PDA

View Full Version : Review White Silver's One Piece Commentary (Chapter 437)

white silver
December 13, 2006, 06:31 AM
Once again another late commentary for One Piece, forgive me I've been quite busy lately. It seems that Garaku is quite busy at this point, he said that he'll send a triple commentary (which is a lot). Well since nobody is taking over I'll be doing it at this point, it would be quite late though, due to the late scans and such.

Thanks to Yoneikai for the scans on this one, and the quality is very decent! You may notice some of the screenshots here that are "edited" for humor purposes. Anyways let's go!

[b][color=teal]~~~ One Piece Chapter 437: NAKED BUT GREAT ~~~

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/437-01.jpg
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]And then there were/was 4 1!

1. [u]Space Cadets in a whole different variety: This got me thinking.... Who'd ever thought there'd be the same type of creatures on the moon, in different types as well. Looks like is at his "confused" look again. Looking at the "moon-moles" as I would like to call it. We've got a knight, samurai and a cowboy and they're all lying down as if they were being struck by lightning. Oops, has Enel got something to do with this? Or is there another "creature" lurking on the moon.

[center]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/437-02.jpg
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Speedos' new masqot!

2. [u]Streaking out for picture: As bold as Franky might be, I think that's crossing way over the line. Nakedness to prove his machoness, that attitude sort of reminds me of Gai, but the more extreme version of that. Notice the water splashing through the rocks as the character makes a pose in between. Quite popular for the manga comedic effect, though this is a bit more literal. Anyways it does seem that removing his underwear will not make Franky change his mind about leaving Water 7. Talk about stubborness.

[center]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/437-03.jpg
[b][font=verdana][color=red][size=1]*Picture is edited*

3. [u]Oooohhh, that's gotta hurt!! Talk about "crushing" nuts. Well that's what he got for being stubborn. I wonder if his nuts are actually robotified as well? Seeing the look on his eyes, I'm guessing not, so that's another weakness to look for aside from his back side! Talk about Robin gettin her hands down and dirty. I wonder what's inspiring Franky to withstand that kind of immence pain and pressure.

[center]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/437-04.jpg
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Treasure? You mean the Family "Jewels"?

4. [u]Well she's got a point about the treasure. Without letting go, hmm....... I wonder if she likes it? Some extreme methods are enforced right here, heck I'll agree to almost anything if someone grabbed my nuts and threatened me! Who'd ever thought removing Franky's underwear would cause so much complications and problems. But what exactly is Franky thinking right now, I can't imagine.

[center]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/437-05.jpg
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Well currently we're seeing your fated situation...

5. [u]Franky's dream: This is what I love from Oda's work, he has the time to go and do some flashbacks to add to the effect of the story. We've understood a lot about the characters because of the flashbacks, I feel we're getting a lot more in One Piece than any other manga I've read. There's the "Splash" page that tells a side-story of the current event, on the other hand, Oda puts in a mini-story through the flashbacks in the characters, and they aren't limited to the main characters, even the bad guys like Lucci had a little side-story regarding his entry to the CP9. And best of all, he can still manage to keep the pace of the storyline (although it's quite slow for the past 2 chapters).

[center]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/437-06.jpg
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Soft hearted man/cyborg.......

6. [u]Don't blame yourself: Franky may seem like a bad guy at first, but he's very committed to the people of Water 7, and it's kind of sad but strong to take in all the blame for what happened to his master. Iceburg must have realized this that Franky is the most devastated after his death even though Tom-san has forgiven him. Franky doesn't want to accept that and still blames himself for that day. It's a good thing that Iceburg is getting to him, he really does care for Franky even though they weren't that friendly with each other as kids.

[center]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/437-07.jpg
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Why did you steal his underwear then?

7. [u]True Nakama: Franky is popular within the group, they'd go high and low for their boss, it's amazing how Franky is able to have such faithful ones with him. A charismatic dude who loves trouble still has a heart for guys, even his young brothers. Franky keeps blaming himself too much even the group is unable to take it seeing that he is taking the burden for himself for the sake of his friends. I guess they wanted to share the burden knowing that their boss is in real pain.

[center]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/437-08.jpg
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]From humble beginnings..

8. [u]Memories from the past: Once again we're witnessing the same effect again to increase the dramatic effect from the manga. We're looking at Franky starting to recruit a crew starting the Franky Family that is standing today. All the fights with the pirates and picking up strayed people to join his gang in a few pictures tells the whole story already.

[center]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/437-09.jpg
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Looks like Luffy's Grandpa hasn't had enough...

9. [u]An unexpeted twist: Who'd ever thought his Grandpa to take action very soon. Looks like HQ has discovered the situation and asked for Luffy's Grandpa to attack the Strawhat Crew. And here their boat is completed, it would be a shame if it was shot down by the larger Marine Fleet. The interesting bit is when we may discover the "secrets" of the new ship.

[center]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/437-10.jpg
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]A new crew finally

[u]Give yourself a pat in the back: For those who believed that Franky would be the next crew member, well here you are smiling with pride. I too expected this, it's about time their crew started to expand. And sooner or later Luffy may have an entire fleet matching even Whitebeard. Or maybe he'll keep the crew as minimal as possible. A new ship and a new crew member. But wait... what about Ussop? Is he on his way to Elbaf? I hope not, well unless he's with his crew, but I think this is all part of the "plot" for the "New World" arc that is about to be.

[color=teal]Rating:http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/star.gifhttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/star.gifhttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/star.gifhttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/star.gif

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Once again, the chapter is not that much different than the previous one. It's quite a shame though, Oda could've at least gone further in the previous chatper. Well, anyways we can expect something very awesome for the next chapter, for there are 3 "Cliffhangers" at the moment: Whitebeard vs. Shanks, Ace vs. Blackbeard, and Luffy against his Grandfather once more. Nothing special, but the "twist" at the end made it a lot more interesting.

[center]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j220/kunai_jutsu/OP%20Commentary/437-00.jpg
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]New Speedo Ad!

Raseru
December 13, 2006, 06:42 AM
Great comments, White Silver, I've been waiting all week for a One Piece review, seeing as Garaku and yourself were kinda tied up with life... Anyways, great work.

I found this chapter quite humourous (poor Franky, now we know that his <.< balls >.> aren't cyborg-icized). Keep up the good work!!

white silver
December 13, 2006, 10:02 AM
Great comments, White Silver, I've been waiting all week for a One Piece review, seeing as Garaku and yourself were kinda tied up with life... Anyways, great work.

I found this chapter quite humourous (poor Franky, now we know that his <.< balls >.> aren't cyborg-icized). Keep up the good work!!

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Thanks for the support, I'll try to keep up the commentary! This chapter is humourous but nonetheless I think Oda is to relaxed at this point, hopefully the next chapter would bring more surprises!

weixiaobao
December 14, 2006, 10:08 PM
Good job on the comments...
-Anyway--- I think it kinda over the line for the grabbing nuts thing... it just too painful to laugh...
-So this is like Alabasta Arc.. End up, Strawhats running away from the marines...
-I feel bad for the children that have to witness Robin grabbing Franky's nuts
-And he didn't even put his underwear on at the end of the chapter...???

Look forward to next chapter and comments... :noworry

white silver
December 15, 2006, 09:17 AM
Good job on the comments...
-Anyway--- I think it kinda over the line for the grabbing nuts thing... it just too painful to laugh...
-So this is like Alabasta Arc.. End up, Strawhats running away from the marines...
-I feel bad for the children that have to witness Robin grabbing Franky's nuts
-And he didn't even put his underwear on at the end of the chapter...???

Look forward to next chapter and comments... :noworry

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Not much to discuss here either eh? Thanks for the support, I hope the next chapter turns interesting next time around.

*Note: We really need more scanslator teams working for future One Piece chapters*

ijoit3k
December 15, 2006, 09:34 AM
Hmm, good job again..and its true thats is not much to discuss for this chapter..its all down to franky and robin hand points..

its may be too bad for children but i kindda like it..

nyway keep the good work WS ~

white silver
December 15, 2006, 09:39 AM
Hmm, good job again..and its true thats is not much to discuss for this chapter..its all down to franky and robin hand points..

its may be too bad for children but i kindda like it..

nyway keep the good work WS ~

[b][font=verdana][size=1]Thanks, but I have to partly blame for my commentary as well. Come on, admit it you guys, you can see it was done pretty fast (I was actually comparing it to [color=red]GK's commentary. I'll try to make my commentary as entertaining as possible, seeing that the scans come way too late, I rushed too quickly before the next chapter's release.

ijoit3k
December 15, 2006, 09:47 AM
[b][font=verdana][size=1]Thanks, but I have to partly blame for my commentary as well. Come on, admit it you guys, you can see it was done pretty fast (I was actually comparing it to [color=red]GK's commentary. I'll try to make my commentary as entertaining as possible, seeing that the scans come way too late, I rushed too quickly before the next chapter's release.

oh no, don't blame yourself!! i think what you did was great..its just that the chapter itself doesn't need much point to discuss and comment.

we all appreciatite what you have done with this comment..so, be happy~

weixiaobao
December 16, 2006, 01:27 AM
[b][font=verdana][size=1]Not much to discuss here either eh? Thanks for the support, I hope the next chapter turns interesting next time around.

*Note: We really need more scanslator teams working for future One Piece chapters*

need more scanlators and translators..... why no one like to translate OP...???
Anyway it hard to made people volunteer... but if they do it greatly appreciated though....

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Thanks, but I have to partly blame for my commentary as well. Come on, admit it you guys, you can see it was done pretty fast (I was actually comparing it to [color=red]GK's commentary. I'll try to make my commentary as entertaining as possible, seeing that the scans come way too late, I rushed too quickly before the next chapter's release.

If there is not much to discuss.. why don't you introduced theory and prediction.. and insight on stuff like the new ship, and ya da ya da....

Anyway it a great job nonetheless thanx...

_____
added Garaku and White Silver in buddy list..

white silver
December 16, 2006, 03:43 AM
If there is not much to discuss.. why don't you introduced theory and prediction.. and

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Will do.

venicia777
December 18, 2006, 04:11 AM
whitesilver- kun. Such a lovely analysis. To be honest this is one analysis of yours i seem to really like the most-- or is it because Franky was showing his moles to all the public.

but whew-- i will only comment on a few (too much writing done this evening- lol)

1) i really love Enels side story. Have we had any of the major villains luffy defeated/fought ever have their lives after the fight explored so. Yes of course-- but Enel is the one that didnt get captured by the marines or totally get defeated. and is the only one still out there trying to achieve his dreams. I am really glad Oda has this style-- it is just soo unique.

2) Franky's stubborness earned him some excruciating results. Wow!! you gotta love Robin even more now. I like the fact that she is now soo free with herself. She has finally accepted to herself that she deserves to live and fully bent on enamoring herself to literally her only family now. Oh yeah-- robin-- show us why you were so devious in those old days :p

9) will Garp really stop Luffy if ordered? i am sure he would but even if he captures luffy and crew would that devious old man (joke here) allow the marines to get their hands on his grandson? He probably will let the crew slip out again and give a terrible excuse - hahahaha!!!

anyways, that is supposing he manages to capture the whole mugiwara crew? which i wonder-- will he be able to achieve this since he is older now? i just hope he is not as strong as he used to be when he was said to have caught Roger?

white silver
December 18, 2006, 05:07 AM
whitesilver- kun. Such a lovely analysis. To be honest this is one analysis of yours i seem to really like the most-- or is it because Franky was showing his moles to all the public.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Thanks a lot venicia777, although I really prefer your former statement than the latter (LOL).

but whew-- i will only comment on a few (too much writing done this evening- lol)

1) i really love Enels side story. Have we had any of the major villains luffy defeated/fought ever have their lives after the fight explored so. Yes of course-- but Enel is the one that didnt get captured by the marines or totally get defeated. and is the only one still out there trying to achieve his dreams. I am really glad Oda has this style-- it is just soo unique.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Indeed, it even makes a better excuse for the animators to use the volume as a replacement for fillers. We've got the Crocodile-escape arc as well as the Enel's arc, seeing as the Anime being close to the current chapter, they could use some side-stories. Enel is not the only bad dude that hasn't been taken away by the marines, his minion guy (the one who fought with chapter) started an underground spa with a relative of that Alabasta dude.

2) Franky's stubborness earned him some excruciating results. Wow!! you gotta love Robin even more now. I like the fact that she is now soo free with herself. She has finally accepted to herself that she deserves to live and fully bent on enamoring herself to literally her only family now. Oh yeah-- robin-- show us why you were so devious in those old days :p

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Talk about Luffy saving the two most painful (memories) damsel-in-distress in his crew. He's being quite the prince charming.

9) will Garp really stop Luffy if ordered? i am sure he would but even if he captures luffy and crew would that devious old man (joke here) allow the marines to get their hands on his grandson? He probably will let the crew slip out again and give a terrible excuse - hahahaha!!!

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]You should check out my next commentary. It would be out very very soon!

anyways, that is supposing he manages to capture the whole mugiwara crew? which i wonder-- will he be able to achieve this since he is older now? i just hope he is not as strong as he used to be when he was said to have caught Roger?

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Boy I can't imagine! Why isn't he an Admiral then???

venicia777
December 18, 2006, 05:27 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Thanks a lot venicia777, although I really prefer your former statement than the latter (LOL).
Hahahahaha-- lets go with the first one then :p

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Indeed, it even makes a better excuse for the animators to use the volume as a replacement for fillers. We've got the Crocodile-escape arc as well as the Enel's arc, seeing as the Anime being close to the current chapter, they could use some side-stories. Enel is not the only bad dude that hasn't been taken away by the marines, his minion guy (the one who fought with chapter) started an underground spa with a relative of that Alabasta dude.

My memory is short on this one-- did crocodile succeed in escaping?

anyways, if they decide to make these side stories into anime episodes-- it will be terribly awesome. i would rather prefer filler-like material partly based on material briefly touched upon in the manga.instead of just random filler material.

i hope they dont go on a hiatus again. these side stories can really be used for animation.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Talk about Luffy saving the two most painful (memories) damsel-in-distress in his crew. He's being quite the prince charming.
He sure does. One loves history and one loves navigation. One controls a DF while the other controls the clouds. awesome-- isnt it. Luffy sure knows how to pick.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]You should check out my next commentary. It would be out very very soon!
definitley

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Boy I can't imagine! Why isn't he an Admiral then???

didnt i here that just like smoker he probably didnt care- :p

white silver
December 18, 2006, 05:56 AM
My memory is short on this one-- did crocodile succeed in escaping?

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Sure did!

didnt i here that just like smoker he probably didnt care- :p

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]But Smoker was promoted anyways.