PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 215 Discussion/ 216 Predictions

ghostexiled
December 04, 2010, 05:13 PM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current chapter here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/215/)

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/88559921/1

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

Unlucky Boy
December 18, 2010, 09:16 AM
215 is out
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/88559921/1

ghostexiled
December 18, 2010, 09:30 AM
SO GLAD THAT THE FAIRY LAW DEBATE CAN REST NOW!! :D

This arc is getting better and better!

I really can't see how Fairy Tail will survive this battle... they are waaaaaaaaay outnumbered and to top that off we have Makrov having to face off against his previous master.

I knew the minute everyone was whining about "Why doesn't Makrov just use Fairy Law?" that the answer would be, because the enemy had a counter for it.

This also explains how GH knew where the island was...

side note... did you guys notice Urtear blushing when talking about meeting Zeref?

meepers4982
December 18, 2010, 09:30 AM
amazing chapter! ahhh did NOT expect hades to be a former fairytail master, that would explain how they knew about the whereabouts of the island. Maybe that means zeref really isnt that bad. I dont think a former fairytail master could be 'evil'. ahhh i cant wait until the next chapter.

Draco1988
December 18, 2010, 09:31 AM
That explained how Grimoir Heart found their way to the island.

and so Markarov is 76 already?

88yrs. old actually. ~Ghost

ca12nag3
December 18, 2010, 09:45 AM
Why am i thinking bout Saruman and Gandalf here? :D

Newkerzy
December 18, 2010, 09:51 AM
OMG, Mashima just keeps getting even more and more epic!!! Hades is the previous master!!?? Just how old is he!!?? did he find some way to become immortal or what!!??

This arc is definitely going to be the best arc of FT!!!

xErzaScarlet
December 18, 2010, 09:54 AM
WTF ? This is so strange . I never expected Hades to be the EX-Master .
Makarov is already so old . Hades is the ex-master... He should be older ...
One hundred ? Lol .
Anyway .
This is getting interesting omg .!!!

chess4
December 18, 2010, 10:01 AM
great chapter...............fairy tail is out gunned in every possible way. all the real power houses are on the island except for gildartz`

Ero-Sanji
December 18, 2010, 10:01 AM
Epic!

This is by far the most interesting scenario in Fairy tail history. All in all not much happened but Makarov's teacher/master being alive and even turned evil is just too much for me right now.

As many predicted I think Fairy tail is going down. Makarov has a huge disadvantage facing of against his master, the man who taught him everything. Psychologically and by experience Makarov is screwed.

Caprico's power was also not as I had expected. I thought of Earth or stone magic before this bubble technique. Aw, well we'll just have to wait and see.

Also as Ghost exiled mentioned what's up with Urtears blush? I'm still sensing some sort of mental disturbance from her, I'm sure she's become obsessed with him.

Unlucky Boy
December 18, 2010, 10:20 AM
I know Ul and Zeref didnt even live on same time but look how similar Ultear and Zeref look. Maybe he is her mysterious dad? Maybe that's how she knows a forgotten kind of magic?
I wonder if she really said "now we can finally meet you" or it should had been "now I can finally meet you".

And about Zeref, he mentions "another war", so I guess he really is connected to the war that lead to the Nirvana events.

The masters of FT reminds me of the rave masters very much.

MyuuMyuu
December 18, 2010, 10:20 AM
Great chapter! hopes we are going to see alot of kickass fight from now on!
i really really REALLY hope that Gray is going to fight Ultear ..
also i hope we will se more action from Lucy soon.. i mean, she is one of the main characters.. she will probably go fight against that girl from GH ..

Fê - forever alone
December 18, 2010, 10:28 AM
So, that smile was from someone who recognized Makarov, my "surprise " - that was not great - is only because Hades was the second master. Interesting, very interesting. Does Maka stand a chance against his own master? GL and FL are equivalent in terms of strength, what about the rest? And d*** how old is Hades?????

Urtear, if not for her, half of GH had gone to the bag. And what is that? Is she excited to find Zeref? Or is it only my impure eyes???!!Lol.

What kind of magic does Capricou se? It seemed quite useful, at least.

Anyway, I can't help but to be excited. Every chapter makes me longing more and more for the other.

And about Zeref, he mentions "another war", so I guess he really is connected to the war that lead to the Nirvana events.

I think so. There are many conections here, they could be not directly connected, but I guess we shouldn't discard any kind of relation that links them. It's too suspicious, and if we pay attention, each arc - so far - is linked together, like some kind of chain events. And I just love that, lol.

tobeulp
December 18, 2010, 10:41 AM
Holy Sh!t this chapter was in the last page... I am confident that I had predicted that it will be a duel between Makarov vs Hades and the others will charge in to Fairy Tail island.. And Makarov using Fairy Law and Hades had a Grimoire Law but I don't expect the last page that Hades is the former Fairy Tail Master... Simply Great
Fairy Tail should replace Naruto or Bleach in the Big 3 IMO specially Naruto with the Edo Tensei bug ^^

Ero-Sanji
December 18, 2010, 11:19 AM
Does anybody remember a certain event that did occur in the last 40-50 years ago besides the disappearance of the dragons and the death of Lucy's mother? I mean what could possibly have made Purehito into Hades? Nirvana is no longer so that's out of the question. Oh, and also doesn't hito translate into man/soul? which means that he's name was pure-man/soul.

I also thought a little about the circumstances two masters are fighting on the sacred ground of another, I'm starting to think that Mavis will have a say about that. I guess this arc is truly an arc with the intentions of show us the origin of the guild

kkck
December 18, 2010, 11:23 AM
Just how old is hades lol? I was under the impression fairy tail was quite old to saw the least and hades was already an old man 50 years ago.... How did he manage this? This is certainly a mage of makarov's caliber though. Wonder if hades uses the same titan magic as makarov though, it would be interesting to see that. I think this chapter also shows how much stronger makarov is when compared to erza too. Makarov tanked through jupiter with marginal damage, erza was trashed by it... Makrov is one strong fuck to say the least. I do think hades is about as evil (or at the very least misguided) as you get. Hade grimmoire heart law had that same color and feel to it as the magic used by other sick, evil and twisted guys (jose, zero, manipulated gerard).

Razh
December 18, 2010, 11:27 AM
Damn, after wondering how GH could have known about FT secret for these last several chapters, Mashima manages to induce a HOLY SHIT! reaction once again.

The first page of the fucking chapter made me believe that the former master was the guy Erza met on that island when she was a kid. Even Hades using Grimoire Law wasn't much, because he might have made his own variation, but then, when you see Makarov's face, holy shit.

I guess Hades didn't just go on a trip and became evil. He was bad when he left, judging from his smile.

BlackHair
December 18, 2010, 11:52 AM
This chapter nailed easily this weeks shounen. That's some sick twist going on there. I never could have seen this coming. Also as many asked before; how old is that guy? lols.

But Im happy regarding Macarov. All his talk to Mavis in the previous chapter made me believe that he is going to kick the bucket. However after reading this chapter, it was clear that it was just meant to make Hades revelation to be more shocking. I don't see Macarov dying anymore.

Natsu's reaction was hell funny also Ultear lost magic is some sick shit.

Anyway, Hades 'nd Macarov will probably fight it out until the situation on the island is cleared. Either they will get Zeref and retreat (which is more likely in my eyes) or right before getting their ass kicked Gildarts and those two other will come back and save the day.

pestrofa
December 18, 2010, 11:58 AM
i agree with blackhair ,i dont think makarov will die.its gonna be something like ' the stident will overcome the teacher'...

Jorge D. Dragon
December 18, 2010, 12:03 PM
It was really great chapter! Fairy Tail is the best in this week Shounen Jump for sure. As everyone has already stated, I didn't see this twist coming. We got really great explanation on how GH managed to find FT's sacred island. It was great to see the revelation of Hades being the Second FT master and was great to see Makarov 48 years ago.:)
We did see that Makarov is strong as hell and I hope he won't be broken emotionally that easily, cause he has to protect his guild, his children. I hope we'll see a decent fight or at least more of revelations.
Also I hope we'll see some good fight from FT mages.:) Though I can't believe they can win. GH will probably take Zeref with them.

Fê - forever alone
December 18, 2010, 12:14 PM
Guys, have anyone noticed what Hades says on first page?

Hades : You love your allies, and you're a human capable of believing.

You'll surely make this guild into a good one.

What the hell did he mean by that? Was FT a dark guild back then? Or was he - Hades - already corrupted by darkness?

If we remember, maybe that's why Poliushka hate humans and secluded herself on the forest.

That makes me wonder, really does.

Evil3ye
December 18, 2010, 12:17 PM
Nice chapter. Justs how old can the people get in this manga :darn

Am looking forward to see the fight combo of Lluvia-Ezra and the sisters Mira and uhm little sister.

Also am wondering how yabbahead will face and what kind of magic he's using.

Was bit odd though, that Loki didn't recognize Caprio... or was he too far away? Hmm..

Gats
December 18, 2010, 12:29 PM
What is the meaning of "x 736" at the first page ?

Fê - forever alone
December 18, 2010, 12:30 PM
What is the meaning of "x 736" at the first page?
---

It's the date when that happened.

Xenos3421
December 18, 2010, 12:39 PM
^ Its the year!

wait... what year is it supose to be.. cuz the whole 777 7 7 thing happened 7 years ago?? or am i just just forgeting the first 100 chapters? huh..

no no i loved this damn chapter Hiro has a way of jumpstarting the action and changing shit up every 10 chapters that makes greaaaat storytelling.

good pacing. O and speaking of pacing WTF!!! Hades is the 2nd master?!? AAAND has a dark version of Fairy Law.

Wow.

this is gonna be crazy awesome and most likely a tear jerker.

ExRachel
December 18, 2010, 12:42 PM
I knew from the beginning that Hades was the 2nd master because of the hair in the beginning.. I thought to myself.. Why else would there be a beginning like that? I hope Ultear and Gray fight, Probably Ultear will make a fair game and use ice.

Razh
December 18, 2010, 12:49 PM
Guys, have anyone noticed what Hades says on first page?

Hades : You love your allies, and you're a human capable of believing.

You'll surely make this guild into a good one.

What the hell did he mean by that? Was FT a dark guild back then? Or was he - Hades - already corrupted by darkness?

If we remember, maybe that's why Poliushka hate humans and secluded herself on the forest.

That makes me wonder, really does.

The guild probably wasn't that well known at that time. Don't look for hidden meaning. Do you think Makarov would have anything to do with a dark guild?

I'm thinking that Hades was up to something ever since he found out about Tenrou island secret, then he waited for something to happen, or maybe for his guild members to become strong enough to take care of themselves, and then he left them.

Maybe he even loved the guild in some way and decided to go dark side on his own because of it. Too early for speculations now, in any case.

kuroSaki_Ichi
December 18, 2010, 12:50 PM
i'm a bit confused, so hades is the first or second master of fairy tail?
on the last page it says he is second, but the spread makarov said he was he 2nd one..

hongoasdf
December 18, 2010, 12:53 PM
^ Its the year!

wait... what year is it supose to be.. cuz the whole 777 7 7 thing happened 7 years ago?? or am i just just forgeting the first 100 chapters? huh..

Yes. The current year is X784, 7 year after the dissappearance of the Dragons and the "death" of Lucy's mother on X777.

The numbers displayed match up. Makarov was 40 years old back in X736, as he is 88/89 now.

Hades' age shouldn't be that surprising. I mean, Zeref is alive, and he has been for the past 400 years or so. And he still looks young.

Speaking of timelines, also interesting to note that Layla was born in X748 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v09/c068/16.html), which means she "died" when she was 29 years old. Lucy is currently 17 (Maybe 18, if we take into account the time that has passed throughout the series), which means Lucy's mother "died" when Lucy was 10. Also worth noticing that Lucy was born when Layla was 19. Quite young.

Irrelevant to the current events, but just a little bit of extra information.

Fê - forever alone
December 18, 2010, 12:56 PM
The guild probably wasn't that well known at that time. Don't look for hidden meaning. Do you think Makarov would have anything to do with a dark guild?
---

I'm not saying that FT was an evil one, but could be a dark guild under Hades/Purehito orders, it doesn't mean Makarov was wicked or something, though he does look like he was something similar to Luxus, but not an evil guy.

Anyway, I just had the thought that maybe FT has it's own darkness/secrets hidden in the past.

Just exercising my mind, don't worry about it, lol.
---

on the last page it says he is second, but the spread makarov said he was he 2nd one..
---

It's said Mavis gave the roll to Hades, then he gave it to Makarov. So, Makarov is the third.

hongoasdf
December 18, 2010, 01:00 PM
Anyway, I just had the thought that maybe FT has it's own darkness/secrets hidden in the past.

Just exercising my mind, don't worry about it, lol.

Why, of course. I doubt Zeref's "sealed body" would be on FT's Holy Island by a mere coincidence. There is a purpose for him being there.

kamakazi_1996
December 18, 2010, 01:16 PM
Overall this chapter was very good, i LMAO when natsu discovered mest was one of the council :) *pat* *pat* "nice coat" :D i gasped when i saw that the second master was the master of grimiore heart, just what kind of guild was fairy tail in the past is it possible that the guild was once a dark one, i can already tell that the makarov vs hades battle with be incredible

btw is it just me or does natsu's black muffler suit him better than his old one, i wonder if it will be permanently black i think some characters need some clothes adjustment, except gray he wears no clothes at all :D

Sollum
December 18, 2010, 01:22 PM
This chapter was like a sip of fresh air to me! This turn of events was so unexpected and shocking!

What's next, Zeref being a founder of Grimmoire Hearth? No, Makarov's change of hearth!

Mashiro_Luna
December 18, 2010, 01:22 PM
Wow i didn't think Mashima could do a WTF twist but there it is. I think that Fairy Tail (or at least Makarov) have no chance of winning now even if Gildartz returns.

I think that Hades must be about 130 right now assuming he was around 80 when he left, that is a hell of a long time to gather magic and information. Also I think Makarov should've been suspicious of Purehito back all that time ago, no good guy wears an eyepatch.

Caprico's power was pretty useful, wonder what offensive magic he uses. And as always Natsu doesn't fail to entertain.

llamapie
December 18, 2010, 01:23 PM

The 2nd. The first master is entombed on that Island.
I have a hunch that his soul will intervene seeing his 2 masters fight.

Zoro #1
December 18, 2010, 01:43 PM
Didn't see that coming
the second master of FT is now evil, maybe he is holding a part of zerf(evil part) and is trying to reunite them.

Ero-Sanji
December 18, 2010, 01:43 PM
Hades' age shouldn't be that surprising. I mean, Zeref is alive, and he has been for the past 400 years or so. And he still looks young.

Yeah but the difference is that Zeref is potrayed as a young boy meaning that Magic is behind his old age. Hades is just too old biologically. I mean he looked like 70-90 at the time he left and should be 110-130. But I shouldn't jump the gun since he could have used magic as well.

Zoro #1
December 18, 2010, 01:44 PM

So does this mean fairy law was actually created by hades or the 1st master of FT and the tech. is passed down the line to the next master.

llamapie
December 18, 2010, 01:50 PM
So does this mean fairy law was actually created by hades or the 1st master of FT and the tech. is passed down the line to the next master.

Ya my guess is that it was created by the original FT master, who we are yet to learn about. Anyways this arc is sure to fill in some back story. Excited!

Kravmaga
December 18, 2010, 02:05 PM

I thought of the same when I saw the next chapter's title.
Realistically now, this is just about the only way to reach the most shounen scenario of having a bunch of fair-ish match-ups unless zeref takes out half of GH's army and conveniently leaves out the 7 kin.

I'm also crossing my fingers for a big wave of reinforcements on FT's side with a few heavyweights and maybe possibly Luxus and makarov doing a two-man fairy law to overpower hades. =P

ExRachel
December 18, 2010, 02:09 PM
I
I'm also crossing my fingers for a big wave of reinforcements on FT's side with a few heavyweights and maybe possibly Luxus and makarov doing a two-man fairy law to overpower hades. =P

How? Laxus isn't even there. Unless he's somehow spying on Makarov along his journeys. I would believe you if theres somehow a clue.

Krono
December 18, 2010, 02:22 PM
I knew the minute everyone was whining about "Why doesn't Makrov just use Fairy Law?" that the answer would be, because the enemy had a counter for it.

Technically speaking it's not so much they had a counter for it, as they had it as well. If Makarov released FL after seeing who Hades was, it would have wiped out GH, but not Hades. Then Hades would release GL, and FT probably minus Makarov would be wiped out. In other words rather than "You've got nukes? Well I can shoot them down!" it's "You've got nukes? Well I've got nukes as well!"

Probably works out better this way as rather than get nerfed by being blocked, FL maintains it's uberness, but is also kept from being used.

side note... did you guys notice Urtear blushing when talking about meeting Zeref?

Yep. Personally I've been pairing them up mentally since we found out Zeref was still alive. Finding out that Zeref was a young looking guy with an appearance of someone the same age as Gerard or Urtear only strengthened that.

Kravmaga
December 18, 2010, 02:38 PM
How? Laxus isn't even there. Unless he's somehow spying on Makarov along his journeys. I would believe you if theres somehow a clue.

No no, I wasn't asserting anything and totally pulled that out of nowhere but that said, there were hints that he'd come back from fried mentioning him after going down to lucy and kana and the foreshadowing from that parade scene when luxus left the guild...

Besides, he had been a S-class mage for a while so he should be aware of the island as well and if reinforcements were to show up, they would need to know one way or another and if the guild were to find out, there'd be a bunch of ways luxus could as well.
He just seems like the right guy to save makarov imho and even if it doesn't happen, Mashima has done epic things against all expectations before that I wouldn't so crazy to expect something along those lines.

Poneglyph420
December 18, 2010, 02:45 PM
Here we go!!!!
I honestly didn't see that coming..
Makarov is only the 3rd Master of FT.
And his former Master is Hades..

Well played..

This is going to get messy...

FT needs Reinforcements bad. IMO

I personally hope while attempting to awaken Zeref things go horribly wrong and GH gets messed up by Zeref... Especially Urtear... Wipe that smirk off her face....

Zehahaha
December 18, 2010, 02:53 PM
At this rate, FT is screwed. Makarov will have a rough time with Hades, the others will have to deal with a lot of mages + 7 kin. FT really need some reinforcements as some people said.

Fairy Tail is really getting better and better, can't wait for the next one

Krono
December 18, 2010, 02:54 PM
On a different note, anyone bet that Hades is the person that Cana wants to meet, and is the reason she joined Fairy Tail?

ca12nag3
December 18, 2010, 04:09 PM
I supose fairy law is passed on from master to master, it also makes it curious why and how Laxus used it as well? I mean did Makarov at some point realy think he could take over as master?
and now we see the previous master of FT who is so far not related to Makarov thrue blood. So the entire idea of a relative taking over is in contradiction now ^^"

Ill kinda explain, early on in the series its said by multiple mages towards Lucy that once Makarov retires Laxus would be the next master. And added that he is HIS son.
We know that Myst possibly was on par with him and Gildarts is SS so stronger then Laxus who is S class.

Lateron this idea of successorship changes again with Makarov pondering over who hed let succeed him.

And now we see Makarov and Hades who are on name basis not talking as blood relation.

MAkes me wonder what the entire succeed Makarov/Laxus thing was about? <plothole?

Yuki-Onna
December 18, 2010, 04:27 PM
How to beat super bad guy guild:
1. Find Zeref
2. Throw at bad guys
3. ???
4. Profit!

MonsterEnvy
December 18, 2010, 07:09 PM
well i doubt Fairy tail can win now

i have no doubt that Hades is stronger then Marakov now and if any of all those nameless fodder are even half as strong as the two the came to the island first fairy tail is screwed

LoS
December 18, 2010, 07:22 PM
Anyone else wondering how that ship can house that many members year round constantly floating around? Gotta be extremely cramped quarters, most likely impossible, and they have no free space to stroll around.

I thought the guild would be on the smaller side, but that showing of sheer numbers seemed far too many.

MechR
December 18, 2010, 07:35 PM
I know Ul and Zeref didnt even live on same time but look how similar Ultear and Zeref look. Maybe he is her mysterious dad? Maybe that's how she knows a forgotten kind of magic?That's my pet theory too :) It blew my mind when it first occurred to me.

It was really great chapter! Fairy Tail is the best in this week Shounen Jump for sure.FT actually runs in Weekly Shounen Magazine, not Weekly Shounen Jump.

swordsaintscoot
December 18, 2010, 07:50 PM
What if grimoire heart despite being a dark guild isn't as bad as first described?

dark guilds are called such because they refuse to lsiten to orders of disbanding by the council, this doesn't make them bad.

Fairy tail could very easily become a dark guild if the council order them to disband because none of them are the types to give up their friends.

-Ken-
December 18, 2010, 08:31 PM
I like how Hades "name" is reveal but not many people used it in this thread. Well, it's probably because it's quite long.

I like this chapter a lot. If within the next 2-3 chapters Markarov is not down yet, he'll probably win and survive. Just a feeling.

I also notice how he call Markarov "boy" but called other members of GH by their name. I wonder if this have any significance?

ExRachel
December 18, 2010, 08:55 PM
No no, I wasn't asserting anything and totally pulled that out of nowhere but that said, there were hints that he'd come back from fried mentioning him after going down to lucy and kana and the foreshadowing from that parade scene when luxus left the guild...

Besides, he had been a S-class mage for a while so he should be aware of the island as well and if reinforcements were to show up, they would need to know one way or another and if the guild were to find out, there'd be a bunch of ways luxus could as well.
He just seems like the right guy to save makarov imho and even if it doesn't happen, Mashima has done epic things against all expectations before that I wouldn't so crazy to expect something along those lines.

Well that would make sense, Mashima probably is gonna put Hades on a good side though. unless he does do something epic and crazy like Makarov dying, or Laxus with him. ehh... Whatever I don't make sense anymore. Can't wait 'till other chapters. Btw. I actually would think Mashima would do something crazy cause he already did a crazy arc. I mean Fairy Tail is outnumbered by a million.. xD I'll just wait.

xErzaScarlet
December 18, 2010, 09:28 PM
Laxus learnt fairy law through reading skill books that is passed on by the Previous master . He said it during the Fantasia fight , where he faces Natsu .
He "stole" the skill somehow .

Zeref was a "Hot Guy" because he is like the most "evil" guy on Earth , or rather Fairy Tail Earth lol .
So most of the bad guys want Zeref .
Zeref is definitely older than Hades .
Hades left that guild 48years ago , when Makarov was 40 . *Meaning Makarov is 88 Now*
He left the guild because he wanted to create a guild to search for Zeref .
As Zeref is one of the most powerful guy on Earth , he could easily rule the whole Magical world .
Hades probably did that because he wanted to rule the world , so he left FairyTail under Makarov .
Hades might not fight with Makarov , since his plans is only Zeref .
He might say , "Hand over Zeref , i wont touch FairyTail"
However , the members are keen to eliminate FairyTail because they had been the one who stops the Dark Guilds from Achieving their results . *eg Oracion SEIS*

Since nobody had expected the Hades to be the second master .
Hiro Mashima might also come up with another unexpected twist , like not fighting , just hand over Zeref . (Since everyone expected them to fight.)

sarutobi_sensei
December 18, 2010, 10:44 PM
Zomg!

When I was reading the first page of the chapter I was like, WOW the 2nd master. Then it hit me: he kinda looks like Hades.

Then it's like ZOMFG! It is HADES! WOW Plot twist to the max.

That's why they knew where the island was.

But what made him do this? What could have possibly made him turn to the dark side?

Just loved Natsu's reaction to learning that Mest was from the council xD His face saying: Nice Coat was just epic xD

so are we getting a chapter next week?

munyo
December 18, 2010, 11:54 PM
sup people, newbie here xD
It was an awesome chapter, would be cool if Natsu fights the guy that looks kinda like him (forgot his name).... I wonder who is going to fight Gildartz

ghostexiled
December 19, 2010, 12:18 AM
I like how Azuma refers to the rest of his guild as "trouble makers"... with this type of personality, maybe he is one of the higher ranked sin members.

I would tease the idea of him maybe (maybe) being able to spar with Gildartz. We can't just state that this idea is crap... we have only seen a fraction of both of their powers and both cleaned house.

At some point Gildartz will get involved... because this is looking like it will maybe be a two arc storyline.

FT loses and Zeref is "obtained" by GH... then FT comes back and goes after GH with a few new members in tow.

I think that this battle will end with the intervention of Mavis.

exacta
December 19, 2010, 12:33 AM
I knew, this arc really is going to end up completely kicking ass. What a twist, I never would've thought Hades would be a previous master of Fairy Tail. Dammmmmmmn Mashima.

Fairy Tail is totallly boned now. Now that we know Hades is a previous master of Fairy Tail, I can actually see some 7 kin being as strong as Gildartz and Laxus and being able to fight with them evenly. It's likely that Hades is stronger than Makarov too. Maybe. I love how Hades called Makarov "boy" when Makarov is like 88.:amuse

Anjellow
December 19, 2010, 01:30 AM
Hmm. Well...I think Makarov is going to beat Hades but not in the current fight. I highly doubt that the masters would finish their fight before their guild members.
Of course Gildarts, Freed and Bixlow are going to come back
I hope they bring back other members from the guild too because there's only less than 20 FT members on the island ~~~ a fight with so few members against the entire Grimoire Heart Guild = FT losing...even if they have Erza and Mirajane there.

So yeah...Makarov is going to win but the fight with Hades will somehow be postponed until the end and their fight will be the last one like how it was against Phantom Lord and Master Jose.

Beeesiiides
Makarov is the one who FT famous and the most powerful guild in their country
^ that's true because if you look in the flashback the FT building was hella small and looked poor lol. It was during Makarov's time that FT's reputation and power sky rocketed.
how can he lose? :D

coolerthanzerok
December 19, 2010, 01:41 AM
Somehow I think Urtear is manipulating Hades too, because she has chronic backstabbing syndrome. I mean, Leon turned out not to be a terrible person. Gerard... could've been an inherently worse human being, and Hades was previously the Big Good. I think Urtear might have her own agenda entirely and is just using all of them. There's no reason to believe she isn't playing Hades like the other two.

Additionally... this chapter is awesome. I love how Makarov really did basically ruin the airship once, though I feel like repairing something of that scale should've taken a lot out of Urtear. I somehow want to see Grimoire Heart win, and after they leave Fairy Tail defeated Tartaros showing up and wrecking the weakened Grimoire Heart. Just something I'd like to muse at.

zelllogan
December 19, 2010, 04:10 AM
Ok, now I can consider Grimoire Heart as an enemy much more dangerous than anyone else met in the past.

Firstly, The guild is huge. I didn't expect so many soldiers.
Secondly, Hades is Makarov's master. I didn't see that one coming.
Thirdly, Ultear's power is like a cheat code in a video game.

Fairy tail is in a bad situation. With Makarov in that situation, I wouldn't be surprised to see luxus coming back.

Kurohitsugi
December 19, 2010, 05:51 AM
Oh, great chapter. Not only we had a great twist, one I could not see coming, but finally the whole GM squad landed on the island which means the battles are going to begin soon. I am wondering what will be "Zeref's" role at this battle. He is a complete wild card atm.

This isn't going to end good for Fairy Tail. Grimoire Heart as an enemy and member-wise, looks too important to appear in only one arc. I believe that this arc will end with GM capturing Zeref, defeating FT with the members of the latest barely escaping death (probably the 7-kin will withdraw once they capture Zeref). Next arc will be about the Council. They will accuse FT for all this ruckus and they will order a disband.

Finally, I think that even if Guildarts was there, GH could still win. I mean Ulthear must be as powerful as him, and I have the same impression about Azuma and Caprico. They could be as powerful as Laxus. But I am more interested to see Zancrow who will definitely meet Natsu at some point.

Azgarath
December 19, 2010, 08:01 AM
If you think about it, the "Law" spells are similar to Zeref's death magic. They're like nerf versions of it. Although it's merely speculation but it would be interesting if there is a connection. I have a feeling that this arc will be the most chaotic arc in Fairy Tail so far which ties in a lot of things together. I hope it would be something like the first master of Fairy Tail and other mages defeated the original Zeref and took some of his powers thus him gaining the spell "Fairy Law".

wooticus
December 19, 2010, 09:56 AM
wow, what a fantastic twist. certainly didn't see that coming. to the master got owned by his former master. some of you pointed out that ultear might have some kind of control over hades, i think so too. maybe she's the one who's letting him live, i mean he has to be over 100 years old, but ultears time mage might do something about him, so maybe he doesn't age even more.

Another guess is that Hades was that one "defeating" zeref by some kind of magic that switched their personalities. so hades became evil while zeref became kind. so he may now want wo revert that spell.

the beginning of the battle seems a bit weird to me, so many footsoldiers.. somehow boring.. and as many already stated.. i can't see fairy tail winning this one without another major twist. i guess hades and makarov won't have a real winner, they will sit this out preparing to do fairy/grimoire law.. so i could think of possibilities:

a) fairy tail losing, zeref getting freed. at least ultear(+hades) won't be defeated yet i guess.
a few arguments stay at least: cana has a major role in that arc so she certainly has to shine in this arc, so in a battle involving her and others she has to take out one of the 7 kin.
mirajane was hyped as an s class mage from the beginning of the manga but she certainly hasn't showed all she's got yet. if the life of her sister is in danger she will put her own life on the table to save her, so another kin has to go down.
and lastly: erza won't be defeated that easily

b) as we get to know the second master of fairy tail there on the holy grounds the first one mavis will also somehow appear. maybe some kind of magic awakens her (for example natsu's feeling for his friend, let's call it the spirit of fairy tail, or may be it's lucy who accidentially awakens mavis without knowing how). On the edge of defeat Mavis shows makarov and hades how fairy law is really used and repels those.

c) interference of the council. until now we only saw them complaining about some stuff, especially fairy tail. now a army of 8 super-strong mages appeared so maybe they should show that they are powerful mages, too.
I don't know if i remember all correctly, but yet we have seen 4 of the 10 holy mages, haven't we? makarov, jose, jellal and jura, who was considered the weakest of them. Then there is this master of blue pegagus. wasn't he stated to be even more powerful than makarov? and especially one thing: there has to be a mage who has the title of being the strongest mage currently alive, the first one of the 10 holy mages. I would love to have this guy/girl appear and rescue FT, dealing with 2 of the kin at once or something like that. a mage who let's erza look like a b-class mage, call it pure "ownage"

all in all i really can't see the outcoming. the problem with FT losing is that this would mean zeref being released by grimoire heart - but we have two more dark guilds that have to be dealt with so zerefs defeat has to come at last.

but well, i guess after this arc it's about time for a council arc in which they are

p1xel
December 19, 2010, 01:32 PM
Wow, I didn`t except Hades the 2nd FT master...and why Makarov didn`t recognize him in the beginning?:o
Looks like FT doesn`t stand a chance to win win Grimoire Heart. Maybe Zeref will save them.
And I just noticed there is Caprico, I thought of Psyren<3

sigma_song
December 19, 2010, 02:58 PM
Has any thought that Caprico might be a stellar spirit? He could be Capricorn and be like Loki and was exiled.

Kuzumikun
December 19, 2010, 03:01 PM
can't wait to see mira and lisana fight!! :]]]
dude i got liked soooo hyped on this chapter ;o
can't wait for next one!

1337 haxor
December 19, 2010, 06:10 PM
Just WOW!

Best quote as of yet:

"Well, if you got nukes we have nukes too!"

In any case I can see things going down the epic way.

First of all, I can't see FT losing here.

Problem is that GH doesn't look the kind that simply leave their defeated opponents alive on the ground save for that Azuma guy who basically said "Screw it, the gang is here already".

In my opinion this will go into two arcs, one where FT gets a beatdown but takes out part of GH and another when Zeref awakens and all hell breaks loose.

I think in the first part Zancrow, Hikaru, Caprico and Rustyrose gets taken out while leaving their oponents also beaten.

In the second part Zeref awakens, Meredy has a change of heart, Azuma fights Gildartz and Ultear gets AIZENED by Zeref ala Hinamori.

With the aid of Mavis, Hades recognizes his wrong ways and both he and Makarov sacrifices themselves to weaken Zeref and allow their guilds to escape.

This or... someone gets CEROED in the chest by Zeref and turns hellknight to save the day.

Afterwards Zeref joins Tartarus and what is left of GH and FT bangs togheter as a new dark guild framed for freeing Zeref.

nohm
December 19, 2010, 07:32 PM
Has any thought that Caprico might be a stellar spirit? He could be Capricorn and be like Loki and was exiled.

Yes, that's pretty much what everyone thought/said since his reveal. But yeah, congrats on your first post :p

Anyway, I like where the current (FT vs GH) vs? Zeref is headed. I think FT is going to get trashed badly, and at the moment of FT's despair and the seeming victory of GH by their "activation" of Zeref, he will turn on GH for being a mockry to his dark/black magic legacy. Both sides will get owned, and Zeref will go off to reboot whatever plans he had shelved. I think it is a possibility that the remaining 1/3 of the Balam alliance will become Zeref's pawns, and FT may have to form an unholy alliance with the surviving GH members to go on the counter-offensive (all the while dealing with an escalated aggressive stance from the council).

Zatono
December 19, 2010, 09:54 PM
I'm just going to restate the steps someone here said on how to beat GH.

1. Find Zeref
2. Convince him to fight GH.
3. ???
4. Profit!

tobeulp
December 19, 2010, 10:03 PM
I think Zeref will lead the Grimoire... And Fairy tail will definitely lose here because I think this arc is just a preparation for Zeref to be revived... I just hope Makarov will not die here..
This arc is one of the best or the best Fairy Tail arc yet.. Dragon arc could wait ^^

hongoasdf
December 20, 2010, 01:51 PM
Afterwards Zeref joins Tartarus and what is left of GH and FT bangs togheter as a new dark guild framed for freeing Zeref.

FT as a dark guild?

Now that would be an interesting twist. I can sort of see it happening, since we already saw that bit at the beginning of the arc about FT commiting one more "crime", and they would be forced to disband. Note that "Dark Guilds" are only the ones that don't abide the council's laws (In that sense, FT is closer to being a dark guild than a legal one). They are not necessarily evil, even if most dark guilds we've seen so far have been.

Take Edo-FT for example. Or as an example of the contrary, take Phantom Lord. They were a legal guild despite being evil.

As for allying themselves with Grimoire Heart (Or the remains of it)... I'd rather doubt it, but we'll see.

Ero-Sanji
December 21, 2010, 04:57 AM
First of all, I can't see FT losing here.

Problem is that GH doesn't look the kind that simply leave their defeated opponents alive on the ground save for that Azuma guy who basically said "Screw it, the gang is here already".

I thought of that too, but don't you thing that Purehito might spare them for being his old guild?

LoS
December 21, 2010, 05:26 AM
I thought of that too, but don't you thing that Purehito might spare them for being his old guild?

If those were his intentions he would have expressly told them not to kill the FT people, lol. I'm sure he doesn't mind a few casualties. It's not like he has any connections with anyone on the island other than Makarov.

Ero-Sanji
December 21, 2010, 01:50 PM
If those were his intentions he would have expressly told them not to kill the FT people, lol. I'm sure he doesn't mind a few casualties. It's not like he has any connections with anyone on the island other than Makarov.

To spare and to not kill is not the same, duh...
You can kill some of an army and still (EDIT-->) spare the army.

So, to further comment on the post which I commented on earlier, it's that Purehito doesn't have the intentions to destroy Fairy tail which means that his guild as long as they have gotten Zeref won't touch FT.

elitefox
December 21, 2010, 09:14 PM
That was a surprise :D

Fairy Tail vs a Dark Fairy Tail :D

LoS
December 22, 2010, 04:04 AM
So, to further comment on the post which I commented on earlier, it's that Purehito doesn't have the intentions to destroy Fairy tail which means that his guild as long as they have gotten Zeref won't touch FT.

Wow, you are really arguing semantics? That is quite trivial in this situation. I agree that it is not his goal/intention to destroy FT, but rather procure Zeref, but you have to think that if the GH members run across FT members on their way to Zeref they are not going to simply turn a blind eye and saunter on past the FT members on the island.

Ero-Sanji
December 22, 2010, 05:21 AM
Wow, you are really arguing semantics? That is quite trivial in this situation. I agree that it is not his goal/intention to destroy FT, but rather procure Zeref, but you have to think that if the GH members run across FT members on their way to Zeref they are not going to simply turn a blind eye and saunter on past the FT members on the island.

Hence, "as long as they have gotten Zeref they won't touch FT". It's exactly the same as with OS, they didn't care less about FT since they were all about Nirvana but the minute FT got in the way OS were prepared to kill.

I think you slightly misunderstood what I meant. My argument was that FT could lose this fight since I don't think Purehito will let them get destroyed as long as they(GH) have Zeref meaning that a loss doesn't necessarily mean death in this fight.

LoS
December 22, 2010, 06:45 AM
I think you slightly misunderstood what I meant. My argument was that FT could lose this fight since I don't think Purehito will let them get destroyed as long as they(GH) have Zeref meaning that a loss doesn't necessarily mean death in this fight.

Well, I mean this is Fairy Tail after all. The guild wouldn't be destroyed. Makarov might be the only person to die, but the guild disbandment is something for later when the council makes their move, hence the appearance of the new council just before this arc. It's too bad though, that none of the FT members would get offed by facing vastly superior opponents in the seven kin.

ca12nag3
December 22, 2010, 10:17 AM
Whats with all the die makarov? :P

You guys remember the 3 rules for not leaving FT? 1 is never reveal anything that might hurt FT? Well Purito/Hades broke that rule so he is no longer under any so said aprentice vs master protection. Makarov if he upholds FT rules/regulations will fight him with all his might. At least i hope Makarov doesnt go all teary/why master why. cause Hades doesnt seem like he will go easy on him either.

Fê - forever alone
December 22, 2010, 01:18 PM
I think Makarov will do exactly that, lol. But in the end, he'll fight Purehito with all his might, as soon as he realizes what Hades has become, or, what Hades always was, and Makarov haven't seen, pure evil, lol.

I still don't know if Hades turn out to be a bad guy after leaving FT, or if he was always “bad”.

Lectro Volpi
December 22, 2010, 04:05 PM
Okay I need to make some corrections.

I told you guys that Gildarts can Curb-stomp Grimoire Heart with Hades included, now that Hades is at least on the same level as Makarov (I reckon Makarov as stronger than Gildarts) then:

Gildarts > Grimoire Heart (Hades not included).

It was a great chapter, I knew Makarov was going to use Fairy Law but I was afraid of: "Fairy Law is useless now/I have a stronger technique/with this magic jamming machine I will.../You were careless I took you by surprise" but this "Equal Magic super catastrophe ala Ying-Yang, will be bad if we clash" was a nice touch, it was not out of the ass because Hades was a previous guild master and knew what Fairy Law is and how it works.

ghostexiled
December 22, 2010, 04:22 PM
^You really can't say that for fact... we have yet to see anything from GH and you are already stating that Gildartz could own them... all?

The guy has one scene where he makes Natsu cry and all of a sudden everyone thinks that he can beat an entire guild by himself. :notrust

Not just any guild but one of the 3 big Dark Guilds.

I still think that GH is being extremely underestimated here... we have only seen a fraction of what Azuma, Caprico and Urtear can do.

Plus we still have 4 others that have yet to show us anything.

Also with the possibility of having other tuff fodder mages... makes things a bit bleak for FT.

ca12nag3
December 22, 2010, 05:24 PM
Im asuming they are all S class lvl. Meaning litteraly that they are on par with, Erza,Mirajane and Gildartz. Im not sure if Juvia and Gajeel are to be considered Sclass lvl since Juvia got owned in a 2v1 vs Erza and Gajeel is on par with Natsu, who gets his ass kicked by both Erza and Gildartz.

So if you take the 7kin who are 7 mages only 3 are of their lvl of wich 1 has already left the island thats Gildartz.

Why im saying they are prolly Sclass? Well Ultear fought Natsu on half power and could fend him off like that and was a member of the council she simply is powerfull and that Azuma owned Lilly,Wendy and Mest without even lifting a finger.

Basicaly this arc will show that these mages from FT are all growing to be Sclass. Makarov didnt pick m if he didnt believe in their potential.

So this will be a hard fight :D

Kuzumikun
December 23, 2010, 02:45 AM
^do u think that 2v1 will work?
cuz im not sure about cana and lucy winning unless lucy FINALLY uses Gemini and Cana has some sort of trump card up her sleeve

Lectro Volpi
December 23, 2010, 07:29 AM
^You really can't say that for fact... we have yet to see anything from GH and you are already stating that Gildartz could own them... all?

The guy has one scene where he makes Natsu cry and all of a sudden everyone thinks that he can beat an entire guild by himself. :notrust

Not just any guild but one of the 3 big Dark Guilds.

I still think that GH is being extremely underestimated here... we have only seen a fraction of what Azuma, Caprico and Urtear can do.

Plus we still have 4 others that have yet to show us anything.

Also with the possibility of having other tuff fodder mages... makes things a bit bleak for FT.

It is more like this: No matter how strong a bad guy might look or be, they are just "Current Arc's villain" and will most likely be forgotten; unless they join the guild or be attached to a known character from the guild.

Right now Gildarts is more important plot-wise than GH mages (safe Ultear and Hades) because he is from the "Main Core". Gildarts will not appear and "own-be owned, then bye-bye plot" like a lot of Tough characters we have seen like poor Midnight. Dunno if I am making myself clear. Gildarts' importance on the plot it's way bigger than Azuma's and because of that he will prevail in battle!!!

ghostexiled
December 23, 2010, 10:15 AM
I can understand what your getting at and traditional that would be correct.

But with GH being a bit more important with their role in getting Zeref and having a former FT master as their master... things could play out differently than they have before.

You don't just send some rag tag team after the most notrious and evil mage, that world has ever seen. You send a group that could handle their own quite well and be ready for whatever Zeref might throw at them.

Also, many have thought of this... but there is a good chance that after this event, FT will be forced into becoming a Dark Guild by the Council's standards.

So in the end, I like to think that GH is nothing compared to any other guild that FT has faced yet and so far they are looking to be just that.

btw, Mangastream says all JUMP comics are on break this week... not sure if this includes FT.

ca12nag3
December 23, 2010, 11:03 AM
Well Its prolly safe to say that there will be no manga this week due to christmas.

About the mages in this arc i think all will be close enough to be S class, like i said Makarov didnt pick m for the exam if he didnt believe in them. (Mest however cheated his way in)

So you got 11 exam candidates, im still counting loki since i think Caprico is basicaly the capricorn spirit, would be stupid if he wasnt since his name is caprico lol.

I believe Caprico will face Lucy, he seems like a inteligent dude so perhaps we get more to know from his thoughts on Lucy?

The Fire/Lava mage will fight Natsu fight fire with fire.

Ultear i supose she might face either Mira or Erza, to not downkey her powerlvl. Since she practicaly would woop Natsus ass in that cavefight where she faced him on half strength. Tho eventualy theyll meet/fight.

Azuma might face off vs Grey+Loki even tho Natsu is running that way, im suspecting Natsu will be delayed and not find him (like he didnt find Erza who he wanted to face).

The Fatso (easier then his name haha) Evergreen+Elfman, im just thinking this since i see Elfman as a weaker lvl mage and this guy is tough but prolly the weaker of the 7kin. Elfmans chance to show off vs Evergreen?

Levi+Gajeel vs Meldy < not much to say then mysteryguest? I have no idea how she is but judging from her calm nature she must be lethal :D

Finaly the showoff guy (again to lazy to check names) Hes definitly going to fight Erza or Mirajane.

So only that showoff guy and Ultear i dont know if its going to be against Mira or Erza.

Wendy,Juvia Lisana,Cana,Lilly,Happy and Charle are all backup in my opinion ^^ i know this arc is about Cana too i know but i dont see her as important in the first fights with the 7kin. Since i said Caprico vs Lucy she will be her backup there.

Oh another wild theory what if Lucys mom Layla was a celestial spirit mage too and Caprico was hers and he kill her? < just a thought.

vongola_x
December 23, 2010, 11:27 AM
This would be an interesting time for Laxus to make a reappearance, don't you think?

It's probably not going to happen so soon, but it's definitely something to ponder.

MonsterEnvy
December 25, 2010, 01:15 AM
Ultear i supose she might face either Mira or Erza, to not downkey her powerlvl. Since she practicaly would woop Natsus ass in that cavefight where she faced him on half strength. Tho eventualy theyll meet/fight.

your downgrading Ultear she wooped Natsu's ass with a 3rd of her power not half

swordsaintscoot
December 25, 2010, 02:45 AM
your downgrading Ultear she wooped Natsu's ass with a 3rd of her power not half

yeah, back in the deliora and lyon arc

he's had so many power boosts since then it'd be stupid to think he coudln't handle a lot more of her.

ca12nag3
December 25, 2010, 06:44 AM
half a 3rd it doesnt matter, ultear is strong. Also Natsu got pwned in followup by Erza Makarov and Laxus. Sure it was all friendly challenging but still Natsu lacked the power back then, then he ate Etherion, and the flame of rebuke. Still i doubt hes strong enough to face anyone of the caliber of Ultear or Gildartz. Think those 2 might be on par.

The artist didnt make a mentioning of Ultear fighting Natsu with just a part of her power for no reason.
Ofc Natsu grew and so did the others but in powerlvls non of them are strong enough on their own. Only Erza and Mira are strong enough.Gildartz aint there atm and Makarov is 1v1 with Hades.
Im just saying that theyll all get a powerboost soon enough ^^

Rowel
December 26, 2010, 07:30 AM
From MS twitter:

We have Fairy Tail, but it will probably come out in around 8-24 hours from now since the staff needs some rest.

ExRachel
December 26, 2010, 01:57 PM
That was a surprise :D

Fairy Tail vs a Dark Fairy Tail :D

Yeah i know.. Meldy And Wendy, Ultear and Erza, The Firey Guy (don'tKnow his name) and Cocky Natsu.. OR is guess the soon to be S-Classes would fight the 7 kin, i mean.. there is 7 of them...