PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Who will take out the admirals?

Dark God Zeus
December 28, 2010, 03:10 PM
the three admirals, three people who wield incredibly destructive logias, and are proven warriors, with large amounts of experience in the Navy. Each has been, at one point, at least semi antagonistic to the strawhats.

Aokiji- Threatened Robin, and almost took her life. Other than that, he's been a pretty chill guy.

Kizaru- he is closer to the belief of absolute justice, and believes "once a pirate, always a pirate". If it weren't for Kuma, the strawhats would have been decimated at Shabondy archipelago.

Akainu- clearly the most volatile admiral, Akainu is mostly responsible for the death of Whitebeard (Blackbeard pirates may have gotten the winning blow, but Akainu took off half of his freaking head, and did serious physical and morale damage). In addition, he killed Ace, almost killed Luffy, and injured an insane number of people.

So, I think it's at least fairly clear that the three admirals, even the lazy justice Aokiji, will have to be taken out, the queston is by who?

Mad Wanze
December 28, 2010, 08:11 PM
Akainu will definitely be taken out by Luffy, for obvious reasons. Sanji's new speed will be needed to face Kizaru, and they both have kick as main attack. We've seen that Aokiji often uses an ice sword (well, kizaru too used a light sword once against Rayleigh, but he kicks for the most) so Zoro could be his opponent, expecially if he finds the "fire sword" he dreams of. I hope that near the end of One piece we'll see another great battle like the one we had in Marineford. Strawhats (and allies) against marines

Ashura_Ichibugin
December 29, 2010, 06:23 AM
The obvious choice is Luffy will take out Akainu, Zoro will take out Aokiji and Sanji will take out Kizaru. I voted for "The monster trio will each take one" but we know Oda never goes with the obvious, so it will probably be something else.

I also think Kizaru and especially Aokiji may remain unbeaten. Akainu will surely be beaten by Luffy.

Dekker
December 29, 2010, 07:27 AM
Uff Im not so sure if each individual of the monster trio will be strong enough to fight an admiral and beat them. Fight with them without getting totaly obliterated ok, but not win. Luffy will probably be the only one to actually beat an admiral out of the shs. Or Usopp with some incredible luck will maybe take one down ( his clumsieness is what Im talking about).
You all have to remember that even Whitebeard could not beat an Admiral that easy. And I doubt it was any different in his prime. He was probably strong enough to take them out, but I highly doubt they wouldve went down that easily.
And i have serious duobts that all in the monster trio will be that strong.

Im going with this: One will be brought down by Luffy (probably Akainu) and one will be killed by Blackbeard and his crew.

Mad Wanze
December 29, 2010, 12:03 PM
Uff Im not so sure if each individual of the monster trio will be strong enough to fight an admiral and beat them. Fight with them without getting totaly obliterated ok, but not win. Luffy will probably be the only one to actually beat an admiral out of the shs. Or Usopp with some incredible luck will maybe take one down ( his clumsieness is what Im talking about).
You all have to remember that even Whitebeard could not beat an Admiral that easy. And I doubt it was any different in his prime. He was probably strong enough to take them out, but I highly doubt they wouldve went down that easily.
And i have serious duobts that all in the monster trio will be that strong.

Im going with this: One will be brought down by Luffy (probably Akainu) and one will be killed by Blackbeard and his crew.

Zoro in the end of the saga will probably be Admiral level, since he is the first mate of the future PK. Rayleigh was able to hold Kizaru and he is like 98, Whitebeard, who was 96, in a one on one battle against an admiral would have made some meatball of his opponent. And Sanji, so far, is just a little step behind Zoro, so he'll have to be able to beat an admiral too. After a hard struggle, obviously, but since the strawhat crew is so small, the members will have to be super-strong if they want to be the kings

Dekker
December 29, 2010, 12:28 PM
Zoro in the end of the saga will probably be Admiral level, since he is the first mate of the future PK. Rayleigh was able to hold Kizaru and he is like 98, Whitebeard, who was 96, in a one on one battle against an admiral would have made some meatball of his opponent. And Sanji, so far, is just a little step behind Zoro, so he'll have to be able to beat an admiral too. After a hard struggle, obviously, but since the strawhat crew is so small, the members will have to be super-strong if they want to be the kings

Dude, dont make numbers up. Whitebeared was 72 (it was said in chapter 577 Page 4), not 96? Same goes for Reyleigh beeing around 70 or so, but definitly not 98...
Also, as you said it, Rayleigh is a legend, even garp Acknowledges that, but all Rayleigh could do was distract Kizaru so he could not follow Luffy and co. But with the time, he would inevitably lose to Kizaru. (And I doubt he was holding checkmate with Kazaru much longer then until the Strawhats were thrown away from Shabody.)

Yes the strawhats need to be strong, just like Shanks crew that is rather small when compared to Whitebeards.

Mad Wanze
December 29, 2010, 12:55 PM
Dude, dont make numbers up. Whitebeared was 72 (it was said in chapter 577 Page 4), not 96? Same goes for Reyleigh beeing around 70 or so, but definitly not 98...
Also, as you said it, Rayleigh is a legend, even garp Acknowledges that, but all Rayleigh could do was distract Kizaru so he could not follow Luffy and co. But with the time, he would inevitably lose to Kizaru. (And I doubt he was holding checkmate with Kazaru much longer then until the Strawhats were thrown away from Shabody.)

Yes the strawhats need to be strong, just like Shanks crew that is rather small when compared to Whitebeards.

Dude, i was just kidding. i meant they were both very old but they are still super strong, and in their prime they would have definitely destroyed an admiral ( Withebeard, with half of his face off, stabbed 500 times and cannoned 200 times was still kickin akainu's ass, imagine a young whitebeard let alone with him in a room, and Luffy will become stronger then Whitebeard). Marco is absolutely as strong as an admiral, and had his problems when he was distracted and a va put him kairouseki handcuffs. Even Ben Beckmann was seriously intimidating Kizaru at the end of the war. It would be so disappointing if Zoro and Sanji wouldn't be Beckmann or marco level, in my opinion

Haynes
December 29, 2010, 02:40 PM
It all depends on two things.
1. Who the new Fleet Admiral is.
2. If Admiral is a 3 person position.

If the Admiral position is a 3 person position then the monstous trio will take them out.

If the Admiral is a 3 person position and a current Admiral (Aokiji, Akainu, Kizaru) is promoted to Fleet Admiral than it will either be a group effort on the new guy or the fourth strongest Straw Hat.

If someone who really isn't a fighter is promoted to Fleet Admiral (example: Tsuru), then that keeps the trio.

Currently I'm leaning towards,
Luffy vs. Akainu
Zoro vs. Aokiji
Sanji vs. Kizaru

Thus the monstrous trio. However I voted other because it could go either way.

Soka
December 29, 2010, 07:26 PM
Luffy vs. Akainu
Zoro vs. Aokiji
Sanji vs. Kizaru

I'd love that.
Zorro cutting massive ice blocks and Sanji at Dragonball speed

BlackHair
December 30, 2010, 02:33 PM
If the definition for "going down" means "death", then I don't think all the Admirals will go down, even if - I hardly think only by the SH group.

But let's say the Admirals face the SHs one by one, then I imagine them going down by a group effort or by Luffy himself. However if the three Admirals (I can't see this happening at all) will face the SHs at once, then as posted already Luffy -> Akainu, Zoro -> AoKiji and Sanji -> Kizaru. But honestly I can't see this happening.

Anyway, I voted for "other".

Haynes
December 30, 2010, 05:42 PM
Going down doesn't necessarily mean death. Well....maybe for Akainu. But this is One Piece we're talking about, major people have a habit of being KO'ed instead of killed.

Dekker
December 30, 2010, 06:08 PM
Going down doesn't necessarily mean death. Well....maybe for Akainu. But this is One Piece we're talking about, major people have a habit of being KO'ed instead of killed.

Like Ace and Whitebeared :D

RezzieThaRapper
December 30, 2010, 06:39 PM
No he means people like Crocodile, Lucci, Arlong, Kuro, Eneru, & Moria who all do despicable things that are border line sick and psychopathetic (yea I know what I spelled)

They walk away with a bruised body and conscience while the people they've wronged rot in the grave

Kuro has killed
Arlong has killed
Eneru played god and killed masses with his judgement
Lucci (while my favorite bad guy) is a horrible killer who (formally) worked for Dark Justice

Luffy needs to put some bad puppies down if you catch my drift

-- But I am sure that Akainu won't be killed -- he'll be beaten to crap but not killed

Luffy will crush Akainu eventually

the other two I'm not sure about...

kkck
December 30, 2010, 06:47 PM
The only one I am positive is that zoro will take on kizaru. Kizaru is the closest thing among the admirals to a swordsman based on his fight against Rayleigh. Not sure about luffy/sanji and aokiji/akainu though. Aokiji would be a good match for sanji's diable jambe but in turn aokiji was kinda the first admiral introduced, played a big role in robin's life and has been called the strongest of the admirals so perhaps it would be appropriate for luffy to beat him. Luffy has nothing but reasons to beat up akainu (technically only the ace thing though) but in turn it would be interesting to see sanji outheating akainu lol. I guess the most plausible matchups would be:
1.- luffy vs akainu
2.- Zoro vs Kizaru
3.- Sanji vs Aokiji

zelllogan
December 31, 2010, 07:03 AM
The only one I am positive is that zoro will take on kizaru. Kizaru is the closest thing among the admirals to a swordsman based on his fight against Rayleigh. Not sure about luffy/sanji and aokiji/akainu though. Aokiji would be a good match for sanji's diable jambe but in turn aokiji was kinda the first admiral introduced, played a big role in robin's life and has been called the strongest of the admirals so perhaps it would be appropriate for luffy to beat him. Luffy has nothing but reasons to beat up akainu (technically only the ace thing though) but in turn it would be interesting to see sanji outheating akainu lol. I guess the most plausible matchups would be:
1.- luffy vs akainu
2.- Zoro vs Kizaru
3.- Sanji vs Aokiji
Aokiji had a ice sword as well ... So Kizaru is not more of a swordman than Aokiji. Plus, I think Sanji's blue walk is a perfect match for kizaru's lightning speed.

Haynes
December 31, 2010, 02:24 PM
Sanji fighting style is all about the kick. While Kizaru is not limited to kicks, his kicks have been more prominently shown.

Naruffy
December 31, 2010, 03:28 PM
The whole aspect of a 3 on 3 would make the Monster Trio vs The Admirals an awesome fight. If it does happen it's still a long way away. I agree with Sanji Vs. Kizaru, Zoro Vs. Aokiji and Luffy vs Akainu. These fights would easily be Whitebeard level epic if they occur close to the end of the series.

matzik1212
January 01, 2011, 04:28 AM
i voted the monster trio:XD 'cause hell yeah i think they can after they gain some experience in the NW and i also agree that luffy will surely fight akainu...i mean the guy is responsible for ace's death and like we all saw he suffered a lot after this incident so i can't wait to see how luffy will react when he will meet him...akainu deserves a painful death and i'm positive he will be one of the 2 people who luffy will for sure kill not just defeat and that's it like we saw until now...the other one of course will be BB the bastard that is the most guilty in all this story....
as for the other 2 admirals i think kizaru will be defeted by zoro..payback time baby:XD and i don't know but i just can't hate aokiji...IMO he's not a bad guy he already proved that after the enies lobby arc when he once again backed off on capturing robin so i just can't see him as an enemy n_n

frontaLobotomy
January 01, 2011, 05:39 AM
I think that it'll take the whole crew to down Aokiji, if he turns out to be Fleet Admiral. The 3 Admirals going against the monster trio seems pretty plausible, it depends on how and when these fights happen.

If the Straw Hat Pirates fight them any time before getting to Raftel, I reckon they still won't be able to fully defeat them. It'll be a case of beating them enough so that they can't chase after them. Especially if it's against all 3 of them. If it's against one Admiral, it'll always be Luffy that fights them, as he's the captain.

Dark God Zeus
January 01, 2011, 12:03 PM
I wish I noted that "other" could mean a combination of the above people, or not being defeated (incapacitated or dead) at all. Another situation I was thinking would be Mihawk sacrificing his shichibukai status to help the Strawhats escape from a tough situation, because he really wants to fight Zoro/says something to one of the admirals like "Don't touch my student, k?". Or Boa Hancock fights to protect Luffy.

And I'll be honest, I did forget about Dragon and the Revolutionary Army.

Haynes
January 02, 2011, 10:33 AM
I wish I noted that "other" could mean a combination of the above people, or not being defeated (incapacitated or dead) at all. Another situation I was thinking would be Mihawk sacrificing his shichibukai status to help the Strawhats escape from a tough situation, because he really wants to fight Zoro/says something to one of the admirals like "Don't touch my student, k?". Or Boa Hancock fights to protect Luffy.

And I'll be honest, I did forget about Dragon and the Revolutionary Army.

You think Mihawk and Hancock would fight the Admiral(s) on behalf of the Straw Hats? Granted given the chance Hancock would for Luffy.

kronoman4
January 02, 2011, 06:12 PM
While everyone is debating on whether or not the Trio will take the admirals out. Has nobody thought about Luffy and some other captains from the NW might take them on? Like the top 2 captains of the NW and Luffy. Or possibly Luffy and some of WB's commanders? I think we should throw all this into the mix of who will take out the admirals.

Haynes
January 02, 2011, 07:07 PM
While everyone is debating on whether or not the Trio will take the admirals out. Has nobody thought about Luffy and some other captains from the NW might take them on? Like the top 2 captains of the NW and Luffy. Or possibly Luffy and some of WB's commanders? I think we should throw all this into the mix of who will take out the admirals.

Well the New World Captains allied with Whitebeard didn't seem to be capable of taking out an Admiral, granted we really didn't seem the fight much if at all. Maybe a Yonkou teaming up with the Straw Hats for an assault or something, sounds plausible in the fact that they are even if not more than a match for a one on one with an Admiral.

bittman
January 03, 2011, 05:05 AM
Just to quickly wade into this discussion with 2 points you should consider in this thread:

Just because there are 3 admirals (4 if you include fleet) doesn't mean they all need to be defeated. Predicting things will play out this way would be like predicting that all 7 Shichibukai were going to be defeated by a Strawhat. Hancock and Jimbei would like a word with you.
I voted other because what I expect is that Luffy will only 1-1 defeat one of the 3 admirals (or fleet admiral) . Other 3 might be taken out by randoms, or 1 might be just defeated by a crapton of them.

Unrelated to actual points, I think if Sanji or Zoro defeated an admiral that would basically mean that the admirals are useless hacks. Remember, even after Luffy beat people like Lucchi and Enel, there's no guarentee he could do it again even 50% of the time.

You don't need to defeat someone to surpass them, and you don't need to be leagues above someone to defeat them. No offence to Sanji, but if he can defeat an admiral then Luffy is leagues ahead of the admirals.

zelllogan
January 03, 2011, 04:12 PM
Bittman > Sanji & Zoro are roughly the same level. Sanji is underrated while Zoro is victim of fanboyism. So, your final sentence is pissing me off a bit. No offence to Sanji ... why not "no offence to Zoro" ...

The douriki's level of the monster trio's opponents gives an idea of their level. Luffy is way better than both Sanji & zoro. And sanji & zoro are close.

When the manga will end, I believe that Luffy will be stronger than all three admirals. And it wouldn't be so farfetched to see Sanji & Zoro becoming as strong as admirals. After all, Dark King Ray is not the captain & he is admiral's level ....

chess4
January 03, 2011, 05:38 PM
i dnt think that aokiji will be taken out. he is kinda like a good guy.

Naruffy
January 03, 2011, 09:11 PM
Just to quickly wade into this discussion with 2 points you should consider in this thread:

Just because there are 3 admirals (4 if you include fleet) doesn't mean they all need to be defeated. Predicting things will play out this way would be like predicting that all 7 Shichibukai were going to be defeated by a Strawhat. Hancock and Jimbei would like a word with you.
I voted other because what I expect is that Luffy will only 1-1 defeat one of the 3 admirals (or fleet admiral) . Other 3 might be taken out by randoms, or 1 might be just defeated by a crapton of them.

Unrelated to actual points, I think if Sanji or Zoro defeated an admiral that would basically mean that the admirals are useless hacks. Remember, even after Luffy beat people like Lucchi and Enel, there's no guarentee he could do it again even 50% of the time.

You don't need to defeat someone to surpass them, and you don't need to be leagues above someone to defeat them. No offence to Sanji, but if he can defeat an admiral then Luffy is leagues ahead of the admirals.

I don't see how you think that the admirals losing to Sanji or Zoro would make the admirals useless (other than the fact that they would have failed to carry out their job, but this applies to them losing to anyone.) It seems to me like your saying Zoro and Sanji shouldn't get to the level where they can fight/beat the admirals. Them being at the level of the admirals would be no different than Marco and Jozu being at their level. Aside from this, I'm not saying that the monster trio will take out the admirals, I just think the whole aspect of a 3 on 3 would be cool.

Freid
January 03, 2011, 11:23 PM
Logically a 3 on 3 battle most likely would not take place in their first encounter. All three admirals are basically the same strength whilst the monster trio are not; so when Luffy reaches the level capable of defeating an Admiral, neither Zoro or Sanji would be able to do so. When Zoro and Sanji eventually become capable of taking on an admiral, they probably won't be made to defeat one to show it. Defeating an admiral an arc later after Luffy has done so would serve no purpose. The most likely event would be that some time after Luffy has defeated an admiral, when they are also that strong, they will instead be shown holding them off confidently like how Marco and Jozu were able to do so. This is also the reason why Akainu has been established as the clear villain of the three and the one most deserving of the role of admiral to be knocked out. I doubt Kizaru and Aokiji would suffer the same fate as their colleague who seems to be destined for defeat. They also hardly seem to emit a villain type aura. Simply put, an admiral is merely an obstacle that needs to be overcome and Akainu is playing that role.

natli
January 04, 2011, 05:22 AM
Assuming all 3 Admirals and the Fleet Admiral get taken out (killed or defeated), we have to consider who are their strongest enemies: Yonkou and the rest of pirate elite, Revolutionary Army, Blackbeard and SH (in the near future).

I agree Akainu is an opponent for Luffy, because he has to avenge Ace.
Aokiji is the 'good' Admiral, so I predict a nasty opponent for him, like Blackbeard. And I think Aokiji will survive, because he's the best candidate to rebuild the Marines, after the old world order falls.
Kizaru is a tricky one. I don't think that Sanji or any opponent relying on speed can touch him, unless they'll warp the time-space continuum (speed of light and all that :P). I think he'll fight Dragon, just because.

Anduren
January 04, 2011, 08:42 AM
So far, the only time we have seen ANYone die in One Piece was during the war on the summit (and flashbacks). Even there, a lot of the people involved that should have died, didn't. We also know that most of the "villains" in the past didn't get taken out permenantly. And taking the Admirals out would damage the One Piece world's structure in a way that cannot be repaired (unless you're talking about taking them out to dinner or something). What I'm getting at is, even if the marine admirals get defeated, they will most likely not be out of the picture for long (kind of like Moria) and will probably not lose their position.

That said, even though we have seen instances where Admirals go off on their own (like Aokiji before Water 7 and Kizaru during the Tenryubito incident), I don't see them being taken out one at a time individually but during the final war that Whitebeard spoke of before his death. And for this war I do expect the Revolutionaries and at least one other Yonkou to be involved (Shanks and possibly Big Mum). Blackbeard would also be a wildcard in this situation and we do not know if Sengoku and Garp will come out of retirement for such an event (although I highly doubt it).

Honestly, I can't make any guesses on who might defeat them because the end is too far away, but I agree with most of the people who said Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji will probably not be the ones to do all the work. But the reason it could be anyone is because we don't know who in the New World we have yet to meet that have special abilities and are capable of using haki and to what extent because as Rayleigh showed us in Shabondy Archipelago, you don't need to be able to keep up with the speed of light to hold back and injure someone like Kizaru. And Jozu showed us during the war that you don't have to be a Yonkou to be able to make an admiral like Aokiji bleed.

Knowing Oda, the way the World Government and the marines go down will not be in a way many of us predict. For example:
In Skypea it was set up for Luffy to fight Enel, but how obvious was it that Zoro would fight Ohm and Braham and Sanji would be unconcious the whole time.
If Baroque Works weren't organized like the espada (ranked by strength) it wouldn't have been obvious that Zoro would fight Mr. 1 and Sanji would fight Mr. 2 because at least for Mr. 1, his abilities weren't revealed until the end. While Luffy was set up to fight Mr. 0 from the begining.
In Ennlies Lobby, if Fukurou didn't reveal the douriki rankings of the CP9 members it wouldn't have been obvious who Zoro and Sanji would end up fighting even though Luffy was set up to fight Lucci from the start.
etc....

scav
January 04, 2011, 12:40 PM
hum for me its
1-luffy vs akainu (he killed Ace and almost killed luffy)
2-zorro vs Kizaru (kizaru almost killed zorro at shabondy, zorro was his target and he can use a sword of light)
3-Sanji vs Aokiji (here i can't find a good reason. except sanji vs aokiji its gonna be fire vs ice and also Aokiji almost killed robin, sanji won't forget that)

But i think Akainu will die, but definitly not by luffy (luffy is not a killer,he will just beat Akainu).
Kizaru somehow he will be beaten and forced to quit the marine
Aokiji won't be defeated,and in the end i think he will help the SH.

zad67
January 04, 2011, 05:47 PM
I think luffy and zorro will take out a admiral but i cant see sanji taking one out.

P.S - To the guy whining about sanji being underrated its the complete opposite really you think the cook will be as strong as the first mate rofl.

bittman
January 04, 2011, 06:12 PM
Bittman > Sanji & Zoro are roughly the same level. Sanji is underrated while Zoro is victim of fanboyism. So, your final sentence is pissing me off a bit. No offence to Sanji ... why not "no offence to Zoro" ...

The douriki's level of the monster trio's opponents gives an idea of their level. Luffy is way better than both Sanji & zoro. And sanji & zoro are close.

When the manga will end, I believe that Luffy will be stronger than all three admirals. And it wouldn't be so farfetched to see Sanji & Zoro becoming as strong as admirals. After all, Dark King Ray is not the captain & he is admiral's level ....

It's nice to think of Zoro being Luffy's level, and that Sanji is at Zoro's level, but ever since Impel Down I can't help but believe that Luffy has pulled further ahead of his first mate. Beyond that, though Sanji is indeed powerful and a fitting member of the monster trio I still see him beneath Zoro if only based on the strength of their goal.

And I never said I didnt think Sanji or Zoro couldn't become admiral level, I just doubt they will defeat one. I'm also one of the people who believe Rayleigh is not admiral level, but jus beneath it, though primarily due to his age most likely. Rayleigh in his prime, yeah admiral level I suppose.

And as for Luffy being stronger than the admirals: Would you say Roger was stronger than all the marines he fought in his era? Is Roger, without a doubt, stronger than Garp? I doubt it. Given how it is described, Garp and Roger were almost equal in every respect. See, I don't know if we'll ever see Luffy "Stronger" than the admirals, but perhaps "as strong as". Mind you, I rate the admirals above Whitebeard, and I'm sure no-one agrees with me there.

I don't see how you think that the admirals losing to Sanji or Zoro would make the admirals useless (other than the fact that they would have failed to carry out their job, but this applies to them losing to anyone.) It seems to me like your saying Zoro and Sanji shouldn't get to the level where they can fight/beat the admirals. Them being at the level of the admirals would be no different than Marco and Jozu being at their level. Aside from this, I'm not saying that the monster trio will take out the admirals, I just think the whole aspect of a 3 on 3 would be cool.

Marco and Jozu are not admiral level. Being able to hold off an admiral and actually being at their level are two entirely different aspects. It would be like saying that that strange pasta chef from CP8 (was it 8? I forget) on the train is Sanji's level because he couldn't end their fight straight away.

I expect Sanji and Zoro to go beyond Marco and Jozu, but beyond admirals, hmmm.

And yeah, though a 3 on 3 would be cool it wouldn't happen. The 3 admirals being together for the WB War is probably a very very rare situation. And I doubt Oda would use all the good marines in one arc, let alone one fight, to leave the rest as vs pirates.

Dekker
January 04, 2011, 06:55 PM
And as for Luffy being stronger than the admirals: Would you say Roger was stronger than all the marines he fought in his era? Is Roger, without a doubt, stronger than Garp? I doubt it. Given how it is described, Garp and Roger were almost equal in every respect. See, I don't know if we'll ever see Luffy "Stronger" than the admirals, but perhaps "as strong as". Mind you, I rate the admirals above Whitebeard, and I'm sure no-one agrees with me there.

Nope, count me in on that. At least they seemed to be stronger in 1o1 Combat during the war. I doubt that they could touch Whtebeared in his Prime though

Freid
January 04, 2011, 08:18 PM
@Bittman. Luffy did not become a level stronger during the Impel down arc, did not do anything any more impressive than what he was already able to do previously and quite frankly showed nothing to say that he pulled away further from Zoro.

As far as we know, Garp was the 'one' marine able to corner Roger on multiple occasions hence his nickname, Garp the hero. I don't get how that is being used as evidence for saying Luffy may not be stronger than the admirals and could simply end up just 'as strong as'. We need to remember that the admirals are not the pinnacle of strength in government but are indeed amongst the strongest few. What seems to be the case is that admirals are simply the strongest people who are not in leadership like Sengoku and Kong. So basically they are the strongest - active people in the government which could be the reason why their rank seems to be most feared by pirates, and even most acknowledged. Even Coby's dream only reached up to an admiral. With that said, Luffy will probably reach the level of the stronger people in the Government and there is still the mystery behind the physical capabilities of the Gorousei. I think it is abit silly to consider the possibility of Luffy only reaching admiral level. The most likely thing to happen is that like what seems to have been the case with Roger, Luffy will also have that 'one' marine able to fight him equally and also corner him on multiple occasions.

There was no instance in the war where it was apparent that Marco and Jozu were not admiral level and in fact for all intent and purposes was quite the opposite. Although it's true that holding someone off does not necessarily mean one can ultimately defeat that same person, the manner in which they do so should give us an idea of what the mangaka is trying to convey. In this case, though Marco and Jozu holding off Kizaru and Ao Kiji in itself may not be enough to show that they are ultimately able to defeat them, the fact that Oda conveyed them doing so confidently, to me, showed that he intended on showing how the 1st and 3rd division commanders of a Yonkou crew are able to fight equally with admirals; not that they are merely able to hold them off for some time but still get beaten in the end. Moreover, if Oda wanted to show that Marco and Jozu were not on par with the admirals, he would not have made it so that they were only beaten due to the fact that they were distracted. I think we should remember that this is a manga and so nothing happens coincidentally unless its clear that is what the mangaka intended. The fact that the Yonkou crews have members capable of fighting equally with the marine's greatest powers is also part of the reason why it would be a travesty for the Government if two were to unite and fight against the them.

RezzieThaRapper
January 05, 2011, 12:37 AM
I wanna say that I think each of the monster trio will fight an admiral alone, but only Luffy will have a definite win, while any other in his crew will just be a significant other in a conflict like Marco or Jozu

JC123
January 05, 2011, 03:22 AM
Ok... Stop...

Seriously, WHY do we need someone to take out an Admiral? That makes damn near no sense. They are meant to protect Justice as they see fit. That doesn't mean that they're out to get any form of pirate that is in their way (with the exception of Akainu).

Personally, I don't see why the admirals have to be taken out. Garp wasn't and he's been on the job 20+ years. Yes, they have challenges, but the effects of an Admiral being taken down outside of a war such as with WB isn't likely to happen. There's too much going against those possibilities.

Still, I would bet that Luffy may take on Akainu later on, but perhaps he'll do more to protect himself, not necessarily fight no holds barred.

elitefox
January 05, 2011, 04:37 AM
It all depends on two things.
1. Who the new Fleet Admiral is.
2. If Admiral is a 3 person position.

If the Admiral position is a 3 person position then the monstous trio will take them out.

If the Admiral is a 3 person position and a current Admiral (Aokiji, Akainu, Kizaru) is promoted to Fleet Admiral than it will either be a group effort on the new guy or the fourth strongest Straw Hat.

If someone who really isn't a fighter is promoted to Fleet Admiral (example: Tsuru), then that keeps the trio.

Luffy vs. Akainu
Zoro vs. Aokiji
Sanji vs. Kizaru

Thus the monstrous trio. However I voted other because it could go either way.

but one of them is already a FA so most likely one more will fit in as the 3rd admiral :darn

what kind of power this have will/might determine the order

or even perhaps, FA vs Luffy

3 admirals vs the rest of the SH crew

zad67
January 05, 2011, 04:38 AM
JC123 - We're not on about assianating a admiral here so how does it make no sence the admirals will hunt down those who are growing a bigger threat to the marines/goverment and their so called justice. So theres always a chance of one of them losing, also everyone is different so how can you use Garp as a example for all you know Garp could be way stronger than the admirals and do things differently.

Evil Strawhats
January 05, 2011, 11:05 AM
i totally agree that luffy will take out akainu, perhaps with help of the Marco-Pirates, after all akainu did to ace...

Kizaru, hm difficult...perhaps blackbeard? who says the admirals will be taken out by the good guys? also it would be a fight light vs dark...maybe too obvious...

but for aokiji.... difficult...perhaps Sanji and Zorro together.It would be hilarious:" Hey you stood in my way marimo" "don`t piss me off cook", and aokiji like WTF? xD

JC123
January 06, 2011, 08:37 AM
JC123 - We're not on about assianating a admiral here so how does it make no sence the admirals will hunt down those who are growing a bigger threat to the marines/goverment and their so called justice. So theres always a chance of one of them losing, also everyone is different so how can you use Garp as a example for all you know Garp could be way stronger than the admirals and do things differently.

Taking on an admiral is seen as a huge thing.

To have Luffy, Rayleigh, or any of the Romance (adventure seeking) pirates fighting against an admiral goes against their own sense of adventure in some regards. It truly makes no sense when the thing they are questing for is freedom. On a somewhat personal level it makes no sense for them to do such a thing as defeating an admiral.

Yes, the Marines want to stop them. I use Garp as an example because he was offered a job as an Admiral, being that damn good. Also, remember the relationship that Garp and Gol D. had. I'm sure that Roger had a few chances to take out Garp but didn't do it. His goal of exploring is more important than a fight to the death with Marines.

Personally, seeing someone like Kidd take on an Admiral is what may happen. Seeing as how he's more the glory hound (by killing anyone that gets in his way), I would see that happening for them. But destroying the head of the Marines isn't something to be taken lightly. Even Shiki (the Golden Lion) had a problem with Garp and Buddha.

If anything, a pirate taking on an Admiral (like Whitebeard and all three) is something to seriously consider for anyone involved. I'm just pointing this out so that others understand the stakes.

Mad Wanze
January 06, 2011, 11:25 AM

To have Luffy, Rayleigh, or any of the Romance (adventure seeking) pirates fighting against an admiral goes against their own sense of adventure in some regards. It truly makes no sense when the thing they are questing for is freedom. On a somewhat personal level it makes no sense for them to do such a thing as defeating an admiral.

Yes, the Marines want to stop them. I use Garp as an example because he was offered a job as an Admiral, being that damn good. Also, remember the relationship that Garp and Gol D. had. I'm sure that Roger had a few chances to take out Garp but didn't do it. His goal of exploring is more important than a fight to the death with Marines.

Personally, seeing someone like Kidd take on an Admiral is what may happen. Seeing as how he's more the glory hound (by killing anyone that gets in his way), I would see that happening for them. But destroying the head of the Marines isn't something to be taken lightly. Even Shiki (the Golden Lion) had a problem with Garp and Buddha.

If anything, a pirate taking on an Admiral (like Whitebeard and all three) is something to seriously consider for anyone involved. I'm just pointing this out so that others understand the stakes.

It's not like the strawhats are going to chase and pursue the admirals, but is very likely that near the end the Marines will start a war against Luffy & co. to avoid they learn about the void century. This seems to be the most important thing to the world government, so they'll go all out against anyone who could learn about it. That's why many of us think that there'll be a battle where the monster trio will have to face the three admirals. Garp vs Gol. d. Roger was more like a challenge between gentlemen, but after the Great pirate age started the marines got really serious. Think about how they, for the first time, taunted a Yonkou. I'm pretty sure they'll do that again, maybe this time they'll capture Dragon and execute him, but this time Luffy will be strong enough to go efficiently on battle against the Marines.

Oh, and for all those who'll say Luffy wouldn't care about dragon being executed, i think that in the new world they'll meet and sympatize for each other

zelllogan
January 06, 2011, 02:29 PM
Bittman >> I don't see the amirals fighting the monster trio either. For the rest of your post, I don't agree with anything you said :D ... but I can't prove you're wrong either.

I voted for "other". I just can't see Aokiji as a villain. I see the amirals fighting between them :D : Aokiji vs Akainu with Kizaru as a sports speaker following the fight :).

zad67
January 06, 2011, 06:15 PM

Seems someone as already said what i as going to say about this but there is more to add.

Like i said Garp isn't same as the current admirals so i wouldnt use him as a example, every person is different like "Red Dog" for example would not stop trying to kill luffy and ace no matter who he had to go through so do you really see him stopping now and i doubt luffy is just simply going to walk on by or run away after what happened to ace.

Then theres the fact that the admirals just follow orders in the end no matter what and luffy is one of their main targets now after all that as happened(i dont need to list everything do i?) so there will without a doubt be a admiral/s on his case and if someone stands in your way, in the way of your dreams then you have no other choice but to go through them like all the poeple luffy as faced so far doesn't matter if they are admirals.

btw sorry about the crap load of text lol.

Lord Rayleigh
January 07, 2011, 05:08 AM
I bet that Aokiji will be the new Fleet Admiral and so I think that he won't be taken out by the Strawhats. Well, he is after all a nice character who let the Strawhats escape three times (Long Island, 2 times at Water 7) and I wouldn't like all of the top marines to be taken out by the Strawhats. There must be someone who remains unbeaten. However, I still support the idea that each member of the Monster Trio would take care of an Admiral.

So that would make:
Luffy vs. Akainu
Zoro vs. a New Admiral
Sanji vs. Kizaru

Luffy fighting Akainu seems pretty obvious in One Piece readers' mind since the Admiral killed Ace. There is also Luffy's red color theme which would match Akainu's Red Dog surname. Sanji's yellow color theme goes towards a clash with the Yellow Monkey, who has very often uses attacks based on feet movements. Zoro's dark green color theme would probably match some "special dark" color theme, so I only see a meteor logia Admiral as a possibility.

By the way, all the people who voted for " The monster trio will each take one " probably didn't understand that it did not mean that the new Fleet Admiral would be taken out since it talks about Admirals. I've just voted for that but I was thinking that the "Fleet Admiral Aokiji" would be safe, and that a new Admiral would be one of the Monster Trio's target.

zelllogan
January 07, 2011, 06:26 AM
so I only see a meteor logia Admiral as a possibility

Too much Final fantasy for you :)

Lord Rayleigh
January 07, 2011, 10:46 AM
Too much Final fantasy for you :)
Actually, I have never played Final Fantasy even though I know it by name.

Franckie
January 07, 2011, 01:31 PM
My prediction is that Luffy takes out Akainu, Blackbeard takes out Kizaru, and that Aokiji remains undefeated.

Anduren
January 07, 2011, 07:28 PM
I think what some of the others and myself are trying to say is that it is very improbable that the admirals will ever be taken out because it is not a requirement/rite of passage to become pirate king. In his journeys, Gol D. Roger, as strong as he is, never cared to go up against the marines choosing to run when he didn't have to fight (just like Luffy). But when he was cornered, he fought to the bitter end in order to escape.... not to take down the marines. It seems in this case, "Garp the Hero" was the only one capable at the time of cornering Gol D. Roger enough to make him have to fight. This is why it is highly unlikely that the Admirals will ever be defeated outside of another war.
But....even if it never happens, that doesn't mean we can't wonder how a fight between two characters in One Piece will end up or who is best matched against the admirals. I'm just saying none of us should keep our hopes up in seeing the Admirals being taken out by the strawhats alone.

zad67
January 08, 2011, 07:10 AM
I think what some of the others and myself are trying to say is that it is very improbable that the admirals will ever be taken out because it is not a requirement/rite of passage to become pirate king. In his journeys, Gol D. Roger, as strong as he is, never cared to go up against the marines choosing to run when he didn't have to fight (just like Luffy). But when he was cornered, he fought to the bitter end in order to escape.... not to take down the marines. It seems in this case, "Garp the Hero" was the only one capable at the time of cornering Gol D. Roger enough to make him have to fight. This is why it is highly unlikely that the Admirals will ever be defeated outside of another war.
But....even if it never happens, that doesn't mean we can't wonder how a fight between two characters in One Piece will end up or who is best matched against the admirals. I'm just saying none of us should keep our hopes up in seeing the Admirals being taken out by the strawhats alone.

Hmm.. 'not a requirement/rite of passage to become pirate king' and ' highly unlikely that the Admirals will ever be defeated outside of another war' so the requirement for them to get defeated is in a war. If someone stands in your way to become pirate king or your dream then what, i doubt you'll be able to out run a admiral or tell him to wait there specially when another pirate king is not what the marines/goverment wants or they don't want you to grow in power.

Well ok using your logic that everyone is the same as the Gol D Roger then everyone is the pirate king...nope. Using a other person as a example won't work like i said poeple have there on way of doing things only luffy so far seems to take after Gol D Roger and even then how do we know that he ran away all the time it as never stated maybe the marines backed off after a beating.

Think of it like this when writing a story you don't make every character the same or follow the extact same path because it would come boring and predictable. To show poeple are different Luffy as got to where he is now by helping others and fighting foes who seeked to cause trouble on others but Kid on the other hand as been dubbed for being cruel then theres Blackbeard who will fight or take down anyone when he knows he has the power to do it or when theres the right moment eg. whitebeard.

Anduren
January 08, 2011, 12:59 PM
@zad67
I'm sorry if I have confused you with my logic but it seems you have misunderstood:

Well ok using your logic that everyone is the same as the Gol D Roger then everyone is the pirate king...nope.

I don't know why you would think that everyone has to be like Gol D. Roger. I didn't write One Piece....Oda did, and it is he who makes Luffy similar to Gol D. Roger (nobody else except Luffy). And it is Luffy who is supposed to be the pirate king in the end, not everybody.

Think of it like this when writing a story you don't make every character the same or follow the extact same path because it would come boring and predictable. To show poeple are different Luffy as got to where he is now by helping others and fighting foes who seeked to cause trouble on others but Kid on the other hand as been dubbed for being cruel then theres Blackbeard who will fight or take down anyone when he knows he has the power to do it or when theres the right moment eg. whitebeard.
I will not debate you on this point, since I'm not writing One Piece, it is something you have to discuss with Oda. It is Oda who has put such an emphasis on Fate and the destiny that follows the "will of D." This is the reason the story follows the way it does. Whichever way he has decided to take the story, I don't see it as boring or too predictable. I should point out though that some people DID predict that the straw hat belonged to Gol D. Roger and it turned out to be true. If something like that being predictable makes the story boring for you then that is just your taste in predictability.
I understand that we may have disagreements on openions. But please do not confuse speculation with facts. I'm not saying that what I pointed out is anything more than speculation. But the same goes for whatever you say as well. Because like Rayleigh said to Nico Robin, you can follow the same path and learn the true story of One Piece and come to two different conclusions.

I would like to not go off topic with this subject, so I'll just rest my case on why I think the strawhats will not defeat the admirals alone and leave it at that.

zad67
January 08, 2011, 04:50 PM
@zad67
I'm sorry if I have confused you with my logic but it seems you have misunderstood:

I don't know why you would think that everyone has to be like Gol D. Roger. I didn't write One Piece....Oda did, and it is he who makes Luffy similar to Gol D. Roger (nobody else except Luffy). And it is Luffy who is supposed to be the pirate king in the end, not everybody.

I will not debate you on this point, since I'm not writing One Piece, it is something you have to discuss with Oda. It is Oda who has put such an emphasis on Fate and the destiny that follows the "will of D." This is the reason the story follows the way it does. Whichever way he has decided to take the story, I don't see it as boring or too predictable. I should point out though that some people DID predict that the straw hat belonged to Gol D. Roger and it turned out to be true. If something like that being predictable makes the story boring for you then that is just your taste in predictability.
I understand that we may have disagreements on openions. But please do not confuse speculation with facts. I'm not saying that what I pointed out is anything more than speculation. But the same goes for whatever you say as well. Because like Rayleigh said to Nico Robin, you can follow the same path and learn the true story of One Piece and come to two different conclusions.

I would like to not go off topic with this subject, so I'll just rest my case on why I think the strawhats will not defeat the admirals alone and leave it at that.

Seems that you didn't get what i was saying at all, i was trying to say not everyone will be like Gol D Roger and not take out the Admirals or marines and that everyone is different with different ways to get what they want because you was making sound like everyone was/should follow what Gol D Roger did.

jorped
January 09, 2011, 09:44 AM
we still havent seen what luffy and the others can really do but for now if anyone could even dream of take out a admiral would be luffy cuz until now he is the only one that we know that use haki, the others wouldnt have a chace against logia users like the admirals

but i am hoping to see now , has luffy is already in the way to the new world , shanks and his crew , that guy is super strong!!!!!

Jorge D. Dragon
January 22, 2011, 05:13 AM
Guys, I can understand that there are plenty of fans and all of them have plenty of theories, but if we just think logically I can't understand how it is possible for anyone from Mugivaras aside from Luffy and maybe Zoro to take down an Admiral. As we've seen during War at the Summit even Whitebeard couldn't take down even one Admiral. We know that he was practically Roger's equal, also we know that he posesed not only Haki, but posesed Haoshuku Haki and also he had monstrous strength to stop a ship with a single hand and devastating Devil Fruit. You really think that Sanji or even Zoro can surpass him? I really doubt it. I even doubt the fact that Sanji will get Haki. Also speaking about Admirals they aren't only about Logia they also have Haki and this also speaks for them. Also Luffy is a unique person to evolve his Haki that fast and to have that much control over it as Rayleigh stated. That's why I can't see the possibility of Monster Trio taking out all three Admirals.

jorped
January 22, 2011, 06:41 AM
Guys, I can understand that there are plenty of fans and all of them have plenty of theories, but if we just think logically I can't understand how it is possible for anyone from Mugivaras aside from Luffy and maybe Zoro to take down an Admiral. As we've seen during War at the Summit even Whitebeard couldn't take down even one Admiral. We know that he was practically Roger's equal, also we know that he posesed not only Haki, but posesed Haoshuku Haki and also he had monstrous strength to stop a ship with a single hand and devastating Devil Fruit. You really think that Sanji or even Zoro can surpass him? I really doubt it. I even doubt the fact that Sanji will get Haki. Also speaking about Admirals they aren't only about Logia they also have Haki and this also speaks for them. Also Luffy is a unique person to evolve his Haki that fast and to have that much control over it as Rayleigh stated. That's why I can't see the possibility of Monster Trio taking out all three Admirals.

lol kinda have to disagree with you , whitebeard since the beggining was wounded and most of the times that he got hit was due to the fact that he wanna to protect someone and looose his focus.
He was the most powerful pirate and the admirals also knew that lol.
In a one a one no doubt that5 he would win. whitebeard was wounded , he was always trying to see about his crew, what were the admirals trying to protect ????? nothing they only have to look for themself , so dont compare them to whitebeard, none of the three would have a chance against whitebeard in a proper fight!!!!!

Jorge D. Dragon
January 22, 2011, 07:10 AM
Of course he was wounded, but he did have proper fight one on one against Akainu and he couldn't inflict proper damage on him, though he used his DF greatly and quaked him several times in his head with great power. In fact, I'd say his wound didn't affect his attack power (I might be wrong, but it's only for Oda to say), it only got his stamina and mobility, but his attack power in fact wasn't enough to take out even Akainu. He even got power to continue the fight after WB's death and then follow BB to the New World.

I don't agree that the reason of WB not taking out any of the Admirals was his distraction because of people he wanted to protect. In fact it should have been the most important reason to take out at least one Admiral, but he just couldn't.

Also Admirals did have to protect their underlings, city of Marineford and Headquarters. Akainu even stated it.

jorped
January 22, 2011, 07:25 AM
do you really think that in fight withouth no distractions whitebeard wouldnt beat akainu ( akainu in my oppinion is the strongest of the 3) ???? i think it wouldnt be easy but he would eventually

Jorge D. Dragon
January 22, 2011, 07:39 AM
Before the War at the summit I thought that WB should have been strong enough to take out even two Admirals in one vs two fight, but maybe Oda made this to show the power of the Admirals and to make the previous era go away and also to make Luffy to progress not only powerwise, but also mentally.

jorped
January 22, 2011, 07:54 AM
Before the War at the summit I thought that WB should have been strong enough to take out even two Admirals in one vs two fight, but maybe Oda made this to show the power of the Admirals and to make the previous era go away and also to make Luffy to progress not only powerwise, but also mentally.

Probably you are right , its time for the current era to shine :)

give here your oppinions
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67181

chess4
January 22, 2011, 09:04 AM
im sure towards the end the WG will be divided by the moral and absolute justice. i think aokiji will be some what of a good guy, but the other 2 will be angaisnt him.

as much as luffy owes akainu a butt whooping, i think koby will be the one to dish it out.

as for kizaru i have no clue.

jorped
January 22, 2011, 09:22 AM
im sure towards the end the WG will be divided by the moral and absolute justice. i think aokiji will be some what of a good guy, but the other 2 will be angaisnt him.

as much as luffy owes akainu a butt whooping, i think koby will be the one to dish it out.

as for kizaru i have no clue.

yup probably you are right , i think one side will be as you said akainu and the ones that think like him, other side will be for example smoker, coby .....

and we since the begginig thought that it would be coby vs luffy but maybe you are right that will be coby against akainu, cuz since the begginig that coby said that they would figth cuz as he was going to be marine that he would have to try to stop the pirates but i think they are going to change their minds and see that most of the marines are corrupted and by that the straw hats are not enemies , they just want to be free and discover the world, its not like they have ever done bad thinks on purpose , or just for fun, most of the times they did the job that the marines couldnt, for example in arlong and alabasta arc

Syzerd
January 22, 2011, 01:39 PM
I bet that is Luffy fate to beat Akainu some time in the history, he need to avenge Ace. About Aokiji, i really like his character and it seems that he is like an ally of the SH, he helped them several times, and beat them another several times, but not with killing intentions imo so i bet change team when the time to take out the WG comes. Kizaru, is a neutral admiral, maybe other than the SH will beat him, dont have any special guess.

exacta
January 22, 2011, 04:10 PM
I bet that is Luffy fate to beat Akainu some time in the history, he need to avenge Ace. About Aokiji, i really like his character and it seems that he is like an ally of the SH, he helped them several times, and beat them another several times, but not with killing intentions imo so i bet change team when the time to take out the WG comes. Kizaru, is a neutral admiral, maybe other than the SH will beat him, dont have any special guess.

I remember Sengoku recommending Aokiji to take his place, so does that mean theres a new admiral? What will become of Sengoku too, I wonder. I think there are powerful Marines we havent even met yet that also need to be taken out. So far, we haven't seen how much each SH has grown, but I wouldn't be surprised if one could take on an Admiral. If the SHs are gonna take One Piece then they're crew is probably going to end up extremely strong at some point, if they havent already.

I look forward to the day Luffy owns Akainu.

kkck
January 23, 2011, 10:18 AM
WB was old, hurt, far from his prime and had fought a bunch of people when he fought the admirals. In that sense, surely the admirals proved to be extremely powerful but I don't think fighting at their level will be something reserved for merely luffy and zoro. Sanji should be there too once he reaches his potential and the rest of the strawhats should be plenty capable of somehow putting up a fight too. If we consider the main members of the WB pirates and the redhair pirates then we see that even though not all of them could fight on par with admirals they could at least pose a threat.

LeKuaSimi
January 25, 2011, 01:10 PM
Near the end, I would expect details of void century to be revealed.. And then, it might not just be strawhats fighting against admirals, but WG may start to collaspe, and the Marine could spilt against each other. It isn't too hard to think of Aokiji vs Kizaru + Akainu, where Aokiji would lose. At this point, SH would have to come in.

Then again, it might be Blackbeard forcing the SHs to unite with the admirals. Hmm.

morau-san
January 25, 2011, 09:55 PM
i voted monster trio. but i see it differently then most.

luffy vs Akainu (cause of Ace, we all know)

zoro vs kizaru (cause kizaru humiliated him at SA and i think zoro should pay him back)

sanji vs aokiji (cause sanji has one good reason to hate him, being he tried to kill robin once and diable jambe seems perfect to take him on)