PDA

View Full Version : Review Ten comments by Dimska for Naruto chapter 334

dimska
December 11, 2006, 08:23 PM
Hey everybody ! As Gold Knight isn’t doing a review this week and that I only have exams to work on, I thought I might try writing a review for a change ! So here it is :

Dimska’s ten comments of Naruto chapter 334

334 : The dark transformation

1. Die, naïve humans!

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7130/001pt5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Shikamaru is supposed to have great insight and all but once again, he has failed to analyse completely the enemy’s capacities: in last chapter he had forgotten all about Kakuzu’s projectible limbs and this time again it seems as if he failed to imagine a scenario where Kakuzu is a weird sewn up zombie with weird tentacles.

He could have wondered if he could only be killed with a stake or with a silver bullet in the head, if he had multiple hearts (or four ghosts/demons plugged in his back but I don’t think anyone had seen that one coming).

A weird zombie with tentacles and projectible limbs just isn’t supposed to go down that easily! What do they teach at the ninja academy nowadays?!?

But I for one have faith in Shikamaru and as we’ll see further in this review, he may have a plan (even though he’s taking a deserved break this chapter).

2. The perfect offense

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7426/perfectoffensevp5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Kishimoto explained very conveniently the element weaknesses and strengths last week and here we have Kakuzu, equipped with 4 thingies plus himself which make us suppose he can (or could) use the 5 elements.

Now that’s something new: everybody was looking for the perfect defense, using sand, chakra, weird immortality and such, Kakuzu managed the other side of the deal: “whatever you use to defend yourself, I’ll have the element that’ll pawn you!” I like this kind of approach to life, fitting for an S-Rank criminal ninja member of the meanest organization in town (or in the village…)

Now we understand why all his previous partners died: no matter how strong they were, they were always matched against the wrong elements. Because when you think about it, all previous partners were potential akatsuki members and he managed to defeat them all, it’s not like they wouldn’t fight back during his rage, they were mean ninjafuc**rs”

“Earth is weak against lightning, you got matched with the wrong guy” Kakashi, Kakashi, you really shouldn’t use these kinds of phrases, they always seem to turn back on you…

3. Hidan, the fearsome akatsuki overpowered immortal psychopath!

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7411/hidankr4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

You have to love Hidan. He just has one idea and he sticks to it: “I’m really gonna do it! I’m gonna pull out their guts! ”. You have to commend Kakashi and team 10 to not completely freak out when they hear him say that. He’s the guy that killed Asuma, one of the most powerful jounins of Konoha after getting his head chopped up as if it was nothing.

I hope that Hidan will soon show us a extremely powerful raw jutsu which will definitely convince us that he belongs to akatsuki because let’s face it: even though he’s immortal and can curse people extremely easily, he’s still not at Orochimaru, Itachi or Sasori’s level.

4. Die, foul demon!

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8162/itcantalkxl5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

So Kakashi did manage to do some damage! It is reassuring because it means that Kakashi really is on par with Kakuzu and that you can defeat these immortal, all powerful ninjas! (You just need to have a dozen sharingan-eyed copy ninjas ambushed throughout the bushes)

That said they really are ugly thingies! Any clues on what they are, anyone? I hope we learn more about Kakuzu in the coming chapters because he really is one weird ninja even when compared to the rest of shark-like, half plant akatsuki members.

5. Akatsuki teamwork at last!

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2696/teamworkoz3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Something had always been bothering me: Akatsuki worked in pairs but we had never seen two of them fighting together: it was always like “Okay let’s split up so the good guys may have a chance” or “Then it’s decided: you fight the ten first minutes then it’ll be my turn while you’ll be pouting/drinking beer on the side!”

We witnessed in this chapter a glimpse of what a akatsuki pair can do when working together and I definitely hope we’ll see more next week (as long as it doesn’t involve too much wounds/hospital stay for poor Kakashi). They took out the niibi fairly easily working together, now is the time to show us how it’s done! (go Hidan and Kakuzu, Yeah!)

6. This is akatsuki!

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9649/thisisakatsukips2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

When team Gai met Kisame’s clone, Neji was amazed by his chakra capacity (which could only be compared to Naruto’s chakra) and « This is akatsuki » was Kisame’s answer. Kisame’s weak clone then proceeded in kicking team Gai’s ass quite powerfully.

That was something that was missing in this akatsuki pair in my opinion: okay they were strong and all but we hadn’t seen a monster riding on a summoned wave with a huge sword that tears and eats chakra, a flying guy who while taking on Gaara can blow up a whole village or a puppet freak who can send an army of a hundred of poisonous puppets against you.

Now with Kakuzu we have a true akatsuki member: taking a raikiri through the heart does sting quite a bit but you are up to summon four demons/ghost from your back and kick Kakashi in the bushes using four different elements!(if you consider that kakuzu and each of the 3 remaining ghosts can only use one element)

All that remains to know is if Hidan also has some monstruously powerful jutsus up his sleeves: his sacrifice jutsu is great and all but he should have a trick to kill hundreds of weak/anonymous ninjas as once. I think it’s one of the conditions to join akatsuki: you must be able to kill a hundred random ninjas in less than a minute with one huge ninjutsu/sword/bomb/army of puppets/snake/ blink)

7. The man with the plan!

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4486/theplanrf6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

What is that scroll in Shikamaru’s hand? Such a teaser by Kishimoto (and one that had to be pointed to me) : it’s no fun to use a scroll if it hasn’t been shown in the previous chapter! Combined to the strange vial given to Kakashi, we can predict a very long and interesting fight with team 10 playing an active and really useful role (at last!).

8. Team 10, duck and cover!

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5650/015fi3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

This could have been a fitting name for the chapter: just as the drills in the US in case of a nuclear attack where you had to duck under your table in case of a nuclear attack, it seems as if Ino’s warning to Shikamaru and Chouji was issued with a good intention but is completely useless against the raw power of akatsuki’s attack. Run? Sure, but where to and how fast?

Seriously, team 10 hasn’t shown anything in this chapter and I wonder if Kishimoto is having problems dealing with the new generation in part 2: they are supposed to have improved but now the only available opponents are akatsuki members and orochimaru!

The 2.5 years break just wasn’t enough for them to reasonably reach that level and now they only get pawned in most fights, except for Naruto and Sakura to a certain extent.

9. Two handed raikiri?!?

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/51/raikirigu2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Kakashi once again shows that even though he can be beaten by akatsuki members, he’s in the same league. The problem is, Kakashi is just a man (just a ninja?) and he doesn’t have a monstruous amount of chakra which are only available to the real heroes (Naruto and Sasuke) or any decent bad guy.

It does seem a bit unfair but hey, maybe hate leads not only to the dark side but also to huge chakra capacity!

This is why I fear Kakashi will soon be very short on chakra: he’s already used three raikiris plus his sharingan a bit so he should still be okay for a chapter or two but he won’t last much longer against the 3 weird things.

10. I’m too sexy for my clothes!

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6025/toosexydp4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I think that quite a few Kakashi fan-girls flashed on that picture: Kakashi without his ninja jacket (how the hell will he summon his dogs with allure if he doesn’t even have his flashy scrolls?) and with a teared up mask. What will he lose next week? All bets are on!

I am sure that the more perverted fan-girls have their wishes but Kakashi’s true face may be revealed next week due to the teared up mask (we did have a spoiler cover some time ago). Please no puns about Kakashi being hot!

Note: 4.5/5
This chapter was very nice and all, showing very good fights and Akatsuki/Kakashi awesomeness but team 10 was way too passive for my taste. But the greatest thing in this chapter is all the openings in the fight which are shown: this fight has such a huge potential!

Think about it: elemental fights with a wind ghost ripe for Kazengan introduction, Kakashi greatness with his face possibly revealed, Shikamaru’s vial, scroll and genius, Ino and Chouki’s new abilities, Kakuzu and Hidan combo, Hidan other jutsus (this one really is huge speculation) and all that mixed with the arrival of the omnipotent ruler!

This may be a great fight on the level of Naruto’s bridge fight (one of the greatest in my opinion) So Kishimoto please do not disappoint us! (I know you won’t)

The pics were taken from Yume’s scanlation, I wanted to ask them if I could use their work but I didn’t know how to reach them. So if they have a problem with my using their great work, they can send me a post or I suppose a moderator could delete the pictures.
So thanks Yume for the scanlation and for letting me use your scans (if you have no problem with that)

Raseru
December 11, 2006, 09:19 PM
Great comments, Dimska. I'm hoping to see more of your comments on future chapters.

venicia777
December 11, 2006, 09:43 PM
Nice comments. i dont know if some of your points are just jokes or you truly mean them- but on the whole this was good.

if i decide to reply to all of your comments i am sure i will write as much as you did-- so for now i will just comment on a few.

1) i am pretty sure unless you are good with some sort of clairvoyance power- there is no way one can determine anothers whole repertoire of jutsus if he shows little. And that goes for Shikamaru too.

You say shikamaru has insight-- and he really does. As you showed he is adapting. Witb the scroll, who knows what he is up to.

And i honestly dont think he forgot about Kakuzu. at least he learnt from Raido that kakuzu could make his skin as hard as steel. as well as see that he could throw his hands as projectiles.

Most importantly, though- the main reason why i think he didnt forget about Kakuzu, as many havent realized, is his battle strategy. He was using Hidan (the known) and his immortality to fight Kakuzu (the unknown). i presume with chouji, ino and kakashi at that time hiding in the background, shika's preemptive move was to force Kakuzu to reveal his hand (jutsus). Ultimately, he only revealed about one and that was when chouji and kakashi came in.

you say you have faith in shika-- that is good-- for a while i thought you didnt :p

2) you got to love kakuzu. it is highly probable that no one expected him to be of this nature. Using ghosts stashed in his body-- nice move by kishi.

i agree Kakuzu is an elemental powerhouse. And he could be an elemental user himself.

But does each of his elemental ghost really know only element? Didnt kakashi say something like the masked guy alone knew three elemental jutsus at such a level it was unbelievable.

8) of all our favorite rookie nine + team Gai--- only the major characters (Naruto and Sakura) have had serious time to display their strengths. Shikamaru is only the other one to have received sufficient exposure for us to see his growth.

I honestly wasnt hoping that much to see of their growth (but of cpurse just a little). I must say this, Akatsuki has S-class missing nins. we have seen some low rank ninja's go against higher ranked ones and survived (save sasuke arc). But truth be told-- with these experienced S-class Akatsuki members-- will such luck hold? i mean, were we really expecing our favorite young heroes to match up to them after just 2.5 - 3 years?

CupofDice
December 12, 2006, 06:42 AM
2. Yeah, I am loving Kakuza's ability. I was hoping that Naruto wouldn't have too easy of a fight on his hands after seeing a preview of his jutsu, and Kishi doesn't disappoint. Hopefully a good battle royale is coming up.

3. Hidan seemed like a little kid beside Kakuza, and his wraiths. I have a feeling that Gold Knight may be right in calling Hidan's jutsu cheap, and that may be all he has. I also hope to see something else from him though.

4. I am going to guess some sort of twisted Tenjus. Those masks may be some sort of seal. Also I am thinking that Kakuza may be like those Shades? from Eragon. If I remember correctly, Shades were humans who called spirits to do their biddings, but the spirits were sometimes too powerful/evil for them, and they were taken over (I'm not saying Kakuza is controlled by those things). I remember Shades not really having anything in their bodies, just spirits. I haven't read Eragon in a long time because it sucks, so I may be off. Either way some symbiotic relationship is probably going on.

7. A seal scroll like the one Jiraiya used, though that is probably too simple. I am also wondering what happened to that vial. I am thinking that Kakashi used it on Kakuza since Shika said use it when you got an opening. Maybe the scroll and vial are related, and he needs the scroll to 'activate' it? Another thought just popped into my head. What if Hidan's blood was in that vial and the plan was for Kakashi to spread it on his flak jacket and allow Hidan to hit it?. Hmm. Hidan could end up killing himself. :smile-big

Good comments, and hopefully you will continue :thumbs

dimska
December 12, 2006, 07:13 AM
Nice comments. i dont know if some of your points are just jokes or you truly mean them- but on the whole this was good.

Thanks for appreciating my comments, most of my points are serious, it's just that I like to mix a lot of unseriousness to everything I write,but all of it was pretty much my opinion.

1) i am pretty sure unless you are good with some sort of clairvoyance power- there is no way one can determine anothers whole repertoire of jutsus if he shows little. And that goes for Shikamaru too.

You say shikamaru has insight-- and he really does. As you showed he is adapting. Witb the scroll, who knows what he is up to.

And i honestly dont think he forgot about Kakuzu. at least he learnt from Raido that kakuzu could make his skin as hard as steel. as well as see that he could throw his hands as projectiles.

Most importantly, though- the main reason why i think he didnt forget about Kakuzu, as many havent realized, is his battle strategy. He was using Hidan (the known) and his immortality to fight Kakuzu (the unknown). i presume with chouji, ino and kakashi at that time hiding in the background, shika's preemptive move was to force Kakuzu to reveal his hand (jutsus). Ultimately, he only revealed about one and that was when chouji and kakashi came in.

you say you have faith in shika-- that is good-- for a while i thought you didnt :p

Well, you are right in saying that Shikamaru did think ahead about Kakuzu having hidden abilities but it's just that we were sold a genious ninja with a I.Q over 200 but plot no jutsu always seems to make his most recent strategy fail to a certain extent.

I guess it's because he's just a chuunin and can't be shown just yet pawning S-rank akatsuki members. But I do have hope that Kishimoto will make him shine for real in this fight: not just brilliant strategy, but brilliant strategy that works.

2) you got to love kakuzu. it is highly probable that no one expected him to be of this nature. Using ghosts stashed in his body-- nice move by kishi.

i agree Kakuzu is an elemental powerhouse. And he could be an elemental user himself.

But does each of his elemental ghost really know only element? Didnt kakashi say something like the masked guy alone knew three elemental jutsus at such a level it was unbelievable.

What I think Kakashi implied -but it's just my opinion- is that the two akatsuki members are strong and the masked one -Kakuzu- can use 3 elements but I think he meant through his 3 ghosts. But in that case, what about earth? Can't Kakuzu himself use doton? That's where i am unsure of what Kakashi means.

8) of all our favorite rookie nine + team Gai--- only the major characters (Naruto and Sakura) have had serious time to display their strengths. Shikamaru is only the other one to have received sufficient exposure for us to see his growth.

I honestly wasnt hoping that much to see of their growth (but of cpurse just a little). I must say this, Akatsuki has S-class missing nins. we have seen some low rank ninja's go against higher ranked ones and survived (save sasuke arc). But truth be told-- with these experienced S-class Akatsuki members-- will such luck hold? i mean, were we really expecing our favorite young heroes to match up to them after just 2.5 - 3 years?

Yeah, I agree with you. Akatsuki spells disaster for konoha's ninjas: part 2 is supposed to be darker and I think that Asuma's death may just be the beginning of it. Kishimoto could easily kill young ninjas such as tenten who almost never had any exposure or maybe Kiba or shino. Or he could kill a really important character (Kakashi! Duck and cover!)

venicia777
December 12, 2006, 08:25 AM
thanks for the reply.

i will come back later at lunch time and continue my comments.

dimska
December 12, 2006, 09:21 AM
2. Yeah, I am loving Kakuza's ability. I was hoping that Naruto wouldn't have too easy of a fight on his hands after seeing a preview of his jutsu, and Kishi doesn't disappoint. Hopefully a good battle royale is coming up.

This battle really is getting very exciting and I really hope it won't be interrupted like too many battles by plot no jutsus. Kakuzu really has nice jutsus which are calling for a massive fight with a bit of Naruto savior on the way!

4. I am going to guess some sort of twisted Tenjus. Those masks may be some sort of seal. Also I am thinking that Kakuza may be like those Shades? from Eragon. If I remember correctly, Shades were humans who called spirits to do their biddings, but the spirits were sometimes too powerful/evil for them, and they were taken over (I'm not saying Kakuza is controlled by those things). I remember Shades not really having anything in their bodies, just spirits. I haven't read Eragon in a long time because it sucks, so I may be off. Either way some symbiotic relationship is probably going on.

I haven't read Eragon but yeah, that was the first thing I thought when I was reading the chapter: Kakuzu is just a host for these ghosts. But at the end of the chapter, Kakuzu pretty much seems in command so it may be something symbiotic: just as with Shino, they may be feeding on his chakra (or maybe they feed on money, that would explain why Kakuzu always seem so eager to get cash)

7. A seal scroll like the one Jiraiya used, though that is probably too simple. I am also wondering what happened to that vial. I am thinking that Kakashi used it on Kakuza since Shika said use it when you got an opening. Maybe the scroll and vial are related, and he needs the scroll to 'activate' it? Another thought just popped into my head. What if Hidan's blood was in that vial and the plan was for Kakashi to spread it on his flak jacket and allow Hidan to hit it?. Hmm. Hidan could end up killing himself. :smile-big

Hidan killing himself would indeed be quite fun but doesn't he bleed from the mouth once? He should have swallowed a bit of his own blood at that time so I fear he's immune to his own jutsu (but I agree that it would be very nice). I hope it has nothing to do with blood and that was just Kishimoto teasing us: it should be something nobody has thought about, it's his world he can do whatever he wants with it so I hope he'll surprise us!

Good comments, and hopefully you will continue :thumbs

Thanks, it's always nice to know the time spent to write the review was appreciated! :smile-big

Absolutio
December 12, 2006, 04:50 PM
Really nice comments.
As you said, we can now understand how Kakuzu was able to kill all his other Akatsuki partners. I mean, they were Akatsuki=Really really strong, and he was able to kill them all when they made him angry => Kakuzu is really powerfull.

Double Raikiri.. mm.. I wonder how he charges each hand of his with the chakra (since he needs to hold his hand with his other hand to charge it, he even do the same with Rasengan).

Really nice comments, keep with the good work! :D

dfcarolinaguy
December 12, 2006, 06:08 PM
Good job on the review dude

venicia777
December 12, 2006, 06:41 PM
3) yeah!! i love his one minded approach. Kinda reminds you of naruto. Probably thats why Kakuzu thinks he is dumb :p i remember him wanting to go back to Dr. Evil's bounty station just because he told them he was gonna come back :o

anyways, after shikamaru probably studied his fighting and the voodoo jutsu he is the known entity here so I think the team aint freaked out about him at all. Kakuzu is the unknow-- that is why all the major attacks so far has been directed towards him. Both shikamaru via Hidan, chouji and Kakashi have had their turn on him.

4) well, i dont know about Kakashi being on par with Kakuzu though. Imagine Kakashi and Kakuzu fighting one on one-- i think that may be the best way to analyze this.

but with the way Kakashi managed to get behind Kakuzu (of course some argue that he used the commotion of chouji's attack to sneak in with the help of the sharingan) and raikiried it is understandable. On top of that Kakashi has MS. But with Kakuzu's four ghosts and himsel-- will Kakashi be on par with Kakuzu on a one on one fight?

then again kakashi can easily be on par with some of the lower ranked akatsuki members.

for sure those ghosts will ugly. they way the one kakashi got was lying on the ground reminded me of Juon- the movie.