PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 218 Discussion / 219 Predictions

ghostexiled
January 08, 2011, 11:53 PM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current translation here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/218/)

http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/45512099/1

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

Newkerzy
January 15, 2011, 08:58 AM
http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/45512099/1

I'm actually kinda disappointed in Natsu just when we thought he'd be more wiser regarding his enemies, he still just goes straight on going to try get himself killed:notrust. On the other hand.... Dragon God??!! good lord, Mashima really knows how to make his readers on the edge of their seats. But overall, chapter was meh.

meepers4982
January 15, 2011, 09:01 AM
okay just read the chapter. this chapter was really good and i love how the tide is turning ahhhhh. 'fire god dragon' sound interesting i think it will show who really is the god of fire hahahahah. Nooo poor makarov i dont want him to die but at this point it seems really likely.

I like how mashima incorporated natsus lesson on fear, it put some surprising character development into natsu that even zancrow is surprised about.
am i the only one who finds natsu being pawned somewhat satisfying even though i want him to win?

Kurohitsugi
January 15, 2011, 09:13 AM
Despite the fact that Natsu seems to be fully angered and thus powered-up I want to believe that he is going to retreat. And Caprico owns them all = win

Zeltrax
January 15, 2011, 09:24 AM
Natsu recovered fast, really fast. Really unrealistic.
I know this is a manga and all and it's all fantasy but to recover that fast, seriously?

I don't want to say this but this arc was really good and will stay that way if he lose.
Fear? Is he talking about fear because all I see is anger. Did he even learnt anything from Gildart?

Ero-Sanji
January 15, 2011, 09:30 AM
The question for today is: When will Natsu ever feel the fear Gildartz talked about?

I'm not satisfied, I was pumped up for this chapter and got disappointed. Same thing that happened with Zero and Gerard is happening now, come on, get the kid beaten sometime. However, Caprico is of the hook taking on four fairly good mages at ones is awesome!

Next chapter name is interesting though and hey Makarov is still alive!

EDIT: Hades was the one who taught the kin their magic and he's refered as god so what if he has the power to recreate or greatly modify magic, so as to say God slayer is an enhanced form of dragon slayer magic. That could explain the fangs that Zancrow has and the ability to eat fire.

Rowel
January 15, 2011, 09:30 AM
Very good, glad to see "God" refers to Hades.

I was kind of disappointed to see a clip of the fight vs. Caprico, I want to see all of that fight and the revelations. It looked like maybe they were just testing each other, so perhaps Leo hasn't been recognized and Lucy hasn't revealed that she is a Stellar Spirit.

Watch Caprico state that he is a "free" stellar spirit, that somehow Hades has brainwashed him into believing he owns his own contract. Assuming Caprico is a Stellar Spirit. Also, very glad to see Makarov still alive but disappointed with the translation, has Natsu ever called him "Grandpa" before?

It said DRAGONgod Brilliant Flame, so its Natsu's, also he used a "Brilliant" flame attack in this chapter.

BlackHair
January 15, 2011, 09:38 AM
So there are no Gods afterall, thank god. I thought it was a asspull shit.

Anyway, best shounen chapter this week for me. I still hoping Mac won't meet his ends. Natsu will definitely beat the godfire dude. I don't even need to remember his name, he will be over very soon. I believe we will finally see DragonForce without outside help.

PS: If Natsu somehow beats Hades (by a shounen cliché powerup), who Mac couldn't even touch, then I will seriously think about dropping the manga. I don't care who helped him (though I would accept Igneel or Zeref xD).

Zatono
January 15, 2011, 09:53 AM
Called it.

I'm pretty you guys are taking this whole "God Slayer" thing a little too far. For all we know, Zancrow named it himself. Sure, its probably stronger then DS fire, since it IS forbidden after all, but God Slayer? Are there tangible Gods in the Fairy Tail universe that we've yet to hear about? Zancrow is probably bullshitting about the name.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2248947&postcount=81

Didn't I say you guys were taking this whole God Slayer thing too seriously? Sheesh.

You Say
January 15, 2011, 10:03 AM
Hmm, that God thing is probably better this way, but on the other hand It's even kinda sad. You know, if Mashima really put them well into the story... Gods and Dragons fight would be totally awesome! And "god" isn't necessary almighty creature. In Fairy Tails world it could also mean only unimaginable powerfull creatures, but not invincible. But I guess that's not happening.
This was pretty good chapter. I'm not so sure about Natsu beating Zancrow now, but we'll see. And now I've remembered... from whole Fairy Tail world we've only see some parts of Kingdom Fiore... I hope that Mashima will take us into the other kingdoms or lands as well.

And I really like Zancrow. He looks and acts like Gazille from Phantom Lord arc... only with craziness multiplied by four or six. :)

kkck
January 15, 2011, 10:37 AM
Just because it was hades who taught zancrow his magic does not mean the god thing is meaningless though. Its not like we have reason to believe that zancrow's magic was meant to mimic the power and constitution of hades. The important thing here would be who or what exactly is being mimicked with that magic. More importantly, based on the title the theme next chapter won't be about a fire dragon beating zancrow but rather a dragon god so what is about to happen is that natsu is about to push his magic up a level through sheer anger. Perhaps this will be the first time natsu will use dragon force on his own rather than with the help of ethereon or the flame of rebuke?

tobeulp
January 15, 2011, 11:14 AM
Good chapter but if Natsu manage to beat Zancrow I would be pissed.. Even if Mashima wants to hyped the Dragon slayer thing it is not the time in this arc...

And I think Hades had a connection with the Zeref in the Island like he is his son...

zelllogan
January 15, 2011, 11:17 AM
I didn't like the the start of the chapter. It was obvious that fairy tail members will be in a bad situation. But I liked the end & I really expect Zancrow to be finished in the next chapter.

shinsengumi
January 15, 2011, 11:19 AM
i still believe "god slayer" magic is -as its tittle suggests- about mimicing the powers of a god and zancrow didnt just made up the name
just like how lachryma-dragon-slayers who are not originally trained by dragons are still considered as "dragon slayers" , a god slayer who wasnt tought by a god but a human (who can actually teach it) may still be considered as a god slayer as long as the concept of the magic is the same -> "mimicing the powers of a god"

Big Al
January 15, 2011, 11:25 AM
So far, so good, I knew that will happan, Natsu has no chance against that crazy bugger as first, then again, filling with rage + fear (fear also good way to make ya strong) and pushing his limit (again) to get powerup, I don't know what the hell is Mashima thinking of but I say, it something to look forward. To beat Hades...no chance, I don't think he can but we never know what inside Mashima's head :P

Call me crazy but I think Mashima trying to make Natsu to be more like Gohan (DBZ), lol.

has Natsu ever called him "Grandpa" before?

I believe Natsu call him Jicchan (another way of saying Jii-san, grandpa) but that didn't make him, his grandpa. Just the way of saying to other people like -san, -chan, -ossan.

Natsu Dragonil
January 15, 2011, 11:48 AM
Interesting chapter!

First we learnt that Zancrows flame arenÄt the first flames that Natsu couldn't eat or thought they were too hot.

Second it seems only DS magic is the only lost magic which is taught by other beings than humans to the mages which is most likely why it is superior to the other lost magics.

Seeing that Natsu is going to go bersek ino Dragon god mode I find it kinda sad that characters such as Gray and gazille could never pull something like Natsu off.
I mean Gazille got badly injured from some lackeys and Gray with the help of 3 rather mid strong mages is getting baten by a stellar spirit.

Zeref is waiting for Natsu to get strong enough to "break" him.
So how will Zeref react to Natsu who will use a Dragon god technique?

biron
January 15, 2011, 12:22 PM
also i see many people didnt like god slayer asspull just like me
im glad it turned out this way but its just cheap to do something like this
its as if luffy said "gear4" at the end of the chapter and in the next chapter it turned out that he was just doing new move from gear3

and again, this so called god slayer gets scared when natsu gets serious
its even more pathetic than the situation with cobra and asspull roar (there was at least something funny in that situation)
if natsu stomps him in next chapter or two without showing somethin extremely good ill just facepalm and read the whole ark when it ends (i am not FT hater but i reaally dont like to be disappointed few weeks in a row maybe itll look better when reading fast )

tho i must say im more optimistic than i was last week and thats coz i think mashima may pull something related to mest and the council

matzik1212
January 15, 2011, 12:31 PM
OMG awesome chapter:D i just love natsu ...thank god that it wasn't just normal fear that natsu was feeling for a second there he tricked me:XD...i'm curious to see in what way he changed...i mean his body..i'm guessing he will transform into a dragon ?? at least his body was begining to change that was my impression ;)

exacta
January 15, 2011, 12:54 PM
I don't like the title of the next chapter......it makes it sound like Natsu is gonna do another asspull. Natsu was getting completely owned this chapter, for him to get a powerup simply from seeing Makarov hurt( and one strong enough to overpower Zancrow at that) would be extremely lame. Wouldn't be so bad if after Natsu wins we find out that everyone else lost though.

If the Seven Kin and Hades lose here that would make this arc kinda disappointing......if its gonna end here, the GH mages should at least inflict some heavy casualties, and someone should intervene to save FTs ass.

I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of Hades losing to Natsu, but he is the main antagonist of this arc and possibly a much bigger part of this series plot, and Natsu is the main character. As long as Mashima does it properly, and not with some nakama crap.

MyuuMyuu
January 15, 2011, 12:59 PM
interesting chapter.. Makarov seems badly injured. Anyone who remember when Charle got a vision about Natsu and Cana Crying? i got at theory about them crying because makarov dies. i have not figured it out about the hand we saw lying on the ground, but a guess could be that makarov protects one of the girls (lucy or Levi would be my guess) and then gets the final hit which will kill him.. so the hand-thing we saw was hiro mashima tricking us to think that one of the girls would get killed but its makarov instead. Mashima likes to trick us, remember? ;)

Lee-tyme7
January 15, 2011, 01:14 PM
Hmm, that God thing is probably better this way, but on the other hand It's even kinda sad. You know, if Mashima really put them well into the story... Gods and Dragons fight would be totally awesome! And "god" isn't necessary almighty creature. In Fairy Tails world it could also mean only unimaginable powerfull creatures, but not invincible. But I guess that's not happening.

Yeah, it's just like Greek Mythology, Clash of the Titans. Heroes slayed gods all the time. (Madusa, the Kraken) It make for an interesting story. Just because Zancrow isn't a real god slayer user doesn't mean some form of gods doesn't exist. It make you wonder though.
I really like the next chapter tittle. Natsu becomes a dragon god. lol.
[hr]

and again, this so called god slayer gets scared when natsu gets serious
its even more pathetic than the situation with cobra and asspull roar (there was at least something funny in that situation)

The dragon roar was not asspull it has good reason. In every fight we see Natsu slowly gaining some of a dragon abilities that igneel should have. Now with the tittle for next chapter it's possible that the dragons were once consider as gods.

1337 haxor
January 15, 2011, 01:19 PM
Let's see, Hades uses Amaterasu while Zancrow uses Kagutsuchi.

Now that we take a look at it makes perfect sense he refers to Hades as the god who taught him.

They use the same flames only that Hades's are far stronger than Zancrow's.

I am really beggining to think of Hades like an Aizen of sorts, he knows all and it's far overpowered when compared to pretty much everyone else.

Anyway I am doubting what will come next.

If Natsu turns into a Dragon then Zancrow is toast, also that would make him facing Hades far less nonsense that it seems now.

As Gildartz said, dragons can only be killed by other dragons and having a dragon giving Hades a run for his money would be somewhat epic.

Zehahaha
January 15, 2011, 01:27 PM
I'm so sorry, but I tried to kept my fanboy side under control... But I just can't.
GO NATSUUUU, DEFEAT THAT ZANCROW !
Natsu is seriously awesome, I loved the look on Zancrow's face, it was priceless haha

kkck
January 15, 2011, 01:44 PM
The thing we have to remember here also is that even if they are dragon and god slayers they still have yet to necessarily reach that level. Remember when Gildarts fought the black dragon? He was owned and lost his organs in an instant as he stated. Based on what he said he could not even hope to fight back. Has natsu as a DS reached such a level? Ideally a DS takes the constitution of a dragon so ideally a DS should be able to find on par with an actual dragon. In that sense, there is still plenty of room for natsu to grow as a dragon. Odds are zancrow himself is actually pretty far from the power of a god or whatever other creature he is mimicking so the most likely scenario is that natsu can indeed grow past the level zancrow has even if zancrow's powers should indeed be inherently a level above natsus. Then again, are these goods actually superior to dragons? Wasn't it said it was dragons who ruled the earth at some point (Cant find the exact chapter though, correct me if I am wrong)? In that sense, why would dragons be ruling if there are gods? Perhaps dragons overthrew the gods some time ago which would mean dragons were actually not inferior to gods? Either way, DS magic is also a lost magic which should mean it is close to the source of all magic right?

p1xel
January 15, 2011, 02:05 PM
Eh, looks like FT isn`t going to lose. Another powerup? That`s bad. I thought FT will lose once. And now I start thinking that Makarov will survive. Looks like this arc will have a happy ending... Maybe Natsu will become a class S mage?
Anyway, FT is still a decent shonen. Maybe this arc won`t be that bad...

Jorge D. Dragon
January 15, 2011, 02:12 PM
I really liked the chapter! It was logical to see that 7 kin will overpower FT mages, though I do hope that at least someone of FT mages will win or end their fights in a draw.
I lied Natsu's fight and in fact I'm not dissapointed in the end of a chapter. Natsu always was like this and got power-ups in such situations. Rage makes him stronger, it's in some way a sorce of his power which amplifies his Dragon Slayer magic, so it's rather logical for me. I can see him defeating Zancrow in the next chapter, cause he is too cocky. Natsu always beats at least one strong character during one arc. Sometimes even more, so it's a good chance for him to improve not only as a Dragon Slayer, but also as a mage. He has to become an S-class mage eventually. In this arc or in the next and I believe that in the end he will also become one of the 10 Holy Mages.

Of course I don't see Natsu beating Hades or Fairy Tail beating Grimmore Heart, but I hope at least that someone of FT will shine and Makarov won't die.

About Hades... I think that he may really know plenty of magic styles aside of beingjust damn strong mage. Maybe he collects different magic styles to become an actual Dark God of the Fairy Tail World.

Curryman
January 15, 2011, 03:09 PM
LOVING this chapter....

I bet the people saying Fairy Tail will get massacred were so happy for 3/4 of the chapter until the last part. :p

Zancrow's done for.:)

Did I call the asspull new technique coming up or what?

I still do believe they will lose a battle or two though but Fairy Tail is winning this battle as a whole whether it means Laxus showing up or whatever it takes....Grimoire Heart is done for.

Sevenheadedmirror
January 15, 2011, 03:24 PM
I couldn't do but giggle when Zancrow ate Natsu's flame; How does it feel?. There are sometimes when I hate Natsu and quite frankly this was one of them. This isn't the same sort of fear? You got your ass kicked the leader is bleeding to death; instead of learning his lesson and running with him attempting to get the curing girl or retreat to save his recently burned friends OR may be get the guy that thought him the lesson (you know the absurdly powerful monster). No, he decides to get his ass whooped one more time with his anger bonus so that the old master can be turned to a more delicious crisp in the crossfire. Dammit if Zancrow loses by the ass pull of Natsu's feelings I'll get so freakingly mad.

OH and in case you doubt it, I prefer my Makarov dead, not 'rescuably' alive but dead. While making him have a new battle with Hades is temptingly cool, I prefer him dead. I understand he could live and give his place to Laxus as it had been foreshadowed; but no, I prefer him dead. Dammit Makarov die for the drama!!!!

MonsterEnvy
January 15, 2011, 03:26 PM
I think Natsu is going to fight a little more envenly with Zancrow but still lose and then retreat

kkck
January 15, 2011, 03:27 PM
Ok, there is one thing I just noticed here. Through past arcs Natsu's sheer importance to the plot has been noticed a number of times. In the very first chapter gerard called him the son of dragneel(perhaps not the first but whatever lol), gerard also called him a ray of hope and he seems to know a bit about the dragons. The bit about makarov talking about FT having 3 DS coming true also comes to mind. Now, zeref also pretty much implied natsu is the one that is supposed to defeat him. So, shouldn't someone like hades who is supposed to know the history of magic and zeref to its very roots be more familiar with natsu and his purpose? Dunno, it just seems as if natsu should be the first natural target for someone so interested in zeref and yet he just calmly lets his kids go into battle against him. Perhaps he is ignorant of natsu, his deeds and purpose? That would be strange considering his relationship to gerard through urtear and oracion 6 though. Or perhaps he does know of natsu's purpose which is why he is purposely not interfering with him?

Jorge D. Dragon
January 15, 2011, 03:43 PM
kkck
I think Hades just thinks that 7 kins will be enough to stop Fairy Tail including Natsu.:)
Even if he kicks Zancrow there are 6 othres ofr the 7 kin and then there is Hades himself who is way stronger than Makarov, so he doesn't take Natsu or other FT members in account for now, cause they are not powerful enough to stop him and his plans.:)

P.S. Also someone in the thread asked where it was written that Dragons ruled the ancient world:
http://www.mangareader.net/135-40111-13/fairy-tail/chapter-160.html

Sevenheadedmirror
January 15, 2011, 03:43 PM
Ok, there is one thing I just noticed here. Through past arcs Natsu's sheer importance to the plot has been noticed a number of times. In the very first chapter gerard called him the son of dragneel(perhaps not the first but whatever lol)........ To me it had always been the opponent recognizing his abilities rather than his role being official in history. You know, like when Kakashi said Naruto had a weird power of making friends it didn't meant someone would write it down, it's like the role of the char. being identified by an opponent at the precise moment his cognitive abilities allow him/her to.

Finale
January 15, 2011, 03:44 PM
The thing we have to remember here also is that even if they are dragon and god slayers they still have yet to necessarily reach that level. Remember when Gildarts fought the black dragon? He was owned and lost his organs in an instant as he stated. Based on what he said he could not even hope to fight back. Has natsu as a DS reached such a level? Ideally a DS takes the constitution of a dragon so ideally a DS should be able to find on par with an actual dragon. In that sense, there is still plenty of room for natsu to grow as a dragon. Odds are zancrow himself is actually pretty far from the power of a god or whatever other creature he is mimicking so the most likely scenario is that natsu can indeed grow past the level zancrow has even if zancrow's powers should indeed be inherently a level above natsus. Then again, are these goods actually superior to dragons? Wasn't it said it was dragons who ruled the earth at some point (Cant find the exact chapter though, correct me if I am wrong)? In that sense, why would dragons be ruling if there are gods? Perhaps dragons overthrew the gods some time ago which would mean dragons were actually not inferior to gods? Either way, DS magic is also a lost magic which should mean it is close to the source of all magic right?

Its official. Fairy Tail is turning into Breath of Fire! Natsu=Ryu. But on a slightly more serious note whose to say the gods of humans are the gods of dragons? In the forgotten realms settings the different races have different gods. So for all we know the dragons have their own gods, hence the title of the next chapter.

kkck
January 15, 2011, 04:28 PM
kkck
I think Hades just thinks that 7 kins will be enough to stop Fairy Tail including Natsu.:)
Even if he kicks Zancrow there are 6 othres ofr the 7 kin and then there is Hades himself who is way stronger than Makarov, so he doesn't take Natsu or other FT members in account for now, cause they are not powerful enough to stop him and his plans.:)

P.S. Also someone in the thread asked where it was written that Dragons ruled the ancient world:
http://www.mangareader.net/135-40111-13/fairy-tail/chapter-160.html

Dunno about that lol.... I mean, if natsu is supposed to take out the most powerful dark mage in history, then how does it make sense for hades to leave the task of taking out natsu to the seven kin? Or would he expect the seven kin to have a similar level to zeref? Perhaps the seven kin is strong enough to take out natsu now however wouldn't the sheer importance of the task justify for hades to take special measures rather than just let his kin wander about? And lets be realistic, natsu has taken out erigor, gazille, gerard, zero, cobra and somehow pulled a victory against luxus, it just seems reckless to not take special considerations against him for the most part specially if hades is aware of natsu's role and involvement with zeref. It just seems as if natsu is the kind of enemy which someone like hades should give special consideration unless of course he is actually ignorant of something which people he has manipulated knew about..... Or perhaps he knows something we don't....

chess4
January 15, 2011, 04:30 PM
yes fairy tail is severely outmatched. remember the little girl with gazille is going to get help. all they gotta do is hold on until gildartz and the crew shows up. remember the old lady in the woods, she might even show up.

i think that hades will spare the lives of the fairy tail members as one last good gesture of being its old master. zeref is the trump card

Ero-Sanji
January 15, 2011, 04:37 PM
Dunno about that lol.... I mean, if natsu is supposed to take out the most powerful dark mage in history, then how does it make sense for hades to leave the task of taking out natsu to the seven kin? Or would he expect the seven kin to have a similar level to zeref? Perhaps the seven kin is strong enough to take out natsu now however wouldn't the sheer importance of the task justify for hades to take special measures rather than just let his kin wander about? And lets be realistic, natsu has taken out erigor, gazille, gerard, zero, cobra and somehow pulled a victory against luxus, it just seems reckless to not take special considerations against him for the most part specially if hades is aware of natsu's role and involvement with zeref. It just seems as if natsu is the kind of enemy which someone like hades should give special consideration unless of course he is actually ignorant of something which people he has manipulated knew about..... Or perhaps he knows something we don't....

Don't you think it would be a bit boring if every villain did a massive attack on Natsu just because he beat other strong fellows? They're villains, remember, they are ignorant and arrogant just because those guys lost against Natsu doesn't mean that they will. However I don't think that many people know about the dragons and their kids and how they will effect the world.

kamakazi_1996
January 15, 2011, 04:39 PM
this is a decent chapter, i think Natsu was afraid at first of Zancrow but when he saw what Hades did to Makarov, all his fear had turned into Rage and we all know when Natsu gets mad, awesome stuff is gonna start happening :)

He looked like he was gonna use dragon force but this time he isn't using the ethiron or flame of rebuke, i always wanted him to be able to use dragon force on his own, this is probably the next step to him becoming an s-class mage howver i dont see him beating hades unless he has a lot of help from either Gildartz,Laxus or even Zeref.

If Natsu actually turns into a dragon he MIGHT be able to go toe to toe with Hades i can imagine natsu with wings on his back and claws fighting on par with Hades

kkck
January 15, 2011, 04:43 PM
Don't you think it would be a bit boring if every villain did a massive attack on Natsu just because he beat other strong fellows? They're villains, remember, they are ignorant and arrogant just because those guys lost against Natsu doesn't mean that they will. However I don't think that many people know about the dragons and their kids and how they will effect the world.

I am not talking about natsu just defeating those guys. Natsu and zeref are very closely related, their history most likely dates to centuries ago. Its not just his feats but more like the destiny he is supposed to have. If hades really traced down zeref history then he really should know the things even a meager pawn like gerard knew about him. I just get the impression hades is neglecting natsu, the supposed killer or whatnot of zeref.

Lord.Strife
January 15, 2011, 05:27 PM
Some are complaing about natsus sudden powerup and i thought yodas quote from the phantom menace was appropriate:
fear leads to anger
anger leads to strength
strength leads to suffering

ghostexiled
January 15, 2011, 05:36 PM
I see nothing wrong with how this arc is playing out. just because Natsu has gotten pissed and seems to be ready to whoop ass... doesn't mean anything.

If you guys would take the time to remember that Gazille went thru the same thing when he fought the 2 fodder goons. He did not come out all roses at the end of that fight... he is outta the fight for now.

So the smarter thing to do, is to take the "wait and see..." approach to this arc.

Natsu is serious, but can you really say that Zancrow is?

Natsu Dragonil
January 15, 2011, 05:40 PM
@kkck:
Maybe Zeref didn't leaf any information about Natsu at his grave.I mean everything Hades learnt about Zeref was at Zeref's grave.

I don't know how people can say Natsu is powering up out of nowhere when even Gerard said that natsu's power is unlimited and the strongest mage that ever lived said that Natsu is the only one capable to desroying him.
Natsu has/had always the power but can't control or unleash it a bit like Ichigo Kuroaski of Bleach.

shinsengumi
January 15, 2011, 05:49 PM

hey , your post's last part is kinda smilar with an idea of mine
i thought maybe god slayer magic was originally used by dragons instead of humans ?? humans use dragon slayer magic to fight against dragons and dragons use god slayer magic to fight gods , doesnt it make sense ?? im not theorizing tho , just fantasizing

Kurohitsugi
January 15, 2011, 05:57 PM
I see nothing wrong with how this arc is playing out. just because Natsu has gotten pissed and seems to be ready to whoop ass... doesn't mean anything.

If you guys would take the time to remember that Gazille went thru the same thing when he fought the 2 fodder goons. He did not come out all roses at the end of that fight... he is outta the fight for now.

So the smarter thing to do, is to take the "wait and see..." approach to this arc.

Natsu is serious, but can you really say that Zancrow is?

I can't agree more to this one. Natsu getting angered doesn't mean that it will necessarily turn the tide of the battle. Zancrow wasn't fighting seriously at all until now. I have my doubts in the gap between those two will change because Natsu had a power up. I still believe that Zancrow will not be defeated in only two chapters. Even the less important Oracion Ceis members had each one many chapters of fighting/interaction before their respective demise. Zancrow, who seems to be the right person for an "evil" rival to Natsu, can't lose now.

Also since I believe that FT will win or lose as a whole and Caprico is easily pwning the others, I still think that Natsu will lose and will be forced to retreat or at least force a stalemate. Who knows, maybe his will to continue the battle will backfire and it will end up forcing Makarov to use his last drop of strength to save his child as a last sacrifice. That would be the greatest lesson for our protagonist.

I like Natsu so much as a main character and that's why I want him to be defeated so badly in this fight.

Ero-Sanji
January 15, 2011, 06:00 PM
I am not talking about natsu just defeating those guys. Natsu and zeref are very closely related, their history most likely dates to centuries ago. Its not just his feats but more like the destiny he is supposed to have. If hades really traced down zeref history then he really should know the things even a meager pawn like gerard knew about him. I just get the impression hades is neglecting natsu, the supposed killer or whatnot of zeref.

But what has gerard said? All I can remember is that he sees him as a typical shounen "ray of light"(correct me if I'm wrong) but that doesn't mean anything, that's just intuition same thing that made Purehito see Makarov as the fitting leader.

Then again this "destiny" has only been spoken of by Zeref himself meaning that it's lost information the same way no one knows why the dragons disappeared and why Natsu couldn't break through the barrier. The impression you're feeling is what I was trying to explain earlier, even if Hades knew Natsus supposed "destiny" he doesn't give a damn since he is just stronger, or at least thinks so.

sarutobi_sensei
January 15, 2011, 06:11 PM
Yey Makarov aint' dead yet, but @ least I was partially correct on saying that he would speak to Natsu before he died.

Natsu right now is pissed beyond belief. I'm now sure that he will defeat Zancrow who was even fazed by Natsu's growing power. Hehe, time to see the Dragon Roar again.

kidopitz27
January 15, 2011, 06:44 PM
nice chapter Natsu is boiling in hot rage can't wait for the next chapter

i think gildart will pawn someone in the seven or fight hades

the guy that makes natsu's scarf turn black maybe he is the black dragon and you know in some games like chrono cross and breath of fire they are the most powerful dragons in par with whites :)

Lord.Strife
January 15, 2011, 06:47 PM
Natsu doesn't need to lose again since he got thoroughly defeated by gildartz who in turn was owned by a dragon. I am banking on either natsu winning or the battle is postponed as GH get zeref and leave. Expecting some reinforcements later hopefully luxus has some way of getting their fast.

I am also wondering if the first m,aster of fairy tail is dead or just sleeping which would be awesome to have him wake up.

Okay rants over :)

kkck
January 15, 2011, 07:02 PM
@kkck:
Maybe Zeref didn't leaf any information about Natsu at his grave.I mean everything Hades learnt about Zeref was at Zeref's grave.

I don't know how people can say Natsu is powering up out of nowhere when even Gerard said that natsu's power is unlimited and the strongest mage that ever lived said that Natsu is the only one capable to desroying him.
Natsu has/had always the power but can't control or unleash it a bit like Ichigo Kuroaski of Bleach.

Zeref's grave? I don't remember anything of the sort being said at all.... Zeref said natsu can't defeat him "yet" though, natsu is still very far away from such an objective.

3c
January 15, 2011, 07:09 PM
I don't get the hate. Even if Natsu ends up winning against Zancrow at this moment, which I doubt, there's still an extremely high chance of FT losing this war. The best that can happen for them is that Natsu, and possibly Erza win their respective battles, but they'll lose the war. There's just no way they'll be able to take on Hades now. I think they'll have to retreat, Natsu will realize or be forced to retreat eventually, and they'll have to actually grow stronger instead of triumph through power ups in every battle.

This chapter was great in my opinion. The battle went as expected, but the thing I liked the most was Natsu's character development. Because honestly he's been awfully static throughout the manga. That's why his development during his fight with Gildartz was so spectacular. That development was nicely tied into this chapter too, and the way it was tailored into Natsu's conversation with Makarov and his motivational build up was great.

FT is growing more awesome with every chapter. I say keep up the good work.

eefrit
January 15, 2011, 07:43 PM
I don't think its hate, I just think people are bored with Natsu doing the "Nakama" power up. I wouldn't mind it so much if he didn't win most of his battles like that, but he does and it is getting old. Not only that but I would like to see Natsu actually lose once and again. Not get beaten close to death and then win. I mean he gets beaten and the bad guy leaves an unconscious Natsu. I know he is strong and the protagonist, but a major loss would at least make him seem less...miraculous.

swordsaintscoot
January 15, 2011, 07:55 PM
People are bored with Natsu doing the Nakama power up?

In the Eligor arc, HAPPY himself stated that the more intense Natsu's emotions, the more intense his flames grow.

Flames of emotion or something like happy called them. these emotional power ups arent asspulls. They've been there from the first arc.

I don't think Natsu will beat Zancrow anyway. Even if he does, he won't beat Hades. FT isn't going to 'win' the whole fight.

Natsu's development is interesting for me. His fear was different, now he's fearing that he doesnt have the strength to protect his friends, through his flames of emotion his power is growing. If he does beat Zancrow this time, and then FT loses this arc, then when Zancrow returns for round 2 I think zancrow will win because there won't be any arrogance coming to the fight, and most likely natsu won't have an emotional power up.

If he does beat Zancrow, I want him to fight Hades. Where he can witness true despair and decide on the retreat.

MonsterEnvy
January 15, 2011, 07:55 PM
Yey Makarov aint' dead yet, but @ least I was partially correct on saying that he would speak to Natsu before he died.

Natsu right now is pissed beyond belief. I'm now sure that he will defeat Zancrow who was even fazed by Natsu's growing power. Hehe, time to see the Dragon Roar again.

and it will get eaten just like last time Natsu i belive will fight closer to Zancrows level this time but still fall

eefrit
January 15, 2011, 08:18 PM
People are bored with Natsu doing the Nakama power up?

In the Eligor arc, HAPPY himself stated that the more intense Natsu's emotions, the more intense his flames grow.

Well, I'm getting pretty tired of those types of power up. I'm mostly tired of the contsant winning however. I love Natsu, he is one of my most favorite manga protagonist, but he can be ridiculous sometimes with the opponents he fights and win against.

While that is true and it isn't asspull, it can seem that way how easily he overcomes the sheer amount of ownage the antagonist had given him in the last chapter.

Razh
January 15, 2011, 08:49 PM
While that is true and it isn't asspull, it can seem that way how easily he overcomes the sheer amount of ownage the antagonist had given him in the last chapter.

It wasn't really that much of an ownage. Yeah, the dude blew him away a couple of times but Natsu can take a lot more punishment than that. Frankly, I'm surprised that people expected Natsu won't keep fighting. That shit he went through is just a warm up for guys like him.

ghostexiled
January 15, 2011, 08:53 PM
I agree with 3c on this. If anyone else was put in Natsu's position... they would rage as well. Hell it is a realistic outcome given the scenario.

If you saw someone close to you hanging by a thread of life... you would get pretty pissed as well.

Besides, like I stated before too many people seem to think the fight has already ended just based on Natsu getting pissed here... when a few chapters back we had Gazille react in the same fashion and he still got dumped on pretty hard.

Natsu has not overcome anything IMO... all he did was get really upset. I would agree he overcame the situation if he had turned around and knocked Zancrow for a loop... but he did not.

Zancrow was hardly using anything close to full power... yet so many are declaring this match over and won by Natsu.

ca12nag3
January 15, 2011, 09:05 PM
Ive already discussed it with some people and to my opinion, Natsu might win this fight but eventualy hed have to realize the greater picture here, gather everyone he can find and evacuate.
A true S-Class would not risk his guild friends for a fit of rage or revenge. So he should shake this guy off and find the others so they can get off the island.

Seeing how Caprico takes on 4 mages at once is already over the top and i dont think the others are doing any better at the moment.

kkck
January 15, 2011, 09:33 PM
I think we have to remember that grimmoire heart did not go to fairy island to destroy FT but rather to find zeref and awake whatever is inside of him. In that sense, this won't necessarily end with victory or defeat for either guild, it might altogether end once hades finds zeref.

Yashie
January 15, 2011, 09:57 PM
Ive already discussed it with some people and to my opinion, Natsu might win this fight but eventualy hed have to realize the greater picture here, gather everyone he can find and evacuate.
A true S-Class would not risk his guild friends for a fit of rage or revenge. So he should shake this guy off and find the others so they can get off the island.

Seeing how Caprico takes on 4 mages at once is already over the top and i dont think the others are doing any better at the moment.

You seriously think Natsu'll do that? I mean the others will all be like "Let's Evacuate and leave this to Natsu and Gildartz/Laxus/Both!" and Natsu and Laxus maybe, will join up together and use combined dragon-slayer magic on Hades' backside (Maybe along with Gildartz) and they'll kick him! I hope .... I like when FT wins :darn

Athrin
January 15, 2011, 10:43 PM
Some people make it seem that Natsu won't experience that fear Gildartz was speaking of. I'm sure once he faces Hades, he will remember what Markrov and Gildartz and retreat. Definitely agree with the wait and see idea.

sarutobi_sensei
January 15, 2011, 10:48 PM
and it will get eaten just like last time Natsu i belive will fight closer to Zancrows level this time but still fall

:eyeroll I didn't mean a literal Fire Dragon Roar, I meant it as an expression, that the Dragon will Roar in rage and fight back.

eefrit
January 15, 2011, 11:26 PM
Oops, I wasn't exactly clear, I meant other antagonist not Zancrow.

llamapie
January 16, 2011, 02:44 AM
Great chapter. So Natsu is going to go super dragon mode now. I want him to beat zancrow easily but that may be too much to ask for.

R3D
January 16, 2011, 04:54 AM
There is one thing i dont get . is natsu slowly getting stronger or is he already godly strong but dosnt or dont know how to use his full power ? cuz natsu learned DS techniques from igneel so he should have all sorts of techs that we havent seen him use yet , but now igneel is gone so natsu cant learn anything from it atm , so since natsu has the power to slay a dragon , why is he struglling against humans ? and how come he seems to be getting stronger where as he is supposed to be at a level where s class mages seem like fodder to him and if he is struggling against people like zancrow does it mean the dragons were not that strong and were overestimated ? and natsu doesnt seem to go to train during his free time , he just gets experience from just fighting his enemies . Natsu should be wtf owning his opponents from the start instead of struggling and then suddenly getting lucky or getting angry and then he powers up , but that way the fights doenst seem interesting but he shouldnt be getting beat up in the first place and natsu didnt get scared when he first met igneel ?

ghostexiled
January 16, 2011, 05:03 AM
I think the situation is Natsu was trained so much and then nothing...

If Igneel would of stuck around then Natsu would be close to hax powerful.

But since Igneel left, then Natsu was just tought the basics of DS and has had to improvise the rest of his abilities... or unlock them thru his emotional well.

Or it could be as simple as he knows everything but some how has forgotten a chunk of it and is gaining the missing stuff back slowly thru each fight.

Take Wendy for example... she knew the pre-school version of DS and has had to learn new stuff from watching and fighting with Natsu and Gazille.

All 3 of them are incomplete DS's due to the sudden disappearance of the dragons... hence the disappointment from Zeref when Natsu and him fought briefly.

Either way, it has been shown that the 3 of them are lost on some aspects of their abilities... that was shown during the Luxus arc, when they couldn't leave the Guild.

kidopitz27
January 16, 2011, 07:09 AM
back when they where fighting Laxus there was a barrier that prevents 80yrs old and statues go out maybe natsu and gajeel are both stones at the first place and the dragons created them or they are the reincarnation of the dragons themselves

on the latest chapter Zancrow said that they are god slayer but they even didn't kill a god they just copied their powers and natsu and the others are maybe born with their dragon powers because they are dragons at the first place

sorry if i compare this to BOF IV but people who kill dragons in that game proclaim that they are gods because dragons are powerful beings

and i saw this in chapter 131 page 12 i think that grimoire heart has a lot of guild under them after this arc in the island a war will brew in between them ....

FT is just becoming more awesome every week :)

Natsu Dragonil
January 16, 2011, 07:11 AM
Isn't every shonen like FT where the main charcter power-up due to his will to protect his friends?

By Natsu it was made clear from the beginning that his flames are connected to his emotions so the more angry Natsu got the more powerful his flames become.

The thing that I don't understand is why Makrov who is a holy mage doesn't seem to know one bit about Natsu but people like Shimon seem to have knowledge about Natsu's power.
I mean even Gildartz and Erza seem to know something but makrov not.

@kkck:
Did Gerard know about the connection between Zeref and Natsu?
The only ones that seem to know about the connection between natsu and Zeref are the Dragons (Igneel,Grandine) and Zeref himself.

Ero-Sanji
January 16, 2011, 07:33 AM
^Makarov has intel on Natsu and his and Wendy and gazille's destiny from his experience with Porlyuska. The others don't know that much I still guess and think of it as intuition.

If we exclude Bleach both Naruto and Luffy loses at some times but Natsu always wins I guess for those who are seeing it as a negative thing are getting tired of the predictable outcome but as Ghostex said this doesn't prove anything. Although I fear Natsu will win through anger and of Erza with her eye.

Rowel
January 16, 2011, 07:34 AM
Anyone think Natsu might back down for the sake of his fellow guild-members? So far he is being reckless and fighting for his own sake. However what he is forgetting that it is not fear that he will be defeated or that his prey will escape him that should concern him but rather fear that his friends could die.

Fear seems to be an important part of this arc at least for Natsu's growth. Learning to fear losing his friends will motivate him to become strong so he can protect all of them.

Right now some of his friends are facing the 7 kin. All are the same level as the opponent he is fighting now. Gajeel and Levi nearly lost to two underlings. I do not see Elfman/Evergeen or Lucy/Cana/Gray/Loki with any good chance of winning.

Of course if by some miracle they win. There is still Hades,Urtear and the other kin. After overcoming one kin can they really take on the rest?

I think it will come down to Natsu having to make a choice. Continuing fighting Grimore Heart at the risk of losing comrades or retreat with everyone alive.

kkck
January 16, 2011, 08:02 AM
There is one thing i dont get . is natsu slowly getting stronger or is he already godly strong but dosnt or dont know how to use his full power ? cuz natsu learned DS techniques from igneel so he should have all sorts of techs that we havent seen him use yet , but now igneel is gone so natsu cant learn anything from it atm , so since natsu has the power to slay a dragon , why is he struglling against humans ? and how come he seems to be getting stronger where as he is supposed to be at a level where s class mages seem like fodder to him and if he is struggling against people like zancrow does it mean the dragons were not that strong and were overestimated ? and natsu doesnt seem to go to train during his free time , he just gets experience from just fighting his enemies . Natsu should be wtf owning his opponents from the start instead of struggling and then suddenly getting lucky or getting angry and then he powers up , but that way the fights doenst seem interesting but he shouldnt be getting beat up in the first place and natsu didnt get scared when he first met igneel ?

I think there is a bit of everything here. Natsu has definitely gotten stronger as the series has progressed, there is no doubt about that. Just look at how easily he was handling the grimmoire heart little army before zancrow... I don't think he had that an easy time when he fought naked mummy back in the oracion 6 arc. I also don't think natsu could defeat a dragon as of now, he needs to get much stronger for that. Perhaps his magic would allow him to hurt a dragon but to defeat one is a bit far away. I do think natsu trains a lot during his free time though, I think that might have been implied a few times in the manga. Natsu's magic has been stated to get stronger through his emotions at least since the eligor arc though, I don't think that in itself is anything new.

R3D
January 16, 2011, 08:05 AM
Fighting the seven kins is one thing but how do they intend to escape from them and the island itself ? Natsu is just one DS , he cant possibly fend off the seven kins while trying to escape the island , and does natsu realize that even makarov lost to hades and what chance does he have defeating hades unless a miracle happens and does anyone think that some super mage will arrive on the island and somehow help FT escape ?

tobeulp
January 16, 2011, 08:11 AM
I hope Natsu will still lose even with his rage because there is no way FT will win this... And I think the only kin that most probably lose is the fat guy mainly because I think Gildartz will be the one to confront him..

1337 haxor
January 16, 2011, 08:24 AM
I think the bit most people are missing are the implications of each of FT members defeats.

Think for a second, Zancrow is a murderous psychopath, he nearly set ablaze a child and three cats just because they were commenting on the fight.

It`s not like the calm and collected Azuma who simply left them by since they weren`t much of a threat to him.

Zancrow do seem the type who would kill his opponents and everyone around him for the sake of enjoying it.

This is why he must lose, if Natsu doesn`t KO him there Zancrow will murder Makarov or possibly another FT mage he comes across.

We are yet to go deeper with other GH members but in the likelyhood that any of them displays murderous intent towards their opponent then they will most likely lose due to plot reasons.

wooticus
January 16, 2011, 08:58 AM
Natsu might actually defeat this zancrow guy. his god slaying magic looks extremely powerful but zancrow himself is one of the weakest kin i guess. he is way too overconfident and controlled by emotions, the other ones look like they are far more advanced in tactics and such stuff.

it's always the same with natsus enemys. He always gets the guys who are so proud of their own power that they play with natsu while they could easily defeat him. and then they get surprised by an all out attack and lose. it's the same thing this time and he will defeat zancrow - but he can't defeat hades, this guy just is in a whole other level. if he taught all those lost magic to the 7 kin he might actually be able to do all of those lost magic himself. so he alone is at least as powerful as the other 7 together.

one last thing: with ignoring makarovs advice to evacuate the island natsu failed the s-class exam i guess. he just stills lacks the responsibility.

Natsu Dragonil
January 16, 2011, 09:29 AM
Well Actually Natsu has good chances against Hades as long as Zeref considers him an ally and someone important to him.As long as Zeref is in the state where is is sane he won't let anyone touch or kill Natsu as long as he needs him.

I mean Hades said it himself that Zeref is the strongest so even he won't stand a chance against him.

There is still the unkown factor being named Mavis.I mean if Hades is still alive who says that Mavis actually died.
Seeing that Hades changed his name maybe Mavis=Zeref and that's why zeref is on FT holy island.

kamakazi_1996
January 16, 2011, 10:25 AM
Some are complaing about natsus sudden powerup and i thought yodas quote from the phantom menace was appropriate:
fear leads to anger
anger leads to strength
strength leads to suffering

LOL exactly what i was thinking but its actually

fear leads to anger
anger leads to HATE :D
hate leads to suffering
:amuse
[hr]
i think its still possible to win, is everyone forgetting laxus can use fairy law,
if he arrives and makarov gets back up, they could use it together and overpower hades but still its really unlikely that would happen but for some reason i dont think fairy tail will lose this battle.

they still got strong mages like gildartz, natsu, laxus or even zeref

R3D
January 16, 2011, 10:28 AM
So if natsu actually wins his fight against zancrow , does that make him a god slayer slayer lol , do his new title will be god dragon slayer xD

Koen
January 16, 2011, 10:32 AM
Pretty good chapter. I loved how the fear issue was played out. Makarov said that it was better for Natsu to run away. I wonder what difference Natsu is feeling from last time when he encountered Gildartz. Gildartz is very powerful and it is not because your current opponent looks weaker, that you can defeat him because you have less fear in you.

So, Natsu is probably going into some very strong mode but I highly doubt it that it will be sufficient to defeat Zancrow. He will have an upper hand and it might be that Zancrow will have to be more serious in this fight. But I think that Makarov is somehow right, these guys are probably too strong at this moment

kkck
January 16, 2011, 12:49 PM
Why do people think the seven kin are that grossly overpowered lol? It's not like they are all at hades's level... Even using lost magic in itself is not enough reason for them to win a fight by default. Erza and mira are brutally powerful to say the least and erza has even been compared to the 10 holy mages. Caprico is fighting 4 dudes and lucy still has gemini... Natsu's main issue with zancrow is not necessarily a difference in skill but rather that his magic as a whole has been ineffective. If he does push his magic to the next level then he should by all intents and purposes be able to fight on the level. Luxus is heading to the island as far as we know and we know how strong he is. Heck, he can even use fairy law. Wendy should be able to heal others in time considering she draws strength from air. Battles are gonna be hard from now on for fairy tail but we just can't assume every grimmoire heart member will pull a hades here. Heck, gildarts was supposed to have left already but wouldn't it be a tad awkward that he would have failed to feel (as most people in the island) makarov and hades going at it? heck, just from jose's and makarov's fight there seemingly was risk of a cataclysm and the effects of the fight could be seen from quite a distance. A few people are bound to be defeated in FT however they won't necessarily be outright defeated by the seven kin. The main issue in itself is hades who has grimmoire law and the sheer power to make short work of makarov.

Natsu Dragonil
January 16, 2011, 12:59 PM
Really I doubt that Natsu would loose.
I mean Natsu was described as the ray of hope and if he losses then the other mages will be mentally broken.Especially if Nasu would show fear from his enemy.

Even Makrov was shocked when he thought that Natsu is afraid of his opponent.Besides that Makrov meant hades is too powerful for FT to handle not the 7 kin as far as I know.

The Oracion six people trashed FT and alliance easily in their fist encounter but know what FT never the less could go toe to toe with them.

swordsaintscoot
January 16, 2011, 01:23 PM
except for the fact that natsu hasnt legitimately beat too many of his enemies

against cobra, cobras own heightened senses defeated him

zero was defeated with the help of gerard and flame of rebuke.

Gerard was defeated with etherion.

natsu in general isnt stronger than the enemies he has defeated, they were circumstancial at best/

Ero-Sanji
January 16, 2011, 02:32 PM
Why do people think the seven kin are that grossly overpowered lol?

As for me:

1. The title "the strongest dark guild"
2. Hades and (his trust in them not only to defeat FT but also to contain Zeref)
3. Lost magic
4. Urtear (toying with Natsu and Gerard(mentally)
5. FT is currently severely weakened since they are lacking 3 out of the originally 5 S-class mages and their master got taken down easily.

Kind of indicates that they are a crew not to mess with. But of course FT is the strongest light guild in Fiore(?) and they have the plot backing them up so sure they aren't screwed yet.

Even though FT is a strong guild I think that Mashima has hyped GH up to a whole new level due to the things I listed and more. But I think the #1 reason for my so called overestimating is because I want it to be so. Far too many times have we seen enemies who are clearly stronger getting taken out without a good reason or explanation.

The one that pissed me of the most was Erza vs Ikaruga either I missed something huge or it was just plain bad. I'm not saying that Fairy tail battles are bad quite the opposite actually but I'm getting tired of sudden power-ups keep it in Bleach. For the record Gray and Leon vs Racer and ERza and Natsu vs Gerard are two smart battles:p

Zatono
January 16, 2011, 03:18 PM
I still don't think they're grossly overpowered. They're strong, of course, but I'm thinking that we're just seeing a bad matchup right now. He's got forbidden magic THAT HE NAMED Godslayer magic, and Natsu can't eat it. Oh well. He'll get through it. At least he wasn't completely put down by sheer magical force as he was with Gildartz.

Grossly overpowered would be if FT had to fight Bugs Bunny. There'd be no chance in hell of Fairy Tail winning that.

EDIT: I'm still thinking Zeref is going to stomp Hades in front of the remaining Kin (the ones that win their fights) and the remaining ones get stomped too.

sarutobi_sensei
January 16, 2011, 04:41 PM
except for the fact that natsu hasnt legitimately beat too many of his enemies

against cobra, cobras own heightened senses defeated him

zero was defeated with the help of gerard and flame of rebuke.

Gerard was defeated with etherion.

natsu in general isnt stronger than the enemies he has defeated, they were circumstancial at best/

A normal person would have also been defeated by that high power roar.

Still was Natsu that defeated him. Flame of rebuke awakened power inside of him. Power that he had.

Again, Natsu defeated Gérard with power that he had. Etherion helped, yeah, but it was Natsu's power that defeated him.

You are forgetting Erigor who he pwnd. Gajeel who he defeated as well. Laxus was also "defeated" by Natsu, with the help of Gajeel on that case. Edoras King was defeated via the combined effort of the 3 Dragon Slayers.

Sevenheadedmirror
January 16, 2011, 05:01 PM
I really hope everyone in FT get stamped... and hard. I think that's what we are going to get -may be with the exception of Natsu, which I believe would suck (I would love to see that random bonus prick eat dirt)-. You see, Makarov got whopped and he not only received any ass kick, it wasn't a surprise attack like with the air dude of the 4 elements; it was a plain pathetic struggle for Makarov to lay one hit and miserably failing.

On top this guys have been acting up since the Jellal arc. Further more two underlings of a kin almost beat Gajeel.

My point is: defeat is something that all heroes should taste, otherwise the opponent can't pass from being just the monster of the month. This guys appear, fight like nobody has ever fought and fail like everybody else, in the very first try?. Meh, some attribute this due to it being Shounen but frankly I am not asking for deads (but for Makarov's), you know, like in the seinen of Naruto or the infamous One Piece. But defeat, good ol' defeat. That will make the heroes think themselves as weak and train harder; while the villains become awesome, more of a challenge and seem like an actual threat instead of unlucky bastards that messed with the wrong people.

hideseeker
January 16, 2011, 05:25 PM
Man... the author is trying to create some suspense here, and people are baying for the blood of the heroes...

This is Shounen man... the heroes might take a hit, but not lose entirely!

kidopitz27
January 16, 2011, 05:56 PM
natsu is already in fear berserk mode and i want to see happy to say like you cannot beat zancrow he is strong, he will beat you up, :) like what he did to power up natsu vs erigor

lets not forget what charlie's premonition that someone will die in FT

Asmoday
January 16, 2011, 06:00 PM
bah Natsu needs a good old spanking before he finally realizes his own true powers, not some random stuff like eatin Etherion, or Flame of Rebuke to forcefully awaken it.

I mean comeone right now he's indicating finally the signs of "awakening" of his true powers and which i hope he does in the oncoming chapters, but he still needs a good beating so he can figure it out and go help his Friends.

I think Laxus will play a major role too in the ongoing chapters since he noticed that "something" happend and he eventually will return to FT to check what that feeling was he had.

kkck
January 16, 2011, 06:53 PM
^I don't think zancrow actually named his own magic. It'd be kinda awkward if he named magic that was taught to him right? Even if hades did teach him that magic there is no guarantee that it was him who came up with it.
[hr]
I just had a thought involving caprico's magic. What if he does have a master? A master with sufficient magic could keep caprico as long as he needs in the human world, enough for everyone to think caprico is actually the member of the seven kin. With his magic, I would think caprico could actually conceal his master to his convenience.

swordsaintscoot
January 16, 2011, 08:57 PM

Still was Natsu that defeated him. Flame of rebuke awakened power inside of him. Power that he had.

Again, Natsu defeated Gérard with power that he had. Etherion helped, yeah, but it was Natsu's power that defeated him.

You are forgetting Erigor who he pwnd. Gajeel who he defeated as well. Laxus was also "defeated" by Natsu, with the help of Gajeel on that case. Edoras King was defeated via the combined effort of the 3 Dragon Slayers.

you're just strengthening my argument. Everyone knows Natsu will become one of the strongest, even more so than now, but he can't use all of his power at will, HE NEEDS HELP to unleash it.

Eligor wasn't that strong so who cares.

gajeel is one of the only ones he beat legitimately. Like I said, MOST of the time he gets help. Though he did get help here too technically, throughh sagitarius creating fire for him.

natsu defeated laxus WITH HELP from gajeel.

natsu defeated king of edolas with help too.

natsus power isnt his own yet.

White Silver King
January 16, 2011, 10:04 PM
I really hope everyone in FT get stamped... and hard. I think that's what we are going to get -may be with the exception of Natsu, which I believe would suck (I would love to see that random bonus prick eat dirt)-. You see, Makarov got whopped and he not only received any ass kick, it wasn't a surprise attack like with the air dude of the 4 elements; it was a plain pathetic struggle for Makarov to lay one hit and miserably failing.

On top this guys have been acting up since the Jellal arc. Further more two underlings of a kin almost beat Gajeel.

My point is: defeat is something that all heroes should taste, otherwise the opponent can't pass from being just the monster of the month. This guys appear, fight like nobody has ever fought and fail like everybody else, in the very first try?. Meh, some attribute this due to it being Shounen but frankly I am not asking for deads (but for Makarov's), you know, like in the seinen of Naruto or the infamous One Piece. But defeat, good ol' defeat. That will make the heroes think themselves as weak and train harder; while the villains become awesome, more of a challenge and seem like an actual threat instead of unlucky bastards that messed with the wrong people.

This. Though, I hope Makarov doesn't die (I'm hoping Laxus comes back and dies to kill whatever member of the 7 Kin).

As for the whole GodSlayer thing was obvious. He pretty said straight-up that he named it himself; Hades, who somehow knows Dragon magic, taught Zancrow to be a DS but it's on such a different level it can't be called the same magic that Natsu wields.

And Natsu needs to lose. Zancrow was just toying with him and completely curbed stomped him and now Natsu gets angry and suddenly he's gonna beat Zancrow? That's utter bull and, in all honesty, nothing short of atrocious writing. I get that Natsu is strong and the main character of a Shonen but I've been getting so tired of Natsu's endless Angry+Nakama=Unbeatable since his Laxus fight (which was awful). Even Luffy has lost a couple fights.

But if Zancrow can't beat Natsu, Ultear should be able utterly annihilate him.

Riyuki
January 16, 2011, 10:07 PM
I am a little confused here... isnt the title of the next chapter basically forshadowing that Natsu is about to kick some ass? I mean seriously... his last line was the most epic shit I have seen in Fairy Tail so far and its the most excited I've been to see the next chapter. Natsu is about to completely wreck house on Zancrow.. whom is my favorite of the 7 kin btw.

Natsu: "It's true that this is fear.. but its a different fear than what Gildarts was talking about... These shivvers.. are coming from the fear that whoever did this to gramps.. might be finished off by someone other than me.."

And when Natsu says this, Zancrow whom has been the most cocky crazy battle craving psychopath we have seen is sweating bullets and looks like hes about to piss himself, not to mention Makarov's face looks like hes seen a ghost.. even Makarov is like "WTF???"

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/45512099/19 <---- the best Natsu power up page ever

And to top it off.. the next chapter is titled : "Dragon God's Brilliant Flame"

The chapter might as well be called "Natsu uses his dragon skills to kill a God Slayer and become a Dragon God because Zancrow is about to feel the biggest power surge Natsu has ever experienced in this manga so far"

There is no doubt in my mind that Zancrow is going to get pwned and will fuel a super intense rematch later in the future, since FT will probably end up escaping or something. Consider Zancrow == Grimmjow, thats how I'm seeing this right now.

White Silver King
January 16, 2011, 10:12 PM
I am calling it now. If Natsu does beat Hades, I'm done with Fairty Tail. I love Fairy Tail but it's just painful the direction it's heading in.

MonsterEnvy
January 16, 2011, 10:43 PM

no only Cobra would have been beaten by that roar Happy was pretty close too and did not fall down in agony from it despite having better hearing then most humans being a cat and all

Cobra got up anyway and was going to finish Natsu off (then Brain beat him up for no real reason)
[hr]

I am calling it now. If Natsu does beat Hades, I'm done with Fairty Tail. I love Fairy Tail but it's just painful the direction it's heading in.

what direction people are afraid about stuff that has not happened yet despite this being one of the best arcs of fairy tail

honestly Natsu will not beat Hades here and when or if he does beat beat Hades he will have a lot of help to do it maybe even the whole guild

Riyuki
January 16, 2011, 11:05 PM
lol Natsu isn't going to beat Hades anytime soon... maybe after a dragon arc or something and he gets some crazy power-up.. I think him saying that is really just implying he will end up doing it WAAAAAAY later in the manga.

Asmoday
January 16, 2011, 11:43 PM

Even if Natsu beats the shit out of Hades you forgot something very important : Zeref and also the Black Dragon which is still roaming around the country which even beat the shit out of Gildarts who has lost an Arm, a Leg and Organ in an instant.

elitefox
January 17, 2011, 12:43 AM
Uhmm, there is something Hades forgot to tell Zancrow

gods has been extinct because dragons eat them for desert ;)

Tsukisama
January 17, 2011, 01:37 AM
I really like Fairy Tail (manga and guild), but I am also of the thought that it might be a good idea for Fairy Tail to suffer a defeat here. Defeat can be a good thing for development, as it forces characters to accept the limits of their power and to undergo the self-reflection necessary to advance to greatness. Plus, GH has been perfectly setup to be that hurdle for Fairy Tail to overcome with the mysterious Hades being a former master of FT and all of this occurring on the secluded holy island of the guild.

I think it would work well if it was not a total loss; maybe one of the Kin get defeated. I am unsure if I want that one person to be Zancrow though. I find his character a bit obnoxious and want to see him defeated, but I think I would feel much more satisfied if, after putting up an amazing fight and getting defeated, Natsu faces him again with a much more commanding presence (although Natsu is beginning to act in a commanding fashion at the end of this chapter already).

Lee-tyme7
January 17, 2011, 02:25 AM
What's up with all this negative thinking? Why do all of you people want FT to lose so badly?...Oh I get it! It's a "Empire strike back" thing. I love it!!

swordsaintscoot
January 17, 2011, 03:16 AM
What's up with all this negative thinking? Why do all of you people want FT to lose so badly?...Oh I get it! It's a "Empire strike back" thing. I love it!!

because hyping up enemies to be the strongest people ever with such a huge task, with such unique designs, powers and history, connections to characters only to be defeated in a single arc would be boring and kill any true development there can be UNLESS theres a good reason for fairy tail to win

that said I dont know if they'll win or lose yet and I'd rather wait and see unlike al the other people already deciding fairy tail has wno.

Natsu Dragonil
January 17, 2011, 06:10 AM
because hyping up enemies to be the strongest people ever with such a huge task, with such unique designs, powers and history, connections to characters only to be defeated in a single arc would be boring and kill any true development there can be UNLESS theres a good reason for fairy tail to win

that said I dont know if they'll win or lose yet and I'd rather wait and see unlike al the other people already deciding fairy tail has wno.

Where was this stated?It was only stated by Hades that Zeref is the strongest Mage ever.Not that his kin are the strongest ever.

FT is also the strongest light guildt in Fiore so both guildt are pretty hyped.But maybe Urtear doesn't know that Luxus is not a member of FT anymore and so is Mistgun.

1337 haxor
January 17, 2011, 07:35 AM

Matters are that FT will win where it must win, period.

If the Grimmoire Heart member is likely to murder his opponent hten he will probably lose because none of those young characters will bit the dust anytime soon.

If the GH member acts more like Azuma, i.e. beats them but leaves them alive, then he will win and move on.

It all depends on the atitude of who is fighting who.

Crude
January 17, 2011, 09:25 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that we should've seen more of the exam before it was interrupted? Don't get me wrong, I've loved the twists so far, it's just that I really wanted to see more of the exam and it's challenges. I really can't see how they'll continue the exam now. I also kind of dislike how quickly Mest revealed himself to be a member of the council. I liked that they discovered that he's not who he says he is, but the reveal that he was a council member could've waited just a bit.

street_san
January 17, 2011, 11:24 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that we should've seen more of the exam before it was interrupted? Don't get me wrong, I've loved the twists so far, it's just that I really wanted to see more of the exam and it's challenges. I really can't see how they'll continue the exam now. I also kind of dislike how quickly Mest revealed himself to be a member of the council. I liked that they discovered that he's not who he says he is, but the reveal that he was a council member could've waited just a bit.

I'm with you with the exam thing. Yes it's really really not a bad thing the twist that Mashima pulled off, but I would've at least like to see the ending of the 2nd phase. But oh well xD

Speaking of this chapter, I just simply enjoyed it. And I'm pretty sure that Natsu will be the one to defeat Hades...not just now. The way I see things I thing that, just like some people already mention, one or 2 kins will get beat (and Zancrow is one of them xD), but FT might lose that war and will have to escape, and that they will probably ask (well ask...u kno xD) for a round 2, and that is when they'll beat Grimoire Heart

Ero-Sanji
January 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
Don't get me start on the failspada, nobody screws hype better than Bleach.

Matters are that FT will win where it must win, period.

If the Grimmoire Heart member is likely to murder his opponent hten he will probably lose because none of those young characters will bit the dust anytime soon.

If the GH member acts more like Azuma, i.e. beats them but leaves them alive, then he will win and move on.

It all depends on the atitude of who is fighting who.

Yes exactly and this is also a major point toward FT losing. This is a battle they can lose since the enemies goals are not necessarily meaning immediate chaos.

Nearly if not all the other arcs has had a battle with the loss resulting in terrible consequences just think about it.

Jose would've killed them all, Gerard would've killed them all, Zero would've done it as well and reaped great havoc in the world. But this time FT could afford a loss since we don't know what GH really want to do with Zeref. Of course it would make the world less at ease but still not immediate chaos. Depending on what we know.

kkck
January 17, 2011, 12:31 PM
I think the exam will continue eventually. Grimmoire heart is not there to erradicate FT but rather to find and release zeref. Perhaps it won't be right away but in turn they could easily wait for everyone's injuries to heal and then continue. Or perhaps makarov will chose to grade everyone based on their performace against the seven kin. Perhaps the consideration would be to make an sclass mage out of those who actually took out a member of the seven kin. I would think that a mage capable of taking out a member of the seven kin is already qualified to be an s-class mage. In natsu's case this would work quite well considering he did defeat a member of the element four, eligor and gazille.... Defeating zancrow would just add up to it.

Kurohitsugi
January 17, 2011, 02:13 PM
I think the exam will continue eventually.

I don't think that they are going to continue the exam, especially if Makarov dies eventually. Actually there is no point for Natsu or someone else to be S-class mage which is a mere title and nothing more. The S-class title seems to have a significance only to Cana. Thinking about that all those events made us forget about her and her secret reason of so desperately wanting to win the competition.

Let's see if there's still FT as an official guild after this arc. I have a bad feeling about the Council. They may blame FT for all the ruckus with GH and Zeref and that means immediate disband.

kkck
January 17, 2011, 03:31 PM
The title has significance for natsu too considering he does believe becoming an s-class mage will help him find igneel. Makarov would seem to be far from dead too and wendy should be capable of healing his wounds.

ghostexiled
January 17, 2011, 05:09 PM
Please do not discuss other mangas or their respective characters in this thread. The thread is for discussing the FT chapter and related matters.

Bringing up any other manga causes other members to start debating/discussing said other manga/characters, rather than discuss the manga we are all here to discuss... Fairy Tail.

If you wish to do this, please go to the general discussion threads.

Thanks!

sarutobi_sensei
January 17, 2011, 09:25 PM
you're just strengthening my argument. Everyone knows Natsu will become one of the strongest, even more so than now, but he can't use all of his power at will, HE NEEDS HELP to unleash it.

Eligor wasn't that strong so who cares.

gajeel is one of the only ones he beat legitimately. Like I said, MOST of the time he gets help. Though he did get help here too technically, throughh sagitarius creating fire for him.

natsu defeated laxus WITH HELP from gajeel.

natsu defeated king of edolas with help too.

natsus power isnt his own yet.

How is it not Natsu's power if it is inside of him? Not knowing how to use his own power is different from not having the necessary power to defeat someone.

All I'm saying is: Natsu has his own power. The problem is: he hasn't learned how to fully use it. Plus, there's always a tendency of not telling the main characters stuff that they don't know. It's been like that in most mangas :|

Rowel
January 18, 2011, 08:25 AM
The title makes next chapter look bad. It seems Natsu gets some new technique and defeats Zancrow. Even one of the kin losing, especially that quickly, destroys the arc. :mad

kkck
January 18, 2011, 08:36 AM
The technique he is going to use would not seem to be new in itself. He already used the fire dragon's brilliant flame the last chapter. Based on the title it simply is going to be an upgraded version of it, the dragon god's brilliant flame... At least it is not going to be a third ougi lol.

Yashie
January 18, 2011, 08:51 AM
The technique he is going to use would not seem to be new in itself. He already used the fire dragon's brilliant flame the last chapter. Based on the title it simply is going to be an upgraded version of it, the dragon god's brilliant flame... At least it is not going to be a third ougi lol.

No offense, but how're we assuming the Dragon God's thing is Natsu's move as opposed to it being Zancrow's move?

kkck
January 18, 2011, 01:30 PM
No offense, but how're we assuming the Dragon God's thing is Natsu's move as opposed to it being Zancrow's move?

Because natsu is the dragon to begin with and zancrow has nothing whatsoever to do with a dragon as far as we know? It is just the most reasonable assumption..... More importantly, the "brilliant flame" thing is natsu's technique.

White Silver King
January 18, 2011, 03:10 PM
I'm guessing/hoping there is a plot device similar to the Master Tower in the PhD series for those who have read it (an amazing manhwa but a shame it left off in such an unfinished fashion) on the island. It would give a reasonable method for FT to beat the 7 Kin. Should such a method be used, I would be very happy with Natsu's defeat of Zancrow (or any other member of GH for that matter).

And speaking of the Council, I think it would be interesting if FT got labeled a Dark Guild (because they certainly won't disband). It would open up a whole new story. Of course they wouldn't be an evil Dark Guild, but I think Mashima could write it well.

Lord.Strife
January 18, 2011, 04:15 PM
Having the kin be defeated would not be that bad since remember that there is another dark guild in the alliance called tartaros and i can't wait to see them.

I also like the idea of fairy tail becoming a good dark guild which some has mentioned since it sounds epic.

Sollum
January 18, 2011, 04:37 PM
I think Mashima could satisfy both sides:

Let FT "win" this one by surviving, yet mark them as a dark guild.

Also i was thinking, maybe Hades could make a deal with Natsu, like "Join Grimmoire Hearth, or everyone on this isle will die" - that's hard to believe, yet it would be fun, to watch what Natsu would choose.

exacta
January 18, 2011, 05:23 PM
I could easily see the Council calling FT a Dark Guild, because they actually do have one good reason - Zeref has been hiding on their island. They could accuse FT of knowingly letting Zeref take refuge and associating with him. Its obvious to us readers that is not the case, but Zeref's the most evil mage in history in the world of FT, if the Council reaches this conclusion they could definitely name them a Dark Guild!

Razh
January 18, 2011, 07:13 PM
I remember theorizing couple of weeks ago about the aftermath of this battle. FT being labeled dark guild and all, and having to hide from the Council.

Furthermore, that Gandalf dude clearly said that they won't tolerate any more crap from FT. Having Zeref on their own island is certainly an excuse to put them on a dark list.

Heh, it would be cool if FT, on top of already becoming dark guild, decides to go directly against Council and free Gerard, since I imagine his knowledge will be the key to stopping Zeref, or at least GH from using his power.

As for this battle, and all the recent battles in general, is it just me or were the battles in the beginning a lot better. There was more actual fighting instead of flashy techniques. I'm speaking generally of course. I expected much more from Natsu vs. Zancrow but I guess the real fight hasn't even started yet. I'm hoping for more punches, kicking and face smashing. A fight of the 2 brawlers, not fucking Sasuke and Itachi exchanging different forms of Katon.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with Natsu powering up suddenly. It would hardly be an asspull when we already know that he becomes stronger when he's fucking pissed off.

White Silver King
January 18, 2011, 08:22 PM
If FT does become a Dark Guild I could see it becoming like OP (a good thing) with the "bad guys" trying to take down the corrupt "good guys".

Lord.Strife
January 18, 2011, 10:45 PM
I remember theorizing couple of weeks ago about the aftermath of this battle. FT being labeled dark guild and all, and having to hide from the Council.

Furthermore, that Gandalf dude clearly said that they won't tolerate any more crap from FT. Having Zeref on their own island is certainly an excuse to put them on a dark list.

Heh, it would be cool if FT, on top of already becoming dark guild, decides to go directly against Council and free Gerard, since I imagine his knowledge will be the key to stopping Zeref, or at least GH from using his power.

As for this battle, and all the recent battles in general, is it just me or were the battles in the beginning a lot better. There was more actual fighting instead of flashy techniques. I'm speaking generally of course. I expected much more from Natsu vs. Zancrow but I guess the real fight hasn't even started yet. I'm hoping for more punches, kicking and face smashing. A fight of the 2 brawlers, not fucking Sasuke and Itachi exchanging different forms of Katon.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with Natsu powering up suddenly. It would hardly be an asspull when we already know that he becomes stronger when he's fucking pissed off.

I like the idea of FT breaking jellal out of jail so he could join them. I also wouldn't mind cobra becoming a FT member since he was a cool character.

nanoclarkology
January 19, 2011, 01:23 AM
I don't understand the hate for this arc so far. I see really mixed emotions about this next chapter. I am on the band wagon of I hope Natsu really fights evenly with Zancrow and barely wins. Realizes that the rest are hurt help them, heal grandpa, and lose the war.

I am so excited for this next chapter. This is the most excited I have felt for a manga since the two year break from OP.

Go Natsu!

-Ken-
January 19, 2011, 04:31 AM
Yes, I want Jellal back as a good guy. That'll be awesome, Siegheart! I mean-- Jellal!

Jorge D. Dragon
January 19, 2011, 06:23 AM
I really want to see Natsu win against Zancrow and then let Wendy heal Makarov and then go to gather other guild members, but I'm afraid he'll try to kick Hades's ass and will be beaten really badly and then there is a possibility that Mest gets help from the Council.

At least after this fight on this sacred island Natsu should get S-class rank, cause he is the only worthy option among the other candidates, especially after seeing Gray, Lucy, Kana and Loki being trashed by one person (even if he is rather strong). I'd say they are no way near S-class. Not even saying about Elfman or Levi.

swordsaintscoot
January 19, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hey, Grays heaps strong.
way more than he gets credit for.

kkck
January 19, 2011, 12:43 PM
I just had a theory about the next chapters. Next chapter natsu will actually eat zancrow's flame. Due to the flame of a "god" being better than that of natsu's currently he will get a boost, perhaps something similar to dragon force. Since natsu, a dragon, will be boosted by the flame of a god, the result will be what the title mentioned, the dragon god.

Razh
January 19, 2011, 03:05 PM
I thought of that, but it doesn't make sense that he would suddenly be able to eat those flames after not being able to eat them.

Lord.Strife
January 19, 2011, 04:35 PM
I thought of that, but it doesn't make sense that he would suddenly be able to eat those flames after not being able to eat them.

Unless he can only eat flames which are less then or the same power as himself. With the sudden power up it might allow him to eat flames of a more powerful nature.

kkck
January 19, 2011, 07:16 PM
Well, natsu must kick things up a notch otherwise zancrow is simply invulnerable to natsu's magic. Unless natsu gets enough of a powerup for zancrow to not be invulnerable to natsu's fire then he does not have such much as a shred of a chance in hell of winning.

Razh
January 19, 2011, 07:30 PM
Nobody is invulnerable to a good punch in the face! As I said earlier, I really hope that this fight actually turns out to be a real man's fight, not a goddamn flame jutsu confrontation fest between two Uchiha brothers.

I also hope that Dragon God Brilliant Flame thing happens after a shitload of real hand-to-hand combat.

How good would it feel to see Natsu wipe that crazy smile out of that guy's face with a FIST.

kkck
January 19, 2011, 07:41 PM
Nobody is invulnerable to a good punch in the face! As I said earlier, I really hope that this fight actually turns out to be a real man's fight, not a goddamn flame jutsu confrontation fest between two Uchiha brothers.

I also hope that Dragon God Brilliant Flame thing happens after a shitload of real hand-to-hand combat.

How good would it feel to see Natsu wipe that crazy smile out of that guy's face with a FIST.

This is a battle of mages, and flame users at that.... I think it'd be a tad anticlimatic if the battle is decided by a fistfight lol. I don't see how natsu would stand a chance if he uses his fists against someone who can burn him to a crisp on a whim. They might not be uchihas but it is a damn confrontation of flame jutsu. One way or another this battle will be decided by whoever has the stronger flame.

chrizzl
January 19, 2011, 08:41 PM
ok the last month i have started reading fairy tail and im really likeing it.
i havent gone back and read the other fourms so im sorry if some of my ideas are a couple of weeks behind.
i was thinking these are slowly lining up to be matched pairs up
ie natsu vs zancrow as i guess zancrow has the fire dragon lacrima
grey vs ul or ul daughter (im not sure about her because of what meldy said
mirajane vs meldy because i just imagine a demon form for meldy
lucy vs caprico becuse she gets the ''different ones'' plus hes probaly the spirt of capricon and the rest will fight the other.
but im liking the progress with laxus will come in and make a save on someone and re join the guild as i think he is one of my favoruite chars (i was gutted when he was a fake dragon slayer.)

kkck
January 19, 2011, 08:48 PM
^you are way behind lol.... if you do not want to be spoiled I would advise to not post at all here though.

White Silver King
January 19, 2011, 09:22 PM

Neither does the random power up...

Speaking of the Dragon God Brilliant Flame, has anyone considered that, if it is a technique, it might be Zancrow's? It's pretty much been established he's just a DS on steroids and he does call himself a "God Slayer". Maybe it's just me hoping that Natsu loses, but it makes sense.

kkck
January 19, 2011, 09:29 PM
Neither does the random power up...

Speaking of the Dragon God Brilliant Flame, has anyone considered that, if it is a technique, it might be Zancrow's? It's pretty much been established he's just a DS on steroids and he does call himself a "God Slayer". Maybe it's just me hoping that Natsu loses, but it makes sense.

It has never been said zancrow is a dragon slayer of any sort though.... His magic might be similar to that of a DS in the sense that he takes the constitution and power of another being however that hardly makes him a DS. The main issue with that technique being zancrow's is that we already know natsu uses it. It makes a lot more sense that natsu would use an upgrades version of it rather than zancrow.

elitefox
January 19, 2011, 09:58 PM

Are you expecting a gunner to use bow and arrow?: -_-

Yeah fist fights are good too but remember they are mages... and mages primarily use magic in battle.

R3D
January 19, 2011, 11:55 PM
what about a fire fist ? does that count as a physical or magical attack ?

Razh
January 20, 2011, 05:14 AM
Are you expecting a gunner to use bow and arrow?: -_-

Yeah fist fights are good too but remember they are mages... and mages primarily use magic in battle.

You some kind of wiseguy? -_-;

Do I have to dig out every panel of Natsu punching someone in the face with his flaming fist or was that just a bad joke?

I'm having some trouble lately. It seems I see my writings as coherent and easy to understand sentences, but the people who read them see them differently. It's quite a bother.

Ok, I'll give it another go. I hope that Natsu and Zancrow exchange some real blows and actually touch each other before they have a shoot out with their Limit Breaks. That kind of fighting is what got me into Fairy Tail in the first place. The fact that Natsu is a close range melee mage who's more likely to throw a FIST into your face than shooting a fireball at you from a distance.

I don't know if that's the case with you guys, but for me, that first part of Natsu vs. Zancrow fight was boring and uncreative.

Sollum
January 20, 2011, 06:32 AM
Well fists might work, don't forget Deliora arc where Natsu had to improvise in fight vs Magic Nullifier dude. He simply hit him with fist and used some fire boost on his elbow for some fire power!

Here:
http://view.thespectrum.net/manga/Fairy%20Tail/Volume%2005/fairytail_v05_040.jpg
http://view.thespectrum.net/manga/Fairy%20Tail/Volume%2005/fairytail_v05_041.jpg
http://view.thespectrum.net/manga/Fairy%20Tail/Volume%2005/fairytail_v05_042.jpg
http://view.thespectrum.net/manga/Fairy%20Tail/Volume%2005/fairytail_v05_043.jpg

Hmm, i think if Natsu would start using his brain like he did there, he should win for sure. Heck, he only needs to avoid flames and use dragon scales for defense vs physical attacks.

kkck
January 20, 2011, 11:08 AM
Does natsu have dragon scales? I think his version of that is covering his body with fire...

Anyways, I don't see how it would be even remotely smart for natsu to fight using mere physical attacks. For one thing, zancrow already showed he was more than a match for natsu in that regard. More importantly, it would be outright stupid since zancrow should be more than capable of easily defending from that. How would a physical attack work against a guy who has his body covered in flames? A physical fight would be the equivalent to suicide for natsu since attacking zancrow like that would imply he'd be within the range of his flames. Zancrow wouldn't even have to make an effort here, he'd just have to stand there while natsu is burned to a crisp. Both fighters are similar in that they have dominion over fire. That means that the one who will win is whoever has the greater dominion over it. So far it has been zancrow who has the greater fire hence he basically schooled natsu. Natsu needs to change that to win.

Razh
January 20, 2011, 01:20 PM
Does natsu have dragon scales? I think his version of that is covering his body with fire...

Anyways, I don't see how it would be even remotely smart for natsu to fight using mere physical attacks. For one thing, zancrow already showed he was more than a match for natsu in that regard. More importantly, it would be outright stupid since zancrow should be more than capable of easily defending from that. How would a physical attack work against a guy who has his body covered in flames? A physical fight would be the equivalent to suicide for natsu since attacking zancrow like that would imply he'd be within the range of his flames. Zancrow wouldn't even have to make an effort here, he'd just have to stand there while natsu is burned to a crisp. Both fighters are similar in that they have dominion over fire. That means that the one who will win is whoever has the greater dominion over it. So far it has been zancrow who has the greater fire hence he basically schooled natsu. Natsu needs to change that to win.

Most of Natsu's techniques are physical attacks. Flame empowered yes, but still physical attacks. Don't really understand what you're getting at. He only has several powerful long range attacks and he doesn't even use them that often. Why? Because he's a brawler, a close range fighter who relies on his strength and agility just as much as he relies on his magic.

Sure, it would be such a bad idea to try to pummel the shit out of Zancrow, considering how well Natsu's last long range flame attack worked.
But wait! Didn't Natsu's last long range attack perform awfully, basically helping Zancrow send Natsu flying? (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/45512099/8)

I don't know. Zancrow already showed that his magic is superior. Maybe Natsu will get back in the game based on the fact that he did learn his magic from the real deal. I have a feeling that Natsu can top Zancrow in terms of basic physical capabilities. Even more so when blood veins start showing on his FIST!

Ero-Sanji
January 20, 2011, 01:36 PM
Or! Natsu could just lose this one:eyeroll

Whether or not if he's a brawler or a typical magician the facts are clear Natsu needs to get stronger. What he tried earlier didn't work and he did use both long range and close range. Zancrow was just better.

Razh
January 20, 2011, 02:06 PM
Oh that was just a warm up. It's not like Natsu was pulling out his best moves there. Plus he's pissed off now, and that, along with the determination he didn't have in the beginning of the fight, is a considerable power up.

kkck
January 20, 2011, 02:16 PM
Most of Natsu's techniques are physical attacks. Flame empowered yes, but still physical attacks. Don't really understand what you're getting at. He only has several powerful long range attacks and he doesn't even use them that often. Why? Because he's a brawler, a close range fighter who relies on his strength and agility just as much as he relies on his magic.

Sure, it would be such a bad idea to try to pummel the shit out of Zancrow, considering how well Natsu's last long range flame attack worked.
But wait! Didn't Natsu's last long range attack perform awfully, basically helping Zancrow send Natsu flying? (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/45512099/8)

I don't know. Zancrow already showed that his magic is superior. Maybe Natsu will get back in the game based on the fact that he did learn his magic from the real deal. I have a feeling that Natsu can top Zancrow in terms of basic physical capabilities. Even more so when blood veins start showing on his FIST!

And what good would it do natsu to try to pummel zancrow with physical attacks devoid of magic? It' outright stupid IMO, he'd get burned.... More importantly, natsu's physical capacity was already shown to not be all that superior to zancrows. At this point it was ok but what happens when zancrow counters with magic?
https://manga.gamestotal.com/en/readx/Fairy_Tail/10/218/

I don't think it is all that relevant who exactly taught whom his magic. I mean, would natsu be any less of a DS if he was not taught magic by a dragon? Unless that you need some inherent alteration to your body in order to become a slayer (either god or dragon) and the magic is something that can be learned then it really does not matter who teaches it. Even if there is a special requirement to become a slayer, who is to say that it necessarily has to be the creature who is being mimicked that has to make said alteration in order for the magic to be the real deal?
[hr]

Oh that was just a warm up. It's not like Natsu was pulling out his best moves there. Plus he's pissed off now, and that, along with the determination he didn't have in the beginning of the fight, is a considerable power up.

At that time I don't think moves themselves would have made a big difference..... Even then, the dragon's roar has generally shown to be one of natsu's stronger attacks and zancrow still absorbed it easily. It was not certainly an ougi of sorts but it is still a decent attack. As long as zancrow is not affected by flames and he can eat natsu's attacks then I don't see what difference the an attack in itself would do.

kamakazi_1996
January 20, 2011, 02:33 PM
i would actually love to see some hand to hand CQC in the next chapter instead of just technique after technique getting better each time and then winning some people like that kind of battle but i kind of like the classical fist fight.

So i hope it doesnt all end in one move and it does have some CQC

Sollum
January 20, 2011, 02:43 PM
...How would a physical attack work against a guy who has his body covered in flames?...

That's not an issue. As we see Zani is not using "fire armor" all the time, if Natsu would be able to muster one or two strong successful physical attacks, he should manage to knock Zani out before he gets a hold of Natsu's strategy.

Furthermore, i think it would work, since Zani is "Godslayer" and underestimates his opponents.
Its all about surprise and fast executed combo.

But the real problem here me thinks is that Natsu is not a bright thinker >.>

Razh
January 20, 2011, 03:23 PM
Wait a minute, I never claimed Natsu should just punch and kick without using magic. I still count his flame imbued hand-to-hand attacks as physical ones. Seems there was a misunderstanding.

kkck
January 20, 2011, 05:31 PM
That's not an issue. As we see Zani is not using "fire armor" all the time, if Natsu would be able to muster one or two strong successful physical attacks, he should manage to knock Zani out before he gets a hold of Natsu's strategy.

Furthermore, i think it would work, since Zani is "Godslayer" and underestimates his opponents.
Its all about surprise and fast executed combo.

But the real problem here me thinks is that Natsu is not a bright thinker >.>

I don't think there is anything realistic in the least about natsu knocking this guy out with a fist. I mean, these guys don't get knocked out after receiving uber powerful magical attacks, why would a mere fist with no magic do that? Heck, we have even seen natsu being shot at point blank range and still he didn't even feel it. Unless it is a magically charged punch or a physical attack which vastly exceeds the strength of these guys, either natsu or zancrow are far past such a thing. The notion that zancrow with magic could be defeated by natsu without using magic is so absurd that even natsu actually taking electric stairs to the sun, eating it and coming back to earth to beat the crap out of zancrow would make considerably more sense. Seriously, we just saw natsu take the full blow of zancrow's god's below and natsu wasn't knocked out.... I don't think it is a matter of natsu not being smart enough, I mean, zancrow is actually invulnerable to each and every technique natsu has due to him currently having the greater dominion over fire or whatnot.

Even if zancrow is not covered with fire 100% of the time, it would take him a second to do so. It would also be quite hard for natsu to take zancrow by surprise with a physical attack, I don't think that is an option. It would take some severe PIS for such a thing to work and an even more severe reduction in what should be zancrow's physical capacity (which is at least a match for natsu).
[hr]

Wait a minute, I never claimed Natsu should just punch and kick without using magic. I still count his flame imbued hand-to-hand attacks as physical ones. Seems there was a misunderstanding.

But that did not work already.... Natsu had his chance at such a confrontation and zancrow got the better of him for the most part. Natsu would be on the loser edge should he engage in such a confrontation since zancrow can indeed burn natsu and eat natsu's flames for a boost. Natsu needs a boost and the way the manga has shown to work would suggest natsu is about to step up his magic.

elitefox
January 20, 2011, 08:18 PM
You some kind of wiseguy? -_-;

Do I have to dig out every panel of Natsu punching someone in the face with his flaming fist or was that just a bad joke?

I'm having some trouble lately. It seems I see my writings as coherent and easy to understand sentences, but the people who read them see them differently. It's quite a bother.

Ok, I'll give it another go. I hope that Natsu and Zancrow exchange some real blows and actually touch each other before they have a shoot out with their Limit Breaks. That kind of fighting is what got me into Fairy Tail in the first place. The fact that Natsu is a close range melee mage who's more likely to throw a FIST into your face than shooting a fireball at you from a distance.

I don't know if that's the case with you guys, but for me, that first part of Natsu vs. Zancrow fight was boring and uncreative.

I don't call it wisdom but logical, if you have a stone and a gun and you are proficient in guns... then what will you use? stone:-_-

you said fist battle over fire techniques right?

a fire empowered fist is more than a fist which is a fire technique too. his fire techniques varies from close, mid and long range...

fist battle usually are the end when there is no more magic power. ;)

nanoclarkology
January 20, 2011, 11:07 PM
@Razh, Dude I get what you are saying and I agree. The rest of you are taking what he said way out of context. Most likely with the new found power within that Natsu has he will be able to hit and hurt Zancrow. I also feel that he is about to eat some magic flames. Whether they come from Zancrow or not. ;shrugs

hideseeker
January 21, 2011, 12:26 AM
Unless he can only eat flames which are less then or the same power as himself. With the sudden power up it might allow him to eat flames of a more powerful nature.

He ate Aetherion despite not being supposed to do so for heaven's sake.

Sollum
January 21, 2011, 05:26 AM
@kkck

Well it was implied long ago by two Wolf dudes that most of magicians have a weak spot - their body.

But yeah, if all of 7 Purgatory where training daily in a gym, it wont work. But based on how they look like i wouldn't dare to say that >.>

Giga_Gaia
January 21, 2011, 06:24 AM
Natsu is obviously not gonna lose, especially if you look at the next chapter's title, it looks like he is getting a new attack. Zancrow is gonna get his *** kicked.

Natsu can obviously eat the black flame. Either Zancrow lied because he know the black flame would make Natsu far too powerful and as his enemy, he wouldn't want that, or Natsu will eat it like the Aetherion, his body would reject it at first but would end up powering up.

As for Caprico being a spirit, he is probably not. Yeah he looks like a goat and has the name of a spirit, but if he was a spirit, he isn't summoned, so he'd be there by his own means. Also, not likely since Loki (Leo) is the leader of the zodiac and he is getting owned by Caprico. Why would Loki be the leader of the zodiac if Caprico is more powerful? Wouldn't make sense. However, judging how Loki look at him, it would make sense if he was the spirit.

Also, you know not all 7 kins are strong. Ultear is obviously incredibly weak. On garuna island, she fought Natsu with half of her power and Natsu was able to fight on par with her. Now, Natsu is a lot stronger and if he fought her when she would use her full power, he would obviously defeat her. Also, Kain Hikaru is not only small, fat and stupid, he looks pretty weak and cry like a small baby because he can,t find anyone.

ca12nag3
January 21, 2011, 08:32 AM
you forget Loki had a big exclamation mark next to his head when seeing Caprico, and its foolish to just skip past the fact his name is Caprico *capricorn related*. And he looks like a goat. How much more proof do you need?
Basicaly in all manga you see this kinda denial comming up, sure its possible hes not Capricorn but most likely he is with all the evidence so far suporting it.

As for Natsu winning, well possibly however would he ignore Makarovs dieing words just like that? I mean how stuborn can one get. Not to even listen to his own master. Youll never become S-Class if you dont at least listen to your elders.

As for Hain Hikaru, the ones that look the stupidest arnt always the weakest.

What i think might happen is Zancrows arrogance will bite his ass, he will either lose to Natsu but more likely be stalled/shaken off. Natsu could then collect the survivors and get the hell out of there -> next arc.
Why i say this? Simple, his encounter with Gildarts showd him that he should know when to back off. Acknowledge when you meet your superior. Also another thing thats greatly more important are the other FT members. People on this forum are like yeah hes gonna beat Zancrow up! Well what about his responsibility towards his friends? He would ignore that for his own pride in battle? He doesnt know how they are doing, and seeing that Makarov is near death -> Hades is still out there. So every minute he wastes on Zancrow his friends might meet the same fate as Makarov. So most wisely would be to ditch Zancrow and find his friends and get out of there.

also it would kinda be a total asspull that all out of nothing Natsu would be more stronger then 1 of the wizard saints.... I mean he said he would be the one to defeat Hades yet he never was stronger then Makarov.

And another thing, he doesnt have to beat him right here right now.

Sollum
January 21, 2011, 08:43 AM
About Caprico - maybe he is not real Caprico.

Just a guess but in fantasy lore, one of the most powerful "dark" spells is possession. So maybe its a Wizard that possessed Caprico.

Even wilder guess -> "Caprico" possessed Caprico and killed his own master, by that he was banished from Stellar world and is about to die soon, after that he will just possess Loki and pew pew!

kkck
January 21, 2011, 09:40 AM
@kkck

Well it was implied long ago by two Wolf dudes that most of magicians have a weak spot - their body.

But yeah, if all of 7 Purgatory where training daily in a gym, it wont work. But based on how they look like i wouldn't dare to say that >.>

Well, based on what we have seen, would that be relevant in the least with the mages we usually see? Heck, even lucy is seen easily doing backflips and tying down a 40 meter octopus on her own without even using her own magical power. That might be true for the average mage however with the mages we usually see there is no reason to believe their bodies are weak in the least. Zancrow uses a similar stile of magic to natsu, it makes sense his physical capacities would be top notch specially if his body takes the constitution of a god...

chrizzl
January 21, 2011, 02:49 PM
As for Caprico being a spirit, he is probably not. Yeah he looks like a goat and has the name of a spirit, but if he was a spirit, he isn't summoned, so he'd be there by his own means. Also, not likely since Loki (Leo) is the leader of the zodiac and he is getting owned by Caprico. Why would Loki be the leader of the zodiac if Caprico is more powerful? Wouldn't make sense. However, judging how Loki look at him, it would make sense if he was the spirit.

i undersand what you mean but i think he could be a spirit and be stronger than loki (leo) at the moment because loki is there by his own accord like he was when he was in fairy tail and he was alot weaker then. all he needs do is exit recharge in sprit world for a while and come back

Razh
January 21, 2011, 03:40 PM
Wait all of Seven Kin are supposed to have lost magic, right?

Thinking about it, it's less of a possibility that it's a a zodiac spirit himself and more that it's a magic that allowed someone to take over zodiac spirit, like Sollum says.
I think his ability to summon and unsummon other people could be a key.

Then again, there were other beastmen in GH as well, so maybe he isn't a zodiac. But why would Loki have some kind of reaction then?

llamapie
January 21, 2011, 04:40 PM
Wait all of Seven Kin are supposed to have lost magic, right?

Thinking about it, it's less of a possibility that it's a a zodiac spirit himself and more that it's a magic that allowed someone to take over zodiac spirit, like Sollum says.
I think his ability to summon and unsummon other people could be a key.

Then again, there were other beastmen in GH as well, so maybe he isn't a zodiac. But why would Loki have some kind of reaction then?

There could have been a time in the past where a key user could merge with their keys and summon the spirit into their body. Thats the lost magic I think he has. It would be really cool if Lucy ended up learning it by proxy from this fight. But anyways it seems obvious to me he is at least related to a Zodiac, more so by Leo's reaction than anything.
[hr]

you forget Loki had a big exclamation mark next to his head when seeing Caprico, and its foolish to just skip past the fact his name is Caprico *capricorn related*. And he looks like a goat. How much more proof do you need?
Basicaly in all manga you see this kinda denial comming up, sure its possible hes not Capricorn but most likely he is with all the evidence so far suporting it.

As for Natsu winning, well possibly however would he ignore Makarovs dieing words just like that? I mean how stuborn can one get. Not to even listen to his own master. Youll never become S-Class if you dont at least listen to your elders.

As for Hain Hikaru, the ones that look the stupidest arnt always the weakest.

What i think might happen is Zancrows arrogance will bite his ass, he will either lose to Natsu but more likely be stalled/shaken off. Natsu could then collect the survivors and get the hell out of there -> next arc.
Why i say this? Simple, his encounter with Gildarts showd him that he should know when to back off. Acknowledge when you meet your superior. Also another thing thats greatly more important are the other FT members. People on this forum are like yeah hes gonna beat Zancrow up! Well what about his responsibility towards his friends? He would ignore that for his own pride in battle? He doesnt know how they are doing, and seeing that Makarov is near death -> Hades is still out there. So every minute he wastes on Zancrow his friends might meet the same fate as Makarov. So most wisely would be to ditch Zancrow and find his friends and get out of there.

also it would kinda be a total asspull that all out of nothing Natsu would be more stronger then 1 of the wizard saints.... I mean he said he would be the one to defeat Hades yet he never was stronger then Makarov.

And another thing, he doesnt have to beat him right here right now.
What Natsu is doing is for Makarov. He just went super dragon slayer because Makarov is about to die from the GH guys. So if Makarov's words are based on what he knows of Natsu's power then Natsu is right when he knows he can beat this guy. So in turn I find it as a sign of respect more than anything.

kkck
January 21, 2011, 05:25 PM
i undersand what you mean but i think he could be a spirit and be stronger than loki (leo) at the moment because loki is there by his own accord like he was when he was in fairy tail and he was alot weaker then. all he needs do is exit recharge in sprit world for a while and come back

But wouldn't the strength of a spirit also depend on who uses it? Even then, staying for prolonged periods of time and fighting on his own magic should be quite taxing. Personally, I think caprico actually has a master who uses lost magic as a stellar spirit mage. I recall someone saying lucy's magic resembled anima and we have seen her use other spells so a stellar spirit lost magic is a very real possibility here.

ca12nag3
January 22, 2011, 02:13 AM
How about just wait and see before adding content? Its way more simple to see Caprico as the capricorn stellar spirit then fabricating a possessed spirit or soemone who resembles the capricorn. Im not saying its not possible but so far we see a goatguy whos named Caprico....

Ill give you an example, you drive along the highway and see a McDonalds sign....you going to asume there is a Burger King?

White Silver King
January 22, 2011, 02:38 PM
Also, you know not all 7 kins are strong. Ultear is obviously incredibly weak. On garuna island, she fought Natsu with half of her power and Natsu was able to fight on par with her. Now, Natsu is a lot stronger and if he fought her when she would use her full power, he would obviously defeat her. Also, Kain Hikaru is not only small, fat and stupid, he looks pretty weak and cry like a small baby because he can,t find anyone.

....No. Ultear wasn't even using half of her power and took on Natsu. Granted, he "won" but not until after he got the crap kicked out of him and all she got was a bump on the head. And I'm sure she hasn't just been sitting around while Natsu was getting random power-ups. And we have barely seen what she can do. She has a wide range of abilities besides her Arc of Time (which is incredibly powerful) - we've seen her use mind control and transformation also. In the manga of course she would most likely lose in a fight against Natsu because... it's Natsu. Logically, she should win but Natsu could take on all the dragons simultaneously and win because of the sheer fact that Mashima won't let Natsu lose an actual fight.

-Ken-
January 22, 2011, 03:00 PM
....No. Ultear wasn't even using half of her power and took on Natsu. Granted, he "won" but not until after he got the crap kicked out of him and all she got was a bump on the head. And I'm sure she hasn't just been sitting around while Natsu was getting random power-ups. And we have barely seen what she can do. She has a wide range of abilities besides her Arc of Time (which is incredibly powerful) - we've seen her use mind control and transformation also. In the manga of course she would most likely lose in a fight against Natsu because... it's Natsu. Logically, she should win but Natsu could take on all the dragons simultaneously and win because of the sheer fact that Mashima won't let Natsu lose an actual fight.

I won't say this. It's confirmed that Natsu got stronger. But it's no where near confirmation that Urtear got stronger. Urtear "might" get stronger, but maybe not. Like, if someone were strong, they might not have to train anymore. Actually, it's almost always the case that bad guys doesn't train in a lot of manga I read. In fact, I can't think of any manga on the top of my head of the bad guys actually train. Maybe Flame of Recca.

White Silver King
January 22, 2011, 03:03 PM
In fact, I can't think of any manga on the top of my head of the bad guys actually train.

When does Natsu train...?

MonsterEnvy
January 22, 2011, 03:25 PM
I won't say this. It's confirmed that Natsu got stronger. But it's no where near confirmation that Urtear got stronger. Urtear "might" get stronger, but maybe not. Like, if someone were strong, they might not have to train anymore. Actually, it's almost always the case that bad guys doesn't train in a lot of manga I read. In fact, I can't think of any manga on the top of my head of the bad guys actually train. Maybe Flame of Recca.

she used a 3rd of her power and kicked his ass while she got a bump she should be able to overpower him quite easily

Natsu has lost lots of fights and when he does beat the big bad he always has help for the most part

Sollum
January 22, 2011, 03:32 PM
i was rereading manga not long ago and watched anime after that and she clearly said "Even though i was using half of my power blah blah...".

But anyways... I need my weekly chapter dose... QQ

Sevenheadedmirror
January 22, 2011, 03:40 PM
When does Natsu train...? ... Hey!, logical arguments aren't fair here. Obviously everybody is implied to train and become stronger but for the villains.

swordsaintscoot
January 22, 2011, 03:59 PM
using the deliora arc as a basis for anything is stupid

sorry but...it was just too long. ultear used only a little over a third of her power, that was about natsu's strength then, he could fight on par. to assume he hasnt gotten stronger would shortsighted. but to instantly assume that bad guys dont get power ups is even more shortsighted xD

Shiro Tsuki
January 22, 2011, 05:37 PM
This is IT!
What's taking so long? -_-
I need to read the manga >.<

Anyway - I believe Ultear is really strong -
She might win if she is fighting any strong mage in FT (EXcept Natsu - who is now probably hoisted as unbeatable by the mangaka - I really hated Erza for being 'that character' for a long time :D)

(Another feat of Ultear would be destroying the whatever-called-place the council were and actually getting away from them - For I know those council people were strong ups right?)
[hr]
Chapter is OUT!
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/92248138/1

kamakazi_1996
January 22, 2011, 07:01 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/92248138/1

chapters here :)

White Silver King
January 22, 2011, 07:13 PM
i was rereading manga not long ago and watched anime after that and she clearly said "Even though i was using half of my power blah blah...".

I never really minded when Ezra (I know I spell it wrong, I don't like the name "Erza") was unbeatable (her only fights that bothered me were Ikaruga because her winning made no sense [like what's going on now] and her win against Midnight because I really liked him ;P) because she has reasons to win i.e. her armors. She comes prepared to every fight and adapts and she is a shoe-in for Master of FT and Wizard Saint for not just her power, but her strategic thinking and intellect. Unlike Ezra, Natsu just gets these random power-ups in most fights and other times he just eats whatever is around him and hopes for the best.

The end of the chapter was complete bullshit. The only good thing that came out of it was that next week's chapter "Fairy Sisters" will probably be Mira's. And watch her and Lisanna lose their fight (the one group I actually wanted to win). I'm seriously losing interest in FT.

Sevenheadedmirror
January 25, 2011, 03:44 PM
I never really minded when Ezra (I know I spell it wrong, I don't like the name "Erza") was unbeatable (her only fights that bothered me were Ikaruga because her winning made no sense [like what's going on now] and her win against Midnight because I really liked him ;P) because she has reasons to win i.e. her armors. She comes prepared to every fight and adapts and she is a shoe-in for Master of FT and Wizard Saint for not just her power, but her strategic thinking and intellect. Unlike Ezra, Natsu just gets these random power-ups in most fights and other times he just eats whatever is around him and hopes for the best.

The end of the chapter was complete bullshit. The only good thing that came out of it was that next week's chapter "Fairy Sisters" will probably be Mira's. And watch her and Lisanna lose their fight (the one group I actually wanted to win). I'm seriously losing interest in FT.

Dammit! all has been said! I agree with the post so much I just had to say it. Yup, I remember zancrow passing through that tree and getting exited "yes! he is going for the win" I said to myself BUT THEN... man, why?, seriously? he can get the flames by 'lowering his powers' it hasn't even a risk!!... he gets back more by absorbing it.