PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Requirements to Enter Gantz

moistgorilla
January 15, 2011, 11:40 AM
Well we all know that not everybody that dies enters the Gantz room so from reading the chapters I think I have figured out what it takes to get transferred and I would like to hear your opinions.

For males:
Fight for your life

examples: ESP guys, old man raising his hand as if to block the bullet, Muscle Rider (forgot his real name..)

Doing something heroic:

examples: ooki saving the kid falling from the roof, katou and kurono saving the bum

go down fighting:
examples: any yakuza group

For women:
having large breasts... seriously this is the only thing i could think of

examples: almost every female gantz member

For either sex:

have Gantz take pity on you:

examples: any family, little girl from osaka, nerds from osaka, Nishi (perfect example) when he saw his mother commit suicide

for the lols:
example: any animal

killy-.-
January 15, 2011, 11:49 AM
so Gantz is kinda matrix, right? and all the brave ones and with big breasts go str8 to the rooms after death

moistgorilla
January 15, 2011, 11:51 AM
so Gantz is kinda matrix, right? and all the brave ones and with big breasts go str8 to the rooms after death

well it makes sense doesn't it?

Somnus
January 15, 2011, 04:59 PM
I don't think there's any requirement, Gantz just handpicks each individual, some for the lulz (hoi hoi, rice, old people or kids) and other for whatever reason. The AI behind Gantz was the Gantz-man himself so he probably choose whoever he felt like choosing.

moistgorilla
January 15, 2011, 07:27 PM
I don't think there's any requirement, Gantz just handpicks each individual, some for the lulz (hoi hoi, rice, old people or kids) and other for whatever reason. The AI behind Gantz was the Gantz-man himself so he probably choose whoever he felt like choosing.

I didn't mean it as requirements really. When a huge amount of people die Gantz doesn't choose people randomly. Its not really that oh if you didn't die this way you wont get into gantz, its more like if you died this way you are way more likely to get into gantz.

Damura
January 16, 2011, 12:14 AM
I think it's random - or at the very least made to look random, if any selection is involved. I don't think it has anything to do with your final moments in death, either. In mission 1 there was a guy that died of cancer in a hospital bed. Mission 2 there were a few car crashes that brought the grandmother/grandson and Sadako and all that. Then you've got obvious outliers like the dog, Takeshi and Hoi Hoi.

I'd say that there are no requirements. It's all meant to be 'random'.

moistgorilla
January 17, 2011, 12:16 AM
I think it's random - or at the very least made to look random, if any selection is involved. I don't think it has anything to do with your final moments in death, either. In mission 1 there was a guy that died of cancer in a hospital bed. Mission 2 there were a few car crashes that brought the grandmother/grandson and Sadako and all that. Then you've got obvious outliers like the dog, Takeshi and Hoi Hoi.

I'd say that there are no requirements. It's all meant to be 'random'.

When Izumi went on a shooting spree almost every person chosen went out fighting. The guy with cancer was fighting for his life as well. As for the infants and family members I already explained it as people who are pitied by Gantz. It would explain Nishi too considering the circumstances of his death. Also takeshi had a pretty pitiful death aswell. Im not saying that these are required to enter gantz but it is definitely not random, how would you explain that every single person that went down fighting against Izumi got chosen?

102jayday
January 17, 2011, 01:09 AM
have Gantz take pity on you:

examples: any family, little girl from osaka, nerds from osaka, Nishi (perfect example) when he saw his mother commit suicide

for the lols:
example: any animal

It's random really, depending on the time of the death around gantz's mission times. But then again what SEB showed us with all those people randomly dying, heartattack from old person, car crash then a plane falling.

When did Nishi mention that, all i remember him saying "mommy i just needed 10 points"

El Samurai Guapo
January 17, 2011, 03:22 AM
When Izumi went on a shooting spree almost every person chosen went out fighting. The guy with cancer was fighting for his life as well. As for the infants and family members I already explained it as people who are pitied by Gantz. It would explain Nishi too considering the circumstances of his death. Also takeshi had a pretty pitiful death aswell. Im not saying that these are required to enter gantz but it is definitely not random, how would you explain that every single person that went down fighting against Izumi got chosen?

Huh, when was Reika or the old man shown to go down fighting against Izumi? What about those black dudes from the U.S.?

The only three that got taken down fighting by Izumi and ended up in the room were the two psychics and Kaze. One thing we do know that's not random is that gantz will select people who died in close proximity to each other (e.g. Katou and Kei; the grandma and her grandson; Sadako and Hojo; and Kaze, Sakurai, Sakata). Otherwise, yeah the selection is random.

Damura
January 17, 2011, 06:44 AM
I don't think it was shown, rather it was implied that Izumi killed most of them. Regardless, that was a special event. Gantz ordered Izumi to go on a killing spree to look for better fighters.

moistgorilla
January 17, 2011, 06:08 PM
Huh, when was Reika or the old man shown to go down fighting against Izumi? What about those black dudes from the U.S.?

The only three that got taken down fighting by Izumi and ended up in the room were the two psychics and Kaze. One thing we do know that's not random is that gantz will select people who died in close proximity to each other (e.g. Katou and Kei; the grandma and her grandson; Sadako and Hojo; and Kaze, Sakurai, Sakata). Otherwise, yeah the selection is random.

old man lifted his hand as if to block the bullet. as for reika, if you haven't noticed every girl brought into gantz could be considered hot.

gHZoDD
January 17, 2011, 06:57 PM
or get in via technicalities in the case of vampires and Kishimoto.

Damura
January 18, 2011, 12:52 AM
old man lifted his hand as if to block the bullet. as for reika, if you haven't noticed every girl brought into gantz could be considered hot.

Yeah that grandmother in mission 2 was pretty hot.

digitaldude
January 18, 2011, 08:13 AM
Yeah that grandmother in mission 2 was pretty hot.

To each his own dude...

and I think that since the Gantzman has a dark sense of humor, he chooses people for laughs or how much they interest him, not randomly.

Crisis.
January 18, 2011, 09:21 AM
lol... gantz taking pity on the dead. so what your trying to say is that he pities some of them? and then sends them to fight aliens with out telling them about the suit,weapons, or how dangerous it will be? not to mention he also traps them in the missions,puts a bomb in their heads,and kills anyone who tries to leave or inform other people outside the room.

gantz dose not pity them if anything he hates most of them.

this is how the selection is most likely done(in my opinion): (going to use the izumi killing spread as an example)

izumi shots the first human

1stdead doesn't get in because the transfer have yet to start

the first person that gets in the room was the first one to die after the transfer started

anyone killed while the transfer is in progress doesn't get in for obvious reasons (already transferring someone in)

after the first transfer is completed the first to die afterwards starts to get transfer and so on

tranfering:

once the transfer starts theres a time limit (5-10 minute) afterwards it stops and starts the mission

if anyone dies at the same exact time(or 1-2 seconds away) and are 1foot or less away from each other then they get transfer at the same time ( kei and katou, grandmother and grandson, sadoko and the gay guy, im sure there was a lot of double transfer in the izumi killing spread )

thats how i think the transferring and selection are done

digitaldude
January 18, 2011, 09:25 AM
Maybe he does pity them like nishi finding that he's mom has killed herself or takeshi getting killed over some pudding, if it was not for gantz he would never meet kaze or have a life, also we must never forget that the gantzman never makes the rules, he just follows them.

Crisis.
January 18, 2011, 09:28 AM
Maybe he does pity them like nishi finding that he's mom has killed herself or takeshi getting killed over some pudding, if it was not for gantz he would never meet kaze or have a life, also we must never forget that the gantzman never makes the rules, he just follows them.

lol... gantz taking pity on the dead. so what your trying to say is that he pities some of them? and then sends them to fight aliens with out telling them about the suit,weapons, or how dangerous it will be? not to mention he also traps them in the missions,puts a bomb in their heads,and kills anyone who tries to leave or inform other people outside the room.

gantz dose not pity them if anything he hates most of them.

Damura
January 18, 2011, 10:03 AM
^

Indifferent, at the very least.

moistgorilla
January 18, 2011, 09:30 PM

Gantz definitely does not hate them. Also Nishi and him where on friendly terms when they where speaking to eachother. The Gantz ball is a necessity for the human race to survive from alien invasion, also Gantz seemed pretty nice when he spoke to reika and hes even helping them now when they where asking to send a message for reinforcements. While he may have sick sense of humor, remember what death is to gantz considering how people die all the time and get revived all the time. Also I imagine that even if the gantz ball told people what was happening to them on their first mission they would not listen just like they didn't listen to anyone else. Probably why gantz just makes a joke of it.

gnut
January 26, 2011, 10:32 PM
someone said before...it depends if a mission is about to start.how do you explain the teacher hit on his scooter,the old lady and her grandson or hojo/homo and sudaku...none of which fit this gantz criteria.they all died when the mission was about to start.
[hr]

now that i think about it...this could be why there was no one on the shortie alien mission.because no one in tokyo died in the time frame to be called to the room...hence kei going at it alone.same with the dinosaur mission...all the people izumi killed came...i know not all but alot.if the gantz was trying to kill him off during the shortie mission...just keep his suit or not allow him his weapons or just...blow up his head.no requirements besides death...at the right time.

Damura
January 27, 2011, 12:03 AM
^

It seemed to me that Kurono was being punished for trying to shoot the Gantz man.

digitaldude
January 27, 2011, 09:53 AM
I think that only holds true for the anime, when gantz makes kurono an alien target, in the manga I think there was no one available at the time.

Damura
January 27, 2011, 11:28 AM
^

No one available? Very doubtful.

moistgorilla
January 28, 2011, 11:04 AM
yeah, you know how often people die? So it was either Gantz punishing kurono or that no one met certain prerequisites before they died.

killy-.-
January 28, 2011, 11:36 AM
if big melons is all that is needed to get to the gantz room then one can say there is not too many nice looking girls in japan, otherwise the rooms would be full of them

Damura
January 28, 2011, 01:07 PM
^

:O

What about TAE