PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 216 Discussion/ 217 Predictions

ghostexiled
December 18, 2010, 09:22 AM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current translation here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/216/)

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/64212226/1

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

BlackHair
December 26, 2010, 05:40 PM
FT 216 is OUT on MS - The essence of Magic
(http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/64212226/1)

sarutobi_sensei
December 26, 2010, 05:52 PM
Oh my god. He died. He actually died! OMG!

Makarov is dead!

Hades is just amazing! He almost destroyed the entire island!

Simply a good chapter, but I'm sad that Makarov died :|

But Luxus has inherited the guild now. Oh damn, how will they defeat Hades? With Luxus's help? Damn... Looks like they got this lost right now.

Really looking forward for the next chapters.

Lost magic? Could it be that we see Ur Tear fighting already?

ophidial
December 26, 2010, 05:56 PM
He's not dead yet but geez thats was a ass pounding!
Seriously if marakov feel so easily who the hell can stop them except zeref himself.

BlackHair
December 26, 2010, 06:02 PM
WTF is wrong with this chapter. That was not even close to what I expected. How the hell can he go down without even scratching his enemy? I thought Makarov was one of the strongest in the world, yet he goes down rather easily.

Honestly who can beat this guy? Hades is way to overhyped, apart from Zeref. Hopefully Masihma isn't pulling another Aizen. Cause that was crapy. Hopefully there is sth behind Hades, which might explain his power even though he is older than Makarov.

Makarov is dead!He ain't dead yet. But I do see the curtains falling for him. Sarutobi, Whiebeard now most likely Makarov. Great leader are falling.

sarutobi_sensei
December 26, 2010, 06:11 PM
Even if he is not dead yet, he will be soon enough. I give him 1 more chapter so that he can somehow meet some of the members that are there, probably Natsu, Wendy and Gazeel and tell them something important. Really I'm can see that if he isn't dead yet.

Another interesting thing that could happen would be Zeref talking to him after Hades leaves.

ikuroi
December 26, 2010, 06:29 PM
Awesome, the return of Laxus is sure to be grande :D

Rowel
December 26, 2010, 06:31 PM
A Damn good chapter.

Sorry to see Makrov die, really saddening.

But damn Hades is strong, even for being an old man. Guess GH isn't a pushover guild after all. Seems like they'll play a bigger part in the overall story.

And Luxus becoming guild master, he deserves it. After the change of heart he had before coupled with his grandfathers death I feel he'll be motivated to make his grandfather proud and will do all he can to make amends.

This arc is really quite an excellent story changer.

Fê - forever alone
December 26, 2010, 06:33 PM
Lucy, oh my dear Lucy !!!!*--------------*

Wow, Hades's speed is incredible. He can prepare that much of strong magic seals and that fast. Even more interesting is the essence of magic, which resides in darkness - contrary to the FT lifestyle, it must be why he left the guild and was venturing around the world. Or not, lol.

But I liked this new approach to the topic of magic.
---

Despite Maka already be nearing his end, there is no certainty that FT will really lose, although all evidence shows that it will.

However, Hades's objective is to find and awaken Zeref, then destroy FT, so, there are still many chances that FT could eventually win, if Gildartz comes back and now with Luxus appearing so "suddenly" like that, lol.
---

I also think that being a pseudo-DS is something to consider, as only one DS can defeat other DS, even if it is pseudo, but depends on the level of power, of course.

I bet my chips on Erza to be the new master, but would be very cool if it was Kana, I guess.
---

And well, Zeref is still a good boy, he can/could fight for FT for a while, lol.

BlackHair
December 26, 2010, 06:34 PM
Honestly I wished for Gildartz to take over, instead of Laxus. But at the same time for Laxus to return. Gildartz is probably more wise and definitely the stronger one. I guess that means Mashima will send him on a another journey very soon.

Anyway as along Hades is around, FT is doomed. Even if Laxus and Gildartz would come back. Seriously Makarov lost without even scratching Hades.

meepers4982
December 26, 2010, 06:35 PM
i think this was a great chapter. Finally! someone who fairytail cant win against, it will lead to a much more interesting arc then the previous arcs. AND YES LAXUS IS BACK! i was missing him, hopefully he will inherit the guild, the way he was acting after his fight with natsu was very acceptable...i cant wait till next year when we get the next chapter.

edit: okay now that my ranting is done...i think the essence of magic comes from the dragons, why else would it be considered evil (if we use the black dragon as a reference). Plus dragon slayer magic is considered and 'ancient magic', I think there is a very high possibility that this arc will reveal more about the mysteries of dragon slayer magic and zeref (as the two seem somewhat connected).

Rarhyx
December 26, 2010, 06:42 PM
go laxus, go laxus!
i hope he will join the battle >.<

Fê - forever alone
December 26, 2010, 06:42 PM
Next chapter's name may be related with Ultear, Zerefo, Dragon Slayers, some other guy from the SK, and even vith the master Mavis, that would be interesting.

Zatono
December 26, 2010, 06:53 PM
I was going to post some huge wall of text on how great this chapter was and the possibilities now that we've seen Luxus again, but I won't. I'll just say that we have a lot to look forward to in 2011.

ExRachel
December 26, 2010, 06:55 PM
Awhh... Master Hades, I didn't expect you to do that!
I wonder if Laxus has that feeling that his loved one is hurt, he follows his senses and defeats Hades. And then theres a big win for Fairy Tail.

I expect Meldy and Wendy to fight since they both don't know how to, it'll be fair, Wendy has advantages though... Or not..
I also think Natsu and the other guy the same element as him. Ultear might fight Gray. I have no idea who Cana is gonna fight..

Here is my expectations : The 7 kin vs. The 7 "S-Class material
' of fairy tail and there partners will prolly help. The other random people will help too. like gildarts and stuff

exacta
December 26, 2010, 07:16 PM
WTF is wrong with this chapter. That was not even close to what I expected. How the hell can he go down without even scratching his enemy? I thought Makarov was one of the strongest in the world, yet he goes down rather easily.

Honestly who can beat this guy? Hades is way to overhyped, apart from Zeref. Hopefully Masihma isn't pulling another Aizen. Cause that was crapy. Hopefully there is sth behind Hades, which might explain his power even though he is older than Makarov.

He ain't dead yet. But I do see the curtains falling for him. Sarutobi, Whiebeard now most likely Makarov. Great leader are falling.

Should you really be surprised?? I mean that guy was Makarovs master. I honestly was not surprised at all.

Its about time someone kicks Fairy Tails ass. The good guys have had way too many victories, they haven't suffered enough defeats, if any true defeats at all. This one should motivate the members to get stronger. Nice to know that for once screaming about nakama isn't going to be a big enough power boost to defeat the antagonists lol. Mashima did that soooooo much in Rave, it killed the manga for me.

Ero-Sanji
December 26, 2010, 07:25 PM
F*cking awesome!!

Sorry for cursing but this is just too much. First of all Fairy tail is screwd as I said, second of all Laxus is finally back and third Makarov lost like a little mouse against a Lion. WOW!

Too bad though, I had high hopes for Makarov's skills but you know what they say, there's always someone better.

Anyway, Yeah, ha! Laxus is taking over!

BlackHair
December 26, 2010, 07:56 PM
Should you really be surprised?? I mean that guy was Makarovs master. I honestly was not surprised at all.Guild-Master yes, but as far as I know not his teacher. This fight was nothing like those 0815 cliché master-student fights, in which the one could predict the other's techniques. Hades was simply faster, stronger and better. Moreover he had no signs of age issues, as Macarov did.

So yes Im surprised, that this match was one-sided. Yet I read some ppl saying that Laxus may have better chance beating him. Honestly there shouldn't be anyone in FT who could stand to this guy, he is a freaking monster. Beating a Macarov without dropping a sweat.

ExRachel
December 26, 2010, 08:14 PM
Guild-Master yes, but as far as I know not his teacher. This fight was nothing like those 0815 cliché master-student fights, in which the one could predict the other's techniques. Hades was simply faster, stronger and better. Moreover he had no signs of age issues, as Macarov did.

So yes Im surprised, that this match was one-sided. Yet I read some ppl saying that Laxus may have better chance beating him. Honestly there shouldn't be anyone in FT who could stand to this guy, he is a freaking monster. Beating a Macarov without dropping a sweat.

There is no surprise, I mean he said to his former master we wasn't gonna fight, So obviously he was going to loose. And since he was his master he would be able to beat him.. It's like Erza trying to defeat Makarov. And also been thinking that Laxus is wayy too weak. He got knocked out by Natsu, who wasn't able to defeat Gildarts. I think now Zeref will something like "I started this war, I'm gonna end it" And kill himself, Ultear raving And right before that zeref tells natsu who he really is in his life.

Then Grimoire Heart will have no reason there whatsoever so they'll leave
otherwise, Zeref will fight Hades, While the guildsman are tearing eachother apart. Anyway in the end, The people from fairy tail who saved their island thanks to zeref will all be S-class.. the expectations are endless... Therefore you don't need to be surprised.

morau-san
December 26, 2010, 08:38 PM
alot of people stated that makarov couldn't die until him ivan and luxus met again.... well were about to see this "plot armor" fully tested. i personally think makarov is gonna die after this. alot of people dont take a magic blast thru the chest and live to tell about it.

also im wondering what happened with the GH ship? can it auto dock? lol

tobeulp
December 26, 2010, 08:56 PM
Fairy Tail will definitely lose here and Makarov will probably die and Laxus will be the new leader and it is time for payback!!!..
There is no way that Grimoire will lose now given that Hades is still in top shape..
Fairy Tail should replace Naruto in the big 3 Naruto is now have a sh!t arc now..

vongola_x
December 26, 2010, 09:16 PM
This would be an interesting time for Laxus to make a reappearance, don't you think?

It's probably not going to happen so soon, but it's definitely something to ponder.

Hmm... I stand corrected.

Curryman
December 26, 2010, 09:23 PM
I don't know why everyone thinks Laxus has no chance. He's obviously going to come back with some uber power-up, I doubt he wasted all this time just not doing shit. Add the fact that he's good now plus he's going to fight to avenge his grandpappy and shonen rules say he can't possibly lose.

I'm sure he's going to get help though...hopefully from Gildartz and not Natsu of all people...I think Natsu defeating Hades would be too much of an asspull for me but a Natsu+Laxus combination with Natsu getting the finishing blow in is what is most likely going to happen.

Hopefully Urtear fights Gray next chapter and we will find out why she hates her mother or why she's evil.

Freid
December 26, 2010, 09:24 PM
If I were Makarov, I would have stayed down until Hades was gone then would have used Fairy Law. If it could be countered while already in effect then, well, I guess that wouldn't work.

Still, Glad to see Laxus again cause people like him make Fairy tail so much more bad ass. Anyway, Hades will go down eventually. That's certain. I wonder what kind of upgrades Laxus would have gained since though.

chess4
December 26, 2010, 09:36 PM
markorov was completely outclassed. fairy tail has no chance this arc. we all knew someone would die this arc, seems like it will be markorov. i always liked laxus, but him becoming guild master i doubt it. i think gildartz is next in line.

wow i really dont see how fairy tail will get outta this one

awerey
December 26, 2010, 09:49 PM
I don't know. Gildartz powers are unknown, making natsu cry with just the aura makes him god-like, anyway zeref and natsu have something in common, maby he has something to do with the dragon that raised natsu. About luxus it's sad, he betrayed the guild once so will they accept him well? I believe erza should inerhit the guild, but as shonen is it will be luxus for sure, ooooooooooooooor he diieeeees too for the sake of the guild. Natsu isn't anymore the most interesting character at fairy-tail he is just too invincible, a unreal version of Monkey D. Luffy, u don't see him grow and neither u see the real extent of his powers, only in the last chapters in the gildartz occasion u saw a vague limit. He never learned a damn technique and there are no recurrent abilities, he just spits fire. You pretty much know what erza can do, what grey can do, and all the others 10thousand characters can do but not a hell of a estimate of the grade of power that lives inside natsu, he just explodes in mana everytime he meets a stronger boss.

swordsaintscoot
December 26, 2010, 10:02 PM
Why does everyone think Ivan had to be involved with makarovs death? Isn't ivan only makarovs son IN LAW?

Dark God Zeus
December 26, 2010, 11:35 PM
$10 says nirvana affected Hades.

thedarkoneaox
December 26, 2010, 11:47 PM
I don't know. Gildartz powers are unknown, making natsu cry with just the aura makes him god-like, anyway zeref and natsu have something in common, maby he has something to do with the dragon that raised natsu. About luxus it's sad, he betrayed the guild once so will they accept him well? I believe erza should inerhit the guild, but as shonen is it will be luxus for sure, ooooooooooooooor he diieeeees too for the sake of the guild. Natsu isn't anymore the most interesting character at fairy-tail he is just too invincible, a unreal version of Monkey D. Luffy, u don't see him grow and neither u see the real extent of his powers, only in the last chapters in the gildartz occasion u saw a vague limit. He never learned a damn technique and there are no recurrent abilities, he just spits fire. You pretty much know what erza can do, what grey can do, and all the others 10thousand characters can do but not a hell of a estimate of the grade of power that lives inside natsu, he just explodes in mana everytime he meets a stronger boss.
See this whole story has been pieces of a puzzle, and now they are starting to come together. Laxus will get FairyTail, however I can't say he will keep it. As far as Natsu/Wendy/Gajeel goes, they all have limits, as you noticed in a flashback with Natsu, someone was teaching him how to control different flames yet we only seen the red for the most part. We seen flashes of 2 other colors, but not enough to base anything on them. And as far as goes with Zeref, the dragon's left to protect something from people trying to get at Zeref which is saying the one thats walking around is either no where near complete or only maybe 50%. The common link for Natsu/Zeref is the dragons, and we know to a certain point that Zeref does not want war, nor does he want to harm anyone. He warned people not to get to close to him because his powers would just wipe them out. I think that Zeref either talk to one or more of the dragon since he's been seal and we are certain that he is trying to get Natsu to kill him. Remember these skill that these 3 have came from dragon, and I dont know who is the 4 one but I cant be certain if it will be limited to 4. But I know there is a 4 one, maybe Hades will rip the orb from Laxus but he will still be able to use dragon slayer ablities... As far as Gildarts go, he maybe the one to prevent the total destruction of FairyTail but it wont be easy nor pretty on this outcome...

exacta
December 27, 2010, 12:04 AM
Only way I see Fairy Tail getting out of this is if another guild intervenes to help them, OR if another dark guild appears in order to claim Zeref and starts a fight with Grimoire Heart over it resulting in a stalemate or temporary retreat. Or if more help from the Magic Council shows up. Make that alot more help lol.

4StepsAhead
December 27, 2010, 12:07 AM
$10 says nirvana affected Hades.

I'll raise you $20 that it isn't!! I think Hades became like this on his journey because he discovered something about magic that most people did not know and that changed his ideas about magic.
Also his motive is still unknown, who knows why he wants Zeref, or what really happened in the past.

After all history can be distorted by the people who tell it.

kkck
December 27, 2010, 01:48 AM
I don't think makarov is quite dead yet. He is certainly in a very critical situation but I can't imagine him dying just yet, let alone in fairy tail's sacred land. I also don't see the exam going on in any way if makarov dies. I also think makarov would be a key character in an arc involving ivan.... Even then, luxus is still too young to be master of fairy tail and I really doubt he can hold anything other than youth over hades. Wendy is around so perhaps she can deal with makarov's wounds. Luxus should be reasonably far away and I can't really imagine any remaining mage in the island lasting more than half a second against hades. Heck, based on what we have seen even if erza was ten times stronger and natsu went dragon force on hades they'd still get brushed aside as worthless fodder without so much as a chance in a frozen hell of fighting back.

One thing I find interesting is that age does not seem to be getting to hades as bad as it is getting to makarov. I mean, hades should be quite a bit older than makarov right? I think hades is indeed more skilled than makarov perhaps by quite a bit however if age didn't have such an effect on makarov he would not have fallen so easily.

Now, could luxus actually hold a candle against hades? As I said before, he is strong but by no means he has shown to be nearly strong enough to fight someone who gave makarov the fodder treatment. Surely a regular seven kin would most likely fall relatively easily against him (even natsu and gazille together almost got killed over a half victory) but hades just seems that hax so far. Perhaps if luxus were to go dragon force on hades he'd have a chance but we don't really know if a fake dragon slayer can do that. Gildarts, fried and bixlow probably felt the sheer amount of magic being released by makarov and hades so perhaps they are on their way back. Gildarts is a must here if ft is to have a chance against hades IMO.

I think mashima will pull a sort of miracle over fairy tail soon enough though. The situation is just that bad. Makarov is in a critical condition to say the least, hades suffered no damage from his fight with makarov, FT is grossly outnumbered by fodder mages and there is still the seven kin to deal with.

Jorge D. Dragon
December 27, 2010, 02:19 AM
It was a great chapter, but the end was too dramatic. If Makarov dies here all the Fairy Tail will be crushed mentally. In fact now I can't see how they can win against Grimmore Heart. The only posibility is some miracle moves by dragonslayers or the aid from the soul of first FT master Mavis. Also there is a posibility of Zeref aiding them, but it's not that easy to predict.
Also I like the posibility of Luxus coming back. FT needs him at this moment not only because they need him as a strong mage, but also because he still is a part of the family and is one of the guild's leaders even if sometimes he is dumb and acts harsh. In fact he really has a posibility to become new FT master. Even though he is still young.

Ero-Sanji
December 27, 2010, 03:54 AM
Please, people. Who said the counter attack has to be in the next arc?
To me it sounds more reasonable if they took their time, for numerous reasons. First of all to heal, then for Laxus to return and then the most crucial point of actually finding GH. Remember their guild is an airship, that's quite hard to find.

This time will help the team to grow-up and reassemble.

Oh, and, now we also have quite hard material for proving that GH is the strongest Dark Guild with their leader toying with the one who could be called the strongest light-mage.

The age factor around Purehito is no more, he found the essence of magic and he's wearing flame pants. He's young again! :p

Sollum
December 27, 2010, 06:48 AM
Hmm, we saw similar scenario somewhere, where the bad guy can chant spells really fast. Maybe Hades has a Demon Mouths on his hands that help him cast chants in Demonic language a lot faster? I think there was a mage who had same deal =?

It would be cool if after FT crush, Natsu would wonder off into the wild in order to strengthen himself, a sort of time skip. And Lucy would learn to do something useful instead of stand there like a fodder. Cana could... die...

Zehahaha
December 27, 2010, 06:56 AM
I really thought that Gildartz would be the next master, but after seeing the whole " reach... the one who will inherit my will ", guess Laxus have more chances to become the next master, and become one of the main characters.

It is pretty clear now that GH maybe will manage to accomplish their objective by capturing Zeref... But i expect them to receive some serious damage as well, probably by Natsu and then maybe he will show his true potential to Hades or Zeref or something like that.

This is getting really good, can't wait for the next one !

Kuzumikun
December 27, 2010, 08:04 AM
Crazy chapter :DDDD
i can't believe Makarov got hurt bad(i'm not ganna say die just yet) that fast...just proves that hades is freakin STRONG :o lets hope no other fairy tail member doesn't get "hurt" (again not ganna say die yet) also ;( as for laxus being the next master i can see it happening D: wonder if there is ganna be a test to see who is going to be the next master or something between the S-rank mages (Erza,Mira,Gildhartz,Laxus)

Can't wait to see next chapter "Lost Magic" must be one of the 7-kins?

swordsaintscoot
December 27, 2010, 09:30 AM
Who's to say Laxus isn't a real Dragon Slayer just because he wasn't raised by dragons? Maybe all the Dragon Slayers have Lachryma implanted in them? Maybe that's why they couldn't pass through Fried's runes? They all have Lachryma stones inside.

ca12nag3
December 27, 2010, 09:58 AM
In Manga a shot thrue the chest means death, he might talk for a wee bit with someone but hes gonna die.

What also interests me is if Laxus remains to have his dragonslayer ability, and where in the future destiny of the dragonslayers do *fake* dragonslayers stand?

After all weve seen some made ones now.

Also a 4 man dragonslayer team with Wendy,Gajeel,Natsu and Laxus would definitly stand a chance against a team of the 7kin.

1337 haxor
December 27, 2010, 10:24 AM
In Manga a shot thrue the chest means death, he might talk for a wee bit with someone but hes gonna die.

What also interests me is if Laxus remains to have his dragonslayer ability, and where in the future destiny of the dragonslayers do *fake* dragonslayers stand?

After all weve seen some made ones now.

Also a 4 man dragonslayer team with Wendy,Gajeel,Natsu and Laxus would definitly stand a chance against a team of the 7kin.

Kurosaki Ichigo disagrees with the first paragraph. :kukuku

Honestly speaking though, it might be that next chapter is Makarov's flashback so his death is imminent.

The best he could do now is sacrifice himselft to seal Hades, that would give FT a chance to stand GH for a while.

zelllogan
December 27, 2010, 10:45 AM
Wow, Makarov is almost always beaten easily ... the guy is really unlucky :D. I woudn't be surprised if Luxus is more useful against Hades. I doubt Luxus will hesitate as much as Makarov.

Luxus: Fairy L...
Hades: Stop it ... Grimoire L...
Hades: If neither ones of us steps down, it will result in the worst possible conclusion
Luxus: Who cares ? FAIRY LAW !!!!

Fairy tail is in a bad situation. With Makarov in that situation, I wouldn't be surprised to see luxus coming back.
I called it :D. Yes I'm immature.

wooticus
December 27, 2010, 11:31 AM

i agree with the one who said kurosaki ichigo wouldn't agree with that. you probably didn't read bleach. or dragon ball z, where shot through the chest just means eat a senzou bean and now you've doubled your strength because you're a saiyajin.

the situation seems really really desperate at the moment.

i can't see a single person there who can defeat hades. well actually i can, it's zeref.

i think both guilds will take hard hits, but GH will leave the battlefield as a winner. some things that go through my mind:

- mest wanted wendy to do something from the beginning. maybe she can actually revive mavis for a short period of time. so well, the second master owned the third, he probably would get owned by the first who's really upset. or mavis could at least repel the enemies with some sort of uber-fairy law.

- mest can actually teleport support to the island, this could be laxus, or council guys

- if hades gets defeated by fairy tail.. then it has to be all 4 dragon slayers together i guess. wendy, gazille, natsu + laxus. maybe even a fifth one we don't know yet.
here's a really wild guess: mest has some really interesting skills, teleportation, manipulation of mind and he wants to know about everything. could he be another dragon slayer? could this be his real intention? the dragon slayer of the mind or something? so he thinks by going on this island he finds some secrets about his own past? and he can eat the thoughts of other people.. well.. that sounds too disgusting i guess.

all in all GH might not be defeated by a single guild. i think of some epic army like... the 10 holy mages forming together to defeat GH, awesome!

all in all, at least one or two kin have to go down. in my opinion those dark guilds are a bit too strong. OS already was quite strong, GH seems ridiculous while fairy tail is considered the strongest guild? that makes every not-dark guild look a bit like losers...

BlackHair
December 27, 2010, 11:58 AM
There is no surprise, I mean he said to his former master we wasn't gonna fight, So obviously he was going to loose. And since he was his master he would be able to beat him.. It's like Erza trying to defeat Makarov. I guess Im the only one who is still astonished that Hades beat down Macarov without dropping a sweet. And I just can't believe ppl who claim they saw that coming or that this was no surprise. Loosing ofc, but not one-sided like this.

Anyway, plz don't put Hades vs Mac equal to Erza fighting Mac. Unlike Erza, Macarov is a fully developed character. He was in charge of FT for 48 years.

Hopefully Hades isn't another Godzen villain. I rly hope that this essence thing is the reason for his power-up, and why he is still "young". Atm I get it like the core of all-magic or sth. Also I wish Mac dying with taking him down or at least dying helping someone to take him down. Maybe he will get on this essence thing and die with Hades.

But if is just turns out to be Natsu again, no matter what he eats, it will be just disappointing big time. Though this doesn't seem to happen this time. Laxus will play a role, but somehow at the same time I don't see Gildartz coming back.

Who's to say Laxus isn't a real Dragon Slayer just because he wasn't raised by dragons? Maybe all the Dragon Slayers have Lachryma implanted in them? Maybe that's why they couldn't pass through Fried's runes? They all have Lachryma stones inside.I believe those Lachrima DS can't learn the final form of a DS, Dragon Force.

There better be a limit to those fake DS, otherwise the DS aren't special anymore, at least in my eyes. Also I believe the DS (Natsu, Wendy, Gazelle) are older than 80 years. Thus they couldn't pass Freid's runes. But that is a whole new discussion all together, so I better stop now.

Ero-Sanji
December 27, 2010, 12:00 PM

Seeing as he's my favourite character with my favourite element/magic I would want him to be original as can be. So he should, IMO , dump his DS Lachryma and thus proving that he isn't a weakling without it.

Also a 4 man dragonslayer team with Wendy,Gajeel,Natsu and Laxus would definitely stand a chance against a team of the 7kin.

Right now I doubt it, Wendy and Gajeel are both out and even if they were available I don't think they would have been able to handle it.

Evil3ye
December 27, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hmm, that Makarov was not a big surprise to me. But him being killed? I dunno about that yet. And even if, I can see him being revived somehow by the end of this arc, be it by an healing spell, whatever or the time magic of Ultear. I don't believe Mashima just starts killing off characters all of a sudden.

But I'm curious who will bring down Hades now that the strongest mage lost. Luxus? 'Old man' (forgot the name^^)? Or like raging Zeref himself?

1337 haxor
December 27, 2010, 12:36 PM
Why do so few people listen to me here?

I told it didn't I, Makarov will perform a last ditch seal to put Hades out of the fight even at the cost of his own life.

There is no other way around, Hades can simply walk over all of Fairy Tail exept for Gildartz.

The only things that could stop him besides that would be Zeref, Mavis or a coop effort between Gildartz and an upgraded Laxus.

Given how long it will take before all of the other alternatives to take place is preferable for Hades to get sealed early in the fight just like how Aizen was put out of the field by Yamamoto's fire prison.

Zehahaha
December 27, 2010, 01:10 PM
Given how long it will take before all of the other alternatives to take place is preferable for Hades to get sealed early in the fight just like how Aizen was put out of the field by Yamamoto's fire prison.

Nah, that would suck IMO. Fairy Tail needs to taste true despair for once, and right now, it is a good occasion for that. I want all of them to actually to be pwned by Hades or 7 Kin, and to realise that they need to get stronger. In all their previous fights, they always had chance, and the ennemies were more or less in their level.

I believe that this arc is nothing more than the beginning of a greater one, and that it will end with GH either achieving their goal, or awakening something inside Zeref that will screw things for them, and create some terrible situation.

Sollum
December 27, 2010, 02:05 PM
I started doubting Mest motives...

He somehow noticed that Zeref was on the island. Wait... How DOES council know that Zeref is alive? Even tho Gerard was an... "Employee" of council.

Something smells fishy here...

It's either Mest belongs to Tartaros or Council itself is Tartaros

Dark God Zeus
December 27, 2010, 02:36 PM
He felt his presence. He didn't go there for Zeref, he went there just to find something to put Fairy Tail out of business.

Makarov is going to do to Hades, what the third hokage did to Orochimaru.

Sollum
December 27, 2010, 03:21 PM
He felt his presence. He didn't go there for Zeref, he went there just to find something to put Fairy Tail out of business.

Makarov is going to do to Hades, what the third hokage did to Orochimaru.

That's the problem. How did he knew that:

a) It was Zeref in 1st place
b) Zeref is ALIVE!

sarutobi_sensei
December 27, 2010, 05:09 PM
Have a theory:

For FT to win this battle, the combined effort of Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel + Laxux + Guildartz will be needed.

If not, then Mavis's spirit + Makarov's spirit will help them win against Hades.

And if this is also incorrect, Zeref will be the one.

I mean, looking @ what Hades said about Magic being something from the Darkness, leads me to think that the war, 400 years ago, was fought with the people that feared the magic and couldn't use it, against the people who didn't fear it and could use it.

We were told that Zeref gave birth to thousands of Demons and all, but, what if those demons weren't actually demons and were only corrupted like what happened with Nirvana and the Nirvit?

I mean, for Zeref to know Natsu, it means that he was his friend, hell he could even be his brother as far as we know.

And if he knows Natsu, he knows the other DS's. I'm positive of that. When he sees Wendy and Gajeel he'll be like, nostalgic faces yupii!

This arc is going to give us a lot of answers about the DS's and Zeref, I wish we could have it all in one go xD

Anyway, regarding next chapter, I see Makarov dying, telling Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel, the cats and Levi something.

The way things are now, Gajeel and Levi will meet with Natsu and Wendy, and with their own cats, and I'm positive that they are the ones closest to Makarov.

Them meeting him might end up in him revealing the "prophecy" that Poliuska told him.

elitefox
December 28, 2010, 12:42 AM
Nah, that would suck IMO. Fairy Tail needs to taste true despair for once, and right now, it is a good occasion for that. I want all of them to actually to be pwned by Hades or 7 Kin, and to realise that they need to get stronger. In all their previous fights, they always had chance, and the ennemies were more or less in their level.

I believe that this arc is nothing more than the beginning of a greater one, and that it will end with GH either achieving their goal, or awakening something inside Zeref that will screw things for them, and create some terrible situation.

problem is, will the GH leave them alive or at least merely alive for them to train in the near future:p

p1xel
December 28, 2010, 04:22 AM
Wow, Laxus is back. But is he really that strong to stop Hades? No chance IMO.
And I think Makarov is dead. From the beginning of this arc many people thought he would die. He wanted someone who will lead his guild long time ago. And Laxus can.
That chapter was epic. These powers of Hades are really cool. I hope FT will finally lose a battle, like in OP they did[Marineford arc].
And still no Zeref, I wanna see him killing Hades when everyone other will fail. If he would join the guild, they could win. Probably they won`t kill him, so he will join the guild after Natsu will talk with him.

vinchbr
December 28, 2010, 06:50 AM
I think zeref is a dragon actually, and that's why on the beggining of the arc he said that only natsu could stop him

Razh
December 28, 2010, 01:03 PM
I don't know how Luxus (Laxus reminds me of diarrhea) is supposed to get back any time soon. He seems to be in some kind of desert/wasteland area. If I'd have to guess I'd say he's nearing his father at the moment. We saw him reside in a similar area, just with more mountains.

Wilkhen
December 28, 2010, 01:10 PM
I thinking if mirajane is the next master of the FT's guild
Otherwise its Erza wait wait wait
maybe luxus
or maybe .........................................................

^_^ i guessing!

Razh
December 28, 2010, 01:19 PM
I don't really see Luxus as the next guild master. He may have power, but he lacks experience and wisdom. Gildartz would be a lot better.

I mean, maybe Makarov doesn't even see Luxus as the next master, but as a master of the guild one day, why not? Doesn't mean he has to be one right now.

Wilkhen
December 28, 2010, 01:21 PM
zeref showed the aura or a dangerous wave that when this wave hit it with any living thing, will lose a life in an instant and if this accidentally hit hades with that dangerous wave it can beat Hades but also with zeref will become their problems if zeref cant control himself
Thats only i know! dont know if its right or wrong just predicting it!

Santoryu
December 28, 2010, 01:31 PM
I think zeref is a dragon actually, and that's why on the beginning of the arc he said that only natsu could stop him

That could be interesting, in terms of the whole dragons talking human form thing, but there hasn't been a showing of that yet. I think it was more he feels the underlying power/energy that Natsu has and that was anticipating his arrival only to realize that as he is right now he would not be able to do anything to him.

mashimashilove
December 28, 2010, 01:31 PM
i feel like hades isn't even worried about zeref's random 'death waves'. that's how they found him on the island, right? so grimoire heart is obviously aware of them, and they've done their research too. i feel like the only ones who are going to die from those things are birds and trees. they probably have a container to put him in or something. or maybe just a way to wake him up completely.

hades won't die anytime soon, i don't think. and when he does die, it'll probably be at the hands of an awakened zeref who's like: lololol true evil is here, everyoneeee.

ooh, i want to see the rest of GH fight now. mostly rustyrose and meldy. and, of course, i wanna see jubia fighting too. so many chapters to look forward to~

Zatono
December 28, 2010, 01:34 PM
This really, REALLY, doesn't look good for FT. Seriously, they're going to need some major Gildartz/other overpowered character action to get them out of this mess.

Umbra Wolf
December 28, 2010, 02:59 PM
Am I the only one who gets this bizarre feeling that Zeref is the founder of Fairy Tail or father of magic in general?

They go to the island where FT's founder "rests". First person we get to see there is reborn or awakened Zeref.
This Zeref seems to be a rather nice and caring guy. He emits death rays occasionally but at least he'll warn you.
Hades' talk about how Zeref is the essence of magic.

It all sounds convenient. Few problems remain because of lack of knowledge. E.g. why did Makarov pray to FT's founder for everyone's safety if he knew Marvis Vermillion is Zeref (maybe he doesn't know it) ?
Also if my theory is somehow correct why did Zeref turned 180 and created demons and then became rather calm and quite right now?
Yet I notice too many convenient coincidences or maybe I am just seeing things.

Anjellow
December 28, 2010, 03:35 PM
I also think that the 7 Kin will fight against the 7 S class tournament participants ( there was 8 but Mest obviously doesn't count anymore)

But who are the S class mages of FT going to fight? This might be too high up there but...maybe they'll team up against Hades? Of course Erza, Gildartz and Mira will be super pissed about Hades beating Makarov so badly.

There are still a lot of holes in the story line so it won't end any time soon.

What is the significance of having 3 Dragon Slayers in the guild? Makarov mentioned that "Porisika" predicted that FT would have 3 DS and that fate would start to move but I don't even recall that person showing up in the manga or the anime. At first I thought it was Porlyusica, an old friend of Makarov's that lives in the forest. She healed Makarov when Aria drained his magic during the Phantom Lord fight but their names are different. Here's when that was mentioned: http://www.mangareader.net/135-44553-18/fairy-tail/chapter-166.html

Who does Kana want to meet?
When will Laxus make his grand appearance?
Will Makarov really die now that he's passing down his will to Laxus?
Who the hell is Zeref?
Why did he say that ONLY Natsu can "break" him but Natsu can't beat him at his current level yet (chapter 209, pages 8 to 9)
Here's my evidence of him saying that:
http://www.mangareader.net/135-58363-7/fairy-tail/chapter-209.html
and
http://www.mangareader.net/135-58363-8/fairy-tail/chapter-209.html

aaaaaand
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
LAXUS IS GOING TO BE THE NEXT MASTER OF FAIRY TAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't even try to argue that he won't be. Makarov himself said that he's

by the way...did anyone else but me notice that when Makarov issued the test of finding the grave...that he was sitting right in front of the grave?
http://www.mangareader.net/135-58359-2/fairy-tail/chapter-208.html
and http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/39215148/3
loool Makarov, you smart ass.

ca12nag3
December 28, 2010, 06:17 PM
by the way...did anyone else but me notice that when Makarov issued the test of finding the grave...that he was sitting right in front of the grave?
http://www.mangareader.net/135-58359-2/fairy-tail/chapter-208.html
and http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/39215148/3
loool Makarov, you smart ass.

I know but the text of the test was in squares, thats either recalling or generaly speaking. the *ill be waiting* is the only real time text there.

Its cheeky but the participants are not at the grave site.

kkck
December 28, 2010, 11:30 PM
I still don't think makarov is quite dead yet. Luxus will certainly play a big role soon enough but just because makarov wanted the one to inherit his will to show up it does not mean luxus will inherit everything makarov has right now. I think luxus due to his youth could have an edge over hades though. Hades is after all extremely old. Age seems to have had a greater effect on hades than on makarov which allowed hades to win without being pushed so far but in turn someone who is agile and at the height of his physical capacity and agility along with some unreasonable strength could pull it off. Hades should still have an edge though. Perhaps it will take makarov and luxus to win against hades though. It would be perfect... with makarov sheer amount of magic he could even power up luxus's lightning.

Yashie
December 29, 2010, 04:32 AM
Does anyone else think Polyuchka is going to happen to pass by Fairy Island?

Urtear
December 29, 2010, 05:07 AM
What is the significance of having 3 Dragon Slayers in the guild? Makarov mentioned that "Porisika" predicted that FT would have 3 DS and that fate would start to move but I don't even recall that person showing up in the manga or the anime. At first I thought it was Porlyusica, an old friend of Makarov's that lives in the forest. She healed Makarov when Aria drained his magic during the Phantom Lord fight but their names are different. Here's when that was mentioned: http://www.mangareader.net/135-44553-18/fairy-tail/chapter-166.html

im pretty sure that "porisika" is just a poor mistranslation of polyushika, because in the translation of that chapter that i read, makarov said polyushika and not poriskia

speaking of that hag, i always hoped that makarov would die early and the guild would be thrown into utter chaos and then polyushika would come out of reclusion, become the new leader, and whip the guild into shape... i know its just wishful thinking now that "makarov's will is inherited by luxus" but it would have been funny to see polyushika going ballistic in response to natsu & co's shenanigans

PS i think its safe to say the next chapter is going to be centered around ultear seeing as she uses lost magic: arc of time or w/e the hell its called

PPS i think cana's little mystery is going to take a sideline now that GH is here to wreak havoc unless her story intertwines with GH's arrival, but i dont see that happening unless its something like "i wanna be an s class mage so i could take s class missions and go after [insert guild/person] of the balam alliance cause [insert tragic story]"

swordsaintscoot
December 29, 2010, 06:10 AM
i reckon the balam alliance is a little more than an anti-aggression pact now. They all seem so obsessed with lost magic, magics from zerefs time and zeref himself. Can it really be a coincidence?

Bhoot
December 29, 2010, 06:34 AM
Does anyone think that maybe Zeref is actually a title / power passed down through many generations ??

I mean maybe the power was so powerful that people feared it enough to make common stories about it . Before they knew it , the ruler or something something person decided to use this as an oppurtunity to kill the cirrent Zeref and take over his powers as he had been denied it b4 . He somehow gains them and battles with something something that makes the powers go back to a good person . Hence all think Zeref is dead and walllaah a person with Zeref powers who because he was not taught how to control them , becomes the Zeref we know 2day .

P.S Yes i know its bullshit , i just wanted to say it

kkck
December 29, 2010, 08:23 AM
i reckon the balam alliance is a little more than an anti-aggression pact now. They all seem so obsessed with lost magic, magics from zerefs time and zeref himself. Can it really be a coincidence?

I don't think it s a coincidence at all. At least with oracion 6 and grimmoire heart I think they pretty much know everything about the past except that they gave different importance to everything. Zeref and nirvana were around 400 years ago so it is extremely likely nirvana was actually developed to counter zeref. Oracion 6 wanted the magic capable of making even zeref a good guy to throw the world into chaos, grimmoire heart knowing the essence of magic wants zeref himself for whatever reason. Tartarus will probably focus on another aspect of history, perhaps the dragons. Maybe the non aggression pact was even made based on the fact that each of the 3 guilds wanted something related to the same time period but not exactly the same thing.

Oracion 6 and grimmoire heart so far would have seemed to be deeply related to all the past arcs in some way. Eligor was leader of a guild under the oracion 6, deliora arc was directly influenced by grimmoire heart, tower of paradise was also influenced by grimmoire heart to a great extreme and the presence of the oracion 6 in some form is evident due to Gerard's relationship with blaine and apparently Gerard was also saved from the ethereon by the oracion 6. It'd also be interesting if luxus seeming insanity a while back also had something to do with a dark guild. If oracion 6 wanted nirvana, grimmoire heart wanted zeref then perhaps tartarus will be interested in the dragons which is another crucial part of the past.
[hr]

Does anyone else think Polyuchka is going to happen to pass by Fairy Island?

I don't think so lol. She hardly seems necessary considering wendy is there. She also hates humans and battles so her going there is rather unlikely.

p1xel
December 29, 2010, 01:18 PM
Now I don`t know why Makarov attacked Hades, when he knew that he will lose. He could survived, Hades was just walking away, and Makarov could think about something to save FT...or he wanted to die.

Razh
December 29, 2010, 07:37 PM
Now I don`t know why Makarov attacked Hades, when he knew that he will lose. He could survived, Hades was just walking away, and Makarov could think about something to save FT...or he wanted to die.

Yeah, that decision doesn't sit well with me either. I hate when a character falls victim of a Worf Effect. Just lame.

But on the other hand, Makarov isn't the type to just give up without giving it his all.

Which, on the other hand is ironic, considering what Gildartz taught Natsu couple of hours ago. Makarov fails the test. :darn

Well, we'll see if he pulls out something more. Characters in mangas get laser pierced all the time, and still survive or cause epic damage just before they die.

xErzaScarlet
December 29, 2010, 11:51 PM
The master is in trouble . Somehow i think Natsu is going to have his most powerful spells unleashed , where his skin will turn in scales ...
Laxus might not know what is happening and i think that old geezer is coming back to kick some butt .
So the question is , who has the ability to eliminate Hades ?
So will Mystogan be back again ? He might be around ... no one knows ?

Krono
December 30, 2010, 12:49 AM

Yeah, that decision doesn't sit well with me either. I hate when a character falls victim of a Worf Effect. Just lame.

But on the other hand, Makarov isn't the type to just give up without giving it his all.

Which, on the other hand is ironic, considering what Gildartz taught Natsu couple of hours ago. Makarov fails the test. :darn

Well, we'll see if he pulls out something more. Characters in mangas get laser pierced all the time, and still survive or cause epic damage just before they die.

One thing to keep in mind is that Makarov was having heart trouble. Last time he had a heart attack, he received immediate care, including medication and a skilled healer that arrived swiftly.

Random patch of an island that's in the middle of nowhere and under attack... his odds of surviving it are lower. It's entirely possible he figured he was going to die anyways, and opted to fight to the end.

tobeulp
December 30, 2010, 03:29 AM
I think there is no way Fairy Tail will win this war without the help of an outsider... It will ruin the expectation for Grimoire heart losing to Fairy Tail that is already wounded...
I got a weird idea what if the Zeref in the island is Hades son..
Is Fairy Tail also in a break like other Jump manga??

Yashie
December 30, 2010, 07:22 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that Makarov was having heart trouble. Last time he had a heart attack, he received immediate care, including medication and a skilled healer that arrived swiftly.

Random patch of an island that's in the middle of nowhere and under attack... his odds of surviving it are lower. It's entirely possible he figured he was going to die anyways, and opted to fight to the end.

Err .. Wendy's here, she's a healer. She's a DS so I'm guessing, better than Polyushka at healing, so I think ol' Makarov's gonna make it.

swordsaintscoot
December 30, 2010, 07:47 AM
A pierced chest isn't the same as heart trouble however.

Krono
December 30, 2010, 10:02 AM
Err .. Wendy's here, she's a healer. She's a DS so I'm guessing, better than Polyushka at healing, so I think ol' Makarov's gonna make it.

You miss my point. Last time Makarov went down from a heart attack, Mirajane and Levi rushed to get him in bed, give him his medication, and Polyushka arrived within the hour.

No one is around to treat Makarov this time, and no one knows he was at the center of the big blast and is having heart trouble. Wendy is a healer... but is on a different part of the island which just had a ton of enemies dropped on it. She will not be swiftly arriving to treat Makarov for his heart trouble that she has no idea is flaring up again, and might not even know about in general.

So with no help around, and no help expected to arrive any time soon, it's entirely possible that Makarov thought he'd die of his heart attack before help arrived and acted accordingly.

Mashiro_Luna
December 30, 2010, 04:33 PM
Does anyone know if we are getting a chapter next week? Jump is taking a break for a few weeks but does that include Fairy Tail?

sarutobi_sensei
December 30, 2010, 10:28 PM
FT doesn't come out on Shonen Jump.

Even so, most likely, yes there will be a break.

Now I ask, are we getting a chapter this week?

BlackHair
December 31, 2010, 12:43 AM
Now I don`t know why Makarov attacked Hades, when he knew that he will lose. He could survived, Hades was just walking away, and Makarov could think about something to save FT...or he wanted to die. Yeah, that decision doesn't sit well with me either. I hate when a character falls victim of a Worf Effect. Just lame.I don't rly understand why you guys are thinking Mac attacked knowing he would lose. He had no other choice but to go for the slim chance he had. From Hades point of view, he thought he knocked out Macarov. However Mac wasn't unconscious, he saw his enemy walking away with his back turned on him. It was his only chance after that one-sided beat up, thus he attacked him. He was the strongest of FT on that island, if he couldn't do shit, then there is no hope for his guild.

btw I don't expect FT before the 2nd week of January. Not that I have any source or sth, just intuition ^^

Krono
December 31, 2010, 12:52 AM
Does anyone know if we are getting a chapter next week? Jump is taking a break for a few weeks but does that include Fairy Tail?

The short answer is that seeing as Fairy Tail does not run in Jump, and is in fact published by a different company entirely, no that does not include Fairy Tail.

The long answer is that the break Jump is having is a result of it's publisher Shueisha giving it's employees some time off at the end of the year, and as Fairy Tail's publisher Kodansha does the same thing, it will be experiencing some of the same issues.

To clarify, the current issue of Shounen Magazine is issue #4-5. It contains Fairy Tail chapter 215, and had a street date of 12/22/10. The next issue of Shounen Magazine issue #6 contains chapter 216. It has a street date of 1/4/11.

The reason chapter 216 is already scanlated is that raws leak before the street date. Shounen Magazine usually hits stores on Wednesday in Japan, and we get leaked scans a few days before that. We got 216 so early because no one wanted the next issue of the magazine hanging over their head over the new years holiday, so issue #6 was finished, and shipped off to the printer and printed before people left for the break.

Meaning that chapter 217 would be in issue #7, which should hit stores on 1/12/11, and the soonest we could expect to see scans would be January 7th or 8th.

Or in convenient table form:

Weekly Shounen Magazine
12/1/10 - Issue #1-2 Leaked scans - 11/26-27/10
12/15/10 - Issue #3 Leaked scans - 12/3-4/10
12/22/10 - Issue #4-5 Leaked scans - 12/17-18/10
1/4/11 - Issue #6 Leaked scans - 12/24-25/10
1/12/11 - Issue #7 Leaked scans - 1/7-8/11

If you're wondering why Weekly Shounen Jump will be having a longer break, it goes back to the different publisher thing. Different publisher, different schedule, Shounen Jump usually hits stores on Mondays in Japan. It's release schedule looks like this:

12/5/10 - Issue #1 Leaked scans - 12/1-2/10
12/13/10 - Issue #2 Leaked scans - 12/8-9/10
12/20/10 - Issue #3-4 Leaked scans - 12/15-16/10
1/4/10 - Issue #5-6 Leaked scans - 12/24-25/10
1/17/10 - Issue #7 Leaked scans - 1/12-13/11

The bottom line is that whenever there is a double issue of a magazine, there will be a week without chapters. The leaks only shift around when that break is. Where the breaks fall for the magazine Fairy Tail runs it, we should not be getting a chapter this week, but the wait should not be as long as it is for people waiting on series running in Jump.

BlueChild
January 01, 2011, 09:28 AM
I actually don't think that Laxus is going to be the next master. Makarov didn't exactly name Laxus as his successor; he said "reach the one who will inherit my will". Laxus is shown in the next panel and seemingly receives Makarov thoughts, but it could very well just be some play with the panels to make the reader believe that it's gonna be Laxus. I think it's gonna be Gildartz. That strange feeling that Laxus is feeling will most definitely make him return to FT, but in my opinion Laxus is too young to inherit the guild yet. He lacks experience and currently also social contacts in the guild. I say Gildartz will be the master, Laxus returns and gets reestablished in the guild, and then will be the next in line for the title of the master.

Yashie
January 01, 2011, 12:34 PM
I actually don't think that Laxus is going to be the next master. Makarov didn't exactly name Laxus as his successor; he said "reach the one who will inherit my will". Laxus is shown in the next panel and seemingly receives Makarov thoughts, but it could very well just be some play with the panels to make the reader believe that it's gonna be Laxus. I think it's gonna be Gildartz. That strange feeling that Laxus is feeling will most definitely make him return to FT, but in my opinion Laxus is too young to inherit the guild yet. He lacks experience and currently also social contacts in the guild. I say Gildartz will be the master, Laxus returns and gets reestablished in the guild, and then will be the next in line for the title of the master.

I doubt that, Gildartz is too much of a ... how to put it .. a happy-go-lucky, carefree person. I doubt he'd handle the responsibility well. Laxus on the otehr hand has clearly shown leadership abilities and now, a good heart too. It'd be Laxus for sure.

ca12nag3
January 01, 2011, 12:57 PM
I dont agree on your view of Gildartz, hes dead serious when it comes to magic. His test was that of knowing your limits and Natsu passed that test. Im sure everyone has their own idea of how to test someones readiness for Sclass but this was his.
And thats no happy go lucky test method.

BlueChild
January 01, 2011, 03:02 PM
I dont agree on your view of Gildartz, hes dead serious when it comes to magic. His test was that of knowing your limits and Natsu passed that test. Im sure everyone has their own idea of how to test someones readiness for Sclass but this was his.
And thats no happy go lucky test method.

That's exactly my opinion of Gildartz as well. Plus, Gildartz is years and years ahead of Laxus in power as well as in experience; He seems to be more respected than anyone else in the guild (Makarov's not counted in), and I doubt that this simply results from his destructive power. Also, even though this probably doesn't have anything to say, he's about the same age as Makarov was when he became the master of fairy tail. I guess the older mages like Wakaba etc might have a problem with accepting such a young master as Laxus. Even though Gildartz has been away most of the time, he's like, one of FT's foundations. Dunno, but I don't regard Laxus as FT's "foundation". Therefore I bet on Gildartz.

swordsaintscoot
January 01, 2011, 05:25 PM
Gildartz' tendencies to be away a lot however is one of the reasons Makarov initially didn't choose Gildartz as his successor.

However let's look at newer facts, Gildartz will unlikely be going out on anymore 100 year missions due to the injuries he's sustained. His injuries from the Black Dragon are the perfect plot device to negate Makarov's previous reasonings and allow Gildartz to assume responsibility.

Ero-Sanji
January 01, 2011, 06:09 PM
Gildartz to me is exactly like Jiraiya. They're both very strong and have an amazing knowledge and experience yet they aren't leader material, period. Yes in desperate times they are both dead serious but to be a leader you need that almost all the time.

Then we have his no-control issue. Now, I know that it doesn't make him weaker but what it does is that he makes it unsafe for his crew member. He will have a harder time fighting alongside or protecting his crew. Therefore I see him as the type of guy who fights alone but on the behalf of the guild, exactly like Jiraiya and Mistgun.

However, as much as I would have wanted to see Laxus at the top he doesn't really fit. But it's not his age that's the problem for me but his power. He's too weak, as of now. I mean 3/4 S-class members were at the same age but only one could've possibly defeated, say, Jose Porla.

But, then again Erza did pretty well against him even after she tanked the Jupiter(?) blast and after defeating Aria. Who, knows maybe she could've won and if Laxus is stronger than her and have gotten stronger by now then maybe he does suit to be the head of the guild.

I would appreciate it though since we have always seen an old guy as the leader in many manga series, time for change, maybe?

Yashie
January 02, 2011, 02:41 AM
Gildartz to me is exactly like Jiraiya. They're both very strong and have an amazing knowledge and experience yet they aren't leader material, period. Yes in desperate times they are both dead serious but to be a leader you need that almost all the time.

Then we have his no-control issue. Now, I know that it doesn't make him weaker but what it does is that he makes it unsafe for his crew member. He will have a harder time fighting alongside or protecting his crew. Therefore I see him as the type of guy who fights alone but on the behalf of the guild, exactly like Jiraiya and Mistgun.

However, as much as I would have wanted to see Laxus at the top he doesn't really fit. But it's not his age that's the problem for me but his power. He's too weak, as of now. I mean 3/4 S-class members were at the same age but only one could've possibly defeated, say, Jose Porla.

But, then again Erza did pretty well against him even after she tanked the Jupiter(?) blast and after defeating Aria. Who, knows maybe she could've won and if Laxus is stronger than her and have gotten stronger by now then maybe he does suit to be the head of the guild.

I would appreciate it though since we have always seen an old guy as the leader in many manga series, time for change, maybe?

My point exactly. The Jiraya thing, and the fact that while he's not necessarily PLAYFUL, he's not a kind of Take-Charge! guy. The leadership ability isn't THAT strong in him, so I seriously doubt if he'll make a good leader. I like him though ^^

Newkerzy
January 02, 2011, 04:26 AM

Now you're making me think that Gildartz is going to travel to find someone to become the guild master. I'm sure Gildartz knows someone very strong who's a FT member as well. Perhaps, just perhaps, he has an old teammate who's wandering out there. It would be cool to have a new character.

Yashie
January 02, 2011, 07:12 AM
Now you're making me think that Gildartz is going to travel to find someone to become the guild master. I'm sure Gildartz knows someone very strong who's a FT member as well. Perhaps, just perhaps, he has an old teammate who's wandering out there. It would be cool to have a new character.

Much as I agree, I seriously doubt that there is. There's been no mention of a strong member wandering anywhere around. Someone would have mentioned him during the Phantom Arc, when everyone was desperate to save Lucy. They called up Laxus, said Gildarts was still away. If there was a strong member, who had potential to be a future leader, there would definitely have been SOME mention of him, I think.

Newkerzy
January 02, 2011, 10:13 AM
Who knows?? maybe someone dropped out from the guild for a specific reason (not kicked out) and practically disappeared from the face of earth. But Gildartz, being an SS-rank mage, has intimate infos about the magic world and has been keeping tabs on the person. That's why said person wasn't mentioned at all because they never heard anything about him since his existence practically vanished. Also, it could be that only Gildartz's generation knows about him.

Ero-Sanji
January 02, 2011, 10:25 AM
Much as I agree, I seriously doubt that there is. There's been no mention of a strong member wandering anywhere around. Someone would have mentioned him during the Phantom Arc, when everyone was desperate to save Lucy. They called up Laxus, said Gildarts was still away. If there was a strong member, who had potential to be a future leader, there would definitely have been SOME mention of him, I think.

True, but if we go down Naruto lane, Tsunade was a lost cause as well. There should be someone else who has old ties to Fairy tail and is quite strong. Oddly the only one who fits that(who has been mentioned) is Porlyusica. But I highly doubt that, anyway, I find it strange that in Gildartz generation only Ivan is worth mentioning power wise.

LoS
January 02, 2011, 11:48 AM
There should be someone else who has old ties to Fairy tail and is quite strong. Oddly the only one who fits that(who has been mentioned) is Porlyusica. But I highly doubt that, anyway, I find it strange that in Gildartz generation only Ivan is worth mentioning power wise.

Im sure there is. There is Gildartz and Ivan from that generation, and we have that picture of Makarov's youth where him and a few others are seen. We might see them after Makarov's death; although, they will be around his age and probably wont play pivotal parts for the future plot.

Makarov's death will bring out many characters I feel. They will show up to pay their respects.

Ero-Sanji
January 02, 2011, 12:07 PM
What do you mean by, Tsunade was a lost cause??

Well, when Oro attacked no one really tried to contact her(or Jiraiya, who by coincidence paid a visit) since she wasn't really part of Konoha anymore. It wasn't untill Sandaime died that they bothered to search for her and I think the same thing will happen now.

If Makarov dies, I think that Gildartz will turn down the offer but the chapter will end in a cliché form of him saying that he knows someone who can. That person will either be Laxus or someone entirely new.

ca12nag3
January 02, 2011, 01:17 PM
So far there is no rule stating that Laxus as Makarovs blood has to be the next guildmaster. There is no mentioning of Purito or Mevis as a relative either.

I see dificulty in both Gildartz and Laxus as the next leader, both dont have bonding qualities, Gildartz is seclusinve and Laxus is egoistic. Perhaps he has learned from his mistakes but truth is do the other guildmembers see it that way too? I dont think so. Makarov didnt ban him from the guild over trivial matters. He put his fellow guildmembers in harm and also the entire town.

If i should bet on anyone taking charge its Erza, she takes command and wants to bond everyone whenever she can, making natsu and grey stop fighting, signing the warningsignal of attack. She takes charge.

susanoo13
January 02, 2011, 02:24 PM
Has anyone considered the 10 saint wizards member who now owns a resturant?

He was quite pro-FT and maybe after hearing about Makarov's death assuming it will happen of course - will want to become FT's next master.
He also fits in terms of age and height.

BlackHair
January 02, 2011, 05:06 PM
Blah, this Naruto comparison is just lame. I don't think Mashima will copy the obvious from another popular still ongoing manga. Therefore I don't thing there is a Tsunade in this manga, especially since Mac never thought of that person.

Sarutobi wasn't rly going to retire unlike Macarov. If we remember correct, possible candidates according to Mac himself were Laxus, Mistgun and Erza. Gildart wasn't back then. Erza was to young (I believe in matter of experience etc), Mistgun too solo-like and Laxus too twisted. Laxus however learned his lesson and furthermore chapter 216 hints him as the new Master.

Therefore I think going with Laxus is the safest route. Yet I don't want him as the Master, Gildartz would be more suited. Except for chapter 216, I think he would be a perfect candidate.

Has anyone considered the 10 saint wizards member who now owns a resturant?

He was quite pro-FT and maybe after hearing about Makarov's death assuming it will happen of course - will want to become FT's next master.
He also fits in terms of age and height.That guy is of the same generation like Macarov. Infact he was his former teammate. A Member of the next Generation should take over, that's how it is always passed on. Also I don't think he was a member of the holy saint 10, just the former council member.

ghostexiled
January 02, 2011, 06:28 PM
Please focus on just discussing Fairy Tail and not other mangas in this thread.

Thanks!

Rarhyx
January 02, 2011, 07:06 PM
A Member of the next Generation should take over, that's how it is always passed on.

how about it doesn't happen like always?
i would prefer if it won't be someone from the next generation, cause it really ALWAYS happens >.>

Lee-tyme7
January 02, 2011, 09:04 PM
possible candidates according to Mac himself were Laxus, Mistgun and Erza. Gildart wasn't back then. Erza was to young (I believe in matter of experience etc), Mistgun too solo-like and Laxus too twisted. Laxus however learned his lesson and furthermore chapter 216 hints him as the new Master.

I don't think last chapter hint that Laxus will become the new FT master. It's showing that he is the inheritance of the guild so maybe someday he might be the master but I doubt it be now. Guildartz is more likely the main candidate but Mokrav is not going to die just yet. We still have Raven lord, Ivan arc to cover. Father vs Son...vs Son. :p

elitefox
January 02, 2011, 10:12 PM
Blah, this Naruto comparison is just lame. I don't think Mashima will copy the obvious from another popular still ongoing manga. Therefore I don't thing there is a Tsunade in this manga, especially since Mac never thought of that person.

Sarutobi wasn't rly going to retire unlike Macarov. If we remember correct, possible candidates according to Mac himself were Laxus, Mistgun and Erza. Gildart wasn't back then. Erza was to young (I believe in matter of experience etc), Mistgun too solo-like and Laxus too twisted. Laxus however learned his lesson and furthermore chapter 216 hints him as the new Master.

Therefore I think going with Laxus is the safest route. Yet I don't want him as the Master, Gildartz would be more suited. Except for chapter 216, I think he would be a perfect candidate.

That guy is of the same generation like Macarov. Infact he was his former teammate. A Member of the next Generation should take over, that's how it is always passed on. Also I don't think he was a member of the holy saint 10, just the former council member.

adding gasoline into the flame war, why not mashima has done it before ;)

~Again... please do NOT discuss other mangas in this thread. ~Ghost

but then again, erza becoming the the GM means she won't be in any fights anymore unless it is a guild vs guild battle or the GM is directly the target. maybe she'll be a temporary leader for now.

Laxus, 75% of the guild might disagree but the only problem to him that makarov stated that he is not friendly but time changes so he might be a better candidate instead of erza unless he finds it better to team up with Natsu and leave erza guarding the guild base.

Gildartz is like Jiraiya in a sense, doesn't want any responsibility, when you need him he is there but to be a leader. I doubt.

All three of them are qualified but it is just in terms of charm, strong drive to become a better leader. Maybe an FT style of test to determine who is the rightful one or else FT might get disperse the magic council:oh

swordsaintscoot
January 03, 2011, 05:52 AM
you guys know ivan is only makarovs son in law? they arent blood.

Laxus and makarov are blood though iirc implying makarov has a daughter.

ghostexiled
January 03, 2011, 06:31 AM
I am curious where you got that idea?

Nowhere in the manga does it state that...

Laxus states in the top panel "he is still your son..." (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v15/c119/10.html)

I see that FT wiki states that Ivan (http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Ivan_Dreyar) is a stepson under his bio (now corrected)... but then they state he is Makrov's son under Makrov's (http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Makarov) bio.

So I think we should more inclined to believe the manga over the wiki site.

Koen
January 03, 2011, 07:49 AM
I just read the chapter today. Makarov wasn't a match for hades at all. He did his best but you could clearly feel that Makarov didn't have a chance to win this fight. As hard as I love the character Makarov, I still hope that somehow these events will lead to his death. Why? The talking at the grave, the feeling laxus has,... if he would survive this then all those previous scenes would become meaningless writings and drawings. Yeah, FT may be very strong and it can survive without Makarov too.

As to who might success Makarov? Let's wait and see, it could be perfectly possible that within FT the leader always leaves a testament in which he hands over his legacy to a guild member in which he believes the most.

The most interesting thing is the quintessence of magic. Quint stands for five and it is definitely referring to five essences of magic. I think it has something to do with the dragon slayers too

coolerthanzerok
January 03, 2011, 11:46 AM
Quintessence has nothing to do with the number five. I mean, sure, it has to do with the etymology of the word, but the number five hasn't survived to the modern definition.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/quintessence?r=75&src=ref&ch=dic

In other news, I can't decide if I think Makarov's dead/hope he is. I still REALLY think he should at least have some interaction with Ivan, but I'm suddenly doubting it...

Krono
January 03, 2011, 12:58 PM
I am curious where you got that idea?

Nowhere in the manga does it state that...

Laxus states in the top panel "he is still your son..." (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v15/c119/10.html)

I see that FT wiki states that Ivan (http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Ivan_Dreyar) is a stepson under his bio... but then they state he is Makrov's son under Makrov's (http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Makarov) bio.

So I think we should more inclined to believe the manga over the wiki site.

He probably got that idea from the wikia. Which was edited to add the "in law" part to Ivan's bio in December, and was corrected to omit "in law" yesterday. Assuming that he wasn't the one that edited the wikia.

Continuing on that assuming, whoever edited the wikia probably got the idea in their head because while we've been given a last name for Laxus and his father, we have not been given one for Makarov. Additionally Ivan does not resemble Makarov or Laxus, as much as they resemble each other, which gives an impression that Laxus is blood related to Makarov, but that Ivan is not blood related to Makarov. Of course the "lack of resemblence" is mainly a matter of hair color and style, and height. The eyes (particularly the eyebrows), nose and chin are largely shared between the three. But many people just don't pay that much attention to detail.

Koen
January 03, 2011, 02:17 PM
Quintessence has nothing to do with the number five. I mean, sure, it has to do with the etymology of the word, but the number five hasn't survived to the modern definition.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/quintessence?r=75&src=ref&ch=dic

In other news, I can't decide if I think Makarov's dead/hope he is. I still REALLY think he should at least have some interaction with Ivan, but I'm suddenly doubting it...

Maybe the number five hasn't survived in the current definition but don't forget that we are talking about the fictional world of fairy tail. Science, mythologies, religions, etc are mostly used in an own context when they are being handled in the manga.

Nope, we can't be sure about it at this moment but for some reason I kinda hope he is. The scenes with him before the assault were too serious and Laxus' feeling seems to confirm that feeling.

ca12nag3
January 03, 2011, 02:18 PM
He probably got that idea from the wikia. Which was edited to add the "in law" part to Ivan's bio in December, and was corrected to omit "in law" yesterday. Assuming that he wasn't the one that edited the wikia.

Continuing on that assuming, whoever edited the wikia probably got the idea in their head because while we've been given a last name for Laxus and his father, we have not been given one for Makarov. Additionally Ivan does not resemble Makarov or Laxus, as much as they resemble each other, which gives an impression that Laxus is blood related to Makarov, but that Ivan is not blood related to Makarov. Of course the "lack of resemblence" is mainly a matter of hair color and style, and height. The eyes (particularly the eyebrows), nose and chin are largely shared between the three. But many people just don't pay that much attention to detail.

Well to be fair isnt it possible Ivan resembles his mother? :D There is nothing that says they all should look like the dalton brothers is there? :D

kkck
January 03, 2011, 06:00 PM
I don't think luxus is quite ready to become master yet. I am sure he learned his lesson from before but he is still about as young as erza (even if he is evidently that much stronger than she is). The most logical choice to become master would be gildarts considering his strength, experience, age and the fact that the only reservation makarov actually had with him was his continuous absence which is pretty much a solved issue by now. Luxus inheriting makarov's will does not mean he has to become a master right now, heck it barely means makarov has to die at all.

Wonder what will happen with the exam now, I can't imagine such a thing just not taking place because of this.

pestrofa
January 04, 2011, 07:57 AM
In chapter 201 http://www.mangareader.net/135-57514-18/fairy-tail/chapter-201.html we saw natsu and cana cry.in the latest chapter we saw makarov to get beat up so we think makarov will die.i think its too obvious.so i think gildratz might die in order to protect something

kkck
January 04, 2011, 01:23 PM
^Well, the hand in the ground which is mildly implied to be the reason for the crying is clearly not makarov's though, it looks like a young girl's hand for the most part. Interesting to note the scarf is no longer black so perhaps there is still a while before we actually get to see what that is.

monkey D luffy
January 04, 2011, 03:38 PM
i think the scarf was a mistake made by mashima, if it suddenely returned to normal natsu would have commented on it no matter what happened on the island.

Ero-Sanji
January 04, 2011, 04:44 PM
^Well, the hand in the ground which is mildly implied to be the reason for the crying is clearly not makarov's though, it looks like a young girl's hand for the most part. Interesting to note the scarf is no longer black so perhaps there is still a while before we actually get to see what that is.

Non intentions of being rude, but how can you determine if it's a female or male hand from that picture?

http://www.mangareader.net/135-57514-18/fairy-tail/chapter-201.html
look at Gazilles hand at the flashback in the flashback, that's quite feminine as well, don't you think?

Many thought that it would be somebody else's hand but I find the Makarov theory quite interesting and accurate. And at the time I can't see anybody else dying and especially not a female.

Lucy and Erza for obvious reasons. Elfman just received his sister and I can't really see Mirajane leave them now. It would be odd for Mashima to kill of Wendy and Lluvia since he insisted of letting them join, which leaves just Cana left. I highly doubt that the mystery around her is going to get clear in this turmoil.

Anyway, I could be wrong and Mashima might kill one of those girls.

Giga_Gaia
January 04, 2011, 06:50 PM
Natsu is gonna be the one to beat Hades. In each and every arc, he end up fighting the most powerful main villain and end up winning somehow. Eligor, Gajeel, Jellal, Laxus, Zero and the dragon armored king in eidolas.

Of course, on Garuna island, he went against Ultear who was disguised as an old man. She wasn't using her full power, but he was a match for her. Now he has become stronger and could easily beat her.

Now, of course, the title of the next chapter is Lost magic and this is what she uses, so she most likely will fight someone. Either against Natsu or probably against Grey. Afterall, Ultear is Ul's daughter, so I can see Ul's pupil and Ul's daughter going against each other.

MechR
January 05, 2011, 01:39 AM
Natsu is gonna be the one to beat Hades. In each and every arc, he end up fighting the most powerful main villain and end up winning somehow. Eligor, Gajeel, Jellal, Laxus, Zero and the dragon armored king in eidolas.Technically Gajeel was second-strongest after Master Jose, and Natsu got smacked around by the no.3 guy (Aria), too. One of the many reasons I like the Phantom Lord arc.

elitefox
January 05, 2011, 03:30 AM
I don't think luxus is quite ready to become master yet. I am sure he learned his lesson from before but he is still about as young as erza (even if he is evidently that much stronger than she is). The most logical choice to become master would be gildarts considering his strength, experience, age and the fact that the only reservation makarov actually had with him was his continuous absence which is pretty much a solved issue by now. Luxus inheriting makarov's will does not mean he has to become a master right now, heck it barely means makarov has to die at all.

Wonder what will happen with the exam now, I can't imagine such a thing just not taking place because of this.

lol you based the passing of the mastership to the cover of the book, don't judge the book by the cover lol.

but I wonder how will be the inheritance be? if makarov died without passing the baton. will it be voting? or self proclaim?

Yashie
January 05, 2011, 06:37 AM
lol you based the passing of the mastership to the cover of the book, don't judge the book by the cover lol.

but I wonder how will be the inheritance be? if makarov died without passing the baton. will it be voting? or self proclaim?

Some sort of general understanding HAS to be reached, I'm fairly certain the FT members aren't just gonna sit around and let someone who they don't like or think is suitable just grab the Guild Master Position.
Of course I don't think that even if Makarov were to die, He'd just die without "passing the baton" ... it's highly probable that he might have left some sort of will, or told someone who the next Guild Master is to be.

Me2Ecchi
January 05, 2011, 11:48 AM
Natsu is gonna be the one to beat Hades. In each and every arc, he end up fighting the most powerful main villain and end up winning somehow. Eligor, Gajeel, Jellal, Laxus, Zero and the dragon armored king in eidolas.

Of course, on Garuna island, he went against Ultear who was disguised as an old man. She wasn't using her full power, but he was a match for her. Now he has become stronger and could easily beat her.

Now, of course, the title of the next chapter is Lost magic and this is what she uses, so she most likely will fight someone. Either against Natsu or probably against Grey. Afterall, Ultear is Ul's daughter, so I can see Ul's pupil and Ul's daughter going against each other.

i dont think natsu stand a change against hades. In the other hand, gildartz may have a chance. we saw just a bit of his power with natsu fight, and we cant forget gildartz survived against the black dragon. Natsu will probably fight and defeat 2 members of hades top fighters. The 1st one is the one wendy and the council guy where fighting and the other we have to see.

kkck
January 05, 2011, 01:06 PM
I don't really think luxus, natsu or any other fairy tail mage stands a real chance against hades. Based on what hades said and what we saw it would seem exceedingly complicated and powerful spells are nothing short of second nature to him. What the manga just implied is that magic is under his absolute dominion to say the least. In that sense, hades should be second to none at least in terms of sheer skill hence why makarov could not even keep up with hades spells. If hades loses it will be due to age IMO, gildarts or luxus are most likely capable of using their age to their favor. Or perhaps there is another reason for hade's apparent overwhelming skill so perhaps once that is dealt with he will be brought down to the level of other obscenely strong mages like makarov, gildarts or luxus.

ca12nag3
January 05, 2011, 04:03 PM
I supose its possible the spirit of the first leader of fairy tail will pass true judgement on Hades/Purito and take him out.

That way no real mage has to fight him, but this might be at the last moment.

Me2Ecchi
January 05, 2011, 04:54 PM
I don't really think luxus, natsu or any other fairy tail mage stands a real chance against hades. Based on what hades said and what we saw it would seem exceedingly complicated and powerful spells are nothing short of second nature to him. What the manga just implied is that magic is under his absolute dominion to say the least. In that sense, hades should be second to none at least in terms of sheer skill hence why makarov could not even keep up with hades spells. If hades loses it will be due to age IMO, gildarts or luxus are most likely capable of using their age to their favor. Or perhaps there is another reason for hade's apparent overwhelming skill so perhaps once that is dealt with he will be brought down to the level of other obscenely strong mages like makarov, gildarts or luxus.

We dont know gildarts skills and spells, we know he is the strongest from the S class. But that may dont mean he can defeat hades.
About hades not getting old, is possible that that is due to ultear magic? im not sure if she is able to use it on living things, think she said something in the Leon vs Gray arc.

elitefox
January 05, 2011, 07:18 PM
We dont know gildarts skills and spells, we know he is the strongest from the S class. But that may dont mean he can defeat hades.
About hades not getting old, is possible that that is due to ultear magic? im not sure if she is able to use it on living things, think she said something in the Leon vs Gray arc.

Nope, everything except living things... if it is, she will be invincible.

oh well, I just would like to wait and see :tem

dqrt
January 05, 2011, 09:30 PM

Actually i think natsu crying is not due to the hand laying on the ground,
i think Charles had an overall glimpse of the S grade mage exam, which made her confused (kinda like the Edolas arc when she thought she was supposed to kill the dragon slayers whereas it had nothing to do with that) i believe the part concerning natsu crying is just natsu breaking down when gildartz showed off its strength to him during the exam.

kkck
January 06, 2011, 01:39 AM

Urtear is not able to affect living things with her magic, that was stated back in the deliora arc. Either hades is so obscenely strong that makarov was not able to push him to a point where his age would kick in or he has done something to keep aging from affecting him. Still, it is far too far fetched that hades seems so vastly unaffected by age in comparison to makarov.

Wonder what exactly is it that hades referred to about the essence of magic. What did he find? Based on what he said it would seem the origins of magic are in some form inherently evil or at the very least it is not something which can be seen as good. There was an element of nihilism in what hades said which is rather confusing here. Based on what he said, could perhaps zeref actually be the first mage ever hence the less than reputable origins of magic?

Azgarath
January 06, 2011, 08:23 AM
Urtear is not able to affect living things with her magic, that was stated back in the deliora arc.

Well, the author could pull a fast one on us and make Urtear reveal that the reason her magic could not affect living things is because she casted a permanent spell on Hades to keep time from affecting him. This could be for several reasons such as to find Zeref for herself. The spell is so powerful that the price to pay is not have her target any other living things with a time spell.

This scenario would make Urtear to be the main antogonist as she would release the spell from Hades once she finds Zeref. She will then cast the spell on Zeref turning him back to the pure evil he once was. Hades will then have age effect him and be defeated by Fairy Tail while Urtear flees with her objective in hand.

Zatono
January 06, 2011, 10:36 AM
I don't understand how these dark guilds think that if Zeref turns evil again, he's not just going to curb stomp them and say "I don't need subordinates" or something. What's stopping him from utterly destroying them?

LoS
January 06, 2011, 01:50 PM
Probably because they have means to control him. The dark guilds are not as ignorant as us readers, they presumably know about the past, and about how Zeref might be controlled.

ghostexiled
January 06, 2011, 02:17 PM
^That is exactly the point I was making in defending the fact that GH will not be a push-over dark guild for FT.

You don't just go into this situation of capturing Zeref without having a solid plan on how to do so and having members that can stand up to Zeref long enough to complete the mission.

ca12nag3
January 06, 2011, 03:18 PM
Im not sure tho how they can get past that death wave *Zeref* randomly makes. It seems like only dragonmagic stands a chance? Natsus scarf is given by Igneel so i suspect its either made from him or by him magicaly. A one shot defence so far since its turned black.

meepers4982
January 06, 2011, 06:40 PM
i saw discussions about hades' age and now that i think about it just how old is he i mean makarov is 80 something so this guy has to be over a hundred, thats crazy.

I agree i dont think most mages would be able to stand against zerefs death mist or whatever it is, theres something really strong about that.

Sollum
January 07, 2011, 02:04 AM
Or they will simply "plug up" Zeref to some sort of machine, to drain out his powers, same way Natsu's and Wendy's powers where drained.

elitefox
January 07, 2011, 04:31 AM
Or they will simply "plug up" Zeref to some sort of machine, to drain out his powers, same way Natsu's and Wendy's powers where drained.

Possible, they might not want zeref as a leader but his magic for their cause. so bringing zeref to upgrade their magic might be their objective.

ca12nag3
January 07, 2011, 04:46 AM
Realy think Zeref or the dude that has Zerefs power isnt going to cooperate. Another thing to notice is he knows Natsu yet didnt expect to meet him there. So whatever he was looking for isnt Natsu.
Might have to do with the Island itself and im guessing this island is going to get destroyed ^^"

Yashie
January 07, 2011, 05:39 AM
Realy think Zeref or the dude that has Zerefs power isnt going to cooperate. Another thing to notice is he knows Natsu yet didnt expect to meet him there. So whatever he was looking for isnt Natsu.
Might have to do with the Island itself and im guessing this island is going to get destroyed ^^"

Just merely because he didn't expect to meet Natsu on the Island doesn't mean he isn't looking for Natsu. I mean, people would expect Natsu to be at the Guild and I'm guessing the Zeref guy wouldn't know they were holding the Exam right then and in the Fairy Island ... right?

Sollum
January 07, 2011, 07:24 AM
Was there a theory that first Guild Master Malvis will awake from his slumber to lead Fairy Tail?

Tho i wouldn't want it to happen >.> Then the only dead Guild Master would be Makarov, even tho he's the Third >.>

Btw, i think it was Mashimas trick, to make us think that Laxus will be fourth leader. Remember "And the seventh is already on the island..." and baam, they show Mest!

Ero-Sanji
January 07, 2011, 07:55 AM
^About the Laxus thing, he never stated that Laxus would be the fourth but that he's the one who shall eventually inherent the guild. Probably when he's ready.

ca12nag3
January 07, 2011, 08:23 AM
I dont see much logic in Laxus inheritting anything.
The first second and third master dont seem to be related at all. So why would Laxus grandson of Makarov inherrit anything?
Also between arcs when Makarov is pondering over who would be the next master he named several of his pupils, not only Laxus.
Another thing is friendship and trust, something Makarov holds high, Laxus destroyed both, first earn a place within FT if anything can be salvaged before even making him the new master.
People would have to want to follow him.

chess4
January 07, 2011, 09:24 AM
it said that laxus would inherit markorov's will. markorov's will was to always protect fairy tail members. laxus will return, but not as the guild master. gildarts will be the man in charge. markorov wanted him to take it so he could retire. gildartz may not want to do it but he wouldnt abandon fairy tail

Me2Ecchi
January 07, 2011, 09:35 AM
is there a possibility that zeref and the 1st master of FT could be related with each other? i mean, zeref is on FT holy ground, probably the only one's that can reach there are FT members, thats why GH could reach there cuz of hades. i mean, how zeref got there?
tbh this arc could be one of the best till now of FT. Hope im not wrong, cuz my expectations are high :D

swordsaintscoot
January 07, 2011, 09:41 AM
Is it possible that the Zeref we see now IS some form of Mavis?

It seems like a logical conclusion. We were told the spirit of Mavis rests on this island, no-one else should be on this island, and yet...there he is.

meepers4982
January 07, 2011, 10:04 AM
Is it possible that the Zeref we see now IS some form of Mavis?

It seems like a logical conclusion. We were told the spirit of Mavis rests on this island, no-one else should be on this island, and yet...there he is.

I dont think that zeref is mavis, but i could see him being a good friend to him back in the days when he was alive (unless zeref is a current container to zeref, sort of like an recarnation).

Ero-Sanji
January 07, 2011, 10:29 AM
I dont see much logic in Laxus inheritting anything.
The first second and third master dont seem to be related at all. So why would Laxus grandson of Makarov inherrit anything?
Also between arcs when Makarov is pondering over who would be the next master he named several of his pupils, not only Laxus.
Another thing is friendship and trust, something Makarov holds high, Laxus destroyed both, first earn a place within FT if anything can be salvaged before even making him the new master.
People would have to want to follow him.

Chapter 69: Entitled: Next Generation, Kinda does it for me. I mean it's the chapter were Laxus character gets fully introduced. When Mira and Lucy talk about it Mira states that Laxus potential as the next Master is very high due to him being Makarov's grandchild. In the chapter it was also stated that Makarov waited for Laxus to mature so that he could retire. Well, he has changed as far as I can see.

However, I'm absolutely with you on the matter of trust. But as we could see at Festival, they acknowledge him(the finger thing) and he regards them as friends(Fairy Law).

ca12nag3
January 07, 2011, 02:54 PM
Chapter 69: Entitled: Next Generation, Kinda does it for me. I mean it's the chapter were Laxus character gets fully introduced. When Mira and Lucy talk about it Mira states that Laxus potential as the next Master is very high due to him being Makarov's grandchild. In the chapter it was also stated that Makarov waited for Laxus to mature so that he could retire. Well, he has changed as far as I can see.

However, I'm absolutely with you on the matter of trust. But as we could see at Festival, they acknowledge him(the finger thing) and he regards them as friends(Fairy Law).

Your completely ignoring the fact Makarovs words about who would succeed him. Also he told Laxus in not so few words that he failed him and fairy tail. You cant ignore this.
You dont try to kill and remove all your grandpas members + friends and then come back saying hey! now im your new master.

Ero-Sanji
January 07, 2011, 05:06 PM
Your completely ignoring the fact Makarovs words about who would succeed him. Also he told Laxus in not so few words that he failed him and fairy tail. You cant ignore this.

If I'm not mistaken the finger thing was after those words meaning that he's still watching over him. Just because Laxus failed him doesn't mean that Makarov failed Laxus. Makarov clearly doesn't want him to end up like his father and he still believes in him.

You dont try to kill and remove all your grandpas members + friends and then come back saying hey! now im your new master.

The power of forgiveness.

Makarov believed in Gajeel but clearly stated that what he did was unforgivable. Same thing with Laxus, in the excommunication chapter he said that the crime was unforgivable but that his sole mission in life was to see him grow up and see him happy. There's no way Makarov is giving up on him and that's why he and the rest of the guild made the finger thing.

Urtear
January 08, 2011, 02:29 AM
has anyone considered that maybe cana will become the next master? i know it sounds absurd but when the war with phantom lord was going on she was the one who took charge and was calling the shots, also shes involved in a subplot this arc that has to do with her wanting to be an s-class, maybe thats resolved by her becoming master, even though its a longshot?

and personally i dont think luxus has a chance in hell of being master, he kinda fucked up with the whole fighting festival, he'll have to do some major shit to earn everyones respect, something along the lines of him making GH retreat from tenrou island?

i personally believe that the current s-class mages are going to have like joint leadership thing going on cause i dont see them getting a leader ASAP, like i think that might be an arc on its own: finding a suitable replacement for makarov

tobeulp
January 08, 2011, 05:56 AM
Crazy prediction
FT will lose to Grimoire Heart then will temporary be disabled by the council because they keeping Zeref in FT island that is if Makarov dies. Zeref will go with Grimoire Heart then became the leader.. And I think this is the time to have a training chapers for Fairy Tail then they will have a rematch against Grimoire Heart ^^

Sollum
January 08, 2011, 06:11 AM
has anyone considered that maybe cana will become the next master? i know it sounds absurd but when the war with phantom lord was going on she was the one who took charge and was calling the shots, also shes involved in a subplot this arc that has to do with her wanting to be an s-class, maybe thats resolved by her becoming master, even though its a longshot?

Noes :( I don't know why, but i dislike Cana. She is so useless, furthermore, she is an alcoholic, what makes her sad excuse for a woman.
Wendy - Ok
Erza - Ok
Lucy - ... well Ok
Juvia - Ok
Lisana - Ok
Mirajane - Ok
Evergreen - Ok

But not Cana >.>

Saifi
January 08, 2011, 08:57 AM
Honestly I wished for Gildartz to take over, instead of Laxus. But at the same time for Laxus to return. Gildartz is probably more wise and definitely the stronger one. I guess that means Mashima will send him on a another journey very soon.

Anyway as along Hades is around, FT is doomed. Even if Laxus and Gildartz would come back. Seriously Makarov lost without even scratching Hades.

I think that other than lexus the only other person taking over the guild will be Mirajane, shes the cover girl of FT, super strong with her take over magic , S rank mage and the most important fact , her name starts with M

Mavis, Master purehito, Makarov & Mirajane !

(on to page 2/10)

Kurohitsugi
January 08, 2011, 10:19 AM
I think that other than lexus the only other person taking over the guild will be Mirajane, shes the cover girl of FT, super strong with her take over magic , S rank mage and the most important fact , her name starts with M

(on to page 2/10)

Mavis, Master purehito, Makarov & Master Elfman ! Elfman will be the next FT master :p

Aside the joke I believe that Laxus will be the next one. This discussion about how can they trust Laxus or if he is more "mature" is a bit pointless. There have been 2 arcs since he left the guild. During his return Hiro can always portraying him as a person who have learnt from his mistakes and he is deeply emotionally changed by his grandpa death. That's the whole point of Laxus being excommunicated. To return and take over the guild as Makarov wanted.

I have the impression that Laxus will be the one who will save FT from the Council. I suspect that in the end of this arc, GH will be victorious and several of defeated FT members will be arrested by the council setting the path for the next arc. Perfect chance for Laxus to re-organize the guild and prove that he is a capable leader :eyeroll

Yashie
January 08, 2011, 11:18 AM
Mavis, Master purehito, Makarov & Master Elfman ! Elfman will be the next FT master :p

Aside the joke I believe that Laxus will be the next one. This discussion about how can they trust Laxus or if he is more "mature" is a bit pointless. There have been 2 arcs since he left the guild. During his return Hiro can always portraying him as a person who have learnt from his mistakes and he is deeply emotionally changed by his grandpa death. That's the whole point of Laxus being excommunicated. To return and take over the guild as Makarov wanted.

I have the impression that Laxus will be the one who will save FT from the Council. I suspect that in the end of this arc, GH will be victorious and several of defeated FT members will be arrested by the council setting the path for the next arc. Perfect chance for Laxus to re-organize the guild and prove that he is a capable leader :eyeroll

The new Council is looking to Disband! Scary ... I hope nothing too bad happens to FT

Razh
January 08, 2011, 01:03 PM
I think Mister Gildartz has the most chance of succeeding Mavis, Master Purehito and Makarov!

I can hardly wait for the chapter now.

ca12nag3
January 08, 2011, 03:58 PM

can i just lol here? Master Purehito????

His name is Purehito and they are all Master.

Enough with the jokes i think ^^

How about we go back to where we are now? The current chapter. We can always *told you so lateron*

So who will be fighting who and what is gonna happen with the Dragonslayers? I mean Natsu with his Scarf changing color and Wendy needed by Mest for some reason still not clearly shown!

meepers4982
January 08, 2011, 06:43 PM
So who will be fighting who and what is gonna happen with the Dragonslayers? I mean Natsu with his Scarf changing color and Wendy needed by Mest for some reason still not clearly shown!

With the appearence of zeref in the beginning of the arc makes me think that there will be something big revealed about them, Im also thinking that their being avoided right now so that their role will not be choppy and will be continued without stopping once started (it wont switch to one character to the next). Also i wouldnt assume about anyone fighting anyone, for all we know that might not even happen in this arc and may be extended into another new arc.

Dasbones
January 08, 2011, 09:50 PM
Anyone else think Ivan is going to show up after this arc to claim Fairy Tail as his birthright?

Since in a normal situation (I.E not crazy and evil) he would be the next in line master before Luxus.