PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 219 Discussion/ 220 Predictions

3c
January 15, 2011, 10:06 AM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current translation here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/219/)

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/92248138/1

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

Sollum
January 22, 2011, 05:20 PM
It's out!

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/92248138/1

MonsterEnvy
January 22, 2011, 05:26 PM
I still don't think that Zancrow is done yet

and Natsu still needed help to get this far but I still believe that Zancrow will get up

anyway we should be seeing how Mira and Lisianna are doing with Azuma

swordsaintscoot
January 22, 2011, 05:32 PM
I expected this outcome

but not in this fashion

to be able to 'cancel' it out so as to eat it. he didnt just EAT the flames to power up his own. He ate the flames to absorb god magic, for a single instance, he merged the power of gods that zancrow wields with the power of dragons.

I thought that was amazing.

kkck
January 22, 2011, 05:35 PM
I just had a theory about the next chapters. Next chapter natsu will actually eat zancrow's flame. Due to the flame of a "god" being better than that of natsu's currently he will get a boost, perhaps something similar to dragon force. Since natsu, a dragon, will be boosted by the flame of a god, the result will be what the title mentioned, the dragon god.

I felt like quoting myself this time lol. My prediction was almost on the spot.... I was surprised makarov had that much power left and that even then zancrow was able to burn him like that. Tough dudes. Wonder how eating this new flames will affect natsu in the long run though.

Sollum
January 22, 2011, 05:36 PM
Chapter was pretty good. I liked that they've "smacked" Zani as a team.

Tho Makarovs words where a bit confusing at the beginning, but after giving it some thought i understood what he wanted to say >.> He basically cleared his "fire" buffer and filled it with Zani's fire, since its different fire, and then unleashed that power back on Zani. So Natsu is running now on Black Flame operating system, instead of Red Fire one >.>

Now there are two possibilities:
a) Black Flame is only temporary, it will run out
b) It's a power up!

Either way i think Zancarow will stand up after this.

swordsaintscoot
January 22, 2011, 05:38 PM
of course zancrow will stand back up

if a firegod could lose to a firegods flames than somethings fkn wrong.

GOLD.
January 22, 2011, 05:41 PM
have waited all day for this chapter to be out...
wanted to see more than just one battle but it is good to see natsu learn a new technique though. may be natsu can even create those flames later as part of dragon slayer magic, it could be that igneel didnt have enough time to teach him all of the dragon slayer magic

Shiro Tsuki
January 22, 2011, 05:42 PM
I have been waiting for hours...
So anything would have been okay for me!
I guess it was pretty predictable that Natsu will gain the upperhand -
The god slayer was getting on my nerves will that obnoxious behaviour - Good for him!

Am more into chapter 220 - Mira and Lisana :0

(I am rooting for Azuma wounding Lisana and she is all "goodbye neechan" - and MiraJ getting all "arrrrg satan soul!!!!)

kkck
January 22, 2011, 05:48 PM
of course zancrow will stand back up

if a firegod could lose to a firegods flames than somethings fkn wrong.

Well, he did take a powerful blow from flames seemingly more powerful than that of a god. The fact that zancrow could not eat those flames is more than enough to show the true level of the technique natsu used. Perhaps zancrow is not defeated yet but the sheer amount of damage he must have taken is not to be taken lightly. It is interesting to note that even after being completely pissed off natsu's regular flames could not actually hurt zancrow though.

Ero-Sanji
January 22, 2011, 05:51 PM
Meh...

No, it was good but a little cliché but I guess it was good thinking of how Natsu needed help, the outcome makes a little more sense.

Next chapter is titled Fairy sisters I'm guessing we're taking a little break from Natsu, Makarov and Zani conflict and fokus on Erza and Lluvia for a while.

Rowel
January 22, 2011, 06:07 PM
If this is just to defeat Zancrow , fair enough , given Makarov actualy doing something worth motivating over.

If this will boost up his power several levels for the remainder of the arc and will actualy allow him to beat Hades.....that is when the floodgates of my HATE shall be opened.

And there will be no mercy for those who stray from the path of righteous storytelling.

eefrit
January 22, 2011, 06:21 PM
Alright, while I wanted Natsu to lose, I believe this is a suitable conclusion to this fight. Taking his opponents flame and using it against him is a very interesting thing for Natsu to do. Marakov seems to recognize the technique Natsu used so I'm kind of interested in that. Natsu has shown a level of calmness in this fight that I have never seen before and that was cool. I believe Zancrow is done for the moment, but he could be back. I think he is done for the moment because this gives Natsu a chance to get Marakov away from the fight. All in all this was a satisfying chapter.

mak123
January 22, 2011, 06:27 PM
The beginning of this arc was very good, but now it's very boring... It's the first time that i don't like a ft arc...

sarutobi_sensei
January 22, 2011, 06:36 PM
The beginning of this arc was very good, but now it's very boring... It's the first time that i don't like a ft arc...

So you liked Oraccion Seis?

--------------------------------------------------

Really liked the chapter. Didn't see Natsu needing help though, but I'm glad he did need help.

So basically, what Natsu did, is seemingly impossible right? Or only highly capable mages are able to do it.

I wonder if we'll ever know what Natsu did, by the voice of Makarov. And it seems like Makarov will live. xD

Natsu's technique as just awesome!

Nullifying his own power, then nullifying Zankrow's power and power himself up with it. And Zancrow's face was like, fuck!!!!:o:o

Lets see how Mira and Lisanna fair against Azuma.

Razh
January 22, 2011, 06:44 PM
Damn, I expected more of actual fighting.

But yeah, now I'm interested in this magic power nullifying.

Kurohitsugi
January 22, 2011, 06:47 PM
Normally, since Zancrow can consume both his own and normal flames he shouldn't be damaged heavily. I really hope this isn't over. If Zancrow gets beaten here it means that the other Kins will probably get their asses kicked too.

Really guys, is there the final page missing from MS site ? I can't find the page with the next chapter's title at all. It's ok, they fixed it.

meepers4982
January 22, 2011, 07:04 PM

Really liked the chapter. Didn't see Natsu needing help though, but I'm glad he did need help.

So basically, what Natsu did, is seemingly impossible right? Or only highly capable mages are able to do it.

I wonder if we'll ever know what Natsu did, by the voice of Makarov. And it seems like Makarov will live. xD

Nullifying his own power, then nullifying Zankrow's power and power himself up with it. And Zancrow's face was like, fuck!!!!:o:o

i really liked the oracion seis arc...

I agree i really liked this chapter as well. I think mashiro did a good job of showing a serious natsu and one that thinks his actions through (sort of). I would be kind of happy if makarov would live, i mean its like soul society with yamamoto...just saying. I really like how this chapter wasnt about a suddenly overpowered natsu but a gradual change (again sort of). I cant wait until the next chapter.

Edit: from what makarov said who thinks natsu is going to be and s-class mage!? ref. pg.19

MonsterEnvy
January 22, 2011, 07:13 PM
Next chapter is titled Fairy sisters I'm guessing we're taking a little break from Natsu, Makarov and Zani conflict and fokus on Erza and Lluvia for a while.

or maybe they will focus on the actual sisters Mira and Lisianna

Zeltrax
January 22, 2011, 07:18 PM
I think this is an asspull done well, but still, an asspull.

I believe that we won't be seeing nullifying magic anytime soon and it's a one time only thing, that's my prediction.

I really hope Zancrow doesn't die or lose from this but unfortunately, the title of the next chapter says otherwise. If that's the case then it's really sad that thats all a member of Grimore heart can do.
I mean, guy was hyped up so much.

tobeulp
January 22, 2011, 07:26 PM
Well Mashima had done it now I am pissed.. I am still hoping that Zancrow still can fight and the rest of Grimoire Heart will win flawlessly

Lord.Strife
January 22, 2011, 07:27 PM
I really like this chapter. Especially that natsu didn't defeat zancrow by himself and it was show that makarov was impressed by natsus strategy. By show strategy to overcome a threat natsu will be promoted to S class. Zancrow will live since natsu should have to face him later down the line 1v1 and win.

I am expecting that the others will lose their battles.

Hoping luxus will use that lighting technique to travel long distances.

AM highly impressed with the merging of 2 different flames and if this is a powerup for future use i will be looking for the resulting power when mixed in with dragon force.

White Silver King
January 22, 2011, 07:27 PM
The end of the chapter was complete bullshit. I'm seriously losing interest in FT. The only good thing that came out of it was that next week's chapter "Fairy Sisters" will probably be Mira's. And watch her and Lisanna lose their fight (the one group I actually wanted to win).

Quoted from the other thread because someone needs to say it.

sarutobi_sensei
January 22, 2011, 07:30 PM
Normally, since Zancrow can consume both his own and normal flames he shouldn't be damaged heavily. I really hope this isn't over. If Zancrow gets beaten here it means that the other Kins will probably get their asses kicked too.

Really guys, is there the final page missing from MS site ? I can't find the page with the next chapter's title at all. It's ok, they fixed it.

He can consume his own flames? When was that showed?

It doesn't mean that the others will be beaten like this. Don't forget that Natsu, in this battle, had the help of Makarov. It was essential for his victory.

i really liked the oracion seis arc...

I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. I liked it, but it was normal to me.

I agree i really liked this chapter as well. I think mashiro did a good job of showing a serious natsu and one that thinks his actions through (sort of). I would be kind of happy if makarov would live, i mean its like soul society with yamamoto...just saying. I really like how this chapter wasnt about a suddenly overpowered natsu but a gradual change (again sort of). I cant wait until the next chapter.

Edit: from what makarov said who thinks natsu is going to be and s-class mage!? ref. pg.19

I think this is an asspull done well, but still, an asspull.

I believe that we won't be seeing nullifying magic anytime soon and it's a one time only thing, that's my prediction.

I really hope Zancrow doesn't die or lose from this but unfortunately, the title of the next chapter says otherwise. If that's the case then it's really sad that thats all a member of Grimore heart can do.
I mean, guy was hyped up so much.
It's not really an ass pull if Natsu has the ability to do it. Not knowing and not being able to do it, are different things.

Well, it should work for other kinds of Magic that Natsu can't seem to negate or escape from.

From the preview it looks like Zancrow is actually defeated, which is good, cause unless he has some history to tell, I really don't wanna ear more about him xD

But he should come back eventually.

ghostexiled
January 22, 2011, 07:32 PM
I seriously doubt the fight is over...

Until you see him sitting in a crater created by his body being slammed into the ground/wall ect., and his eyes solid white with his mouth hanging open... otherwise typical FT beaten bad guy look... it ain't over.

Anyway... on to the chapter. I think it played out just fine. Too many people are just waiting for something to gripe about.

Natsu was blasted a mile away by Zancrow and he continued to fight on...

Zancrow has still of yet to show anything serious or desperate... which once again is another familiar trait in FT battles.

I see what happened as kinda a round 3 thing...

I think Mashima just wants to probably move onto something different, as to not burn us (the readers) out on this battle.... no pun intended.

White Silver King
January 22, 2011, 07:35 PM
^Leaving off with Zancrow flying through the air because of a mega-ass-pull technique and going to another fight is a pretty bid indicator that he's finished.

It's not really an ass pull if Natsu has the ability to do it. Not knowing and not being able to do it, are different things.

Yes, it is. His "ability" (which I don't even understand) was total plotkai i.e. ass pull. He had never showed any indication that he was able to perform such a feat or trained to be able to do so. It just came out of his ass. Therefore, it's an ass pull.

kamakazi_1996
January 22, 2011, 07:42 PM
Not a bad chapter but not really good either, i wanted more of a fight from zancrow, he was a total bad-ass who could even damage makarov then he gets taken down in one move by his own flames which shouldn't damage him :-_-

So natsu cleared his own red flames to be able to eat zancrows black flames then was able to use a powerful technique dragon god's brilliant flame, this is slightly annoying... he was able to learn another move but he wont be able to use it again :darn Unless he is able to use God flames from now on which i doubt but it will be really cool if he could use black flames, i do HOPE that the black muffler and the black flames stay permanent so that this whole DGBF victory doesnt come out as an asspull

fairy sisters that means its referring to lissana and mirajane i wonder if they will win, i can imagine mirajane being as powerful as ever but im not sure about lissana :huh

obviously lissana will have an important role in this arc otherwise her revival would be completely worthless :p

ghostexiled
January 22, 2011, 07:46 PM
Alright... before we all start getting into another discussion/argument about whether or not something "sucked" or not.

Please remember to post something constructive and not something that states how you are going to stop reading FT or how the Mangaka just did ass-pulls.

Also please remember to not discuss other mangas in this thread/section.

There is a thread already dedicated to the subject of whether or not "FT is going downhill". (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62820)

onto the actual discussion...

Again... Natsu was sent flying thru the air as well and just because the Mangaka chose to not end the chapter there when it happened to Natsu showed it didn't mean anything.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/45512099/10

So same thing happens to Zancrow... but the chapter ends on it. Now everyone thinks the battle is over.

Nothing points to this being any kind of clear indication it is over, other than members jumping the gun and saying it is.

Ero-Sanji
January 22, 2011, 07:48 PM
We certainly witnessed a little Deus ex machina, but then again Zancrow was doomed the moment he stepped at the grounds of the dying Makarov. There's no way he'd let him finish the grand fairy, so I guess it was only natural.

MonsterEnvy
January 22, 2011, 07:49 PM
^Leaving off with Zancrow flying through the air because of a mega-ass-pull technique and going to another fight is a pretty bid indicator that he's finished.

Yes, it is. His "ability" (which I don't even understand) was total plotkai i.e. ass pull. He had never showed any indication that he was able to perform such a feat or trained to be able to do so. It just came out of his ass. Therefore, it's an ass pull.

what are you talking about Angel went flying through the air and got back up

1337 haxor
January 22, 2011, 07:49 PM
An excellent chapter, even though the outcome had that bit of power of nakama cliche it was done in such a way that makes it not only believable but also enjoyable.

Truth is, had Natsu suddenly awoken the beast and kicked the crap out of Zancrow it would have been nonsense, however, by showing that sheer emotion is not enough to overcome a superior power and demonstrating that a well tought change in approach can turn the tides, Mashima pulled out a very dramatic battle.

Even tough Natsu went out will all his might that simply couldn't make up for the sheer superiority of Zancrow's technique, for the first time in a fight Natsu had to calm down and use his brains rather than roaring out loud and blasting everything around him.

For one to become a S-Class mage it needs not only power but also a cunning mind, up until now Natsu had always win through overwealming his opponent with superior power but now he had to use an ability that was deeply conected with the way magic works.

Natsu has power but if he doesn't understand his power, or as Gildartz put it, if he doesn't fear his weakness then he cannot find a way to overcome it. He needs to dance with the magic he is using rather than being carried away by it's rhythm.

That put we can also point out the fact that Makarov is still alive and insanely powerful, even in his near-death state he could easily threaten Zancrow's life with his bare hands.

What Hades could do to him he can do against pretty much everyone else.

-Ken-
January 22, 2011, 07:55 PM
It's obvious that Zancrow can't eat dragon god flame, I think. I don't think he can eat his own flame, in the same fashion that Natsu and *cough* Lucy don't eat their own magic.

On the chapter, I like it, a lot. I wanted to see Natsu actually beating him and gain the status of beating him permenantly and not a temporary power up, through. So I hope Zancrow get up. It NEEDS to be shown that God went extinct because of the Dragons!

Zoro #1
January 22, 2011, 07:56 PM
Awesome chapter as always, natsu using his brain than brawl was interesting, though i still have a feeling that zancrow still has few tricks up his sleeve, and then there are other members also, plus from the looks of it the old man has still some fight left in him.

kkck
January 22, 2011, 07:58 PM
I don't quite understand what happened here though. How does natsu get to eat the god's flames if he nullifies his own magic? What does that even mean?

kamakazi_1996
January 22, 2011, 08:02 PM
I guess its obvious now who will become the next s-class mage, I hope they will show what happened to zancrow in the future chapters, i hope that he isnt completely defeated by the DGBF and will get back up and fight some more-he might be able to reveal something about grimoire heart or about his lost magic

Lectro Volpi
January 22, 2011, 08:03 PM

QFT.

I don't know exactly what happened but I hope that's it for Zancrow; the guy never showed any promise outside the big name of "God's flame" that really did not came off well.

Does "Fire God's Supper" counts as uber-you-can't-escape-mega-all-out-attack? if not, then Zancrow will probably be back for round 3.

We all know that the bad guys will be defeated, they just need to give a true struggle (look at King Bradley, Rob Lucci, Byakuya, Pain, Xanxus, Luxus and so many... legends!) to make it worth it.

Next chapter looks like Mira vs Azuma to me.

ghostexiled
January 22, 2011, 08:05 PM
I don't quite understand what happened here though. How does natsu get to eat the god's flames if he nullifies his own magic? What does that even mean?
I believe it means that he made himself an empty magic vessel by ridding himself of his own magic and thus allowing himself to obtain a temp storage of Zancrow's flame.

Like Makrov stated... it is a higher level of magic that he did not think Natsu could be able to pull off.

Rowel
January 22, 2011, 08:08 PM
kay, the battle was short. However, what if this one took 5 chapters? Then next time, he's against a stronger opponent. Then it'd have to last even longer - the opponent is stronger, and he can't take him down easily, and drag drag drag,
he wins, next opponent, even longer.. And you end up with a bleach-style 80chapters battle.

I like the way this happened. Natsu suddenly used a highly-dangerous, very advanced technique and it worked. In fact, he showed tremendous grasp of magic within the FT universe and used that to his advantage. Does this mean he 'won easily'? No. It just means that instead of 4-chapters in which he gets his ass handed to him, and tries (and fails) to win, he has progressed a lot as a mage and won in 2 chapters.

No, i don't think this was a bad chapter. In fact, this chapter contained a few very strong points. The way of fairy tail (as usual in a win) where he got inspired by the wish to save his friends (master). A big progression as a mage, taking a high risk with huge rewards. And a new technique - Dragon god's flame.

He had to progress a lot to win this battle and the next battles. And he is one of the few dragon slayers, an ancient destroying magic. And he's the slayer of the strongest type - since igneel rules the dragons, it stands to reason that natsu is the strongest slayer. And he has shown that not only he is the strongest - he's also the one that grasps his magic the most.

The battle'll probably get dragged out some longer in the anime. For epic battle, watch that. I think that this chapter and the lchapter before showed that his opponent was strong - i mean, he was liiterally wiping the floor with natsu, AND pwning his magic. That's strong, and you can't say it wasn't. I don't need 5-chapters to see that.

kkck
January 22, 2011, 08:29 PM
I believe it means that he made himself an empty magic vessel by ridding himself of his own magic and thus allowing himself to obtain a temp storage of Zancrow's flame.

Like Makrov stated... it is a higher level of magic that he did not think Natsu could be able to pull off.

Yeah but isn't that kinda weird? How would ridding himself of magic allow him to eat zancrow's flames? Doesn't he need magic to eat flames? Or how does being an empty vessel allow him to eat the flames the fire dragon slayer could not? I know what happened, I just can't make any sense of it. Would he be able to eat ethereon or iron without side effects if he becomes and empty vessel too? Heck, if that is the case then next time he fights luxus we are gonna see the fire thunder dragon's roar lol.
[hr]
Wonder if natsu has some form or repressed memories or something? I mean, he is certainly talented but hasn't he shown that for him magic is far too intuitive? Something similar happened when he fought the element 4 guy, he just learned out of the blue stuff. It'd be interesting if he forget a bunch of stuff from when he originally met zeref hence why he is able to pull this kinda stuff (it'd be nicer than the usual shonen rules lol).

ghostexiled
January 22, 2011, 08:34 PM
I believe you are not to far off mark.

I stated a while back that I thought Natsu already knew how to harness his true power... but somehow came to forget most of it until forced out thru battle(s).

Remember, in the world of FT... there are people that are born as being able to use magic where others are not.

So the fact that Natsu is a magic wielder... this gives him the ability to be a "Magic vessel" or sorts. So already being a magic vessel would allow him to take in another form of magic. However I doubt this would allow him to take on a magic force that is nothing similar to his own... I.E - Ice, wind, earth etc.,

I am pretty sure that this will play a bigger part later on in the story... but as of now this is how I see it.

I don't see it as anything of a big deal either... especially when there will time later for Makrov to explain in detail how what Natsu did, worked.

nanoclarkology
January 22, 2011, 08:51 PM
I really enjoyed this chapter. Natsu couldn't hurt Zancrow with his own flames. He had to come up with a different plan. His statement of you have to eat "a special way".

exacta
January 22, 2011, 08:58 PM
The explanation for how Natsu was able to eat Zancrows flames was just terrible. It was an asspull. It just........really doesn't make much sense at all. I know this is a fictional story, but its kind of nonsense. Thats why i hate when there are abilities that are supposed to be "unblockable" or "un-eatable" in this case. Especially in Mashimas stories, those words always prove worthless in the end. Reminds me of Rave when Giraffe could twist anything he touched, but couldn't twist Musicas weapon, because it represented the "bond between him and Reina".:-_-

The fight was pretty good except for that. Next chapter indicates a shift to a different fight, so it does sound like its over, but we'll see how it ends next chapter. Hopefully I'l find this fight more satisfying afterwards. Is it just me, or do all of Natsus attacks look pretty much the same???? Gets kinda boring watching him fight.......

White Silver King
January 22, 2011, 09:36 PM
what are you talking about Angel went flying through the air and got back up
...And then she fell back down after a crappy, weak, inaccurate attack. Not such a hot example. Plus, Mashima didn't go straight to another fight after he knocked Angel into the air; he did so in this chapter which is "what I was talking about".

Again... Natsu was sent flying thru the air as well and just because the Mangaka chose to not end the chapter there when it happened to Natsu showed it didn't mean anything.
Yes... but he's Natsu. He will always get back up because (1) he is the main character and (2) Mashima just can't let him lose a fight. And you may be right, Zancrow might get right back up and fight but past experience tells that, even if he does, he won't accomplish anything.

Would Mashima have let Natsu lose this fight (which is something all heroes need to experience to truly grow), actually train for once, and then come back and kick the shit out of Zancrow, I would be very pleased. But his infinite, senseless increases in Natsu's power are quite simply bad writing. He forwent an opportunity to actually let his characters grow emotionally, physically and mentally. I think there is no more appropriate word for it.

ghostexiled
January 22, 2011, 09:46 PM
well even if Zancrow is not going to be the one to knock Natsu down a peg or 2... you know that Hades will.

So the need to see Natsu lose is still as much a possibility as it ever was.

It may not even be Hades that takes him down... it could be Ur coming back to protect her master.

Hell it may even be the man himself... Zeref.

So lets all be cool and wait and see how things play out.

This is only the "real" first confrontation match between FT and GH... there is still much, much, much more that could happen to make things turn out one way or another.

White Silver King
January 22, 2011, 09:54 PM
well even if Zancrow is not going to be the one to knock Natsu down a peg or 2... you know that Hades will.
I'm starting to doubt that. We have been given no indication that Natsu won't stop "leveling up" every time someone says "NAKAMA!" to the point of unbeatableness. He defeated the Aces of an assassin guild and the second most powerful "light" with it, he defeated the 3rd most powerful person in his guild with it, he beat the Master of Balam Alliance guild with it, even a member of the 10 Wizard Saints. I see no reason why Mashima won't make it so Natsu can defeat Hades too.

So lets all be cool
Says the guy with the flaming skull avatar ;P

ghostexiled
January 22, 2011, 10:02 PM
even more reason that he would/could lose...

Also I stated that even "if" Hades wasn't the one to unboot Natsu... there are still others on the island with the ability and chance to do so.

I agree with you %100 that Natsu/FT need to lose this battle and like I stated, it is still fairly early in this face off... meaning there is still time for such a thing to happen.

Also as stated before, no major bad guy is out of the game until he gets serious or desperate.

It could very well play out that Zancrow will be "believed" to be beaten only to show back up later when Natsu least expects it... say when Natsu meets up with Hades (thus allowing the conversation of "Hades being dealt with by Natsu" to have more meaning) and blow Natsu away with said serious move.

When this arc is said and done and Natsu wins the whole battle... then you can tell me "told ya so!" :p

Finale
January 22, 2011, 10:25 PM
Everyone keeps saying that the next chapter is going to focus on Mira and Lisana's fight which is more than likely. But I was just thinking, we know that Evergreen refers to herself as the Fairy of Fairytail, what if Elfman changes into an elf or fairy form and RustyRose calls them the fairy sisters? Hey Elfman asked if this guy was a fruit and also what could be more hilarious than the manly man Elfman assuming such a form? Of course that form would have to have some ability that he and Ever need to win. I know its unlikely but just a thought.

White Silver King
January 22, 2011, 10:42 PM
^I think that's almost as awesome as seeing Mirajane fight! That would be hilarious!

R3D
January 22, 2011, 11:31 PM
Disappointed at how zancrow got defeated , but just a mere giant fireball , i mean other than makarov holding him , that was natsu's first effective blow on zancrow and he got beat lol .

MonsterEnvy
January 23, 2011, 12:16 AM
I'm starting to doubt that. We have been given no indication that Natsu won't stop "leveling up" every time someone says "NAKAMA!" to the point of unbeatableness. He defeated the Aces of an assassin guild and the second most powerful "light" with it, he defeated the 3rd most powerful person in his guild with it, he beat the Master of Balam Alliance guild with it, even a member of the 10 Wizard Saints. I see no reason why Mashima won't make it so Natsu can defeat Hades too.

Says the guy with the flaming skull avatar ;P
he pretty much always wins during the climax but he almost always has help

infact all the fights he need help to win that i can remember

Laxus Gajeel helped him
Jellal Erza helped him a bit during the fight and he ate that stone or whatever in order to get the win
Cobra he would not have even lasted a second if Happy had not been there (plus he never even really won that fight)
Zero Jellal helped him
Zancrow Marakov helped him
Faust Wendy and Gajeel helped him

he does not really power up infact he is probbley not too much stronger then he was at the start

plus it was said he gets stronger when he gets mad

...And then she fell back down after a crappy, weak, inaccurate attack. Not such a hot example. Plus, Mashima didn't go straight to another fight after he knocked Angel into the air; he did so in this chapter which is "what I was talking about".

Yes... but he's Natsu. He will always get back up because (1) he is the main character and (2) Mashima just can't let him lose a fight. And you may be right, Zancrow might get right back up and fight but past experience tells that, even if he does, he won't accomplish anything.

Would Mashima have let Natsu lose this fight (which is something all heroes need to experience to truly grow), actually train for once, and then come back and kick the shit out of Zancrow, I would be very pleased. But his infinite, senseless increases in Natsu's power are quite simply bad writing. He forwent an opportunity to actually let his characters grow emotionally, physically and mentally. I think there is no more appropriate word for it.
Angel's spirit rebeled against her which is why it missed and no he has not gone to another fight he just gave the title of the next chapter it has not happend yet
so i still think that Zancrow will get up

Natsu has lost quite a few times Laxus made a hobby out of one shoting him

owl man beat him silly

Zero one shoted him as well Cobra had him beat too (but he was saved by Cobra's idiot boss)

anway i fully think that Zancrow will get up
[hr]

Disappointed at how zancrow got defeated , but just a mere giant fireball , i mean other than makarov holding him , that was natsu's first effective blow on zancrow and he got beat lol .

still think Zancrow will get up I think he can take more then that

bittman
January 23, 2011, 01:03 AM
Natsu proves that Fairy Tail can't lose, and in doing so proves that every arc is predictable beyond repair.

In the next chapter, Lisanna and Mira almost lose, and then Mira gets enraged about almost losing family / sister and wins.

In chapter after. Erza almost loses, and then gets enraged and wins.

Etcetera. Hopefully Zancrow stands up, I want a draw out of this at least Mashima.

Arc predictions: Fairy Tail wins. Natsu beats final boss. Lucy gets golden key. Gray loses to a bit of a nobody. Erza shows off by beating whoever appears to be the 2nd strongest. Other characters cry.

Mashima's copy-paste attitude is really getting to me lately. Ever since Oracian Seis I've been annoyed.

MonsterEnvy
January 23, 2011, 01:05 AM
Natsu proves that Fairy Tail can't lose, and in doing so proves that every arc is predictable beyond repair.

In the next chapter, Lisanna and Mira almost lose, and then Mira gets enraged about almost losing family / sister and wins.

In chapter after. Erza almost loses, and then gets enraged and wins.

Etcetera. Hopefully Zancrow stands up, I want a draw out of this at least Mashima.

Arc predictions: Fairy Tail wins. Natsu beats final boss. Lucy gets golden key. Gray loses to a bit of a nobody. Erza shows off by beating whoever appears to be the 2nd strongest. Other characters cry.

Mashima's copy-paste attitude is really getting to me lately. Ever since Oracian Seis I've been annoyed.

wait for arc to end before judgement and I don't get what was so bad about Oracian Seis

I still think that Zancrow will get up and Fairy tail will lose

nanoclarkology
January 23, 2011, 01:37 AM
First I want to say that Natsu's leveling up in my opinion is not out of line. Everyone get's better with "working" experience. I worked at my job for 4 years and even though some people referred to me as a prodigy I was still an expert. Now Natsu in my opinion is a prodigy when it comes to DS magic. He has been working for years at being a DS. Now that he is getting working experience in the field there is no reason as to why he wouldn't get better and better. In this case stronger and stronger. He doesn't need a bloody training arc to get stronger and better. All training is, is a teaching tool. With that said I really liked his development in this chapter.

Second Natsu's flames didn't hurt Zancrow even when he got really pumped and pissed. When Zancrow ate Natusu's flames Zancrow did not appear to get a power up and yet we know that Natsu does get a power up when he eats flames. The only viable solution that Natsu came up with was that he "had to eat Zancrows flames" <-- my thoughts and yet he couldn't until pages 15 and 16.

Third on page fifteen Natsu is using his magic/flames to combat and fight against Zancrows. What happens he is still being overwhelmed? The next three panels we see Zancrows flames close in on Natsu. ( This is where it loses me a little. ) Did Natsu's muffler protect him from being burned to a crisp by Zancrows flames? With his magic extinguished he had nothing protecting him from being burned/crisped/fried or whatever you want to call it.

Fourth the rest of page 16 we see Natsu eat the "God" flames. ( What is Makarov saying? By nullifying all his magic power he was then able to create a vessel to eat those flames. ) Is that the same as throwing up all your food and then filling it with something else like candy/pizza/transmission fluid? Or did Makarov say that Natsu released his use of his DS magic and because of that he was able to eat flames that weren't meant to be eaten? I am confused and I think it might be the translation. Are there different versions of the translation?

Fifth what confuses me more is what Makarov says after Natsu makes his special comment. "A special Way" <-referring to Natsu's comment. "That isn't the kind of level this strategy is at" Huh?? :headscratch Then he says, "nullifying your own magic within the enemy's magic is..." I felt that Zancrow finished Makarov's thoughts. "You idiot are you trying to kill yourself."

The way I theorize it is that Natsu was protected by his muffler from Zancrows flames. He made, nullified or in my theory relinquished his control of his DS magic. By doing that he created a vacuum or void within himself. This made Natsu a "vessel" to eating/inviting "any"<--my thoughts again, magic into his body. In this case he ate Zancrows magical flames. Filling his void/well as it were. Then when he grabbed control of his own DS magic he was able to mix the two, kind of like Nitro and air to force a car down the road really fast.

Anyway I know it may seem like I was complaining but I really enjoyed the chapter today.

R3D
January 23, 2011, 02:55 AM
I think natsu just switched off his DS powers , by doing so he might not have been as resistant to flames and by doing that zancrow thought that he was trying to kill himself but instead he was just making 'space' to swallow a new flame/power.

"That isn't the kind of level this strategy is at" I dont get this sentence either , doest it even make sense? lol

Kurohitsugi
January 23, 2011, 03:34 AM
It could very well play out that Zancrow will be "believed" to be beaten only to show back up later when Natsu least expects it...

There's a good possibility of this happening.
I still can't believe that FT is going to win there. And I don't count the possibility of the other Kins winning their respective battles cause there's no point to exist if one of their comrades is out of the count (maybe they will be renamed to "4-5 Kins of the Purgatory" for the next arc :-_-). They will either win or lose together.

So, assuming Zancrow is blast away from our view but Hiro keeps his status secret, (meaning we'll not see him lying unconscious in the ground or in a tree) then if we have a scene change to Mirajane & Lisana vs Azuma I think that Hiro will probably have the whole GH squad apparently been defeated only to have a comeback altogether demonstrating the Dark Guild's power in a flashy way. Or this is just a hopeful thinking. :eyeroll

I still can't believe that Natsu won this battle, especially after Guildarts lesson about feeling fear and retreating. But as it have been told let's wait and see how this arc is going to turn out.

benelori
January 23, 2011, 03:36 AM
I really like how Natsu didn't use guts, or just simply sone powerful willpower to win here...he used his head as well...and Makarov's interference was great, it made the battle more interesting

Sollum
January 23, 2011, 03:46 AM
"That isn't the kind of level this strategy is at" I dont get this sentence either , doest it even make sense? lol

I think that Makarov meant that his "strategy" was not just "special way", but more like "GODLIKE" way.

Nice compliment from Makarovs side!

swordsaintscoot
January 23, 2011, 04:10 AM
I think that Makarov meant that his "strategy" was not just "special way", but more like "GODLIKE" way.

Nice compliment from Makarovs side!

theres two interpretations

omg thats an s-class strategy or

omg thats a s(uicide)-class strategy

either way i enjoyed it. If natsu ate zancrows flames it would have overwhelmed his own magic. but by flushing some of the dragon slayer magic from his body he basically 'made room' for fire god magic to exist within him.

Lord.Strife
January 23, 2011, 05:18 AM
I think that zancrow is done for this arc since i think that by the time he makes it back to fight some more GH would have achieve their goal of trashing fairy tail and recovering zeref. I guess there is going to be reinforcements for fairy tail and the GH vs FT will be postponed till another arc.

ca12nag3
January 23, 2011, 06:31 AM
Think of it this way Zancrow was the best oponent Natsu could have. His ability to eat flames gives him the edge with all flame users.
It will be so different when facing another element since he gets nothing to consume.

So for Fairy Tail to win this, seriously no.

R3D
January 23, 2011, 07:18 AM
Even if zancrow hasnt lost yet , natsu could just eat his flames again and use fireball no jutsu again .

Sollum
January 23, 2011, 07:50 AM
Think of it this way Zancrow was the best oponent Natsu could have. His ability to eat flames gives him the edge with all flame users.
It will be so different when facing another element since he gets nothing to consume.

So for Fairy Tail to win this, seriously no.

But lets not forget about other powerful mages!

There's:
Erza
Juvia
Mirajane

That's about it... oh and don't forget about Happy! But i bet that we will see return of Gajeel and Wendy!

biron
January 23, 2011, 08:23 AM
lolz what an unexpected move
noone saw that coming
not after 3 arcs with exact same situation
mashima is a true genius following one script for natsus battles in almost every arc and only changing enemies
even the drawing of this battle resembles vs zero battle so much
at times like this i think mashima is just fond of toriko and wants natsu to taste all delicious flames in the world

kamakazi_1996
January 23, 2011, 09:33 AM
I think natsu just switched off his DS powers , by doing so he might not have been as resistant to flames and by doing that zancrow thought that he was trying to kill himself but instead he was just making 'space' to swallow a new flame/power.

i think "that isn't the kind of level this strategy is at" meaning he just used an s-class move or he just did a very idiotic move and could have got himself killed
[hr]

But lets not forget about other powerful mages!

There's:
Erza
Juvia
Mirajane

That's about it... oh and don't forget about Happy! But i bet that we will see return of Gajeel and Wendy!

Your forgetting laxus, gildartz and possibly zeref

Even though gray is supposed to be on the same level as natsu you never counted him in but you might of done it on purpose :D

Gats
January 23, 2011, 09:41 AM
Yeah but isn't that kinda weird? How would ridding himself of magic allow him to eat zancrow's flames? Doesn't he need magic to eat flames? Or how does being an empty vessel allow him to eat the flames the fire dragon slayer could not? I know what happened, I just can't make any sense of it. Would he be able to eat ethereon or iron without side effects if he becomes and empty vessel too? Heck, if that is the case then next time he fights luxus we are gonna see the fire thunder dragon's roar lol.
<hr noshade size="1">
Wonder if natsu has some form or repressed memories or something? I mean, he is certainly talented but hasn't he shown that for him magic is far too intuitive? Something similar happened when he fought the element 4 guy, he just learned out of the blue stuff. It'd be interesting if he forget a bunch of stuff from when he originally met zeref hence why he is able to pull this kinda stuff (it'd be nicer than the usual shonen rules lol).

Maybe being a fire dragonslayer (same with dragon) just makes it possible, a mere human who mastered the same power as Natsu (let's suppose it's possible) wouldn't be able to withstand this because he is a real human. So this is not about magic, but more about race I think, since we strongly suspect that Natsu is not really human (at all ?).

kkck
January 23, 2011, 10:01 AM
Maybe being a fire dragonslayer (same with dragon) just makes it possible, a mere human who mastered the same power as Natsu (let's suppose it's possible) wouldn't be able to withstand this because he is a real human. So this is not about magic, but more about race I think, since we strongly suspect that Natsu is not really human (at all ?).

I don't think we have reason to believe natsu is not actually human. I mean, his magic does make him take the constitution of a dragon but I don't think that alone makes him altogether stop being a human or makes him altogether a dragon.
[hr]

Even if zancrow hasnt lost yet , natsu could just eat his flames again and use fireball no jutsu again .

But zancrow could do the same though. Natsu fused the dragon and god's flames to create and even greater flame which allowed him to hurt zancrow however I don't think this will be a permanent boost. If natsu was able to eat a greater flame and fuse it with his own then zancrow should be able to eat a lesser flame and fuse it with his own to reach the same effect. What we would get is a tie of sorts.....

kakashidad
January 23, 2011, 10:45 AM

Hmm it could be that we may be taking a too literal intrepretation of ''fairy sisters''?I mean granted that mirajane and lisanna are real sisters.But as makarov just stated in this very issue.He's natsu parent..
And you'd have to assume that that's the case for all of the f/t mages?
The bonds are that tight.

However i have no problem seeing those two go at azuma in the slightest.I just feel that,azuma powers/abilities have been seen already.
We need to see those that have not shown anything yet imo.

So i'm routing for ezra and lluvia(w/e)lol going at it with meldy...We may even see a combination of all the fairy tail females in the next issue?
I get by cuecards from the last issue cover lol.I don't know what to make
of this cover mind.

Oberon
January 23, 2011, 11:05 AM
Ridiculous..

The Natsu style of fighting is embarrassing and this challenge with Zancrow was the prove. The only way for FT to win this war is power-up all the mates on the holy island :-_-

Unfortunately, the clash between Zancrow is ended because on the preview for the chapter 220 the title is "Fairy Sisters", clearly a tribute to Mirajane and Lisanna.

matzik1212
January 23, 2011, 01:35 PM
Ridiculous..

The Natsu style of fighting is embarrassing and this challenge with Zancrow was the prove. The only way for FT to win this war is power-up all the mates on the holy island :-_-

Unfortunately, the clash between Zancrow is ended because on the preview for the chapter 220 the title is "Fairy Sisters", clearly a tribute to Mirajane and Lisanna.

i don't really get you....so in your opinion what ..natsu should have just died or something for you to be pleased??? and calling that fighting style embarrassing :blink yep definitely i don't get you :eyeroll:amuse
i really liked the way natsu fought zancrow he has indeed growed a lot + we all know that natsu's flames are greatly influenced by his feelings of anger and that's what zancrow has been doing in this chapter...i think that the trigger was when he wanted to kill makarov that's what actually angered natsu the most so i'm not actually surprised he found a way to eat those godly flames ^_^ and btw the attack was awesome

Gats
January 23, 2011, 03:09 PM
I don't think we have reason to believe natsu is not actually human. I mean, his magic does make him take the constitution of a dragon but I don't think that alone makes him altogether stop being a human or makes him altogether a dragon.

Natsu having probably more than 80 years old ? Natsu being raised by a dragon for mysterious reasons ? Gildartz's hint about Natsu (vs the black dragon) ? Of course in the end he can be still just human, but there are many hints that make the possibility of being half human or non human higher and higher.

Kazu-Sama
January 23, 2011, 03:41 PM
The way I took his ability to win was that without dragon fire inside of him he had room to eat the god's fire. Similar to putting down something heavy in order to carry something heavier that you otherwise couldn't carry. He still used his dragon abilities, but without the dragonfire filling him, suppressed, he had room in his body

kkck
January 23, 2011, 04:50 PM
Natsu having probably more than 80 years old ? Natsu being raised by a dragon for mysterious reasons ? Gildartz's hint about Natsu (vs the black dragon) ? Of course in the end he can be still just human, but there are many hints that make the possibility of being half human or non human higher and higher.

Neither being over 80 or being raised by a dragon points to natsu not being human. For all we know he was frozen all those years. As for gildart's hint, it is a reference to natsu being a dragon slayer and wielding the actual power of a dragon. That does not mean natsu is not human. I don't think natsu has been hinted to not be an actual human(save from having DS magic).....

kakashidad
January 23, 2011, 05:10 PM
I went the other way.And thought it meant that he used his dragon flames to temper the heat of the god flames..and that's why he could eat them?

Either way he got the job.I wonder how long he'll be feasting on those new flames
lol.

Oberon
January 23, 2011, 07:22 PM
i don't really get you....so in your opinion what ..natsu should have just died or something for you to be pleased??? and calling that fighting style embarrassing :blink yep definitely i don't get you :eyeroll:amuse
i really liked the way natsu fought zancrow he has indeed growed a lot + we all know that natsu's flames are greatly influenced by his feelings of anger and that's what zancrow has been doing in this chapter...i think that the trigger was when he wanted to kill makarov that's what actually angered natsu the most so i'm not actually surprised he found a way to eat those godly flames ^_^ and btw the attack was awesome

Of course everything I say was IMHO..

For me Fairy Tail after the Luxus arc has become rubbish. Oracion Seis and Edoras are sagas without rhyme or reason. Unlike this one was started very well and with an interesting climax, but with the appearance of Grimiore Hearts all falls into the darkness.
GH is on another level respect FT, it's too strong for them. Yet with the using of power up Mashima can solve those problems.

Returning to Natsu and his fighting style, Natsu wins every single clash versus an higher enemies with a strange increase of power that doesn't dipende on his ability. If for you all this is logical and attractive all right, but for me this form of narraction is becoming boring.

elitefox
January 23, 2011, 07:50 PM
I don't think it is cool but it is someone logical

I eat meat of pigs and cows... but an elephant meat might be harder so I need to cook it more to eat it.

well this isn't really a power up permanent, but we just saw something that can be done by natsu even more... to eat any flame he wants. since he accepted the flames and not struggle with it.

Like I said earlier, hades forgot to tell zancrow that dragons eat gods for breakfast :D

Special thanks to makarov too.

@Oberon

yeah I agree, I hope that it is not the end of zancrow since it is his flames with a bit of natsus after all so he mustn't be affected by it too much. but it goes for natsu as well... zancrow cannot hurt him anymore but will make him more powerful if he feeds natsu again.

I am ok with it since flame eating dragon cannot eat fire sounds awfully ridiculous but in a matter of minutes, he already adapted is more ridiculous to me I guess. The question that will be bothering my mind now is

Is FT appropriate to win this battle and match up to a level they haven't been able to?

kkck
January 23, 2011, 08:35 PM
If I recall, hades talked about the essense and origin of magic and whatnot. I was wondering whether what he talked about has anything to do with the lack of inner magic in edoras. Perhaps during zeref's time something happened which gave magic to everyone in earthland and perhaps it even had something to do with what little magic edoras actually had.

Sevenheadedmirror
January 24, 2011, 12:01 AM
I seriously hope Natsu hasn't won. I mean we get finally a villian who is able to hit Makarov (granted he is, hopefully, about to die) and beat Natsu to a pulp without any effort. He is defeated just as easy as everyone?, no, I hope he gets up, and his scars will make him look at Natsu more seriously for a future fight.

Oberon
January 24, 2011, 05:32 AM
Is FT appropriate to win this battle and match up to a level they haven't been able to?

For what we've seen so far into the manga, FT has no chance to win this battle, the gap between the two guilds it's too wide. The enemies it's too strong for the members that are still on the Holy Island.

Just an example.. Who can defeat Azuma?
Seriously Mirajane and Lisanna have no chance to victory against this monster.

Yashie
January 24, 2011, 06:32 AM
theres two interpretations

omg thats an s-class strategy or

omg thats a s(uicide)-class strategy

either way i enjoyed it. If natsu ate zancrows flames it would have overwhelmed his own magic. but by flushing some of the dragon slayer magic from his body he basically 'made room' for fire god magic to exist within him.

For clarification : The two flames are basically compatible, but Natsu's body, normally, is not .... sufficient to contain both at once. No?

ghostexiled
January 24, 2011, 06:52 AM
Please remember when posting... not to just post one liners.

It is against the forum rules and will be deleted.

Thanks!

R3D
January 24, 2011, 08:02 AM
Maybe thier flames are not just any old flames but special flames like natsu is natural flame and zancrow is artificial fire?

1337 haxor
January 24, 2011, 08:13 AM
Captain beat espadas by using two hands, throwing flying icebergs and riping their own organs while replacing them with plastic ones while Ichigo beat the crap out of Aizen in three chapters after the mystical time-chamber training.

How the hell can people complain about Natsu beating his psycho clone when he had the aid of Makarov on top of Gildartz emotional improvement session?

People don't know the difference between asspulls and explained sudden power surges.

Asspull is when you basically had a technique no one has ever heard of and you use it to turn the tides and win, sudden explained power ups is when you create a new type of attack out of necessity but it has an explanation.

Now to serious business...

Mashima hates training arcs, this is not how his writing goes, his characters do train a lot but they do so off-screen whereas the author is not a bit interested in giving it panel time.

Zancrow was fodder from the start, we just went all big on each GH member because two lackeys took Gazille by surprise and gave him a hard time.

Hades himself admited that FT is a powerful guild and should not be taken lightly, he never said it was going to be a walk in the park to begin with.

Also it wasn't the sort of unexplainable surge in power such as a captain getting beaten by an unreleased opponent then out of nowhere beating his released state with ease, it was a harsh struggle which required a dreadfully risky change in strategy to work.

Zancrow showed that even in their greatest emotionaly pumped state FT members can still be beaten back and if wasn't for Makarov's intervention Zancrow would have surely killed Natsu before he could even start to eat his flames.

For those who didn't noticed, Makarov threw Zancrow into the air right before Natsu blasted him with the super attack. If wasn't for that it could have been that Zancrow dodged the attack altogether and it would go to waste.

The fight was well choreographied, was well balanced and prompted the protagonist to learn a new technique that can be very useful.

If Natsu became Kirby so what? Just deal with it.

-Ken-
January 24, 2011, 12:01 PM
For what we've seen so far into the manga, FT has no chance to win this battle, the gap between the two guilds it's too wide. The enemies it's too strong for the members that are still on the Holy Island.

Just an example.. Who can defeat Azuma?
Seriously Mirajane and Lisanna have no chance to victory against this monster.

Lisanna don't stand a chance. But I disagree with Mira Jane. Seriously, Fairy Tail S-class never had good difficulty against much people before. If anyone on the same level with 7 kin without Natsu-nakama haxed, it'll be S-class.

swordsaintscoot
January 24, 2011, 01:21 PM
except for the fact someone as powerful as hades said that none of makarovs brats will defeat the seven kin.

it seems so stupid to ahve said that now consdering....

exacta
January 24, 2011, 01:39 PM
Captain beat espadas by using two hands, throwing flying icebergs and riping their own organs while replacing them with plastic ones while Ichigo beat the crap out of Aizen in three chapters after the mystical time-chamber training.

How the hell can people complain about Natsu beating his psycho clone when he had the aid of Makarov on top of Gildartz emotional improvement session?

People don't know the difference between asspulls and explained sudden power surges.

Asspull is when you basically had a technique no one has ever heard of and you use it to turn the tides and win, sudden explained power ups is when you create a new type of attack out of necessity but it has an explanation.

Now to serious business...

Mashima hates training arcs, this is not how his writing goes, his characters do train a lot but they do so off-screen whereas the author is not a bit interested in giving it panel time.

Zancrow was fodder from the start, we just went all big on each GH member because two lackeys took Gazille by surprise and gave him a hard time.

Hades himself admited that FT is a powerful guild and should not be taken lightly, he never said it was going to be a walk in the park to begin with.

Also it wasn't the sort of unexplainable surge in power such as a captain getting beaten by an unreleased opponent then out of nowhere beating his released state with ease, it was a harsh struggle which required a dreadfully risky change in strategy to work.

Zancrow showed that even in their greatest emotionaly pumped state FT members can still be beaten back and if wasn't for Makarov's intervention Zancrow would have surely killed Natsu before he could even start to eat his flames.

For those who didn't noticed, Makarov threw Zancrow into the air right before Natsu blasted him with the super attack. If wasn't for that it could have been that Zancrow dodged the attack altogether and it would go to waste.

The fight was well choreographied, was well balanced and prompted the protagonist to learn a new technique that can be very useful.

If Natsu became Kirby so what? Just deal with it.

Ichigo learned a technique that could defeat Aizen with the cost of losing his powers in 2 months time offscreen for the most part. The captains were either holding back, afraid of using an ability because they can't completely control it, or made preparations for the fight based on information they acquired beforehand. I'll take any and alll of those scenarios over Natsu's nakama orgasm's(and that one time he beat Cobra by roaring) any day.

Yes, sometimes characters use techniques we haven't seen them use before, but hell no that is not an asspull. Characters don't use all of their attacks and abilities in the first fight we see them in. It'd be boring storywriting for the future, and its not neccessary. Don't go into Bleach fights either, its get to complicated, so many fights become situational in Bleach, plus this thread has nothing to do with Bleach. And by your logic, the technique Gazille used to defeat Yomazu and Kawazu as well as several attacks that Natsu used to defeat the final villain of an arc would be an 'asspull", because we never saw them in their early fights.

I don't remember Mashima ever once saying his characters trained during any arc, but maybe I missed that.

Defeating people with "emotions" IS a type of asspull. Natsu is getting his ass handed to him, and suddenly screams about nakama or Makarov screams about family and he pulls a win out of his ass. These nakama powerups are annoying. It's done in lots of shounen, its BS. And Mashima did it in practically every fight in Rave, which killed that manga for me. Mashima overuses it. It's lame and its boring, and it sometimes ruins good fights.

I guess this fight wasn't really an asspull though since Natsu found a way to eat Zancrows flames, whats disappointing is really

1) the logic used to explain how Natsu accomplished this is just plain stupid. almost enough to make me lol. it made no sense.
2) Natsu won......AGAIN. Natsu needs to get his ass beat, its neccessary for his growth as a character. It's so boring to watch the main character fight when he always wins. It's also really annoying that alotof Natsu's attacks look exactly the same in the manga. There all just giant fire explosions. Watching Gray, Gazille and Erza fight for example is much more interesting.

And Hades totally hyped up the Seven Kin and made it sound like this WOULD be easy. He outright stated Makarov's "brats" stood no chance because all seven were trained by him and know lost magic. Yomazu also made it a point to tell Erza how screwed they were.

Sollum
January 24, 2011, 02:28 PM
1) the logic used to explain how Natsu accomplished this is just plain stupid....
2) Natsu won......AGAIN. Natsu needs to get his ass beat...

1) Well it was actually meaningful and explained properly. He turned his own magic flow off in order to stop making 'his flames', whilst standing in black flame, what made him uber fragile, and at same time he started devouring Black Flame, which filled his fire "buffer".

Heck, it was damn suicidal, its like firefighter striping in middle of burning house, just so he could win.

And to be honest, i like it when things are explained and not just "OKAY GUYZ, NOW AMA FIRING MY LAZORS THAT WILL MAKE THEM GO BOOM!" and no explanation why they will go boom or how he will fire his LAZORS.

2) Well we have Hades for that, and like the rest of the kin >.>

I wouldn't give up just yet, we might see some proper ass beating.

White Silver King
January 24, 2011, 03:24 PM
^But they won't be beating the ass of the person who needs it.... NATSU! AT this rate Natsu will even be able to own Hades.

Sollum
January 24, 2011, 03:48 PM
^But they won't be beating the ass of the person who needs it.... NATSU! AT this rate Natsu will even be able to own Hades.

I don't think we should compare Zani to Hades. Zani is a simple fire mage with ego issues, whilst Hades is different story.

Thing is that Hades just spams his Amaterasu seals, i doubt Natsu will be able to "special eat" that, Hades will just be like "Okay, bon apetite, Amaterasu Formula 100! You still Alive? Amaterasu Formula 100! Oh, you are trying to turn off your magic flow... Amaterasu Formula 100! Still kicking i see? Amaterasu Formula 100! ALIVE? Amaterasu Formula Milenium!"

Biggest problem of most mages, including Natsus, is "casting time", Hades has it at 0. I swear the guy is using demon mouths on his palms >.>

I think such turn of events would lead to Natsu's growth:
He will charge Hades. Hades will avenge Zani. Makarov will try to avenge Natsu. He will die. Natsu will get major emotional trauma and his ass kicked.

Everyone will be happy!

MonsterEnvy
January 24, 2011, 05:16 PM

Natsu loses the Owl guy beat him

we don't know if Zancrow is done yet I still think he will get up

the only way Natsu is beating Hades is if the entire Fairy tail guild is helping him

Oberon
January 24, 2011, 07:35 PM
Lisanna don't stand a chance. But I disagree with Mira Jane. Seriously, Fairy Tail S-class never had good difficulty against much people before. If anyone on the same level with 7 kin without Natsu-nakama haxed, it'll be S-class.

I agree, Mirajane is an awkward opponent but Azuma it's too strong for her and the other FT's members.. The only one that I think can beat him is Gildartz or a possible Luxus, fingers crossed on his return :)

I'm very happy to see that I'm not the only one who can't stand more the fighting of Natsu.. So boring!

kkck
January 24, 2011, 08:06 PM
^Then why do you read the manga lol? It's like reading bleach without liking ichigo's fights, one piece without liking luffy's fights and naruto while hating naruto's fights. I think mirajane could be a good opponent for azuma. I mean, had it not been for evergreen's trick she would have schooled her and elfman. She is also supposed to be of about erza's level and she schooled jubia and lissana... It's not like when asuma fought he had exceptional enemies. He fought lily who is a swordsman without a sword and can't even maintain his real form for long, wendy who is not the best of fighter and mest who did nothing. It is certainly a feat he could destroy the battleship from such a distance with such ease but I don't think someone of mira's caliber would be an easy opponent at all. Not to mention mira, like elfman and lisana, should have many transformations besides satan soul.
[hr]
More importantly, I think we should have a pretty rough idea of what will happen in this fight... Lisana gets involved and gets her ass handed to her. Once her ass is handed to her mira realizes how much danger lisana is in and goes legitimately ballistic at the prospect of losing her little sister again.

I have been wondering something though. I wonder if there is a traitor in FT. How come azuma got to fairy island so much earlier than everyone else? Perhaps he was actually allowed in by someone?

ghostexiled
January 24, 2011, 08:19 PM
^I had mentioned it before... since he has the ability to merge with things, he could of hitched a ride on the FT cruise.

I seriously doubt that there would be a traitor in the FT group.

exacta
January 25, 2011, 02:03 AM
1) Well it was actually meaningful and explained properly. He turned his own magic flow off in order to stop making 'his flames', whilst standing in black flame, what made him uber fragile, and at same time he started devouring Black Flame, which filled his fire "buffer".

Heck, it was damn suicidal, its like firefighter striping in middle of burning house, just so he could win.

And to be honest, i like it when things are explained and not just "OKAY GUYZ, NOW AMA FIRING MY LAZORS THAT WILL MAKE THEM GO BOOM!" and no explanation why they will go boom or how he will fire his LAZORS.

2) Well we have Hades for that, and like the rest of the kin >.>

I wouldn't give up just yet, we might see some proper ass beating.

The explanation Mashima gave just sounds like nonsense to me, though I do think the way you explained is clearer than the one Makarov gave.Why should "nullifying" his own magic allow him to eat the black flames?? And how can Natsu just nullify his own magic completely at will???

And since when was Natsu able to do that?? Makarov noted that what Natsu did was an extremely advanced technique. It sounded that it should've been beyond the capabilities of someone at his level. He just randomly figured it out. Now that I think of it, when I put it like that, it kind of is an asspull....

Ehh if someone was gonna beat up Natsu Zancrow would've been the most fitting. Feels a bit too soon for a beating from Hades. If Zancrow really did lose, just watch. Next chapter the rest of the seven kin will probably be like "meh, he was the weakest of the seven kin anyway" or something.
[hr]
[QUOTE=kkck;2263765]^Then why do you read the manga lol? <hr noshade size="1">
QUOTE]

Well the first few times I saw Natsu fight it wasn't boring. But his fights got repetitive fast, just like Mashimas previous manga Rave with the nakama powerups as I mentioned before.

But by the time I got tired of watching Natsu fight, the plot, environment, and several other characters in Fairy Tail had already caught my interest. Plus I enjoy watching Natsu fight if its against a good villain like Gazille or Luxus, and if theres no BS of course. And theres lots of interesting abilities in this manga anyway. I don't think you need to like the main character that much to enjoy a manga.

elitefox
January 25, 2011, 02:06 AM
The explanation Mashima gave just sounds like nonsense to me, though I do think the way you explained is clearer than the one Makarov gave.Why should "nullifying" his own magic allow him to eat the black flames?? And how can Natsu just nullify his own magic completely at will???

And since when was Natsu able to do that?? Makarov noted that what Natsu did was an extremely advanced technique. It sounded that it should've been beyond the capabilities of someone at his level. He just randomly figured it out. Now that I think of it, when I put it like that, it kind of is an asspull....

Ehh if someone was gonna beat up Natsu Zancrow would've been the most fitting. Feels a bit too soon for a beating from Hades. If Zancrow really did lose, just watch. Next chapter the rest of the seven kin will probably be like "meh, he was the weakest of the seven kin anyway" or something.

Well if you are watching reborn then I think that is the zero breakpoint technique custom.

Can anybody even consider natsu vs owl guy more than for comedy purpose?
though it would be funny if dragneel also has motion sickness :D

-Ken-
January 25, 2011, 03:42 AM
Weakest of the 7 kin? That's possible. Caprico handle 4 of Fairy at once anyhow. But that sounds sick... I mean... Come on, a GODslayer is the weakest of the 7 kin?

Sollum
January 25, 2011, 05:47 AM

Well, because those flames are different, and he simply can't store them both. One cant have two Yin's or Yang's. So Natsu just cut off his Yin and attached another Yin instead of old one. I'd refer to it as "changed affinities from red flames to black flames".

Well, since he said "Flames that need to be eaten special way", i have a strong guess that it was Igneel who thought him that. Yup, i think that's the only way.

Ero-Sanji
January 25, 2011, 08:48 AM
More importantly, I think we should have a pretty rough idea of what will happen in this fight... Lisana gets involved and gets her ass handed to her. Once her ass is handed to her mira realizes how much danger lisana is in and goes legitimately ballistic at the prospect of losing her little sister again.

Oh please, I hope it doesn't turn out this way, not at all. It will be just the same as with Zancrow. Personally I think a loss is good, if not then make this one a battle of brains were the intellect decides the winner.

Hades, Urtear, Mest and Azuma are the ones who I don't want to see lose, they all have been portrayed as above and beyond and I hope it stays that way until the supposed "rematch".

Seriously though, I don't want to see a nakama power-up here as well.

kkck
January 25, 2011, 09:21 AM
Mest already got his ass handed to him didn't he? I was under the impression asuma already did that...

ca12nag3
January 25, 2011, 02:11 PM
Yes Mest got owned, but that was a given. Sneaking up someone from behind no matter if your a goodguy you get owned.

Reminded me of Piccolo grabbing Nappas tail in dragonball >:D

Non the less he can possibly be a pretty tough mage. As far as real challenge Mirajane is so much stronger then any of those beaten by Asuma so i expect her and Lisanna to take him down.

Kurohitsugi
January 25, 2011, 02:31 PM
Guys, am I the only one who just can't see GH winning in some of the fights but rather winning/loosing as a whole team ? If some of the 7-Kin members got beaten here then probably we are never gonna see them again (as antagonists). And that means the end of 7-Kin of Purgatory as a team and thus the end of Grimmoire Heart ? :-_-

Really, if Zancrow is indeed knocked out then I believe that FT is going to win in all of those upcoming battles (seeing that Hades and Urthear ain't participating). I really hope that isn't going to happen. :eyeroll

White Silver King
January 25, 2011, 03:44 PM
I don't think any of the other characters need to be beaten besides Natsu. Ezra could stand to lose a fight but that's about it.

kkck
January 25, 2011, 05:08 PM
To be honest I think erza will lose her fight... I mean, Erza winning against a little girl? Too easy... I think she will lose and someone else will pick up after her. Urtear is apparently not fighting anyone and if things keep like this odds are she won't fight at all for now...

MechR
January 25, 2011, 06:44 PM
Guys, am I the only one who just can't see GH winning in some of the fights but rather winning/loosing as a whole team ? If some of the 7-Kin members got beaten here then probably we are never gonna see them again (as antagonists). And that means the end of 7-Kin of Purgatory as a team and thus the end of Grimmoire Heart ? :-_-

Really, if Zancrow is indeed knocked out then I believe that FT is going to win in all of those upcoming battles (seeing that Hades and Urthear ain't participating). I really hope that isn't going to happen. :eyerollI'm pretty sure Urtear is gonna survive this arc no matter what, so that's one. And Hades will probably survive, since he can wipe the floor with all the good guys at once right now, even if he loses some underlings.

I'd like to see Azuma survive, and I wouldn't mind Meldy and Caprico staying onboard too (although the odds don't look so good for Caprico). The others can lose for all I care.

Gintara
January 25, 2011, 07:05 PM
This chapter was good. It makes me wonder how the Dragon God's Brilliant Flame would look animated (if they get to that point, that is) or colored.

Maybe you guys can help me out with this, but how did Natsu's top turned into white? I know his scarf turned black a couple chapters back, but I'm not sure about his top. It's bugging me when I was doing a fanart of that scene.

I know his top was white starting at chapter 213, if that helps.

MechR
January 25, 2011, 10:15 PM
It looks like he just turned it inside-out.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/795/fairytail210zip02.th.png (http://img718.imageshack.us/i/fairytail210zip02.png/)

Ero-Sanji
January 26, 2011, 12:58 AM
Mest already got his ass handed to him didn't he? I was under the impression asuma already did that...

Haha, sorry, don't know why I wrote down Mest... I meant Meldy.

Zoro #1
January 26, 2011, 09:34 PM
Is it possible that the 7-kin hold a magic of Zerf and that in the end Hades will take all the magic out of the kin to put it back in Zerf as a way of reviving him, considering that zerf can already suck life force there is a possibility that he can also take in magic.

~X~
January 27, 2011, 04:11 AM
It's really unbelievable that natsu can win every fight no matter what. Kind of annoying. I'm not a natsu hater, but I think it would make the arc waaaaay better if he lost, it would show that the new enemies are a serious threat. Natsu should have to do some legit training to defeat them.

Yashie
January 27, 2011, 06:07 AM
It's really unbelievable that natsu can win every fight no matter what. Kind of annoying. I'm not a natsu hater, but I think it would make the arc waaaaay better if he lost, it would show that the new enemies are a serious threat. Natsu should have to do some legit training to defeat them.

Again, the training thing. Just because we don't SEE Natsu training does not mean he is NOT training. Honestly, knowing what sort of a person Natsu is, do you think he doesn't train? I mean he's constantly pushing himself to be better and take down any and all contenders, so yeah, he has been training.
Just because Mashima doesn't devote any chapters to showcasing the day-to-day training regime of the members of Fairy Tail does not mean they do not train. They do have time between jobs, between arcs and stuff.

chrizzl
January 27, 2011, 11:18 AM

personally i would like it to be the other way around as in maybe mira gets atleast knocked down or tricked becuse she seems a bit dim and this will give us a chance to see how capable lisana truly is because i feel that this family of theirs is all strong like elfman was strong enouth to beet mira (i know he was in like crazy rage form) and mira is surpose to be crazy strong and we will see her defeat her opponet maybe later on (name slips my mind atm)

bittman
January 27, 2011, 06:17 PM
Let's figure out how predictable this fight might be. Things I expect are:

Mira and Lisanna combine, but are no match to Asuma
Mira says "I'm not going to lose my sister again"
She might reflect on her lack of battle experience since Lisanna died
Uses a new form beyond Satan form
Mira wins

If the next few chapters have anything but this, I will be very happy.

White Silver King
January 27, 2011, 08:19 PM
^Id actually like that lulz. Mira is my favorite character in FT and she was a powerless loser for the majority of the manga, shes only ever been in one serious fight. She deserves this win.

elfman was strong enouth to beet mira
Uh, no. That never happened.

elitefox
January 27, 2011, 09:10 PM
if may I ask, is there no chapter this week?

ghostexiled
January 27, 2011, 09:19 PM
why would you think that?

The chapter (as always) has an official release of Saturday.

The details are in the opener to this thread.

MechR
January 28, 2011, 12:23 AM
^Id actually like that lulz. Mira is my favorite character in FT and she was a powerless loser for the majority of the manga, shes only ever been in one serious fight. She deserves this win.I'm conflicted. For the sake of the plot I don't want Azuma to lose, since he helped establish the Seven Kin as a threat in the first place. OTOH, I would feel sorry for Mira losing one of her first fights.

All things considered though, I'd rather Azuma win.

Askia32
January 28, 2011, 12:55 AM
^Id actually like that lulz. Mira is my favorite character in FT and she was a powerless loser for the majority of the manga, shes only ever been in one serious fight. She deserves this win.

Uh, no. That never happened.

Me too. I would love for Mira to get her fighting spirit back. Lisanna can take on the bartending/clean-up duties from now on.

~X~
January 28, 2011, 03:35 AM
Again, the training thing. Just because we don't SEE Natsu training does not mean he is NOT training. Honestly, knowing what sort of a person Natsu is, do you think he doesn't train? I mean he's constantly pushing himself to be better and take down any and all contenders, so yeah, he has been training.
Just because Mashima doesn't devote any chapters to showcasing the day-to-day training regime of the members of Fairy Tail does not mean they do not train. They do have time between jobs, between arcs and stuff.

Sure, it's possible he does intensive training on the sidelines. But still, it's unbelievable he can win every fight. All his fights are the same. He gets the $%^& kicked out of him, then as the bad guy walks away he BAM SUDDENLY STANDS UP DRAMATICALLY and says some cliche line about never giving up, followed by a random power up. I feel like an 8 year old is writing this manga, who never wants his main character hero to lose, and will prevent it by any means.

monkey D luffy
January 28, 2011, 06:28 AM
^Then why do you read the manga lol? It's like reading bleach without liking ichigo's fights, one piece without liking luffy's fights and naruto while hating naruto's fights.

that sir, was an awesome comment, it made me laugh for like 30 minutes :D

back to topic:

contrary to popular belief i think lisanna will shine in this fight, since frankly we never saw what she can do, after a while they will just make asuma mad and will be blown to smitherins...

one can only hope...

Razh
January 28, 2011, 07:23 AM
Sure, it's possible he does intensive training on the sidelines. But still, it's unbelievable he can win every fight. All his fights are the same. He gets the $%^& kicked out of him, then as the bad guy walks away he BAM SUDDENLY STANDS UP DRAMATICALLY and says some cliche line about never giving up, followed by a random power up. I feel like an 8 year old is writing this manga, who never wants his main character hero to lose, and will prevent it by any means.

Well, this fight only seemed too much because of how many times the same thing happened so far. If you think about it, Natsu wasn't really that beat up here. He got blasted away 2 times, then was burnt some more by Zancrow. Plus there was help from Makarov too, giving Natsu time to do what he did. Yeah, I also hate it when stuff like this happens. For once I want a real man fight, where both opponents go all out from start, and manage to win because they were just stronger or had stronger will.

As for Natsu's training, we know for a fact that he trains a lot. If from nothing else, than at least from this pic from special chapter. There's a barbell, Erza punching bag, the device that he uses to train against his weakness and other stuff. (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/49082378/7)

Sevenheadedmirror
January 28, 2011, 05:15 PM
I for one like when 'unique' trainings happen. Like the one going on in Beelzebub or the thousand we have seen in Naruto, it's something that I can only explain as 'geek fun' (Bare me till the end; please keep reading, I am going somewhere, promise :p). These sort of explanations, that constitute the origin of a new power or technique, serve to explain the limits of said technique, conditions or back fire consequences. Even if Natsu trains, the training shouldn't be special, since it doesn't appear nor it is mentioned as a particularity (like in Veritas where the training was skipped yet stated as important when it began). It is actually something the author lets in the air and hopes readers will infer; to allow the character to become stronger without any event between each arc... and that is something I too fully support. We know (insert any shounen character) trains away from the camera and that is fine.

The problem (and here is my point) is when the physics previously stated are violated. When the hell was it established that expending one's own magic (which is what is protecting you) allowed more draining power?, Why should I buy it?, why should any character know about this even when the only guys that drain power are Dragon slayers, and the ONLY thing they can't drain appears to be godslayer magic (a magic that was thought to be extinct)!?. Why hadn't Zancrow or Hades heard from this? I imagine Hades teaching the magic to Zancrow and then suddenly snapping his fingers to the magic's strange condition. "Damn! I forgot to tell him about the only weak point his technique has!: it is absorbed if he kills the opponent!" . OR more importantly how did Makarov seemed to understand the secret of draining extinct magic when he didn't knew about it 3 seconds ago?... or how did Natsu pulled the pieces together!?. There's no training (or logic!) to back the events, making excuses cynic, just serving to point out the author thought of this in the last second because he things heroes should never ever lose.

Askia32
January 28, 2011, 10:23 PM
I for one like when 'unique' trainings happen. Like the one going on in Beelzebub or the thousand we have seen in Naruto, it's something that I can only explain as 'geek fun' (Bare me till the end; please keep reading, I am going somewhere, promise :p). These sort of explanations, that constitute the origin of a new power or technique, serve to explain the limits of said technique, conditions or back fire consequences. Even if Natsu trains, the training shouldn't be special, since it doesn't appear nor it is mentioned as a particularity (like in Veritas where the training was skipped yet stated as important when it began). It is actually something the author lets in the air and hopes readers will infer; to allow the character to become stronger without any event between each arc... and that is something I too fully support. We know (insert any shounen character) trains away from the camera and that is fine.

The problem (and here is my point) is when the physics previously stated are violated. When the hell was it established that expending one's own magic (which is what is protecting you) allowed more draining power?, Why should I buy it?, why should any character know about this even when the only guys that drain power are Dragon slayers, and the ONLY thing they can't drain appears to be godslayer magic (a magic that was thought to be extinct)!?. Why hadn't Zancrow or Hades heard from this? I imagine Hades teaching the magic to Zancrow and then suddenly snapping his fingers to the magic's strange condition. "Damn! I forgot to tell him about the only weak point his technique has!: it is absorbed if he kills the opponent!" . OR more importantly how did Makarov seemed to understand the secret of draining extinct magic when he didn't knew about it 3 seconds ago?... or how did Natsu pulled the pieces together!?. There's no training (or logic!) to back the events, making excuses cynic, just serving to point out the author thought of this in the last second because he things heroes should never ever lose.

Many good points. When it comes down to it, I think its implied that Natsu trains off-panel. And, I think you can also grow stronger in a fight. Part of winning the fight is figuring out your opponents weaknesses and make them advantageous. Like if your boxing, and you notice the guy lifts his chin when he throws a hook. All Natsu does is fight strong opponents, so I think its only natural for him to grow as he continues to battle strong opponents.

rajin
January 29, 2011, 12:37 AM
i eat manga released chapter 219 (http://ani-manga.info/Fairy_Tail/219/1)

i have ONE question in my mind anger comes into the category of yin energy isn't it

sois that possible to use this negative aura and energy to perform some kind of magic
or is it can be used as 1 time attack .

stevens41
January 29, 2011, 12:40 AM
I enjoyed the chapter for the most part but I do have a question that I'm not sure if its been answer already, if Natsu nullified all his magic in order to create a container for "God's magic flames", how did he managed to combine both flames, God's and Dragon's in his last spell (Dragon God's Brilliant flame)? Didn't he nullify his dragon magic 1 min before? How is it that he still has some to combine with the black flames afterwards?
[hr]

i eat manga released chapter 219 (http://ani-manga.info/Fairy_Tail/219/1)

i have ONE question in my mind anger comes into the category of yin energy isn't it

sois that possible to use this negative aura and energy to perform some kind of magic
or is it can be used as 1 time attack .

219 has been released for a whole week now btw.:blink

LoS
January 29, 2011, 01:17 AM
219 has been released for a whole week now btw.:blink

Don't know why you are replying with that dumbass smiley, considering it is a different translation. Various translations are always welcome, especially considering how controversial this chapter was; specifically Natsu's ass-pull of nullifying magic.

Shiro Tsuki
January 29, 2011, 02:57 AM
Okay am over the fact that Natsu is winning (or might win) -
Now its like if Natsu wins - someone else has to lose...
And I don't want Mira to lose...
Same goes for Elfman and Eve!

MechR
January 29, 2011, 04:14 AM
I enjoyed the chapter for the most part but I do have a question that I'm not sure if its been answer already, if Natsu nullified all his magic in order to create a container for "God's magic flames", how did he managed to combine both flames, God's and Dragon's in his last spell (Dragon God's Brilliant flame)? Didn't he nullify his dragon magic 1 min before? How is it that he still has some to combine with the black flames afterwards?He reignites his own flame, of course.
[hr]

The problem (and here is my point) is when the physics previously stated are violated. When the hell was it established that expending one's own magic (which is what is protecting you) allowed more draining power?, Why should I buy it?You misunderstand. Natsu can eat fire because he's the Fire Dragon Slayer. It turns out the black fire only gave him trouble because of some incompatibility with his inner flame. When he temporarily quelled his inner flame, that made room for him to inhale the black stuff.

why should any character know about this even when the only guys that drain power are Dragon slayers, and the ONLY thing they can't drain appears to be godslayer magic (a magic that was thought to be extinct)!?. Why hadn't Zancrow or Hades heard from this?Those questions are contradictory.

I imagine Hades teaching the magic to Zancrow and then suddenly snapping his fingers to the magic's strange condition. "Damn! I forgot to tell him about the only weak point his technique has!: it is absorbed if he kills the opponent!"Again, this is not generally applicable. Only Natsu can absorb it because he's the Fire Dragon Slayer.

OR more importantly how did Makarov seemed to understand the secret of draining extinct magic when he didn't knew about it 3 seconds ago?...Because he just saw it happen. Natsu turned off his own flame, and became able to digest the black flame.

or how did Natsu pulled the pieces together!?Desperation is the mother of invention.

Rarhyx
January 29, 2011, 09:43 AM
220 is out
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/58243627/1