PDA

View Full Version : Googlez& The Fear Of Checking Your Thread!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 07:10 AM
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz196/mccosplay/KPOP/Yoseob-1.gif

Googlez_kun
October 11, 2012, 07:15 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbps16kHx91r39nas.gif

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 07:18 AM
aegyo!!!!

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz196/mccosplay/KPOP/DongWoon-1.gif

Googlez_kun
October 11, 2012, 07:20 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbph42kpeB1rxcriq.gif

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 07:24 AM
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/Ssanti_dance/k7mtx.gif

digitaldude
October 11, 2012, 07:28 AM
Are you guys flirting?

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 07:28 AM
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/Ssanti_dance/20qkj87.gif

digitaldude
October 11, 2012, 07:30 AM
That one was funny.

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 07:31 AM
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/Ssanti_dance/2iih9hk.gif

Googlez_kun
October 11, 2012, 07:31 AM
Yes!
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbpgpibrfm1rwtyqr.gif

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 07:32 AM
Yes!

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/Ssanti_dance/2h4c5sn.gif

Googlez_kun
October 11, 2012, 08:00 AM
Okay, let's stop now. :>

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 08:25 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Graphophobia/GIFS%20-%20KPOP/chansung6.gif

Mr. Prince
October 11, 2012, 11:37 AM
Anytime! Though I have a normal rhythm again. She'll start studying next week anyway, so our nightly chat-session are no more. D:

Yeah, I even applied for it once already, shortly before my abitur. They accepted my portfolio so I was able to participate in the exams, but they noticed that I chose the wrong field of study. Apparently, I was too young as well.

That's a shame! What did you study? I imagine Fine Arts is especially difficult.

Well yeah.^^ I don't know about it. So far, every single teacher in middle- and highschool liked me. Towards the end it became ridiculous. I was even able to sell a painting of mine to a teacher for 100€....So, even though I know it won't, I hope it will continue like this.
Oh fleeting young love~
How dreamlike my memories~
Damn you student life!

There, wrote a haiku about your situation. :lmao

And don't remind me of university... shit is about to start and I still need to finish a term paper on "Concepts of Romance in European Novels from the 19th Century". -_-

Not sure about your question... :notsure
You mean, like, during Gymnasium? I was majoring Art and English with a minor in Philosophy (or rather, "Ethik") and Math.
After getting my (Abitur) diploma I was already fed up with visual arts and went straight for Language and Literary Studies: Japanese Studies (major), English Literature and Intercultural German Studies.

But your experience throughout Gymnasium sounds great. You'll definitely cut your own path! I wish you all the best with it!!

//Oh, and thanks for the nomination in the Community Awards the other day. :hurr

digitaldude
October 11, 2012, 11:49 AM
art and philosophy...you wan job or no?

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 11:57 AM
indeed

Mr. Prince
October 11, 2012, 12:00 PM
art and philosophy...you wan job or no?
:D
Well, sure do! :thumbs
It's not all that important here what you do during highschool, as long as you get your diploma. No one gives two shits about your choice of subjects.

With the stuff I'm currently doing at university I got several options as to what I can do. I'm most likely going to be a university lecturer after graduating and so I can start working towards getting my PhD. : )

As of now, I'm a part-time journalist. Might consider going full-time some point in the future. But first things first... for now it's all about doing a PhD!

naruto-niichan
October 11, 2012, 02:59 PM
Googz did I tell you that we have a new follower (and you a new friend? XD)?

Doraku told me that he enjoyed Paprika a lot~

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 03:54 PM
Paprika :wub

digitaldude
October 11, 2012, 04:01 PM
Good spice!

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 04:02 PM
i likes lays with paprika

BBB Banana
October 11, 2012, 04:24 PM
Yes!

South Korea... The country where being gay became the definition of cool...

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 04:26 PM

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz196/mccosplay/KPOP/Kikwang-1.gif

BBB Banana
October 11, 2012, 04:27 PM
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz196/mccosplay/KPOP/Kikwang-1.gif

Are you sexually arroused every time you posts those images by chance? :o

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 04:37 PM
Are you sexually arroused every time you posts those images by chance? :o

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/Ssanti_dance/p2hc456d6582hb575u5s.gif

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

BBB dont give up! with those small taunts!Come awn!

Googlez_kun
October 11, 2012, 04:56 PM
Oh fleeting young love~
How dreamlike my memories~
Damn you student life!

There, wrote a haiku about your situation. :lmao

And don't remind me of university... shit is about to start and I still need to finish a term paper on "Concepts of Romance in European Novels from the 19th Century". -_-

Not sure about your question... :notsure
You mean, like, during Gymnasium? I was majoring Art and English with a minor in Philosophy (or rather, "Ethik") and Math.
After getting my (Abitur) diploma I was already fed up with visual arts and went straight for Language and Literary Studies: Japanese Studies (major), English Literature and Intercultural German Studies.

But your experience throughout Gymnasium sounds great. You'll definitely cut your own path! I wish you all the best with it!!

//Oh, and thanks for the nomination in the Community Awards the other day. :hurr
What a haiku! :zomg Totally taking that.

Oh....that sounds kinda boring at first sight....though I did like Romanticism as an era. Wasn't Der Sandmann from that era? I liked that one. Especially artistically it interests me. Always liked the feeling.

Oh, for some reason I thought you studied at an art school. Oh well. Woah, it was almost the same for me. Except I had history instead of ethik. Man, the last semester sure was amazing, despite all those exams and the amount of content they had to cover in only three months. Abitur isn't even as hard as people make it out to be. You barely have to study for it.

Oh, how come you went into that direction?

Thank you!

And it was nothing.:hurr That is one epic username after all. Hope Mr.Prince will show his face once again.

Googz did I tell you that we have a new follower (and you a new friend? XD)?

Doraku told me that he enjoyed Paprika a lot~
Oh Doraku. :blush

I saw him in the Assassination Classroom thread as well. Think I like him.:hurr

Yeah, it's just.....I don't know. Where did all that Korea hype come from anyway?

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 04:59 PM
from me!

Googlez_kun
October 11, 2012, 05:14 PM
Jessica you witch!

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 05:26 PM
can u make me an avy?

Googlez_kun
October 11, 2012, 05:30 PM
Whatcha want?

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 05:31 PM
C.C related

Googlez_kun
October 11, 2012, 05:32 PM
Never watched it. Fanart?

digitaldude
October 11, 2012, 05:34 PM
You never watched code geass?

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 05:34 PM
Never watched it. Fanart?

what are you confident of doing?

digitaldude
October 11, 2012, 05:36 PM
He will do things to her beautiful face...horrible things.

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 05:37 PM
doesnt have to be CG i suppose

Googlez_kun
October 11, 2012, 05:38 PM
You never watched code geass?
No, no one ever recommended it to me.

what are you confident of doing?
EVERYTHIN :arf

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 05:39 PM
Kise Ryota, Kuroko no Basuke!

digitaldude
October 11, 2012, 05:39 PM
Googlez did you start drawing at young age?

Googlez_kun
October 11, 2012, 05:43 PM
Kise Ryota, Kuroko no Basuke!
Sounds interesting, though avas are always so small. Will give it a shot.

Googlez did you start drawing at young age?
Yeah, but I drew rather irregularly. Never really tried to improve my drawing skills, it always just happened. Even now I am too lazy. Hate myself for that.

digitaldude
October 11, 2012, 05:44 PM
But you got skills man.....skills.

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 05:44 PM
a young man of your talent, i believe this will be child play for you!!!

Googlez_kun
October 11, 2012, 05:53 PM
You guys know how to flatter me.:blush

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 05:54 PM
ofcourse:3c Me and digi been honning the ass licking flattering skills for many years! We are like flattering samurai of sorts

Googlez_kun
October 11, 2012, 06:07 PM
Fascinating! Why aren't you global mods yet?

Oh, bed's calling me, will work on all that stuff in the morning.

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 06:14 PM
Fascinating! Why aren't you global mods yet?

Oh, bed's calling me, will work on all that stuff in the morning.

i lack restraint!

Mr. Prince
October 11, 2012, 06:52 PM
What a haiku! :zomg Totally taking that.

Oh....that sounds kinda boring at first sight....though I did like Romanticism as an era. Wasn't Der Sandmann from that era? I liked that one. Especially artistically it interests me. Always liked the feeling.

Oh, for some reason I thought you studied at an art school. Oh well. Woah, it was almost the same for me. Except I had history instead of ethik. Man, the last semester sure was amazing, despite all those exams and the amount of content they had to cover in only three months. Abitur isn't even as hard as people make it out to be. You barely have to study for it.

Oh, how come you went into that direction?

Thank you!

And it was nothing.:hurr That is one epic username after all. Hope Mr.Prince will show his face once again.
Lol, glad you like it. Took me a minute or two of my precious time after all. :lmao

Wah, see how invested I am in that assignment, didn't even get the time frame right. The seminar was on the 20th Century, the time of Realism. So, more the likes of Fontane, Flaubert and Tolstoj. I'll probably do something about Flaubert's Madame Bovary, not sure yet.
But interesting to hear you like Hoffmann's work. That one was quite grotesque and obscure, right? The atmosphere was totally captivating. It's a book one can enjoy in dark winter nights.^^

Yeah, Abitur is one of the biggest myths of our educational system. Teachers sure have more than enough time to build up that big, sca~~wy concept about the oh-so-demanding final exams...
And it's funny how you get this feeling of accomplishment once you're done with everything. But shortly afterwards (a year max, I'd say) you really couldn't care any less. At least, that was what I experienced myself and what I heard from former classmates and fellow students.

Well, I knew I would eventually want to learn Japanese. It's always been a dream of mine. So during Gymnasium I told myself: "Once you're done with school, you will tackle that dream!"
As for my subsidiary subjects, those I picked on a whim. I love language, writing and reading and I enjoy art in many forms, literature in this case. One great thing is that due to my academic background from the Abitur and my literary education I got at university I can enjoy manga all the more, since it's the perfect blending of those two artistic fields. Dunno if you still remember but lots of my own studies revolve around manga (i.e. scientific approach of manga & manga culture), I might have noted that in one or the other thread. I'll be doing some research in Tokyo for 12 months starting March '13. blabla sorry, I better stop babbling on and on. :D Wasn't supposed to turn all that "ausschweifend".

Well, if he doesn't maybe I will one day in the user picture thread... xD

3c
October 11, 2012, 07:01 PM
I just want to say that I sincerely admire your talent.

lawlett-kun
October 11, 2012, 07:02 PM
we all do :allthe

xi0
October 12, 2012, 03:24 AM
I just want to say that I sincerely admire your talent.

Dude...just ask him already :sclap

goldb
October 12, 2012, 03:58 AM
Dude, how's my set going? :notamused

xi0
October 12, 2012, 04:01 AM
I asked first...and then you come in and fuck everything up. Oh well...

goldb
October 12, 2012, 05:14 AM
I asked first...and then you come in and fuck everything up. Oh well...

You can't monopolise both Googlez and shin :-_- gtfo

lawlett-kun
October 12, 2012, 06:43 AM
:teehee

Googlez_kun
October 12, 2012, 06:59 AM
Okey, guys, just a quick input:
I'll go buy some awesome chocolate with my friend now. Afterwards, I'll start working on all the requests starting with xi0's!:allthe (What about you 3c?)

lawlett-kun
October 12, 2012, 07:04 AM
chaaklat he said :allthe

goldb
October 12, 2012, 07:09 AM
Okey, guys, just a quick input:
I'll go buy some awesome chocolate with my friend now. Afterwards, I'll start working on all the requests starting with xi0's!:allthe (What about you 3c?)

No mention of me eh? :notrust

Also it'd be nice if you could update your tumblr with your works :nod

Googlez_kun
October 12, 2012, 07:14 AM
chaaklat he said :allthe
Ehrmagerd.:allthe

No mention of me eh? :notrust

Also it'd be nice if you could update your tumblr with your works :nod
First xi0, then you, after that lawl and maybe 3c. :)

Yeah, I'll pick some old ones and upload them there. Wanted to have the newer stuff there, though. I will probably spam it with random stuff soon.

xi0
October 12, 2012, 05:17 PM
You can't monopolise both Googlez and shin :-_- gtfo

I can't help it if I inspire greatness :o

goldb
October 12, 2012, 07:47 PM
Pffffffffffffft :hmph yeah right...

xi0
October 12, 2012, 07:57 PM
I have good ideas. If they were shit, they wouldn't do them :lulzobito

goldb
October 12, 2012, 08:03 PM
To be honest, I just told Googz to do what he feels like. It was only after he'd told me he had drotted down some ideas that I had come across a style I wanted him to recreate for me...but I'll be waiting for him to send me his ideas first.

xi0
October 12, 2012, 08:28 PM
I did the random thing the first time :nod

digitaldude
October 13, 2012, 06:31 AM
What are you all asking googlez to do?

goldb
October 13, 2012, 06:45 AM
Nude art. :nod

digitaldude
October 13, 2012, 06:46 AM
Nude art. :nod

Are you guys paying him??

xi0
October 13, 2012, 07:58 AM
Is that proper etiquette? Apologies, this is all new to me.

digitaldude
October 13, 2012, 07:59 AM
Yeah of course you pay him...wtf man.

xi0
October 13, 2012, 08:09 AM
But I'm not the only one!

digitaldude
October 13, 2012, 08:10 AM
Well then put da money in a money pot yo!!

xi0
October 13, 2012, 08:11 AM
...or what? :shifty

digitaldude
October 13, 2012, 08:12 AM
Or I keel you!

riki
October 13, 2012, 08:17 AM
With what?

digitaldude
October 13, 2012, 08:18 AM
With my fists!!

lawlett-kun
October 17, 2012, 11:28 AM
oh dear violendude

---------- Post added October 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was October 13, 2012 at 08:21 AM ----------

hide your kids from Lolidara Rapechiha!

http://i49.tinypic.com/34eevx3.jpg

Bugzee
October 20, 2012, 05:31 PM
Haven't been here for a while.

Hai Googz! :XD

Dude, how's my set going? :notamused

You should ask him to use my one as a template for yours.

Iceiphoenix
October 21, 2012, 06:49 AM
Just dropping in to say that the penalty sets you gave everyone are amazing. :lmao

Googlez_kun
October 21, 2012, 03:28 PM
Lol, glad you like it. Took me a minute or two of my precious time after all. :lmao

Wah, see how invested I am in that assignment, didn't even get the time frame right. The seminar was on the 20th Century, the time of Realism. So, more the likes of Fontane, Flaubert and Tolstoj. I'll probably do something about Flaubert's Madame Bovary, not sure yet.
But interesting to hear you like Hoffmann's work. That one was quite grotesque and obscure, right? The atmosphere was totally captivating. It's a book one can enjoy in dark winter nights.^^

Yeah, Abitur is one of the biggest myths of our educational system. Teachers sure have more than enough time to build up that big, sca~~wy concept about the oh-so-demanding final exams...
And it's funny how you get this feeling of accomplishment once you're done with everything. But shortly afterwards (a year max, I'd say) you really couldn't care any less. At least, that was what I experienced myself and what I heard from former classmates and fellow students.

Well, I knew I would eventually want to learn Japanese. It's always been a dream of mine. So during Gymnasium I told myself: "Once you're done with school, you will tackle that dream!"
As for my subsidiary subjects, those I picked on a whim. I love language, writing and reading and I enjoy art in many forms, literature in this case. One great thing is that due to my academic background from the Abitur and my literary education I got at university I can enjoy manga all the more, since it's the perfect blending of those two artistic fields. Dunno if you still remember but lots of my own studies revolve around manga (i.e. scientific approach of manga & manga culture), I might have noted that in one or the other thread. I'll be doing some research in Tokyo for 12 months starting March '13. blabla sorry, I better stop babbling on and on. :D Wasn't supposed to turn all that "ausschweifend".

Well, if he doesn't maybe I will one day in the user picture thread... xD
Oh I see, never found that particularly interesting. Then again, we barely even covered that topic...Right, this dark mood with a touch of magic. Alchemistic experiments and nihilism. The night and stars. Gritty and dull. Somehow that always fascinated me. When I was younger I also enjoyed Cornelia Funke's ...erm, what's it called again? The one with the dragons. Oh, Drachenreiter. Right! Great book. At least if I remember correctly.

Wow, I wish it would've lasted a year. Almost a month after it I didn't care anymore. Still, the time afterwards was just brilliant. You know, that time after school ended and before everybody left for a year or started studying. Tooons of goodbye parties and general partying. Bet it was the same for you.

Hehe don't worry. But WOW, you're like the only person I've met who said what I was always thinking! Manga is, if done correctly, a perfect combination of words and images. HunterxHunter is a good example of that. Really, people underestimate manga, which is a huge shame. It's especially annoying when I want to tell people that I draw manga, but the reactions are always the same and I'm tired of it. Sure, I can't blame them. Anime in Germany don't help that image. Plus the lack of great manga published here...I still can't get over the fact that not a single Adachi manga found its way to this country...
Oh really?? How awesome! My cousin and I plan on visiting Tokyo next summer, so maybe we'll see each other there. :>

Haven't been here for a while.

Hai Googz! :XD
Hai thar!:derp

You enjoying your set?

Just dropping in to say that the penalty sets you gave everyone are amazing. :lmao

Thanks. :P

How are you doing? Still worrying about your exams?

wizzard
October 22, 2012, 08:05 AM
Now that was a big post.. totally different from mine :D

digitaldude
October 22, 2012, 08:08 AM
Did not read at all!

Googlez_kun
October 22, 2012, 08:13 AM
It wasn't aimed at you after all.:heh

And I bet you read it either way.

@wizzard
This thread has actual content.:e3 At least that's what I like to believe.

digitaldude
October 22, 2012, 08:54 AM
So googlez which of the new anime are you watching?

Googlez_kun
October 22, 2012, 08:59 AM
None actually. Though I watched the first four episodes of SAO. I wanted to check out JoJo, but I just can't find the time right now. Which arcs are actually covered in the anime?

digitaldude
October 22, 2012, 09:00 AM
Part one right now dude.

Googlez_kun
October 22, 2012, 09:03 AM
WRRYYYYY?:zomg

digitaldude
October 22, 2012, 09:33 AM
Actually it's urrrrry he don't start saying wrrrry til part 3.

wizzard
October 22, 2012, 09:33 AM
@wizzard
This thread has actual content.:e3 At least that's what I like to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmQE-Xpe3WI

Googlez_kun
October 22, 2012, 09:43 AM
Actually it's urrrrry he don't start saying wrrrry til part 3.

Actually, he does scream it in the manga. http://www.mangareader.net/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-1-phantom-blood/5/27
It's just that Wryyyy is Uriiiii in hiragana. I guess that's why the subtitles say that.

digitaldude
October 22, 2012, 09:48 AM
NO!

YOU ARE WRONG!

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Anyway I am on part two right now volume 9.

Googlez_kun
October 22, 2012, 09:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmQE-Xpe3WI
Don't tell your parents please!

NO!

YOU ARE WRONG!
Take the hit.

Where do you read it? There were some chapters missing on mangareader.net, which, btw., ruined Narutaru for me.

digitaldude
October 22, 2012, 09:51 AM
I downloaded it googlez, whatever....I get you next time bish.

what you mean with narutaru though?

Googlez_kun
October 22, 2012, 09:55 AM
Should do that as well.

Spoilers ahead for anyone who still wants to read it.
Well, their chapter order was messed up, so I happened to read the chapter where the main character's parents find her dead body parts in a bag....WTF WHY IS SHE DEAD ALL OF A SUDDEN??

And that pm you sent me once. Man, it was even more brutal in the mango.

digitaldude
October 22, 2012, 09:57 AM
Should do that as well.

Spoilers ahead for anyone who still wants to read it.
Well, their chapter order was messed up, so I happened to read the chapter where the main character's parents find her dead body parts in a bag....WTF WHY IS SHE DEAD ALL OF A SUDDEN??

And that pm you sent me once. Man, it was even more brutal in the mango.
Anime version is usually less messed up, censorship man!!

Mr. Prince
October 22, 2012, 11:17 AM
Oh I see, never found that particularly interesting. Then again, we barely even covered that topic...Right, this dark mood with a touch of magic. Alchemistic experiments and nihilism. The night and stars. Gritty and dull. Somehow that always fascinated me. When I was younger I also enjoyed Cornelia Funke's ...erm, what's it called again? The one with the dragons. Oh, Drachenreiter. Right! Great book. At least if I remember correctly.

Wow, I wish it would've lasted a year. Almost a month after it I didn't care anymore. Still, the time afterwards was just brilliant. You know, that time after school ended and before everybody left for a year or started studying. Tooons of goodbye parties and general partying. Bet it was the same for you.

Hehe don't worry. But WOW, you're like the only person I've met who said what I was always thinking! Manga is, if done correctly, a perfect combination of words and images. HunterxHunter is a good example of that. Really, people underestimate manga, which is a huge shame. It's especially annoying when I want to tell people that I draw manga, but the reactions are always the same and I'm tired of it. Sure, I can't blame them. Anime in Germany don't help that image. Plus the lack of great manga published here...I still can't get over the fact that not a single Adachi manga found its way to this country...
Oh really?? How awesome! My cousin and I plan on visiting Tokyo next summer, so maybe we'll see each other there. :>
Well, the Realism is not what you would usually call exciting or anything like that. I am, though, quite amazed by the richness of words and language. You know, authors like Flaubert and Tolstoj are just so eloquent. Their language is full of color. And it’s figuratively blowing my mind just how vast their knowledge is, like, what they know about fabrics or certain trades, alchemy, etc.…
Speaking of alchemy, maybe you might find Ben Jonson’s play “The Alchemist” to your liking. (That is, if you haven’t read it already.) I’m usually not that much into drama but this one was really cool, IMO!

Lol, yeah, it was the same for me. (Both, the longevity of said feeling of accomplishment and the parties and whatnot.) That was a great time, really.

And I’m happy to hear we share that opinion. It’s kinda my wish to try and establish a certain niche for manga in the academic context, like it already exists in Japan and to smaller extent in the USA. That would be really great.
Manga still do have this – how we would probably call it here – “Dünkel” about them, like this sort of label 'it’s stuff for kids and/or girls in puberty'. Although admittedly this has become a little better in recent times with the “discovery” of the Light Novel as a medium to directly market comics for adults. For example, there are two or three Manga featured in Süddeutsche Zeitung’s Light Novel series: Taniguchi’s Aruku hito (“Der spazierende Mann”, was it?) and Nakazawa’s Hadashi no Gen (“Barfuß durch Hiroshima”) and I think there might have been one by Tezuka, I’m not sure about that last one though. (Might be confusing it with Carlsen Comics’ publishing of BUDDHA as a Light Novel Hardcover Edition.)
But I can understand the publishers. Budget still runs very tight on them, they can hardly afford taking risks, so they have to go with mainstream stuff, which is easily marketable or series akin to earlier hit series. – I think it was Carlsen (or Tokyo Pop Germany) who said they try to squeeze in one more experimental title (i.e. Seinen manga in general) once every quarter of their fiscal year.
Lately, there have been quite a few good serializations in my opinion! TokyoPop went for friggin Punpun and solanin (still think about asking them if they already have a translator for the former…), EMA got themselves LIAR GAME and Carlsen publishes – besides great stuff like Nausicaä’s new edition – Vinland Saga and I Am A Hero. So I think there had been nastier times. :D

German anime industry is a whole different story though. But since I generally don’t really give a shit about anime (I have to cut back somewhere, I already read literally hundreds of manga) I won’t poke my nose into that matter.

Oh, and sure can do! If by then, we’re still both active around MH and build up a peachy bromance we could hang out one time. – Might be nice for you guys to have someone around who knows the language and – hopefully by then – knows some cool spots! : )

Another tl;dr post in your thread. Sorry!

digitaldude
October 22, 2012, 11:19 AM
Do you like hentai?

wizzard
October 22, 2012, 11:21 AM
A healthy amount.

Tatasugoi
October 24, 2012, 04:01 PM
For you, Googlez:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/208/7/6/Drawing_smiley_by_Nadyushka.gif

FaustXIII
October 24, 2012, 04:11 PM
Hi,I'm Googlez_kun (or Googlez for short),I live in Berlin(Germany) and i'm attending my second last year at school.

I'd like to become a manga artist,as two of my favourite hobbies are combined in it: drawing and reading manga.

You only want to become an artist or both manga author and artist?

If you want to become a manga author you better start learning japanese grammar, language, and texts

If you only want to become an artist you should find a good japanese manga author partner

digitaldude
October 25, 2012, 05:37 AM
faust go to his gallery he has awesome manga drawings there!

FaustXIII
October 25, 2012, 04:34 PM
faust go to his gallery he has awesome manga drawings there!

Can you please give me the link to his gallery. Ty. :imslow

goldb
October 25, 2012, 06:08 PM
Here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/70031-Googlez-Batcave) you go Faust :amuse.

naruto-niichan
October 26, 2012, 09:02 AM
I just noticed that it's called batcave....

are you a batman fan? :zomg

Mr. Prince
November 15, 2012, 10:16 PM
Hehe, stimmt schon. :P Dabei gefallen mir Kubos Zeichnungen. Gut, anscheinend ist ihm der Begriff 'Hintergrund' gänzlich unbekannt, aber viele seiner Designs sind gut und seinen Strich mag ich auch. Trotzdem weiß ich worauf du hinaus willst.
Hmm... ich sehe bei Kubo nur einen recht frischen Strich und eine ausgeprägte Liebe für Design. Sein Duktus ist bestenfalls durchschnittlich, das Problem mit den Hintergründen hast du ja bereits erwähnt und schlampig arbeitet der Knabe auch noch. (Mir gefällt z.B. nicht, dass er heutzutage größtenteils auf Schraffuren verzichtet bzw. bestenfalls mal irgendwelche halbherzigen Alibi-Striche setzt, die entfernt sowas wie Plastizität andeuten sollen...)
Und auch weniger allgemein sondern speziell auf Manga gemünzt sehe ich bei ihm Schwächen im Seitenlayout bzw. in der Ausnutzung seiner Panels. Das wirkt oftmals zu willkürlich (reihenweise nichtssagende Augenpanels mit Schlafzimmerblick), als müsse er Platz schinden, um möglichst wenig Inhalt in ein Kapitel zu packen. Der Seitenaufbau ähnelt dem eines Storyboards. -- Das ist prinzipiell natürlich nix verwerfliches. Gekiga arbeitet ja quasi ausschließlich mit derartigem Layout. Nur lässt hier halt das Gesamtniveau von Kubos Zeichnungen – zu einem Teil sicherlich auch dem wöchentlichen Erscheinungsrhythmus seiner Serie geschuldet – deutlich zu wünschen übrig. Den rauchen Gekiga-Größen sowas von in der Pfeife... :amuse

Aber über Geschmack lässt sich ja bekanntlich streiten. Macht aber Spaß sich mit einem Künstler über derartiges auszutauschen, da ich selbst halt eher der (Kunst-)Theoretiker bin.

// Thought I should better put that here because it got longer than intended and too much Tsherman might scare the others away. xD

naruto-niichan
November 16, 2012, 10:03 AM
Good thing I'm a german :XD

I shall enjoy that conversation :nod

Imperium
November 16, 2012, 10:34 AM
Google translates it very well. :cookiehand

naruto-niichan
November 16, 2012, 01:11 PM
You will never get the whole awesomeness though :cookiehand

lawlett-kun
November 16, 2012, 01:41 PM
googzaloid hows my set coming alone?

Iceiphoenix
November 17, 2012, 07:54 AM
Congratz on winning best artist again this year!! :confetti

naruto-niichan
November 18, 2012, 04:49 PM
Same as usual, he's abandoning his thread :crying

Googlez_kun
November 18, 2012, 05:48 PM
D:

Wait for it.

lawlett-kun
November 18, 2012, 05:53 PM
googzatron?!

Googlez_kun
November 18, 2012, 05:57 PM
googzatron?!

Yes letty?
Oh, about your set. Details please. :notsure
I remember you wanted someone from Basuke, but only the ava amirite? I was kinda confused since you had one some time later. Made by Shin if I remember correctly.
Is that the one you're talking about?

lawlett-kun
November 18, 2012, 05:59 PM
no i wanted a magi set! Alibaba!

Googlez_kun
November 18, 2012, 07:25 PM
Aaaah, I remember. Great, this will be fun.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Well, the Realism is not what you would usually call exciting or anything like that. I am, though, quite amazed by the richness of words and language. You know, authors like Flaubert and Tolstoj are just so eloquent. Their language is full of color. And it’s figuratively blowing my mind just how vast their knowledge is, like, what they know about fabrics or certain trades, alchemy, etc.…
Speaking of alchemy, maybe you might find Ben Jonson’s play “The Alchemist” to your liking. (That is, if you haven’t read it already.) I’m usually not that much into drama but this one was really cool, IMO!

Lol, yeah, it was the same for me. (Both, the longevity of said feeling of accomplishment and the parties and whatnot.) That was a great time, really.

And I’m happy to hear we share that opinion. It’s kinda my wish to try and establish a certain niche for manga in the academic context, like it already exists in Japan and to smaller extent in the USA. That would be really great.
Manga still do have this – how we would probably call it here – “Dünkel” about them, like this sort of label 'it’s stuff for kids and/or girls in puberty'. Although admittedly this has become a little better in recent times with the “discovery” of the Light Novel as a medium to directly market comics for adults. For example, there are two or three Manga featured in Süddeutsche Zeitung’s Light Novel series: Taniguchi’s Aruku hito (“Der spazierende Mann”, was it?) and Nakazawa’s Hadashi no Gen (“Barfuß durch Hiroshima”) and I think there might have been one by Tezuka, I’m not sure about that last one though. (Might be confusing it with Carlsen Comics’ publishing of BUDDHA as a Light Novel Hardcover Edition.)
But I can understand the publishers. Budget still runs very tight on them, they can hardly afford taking risks, so they have to go with mainstream stuff, which is easily marketable or series akin to earlier hit series. – I think it was Carlsen (or Tokyo Pop Germany) who said they try to squeeze in one more experimental title (i.e. Seinen manga in general) once every quarter of their fiscal year.
Lately, there have been quite a few good serializations in my opinion! TokyoPop went for friggin Punpun and solanin (still think about asking them if they already have a translator for the former…), EMA got themselves LIAR GAME and Carlsen publishes – besides great stuff like Nausicaä’s new edition – Vinland Saga and I Am A Hero. So I think there had been nastier times. :D

German anime industry is a whole different story though. But since I generally don’t really give a shit about anime (I have to cut back somewhere, I already read literally hundreds of manga) I won’t poke my nose into that matter.

Oh, and sure can do! If by then, we’re still both active around MH and build up a peachy bromance we could hang out one time. – Might be nice for you guys to have someone around who knows the language and – hopefully by then – knows some cool spots! : )

Another tl;dr post in your thread. Sorry!
Nice, I'll try to get my hands on The Alchemist.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about the 'discovery', as you named it. While I do appreaciate the thought (I really do. Manga can't possibly keep this annoying image in Germany...), I was never a fan of flipping manga. Furthermore, sometimes you even notice something strange about the panelling or the position of the speech bubbles feels odd. Funny of you to mention those particular manga, at the time you posted this I had just bought Der spazierende Mann and the first volume of Hadashi no Gen.

Yeah, guess it's not that easy for them, though it still bugs me when I see that a popular manga like Eyeshield 21 isn't published, yet, while several midly popular run-of-the-mill battle manga manage to get into the stores. Oh well, as you said, it's getting better. I own the whole Nausicaä collection and I'm getting the I Am A Hero volumes. Recently they started to publish Billy Bat, which I'm also getting. Also bought two great 'Graphic Novels' and plan on buying Liar Game and maybe, just maybe, Vinland Saga, but.....................WOW, SOLANIN???:zomg Haven't heard of THAT yet! And Oyasumi Punpun, to boot?? I think I just wet my pants a little. Hopefully they'll consider publishing other Asano Inio manga. And while they're at it they could show some Shingeki love.

Oh, something that might support those new developments is the expansion of Shonen JUMP Alpha. If I remember correctly, they're planning to bring it to Europe. Germany will most likely be included, I think. Now you just need to look at what it has done for US readers (friggin' Nisekoi is getting licensed) in order to imagine what I'm dreaming of.(Nisekoi, AC, Haikyuu!:wtf)

I'm the very same with anime. Though I wish I could watch some more. There are some great ones out there, but I just can't find the time.

That'd be waaaaay cool! Still don't know if we're actually making this trip. Need to save up some money first.

You only want to become an artist or both manga author and artist?

If you want to become a manga author you better start learning japanese grammar, language, and texts

If you only want to become an artist you should find a good japanese manga author partner
Totally forgot I wrote something like this. :P
I'm fine with being a manga artist here in Germany. That alone would be fantastic!
Something I might consider is going to Japan and drawing there for an author, but even that is far-fetched.

I just noticed that it's called batcave....

are you a batman fan? :zomg
No. /:
Just thought it might sound cool.

Hmm... ich sehe bei Kubo nur einen recht frischen Strich und eine ausgeprägte Liebe für Design. Sein Duktus ist bestenfalls durchschnittlich, das Problem mit den Hintergründen hast du ja bereits erwähnt und schlampig arbeitet der Knabe auch noch. (Mir gefällt z.B. nicht, dass er heutzutage größtenteils auf Schraffuren verzichtet bzw. bestenfalls mal irgendwelche halbherzigen Alibi-Striche setzt, die entfernt sowas wie Plastizität andeuten sollen...)
Und auch weniger allgemein sondern speziell auf Manga gemünzt sehe ich bei ihm Schwächen im Seitenlayout bzw. in der Ausnutzung seiner Panels. Das wirkt oftmals zu willkürlich (reihenweise nichtssagende Augenpanels mit Schlafzimmerblick), als müsse er Platz schinden, um möglichst wenig Inhalt in ein Kapitel zu packen. Der Seitenaufbau ähnelt dem eines Storyboards. -- Das ist prinzipiell natürlich nix verwerfliches. Gekiga arbeitet ja quasi ausschließlich mit derartigem Layout. Nur lässt hier halt das Gesamtniveau von Kubos Zeichnungen – zu einem Teil sicherlich auch dem wöchentlichen Erscheinungsrhythmus seiner Serie geschuldet – deutlich zu wünschen übrig. Den rauchen Gekiga-Größen sowas von in der Pfeife... :amuse

Aber über Geschmack lässt sich ja bekanntlich streiten. Macht aber Spaß sich mit einem Künstler über derartiges auszutauschen, da ich selbst halt eher der (Kunst-)Theoretiker bin.

// Thought I should better put that here because it got longer than intended and too much Tsherman might scare the others away. xD

Warte, lass mich ein bisschen in Bleach rumblättern (mein Bruder besitzt die ganze Sammlung), bevor ich das beantworte.

Ich denke der Begriff 'Storyboard' trifft es ziemlich gut. Anfangs sah die Sache noch anders aus. Man hat gemerkt, dass Kubo sich Mühe gibt und viel Arbeit in seinen Manga steckt. Meiner Meinung nach waren die Zeichnungen dadurch allerdings etwas zu steif (obwohl sie so natürlich viel markanter waren). Mit der Zeit änderte sich das und seine Zeichnungen wurden leichter und, wie ich es immer empfand, fluffiger. Nur war es in meinen Augen kein Ausbruch aus dem etwas steiferem Zeichenstil, sondern pure Faulheit. Die Hintergründe wurden einfacher (Hueco Mundo....also bitte, Kubo) und, wie du bereits erwähntest, litt der Seitenaufbau. Was er da aufs Blatt bringt sind praktisch Skizzen. Ich denke, im Gegensatz zu früher, lässt er es jetzt einfach laufen. Ohne Plan was kommen soll. So erkläre ich mir sein scheinbar willkürliches Layout. Jedenfalls denke ich, dass diese Herangehensweise ein zweischneidiges Schwert ist. Einerseits kann er auf diese Weise eine gewisse Atmosphäre schaffen, in die man unwillkürlich eingesaugt wird, andererseits, wie es bei Kubo oft der Fall ist, kann das ordentlich in die Hose gehen, sodass man mit überflüssigen Seiten konfrontiert wird, die einem schnurz sind. Bei einem wöchentlichen Manga tut das besonders weh.
Achja, außerdem ist Kubo....ja, Kubo eben. Der versteht einfach nicht, dass Inhalt in ein Kapitel gehört.

Ein weiterer Nachteil dieses einfachen, fast schon schlampigen Zeichenstils ist die teilweise unklare Bildsprache. Dadurch leidet der Lesefluss unglaublich, da man ständig vor der Aufgabe steht zu Entschlüsseln was Kubo dem Leser mit dem Panel sagen will. Oft weiß man einfach nicht was dargestellt wird. Sowas darf nicht passieren.

So, mehr fällt mir grad nicht ein. (:

(Can't be bothered to proofread it now.)

Iceiphoenix
November 22, 2012, 07:20 AM
DAT TEXT WALL! :arf

Wow, that was more hardcore than the convos Haze and I used to have. :XD

goldb
November 22, 2012, 10:09 AM
DAT TEXT WALL! :arf

Wow, that was more hardcore than the convos Haze and I used to have. :XD

Nothing. Nothing compares to the convos you and Haze used to have; the tl;dr sent me away from both your threads :nowant

Where is Henry these days? he should be finished with his year too right?

naruto-niichan
November 22, 2012, 03:33 PM
Where is Henry these days? he should be finished with his year too right?

Henry....?

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

AnoHana film teaser :zomg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sMH1gUWUyU&feature=player_embedded

Googlez_kun
November 22, 2012, 03:59 PM
Oh, I remember something like that. I agree with Bob, this is nothing. When I saw your convos I was all 'wtf????'.

@nii-chan
I knoooooooow! I didn't understand shit, but it looked so cool! Loved how they did it.
Get the tissues ready, Kevin, this is gonna be some dramatic shit.:crying

naruto-niichan
November 22, 2012, 04:24 PM
@nii-chan I knoooooooow! I didn't understand shit, but it looked so cool! Loved how they did it.

I already ordered a huge bunch of tissues for the day it's released :3c

but god, if you look at how much time went by before they announced I'm definitely expecting something great. A recap with additional scenes would be horrible.

Googlez_kun
November 22, 2012, 04:37 PM
That's actually what I'm a little afraid of. I have no clue where they're heading with this. What we saw in Anohana was a complete story with no room for a second season.

A recap with additional material would be a little dissapointing, yeah...

Imperium
November 22, 2012, 04:38 PM

I already ordered a huge bunch of tissues for the day it's released :3c

I didnt know you guys enjoyed doing that with 2D characters. Which girl is the hottest in that anime?

naruto-niichan
November 22, 2012, 05:01 PM
I didnt know you guys enjoyed doing that with 2D characters. Which girl is the hottest in that anime?

Nonono, no girl can beat Menma's little brother!

lawlett-kun
December 02, 2012, 02:11 PM
wow niichan is such a sissy

---------- Post added December 02, 2012 at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was November 22, 2012 at 04:18 PM ----------

googz hows my set coming?

Googlez_kun
December 02, 2012, 02:54 PM
working on it, but far from completion

or rather, worked on it a bit and will continue doing so now that you reminded me of it.

lawlett-kun
December 02, 2012, 02:54 PM
das ist no problem

Imperium
December 02, 2012, 03:54 PM
Googlez how is my set?

Googlez_kun
December 02, 2012, 04:08 PM
You shocked me there for a second. :P

Imperium
December 02, 2012, 04:14 PM
Ha...Ha...Of course. A joke...It was all a joke. I didnt mean the surrealist one about the eiffel tower and...of course, just a joke.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh55/therealtsumi88/temp/MrT-SingleTear.gif

Googlez_kun
December 02, 2012, 04:17 PM
Oh shit, now I remember. :lmao

I make too many promises....

goldb
December 02, 2012, 07:49 PM
Oh shit, now I remember. :lmao

I make too many promises....

*taps foot impatiently.....:notrust*

Adorien
December 03, 2012, 05:52 AM
Hey, Googz! How are you?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me3529DJIk1qikhaoo1_r3_1280.jpg (http://seokim.tumblr.com/post/36591689967/im-a-drawer)

digitaldude
December 03, 2012, 05:58 AM
They took him to the junkyard....he was empty inside, not a pencil or piece of paper in sight. *tear*

lawlett-kun
December 03, 2012, 08:23 AM
korean guy draw this...kekekeke

digitaldude
December 03, 2012, 08:45 AM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/318/1/8/brian_oakes_and_seo_kim_carica_by_jubhubmubfub-d32tc3w.jpg

wizzard
December 03, 2012, 10:48 AM
wut da...

naruto-niichan
December 03, 2012, 05:18 PM
Abandoning his thread again? <___<

dude, did you read the first part of the Kurapika Oneshot?

Googlez_kun
December 03, 2012, 05:29 PM
It's because you guys always come demanding stuff. ;__; (Bob, making a lineart for an OP panel sucks biiig time!)

Yeah, I did. Funny set-up chapter, nothing more though. And the art was rather lackluster (not counting the CP...that was AWESOME).
I wonder what a D Hunter is. That chick seemed rather suspicious. Do you think the Outside World parallel was intended?

wizzard
December 03, 2012, 07:30 PM
:kukuku

Googlez_kun
December 06, 2012, 07:15 PM
Hey, Googz! How are you?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me3529DJIk1qikhaoo1_r3_1280.jpg (http://seokim.tumblr.com/post/36591689967/im-a-drawer)

Woops, sorry for replying only now.

I'm fine, couldn't be better. Or well, I could do more with all the time I have, but other than that, everything just works. (:
What about you?

(Extremely awesome picture btw. >___>)

Adorien
December 06, 2012, 07:24 PM
Good for you! I guess?

I'm fine, the usual stuff, also, moving to another apartment. No, not alone, with my family.

And whaaaat, I thought it was funny and it'd make you laugh. xD

Googlez_kun
December 06, 2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah, really good for me.^^
What change will that bring?

It was and it did. :P I made that face because it was too cute for me to bear. Something like that. Hope you get what I mean.

naruto-niichan
December 11, 2012, 05:37 PM
Just wanted to say that the new HxH chap is out googz, because you probably won't check my thread :p

Googlez_kun
December 11, 2012, 06:13 PM
I was actually waiting for a response there you know! But thanks for dropping by.:p

wizzard
December 15, 2012, 01:55 AM
Buzzz.

Adorien
January 07, 2013, 05:18 PM
Revive!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/7ec9d8bc7f91c70070d9bc41a0e40ffc/tumblr_mg9ax2BTQN1r19wqeo1_500.gif

Googlez_kun
January 07, 2013, 05:50 PM
:zomg

Woah, I need to watch Adventureeee Time! Do you know a good streaming site?

Adorien
January 07, 2013, 06:00 PM
:zomg

Woah, I need to watch Adventureeee Time! Do you know a good streaming site?

I don't use streaming sites, so ask yourself! I mean Google. xD

goldb
January 08, 2013, 07:38 AM
How's the OP pages coming along Googlez? :3c

Googlez_kun
January 08, 2013, 08:02 AM
Oh, I think I have the one with Monet finished. Almost. Need to check again, haven't worked digitally in ages, but I'm forced to do so because of work now anyway.

goldb
January 08, 2013, 08:14 AM
Ok, once you post that one, I'll send you the next batch. No slacking off! :ck

How's work going btw?

Evil3ye
January 08, 2013, 10:21 AM
YOU've been picked by the roughest jury of MH to participate in the contest of Lucia's heart. CONGRATULATIONS and good luck!

Googlez_kun
January 08, 2013, 10:44 AM

How's work going btw?
But OP panels are a bitch to color. D:
Got Monet's hair done. Only the wings are left. >__>

Nothing happened because of holidays. He wanted to contact me, but there were communication problems, apparently. Anyhow, he called me today and we have a meeting on Friday. From then on I will start working seriously.

YOU've been picked by the roughest jury of MH to participate in the contest of Lucia's heart. CONGRATULATIONS and good luck!

What did I get myself into. :notsure

naruto-niichan
January 08, 2013, 12:59 PM
Posting a little reminder here :heh

And glad you enjoyed Chu2, I knew we have a similar taste :3c

Googlez_kun
January 08, 2013, 01:14 PM
As soon as I saw you liked my post in the Chu2 thread I knew you'd post here. :D
Great show, wanted to finish it before replying to your post.

digitaldude
January 08, 2013, 01:19 PM
How many shows are you watching this season googlez?

naruto-niichan
January 08, 2013, 01:33 PM
As soon as I saw you liked my post in the Chu2 thread I knew you'd post here. :D
Great show, wanted to finish it before replying to your post.

Haha yeah, when I saw you posting there I immediately checked it :lmao
Looking forward to some detailed thoughts on the show from you :cheez

Xadyu
January 08, 2013, 01:39 PM
What's going on here? :notsure

digitaldude
January 08, 2013, 01:41 PM

Niichan grooming another young boy....first jorped and now googlez.

Googlez_kun
January 08, 2013, 02:00 PM
How many shows are you watching this season googlez?
None. Chu2 was an exception. I rarely ever watch anime.
Though I might pick a show up. Is there anything promising?

Haha yeah, when I saw you posting there I immediately checked it :lmao
Looking forward to some detailed thoughts on the show from you :cheez
Beware, the post will be looooong.

Yaoi.

digitaldude
January 08, 2013, 02:09 PM
Chihayafuru and robotics notes.

Googlez_kun
January 08, 2013, 02:15 PM
Haven't even watched Steins;Gate, yet, so watching Robotics;Notes wouldn't be a good idea, I guess?

Will give Chihayafuru a shot, though.

Xadyu
January 08, 2013, 02:28 PM
Haven't even watched Steins;Gate, yet, so watching Robotics;Notes wouldn't be a good idea, I guess?

Will give Chihayafuru a shot, though.That wouldn't matter, it's like saying you haven't watch ChäoS;HEAd so you can't watch Steins;Gate yet.
All three anime are different settings, I'm not even sure how they are related, but it won't matter which you watch or which you don't watch.

naruto-niichan
January 08, 2013, 02:30 PM

Will give Chihayafuru a shot, though.

Are you nuts? :XD Steins;Gate is one of the best series of the last decade, an absolutely amazing work. Before you watch anything, you should give SG a try.
Excuse my outburst but wtf :p

It's not necessary to see Steins;Gate if you want to watch Robotics;Notes though, they play in the same universe but that's about it. There might be some little connection here and there but (as of now) nothing really important.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Beware, the post will be looooong.

I'm excited :heh

digitaldude
January 08, 2013, 02:33 PM
That wouldn't matter, it's like saying you haven't watch ChäoS;HEAd so you can't watch Steins;Gate yet.
All three anime are different settings, I'm not even sure how they are related, but it won't matter which you watch or which you don't watch.

but the references!!

goldb
January 08, 2013, 02:34 PM
But OP panels are a bitch to color. D:
Got Monet's hair done. Only the wings are left. >__>

Nothing happened because of holidays. He wanted to contact me, but there were communication problems, apparently. Anyhow, he called me today and we have a meeting on Friday. From then on I will start working seriously.

:verily

How did the previous project go in the end?

Xadyu
January 08, 2013, 02:36 PM
Are you nuts? :XD Steins;Gate is one of the best series of the last decade, an absolutely amazing work. Before you watch anything, you should give SG a try.

It's not necessary to see Steins;Gate if you want to watch Robotics;Notes though, they play in the same universe but that's about it. There might be some little connection here and there but (as of now) nothing really important.
Don't say that, Niichan.

Sure, it's a good series. But never recommend a series claiming it's 'one of the best series of the last decade' or 'an absolutely amazing work'.
That's something hyped people or fanboys say. Which, you might be one of, since you're easily hyped.

Googlez_kun
January 08, 2013, 02:45 PM
That wouldn't matter, it's like saying you haven't watch ChäoS;HEAd so you can't watch Steins;Gate yet.
Good. I didn't know, hence the question mark.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

I'm excited :heh
Hm, guess Steins;Gate is next on my list then. I watched the first two episodes when it started airing. Dropped it because I have difficulties watching anime weekly. Now that it's finished I'll finish it in one go.

:verily

How did the previous project go in the end?
Err....Well, it's still the same project....the progress is pretty slow. Hope we can finish it in January.

Xadyu
January 08, 2013, 02:47 PM
Did you ever watch my recommendations, Goo!? :o

Googlez_kun
January 08, 2013, 02:52 PM
Which?

Xadyu
January 08, 2013, 02:54 PM
Which?
I can't remember. The ones I recommended the last time I was in this thread. :oh

But I bet you didn't! :crying

Googlez_kun
January 08, 2013, 03:04 PM
Hmm, I'll look into the matter.

naruto-niichan
January 08, 2013, 03:07 PM
Don't say that, Niichan.

Sure, it's a good series. But never recommend a series claiming it's 'one of the best series of the last decade' or 'an absolutely amazing work'.
That's something hyped people or fanboys say. Which, you might be one of, since you're easily hyped.

If you think that's something I easily say than you don't know me.
I really enjoyed Chuu2 but I would never make the same judgement. I loved AnoHana but I wouldn't make the same statement either. Naruto still is one of the series I'm looking forward to the most, though I'm well aware that there are countless better series out there. Just because I'm hyped about something doesn't mean I shout "It's the best series ever" :XD

Obviously that doesn't mean that everyone agrees with me about Steins;Gate being "one of the best series of the last decade" but I haven't found anyone who disliked the series or would call it average. That in itself speaks for the series and it's immense quality.

Hm, guess Steins;Gate is next on my list then. I watched the first two episodes when it started airing. Dropped it because I have difficulties watching anime weekly. Now that it's finished I'll finish it in one go.

The start isn't anything remarkable, though the characters are amazingly weird right from the start. Even Naomi loved it XD Don't want to spoil you with anything but I'm pretty sure you will like the show.

digitaldude
January 08, 2013, 03:20 PM
Is naomi a fierce anime critic?

Googlez_kun
January 08, 2013, 03:26 PM
I really enjoyed Chuu2 but I would never make the same judgement. I loved AnoHana but I wouldn't make the same statement either. Naruto still is one of the series I'm looking forward to the most, though I'm well aware that there are countless better series out there. Just because I'm hyped about something doesn't mean I shout "It's the best series ever" :XD

Obviously that doesn't mean that everyone agrees with me about Steins;Gate being "one of the best series of the last decade" but I haven't found anyone who disliked the series or would call it average. That in itself speaks for the series and it's immense quality.

The start isn't anything remarkable, though the characters are amazingly weird right from the start. Even Naomi loved it XD Don't want to spoil you with anything but I'm pretty sure you will like the show.
Don't worry, I understand. (:

Yeah, I remember them being pretty screwed in the head. Especially that professor with his strange laugh.

Xadyu
January 08, 2013, 03:31 PM
Hmm, I'll look into the matter.
Or maybe in my thread, I can't remember. :oh

That's where you are right. I have no idea who you are. You are still one of those FF newbies to me and we've never actually had any decent interaction between each other, so yes, I don't know you.

And sure, I agree it being a great series but there are tons of people who say the series is bad. You're just not seeing it. I assume.
Also, most people that think it's bad, probably haven't seen it or just say it to anger the fans. Just like how a lot of people like it for the wrong reasons too.

I wouldn't care less if you actually claimed it's the best thing ever created and you value your downloaded episodes even more than your life.
I don't give a fuck.

I was just saying, that if you recommend something, never say something like that, because either, the person thinks you're a bitch and doesn't try it or the person tries it and it doesn't live up to his or her's expectations.

That's how a lot of good/overrated series get underrated and how bad/average shows get overrated. One of the best examples is still, Death Note. I haven't seen the anime, but I've seen the recap specials and I've read the manga. Amazing series. But one of the most overrated pieces that's out there, why?

I still have no fucking idea. :oh

I know I am. :oh

naruto-niichan
January 08, 2013, 03:58 PM

No, just amazingly weird too :hee

Don't worry, I understand. (:

Yeah, I remember them being pretty screwed in the head. Especially that professor with his strange laugh.

Then that's good :hurr

Yeah XD though they may appear weirder than they actually are.

That's where you are right. I have no idea who you are. You are still one of those FF newbies to me and we've never actually had any decent interaction between each other, so yes, I don't know you.

And sure, I agree it being a great series but there are tons of people who say the series is bad. You're just not seeing it. I assume.
Also, most people that think it's bad, probably haven't seen it or just say it to anger the fans. Just like how a lot of people like it for the wrong reasons too.

I wouldn't care less if you actually claimed it's the best thing ever created and you value your downloaded episodes even more than your life.
I don't give a fuck.

I was just saying, that if you recommend something, never say something like that, because either, the person thinks you're a bitch and doesn't try it or the person tries it and it doesn't live up to his or her's expectations.

That's how a lot of good/overrated series get underrated and how bad/average shows get overrated. One of the best examples is still, Death Note. I haven't seen the anime, but I've seen the recap specials and I've read the manga. Amazing series. But one of the most overrated pieces that's out there, why?

I still have no fucking idea. :oh

The difference is that I mean people I know or who I've talked to before (thus can judge their taste a bit). People know me so they know how to take my words or recommendations, at least most of them.

Same goes for who is talking bad about the series. I don't know who does but I don't know them so I don't really care that much. I'm mainly talking about Mangahelpers here, not the whole word.

And hey, we can start talking here and spam googlez thread :cookiehand

Xadyu
January 08, 2013, 04:08 PM
And hey, we can start talking here and spam googlez thread :cookiehand
Sure, it's the only thread out here I visit, with this being my first time in a year or so, I don't know you good enough to bother visiting yours.

And no one visits mine.

Any winter anime's you're planning on following?

naruto-niichan
January 08, 2013, 04:15 PM
Already dropping the discussion on SG? :o though I guess there isn't much more to say XD

Sure, it's the only thread out here I visit, with this being my first time in a year or so, I don't know you good enough to bother visiting yours.

And no one visits mine.

Any winter anime's you're planning on following?

Haha, fine with me :hee

So far I've tried OreShura and Maou Yuusha, both weren't that impressive but not bad enough to drop them yet.

The other ones I will give a try are Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, Tamako Market, Vividred Operation and Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
And I will definitely watch the second season of Chihayafuru. What about you?

Xadyu
January 08, 2013, 04:23 PM
Already dropping the discussion on SG? :o though I guess there isn't much more to say XD

So far I've tried OreShura and Maou Yuusha, both weren't that impressive but not bad enough to drop them yet.

The other ones I will give a try are Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, Tamako Market, Vividred Operation and Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
And I will definitely watch the second season of Chihayafuru. What about you?Yes, I'm dropping that, we weren't talking about the series specifically either. Besides, I'm not even half-way and I don't want to talk about something that could potentially spoil me in any way.

Everything you said makes no sense. What are these animes? I've never heard of them before. :oh

I don't watch much anime anymore, but I'm carefully catching up, currently I'm just watching Kuroko (just started, 3 eps in).
Didn't pay much attention to announcements, and most of what you said, is unknown to.

Do you have an accurate list of the 2012/13 winter anime? Because I'm totally clueless of the top of my head right now.

naruto-niichan
January 08, 2013, 04:37 PM
Yes, I'm dropping that, we weren't talking about the series specifically either. Besides, I'm not even half-way and I don't want to talk about something that could potentially spoil me in any way.

Everything you said makes no sense. What are these animes? I've never heard of them before. :oh

I don't watch much anime anymore, but I'm carefully catching up, currently I'm just watching Kuroko (just started, 3 eps in).
Didn't pay much attention to announcements, and most of what you said, is unknown to.

Do you have an accurate list of the 2012/13 winter anime? Because I'm totally clueless of the top of my head right now.

Oh I see. Well I won't spoil you but I'm sure you will have fun.

I thought you had a clue of what's airing this season, sorry :XD Kuroko is not a bad choice, Production I.G. did an excellent job with the adaption. Story-wise you shouldn't expect much (though I guess you can figure by now) but it's some pretty good entertainment.

Here's my MAL list, should give you a clue what I like etc. :p

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Naruto-niichan

And here is the chart of the winter season:

http://i4.minus.com/iZFOCe6g39qCK.jpg

but you seriously don't know Chihayafuru? :oh

Xadyu
January 08, 2013, 04:48 PM
Oh I see. Well I won't spoil you but I'm sure you will have fun.

I thought you had a clue of what's airing this season, sorry :XD Kuroko is not a bad choice, Production I.G. did an excellent job with the adaption. Story-wise you shouldn't expect much (though I guess you can figure by now) but it's some pretty good entertainment.

Here's my MAL list, should give you a clue what I like etc. :p

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Naruto-niichan

And here is the chart of the winter season:

http://i4.minus.com/iZFOCe6g39qCK.jpg

but you seriously don't know Chihayafuru? :ohI starting reading Kuroko's manga since the first chapter was released until the scanlators dropped it because no one besides me cared. Until all of a sudden an anime was announced. >_>

Chihayafuru, well, I do, only by name though.

First look in, I'm going for the not so serious stuff, since I have enough live-action drama to watch at the moment, so that's shows like;

Senran Kagura, Senyuu and Beast Saga. But I'm definitely planning on watching Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman.

I'm never afraid to touch a movie, so that'll be all of them, especially the obvious choices like OP, HxH and Berserk. But I'm also looking forward to Kaiketsu Zorori Da-Da-Da-Daibouken!.

And then there's Ao no Exorcist and the Index movie. I didn't take a look at the OVA's.

Here are mine lists.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ilyao
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Ilyao

digitaldude
January 08, 2013, 04:50 PM
Comparing your otaku cocks?

I don't really like this season...will watch one episode of everything and see what sticks.

Tamako market and vividred are the only ones I think about following til the end.

Xadyu
January 08, 2013, 06:20 PM
Comparing your otaku cocks?
It's been ages since I whipped my otaku dick out, it won't be any good nowadays anymore.

xi0
January 08, 2013, 08:30 PM

How's work going btw?

Dude, wtf are you having him do? Color every OP chapter?!

Or maybe in my thread, I can't remember. :oh

I don't give a fuck.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/070/9/9/angry_video_game_nerd_gif__by_deviantthebassist-d4sexak.gif

goldb
January 08, 2013, 09:19 PM
Dude, wtf are you having him do? Color every OP chapter?!

What? God no....just every Zoro panel since the timeskip :derp

xi0
January 08, 2013, 09:38 PM
What? God no....just every Zoro panel since the timeskip :derp

WTF why? What for?

goldb
January 08, 2013, 09:42 PM
Pay attention the derp. :edu

I just sent him my fave Zoro panels from the timeskip and he chooses which ones to do. Then he also wanted other panels, which I'll send after he's done with whatever he's finishing now.

xi0
January 08, 2013, 10:00 PM
Pay attention the derp. :edu

I just sent him my fave Zoro panels from the timeskip and he chooses which ones to do. Then he also wanted other panels, which I'll send after he's done with whatever he's finishing now.

You're selfish

goldb
January 08, 2013, 10:09 PM
You're selfish

You say that like I forced his hand :gwah

xi0
January 09, 2013, 12:46 AM

But you've used him the most :8C

I was just waiting on some tweaks and an avatar to go with something. I was just kidding, but it does seem like he's always doing something for you :twitch

Xadyu
January 09, 2013, 03:13 AM
I'm surprised Gary didn't say something about you forcing Goo's hand. :oh

goldb
January 09, 2013, 04:22 AM
But you've used him the most :8C

I was just waiting on some tweaks and an avatar to go with something. I was just kidding, but it does seem like he's always doing something for you :twitch

I'm always reminding him to do something but the last thing I've had from him would be the only thing I've had from him; the sig he made me some time last year.

Xadyu
January 09, 2013, 04:24 AM
I never got anything. :(

I guess being BFF's doesn't mean anything anymore these days. :crying

xi0
January 09, 2013, 04:38 AM
I'm always reminding him to do something but the last thing I've had from him would be the only thing I've had from him; the sig he made me some time last year.

Your having him color Zoro panels for some reason :notsure

Xadyu
January 09, 2013, 04:42 AM
IT'S FOR THE GOOD OF ALL OF US! :arf

xi0
January 09, 2013, 04:45 AM
Well hey...I'm not complaining about anything the Googz does, but I think he's abusing him :noworry

goldb
January 09, 2013, 05:17 AM

:comfort

LOL he wanted to colour some other stuff after he did the Nami/Monet piece but couldn't decide, so I chose Zoro cos well....it benefits me :hee

xi0
January 09, 2013, 05:27 AM
What Nami/Monet piece? :gwah

goldb
January 09, 2013, 05:29 AM
This (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/79631-One-Piece-Ch.686-Nami) one. Well Monet isn't really in it, just her snow ability.

Googlez_kun
January 09, 2013, 10:47 AM
Here Bob: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/80964-One-Piece-Ch.678-Zoro?p=3241667#post3241667
-__-

goldb
January 09, 2013, 03:39 PM
Here Bob: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/80964-One-Piece-Ch.678-Zoro?p=3241667#post3241667
-__-

http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/smilies/0/a/eyepop.001.gif

Oh my.....'dfgdfh'ghgfh'@@"! :zomg

xi0
January 10, 2013, 06:26 AM
NOW LEAVE HIM ALONE!!

Googlez_kun
January 12, 2013, 03:05 PM

We're BFFs? :zomg

Xadyu
January 12, 2013, 07:39 PM
We're BFFs? :zomg
That's what I used to think..

But I'm not sure anymore. :crying

Googlez_kun
January 13, 2013, 02:29 AM
If that's the case....Any requests?:blush

Xadyu
January 14, 2013, 08:40 AM
How about painting your mother like one of my french girls?

Evil3ye
January 14, 2013, 08:47 AM
Googles, Xadyu often fantasizing about being your brother, Thomasz Buda, so that means in that scenario he is seeing his mother as yours too, just so you know. And the request of painint your mother, so basically his own, shows some new weird affections of his again. That's kind of disturbing. But hey! Let's not judge!

Googlez_kun
January 14, 2013, 08:52 AM
I actually like the sound of that.

Xadyu
January 16, 2013, 04:54 AM
PM sent. :3c

lawlett-kun
January 16, 2013, 07:41 AM
i hope you will be able to complete my lil request by 2014 -_-

xi0
January 17, 2013, 02:14 AM
i hope you will be able to complete my lil request by 2014 -_-

He's forgotten about me too. It's alright, we still have each other :blush

lawlett-kun
January 17, 2013, 06:50 AM
no TaT

naruto-niichan
January 17, 2013, 12:37 PM
You still didn't answer my post nor did you write anything about Chun2 :nah

Xadyu
January 17, 2013, 12:50 PM
You still didn't answer my post nor did you write anything about Chun2 :nah
Did you check my lists? :arf

naruto-niichan
January 17, 2013, 01:00 PM
Did you check my lists? :arf

List? Sorry I forgot Xad :sweatdrop

Xadyu
January 17, 2013, 01:11 PM
List? Sorry I forgot Xad :sweatdrop
I know. :-_-

naruto-niichan
January 17, 2013, 01:28 PM
Will check later :p

Xadyu
January 17, 2013, 02:10 PM
Will check later :p

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4338f310964d581e9dc61f6a7831966b/tumblr_mfpo2eUwYP1qgpdd0o1_250.jpg

naruto-niichan
January 17, 2013, 06:07 PM
Mind sharing the list again? I'm too lazy to look for it :XD

Xadyu
January 17, 2013, 06:15 PM
Mind sharing the list again? I'm too lazy to look for it :XD

http://24.media.tumblr.com/08280be59ca287691a3b3f388a9de6a9/tumblr_mgsljocKq21rei3b9o1_500.gif

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

naruto-niichan
January 18, 2013, 07:46 AM

Is that all you watch/read? :oh way too short to say anything

digitaldude
January 18, 2013, 07:48 AM
OH SNAP! niichan threw down the gauntlet!

Also you watching chihayafuru googlez?

Xadyu
January 18, 2013, 07:48 AM
Is that all you watch/read? :oh way too short to say anything
I'm rather busy at the moment, every manga that is on-hold, I actually read to, but on and off at the moment.

Check the whole lists or something. It's not just about that. :arf

naruto-niichan
January 18, 2013, 08:02 AM
I'm rather busy at the moment, every manga that is on-hold, I actually read to, but on and off at the moment.

Check the whole lists or something. It's not just about that. :arf

Lol okay you read/watched more than me, can't be bothered to go through these freaking long lists :XD Feels like there was a time where you did nothing but to watch anime and read manga :oh

Xadyu
January 18, 2013, 08:06 AM
Lol okay you read/watched more than me, can't be bothered to go through these freaking long lists :XD Feels like there was a time where you did nothing but to watch anime and read manga :oh
It's called life.

naruto-niichan
January 18, 2013, 08:08 AM
It's called life.

Sounds like a great life :lmao

digitaldude
January 18, 2013, 08:09 AM
I think you misunderstood, niichan.

naruto-niichan
January 18, 2013, 11:41 AM
I think you misunderstood, niichan.

Help me!

digitaldude
January 18, 2013, 11:55 AM
I wish I could.

Adorien
January 19, 2013, 03:37 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ed64db78781e3b084a7ef1fc0c239360/tumblr_mglkgcpesR1qzvtwio1_500.gif

naruto-niichan
January 20, 2013, 05:47 PM
Gooooooglez! :bored

goldb
January 21, 2013, 05:37 AM
LOL I wonder how long he'll keep away, or if he's unsubbed from his own thread :XD

Xadyu
January 21, 2013, 07:01 AM
Goo is so high of himself all the time.

Fuck that guy.

naruto-niichan
January 21, 2013, 11:16 AM
LOL I wonder how long he'll keep away, or if he's unsubbed from his own thread :XD

Probably just thinking hard about some artsy stuff, he doesn't have the time for social interaction.

digitaldude
January 21, 2013, 11:19 AM
Do you guys think googlez will be the most famous ffer? he probably is already.

xi0
January 21, 2013, 11:27 AM
Do you guys think googlez will be the most famous ffer? he probably is already.

Orgz is

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Oh no...Mazino might be

digitaldude
January 21, 2013, 11:28 AM
What does orgz do?

xi0
January 21, 2013, 11:44 AM
What does orgz do?

He's a musician...didn't you see his newest pic?! He's Rum Tug Tugger or some shit!

digitaldude
January 21, 2013, 11:46 AM
He's a musician...didn't you see his newest pic?! He's Rum Tug Tugger or some shit!

Nope I did not! lemme check.

Ah he is a furry now!

xi0
January 21, 2013, 12:00 PM
Nope I did not! lemme check.

Ah he is a furry now!

Probably...

*Bonerism*

goldb
January 21, 2013, 12:01 PM
Orgz is

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Oh no...Mazino might be

What does Mazino do?

xi0
January 21, 2013, 12:08 PM
What does Mazino do?

He plays soccer for a lower division club. I think he played pro in Croatia, and plays semipro in Germany.

digitaldude
January 21, 2013, 12:11 PM
He plays soccer for a lower division club. I think he played pro in Croatia, and plays semipro in Germany.

but googlez had that over 9000 notes tumblr thing...

goldb
January 21, 2013, 12:11 PM
Croatia :derp

Just kidding, that's actually kinda awesome :nod.

digitaldude
January 21, 2013, 12:12 PM
Croatia has a great national team, the league is not so good.

xi0
January 21, 2013, 12:14 PM
but googlez had that over 9000 notes tumblr thing...

He's a tumblr noob!

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Croatia has a great national team, the league is not so good.

Eh, I wouldn't say they're great, but they're better than you'd expect considering the quality of their league for sure.

digitaldude
January 21, 2013, 12:15 PM
He's a tumblr noob!

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Eh, I wouldn't say they're great, but they're better than you'd expect considering the quality of their league for sure.

Yeah, dinamo Zagreb embarrass themselves every year in Champions League.

xi0
January 21, 2013, 12:17 PM
Yeah, dinamo Zagreb embarrass themselves every year in Champions League.

They sorta remind me of Belgium's team and their league.

digitaldude
January 21, 2013, 12:18 PM
They sorta remind me of Belgium's team and their league.

Belgium league is quite though...

goldb
January 21, 2013, 12:20 PM
Belgium league is quite though...

But their national team have quality top league players. Sometimes I wonder how they would've faired had they qualified for the Euros.