PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Do you think there will now be a new fourth Emperor, if yes, who?

zoobear
December 13, 2010, 10:51 PM
I have been thinking, now that White-beard is dead, who will be taking his place among the Four Emperors? What are your thoughts?

scav
December 13, 2010, 11:01 PM
oi nice sig.
there is a new emperor,http://www.mangareader.net/103-57801-9/one-piece/chapter-598.html here the barman said "where the four emperor reside". thats mean they're still four.
I think about 2 people Blackbeard ofcourse, and Enel(if he came on the blue sea during the timeskip, he definitly have the level to be a yonkou).

zoobear
December 13, 2010, 11:11 PM
oi nice sig.
there is a new emperor,http://www.mangareader.net/103-57801-9/one-piece/chapter-598.html here the barman said "where the four emperor reside". thats mean they're still four.
I think about 2 people Blackbeard ofcourse, and Enel(if he came on the blue sea during the timeskip, he definitly have the level to be a yonkou).

Thanks hahaha, my three favourite manga's :)

Good point, I guess I missed that. Thats a good point, Enel could definitely be one of them, but Luffy could take him out easy, seeing how he is rubber, the natural counter for lighting. I'm going to repost this in "Spoiler and Chapter Discussion" forum, so come reply there :D

RichardMNixon
December 13, 2010, 11:34 PM
I don't think they're organized enough to have a "new one." There were four powerful pirates, they behaved like emperors; ergo, four emperors. Then there were three left. Three emperors. There may now be a fourth. There could just as easily be five.

kurosakixichigo
December 13, 2010, 11:46 PM
of cos i think it'll be blackbeard..considering the powers he have and the amount of time past..he must have honed his powers in these two years with the battles he encountered in New World..plus not many people could win against him even with haki unless they are at admiral's level..well there's no evidence to it but the same goes to the contrary..so my guess would be him sitting in that position..

chess4
December 13, 2010, 11:50 PM
there will be 4. my guess, it will be Blackbeard. i figure he will have a crew roughly the size of shanks. BB is now a big dog after this war. he has 2 of the strongest fruit powers and not to mention having the reputation of his crew killing whitebeard. BB's oringal 10 members will be the leaders of the crew.

if you look aet the dynamic of the yonkou shanks id defintely going to look out for luffy. as it stand rite now i think lola's mom is Big Mom. the way i see it luffy will be allies with 2 of the yonkou since the Whitebeards arent a yonkou crew with WB dead. kaidou has been set up as a bad guy and with BB that will complete the 4 kings.

there is no other real candidate except for maybe buggy. he has a pretty strong crew even though he isnt that strong, his reputation is legendary. i think the WG has offered him a shichibuaki title though.

there are a lot of level 6 prisoners but i dont think they could get a yonkou level crew together in 2 years. We all know that the Blackbeards and the Strawhats will duke it out for the title of Pirate King, so BB has to be set up as the ultimate villian.

kurosakixichigo
December 14, 2010, 12:01 AM
there will be 4. my guess, it will be Blackbeard. i figure he will have a crew roughly the size of shanks. BB is now a big dog after this war. he has 2 of the strongest fruit powers and not to mention having the reputation of his crew killing whitebeard. BB's oringal 10 members will be the leaders of the crew.

if you look aet the dynamic of the yonkou shanks id defintely going to look out for luffy. as it stand rite now i think lola's mom is Big Mom. the way i see it luffy will be allies with 2 of the yonkou since the Whitebeards arent a yonkou crew with WB dead. kaidou has been set up as a bad guy and with BB that will complete the 4 kings.

there is no other real candidate except for maybe buggy. he has a pretty strong crew even though he isnt that strong, his reputation is legendary. i think the WG has offered him a shichibuaki title though.

there are a lot of level 6 prisoners but i dont think they could get a yonkou level crew together in 2 years. We all know that the Blackbeards and the Strawhats will duke it out for the title of Pirate King, so BB has to be set up as the ultimate villian.

i agree for the most part except for BB being the last villain..i think he may be ultimate villain but may not be one also considering we still have the 5 Great Elders..i think the last plot might also be the discovery of the true history of the world and the 5 Great Elders may be there to stop Luffy and co. from gaining that knowledge after he became the Pirate King..

the way I see it is Luffy going full blast on becoming Pirate King and being chased by the WG after being one..just like Gold Roger..

Debu
December 14, 2010, 12:25 AM
To answer this, we must ask: why was Big Edward ever considered the ruler of the seas in the first place? This was because he was the only one remembered to have been able to fight on par with the previous king of the pirates, Gol. So we can either presume that power will be established via some random new process (in which case it would be a blast if it were Buggy, that lovable red-nosed small fish in a big ocean). But most likely it will be whomever is viewed at having been able to best Whitebeard himself. In that case, it's rather unclear, isn't it? Sure, Blackbeard's crew delivered the finishing blows, but only after considerable damage from the WG (half your face getting blown off is considerable, right? If not, I don't want to meet you in a dark alley).

So my guess is that no one will be considered the established "emperor," but there will be a general fear of Blackbeard and a silent "respect" for the WG. Such an ambiguity is in a sense more exciting, as it means the next true pirate king would have to conquer all of the forces that were required to take down WB. Franky's shiny nip.. um.. headbeams will surely play a big role in that.

zoobear
December 14, 2010, 12:52 AM
To answer this, we must ask: why was Big Edward ever considered the ruler of the seas in the first place? This was because he was the only one remembered to have been able to fight on par with the previous king of the pirates, Gol. So we can either presume that power will be established via some random new process (in which case it would be a blast if it were Buggy, that lovable red-nosed small fish in a big ocean). But most likely it will be whomever is viewed at having been able to best Whitebeard himself. In that case, it's rather unclear, isn't it? Sure, Blackbeard's crew delivered the finishing blows, but only after considerable damage from the WG (half your face getting blown off is considerable, right? If not, I don't want to meet you in a dark alley).

So my guess is that no one will be considered the established "emperor," but there will be a general fear of Blackbeard and a silent "respect" for the WG. Such an ambiguity is in a sense more exciting, as it means the next true pirate king would have to conquer all of the forces that were required to take down WB. Franky's shiny nip.. um.. headbeams will surely play a big role in that.

Hahaha, I dont think anyone can really say anymore. ^^^ That pretty much sums everything up hahaha, thanks!

modoki
December 14, 2010, 12:55 AM
First off, this whole tread is in the WRONG forum and should be moved.

Second it will be blackbeard.
A yonkou is not based off of strength but how much territory is controlled by a yonkou.
Size and who is in the group does not matter (Ex: compare WB's crew size to Shanks).
Blackbeard will take the yonkou title since he was once part of WB's crew and must know all of his territorial spots better than anyone and will probably take them.

People are saying buggy will be a yonkou because of some unknown message from the WG. Absolutely not. He will most likely get Shichibukai status

Shisu
December 14, 2010, 01:04 AM
Lol. When I read the thread title I thought of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyFYgU60Thk). :D

Nevermind.

I personally believe no one will take the position.

zoobear
December 14, 2010, 01:11 AM
First off, this whole tread is in the WRONG forum and should be moved.

Second it will be blackbeard.
A yonkou is not based off of strength but how much territory is controlled by a yonkou.
Size and who is in the group does not matter (Ex: compare WB's crew size to Shanks).
Blackbeard will take the yonkou title since he was once part of WB's crew and must know all of his territorial spots better than anyone and will probably take them.

People are saying buggy will be a yonkou because of some unknown message from the WG. Absolutely not. He will most likely get Shichibukai status

1. How come you say its in the wrong forum?
2. It has a lot to do with strength, because how else are you supposed to get territory? Can't just rely on your crew, the captain must have tremendous strength as well.
3. Size may not matter, but who is in the group definitely matters. You cant just have a weak crew and expect to take all of WB's territory.

LoneLobo
December 14, 2010, 04:56 AM
Exactly. This should be in the general One Piece section ( http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47 )... would be nice if a Mod or an Admin could move this ;)

Oh, and topic related: I do not think that there is a fourth emperor. It is probably just the old three and BB trying to smash them... but I would not go that far and call him an emperor. Besides that, Debu (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2218479&postcount=6) said it all^^

natli
December 14, 2010, 09:09 AM
I would put my money on Blackbeard, because it's very probable he will aim at being a powerhouse in the New World. This being said...

Personally I cheer for Buggy :D

MaiSiaoSiao
December 14, 2010, 09:18 AM
Hmm if BB has the 2 strongest DF in OP couldnt he just go and defeat the rest of the yonkous?

DaoneLuffy
December 14, 2010, 10:09 AM
Oda put one over on us all, when we thought we had an idea about the one piece world he gave us a 2 year time skip now we have more questions than answers. No one knows what the supernovas did, no one knows what the marines did, and no one knows what the Yonkou's did during that time. The marines made moves after Whitebeard died we have proof because they are spread so thin plus we saw Akainu going after Blackbeard himself. We saw X drake go after Kaidou's territory who knows the ramifications of that, one might be dead by now. But I feel that BB got that spot that WB lost and also I think Kidd did some damage as well so he might have made a fifth spot for all we know.
So to really answer your question I'm sure BB is the new emperor because of his knowledge of the seas, WB's old crew can't handle him anymore he is wayyy too strong now.

kanmati
December 14, 2010, 12:50 PM
Blackbeard for sure.

zoobear
December 14, 2010, 01:46 PM
Exactly. This should be in the general One Piece section ( http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47 )... would be nice if a Mod or an Admin could move this ;)

Oh, and topic related: I do not think that there is a fourth emperor. It is probably just the old three and BB trying to smash them... but I would not go that far and call him an emperor. Besides that, Debu (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2218479&postcount=6) said it all^^

Uhh, yeah you are probably right, but at first I put this in Tree of Knowledge, and it clearly says that you shouldn't be discussing any predictions or recent chapters. So I re-posted it here, because there are predictions and information from recent chapters being brought up. So i'm confused :S
[hr]

Why is this topic here in spoilers?

Shouldn't this be on another thread?

I'm a noob, thats why it was in the spoilers thread hahahaha. :D

Poneglyph420
December 14, 2010, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure there will be a "replacement" yonkou. That was a unique situation in itself... So there might not be another...

If there's to be another Yonkou... BB for sure..
It's not really even a question IMO.

Nice to see this thread where it belongs.....

BlackHair
December 14, 2010, 03:46 PM
Bleackbeard or Marco the Phönix.

zoobear
December 14, 2010, 03:57 PM
Yeah, since I did put it into the wrong forum, how would I move it to a different forum? I know its in the right place now, but for future reference, if I mess up again lol.

Channy
December 14, 2010, 04:44 PM
Yeah, since I did put it into the wrong forum, how would I move it to a different forum? I know its in the right place now, but for future reference, if I mess up again lol.

Just read the descriptions on the forums

zoobear
December 14, 2010, 04:58 PM
I personally don't thing BB will be part of the Younkou now. I think it will be someone completely unexpected, like Buggy.

karamm
December 15, 2010, 02:50 AM
I hope it's not Blackbeard. 2 years isnt that long of a period for him to be one of the Yonkou. So, im guessing it's some random pirate we've never heard of before, it's not like there arent any strong pirates left out there.

Bugzee
December 15, 2010, 06:46 PM
I personally don't thing BB will be part of the Younkou now. I think it will be someone completely unexpected, like Buggy.

I can see Buggy more as a Shichibukai than a Yonkou/Emperor tbh.

I would like to either keep the number of Yonkou at three or make it five. Four just ain't right to me. This is, off course, the rampaging era so I would expect more divisions within the NW in regards to territorial factions, etc. I don't believe WB's territory was the only parts of the NW at risk; prior to the time skip and after. It'll be interesting to learn what actually has happened to the balance within the pirate "hierarchy" if you like.

Spaceman-Spiff
December 16, 2010, 02:58 AM
Buggy.

Lord Rayleigh
December 16, 2010, 05:45 PM
I don't think that there is a new Yonkou in the New World. I better think that the new Whitebeard Pirates are fighting against another pirate crew for the control of Whitebeard's territories, so that there will be two half-Yonkou crews. After all, Oda said that we would see Marco again and I am pretty sure they came back to some of their old territories as Whitebeard asked them.

I first thought that this opposite crew fighting the new Whitebeard Pirates would be the Blackbeard Pirates but it does not make any sense. The first reason is that they are not aiming for the Yonkou title but for the Pirate King title, so they better have to advance in their travel to discover new things, and not to stay to protect and control territories.

The second reason is that I believe the Blackbeard Pirates will be the final pirate opponents of the Strawhat Pirates, so they have to be better than the current Yonkou crews. As the opposite pirate crew will be an half-Yonkou crew, it does not fit the plot at all. To me, the "Marco arc" will actually be a pre-Yonkou battle in order to make the Strawhats be ready to fight a true Yonkou, who I think will be Kaido.

Psyren Dante
December 18, 2010, 12:07 PM
People, people, I don't mind all the speculation, but you have to remember one thing: this is Oda we're talking about. You can never be sure about anything. You may be certain of some things in the curent chapter only to be surprised by a plot-twist in the next one. So yeah, Blackbeard might be the new Emperor considering the power he took from Whitebeard and the new crewmembers, but he may also still be fighting for the seat even after 2 years. Until Oda shows us what the hell happened in these 2 years we wont know anything. I just hope in the next chapters either Hacchi or Jinbe sheds some light on what is going on in the world.

matzik1212
December 19, 2010, 08:05 AM
yep yep!like you all stated it is possible that BB is the new yankou and i agree with you but come on i honestly don't get how enel got into this conversation :amuse...we never heard from him ever since and it's not like he was that strong anyway and he can't win against luffy since he's a gomu so it would be kinda absurd that he would be the next yankou IMO
another candidate could be marco 'cause he really is strong and even the elders from the WG acknowleged him to be able to stop BB if he caused an uproar so yeah i think he is the best option to be the next yankou:XD

Evil Strawhats
December 19, 2010, 10:05 AM
I think Marco will be the fourth emperor. After Whitebeard dead he is the strongest Member of the former Whitebeard pirates. It seemed even Shanks respected him,Marco controls a Mystical zoan Fruit which works like a Logia. He could control a few of Whitebeards former Territories. A strong pirate crew like Whitebeards won`t just disappear after their captains dead...

Aikidoka
December 20, 2010, 11:24 PM
I've moved this thread to the One Piece section based on Lone Lobo's and the OP's request. If you think this is more suitable for another section, PM me and I can move it again.

On-topic: Yonkou seems to be more of a title given by the WG than an official organization. If that's true, then depending on how infamous BB has gotten he might've been named the new Yonkou. Who knows? Either way, two years is enough time for BB to become as influential as the Yonkou if he wants to...after all, he's been planning this for a while, so maybe he had all the steps ready and enacted them during the timeskip to rise to the top.

frontaLobotomy
December 21, 2010, 11:34 AM
Blackbeard will probably be viewed as a Yonkou by the World Government, but that'll be about it. Teach is aiming to be Pirate King, if the other 2 Yonkou we've yet to see anything of are anything like Whitebeard and Shanks, it would seem they aren't interested in getting to Raftel.

zelllogan
December 21, 2010, 12:43 PM
the answer was given in the last chapter:
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/32383345/13

Yonka & Yonka2 : so two candidates are currently fighting for that spot.

jakeswu
December 26, 2010, 06:11 AM
I don't believe there will be. It's simply not significant in the storyline. As other people have suggested, it's just a title to refer to the most potent pirate crews.

mattiaildivino
December 27, 2010, 09:13 AM
the five elder stars said that there were a lot of pirates who wanted to become the new fourth emperor,and Blackbeard was the strongest.he's strong like an admiral and the level of strngth is:
1)king of pirates;2)emperor ;3)fleet admiral(strong as Dragon);4)admiral;5)shicibukai;6)vice-admiral.
Blackbeard or rufy will become the new emperor,but for rufy it's too soon.

Bigfoot187
December 30, 2010, 07:43 AM
Well we don;t know if Kaido's even alive after Shanks paid him a visit so if he is the fouth is probably Blackbeard or maybe Jimbei. Caus he went out to sea with his crew so maybe he is the new yonko. Another possibility is even Marco of the WB.

BTW pfft People ENEL ain;t comin back he went to fairy vearth or something, he's probably sippin pina's and gettin stoned all day.

ShunketsuXZ
January 03, 2011, 10:45 PM
I'm guessing Blackbeard as well.

mattiaildivino
January 04, 2011, 08:33 AM
Well we don;t know if Kaido's even alive after Shanks paid him a visit

Kaido is surely alive! Shanks had with him only a little fight,and as Shanks has come to the war and he was "healthy" he could have killed another emperor,otherwise he would have been wounded!!!
Shanks is a man who doesn't kill a man like this and anyway,if another emperor had been killed,the world would have known it immediately,while according to "these",we know he's alive http://www.mangareader.net/103-56333-3/one-piece/chapter-595.html .

Omnion_1990
January 06, 2011, 02:37 PM
oi nice sig.

No it doesn't. There's no conclusive proof that there's a new emperor. Four emperors is a static word - Yonkou. Hence why the people who scanlated it put it in inverted commas. It's not supposed to be taken literally as "the number 4" then emperors. Shanks is a yonkou, even after whitebeard died (1 yonkou dead) shanks was still a yonkou or part of the "4 emperors" meaning one of the yonkou can still die and the living would be refereed to as the "four emperors" not "sankou".

Note: im not saying that there isnt another yonkou as the term is coined to the 4 most powerful pirates in the new world (grandline), and another pirate could take the seat if he/she/it had enough power to overthrow marco/whitebeard pirates. im just saying the old man saying where the "four kings" reside doesnt necessarily mean there's a new one.

the five elder stars said that there were a lot of pirates who wanted to become the new fourth emperor,and Blackbeard was the strongest.he's strong like an admiral and the level of strngth is:
1)king of pirates;2)emperor ;3)fleet admiral(strong as Dragon);4)admiral;5)shicibukai;6)vice-admiral.
Blackbeard or rufy will become the new emperor,but for rufy it's too soon.

Lol, that's not the strength level. Garp, a vice-admiral, was strong enough to confront roger (king of pirates) and fight without getting thrashed. even though he declined admiral promotion, his rank was vice-admiral. Also whitebeard, said to be the strongest pirate alive by many equated an admiral (akainu) blow for blow, the latter even incinerating a chunk of whitebeards head off. And kizaru, another admiral, was playing with whitebeard and looking away when within a metre of him.

then we have sengoku (ex-fleet admiral) who #'*&$ slapped ALL of the blackbeard pirates with one shock-wave. My point is it is very hard to seperate out the power-levels at the higher end of the spectrum. ace was able to negate smoker, a captain then, and then negate an admiral (aokiji) but then got slapped by akainu.

mattiaildivino
January 07, 2011, 10:14 AM
Lol, that's not the strength level. Garp, a vice-admiral, was strong enough to confront roger (king of pirates) and fight without getting thrashed. even though he declined admiral promotion, his rank was vice-admiral. Also whitebeard, said to be the strongest pirate alive by many equated an admiral (akainu) blow for blow, the latter even incinerating a chunk of whitebeards head off. And kizaru, another admiral, was playing with whitebeard and looking away when within a metre of him.

then we have sengoku (ex-fleet admiral) who #'*&$ slapped ALL of the blackbeard pirates with one shock-wave. My point is it is very hard to seperate out the power-levels at the higher end of the spectrum. ace was able to negate smoker, a captain then, and then negate an admiral (aokiji) but then got slapped by akainu.
in facts Garp was at an admiral's level.about whitebeard and the admirals,remember that whitebeard defeated in a flash Aokiji,the strongest of the 3,and when akainu hit him,it was because Wb was hurt and had an illness,the same for Kizaru,he hit him when he was hurt.

Omnion_1990
January 10, 2011, 12:53 PM
in facts Garp was at an admiral's level.about whitebeard and the admirals,remember that whitebeard defeated in a flash Aokiji,the strongest of the 3,and when akainu hit him,it was because Wb was hurt and had an illness,the same for Kizaru,he hit him when he was hurt.

Yes I know Garp was "admiral level" and perhaps beyond, but his RANK was vice-admiral. You're equating pure ranks into power, I'm saying you cant' because there's so many variables. And whitebeard did barely anything to Aokiji (who isn't the strongest admiral). He threw a vibration shock wave at him, which didnt do much, and then "stabbed" him with a polearm, which didnt much as well. He was at a stalemate with Aokiji.

akainu > ace = aokiji therefore akainu wins
Hell weve even since what magma did to the large block of ice.
Pretty sure being a light man means kizaru is made of photons so freezing him in ice would be pointless since he would be able to escape.

Astral_Shive
January 17, 2011, 11:59 AM
Don't you guys think Marco can be a new Yonkou ?
He does have power to fight against admirals....

matzik1212
January 17, 2011, 03:14 PM

there were some people who already considered this possibility me included ^_^...i definitely think he's one of the best options for this position 'cause i'm thinking that now he is the leader of the WB pirates and that maybe he is now protecting some of the islands that WB protected when he was alive:XD

mattiaildivino
January 17, 2011, 04:44 PM
in the latest chapter it's been said that there are still 4 emerors,so the first part of the thread's question is done for.

Josef K.
January 17, 2011, 05:15 PM
in the latest chapter it's been said that there are still 4 emerors,so the first part of the thread's question is done for.
Yes Pappug said in the new chapter here (http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/610/13).

Although I would not take the term "Four Emperors" so lightly in Japanese they are called Yonkou if there is no forth emperor then they should have a different name, but if we are judging by the name then yes there are four now, except we don't know who is the fourth. If you ask me I am not sure if some others are still Yonkou, I mean two years is a period of time that can change many things. Who knows even Shanks might not be still one. But that would be too much.

Like I said judging by the term we still should think there are four. Although that is questionable. I mean were there always four, if there weren't, who were the previous ones? Bottom line is we don't really know much about them as a group, more individually, so we can't really judge or discuss on them as a group. Yes I know they don't work together, but there should be some standards to how one "becomes" a Yonkou, right? If so who are they, one that was speculated was that Blackbeard was one because he killed one of them(Whitebeard), but this still does not explain much to how the others got to be called that.

RezzieThaRapper
January 25, 2011, 01:10 AM
Just a suggestion... A small one...

What if it's Crocodile... He seemed pretty determined to rise to the top, and he already held a lot of influence...

Bhoot
January 25, 2011, 05:10 AM
I'd say Blackbeard will be crowned one over time , but not respected by fellow Emperors like they seem to have respect for each other . On another note , it was just be someone not introduced yet .

peleihno
January 26, 2011, 10:03 PM
If there is a new Yonkou then it's likely that bastard Teach.

luffyg2
February 10, 2011, 03:32 PM
its probably going to be BlackBeard.. the guy is one of the strongest, craziest and most dangerous pirate out there

Realtwisted
February 14, 2011, 10:22 AM
Blackbeard though...if he becomes a an Emperor i want him to increase the size of his crew, which is very rare for him to increase the sizie of his crew. Not even bonny could join his crew.

videogamer64
February 15, 2011, 02:57 PM
The Yonkou are known not only for their strength individually but as a crew. Unless Teach lowers his standards it'll be a while before he has a crew large enough to be worthy of filling the position

MaiSiaoSiao
February 15, 2011, 08:11 PM
But teach can be an exception.He can pwnass an entire crew himself.Idk bout an yonkou crew.Maybe half of it will be wipe out except for the captain and the "main members"

Anduren
February 15, 2011, 08:55 PM
I'm sure after two years, if the One Piece world folk still go around talking about the Yonkou and the Shichibukai, there's still 4 Yonkou and 7 Shichibukai by now since there were 2 years for things to settle down.

After all, if there are only 3 Yonkou left, they wouldn't be the Yonkou anymore.... They would be the Sankou.

And if the Shichibukai positions haven't been filled even after two years, I'm sure people would've eventually started calling them the Yonbukai.

Just sayin....

I guess, as far as "who" got those positions, I'm really interested to find out myself. :tem

videogamer64
February 15, 2011, 10:19 PM
I'm sure after two years, if the One Piece world folk still go around talking about the Yonkou and the Shichibukai, there's still 4 Yonkou and 7 Shichibukai by now since there were 2 years for things to settle down.

After all, if there are only 3 Yonkou left, they wouldn't be the Yonkou anymore.... They would be the Sankou.

And if the Shichibukai positions haven't been filled even after two years, I'm sure people would've eventually started calling them the Yonbukai.

Just sayin....

I guess, as far as "who" got those positions, I'm really interested to find out myself. :tem

Come on Buggy

joshua019
February 16, 2011, 10:49 AM

its not about the crew size its about quality

videogamer64
February 16, 2011, 06:37 PM
its not about the crew size its about quality

You need both from what I've seen. Hell. Last we saw Teach didn't even have a proper ship for carrying the few he did have. He'd easily be a Yonkou if he just took the entirety of the level 6 prisoners but only 4 of them met his high standards

Realtwisted
February 17, 2011, 09:27 AM
The Yonkou are known not only for their strength individually but as a crew. Unless Teach lowers his standards it'll be a while before he has a crew large enough to be worthy of filling the position

The is true, but what about Red Hair Pirates? and he is a yonkou.
[hr]

You need both from what I've seen. Hell. Last we saw Teach didn't even have a proper ship for carrying the few he did have. He'd easily be a Yonkou if he just took the entirety of the level 6 prisoners but only 4 of them met his high standards

he only took the best of the best. I am sure they were some level 6 prisoners who escaped.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 17, 2011, 11:27 AM
Realtwisted
Actually Shanks has other Pirates aside of his main crew, so he also has numbers on his side. When he came to Marineford he only got his main crew and others were protecting his territories in the New World.:)

ThEwOrLdEndSwItHmE
March 01, 2011, 04:30 PM
if it isnt BB or Crocodile im sure one of the Supernovas could have potentially filled the spot as they are sure to have gotten stronger as well. that goes for Yonkou and Shichibukai, if not then some new characters may have surfaced. Remember it wasnt just the strawhats training while time stood still, EVERYONE who survived in the NW has grown stronger. The positions ARE filled its just a matter of who. IMO

Nonlife
March 01, 2011, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if BB already has enough followers by now; he can force ANYONE to be his "nakama." (The only impedience for him would be the CRAZY weather in the New World.)

chess4
March 02, 2011, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if BB already has enough followers by now; he can force ANYONE to be his "nakama." (The only impedience for him would be the CRAZY weather in the New World.)

i think so to. i figure he has a pretty big crew

ibi
March 02, 2011, 06:11 PM
Just a suggestion... A small one...

What if it's Crocodile... He seemed pretty determined to rise to the top, and he already held a lot of influence...

i agree, im also expecting big things from crocodile, i think hes more powerful than ppl think, the only reason luffy beat him was after trying bout 4 times with water, at the end of the day he is a powerful logia with some cool powers. But im unsure if two years is enuf time for hime to become a yonkou.

jorped
March 14, 2011, 05:40 PM
i agree, im also expecting big things from crocodile, i think hes more powerful than ppl think, the only reason luffy beat him was after trying bout 4 times with water, at the end of the day he is a powerful logia with some cool powers. But im unsure if two years is enuf time for hime to become a yonkou.

luffy was lucky against Crocodile and in my oppinion Luffy shouldnt have been able to win that fight , Crocodile is supposed to be a very strong character , so no way could he had been defeated by a Luffy as weak as Luffy was on that time, if Luffy beat him on that time, Luffy definitely can beat him now. and even if crocodile became stronger luffy now has a very good contorl over haki , so this time he doesnt even have to use water or blood to win against him.

in my oppinion Crocodile was "killed" too soon, although i liked it on the time , now that i have seen every chapters of OP and have a better knowledge about the strenght of characters , with or withouth dfs, i can clearly see that luffy couldnt have managed to defeat a guy like Crocodile, since that moment that for me Crocodile , although i recognize his strenght i cant expect much of him , so i wont expect him to be able to become a yonkou

eefrit
March 14, 2011, 07:31 PM
I suspect that the new Yonkou is indeed Blackbeard. As for Crocodile I doubt he will be one, however he will indeed be one of the New World Pirates closest to finding One Piece. When the Strawhats reach the final few islands, he will definitely be there along with other strong pirates, like The Supernova's and such.

ibi
March 16, 2011, 01:20 PM
to be honest, we dont actually know what the yonkou are?, we know that there the four strongest pirates in the world but thats about it. what if its there territory and power which allows them to be some sort of body guards to raftel and they all work together, waiting for that special sumone to take down the WG or something. or even protecting something bigger thats on raftel.

Uriel
March 17, 2011, 09:25 AM
I'll BET ON BLACKBEARD (yes, capslock) because He's the main thing to fear right now.

Crocodile...Hum, I say not. He will be a future ally, yes, but no Yonkou.

Jet Piston
March 25, 2011, 04:43 PM
Answer is obvious. The spot is vacant and Luffy will become the next yonkou.

rosco12
March 25, 2011, 05:07 PM
While it s obvious that sooner or later Luffy will have a personal strenght worthy of being called a yonkou. Yonkou are called so because they rule over the new world. Several island are under their control with a strong pirate usually standing guard over the place. However Luffy has no interest in ruling over anyone or anything and probably won t be allied with other crew.

peleihno
March 27, 2011, 10:03 PM
It amuses me to see people proposing Crocodile.

lawlord
March 30, 2011, 01:10 AM
Blackbeard obviously. His crew is already super strong. He has the equal of magellion in his crew, and reputable lvl 6 prisoners. Plus 2 year skip. The gorousi recognised he was the closest to the seat, but thought that Marco may provide resistance. This won't be the case.

Marco is weaker. He would lose in a fight to BB. Like Ace lost, Marco relies on DF. Plus who does marco have to eat BB? Vista+jozu+other commanders. I doubt they could match BB's crew.

He has knowledge of WB's territories and will take them over easily with his crews power. He will be the 4th yonkou.

Silly stuff like buggy being yonkou would make a mockery out of one peice. Shicibukai is okay since the position is about making others fear you and is as much about reputation as strength. But yonkou are universally feared and respected.

The only one who can fulfill this roll is BB. He will fight Luffy's crew later and fighting a yonkou who is himself aiming for PK is the only suitable enemy for Luffy's crew.

I will be in shock if BB is not the yonkou. I wouldn't like random super strong people being introduced now we have a rough road map as to the strength of the OP series. Admirals, yonkou 4x pirates, we got to see ones power (wb and shanks), NW pirates did nothing special in the war so seeing a brand new yonkou will be an asspull.

BB for yonkou. That guy could possibly 1v1 anyone in the entire OP world right now. After 2 years of mastering those abiliites he will be above admiral EASILY. Without a doubt. Earthquake and DF nullifying abilities. Very scary. Definitely deserves position of yonkou.

2 years I hope he has a new outfit makes him look better and a new ship etc. Will be good to hear about the world.

IchiMizu
April 01, 2011, 02:38 AM
Sorry, but I think it be Luffy. You look form start to now, he get really strong and powerful. All emporers need to be strong and I think Luffy at end of manga many year from now, you see he will be emperor. This give manga happy ending and show you how Luffy is best among all men and all people look up to him. You see how his nakama all love Luffy so he best as emperor.

MaiSiaoSiao
April 01, 2011, 07:23 AM
Sorry, but I think it be Luffy. You look form start to now, he get really strong and powerful. All emporers need to be strong and I think Luffy at end of manga many year from now, you see he will be emperor. This give manga happy ending and show you how Luffy is best among all men and all people look up to him. You see how his nakama all love Luffy so he best as emperor.

Impossible.How can the pirate king be just an emperor?Its gotta be someone else.Either BB for now then someone else later.

Zeltrax
April 01, 2011, 07:26 AM
I thought BB being a yonkou is obvious enough and is inevitable, lol.
So I don't see any point discussing, I'm sorry. Anyway, I'll say BB is definitely Yonkou unless theres another role higher than that.

But if BB isn't , then I'll say Eustass Kid. Just because he's so badass.

Ninja_Pirate
April 05, 2011, 08:11 AM
i wonder that was there the system of yonkou s when Roger became the pirate king... WB was thr .. shiki was thr... if its so imp to b yonkou before becoming PK then definitely spot will be for luffy... but all yonkou seem to have huge no. of pirates .. rogers crew seem pretty small to me to take lot of islands under him which seem to be one of the criteria to be a yonkou.. pirate king gives idea of freedom of own to go through seas without restriction rather than making territories...

Uff,, the generation is ruined.... :p

karamm
April 12, 2011, 11:12 PM
I have a feeling Don Flamingo is the new Yonkou.

buntaga21
April 13, 2011, 06:12 AM
Don Flamingo is a Shichibukai and his Market will fall apart if he becomes a Yonkou, since it's near the Marine HQ... So, no I don't think he'll be one.

My choice would be Blackbeard. o.o

Kyo3ooo
April 21, 2011, 05:07 AM
Don Flamingo is a Shichibukai and his Market will fall apart if he becomes a Yonkou, since it's near the Marine HQ... So, no I don't think he'll be one.

My choice would be Blackbeard. o.o

Dofla no longer cares about that. And i don't think the government knows he is the true owner of the human auction shop.

During the war, Dofla seemed to want to recrute for a powerful crew (starting by Crocodile), but we can't know his motives for sure ..
He also seemed to still befriend the marines for the moment. Well, a lot could've happened in 2 years but I don't think Dofla will leave his shichibukai position without us knowing it.

zetruz
June 25, 2011, 05:13 AM
The thing about the Yonkou is that they all have a massive amount of followers, without their allies they would be unable to rule the New World.
Blackbeard is surely Yonkou-level, but does he have many followers? Will he really be interested in ruling a part of the New World? I'm not certain he's a Yonkou, or will ever be one in fact.

Davidgabrieltaylor
July 16, 2011, 05:55 PM
I really think it will be Black Beard as well for one of them and Enel is an interesting thought but he is obviously too insane to ever coexist with actual pirates. I didn't read every post here so i don't know if anyone said this or not but why not Marco the Phoenix? His power is beyond that of any logia users. He was unaffected by Shanks Haki. He cannot be hurt by any of the admirals even. The sea stone handcuffs were placed on him during the battle for the obvious reason that if he wasn't restrained then he could have impacted that war more than the injured white beard even. It also makes sense that he be one of the yonkou as white beard's successor. He has power, reputation, and crew. If he wasn't white beard's successor in every way i would be surprised.

Also what about Dracule Mihawk. Zoro's powers have improved beyond that of any warlord i am just assuming at this point. Mihawk is too apathetic to be a government puppet for long and assuming how strong zoro is from what he's shown us in the current manga, Mihawk must be on a whole other level to have trained someone beyond that of a warlord. If Luffy's main battle is with BB (which it should be for revenge for starting the chain of events ultimately killing his brother and for one piece) then zoro's should be on that level as well considering that Luffy and Zoro are about the same in strength and fight opponents similar in strength in every arc. Also remember how Mihawk approaches Shanks as equals when they meet and just gives off the impression that they are indeed comparable.

mattiaildivino
July 17, 2011, 08:30 AM

yes,he or blackbeard. one of these 2 will be the new emperor.

fleshcut
September 07, 2011, 01:24 PM
I would love to see Law as the new one. He seems to be able to get crew members pretty fast and he does have a plan. Who knows he could even have one of the other super nova under his crew now :D. BB would be the boring answer

Netero
September 08, 2011, 07:25 PM
I think Marco will be the new Yonkou.

Kyodai Senkan Mora
September 08, 2011, 08:07 PM
I think Marco will be the new Yonkou.

I second this.BB may be strong and have a crew of about 8 strong people but that is not nearly enough IMO.Marco is strong as well, has youth on his side and command of ALL of whitebeard's forces including the remaining 12 commanders and probably their new world allies.....he easily takes this IMHO..Even the Gorousei mentioned him as being capable of countering the force of nature that is BB

Netero
September 08, 2011, 11:18 PM
Yeah, Marco has a solid reputation in the new world, he can fight evenly with the admirals. He also has all of WB crew etc.

MaiSiaoSiao
September 09, 2011, 04:47 AM
Marco is strong but not strong enough to be a yonkou IMO.Sure he has the ex WB crews/allies on his side but numbers mean nothing to BB.

dark dolphin
September 09, 2011, 09:14 AM
I think that marco will be new yankou

winterwyrm
September 09, 2011, 09:31 AM
captain kid for yonkou 2012!

Kyodai Senkan Mora
September 10, 2011, 02:30 AM
captain kid for yonkou 2012!
Nuh the guy is too weak and his df not exactly threatening.even b4 ts it took his crew plus law's to beat a pacifista while the strawhats did one in on their own...Luffy is the best candidate for this among the supernovae not that he's gonna be one though

mattiaildivino
September 10, 2011, 10:57 AM
I think that at admiral level there are 3 pirates: Marco,Teach and Rufy.but to become an emperor you have to be as strong as shanks. I mean,the emeperos were those that could fight pretty well against Whitebeard,and an admiral had no possibilities against WB.then I don't think there is someone able to become emperor.

hoeru
September 11, 2011, 04:17 PM
if there are again seven shichibukai and if buggy is one of them - then yes, theres going to be a new yonko. and imho its going to be blackbeard, and i think he probably already took down some of the wb divisions or allied pirates.

mattiaildivino
September 12, 2011, 04:17 PM
Marco is strong but not strong enough to be a yonkou IMO.Sure he has the ex WB crews/allies on his side but numbers mean nothing to BB.

marco is at admiral level,blackbeard is at that elvel too,but he escaped when akainu reached him. I think he would have won but I don't understand why he escaped. he could fight akainu while his crewmates was defeating the other marines and even helping BB. I think that time BB was in advantage with his crew,but maybe akainu is stronger than him,then BB isn't at admiral level yet,and marco is stronger than him.

Yassop
November 11, 2011, 02:25 AM
Well i was just reading the Manga and read the Chapter 594. There in that chapter the four elders were talking about the aftermath of whitebeard and said that Blackbeard is a candidate for becoming an emperor and he could be stopped by "One of the Four Emperors" or by the remnants of the white beard pirates.
This means that Blackbeard has not become emperor. It is somebody else and as in the other chapters it has been said that Blackbeard, Kid and drake are doing whatever they want in the New World so this means that neither of them has become an emperor.

Schabrak
November 11, 2011, 03:55 AM
How does that mean that he hasn't? It just says could, that's a maybe Imo, one rather unlikely possibility keeping in mind that Blackbeard will be on of the last adversaries. What they meant by doing what they want is that they roam free, like Luffy will do or as Roger may have done and Shanks still is, living as they want to.

Yassop
November 11, 2011, 11:32 AM
yes but i again repeat that in Chapter 594 the four elders were talking about the aftermath of whitebeard and said that Blackbeard is a candidate for becoming an emperor and he could be stopped by "One of the Four Emperors" or by the remnants of the white beard pirates.

MMolch
November 11, 2011, 02:22 PM
yes but i again repeat that in Chapter 594 the four elders were talking about the aftermath of whitebeard and said that Blackbeard is a candidate for becoming an emperor and he could be stopped by "One of the Four Emperors" or by the remnants of the white beard pirates.

I hope you know that chapter 594 lies chronically before the time skip? there surely wasn't a new yonkou after a few days since whitebeard died ...

Bigfoot187
November 11, 2011, 07:21 PM
Hmm if BB has the 2 strongest DF in OP couldnt he just go and defeat the rest of the yonkous?

having the strongest DF doesn't make you the strongest man, look at WB he wasn't just strong bbecuz of his DF but also his haki including the conquerers haki.

Yassop
November 12, 2011, 02:18 AM
Well i also thought that Blackbeard will be the Fourth Emperor but while watching the anime in which the elders were talking about the death of whitebeard just after the war. They said these words. After that i read the manga again and i found out the same words there too. This means that there already was a fourth emperor. He might not be as powerful as whitebeard but might have big enough influence as Kid, Drake and Blackbeard has post time skip and that's how after the death of whitebeard he took the position of whitebeard as an emperor.

What i also believe that by naming Blackbeard with Kid and Drake many a times in the manga in which pirates are saying that they are doing what ever they want in the New World, Oda has told us that these three are at the same level right now and haven't become emperors yet.

Schabrak
November 12, 2011, 05:26 AM
I hope that you realize that the translation of "Yonkou" is literally "Four Emeperors" and that's why they said that.^^ As in Yondaime in Naruto being the forth kage too. We don't know if there were always four pirates in control of the New World or if that title was first given for WB, Shanks, Big Mam and Kaidou though.

Jassaray
November 17, 2011, 06:52 PM
Whitebeard's death has raised questions about the Yonkou that we don't have enough information to answer. The following makes it hard:

1. We do not know why the Yonkou were given this title. The term Yonkou could have come from anywhere, most likely given by the WG to classify the greatest threats in the New World.

2. We do not know how the Yonkou obtain this title. This is key, because for anyone to take the place of Whitebeard, they need to actually be classified as a Yonkou and that process is unknown. I speculate that it is merely applied to a pirate who has proven themselves as a match for the New World and the WG.

3. The Yonkou do not seem to interact like an established force. Even Shanks and WB had a cautious relationship. Kaidou and Big Mam are unknowns, but Shanks was fighting with Kaidou before the War of the Best so it's assumed that they are not buddies.

My theory is that the Yonkou are named so only by survival of the fittest. Perhaps it is that when a Yonkou is defeated, the victor shall take their place. Who knows, but I look forward to seeing more of them once we move past FI.

MihawkAce
January 14, 2012, 01:13 PM

They arent the most powerful DF in OP remember that the power of a DF is based on the user not precisley the fruit and secondly not realy shanks could beat the crap real fast out of Black Beard if we remember when he captured bonney he ran because akainu was on the marine ships and he himself said he wasnt ready to take on a Vice Admiral and ime thinking a yonkou has got to be atleast as strong as a vice admiral if not stronger

UnknownMugiwara
January 14, 2012, 03:03 PM
Akainu was a admiral, not a Vice admiral..

mattiaildivino
January 15, 2012, 04:08 PM
They arent the most powerful DF in OP remember that the power of a DF is based on the user not precisley the fruit and secondly not realy shanks could beat the crap real fast out of Black Beard if we remember when he captured bonney he ran because akainu was on the marine ships and he himself said he wasnt ready to take on a Vice Admiral and ime thinking a yonkou has got to be atleast as strong as a vice admiral if not stronger

jeez,yonkous are stronger than admirals(except garp,who is/was at a higher level,although i think yonkous are stronger than him nonetheless).if an admiral were stronger than an emperor,that admiral would capture the yonkou,while another admiral holds his crew.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

who said that those 2 are the strongest ones? I thought ener's DF was the "supreme rogia" therefore it was stronger than BB's. and you can't say that its name was given because they didn't know about the rogia of darkness,since both sanji and BB read a book where there were every DF and explanations about their powers.

Kaiten
January 16, 2012, 02:15 PM
Where exactly did it say that Yonkou are stronger than Admiral? I do believe you have misinterpreted how power levels work in One Piece. Power levels have never been judged on the basis of one on one fights. Oda has made it very clear that the Marine, Shichibukai, and Yonkou are so powerful individually that there was (prior to the war) a stalemate between the three powers. No side is strong enough to win a decisive victory, a one on one battle would leave the victor in so compromised that their own position would be weakened. The war is indisputable canon evidence of this. Whitebeard was defeated but the political consequences of winning have been dire for the marine. Aoikiji, Garp, and Sengoku have all left over how the war was conducted. That is three very powerful, very senior figures. Whitebeards death has also destabilized the New World and forced an overhaul of Marine strategy. We have irrefutable proof that the Marines can defeat a Yonkou, we also have proof that Marine power was eroded as a consequence. Most importantly: one on one battles are immaterial to the plot of One Piece. This is not Bleach, Naruto, or Dragonball Z.

Blackbeard now possesses Whitebeards Gura Gura no Mi, a devil fruit that Sengoku claims "has the power to destroy the world" here (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v57/c552/15.html) and here (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v57/c552/16.html). Furthermore his Yami Yami no Mi has the ability to drain the power from all classes of devil fruit user, but is particularly effective against logia users. In theory if Blackbeard were to meet Enel he could simply drain him of his power by touching him. Ultimately any discussion about Enel being more powerful than other characters is meaningless with absolutely no place in a discussion about the plot. He was defeated, no longer in the story, and any speculation about his return is no different than fan fiction or shipping. There is no evidence that he will or will not return. I have no idea why so much mythology has evolved around him but it really has no bearing on plot of One Piece and no place in discussion about any post-Skypeia plot developments.

Schabrak
January 16, 2012, 06:32 PM
Maybe because Oda mentioned that Enels bounty would be around 500 million Berry and that would make him some high mid tier/lower top tier character. Don't forget that the only reason Luffy able to beat him was due to his rubber body[+will] and nothing else, he wasn't able to use hai back than. One could say that Enel has a defense like Caribou, but that's just not true because of his Mantra feat and DF ability.

And yeah it's not about one-on-ones, okay maybe for Shichibukai it is.^^
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3217/opysmbalance.png

BlackHair
January 16, 2012, 11:23 PM
Well this is surely one old thread.

Bleackbeard or Marco the Phönix.
So it turned out to be Blackbeard after all. I thought he was more like darker version of Luffy, just interested in the title PK, nothing else. No alliance fleet or territory. But in the end Oda once again broke my thoughts. Even Luffy who declared not being interested in any territory is about to make FI his turf.

So BB crushed Marco I guess.

Zehahaha
January 17, 2012, 06:45 AM
He made FI his turf just because he became friend with them, it was pretty clear.
Also, I do hope Luffy will not end up having allied crews with him, I don't want that, Roger didn't seem to have any unlike Shiki(Roger vs Shiki).

Kaiten
January 17, 2012, 01:58 PM
Well this is surely one old thread.

So it turned out to be Blackbeard after all. I thought he was more like darker version of Luffy, just interested in the title PK, nothing else. No alliance fleet or territory. But in the end Oda once again broke my thoughts. Even Luffy who declared not being interested in any territory is about to make FI his turf.

So BB crushed Marco I guess.

The war seems to have left the Whitebeard pirates so depleted that they could no longer maintain their territory. Big Mom seized Fishman Island, Blackbeard began seizing other islands. The balance of power at work: for how strong Whitebeard and his crew were attacking Marineford was still suicidal. Marco is no doubt a very strong pirate, I am sure he could defeat almost anyone in a one on one fight. But a captain is only as good as his crew and the Whitebeard pirates lost quite a few sailors at Marineford. Not only strong, front line fighters but foot soldiers too. Blackbeard on the other hand emerged from the war stronger: not only did he gain Whitebeards Gura Gura no Mi, he brought all of those freed Level 6 prisoners with him to the New World.

How would you feel if you had just saved an island only to have it threatened by a Yonkou. I'd be pissed off enough to fight Big Mom for control of Fishman Island too. It is not like he is going to claim to be overlord of Fishman Island, he is simply promising to protect friends. Raising the flag of the Strawhats does not mean that he is seizing territory but offering his protection should they be threatened again, much like Whitebeard did in the past.

He made FI his turf just because he became friend with them, it was pretty clear.
Also, I do hope Luffy will not end up having allied crews with him, I don't want that, Roger didn't seem to have any unlike Shiki(Roger vs Shiki).

Not quite yet, he still has to beat Big Mom. After that Fishman Island is his turf and he replaces her as a Yonkou.

I think he will have allied crews after he becomes Pirate King, for the final confrontation with the World Government. The Revolutionaries will come to his aid, so will Shanks. Maybe other friends made along the way will aid him as well: Alabasta, The Heart Pirates, Boa Hancock, the Shipwrights of Waters 7, the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates, and the Newkama could all conceivably unite under Luffy's banner during the final war. I don't know as he will have a Whitebeard size flotilla before the end of the series though. I personally hope to see the Strawhats remain a small crew until the Raftel arc.

tret16
January 17, 2012, 04:57 PM
i pretty much agree with everything Kaiten has stated. Luffy didn't conquor any territory, like Kaiten stated he is simply doin what's best for hs friends. If that means taking a territory away from someone, then so be it. So technically Luffy hasn't gone againts his words when he said he didn't want to conquor anything. If you look at it from another point of view, you could say that FI isn't the first island that he has claimed anyway's. If you look at Alabasta, that whole island already stands behind Luffy.

As for people sayin that they wouldn't like for the mugiwara to have allied crews... Well your a little late for that. Like Kaiten said, he's already got the newkama, alabasta, water 7, Amazons and the rest of the whitebeard pirates. it's been obvious from the start of the manga that Luffy was the type of person that would have a lot of friends, and friends help eachother in a tough time. So when it comes to fighting the WG his friends are naturally goin to help him. They aren't goin to join his crew, they are simply goin to help the crew. There's a big difference. As for Roger, he never needed a big crew because he never had a big war againts the WG. He simply lived his life the way he wanted and the WG followed him.

Zehahaha
January 17, 2012, 06:09 PM
Not talking about that... But I don't them to have allied crews just like WB, not before they reach Raftel at least.

Uriel
January 17, 2012, 06:12 PM
I was thinking that Luffy could be. Not in the same way we're thinking a Yonkou. It will be more as "freeing" the islands He arrives. People will start to call him a Yonkou if He defeats Big Mom (And it's very likely He will do so if everything keeps more and less as it is) even if the title doesn't fit him properly.

So I'll make the call that Luffy will be the next Yonkou after defeating Big Mom. The crew, however, will remain small.

Kaiten
January 17, 2012, 06:18 PM
I doubt that Luffy will ever form a fleet the way that Whitebeard did, I think that his allies will join when he needs them. Assuming that the time is right. Shanks likely will not aid Luffy until after he is Pirate King. Once Big Mom is defeated Luffy is a rival, in a sense.

When Luffy said he would not take territory I think he was implying that he would not be like Crocodile or Big Mom. He will never become the puppet ruler of an island, like Crocodile. He will never demand tribute in exchange for protection, like Big Mom. As he travels through the New World he will offer to protect any friendly islands, no strings attached. If Big Mom is going to mess with Fishman Island, then she is also messing with Luffy. The same goes for islands that have not been visited yet. He will become the real successor to Whitebeard, a benevolent power in the New World to balance Blackbeards expanding domain.

Now that it is kind of obvious that Luffy will defeat and replace Big Mom, does anyone think that one of the other Supernova will defeat Kaido? There is not much evidence for it, but I would like to think it will happen. It would be a great plot twist if an ally, such as Law, becomes a Yonkou too.

Uriel
January 17, 2012, 06:25 PM
That would be actually quite interesting, but I would like to see Kaidou defeated also by Luffy. It would be interesting if Shanks is defeated by a supernova, though :O

Zehahaha
January 17, 2012, 08:23 PM
I'd like for Luffy to defeat all the Yonko himself, to completely destroy this balance to emerge as the PK... But yeah I'm asking too much from Oda XD

tret16
January 17, 2012, 09:04 PM
i like the idea of one of the other supernova's taking the place of yonkou, but i can't see Law being the first one... I would see Kidd being the one to replace Kaidou. Law would be more along the lines of replacing Shanks. The reason for this is because it seems that there is also a balance in place for the Yonkou. Two good Yonkou and two bad ones. So if were looking at it, Luffy and Law would be the good ones and Blackbeard and Kidd would be the bad ones.

Kaiten
January 18, 2012, 02:54 PM
That would be actually quite interesting, but I would like to see Kaidou defeated also by Luffy. It would be interesting if Shanks is defeated by a supernova, though :O

Good luck with that :p

I'd like for Luffy to defeat all the Yonko himself, to completely destroy this balance to emerge as the PK... But yeah I'm asking too much from Oda XD

Even if Kaido is defeated and replaced it is not out of the question, depending on the role of the new Yonkou. If Kidd becomes a Yonkou he would be an enemy of Luffy, most likely.

i like the idea of one of the other supernova's taking the place of yonkou, but i can't see Law being the first one... I would see Kidd being the one to replace Kaidou. Law would be more along the lines of replacing Shanks. The reason for this is because it seems that there is also a balance in place for the Yonkou. Two good Yonkou and two bad ones. So if were looking at it, Luffy and Law would be the good ones and Blackbeard and Kidd would be the bad ones.

There are three Supernova that I think could realistically defeat Kaidou: Kidd, Drake, and Law. I hope it is Law as that would truly wreck the balance of power. Rather than the four rival Yonkou before the war suddenly there would be three friendly Yonkou: Shanks, Luffy, and Law. I think that would be a really interesting direction to take. There will be a confrontation between Kidd and Luffy at some point, I have no doubt. Making him a Yonkou too would make that confrontation all the more interesting.

Ultimately I think Drake is the most likely. While the pirate he confronted was fodder, Drake laid claim to an island of Kaidou's, effectively declaring war two years ago. It would not surprise me at all if Drake emerges victorious and establishes himself as a Yonkou. We still know very little about him, whether he will be friendly or antagonistic towards Luffy, what his DF power is, etc. Making him a Yonkou could result in some very interesting, unforeseen plot twists.

I do not think Shank's will be replaced. I think he will put his own ambitions aside and become an ally of Luffy's late in the series. Do not forget that he was on Rogers ship and may already know the location of Raftel. While nothing more than speculation it is possible that he, like Whitebeard, has no interest in becoming Pirate King. Or he know longer has any interest, for whatever reason.

Zehahaha
January 18, 2012, 05:59 PM
I don't think that this whole Yonko thing will continue, obviously Luffy is gonna defeat BM, we can speculate wether Kaido will be taken out or not, but anyway, it will become chaos in the NW, the balance will crumble, I don't think that there will be replacement of the Yonko and that's it.

Kaiten
January 18, 2012, 07:23 PM
Yonkou does not seem to be a formal designation but something in popular use in the New World. It seems to be a designation used by other pirates and citizens of the New World to refer to crews that can be reckoned great powers. Blackbeard was proclaimed a yonkou by the public here (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/64985431/8) and here (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/64985431/9) because he was able to assert authority over Whitebeard's old territory. The term will likely fall out of use later in the series, once Luffy and Blackbeard are so strong that no other rivals remain. Until then I think the four most powerful pirates will be referred to as Yonkou, by popular acclaim.

The death of Whitebeard already upset the balance of power. A new order is beginning to emerge, with Akainu as Fleet Admiral and Blackbeard as the new Yonkou, but it seems that the pre-war order is gone and new order has yet to fully exert itself. I assume that we will learn more about the post-Whitebeard New World during this arc, even before Luffy meats Mom.

xeteboi
January 19, 2012, 05:50 AM
It would be quite interesting that after he defeats Bigmom, Luffy will become a yonkou, yes.. it is a ladder in conquering New World to become PK.. could you imagine Luffy teaming up with Shanks after beating BigMom? cause right now I cant see Shanks to handle the BB pirates..

tret16
January 19, 2012, 03:04 PM
Even if Kaido is defeated and replaced it is not out of the question, depending on the role of the new Yonkou. If Kidd becomes a Yonkou he would be an enemy of Luffy, most likely.

There are three Supernova that I think could realistically defeat Kaidou: Kidd, Drake, and Law. I hope it is Law as that would truly wreck the balance of power. Rather than the four rival Yonkou before the war suddenly there would be three friendly Yonkou: Shanks, Luffy, and Law. I think that would be a really interesting direction to take. There will be a confrontation between Kidd and Luffy at some point, I have no doubt. Making him a Yonkou too would make that confrontation all the more interesting.

Ya, i have said this once before. When it comes to Luffy, Kidd and law, they are like another version of Roger, Shiki and whitebeard. Luffy being Roger, Kidd being Shiki and Law being Whitebeard. As for you thinking Drake as the one to replace Kaidou, there nothing stating that couldn't happen. Everything seems to point towards it as well. But i just don't find him that strong with his T-Rex DF. Al he seemed to be able to do is bite his enemy with that ability. I will have to see alot more before i can feel happy about him being concidered a replacement. The fact that he's an ex marine too kinda makes me route againts him in getting the title.