadodo
January 02, 2007, 02:35 PM
If you say it has something to do with dead people, you think Harry's parents will be involved somehow?

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 02, 2007, 02:38 PM
They could be, or at least Voldemort will use a spell to make Harry think his parents are one of the Deathly HollowsHallows :D

kadodo
January 02, 2007, 02:49 PM
Maybe, but we still don't know if the deathly hallows are on the good or bad side. Nobody thinks it could be on the good side?
Also, I want to see how Peter Petergrew is going to help Harry.

DemonDays
January 02, 2007, 02:58 PM
If you say it has something to do with dead people, you think Harry's parents will be involved somehow?

Probably..but i definitely think we haven't seen the last of Sirius and Dumbledore.

kadodo
January 02, 2007, 03:03 PM
There is a good possibility that they will be involved. I'm pretty sure that even though they are dead there will be some sort of flashback on them.

rhapsody blue
January 02, 2007, 07:07 PM
Also, I want to see how Peter Petergrew is going to help Harry.

I'm curious too especially since Peter is in debt to Harry for saving his life. I'm guessing that he will kill Voldemort in a kamikaze effort. I don't think Harry can kill Voldemort because he's too kind to do such a deed but Peter has shown that he is capable of doing such a thing. Besides, he has to redeem himself for his past sins so what better way to do it than by saving the life of the son whose parents' deaths are the results of his betrayal?

kadodo
January 02, 2007, 07:14 PM
Well I think Peter Petergrew is going to help Harry but I don't think he's going to be able to kill Voldemort. Remember Voldemort knows when anybody is lying to him. It's possible that Peter does not think about saving Harry right now but when he does Voldemort will realize and he might not be able to kill him.

Pevee
January 04, 2007, 11:13 AM
Well I think Peter Petergrew is going to help Harry but I don't think he's going to be able to kill Voldemort. Remember Voldemort knows when anybody is lying to him. It's possible that Peter does not think about saving Harry right now but when he does Voldemort will realize and he might not be able to kill him.

Indeed, Petergrew will definitely help Harry out in some way, but I doubt if he would kill Voldemort for Harry.

Maybe, but we still don't know if the deathly hallows are on the good or bad side. Nobody thinks it could be on the good side?

Well, right now at least, I'm thinking of the ironic/oxymoron title to be pretty dire and foreboding. Also, "hallow" as a noun? Is it something like reverence/respect? But regardless, most things labelled as "deathly" are doomed to be bad.

Anbu_BD2021
January 04, 2007, 01:40 PM
Well, right now at least, I'm thinking of the ironic/oxymoron title to be pretty dire and foreboding. Also, "hallow" as a noun? Is it something like reverence/respect? But regardless, most things labelled as "deathly" are doomed to be bad.

anyone think it could just be relating to the cemetary from book 4? that is "hallowed" ground and theres been at least 1 death there already...

kadodo
January 04, 2007, 01:57 PM
anyone think it could just be relating to the cemetary from book 4? that is "hallowed" ground and theres been at least 1 death there already...

you probably right maybe the one of the hocruxes is situated there.

Pevee
January 05, 2007, 01:22 AM

I've never thought of that actually. It's very likely. that's the only explanation that makes sense in my mind so far.

you probably right maybe the one of the hocruxes is situated there.

very probable. but i think there would be more than just the hocruxes, Harry might even fight Voldemort there. if the place is in the title than it's probably pretty significant.

kadodo
January 07, 2007, 01:43 AM
what I want to see the most is how everybody in Hogwarts is going to react. Will the parents still be sure enough to send their kids in the school since Dumbledore is dead? Will Harry go to classes?

DemonDays
January 07, 2007, 10:07 AM
what I want to see the most is how everybody in Hogwarts is going to react. Will the parents still be sure enough to send their kids in the school since Dumbledore is dead? Will Harry go to classes?

Didnt Harry say at the end of the last book that he wasnt going to be returning to Hogwarts?

Pevee
January 07, 2007, 12:45 PM
Didnt Harry say at the end of the last book that he wasnt going to be returning to Hogwarts?

Yes, he did say that he won't go back to Hogwart, but I still doubt it. He won't go to classes, but he'll probably show up at the school's ground to stay in contact with other people.
We've already discussed this somewhere in this thread and I think we've reached the (somewhat) consensus that he won't be going to his classes.

One thing for sure, I wouldn't send my kids there (if I even have one). There're just too many mishaps at that school, with too many students and profs dead. No one with a sane mind would go there anymore.
Also, everyone would probably blame things on Harry (again) since it's associated with deatheaters and Voldemort; people just need a scapegoat, and Harry's the one.

kadodo
January 07, 2007, 02:36 PM
Also, everyone would probably blame things on Harry (again) since it's associated with deatheaters and Voldemort; people just need a scapegoat, and Harry's the one.

You probably right, they will think that Voldemort or the Deatheaters caused trouble to the school five to six times since Harry was there and now Harry caused the death of Dumbledore. There is a good chance that might happen but i don't think JK will put it like that.

One other thing I thought about was who is going to be the next prof against the dark arts. Based On JK's style we know that evert teacher for this subject is always a new character (except in book 6). Personally, I still want a new character but I will rather to have a girl this time.

By the way, anybody remembers who was the teacher against the dark arts in book 5? Or was there no teacher? I can't seem to remember

rhapsody blue
January 07, 2007, 07:33 PM
By the way, anybody remembers who was the teacher against the dark arts in book 5? Or was there no teacher? I can't seem to remember

It was Umbridge. God I hated her; she made Harry and his friends so miserable so I was glad when she got her just desserts.

Anbu_BD2021
January 07, 2007, 07:39 PM
It was Umbridge. God I hated her; she made Harry and his friends so miserable so I was glad when she got her just desserts.
come on now, she wasnt all bad, at least she gave them some backbone before she got dethrowned and humiliated thoroughly.

Pevee
January 07, 2007, 09:54 PM

Gosh, talking about that women! Hated her probably more than I hate Voldemort. I wished I could walk up to her and cake her!

kadodo
January 07, 2007, 10:04 PM
anybody ever thought Harry and Rosley Malfoy will become friends?

Pevee
January 07, 2007, 10:20 PM
Rosley, the news lady?? If that's her, then NO WAY!!

kadodo
January 07, 2007, 10:39 PM
I don't know what I was thinking I meant to say Malfoy.

rhapsody blue
January 07, 2007, 10:58 PM
anybody ever thought Harry and Rosley Malfoy will become friends?

If they survive, maybe. Malfoy does seem redeemable especially in the last book.

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 04:56 PM
I hate any Malfoy and I hate Umbridge I also hate Snape I hate it when people think he's actually good...Dumbledore was my favorite until that bastard smited him.

*wonders* maybe dumbledore is still alive *wonders*

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 05:01 PM
@deathshadow If Dumbledore was your favorite and if he'd dead who's your favorite now?
I don't know if I asked this before but do you guys think Neville's parents will be involved somehow?

deathshadow25
January 08, 2007, 05:22 PM
love the new sig and avatar kadodo

my new favorite would have to be fleur she is gonna marry bill even though he's all deformed now

but seriously it's gonna have to me McGonagall she's a feisty ole bird

kadodo
January 08, 2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks I love that sig a lot too.
So your new favorite is Mcgonagall? I wonder if she'll make a good principal.
Also what weird animal will Hagrid introduce us to this time? MAybe he'll show us the DeathHallows.