PDA

View Full Version : Next Fairy Tail Master?

Rowel
December 27, 2010, 01:08 PM
Makarov Is getting Old and he is sick so i don't think He'll last long.
So what do you think, Who'll be The Next master of Fairy tail.

FĂȘ - forever alone
December 27, 2010, 08:32 PM
I would love to see Kana, but I'm quite aware that it will never happen, lol.

Dark God Zeus
December 27, 2010, 09:26 PM
Makarov Will Stay till the end: He's done what each hokage, Jiraiya, Pain, Itatchi, etc did before they died. He sent his "will" to a successor.
Someone from magic council: Who hasn't been shown, while the whole damn thing wants to end fairy tail?
Gildarts: Potential, incredibly strong mage, lots of talent, different magic.
Luxus: Very powerful mage, name known through the land, has had time to think/train in his excommunication, blood related. And Makarov actually had this reach him.
Erza: Potential, though less than the former two. As a guildmaster, you don't really go out on missions, so I don't think she'd like it. If the manga works like Naruto and Bleach, then the women sit on the sidelines.
Mirajane: I actually like this idea. She did run things to an extent while makarov was gone or out of comission, didn't she?
Someone From magic saint: Random person again?
Kana: WTF has she done? Get smacked around like fodder?
Natsu: Wouldn't fit his archtype.
Gray: No

Newkerzy
December 28, 2010, 10:42 AM
I read a fic where Makarov is nearing death even closer than ever before, and before he passes out, he names Mira the Yondaime (4th). Just to let you know the term "4th" does actually mean Yondaime in Japanese. So this ain't just a Naruto reference.

Anyways, the points stated in that fic does make Mira very legitimate for the title. But after seeing the latest chapter, I'm kind of 50/50 about it.

Askia32
January 01, 2011, 04:14 AM
I'm thinking Luxus will comeback and save the day somehow than become the new master. Not sold on the idea, but its there. Especially since we have seen how forgiving the members of FT can be.

BlackHair
January 01, 2011, 10:22 AM
A Master should be wise, experienced and strong. While I have to say wisdom is probably the most important one. Therefore my vote goes for Gildarts, despite chapter 216.

But as things seems to develop, it will be probably Laxus. I like his magic, infact lightning is my most favourite element. However I don't want him as the Master. His attack against his own nakama was just immature, though he learned his lesson. Also if he becomes the master, he would fight less.

alf_man
January 01, 2011, 11:20 PM
I say Gildartz. After he failed the 100 year mission, he told Makarov he would stay for a while and Makarov's potential death/resignation would probably motivate him slightly.

It makes more sense to have a S-class replace him because they have passed all the tests on personality, thinking and such. Of course it could also be a random magic saint, I wouldn't mind that as it introduces a new character to the chaos.

It's most likely going to be Makarov appointing someone within FT, at least that's how Purehito decided to pass on his role. I say Gildartz promoted and Laxus returns.

Razh
January 05, 2011, 06:55 PM
I could see Luxus becoming a guild master, some day. He's not nearly mature enough to have that kind of responsibility any time soon. Gildartz is the only sensible choice. Maybe he was introduced as being somewhat spaced-out, but he has demonstrated that he's no bone-head.

Luxus could become the master after him. Just because Luxus is supposed to inherit the will, it doesn't mean he has to do it right away.

Ero-Sanji
January 05, 2011, 07:09 PM
I can't really see Gildartz as a Guild Master. He doesn't have that little extra a master needs. Laxus age is not a problem for me but his strength is. As a Master he needs to get stronger.

Not that he's weak though I mean just look at all the magical spells he did and fuelled at the Festival but I think he would have big problems against older magicians such as his father and Purehito to name but a few. However, his most definitely a power house who probably could defeat Jose and Gerard.

Looking forward though, I can see and I'm positive towards a fight between Ivan and Laxus. This time Laxus sees what his old man really is about and he could finally prove that he's strong enough. So, seriously I don't think Laxus is a bad choice it's just that we are accustomed with older masters. Imo, Fairy tail needs a fairly young master. First of all because I'm tired of the older master who's sick or crippled and then all the great mages of Fairy tail except two are at the same age and they're young. So why not have a slightly older master who could grow old with them?

ZERO PHOENIX
January 06, 2011, 03:24 PM
Luxus is more or less a given. Whether the other members of Fairy Tail agree to it or not is irrelevant I'd think. Makarov as passed his will onto his grandson, we saw that in the last chapter. Even if Gildartz is stronger he won't get in Luxus' way. He'll respect the old man's wishes. Under Gildartz Luxus would be the strongest member of Fairy Tail. Erza's cool and all but she's not even close.

Based on how the last chapter went, Luxus is a given.

Razh
January 07, 2011, 01:51 PM
Based on how the last chapter went, Luxus is a given.

Passing on a dying man's will is too vague for it to be given. Among all the Fairy Tail members, Luxus is the only one that has family ties with Makarov. Sure, you can say that all of them are family but grandson is still a grandson. I think Makarov always had hopes of Luxus becoming a guild master, but just because he's passing his will, doesn't mean he has to succeed him directly.

Oh btw, respects for still calling him Luxus. Not many of us left :p

Laxus sounds too much like diarrhea inducing medicine.:darn

ZERO PHOENIX
January 07, 2011, 02:09 PM
Passing on a dying man's will is too vague for it to be given. Among all the Fairy Tail members, Luxus is the only one that has family ties with Makarov. Sure, you can say that all of them are family but grandson is still a grandson. I think Makarov always had hopes of Luxus becoming a guild master, but just because he's passing his will, doesn't mean he has to succeed him directly.

That's true. Although I really don't see leadership passing to Gildartz it's possible that Luxus won't take over just yet. Possible, but improbable.

Oh btw, respects for still calling him Luxus. Not many of us left :p

Laxus sounds too much like diarrhea inducing medicine.:darn

Thanks. No biggie though, I just read the manga. :) I'm not sure where the hell people are getting the name Laxus from. :notrust Some of these scanlators must be drunk off their asses.

ghostexiled
January 07, 2011, 10:38 PM
I have been thinking about this...

I think that FT will suffer the councils wrath and be forced to be "disbanded". I think that FT might get broken into a couple of smaller groups with their own respective leader until Luxus has the ability to reunite the guild as a whole.

I agree with Razh, in that passing on the "Will" is not the same as giving the title of "Master" over to Luxus.

Example: Think of Naruto's having the will to become Hokage... but someone like Kakashi will most likely be the next.

FYI - please lets not start discussing other mangas. I only used the reference to Naruto to get my point across.

Unlucky Boy
January 08, 2011, 08:43 AM
Luxus is almost a given but I just cant see him sitting in the guild all day, attending meeting and dealing with the paper work...

Oh and I have one more candidate- Jellal!

bittman
January 10, 2011, 07:47 PM
Luxus isn't a given, in fact if anything I can't even see him as close.

Given the chapter, Markov wants Luxus to inherit his will to not let Fairy Tail down, but that doesn't necessarily make him the master automatically. Though indeed it might bring Luxus back into the guild, and he might want to be the master, I can easily count 2 mages in the guild who would be stronger than him (Gildhartz easily, Erza probably) and about 30 that are wiser than him.

I voted Markov will stay to the end, despite this building on from Rave's success, I cant help but see Fairy Tail as much lighter and I don't think they would kill off Markov that easily. If I had to choose a replacement, Gildhartz would be a shoe-in without doubt. As his match with Natsu showed, he has the heart of a FT member and the respect/wisdom of a senior member.

Besides, Luxus isn't going to have anything tied up soon. Still got that Raven Tail thing with his father and the Lacryma he has installed. From what I understood from that, Luxus was a weakling before it, and would be again without it. Until that arc happens, I still can't see Luxus returning. But if he does, I can't see him taking up leadership before the confrontation with his father.

And Markov obviously has to live for that arc too. Stop killing him off so easily, makes me sad =(

Jorge D. Dragon
January 11, 2011, 06:04 AM
I'd say Luxus. For now only Gildartz is a better choise than he is, but Luxus is very powerful mage and he is also still young and can develop his skills way more. Also he can use other magic exept his fake dragon slayer magic and also he is a leader and do care for his guild. And we didn't see anyone in FT exept him and Makarov who can use different magic.

gex407
January 14, 2011, 01:14 PM
I vote for Laxus.(my favorite character of ALL animes :amuse) Ok, so he did threaten everyone while he also tried to destroy them and become the new master... I'm quite sure he learned his lesson. Seeing from the ending of episode 48 (it makes me so sad, almost like id want to cry :( ), he already showed signs of improvement. I'm sure being away from fairy tail would make him realize all those important stuff that the Master said even more.
He will probably miss fairy tail..Oh and also, since he IS a blood relative to Makarov, im sure he would miss him too. And i think i saw a manga pic of it when makarov was dying or something that he told about Luxus inheriting the guild.

Second choice would be Erza, but thats about it.

kkck
January 14, 2011, 02:09 PM
Personally I think luxus is one level above erza as of now.... I mean, he took on gazille and natsu together and were it not for plot jutsu he would have won easily for the most part. I don't think erza could have done that to natsu and gazille together.... Heck, even an easy victory against natsu is a bit unlikely IMO.

White Silver King
January 16, 2011, 10:24 PM
I hope Mirajane becomes the next Master. She's the best suited for the job - she cares about the guild and everyone in it, she knows a lot about the magical world as a whole, she's down to earth and she's powerful (at least equal to Ezra as the story has suggested). Plus, she's my favorite.

wooticus
January 17, 2011, 12:54 PM
i don't think makarov will die but he will resign his mastership after the current arc because of his lack of ability to protect his "children".

so i also think it will be the council who might split up fairy tail into minor groups. or it will appoint a new leader which shall bring the guild into a not-so-chaotic shape. it would give FT a little "identity crisis".

the possibility i guess only i am actually believing is that in this arc someone (probably wendy) will through her lost magic revive mavis vermillion who might be actually a non human creature, something like a fairy.. and she will be the leader again for a little while... improving the magic of each guild member to a certain extent with a special training program or something.

kkck
January 17, 2011, 01:56 PM
^But is there anyone who could actually replace makarov though? Certainly not in FT at the moment, I would think even luxus still kinda lacks the power for such a thing. Gilldarts might be a decent match for makarot but would his capacity to protect the guild be any greater than makarov's? As it stands I don't think makarov can be replaced. Not to mention what is happening in fairy island is far from the guild's fault. No one knew zeref was there and grimmoire heart actually started the attack. Not a situation where the council should be angry....

ShoobyDooBop
January 21, 2011, 03:42 AM
Luxus isn't a given, in fact if anything I can't even see him as close.

Given the chapter, Markov wants Luxus to inherit his will to not let Fairy Tail down, but that doesn't necessarily make him the master automatically. Though indeed it might bring Luxus back into the guild, and he might want to be the master, I can easily count 2 mages in the guild who would be stronger than him (Gildhartz easily, Erza probably) and about 30 that are wiser than him.

I voted Markov will stay to the end, despite this building on from Rave's success, I cant help but see Fairy Tail as much lighter and I don't think they would kill off Markov that easily. If I had to choose a replacement, Gildhartz would be a shoe-in without doubt. As his match with Natsu showed, he has the heart of a FT member and the respect/wisdom of a senior member.

Besides, Luxus isn't going to have anything tied up soon. Still got that Raven Tail thing with his father and the Lacryma he has installed. From what I understood from that, Luxus was a weakling before it, and would be again without it. Until that arc happens, I still can't see Luxus returning. But if he does, I can't see him taking up leadership before the confrontation with his father.

And Markov obviously has to live for that arc too. Stop killing him off so easily, makes me sad =(

Indeed he was weak before but only his body and dude,not everyone can master Fairy Law so for me only his body was weak but his magic.

mangakey
January 24, 2011, 11:56 PM
Luxus will have to do something amazing to seriously redeem himself though. I think Luxus was shown in that one panel as a way of showing us that he will come back (at least for gramp's funeral if nothing else). Other than that, Gildarts seems to be liked by everyone.

peleihno
January 26, 2011, 09:49 PM
Only two people were worthy from the get go, sadly one was banished and the other is rather "unavailable" alot and usually of on an adventure of sorts. No one else in the guild has what it takes, hopefully Makarov survives to see another arc.

R3D
January 28, 2011, 10:34 AM
right now nobody in the guild could replace makarov. if he really needs to be replace i think it will be someone from the magic council but fairy tail will never be the same again without makarov as i dont think anyone his age will be that easy-going .

White Silver King
January 28, 2011, 03:50 PM
As someone else has said, Makarov isn't gonna die here. He still has to confront is son. You think Mashima is gonna miss out on that family moment? No way.

Distantgeek
January 28, 2011, 08:07 PM
Howdy, first post! Finally got around to finding a message board about Fairy Tail ^_^ Now my two cents :D

Luxus isn't ready, but I expect him to return this arc. I'm predicting he'll sense something's wrong and rally Gildartz and the rest of the guild to back up the heroes. At least that's my wishful thinking, I wanna see Gildartz in real action.

I wouldn't be surprised if the council, in an effort to flex their new power, forced Makarov to retire if he survives and appoint a Council-friendly Master. That would throw a whole new spin on things as they adapt to their new rules.

Gildartz is powerful enough, but doesn't want the responsibility I don't think. Or He'll do it and hate it, resigning to someone else. That'd be a neat mini-arc.

So it's either Council, Gildartz for a short arc, or Luxus 2.0.

Askia32
January 28, 2011, 10:26 PM
As someone else has said, Makarov isn't gonna die here. He still has to confront is son. You think Mashima is gonna miss out on that family moment? No way.

Idk, its gonna be a it off if Mak comes close to death again and miraculously survives.

I will find it interesting if Gildartz leads the guild. Laxus goes through some development with the loss of his grandpa, and plays a major roll when its time to meet his pops.

miramira
February 06, 2011, 08:21 AM
Gildarts is an awesome mage but I don't see him as a potential next master... I don't really know why, I know he's well respected within the guild and he's obviously really strong, and he did great "teaching" Natsu about fear. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of his characteristics.

I think as far as every FT mage is concerned Laxus (despite being "disowned" by his gramps) is still very much considered for that position. Personally I don't want him to be. Unless it would be so far from this point and he goes through some major character development.. well, we'll see.

I see Erza, Mira and Kana as very capable of being master of the guild. All three shows good command over the other mages especially during crisis. All three are trusted by Makarov. I wouldn't mind to see any one of them leading in case Laxus won't. But I doubt any of them three are considering or even hoping for that position. (Plus it may be that Mira's gone for good... but let's not go there.)

Gray and Natsu? I don't even want to imagine it. No offense, but I don't really think so. D:

Jorge D. Dragon
February 06, 2011, 01:01 PM
In fact for now we don't know Gildartz power, but I'd say that he isn't at Makarov's level, but of course when Makarov got Fairy Tail he wasn't at his actual level too, so maybe in ten or 15 years Guildartz will reach Makarov's level, though maybe Luxus will show better growth rate and become new Master. In fact I do think that Luxus would be the best candidate, cause of course he was wild, he was dumb in his way of acting, but deep inside he cared for his guild and his guildmates, cause his Fairy Law didn't kill anyone. I think after this journey he will mature as a man (it is the most important thing for him now) and also will improve his magic skills.:) Later with the help of Makarov he can really become a powerful mage and be a good Master.:)

Thorvardur
February 19, 2011, 04:38 PM
I would love that Gildartz would be the next master, he's wise and really powerfull but I think that Luxus is the person that will become the next master because he's Makarov's grandson and also he's one of the most powerful mages in the guild. he doesn't lack discipline nor leadership. only caring for others.

Finale
February 19, 2011, 06:16 PM
I'm thinking some retired or semi-retired old friend of Makarov's will come back to serve as master if Gildartz doesnt take it. But really I dont see any real reason Gildartz doesnt take the position unless we are introduced to a whole new character.

Nonlife
February 28, 2011, 03:40 PM
I'm certain Luxus will fill the position. Then again, I thought Makaraov ACTUALLY died in that chapter. (He could always step down and help Luxus out with his wisdom/experience.)

MrEspel
April 12, 2011, 09:19 PM
Makarov Will Stay till the end- Yes he will stay to the end..of his life.

Someone from Magic Council - The council doesn't really mix with Fairy Tail.

Gildarts - He likes to day dream to much.

Luxus- Yes this is the perfect candidate, its almost 100% sure this will be, if not then Laxus would have no point to be in the manga.

Erza - I dont think she would want this.

Mirajane -Nah, she might be authoritative in Satan Soul but normally she wouldn't be capable of running a guild.

Someone From Magic Saint- This isnt really and organization is a title bestowed to those who are worthy.

Kana- Nope

Natsu -HahahaHahaha

Gray- As if.

White Silver King
April 13, 2011, 07:30 PM
Mirajane -Nah, she might be authoritative in Satan Soul but normally she wouldn't be capable of running a guild.

She runs the guild now. Makarov sits on his ass at the bar all day making jokes. The only thing that weighs her down is that she's not the strongest person in the guild.

Luxus- Yes this is the perfect candidate, its almost 100% sure this will be, if not then Laxus would have no point to be in the manga.

I'm sure it will happen but I just don't get it. He wanted to kill everyone in Fairy Tail and Magnolia Town.

Gildarts - He likes to day dream to much.

My money is on him. There's a reason he was introduced.

MrEspel
April 13, 2011, 09:43 PM
She runs the guild now. Makarov sits on his ass at the bar all day making jokes. The only thing that weighs her down is that she's not the strongest person in the guild.

She might run the guild but thats not all theres to it, she must protect the guild and know how to control overactive guild members(Natsu) from breaking the rules.

I'm sure it will happen but I just don't get it. He wanted to kill everyone in Fairy Tail and Magnolia Town.

He will change, hes just confused right now.

My money is on him. There's a reason he was introduced. Gildarts is not really the run the guild type, he might be strong and authoritative but he lacks concentration and its too carefree

Mirajane cant protect the guild and cant control members like Natsu for doing stupid actions and breaking the rules, shes too nice.

Laxus will change, in his heart he cares deeply for the guild.

Gildarts is too carefree to run a clan there must be organization.

eefrit
April 13, 2011, 09:44 PM
I'm pretty damn sure it will be Luxus. 2 weeks of banishment should have be enough for him to learn his lesson. Seriously though, he is the 1# candidate. Either that or Marakov, Hades, random Council Mage, Blue Note for some odd reason, or Gildarts for the hell of it.

ca12nag3
April 14, 2011, 09:44 AM
lol considering Ivan has a lifetime ban and gramps was pretty clear on his banishment, something like, ill be looking out for you and untill we meet again. That doesnt sugest that Laxus would be back in a short while.

On the other hand if Makarov dies he could be the new guildleader but seriously only if he does some bad ass save guild members as a atonement.

Or else its like *oh im sorry i tried to kill yall, be friends now? sure no problem, and be our leader too!* < wich would be total lolz.

Also concider what Makarov himself said about the position of guild leader, he never narrowed it down to only family. He actualy named all the S class and their potential to be the next leader.But at the moment he ponderd over it they are not good enough in his eyes to take over from him.

The only one that talked about Laxus as heir was Mirajane but never Makarov himself.

And so far we know Makarov,Purito and Meavis are not related thrue blood.

White Silver King
April 14, 2011, 02:06 PM
Mirajane cant protect the guild and cant control members like Natsu for doing stupid actions and breaking the rules, shes too nice.

Like I said, the only thing Mira has against her is that she isn't number 1 in strength in the guild. She can still become "Demon" when the time calls for seriousness (see her encounter with Luxus) and she normally lets the stupid stuff go because it's not gonna hurt anyone (may I remind you Makarov encourages the "stupid stuff") but still isn't afraid to reprimand Natsu or anyone else.

LanceX
June 22, 2011, 07:31 PM
It will be Laxus, Hes the only one who can invoke Fairy Law that we know of. Also Why do you think Laxus felt Makarov reaching out to him? Laxus will kill Hades or Save Makarov.

In my opinion it can go to no other then Laxus, period. Anyone else wouldnt make sense.

Also I can see Fairy Tail third spell being a self sacrifice spell and Makarov could use it VS Hades to save people or even Laxus himself while entrusting Laxus the guild.

Epic_Rider
June 22, 2011, 09:49 PM
Laxus was kicked out for a reason, you know. Just because Makarov wanted to pass his will onto him doesn't make him the next Master automatically. He would have to accomplish quite some feat just to get back into the guild, and with his record plus the fact that there's someone like Gildartz around, his chances are pretty slim.

Maybe sometime in the far future, but not anytime soon.

LanceX
June 22, 2011, 11:44 PM
Laxus was kicked out for a reason, you know. Just because Makarov wanted to pass his will onto him doesn't make him the next Master automatically. He would have to accomplish quite some feat just to get back into the guild, and with his record plus the fact that there's someone like Gildartz around, his chances are pretty slim.

Maybe sometime in the far future, but not anytime soon.

you forget that fairy tail forgives anyone IE Gajeel. He will be the new master

Ifrit
June 23, 2011, 01:08 AM
As much as I Like to see Luxus/Laxus back but I vote for Gildartz.

Edit : What about PORISIKA ? That weird lady who hate humans. She used to be Makarov friend and one of his teammate.

White Silver King
June 23, 2011, 10:08 AM
You just stated exactly why Porisika won't be the new Master lol. But I'd like it if she did, anyone is better than Luxus.

ErosVp
June 23, 2011, 12:22 PM
Ever since Luxus regreted what he did, and it was explained that he don't see anyone of FT as enemies, I think he is the one who will be the next master! He even has the Fairy Law, that is the trademark magic of the guild....

Epic_Rider
June 24, 2011, 09:14 AM
you forget that fairy tail forgives anyone IE Gajeel. He will be the new master

What sort of logic is this? Gajeel was an enemy who was following orders even if he liked it. Lxus was the master's grandson, not to mention an S-class member of the guild who tried a coup.

Not only did he nearly killed Natsu, and almost destroyed the town, for nothing else other than his pride. I'm not saying that it's impossible for him to be readmitted, but even if he did get back in, with that record and a senior member like Gildartz around, he won't be master anytime soon.

Come to think of it, Laxus coming back would mean he actually had to come back to Magnolia. Considering what he did, and his personality, it wouldn't surprise me if Laxus was as far away from Magnolia and Fiore Kingdom as possible, like another continent or the other side of the world.

ErosVp
June 24, 2011, 10:15 AM
Luxus is serious and responsible. If there is an arc with him in the future, or if FT needs him and he comes, he will be surely reintegrated to the guild! The guild already forgave him as we could see in the end of that arc, and they probably miss him.

Gildartz is someone we can count during fights, but he is a bit lazy and clumsy. His personality doesn't fit to be a master, even if he is obviosly the strongest there....

According to the poll, most people votes for Luxus.

Leonsagara
June 24, 2011, 04:55 PM
I think it will probably be either Erza or Luxus, should Makarov die. Gildartz is gone too much to be a viable candidate. I'd lean toward Erza, but the fact that she is a main character is a strong point against her becoming the guildmaster. Luxus also doesn't seem too likely because of his actions and banishment. In the end, I voted for Erza.

White Silver King
June 25, 2011, 01:43 PM
According to the poll, most people votes for Luxus.

That many people didn't vote for Luxus because they think he'll make a good master. They voted for him because, knowing FTs love-dovey nakama bullshit and Makarov passing his "will" to Luxus, it's most likely he'll be made master regardless of his ability.

Luxus is serious and responsible.
Are you on crack?

The guild already forgave him as we could see in the end of that arc, and they probably miss him.
I didn't see any forgiveness. If he had been forgiven, he'd be in the guild. And nobody liked Luxus to begin with and never missed him when he was away on missions, so I doubt anyone misses him now.

Nonlife
July 01, 2011, 12:01 AM
That many people didn't vote for Luxus because they think he'll make a good master. They voted for him because, knowing FTs love-dovey nakama bullshit and Makarov passing his "will" to Luxus, it's most likely he'll be made master regardless of his ability.

1.To be honest, I would have liked seeing Luxus prove himself worthy of his "newfound" title. (I'm a big fan of characters seeking to redeem themselves.) Now it all seems rather pointless b/c I really thought Makarov had kicked the bucket. (I'm really tired of Hiro misleading us with these "close calls of death". In fact, I really wanted to see Fairy Tail CRUSHED for once; this whole arc has been one great big letdown.)

2. It may have been all for the wrong reason, but Luxus was serious about restoring glory to Fairy Tail after hearing how it "blemished its image" while he was away.

3. He struck me as the typical "older brother" who put on a big show of bravado b/c he's in the "big leagues." Besides, if they truly resented Luxus, they wouldn't have given him such a nice sendoff. (I mean, aren't you contradicting yourself when you stated Fairy Tail's all about its "lovey-dovey nakama bullshit"?)

ShoobyDooBop
July 01, 2011, 06:16 AM
I didn't see any forgiveness. If he had been forgiven, he'd be in the guild. And nobody liked Luxus to begin with and never missed him when he was away on missions, so I doubt anyone misses him now.

Those three misses him. His personal bodyguards.

Epic_Rider
July 01, 2011, 03:10 PM
Those three misses him. His personal bodyguards.

Yes, three people miss him. An any case, just because they gave him a little send off doesn't mean they've forgiven him yet. I'm sure they would, if he did something really good, but even with that, with his record, they won't let him be master anytime soon

LanceX
July 07, 2011, 06:00 PM
Yes, three people miss him. An any case, just because they gave him a little send off doesn't mean they've forgiven him yet. I'm sure they would, if he did something really good, but even with that, with his record, they won't let him be master anytime soon

If Makarov says Laxus is his heir, they will let him be master, period.

ca12nag3
July 08, 2011, 05:07 AM
If Makarov says Laxus is his heir, they will let him be master, period.

Heir to what? Where does it state that Heir equals Guild Master? Mavis, Hades and Makarov arnt related at all so its not hereditary. Laxus has no claim to being the Guild master. Another point is acceptance, its not like people would just accept anyone to lead them. Leadership is given not taken for granted.
And btw its not Makarov that says he is his heir, in fact Makarov thought about all the S-class when considering retirement.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Oh and another thing, because 75 die-hard fans of Laxus vote for him on the MH forum doesnt mean that the other 100.000s of fans worldwide think the same.

Kazu-Sama
July 08, 2011, 05:50 AM
Not a die-hard Luxus fan. Not even close. But with Fairy Tail's 'Family/Friends are UBERPOWERFUL' crap, it's gunna be Luxus. I know that realistically, everybody would hate him. But if we're looking at reality here, then I have to point out we've got a guy who eats fire,a guy who eats metal, a guy who spent years training in freezing conditions wearing nothing but a pair of boxers and didn't get hypothermia...

ErosVp
July 25, 2011, 03:03 PM
Hades stated this last chapter: Marvis passed his will to Purehito, Purehito passed his will to Makarov... and it was already clear but the last page of the chapter proved once again, Luxus is the one who inherit MAkarovs will/spirit.

Mashima really like spoilers.... :S

TemplateR
July 26, 2011, 06:25 AM
Makarov will stay at the moment, because he is not dead yet. And he will continue being a master of fairy tail until he die.

Quantized
July 26, 2011, 08:48 PM
A third option would be to have Gramps stay but hand out some of the responsibility to Laxus.. Remember the Guild will probably be in war now that Zeref seemingly is about to completely awaken...

Imagine all the guilds he will turn to dark guilds, and now many he will take under his command?

I certainly believe there is going to be war, and Laxus is much needed here at the front line where gramps body can't keep up.

But it wont happen right away, while Zeref gather forces, we'll probably see Fairy Tail missions on trying to reduce Zeref's forces... real bad ass missions, followed by a bad ass magic war!

I'm not a big fan of fighting and wars, but tbh, it would be an interesting turnout for the Fairy Tail plot twist.

Kugo Ginjo
August 16, 2011, 04:49 AM
I'd say Laxus

He's the third strongest mage after Makarov and Gildartz, he's part of the "new" generation in Fairy Tail, has good leadership skils (just look at the Raijinshuu) and he was the one that inherited Makarov's will

The other possible candidates are Gildartz and Erza, but Gildartz is a bit too carefree and Erza is too strict

Finale
August 27, 2011, 06:04 PM
I was hoping Gildartz would take over and Luxus or Erza goes elsewhere to open up a new Fairy Tail subdivsion. That would allow other mages to gain leadership experience without having the full weight of the whole guild on them.

Storm King
August 29, 2011, 05:41 AM
I want to choose Lucy because she's smart,clever,strong,kind and SUPER CUTE,but too bad she's not in the list.

Vengeance
October 02, 2011, 11:29 AM
Macao Conbolt, Shitou Yajima, or Porlyusica.

Quantized
October 02, 2011, 12:27 PM
Seems like the new master of Fairy Tail could be nominated off panel during this 7 year time skip among the missing members.
If they're alive somewhere in the time skip, then I could see Marakov pass on his knowledge to Laxus, basically making Laxus a very powerful mage in Fairy Tail only matched to possibly the future Natsu.

This time skip really puzzles me, will they be consious during these 7 years..? or did the flow of time stop for them...? It's hard to imagine Natsu 7 years older.. But it'd be great way to speed up a new Fairy Tail Master, especially with all the foreshadowing that Marakov will step down eventually.

ErosVp
October 02, 2011, 12:36 PM
I think Laxus and Natsu will the ones with the most grown, but Makarov will still be the master for a while until Laxus reintegrates himself well with the others members of FT....

Macao should've been the temporary master during these seven years.

kkck
October 07, 2011, 10:32 AM
Given that gildarts, makarov and every other S-class mage disappeared I think the new master (if any) will be macau. He is reasonably powerful (not makarov or gildarts powerful but he did take 19 of those monkey things when natsu and co had trouble with one) and he is the most senior member of the guild. Personally I think the guild closed over this seven years and the tatoo on the kid from the future is mostly simbolic. Fairy tail involved in a battle against a dark guild (the council was not happy about them taking out oracion 6 either), they were related to the return of zeref and were involved in the battle against a dragon of apocalypse. I don't think the council will be so happy to keep that guild functioning.

rosco12
October 07, 2011, 12:13 PM
mest will come back claim he managed to survive by teleporting away. He'll become the new master, that way the council will get control of fairy tail. And yes I am aware that once someone discovered that Mest wasn t a member of fairy tail every one was freed from the spell, but I think only those on Tenrou Island were affected the others might not, or the council might cast the same spell once again.

zelllogan
October 15, 2011, 12:15 PM
So, the correct answer was Macao. Thread can be closed :D

Ifrit
October 15, 2011, 03:04 PM
So, the correct answer was Macao. Thread can be closed :D

Not really I think he must step down...I don't think Makarov will give the lead to Gildartz or Laxus..

It will be Makarov I say..

Newkerzy
October 23, 2011, 01:46 AM
I don't mind Macao being the new master, as long as he's got Gildartz by his side as a right hand man, he should be fine. He's also more level-headed compared to the others.

ErosVp
October 23, 2011, 05:37 AM
It would be like a mutt having a lion as right hand man! Am I the only one who is extremely annoyed with Macao staying the master? The fourth fairy tail master?! He is not worth of that, since FT won't be a shitty guild anymore and it will go back being what it was, then they deserve more....

Quantized
October 23, 2011, 12:56 PM
I don't mind Macao being the new master, as long as he's got Gildartz by his side as a right hand man, he should be fine. He's also more level-headed compared to the others.

Macao might indeed be a good organizer, lets see what it brings, he's certainly not powerful enough to protect the Guild alone.
What made me think "AWESOME SAUCE" instantly when I saw Marakov say he should keep it for a "while" is that I really want to see Marakov join in on some missions, and he'll probably need to, if they need to bring the guild back up, they need to re-build everything, and for that, money and reputation is required.
So Macao sitting in the guild organizing the home base would be quite fitting, Marakov, Guildartz, Natsu and everyone else has to go out and bring back Fairy Tails reputation, so that they can get prober mission request and prober money rewards once again.

Afterall, without reputation, they're not getting anything. Marakov is perfect for that.. :tem

Newkerzy
October 24, 2011, 02:51 AM
Agreed. Macao is also level-headed to some degree compared to the other FT members. The way Macao refused to get involved in a conflict with other Guilds shows he has some nerves of steel and patience. He already knew that FT was already in enough trouble as it is, he didn't need anymore problems coming their way for the sake of the main members. The faith Macao had in the main members was unmovable.

Even if the Guild's reputation will be brought down to a weakling-level guild, he didn't mind swallowing that bitter pill of humiliation as long as there was a home that the main members could come back to. It takes a great leadership ability to be able to endure something like that. So, in other words, just like Makarov has his own leadership ability, Macao also has his own way of leadership.

As for Makarov, I don't think he'll be going out on missions. But he will be focusing his remaining spirit and energy on his 10 Holy Mages duties. With Zeref out there and 2 great dark guilds left, Makarov will pretty much have his hands full. In fact, I think this is something Makarov has been waiting for. Since in the past, Makarov has always been wanting to deal with his son but his Guild Master duties prevented him from making a move. Now that Macao is the master, Makarov can do what he's been wanting to do all along.

Topman
November 03, 2011, 08:47 AM
Anyway it will probably be sometime before fairytail take any action, since that council will probably be still pissed with them.

I hope we get to see what the other top have been doing about the dark guilds within the past seven years if they have done anything.

Newkerzy
November 06, 2011, 11:56 PM
Am I the only one that wished Macao was also there with Gildartz and Makarov to see Lumen Etoile?? it would've been nice, IMO because that would give a bit of development for Macao. It's a bit of a shame that his character development got wasted. I think a nice alternative would be them both seeing it and Makarov naming them both as his successors together. Thus, making them co-Masters of the guild. It'd make FT even more unique as a guild because they'd both be the first and only guild to have two Masters at the same time.

Although, to the rest of the guild, Gildartz would be the "main" and Macao would be the "second" :P