PDA

View Full Version : Discussion PoT and SPoT Technique Tier List

Pages : 1 [2]

Airgrimes
October 02, 2012, 11:17 AM
Yes, and probably we see some technique from Kimijima at least, that will be S tier at least.
He might just have an ability and not a technique even.
Like Ochi had just one technique, which was definetely S rank, but he had an S-Rank ablitiy too. (Mental Pressure).

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Poor Jackal. First Marui cheats on him with Kite, and now Bunta is almost able to play alone. He'll soon join the forgotten bros.
Ikr lol.
Konomi couldn't have been more obvious that he is throwing Jackal away.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Unfortunately though, Perfect Fortress is far from Perfect...

Standard Lob > Perfect Fortress...
Considering Marui isn't even 1.65m tall it's what to expect.

LetalHawk
October 02, 2012, 05:37 PM
If Marui was taller, then perfect fortress would be really fearsome. It's a really good technique in doubles as it's the complete and ultimate net defense and if the players hits a lob, like Kaoz said, the other player has time to prepare his shot comfortably and maybe score a winner, while in singles is useless, is really really useful in doubles.

Phantron
October 02, 2012, 07:58 PM
If Marui was taller, then perfect fortress would be really fearsome. It's a really good technique in doubles as it's the complete and ultimate net defense and if the players hits a lob, like Kaoz said, the other player has time to prepare his shot comfortably and maybe score a winner, while in singles is useless, is really really useful in doubles.

His return shots don't appear to pose any threat so it's not effective at single either.

The clear implication is that Marui defends with Perfect Fortress while Kite goes on the offense. A lob, even in Prince of Tennis, is always a great opportunity for the offense. Sure it doesn't seem like having your defense player at the net and offense player at baseline makes any sense, but it's not like POT is supposed to make sense. If they say this works, then it works.

Fuji Shusuke
October 23, 2012, 02:59 PM
I'll wait for the new chapter to rank Perfect Fortress.

I'm also adding Kimijima's Curving Volley.

Airgrimes
October 23, 2012, 04:06 PM
I'll wait for the new chapter to rank Perfect Fortress.

I'm also adding Kimijima's Curving Volley.
I don't think you should.
It hasn't been cited as a technique in the series.

I think it's just down to Kimijima likely having a high technique stat.

LetalHawk
October 23, 2012, 05:59 PM
I don't think you should.
It hasn't been cited as a technique in the series.

I think it's just down to Kimijima likely having a high technique stat.

It's just a regular curved shot, no big deal at all. But since his stats are high, his shots like that look like really amazing but it's not that impressive.

Altough judging by the end of ch.89, we should see why he's No.7 of All Japan. I wonder what Konomi will show us from him, because this whole negotiation thing was just absurd, I like how the match is going tough.

-Ken-
October 23, 2012, 06:15 PM
It's just a regular curved shot, no big deal at all. But since his stats are high, his shots like that look like really amazing but it's not that impressive.

Altough judging by the end of ch.89, we should see why he's No.7 of All Japan. I wonder what Konomi will show us from him, because this whole negotiation thing was just absurd, I like how the match is going tough.

I kinda love his "fake" techniques to be honest. When the spoiler was partially out, it was unclear that Kimijima strike out a deal with Kite. So it look like Kimijima "control" Kite.

Man, that would have been a sickkkk techniques.

Fuji Shusuke
October 24, 2012, 09:30 AM
So you think that Curving Volley is unecessary because it is a general skill?

I'll remove it.

Airgrimes
October 24, 2012, 11:34 AM
So you think that Curving Volley is unecessary because it is a general skill?

I'll remove it.
Only for now.
It's not as if his fellow G10 members commented saying ''there it is... Kimijima's ___________ shot''.

LetalHawk
October 24, 2012, 03:40 PM
Only for now.
It's not as if his fellow G10 members commented saying ''there it is... Kimijima's ___________ shot''.

Btw, Thono was going to hit another execution method, iron... shame it wasn't shown

Airgrimes
October 24, 2012, 04:34 PM
Btw, Thono was going to hit another execution method, iron... shame it wasn't shown
No.11?

LetalHawk
October 24, 2012, 05:13 PM
No.11?

Yes that one No.11 Iron ...

TheShiraishi
October 24, 2012, 08:58 PM
Just adding on to what Letal and Air was saying, Chapter 89 has been translated:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v08/c089/

(Does this mean Marui underwent martial arts training? :D)

Hardy
October 24, 2012, 10:17 PM
http://www.mangareader.net/422-27098-8/prince-of-tennis/chapter-201.html

No, this means that Konomi is running out of ideas.

LetalHawk
October 25, 2012, 03:41 AM
After all, not new flashy technique has been shown for a while, I'm still waiting for some "visible" upgrade lol.