PDA

View Full Version : Hisagi Shūhei vs Kuna Mashiro

igotthegoods
January 19, 2011, 12:52 AM
Hisagi vs. Mashiro

http://static.mangahelpers.com/gallery-previews/13813.jpg

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
Hisagi

Hisagi Shūhei is the 9th division vice-captain. Following the teachings of his former captain, he fears the destructive power of the sword and often shares his philosophical beliefs with opponents. He wears a choker and armbands that can be used as explosives. He is proficient in all fours areas of shinigami combat. The shikai of his zanpakutō, Kazeshini, takes the form, which Hisagi dislikes, of two pinwheel-esque, double-sided scythes used as projectiles and connected by a chain.this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
Mashiro

Kuna Mashiro is the former lieutenant of the 9th Division under Kensei. She is a somewhat carefree-crazy girl who is prone to throwing fits for the smallest of things. Mashiro's hollow power gives her exceptional physical strength. Mashiro loves to engage in battle by combining her physical strength and hollow power rather than using her zanpakutō, whose name is still unknown.this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Omiem
January 27, 2011, 12:12 AM
I'd say Mashiro wins, seeing how she basically one shotted Fura with a simple kick. So the strength advantage would go to her. She also seems to be pretty proficient at Hakuda, so fighting her at CQC will be a huge disadvantage for Hisagi. Not to mention her speed, ceros, and durability. So yeah, I would put Mashiro well above most VC level fighters like Hisagi.

Jackk
January 27, 2011, 12:20 AM
Mashiro is stronger and I think she has higher speed, higher reiatsu etc. (she was VC 100+ years ago, trained all this time, and becoming a vaizard broke her shinigami/hollow barrier giving her a new limit. Hachi also stated that they had a special hybrid reiatsu that was similar to that of hollows, which even allowed him to create new hybrid abilities)

The rules state that we should expect the fighters here to try their hardest to win. Seriously, I don't see how Hisagi can stand a chance here. Mashiro is significantly superior.

conn-man
January 27, 2011, 12:33 AM
This is a simple but awesome match up. Mashiro is obviously a lot stronger, knocking down gillians, one shotting the giant blob of Fura and hitting hard enough to keep Wonderweiss quiet for a few minutes. Also speed, cero and long mask time will make her a full time threat.

Hisagi on the other hand is also fast, has a strong Bakudo and is very skilled with Kazeshini. I don't think Mashiro will handle getting cut to well but hollow mask could help that.

I can't decide yet, I'll see what everyone else thinks.

Takahashi
January 27, 2011, 12:42 AM
I hate Mashiro, she's an idiot, but she's got one hell of a kick.

I like that Hisagi was finally able to show some skill, and having two victories in FKT doesn't hurt. His showing against Allon was also impressive considering what he was up against.

Still, Fura fucking popped like a balloon, and she went toe to toe with WW and was clearly better while she had her mask.

Unless she's an idiot and drags it out to complain how she's hungry or something until her mask breaks, she'll win.

AlB
January 27, 2011, 01:04 AM
Mashiro owns Hisagi. no doubt about that. I agree with Takahashi, unless she starts playing with him Hisagi will be decimated. he has nothing on her crazy-ass hollowfied kicks.

and all the pounding she gave WW was also amazing. sure, ultimately he won, but unless Hisagi's screams cancel out ceros and masks he loses :D

Random101
January 27, 2011, 01:18 AM
Mashiro, no question. Any vice captain is going to bare minimum need a bankai with much higher level capacities to be able to even approach a Vizard VC in combat from what's currently shown. Hisagi's melee. Granted ranged melee, but it's still bloody melee, and Mashiro's fast and has a nasty kick, probably the most impressive of the absolutely pitiful vizard showings in the Arrancar arc, bar obviously Hachi.

Gran Maestro
January 27, 2011, 04:22 AM
Mashiro wins but I think Hisagi puts up a good fight before going down. Mashiro is without a zanpakuto, Hisagi has a mid-range shikai, fast reflexes and kido which may give Mashiro some trouble.

Takahashi
January 27, 2011, 04:24 AM
Mashiro wins but I think Hisagi puts up a good fight before going down. Mashiro is without a zanpakuto, Hisagi has a mid-range shikai, fast reflexes and kido which may give Mashiro some trouble.

True, we've yet to see her fight an opponent with a cutting weapon, I'd imagine the mask would help, but won't prevent her from being cut, but she just seems too fast for him. Plus, dat kick.

Jorge D. Dragon
January 27, 2011, 06:40 AM
Hisagi is one of my favourite Bleach characters, but Mashiro is superiour to him. He can put a good fight, but if Mshiro will be serious and uses her mask at full power she will win relatively easy.

freshseth83
January 27, 2011, 07:42 AM
'Dat kick' is stupid, and takes a long time (relatively) for her to do... Mashiroooo, Superrrr KICK!!, yeah, in that time Hisagi will laugh and throw kaseshini at her to see if she can't be cut. I got Hisagi in this fight. No matter how long she can put her stupid mask on, she's speed but not so much power. WW wasn't released when she fought him, and her mask fell off in a matter of minutes. Hisagi trains everyday while she makes stupid noises and faces at Kensei. I never liked her character, thought she was weird and a waste of panel space, much like her other female vizard counterpart not named Lisa.

Hisagi actually shows some kido usage as well. Where does Mashiro? Hisagi actually defeated someone that had skills (resureccion Tousen) and wasn't a sitting duck of a target (Fuura).

g0dzax
January 27, 2011, 08:16 AM
I chose Hisagi,just because I hate that Mashiro,her screams and her (disoriented)behaviour.True,Hisagi freakin' defeated a resureccion Touse,and I bet that a resureccion is far more powerful than a mask.If Mashiro uses her mask,Hisagi will most likely use Shunpo and Kazeshini to stay out of melee combat,possibly binding her or using hadou.He'll keep dodging here until her mask's gone,giving Hisagi a chance to defeat her.

xXan
January 27, 2011, 09:40 AM
Unfortunetly this fight goes to Mashiro. She is a stupid 'kid" but any kid with the powers of superman would beat any champion MMA fighter. So yeah.

UchihaHunter
January 27, 2011, 11:14 AM
Hisagi actually defeated someone that had skills (resureccion Tousen) and wasn't a sitting duck of a target (Fuura).
Actually, Tousen was a sitting duck of a target...technically you can say Hisagi defeated him, but I doubt anyone read that fight and felt that Hisagi was superior to Tousen, lol...

Anyway, ceros plus speed, good taijutsu = probably dead Hisagi. I mean, he does have decent kidou, but I doubt that his kidou > her ceros. I like Hisagi a lot, but I think he gets owned here. She was fighting something that was (probably) able to take out Bankai Kensei, and put a decent amount of damage on Yamamoto/survived his Ikkotsu. It's not like he wasn't a Captain-level opponent. Hisagi, on the other hand, is a strong VC, but still a VC. I doubt that fighting him would make her mask break as quickly as WW did.

Snake_Cowboy
January 27, 2011, 01:29 PM
Going for Hisagi.

With her Hollow mask, I admit that Mashiro has quite a lot of power (and she's not at a disadvantage since she can, normally, use it for so long), but against an opponent of Hisagi's skill, I really can't see her winning. I think he's one of, if not the, the most powerful vice-captains currently in the Gotei 13: he has shown strength, speed, a very impressive mastery of kidou and a lethal zanpakutou.

He really proved himself in his fight with Findor, in my opinion. Fura may have been massive, but he was also a giant, immobile blob. And Wonderweiss did not seem to take the fight with her seriously, since, well... He's incapable of that.

But Hisagi has one thing above all that both Mashiro and Wonderweiss lack: a decently-functioning brain.

Mashiro's strength and speed may surprise him, but Hisagi will take it cautiously, assess his opponent, lure her in and catch her off-guard with high-level kidou or other tricks (like those exploding armbands of his). The way Mashiro acts, I don't think she'll have any idea what hit her once Hisagi moves on the offensive. And finally, Kazeshini is a very wild, very unpredictable and very dangerous zanpakutou; I believe Hisagi is more than capable of cutting Mashiro down or trapping her with it. In the latter case, he'd bury Kazeshini in her face, mask or no.

Xerneas
January 27, 2011, 02:04 PM
It is unfortunate that Hisagi had to meet an opponent like this in his first match. Oh well, tough. He's gonna go down hard. Mashiro is a ditz and he's very tactical but I think the difference in brute strength and speed more than overrides their respective mental faculties. In all likelihood Hisagi will be on the floor unconscious before he even knows what happened, much less formulated a strategy.

She one-shot Fura (he wasn't tough but still...one kick?) and before her mask broke was giving unreleased WW a run for his money. And that kid is real strong even in that form, don't let his failure against God Yama-jii fool you. At the end of the day BLEACH is almost as much about brute power as Dragon Ball is -- people should stop kidding themselves. To make things worse for him, Hisagi is melee fighter like her which plays right into her hands. If he had a special ability or something he may have had a shot...

Raizen
January 27, 2011, 02:15 PM
Intelligence will definitely play a factor in this fight. Mashiro may have the super kick, but hisagi has the brains. And he is one of the most skilled VC in SS. Mashiro's strength lies in her kicks. I don't think we have seen her ever punching an opponent. Furthermore, she is not very durable while hiasgi is very durable.

I think hiasgi can pull out a victory. His combination of kido with his shikai is very skilled. And given how stupid mashiro is, she probably would go charging blindly against a kido infused blade

Takahashi
January 27, 2011, 03:24 PM
'Dat kick' is stupid, and takes a long time (relatively) for her to do... Mashiroooo, Superrrr KICK!!, yeah, in that time Hisagi will laugh and throw kaseshini at her to see if she can't be cut. I got Hisagi in this fight. No matter how long she can put her stupid mask on, she's speed but not so much power.

So turning a the biggest hollow we've ever seen inside out with your foot isn't a display of power?

WW wasn't released when she fought him, and her mask fell off in a matter of minutes. Hisagi trains everyday while she makes stupid noises and faces at Kensei. I never liked her character, thought she was weird and a waste of panel space, much like her other female vizard counterpart not named Lisa.

She's an idiot, no one's saying otherwise, what's your point?

Hisagi actually shows some kido usage as well. Where does Mashiro?

Again, no one has said she does, why even bring it up? Kido is not a necessity to win.

Hisagi actually defeated someone that had skills (resureccion Tousen) and wasn't a sitting duck of a target (Fuura).

This is a JOKE right? You CAN'T be serious.

UchihaHunter
January 27, 2011, 03:24 PM
Wait, we're saying she's not very durable because she got taken out by a punch from WW? The same WW that punched a hole through Ukitake? It may have been by surprise, but we're never given the impression that WW is some weakling, and he did it when her mask broke. I don't think we should be saying she's fragile just because she got beat by WW.

However, Hisagi definitely did take a few good shots in his fights with Allon and Tousen, so we can say he's got good durability. I'm not sure if he'd be able to take a cero or a kick from Mashiro, but he's got good durability.

kkck
January 27, 2011, 03:42 PM
I don't care how much more common sense hisagi has in comparison to mashiro.... Quimera parca had no intelligence whatsoever and he still grossly overwhelmed hisagi without actually making an effort. Mashiro has an overwhelmingly easy victory here. She would chew up and spit hisagi in a sec without even using her zampakuto lol. No contest here, hisagi does not have so much as a sliver of a chance in hell.

Arrogance
January 27, 2011, 05:21 PM
This is a tough one to decide on. Hisagi is really skilled for a vice captain and his shikai is a very good one. Even though it was team work, he did take out Tousen in his resurrecion so he does get props for that.

Mashiro is ridiculous with her hollow powers to the point of taking out Fura with a kick. Her very whimsical battle style could definitely be something to throw off Hisagi who is very serious. That could be the key to her winning.

I want to lead with Mashiro right now, but overall its still a really close matchup.

El Samurai Guapo
January 27, 2011, 07:31 PM
I don't see how this is so much more in favor of Mashiro over Shuuhei than the other thread is of Lisa over Renji. I honestly don't think Renji's rookie bankai makes him that much stronger than Shuuhei, and Renji also lacks kidou so all in all I'd say they're roughly even. Lisa and Mashiro on the other hand...I think Lisa is way better, even if it's only because she actually uses her zanpakutou. Mashiro's showings FKT only looked more impressive because she was breifly dominating a weaker (yeah, I'm pretty sure released Harribel > sealed WW), less serious, less intelligent opponent. Lisa has a mask too, she could just have easily thrown it on and gone around kicking opponents to death.

That said, Mashiro wins this obviously. As much as I like Shuuhei and think he's badass, Mashiro is stronger. She's the only vaizard who IMO may not have gotten much stronger over the 100 years—save for gaining the mask—but that alone is obviously enough to make her better than a pure shinigami VC (even one of the better ones). Hollowfication is just that big of a boost—which is why the same logic is also true for the captains and former-captain vaizards.

Random101
January 27, 2011, 09:34 PM
Hisagi's got a melee shikai. Ranged melee granted, but melee none the less, and Renji has some pretty decent feats to pull from that make it hard enough for me to call provided both were limited to shikai. If his Bankai's allowed however and I'm going to be going with Renji 10 times out of 10. Frankly the closeness in comparison to each other in both threads is about where I'd expect it to be, particularly since Renji's been undermined thanks to the Syzael fight.

thornofcarrion
January 27, 2011, 11:41 PM
I have voted for Mashiro. Almost everything has been said already. She has good control over her hollow powers. Her kicks are deadly and I think Hisagi swinging Kazeshini can provide her an opportunity. Once she gets closed in on Hisagi, it will be very hard for Hisagi to defend in close quarters. Therefore, overall I believe Mashiro has edge in this fight.

Tenacious Weezy
January 28, 2011, 12:05 PM
WW was able to speed blitz Ukitake with Shunsui not so far away. Up to that point they had both been keeping up with Stark (one fighting and the other defending). I'm not literally saying WW is faster than Stark but fighting on par with him puts Mashiro levels over Hisagi IMO if for nothing but speed which wins any fight.

Crystal Black
January 28, 2011, 12:19 PM
Mashiro would win. She wins with a great deal of difficulty IMO. Hisagi is on the stronger end of VC"s and possibly on the low end of captain level. Hisagi has the feats to prove it. He had the most fights in FKT besides Aizen. He fought Findor, which he win with relative ease upon releasing shikai and was keeping his own with a sealed sword. He fought with Allon for a short period of time although got beat to a pulp still imprssive. The we have him and Koma against Tosen. He had great enough reaction speed to react to vizard Tosen, and put up some good effort despite being exhausted and halfway injured. Mashiro has her Hakuda and the physical strength along with speed advantage. Her mask gives her a good deal of power to be honest probably the most of any vizard, she was said to hold her mask longer then any other.

cool_inuyasha_girl
January 28, 2011, 09:46 PM
A very interesting match-up and really hard to say former 9th squad vice-captain vs. current vice captain. Mashiro would win in terms of strength but thats really as she's got going for her, she's a bronze no brains character. Hisagi and Mashiro also have personalities on the opposite end whereas Mashiro is childish and rash, Hisagi is calm and mature and seems much smarter then Mashiro could ever be. His sword is also quite handy, while Mashiro could kick the crap out of Hisagi she would have to close to him and Hisagi was pretty good at far range attacks, so I'd day Hisagi would win this round.

hasu13
January 30, 2011, 03:24 AM
I agree with the idea that intelligence will play a huge part in this. Mashiro faced generally mindless people with WW being the strongest of the bunch. She acted very carefree and more interested in having fun than being terribly serious. If we're going by what we saw in the fights these two have had, I would think she would be acting the same way here. If this were the case, Hisagi and his overthinking mind would have a huge advantage. As long as he survives the first few attacks (which would surely be strong), he would probably be able to come up with a plan that would stop Mashiro. That's my thinking.

p1xel
January 30, 2011, 09:23 AM
I vote for Mashiro. She has super strenght, and her real power is still unknown, and she has hollow powers... Probably she is stronger than Hisagi.
I`m almost sure she will win.

code4destruction
January 31, 2011, 06:59 PM
Hisagi

Admittedly, Mashiro is a formidable opponent, and this would not be an easy battle for Hisagi. But if you take the characters personalities into consideration, Hisagi has the advantage.

Many are saying that Mashiro's advantage is her speed, strength, and overall experience. This added with her masked form would grant her an quick victory. However, she loses if it were a preemptive strike. Why? Mashiro doesn't take things seriously. Even when fighting WW, she toyed around with him instead of going for the kill.

Hisagi's zanpakuto is not one to play around with. It's sole purpose is to kill instantly. Hisagi likes to fight honorably and so he does not use this zanpakuto to its fullest advantage, but let's not forget who his inspiration is.

That's right, Kensei. For over a century, Hisagi has idolized the former 9th division captain as the definition of strength. To lose would be a disgrace. Hisagi would have the determination to take Mashiro down at all costs while the little spit-fire would see this a little more than a game. And by the time Mashiro does decide to take things seriously, her mask would either be up, or Hisagi will have trapped her with a well developed plan.

The man works hard and has an unrivaled level of determination. He was turned away from Shin Academy several times. But by the time he was in his 6th year, he had already become an honorary member of the Gotei. The only thing that holds Hisagi back is fear. But I believe fighting Mashiro, the Lt of his idol, would be just the cure he needs.

He may get knocked down in a fight, but that only serves to strengthen his resolve. Besides...any guy that can survive so long after being used and abused by Rangiku has enough guts to spare :p

But seriously, I'd like to see this fight. If the test is on basic rank and skill, then sure Mashiro has the advantage. But then again, Yamamoto would wipe Aizen off the face of the earth easy with his bankai. Didn't happen though. Why? Besides the fact that he didn't use it, Aizen made sure to keep him from having the opportunity.

Bleach characters don't normally strike at full strength at the beginning of a battle. Why should Mashiro suddenly start? She'd probably be more interested in discussing why Hisagi has the same tattoo as Kensei. Hisagi on the other hand (like some bleach characters like Kenpachi and Ichigo), gets stronger as a fight goes on. And we saw he did decide to use a sneak attack on his own captain because Hisagi still identifies himself as a Shinigami. The shinigami code is: "Do not seek beauty in battle. Do not seek virtue in death. Do not make the mistake of considering only your own life. If you wish to protect that which you must protect... ...slice the enemy you must defeat from behind." (Chapter 391 page 08)

Based on all this information:

I see the battle operating with Mashiro only attacking after Hisagi has gauges her strength. Therefore, she lose the advantage of surprise wherein her speed and experience would have shone. She'll keep him on the defensive, switching to her masked for immediately, and probably break through his defenses. Hisagi will only unleash his Zanpakuto, after trying other methods to defeat her. While Mashiro is slowing down, he's just getting started. A second too slow, Mashiro gets caught by a high level bakudo and is rendered imobile. Normally, she'd have been able to break free, but Hisagi has worn her down. Her mask time dwindles and breaks. They are on more even footing. Hisagi goes for the kill.

If this battle is one of life and death, you can be sure Hisagi will likely follow a similar routine of wearing her down until she's on a more even footing, or until he can catch her off guard while she gloats, and go for a swift kill like he did with Tousen.

Either way, I see Mashiro's downfall in that she takes fighting with little seriousness no matter if it's friendly combat or deadly. Hisagi on the other hand is always serious. And the more deadly the battle, the more deadly he fights.

kkck
January 31, 2011, 10:31 PM
I honestly don't see how hisagi would last two seconds here. Mashiro actually gave wonderweiss a beating for crying out loud. Even if wonderweiss is not precisely constant, I don't think hisagi would be able to do anything even remotely similar in a direct confrontation. I really think mashiro would have an overwhelmingly easy victory here.

Tsukisama
January 31, 2011, 11:31 PM
With approximately two-thirds of the votes, Mashiro wins! She shall advance on into Round 2. Discuss the result of this match and all others in the Tournament Discussion thread.

Stay tuned for more details! :cheerbunny