PDA

View Full Version : Muguruma Kensei vs Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez

igotthegoods
January 19, 2011, 01:14 AM
Kensei vs. Grimmjow

http://static.mangahelpers.com/gallery-previews/13847

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
Kensei

Muguruma Kensei is the former captain of the 9th Division. In comparison with his fellow Visored, Kensei is a much more serious character. He has a short temper and is easily irritated, particularly by Kuna Mashiro.

Kensei's zanpakutō is named Tachikaze and released with the command "Blow". His shikai shrinks it down into the form of a survival/combat knife. While in this form, Kensei demonstrates the ability to charge and fire spiritual energy from the blade. Tachikaze can also manipulate wind. His hollow mask resembles an ice hockey mask, with several rectangular slits. Kensei's bankai is named Tekken Tachikaze.this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
Grimmjow

Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, the Sixth (Sexta) Espada, has a rash nature. His reckless decision making even lead him to temporarily lose his arm and even his Espada position. He holds tension and has an attitude to several of the other Espada, especially toward Ulquiorra Cifer, and has a rivalry with Ichigo Kurosaki. His Resurrección, Pantera, gives him the appearance of a Cat-like creature in which he develops claws. His Gran Rey Cero combined with his Desgarrón allows him to slash his opponents to bits.this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Takahashi
February 03, 2011, 08:21 PM
Kensei.

I don't think Grimmjow's that great, he got knocked around easily by Shinji (one armed, but still), all of his feats come from beating up Ichigo, which isn't all that difficult.

He's just outclassed in this one. Kensei has also shown Bankai, so we can also assume that he's more powerful than what we've seen (to what degree is all speculation, but it's still a power up either way).

Random101
February 03, 2011, 08:32 PM
Kensei. Grimmjaw I honestly find utterly unimpressive and frankly his moveset, while quick save his ultimate move, is rather lacking. It'll be rough with only shikai to draw actual feats from, albeit barely, but yeah he should be able to pull it off.

El Samurai Guapo
February 03, 2011, 08:35 PM
Kensei.

I don't think Grimmjow's that great, he got knocked around easily by Shinji (one armed, but still), all of his feats come from beating up Ichigo, which isn't all that difficult.

He's just outclassed in this one. Kensei has also shown Bankai, so we can also assume that he's more powerful than what we've seen (to what degree is all speculation, but it's still a power up either way).

I don't think Kensei's bankai should even be brought up for discussion. For all intents and purposes, it's still pretty much unrevealed.

Grimmjow was one of the more impressive espada though. Getting knocked around by Shinji is more of a testament of how powerful Shinji is. With that said, Kensei wins easily. Like you said he's outclassed here. Kensei will just stab him with his knife and take his top half off.

Takahashi
February 03, 2011, 08:52 PM
I don't think Kensei's bankai should even be brought up for discussion. For all intents and purposes, it's still pretty much unrevealed.

Grimmjow was one of the more impressive espada though. Getting knocked around by Shinji is more of a testament of how powerful Shinji is. With that said, Kensei wins easily. Like you said he's outclassed here. Kensei will just stab him with his knife and take his top half off.

I don't think it should be ignored though. We've at least seen his Bankai, so we can at least assume that it makes him better. It's speculative, but it's been shown in the manga, and no one's Bankai makes them weaker.

Jackk
February 03, 2011, 09:02 PM
Kensei doesn't need Bankai to beat Grimmjow.

Grimmjow doesn't even have HSR, so yeah... a good Kamehameha from Kensei will do the trick. :D

El Samurai Guapo
February 03, 2011, 09:19 PM
I don't think it should be ignored though. We've at least seen his Bankai, so we can at least assume that it makes him better. It's speculative, but it's been shown in the manga, and no one's Bankai makes them weaker.

Can't you say that about any of the captains or ex-captains that haven't used theirs though?

Either way, things shouldn't be too complicated, Kensei will win this fight and lose to Shinji in the next, bankai or not. Ultimately Shinji will have to fight Harribel or Kenpachi to win his section of the bracket. Then he'll have to fight the winner from the section below him—which in my opinion should be Rose (but most likely will be Ichigo or Yammy).

Then Shinji will have to fight the winner from the side across from his in round 5—which better be either Gin or Yoruichi.

Jackk
February 03, 2011, 09:36 PM
Can't you say that about any of the captains or ex-captains that haven't used theirs though?

Either way, things shouldn't be too complicated, Kensei will win this fight and lose to Shinji in the next, bankai or not. Ultimately Shinji will have to fight Harribel or Kenpachi to win his section of the bracket. Then he'll have to fight the winner from the section below him—which in my opinion should be Rose (but most likely will be Ichigo or Yammy).

Then Shinji will have to fight the winner from the side across from his in round 5—which better be either Gin or Yoruichi.

Agreed, but did you mean Stark instead of Ichigo?

Xerneas
February 03, 2011, 09:51 PM
Well as has been mentioned already, Grimmjow is pretty weak. Kubo made him look far tougher than he actually was because he was the main character's rival. Ichigo was struggling badly with his powers all the times they fought. In his state any Captain would have walked over him, so Grimmjow beating down on him means nothing. This had so many people confused in the HM part of last arc when there was so much talk about Kubo messing up powerlevels between Ichigo/Grimmjow/Byakuya/Zommari/Kenpachi/Nnoitra. But he didn't mess up anything. Most were just too stuck in their Espada fanboyism to see what was right in front of them.

When he finally found control over his mask he started to dominate, brushing off cheap shots (claw attacks) and then smashed through Grimmjow's best attack Desgarrón like it was nothing and pwned him. And that was regular masked Ichigo, who is still only Captain level because he had no control over his reiatsu. There's no reason why a proper Captain with mask shouldn't be able to thrash Grimmjow. Its another one of those straightforward melee matchups where there's no special ability on either side to offset powerlevels, so you can use powerscaling.

El Samurai Guapo
February 03, 2011, 10:45 PM
Agreed, but did you mean Stark instead of Ichigo?

Truth is I'm not sure, Starrk definitely deserves to win more than Ichigo, but Ichigo being the main character and all will probably receive more votes. Then you'll have people bringing up that Starrk was defeated by a shikai...

Oh yeah (so as to not be completely off-topic) Kensei...umm...has a cool shikai.

conn-man
February 04, 2011, 02:40 AM
I'll start by saying that Grimmjow was no joke. He had lighting fast reflexes, nice physical strength, and great combination of short and long range attacks. His ceros had the shortest charge time after Stark and they packed a punch.

Kensei on the other hand is a dangerous opponent for anyone, his mask shikai combo is crazy. His mask seems to extend Tachikazes exploding wind ability to his fists making his slashes and punches potential KOs. His long range attack were he sends out a seemingly invisible air blade that also has the delayed explosion, that's borderline hax imo.

I'm voting for Kensei, his fighting style contrasts Grimmjows perfectly. Grimm uses agility and spinning momentum to strike while Kensei uses a crouching solid stance to attack and defend. Also in the big picture if Grimmjow takes one of Kenseis wind bombs its probably over.

xXan
February 04, 2011, 02:51 AM
Kensei defenetly. As to why you peeps already covered that. But i do belive you guys put Grimmjow to low on the food chain.

AlB
February 04, 2011, 02:52 AM
Kensei rapes it. :/ although I do not agree with an opinion that Grim is weak, quite on contrary (out of all 5-10 Espada he is the only one I'm impressed wih)

the only thing worth arguing here is about whether he'll need bankai to tear Grim apart or not lol :p

Gran Maestro
February 04, 2011, 05:13 AM
I don't think there's any captain who is weaker than Grimmjow, Ichigo's incompetency in HM arc made Grimmjow look stronger than he already was. Kensei also revealed his bankai which means he can go all out. Kensei wins.

Tenacious Weezy
February 04, 2011, 08:34 AM
I think the Hollow Ichigo with HSR that Kensei fought is stronger than GJ so comparing that then adding a Mask and Bankai to Kensei gives him a pretty decent edge IMO.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 04, 2011, 12:18 PM
Kensei wins this fight easily. He doesn't even need his Bankai. Grimjow is totally outclassed in this fight.

El Samurai Guapo
I don't understand why do you think that Shinji is in any way superiour to Kensei? I'd say that it is practically on reverse. In fighting powers that were shown Kensei is clearly above Shinji, cause he is better in physical powers and has even stronger physical powers with his Hollowgication. Also his Zan gives him clearly better attacking capabilities, especially against Shinji's Shikai. I'd say he may be one of the best fighters especially against Shinji.

Crystal Black
February 04, 2011, 12:35 PM
Kensei would win. Not with ease though. Grimmjow is one of the more overrated espada. He's skilled in some areas but not captain skilled. Kensei has one of the best shikais in the manga as far as physical force goes. Grimmjow excels in close range but it would be risky if he tries and fight Kensei in that manner for long periods of time. I would give this to Kensei but barely..

UchihaHunter
February 04, 2011, 01:03 PM
I think Kensei wins this because Grimmjow is garbage, but I think it's amusing to see people talking about Wonderweiss being around GJ level, and Kensei being able to beat GJ with just his shikai, when Kensei himself knew he would at least need bankai to beat unreleased WW...and this is after seeing Mashiro fight against him...

Grimmjow isn't really all that powerful, it's pretty obvious that Ichigo wasn't fighting with his full strength, since he was having doubts after Inoue's reaction to him...however, I don't think Kensei walks in, uses his shikai, and wins instantly, lol...the only time we saw that ability was against some generic hollow, no?

Anyway, we'll get more into Kensei's strength or whatever in his topic against Shinji, I just wanted to note that it's probably not a curbstomp battle, especially since we don't even know what his BK does, so I'm pretty sure he can't use it in this fight.

El Samurai Guapo
February 04, 2011, 01:31 PM
Kensei wins this fight easily. He doesn't even need his Bankai. Grimjow is totally outclassed in this fight.

El Samurai Guapo
I don't understand why do you think that Shinji is in any way superiour to Kensei? I'd say that it is practically on reverse. In fighting powers that were shown Kensei is clearly above Shinji, cause he is better in physical powers and has even stronger physical powers with his Hollowgication. Also his Zan gives him clearly better attacking capabilities, especially against Shinji's Shikai. I'd say he may be one of the best fighters especially against Shinji.

Well I could respond now, but I'll just wait until the Kensei vs. Shinji fight comes up.

Raizen
February 04, 2011, 07:32 PM
Kensei wins. Grimjow only seemed badass because he was fighting ichigo. And we all know that ichigo after the SS arec sucked ass. Even aizen and gin has noted such.

Snake_Cowboy
February 05, 2011, 11:58 AM
I had some trouble deciding, but I'm going with Kensei aswell.

I don't think Grimmjow should be underestimated. He's still a considerably dangerous opponent, but against Kensei, the odds don't look that good for him. Kensei has always seemed like one of the most powerful of the Vizards to me and while we haven't seen it in use that many times, that blasting attack of Tachikaze's seems like it might just blow a hole through someone like Grimmjow. And Kensei might have (presumably) lost to Wonderweiss, but there would be no shame in that; the way Wonderweiss managed to stand up to Yama is a testimony to how unbelievably dangerous he was.

With his shikai, Kensei can definitely gain the upperhand on Grimmjow pre-release. With Pantera, Grimmjow could be a problem, but if you add Kensei's Hollow mask and his Bankai into the equation... Then I say Grimmjow is going to get pounded into the ground.

shaheer
February 05, 2011, 12:29 PM
i am going to do fair justice on both, Kensei own very easily, grimjow is cool and powerful Idk Y but i hold the op that he is stronger than noitora but he in no way can defeat Kensei.
Kensei is one of the strongest vizard, not as strong as shinji though

tousendrinksbleach
February 05, 2011, 06:10 PM
kensei ... i believe he was just trolled by kubo (yes ,i do ...) : he was handling ww without mast and bare handed then with bankai and mask he loses ? wtf ? and on top of that ww was created to seal yama flames , but well ...

El Samurai Guapo
February 05, 2011, 06:39 PM
kensei ... i believe he was just trolled by kubo (yes ,i do ...) : he was handling ww without mast and bare handed then with bankai and mask he loses ? wtf ? and on top of that ww was created to seal yama flames , but well ...

Yeah, without his mask he was clearly more powerful than Mashiro was with hers. As soon as her mask shattered on her she got 1HKO'd by a punch, while Kensei casually catches WW's fist. We've seen plenty of arrancar uses their resureccions before, so we have a pretty good idea of how much of a boost they receive; it's definitely not bigger than the boost Kensei underwent going from unarmed to bankai. Then when you include the idea the he also had the ability to use a mask with his bankai it just sounds ridiculous.

I'm just beating a dead horse here though, people have already made up their minds that Wonderwiess was the strongest arrancar. Yamamoto himself is so overrated that in turn the fact that Wonderwiess simply held onto his arms for a few moments and punched him a bunch of times (which did literally nothing) is enough to make him better than Ulquiorra, Starrk, and Barragan.

In any case, it sucks that Kensei's next opponent is Shinji. Would have liked to have debated a match between him against one of the current gotei 13 captains.

Random101
February 05, 2011, 08:53 PM
Actually that was like 5 hits to the face, and she was sending Wonderwiess far more than he did without mask to say the least when it was actually on. Nothing he's shown suffice to say puts him above her when he's just in base to say the least.

Not that it particularly matters, Grimmjaw doesn't take much honestly. Even just shikai he can potentially pull ahead with the right timing.

shaheer
February 05, 2011, 10:36 PM
In any case, it sucks that Kensei's next opponent is Shinji. Would have liked to have debated a match between him against one of the current gotei 13 captains.
true
i think the only captains that can beat Kensei is Ukitake and kyoraku, shame t has to be Kensei vs shinji
IDK Y ppl are so hyped about Byakuya, he is just a new bud and has a lot to go, just holds an air of superiority nothing else

Not that it particularly matters, Grimmjaw doesn't take much honestly. Even just shikai he can potentially pull ahead with the right timing.
well if Kensei is very good at shunpu then ya there is a slick possibility , but all in all i dont think so. It would have to be too perfect a timing. The only Guys i see can ko ppl in shikai is Yama, Aizen, kyo, ukitake, shinji, Urahara and issin (i mean we never got to see his shikai and without shikai he can pound immense GTs, so i infer) so i do think Kensei will win but it woudnt be shikai kensei, it would atleast have to be shikai +mask or bankai

Jorge D. Dragon
February 06, 2011, 06:05 AM
I think people surely overraqte Shinji, his Shikai.
also I'd say that Grimjow was good to be Ichigo's opponent, when Ichi was mindfucked, but in fact he is nowhere near that level to be a threat to a real Captain, especially with a mask.
Kensei's Shikai is enough to take Grim down and I'd say that Kensei's Zan is one of the best we've seen so far.

Sodalit
February 06, 2011, 10:59 AM
Both opponents are very efficient in brutal close combat, so this fight will look like two trucks crashing. Trucks loaded with fireworks. On fire.

I think Kensei will win this fight. While we don't know much about his BK, his SK is very powerful and it will excel Grim's Ress (Ress of #6 is very disappointing and weak).
Kensei is also a Vizard.

kkck
February 07, 2011, 01:02 AM
I think kensei would win this one. We saw what shinji could do to grimmjow with just mask (who I would think is comparable to kensei) and we saw shikai kensei handling hollow ichigo fairly well so I think he could handle grimmjow fairly well. Mask would easily do for any speed difference and bankai should be a bit of an edge over grimmjow's hand to hand combat.

tousendrinksbleach
February 07, 2011, 09:32 AM
or we stick to the usualy argument :p captain >> n5+espada ...
1- he was a captain 100 years ago
2- he has a vaisard mask and had 100 years to perfect it (i doubt they were enjoying their vacation in hawaii)
3- he is the worse kind of oponents for grimmjow (sheer force...)

1+2+3 makes me think he will melt grimmjow

Bugzee
February 07, 2011, 10:22 AM
Now this is one match up, I would've loved to see in the manga/anime. :D

I say Grimmjow would go straight in with sheer, brute strength and power. Whereas, I feel, Kensei would initially play along similar to what Shinji did here (http://www.mangareader.net/94-690-7/bleach/chapter-236.html). Besides the experience; Kensei is more calm yet tactical in his fighting and he one hella of a fighter with a sword (he seems to have mastered the use of his lil katana lol). Agility, fast reflexes (only improved by the control over his hollowfication now) and when he does use his brute strength against an opponent like Grimmjow; they're officially fk'd.

Raizen
February 07, 2011, 05:25 PM
true
i think the only captains that can beat Kensei is Ukitake and kyoraku, shame t has to be Kensei vs shinji
IDK Y ppl are so hyped about Byakuya, he is just a new bud and has a lot to go, just holds an air of superiority nothing else
I would say unohana, byakuya, kenpachi, hitsu, and perhaps even soifon would be able to beat kensei.

Byakuya may be young, but in the time span of only 50 years, he grew in strength massively to the point of mastering bankai and becoming a captain.Byakuya is simply someone who has a high limit in his abilties. Age does not matter unless the person in question is vastly older, ie yamamoto, unohana, shunsui, and ukitake. Look at hitsugay and soifon. Look at what they have accomplished in just a few short years.

Byakuya's hype is well deserved. If he were to fight kensei, i would bet on byakuya 100% of the time

freshseth83
February 08, 2011, 02:03 AM
I don't think any Vizard is awesome sauce, save Shinji, I do think he has some skills, he did some serious damage to Grimm, even if he only had one arm. I'd rate him almost as high as Ukitake Shunsui and Unohana. In the area of Byakuya Urahara and Yoruichi, maybe Kenpachi. But Kensei I'd rate around Soi-Fon level, above Komamura, maybe around Hitsugaya or a bit above him. I do think Kensei could beat Grimmjow though. He's fast but he's not much of a match. Force vs. Force I'd go with Kensei.

tousendrinksbleach
February 08, 2011, 09:12 AM
Ichigo beat Kenpachi with his shikai and a hole in his chest. Your point? Because i see none. In bleach power level fluctuate alot.
PS. Byakuya LOST he never got OWNED. Ichigo was barely standing and was about to collapse ...

i dont see your point either.....
kensei was handeling lezard ichigo wwithout a mask and could have easily killed him if he didnt have regeneration
you say lezard ichigo isnt stong? well, the fact that he had instant regeneration makes me disagree

kensei was trolled by kubo then he became downrated by people...poor ukitake was trolled too (he even had hisshikai activated) but i dont see him downrated too

xXan
February 08, 2011, 09:30 AM
i dont see your point either.....
kensei was handeling lezard ichigo wwithout a mask and could have easily killed him if he didnt have regeneration
you say lezard ichigo isnt stong? well, the fact that he had instant regeneration makes me disagree

kensei was trolled by kubo then he became downrated by people...poor ukitake was trolled too (he even had hisshikai activated) but i dont see him downrated too

I think you meant Visored. I also presume you meant hollow Ichigo from the training and not Visored Ichigo. That hallow was a midless version and had bad feats. Visored Ichigo completly overhelm Urahara's VC(forgot her name) in 1 second and ALL the Hollofied Captains had to jump in to stop him (no masks). You actualy want me to belive she would fight Visored Ichigo for 10 minutes ? Imposible. That version of Hollow Ichi was weak, Ichigo and the hollow where fighting in his head. He got trown away like nothing by a back flip, elbow hit etc. Keeping up for 10 mins with it is irrelevant.

Edit: 500 posts of me WOHO:P

Cyber34
February 08, 2011, 10:41 AM
I would give the edge to Kensei. He fought Ichigo's bankai powered hollow like he was playing with a toddler which is more impressive to me then Grimmjow playing soccer with regular bankai Ichigo's face.

xXan
February 08, 2011, 12:00 PM
I would give the edge to Kensei. He fought Ichigo's bankai powered hollow like he was playing with a toddler which is more impressive to me then Grimmjow playing soccer with regular bankai Ichigo's face.

For the last time that was a weaker version of Ichigo . If you whant more info read my post above.

tousendrinksbleach
February 08, 2011, 12:06 PM
For the last time that was a weaker version of Ichigo . If you whant more info read my post above.

a weaker version of mindless vaisored ichigo (the one who wanted to kill hiyori)
but dont forget that he was getting stronger and stronger ... kensei fought one who had super fast regeneration (probably better than ulq's since it was instant) ... no one is saying he beat ichigonator or even the one masked ichigo one shoted byakuya

one more thing : love was going to pull his mask and we have seen him fight maskless agaisnt starkk . so dont ell me that ichigoi was weak (weak in comparison of ichigonator maybe , but even yama will get facerolled by ichigonator)

xXan
February 08, 2011, 01:20 PM
a weaker version of mindless vaisored ichigo (the one who wanted to kill hiyori)
but dont forget that he was getting stronger and stronger ... kensei fought one who had super fast regeneration (probably better than ulq's since it was instant) ... no one is saying he beat ichigonator or even the one masked ichigo one shoted byakuya

one more thing : love was going to pull his mask and we have seen him fight maskless agaisnt starkk . so dont ell me that ichigoi was weak (weak in comparison of ichigonator maybe , but even yama will get facerolled by ichigonator)

Ichigo with his mask on with his HOLLOW in control requred for ALL the hollofied captains to jump in to stop him and OVERPOWERED one of them in a second and left her scared like hell. If you are going to tell this version is the one fighting the hollofied captains one on one for 10 mins i am going to say bullshit. That version would DESTROY any of them in a nano-second in one on one.

Oh and he overpowered one of them that had his mask on and they where fighting the hollow ichigo in the training even with no mask .. its abovious its imposible to be the same version or anywhere as powerfull.

tousendrinksbleach
February 08, 2011, 01:35 PM
Ichigo with his mask on with his HOLLOW in control requred for ALL the hollofied captains to jump in to stop him and OVERPOWERED one of them in a second and left her scared like hell..

dont play on words with me please ...
1-he owned the trashiest vaisard
2- who was hollofied at the moment?
3-if your friend is about to die , ofc all of them will jump

Jorge D. Dragon
February 08, 2011, 01:41 PM
Raizen
You surely downgrade Kensei and overrate Byakuya, Ken and especially Soi Fong and Hitsu.
Everyone think that Kensei is weak only, because he lost to Wondy, but Wondy was taken out only by Yama, so I do think that Kensei wasn't weak. In fact we saw that Wondy in his released form was at Yama's speed level and got pretty strong punches that can be rivaled only by Yama and it was just his sheer fisical power.:) So I do think that if Kensei got Wondy to release he was pretty good considering that Wondy in his unreleased form one-shotted Shikai Captain that is surely stronger that everyone you've suggested (Byakuya, Ken, Toshiro and Soi Fong).
Also his Shikai is pretty strong and I'd say is stronger and more useful than any of your list exept maybe Soi Fong's.
Also about his fisical power. If with his mask on he can crush Menos Grande's head with several punches I'd say that he will crush their heads.:) Also take in consideration that Hitsu and Ken aren't that fast.:)

Raizen
February 08, 2011, 02:14 PM
Raizen
You surely downgrade Kensei and overrate Byakuya, Ken and especially Soi Fong and Hitsu.
Everyone think that Kensei is weak only, because he lost to Wondy, but Wondy was taken out only by Yama, so I do think that Kensei wasn't weak. In fact we saw that Wondy in his released form was at Yama's speed level and got pretty strong punches that can be rivaled only by Yama and it was just his sheer fisical power.:) So I do think that if Kensei got Wondy to release he was pretty good considering that Wondy in his unreleased form one-shotted Shikai Captain that is surely stronger that everyone you've suggested (Byakuya, Ken, Toshiro and Soi Fong).
Also his Shikai is pretty strong and I'd say is stronger and more useful than any of your list exept maybe Soi Fong's.
Also about his fisical power. If with his mask on he can crush Menos Grande's head with several punches I'd say that he will crush their heads.:) Also take in consideration that Hitsu and Ken aren't that fast.:)
I am not downgrading anything. It is just that we have no feats from kensei that really gives him any merits against captains like byakuya or kenpachi.

Kensei when he was a captain, got taken out by ONE stab from tousen. Doesn't speak much of his endurance. And then he got off paneled by WW. Although, i am not taking that into consideration when I compare him. His only good performance was against a common hollow and a menos grande. Which doesn't really speak much in terms of skills.

And when has kensei shown to be fast? We know that kenpachi doesn't care about speed since his reaction speed are out of this world. And hitsu is pretty agile. He may not be as fast as byakuya or soifon, but he gets the job done

xXan
February 08, 2011, 02:31 PM
dont play on words with me please ...
1-he owned the trashiest vaisard
2- who was hollofied at the moment?
3-if your friend is about to die , ofc all of them will jump

Play words with you? I don't understant what you mean.

The one that was using the mask was the one that got owned in 1 second. Now let's asume he was the weakest. How many seconds are in 10 minutes(how long they where taking sifts in his training)? 600 seconds? Well if you tell me the others are 600 times stronger then Uraharas VC (forgot her name)i am defenetly going to say no... Also add to this they where fighting that hollow version ichigo with no masks and not even using there swords from the start. They where beating him with kicks and elbow hits .. its just not possible...

Jorge D. Dragon
February 08, 2011, 02:49 PM
I am not downgrading anything. It is just that we have no feats from kensei that really gives him any merits against captains like byakuya or kenpachi.

Kensei when he was a captain, got taken out by ONE stab from tousen. Doesn't speak much of his endurance. And then he got off paneled by WW. Although, i am not taking that into consideration when I compare him. His only good performance was against a common hollow and a menos grande. Which doesn't really speak much in terms of skills.

And when has kensei shown to be fast? We know that kenpachi doesn't care about speed since his reaction speed are out of this world. And hitsu is pretty agile. He may not be as fast as byakuya or soifon, but he gets the job done

Why we don't have feats?:) He literary crushed Menos Grande with bare fists and his Shikai was also one shotting them.:) Also he was strong enough to make Wondy release.:) And he was the strongest or one of the two strongest Arrancars.:)
Of course he was taken by a backstab by Tousen, but just a minute ago he was half-sleeping and it wasn't just slash - it was a Bankai-backstab. It's clearly a difference, so it isn't an argument against him.:)
When?:) I've already said it, but I may repeat. Wondy speedblitzed Ukitake and then during the fight with Kensei he made Wondy to release, so we can assume that he was fast enough for Wondy to make him release.;)
In fact if Ken and Hitsu aren't fast enough they will be killed by Kensei as he has clearly upper hand in sheer physical power (with mask) and speed and his Shikai with Mask can really one shot a person if he doesn't have considerably more Reiatsu than him.:)

Tsukisama
February 08, 2011, 08:12 PM
With over 75% of the votes, Kensei advances to Round 2. Stay tuned.

Discuss this and all the rest of matches in the Tournament Discussion Thread. :whoabunny