PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Gantz 332 Discussion/333 Prediction Thread

GAT-X252
December 22, 2010, 09:51 AM
The chapter is out, you can get it here (http://www.filesonic.com/file/62727851/Gantz_332.zip).

Somnus
January 22, 2011, 01:20 PM
Nerdo and Anzu are back ? Too bad that the other remaining Osaka gantzers decided to be free

Mr.Aaron
January 22, 2011, 01:35 PM
Handing out cookies to whoever kept saying that Nerdo and Anzu were coming back. (Which is pretty much everyone).

Okay Oku, this is more than enough. Let's see some badassery please.

Can't wait for the scan. Thanks again for the spoilers, GAT.

cesarwgd
January 22, 2011, 01:45 PM
I knew Nerdo would show up

digitaldude
January 22, 2011, 02:38 PM
judging by the spoilers almost nothing happened this chapter, good to see nerd and anzu back though and is the guy from hokkaido the only one in the hokkaido team? He must be either really pro or really lucky.

akirasendoh20
January 22, 2011, 03:02 PM
the spoiler said that only nerd came back not anzu

Crisis.
January 22, 2011, 03:12 PM
^ oku is saving anzu for the next chap since nerdo revived her ( or at least asked for it )

JediKnight
January 22, 2011, 03:12 PM
No it says, only Nerdo helping the Tokyo Gantzers.

Somnus
January 22, 2011, 03:17 PM
Obviously Nerdo is the leader of Osaka team, that's why he was the only one to transfer

cesarwgd
January 22, 2011, 05:54 PM
Nerdo is the new Oka Hachirou, he must have probably defeated a 100 point boss by himself and he will surely kicks Blondie's alien ass!!! :P

Josef K.
January 22, 2011, 06:31 PM
So an old man huh, I get the feeling this new old guy will have a similar look to the old man before, sort of like a cheap duplicate of him, that maybe Kurono will have a close friendship like he did with the other old guy. As for Nerdo it was rather obvious he would show up I mean he likes the Tokyo team so much, Katou the most.

Oh well I want to see more information on what is Kurono 1 doing and more info on his plan.

102jayday
January 22, 2011, 10:21 PM
Looks like nothing much happens in this chapter, i knew they would show nerdo after the osaka side-story manga thing. Had to wait 3-4 weeks for this and it's a small chapter :( people been transfering in gantz for 3 chapters now lol...I wonder if the last page will have Anzu? Remember she has a kid to protect so she may or may not show up. I wonder where katou's brother is?
But it would be good for katou for anzu to show up, kurono will be like huuuhh?? when you get a gf?

Damura
January 23, 2011, 02:14 AM
So we can be reasonably sure that all Gantz balls have a Gantz man and that many of them are willing to help out their players (there's no way ~everyone~ would be able to hack the thing themselves). And we know that the leaders don't have their own Gantz man.

I figured that the people that transferred in represent their teams - or at least a fraction of their teams. Is it really just individual people coming over? You'd definitely think Anzu and Nerdo would team up, after Osaka... Then again maybe she's back to her old self, free of whatever powers of hypnotism Katou seems to possess over women during missions.

tekko001
January 23, 2011, 05:35 AM
You'd definitely think Anzu and Nerdo would team up, after Osaka... Then again maybe she's back to her old self, free of whatever powers of hypnotism Katou seems to possess over women during missions.

Anzu doesn't know Kurono and it seems that the transmission only showed him, maybe she doesn't know that Katou is there and decided to stay and protect her kid.

Refraction
January 23, 2011, 07:27 AM
Transfers usually don't happen simultaneously, as I understand it--so I'm guessing the glasses fellow arrived first. Kurono's message contained mention of Tokyo--and Anzu may well recognise Reika from the Osaka Mission--so I feel reasonably assured that she'll be able to infer that Katou'll be there. Whether it be for dramatic purposes or otherwise, I think Anzu will show up in the next chapter.

Styx47ag
January 23, 2011, 07:29 AM
@tekko1 Anzu would have seen Reika in the transmission and I'm sure she would have rembered someone famous like her. I'm wondering how much she would remember from the osaka mission. When katou died he didnt remember part of buddah mission.

free of whatever powers of hypnotism Katou seems to possess over women during missions.
Lolz Demura maybe thats Katou's super power, you have to kill all the woman off before he can die. Otherwise bam the bitch jumps in and takes the hit.

102jayday
January 23, 2011, 08:39 AM
She knows it's the tokyo team though and katou said to her he was going to bring his best friend back, Kei is the leader thats what all watching him on the sphere would think, so anzu would think that could be the best friend katou was talking about.

Anzu would remember up to the point katou gets hurt, both of them would remember their promise and stuff.

Anzu only takes physical damage when nurai kills her. The other time she was attack her suit protected her and it protected her for the last time against nurai pin ball form.

akirasendoh20
January 23, 2011, 12:00 PM
and where is the little girl who nerdo protect?
[hr]
hahahah first kishimoto dies because of kato then anzu

Shion Izumi
January 23, 2011, 02:10 PM
Does anybody think that Kuwa might have gotten his memory back? or do you think he is on one of those motherships, naked and being a pervert? I really wonder what is going on with the "free" Gantzers like Kuwa and Ookai (guy from minus)

Maybe JUST maybe the team has been racking up points by killing these aliens. I really want to see some Gantz man interactions. Its time to spill the beans.
[hr]
Maybe Kurono will request the help of Host Samurai and have the Gantz man send him to the room.

Somnus
January 23, 2011, 03:59 PM
Does anybody think that Kuwa might have gotten his memory back? or do you think he is on one of those motherships, naked and being a pervert? I really wonder what is going on with the "free" Gantzers like Kuwa and Ookai (guy from minus)

Maybe JUST maybe the team has been racking up points by killing these aliens. I really want to see some Gantz man interactions. Its time to spill the beans.
<hr noshade size="1">
Maybe Kurono will request the help of Host Samurai and have the Gantz man send him to the room.

I wonder if the Gantzman can restore the memory of all the free Gantzers and have them join again.

Then again, they could start remembering their Gantz life like Izumi started to remember.

Also when is Kishimoto going to appear ? If gantz restored the free Gantzers their memories would the original Kishimoto have a download of memory from her copy ?

102jayday
January 23, 2011, 09:49 PM
Kurono started to remember his memories back when the vampires attacked him. But he didn't have a weapon and no suit. Kuwa remembering will do nothing for him and i doubt he was so pervert raping stuff till after he entered gantz(but who knows, i doubt he could rape giant aliens, now now nurai was different it had all females over it...).
Who knows where their old suits go when they leave.

SuperShuter
January 23, 2011, 10:22 PM
*sigh* get on with it already Oku with you're invincible J-pop band... These character designs have put me off continuing reading. Look back how original the characters were in the first phase and now every character has degraded into looking like a model, makes me sick lol. Characters before were gritty and realistic and their was diversity in each mission.

This phase could have been amazing if the fights were like actual warfare in the streets, (guerilla) ect, but now were probably just going to see each character tanking through 10 of the enemy at a time.

abeyance
January 24, 2011, 12:12 AM
gantz saves copies of individuals before they are mortally wounded or injured I think. I remember the first mission Kei did without a suit he seemed to remember everything up to the point when BigBird slashed him up and he crashed on the roof. He got to the room and was all "What happened"
Yeah so Anzu may definitely remember Katou since she hadn't been injured all the while she was getting to know him. I'm curious about that Gantz Extra Kishimoto and if she will make an appearance as well (Not that she'll be of any use)

Tanma
January 24, 2011, 02:08 AM
I don't think Anzu is coming back. And if I'm not mistaken, the only mission after Nuri was the impossible one in Italy. Nerdo would never make 100 points in so little time to bring her back.

Juntakyle
January 24, 2011, 03:00 AM
I don't think Anzu is coming back. And if I'm not mistaken, the only mission after Nuri was the impossible one in Italy. Nerdo would never make 100 points in so little time to bring her back.

Actually he does! :) He reaches 100 points and asks gantz to revive her. (his gantz ball was fully working after the mission)

Josef K.
January 24, 2011, 11:38 AM
So that line that he would save the world just to save someone, I think was meant that Kei would save the world from the aliens just to save Tae, which kind of had me realize what I doubted before, that Oku would take this to a Tae rescue mission that in the meantime would have Kei destroy the aliens while trying to save her, interesting, I hope there are a few twists along the path though. :/

RamenEater
January 24, 2011, 03:14 PM
the spoiler said that only nerd came back not anzu

YEAH WHAT HAPPEN TO ANZU I WANNA SEE KATOU REACTION......

gnut
January 24, 2011, 08:00 PM
gantz saves copies of individuals before they are mortally wounded or injured I think. I remember the first mission Kei did without a suit he seemed to remember everything up to the point when BigBird slashed him up and he crashed on the roof. He got to the room and was all "What happened"
Yeah so Anzu may definitely remember Katou since she hadn't been injured all the while she was getting to know him. I'm curious about that Gantz Extra Kishimoto and if she will make an appearance as well (Not that she'll be of any use)

you're right...remember when kei got back to the room after the buddah mission,he didn't remember anything after kishimoto died.he was crying when he came back.also,when kato was brought back all he remembered was fighting kudou/1000arms.
the kishimoto extra was to prove nishi was telling the truth in the beginning...remember he said"there was a guy once who went home and there was another him".maybe this was to show us that gantz has always been flawed/malfunctioning...atleast the tokyo ball.

Damura
January 25, 2011, 02:06 AM
YEAH WHAT HAPPEN TO ANZU I WANNA SEE KATOU REACTION......

His face will be like this :oh or this :o, for Oku only has about 5 facial expressions in his repertoire, but on the inside he'll be more like this :spaz:

Forever Rain
January 25, 2011, 09:11 AM
Actually I always got the impression that Katou wasn't in love or liked Anzu that much. Her insane crush seemed to be one sided and Katou seemed to hesitate to agree to her promise of living together with her. I think he only said it to not make her feel bad right before the big moments.

Shion Izumi
January 25, 2011, 10:50 AM
It a real pity that Kuwa left the Gantz game a week before the invasion. What a dumb move on his part. This just goes to show you that the Osaka team, while leveled up, really had no idea on what was going on like Nishi and Izumi.

digitaldude
January 25, 2011, 11:55 AM
Maybe he did know what was going to happen, but since he thought he was going to die anyway, why not die blissfully unaware of catastrophe.

joshua019
January 25, 2011, 05:42 PM
Wat about Anzu?? I don't think that nishi or Izumi not even oku knows wat is gonna happen at that point... I always think that the vampires are the most unnecessary adddition.... Its a pointless plot driver that cause nothing but to erase a well develop character....

Mini_Pro
January 25, 2011, 09:20 PM
Gantz its going to have a consecutive chapter next week so we dont have to w8 too much :P

Asahina
January 25, 2011, 10:28 PM
Did the Gantz manga ever state a reason why the sky turned red?
And if the sky would start raining, will it be "red" rain? Like raining blood?

Cause this TV show I've been watching called "V (The Visitors)" actually had the same identical red sky idea as Gantz and it rained red rain water.

In the show, the evil leader named, Anna, explained to a female FBI agent what RED SKY was. Her explanation about red sky to the world is obviously a false truth, to cover up its true purpose.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhG0GckoVTc

Since it didn't rain in Gantz yet, I'd say the reason why there is a RED SKY is because their is an actual "red aurora light" that probably a number of huge spaceships are shining to cover the entire world. Maybe this is to block the sunlight from being exposed to their skin or a "declaring procedure" of their invasion attack?

Does anyone know the purpose of the Red Sky - besides to ignite biblical fear?

PS: Does any religion bible (Christian, Muslim, etc.) or any scientific data stating that "red sky" will come - and why it comes? Too lazy to use google. :darn

Styx47ag
January 25, 2011, 11:55 PM
Since it didn't rain in Gantz yet, I'd say the reason why there is a RED SKY is because their is an actual "red aurora light" that probably a number of huge spaceships are shining to cover the entire world. Maybe this is to block the sunlight from being exposed to their skin or a "declaring procedure" of their invasion attack?

If it was space ships that were shining light, then why did they stop during the night?

Yea im sure the red sky is some allusion to the arrival of the apocalypse.

Damura
January 26, 2011, 02:38 AM
Did the Gantz manga ever state a reason why the sky turned red?
And if the sky would start raining, will it be "red" rain? Like raining blood?

Cause this TV show I've been watching called "V (The Visitors)" actually had the same identical red sky idea as Gantz and it rained red rain water.

Red sky/raining blood is a fairly common idea. I've seen it a few times. Particularly in a videogame I played recently.. Siren: Blood Curse. Sky turned red, blood starting raining from the sky and then everyone turned into regenerating zombies. They did explain it though. Sort of. A magic alien fish was causing it. Or something. Because a little girl travelled back in time and ate its flesh.

Anyway it hasn't been explained in Gantz yet (if it ever will be..). Hasn't even been mentioned since the start. Maybe the giants moved Earth to another part of space or something. Or else they're maybe just shining a massive spotlight on Earth ?

Mr.Aaron
January 26, 2011, 01:18 PM
Gantz, to me, won't be the same without the scoring. I know it isn't a huge deal at first thought, but to me it's part of what made Gantz Gantz.

@ Red sky - I'm going to say now that I won't be surprised if the red sky isn't explained. Hell, I won't be surprised if the vampires aren't explained. Oku threw in a lot of things that he needs to explain... and already many fans are disapointed at the lack of answers. Seriously, how frustrating is it that the freaking Gantz man comes out of the ball and they don't even ask him what the whole purpose of everything they went through was?

They didn't even ask if they could get new weapons or revive people...

joshua019
January 26, 2011, 04:44 PM
PS: Does any religion bible (Christian, Muslim, etc.) or any scientific data stating that "red sky" will come - and why it comes? Too lazy to use google. :darn

1st the sky is blue is due to the composition(chemical constitution) of the upper atmosphere therefore changes in the composition of the upper atmosphere cud easily change its colour although it has to be a change in a large scale... Colour red always makes me think of Iron(III)

EvilKurono
January 26, 2011, 05:10 PM
1st the sky is blue is due to the composition(chemical constitution) of the upper atmosphere therefore changes in the composition of the upper atmosphere cud easily change its colour although it has to be a change in a large scale... Colour red always makes me think of Iron(III)

Yes we know about that but Asahina i don't think theres anything about it in any kind of bible or myth, oh well i remember some kind of rain of fire with the apocalypse but im not sure...anyway i don't think Gantz has anything to do with religion though

mote
January 26, 2011, 11:02 PM
They did explain it though. Sort of. A magic alien fish was causing it. Or something. Because a little girl travelled back in time and ate its flesh.

lol what a predictable plot

Rice the dog
January 26, 2011, 11:57 PM
p.9
SOLDIER: WHAT IS...YOUR BAGGAGE?
SOLDIER: WHAT'S UP?
GIRL: RATION...RATIONS!!
GIRL: I'LL TAKE RATIONS FOR GROUND TROOPS

p.10
SOLDIER: GOOD LUCK...

:rofl @ George Clooney. He seem out of place being in the manga. Tae is stupid, the boy might be contagious, that's what the furry animals are there for. And since he's a douche, the hampster can provide warmth by sitting on his face.

kanamechidori
January 27, 2011, 12:51 AM
Is the scan out?

Does anyone else think that there should be double issues to burn through some of the stuff that just feels like filler?

We don't need 3 chapters of people saying hi and shaking hands -_-

lolnameless
January 27, 2011, 08:02 AM
the black-ball-man said there're two left, one is the nerd, the last one must be anzu

EvilKurono
January 27, 2011, 08:28 AM
i found the 332 chapter in japanese only...really can't find it in eng or italian ...

Magnus
January 27, 2011, 10:53 AM
i found the 332 chapter in japanese only...really can't find it in eng or italian ...

It's only normal because the chapter has just been out so we should wait for a moment before scanlations come out. Plus by reading some posts on this thread you can know about some dialogues.

Anyway I don't understand exactly what happens with Kurono and the disguised alien woman at the end...

Kenshi
January 27, 2011, 01:34 PM
Here's the scanlation: http://mangatopia.net/manga/gantz-en/chapter/332

M-Hario
January 27, 2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah, there's the scanlation...

Thanks as always to mote for his great translation.

gameboy234
January 27, 2011, 03:10 PM
Don't think anzu will be the last. She is quite useless.
Wonder whether the boy with tae is undergoing mutation. Maybe he gain some powerup.:-_-

Seem that some of the new gantzer is not well equipped. The motor vehicle should be featuring soon.

CherryBoy
January 27, 2011, 03:45 PM
well.... i guess its gonna be a while till we see sakurai, unless they ask gantz man to transfer him in. I wonder if he is gonna cooperate with the squad now that he is so baddass. already was though.
Yeah i doubt that last person is gonna be anzu, it has to be the little girl that was with foureyes but i hope it isn't not saying i want the little girl to be dead are anything >.> Does anybody think kei2 will transfer tae to were they are if he is able to?
Lol @ my first post and having this account for like a year, usual just read others post.

killy-.-
January 27, 2011, 03:49 PM
the missions are already finished nerdo doesnt have to look after the little girl anymore, propably she is dead or taken to the mothership with her parents

SaitoSpike
January 27, 2011, 04:03 PM
k like WTF are there some Giants in the room or is Kei like 4' nothing lol some of those guys look like they're 7 feet tall (possibly taller)

did the Gantz find the tallest guys in Japan or somethin? lol (no offense) but over 6'0 guys arent the norm over there

Somnus
January 27, 2011, 04:19 PM
k like WTF are there some Giants in the room or is Kei like 4' nothing lol some of those guys look like they're 7 feet tall (possibly taller)

did the Gantz find the tallest guys in Japan or somethin? lol (no offense) but over 6'0 guys arent the norm over there

That's what I thought when I saw that page :D , probably Oku just made a mistake, I don't remember the other guys being that tall. But then again Gantz is filled with tall guys and big boobed women, and both are rare in japan anyways

Also I wonder who the last person will be. I've the feeling that it's going to be someone we already know, maybe the original Kishimoto died and ended somewhere else(not likely) or maybe it's Hikawa, after all the title of the next chapter is Reunion but probably it's directed at Nerdo and Anzu

Judau Ashta
January 27, 2011, 04:28 PM
I want to see the rapist dude just to see what he would do to the new girl or the giant alien women. :p

killy-.-
January 27, 2011, 04:30 PM
it must be Anzu, since Nerdo has been transfered

Josef K.
January 27, 2011, 04:40 PM
What a Birthday present a Gantz chapter, I mean ok it was good, the ending was not that much of a cliffhanger, so Kei is near the exit, the glasses guy should have been a better cliffhanger, or even the last person which I suppose is the girl form the Osaka team that likes Katou because at the end of the chapter it said reunion so I guess they will reunite. Also lol at the old man thinking Kaze is his old timer buddy. :D

warbandit66
January 27, 2011, 05:05 PM
I see I wasn't the only one who thought "WTF?" when seeing all these basketball player sized dudes in the room. A few of them where taller than Katou. And isn't that middle aged man who came into the room a bit old to be bleaching his hair?

I like that Kei isn't relishing his role as hostage taker. He seems to be remaining civil despite the fact that he just slaughtered a load of the woman's countrymen.

A_N_G_E_L
January 27, 2011, 05:06 PM
Don't think anzu will be the last. She is quite useless.
Wonder whether the boy with tae is undergoing mutation. Maybe he gain some powerup.:-_-

Maybe he turns into a Prawn!:D

I think it will be Anzu, since the preview says something like "next chapter; a reunion!"

But I hope it is not her, since she is fairly useless(like the most girls in Gantz), but better Anzu than Kishimoto!:s
And if Anzu appears let's hope she doesn't act as dumb and annoying like(Kishimoto) in the chapters before she died.
And if she appears, what is with Kishimoto? Katou needs to explain a lot!:p

Liked the old dude! He is funny and cool!:)
I agree with the people who say that everyone appears to be extremely tall! At the beginning I liked that Katou was the tallest, but now we have people that are taller than Kaze...:blink

I hope we are going to see some crazy battles soon! Right now I'm at the point where I don't really care for anyone, since it feels like that everyone has plot armor! Hope to see some of the main characters die, how about (at least one!)Kurono, Reika, Kaze and few others? Even Cherry is still alive!

Cpt Hanada
January 27, 2011, 07:21 PM
I think it will be Anzu, since the preview says something like "next chapter; a reunion!"

Very, very possible as IIRC a more accurate of the Japanese would be a reunion with that character

Who is the character is up in the air but I don´t think it refers to Nerdboy.

Also not bad for Kei 1, his main mission, rescue Tae failed but he is saving 250-300 civilians (I count 6 pouches about 20-25 persons per pouch) after making a mess with the alien city security (soldiers don´t run like crazy unless there is an alert going on)

Last Kei should hack the alien camera system and send a warm :moon message to the giants and Bradalien before departing.

M.

SaitoSpike
January 27, 2011, 07:33 PM
i'm gonna go 'the rock' on this one and say i guaran-damn-tee it'll be 'Host Samurai' (vampire dude) as one of the last 2 or possibly both him AND that other girl he was with since there are conveniently 2 spots left
[hr]

Last Kei should hack the alien camera system and send a warm :moon message to the giants and Bradalien before departing.

M.

OMFG that'd be sick! he could show like a video of him taking out a few of the guards and then jus give them a message

it could show the world they got someone tryina hold it down for the planet...some hope AND at the same time show everyone in the gantz room who's new that there's somethin special about Kei...they'd prolly all be starring at K2 at this point wonderin WTF? so uh when'd u do that again?

it would work for both Kei's since it could give a reason for these obviously over-egoed new ppl a reason to maybe let K be the leader...cuz its pretty clear at this point he's gotten NO RESPECT from none of the ppl who showed up lol...lol some of em made it look like he was a background extra lol

killy-.-
January 27, 2011, 07:40 PM
ok, what if The person is kei1 ?

elitefox
January 27, 2011, 09:18 PM
I want to see the rapist dude just to see what he would do to the new girl or the giant alien women. :p

lol the rapist should dive there for the giant alien woman to feel something :eyeroll, but I bet he is in for it ;)

I wonder what his students will say though, if they see their teacher like that...

mote
January 27, 2011, 09:20 PM
Very, very possible as IIRC a more accurate of the Japanese would be a reunion with that character

Who is the character is up in the air but I don´t think it refers to Nerdboy

That's a good point. I figured it was just talking about Nerdo so I left it out, but it makes more sense if Anzu's gonna show up. I hate writing "THAT [noun]" because it sounds so awkward and japanesey :p

elitefox
January 27, 2011, 09:20 PM
Gantz is monthly right? why the awfully short chapter of 18 pages? like wsj

mote
January 27, 2011, 09:22 PM
Gantz is monthly right? why the awfully short chapter of 18 pages? like wsj

It's bi-weekly actually. But the next chapter is "consecutive," which means that it's gonna come out next week (I think?).

fisheric
January 27, 2011, 09:35 PM
ok, what if The person is kei1 ?

but isnt he already part of the tokyo team?

Damura
January 28, 2011, 12:04 AM
^

What do you mean two spots left?

102jayday
January 28, 2011, 03:29 AM
If Kei1 had a working mobile phone...... calls katou, uhh hey katou are you at the gantz apartment? "Yes kei, i am, why sup?" "Um could you make gantz transfer me there and make sure theres room for everyone there" Kei has all the humans hold hands while he is getting transfered thus all of them are transfered into the room a easy escape. HAX!!!
Other person isn't kei1 because he isn't near any gantz balls.
It could and prob will be Anzu but then again it could be the most epic character.
Hahaha i love the wide spread of them all with the dual blade dude and then the little guy sitting on the ground, he is so cool...

RDN-567
January 28, 2011, 07:54 AM
I also think that the reunion title refers to Kei1 showing up, and telling the Tokyo team: "you wanted to go to the ship and save the people? well you're late, been there done that. Now tkae care of them, I'm going back for Tae!" :D and the new gantzers would astonished, and getting to respect and accept Kruono as a leader. Though so K2 would get the feeling that he is indeed just a clone, and K1 is more awesome..
[hr]I wonder, the sick kid, who's with Tae .. could be infected with NANOBOTS, via the alien food, and so becoming a vampire...:)
[hr]I hope old members wont die.. especially not Cherry, i kinda like he is becoming superman/Tetsuo(from Akira).
[hr]and also I'm getting fed up with watching only greetings and handshakes since 2 months, and super model gantzers. WTF is with you OKU?!
[hr]btw knows anyone anything about that gantz/burst named mobile game that is mentioned on the ch332 cover? (dl link?:P )

GAT-X252
January 28, 2011, 08:11 AM
It says "the reunion with that character".

It's obvious is Anzu.

EvilKurono
January 28, 2011, 08:25 AM

It's obvious is Anzu.

Ye i'm pretty sure thats Anzu, and about kei1...if he gets trasfered...well Tae would be screwed, all the people that are in the appartment haven't the bomb anymore but kei1 still does...so he has to save Tae, find a way to escape and reach the rest...now it seems to be quite impossible and this really makes me so impatient!!

Next chapter is about a reuinion, and i think that they will decide to attack, or at least find the Alien's weakness (if they have)...and they might meet kei1 right there...

SaitoSpike
January 28, 2011, 09:05 AM

It's obvious is Anzu.

i dunno why u guys think the reunion thing means Anzu i mean isnt it obvious that Katou knows the last person who got transfered...so obviously THATS the reunion

why doesnt that make sense to ppl?

might jus be my opinion but i dont feel as though Anzu is enough of a character to come back at this point

GAT-X252
January 28, 2011, 09:14 AM
The glasses guy from Osaka is not the last person. Gantz said there were 2 left after the old man was transfered.

Is Anzu, if you haven't read Gantz/Osaka then i suggest you do it now...the glasses guy gets 100 points and revives Anzu and now that he is finally coming back in the main book, it turns out Anzu won't?

Is not Kurono1, he is not "that character" he is "the main protagonist" and i doubt he is going to be transfered by anyone, it would be like throwing to the garbage all the situation Kurono1 has been in the last episodes.

SaitoSpike
January 28, 2011, 10:23 AM
yeah i kno its not the last person i didnt state it to be so however there is no evidence of any sort of correlation between Gantz saying there's 2 ppl left to bring out and it saying there will be a reunion next chapter

i supposed however if this nerdy guy got called back it could easily be Anzu as one of the last 2 at this point also i agree that its not Kei1 that would seem pretty stupid (since hes got unfinished business)..i think the reunion with K1 and the rest of the team will be more epic...like a 'Goku arrives in the nick of time" type thing

and hey you can't blame for not remembering the nerdy lookin douche at this point considering for a while there Gantz didnt come out for months

GAT-X252
January 28, 2011, 10:29 AM
yeah i kno its not the last person i didnt state it to be so however there is no evidence of any sort of correlation between Gantz saying there's 2 ppl left to bring out and it saying there will be a reunion next chapter

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66361

:confused:

There is a relation and the line literally says "a reunion with that character" meaning we know the character that's coming back next chapter.

Damura
January 28, 2011, 10:43 AM
could be the most epic character.

The sniper from the Buddha mission?

RDN-567
January 28, 2011, 10:44 AM
and if reunite means Anzu.. thats a big deal? another romantic thread. great. and she will sacrifice herself again for Kato. thats a big help:D

The sniper from the Buddha mission? he is dead..

Shion Izumi
January 28, 2011, 10:50 AM
I know its going to be Anzu, but what if there is more too it. The next chapter is titles "Reunion" so that might be some revivals as well. Maybe a Host Samurai appearance?

EvilKurono
January 28, 2011, 10:59 AM
I know its going to be Anzu, but what if there is more too it. The next chapter is titles "Reunion" so that might be some revivals as well. Maybe a Host Samurai appearance?
All the gantzers trasfered were next to a gantz ball, and if host samu wasn't there already he cant be trasfered from nowhere...so it can't be him...well maybe we'll see him in the next chapters but not yet.

lolnameless
January 28, 2011, 01:07 PM
im 96% sure that the last one is Anzu
1% Nakagawa (he is dying)
1% Kikuchi (the journalist)
1% Hoi Hoi (panda)
1% Kishimoto

bighawke5
January 28, 2011, 01:33 PM
SO everybody's love interest is back lols

kei might escape but how is he going to find his gf? she appears to be with a wealthy alien and he has no clue/idea of where she might be lol

what would be funny is if kei1 tells katou to beam his gf and him and the other humans....might lead to awkwardness if kei sees his gf with that other kid lols naked even!

Shion Izumi
January 28, 2011, 05:07 PM
If I was Kei I would go back to the apartment and have the Gantz man transfer Tae back to Tokyo. Finding her in a random alien apartment in a city that looks to be double the size of Tokyo seems next to impossible. I love scale of the mothership. That view from the skyscrapers to the apartment than to the animal cage where Tae is being kept. This thing is massive. Good luck finding her. Its like looking for a missing dog in a foreign alien city that you have no clue about.

EvilKurono
January 28, 2011, 06:07 PM
Yea i think gantz could trasfer Tae and Kei1 back to appartment becouse both of them are saved on gantz memories...

SaitoSpike
January 28, 2011, 06:18 PM
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66361

:confused:

There is a relation and the line literally says "a reunion with that character" meaning we know the character that's coming back next chapter.

ok lol but the reunion could easily be the nerd guy who jus got brought in i mean they havent seen him since he died either right? it could easily mean they're gonna catch up with him..since we ALSO know HIM as well lol

i mean ultimately it may prove to be Anzu who's brought back since Katou looks lonely having to watch not one but 2 Keis have their girls lol but still there's nothing that screams out its Anzu imo....i mean the fact we know that character whos coming back...well there's been ALOT of Gantzers some more memorable than others....

GAT-X252
January 28, 2011, 07:21 PM

No, the announcement of the next chapter says "The reencounter with that character"

That character, means one not many, i know is cool to predict it could be someone relevant, someone cool and interesting but sadly it's going to be Anzu.

It's obvious...

subaru052
January 28, 2011, 07:29 PM
why sadly? anzu was/is a great character, im glad to see her apart of the resistance!

does it seem like hes surprised to see katou? youd think after seeing reika and making the choice to transfer to that room he would expect to see katou there

digitaldude
January 28, 2011, 07:47 PM
im 96% sure that the last one is Anzu
1% Nakagawa (he is dying)
1% Kikuchi (the journalist)
1% Hoi Hoi (panda)
1% Kishimoto
Hoi Hoi should be more than one percent since we never saw it die.......

GAT-X252
January 28, 2011, 07:55 PM
why sadly? anzu was/is a great character, im glad to see her apart of the resistance!

Because she is boring, generic and another character designed to backup Kato's "awesomeness"?

She is not a stand alone character, she exists becasue of Kato and for Kato. Even the nerd has more dependency as a character.

I wish there was a cool female character in Gantz with an interesting actitude and a nice personality, but it seems all the mayor female characters in the manga were either Kato fangirls or Kurono fangirls with big tits and nice curves to distract the reader.

This new Mary just seems like a Rei Clone...i hope i'm wrong.

digitaldude
January 28, 2011, 08:00 PM
Because she is boring, generic and another character designed to backup Kato's "awesomeness"?

She is not a stand alone character, she exists becasue of Kato and for Kato. Even the nerd has more dependency as a character.

I wish there was a cool female character in Gantz with an interesting actitude and a nice personality, but it seems all the mayor female characters in the manga were either Kato fangirls or Kurono fangirls with big tits and nice curves to distract the reader.

This new Mary just seems like a Rei Clone...i hope i'm wrong.

You said it ,although that sadako stalker girl was neither kuronos fangirl
nor katos fangirl, she was a hojo fangirl.

SaitoSpike
January 28, 2011, 10:05 PM
for one thing why was that nerd guy even brought back? i mean this is the ultimate battle...only the best Gantz guys should be brought back....hell ma man we saw as the guy with the suit should be rbought back....from Osaka....this is serious there's no time for these garbage sacrifice dudes

and not to hate but Anzu is no diff imo the rest of these new ppl all look badass so why bring back some weak ppl from the crew we've seen

now its time to pick out the casualties for this 'war' lol

Crisis.
January 28, 2011, 10:51 PM
because all the other gantzter we seen are either dead,lost their memories or enemies.besides we already got a bunch of pros , i dont mind anzu coming back.

subaru052
January 29, 2011, 05:55 AM
anzu is a character that connects with katou, she doesnt seem to one dimensional to me, she did a pretty epic move for katou, i think she deserves to see him again, and maybe she isnt there just for katou, but yes she is apart of katous character. plus any girl that saw how awesome kurono and katou are would fall for them anyway, seems realistic to me.

GAT-X252
January 29, 2011, 08:26 AM
and not to hate but Anzu is no diff imo the rest of these new ppl all look badass so why bring back some weak ppl from the crew we've seen

Because he is not "weak", like Kurono, the nerd just needs a "little push" to become a total badass and then, just like Kato, the nerd just needs "purpose" to become a hero.

And that's a big argument in this manga, losers becoming heroes...

But i'm just tired of it. I rather have a lunatic like Kuwabara instead of that nerd, i miss the variety of characters that appeared in the first missions, now they are all good guys fighting for someone else "if you don't have someone to protect you suck" people.

moistgorilla
January 29, 2011, 08:30 AM
Because he is not "weak", like Kurono, the nerd just needs a "little push" to become a total badass and then, just like Kato, the nerd just needs "purpose" to become a hero.

But i'm just tired of it. I rather have a lunatic like Kuwabara instead of that nerd, i miss the variety of characters that appeared in the first missions, now they are all good guys fighting for someone else "if you don't have someone to protect you suck" people.

Remember that the lunatics are trying to take over the world so they obviously aren't going to join a team trying to save people.

SaitoSpike
January 29, 2011, 08:51 AM
aat this point im just glad we no longer have to wait a month for a chapter i dread the days when you might have gotten a chapter in a month and even that was a maybe

but i bet it has something to do with the live action movie they have to push hard now to get old fans who might have lost interest back into it before the movie comes out

Kenshi
January 29, 2011, 11:16 AM
I wanted a Gantzters with the "Gorlla" Suit :S

Damura
January 29, 2011, 11:37 AM

There's a few of those characters floating around but it seems like Oku doesn't want to focus on them. I'm looking forward to see how Cherry turns out in future though. Kind of hoping his steady mental decline continues.

Josef K.
January 29, 2011, 03:53 PM

Well in Gantz it is like that, Kei is made fun of by his classmates by being called a "Daytime Lantern", Katou was made fun of by Anzu for being weak and wanting to rescue people, Sakurai was bullied by his classmates, Nishi in real life is also bullied, the toddler Takeshi that Kaze wants to protect was beaten by his father.The Nerd I suppose also was not the most popular guy. The central characters here are like that, and I see the reason in Oku himself perhaps he was just like them when he was younger? Maybe he is a mix of all of them or something?

Either way Gantz is a manga that has extreme brutality and every day characters that are portrayed like evil freaks for example the Osaka team almost everyone that enters the Gantz room is a "freak" so to say because Oku wants to portray people like that, and then using the aliens he wipes most of them out and leaves the so called "weaklings" so even though tough guys appear in this manga they will never be seen as heroes. It is because the author probably wants to see people that are more like him to be winners, and the "bad guys" to lose.

But it depends sometimes good guys also die in Gantz but still they go out more like heroes then the bad guys. Almost everyone in Gantz is being made fun off, for being weak for being weird looking, Oku draws most of his characters like that. The dark side of humans is very well drawn in Gantz the characters all represent some human flaw.

lolnameless
January 30, 2011, 01:44 AM

i dont like the new characters either, they are too friendly....i want to see some jerks or some super high level fight on german/america....etc

RDN-567
January 30, 2011, 01:53 AM
i dont like the new characters either, they are too friendly....i want to see some jerks or some super high level fight on german/america....etc
The first arrived guy seems to me like a jerk.. and the chick and the older man a bit too

getiton
January 30, 2011, 04:18 AM
It's about time,that in the next chapter some bloody hounds are set free by the hellcage of GIANTS!

Damura
January 30, 2011, 09:31 AM

Can't really expect a whole lot of those types when the only reason they appeared was in response to a call for a rescue team. Although a decent enough excuse for someone like that is his friend or something got captured and he's just using the Tokyo team to get them back. Or maybe someone with a revenge thing might show up. Guess it's not happening though.

digitaldude
January 30, 2011, 09:36 AM
Didnt they say in one chapter that team America are all dead, funny how all the super powered ones get owned the most, I bet the other big 3 teams are going to be owned too and tokyo team saves the day like usual, typical.

moistgorilla
January 30, 2011, 09:55 AM
Didnt they say in one chapter that team America are all dead, funny how all the super powered ones get owned the most, I bet the other big 3 teams are going to be owned too and tokyo team saves the day like usual, typical.

No it never said that, all it said in one scene was that America is gone. I think America was hit first and also the hardest because it is the most powerful country in the world. If Oku doesn't touch America I will probably write a fanfic about it for fun.

edit: wow I feel like a loser saying im gonna write a fanfic... but hey i like writing and gantz.

teioh
January 30, 2011, 11:15 AM
YEAH! NERDO'S BACK!!!
Now we can see Katou + Nerdo tag team in action! XD

What about that GANTZ/BURST thing???

moistgorilla
January 30, 2011, 11:17 AM
YEAH! NERDO'S BACK!!!
Now we can see Katou + Nerdo tag team in action! XD

What about that GANTZ/BURST thing???

what the hell is GANTZ/BURST

mote
January 30, 2011, 02:50 PM
Gantz/Burst is a cell phone game. You can use your phone to scan that UPC on the cover and it'll take you to the download page or whatever. Far as I can tell, the game is the Gantz story with you playing as the main character. I can't find any pics of it, but honestly it probably sucks.

elitefox
January 30, 2011, 10:03 PM
No it never said that, all it said in one scene was that America is gone. I think America was hit first and also the hardest because it is the most powerful country in the world. If Oku doesn't touch America I will probably write a fanfic about it for fun.

edit: wow I feel like a loser saying im gonna write a fanfic... but hey i like writing and gantz.

Well for an alien with advance tech and even have translating gadgets without the need of google translate :eyeroll

they would probably want to strike down G8 as fast as possible to minimize casualties for their side ;)

Cio Koba
January 31, 2011, 12:27 AM
I know i knooow!!! ''that'' character is SEBASTIAN!!

..or maybe is anzou..

killy-.-
January 31, 2011, 04:45 AM
new cannon fodder arrived, atleast someone will die in the tokyo team

EvilKurono
January 31, 2011, 07:34 AM
ya can't wait for more action!

CherryBoy
January 31, 2011, 03:30 PM
i wonder if kei 1 could just call katou with a cell... have him beam tae to the gantz room, somebody said something eariler about using cell phones.

Wish Kuwa didn't leave gantz, i'd rather have him then anzu.
speaking of pretty gantz girls they need to find a way to revive tonkotsu I:<

subaru052
January 31, 2011, 04:22 PM
i dunno, think about the people going to the gantz ball~ take a character like nishi, he would see the broadcast, laugh at them, and then go on his way. any jerk or douchebag character you guys like wouldnt bother transfering themselves to tokyo. the people who did transfer are alike in the same that they want to survive and help others, so i dont expect to see too many assholes that wanna help save other people.

take ryou for instance, when kurono saved him and the other people instead of stepping up and trying to work with kurono and help save the others he just stared at kurono wondering how he got so good and got jealous about it... this is asshole character. kuwa was cool but he only wanted to fuck all the time, whats cool about that, perverts are greasy and diseased. XD

SaitoSpike
January 31, 2011, 06:38 PM
im still not sold on why Anzu should come back i mean other than being Katou's girl and all...i mean even when you go back and read the 3rd mission against the buddha statues there were at least 4 ppl in there who were intense as hell and seem like they'd be more useful

bahhh

that sniper dude would be HUUUUGE to have he was sick!!!!

elitefox
January 31, 2011, 08:21 PM
i wonder if kei 1 could just call katou with a cell... have him beam tae to the gantz room, somebody said something eariler about using cell phones.

Wish Kuwa didn't leave gantz, i'd rather have him then anzu.
speaking of pretty gantz girls they need to find a way to revive tonkotsu I:<

if gantz do not have a dna sample with lifelong memories, it cannot revive him/her :tem

except there will be an exception
I hope cherry will have an equipment that is suitable with his power, I mean lessen his side effects:o
[hr]

im still not sold on why Anzu should come back i mean other than being Katou's girl and all...i mean even when you go back and read the 3rd mission against the buddha statues there were at least 4 ppl in there who were intense as hell and seem like they'd be more useful

bahhh

that sniper dude would be HUUUUGE to have he was sick!!!!

yeah, but still need more improvement or experience with dodging and the like with invisibility. in short he needs to cope up more since he died really early.

Styx47ag
January 31, 2011, 08:25 PM
i dunno, think about the people going to the gantz ball~ take a character like nishi, he would see the broadcast, laugh at them, and then go on his way. any jerk or douchebag character you guys like wouldnt bother transfering themselves to tokyo. the people who did transfer are alike in the same that they want to survive and help others, so i dont expect to see too many assholes that wanna help save other people.
. XD

Or they came to try and bang reika :nuts

Shion Izumi
January 31, 2011, 08:28 PM
I wish Kuwa was going to come back, but oh well :(.

I also wonder if the Tokyo Gantz man can revive people from other balls. If the balls can communicate with each other I don't see that as a too far fetched thing to do. They can probably clone Kuwa, but I doubt it. The only character that deserves to come back is Izumi. He adds to the plot and will balance out the team. Remember, if Izumi comes back it will be the Oni mission Izumi.

Kenshi
January 31, 2011, 10:04 PM
Why everyone want Kuwabara back? xD

Damura
January 31, 2011, 11:33 PM
^

Definitely a better character than Anzu or Nerdo. One of them instantly fell in love with a stranger and threw herself in front of a laser beam to save him, putting her only child at risk, and the other is a clumsy loser with an absurd amount of plot armor. It was immediately clear to me that Anzu was semi-retarded and Nerdo was to be some lame, comic relief hybrid of Kei and Inaba. I'd rather have the sex maniac any day.

gameboy234
February 01, 2011, 12:23 AM
No point getting anzu back. However seeing nerdo is here, good chance that anzu will appear.

I got a feeling that just when Kurono is about to escape from the ship, he will be facing/brushing past the elite/handsome alien in earlier chapter.

GreatestGantzer85
February 01, 2011, 05:00 AM
No point getting anzu back. However seeing nerdo is here, good chance that anzu will appear.

I got a feeling that just when Kurono is about to escape from the ship, he will be facing/brushing past the elite/handsome alien in earlier chapter.

Whats the point in having her back? She's just going to get killed protecting Kato anyway. Just like last time. Out of all of these newcomers I bet all except for one.. "Nerdo" is going to end up dead. WTF happened to Gantz? This is not the manga I fell in love with....

SaitoSpike
February 01, 2011, 05:14 AM
actually now that i think about it...when you consider there's been some pretty decent to really sick characters that died...theres really no reason to not consider the possibily that K1 may simply command his own team at first till they get the heavyweights of this whole 'invasion' and the survivors from each side are forced to merge

its not impossible and actually that wouldnt be too bad

Damura
February 01, 2011, 07:00 AM
Wonder if Kaze/Takeshi/Nishi are going.

If Nishi stays behind he might meet up with Cherry.

Anzu's kid is probably dead, right?

SaitoSpike
February 01, 2011, 08:27 AM
hhmmm actually....there's really no arguing that from a tactical point of view the easy choice should be Izumi....i dunno how we even forgot about him he's by far the most powerful person available....i'd say he's the only one who could rival Kei in general (katou's good but the skill is not the same level)

despite his personality he's the obvious choice...matter factly i really think he will be back actually he's too strong a character and his death was kinda weak

Josef K.
February 01, 2011, 09:09 AM
Wonder if Kaze/Takeshi/Nishi are going.

If Nishi stays behind he might meet up with Cherry.

Anzu's kid is probably dead, right?
I am sure Kaze and Takeshi are going with Kurono 2 the only one to stay behind will probably be Nishi, I wonder what are they going to do first though, attack the alien ship? Or beat the aliens on Earth first. Though I really like to see Sakurai with them I admit I will be sad if he was left out of the big battle.

BaLD
February 01, 2011, 09:42 AM
could it be EXA/Kishimoto, and like nerdo is there anzu will show up later

Shion Izumi
February 01, 2011, 10:41 AM
Maybe its not Anzu. Maybe Anzu is captured or with her son protecting him. You never know guys. Its not outside the realm of possibilities.

If they kill off Cherry, I hope its in a cool way like self destruction to destroy the mothership or something. I can't see him getting killed by these weak ass giant fodder. That would be lame.

GAT-X252
February 01, 2011, 11:47 AM
could it be EXA/Kishimoto, and like nerdo is there anzu will show up later

EXA is placed in another reality.

Cru
February 01, 2011, 07:49 PM
I think every one of these newcomers is like Kei and will probably end up doing their own thing. They're probably all survivors for different reasons that will become apparent when shit hits the fan.

No-eyebrows is my new favorite, pretty much everyone else looks untrustworthy.