PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Bleach's Best and Worst Moments of 2010

igotthegoods
January 06, 2011, 05:53 PM
Since there's no WSJ coming out this week and the chapter discussions have slowed down, the staff thought it would be nice to give you a little something else to discuss in the meantime. :amuse What are the best and worst moments of Bleach from 2010 in your opinion? What is the reasoning behind each of your picks? (Thanks to Naruto-4-Hokage for the idea!)

Here are some categories to consider:

Star of the Year
Most Exciting Death
Most Disappointing Death
Best Fight
Most Shocking Character Development
Best Plot Twist
Best Moment/Event
Most Disappointing Moment/Event
Most Fascinating Special Appearance
Best Flashback
Worst Flashback
Best Page/Panel
Worst Page/Panel

Feel free to think of other categories and add your picks for those as well (with reasoning behind them, of course). They may even be added to the first post. :amuse Just remember - No bashing, please.

Have fun! :vbunny

Exodi
January 06, 2011, 09:41 PM
I can't find exact dates, but I'm guessing the start of 2010 was around Shunsui's defeat of Starrk.

Star of the Year
For me, it's definitely Yamamoto. In fact, I'd say the Burnout Inferno chapters are some of my favorite chapters. I plan on buying the volume when it's translated and for sale here.
I choose Yamamoto because no one else in the series is so utterly badass. Also, the artwork is the chapters was just wonderful.

Most Exciting Death
Wonderweiss' was great. Only because Yama did it. :p

Most Disappointing Death
Harribel's death was lame because she just ended up as Aizen's trash.

Best Fight(s)
1. Yamamoto vs. Wonderweiss
2. Starrk vs. Shunsui (and Aizen, sort of). Shunsui displays a level of coolheaded-ness that is just impossible to dislike. And in battle he shows that he can employ clever tactics and actually won't wait for someone to finish talking before he attacks. It's like the laws of anime don't apply to him.
3. Gin vs. Ichigo. Gin's bankai is fantastic.

Most fascinating special appearance
Once again, Yamamoto. He reappeared in a giant pillar of fire and proceeded to own.

Worst special appearance
Don Kanonji. Somewhat unnecessary.

Best page/panel
I love several pages and panels, but here's one:
http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-chapter-407-page-19.html

Best overall moment
As much as I loved all of the fights, I was SO glad that they ended.
No more Aizen, please. For a really, really long time.

thornofcarrion
January 07, 2011, 01:38 AM
Star of the Year

That would be Isshin for me. The flick of his finger still cracks me up.

Most Exciting Death

Barragan, his arrogance irritated me. So seeing him die was a relief.

Most Disappointing Death

Aizen taking out Harribel was disappointing. I wanted to see the outcome of her battle with Visored VCs and Hitsu.

Best Fight

Ichigo (pre-FGT) vs. Aizen...seeing Aizen losing composure and unable to comprehend his weakness against Ichigo was refreshing.

Can't really pick one. Ichigo's development was given, being the protagonist of the series.

Best Plot Twist

When Visoreds and SS attacked Aizen, and later it was revealed that they were all under hypnosis. I wouldn't call it a plot twist but a moment. If its invalid then I think, the revelation about FGT should do.

Best Moment/Event

Ichigo's appearing after dangai training was the best moment for me. He was not only dominating, but the calmness and maturity was impressive.

Hmmmm...Gin's losing to Aizen in the end. Gin's character has always intrigued me.

Isshin appearing in FKT.

Best Flashback

Can't think of any now. I will update this field when I can recall any.

Worst Flashback

Same as above.

Best Page/Panel

Can't decide, perhaps Ichigo's FGT.

Worst Page/Panel

Embarrassingly, can't recall it too. May be someone can refresh my memory.

conn-man
January 07, 2011, 02:16 PM
Star of the year- Aizen, everthing that he had worked for, for 100+ years, happened. He tryed to achive his goal, was challenged, and lost. He was a great villain.

Most exciting death- Starrk. Killed by a single full body sword slash. Classic, nothing fancy for the death of the Primera Espada.

Best fight- Really liked Ichigo vs Gin and Yamamoto vs Wonderweiss

Most dissapointing death- I'll also say Halibel. It was an intense moment but its at the bottom of my list.

Most shocking character development- The vizards, not shocking, but enjoyable to see them resovle their 100 year grudge.

Biggest plot twist- Discovering that Gin only wantedto kill Aizen was a big moment.

Best moment- Yamamoto getting serious, Yoruichi getting serious, and Ichigo defeating Aizen.

Most dissapointing moment-nothing really.

Most fascinating appearence- Urahara showing up as Aizen is getting sealed. Fascinating because it revealed hints about the Spirit King.

Best Flashback- Starrks was pretty good. His revalation that the was not alone in the world was emotional.

Worst flashback- Gins was ok, nothing I really loved though.

Best page/Panel- Gin cutting the building is half, Yamamoto using EJ, and Ichigos biggest getsuga blast that cut Aizen.

Worst panel- I remeber a panel were Kubo forgot to make Ichigos sword black. It was only a close up on the blades clashing but it still bugged me.

ZERO PHOENIX
January 07, 2011, 03:11 PM
Star of the Year
For me it came down to either Ichigo or Ulquiorra.
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs44/f/2009/138/a/1/motivational_pic__ulquiorra_by_spike_4_ever.jpg
Ulquiorra definitely had a lot more depth but Kubo didn't explore that as well as he could have. We only got a real glimpse of Ulquiorra's inner being like what, three or four chapters before he died. Ichigo's final tensa zangetsu makeover gave him the added badassery points he needed to break the stalemate.

Most Exciting Death
Wonderwice. That had me on the edge of my seat.

Most Disappointing Death
Ulquiorra. He finally started to open up and them he just faded away.

Best Fight
Ichigo versus Ulquiorra atop Hueco Mundo.
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10100000/Ulquiorra-motivational-Poster-ulquiorra-schiffer-10119715-640-512.jpg

I'm going to go with Nnoitora. He was creepy from the get go but it seems a lot of his problems came from an inferiority complex.

Best Plot Twist
No comment. :notrust

Best Moment/Event
The final tensa zangetsu is revealed. Can you say the badass is back?

The final tensa zangetsu didn't do jack! Were it not for Uruhara's spell Aizen would have curb stomped Ichigo.

When Byakuya and Kenpachi showed up out of nowhere to whoop that ass.

Best Flashback
Stark's and Lillinette's. It was different. Not bad, not exceptional but different.

Worst Flashback
The Pendulum arc. Lazy much?

Smerten
January 07, 2011, 05:52 PM
Star of the Year
Hmmm... should I go with Shunsui who ShiKai'd the Primera, Yamamoto abusing
Wondy bare handed, Isshin swatting teh FlAizen aside, or Ichigo who managed to
make Aizen draw a face as if christmas was cancelled?

Most Exciting Death
Well it's a near death. Gin giving Hiyori a trim was a pretty good WTF
moment.

Most Disappointing Death
Yammy, hands down.

Best Fight
A tie between Yama vs Wondy and Ichigo vs Aizen.
Seeing Yamamoto brutally beat up a mentally challenged mutant kid
was just priceless.
At first I really liked Aizen as a villain. Heck, at the start of the year I
still lauded him as the best villain ever. Then... he went downhill. Eventually
I was sick of him. So seeing his smug "I know everything, I can beat everything"
composure flush down the drain like a smelly dump was very satisfactory. Though
I'm still agitated by the DBZ-ness in which Ichigo gained a power boost so he
could babyshake the ONE guy who owned everyone and their mothers.

Well Yuzu certainly developed nicel-- Oh wait, that's not what you meant.
Hmmmm... It's either Gin or Ichigo's inner hollow/tensa zangetsu.

Best Plot Twist
Gin killling Aizen with his Bankai's true ability. Tied with Final Getsuga.

Most facinating moment
Learning the mysterious new groups' intentions.

Best Moment/Event
When Ichigo had beaten the snot out of Aizen, and Aizen just about to tap
furhter into the powers of cheapness, Urahara sealed him as part of his
plan. Aizen actually outsmarted by the one person he acknowledged to be
smarter than him.

Aizen knowing everything

Urahara, Isshin and Yoruichi appearing was definitely cool

Best Flashback
None really come to mind.

Worst Flashback
Aizen knowing everything about Ichigo. hEs in ur gardn, stalkin ur m0M.

Best Page/Panel
There are a ton of good panels. But the one that really impressed me
was Yama's smile, on this page: http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-chapter-406-page-10.html
Very simple, but effective. If Yama smiled to me like that I'd shit bricks.

Worst Page/Panel
None really some to mind. A few panels had errors, so it'd be them.

Hystzen
January 08, 2011, 12:50 PM
Star of the Year

Gin..talking back to Aizen..ignoring him..letting him get attacked..Gin was just cool and kubo did good job created tension between them.

Most Exciting Death

Aizen ..Gin killed the God ..infact does that mean Gin killed Aizen twice..first time in SS to help Aizen second time with bankai

Most Disappointing Death

Starrk...what a waste

Best Fight

Aizen versus All...guy just screamed cockyness

Best Plot Twist

Aizen been sentanced after all he done for such small amount of years. The Central 46 still dont learn.

Best Moment/Event

Aizen beating Histu..was brill ..histugaya was so sure he won then been cleaved in half losing one leg and one arm must opened his eyes.

Starrk vs Shunsui...just all talk. im going do this attack ..im going to that attack..then starrk fights against 3 other people ..shunsui cheap shots and people claim he beat starrk 1 on 1 in shikai (more on that later)

Best Flashback

Pendulum Arc brill writing

im gona add

Most overhyped on MH of 2010

This year Shunsui and Ukitake have become easily the most overhyped on El Campo de Batalla de las Almas threads.

Shunsui did not beat Starrk 1 on 1 in shikai...he didnt land any attacks on Starrk until he cheated..stab from back then throw haori in his face.also he was on floor most of fight as Starrk fought other people ..that is not 1 on 1

Ukitake is overhyped over yammas biased comment wayyyyyyyy back in SS (before Aizen,Espada ). then instead of taking his defeat by WW on the head they make some excuse he dont fight kids...really...:fail

Isshin urahara close second to been overhyped

Bugzee
January 09, 2011, 05:31 PM
Wasn't the Starrk fight in '09? and the Tousen one as well? I guess chapter 387 can be considered as part of 2010 meh. Anyway...

Star of the Year

Tough call between Yama-ji and Gin; I will go for the boss. Everyone had anticipated to see what the Commander was capable of in this battle and to what extent he could "change the tides" of the war. He pwned the lil espada kid with his bare hands. Badass as hell. Loved the panel.

Most Disappointing Death

Gin. Without a doubt. I seriously wanted to see a more dramatic finale tbh. A simple slash from Aizen (similar to that hit on Harribel) was very disappointing. Neither did I like the way in which Kubo placed the flashbacks during those chapters.

Best Fight

Gin Vs. Aizen

I loved it. Shame that it ended so soon. I would've enjoyed to see the fight between those two last a couple more chapters. Gin had some of the best quotes of the year imo.

Best Moment/Event

Finally Part I! (http://www.mangareader.net/94-47010-21/bleach/chapter-392.html) :zomg

Finally Part II! (http://www.mangareader.net/94-50186-12/bleach/chapter-399.html)

- Aizen's not dead but Gin is. :nerve
- Looking back ('09) on it now = Shinji x Aizen face off was just a hype and a waste of time. Seriously.
- Ichigo losing all shinigami powers. :(

It wasn't an epic entrance *crys* but it was about fricking time (http://www.mangareader.net/94-50820-18/bleach/chapter-401.html).

Best Page/Panel

http://www.mangareader.net/94-51305-1/bleach/chapter-402.html

Phenom
January 09, 2011, 06:07 PM
Star of the Year
Most Exciting Death
Most Disappointing Death
Best Fight
Best Plot Twist
Best Moment/Event
Best Flashback
Worst Flashback
Best Page/Panel
Worst Page/Panel

Star of the Year
Hard to say. Nobody really did much of anything to wow me except after everyone was defeated. So I guess it would have to be either Ichigo (after the training) or Aizen (before Ichigo's training).

Most Exciting Death
Gin, and that's because all the espada's were terrible.

Most Disappointing Death
This definately belongs to either Stark or Halibel. Stark being done in by a shikai never sat well with me at all, and Halibel, well, I wanted to see more of what she capable of/or more character development out of her or something.

Best Fight
Did Ichigo vs Ulquiorra take place in 2010? If so then that but if not and we're not including filler (Byakuya vs Kouga) then Aizen vs everyone (manga only, I don't like how poor the animation quality is in the animation... Well, it's not poor but comparing the Komamura and Tosen fight to that, yeah its poor)

There's a few that I can place here but for the time being we'll just say Ichigo not saying a word while everyone was beating on Hinamori. Another one I hate just as much was Yama's decisions in general. He really got under my skin during the FKT arc.

Ichigo (After Training)

Best Page/Panel
Can you say OWNED (http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/191/ownedj.jpg)

crimsonlink310
January 11, 2011, 02:46 AM
1. Star of the Year
2. Most Exciting Death
3. Most Disappointing Death
4. Best Fight
5. Most Shocking Character Development
6. Best Plot Twist
7. Best Moment/Event
8. Most Disappointing Moment/Event
9. Most Fascinating Special Appearance
10. Best Flashback
11. Worst Flashback
12. Best Page/Panel
13. Worst Page/Panel

1. Ichigo due to his defeat of Aizen and his loss of shinigami powers.
2. Wonderweiss since he went out with a bang
3. That random human that just happened to get close to post cocoon Aizen.
4. Ichigo vs Aizen post training in Daigan
5. Ichigo saying he really didn't want his shinigami powers.
6. Gin trying to kill Aizen
7. Ichigo and Aizen clash and the mountain is split or when Ichigo cuts through the Black Coffin kido.
8. The fight between Yammy and the 2 captains was skipped.
9. Zangetsu in Bankai form or Hollow Ichigo with his horned mask. Or both of them combined.
10. Gin's flashback to Aizen using the Hogyoku
11. Shinji's flashback to Aizen's illusion, it wasn't good enough to guess where Aizen really used his Kyoya Suigetsu.
12. Ichigo in FGT form
13. Aizen's foot? can't really think of one.

AlB
January 11, 2011, 03:31 AM
Star of the Year
Aizen - sentenced to 20.000 years and still mind-fucking everyone in the vicinity

Most Exciting Death
Zangetsu/Hollow Ichigo - well, they kinda died... right?

Most Disappointing Death
Stark - Primera killed with a shikai?wtf???

Best Fight(best massacre)
Aizen vs Everyone

Orihime - her chest got even bigger!!!

Best Plot Twist
Aizen creating hogyoku before Urahara

Best Moment/Event
Mizuiro Molotoff-ing Aizen

Gin turning out to be acting in Rangiku's interest - enough with this "justice for girlfriend" theme!!! Tousen had that already, but nooooo Kubo had to give one to Gin too. killed the char for me :notrust

Don Kanonji

Best Flashback
Stark and Lilynette - sad and beautifull

Best Page/Panel
Vizards going hollow

Worst Page/Panel
Aizen's last form - it wasn't even funny :notrust

Bigfoot187
January 11, 2011, 10:41 AM
Star of the Year
Definetlly Ulqoirra, his segunda release was epic :)

Most Exciting Death
Yamamoto (even though he survived :P)

Most Disappointing Death
Hallibel without a doubt, oul dhave loved to see her gettin taken out by hitsugaya or the vizards

Best Fight
Stark VS Shunsui they were both great fighters, and like commented before @ leastr he doesn;t let those loud mouths finish there speeches and just waits for an opening to finish them of :)

That that Moron Wonderweiss could stop th emost powerfull Shinigami of all :S

Best Plot Twist
Gin was just teamin up woth Aizen to find a way to kill him

Best Moment/Event
ichigo releasing FGT

We see ishhin workin his stuff but no Bankai? WTF

Ishin without a doubt :)

Worst Flashback
Starks beginning

Best Page/Panel
Yama-Ji two bones :)

Worst Page/Panel
When that stupid Don appeared I was hopin for someone good :(

Zatono
January 11, 2011, 11:31 AM
I'm just going to do number 12, since I agree with AlB on just about everything.

http://www.mangareader.net/94-56926-2/bleach/chapter-417.html

Seriously, Ichigo was like, "Screw this kiddy stuff, time to be a real Shonen character and have longer more badass hair". Not to mention everything else.

Asukasun
January 14, 2011, 12:51 PM
Star of the Year
Ichigo... due to his evolution (Final Getsuga Tenshou)

Most Exciting Death
Ichimarus... kinda sad, though.

Most Disappointing Death
Momo and Yamamoto... HELL, WHY ARE THEY STILL ALIVE?
(I am not a hater of both but it´s just strange)

Best Fight
Aizen vs Ichigo (the finale fight)

Ichimaru... Though, he was the best candidate to betray Aizen, but still...

Best Plot Twist
Ichimaru betraying Aizen.

Best Moment/Event
Ichigo losing Zangetsu...

the appearance of Don Kanoni....

Well, Isshins appearance was also a great event!!

Best Flashback
Ichimarus about Rangiku and Aizen

Worst Flashback
well, the whole top 3 Espada flashbacks were kinda shit... Ulquiorra didn´t even get one

Best Page/Panel
I like all of them... Can´t decide

Worst Page/Panel
none

cool_inuyasha_girl
January 18, 2011, 05:53 PM
Star of the Year

Yama-ji no doubt, who knew he was so badass, his powers are gone so he literally tears his enemy apart with his hands

Most Exciting Death

Tousen, he was the only one to really get a proper death, great fight, new powers revealed, lasted enough to get some enjoyment

Most Disappointing Death

Gin? His death was no where near as grand as it should have been, after turning on Aizen he pretty much just gets cut and thats it, no epic fight, no dramatic scene, no mention of it afterwards it was just a fleeting moment and it should have been epic

Best Fight

As much as I hated it, Aizen Vs. Ichigo considering that was the only fight for half the year

In all honesty....Aizen, much like Kira he changed from his smooth, brilliant, graceful, powerful, in control self to an arrogant, annoying whiny character who relied so much on the hollow powers that whatever intellect he had was eaten away by the hollow powers

Best Plot Twist

N/a, Gin's betrayal seemed forced and out of place

Best Moment/Event

Ichigo's final getsuga tenshou

Aizen's transformation, seriously? The ultimate power is A FREAKIN BUTTERFLY!!!!!!

Yoruichi, she just kinda popped out of nowhere owned Aizen into the ground and then left

Best Flashback

Matsumoto and Gin

Worst Flashback

Were there any aside from Gin's in 2010

Best Page/Panel

I dunno, if it was actually made by Kubo or if its one of those color images the scanlation companies add, but the first page of Decide 23 is the single most epic image in 2010 Bleach

Worst Page/Panel

Decide 5, pg 4. Aizen's first full transformation using the Houkoyu, and I fall on the floor dying of laughter because all I can think about is Rah Rah ah ah ah, Want your Bad Romance

SuperShuter
January 19, 2011, 05:19 AM
Um I don't want to ruin anyones fun but wasn't the first chapter of 2010 when Ichigo first starts fighting aizen. Thinking about it what a god awful year

Star of the Year

Tite Kubo for god tier trolling

Most Exciting Death

Far as we know Gin wasn't gave a death, but out of them it would be
tousen (anime) then stark (manga)

Most Disappointing Death

Hirori not dying

Best Fight

There wasn't any 1 on 1s that lasted more then 5 chapters, that didn't involve 95% dialouge or fabulous transformations. So i'll go with the mini Ichigo vs Gin fight

As much as I loathed him thoughout the entire arc, it was entertaining watching him go batshit insane in the last chapters

Best Plot Twist

lol... umm Deicide ending... the 2nd time

Best Moment/Event

When Ichigo ambushes Aizen after Yama sacrafices his arm. That was probably the only decent writing from kubo in the entire year.

Ichigo's TOTAL performance against aizen, that includes pre dangai and post dangai. both was a total blow out. Really bumed me out I was expecting something longer and more sophisticated like the manga diserved.

2010- Yoruichi

Ever- Wonderwiess and his pet, I literally shat bricks. Was such a good chapter followed by the vizard entrance. dat plot movement

Best Flashback

None

Worst Flashback

Matsumo & Gin shortly followed by kubo using a full chapter to just copy paste aizens best bits of ichigo.

Best Page/Panel

I'm compelled to find a page where kubo actually got/hired some staff team to draw a full detailed background on one page. Again I liked the moment when ichigo looks like a hawk swooping down on Aizen after the Yamiji explosion. With the sun distorting the picture as well. Really nice.

http://i5.mangareader.net/bleach/395/bleach-1232846.jpg

Worst Page/Panel

Oh boy, well kubos art is consistant. If it's bleach's worst moment its got to be the breaking glaziers pg 12. It was priceless when ichigo stood back for 2 chapters watched that girl get pumeled by about 4 different characters, wait about a minute than scream at them "what the hell are you guys doing!"

Xerneas
January 19, 2011, 05:49 PM
Star of the Year: Ichigo certainly. Kubo overcompensated though, and took Ichigo's return to prominence to extremes at the cost of other characters (the whole FKT fiasco). Still, his performance against Aizen was the most dazzling to watch, even though I didn't like the fight as a whole.

Most Exciting Death: Gin (I do believe he is dead). Not just the death but the events that preceded it. First his epic betrayal. Then the way Aizen just hauled himself back together after being devastated by Gin's sneak attack, turned into Butterflaizen and then literally tore him up. Those were arguably the best chapters of the year.

Most Disappointing Death: Hallibel. And not just because she was Ms. BLEACH. That death, more than anything else, highlighted Kubo's two major inconsistencies - 1) his treatment of good guys versus bad in terms of taking damage and 2) the retconning of the powerlevel of Vasto Lordes.

Best Fight: Ichigo vs Gin. Cause it actually felt like an old style BLEACH fight. Other fights had some epic moments but they were too uneven for my taste.

Most Shocking Character Development: I wouldn't say there were any really. Gin betraying Aizen, Ichigo coming out of the Dangai a badass and Aizen having a mental breakdown once he started losing were all predictable.

Best Plot Twist: I didn't like it at first, but I suppose the Hogyoku having such a major influence over most of the events. It almost felt like a retcon, but at least Kubo started explaining stuff. And it made sense actually.

Best Moment/Event: Ichigo defeating Aizen. It didn't happen as I would have hoped, but getting rid of him was the best thing Kubo could have done for this story. He was stagnating the manga cause his character prior to that battle was boring and perfect, so he made everything extremely predicable. But for the first time in years I'm at a loss as to what's gonna happen next with certain characters. The manga feels fresh again.

Most Disappointing Moment/Event: The Momo debacle, hands down. Kubo's done some trollish things in the past but this takes the cake. You've got a problem when your manga isn't of the gag variety, and therefore events are meant to be taken seriously -- and yet a character can break the 4th wall. Disappointing is too kind a word when describing this...

Most Fascinating Special Appearance: There weren't any. All of the appearances were expected. There were some fascinating non-appearances though, which left me baffled.

Best Flashback: Ichigo's when he was training with Zangetsu. If you count the anime then Hallibel's was really good too. In fact that was my favourite cause it told a story unlike others that were flimsy and useless (see below).

Worst Flashback: Gin. It seemed Kubo was trying to explain what caused Gin to go on his path and what the mechanics of the Hogyoku were, but what we got was flimsy at best. I actually lol'd while reading it cause I could see what he was trying to do but it just flopped completely. To this day we are still at a loss as to what specifically happened to Rangiku -- was her soul taken or not? -- and exactly what the hell the Hogyoku is. Only a couple weeks back was I finally able to come up with a decent theory on it after the whole Fullbring explanation.

Best Page/Panel: Its hard to choose just one but I'd have to go with -

http://ju-ni.net/gallery/index.php?displaypic=BLEACH%2FWeekly%20Shounen%20JUMP%20Chapters%2Fch418%2Fbleach-ch418-18.png

That. Combined with all the high talk Aizen was spouting just before, and what Ichigo said on the very next page after, that signaled YES -- this really is the beginning of the end for Aizen. It was at that moment that even his most deluded fanboys started seeing the light and feared the worst. Honourable mention goes to all the epic Yama-jii panels against WW and Aizen, as well as Ichigo's "is that all you've got" and Getsuga pages.

Worst Page/Panel: Hard to say. Even when Kubo does something horrid plot-wise its drawn great. I do have to say that Aizen's closeup after he became Abominaizen was awful and awesome at once.

Saint Markus
January 19, 2011, 09:11 PM
Star of the Year: General Commander. even though, he only got a short time to display how bad@$$ he is, his triumph over WW was awesome and catching Aizen off guard was cool too.

Best Death: for me, it was more for Tensa Zangetsu and how he aided Ichigo in a final effort to help him finally come one with his power. something i've been waiting for to happen in the longest.

p.s. (i know he didn't technically die, but his exit was still cool).

best fight: Yammy Vs. Byakuya and Kenpachi. for some reason to me, this is the only fight that actually made any real sense and it was even more comical the way it ended. seem like the three characters were bored with the parring on Kubo's part.

best character development: Shunsui's Shi Kai. it was cool what he did with the whole shadow thing and being able to topple the #1 espada, with skill over power. can't wait to see his ban kai.

best plot twist: Aizen's knowledge of Ichigo's birth and everything else. it was lame, but it's the only real supposed, "plot" twist i could come up with. whatever.

best moment: Isshin using Getsuga Tenshou on Aizen. unexpected and awesome at the same time. and Isshin cursing Ichigo for lying around after Aizen and Gin leave the Fake Karakura Town.

worst moment: Tousen blowing up into pieces in front of Shuhei and Kommamura. that was f***ed up, yo. lol. Kubo, just said, screw it and blew the guy up into pieces in the middle of his dialouge. boom, goes the Tousen. dawwhhhh.

best special appearance: Don Kanonji. most definitely, i was wondering when, he'd return.

best flashback: Barragan's. especially, when Aizen tricked him and made him submit to his order.

worst flashback: Gin's flashback. ????????????????.

that's it. i'm not going over panels. that's too much.

thedarkoneaox
January 19, 2011, 09:25 PM
Star of the Year

Ichigo - Hands down he was the star of the show this year, not only did he pwn Aizen, he facepalmed him out of a city without even pulling out his trumpcard.

Most Exciting Death

Wonder - Even he got excited when he seen that beating coming.

Most Disappointing Death

Tie between Tousen and Harribel because both of them were just space used to make the chapters longer if you ask me. They fought, died, and then were forgotten about.

Best Fight

Ichigo pwning Aizen. Even though Ichigo will never be able to get his revenge on Ulq for facepalming him thru his sword, mask, and 2 building he can say he facepalmed Aizen out of a city.

Ichigo's classmates, now before they were barely seeing spirits, now they can be infront of Captains because point blank if being in front of Aizen brought them to their knees when Gin back in SS made Orihime, and Ishida
passout I think that is alittle bit more than just a jump in power. I wont say they could have did anything more than just been there but for the most part we seen what happened to the one guy who got near Aizen.

Best Plot Twist

When Aizen revealed that he pulled a David Blaine on everyone and had Hits stab his homegirl, that was a twist which was twisted.

Best Moment/Event

When you heard all the Aizen fan's jaws hit the floor when he got facepalmed by Ichigo.

Tousen's death, and when Aizen revealed that he is some creepy stalker who been chasing behind Ichigo trying to shape him into his idea man. Yeah it just sounds bad doesnt it

Isshin, Urahara, Yoi

Best Flashback

None flashback just suck to me

Worst Flashback

ALL of them unless it slow motion flashbacks of facepalming, and Bleach womens including the badgirls :D:p:D

The final tensa zangetsu didn't do jack! Were it not for Uruhara's spell Aizen would have curb stomped Ichigo.
Huh? Maybe I read the wrong thing but Ichigo was a monster, and Aizen got raped... No-one can say that FGT didnt work because it cut Aizen from front to back from nose to nutts. The only reason it seemed like nothing happened is because of the cube, so Aizen lost but Ichigo didn't beat the cube so Aizen had another chance well so he thought atleast.

Worst Flashback

Aizen knowing everything about Ichigo. hEs in ur gardn, stalkin ur m0M. I totally agree, even worse is the fact that he is a grown man stalking a 15 yr old which in turn is far worse but to make it a grave matter its a 15yr old boy

Starrk vs Shunsui...just all talk. im going do this attack ..im going to that attack..then starrk fights against 3 other people ..shunsui cheap shots and people claim he beat starrk 1 on 1 in shikai (more on that later) Cheap shot? What? Hasn't Aizen been using his sword attacking people from behind while under the influenence of his sword the whole time. Listen I understand if you are not a fan of the character, however he only doing the same thing Aizen has been doing since he turned into the villian, so if you say his was cheap and invalid then you basically made Aizen not only look cheap, but like a coward(most always struck from behide, and used a weak injured woman as a shield-replacement, also had to mutate a hollow to try to be able to take on Yamma Ji, attacking weak defenseless women and one weak man i.e Ichigo's classmates), but this was war, a fight for your life anyone would take an opening if they felt they would die the next second. There are no rules in a fight to the death. :oh

jiro
January 20, 2011, 12:47 AM
Best Plot Twist Gin Ichimaru's plot to kill Aizen and revelation of Aizen's weakness. (useless revelation see reasons below)

Most Disappointing Moments/Events
Everytime aizen talks on every Aizen vs Ichigo fight.

Most Disappointing Moment/Event 1st runner up
Aizen vs Ichigo fight especially the 1 hit final getsuga.

Most Disappointing Moment/Event 2nd runner up
is it done? is it over!? what?! they're back on earth!?
what happen to the super dooper power of Aizen? what was that for?
SO Ichigo gained a super power then Aizen got pawned!?

Most Disappointing Plot
1. In the beginning, everything was peaceful.
2. Then there's trouble brewing.
3. Ichigo Trains before the fight.
4. Ichigo travels somewhere to fight the enemies.
5. If enemy is too strong - Instantly before more powerful - one hit K.O. enemy.
6. insert random friends vs random enemy here.
7. Repeat 4,5 & 6 as much as possible.
8. Ichigo fights final boss gets beaten first.
9. Instantly become super powerful then beat/kill last boss.
10. repeat back to 1 with different story/characters. same formula.

meepers4982
January 21, 2011, 12:32 PM
Best Plot Twist Gin Ichimaru's plot to kill Aizen and revelation of Aizen's weakness. (useless revelation see reasons below)

Most Disappointing Moments/Events
Everytime aizen talks on every Aizen vs Ichigo fight.

Most Disappointing Moment/Event 1st runner up
Aizen vs Ichigo fight especially the 1 hit final getsuga.

Most Disappointing Moment/Event 2nd runner up
is it done? is it over!? what?! they're back on earth!?
what happen to the super dooper power of Aizen? what was that for?
SO Ichigo gained a super power then Aizen got pawned!?

Most Disappointing Plot
1. In the beginning, everything was peaceful.
2. Then there's trouble brewing.
3. Ichigo Trains before the fight.
4. Ichigo travels somewhere to fight the enemies.
5. If enemy is too strong - Instantly before more powerful - one hit K.O. enemy.
6. insert random friends vs random enemy here.
7. Repeat 4,5 & 6 as much as possible.
8. Ichigo fights final boss gets beaten first.
9. Instantly become super powerful then beat/kill last boss.
10. repeat back to 1 with different story/characters. same formula.

pessimistic???

Star of the Year: ICHIGO! I thought he was absolutely amazing towards the end of the arc...and mizuiro.

Most Exciting Death: tousen, i never liked the character so seeing him die was a good day for me.

Most Disappointing Death: gin if he died (kubo never specified, he made it ambiguous) and considering stark, haribel, and ulquiorra died in 2009 i wouldnt make them canidates...just saying.

Best Fight: Ichigo vs CreepyAizen but i have to say i enjoyed the little action between gin and ichigo

Most Shocking Character Development: i would say aizen and ichigo. Aizens 'evolution' was definitely something i didnt expect along with ichigo FINALLY not freaking out during a fight, i liked how cool-headed he was against aizen.

Best Plot Twist: ishin appearing in karakura along with yoruichi and kisuke, gin's true intentions, and after that i would say ichigos friends waking up.

Best Moment/Event: I really liked how ichigo appeared infront of aizen after his training and his friends were like D:

Most Disappointing Moment/Event: I was pretty disappointed when aizen evolved again after gin killed him and when he was fighting ichigo, it was to sudden and i liked how aizen looked when he first evolved.

Most Fascinating Special Appearance: ichigos friends, i wasnt expecting them to be awake and stuff. Mizuiro was awesome.

Best Flashback: Ichigos training with Tensa and Hichigo

Worst Flashback: I dont really think any were bad since there werent a lot of them but i dont really like gins since we dont really find out anything from it.

Best Page/Panel: theres like 3-4 pages that i absolutely loved sorry.

http://www.mangareader.net/94-55673-5/bleach/chapter-413.html
http://www.mangareader.net/94-55673-11/bleach/chapter-413.html
http://www.mangareader.net/94-55673-12/bleach/chapter-413.html
http://www.mangareader.net/94-56926-2/bleach/chapter-417.html

Worst Page/Panel: there is none but if any...

http://www.mangareader.net/94-57322-9/bleach/chapter-419.html

just because aizen looks gross.

Takahashi
January 24, 2011, 01:17 AM
Ahh, that`s a long list. Screw it, I`ll just throw out what panel I liked the most that I doubt anyone will agree with me on:

http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-chapter-340-page-19.html

Komamura has the best line ever before destroying someone.

Baromirek
January 29, 2011, 12:40 AM
Star of the Year: Combo between Yama-jii, Aizen-Sama and Ichigo. Yama proved once again, he is the most powerful in the series before any hax takes effect. Aizen had some of the best quotes and moments, even if he was WAY too overpowered from the beginning, not to mention the Hyg. power up. Ichigo only because he was able to defeat the villan of his own manga...if only for a minute. The powerup was too ridiculous though...3 months of training for 1 attack that was rendered useless, and nobody could compare with him anymore. Everyone else in the series is a minor character if Ichigo ever gets back the FGT level/form.

Most Exciting Death: Gin's. (Assuming he's dead.) IMO beautifully orchistrated by Kubo, but he shouldn't have died after the betrayal. (Ideally he would have helped Ichigo win in the end in some way without Ichigo having such a huge plotkai upgrade.) We'll miss him.

Most Disappointing Death: Aizen's. I know he's not dead, but he's dead as far as the story concerns at this point. It all started when he implanted the Hyg. into himself; great move but too much power. I know that Ichigo technically defeated him, since he was losing his powers. (Which he wanted I guess...?) But Urahara joining in as soon as he did with a seal just ruined it. If he had just waited a bit longer...after they had both collapsed would have been best.

Best Fight: Tie between Captains and Captain Commander vs. Aizen and Ichigo vs. Gin. The Captains' fight was amazing, great combos and artwork. Only downside is that since Ichigo is technically still the main character, (even though he can't do jack) nobody can defeat Aizen but him due to the rules of Manga. They were doomed to fail, but they went out in style. Especially the Captain Commander. Badassery to the max.

Gin was able to break the rules of Manga long enough to point out that the main character sucked and needed to improve, while giving us an impressive fight. His bankai (the real version) is still one of the best.

Most Shocking Character Development: Again, a tie between a few things. Aizen losing his mind when he started to lose, Gin's real motives/intentions, and Ichigo getting enough power to bitch-slap Aizen a couple miles xD. No real explaination needed.

Best Plot Twist: Hyg. being the reason for the inconsistencies, Gin's betrayal, most of the Tensa Zangetsu/Hollow Ichigo fight/dialogue, and Momo getting PWND. Although the Hyg. was a thinly veiled Deos ex Machina, it still was a good explaination/twist. Gin for obvious reasons. Tensa Zangetsu because it shows really how deep the whole "inner world, inner self" thing can go, and because he was just awesome. And I never really liked Momo. She should have died in SS arc, but Kubo just doesn't want any of the good guys to die. Seeing her impaled was the ultimate shocker and re-affirmation of Aizen's badassery/trolling.

Best Moment: Ichigo bitch-slapping Aizen xD. That and Hollowfied Ichigo pouncing on Aizen, it was really intense.

Most Disappointing Moment: Pretty much everything that had to do with Ichigo this whole arc. A few rare cases aside, he was just a baby/emo about everything and didn't even have the power/resolve to compare to the people he had previously beaten, not to mention the actual villans.

Most Fascinating Special Appearence: Ichigo in his new form with the chain up his arm, and Matsumoto appearing to try and stop Aizen and Gin. Ichigo just looked cool, and it was interesting to see Rangiku reunited with Gin. But what on earth did she think she could do??? Haha.

Best Flashback: Tie between Gin remembering his past/his previous fight with Ichigo, and Ichigo remembering the Tensa/Hollow fight. Good to finally see what motivated Gin and further the connection to Rangiku, and even better to see back when Ichigo was on top of the world. Tensa flashback for obvious reasons.

Best Page: Too many to pick one. Ichigo in his new form, Gin disintergrating Aizen, Itto Kaso, etc. Kubo never disappoints with his art.

Worst Page: Can't say there was one. All of them are pretty good.

SaintSheik
February 07, 2011, 05:30 PM
Kind of late on this, but with the anime well into the Deicide chapters, I figured why not...

Star of the Year: Ichigo. I believe 2009 ended with Tousen dying and Ichigo entering FKT. With the initial disappointment of his power still being nothing compared to Aizen's aside, he (Ichigo) instantly got points again after that attack he landed on Aizen after Yamamoto's bout. Yama gets an honorable mention and Aizen would too, were it not for the fact that everything he worked for well over 100 years didn't fall apart due to his god-level arrogance. That and he looked like a total crybaby with his "Winners and Losers" speech~

Most Exciting Death: For what its worth: Aizen. But since that isn't really a death-death, I'm going to go with Gin by default because he was literally the only notable character to die, aside from Yammy. Starrk, Harribel, Tousen, hell even Ulquiorra, have gotten mentions but I believe that was 2009, no? Even with those in mind, Gin's death had the most impact IMHO.

Most Disappointing Death: Gin again. I should've seen it coming but its a shame that Gin was killed off just when we started to see development on his end. Good kinda shame, of course. :amuse

Best Fight: Everyone and their grandmother vs. Aizen. Sure you can say things went certain ways for the sake of a plot (er, that's how stories work), but seeing everyone get their shot in after all of that time and, like him or not, knowing that Aizen ran through as many characters as he did got my vote. I would go for Ichigo vs. Aizen but that lasted for three chapters, ending with each opponent landing a hit until Ichigo released the end-game.

Most Shocking Character Development: lol what? I guess this would go to Gin, though shocking isn't the word I would use..

Best Plot Twist: I would go with Gin but, like Ichigo, he's getting too much shine from me right now. That said, I would go with Isshin using the GT. Even though it should've been a given, seeing Isshin go in after Urahara's attacks and unleashing the GT (similar to Ichigo's attack on that Fishbone hollow), was very impressive.

Best Moment/Event: Ichigo arriving in (the real) Karakura Town. Some how, some way, it was able to top his return from Hueco Mundo. It was definitely an "ABOUT TIME" moment. An honorable mention is the post-Deicide chapter, "The Silent Victory". It put a lot of ideas to rest and wrapped up well enough, I think.

Most Disappointing Moment/Event: Don Kanoji-anything. It was one thing to have Afro-San in the story, but after expecting characters like Ryuuken, Tessai, the Shibas, hell, even Kon, seeing Don Kanoji was a major WTH moment.

Most Fascinating Special Appearance: Ichigo in the real Karakura town gets it again buuuuuuutttt Urahara and Isshin's appearance were great as well. Yoruichi's appearance, hell, relevance in FKT is arguably forgettable but that's for another day, I guess.

Best Flashback: Ichigo training with the Complete Zangetsu.

Worst Flashback: Not to say that they were the WORST, but Aizen and Gin's flashbacks were a bit too choppy for me to understand and could've revealed a lot more considering that they were both due to end with this arc as well.

Best Page/Panel: Am I really that much of an Ichigo fan? I would say Ichigo 'pouncing' on Aizen after Yamamoto's kidou, Isshin's GT, Ichigo's return, the Ichigo colorspread, Urahara and Aizen meeting again before Aizen's fall, and when Rukia peaced out. Honestly, most of my best votes go hand-in-hand with this section.

Worst Page/Panel: None really come to mind..In terms of off-art work, a few, but I can't say anything up until the time skip has any outstandingly bad pages/panels. I could've done without that Deicide chapter that was literally dedicated to Ichigo's friends running from Aizen. Yeah, I guess that gets a mention.

Cyber34
June 01, 2011, 10:08 PM
•Star of the Year: Star of the year to me was Ichigo. He put the no 1. stalker of all time Aizen in his place. In addition to that he showed Aizen that the little orb he was so obsessed with had nothing to do with his power growing, but that he was just that damn good to begin with.

•Most Exciting Death: Most exciting death goes to Wonderweiss. He was basically the only one who seemed to have gotten literaly BEATEN to death in the whole arc.

•Most Disappointing Death: Most dissapointing death was Gin. He got slashed across the torso by an evolved Aizen and he didn't die instantly. Not only that but he survived a second attack which was a stab in the gut long enough so he could see his woman cry and realize how badass Ichigo became while he was getting his ass kicked.

•Best Fight: Best fight was Ichigo versus Aizen. It was refreshing seeing him make Aizen sweat and infuriated, after watching him completely disrespect Ichigo before.

•Most Shocking Character Development: Most shocking character development was Gin. I was convinced he was just supposed to be another typical bloodthirsty villain after what he did to Hiyori but Kubo actually shocked me a little with his betrayal.

•Best Plot Twist: Best plot twist was when Aizen turned Yamma's own attack against him. I was expecting a lenghty entertaining fight between him and Aizen after he smashed Wonderweiss into pieces but I was somewhat shocked he got outsmarted and only lasted like a couple of seconds.

•Best Moment/Event: Best moment was when Ichigo used Aizen's own taunt against him by asking why he backed away from him. Aizen new he backed away like a bitch and got pissed off at how much of an arrogant cowardice prick Ichigo proved him to be.

•Most Disappointing Moment/Event: Most dissapointing moment no question was when Ichigo returned to the world of the living and was pissing his pants. He just got done beating the shit out of Ulquiorra and reaching a new form of power and ruthlessness. Turns out he is scared of himself and in the process gets humilated by Aizen and the closet assasin Gin when he could have destroyed both of them if he transfromed properly. But someone wanted Isshin, Urahara, and Yoruichi to see some action so Ichigo had to become a mentally fragile boy.

•Most Fascinating Special Appearance: Most fascinating special appearance happened towards the end of the year with the introduction of the fullbringers. Where exactly has a group of humans with super powers been hiding all this time, and where are they getting all this absurd amount of information on Ichigo from?

•Best Flashback: Best flashback was when Aizen was recalling how no one inferior to himself could sense his power unless he delibrately brought his power down to their level of awareness. After remembering that he realized how wrong he was about Ichigo's power and came to the realization he was at his mercy.

•Worst Flashback: Worst flashback was when Aizen was informing Ichigo on how much he stalked him and tried provoking him to fight specific people in order for his power to increase. It took the entertainment level of those past confrontations down when you realize Ichigo is doing exactly what some self absorbed stalker wants him to do.

•Best Page/Panel: Best page panel was when Ichigo palmed Aizen's face in the middle of his boasting.

•Worst Page/Panel: Worst page panel was when Aizen stood up after getting hit by the best attack of a superpowerful Ichigo. That completely deflated all the excitement that was built up from Ichigo dominating the fight. Once again someone felt the need to give Urahara some screen time and not keep him as merely a spectator.