PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Vegapunk's deals and goals

Geez
December 06, 2010, 08:08 AM
His name has been has been brought early in One Piece, but his mystery remains. What is his personality? What power does he possess? I’ve been thinking a lot about it and here’s my thought. (Half the credits goes to Lord Rayleigh, check his theory on Kaidou (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1241331&postcount=15))

Deals

Kuma/Vegapunk: As you already know, Kuma is weaponized and lost his self consciousness 2 years ago. Even Doflamingo ignores what kind of deal they may have concluded. Though, a certain detail can enlighten this issue: the bible he always carries. I didn’t understand the meaning of this object until last night which is, in this case, martyr. In this page (http://www.tenmangas.com/chapter/OnePiece560/175736-6.html), Doflamingo clearly says that Kuma “volunteered himself” and mentioned a “deal”. What if Kuma sacrificed himself to get information or access to certain places, all that for the Revolution’s sake? Vegapunk has without a doubt privileges among the WG, ‘cause they need him real bad.

The way I see it, Vegapunk puts a priority to his scientific research, and in that purpose, makes deals with people who can get him specific items. In this case, Kuma’s body was really tough and could endure the cyborg process.

Doflamingo/Vegapunk: The name of the power which Doflamingo uses is still unknown. However a lot of people, included myself, think he can manipulate bodies like a puppeteer. When I think about it, this image comes always in mind (http://mymoviebanners.com/pics/godfather/the-godfather-4.jpg). Sure he’s nothing like the Godfather :p but he does have habits of a mafia leader such as commanding violent crews (Bellamy) and being involved in illegal traffics (Human Auction). So, imo that’s why he would gladly accept jobs like assassination.

Yes, I think about Moria’s assassination. In this page (http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/OnePiece595/209937-9.html), the hidden interlocutor seems really pissed off. Not that he cares about the confirmation of death but in fact, he’s angry because he didn’t get the body! We all know that Vegapunk can use devil fruits, so what if he wanted for some reason Moria’s devil power? What could he possibly promised in return?
Anyway, the job was half-assed done so I don’t think the deal will be honored that easily ;)

Kaidou/Vegapunk: I believe Kaidou has a particular relationship with the WG. Otherwise, why would he want to kill WhiteBeard before the war? That’s just useless, the man is very old and the war’s outcome was obvious for him. Useless, except if he has some deal with the WG. This leads me to this page (http://www.tenmangas.com/chapter/OnePiece595/209937-3.html).
If you look carefully to the top, you see interesting details: The tree is covered by metal plates, as well as the rocks on the right. The mountain seems artificial and still in construction. Besides, the pirate in charge of the island’s protection has a modified and weaponized body, which bears a number on his shoulders. All of that makes me think of Vegapunk’s work. Finally the pirate says this island is a favorite of Kaidou’s. Basically it means that he cares a lot about its security, more than other islands. So, what’s up with all this?

2 suggestions :cookiehand

Kaidou asked Vegapunk to modify and construct his favorite island:
in this case, he may have something special to trade, maybe a devil fruit power or Kaidou's cooperation with WG.

Kaidou gave the island to Vegapunk and protects it:
I like this one because Vegapunk would love this island for secret lab, it’s a winter island like his birthplace. What does Kaidou would want in return? Weapons?
Pacifistas seem quite interesting for a warlord. But is the WG aware of this trade? What do you guys think?

Vegapunk

These are just theories so I can’t be sure I’m right about his personality. Nevertheless, if it is true, Vegapunk seems the type to do anything for his research. Remember what was saying the old geezer in his former island (http://www.tenmangas.com/chapter/OnePiece592/206033-13.html)? His genius was way beyond his old material resources. The fact that he works with the WG is purely due to their mutual interest. He needs materials and power, they need weapons. It is a deal, just like the three others.

Now, you probably know that Oda was a fan of Dragon Ball and he may have taken inspiration from it. Doesn’t Vegapunk remind you of someone?
…His cyborgs and his labs built in the mountain clearly remind me of Dr. Gero.
So, I wonder: Does Oda foresee the same future for Vegapunk? I don’t think he will be a villain, or he’ll be for his own reasons and not for the WG. Will he be weaponized just like Gero? Or will he command robots?

A lot of questions are still unanswered for me, but you may have suggestions that can explain all of them ! It’s up to you now :D

Lord Rayleigh
December 06, 2010, 03:25 PM
First supporter of the Kaido/Vegapunk deal theory. As Geez said the modified island obviously leads to Vegapunk. What I also find interesting on this page (http://www.tenmangas.com/chapter/OnePiece592/206033-13.html) is the old man's words about Baltimore's mountains. He clearly says that it's Vegapunk who built them. So it is confirmed that Vegapunk is able to build artificial moutains.

I think that the fact X. Drake wanted to meet Kaido as soon as possible is a also an argument. There is something behinds Drake's move and it's interesting to notice that he was introduced as a former Rear Admiral who had intel on the Pacifista Program. A Rear Admiral linked to Vegapunk wanting to meet Kaido, that's quite an odd triangle.

On Kaido/Vegapunk's relationship: 2 suggestions

Kaido's attempt to kill Whitebeard is part of his deal with Vegapunk. Vegapunk was interested in Whitebeard's body/DF as he was very likely the one that was interested in Moria's body/Moria's DF. He asked the Yonkou to give him Whitebeard in exchange of some work because he knew the Marine would keep Whitebeard's body as a trophy after the war.

Kaido is the former protector of Vegapunk who joined then the World Government which could provide him new means. As the World Government, Kaido made use of some of Vegapunk's works and X. Drake wants to make him an offer since he has some intel on the the last project of Vegapunk: the Pacifista program. After all, if Kaido and Vegapunk were still in contact, why would X. Drake be useful to Kaido ?

Anduren
December 06, 2010, 04:06 PM
The evidence to support this theory seems logical with a small exception. The marines had to use all their power and the warlords just to keep whitebeard and his allies at bay and when shanks showed up they agreed to a ceasefire without question when they clearly had the upper hand.

This implies the military might of an emperor, if combined with the world government's marines and the warlords would be able to take out all the other emperors in the new world one at a time with proper planning while it takes the marines all their forces combined with the warlords just to balance out each emperor's forces individually. Which is why Admiral Sengoku saw it as unacceptable to see shanks and whitebeard join forces because it would be unstoppable by the marines after the fact.

I just wanted to add that its possible that Vegapunk is an agent working for the world government but is loyal to a foreign entity like kaidou. It would also explain why he would consider granting kuma his final wish as a revolutionary to protect the thousand sunny even though it clearly goes against the world government's interests.

Rody naruto
December 06, 2010, 04:16 PM
Also i wonder if Moria's disparution doesnt have something to do with Vegapunk.It could be possible that his try to mix Moria's DF with robotic like he did with Kizaru but slightly different.What i mean is that since Moria has the ability to capture shadows and put them into corps,it could be possible that Vegapunk is trying to level up the strenght of his Pacifistas by adding shadows into them.

By paying attention to old man story about Vegapunk's childhood,i understood that he doesnt sound like a bad guy at all.Thats why im questioning myself about his presence with the WG.

Samui
December 06, 2010, 04:49 PM
Also i wonder if Moria's disparution doesnt have something to do with Vegapunk.It could be possible that his try to mix Moria's DF with robotic like he did with Kizaru but slightly different.What i mean is that since Moria has the ability to capture shadows and put them into corps,it could be possible that Vegapunk is trying to level up the strenght of his Pacifistas by adding shadows into them.

By paying attention to old man story about Vegapunk's childhood,i understood that he doesnt sound like a bad guy at all.Thats why im questioning myself about his presence with the WG.
The disappearance has nothing to do with Vegapunk. It's pretty obvious that Absalom is the one who saved him. According to Doflamingo, Moria simply vanished infront of his eyes. This suits Absalom's ability to make himself - and others - invisible. The last we've seen of Absalom was with Moria, at the end of Thriller Bark. So It's obvious that he accompanied Moria to Marineford.

Channy
December 06, 2010, 05:35 PM
I think Vegapunk is just using the WG for their money and resources and he might secretly be working for the Revolutionaries so that when the Revolutionaries and the WG clash it will be one of those tides to flip the war when vegapunk makes all the WG pacifistas switch sides and start killing WG and marines Who knows him Kuma might have a made the deal

Rody naruto
December 06, 2010, 05:59 PM
I dont know why but everytime i hear the name Vegapunk i cant help but to think he might look like Dr. Akamashi (http://diddlneo.centerblog.net/voir-photo?u=http://diddlneo.d.i.pic.centerblog.net/jhqwm6kn.jpg) from Murder princess (http://www.animecrazy.net/murder-princess-ova/)

Dekker
December 07, 2010, 09:30 AM
I think Vegapunk is just using the WG for their money and resources and he might secretly be working for the Revolutionaries so that when the Revolutionaries and the WG clash it will be one of those tides to flip the war when vegapunk makes all the WG pacifistas switch sides and start killing WG and marines Who knows him Kuma might have a made the deal

You see, thats what im thinking, too. Im pretty sure Vegapunk was never realy fond working for the WG anyway. And since we were shown what the people on his island think and how they remember him, it mighty be possible that he actually just started to help the marines to fond his own ideas and agendas. Hes doing this to get the resources for his ideas and lab work.
And even though Vegapunk seems to be inspired by Dr. Gero, I highly doubt that he will become a villain like him. That'd be just retarded and does not fit One Piece. (Besides, imho the Perfect Cell-Arc was the downfall of Dragon Ball. Not only did the powerlevels of each fighter start to get completly out of hand so that the Author could not realy show any improvements anymore, but the plot was also getting worse and worse).

On DoFlamingo:

Im on, too your idea of him beeing a pupateer. He probably has eaten something along the lines of a string fruit. That also explains how he was able to cut of Oars leg.

kanmati
December 14, 2010, 12:58 PM
Vegapunk is nice guy.. his hometown seem to like him as person. Goal is to help revolutionaries.