PDA

View Full Version : Theory Gantz Giants

Fighting Spirit
December 10, 2010, 04:48 PM
I've been thinking about the giants in Gantz and what they might be a reference to. The Annunaki are a race of aliens that were giants(who knows if theyre real). Said giants were fabled to have taught the Sumerians everything they know.(ive heard that Sumerains knew about pluto) These Annunaki are from the book of Enki(enki is also supposed to be satan.) It is also said that these giant aliens created humans as slaves. They are supposed to be from the notorious planet x. There are also claims that the annunaki will come in 2012 and that will be the end that every one is talking about. Ive seen connections with this and Gantz and I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Shion Izumi
December 10, 2010, 06:39 PM
Yea I think the giant aliens are suppose to be based on that legend. A lot of similarities going on. It makes sense that Oku would put them in as the final enemy, after all he puts in other legends such as Yokai into the manga so why not this legend?

Fighting Spirit
December 10, 2010, 08:54 PM
It makes sense relating to this part of the manga imo. The yokai legends dont fit with giants but hey, with all the diversification of the ethnicity of the gantz players(or should i say army now), the idea that the giants are even a slight reference to the universal flood story would be legit.

Somnus
December 11, 2010, 06:53 AM
Sebastian talked about the akashic records, so it wouldn't surprise me. Even though they seem too antagonistic to care about teaching humans.

Also the Katastrophe was predicted long before it happened, maybe there's some prophecy mentioning them

Shion Izumi
December 11, 2010, 11:01 AM
Something to take note of is how "human like" they are as well. They seem way too much like humans compared to the other aliens. I think the spin in the manga is that these giants created humans and were worshiped as "Gods".

Fighting Spirit
December 11, 2010, 01:33 PM
Yea thats how the real legend goes too. The so called annunaki created humans in their image.

JediKnight
December 11, 2010, 03:17 PM
This is why Gantz is the best manga around. Good pick up Fighting Spirit. This just means Gantz is really coming to a end. Hopefully we get a detailed back story on these giant aliens. It would be cool if the giants admit to being on earth befor.

Shion Izumi
December 11, 2010, 04:12 PM
In one of the chapters when you see the alien civilization on the mothership, there is a sign that says "West Tokyo" in their language. This may indicate that they have been watching/familiar with the planet before hand. What I really want to know are how many of these motherships are parked in cities. Do you think there is one in every country? city?

gryphonZark
February 03, 2011, 06:26 AM
Annunaki = why they have 6 fingers and toes....sp that fits

I think that maybe they made/kicked off humans just for the food, and maybe other races they go from planet to planet farming, which explains refugee/other aliens, however some other race has developed better tech and gantz is the result.

No it maybe the giant race are running from something

I also note there are about 4 adverts continually repeated in the space ships

digitaldude
February 03, 2011, 08:34 AM
I remember one member said that the aliens are actually nephillim from the bible, thought it was pretty interesting theory.

moistgorilla
February 03, 2011, 05:24 PM
well we just found out in the last chapter that the giants are just a wandering space colony from a star system that got destroyed. The reference was probably on purpose.