PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Claymore 112 Discussion/113 Predictions

igotthegoods
December 29, 2010, 03:44 PM
This is where you post the spoilers for the the next chapter and discuss away. In case you are wondering, this will comprise of Spoilers Pics, Summaries, & Discussion.

Rules to note :

1) Please post pictures, summaries and scripts of the upcoming chapter here. Up to three pages can be shown here as images. Anything over three pages must be linked externally. Translations are also welcomed and appreciated. Please do not post babelfish/google translations. For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. Just post the Japanese text and a translator will take care of it when he/she has time to spare.

2) NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS.
If not, you will be shot by us!! This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

3) If you like, you can also use the spoiler tag.

That's all folks, just remember, no spamming, no flaming. And read on, if you want to get 'spoiled'.

Remember, the usual forum rules apply.

Ryus
January 30, 2011, 10:00 PM
Two spoilers posted on AS by mosmos

Some talk between new group and Helen's group.
Anastasia expressed her thanks to Helen and gang and blah blah..
She then go on to control her youki to gather all her hair in the battlefield back onto her head.

No. 15. reveals that Anastasia is the best hair stylist in the the organization and in her sense of gratitude, Anastasia offers to give everyone a new hairdo. ... scene switch to Clarice and sidekick.

While grocery shopping, Miata confessed her secret to Clarice; that she is actually the daughter of a former no. 1. Miata said that she is part of an experiment to produce powerful claymoree and that she really missed her real mama a lot and wants to go back to the organization to find her. ... Scene switched back to Helen and gang

Now Helen and gang have new hairdos;
First is Dietrich = she now dons spiky layered long hairstyle similar to Miria's but not tied up.
Tab and Cynthia's hairdo remains.

Yuma now spot a short blob similar to that of Clare.

Helen and Deneve preferred a fiercer look so Ana went ahead to give them Mohawk spiky head look (with the sides shaved bald). Deneve's hair is the regular Mohawk style while Helen's style is that of ponytail Mohawk.

The chapter ends with Helen saying: Time to kick some ass...

Chapter start with the parties talking and Ana's gang saying thanks to ghosts blah blah blah...

Tabitha senses some weird yoki movements somewhere ahead of their group and tells the group.
Dynamic duo also senses this and cant wait to check it out and so they goes off ahead of the rest.

When the duo arrives near the yoki movement (in a hiding place); they were surprised to see the scene in front of them...
Yoma is seen cutting their own brethren and using their flesh and blood to feed a captured human male. More humans males are seen being tied up waiting to be fed...

But Deneve observed that something is not right...the yomas movements seemed as if they are acting against their own will..as if someone is forcing them to cut their own kind...
the yomas that were being cut gave out pleas but die in anguish.

The rest of the gang arrives (the new warriors are not there) but gets noticed by some of the Yomas...
The gang drew their swords and approach the scene to get a closer look.

More panels of yomas cutting yomas and feeding their own flesh and blood into the humans... Dietrich finds it strange that the yomas did not attack the group

finally one of the yomas spoke:"are you guys sent by her?"
the gang were confused...

Deneve inquired: what is going on here? release the prisoners now!

yoma:"Ask her to stop!!"

Helen: "huh? Who ?"

Yoma: ..the woman who brought them here (pointing to the human prisoners)
Yoma: ..the blind woman controlling our yoki.....the Blind Witch...

Tabitha and Deneve shock expression: !!!!!

End of chapter 112

last page: Yuma threw her claymore at the talking Yuma! and yell: STFU!

Personally I think both are fake... but they where kinda funny
[hr]
Just spotted this on Baidu...

SPOILER... I think... :XD
七人队和NO7她们谈话,策反。NO7不愿背叛组织。此时天际一声巨响,两个巨大的小宇宙出现在远方----兔子和2呆已经破壳而出,然后正式交战。花露水的力量已经大部分归于兔子,与2呆斗了个旗鼓相当。

Could someone please translate... thx :D

saladesu
January 31, 2011, 01:36 PM
Verification: Pending

The 7 of them and No.7 are talking, the 7 of them are trying to get No.7 to rebel, but No.7 will not betray the organisation. Just then, there is a loud sound from the sky, and two huge microcosmos appear in the distance. Rabbit and 2-dai (TN: I think these are a baidu nicknames for some characters, don't make sense otherwise) have already broken out of their shells and are joining the battle proper. Most of Hualushui's (TN: another nickname) power has already returned to Rabbit, and is neck-and-neck with 2-dai.

The nicknames are confusing D: If anyone can figure them out, be my guest :amuse I don't think so well at 3am :ninja

Ryus
January 31, 2011, 01:58 PM
Verification: Pending

The 7 of them and No.7 are talking, the 7 of them are trying to get No.7 to rebel, but No.7 will not betray the organisation. Just then, there is a loud sound from the sky, and two huge microcosmos appear in the distance. Rabbit and 2-dai (TN: I think these are a baidu nicknames for some characters, don't make sense otherwise) have already broken out of their shells and are joining the battle proper. Most of Hualushui's (TN: another nickname) power has already returned to Rabbit, and is neck-and-neck with 2-dai.

The nicknames are confusing D: If anyone can figure them out, be my guest :amuse I don't think so well at 3am :ninja

Rabbit is Clare's nickname in China (previously explained to me on Animesuki, she got the name due to Teresa bringing her a Rabbit to eat and apparently it caused some kinda on going joke there)... no idea about Hualushui or 2-dai though (assuming Teresa and Priscilla respectively based on context).

All in all though this seems to be the same spoiler I posted above... Where you translating it for us or did you find it yourself else where? if you found it yourself else where it might actually be the correct one (Yeah Clare is back in the plot :D) or the spoiler just got spread all over the place and it means nothing. :| If you just translated it for us thanks ;)

Edit: Been told
Actually 2-dai literally mean "2" and "slow-wit". It's a baidu nickname for Priscilla, because she's former no.2 and she's bit naive when she first showed up.

Huslushui is the short-hand for the combined form of Luciella and Raphaela.

Joe7133
January 31, 2011, 10:52 PM
That was a bit sooner that I expected it. The cacoon breaking out with Clare and Priscilla fighting again. I would have expected a mental fight chapter or something.
[hr]
Would be nice to see Helen or Deneva chop off Anastasia hair to convince her. lol

Goral
February 02, 2011, 05:02 AM
Brief summary of the chapter written by gene (originally on Animesuki):

yuma and cynthia take care of two in ana's team while other fight against 9 awakened.

dietrich asked ana to make it out herself why deneve team pick this route with awks on purpose.so they realize they were coming for help.

so they fight as a team together and get the awks down,you ll see how they cooperate.the last awk is part of yuma's showtime^^

after the battle,they find out the org is still making male warrier.deneve remind others what miria said when they first meet male claymore(manga vol 5).
miria already knew this@@

Ana,ofcourse ,agree to help them to payback¡
and chapter ends with Tabitha's"the road we will continue to go is¡¡¡"

(cannot writedown too much using my old mobile¡¡¡¡)

Ryus
February 02, 2011, 01:58 PM
CHAPTERS OUT. MANGASTREAM

http://mangastream.com/read/claymore/48953095/1

natli
February 02, 2011, 04:06 PM
"GA?!" - this is the quote of the chapter :)

It will be nice seeing at least a part of Org's facilities destroyed, so I hope the Ghosts will go that way.

Joe7133
February 02, 2011, 11:12 PM
How would you rank Deneve and Helen power to the current or past Claymore after reading this chapter?

I think they're probably as strong as a rank 2. If I was to compare it, they could be almost as strong as Irene before she fell to Rafeala.

HegemonKhan
February 03, 2011, 03:42 AM
let's see if I can do this quickly, lol

Power Level: Character(s)

01. rank SSSS: Teresa
02. rank SSS: Awakened Priscilla
03. rank SS or SSS: Destroyer
04. rank S or SS: An Awakened+Matured Miata
05. rank S: maybe Rafaela and maybe a Matured Miata
06. Awakened rank 1: Isley, Riful, Luciela, maybe Rafaela, Awakened Alicia, Awakened Beth, maybe a Matured Miata, maybe Partially Awakened Clare, and maybe Claymore Priscilla
07. rank 1: Claymore Isley, Claymore Riful, Claymore Luciela, Rafaela, Claymore Priscilla, Claymore Alicia, Claymore Awakened Beth, A Matured Miata, Hysteria, Licht, Lutecia, Chloe, Sistina, Cassandra, Partially Awakened Clare, maybe Clare, maybe Deneve, maybe Helen, maybe Miria, maybe Jean (if she hadn't stupidly let Rigardo kill her), and maybe Irene
08. Awakened rank 2: Rigardo and Agatha
09. rank 2: Irene, Clare, Miria, Deneve, Helen, and Jean (if she hadn't stupidly let Rigardo kill her)
10: Awakened rank 3: Dauf, maybe Blinded Galatea, maybe Immature Miata, maybe Sophia, and maybe Awakened Ophelia
11. rank 3: Galatea, Immature Miata, Sophia, Audrey, maybe Noel, and maybe Claymore Ophelia
12. Awakened rank 4: Awakened Ophelia
13. rank 4: Claymore Ophelia and Noel
14. Awakened rank 5: maybe the Gonal female AB if she is Elda
14. rank 5: Elda, Rachel, and maybe Dietrich
15. Awakened rank 6: Awakened Hilda
16. rank 6: Claymore Hilda, Renee, early chapters (HA) Miria, and maybe Dietrich
17. rank 7: Eva and Anastasia
18. rank 8: Flora and Dietrich
19. rank 9: Claymore Jean and Nina
20. rank 10: Raftela
21. rank 11: Undine
22. rank 13: Veronica
23. rank 14: Claymore Cynthia
24. rank 15: Claymore Deneve and Nike
25. rank 22: Claymore Helen
26. rank 31: Claymore Tabatha
27. rank 40: Claymore Yuma
28. rank 45 or 46: Elena
29. rank 47: Claymore Clare and Clarice

*Ghost Cynthia, Ghost Tabatha, and Ghost Yuma would be somewhere between ~ ranks 6-9

*"Spiderman" ("Purifer"/purger) male AB would be between ranks 10-14

*Fully Awakened Clare would be ???

Ryus
February 03, 2011, 04:03 AM
No colored pic from TSS this month :(... and they included the date for next chapter. It will be in the April Issue... and as a reminder and FYI for those who don't know the April issue comes out in the beginning of March (4th is official date though sites scan sites should have it up sooner) so there is no break and Claymore will be on time with its next release. :)

Super Angillis
February 03, 2011, 09:20 AM
Well I'll try and get my review up by tonight. But a few quick thoughts.
LOL at Yuma saying she just can't bring herself to be worried. Yeah, Normal AB's just aren't a match for the ghosts working together.
Again we see that Yuma isn't all that weak. She's a bit lacking in confidence though. Yuma is sorta like Ussop from One Piece in a couple of ways.
Looks like Ana's group is defecting too. Honestly this is more like what Miria should have done, convert as many Claymores over to her side as possible.
I'm thinking they'll go destroy the AB plant. Since the Ghosts could probably own the Org's claymore's, it'll give Dae time to to get his new projects up and running.

elitefox
February 04, 2011, 03:02 AM
haha fake spoiler get my hopes up lol

what will happen to rocky(I don't remember his name well), can he be the first in-control male claymore :D

he is well disciplined afterall

Raki :D

HegemonKhan
February 04, 2011, 03:58 AM
well, if the Ghosts+rebel Claymores decide to go to this "lab", it does seem to be setting up "time" for the Org to do whatever to Raki (if they do... Raki could be useless, it's a possibilty, as we now know it wasn't anything special of Raki that was resisting the 2 small projectiles but rather Priscilla's arm, though he did stay alive despite having Priscilla's arm impaled into his back/body, lol, so maybe Raki is special!), and possibly Dae to make his new "monsters" (Priscilla Arm 3 Super AFs and "Clare Clones" using rank 1 Claymores' flesh, even Teresa's body itself for an "Exact Clare Clone") at the Org HQs (unless he plans to do this at the "lab", which then is bad news for him).

does Yagi want the above, or will the Ghosts+Rebel Claymores go to the Org HQs... ???
(but than again, Dae could be thus using the "lab" as well, so the same problem in the above can occur as well if they do go to the Org HQs)

----------------------------------------------------------------

and then there's the whole problem.... of...

is the "Org HQs" that we've been seeing always been the Org HQs, or maybe we were actually looking at the "lab" not realizing it was the "lab", and mistaking it for the Org HQs, ???

we don't know if Raki is being held at the Org HQs or this "lab" !!!!

heck, was Miria actually attacking the Org HQs, or was she attacking the "lab" ??? (Deneve did seem to suggest that Miria might ahve possibly known about the "lab", so maybe Miria was actually attacking the "lab" and not the Org HQs....)

-----------------------------------------------------------

I've was wondering a while back before ch 112 and before I knew that Rimuto and master Limt were the same person, if there might not be two "Org HQs/Labs/complexes/bases", and Rubel was going between them, and we weren't realizing we were looking at 2 "Org HQs/bases", and not just one "Org HQs".

well, now this has become a real possibility with ch 112's confirmation of there actually being a 2nd "Org HQs/lab/base/complex" !!!!!!!!!!!

and there was Rubel saying how orphaned boys were taken "north" (to the "lab", eh?, to be made into male ABs), and the orphaned girls to the Org HQs to be made into female Claymores... :D

the "lab" is to the north IN SUTARE* and the "Org HQs" is to the east IN SUTARE*

*Sutare = the eastern land on the island (in the anime, it's called Sutafu, instead)

---------------------------------------------------

OMG!!! remember Dae "arrived" and he's like WTH happened... maybe he came from the "lab" to the Org HQs or vice versa, and then we see him asking Rimuto about it....

this does seem to suggest with Dae, we saw two different scenes, one at each Org "complex", whereas we had no idea of this possibility...

Dae's reaction/interaction (and Miria's attack/battle)... is now making some sense! I need to investigate this!!! hehe.

llamapie
February 04, 2011, 04:12 AM
I think this chapter was set up clearly for the organization to make Raki into a claymore. Think about it. He is already crazy strong for a human, making him into a Claymore would be incredible. So the organization gets to take someone with excellent potential and give them some demon meat. :P My guess is they implant him with Isley.

Joe7133
February 04, 2011, 06:09 AM
Well, I think Miria went to the East to attach the Organization HQ. How else would there be a lot of Claymore there. Otherwise all the Claymore ladies would sense the Yoma or AB being created at that range.

One of the chapter did mention east to the girl and north to the boys. So the all the girls became Claymore and all the boys became AB's or Yoma's.

chapter 50 pages 16-17: Rubel says it :D

I think that when they want a certain Claymore dead, they send them north. I feel for Anastasia group. Her group was just like Miria group. Send to their death.

Goral
February 05, 2011, 07:46 AM
I recommend reading Kinematic's post (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=3472873#post3472873). The best chapter analysis I've read.

kaliayev
February 08, 2011, 06:20 PM
Sigh, it's nice that Yagi is still wasting pages with revelations that were predicted years ago.

Given the trend of the narrative and certain loyalties, I think the group will opt for rescuing Miria. The manga has often created catastrophic consequences for personal/sentimental choices that the protagonists make, while emphasizing that these choices separate the "human" claymores from their creators/awakened beings in an ethically positive way. Some that come to mind are Theresa's death/Priscilla's awakening, Clare's quest for vengeance, Miria's hesitation in regards to killing warriors, etc. Given what the ghosts are, they'll try to save Miria, while Dae's experiments will knock on the door in the distant future.

As mentioned, Dae is likely to be located at the lab. That is, Yagi has given us an overlying issue, which the characters are unaware of, to the divergent paths. Yagi likes to hold teasers over our head for a lengthy period of time before showing the final product. We've seen the defense that the org's HQ has to offer, while we've only gotten hints at what Dae is ultimately constructing. While we can certainly assume an enjoyable fight between the ghosts and the prawns + mc chick, the latter antagonists were rendered obsolete the moment they disclosed their power to us and smacked Miria around.

p.s. Expect Rubel to have yet another conversation with the ghosts after they take out the org's HQ.

p.p.s. One also needs to keep in mind that Dae's latest experiment is meant to primarily counter Priscilla. At the moment, the merged Clarescilla is dormant. Dae's creations will probably have an effect on said dormancy. This makes these two elements complements in the plot. It would be wasteful to have either emerge without the other.

Joe7133
February 08, 2011, 11:51 PM
Here is something strange about the setting. From my understanding and a map that Tabitha drew up in one of the chapter. The land was like a cross star with the holy city in the center. East is where the Org. HQ is at. North is the Org. Lab for the male. South is Luciela <Dead> or <merge to Destroyer>. West is Riful<Dead as we know of it.>

Miria went to the East to the Organizatioin HQ. It's the only way there was so many Claymore there. Miria as we know of it was hacked up. <Saw her hand cut up and Claymore jumping on her with their Claymore.>

Anastasia group was sent north. Probably to purge her and her friends and some of the low level trouble maker Claymore like Clare group. This is why they saw the man awaken being.

**** Here's what is strange ****

To my understanding, didn't the remaining Ghost group left the Holy city <Center of map> and were suppose to go East to the Org. HQ. How the heck did they find themselves up in the north helping Anastasia group? Do they not know where the Org. HQ is at? Did they went north to find the Lab? Weren't they going to go find Miria? Did we miss something with Helen telling them to go North? Did Miria went North into the Lab instead of the East? If so, why were there so many Female Claymore there? None of the Claymore knew of the North Lab.

HegemonKhan
February 09, 2011, 02:18 AM
I can answer this, as you don't quite have some of the geography correct, and you are missing the dialogue about it, hehe.

This might not make that much sense as I'm going to try to do this via typing, as a picture would be much better for this. But, I'll do my best.

---------------------------------------------------------

the (relatively small) Island's shape is basically that of a PLUS (+) sign. So the Org divides it into 4 lands:

the shape of this is like an unfolded box (no top, so it's 5 squares), except that the center "square" land doesn't exist, and so instead the borders of the 4 "outer" lands form an X in this center "square".

1. Alphonse: the northern land: No AO -> Isley -> Isley+Priscilla -> No AO
2. Luatrec: the western land: No AO -> Riful -> Riful+Alicia+Beth+Priscilla+Destroyer -> Priscilla+Destroyer -> No AO
3. Mucha: the southern land: No AO -> Luciela -> Isley+Priscilla -> No AO
4. Sutare*: the eastern land: No AO -> ~Isley -> ~Riful -> Luciela -> ~Rosemary -> ~Priscilla -> Alicia+Beth (Org) -> Trainee Twin AOs (Org)

*Anime: Sutafu

However, the Humans divide the Island into 5 lands:

instead of the 4 lands' borders making an X in the middle, this unrecognized (by the Org) "central land" is known as Toulouse by the Humans. Thus these 5 lands divide the Island into an unfolded box (no top, so it's 5 squares) shape.

1. Alphonse: the northern land: No AO -> Isley -> Isley+Priscilla -> No AO
2. Luatrec: the western land: No AO -> Riful -> Riful+Alicia+Beth+Priscilla+Destroyer -> Priscilla+Destroyer -> No AO
3. Mucha: the southern land: No AO -> Luciela -> Isley+Priscilla -> No AO
4. Sutare*: the eastern land: No AO -> ~Isley -> ~Riful -> Luciela -> ~Rosemary -> ~Priscilla -> Alicia+Beth (Org) -> Trainee Twin AOs (Org)
5. Toulouse: the central land: No AOs (Neutral/Human)

*Anime: Sutafu

Luatrec (the western land):

1. Lacroa town: directly to the west of Rabona Holy City (the very center of the island), situated just to the west of the unrecognized N-S border between Luatrec and Toulouse. This is where Clare, Yuma, Cynthia, 2 BCs, 3 Claymores, Rubel, and a female AB are.

2. Huge Forest: to the west of Lacroa town in the middle of (and most of) Luatrec. Clare, Ophelia, Raki, Irene, Rafaela, Riful, Dauf, Renee, Cynthia, Yuma, Rubel, Alicia, Beth, Priscilla, AFs, Destroyer, half-merged bodies of Rafaela+Luciela, and hellcats are found here.

2A. Castle Ruins: inside this huge forest and near to Gonal Ruins, is a castle. This where Riful, Dauf, Clare, Renee, Destroyer, and half-merged bodies of Rafaela+Luciela are. This castle will be destroyed into ruins from the Destroyer's Awakening.

2B. Crater Valley: within the huge forest is a valley surrounded by mountains on all sides. This is where Irene was hiding. Irene, Clare, and Rafaela were here.

2B. Speculation: Godahl Plateau is where Teresa fought+killed Rosemary. Godahl is very similar to Gonal. So, maybe this place is the same place as Crater Valley. They do look the same as well (if I remember correctly). So it's possible, Irene built her cottage right on top of where Teresa buried Rosemary, lol.

3. Gonal Town Ruins: This was a town, but the Gonal single digit (ranked) female AB destroyed the town. Clare,

3. Ticheri Town: between Lacroa Town and the Huge Forest, and maybe slightly north a bit. This town is in a barren-rocky area.

4. north of Ticheri Town: Dae and his Retrieval Unit's initial location before going south to Ticheri town to capture Raki. This is a barren-rocky area too.

*5. Doga Town: Raki's home town, where Clare first met Raki. Priscila and Renee were here too.

*This town may not be in Luatrec, as it could be in Mucha or even on the border with Sutare.

6. nearby Doga Town: Riful+Dauf capture Renee after she leaves Doga Town.

7. Twin Goddesses of Love Statue (Big) Town: in the anime give a name to this town, Hanel. In the manga, this town is never given a name. It's to the NW of the Huge Forest (at least that is the direction that Clare told Raki to go in, when they split up).

8. Zakol Mountains: nearby the Twin Goddesses of Love Statue (Big) Town.

8A. Castle (orginally Buried/in a mountain, but now is in) Ruins: The Witches Maw chapters/arc. Riful's changing to her Awakened form/body destroys this originally buried in a Mtn castle (and the Mtn itself) into ruins.

9. the town before Clare goes to Gonal Town Ruins

10. I forgot the town names in the early chapters of the manga, before Clare goes to Rabona with Raki and becomes a HA.

------------------------------------------------

.....argh, this is taking too long... lol

-----------------------------------------------------------

your specific questions:

Sutare (the eastern land):

Northern Sutare:

there's a mountain range here that extends west into Alphonse and east+south all the way to the Org HQs. Within this mountain range is a secret pass along it. This is where Anastasia, Nike, Phina, Keira, Deneve, Helen, Tabatha, Dietrich, Cynthia, Yuma, the male ABs, and the nearby secret "lab" is.

Eastern Sutare:

the Org HQs, which was once Staff City (city of the far east) before the Org came to the island 100 years ago and took it over, making it into their HQs.

to the SW of the Org HQs:

a secret town hidden inside the forest, that Miria at least read about in the Org Archive.

to the W of the Org HQs:

a Forest, it also extends south as well, where the secret town is hidden within it

to the W of the Forest:

this is the closest town to the Org HQs. It is the town where Alicia Zemas and Beth Zemas were forcibly taken from their parents, with Exiled/Banished Rafaela arriving just afterwards to hear the townsfolk talking about it. Also, trainee Teresa frequently ran away to this town as well, and she happened to encounter Exiled/Banished Rafaela.

If I remember right, Yuma's (or is it Cynthia's or both's?) home town is somewhere in Sutare

last Q of yours, answered: Upon entering Sutare, Tabatha scans "far ahead" with her DYSA (Distance Yoki Sensing Ability), and they decide to go north (within Sutare) to rescue Anastasia's group and investigate the strange Yoki "up" (north) there too.

Joe7133
February 10, 2011, 05:23 AM
Anyway, here is the map so you can see it for yourself.

http://www.mangareader.net/485-29394-3/claymore/chapter-83.html

Chapter 83 page 3 show's the actual map of their country. Looking at the map, I don't see how they can still go north and then east. Just don't make sense to me. Unless the lab is not north but it's actually north of the eastern territory. Then all the thing said about North for the boys is all wrong too. And again, with all the sensor type Claymore could have detect all the male AB too. This doesn't seem logical.

----------------------------------------------------------

Re-reading this chapter. http://www.mangareader.net/485-29395-28/claymore/chapter-84.html

I finding it clear what Rubel intention of trying to cover up Miria group or even go to trying to get rid of them. It's been what the Organization was trying to achieve. Rubel is so sly.

wickedsmile
February 10, 2011, 03:07 PM
Rubel is man with his own agenda. Clearly he didn't tell the Organization of Irene's desertion nor did he tell the Organization about Priscilla's true awakening. Otherwise, the number 3 ranked Galatea would have known about her. Also, how did Rafaela discover Irene? She had hidden her youki for so many years, I don't believe a single warrior would have identified her. However, Rafaela who was alive at the time clearly knew to whom the aura belonged. Who but Rubel would have sent Rafaela to execute Irene. Apart from Clare, Irene remained the only witness to Priscilla awakening.

Also, while Dae addressed Rimulto and the other MIBs, he didn't make any mention of Priscialla. Instead, in his thoughts, he knew a "great pain had returned."

His actions don't always benefit the Organization but they don't always benefit the Ghosts as well. Clare should have just lopped his head off at their unexpected reunion, seven years after the fall of Pieta.

ws

warriorofvirtue
February 18, 2011, 09:07 PM
I think this chapter was set up clearly for the organization to make Raki into a claymore. Think about it. He is already crazy strong for a human, making him into a Claymore would be incredible. So the organization gets to take someone with excellent potential and give them some demon meat. :P My guess is they implant him with Isley.

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGG!!! I didn't get enough of that Isley Awakened form. It would be cool if Raki could somehow have dual awakenings and control them.............part of me doesn't want this to turn out cause it would change the manga.
[hr]
Of course I wouldn't mind seeing a return of Rigardo or somethin.

wickedsmile
February 19, 2011, 03:09 AM
The true sense of irony is if the Organization used Raki as a weapon against the Ghosts. In the end, it would come down to a confrontation between Clare and Raki with one ending the life of the other. It has a sadistic twist to it that befits the Organization's actions. It's an event that would have implications and rammifications on par with Clare killing Teresa or vice versa.

Also, if the Organization did use him as a weapon, they could use him to counter Priscilla. It's evident that he knew of Priscilla's true "awakened nature." However, from the few panels that Yagi drew of both of them, it's apparent that Raki became quite fond of Priscilla. Ignoring the fact that Priscilla means to kill Clare, I wonder if Raki could actually draw his sword against his former travelling companion of the northern lands.

ws

HegemonKhan
February 19, 2011, 03:22 AM
chapter 81 pages 21-22:

Raki said he would:

If Priscilla started to eat humans again, he would try to stop her.

Priscilla indeed return to her cruel Awakened mentality, and he somehow survived with Priscilla's arm impaled into his back...

(jokingly-somewhat...) he's got to be inhuman... to survive having a (censored) arm impaled deep/fully* into his back !!!!!!

*Priscilla's arm had to be entirely submerged inside his back, as if it stuck out, I'd think Dae and the Retrieval Unit BCs would instantly know/suspect that his "hunchback" is the source of him resisting the 2 small hellcat projectiles in his left shoulder, lol.

-------------------------------------------

there's a debate though about:

was Priscilla trying to kill him or save him?

and did he actually try or at least intended to try to kill Priscilla, or not?

wickedsmile
February 20, 2011, 01:38 PM
From what I gathered, Priscilla did not intend to kill Raki and did attempt to help him, after the Destroyer impaled him with the two projectiles. We know that she used Raki to track the source of Clare's scent that lingered on him. Perhaps, she held a small sense of gratitude towards Raki, which stayed the ultimate blow.

It wouldn't be first time that Priscilla failed to kill someone. Ilena did survive her encounter. Whether by design or by luck, I hope that Yagi will elaborate on this, in future chapters.

I honestly think that Raki grew fond of Priscilla. He did travel with her for many years. Even Isley remarked that there was a small sense of family that existed between the three. He lamented its short life and ending as his own flashed upon him. Imho, it's one of the more poignant scenes in the entire manga.

ws

HegemonKhan
February 20, 2011, 09:03 PM
Raki says that he's more doing it, to follow in Clare's footsteps. Clare helped him, so he's "helping" Priscilla. He seems to merely have a companion relationship with Priscilla, caring about her just to look out for her (not that she actually needs it, lol), than actually really caring about her. He doesn't like or love her, unlike how he does with Clare. He seems himself as her guardian, as a duty, and not an intimately personal interest in doing so. He's friendly with her, but he has no actual intimate interest in her. He's doing it more as a duty, versus truly caring about her.

at least this is what I gleamed from his chat with Renee about Priscilla while they were all in his home town, Doga Town.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the Problems with Priscilla+Raki 's "divorce":

If Priscilla wanted to kill him, he should definately be easily dead/killed by her. Even if she was attacking him, trying to kill him, and he reacted in time to cut off her arm before she sends her tentacles all over the inside of his body (like how she killed Riful), she could still kill him just like that with another attack. So, this seems to suggest sh wasn't trying to kill him, as she did let him live, as nothing nor he could stop her had she wanted to kill him.

However, impaling an arm into Raki, and leaving it inside him, is a bit suspicious as well, and not very "caring", lol. We know Priscilla's flesh was preventing the Infection Ability of the two small hellcat projectiles in his shoulder, but couldn't she just send a tentacle into him, and not her entire arm... To me, the only thing that makes sense with her arm being impaled into his back, is if she was attacking him (doing so from behind as well - impaling her arm into his back, suggests this too) and he thus cut off her arm with his broad sword. However, even if he managed to do this, Priscilla could have killed him just like that with another attack...

either option (Priscilla trying to kill him or save him), doesn't make much sense to me, argh...

also... if she was trying to kill Raki, it's amazingly inhuman that he could react in time to cut off her arm, and then somehow survive if she tried to kill him again... until for whatever reason she took off and left him alive. He would have the speed of Noel, Clare, Deneve, and/or Helen, as they're the only ones that could move fast enough against Priscilla thus far.

ZERO PHOENIX
February 21, 2011, 12:22 PM
From what I gathered, Priscilla did not intend to kill Raki and did attempt to help him, after the Destroyer impaled him with the two projectiles.

True.

It wouldn't be first time that Priscilla failed to kill someone. Ilena did survive her encounter. Whether by design or by luck, I hope that Yagi will elaborate on this, in future chapters.

There really isn't anything to elaborate on. Priscilla thought she killed Ilena. She didn't. That's really all there is to it. There is nothing to elaborate on. Ilena already said that after she was struck down she pretended to be dead so as to save herself during that incident.

Raki says that he's more doing it, to follow in Clare's footsteps. Clare helped him, so he's "helping" Priscilla.

Where does he say this?

He seems himself as her guardian, as a duty, and not an intimately personal interest in doing so. He's friendly with her, but he has no actual intimate interest in her. He's doing it more as a duty, versus truly caring about her.

Where does he say this?

at least this is what I gleamed from his chat with Renee about Priscilla while they were all in his home town, Doga Town.

So he doesn't actually say this.

However, impaling an arm into Raki, and leaving it inside him, is a bit suspicious as well, and not very "caring", lol. We know Priscilla's flesh was preventing the Infection Ability of the two small hellcat projectiles in his shoulder, but couldn't she just send a tentacle into him, and not her entire arm...

Not really. Those prods carry with it the infectious will of the Destroyer, a being that probably surpassed the AO. Priscilla herself also surpassed the AO but in order to hold back the power, the infectious will of the Destroyer, Priscilla probably needed to infect Raki with a substantial amount of yoki. While it is true that she could simply have elongated a tentacle or two using her arm was probably necessary in saving Raki's life.

also... if she was trying to kill Raki, it's amazingly inhuman that he could react in time to cut off her arm, and then somehow survive if she tried to kill him again...

That's really out there Khan. :-_- I didn't see Raki's sword anywhere near him at the time and I doubt he would have had the speed, power, and precision to cut off Priscilla's arm if she were trying to kill him. He couldn't even stand so it's highly unlikely that he would get up, grab his sword, cut off Priscilla's arm, and repel her until she got bored with him and turned her attention elsewhere. Priscilla killed Alicia and Beth within five minutes and she wasn't even trying. I find it hard to believe that Raki would still be alive if Priscilla actually was trying to kill her.

HegemonKhan
February 21, 2011, 06:46 PM
Raki's comments+bahviors in regards to Priscilla

chapters 80, 81, and 110

you can look for yourself, see if you agree with my assessment/interpretation or not, and give your own too, if you have a different conclusion, if you're interested in doing so.

shouryuujo
February 23, 2011, 02:02 PM
what if raki is made into a claymore using miria's dead flesh like claire? that would be devastating to the ghosts and claire.

Asahina
February 23, 2011, 05:09 PM
Raki's speed or strength isn't truly my concern. I would rather like to know if Raki's personality will change...

HegemonKhan
February 23, 2011, 06:13 PM
The cheerful Raki we saw in his home town, Doga Town, chatting with Renee/Rene/Rune/Lune with Priscilla by his side, was very different than him in Ticheri Town when Priscilla "divorces" him.

It's too hard to say even what Raki's personality is, he seemed grown up-cheerful... and then we see him back to his child-hood personality-crying-angry-struggling, let alone if his personality changed. we don't even know what his normal personality is...

heck... I'd even venture... it's possible... he's become like Isley (and Priscilla)... seeming all sweet and kind (and innocent-cheerful-good natured)... only to be the most cruelest... hehe :D

Spartacus
February 25, 2011, 07:59 PM
6-10 more days till we see the next chapter.
I've been wondering why those people who command the claymores wear black...

HegemonKhan
February 25, 2011, 08:52 PM
White-grey/light clothed Claymores and black/dark clothed Black Coats and the Black Ones, Alicia+Beth.

I can't remember if the Ghosts had dark clothes as well or not.

There might indeed be a significance/symbolism, such as the (Org) Claymores having white/grey clothing to represent their innocence, nievity, and ignorance.

Also, maybe the dark clothes are a symbol of power too...