PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 217 Discussion/ 218 Predictions

ghostexiled
December 26, 2010, 06:32 PM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current translation here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/217/)

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/59906726/1

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

Kravmaga
January 08, 2011, 11:15 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/59906726/1

Castriota
January 08, 2011, 11:32 PM
well hello capricorn. that has to be why loki looked flabbergasted. haha but its crazy how they all have their own special sort of power

Zatono
January 08, 2011, 11:33 PM
Wow, how unfair for the FT mages. Well, I suppose they had to lose eventually. Until now its just been complete victories. I mean, even in Rave, Mashima had them lose a major battle or two. This is definitely the time for that, so FT is going to have to be saved.

On another note, Zancrow is a God-Slayer? That just screams forbidden magic. I hope he doesn't end up having the ability to eat flames too, or there's some nasty side effect.

ghostexiled
January 08, 2011, 11:59 PM
So not only Ultear... but all of the members of GH have Lost magic.

This is going to end very badly for FT.

I wonder if there are going to be other "God" Slayers now... like there is for Dragon Slayers.

This reinforces the idea that even if Gildartz, Bixlow and Fried came back... FT would still lose this battle.

This manga has to stop being so awesome or somebody is going to explode! :p

On a side note... looks like most of us were wrong in our match ups with FT, save Zancrow.

Newkerzy
January 09, 2011, 12:00 AM
Fire Dragon vs Fire God!!?? oh man, this arc just keeps getting even more and more epic!! Seriously, Mashima will definitely going to be one of the Big 3 now. Since one of the Big 3 seem to be going into retirement.

Barayosei
January 09, 2011, 12:22 AM
First off I have to say I laughed when Elfman comments "What's with this guy? Is he a man... or a fruit...?" And yeah it's pretty much confirmed Caprio is Capricorn now isn't it? Especially with Loki's reaction.

xErzaScarlet
January 09, 2011, 12:24 AM
Is there really a fire god ? Oh well , it seems like the actions is going to start next week .
Now , they didnt show what happened to Makarov now .
Is he dead ?

http://i54.tinypic.com/6duwsh.jpg

mashimashilove
January 09, 2011, 12:34 AM
ooh, i can't wait for rusyrose's fight. i sense...complete victory. <3 but i laughed at elfman's comment, too. xD meldy's fight should be interesting, too. hopefully she isn't an android, or jubia will rust her.

the rest of the fights are sure to be interesting, too. lost magic is too vague a hint. god killing magic, time magic, explosion magic...there's no real link between them, so lost magic must be pretty encompassing. :o

i'm excited for the coming chapters, oh yess.

1337 haxor
January 09, 2011, 12:34 AM
First off I have to say I laughed when Elfman comments "What's with this guy? Is he a man... or a fruit...?" And yeah it's pretty much confirmed Caprio is Capricorn now isn't it? Especially with Loki's reaction.

So Rustyrose has the suspicious look on him doesn't it?

It's gonna be hard, the good news is that Hades will pretty much stand still while the 7 kin fight. The bad news is that they on their own are pretty crazy hax.

Winning now is out of hand, even though the likes of Gildartz could sigle out any of the Seven Kin on his own there is still Hades to face off and unless Gildartz is considerably stronger than Makarov then everyone is screwed.

To defeat Hades at this point would require both Gildartz and a very improved Laxus teaming up to face him.

Fairy Tail has a trumph tough, if Zeref decides to help them in battle there is nothing, not even Hades, who could possibly stand to him.

As for Fire God vs Fire Dragon I will put my tips that if Natsu can't beat Zancrow now he will follow Gildartz advice and make a run for it with Wendy and the cats.

There is no point fighting someone you cannot defeat while putting your friend at risk.

One thing I didn't see coming was Erza and Juvia vs Meredy.

This pretty much confirms how freaking strong the little girl is since she is taking on FT strongest mage in the island (Makarov is dead and Gildartz have left).

ooh, i can't wait for rusyrose's fight. i sense...complete victory. <3 but i laughed at elfman's comment, too. xD meldy's fight should be interesting, too. hopefully she isn't an android, or jubia will rust her.

the rest of the fights are sure to be interesting, too. lost magic is too vague a hint. god killing magic, time magic, explosion magic...there's no real link between them, so lost magic must be pretty encompassing. :o

i'm excited for the coming chapters, oh yess.

Lost magic is pretty much what Grimmoire Heart is all about, the Grimmoire is a book of dark magic that contains an assortment of diferent things from zombiefication to casting meteors.

Basically Hades found a source of ancient magic and passed it down to a group of talented mages he recruited, it's not much different from Oraccion Seis but they are far more powerful because they got access to a kind of magic that no other possess,

Curryman
January 09, 2011, 12:40 AM
This chapter is so awesome.....

I don't know why everyone think FT is going to lose.

The fights are set up way too obviously for FT to win....
The worst thing you can do in front of Natsu is kill your own comrades...Natsu is going to mop the floor with this wanna-be Amaterasu guy...

Capricorn is going to be strong of course but he's getting set-up against FOUR very-strong mages.

Mirajane is a S-class mage and has Lisanna to boot. I don't see why her demon form will have problems with explosions.

I can see Evergreen and Elfman having some troubles with Rusty Rose but meh....

Lastly I feel sorry for that little girl facing Erza let alone Erza with Lluvia's help...

I'm assuming these fights is going to be like the Sound 5 fights from Naruto....the fights are not going to look good at first and all of FT will get raped and when all hope looks look lost.

Laxus is going to show up with his crew...

Bottom Line: Fairy Tail is not losing Mashima doesn't even have the balls to kill people you really think he has the balls to have FT get massacred....don't think so...

I'm glad the fat guy is stronger than these guys and hence hasn't been set-up with a fight yet like Ultear...

tobeulp
January 09, 2011, 12:59 AM
This arc will be just to showcase the skills of the Grimoire Heart 7 Kins and Fairy Tail will surely lose

bittman
January 09, 2011, 01:25 AM
Some people are writing off Fairy Tail quite early, and they should remember that not a single arc has ended with Fairy Tail losing yet.

Of course, I would like this battle to be closer to a draw than a complete victory for either guild. Setting up a longstanding rivalry with villains is something Fairy Tail has lacked, especially given the enemies that looked to be set up as long term villains (Gerard for example) end up wrapping themselves up quickly.

Though I believe Fairy Tail has the capacity to force a draw given that it is their top mages on the island, not just the regular NatsuLucyGrayErza combo, I believe Hades is still unchecked unless Gildhartz returns (the only mage I would put close to Marakov anyway).

Of course, this arc could end by Grimoire Heart capturing Zeref and taking him away before too many battles are decided.

Annnnd of course, because this is Fairy Tail, we shouldn't expect such great plot set up as for all we know Mashima will have some insane power ups go on and some randoms turn up.

P.S. Looks like another useless arc for Gray. Will he ever get his chance to shine?

MonsterEnvy
January 09, 2011, 01:48 AM
be Afaird very afaid
[hr]

This chapter is so awesome.....

I don't know why everyone think FT is going to lose.

The fights are set up way too obviously for FT to win....
The worst thing you can do in front of Natsu is kill your own comrades...Natsu is going to mop the floor with this wanna-be Amaterasu guy...

Capricorn is going to be strong of course but he's getting set-up against FOUR very-strong mages.

Mirajane is a S-class mage and has Lisanna to boot. I don't see why her demon form will have problems with explosions.

I can see Evergreen and Elfman having some troubles with Rusty Rose but meh....

Lastly I feel sorry for that little girl facing Erza let alone Erza with Lluvia's help...

I'm assuming these fights is going to be like the Sound 5 fights from Naruto....the fights are not going to look good at first and all of FT will get raped and when all hope looks look lost.

Laxus is going to show up with his crew...

Bottom Line: Fairy Tail is not losing Mashima doesn't even have the balls to kill people you really think he has the balls to have FT get massacred....don't think so...

I'm glad the fat guy is stronger than these guys and hence hasn't been set-up with a fight yet like Ultear...

ok you think they can win ha

Zancrow does appear to care for fellow members of the seven kin just not fodder and he burned Natsu I think he is going to lose

Rustyrose while a fruit will win

bets are Erza will lose too

Asuma beat Wendy Lily and Mest with out even trying Lily took on Gajeel who only fought to a draw with lower ranking members of grimore heart

I honestly don't see any teams winning

Curryman
January 09, 2011, 02:21 AM
be Afaird very afaid
<hr noshade size="1">

ok you think they can win ha

Zancrow does appear to care for fellow members of the seven kin just not fodder and he burned Natsu I think he is going to lose

Rustyrose while a fruit will win

bets are Erza will lose too

Asuma beat Wendy Lily and Mest with out even trying Lily took on Gajeel who only fought to a draw with lower ranking members of grimore heart

I honestly don't see any teams winning

So no one has burned/hurt Natsu before and later got their asses kicked? Yeah It has never seemed like Natsu is completely outclassed before and then after some asspull power-up came back and won...;)

Rusty Rose will win how? We know nothing about him other than being a fruit:p. He's facing TWO people Elfman and Evergreen are both POTENTIAL S-class mages....

It takes A LOT to beat Erza...usually whenever she's lost it's because of some handicap against her....plus she has Lluvia who also has S-Class potential

Azuma beat Wendy (not an accomplishment), Lily (that isn't in Edolas), and Mest who arguably didn't go "all out" as he was busy trying to save the weaklings....

Sure Gazeel tied with Lily but that was in Edolas form not this Lily who can only hold that form for a short while....

I mean sure this fight can go either way and more than likely someone will save FT but I don't understand why everyone is writing FT off for the loss already...

exacta
January 09, 2011, 03:13 AM
So no one has burned/hurt Natsu before and later got their asses kicked? Yeah It has never seemed like Natsu is completely outclassed before and then after some asspull power-up came back and won...;)

Rusty Rose will win how? We know nothing about him other than being a fruit:p. He's facing TWO people Elfman and Evergreen are both POTENTIAL S-class mages....

It takes A LOT to beat Erza...usually whenever she's lost it's because of some handicap against her....plus she has Lluvia who also has S-Class potential

Azuma beat Wendy (not an accomplishment), Lily (that isn't in Edolas), and Mest who arguably didn't go "all out" as he was busy trying to save the weaklings....

Sure Gazeel tied with Lily but that was in Edolas form not this Lily who can only hold that form for a short while....

I mean sure this fight can go either way and more than likely someone will save FT but I don't understand why everyone is writing FT off for the loss already...

The Seven Kin of Purgatory have been receiving a lot of hype as it is, and now even more hype this chapter learning that they all have Lost Magic. And considering how Hades completely trashed Makarov, and how Yomazu and Kawazu nearly killed Gazille and called themselves nothing in comparison.......this looks VERY bad for Fairy Tail. They've been in bad situations before, but they've never looked so totally screwed before. There is still a chance they could win I guess tho, seeing its Mashima.

I do hope Natsu doesn't pull some nakama bullcrap and beat Zancrow though....I hope FT is saved by some other guild intervening or something and GH has to retreat. I wanna see some of the really powerful FT mages get trashed too. Just Erza and Mirajane right now. I have a feeling Erza and Juvia are screwed. Everytime a little girl is with a bunch of really evil people she usually ends up kicking major ass. Kinda worried about Asuma though.....

It's also possible that all of these battles will end off screen and will just get to watch Zancrow destroy Natsu, and do some trash-talking and maybe reveal something about the dragons/dragonslayer, resulting in Natsu striving to get stronger.

Krono
January 09, 2011, 03:28 AM

Lost magic by definition, would be pretty much any magic that the knowledge of it was lost. So it's not that it's one very encompassing magic, it's that any magic that wasn't handed down either intentionally or unintentionally would be considered a "lost magic".

You haven't read Mashima's previous work Rave Master I take it?

-Ken-
January 09, 2011, 03:36 AM
Umm... So there's a reason for Markarov not to use his law. But is there any reason for the 'stronger' Hades not to? Seem stupid not to use it now that there's no drawback.

LoS
January 09, 2011, 03:45 AM
First chapter in a long run where I didn't come away after reading feeling completely satisfied. A few disappointments here and there. Some obvious pairings in the match-ups, Meldy paired against the strongest FT member isn't a shock either, since many of us considered her the strongest of the kin. Zancrow being some flame mage isn't a surprise at all either, and this flame god killer just reeks of the One Piece fire vs. Magma situation between Ace and Akainu.

Krono
January 09, 2011, 04:00 AM
Umm... So there's a reason for Markarov not to use his law. But is there any reason for the 'stronger' Hades not to? Seem stupid not to use it now that there's no drawback.

There are a few possibilities. The obvious one is a lingering affection for Fairy Tail that leaves him willing to give them a fair chance at surviving. Other than that, it could be a matter of giving his forces some experience against a tough foe. If your troops aren't up to the task, now is the time to find out. Alternatively, Grimmoire Law could differ from Fairy Law in that it'd wipe out everyone.

zelllogan
January 09, 2011, 04:43 AM
- Of course, it's Natsu vs the weirdo
- Of course, the weirdo is using black flames
- Given loki's reaction, we can now be sure that the opponent is a spirit or have a strong link to spirits.
- Of course, Loki vs that opponent

Not a good chapter in my opinion, way too predictable

Ero-Sanji
January 09, 2011, 05:03 AM
Hey how come no one thought about that it exists a God or several for that matter and that they can get killed. Now, I don't understand why a dragon would teach a human magic which can kill it which makes it less understandable to get why a god would teach a man a magic that can be used against it, that's just crazy?

Anyway I'm very glad that he wasn't a fake lachryma and yes FT is pretty much screwd. Also this is quite interesting, Makarov said that he raised the Seven kin which could explain Urtear's disappearance and strong hatred against her mother.

Anyway, what's up with Meldy talking like a robot? And how come Hades has stopped looking for Zeref? It's like he(mashima) wants the seven kin or more precisely Urtear to find him, I wonder why?

wooticus
January 09, 2011, 05:48 AM
The pairings are indeed totally obvious. I'm really looking forward to see some of this fighting. But to be honest, i don't want to see FT totally screwing in each of those battles, this whole arc is pure ownage of FT for several chapters now.

Interesting however that mest disappeared. That's something i already thought of a while ago, he might be the only one to save FTs ass. I don't know of how much his teleporting magic is capable, but there are two options:
a) he is searching for what he needed wendy in the beginning. doesn't make too much sense for wendy being still around.
b) he's gonna get some backup. We already saw those blue pegagus members on the cover, this might be a further hint. moreover that perfume guy perfectly suits to the fat kin that landed in the midst of nowhere. Those guys might not be the strongest but archive would be an awesome magic to have in this battle because it might give some information about those lost magic that is used.

As for ultear.. i think she might be the only one who could actually encounter zeref without being fucked up, maybe she can put some kind of time field around him which makes him stuck in that for a while. i mean even hades might not be able to control zerefs black-magic attacks. so ultear might kidnap zeref and then grimoire heart might retreat, letting FT lying there utterly defeated. they might to turn around at least one of those GH members so that they can find GH airship on their counterattack.. well nothing but speculation.

at last.. i have to say that i wasn't enjoying that chapter too much either. It just felt like those 7 kin were introduced the 1823 time

KOrto
January 09, 2011, 06:15 AM
First chapter in a long run where I didn't come away after reading feeling completely satisfied. A few disappointments here and there. Some obvious pairings in the match-ups, Meldy paired against the strongest FT member isn't a shock either, since many of us considered her the strongest of the kin. Zancrow being some flame mage isn't a surprise at all either, and this flame god killer just reeks of the One Piece fire vs. Magma situation between Ace and Akainu.

Man,you just can't stop to comparing FT and OP right ?

I mean c'mon Akainu/Ace :blink I know you not realy like this manga but bashing with those arguments...

Man the situation is totally different from some point of view

Zehahaha
January 09, 2011, 06:21 AM
Please, please, let that Zancrow guy be defeated by Natsu. I already hate his " I'm God slayer " attitude.

The fights have finally begun, this is gonna be really interesting !

chess4
January 09, 2011, 06:45 AM
http://read.mangashare.com/Fairy-Tail/chapter-201/page018.html

http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/59906726/3

a couple interesting things in thes pics. the hand in charle's flashback is laying in grass, and markorov is laying on rocks. also notice how in the 2nd picture that markorov's right sleeve is torn off. either mishima did that on purpose to throw us off or markorov is either dead meat

this is what i ultimately think will happen. markorov will not die just yet. after everything has settled down, he will stagger his way to his kids, and give them one final emotional speech about protecting each other and so forth, and he will die afterwards.

meepers4982
January 09, 2011, 07:21 AM
i think god slayer magic (ughh it makes me cringe, am i the only one who doesnt like the idea of it?) is actually quite different from dragonslayer magic. It would really bother me if it had the same basics and stuff. Mehh it makes me think mashima is coming up with an excuse so that he can have natsu defeated *pulls hair*.

1337 haxor
January 09, 2011, 08:31 AM
I can't believe how everyone can complain about this chapter when we got a streak of epic ones already.

I mean, give Mashima a break will ya? The guy is pretty much puting a lot to it and keeping action endlessly consumes a lot.

Anyway I will give my opinion on the turn out of the fights.

First of all, not all fights were predictable.

Azuma vs Mira and Lisanna, Meredy vs Erza and Juvia weren't by far the most picked up choices among the crowd.

Zancrow vs Natsu was obvious from the start but the fact that his black flames cannot be eaten sure gives a better expectative of what is about to come.

Godslayer magic sure is a bit of a WTF pull but if you think that it's lost magic it makes sense if the gods were long gone and the magic used to kill them was forgotten since.

In regards to wheter FT will get their asses handed it is more than a question of how powerful GH members are, is related on how will the course of the fights will play out.

Gazille could have trashed the two goons from the start had he knew what he was going up against.

They were lucky his scales couldn't protect him from the samurai's attacks and landed a critical hit on him.

However once he pulled himself together he pretty much owned them straight.

Now the question is wheter the 7 kin will be foolish enough to pull the trigger of other FT members.

For example, if Azuma threatens to kill Lisanna then Mirajane will go psycho and the bastard is done for.

On the other hand, if Erza and Juvia don't get a real motivation to defeat Meredy they can lose badly.

p1xel
January 09, 2011, 08:38 AM
That chapter was boring IMO.
Though it`s interesting that they stand no chance to win. So Zeref will save FT or they will lose. It would be OK if they would lose...
Oh, and I liked the God Slayer. Owning Natsu is priceless.

BlackHair
January 09, 2011, 08:40 AM
I knew Mashima would play this card. Honestly I give a crap about the 7kins vs FT, Im only interested in Makarov right now. But I guess we won't hear anything until the fights are either settled or if Zeref is found (involved).

God - Godslayer, My weird guess would be that these Gods are beings of equal strength to Dragons. I also think they are enemies of Dragons.

RezzieThaRapper
January 09, 2011, 08:42 AM
I was not expecting a Godslayer, I hope he has an ego on him, ego seems to be the only way to put a weakness on a otherwise unbeatable being

digit03
January 09, 2011, 09:10 AM
http://read.mangashare.com/Fairy-Tail/chapter-201/page018.html

http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/59906726/3

a couple interesting things in thes pics. the hand in charle's flashback is laying in grass, and markorov is laying on rocks. also notice how in the 2nd picture that markorov's right sleeve is torn off. either mishima did that on purpose to throw us off or markorov is either dead meat

this is what i ultimately think will happen. markorov will not die just yet. after everything has settled down, he will stagger his way to his kids, and give them one final emotional speech about protecting each other and so forth, and he will die afterwards.

oh yeah! totally forgot abt the prediction...seems the hand is makarovs...so hes gonna die after all..

ghostexiled
January 09, 2011, 09:24 AM
Every series has to have its lulls and intro to the fights chapter(s). It is almost like some people just wait for the smallest thing to nit pick about FT.

Also as Krono stated... Mashima knows how to tell a good story, RAVE is a perfect example.

Just because FT has won every arc so far... doesn't automatically mean they got this one in the bag as well.

I sense that this battle will be the one that changes FT... they will finally know defeat. Every hero(s) has to experience it in order to be able to rise again stronger than before.

I for one am interested in where Mashima takes this "God Slayer" thing... obviously the Dragon Slayer's couldn't be the "be all...end all" of all the mages.

fcToho
January 09, 2011, 09:25 AM
In my opinion Gildarts and Laxus plus his crew should turn the tide a little bit. Laxus was already shown, but this could also mean that he will only show up after the battle/Makarov's death. :darn

And for Gildarts case.. Come on, I mean there is this overwhelming strong fairy tail mage (though not near as strong as Hades as it seems), but he is always absent. This has to stop somewhere doesn't it?

Maybe he only has a (battle)purpose for one arc (black dragon?) and thats it. But that would be lame.

sarutobi_sensei
January 09, 2011, 09:25 AM
WOW just WOW! Amazing!

Hades has so much confidence on them that it makes me shiver!

All of them have lost magic, I wonder what Caprico's magic is.

Zancrow's magic being God Slaying Magic is just amazing! We never heard anything of it so I think that he is the only one that knows it.

Natsu is going to have a tough match and I honestly think that he will retreat with Wendy and the others in order to rethink of a strategy. Wendy should just inhale and bam, she's fine xD

Caprico fighting against Lucy, Cana, Gray and Loki is going to be defeated. Srsl he is. Fighting against 3 mages and the leader of the zodiac signs is going to be difficult to him. Unless of course, Caprico was originally the leader of the 12 Zodiac spirits and is stronger than Loki. And this opens up the possibility of the king of spirits coming forth and he himself fighting Caprico.

Little girl vs Erza and Juvia is going to be awesome. I predict that Meldy is @ least as strong as Erza.

Rustyrose will probably defeat Elfman and Evergreen.

Asuma vs Lissana and Mirajane means that we will see Mira's demon form again.

Now, I actually predict that on the round 2 of the battle, things will still look ugly to FT and that's when back-up comes. Not just back up from Fairy Tail, but actually from the council. So yeah, I'm saying that Gérard will come to fight. Not just him, but some other member from the council that is actually strong.

Of course Guildartz, Laxus, Bixlow and Freid will also come to the island, but Gérard will appear as well, not fighting with Erza, but with Natsu. Those 2 teaming up against the God Slayer means total ownage :D

If Gray and Cana move up to fight someone else then Bixlow will fight with the one that they are fighting.

Fried or Guildartz will probably help Mira.

Laxus well, that one I don't know, but hje will fight.

kkck
January 09, 2011, 09:53 AM
I am a bit surprised natsu was unable to eat zancrow's flames lol even if they are god slaying flames. Natsu was able to eat ethereon before, that should be pretty high level. Perhaps this will be one of those occasions where natsu grows and learns something new kinda like when he learned how to overtake control from the flames of the element 4 guy. If it comes to forbidden lost magic then natsu and gazille should really not be that behind anyways considering DS magic is indeed lost magic. I guess they just have to find it within themselves to take their magic to another level.

Wonder why wendy is having trouble healing herself though. All DS can heal themselves by consuming their element so eating enough air should be enough here. Perhaps the air around fairy island is polluted or something? The explosion guy could have contributed to that. Or perhaps the presence and magic of the seven kn and hades is so foul it has such an effect on the very air.

Azgarath
January 09, 2011, 09:55 AM
I predict that Caprico was a stellar spirit that got free and is no longer a stellar spirit. Either that or he has limitless energy and is able to sustain life force pulling away from him. Either that or he still has access to the stellar spirit world even without a contract. That would explain his teleporting abilities at least.

Sollum
January 09, 2011, 10:01 AM
Cover was priceless! I was like "WTF?!?" when i saw it :D The guy clearly has lots of self confidence :D

Chapter was overall good, but God Slayer was a bit of a exaggeration if you ask me. I so hate it when they put "GOD" thing into manga or anime >.>
Giant Slayer would have been just fine! I think he is just another "level" on Dragon slayer, since he called Natsu a "wanabe".

But that dude clearly has "Pain Complex". Amaterasu and Rinengan...

I bet 20 imaginary $ that Natsu will manage to eat Zancarovs flame.

Shadow Limiter
January 09, 2011, 10:07 AM
I predict that Caprico was a stellar spirit that got free and is no longer a stellar spirit. Either that or he has limitless energy and is able to sustain life force pulling away from him. Either that or he still has access to the stellar spirit world even without a contract. That would explain his teleporting abilities at least.

Since Hades said that of the 7 kin's have Lost Magic i have a feeling that Caprico uses a lost magic which allows him to bypass all the laws & restrictions that a Stellar Spirit has.

Or else Hades can also use Stellar Spirit magic & he as the Golden Key of Caprico because he is the only one of the Stellar Spirit which uses a Lost Magic (his powers does look like something related to changing the state of "Matter" and also the it can effect human beings direct unlike "Time ofArc" which can't).
Maybe Loki would say that Caprico's location had been unknown for a long time & no one knew where he was until now.

meepers4982
January 09, 2011, 10:14 AM
i think zancrow is going to push natsu to his limits so im expecting to see some really interesting development in the next few chapters. Zeref already hinted at natsus untapped potential.

Azgarath
January 09, 2011, 10:16 AM
Regarding the 'God' Slayer matter i would be more comfortable if he referred it as "Titan Slayer" or "Deity Slayer" instead. But i guess "god" and "deity" is the same in Japanese culture in a way. And i don't think he was taught by "god" to have the slayer magic he possess now. I think the magic is probably used to stop a mythical being "Efreet" the flame god or something in the past. Maybe these gods have already fallen and is the reason why magic is spread in earthland.

wooticus
January 09, 2011, 10:50 AM
well i guess the next 2-3 chapters will give us a clear hint about the outgoing of this arc.

if natsu wins against zancrow then the others might also win their matches. but i think natsu might actually retreat. Like gildartz taught him hours ago, you have to know when you're not strong enourgh

Koen
January 09, 2011, 10:52 AM
Good chapter which was mainly used to decide the fights between FT members and purgatory members mutually. I also agree with the person who stated his dislike about the usage of the word GOD by zancrow. Such denominations are destined to fail because sooner or later zancrow will be defeated. I like the end page in which Hades was making a reference to the lost magic. This is for me the most interesting issue in this chapter. Could it be that the 7 kin of purgatory have magic/ arts which can surpass the dragon slayer's power?
[hr]

if natsu wins against zancrow then the others might also win their matches. but i think natsu might actually retreat. Like gildartz taught him hours ago, you have to know when you're not strong enourgh

Yeah I agree. I think that some FT members aren't a match for the 7 kin of purgatory. Some stronger mages like Erza, Gildartz, etc might be but it is indeed a wise lesson that was given to Natsu

Bowser
January 09, 2011, 11:12 AM
The Essence of Magic is pretty interesting. I think it's like the purest, strongest form. All other magic is actually a branch of the essence, so in sense, it's like a family tree, with the purest form at the top. Every other magic derives from this essence, whatever it may be, and GH is seeking this pure form for some reason (world domination xD?)

Marche
January 09, 2011, 11:19 AM
FT chapter 217:
Good cover, fun, is similar to that of Lucy the previous week.
So Makarov is really in critical condition, but I don’t believe that he is already die.
After that the other FT mages fight the weak enemies, and defeat them, with Zereff that rest in a three.
Important to know is that Wendy (I think for a bit) can’t use her power, while Mest is gone.
I believe that Mest will go the council and inform them of Zereff and of GH’s attack, so the council will decide to send all the stronger mages (as Jura, but the other of the 10, as soon as the other Ul’s pupil) with also Gerard and the other member of Oracion Seis (sorry I don’t remember his name).
But I hope that before of it Mest will go to take Makarov and take it to Wendy, so she will heal him, when she will have back his power (perhaps also thanks to the power of the island (in fact I think that there is a reason why this isle is called “Holy land”, not only because this rest in peace the first Master, I think this also because for the prayer of Makarov, when he ask to protect his child).
And perhaps during his voyage he will encounter Gildzart, Friend and Bixlow and will inform of the situations, so they will came back to the island (or perhaps Luxus after sense something will return to the gild, there he will met them and together will decide to go to the isle, so at the end Luxus will encounter Makarov, just before of his death, and will became named new FT’s master).
After seen this how is it Makarov, Natsu will became a beast, he will transform in a dragon (as when he defeat the other enemies, perhaps also more that it) and he will be able to absorb the black fames and defeated him.
I was sure (as almost all the other user of the forum) that Natsu would have fight Zancrow, because I think that Zancrow rapresents the “anger” (also this chapter show this, when he kill his nakama), and Natsu true power appeared when he is angry.
I hope that Natsu will defeat Zancrow without help, but perhaps Wendy could help him, thanks to his wind his fire will became stronger, but perhaps also Gazille and Levy will show (Levy will write “fire” so Natsu will eat him, as happened with Gazille), and so together will defeat Zancrow (as happened in the last saga with the “black dragon of metal”).
Or my last option (I have no other idea) is that Zereff will sense that Natsu is in danger and will came to help him (in the truth until some chapters ago I thought that perhaps also Gildzart could came to help him, but now I don’t believe this anymore).
I was also sure that Zancrow’s power was not magma, as someone said, but black fames, as the Amaterasu of Itachi, or the black fames of Hiei in “Yu Yu Hakusho”.
Anyways great Zancrow is a goodslayer, really great, I really hope to know the reason which is called so.

After that as I thought there is Caprico against Gray, Lucy, Cana and Loki (stellar spirit of the Lion).
I believe than that power for Caprico came from the fact that he is a stellar spirit, and his lost magic is another one.
In the truth I thought that Gray would have fight another opponents, while Loki would have stayed with Lucy, now that the exam is suspended.
In the truth I still believe this, in fact I hope that for some reason Gray will leave the group (perhaps there will be some chat between Loki and Caprico, because Loki noticed Caprico, so Caprico could tell his past (I think that he rapresents the greed, so I believe that he wanted to became the stellar spirit king) and perhaps he could also spoken of Zereff and also that Ultear is Ul’s daughter), so for find Zereff or Ultear, Gray will leave the group) and will tag team with Luvia and perhaps also with Lisanna (but perhaps if Lisanna will fly to call Gildzarts or will fight with his brother and Evergreen, they could fight together with Gazille and Levy, if they will not help Natsu).
I wish this because perhaps Luvia and Lisanna will leave Erza and Mira because they will understand that their opponents are too strong, and they will be only an obstacle, a burder for them (for Erza and Mira).
If they will fight together they could fight Ultear, but if Ultear before to fight will find Zereff, they will fight Kain Hikaru, which rapresents the Gluttony.
Perhaps he could be the black Dragon slayer, the Dragon who tauch him could be the black Dragon which almost killed Gildzarts, so perhaps he could fight also Gildarts if he will came back (but in the truth I don’t believe it, because the power of the 7 kin don’t rapresents their sin, almost for what we have seen).
Anyways I would have bet that Meldy would have fight Mira, because she seem like her, in normal situations Meldy seem quiet, calm, but in fight she became a monster (or so so I think that she is).
But also Erza is alright, in fight Erza was my second choice.
In fact also Erza became a robot, a war-machine while she fights, she fights always at the top, as happened during the first trail against Lisanna and Luvia.
I think that Erza will win, but she will be badly injured, and perhaps their fight will end in a draw.
As I thought Rustyrose will fight against Evergreen and Elfman (perhaps as I said also Lisanna will came).
I have the feeling he can controlls the plants, and perhaps his roses could contains poison (I hope to have write correctly), as the Golden Saint of Fish in Saint Seya.
I think that he could stop the power of Evergreen, that of transform in statue with her eyes, and perhaps he could turn to her this power (so Evergreen could became a statue, I would be really like it), this will angered Elfman so he will do a “take over” (also if he is already able to do it normally, after his fight with that man of the Phantom), also if I think they will lose.
While for the fight between Azuma and Mira (as I said I believe that Lisanna will leave), I have not any idea how the fight will end, perhaps a draw.
For Ultear and also Kain Hikaru I have really said what I think.
Anyways is really a great thing what Hades said.
He said that all the 7 member of the 7 kin can use “lost magic”, and that he teach them it, he raised it, but he also said that anyways their mage power is not the source of all the magic, altought it is the closest.

Me2Ecchi
January 09, 2011, 11:22 AM
Hades refers the magic of the 7 kin close to the source of magic. From the arc before, we know DS have that kind of source, so in my point of view all the 7 kin arent perfect with the lost magic. The DS will probably have a important job on this arc, with more focus in natsu. We will have a glimpse of the true power dormant inside of natsu. The so called god slayer will shit his pants when he see the true power of natsu :D (i hope :p)

PS: i dont think mets is able to send a message to the council. I think the council will get to the conclusion that FT destroyed the fleet w8ing in the shore and will send some of his best fighters. Gerard is in jail, and the council will not release him. He have a lot of information about the dark guilds.

kkck
January 09, 2011, 11:40 AM
I still can't get my mind of the whole essence of magic thingy here. I get the impression it is going to be a sort of the usual cliche. Kinda like magic comes from darkness and evil and fairy tail will counter with light, heart and love an whatnot.

Shinsatsu
January 09, 2011, 11:59 AM
Well, if Grimoire heart guys turn good too, I may lost interest in this manga.
I mean so far we haven't seen any true evil characters... But I'm getting my hopes up after the seriousness of Makarov's fight.

rosco12
January 09, 2011, 01:05 PM
I think Mest has left the island and is now reporting to the council that Fairy Tail, Grimoire Heart, and Zeref are on the island + that the troop from the council have been wiped out.
The council will react the same way they did the last time they heard Zeref name, and fire etherion thinking they'd get rid of 3 problems at once. Of course, GH will be forewarned and teleport away saving FT from being totally defeated. Then fairy tail will somehow survive, maybe Makarov using is last strength to save his children somehow. What happen to zeref will be unknown.

ca12nag3
January 09, 2011, 02:52 PM
Every series has to have its lulls and intro to the fights chapter(s). It is almost like some people just wait for the smallest thing to nit pick about FT.

Also as Krono stated... Mashima knows how to tell a good story, RAVE is a perfect example.

Just because FT has won every arc so far... doesn't automatically mean they got this one in the bag as well.

I sense that this battle will be the one that changes FT... they will finally know defeat. Every hero(s) has to experience it in order to be able to rise again stronger than before.

I for one am interested in where Mashima takes this "God Slayer" thing... obviously the Dragon Slayer's couldn't be the "be all...end all" of all the mages.

The Godslayer thing intrigues me, so far we know that true Dragon-slayers are trained by actual dragons.
So a true Godslayer has to be trained by a God. If Mashima sticks to his own rulebook :D.
Tho you got false-dragonslayers with Lachrima like the poison and thunder. So its possible that this God-slayer isnt a real one.

So far what i sense is that the made-slayers got a basic flaw. To big a ego. And they go overboard realy fast.
Im not sure on this but i supose it takes a lot of training to learn how to controle this vast amount of slayer power. So forcing it on a person with a Lachrima might have bad sideeffect.

Going back to the God-slayer, well its said before that Natsu cant eat a certain flame and then he does it anyways, boosting his power up further. So i dont see a problem yet with him trying to eat it lateron and succeeding. Like with the Etherion and Rebuke flame.

swordsaintscoot
January 09, 2011, 03:34 PM
he didnt really succeed with etherion though

it damaged him heavily.

kamakazi_1996
January 09, 2011, 04:14 PM
i just read the chapter, i couldn't believe it when zancrow announced he was a godslayer :o does this mean he was raised by a god or something, dam even natsu was effected by his black flames. I dont think fairy tail can win against them in these circumstances especially since they all posses lost magic. :darn

next weeks chapter fire dragon vs fire god obviously means natsu vs zancrow, i really dont think natsu can beat zancrow at his current level of power, if zancrow can eat natsus flames or be immune to it, natsu will definitely lose to him. Unless someone interferes with the fight or they runaway.

my prediction:
natsu will follow gildartzs advice and retreat safely with wendy and the cats or maybe Mest will arrive with reinforcements or just intervene with the fight or it could be both

1337 haxor
January 09, 2011, 04:18 PM
Godslayer magic is a long lost magic and I think that all these beings refered to as gods are long gone.

In my view the gods are like olympian gods (Zancrows choice of clothing points to that) but elemental based.

Before the dragons became the lords of the elements the gods stood there but they ended up defeated by some force which used godslayer magic.

Hades said he found the essence of magic and this means, at least to me, that he found a large source of deep ancient magical power and knowledge that he learned and passed down to the Kin.

It is unlikely that Zancrow was trained by a god if he was raised by Hades so the likely reason for him being a godslayer is that Hades managed to create or acquire a piece of godslayer lacryma which he implanted on Zancrow (he has a scar doesn't he?).

Then Zancrow spent years learning how to use his powers through the same source that Hades used to give him Godslayer powers.

The whole Hades raised them also brings fort a lot of questions, for example, if Caprico is a stellar spirit then how come Hades raised him as a dark mage that uses lost arts?

A plausible explanation would be that Caprico was expelled like Leo but chose to take revenge, so he spent time in the human world learning how to become a powerful mage rather than a tool for other mages.

To me is less likely that all GH members were all raised from a young age, the only ones that are more prone of having been brain washed are Meredy (me is a robot duh!) and Ultear (Zeref-kun is the best!).

The others appears to have joined voluntarily in seek of greater power or other sort of cliche stuff.

So how is this fight going to turn out you ask?

As I said, matters are complicated and it all depends on how everything plays out.

In raw power alone FT is outmatched and outnumbered, they however can count upon things a dark guild rarely possess, friendship, goodwill and hope.

There is a major weak point in the core of Grimmoire Heart that can be exploited to Fairy Tails advantage.

As incredible as it sounds GH weakspots are Meredy, Caprico and Ultear because they are vulnerable to emotional breakdown when pushed to the core of their pains.

In other words, if Fairy Tail manages to turn good those three then the rest of Grimmoire Heart is screwed.

Zancrow, Azuma, Rustyrose and Hikaru are more likely to fight to a villaneous defeat since they don't display any goodness so far.

In a nutshell FT is going to get pretty much owned until Lucy redeems Caprico and Meredy's indoctrination breaks down before FT's warm and friendlyness.

At that point Mirajane will probably have went beserk against Azuma making him retreat, Natsu will have fooled Zancrow escaping with Wendy and the cats while Evergreen uses her stone eyes to petrify Rustyrose long enough for her and Elfman to escape.

Hades will get pissed of and start to hunt down FT members and traitors while Ultear encounters Zeref only to discover he wants to be a goodguy.

shinsengumi
January 09, 2011, 05:02 PM
its way too unclear to decide the winners/losers just yet . you seem to forget the unknown factors which could easyly change the results .
such as ;
* the influence of zeref
* the influence of luxus
* the influence of mest / council
* the island being the holy land of FT . we still dont know if there is anything special about it like protection magics , charms , runes , spirits (mavis ? ) etc ...
----------

also about natsu ; he could eat etherion before which should have killed him instead of powering him up . im not convinced yet if he's totally screwed against a so-called god slayer

dqrt
January 09, 2011, 05:37 PM
the guy who claims he is a godslayer i don't think he was raised by a god or sth since the former master said he raised them for many years. It's just my opinion. I know it can mean he found them when they were young and raised them when they already had their power but i'd kinda be disapointed if it was the same story as the dragon slayers.

1337 haxor
January 09, 2011, 06:03 PM
its way too unclear to decide the winners/losers just yet . you seem to forget the unknown factors which could easyly change the results .
such as ;
* the influence of zeref
* the influence of luxus
* the influence of mest / council
* the island being the holy land of FT . we still dont know if there is anything special about it like protection magics , charms , runes , spirits (mavis ? ) etc ...
----------

also about natsu ; he could eat etherion before which should have killed him instead of powering him up . im not convinced yet if he's totally screwed against a so-called god slayer

Like I said before is too early and too difficult to tell what the hell is going to happen, I just made an estimative on how FT could end up winning by themselves (which is something many people have been complaining about).

Intervention from other sources are likely to come out but we don't know who will do what to begin with.

Evil3ye
January 09, 2011, 06:14 PM
Few thoughts on the chapter.

I found the new match ups quite interesting, although the fire vs fire battle was totally predictable.

I'm also not quite happy with this new god killer level, whatver. It just sounds awful to me.

Shinsatsu
January 09, 2011, 06:30 PM
I'm also not quite happy with this new god killer level, whatver. It just sounds awful to me.
Same here. But it'll be safe to not get upset about this, because everytime someone challenges a Dragonslayer with similar power, they claim to be "the real thing" and they get their a**es handed to them by the end of the fight.
I think that the idea is not so bad... At least it's not the same old Lacrima Dragonslayer magic.

shinsengumi
January 09, 2011, 06:35 PM
Like I said before is too early and too difficult to tell what the hell is going to happen, I just made an estimative on how FT could end up winning by themselves (which is something many people have been complaining about).

Intervention from other sources are likely to come out but we don't know who will do what to begin with.

my post wasnt directed at you :oh

1337 haxor
January 09, 2011, 06:38 PM
Few thoughts on the chapter.

I found the new match ups quite interesting, although the fire vs fire battle was totally predictable.

We got to look at it from Zancrow's standpoint, he is a mad psychopath with a god complex that acquired an ancient magic tought to be used in slaying gods.

We barely heard his power's name (which are rather fancy) and everyone is jumping the gun on the wildest conclusions.

Hades told that he helped raise GH members to the level they currently are so we must assume it wasn't a god who taught Zancrow how to kill his own kind.

The big secret behind Grimmoire Heart members is that they have been exposed to an ancient source of magical power and knowledge that was lost to the rest of the world.

Probably GS magic was used several millenia ago when gods were doing the same thing dragons are doing today.

So came the time for Godslayer to act and kill gods then poof, it was all gone. The gods were dead and their magic had no more use so just bury it.

Then after some thousands of years comes Purehito in search of the source of all magic and he finds all those big ancient secrets along with some crazy dark energy that was used in the primordial days of magic.

Once he becomes Hades he finds that Zancrow guy who wants to be something great and almighty, so he says to himself "kid has potential, maybe I should give him a try on the marijuana magic that I've found".

So Hades shows him the ancient dark magic arts and Zancrow turns out to have what it takes to use Godslayer magic. The dark art choose him and he thinks it's a sight of heavens that he is the messiah that will use his mighty dark flames to free Zeref and bring darkness to the world.

That pretty much sums how I think it is.

swordsaintscoot
January 09, 2011, 06:57 PM
I find it ironic that natsu was beating up the same people he sympathised with when Zancrow hurt his own comrades. '
Silly Natsu should be grateful.

Kravmaga
January 09, 2011, 07:20 PM
I find it ironic that natsu was beating up the same people he sympathised with when Zancrow hurt his own comrades. '
Silly Natsu should be grateful.

It's not the first time that natsu showed that he values some honor in his opponents. He also snapped at eligor's underling who was sent to silence the other one who could break the wind prison, and iirc blaine who shot cobra in the back, both times after having beaten the latter himself.

elitefox
January 09, 2011, 07:30 PM
hmmmm, interesting... lost magic vs the current magic.

who will prevail. a god slayer, so how can he win against a dragon? lol
[hr]

Well, if Grimoire heart guys turn good too, I may lost interest in this manga.
I mean so far we haven't seen any true evil characters... But I'm getting my hopes up after the seriousness of Makarov's fight.

Well if you define good and evil

evil is the ones that defy good

and the good ones are FT, anyone who defies them or against their will is evil.

biron
January 09, 2011, 08:43 PM
most disappointing chapter since oracion seis
mark my words, this will turn out the same way that shitty ark did
the biggest asspull is godkiller - this is just ridiculous, its like mashima wanted to introduce magma DS than read this forum and realized itll be complete ripoff from op
so he had no time and only managed to come up with this shit
now i am waiting for the great revelation that caprico is some extrastellar or MEGASTELLOR GALACTIC spirit that can own spirit king in two seconds and we will have a full set of unbelievable shit in one arc

all this hype will end the way it ended in oracion seis ark - FT will mop the floor with them and hades will be like wtf it cant be they defeated ancient magic

MonsterEnvy
January 09, 2011, 09:57 PM
most disappointing chapter since oracion seis
mark my words, this will turn out the same way that shitty ark did
the biggest asspull is godkiller - this is just ridiculous, its like mashima wanted to introduce magma DS than read this forum and realized itll be complete ripoff from op
so he had no time and only managed to come up with this shit
now i am waiting for the great revelation that caprico is some extrastellar or MEGASTELLOR GALACTIC spirit that can own spirit king in two seconds and we will have a full set of unbelievable shit in one arc

all this hype will end the way it ended in oracion seis ark - FT will mop the floor with them and hades will be like wtf it cant be they defeated ancient magic

wow your hate is tottaly unfounded after Fairy tail loses learn your place

dear god the god slayer thing sounds cool and you hate it for no reason and thats the only reason you think this arc is going to suck

kkck
January 09, 2011, 11:06 PM
The whole god killer thing could be more significant than what we can imagine thinking about it. What is a god in this case? If being a god killer is something similar to being a dragon slayer then would being a god killer make zancrow take the constitution of a god or deity? What purpose would this gods whose magic zancrow is mimicking so far have in the future? Is there a relationship between these gods and zeref? Are this gods the origins/essence of magic? What is the relationship between the gods and the dragons?

More importantly, I would venture a guess and say that the power of the seven kin of purgatory is perhaps meant to challenge gods. Zancrow being a god killer is self explanatory. Urtear being able to control time is able to challenge and alter acts of god so to speak given that she is able to altogether negate events (except over people). Not sure what to say of capricorn but I guess the next few chapters will elaborate over him.

I am a bit surprised meldy is about to challenge erza and jubia together. Jubia is nothing but exceedingly powerful to say the least and erza seems to be closer to the 10 holy mages than most of the fairy tail cast, not sure how it would be possible for a lone mage to challenge them both. Meldy must be quite godlike to fight on the level here.

I just had a realization here. I have been thinking about what the significance of Hades's missing eye is. His magic so far seems to be the amaterasu formula thingy. If I recall, in jap mythology amaterasu was born of the left eye of izanagi which happens to be the eye he is missing. Could there be a hades twin who is missing the opposite eye and uses tsukioyomi based magic? Or perhaps hades actually divided his power and there is another half of him doing something else. Perhaps the reunion of the two halves could result in a susanoo or izanagi magic. Anyways, no clue about what mashima is planning but there has to be something huge about the missing eye and amaterasu thing.

edit: Another thought I have. Since amaterasu came from the right eye, the same as hades s missing could perhaps that be the secret to the speed of his seals? Makarov was impressed and outclassed by the sheer speed of hades magic so perhaps there is more to that than sheer skill. I was thinking he willingly gave up his eye to his his particular brand of forbidden magic. Perhaps he did not even lose his right eye, he merely covers it to get that effect and uncovering or sealing the other eye would allow him to use tsukioyomi, susanoo or izanagi type magic. If the eye patch has this sort of function then perhaps it is possible to bring down hades down a level which would allow fairy tail to actually have a chance here. If hades loses his seal speed then there is not reason for a healed makarov (by wendy) to be able to keep up with hades and perhaps even take advantage of the couple of decades makarov has over hades. Or perhaps even luxus could use his youth and insane skill to do the trick here. A slowed down hades would have a lot of trouble with the sheer speed, agility and skill luxus has.

swordsaintscoot
January 09, 2011, 11:53 PM
More importantly, I would venture a guess and say that the power of the seven kin of purgatory is perhaps meant to challenge gods. Zancrow being a god killer is self explanatory. Urtear being able to control time is able to challenge and alter acts of god so to speak given that she is able to altogether negate events (except over people). Not sure what to say of capricorn but I guess the next few chapters will elaborate over him.

If one were to assume that the Celestial King is their god, then it would be highly plausible that Caprico's 'lost magic' is the ability to forego contracts and summoners. If we were to act under the assumption it was by the Celestial King's decree that Spirits must form contracts then it wouldn't be absurd that Caprico's lost magic could undo this particular gods power.

kkck
January 10, 2011, 12:07 AM
^What application would that have in the grand scheme of things though? I mean, if his ability was to somehow violate god decrees of sorts it would be more interesting but I am not sure about what that would entail regarding actual battle. He has shown the ability to fly (through a device of sorts though) and carry people by somehow making them tiny and shiny. Would perhaps his magic be to control space around him? something in principle similar to how stellar spirit mages summon spirits or anima. That would be pretty godlike and god defying...

densetsughem
January 10, 2011, 12:47 AM
for some reason, i remember Zeref is looking for natsu. And he's disappointed when he found out natsu is not yet strong enough to face him. Meaning, natsu has the ability to win against Zeref??? Zeref is the strongest wizard right?? If that's the case, natsu has not yet realize his true abilities.

And I'm really curious why the dragons vanished all at the same time, and Lucy's mom died at the same month day and year. (If i remembered correctly, though).

I think Igneel only thought natsu the basic power of being a fire dragon slayer.

Zatono
January 10, 2011, 01:09 AM

I'm not gonna lie, even though your comment was full of hate, the "MEGASTELLOR GALACTIC spirit" made me lol.

However, I'm pretty sure FT is going to lose this one. I said it before, that in RAVE the protagonists lost a battle against crazily powerful people, and then ended up beating them later. Fairy Tail has to lose this, because what will happen if they win? Zeref just stays and goes emo some more? No, he'll be either "awakened" or "enslaved", I'm sure of that.

Unlucky Boy
January 10, 2011, 02:36 AM
I think people give too much importance to the all god thing. To me Zancrow is like Ogre from Rave (The one Musica and Reina, the two silver claimers, batteled and happened to be a gold claimer).

The things I liked about this chapter are the way Lissana is fighting. I always thought she can only turn into animals, not hybrids, that's much better!
Kain Hikaru's outfit made me lol. It looks like sado maso straps :p

Zeltrax
January 10, 2011, 04:20 AM

dear god the god slayer thing sounds cool and you hate it for no reason and thats the only reason you think this arc is going to suck

To be honest, his hate is founded. Fairy tail have its own list of disappointments and I believe that OS was one of them.
I believe that the reason he said that was because the setting now is kindda like the setting back in OS. Overpowered opponents, alot of good mages vs only a few evil mages. You can't blame him for his fear of disapointment.

I don't really like the god slayer thing myself but I don't hate it.
Yet, I can't help but shake of the feeling that this is an asspull, mainly because this was never mentioned before.
We heard of S-Class, dragons, lost magic but never god slayers. It just felt..weird..to have something like to pulled on the readers out of nowhere.

Anyway, a good chapter with the matchups, I don't think anyone saw this matchups coming. Dark fire eh? I see Natsu using some golden flames upgrade in the near future..

MechR
January 10, 2011, 06:04 AM
To be honest, his hate is founded.
No, it really isn't. He's so off-base I don't even know where to start.
So far, this arc has been the best-written since forever, and it's actually getting into the main plot. It deserves a chance to play out before he barfs all over it. If he really has so little faith in it, he might as well stop reading now.

He's getting worked up over imaginary magma-DS and super-Caprico scenarios that came straight out of his ass.

Edoras was ten times worse than the Oracion Seis arc.

ALL signs point to FT losing this time.

Natsu just learned how to admit defeat.

Zeref, Urtear, and Grimoire Heart have been built up as the main villains over several arcs.

Zeref is tied to the dragons, i.e. the main plot, which has too many loose ends to be resolved in one arc.

Hades was the FT master before Makarov.

Makarov is down.

NOBODY can beat Hades at this point. Even if FT manages to win all their fights somehow, one Grimoire Law and it's all over. Makarov himself could get back up at full health, and it wouldn't turn the tide. That's how screwed FT is right now.

biron
January 10, 2011, 06:53 AM

ill remind you of your bs when ft wins or at least stalls GH
i hate this arc coz its turning into OS arc #2

No, it really isn't. He's so off-base I don't even know where to start.

So far, this arc has been the best-written since forever, and it's actually getting into the main plot. It deserves a chance to play out before he barfs all over it. If he really has so little faith in it, he might as well stop reading now.
He's getting worked up over imaginary magma-DS and super-Caprico scenarios that came straight out of his ass.
Edoras was ten times worse than the Oracion Seis arc.
ALL signs point to FT losing this time.

Natsu just learned how to admit defeat.
Zeref, Urtear, and Grimoire Heart have been built up as the main villains over several arcs.
Zeref is tied to the dragons, i.e. the main plot, which has too many loose ends to be resolved in one arc.
Hades was the FT master before Makarov.
Makarov is down.

NOBODY can beat Hades at this point. Even if FT manages to win all their fights somehow, one Grimoire Law and it's all over. Makarov himself could get back up at full health, and it wouldn't turn the tide. That's how screwed FT is right now.

1. this arc had number of really cool chapters i admit that
in fact i cant remember more epic chapter than the one with gildartz
that is the main reason i am so freaking disappointed at how this arc is.
2. god slayer came straight out of mashimas ass so i just tried to imagine how did this happen after all the good work he has done in this arc and what might follow if he continues to be this ridiculous
3. for you maybe it was but thats your opinion
the concept of edolas arc was indeed idiotic but chapters were approximately on the same level
OS arc had great potential but was ruined, had number of awful chapters and ended poorly.

on the win\lose topic
reread the beginning of OS arc
-most powerful combatants down at the beginning and couldnt do anything
- ridiculous powers
- even more ridiculous power they want to use (nirvana/zeref)
now read the rest
i hope you will be able to find similarities to current events

and do you really think FT will be the first shonen where all main characters lose in one ark?
obviously mashima didnt divide ft members in groups and match them with kin to have seven defeated groups of ft members
the only possible scenario is hades >>everyone after 7kin defeated but i really doubt it

Yashie
January 10, 2011, 07:51 AM
for some reason, i remember Zeref is looking for natsu. And he's disappointed when he found out natsu is not yet strong enough to face him. Meaning, natsu has the ability to win against Zeref??? Zeref is the strongest wizard right?? If that's the case, natsu has not yet realize his true abilities.

And I'm really curious why the dragons vanished all at the same time, and Lucy's mom died at the same month day and year. (If i remembered correctly, though).

I think Igneel only thought natsu the basic power of being a fire dragon slayer.

Zeref went all suicidal. Or atleast the guy with the nice hairstyle went suicidal and was all "Aww, you can't defeat me, I wanna get defeated" so I'm thinking it's highly possible that he's turned good, or some such ...

ghostexiled
January 10, 2011, 09:02 AM
Guys you need to tone down the negative comments...

It is fine to state your dissatisfaction with this chapter/series, as long as you are being constructive about it.

When you start with comments that are bashing the series and the mangaka... then you are over-stepping the line.

There is no reason to slam either if you are unhappy with either. Be constructive or don't post.

Also please stop with the profanity... there are ways to get your point across without resorting to such crude words.

Thank you.

chess4
January 10, 2011, 09:13 AM
i for one like the chapter. grimore heart realizes that their normal members will not cut it. so now we finally have some match ups.

natsu vs zancrow will be great. loki vs caprico will be good. the only person that will give them a problem will be hades. lets not forget that the girl that was partners will gaizille(cant remember her name) ran off to get help. so all they gotta do is hold out until gildartz and the crew gets back

4StepsAhead
January 10, 2011, 10:20 AM
I find this totally amazing........we had about 10 chapters of epicness, then one chapter that was not as good as the other ten.........and now based on this chapter alone the whole arc will suck. Come on now....seriously?? :o

Let's save the judgement for when the arc actually completes or is near completion.

tobeulp
January 10, 2011, 10:40 AM
Well for me this chapter is a great Chapter not as great as the previous chapter was but it is built up great and I don't see how can it lead like the one with the Oracion Seis because for me they are fooder compare to Grimoire even the one that face Gazille could take on somebody from Oracion Seis...
It is funny how people are disappointed with this chapter it isn't like that Fairy Tail already beat the Grimoire heart already... We should wait how this arc becomes before we even judge this arc... And I think even Mashima is just making this arc this way to setup what will the future story/arc will be

shinsengumi
January 10, 2011, 11:03 AM
i think this god slayer revelation holds a very high value plot-wise . its a key to understanding what dragon slayers are or what "slayers" are in general . we still dont know anything about them .gods and dragons and slayers and lachrymas and lost magics and ancient mages and whatnot

Zatono
January 10, 2011, 12:19 PM
I'm pretty you guys are taking this whole "God Slayer" thing a little too far. For all we know, Zancrow named it himself. Sure, its probably stronger then DS fire, since it IS forbidden after all, but God Slayer? Are there tangible Gods in the Fairy Tail universe that we've yet to hear about? Zancrow is probably bullshitting about the name.

Anyway, as someone mentioned before, this guy is probably just going to be another Ogre, like in RAVE. Basically, Ogre had a stronger but similar power to a couple protagonists, just like Zancrow to Natsu, but he lost.

shinsengumi
January 10, 2011, 12:53 PM
i think even if zancrow is nothing but talk , the tittle "god slayer" isnt random or bullshit

kkck
January 10, 2011, 12:58 PM
I don't think zancrow would simply bullshit about that lol. Anyways, the significance of the whole thing relies a bit on exactly what a god in that universe is along with what exactly it implies to be a god killer. With DS magic, the impression I get is that the user mimics the actual powers of a dragon and takes its constitution because dragons are the only thing that can fight dragons. If the situation is the same then what natsu is dealing with is a guy who mimics the powers of a god AND takes its constitution because the best (and perhaps only) way to deal with a god is with the power of a god. Now, I am not saying it is outright impossible for natsu to beat zancrow however the importance of fighting a guy whose magic and body mimic that of a god in the same sense a DS mimics the magic and body of a dragon is self evident.

Kurohitsugi
January 10, 2011, 01:32 PM
I don't understand why most of the people here find hard to accept the existence of a power stronger than the Dragon one. Zancrow is a real God-slayer. Hades himself said that all 7-KoP use Lost Magic. Why the heck Zancrow would be an exception ? Maybe it's just hard to accept that because Mashima didn't follow the cliche' of "main hero having the ultimate power of his fictional universe being the chosen one etc".

Godslayer means neither that Zancrow slayed a god nor that a god teached him his powers. It means that the nature (not necessarily the level) of his powers is similar to a god's one, divine. And we should wait until we confirm the existence of gods in FT. Maybe "God" isn't a person but a phenomenon, natural power or even Magic itself. Don't jump in conclusions so early.

Now, about the chapter the match-ups are interesting and predictable. Zancrow vs Natsu and Caprico (I didn't wait for Loke to indirectly confirm that he is indeed a celestial spirit - it was friggin obvious by the name/appearance) vs Lucy and co were easy to predict. The only surprising matchup was Mira & Lisana vs Azuma. About the outcomes I guess that Zancrow will beat Natsu. He will be the "Grimmjow" of the series to the hero winning the 1st round and pushing Natsu to become stronger learning by his defeat. And there's an interesting story point that we should not forget : Natsu faced Gildartz some hours ago and he learnt that in some battles you have to retreat in order to achieve the final victory. Aside this pair I am dying to see Meldy vs Erza and Juvia as well as Azuma vs Mirajane. Really, we are heading to some extremely interesting battles. And amidst all this, there is Zeref. He is the wild card of the story right now. ;)

Nevertheless, as I have said before, I believe that FT is going to get their ass kicked by GH. It's not only that the tired from the tournament FT members beating 7 ultra powerful-lost magic users sounds preposterous but GH capturing Zeref is the sole logical way for the plot to proceed. We all know that Zeref is going to return to his evil self at some point of the story and that can happen if GH wins this round. There's no point of Zeref "awakening" alone tbh. I can't be the only one who realizes how much a defeat of FT is needed at the moment. GH definitely seems the proper guild to be the long-lived enemies of Fairy Tail. Their conflict should last more than one arc.

Well done to Mashima. FT is the only manga that I can't wait for the next chapter. :tem :thumbs

swordsaintscoot
January 10, 2011, 03:06 PM
I'm even more convinced that Natsu will turn in to a Dragon eventually now. The recent episode reminded me how Natsu defeated Cobra. Aside from the fact Cobra turn his arms in to purple scales, the same as a dragon would have, Natsu didn't just scream at Cobra, he ROARED, like a dragon, it wasn't 'human' at all. It wouldn't surprise me now to consider that he will.

1337 haxor
January 10, 2011, 04:25 PM
All the people comparing this arc to Oracion Seis are forgetting two major points, Zeref showed up finally and Makarov got his ass handed by Hades on a silver plate.

There is no comparison to the amount of importance that the elements of this arc has in regards to the OS one.

Brain was a random evil guy who tried to get his hands on an uber powerful magical weapon made by Zeref.

Hades is the previous master of Fairy Tail who is searching for the mighty Zeref himself.

All of the Oraccion Seis members were also random enemies who happened to have match up haxor powers.

Ultear is a largely know and important character while Caprico is a rogue stellar spirit and there might be another guy in GH who is related to Cana.

Oraccion Seis happened in a random place when four good guilds united to destroy it for the sake of avoiding it's plans to come true.

This arc takes place in FT holy ground when the top corner of the Balam alliance comes at full force to take down a group of some of the most powerful FT members and put their hands on the prize (Zeref).

There is an obvious difference in importance which makes Grimmoire Heart that much more central to the plot than what was essentialy a random but powerful enemy that had to be dealt with.

For FT not do die I came up with the possibility of Laxus showing up with Raven Tail on his side.

It would be priceless to see Ivan yelling "WTH are you morons doing? I am the only one who can destroy Fairy Tail!" and then they push back GH so that FT can escape.

kkck
January 10, 2011, 04:43 PM
^ I think the oracion 6 arc is more important than what you give it credit for. For one thing, it introduced the first major dark guild. For another it brought back gerard, a character who is bound to be extremely important soon enough. For another, zeref and nirvana both plagued the world 400 years ago which is by no means a coincidence. IMO both arcs are far too related and both the importance of the oracion 6 arc along with this one will be revealed soon enough.

1337 haxor
January 10, 2011, 05:04 PM
^ I think the oracion 6 arc is more important than what you give it credit for. For one thing, it introduced the first major dark guild. For another it brought back gerard, a character who is bound to be extremely important soon enough. For another, zeref and nirvana both plagued the world 400 years ago which is by no means a coincidence. IMO both arcs are far too related and both the importance of the oracion 6 arc along with this one will be revealed soon enough.

Sorry but I don't see it like that, true they were the first major dark guild but that doesn't mean they were really important to the central plot at all.

Neither is Nirvana, it sure was some crazy haxor magic but it was just another product of Zeref's work, it was like deliora or lullaby only just a heckload more powerful.

No matter how you put it they were villains who simply came out of nowhere, they didn't had a past related to any of the main characters nor did they inflicted any major loss which could have made a deep impact on the protagonists.

The only things that came out useful from that arc were Gerards revival and Loki's revelation as a Celestial Spirit.

Other than that they were mere random overhyped characters.

I can see why some people are afraid the same will come out from Grimmoire Heart but I can't understand how come nobody has seen the break in the pattern.

Never before had Makarov been defeated in a fair fight, neither have been so many relations between FT characters and the enemy before.

We have Caprico who certainly has a lot of business with Lucy and Loke, we have Ultear who has a major relation to Gray, we got Hiraku who is based off in Mashima's personal assintance and there might even be another GH member who is related to Cana.

It's completely differente and far more important because those things bring character growth.

Oraccion Seis was more of RAWR I win for my friend sort of thing while this one, at least in promise, has deeper emotions in store for us.

Umbra Wolf
January 10, 2011, 05:15 PM
While we have dragon slayers, DS are rather fond of dragons are they?
By logic god slayers must learn from gods to kill gods and hence have a rather steady relationship.

Obviously it is hinted that Hades gave the 7 kin insight into their special lost magic. So basically I think there is no god involved at all but Hades worked with some old scriptures telling about god slayers and told it to one of his pupils.

swordsaintscoot
January 10, 2011, 05:48 PM
Sorry but I don't see it like that, true they were the first major dark guild but that doesn't mean they were really important to the central plot at all.

Neither is Nirvana, it sure was some crazy haxor magic but it was just another product of Zeref's work, it was like deliora or lullaby only just a heckload more powerful.

No matter how you put it they were villains who simply came out of nowhere, they didn't had a past related to any of the main characters nor did they inflicted any major loss which could have made a deep impact on the protagonists.

The only things that came out useful from that arc were Gerards revival and Loki's revelation as a Celestial Spirit.

Other than that they were mere random overhyped characters.

I can see why some people are afraid the same will come out from Grimmoire Heart but I can't understand how come nobody has seen the break in the pattern.

Never before had Makarov been defeated in a fair fight, neither have been so many relations between FT characters and the enemy before.

We have Caprico who certainly has a lot of business with Lucy and Loke, we have Ultear who has a major relation to Gray, we got Hiraku who is based off in Mashima's personal assintance and there might even be another GH member who is related to Cana.

It's completely differente and far more important because those things bring character growth.

Oraccion Seis was more of RAWR I win for my friend sort of thing while this one, at least in promise, has deeper emotions in store for us.

1. All 6 of the Oracion Seis were apparent slaves to the Tower of Heaven in their youth. Maybe only 5, I'm not sure about Brain.

2. Cobra is a (fake) dragon slayer. You may not see this as much, but it's a subjective topic that is open to interpretation. He was only the second fake dragon slayer we have encountered and he was able to show us abilities of a dragon slayer we hadn't fully seen yet. Senses beyond that of the norm and the ability to change his skin to FULL scales, and grow claws. Sure, Gazille and Natsu have both shown small tidbits of scales, but nothing on the same scale as Cobra. He was also able to show us Natsu ROAR. ROAR, not scream. He didn't just scream high-pitched, he showed us Natsu was a little more like a dragon than what we expected.

3. Cobra has another indirect connection to Fairy Tail. Kinana, it would be understandable if you didn't know what I was talking about though, so I'll elaborate. Kinana is a Fairy Tail member who despite being human, used to have the form a snake.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110101015015/fairytail/images/8/86/Kinana_Guild_Card.jpg
Cobra has said those same words.

4. Angel was the Stellar Spirit mage who killed Loki's previous owner. She owns Loki's friend Aries, and Aquarius' boyfriend Scorpio.

5. Lucy showed a fragment of her true power in this arc, showing that she is capable of great magic, even if she wasn't able to conciously perform it. However her power to summon multiple spirits is shown.

6. Nirvana's connection to Zeref is indisputable. As is the fact they were one of the 3 corners of the Balam Alliance. They weren't just randoms, the Balam alliance was mentioned long ago in one of the very first arcs.

7. Brain has a direct connection to Jellal, teaching him destructive magic.

8. Hoteye has a clear connection to Erza's friend wally. Possible the brother he was searching for.

Is this not enough for you?

kamakazi_1996
January 10, 2011, 06:02 PM
i think every1 is over thinking this whole GODSLAYER business:eyeroll
it doesnt mean that zancrow can actually slay a god or win against one, its just that he has advantages over a god and can fight one easier than others.

like natsu for example he is a dragonslayer and he cant actually slay a dragon or even fight on equal terms.......YET :)

i think zancrow is stronger than natsu but not as strong as a dragon or a god.

also we dont even know how powerful these gods are they could be stronger than the dragons or weaker :p

swordsaintscoot
January 10, 2011, 06:04 PM
The oracion Seis arc established that in ancient times it was the dragons that ruled.

kkck
January 10, 2011, 06:22 PM
Also, nirvana was not made by zeref at all, it was made by the master of the cat shelter guild. Nirvana was most likely made to counter zeref given the timeline though (and would perhaps explain his current docile nature).

meepers4982
January 10, 2011, 06:33 PM
wouldnt it be a twist if it turned out that the 'gods' were dragons? Just kidding, i think its pretty confirmed that its not, natsu not being able to eat the flames is proof of that. I think there is a possibility that the dragons took over for the gods. It is even possible that zered is one such 'god'.

swordsaintscoot
January 10, 2011, 06:35 PM
Also, nirvana was not made by zeref at all, it was made by the master of the cat shelter guild. Nirvana was most likely made to counter zeref given the timeline though (and would perhaps explain his current docile nature).

has anyone actually said zeref made nirvana?

Bowser
January 10, 2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah whoever posted about Evergreen...you are so damn right.

Prediction: Gildartz to return some time in this arc and pwn some people...somehow.

Makarov got trolled again yay ¬_¬

1337 haxor
January 10, 2011, 07:20 PM
1. All 6 of the Oracion Seis were apparent slaves to the Tower of Heaven in their youth. Maybe only 5, I'm not sure about Brain.

2. Cobra is a (fake) dragon slayer. You may not see this as much, but it's a subjective topic that is open to interpretation. He was only the second fake dragon slayer we have encountered and he was able to show us abilities of a dragon slayer we hadn't fully seen yet. Senses beyond that of the norm and the ability to change his skin to FULL scales, and grow claws. Sure, Gazille and Natsu have both shown small tidbits of scales, but nothing on the same scale as Cobra. He was also able to show us Natsu ROAR. ROAR, not scream. He didn't just scream high-pitched, he showed us Natsu was a little more like a dragon than what we expected.

3. Cobra has another indirect connection to Fairy Tail. Kinana, it would be understandable if you didn't know what I was talking about though, so I'll elaborate. Kinana is a Fairy Tail member who despite being human, used to have the form a snake.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110101015015/fairytail/images/8/86/Kinana_Guild_Card.jpg
Cobra has said those same words.

4. Angel was the Stellar Spirit mage who killed Loki's previous owner. She owns Loki's friend Aries, and Aquarius' boyfriend Scorpio.

5. Lucy showed a fragment of her true power in this arc, showing that she is capable of great magic, even if she wasn't able to conciously perform it. However her power to summon multiple spirits is shown.

6. Nirvana's connection to Zeref is indisputable. As is the fact they were one of the 3 corners of the Balam Alliance. They weren't just randoms, the Balam alliance was mentioned long ago in one of the very first arcs.

7. Brain has a direct connection to Jellal, teaching him destructive magic.

8. Hoteye has a clear connection to Erza's friend wally. Possible the brother he was searching for.

Is this not enough for you?

NOPE IT ISN'T! http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/haseoshell/onion-head-laugh-haha.gif

Loke was the only important character who received any sort of emotional development, he met his long time friend.

Lucy just proved she has some haxor in herself and I am betting this will turn major later on.

Jellal coming back was the other important thing that I mentioned, I have no idea what he will do later.

Being part of the Balam alliance makes you strong but not exactly the most central piece of the puzzle.

I never said they were weak, I said they were just not important enough to have a long standing conection to the story as Grimmoire Heart is.

They were after some haxor magis related to Zeref but there are another god-knows-how-many super powered spells and artifacts left behind by the dark wizard when he felt.

In the Oraccion Seis arc people powered up out of cool, they simply shouted the old fashioned friendship cliche and bang, they win.

This arc has greater potential to have a long lasting impact on characters than the OS arc had.

Oraccion Seis was random in the sense that none of those fights changed the main characters in any way, only Lucy got more spirits and Loke was revealed as Leo but everyone else couldn't give a damn for what happened exept maybe if Erza was happy to have Jellal back.

Now we got Makarov on the grave, lost magic, Zeref and the Council all on FTs sacred land which is opens up the possibility for drastic changes in the main characters.

kkck
January 10, 2011, 07:44 PM
wouldnt it be a twist if it turned out that the 'gods' were dragons? Just kidding, i think its pretty confirmed that its not, natsu not being able to eat the flames is proof of that. I think there is a possibility that the dragons took over for the gods. It is even possible that zered is one such 'god'.

I don't think zeref is a god of any sort but it is altogether possible his magic came from them.
https://manga.gamestotal.com/en/readx/Fairy_Tail/9/216/
In here hades talks about reaching the roots of magic and reaching zeref. I get the impression zeref was perhaps the actual first mage ever. Through him people eventually learned magic. However, if zeref was the first magic user then there are two scenarios. He either developed magic altogether by himself or was actually taught by a source, god or essence or whatnot. There have been light implications that zeref is a DS of sorts so perhaps dragons are close to the source of magic or gods?

Yashie
January 10, 2011, 08:29 PM
Dragonslayer Magic transforms some aspects of the physique of the person into that of a dragon, so does Godslayer change part of your body to resemble that of a God? OMG scary!

ghostexiled
January 10, 2011, 11:37 PM
I also don't really understand some of the problems people are having with something new being introduced into the series....

Do none of you enjoy something new and fresh added into the story?

I have faith in Mashima, that he knows what he is doing.

Everything doesn't have to be hinted at or spelled out at the beginning of the series in order for it to surface now or even later.

Everyone seemed to except the "Fake" DS's just fine... so why not chill and see what the God Slayer deal is about.

You never know... Zatono could be right. It could be just Zancrow stroking his own ego. Meaning there is no such thing as a God Slayer... he just likes to call himself that.

Even if he is a true new type of Slayer... I say awesome. I can't wait to see how they relate to the DSers.

kkck
January 10, 2011, 11:57 PM
But evergreen looks hot with glasses lol. Anyways, her stone magic thingy is her primary magic so it would indeed be the wiser move here. I don't see things working so easily though even with her glasses off. Rustyrose has glasses of his own so perhaps those will provide protection. Worst case scenario his magic is a superior version of evergreens.

ghostexiled
January 11, 2011, 12:01 AM
I sense this turning into another whole "Why doesn't Makrov just use Fairy Law?" deal here...

The answer could be the same as the Fairy Law thing.

She will whip out the stone vision only to have it countered by Rusty Rose or another member.

Zatono
January 11, 2011, 12:02 AM
Worst case scenario his magic is a superior version of evergreens.

My god that would suck. The forbidden version of her eye technique? I forgot what her techniques weakness is, but I imagine a forbidden version would almost eliminate it or something to that effect.

swordsaintscoot
January 11, 2011, 12:27 AM
evergreen wears glasses so her power isn't constant

rustyrose is wearing glasses

maths is easy.

Ero-Sanji
January 11, 2011, 01:00 AM
But evergreen looks hot with glasses lol. Anyways, her stone magic thingy is her primary magic so it would indeed be the wiser move here. I don't see things working so easily though even with her glasses off. Rustyrose has glasses of his own so perhaps those will provide protection. Worst case scenario his magic is a superior version of evergreens.

Were did you get that from?
I thought they said that all of the raijinshu(?) had secondary eye magic but that evergreens was necessary in the festival. Anyway, even if it were here primary weapon it doesn't mean that it's bulletproof. She's up against the strongest Dark guild there is.

Zatono
January 11, 2011, 01:19 AM
Were did you get that from?
I thought they said that all of the raijinshu(?) had secondary eye magic but that evergreens was necessary in the festival. Anyway, even if it were here primary weapon it doesn't mean that it's bulletproof. She's up against the strongest Dark guild there is.

Look at the panel with Loki. http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v14/c115/10.html

matzik1212
January 11, 2011, 02:32 PM
OMG i'm getting goosebumps :XD...the next chapter seems to be pretty amazing though i might say that i totally didn't expect the flames of zancrow to be unable to be eaten by natsu and what the....god slayer o_O....this is getting interesting and even if i don't want to admit it it's a fact i guess that zancrow will wipe the floor with natsu for now anyway :amuse

ZERO PHOENIX
January 11, 2011, 03:41 PM
Looking good up there Lt. Vermillion. Getting back to the topic, I have to say Grimoire Heart is really bringing the pain. Zancrow made his big debut and he was really impressive. Natsu better get some help from Kratos because this guy looks as dangerous as he does crazy. He reminds me of Weiss the Immaculate.

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy2/de/images/5/50/Weiss-the-immaculate.jpg

Separated at birth?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101111071708/fairytail/images/thumb/2/2a/Zancrow.jpg/250px-Zancrow.jpg

Maybe.

I'm not impressed with the fact that GH knows lost magic. Urtear thought she could play around with Natsu until he whooped her ass so, I'm not giving GH props for reaching into a bag of old tricks. What impresses me is guys like Zancrow and the one who decimated Wendy's group. I'm also intrigued by that little cutey who is about to take on Erza and Juvia. Fairy Tail can always use more hotties. Here's hoping she converts.

Ero-Sanji
January 11, 2011, 03:59 PM
Look at the panel with Loki. http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v14/c115/10.html

So, I was right then?:p

But still, primary or secondary it doesn't matter just because you have the ability to turn something to stone don't mean you're going to win. I thought the Greeks taught us that?

1337 haxor
January 11, 2011, 04:35 PM
Looking good up there Lt. Vermillion. Getting back to the topic, I have to say Grimoire Heart is really bringing the pain. Zancrow made his big debut and he was really impressive. Natsu better get some help from Kratos because this guy looks as dangerous as he does crazy. He reminds me of Weiss the Immaculate.

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy2/de/images/5/50/Weiss-the-immaculate.jpg

Separated at birth?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101111071708/fairytail/images/thumb/2/2a/Zancrow.jpg/250px-Zancrow.jpg

Maybe.

I'm not impressed with the fact that GH knows lost magic. Urtear thought she could play around with Natsu until he whooped her ass so, I'm not giving GH props for reaching into a bag of old tricks. What impresses me is guys like Zancrow and the one who decimated Wendy's group. I'm also intrigued by that little cutey who is about to take on Erza and Juvia. Fairy Tail can always use more hotties. Here's hoping she converts.

QFTW!

Meredy certainly is the best example of how Hades brainwashed the likes of Ultear since childhood to make them the war machines they now are.

She still has the traits of a child of her age when not acting under the Ulquiorra protocol.

She is undoubtedly an extremely powerful mage to be part of 7K in her age but her battle experience is not much developed and hence other's questioning if she can fight.

As I said before it is possible that her turn around from GH might spark the turn of tides in this conflict.

Fairy Tail's maily chance here is to hit Grimmoire Heart where it hurts the most, and by that I mean wreaking the fighting spirit of their members.

sarutobi_sensei
January 11, 2011, 06:49 PM

Thanks for this. I was about to post something like this as well.

We know that 400 years ago there was a great war, Zeref was roaming, people were suffering, etc. Nirvana was created in order to stop the conflict, but it ended up backfiring.

Gérard was important in that arc and he will be on this one. I predicted that he will appear on the island, working for the government. Why do I predict this? Because Mest is not there. He suddenly disappeared. I honestly believe that he went to contact the council, ask for back-up and Gérard's the one that's coming.

It wasn't made by the master of Cait Shelter but rather by the people of the Nirvit tribe, and not to counter Zeref himself, but to stop the warfare that was going on.

And now I honestly don't believe that Zeref is indeed bad. When we learned that he created all those evil things I was like, zomg the guy must be truly evil and I imagined a creepy old man, kinda like Hades. Now that I see him, I don't think that he did what he did because he is bad, but rather because he either was being controlled, or didn't think that what he was creating would be that devastating.

In fact, after what Hades said about Magic being feared, I think that it was the fame that people gave about him creating evil things that made him like that.

He is afraid of killing people and animals for god's sake. He can't be evil like the rumors say. I'm 90% sure that there are outside factors in the: he can't be allowed to be revived because he's the worst thing that has ever happened.

And don't go forgetting about what Grandine said when she met with Igneel. She mentioned that all was left to the humans, and Zeref.

What if it were the "gods" that brought out chaos?

I mean srsl, what if it were the gods that brought out the destruction and chaos and Zeref discovered how to use the same powers that the so called gods could use, and decided to fight against them?

This could even lead up to the Dragons and Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel and others being part of the same group of fighters that wanted to stop the so called gods.

I had a theory sometime ago that Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel, Zeref, the Dragons and other Dragon slayers were part of the same group. On that theory I predicted that Zeref went crazy because of all the power that he had and it cost the Dragon Slayers all their power to seal and weaken him, them returning to their child forms and Zeref as well, and to wake up all these years into the future. It could explain why Natsu's, Gajeel's and Zeref's clothes are seemingly old fashioned.

And the exceed. They will appear again soon. Why? Because we weren't told by Shagotte why she sent the eggs to earthland. She said that it was not for killing the Dragon Slayers, but never did tell us why they were sent.

kkck
January 11, 2011, 08:05 PM
https://manga.gamestotal.com/?/en/readx/Fairy_Tail/10/1
Actually the master of cat shelter indeed made nirvana. That is why he stayed on earth beyond his death, to make up for that.

The problem is perhaps not zeref himself but rather what is inside of him, which is what hades is looking for as he revealed a few chapters back. The issue at hand about that would be what exactly is inside of zeref. Is it another dude, a different personality a foul power? Who knows.... Also, nirvana was used to put an end to the war but that in itself is a bit of an ambiguous statement. What if brainwashing zeref through nirvana left his side leaderless and effectively stopped the war? If zeref was actually targeted by nirvana then the docile guy who wouldn't hurt a fly we have seen up to now is just kind of a fake person of sorts or someone bound to be taken over by his own innate evil.

Also, it was said why the exceed eggs were sent to earthland. Shagotte had visions of exteria falling from the sky. The elders thought those visions were from the end of the exceed civilization hence they took measures to ensure the survival of the exceed. The 100 eggs were not sent there so as to ensure the race of the exceed would survive even once they were annihilated in edoras. All of this was said in the last chapter of that arc.

sarutobi_sensei
January 11, 2011, 11:09 PM
Actually the master of cat shelter indeed made nirvana. That is why he stayed on earth beyond his death, to make up for that.

Yeah you're right. I went back to read it and it does say that he was the one that created it.

The problem is perhaps not zeref himself but rather what is inside of him, which is what hades is looking for as he revealed a few chapters back. The issue at hand about that would be what exactly is inside of zeref. Is it another dude, a different personality a foul power? Who knows.... Also, nirvana was used to put an end to the war but that in itself is a bit of an ambiguous statement. What if brainwashing zeref through nirvana left his side leaderless and effectively stopped the war? If zeref was actually targeted by nirvana then the docile guy who wouldn't hurt a fly we have seen up to now is just kind of a fake person of sorts or someone bound to be taken over by his own innate evil.

Probably some kind of demon, dark emotion, something of the so called gods (I'm more inclined to think about this because of God Slayers)

It was created to stop the war, but we never heard that it did indeed stop it. We know that it accumulated a high quantity of darkness and that made the Nirvit fight each other.

Well you see things from an angle I see them from another x)

You might be right about Nirvana taking away the darkness that existed inside of Zeref, but personally, I think you're wrong.

Also, it was said why the exceed eggs were sent to earthland. Shagotte had visions of exteria falling from the sky. The elders thought those visions were from the end of the exceed civilization hence they took measures to ensure the survival of the exceed. The 100 eggs were not sent there so as to ensure the race of the exceed would survive even once they were annihilated in edoras. All of this was said in the last chapter of that arc.

I'm talking about what she meant when someone asked, but why the dragon slayers?

I can't seem to find it right now, but I'll try to look for it.

This
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v20/c166/17.html and this: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v20/c166/18.html

Have to be answered. Natsu might turn into a real dragon one day. And what exactly did Poliuska predicted?

I believe that this will be answered on this arc, just before Makarov dies, telling Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel about it.
[hr]
Just read the whole Edoras Arc and you were right. It was to save the children that they sent the eggs.

But I still have doubts about why some landed with Dragon Slayers.

And seeing it now, the Exceed might take a role on an upcoming arc.

kkck
January 11, 2011, 11:24 PM
Well, nirvana could not make darkness or light disappear. It could only move and change its place. In that sense if nirvana was used against zeref then naturally the darkness within him would have had to be moved and replaced with light. What if the predator of death thingy we have seen so far is actually the darkness within himself which was exchanged for light and is currently trying to surface. I think that would make sense for the most part. Anyways, given the timeline which has been given I just can't imagine nirvana not being used against zeref. I mean, wouldn't it be the most logical choice for the most part? Zeref has unique magic and along with that the sheer amount of power and skill he is supposed to have is unparalleled to say the least. In that sense, it is not like someone could just take his place in leading a war. That is why I just don't see how nirvana could have been developed to stop the war and somehow zeref ended up NOT being the primary target here.

On another note, now that the whole god slayer thing has been introduced I wonder how it would relate to zeref. Zeref was implied to be a dragon slayer a while back but wouldn't it be a bit anticlimatic if simply god slaying magic was superior to his own DS magic? More importantly, zeref was utterly unaffected by dragon slaying magic which would be a tad weird if he was someone who takes the constitution of a dragon. I am thinking that perhaps zeref is more of a god slayer himself. It would even make sense considering his magic seems to have power over life and death. The power of a god would be much more fitting given what little we know. But then again, natsu is the one that is supposed to defeat zeref according to zeref himself so there has to be some way for dragons to step up to the power of "gods". we don't know what gods are as of now however perhaps dragons actually have it in them to stand up to these guys? Or at least dragon magic can actually do something here while human magic would not be so lucky?
[hr]
The exceed are bound to appear again but I am not so sure as to what relevance they might have. As a source of magic they are a rather poor choice considering how weak the exceed actually are. I doubt there is more than coincidence to the whole DS/exceed thing. I mean, the exceed as far as we know did not actually plan to kill them at all. Or perhaps they kinda aimed for actual DS back when they sent the eggs to fool the humans which is why at least 2 of them found their way to them?

ghostexiled
January 11, 2011, 11:55 PM
Where was it implied that Zeref was a DS? I don't recall any such statement being made... I know people think he "might" be.

From my understanding if he is an all powerful mage that ever lived... he needs to be something more than just a DS.

Ero-Sanji
January 12, 2011, 12:38 AM
Where was it implied that Zeref was a DS? I don't recall any such statement being made... I know people think he "might" be.

From my understanding if he is an all powerful mage that ever lived... he needs to be something more than just a DS.

I guess that he thought of his fangs as an indication of Zeref being a DS, however the god slayers also has fangs.

I wonder if demon slayer would have been a better name?

crimsonprincess
January 12, 2011, 01:45 AM
There is still a lot for this. FT don't even know why their island is being attacked. There's still the connection between Zeref and Natsu. Everything can change still. Tables can still turn.
As for FT losing for this arc, the odds have almost always been against them, so this is no exception. Although the Lost Magic-thing does sound and seem scary. GH looks intimidating but FT is not "the strongest guild in all of Fiore" for no reason. Have a little faith. All of FT members in the island are among their strongest. They should at least give a good fight.

swordsaintscoot
January 12, 2011, 02:22 AM
They're not called the strongest guild in Fiore. They're the strongest light guild in fiore.

elitefox
January 12, 2011, 04:38 AM
What if Zeref somehow gets the thing like the current the brother like of erza with tatoo on his left face. could have no memory but instead know natsu?

But if he wants natsu to get rid of him... and we know what natsu as a ds do best... to slay a dragon... so I think zeref is either a dragon or a god.

ca12nag3
January 12, 2011, 06:03 AM
What if Zeref somehow gets the thing like the current the brother like of erza with tatoo on his left face..

could you rephrase this? If your saying Jellal is the brother of Erza your wrong since hes kind of her loveinterest.

Jellal had no memory of his past. However Zeref seems to know Natsu, if this is from others or himself is unknown. His phrasing however sugests they might have fought before or are ment to. (as in Natsu killing/stopping Zeref)

So far there is no realistic link between Zeref and Jellal other then Ultear using Jellal for her goals.

kkck
January 12, 2011, 08:52 AM

It's not much of a statement made by someone but generally when someone turns out to have fangs like the ones shown here it is because the person in question is a dragon slayer. At least IMO he is at least a form of DS or perhaps a god slayer....
[hr]

I guess that he thought of his fangs as an indication of Zeref being a DS, however the god slayers also has fangs.

I wonder if demon slayer would have been a better name?

DId zancrow have fangs too? I don't actually remember that lol, I don't think he did.

crimsonprincess
January 12, 2011, 09:28 AM
They're not called the strongest guild in Fiore. They're the strongest light guild in fiore.

I just copied that from the manga. That's why it is in quotation marks. So they're not my words. :) Chapter 210 Page 7 or so

Ero-Sanji
January 12, 2011, 10:35 AM
DId zancrow have fangs too? I don't actually remember that lol, I don't think he did.

Well, sometimes it does look like fangs but I guess it's just some typical villain saw-teeth.

sarutobi_sensei
January 12, 2011, 02:35 PM
That Zeref, Natsu, Dragon Slayers and Fairy tail all have a connection it's evident.

We have heard since Grandine met Igneel that all was to be left to the Humans and Zeref. Then Igneel cut her off and she stopped talking.

Wendy knew of Natsu and Natsu seemingly knew of her. He wonder's where he heard the name before and that's going to be important very soon.

Then there's Makarov saying something about the prediction Poliuska made about the Dragon Slayers in Fairy Tail. Then we also have Guildartz saying something about Natsu becoming one one day.

After that we have Zeref calling for Natsu. Zeref stating, so this is an island of the guild? That means he knows the guild and is familiarized with it. Then we have again, Zeref talking about how Natsu still not being strong enough to break him.

I mean, the proof has all been given ever since Oracion Seis arc. What started there, continues now.

Bowser
January 12, 2011, 08:21 PM
evergreen wears glasses so her power isn't constant

rustyrose is wearing glasses

maths is easy.

Yes...I like that inductive argument.

1. Evergreen has eye-powers
2. Evergreen wears glasses.
3. Rustyrose wears glasses.
4. Therefore, Rustyrose has eye-powers.

Interesting. You better not do this to us Mashima!

sarutobi_sensei
January 12, 2011, 08:38 PM
Loki also uses glasses and he doesn't have eye powers...

swordsaintscoot
January 13, 2011, 06:01 AM
I wasnt implying he had eye powers

i was saying that evergreen has to remove her glasses for her eye powers to be effective, meaning the glasses stop her eye powers

rustyrose is wearing glasses, protection against her ability?

Yashie
January 13, 2011, 06:58 AM
I wasnt implying he had eye powers

i was saying that evergreen has to remove her glasses for her eye powers to be effective, meaning the glasses stop her eye powers

rustyrose is wearing glasses, protection against her ability?

I sincerely and seriously doubt that. I mean, I don't think he would have anticipated (or cared about) the fact that he would meet Evergreen and no one else in the whole guild and would want to wear glasses to protect from just that power. Come on, maybe the guy's shortsighted or something, for all we know.

kkck
January 13, 2011, 12:46 PM
I don't think it would be strange for rustyrose would have some ability on his eyes. He is evidently some sort of narcicist so what would fit him better than an eye related ability?

swordsaintscoot
January 13, 2011, 04:02 PM
I sincerely and seriously doubt that. I mean, I don't think he would have anticipated (or cared about) the fact that he would meet Evergreen and no one else in the whole guild and would want to wear glasses to protect from just that power. Come on, maybe the guy's shortsighted or something, for all we know.

Again, I'm not saying it's a deliberate counter, but rather just a bad match up for evergreen.

Ero-Sanji
January 13, 2011, 04:11 PM
I don't think it would be strange for rustyrose would have some ability on his eyes. He is evidently some sort of narcicist so what would fit him better than an eye related ability?

I don't really see how eye abilities are connected to narcissism. Shounen eye techniques are usually for those who appear strong and intimidating, IMO.

Narcissists usually have beauty related powers. Since Ice(preserver of beauty) is more or less taken I guess he might have plant like powers which he haven't seen yet if I'm not mistaken. Then again his name is Rustyrose and could indicate on destroyer of beauty.

mashimashilove
January 14, 2011, 07:59 AM
if we're relating his powers to narcissism, maybe he has mirror-related powers. like he reflects things, and he'll just turn evergreen to stone the second she tries to use it on him. bwahahaa.

i feel like his powers will relate to plants, but i kind of hope not because...his name is rustyrose and i hate it when people have names related to their powers like that. maybe his magic will have something to do with his poetic flow~

tobeulp
January 14, 2011, 11:04 AM
Rustyrose will probably have a rose/plant as a weapon that can turn things to be rusty lol...

Bugzee
January 14, 2011, 03:14 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of this "lost magic" being used by the "Seven Kin Of Purgatory" mages and how the Fairy Tail mages will counter against it. Obviously some of them will fall victim to it!? :s

As for that "Godslayer" mage...well he doesn't show anyone no mercy haha. He also kinda reminds me of Vigo from Psyren; they're both twisted psychos. :XD Anyway... it'll be interesting to see whether Natsu will hold up against him or not. I don't think even an enraged Natsu will be able to win this one so easily...

Edit: You never know...maybe we'll see Natsu reach new heights!? :D

Sevenheadedmirror
January 14, 2011, 06:05 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of this "lost magic" being used by the "Seven Kin Of Purgatory" mages and how the Fairy Tail mages will counter against it. Obviously some of them will fall victim to it!? :s

I'm all for villains kicking heroes asses. Specially the 2 vs 1 type of match is specially interesting (but for Natsu who has it harder and Gray who hast it easier on 3 vs 1 -I am not counting Loki since it's a summon of one of his companions in the first place-)

Personally I can't Imagine how the abilities of the other Kins will match the ones that have been announced (save Azuma whose skill is unimpressive but for intensity). I mean time and god's fire?. The goat will match them in awesomeness as he is clearly 'space'. The little girl spoke mechanically as she prepare for battle so I am betting it has something to do with machines or her having robot like abilities. Rustyrose could be wood -japanese have it as an element- but I like more the other ideas that have been proposed: beauty destroyer which will, somehow, be damaging besides psychology or 'mirror magic'; I loved this suggestion. Just gessin'.

Kurohitsugi
January 15, 2011, 07:13 AM
I mean time and god's fire?. The goat will match them in awesomeness as he is clearly 'space'. The little girl spoke mechanically as she prepare for battle so I am betting it has something to do with machines or her having robot like abilities. Rustyrose could be wood -japanese have it as an element- but I like more the other ideas that have been proposed: beauty destroyer which will, somehow, be damaging besides psychology or 'mirror magic'; I loved this suggestion. Just gessin'.

Nice question. I was wandering the same time. What's going to be the rest of the 7Kin's powers. They have to be impressive as well. Space manipulation was also my guess for Caprico. For Rustyrose I wouldn't limit it to "wood" but the much more impressive power of being able to control "Nature", probably with the form of deploying plants against his opponents. Meldy will have a power that has to do with the manipulation or erasement of feelings, considering her robotic attitude. I can't think something for Kain tbh.

Let's see how this is going to turn out. I am pretty sure I am 100% wrong in my predictions on this one. :eyeroll :tem

Rowel
January 15, 2011, 07:52 AM
My predictions;

-focus of chapter on cana, gray, lucy and loki fight and natsu fight.
-Natsu gets destroyed
-Loki explains caprico
-we see where Mest went.
-Ultear starts to make her move.