PDA

View Full Version : How did you get your username?

Pages : [1] 2 3

rhapsody blue
December 12, 2006, 11:59 PM
I was wonder how everyone picked his/her username. There's a lot of unique names here and I'm curious how you decided on yours.

My username is a nickname my friends gave me my first year of college. A lot of people mispronounce my last name, which amused a lot of people. She thought it would be fun to combine the first initial of my name with the mispronunciation of my last name; hence snoogen (pronounced sa-nugent). The 0120 is just a reference to my birthday.

kiddo7
December 13, 2006, 02:47 AM
I was trying to think of a generic username Icould easily remember that would not give away ro much about myself. and since I have at the time recently seen Kill Bill 1&2, I picked the name of the protagonist.

manu
December 13, 2006, 02:57 AM
Amanuel is my first name

A"manu"el

Nickname i got in high school ^^

Dragonzair
December 13, 2006, 12:32 PM
I like dragons. And that was a time when I was still into Pokemon :oh But I didn't want to use the real name, so I added the 'z', which sounds prettier. :D

I've been using this since 2000. XD

weiss-raine
December 13, 2006, 01:51 PM
Well, my username weiss-raine is a combination of two. weiss means white and I like the way it sounded so I picked that. raine came from my crush's name and I added an e to make it sound more feminine. After that I combined the two so that's about it I guess.

One Eyed Sharingan
December 13, 2006, 01:56 PM
hmmm.....i'm a Kakashi fanboy, i'm pretty simple ain't i?

Tamerlane
December 13, 2006, 03:08 PM
Goodness I have been using this name for years....to the point I can not even really remember where I picked it up. o_O

I know that it is the title of an Edgar Allen Poe poem and that it was the name of a Turkish warlord (who was very brutal).

If someone asks me where the name is from I normally point them in the direction of the poem....but to be very honest I did not read the poem until 2 years ago and I have been using the name long before that.

....it just always has sounded right to me to be using it. ^_______^

delete
December 13, 2006, 03:21 PM
I couldn't come up with a username so I just looked at the keyboard and yah... ^^

Galth
December 13, 2006, 03:29 PM
....it just always has sounded right to me to be using it. ^_______^

Sounds like a streetname in london where they had lots of S&M basements, eh, are you sure it's so you-ish? :oh (j/k)

My username... has been with me for a few years now, Khaludh is the original form, i first used it as the name for my Tomb Prince ( egyptian skeleton lord from the warhammer tabletop miniature battle game - full name: Khaludh III, son of Sekhmett, of Lybaras ), and i later used it as the name of a medieval prince from a country inspired on germany ( named Leitz ) in a story i was writing... When i first got here i had my name as Khaludh, but shortly afterwards i changed it to just "Khal", because everyone kept typoing it... ;____; But now i'm back at my roots :D

ttxdragon
December 13, 2006, 04:07 PM
uhhh.... i won't write the whole history here... it got from 'bigearthdragon88' over 'dragon_on_fire' to 'ttxdragon'

as you can see, all have dragon in it... i love dragons - asian dragons to be more precise, i can't stand the european/celtic versions.
what's more, my chinese zodiac is a earthdragon.
the 'ttx' means tetrodotoxin - a very potent poison. the blowfish is the most widely known animal that contains it, i think.
yeah, so, i love the poisons name and sound and dragons.
so, i combined it...
the reason for the namechanges were in-game things from some games... until i got stuck with 'ttxdragon' and 'ttx' to abbreviate it, if there is a very low char-limit...

nothing spectacular huh?

rabb
December 13, 2006, 04:25 PM
when i was 13, i was the only person in my family who was good with maps, and we were moving back across the country for the second time (2000+ miles) and i was relaying instructions to them with a walkie talkie. because of this, they started calling me "rabbit" as my favorite movie was Twister, and the guy with the maps was named rabbit. about a year after that, my girlfriend started calling me Rabbi. that lasted for about a week. we then droped the i, and Rabbs been my sn since i was 14.

LadyHatake
December 13, 2006, 04:55 PM
Hm, let's see. Well, I love Kakashi, and I could see myself married to him, and LadyHatake would be one (formal) way to address the wife of Kakashi, and it sounded cute, so I decided to use it ^^

ijoit3k
December 13, 2006, 05:28 PM
Hm, as for me..ijoi is my nickname since i'm just a little boy use by my family...so i added "tek"(malay Version) to make it sounded like "tech" (english version)...but since tek sounded like tetek(malay) which mean boobs(english).. i use number 3 as substitute for the aph 'e' which is i think cool XD

Hermie
December 13, 2006, 07:42 PM
Well this is the story, all 'bout how
My life got turned upside down...

(Not really. <.<)

My usual online handle is/was Herminator (real name Herman, so it's a pun, not just a random typo of "Terminator"), but decided to have it shortened for practical reasons.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 13, 2006, 08:33 PM
It's obvious that i'm a fan of Ichimaru Gin. I added the tonic part cause when i was in my second year of high school, Oasis (one of my favourite band) made their debut album with their single Supersonic. They mention gin & tonic somewhere in the song and i just happened to be listening to it while i was registering here.

Xophien
December 14, 2006, 05:21 AM
Xophien is the name of a character in a fanfic I wrote a long time ago. I was looking for an original name, and ended up with this one, that is an anagram of Phoenix, my past username. Since there are just too many people called phoenix out there, I decided to keep Xophien (plus I like the sound of it :amuse).

Tamerlane
December 14, 2006, 10:44 AM
Sounds like a streetname in london where they had lots of S&M basements, eh, are you sure it's so you-ish? :oh (j/k)

>__________<

I have never been to London and S&M things scare me.

.........and this is why people get pointed to the poem instead. :oh

Ayah
December 14, 2006, 11:13 AM
I was stumped on thinking of a username when I was about to register in a certain message board so I decided to use the last 4 letters of my surname spelled backwards :p

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 14, 2006, 11:25 AM
I was stumped on thinking of a username when I was about to register in a certain message board so I decided to use the last 4 letters of my surname spelled backwards :p
Well, somebody probably told you this before. in my language, Ayah means Dad/Father. :D

Ayah
December 14, 2006, 11:37 AM
I know :sweat Well, I didn't until I joined MH. I've also heard from conan that a verse from the Qur'an is called an ayah too.

EDIT:
2222nd post!

bax
December 14, 2006, 11:47 AM
Okay, how I get it? o.O

No secret actually. It was ight off the bat. I thought what is it for an e-handle on MH, so then I decided on "baxteristic". As far as I'm concern, no meanings at all in this world. Try to google it. You'll be directed back to MH or the IGN Titan's Quest Vault page ^^ (yes, baxteristic on that site is me)

But recently, I shorten it to only "bax".

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 14, 2006, 11:50 AM
I know :sweat Well, I didn't until I joined MH. I've also heard from conan that a verse from the Qur'an is called an ayah too.

EDIT:
2222nd post!
Yup, but in my language it's pronounced and read ayat.

Congrats. *Gives Ayah a big jar filled with big choco chip cookies*
Hmm... i seem to missed my 333 post.

ibra87
December 14, 2006, 03:05 PM
I stole it.

Galth
December 14, 2006, 03:53 PM
I stole it.

Dunno if it's true or not, but that post is just so totally ibra XD

qwan3356
December 14, 2006, 09:18 PM
I got my name from the rapper Ray Quan awhile back, so i changed the quan to qwan and the 33 stand for the group that my cuz's and i made in h.s. and the 5 is the day i was born, and the 6 represents the # of ppl in my family. so hence the qwan3356, lol.

Fugitive
December 14, 2006, 09:35 PM
My handle is my nickname given to me by my fraternity.
Simple...

Pevee
December 14, 2006, 10:13 PM
You'll be surprised about how long I've been using this, since elementary school XD (i'm still in high school so it's not that long)!
It's my initial PV., I just added the e's (i also gave a little credit to pokemon) and ended up with my name here and i like it.

eni
December 15, 2006, 08:03 AM
My nick is ... how boring ... just the middle part of my first name aka a shortform >.>

My alternative nick - Taheca (which you can find as my deviantart, msn acc or last.fm nick), is my first name in Al Bhed <.<

AreoXIII
December 16, 2006, 08:41 AM
Well I always use Areo in a username because...Nintendo Power sends me magazines and they spelled my name wrong(Arieo)so I took out some letters and put Areo because people pronounce my real name like that. Its pronounced Aaah-rio(the kinda aah you say when your dentist asks you to take your tongue out)

:yondaime

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
December 16, 2006, 10:21 AM
Its pronounced Aaah-rio(the kinda aah you say when your dentist asks you to take your tongue out)

:yondaime
I hope pronouncing your name dont come with a drilling sound in my mouth (that's what always happens to me everytime the dentist tells me to say Aaah...) :D

AreoXIII
December 16, 2006, 10:43 AM
I hope pronouncing your name dont come with a drilling sound in my mouth (that's what always happens to me everytime the dentist tells me to say Aaah...) :D

lol,try getting a needle in your cheek :turtle

jairdan6
December 16, 2006, 10:42 PM
try getting a needle stuck in your pen15 *teeheedirtyteehee*. not that that's happened to me, but i'd imagine it'd hurt.

i think i found this name on some babyname website then added a 6 at the end for funsies

Pevee
December 16, 2006, 11:12 PM
i think i found this name on some babyname website then added a 6 at the end for funsies

that's cute!

~Lilium~
December 17, 2006, 09:44 PM
Mine is pretty simply I just typed down the first word that popped into my head which was "yay'' and my favorite number ''70''. :)

Kazu-kun
December 17, 2006, 09:54 PM
My manga conception's main character was named Kazu, so I just thought Kazu-kun...

rankgain
December 18, 2006, 02:14 AM
My name is a jumble of my crush's name. Boy, was I obsessed... But I use it for everything now, since it's just easier. Sorta my tribute to her... Don't judge me!

Leen
December 18, 2006, 02:49 AM
It's my name. :nuts
Last time, we(a few mods and I) had a debate whether to use Eileen or Leen. The poll ended up favoring Eileen so that's how this name came about. Leen is still my nickname all over this forum for some except for LadyHatake who calls me Ein. XD

Talec
December 18, 2006, 03:05 AM
I like dragons. And that was a time when I was still into Pokemon :oh But I didn't want to use the real name, so I added the 'z', which sounds prettier. :D

I've been using this since 2000. XD

Yay, Pokémon! X3

My nick was originally my character's nick, from back in 1998. I had just made up a character for use in the Jazz Jackrabbit 2 fandom, but he needed a name.
...What better place to get a character name than a word-search puzzle?
I don't really know what I was thinking, either, but it was a shaped puzzle and right there on one side was 'T A L E C', and I thought, That sounds cool. I'll use that!

And then when I joined the message board of said fandom, I needed a username. So I stole my character's. And I've used it ever since. =D

DemonDays
December 19, 2006, 01:50 PM
Im a big Gorillaz fan and DemonDays is the name of one of their albums.
Its the name i mostly use all the time now. Occasionally its beat_masterxo.

BlueChild
December 19, 2006, 07:12 PM
i was watching the movie "Hidalgo", with Viggo mortensen as protagonist ---> Viggo Fangirl
and an indian woman called him "Blue Child". i really liked that, so i stuck to it and it became my username

ILUVATAR
December 27, 2006, 04:45 PM
well many people when they see my nickname they think it says I-LUV-ATAR = I love my avatar or something xD
anyhow ILUVATAR is what you could call a god in Middle Earth (aka in J.R.R. Tolkien's Trilogy Lord of the Rings)
NOT that i think of my self a god. i liked the name, none else used it and i kept it :D
i would have logged in as Lord_Sephiroth which is my most used username and more beloved (from the moment i have Sephiroth as a god _o_ :D :rofl) but...... >.> i don't actually remember why i didn't o.o

aky0
December 30, 2006, 07:03 PM
at first, it was ky0, but a lot of people are confusing about it, because there are a lot of kyo, even a music crew named kyo. So I decided to add the first letter of my real name on it, so now, it's aky0.

Why I chose kyo ? because I like the character Kyo Kusanagi, from SNK -> King of fighters.

bleachboy88
December 31, 2006, 05:47 PM
Mines pretty simple. :amuse

My favorite series is bleach, I'm a boy, and I was born in 1988.

juUnior
January 02, 2007, 10:30 AM
Nohing special really. I was having everywhere where i was to have to logged i had "Mati" due to having it in real life before firiends, but where i was, it was already in use, so i figured I would use Piccolo's nickname on the Tenkaichi budoaki "junior", but it was also popluar .. so i added second "U" like with some accent to it like saying "dzuuunior" and when i first started using it I'm using till nowadays. ^^

Nami
February 11, 2007, 06:16 AM
A friend of mine did a Japanese translation of my name and it ended up as 'Nami Tomonori'.
Tomonori seems such a mouthful, so I ended up using Nami (easier to remember)...but come to think of it, I've never double check on whether is it correct...what if it means something else?? :omg!!

bakashijinsan
February 11, 2007, 07:32 AM
was a bit curious about the japanese language when I was in elementary and me and my bro stumbled on a copy of DragonBall manga back then. We wanted to read it so we bought a cheap japanese dictionary. I was reading it and saw that the word shijin means poet. I was in to poetry back then. Later as the years go by, I learned the word baka and san so I added them with shijin to produce bakashijinsan which in my head means Mr. Stupid Poet. Dunno if its correct though, but I've been using it for years. :amuse

kyubisharingan
February 11, 2007, 08:10 PM
i got my name(kyuubisharingan) cuz.....i liked the nine tailed fox, and i like the sharingan doujutsu^^

exo15
February 11, 2007, 08:38 PM
Mine i got From METAL GEAR.. fave character "EXOSKELETON"..i got the first 3 letters and add my Favorite number "15"!!!! (exo15)....

Goji
February 13, 2007, 03:01 PM
Mine comes from two words: the "Go" comes from Gohan ('cause he is my favorite character from DragonBall Z, which was my first manga/anime I ever read/saw) and the "ji" comes from PJ which is an abbreviation of my name "Pieter-Jan".

But I thought "Goj" didn't sound so good, so I added the "i" at the end.

And voila Goji was born! ^^

sahugani
February 13, 2007, 03:21 PM
sahugani comes from the first PS2 game i ever played, Summoner, and despite its less than fantastic reviews, its one of my favorites. i ended up using it as my username in many locations cause i liked the name and i rarely found that it was already used so i never had to alter it with numbers or symbols

jZuave
February 13, 2007, 03:32 PM
my username is just my first initial and the last name..."suave" means smooth in spanish. so there you go :eyeroll

Ethan Hunt
February 15, 2007, 02:36 PM
im a big fan of tom cruise and the misiion impossible movies

War
February 17, 2007, 04:13 AM
Apart from manga, I'm a fan of Marvel too.

I loved Angel especially, and in Ultimate X-Men, he was nicknamed 'War' (from Warrington)

Thus, my name.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 17, 2007, 09:20 AM
Well then you came to the right place, True Believer. Click here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?board=433.0) for more Marvel goodies. Excelsior! :D

Paper
February 17, 2007, 11:46 AM
level4paperboy was my gamespot user status when i first joined stoptazmo (it was my nick in stoptazmo too). i've also plaid and seen the old "paperboy" games for the old nintendo consoles. the name kinda stuck since i "gstalked" the name and no none else was using it, so i decided to keep it for my self! my precious! i'm also called level4paperboy in rotten tomatoes, guild wars, rappelez, and guild wars factions.....my status in gamespot though is no longer l4pb but level11atomicpunk....but i like paperboy better!

starfall856
February 20, 2007, 03:38 PM
mine came form the song Helana

came and time
when every star fall
brought you to tears again

(these are the words that i hear idk if their right)

NigG_NamE
February 20, 2007, 06:00 PM
Mmh my realname is nick, so i wanted something with it in.
Then i thougt, nickname, funny, a word made out of my name and the word "name"
Then i thougt that its an all-used one, and i changed it into NigG_NamE.
That would probably not used by another person...yeah..^^

fireburst
February 20, 2007, 06:05 PM
When I was registering at a manga forum, I happened to be eating flaming hot cheetos and sour starburst (because I like to eat healthy! ^_^) Since flamingburst sounds kinda lame, I thought fire = flaming and got fireburst. I am so original. -__-;;

kisit
March 01, 2007, 09:44 AM
^lol wow that is some combination!

I've had my username for years...short version: I first started using it after someone ticked me off while I was playing StarCraft online (yah..old I know) and my response was kiss my ***...so that morphed into kisit an it kinda stuck. ^^;

cherryenchanted
March 20, 2007, 01:47 PM
My username, cherryenchanted came from my yahoomail account name, in which it is also my email registered here in MH...so that I may not forgot, signing in my username...

Sai_the_Shaman
March 20, 2007, 06:02 PM
Mine came from my AIM. At the time I was really into Shaman King and I always liked the name Sai......so thats sort of how I made it up. (I'm not that imaginative lol)

ginousuke
March 21, 2007, 07:27 AM
From my 2 favorite characters in Bleach, Ichimaru Gin and Aizen Sousuke. Taking their first name and then combine it ^^

Jumo
March 24, 2007, 10:14 AM
Arg! the username!?. It was supposed to be Jumonji, got it from my favorite character in Eyeshield 21, but out of my laziness I didn't finished typing his name.

~Lilium~
March 24, 2007, 06:50 PM
I got mine from elfen lied. It's actually the opening song. I didn't even know it was a flower until someone asked me if my name was from the flower... :sweat

Beam
March 27, 2007, 02:31 PM
My name is Maxime Beaulieu take the BEA from Beaulieu and then put the M from Maxime at the end. Beam. Also its the beginning of the code on my health insurance card, well its the same for everyone in Quebec with a card.

iThePirate
March 31, 2007, 10:53 AM
How I got it? Asked for it to be changed to iThePirate.

Why I chose iThePirate? Sounds plain cool, and pirates are evil and cool. :P

deathshadow25
April 02, 2007, 08:49 PM
I chose this name for myself when I first started cruising the internet so it's nostaligic

ami
April 04, 2007, 02:57 PM
the last the middle and the first letters from my real name XD

Rolland0
April 06, 2007, 07:18 PM
My dad was going to name me Roland. I'm bad at spelling, so I decided to add an extra l. As for the 0, that is the number of thoughts in my head at any given time.:D :clap

pseudorca
April 17, 2007, 06:24 AM
pseudorca is the genus name for the false killer whale (Pseudorca crassidens)
it literally means false-orca ^.^
(you might have probably guessed by now that I love whales, lol)

bebekhappy
May 03, 2007, 07:46 PM
Bebek = Duck In english.
I was baptisted by this name in senior high LoL, when one of my friend complaing how i walk so slow like a duck and as noisy as a duck...he mock me and called me that.soon everyone who know me call me that too...and so i get used to it ^^.
When i registered here that's the only namei can think but i don't want it just "Bebek" so i put Happy on it. Sounds funny and also remember me too my ex name.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
May 03, 2007, 07:56 PM
So your ex' name is also Bebek? or Happy? :XD

bebekhappy
May 03, 2007, 07:58 PM
Ahahah...her name's Happy...:p.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
May 03, 2007, 08:09 PM
so Happy made you sad?

kiddo7
May 03, 2007, 08:55 PM
Happy is her nickname right? it is not her real name is it?

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
May 03, 2007, 08:57 PM
I think it's her real name. One of my friend's name is also Happy. Guess what his nickname is. :XD

Az3r
May 04, 2007, 05:16 AM
My turn!

My username is a fraction of my surname, read backwards. The reason I use this username is... I don't know:notrust , for me it's kind of cool. I don't know what others think, and I just "give the other fella hell...". :darn

amar_kun
May 04, 2007, 06:01 AM
so az3r, your surname is r3za? how to pronounce the number '3'? :s

btw, amar is my real name.. while kun is.. you know.. all of read manga so you should have known what is kun by now :amuse

Dark soul within
May 04, 2007, 08:13 AM
I'm afraid the reasoning behind mine isn't nearly as interesting as some others. I just like things like being out when there's a full moon, shadows, the colour black etc etc and i have quite a dark sense of humour therefore I decided to create a name base on that context & came up with Dark soul within...it' not very original I'll grant you but when I was creating my profile i was in a bit of a rush & didn't put that much consideration into it. :XD

Az3r
May 04, 2007, 07:55 PM
so az3r, your surname is r3za? how to pronounce the number '3'? :s

Well, 3 is the replacement of the letter 'e'. There you go.

amar_kun
May 04, 2007, 08:04 PM
whoa.. reza.. now it sounds like an indonesian name to me!:amuse:amuse

bebekhappy
May 06, 2007, 03:36 AM
ehehe. ..yeah i've got lots of friends with that name^^

@kiddo7 : yeah it's her real name.
@icimaru : eerrmmm.... yeah :P.

Az3r
May 06, 2007, 05:01 AM
Ehehe... but only a few of my friends call me with that name, and they usually quite a 'stranger' to me... :darn

Roanapur
May 06, 2007, 05:27 PM
It's based on an internet meme/IRL slang that a few friends of mine use quite often. Since I like to make gifs, I got the idea to start making Haterade gifs to use as avys and sigs on another forum(NF, for those that would be curious).

I liked the final results of them so much that I decided to change my name to Haterade on that forum, and decided that at any subsequent forum that I join I would use the name.

Ironically, despite this name, I'm one of the most laid back and mellow ppl out there.

erikrhys
May 08, 2007, 03:11 PM
my first name is Erik, and my middle name is Rhys......so.......Erik+Rhys=Erikrhys....^_^......

woody_green
May 13, 2007, 01:31 AM
I missed eating asparagus one day, and I just described it while signing up for NB Forums. Asparagus is my favorite vegetable.

Yes, I know I'm weird.

nabil
May 20, 2007, 01:43 PM
From my name.
I knows its normal n too common!

AishaClanClan
May 20, 2007, 06:30 PM
Mines not that cool but its from the anime/manga Outlaw Star (MY FAVORITE^_^)
And I just desided to use it because everyone of my freinds that have seen the anime think I act like her.(I dont think I do, but oh well).

kiddo7
May 20, 2007, 10:24 PM
you must be quite the character if your friends are to be trusted.

You wil fit in perfectly with the rest of us here :grin

itsumobasho
May 20, 2007, 11:27 PM
I got my nick from Kingdom Hearts II. I don't particularly like the game, but the first area is called itsumobasho, which was translated into "The Usual Place", which I thought had a good ring to it, so I used this for my Japanese nickname. My english nickname (Reno) comes from the city of Reno, Nevada, the location of Video Armageddon, from the movie The Wizard. ^^

GrayFoxx
May 24, 2007, 02:52 PM
My nick is a name of a character from game called "Metal Gear Solid" (It's a fantastic game by the way :)), and the other reason are foxes, they are so cute (did I sound like gay ? :headscratch)

rhapsody blue
May 26, 2007, 07:48 PM
i have to say that i love your sig grayfoxx :rofl

GrayFoxx
May 26, 2007, 09:02 PM
i have to say that i love your sig grayfoxx :rofl
Thanks Snoogy :amuse I like it too :p

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 08:44 AM
It's the underwater prison from One Piece.

kkeroscenee
June 01, 2007, 10:47 AM
me and my friends were thinking of cool words that begin with same letter as the first letter of our first name. like mike madness

and the only words i thought were kid, kangaroo and king. then i found on purevolume a band called the keresene kids and thought it was cool. then i just made it kkeroscenee

Ridley
June 07, 2007, 12:55 PM
Ridley comes from Ridley Silverlake, a character from an RPG made by Square Enix titled Radiata Stories. She's the heroine of the game =D

taniquetil
June 08, 2007, 12:24 PM
Taniquetil is the name of the highest mountain in the SIlmarillion. It's a Lord of the Rings thing. The gods live on top of the mountain.

Pollux
June 20, 2007, 08:44 AM
Pollux is name of the dog in the children's television le Manège Enchanté (programme known as the Magic Roundabout in English if I remember correctly). A friend called me that because I had long hair... and it stayed.

dcn
June 21, 2007, 06:42 AM
For me it's really simple, my favorite character of Naruto is Kakashi so : Da Copy Ninja ^^

Deadfire
June 27, 2007, 08:12 PM
Deadfire Noun

1. An attack usually done with a rocket launcher (however other weapons are not unheard of) without the aid of aiming or anything that may help to allow for a greater chance to hit the target. The target in this case is instead fired upon with more firepower then what would seem necessity. Seen in many multiplayer FPS games, where it is seen at least one person using this tactic. More commonly it is seen done by players called "Rocket whores" firing volleys of rockets in their general direction of their targets.

2. ME :P

Ju-da-su
June 28, 2007, 09:15 AM
Judas from Tales of Destiny 2. Basically, he is my favorite character in the Tales series, so I just named after him but change it to (kind of like) the romanji of the name. Also, because this is an English forums. ^_^"

MadDog
June 28, 2007, 09:32 AM
MadDog comes from a rugby nickname that my teamates gave me. It's one of those stupid things where everyone gets a nickname, but mine stuck for some reason. Can't say that I get mad all that often, but I'm a big fan of dogs.

Paz42
June 28, 2007, 05:51 PM
Paz is short for Pazuzu which has been my screen name on many websites since back in the day on Mplayer if any one remembers that it was shortend to paz by my Ex girlfriend who would only call me that rather then my real name or general real life nickname and 42 is the meaning of life from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

Decir
July 01, 2007, 03:40 AM
The story is......

My old nick was Decopter75. At this time I had also problems in french with -ir verbs. So, it was a short thing.

At this time I had never imagined that it would mean anything in Spain....

gela
July 04, 2007, 01:21 AM
Mines boring realy:

my real name=
angela

take of the an=
gela

Iv never been good with screen names tho I quite like this one.

weixiaobao
July 08, 2007, 12:27 AM
i had many different nicknames on this site before i was saw a PM warning to stop shanging my nick lol...

originally
movingstone: a character from my story which i was too lazy to continue it..
then i change my nick to
condorhero: get it from the condor hero trilogy novel by Jinyong
rabb-destroyer: having an agrument with rabb.. (i lost upcoarse)
therealmugen: try to made fun of mugen but failed...

then finally i stuck with
weixiaobao: the main character from duke of mount deer another novel from jinyong..

erurainon
July 11, 2007, 09:27 AM
Hi!

I usually have this one... Erurainon is my name (Joan, John in English) in Tolkien's Elvish. Quite weird, but I actually like it. Ciao!!

yoniekai
July 11, 2007, 09:47 AM
this is way before i heard yondaime. i've been making comics since i was a fetus so one time i need a name for a young emperor with a japanese touch, and yon kaishii came up, then one day i made it cuter to appeal more to chatrooms :D

Ominae
July 11, 2007, 06:37 PM
Mine's obvious.

Any Spriggan fan/reader should know this. LOL.

Aesahaettr_reborn
July 17, 2007, 10:54 PM
I read Phillip Pulman's book the trilogy of the dark matter
And on the second book one of the character uses a dagger called Aesahaettr which means god destroyer but the purpose of the dagger itself wasn't supposed to kill god.
(confused? yes me too but I understand eventually. well not going Out of Topic)

somehow somebody has subscribed to mangahelpers using Aesahaettr so I decided to reborn it. That's how my name comes up

prag_27
July 19, 2007, 03:07 AM
my user name comes from the first four letters of my name and then underscore and then my birth date!!! XD prag_27!!! TA DA~~~~~ I used to have Hiken_No_Ace in another forum =P....because I think he's sooooo coooool in one piece XD.........and then now i have eragon_99....in another forum coz..I wanted to change username and eragon is one of my fav novels and 99 is one of the number's I use as a soccer team player thing...im in the soccer team yeah...that's why....im not that good though =='

albert_2mb
July 20, 2007, 12:38 PM
anyone playing DDR here?

since 2MB is one of my fave artist of all time, and that he's created a lot of great songs for the game, that's why I decided to adopt the name to my nickname.. it's kinda confusing when people think of it as 2 megabytes, though ~_~

prag_27
July 22, 2007, 12:19 PM
LOL!!! 2 megabytes!!! LMAO...so true!! is that a name of a gun or something? 2mb?

rikki
July 25, 2007, 06:26 AM
Simple, it's my first name. I also go under the name of keis (my gaming tag and other forums name, I think it was taken here so I went with my name). If those fail, kiosk or keii.

ryusuke_
July 25, 2007, 06:51 AM
I usually used my first name, Ferran, but got tired of it and started thinking about a new nickname. Don't know how, I typed "damnz" instead of "damn" in the irc and liked how did it look, so I put it as my new nickname :p

Mashmaro
August 03, 2007, 07:11 AM
Marshmallow---Marshamallow-Mashmaro

The thing started in December 2005...I was with my little brother (orokanaru ototo yo) buying
sweets and I thought in it...the magic word. Damn spelling mistake! I registered DA with Marshamallow nick. MarSHmallow was already taken...In 2006, I bought a yummy Japanese marshmallow, read the letters...I-chi-go ma-shi-ma-ro (Yeha, like an anime of the same name!) Does "shi" in foreign words pronounce like "sh"? (or the Japanese Ashita) So it! Mashmaro! 8D

ILUVATAR
August 07, 2007, 03:19 PM
ah ^^ what can i say in this one. this nickname i use here is the one i picked my self and it's the name of the god (or divine entity or whatever) in Middle Earth, the realm J.R.R. Tolkien created in his trilogy (mainly) The Lord Of The Rings.
The nickname i am known mostly, especially here in Greece is ELLOUPO..... at first i missheard someone saying the word "the wolf" in spanish - the correct word is "el lobo" i think - but it sounded nice to me and i kept it. most people here call me like that after some incidents in the internet cafe i hang out :smile-big
many people i have asked have already forgotten my real name and just call me ELLOUPO :rofl

shego
August 10, 2007, 08:07 PM
I like Kim Possible. <3

ornis
August 14, 2007, 09:10 PM
The Birds, The Raven, and The Eagle. All are "thrilling experiences." One's a movie, one's a poem, one's an on-going way to fret.

ornis is just bird in Greek.

macherie
August 16, 2007, 06:23 AM
I always used to have the username - blu31ce (blueice)
I thought it sounded really cool and brought a really nice image to mind, but then i felt it was sort of childish-immature.

Thennnnnn i listened to Malice-Mizer (LOLO) and i heard their song macherie, i also think it's like the best phrase ever, in french that is! XD
And sooooo that's whre it began XD

Fires
August 17, 2007, 02:08 AM
My first username was Firetyrano...and i was kinda crazy with those Power Rangers !!..I mean The MMPR..Hell Yeah..It's morphing time...TYRANOZORD !!!! ( the old days ) and since red = fire and i feel a special connection to it, i decided to combine them both. and I got my first user name....
but i recently changed it to Fires.. I don't know why , it just passed my mind and i said: this is my username and that's my story..Well, have to say that Firetyrano is too childish and i think that was the reason...anyway...

the_hellbringer
August 17, 2007, 10:45 AM
the old days?..... your're 16... your "old days" were the last week. hahaha
You're old enough to remember the MMPR?

Esa weada la dieorn en el canal 9 hace un culo... o la viste ya en repeticiones en Fox Kids o Jetix?

Fires
August 18, 2007, 02:05 PM
yeah thats why im was talknig about the old days...9 no i watched it on FK now Jetix...with

Zwivix
August 23, 2007, 01:37 PM
Well i got mine from a guy that helped me out on a MMO i play called Knight Online. He was he only one who talked to be and showed me all i know now.

So this name is in honor of my mentor.

Velvet_Rain_Dropz
August 24, 2007, 02:25 AM
Hmm.. Bout my username.. I was thinking about my username and git the idea about velvet and try to combine it with another word and just got the idea to combine it with rain dropz, and then i choose it for my username.. :p

krazy_k
August 26, 2007, 04:23 PM
me username eh~? well K is the first letter of my realname and well the word krazy just kinda popped into my head when i was choosing a username for another site a few years ago and it has stuck since then

Atmey
August 30, 2007, 12:42 PM
I wanted to try a new alias, so I a recent character that I liked, and it was Luke Atmey.

Regente
October 06, 2007, 10:09 PM
I used to own a internet board called "Força Cósmica" (Cosmic Force - yeah, it sounds retarded, but I was 12 in that time), wanted a nick to combine with it, then Regente Cósmico (Cosmic Regent - lol) came out. As the time went by I cut the second word and stayed just as Regente.

Imperium
October 07, 2007, 08:19 AM
my username, is i think latin for "power".....so thats really about it, it just means power!!!!

Gold Knight
October 17, 2007, 12:12 AM
Gold Knight.

You know, I really don't know why it popped into my head. I've always been a big fantasy fan as far as reading about it, watching movies (such as Willow or LoTR), playing RPGs, and drawing it. But the funny thing is I was always more into the mages, rogues, and archers, especially archers, instead of the knights and fighters and whatnot.

My first internet handle was Philster043, a combo of a nick some people called me, and my football number, dating back to when I still played high school football (exactly 10 years ago now, wow.)

Anyway, that didn't work very well for some forums that I signed up at some three years ago, especially the ones that had more colorful nicks. That's when I decided that I had gotten tired of my older name and decided I had to come up with something new. Being a fantasy fanatic that I was, initially I tried to think of something that would work with "Archer" in the nick.

But somewhere along the way I just decided on "Gold Knight." When I thought of it, it just seemed so nice looking to me, kinda majestic, and at the same time gave the impression that I'd be somebody that people could depend on to help 'em out. So I went along with it. I think it's been a good name.

ddadain
October 17, 2007, 05:01 PM
I decided ddadain... cause I like d's and it's pronounced:

Dee~Dah~DaiN :P which sounds catchy... i've been using it ever since...

angsana
October 20, 2007, 04:43 PM
now I know what parents felt when they have to find a name for newborn. phew.

my username, angsana, is a tree. a type of tree that planted in almost every main street in jakarta. tall with many long branches at top forming a canopy-like appearance. couldn't find English equivalent for angsana though. well, many of these old trees were cut off for innercity busway projects ;_; and this name keep popping inside my head so i decided to use it.

kleomarlo
October 23, 2007, 04:34 AM
It's my first name. I had several usernames but I have a big problem of remembering usernames. So to be safe, I used my own name. :amuse

Who would forget their own name? :darn

Franckie
October 23, 2007, 04:23 PM
My username is a nickname my friends address me as. A few years back, a stranger mistaked me for someone he personally knew (Frankie), and for reasons which are not clear-cut to me, my friends began to call me "Frankie".

I spell "Frankie" as "Franckie" though because I simply think it's a cooler way to spell the name.

Crow-Kun
October 28, 2007, 04:15 PM
My Username is because I thought you spelled Viral like this and I like it spelled like this and I like how the Sama sounds after it ^^

Obxist
October 28, 2007, 08:47 PM
hmm lets see,.. Obxist ~ Oblivion and exist, i found those two words is unique with a deep meaning LOL

CeZ ®
October 29, 2007, 09:22 AM
deep meanings my ass :D

I picked mine from the ground.

jim mayniam
October 29, 2007, 09:25 AM
from a prank phone call CD where the victim butchered the name jim naysium when paging a patron.

SkyKing
October 29, 2007, 09:46 AM
The cool thing about skyking is that it also consist of many different way to interpret. For example, I think the sky is an interesting thing. The sky is vast and many use it as a way to express the vast oppoturnity. With all that being said, I based my username from Air Gear.

Crow-Kun
October 29, 2007, 08:12 PM
I wish I could change my name to Crow-Kun now........

GrayFoxx
October 29, 2007, 08:27 PM
I wish I could change my name to Crow-Kun now........

Take a look at this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10285) :amuse

Crow-Kun
October 29, 2007, 08:59 PM
Well now I am changed I got my username from Air Gear. Simca calls Ikki Crow-Kun all the time XD

DouVerdugo
October 29, 2007, 09:19 PM
Well, I misspelled Doo for Dou which is Navajo for 'and' (although it is still pronouced like that, as in "do'h"). The verdugo part is from the RE4 action figure in my room. It also means executioner so, hell, why not? I thought.

Crayola
November 04, 2007, 04:21 AM
Hmm... I Originally liked a girl with the Initials KC and created kornycrayon as a name which was my old name on this forum. Then I jumped from kornycrayon to Crayola because it sounded better and since my real name is Raymond or Ray for short, then it's easier to see the RAY in cRAYola.

kiddo7
November 04, 2007, 04:32 AM
I always thought it was an anagram of the name of your website (rycolaa<->crayola) or vice versa.

Crayola
November 04, 2007, 04:51 AM
rycolaa came from crayola, it is an anagram, because obviously Icouldn't make a crayola.com, it was already taken

Miken-chan
November 04, 2007, 11:15 AM
I signed up at gaiaonline a number of years ago, with a rather crappy username. So my friend decided to help me find another one. After much brainstorming, she said "Mi-chan". The thing was...that username was already taken. So, being the Rurouni Kenshin fan that I was and still am, I put "ken" in ^-^""

baboysai
November 07, 2007, 09:46 AM
mine is baboysai, which was a mockery for battousai. Baboy in Filipino means pig. So it's like pig-sai. And I thought that was really funny so I chose that name. And I'm a really lazy person who loves to eat, so I thought that would be just great. :P

Punky fish
November 13, 2007, 10:11 AM
Punky fish is a name of a shop in London :)

Coup
November 15, 2007, 08:40 PM
It was kind of spur of the moment thing.

Supiku
November 16, 2007, 02:35 AM
It's my dogs name. Spike. =D

hatsuharupeace
November 16, 2007, 08:28 AM
I got it from the Fruits basket character Hatsuharu. The peace bit is from a line he said, 'Hal peace'. So put two and two together to make one!!! Wahla, hatsuharupeace.

luna_wolf
November 25, 2007, 06:14 AM
mine's from this little chibi manga strips me and my cousin draw together, my character is Luna-wolf and my cousins is moon-wolf...lol not very imaginative but its easy to remember>.<

Mel_Luvz_Anime
November 27, 2007, 05:13 AM
Hehe wanna guess how I got mine lolz, Hint: My name's Mel ^_^

DesoNoto
December 29, 2007, 11:34 AM
Well, I was watching Death Note and I heard them say Death Note and it sounded pretty cool. I then figured out it's pronounced desu nōto or desu nouto and i thought DesoNoto sounded cooler and was more original.

aNYthing
December 30, 2007, 03:31 PM
well I am from New York CITY, U.S.
there is just so much diverse things and people here

so hence the name

A-NEWYORK-THING

_ATMA
December 30, 2007, 04:59 PM
i get my screen name from final fantasy 6 from the Atma Weapon the beast or the sword ;p lol

Windmillblade
December 30, 2007, 05:40 PM
i got mine from when sasuke used the windmill shuriken. wanted to be at least half original and came up with this

nathrezim
December 31, 2007, 09:48 AM
i got it from dotA. :) however , i have quit playing dotA
though , i still like it >o<

Flavor
December 31, 2007, 08:25 PM
One day long ago I was signing up for a forum and couldn't think up of a name that wasn't taken. I cracked open a bag of Cheetos, and somehow I didn't think it had the "dangerously cheesy" flavor that it normally had. Hence, Flavor.

It turns out that the bag of Cheetos was kinda old and the bag had been open for quite a while. I got a stomachache later. :(

Calibur
December 31, 2007, 08:38 PM
haha. came up with this name when i was looking at a bullet caliber in counter-strike. haha. so decided to use the U, instead of the E.. therefore, i got the name : calibur : plus, it is an original username that is rare to get. hahaha. but most people mistaken it for soulcalibur, the game. =]

Vampire_Fanatic
December 31, 2007, 08:48 PM
i made mine up, considering pretty much all the manga i read is about vampires- vampire knight,Rosario Vampire, Hellsing...etc.....

Dr4G0nZ
January 01, 2008, 12:16 PM
Well, I liked dragons, and on a certain site, I couldn't register with a name like that... so I decided just to go with Dr4G0nZ.

Hyakkimaru Hiro
January 02, 2008, 08:09 PM
From Dororo... the main character's name is Hyakkimaru and I just had to add Hiro to make it perfect. =P

The Boff
January 02, 2008, 08:40 PM
my real name is Chrisoffer.
when i was 10 people started calling me Boffen.
when a word end with -en or -et in swedish its the exact same thing as putting a "the"
in front of an english word.
so what ive done is just english-ize my real nickname :nuts
The Boff = Boffen

simple as that

actually its more than a nickname by now... i introduce myself as Boffen to people and i actually ried to change it officially but it didn sit well with the authorities for some reason.. meh, thats not relevant

Hollow Kurono
January 03, 2008, 01:03 PM
My fav charachter is Kurono from Gantz and first was using a name 2ndKurono but then forgot my password and had to think of a name,and then i was in a Bleach zone so Hollow+Kurono=Hollow Kurono,preety simple tho.

itachi565656
January 06, 2008, 07:24 PM
I love Itachi so I wanted a name that had his in it...i then wanted a easy couple numbers to remember so i picked 565656!At first it was 5656 but someone already had it so I just added another 56 and i was good to go!!=]]

Gr1mmy
January 06, 2008, 07:58 PM
Gr1mmy.

Let me think.
In middle school someone called me a squirrel. And shortly after the most depressing person on Earth. So, I was dubbed Gr1mSquirrel.

Of course, I didn't really like it, so I shortened it to Gr1mmy ^_^

I'm not really depressing anymore.

Amatersu
January 19, 2008, 03:30 AM
I was watching Naruto, and got to the part where Itachi uses Amaterasu. I thought that sounds cool, looks cool, but I don't like the last "a." So I shortened it to Amatersu. This was before I did research into Amaterasu and learned it's the name for the Shinto sun goddess. It's the male version, I guess =p

Yun Min
January 19, 2008, 05:19 PM
My username actually is a Korean name. But I'm not quite sure what it means... I originally chose it for it's meaning and the fact that it sounded cool.

Previous names I'd gone under were really sucky... So one day I decided to find myself a decent username. Because I'm weird, I like searching baby name websites, and, because I have a Korean friend, I wanted to see if I could get a Korean name. So I ended up with Yun Min. And I've been under that for over half a year now. It's fitting.

igotthegoods
January 19, 2008, 08:52 PM
my username stems from an episode of my favorite tv show (mr. show with bob and david). this is a sketch comedy show and there is a running gag in one episode where one guy (dino stamatopoulos) says to another guy (david cross) "you got the goods" in multiple sketches.

i realize it sounds kind of lame here, but he says it in a funny way, in funny situations, etc......i guess you have to see it to appreciate it :p

XiaoCha
January 21, 2008, 11:41 PM
My username is essentially Chinese for "little tea," which makes no sense, but I decided I needed a new username for forums when I started going on Chinese forums to find Japanese music... (Yeah I'm a bit of a leech.) Also, last semester, I was taking Mandarin Chinese at school and decided to make up a random Chinese username instead of the more otaku-ish names I'd been using before.

Pure Win
February 05, 2008, 06:09 PM
I got mine cuz Im made from 100% pure win :amuse

raderack
February 10, 2008, 11:30 PM
Raderack is how im called in my dreams.
Yeah,i known is weird,but is creative,and i kinda of like it.

black_crow
February 11, 2008, 01:37 AM
:shifty Welll, i got mine because my favorite animal is the crow and i wanted to use a color. Since my friends call me "emo" and "negative" I decided to use black.

:hb

thiagojoe
February 14, 2008, 01:29 PM
mine is composed: Thiago is my real name, and joe is a nick i got in highschool. At first it was prejudicious, my classmates said i was "from another world" (here in Brazil, "de outro mundo" - if spelled fastly it sounds like 'DJOUtromundo'); i didn't like this at first, but i got used with time and i added this in my first e-mail - with the english writing JOE. so i became thiagojoe...

SpiritOnParole
February 14, 2008, 05:16 PM
Honestly.... I saw it about 10 years ago and just really liked it. :)

Inchao
February 15, 2008, 08:42 AM
My real name is Syafiqah Ayuni,hope you can pronounce that!Hmm,how did I?Well,"Inchao" is a name of an emperor that has been seduced by a 1000 years old fox demon called So Dakki.Later,his kingdom falls roughly in the hands of that evil but cute demon ^^ It's from Senkaiden Houshin Engi/Soul Hunter manga/anime!!

rpl001
March 21, 2008, 07:36 AM
because it's my first nickname for drawing, so until now I still use it for my username.. I add 001 just to make it different, just in case if someone already used rpl :D

Chloe
March 23, 2008, 04:12 PM
I suck and I'm not creative so my user name is my name in real life. >.<

nxlouco
March 26, 2008, 10:39 AM
hmm, mine is just a random name i made up, so I'd be unrecognizable

Helltroll
March 30, 2008, 07:08 AM
Just a random name i made up. But i have another based on mythology, since I'm interested in it.

DangerousDave
March 31, 2008, 06:34 PM
Mine is from a crappy game I had when I got my first computer.
http://www.rome.ro/article_saga_dave.htm :thumbs

vintagemistakes
April 09, 2008, 05:52 PM
just something random that I thought sounded kinda cool.

Heypress
April 09, 2008, 10:38 PM
random name to my electro music project.

keisa
April 12, 2008, 03:07 AM
Keisa is short for keisadiya. um well I got this name from an old character of mine form High school. His name was Billard K. Sedilla which was later changed to sediya when i became more weaboo. and in 2003 when i first hopped on teh internet and joined gaia I used the name keisadiya. and a year later on this forum called Anime shards(r.i.p) It was shortened to keisa and there it is XD

blai
April 21, 2008, 03:59 PM
Back when i started play wow i made a char called Blyertspenna which meant pencil in English. The ppl in the guild shortened it and called me Bly (Pronounced Blai) so that's where i got it from.. Pretty bad tbh but it's short. :)

ElUniversal
April 22, 2008, 05:36 PM
"El Universal" is a song by Kapanga, an argentinian rock/cuarteto band....really fun to listen to and dance with friends....

kaliayev
May 01, 2008, 07:06 PM
ivan kaliayev was a russian revolutionary/poet. he's a favorite of camus (one of my faves) and is depicted in a few of his writings. since i'm too lazy to actually talk any further about him, here's his wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Kaliayev

orange_juice
May 03, 2008, 01:17 AM
Erm, I was drinking oj while trying to think of a username while regestering >.< I'm not really creative...

feder
May 07, 2008, 10:40 PM
Feder means "feather" in German. I was trying to think up a user name and I didn't really want it to be Japanese and so I was looking at different languages. I'm a big DNAngel fan and Feder happens to be the name of one of DN's artbooks, so there you go.

admirenkiwi
May 07, 2008, 10:48 PM
well it just came to me...admire, siren, kiwi! *cough*just made up the siren part now*cough*
hmmm...not sure...maybe it was admin too? :oh
but iuno how i got admirenkiwi :XD
i think it sounds nice though

blai
May 08, 2008, 01:47 PM
hmm en means "one or a" in Swedish, so your name is basically admire "a" kiwi.. if you play with the letters abit

OhDearMoshe
May 08, 2008, 02:04 PM
I wrestled my username from the fiery clutches of a dragon controlled by a Ninth level mage of the Third Dimension.

Alternatively my nickname is Moshe and I got bored and started playing around with wordplay.

admirenkiwi
May 08, 2008, 02:23 PM
hmm en means "one or a" in Swedish, so your name is basically admire "a" kiwi.. if you play with the letters abit

lol but admire takes up the "e" so theres only the "n" left
it cant be admire a kiwi when there isnt an extra "en"

blai
May 08, 2008, 02:29 PM
I know.. but well... n is a short for and, Admire... and kiwi.. like admire... and obey!..

Okay now i'm making a fool outta myself..

kopite
May 09, 2008, 10:56 AM
Kopite=liverpool fan
guess which football club i support;)

blai
May 09, 2008, 05:56 PM
Arsenal? :confetti

Aquaria
May 16, 2008, 01:48 PM
the blue of the layout --> water ---> aqua + ria = aquaria

easy isn't it ^^

emer
May 17, 2008, 06:14 AM
I didn´t really spend so much time with mine, as its a simple anagram of my sur and lastname...: D

EvilGenious
May 20, 2008, 07:43 PM
well, my username is actually one of my nicknames at work, the other one being Andrew...

don't ask about the latter...

Totinona
May 21, 2008, 07:21 AM
I used one of those "Check what your name would be in this-or-that language" -pages. And it was Totinona.
Now I use that username everywhere since I'm probably the only one using it. :>

Dhazard
May 21, 2008, 09:02 AM
David+hazard => Dhazard
Yeah, I know, pretty dumb >.>

blai
May 21, 2008, 11:12 AM
sry for going offtopic but @ totinona where did you find that hpage?

Lelo
May 24, 2008, 07:06 PM
My username is my real name. My name is Elie which is Lelo also, it's like William and Billy,

Pix
May 26, 2008, 12:03 AM
I saw the word Pixy somewhere and thought that Pix would be an fine username and it did.

KazigluBey
July 07, 2008, 11:47 PM
Kaziglu Bey is the name the Turks gave to Vlad Dracula AKA Vlad the Impaler.

haganenorenkin
July 08, 2008, 12:20 AM
from the anime/manga fullmetal alchemist (hagane no renkinjutsushi) later i changed it for "hagane" meaning only "steel" although my nick here is haganenorenkin cuz hagane was already chosen :(

DragonKiss
July 08, 2008, 03:06 AM
Well my username is a name of a player in one online game i play(Pirate King Online)
I then took his name for this forum coz it seems awsome :P
DragonKiss= Kiss of the Dragon? also one kungfu move i think..

Monte
July 13, 2008, 08:06 AM
negro

Raysen_ht
July 13, 2008, 08:22 AM
My user name is a tribute to my favourite mangaka... guess which one, hehehe
Here is a tip
Raysen- Yusuky´s father
ht- short for hunter

Assymilum
July 15, 2008, 05:21 AM
Uhm, I thought it was a word...?

LOL, joking. It's a combination of "assimilate" and "asylum".

Tehmk
July 15, 2008, 01:54 PM
Teh (Internet leet speak for 'the') MK (Mortal Kombat) and voila Tehmk comes out. :D

Ergon
July 22, 2008, 12:37 AM
I played "Heroes of Might and Magic II" a lot when I was younger...there was one barbarian called "Ergon" that I would always recruit, he wore a wolf skin on his head :) When I needed a random name for a forum once, "ergon" just came to me, since then I've been using it all the time :p

The Adamant Dragon
July 23, 2008, 02:05 AM
I Thought of something indestructible, and ~Adamant~ came to mind, then I wanted something that involved fire to complete it... then I came to add ~Dragon~... Mix it all up and you have:

The Adamant Dragon.

D3M1URG3
July 29, 2008, 12:20 AM
I've been told multiple times in my life that I am a Blasphemer, so over the course of my forum stints across the anime/games/comics/gfx communities I've had the word "Blasphemy" in my user name: ".Digital-Blasphemy.","Horrendous-Blasphemy","TheBlasphemy","DSMBlasphemy", etc. So, I simply decided on Blasphemy.

Y-on
July 29, 2008, 02:57 AM
Lol mines is just a play on "Tsuna" and everyone else on logicalgamers calls me Tsuny or Tsu-kun and Tsuny sounded more original. xD

segua
July 31, 2008, 03:50 AM
I actually wanted segue but typed in segua instead.

Jeffu
July 31, 2008, 06:59 PM
i was thinking what username i should use about 2 mins and then i did the impossible i added u to my name so it goes like jeffu better than just putting jeff i guess.

devious_bookworm@c
July 31, 2008, 09:37 PM
I took my classmate's teasing (calling me book-worm) and added devious before it because... I'm not exactly a super nice person. Take that, bullies! ^.^

OP ROX
August 04, 2008, 11:59 PM
my favorite manga

noot_das_schaf
August 05, 2008, 05:35 PM
it's just "toon" backwards. i'm a little wrong-headed :sweat

"das schaf" (the sheep/lamb) is an allusion to my familyname.

ikcud
August 06, 2008, 01:21 PM
backwards like the others. Very common I see lol

xallisto
August 14, 2008, 09:22 AM
mine is a typo of callisto which was my handle back in the days of UT :)

krazykone12
September 07, 2008, 08:08 PM
based of the Chu Chu Rocket crazy kat from the video game Phantasy Star Online and Chu Chu Rocket

Shiro-kun
September 09, 2008, 05:13 PM
I am a fan of anime/manga characters that basically white hair:XD Hence the name Shiro :), which means white in japanese but there is deeper meaning why i chose it though it was the name of my first pet :(.

Kazi
September 10, 2008, 01:28 AM
It's quite simple, i named me in a german board "Mr_Kazekage" to refer to gaara, because i simply like this char :amuse
the users there called me in short: Kazi
to spare me the hard work to type this long nick, i decided to take the short one xD

Whitey
September 10, 2008, 03:28 AM
My username is derived from the colour white..i also like white haired characters like Sephiroth and Raven from FFVIII..

Aikoh
September 13, 2008, 03:14 PM
I have used "Aiko" as a Japanese alias ever since I got into anime and manga and it turns out that it means about the same thing as my actual name, but I never used it on forums before because the name was so common that it was bound to be taken on all the larger forums. But I have decided that I wanted to start using it again, and I had initially thought about using "Aikou" but I decided against it because there was still a chance of that name being taken and it would change the meaning of it entirely seeing as that's not how it's spelled in kanji, and I replaced the "u" with an "h" instead since that was an old way of romanizing the "ou" sound that's not quite as common anymore. The "ou" sound isn't a correct romanization, no, but at least with the "h" the meaning won't be changed and I can still use the name. Well, it works!

Jpaul
September 17, 2008, 02:43 PM
The J in my name is the first initial in my first name and the Paul is my middle name
I've never been good at making up good screen names so I find something thats easy for me to remember.

Tofu
September 23, 2008, 06:04 PM
I played "Heroes of Might and Magic II" a lot when I was younger...there was one barbarian called "Ergon" that I would always recruit, he wore a wolf skin on his head :) When I needed a random name for a forum once, "ergon" just came to me, since then I've been using it all the time :p

Oh god Heroes of Might and Magic 2... i remember playing that when i was like 7 or 8, i hated it but it was still fun.

Onto my nickname i was just going through random names for IRC when i thought of Tofu and it started sticking, before i was using zoneykid(if you see zoneykid anywhere that's me) which i made when i was like 6 for msn-games(i liked age of empires) by thinking "hey.. i'm zoned out and i'm a kid... so... how about zoneykid!" and that stuck since until i hit upon Tofu.(though i still use zoneykid if Tofu doesn't work)

True Blade
September 29, 2008, 07:15 PM
Fire Emblem. It's the upgraded class of a Swordmaster which is the upgraded class of a Myrmidon.

Coincidentally, it shortens to TB, which I used to have. Thus why I am so skinny!

betsuni
October 02, 2008, 05:38 PM
Mine nickname is due to a game in my school called "nothing", you call someone and then you say that was nothing... my class even kept a score of the number of "nothing". Because "nothing" in japanese is "Betsuni", i realized that was a good original nickname. that´s the story...

nat
October 18, 2008, 05:34 PM
My name :D

Baron Hugenstein
October 18, 2008, 08:50 PM
Lol, i am the least bit resourceful, i used my name as my Nickname.
I would have used a name from a manga, or any other source, but i wasn't feeling like searching so i use my own name:D

Grimory
October 19, 2008, 05:50 AM
i got mine from a list of names of fallen angels. this is also the name of my manga's protagonist. :)

jukrat
December 17, 2008, 02:31 PM
just mixed the Triassic, Jurassic, Cretease isuppose i made ju kra(cre) t or somethin like that

Adorien
December 18, 2008, 03:29 AM
Well, my username originally was going to be "Okami" 'cause of the Spice and Wolf obsession. :p But it was already taken, so the next best thing was Hound (it just popped out in my mind).

Sarvorva
January 05, 2009, 09:56 AM
i'ts sound good name,. no meaning of anything..

ZZ9 Plural 9 Alpha
January 05, 2009, 12:13 PM
Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

It's actually ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha (You'll note my Sig)
But I screwed up when registering!!!! :mad

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha = The Galactic Sector where our lovely Planet Earth is located.

Asusp3v4x
January 23, 2009, 10:21 AM
It is my motherboard... my first computer....:XD

- aMt -
January 23, 2009, 10:34 AM
My name refers to:

Amaterasu

What is my favorite in Jutso NARUTO, and is also a very God rox

roma
January 24, 2009, 08:15 AM
got mine from the name of an x-men card character (allies) i used to collect.

ShirubiaLamperouge
January 26, 2009, 11:37 PM
Mines a combo of my name in katakana and Lelouch's (fake) surname from code geass.

Tsubasaholic
January 26, 2009, 11:50 PM
Integration of 'Tsubasa' and 'xxxHolic' which also describes my complete addiction to TRC. I'd been wanting to start posting on mangahelepers but couldn't think of a name. It came to me when I was drying some dishes one evening and I knew it was the one.

Neo
January 29, 2009, 10:32 AM
When I was at the Univ, in the programming course (which is not a core subject for us), my mates were living hell with it, and I found it rather easy, even nice. I started to help others, and got more skills. After a while some of my friends started to tease me saying things like I could see code in everywhere and, since those where the times of Matrix Reloaded, then they named me Neo, the one to save their semester's grades :-)

Besides, I'm also serious, calm, quiet and stiff :-), so Neo fits me in kinda well.

Also sometimes I use Ryddle, as to show the puzzling I can be ;-) and, as the spanish form of my favourite villain, Mr. Tom Riddle.

goldb
January 30, 2009, 08:47 AM
I got mine from www.pesfan.com which is a Pro Evolution Soccer fansite, it's a username generated from there and I use it on all websites that I'm registered to :)

Triple_Platinum
January 31, 2009, 03:50 AM
I used to go around with "Platinus", especially with game user profiles, but I got bored of it. I couldn't really let go of it though, so it just turned into what I have now.

shinsengumi
February 09, 2009, 11:28 PM
i use this nick for over 3 years in different forums.i really don't know why i picked it since i'm not a huge fan of shinsengumi but at that time there was an arcade fighting game called Last Blade 2 which i played a lot and my best 2 chars were both from shinsengumi.
one is Keiichiro Washizuka--> http://www.emugifs.emuita.it/lastbladeng12.gif
and the other is Kojiroh Sanada-->http://www.freewebs.com/epic-wars/KojirohSanada.gif .
so these two caused me to grow a liking for shinsengumi.

by the way i happened to see this post on the first page(which was sent in 2006)

I know that it is the title of an Edgar Allen Poe poem and that it was the name of a Turkish warlord (who was very brutal).
it really surprised me to see this =),but actually Tamerlane was more of a Mongol than Turkish.to be precise,his country was a complete mixture of the two in language and culture but he always had wars against other turkish countries at the time,which we see as our real ancestors.some books say he's turkish and some say mongol but all the turkish people (in turkey) see him as mongol.
and i hadn't realized your nick was actually referring to him,even though i saw you many times.it's because in turkish we call him Timur. like tea-moor :p ok..ok.. i know, where did this unnecessery information come from and why?i don't know,i just feelt like saying =) that's why i'll keep it in spoiler tags.

baboysai
February 10, 2009, 01:50 AM
Don't mean to spam, guys, but shinsengumi, I lurve those shinsengumi gifs :nuts