PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 220 Discussion/ 221 Predictions

ghostexiled
January 22, 2011, 06:43 PM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current translation here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/220/)

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/58243627/1

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

HaiSuShi
January 29, 2011, 09:12 AM
Fairy Tail 220 (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/58243627/1) is out on Mangastream.

Newkerzy
January 29, 2011, 09:23 AM
Well, a bit of a so-so chapter since I hated that whole Natsu thing. Geez, and here I was hoping for BETTER character development from him. Mira sacrificing herself to protect Lisanna brought a tear to my eye. But I really doubt she's dead since Mashima wants to make this less darker than Rave. But the big cheese was *drum roll* ZEREF. Oh god, has his evil side awakened or what??? or is he just pissed about his resting place being a war field?? damn, as usual can't wait for next chapter!!! I'd give this chapter 7/10 tops.

GOLD.
January 29, 2011, 09:47 AM
i have waited so long to see this! so happy that it is finally out even though we dont get to see much.
mira doesnt fight to safe lissana like many expected and we didnt get to see her true powers. so who does mira think will defeat azuma...

monkey D luffy
January 29, 2011, 10:05 AM
wow shit zeref is angry!!!! poor ultear shes gonna die...
and mira died?!?!?!?! noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after i can think of something that can contributea discussion i will say it

Rarhyx
January 29, 2011, 10:12 AM
so the hand on charle's vision was mira's
If she is dead she will be somehow revived i think >.>

oh and i want the last page colored ^^

HaiSuShi
January 29, 2011, 10:16 AM
I liked this chapter, especially the Mira-Lisanna scenes. It is a pity Mira does not go all out(because she already fought against Elfman and Ever, I assume), but the situation is now so much more severe than last chapter, and I like it.

I hope Mira is alright though, but seeing Lisannas reaction and the fact the unconscoious Mira is smiling, it doesn't look too good...:s

I didn't like Natsus fight last chapter, but his little speech was not too bad.

Ultears reaction to Zeref was somehow strange, but I'm glad to see that this Zeref was not in his awakened state(so he can get more evil).

Is anyone else getting the vibe Asuma is more of a masochist than Zeref?:p

Zatono
January 29, 2011, 10:18 AM
I swear, someone COMPLETELY predicted the Mirajane-Lisanna situation in the 219 discussion thread, but w/e.

Zeref angry at Grimoire Heart? I had a fangasm. I was hoping he'd help out FT against these overpowered people for the longest time, but I'd assume that GH didn't come unprepared to subdue him. There's probably some crazy magic that'll block his power or some nonsense <.<

tobeulp
January 29, 2011, 10:20 AM
Disappointed with the first 5 pages because Zancrow looks like sh!t and Natsu is saying BS things... Then the Fight of Mira is a good match Mira admitting she can't win is a plus for me but she is not dead IMO... Then the last page all I can say is EPIC!!! Mashima is one of the best for me drawing characters with their angry face..

kkck
January 29, 2011, 10:32 AM
I think mira really does die here. Isn't it very possible that it is her hand charle saw? It was a feminine hand to begin with...

Anyways, I expected mira to be more than a match against azuma. To bad for lisana that her transformation takes so much out of her. Of course, asuma has been severely wore down which basically sets the stage for someone else to take him out. I don't think lisana has a chance even now but in turn some of the non s-class mages should have a chance. Perhaps jubia? Technically she is fighting against the little girl with erza but in turn perhaps erza alone will be a match. Or perhaps erza leaves to see what happened to mira and jubia is left in charge.
[hr]
Wonder if zeref will revive mira before whatever is inside him awakes. We have already seen he has power over death so perhaps he also has a little power over life.

monkey D luffy
January 29, 2011, 10:34 AM
wait something is wrong with ultear i just noticed. she said that when she finds zeref she will be saved, maybe she is a prisoner of hades or something like that?

tousendrinksbleach
January 29, 2011, 10:34 AM
next chapter :"the ultimate magic world"
shall we expect some one-shoting?
i really hope zeref ends the fight with one or two moves , that will at least make natsu look like sh!t
maybe we will get a flasy back of ultear

wait something is wrong with ultear i just noticed. she said that when she finds zeref she will be saved, maybe she is a prisoner of hades or something like that?

nah , she was trying to ress him when she cooperated with gerard so i think she joined hades to get her hands on zeref

kkck
January 29, 2011, 10:47 AM

I don't think ultear is a prisoner of GH. Wouldn't see be able to quit the guild otherwise? She was at the council for months and we know the council has some pretty strong mages. In that sense, there are plenty of ways in which she could have had the council help her had the situation been as simple as being held prisoner. I think she for some reason has need of zeref's magic specifically.

Shadow Limiter
January 29, 2011, 10:49 AM

Well when see was saying that meeting Zeref would save her, she was pointing towards the collar belt on her neck.

So there are possibly two reason for her to say that, either Hades or someone more powerful than Hades is controlling & forcing her to do those things.
Or else she wants to get herself released from the curse of using the "Arc of Time" magic. Because we have to remember that Ultear herself said that the magic has a lot of serious side-effects on the user (which is why it is a forbidden magic). Maybe she wants Zeref to remove the power of using the "Arc of Time" magic from her since she can't handle the side-effects anymore.

monkey D luffy
January 29, 2011, 10:53 AM
I don't think ultear is a prisoner of GH. Wouldn't see be able to quit the guild otherwise? She was at the council for months and we know the council has some pretty strong mages. In that sense, there are plenty of ways in which she could have had the council help her had the situation been as simple as being held prisoner. I think she for some reason has need of zeref's magic specifically.

but we all saw what the council could do against azuma, and i would assume they had sent a strong squad to deal with makarov and fairy tail. i doubt the council has enough power to deal with GH.

kkck
January 29, 2011, 11:08 AM
I don't think the full military might of the council can be reflected with a single battleship. It was an impressive feat that asuma managed to destroy a magic battleship that easily but in turn that does not mean the council is weak at all. We have seen the council has an actual army and I would bet they also have actual strong mages within their ranks outside of the actual council members. I don't think grimmoire heart alone could actually take the council were there to be a confrontation.
[hr]
As for natsu, I think he will be up and about soon enough. Makarov is not quite dead yet and he still seems to have some magic left. According to the information card about makarov, the old man actually knows fire spells so I think makarov could use what little power he has left to give natsu some fire and heal him. I don't think he will use some form of flame of rebuke though, just some regular fire.

Rowel
January 29, 2011, 11:15 AM

She probably means saved as in a religious zelot type of way. I doubt shes being forced by Hades to do anything since hes the one who raised her after all.

How exactly did Mirajane shield her sister?
The bomb was between them.

kakashidad
January 29, 2011, 11:36 AM
I really what to say awesome but all i've got is a big WTF!!! was that?Ok natsu falling though exhaustion i can dig that.Natsu saying to gramps lets fight and show are true strenght...i can dig that.But what i can't forgive at the minute(it may pass in an hour?)is what just
transpired with mirajane!

Ok so we got the disclaimer that she can't use ''satan magic'' like however she pleased....clearly(limited)But instead of fighting to her fullest potenial against azuma.She kept looking at the clock...(that's so ***ed up imo.Yeah it's her sister but i've just said in the naruto pages.That if you've something to protect you'd be more ''focused'' and inspired/determined to do so.Not this bitch!And how i was so looking forward
to/there fight..I hope she DEAD!waste of space lol.

Now i like that ultear is going to be on the wrong end of a seriously vicious beatdown(it sounds like i have a problem with women I DON'T)
lmao.The look on her face and the look on zeref face was all i needed to see to make that assumption ''oh me sides''.Zeref it appears is going to be on fairy tails side so we may not actually see gildartz return...unless natsu speach to grampa triggers something in makarov,and he summons him back like we saw with his grandson laxus?

Congrats to all those that said it would be a match between the fairy sisters mirajane and lisanna(spelling)I think the auther missed a trick and probably should of shown us the rest of the girl as that was a shocking fight...only one sister actually fought.I'm so peeved it's untrue.
I guess it's a good manga then lmao.
Oh i've copy pasted this from the forum i still use it is mines and no one elses.

Foundway
January 29, 2011, 11:41 AM
Great chapter. Did Azuma had a teardrop on his face when mira sacrifized herself for lisanna or was it sweat. But all in all Azuma is a great villain. Zeref is angry at GH. Next chapterf will be awesome. Hopefully we can see an additional magic from the kins.

k-dom
January 29, 2011, 12:23 PM
How do you understand the narrator panel on the last page. It's not very clear to me.

Ero-Sanji
January 29, 2011, 12:40 PM
Finally some unexpectedness. It's a bit sad that Mira probably is dead but her Sister should hence forth maybe learn something of it and grow. Perhaps she will defeat Azuma. Either way this chapter was full of win.

First of all Natsu collapses and is probably out of the game. Then Mira shows us an intense and wonderful battle, Azuma did great and didn't lose! I like Azuma's calm yet psychotic personality.

One thing I'd like to know is how Mira absorbed the damage and from the way she looked and talked it seems as if Lisanna is "the one". Oh btw how did the take over magic work, again? Did you have to defeat some random beast or what? Might we see a training arc with Lisanna?

Ultear and Zeref part is going to be huge, I suspect, and maybe we might be seeing Zeref vs Hades!

After the slight disappointment from last weeks chapter this one made my day. I just loved everything about it. If Mira dies this is a great ending for a hero IMO. Too bad Mashima made so it was just Mira who understood that perhaps she should back down.

-Ken-
January 29, 2011, 12:59 PM
Wait, is Zancrow knocked out? That's one of most not-knocked-out eyes I've ssen from a supposely knock out character in the manga, like, ever.

Shame that Mira can't use her full power. It would have been more of a match otherwise. And I like the way Azuma respect her wish and walk away like that.

Zeref's mad face is also cool! I don't mind him taking on Hades or make him the next master of Fairy Tail, but that might be a little too crazy.

Also, perhaps mad theory, Zeref=Whatever the name the 1st master of Fairy Tail, maybe? That would explain his rage. And it would be kind of cool that Markarov was asking the 1st master to protect Fairy Tail too.

Sollum
January 29, 2011, 01:04 PM
How do you understand the narrator panel on the last page. It's not very clear to me.

The "Black Mage Zeref", who has reached summit of evil! He is still "asleep", but to "which future" does his soul beckon?!

=>

Black Mage Zeref is biggest and baddest badass mage of evil out there. At the moment he is Anakin Skywalker, but whom he will become? Jedi or a Sith?

Hope you where asking for this >.>

Anyways, angered Zerfi reminds me of Natsu somehow. And whats up with damn Rinnengan... First Zani, now Zerfi... Hmm, i wouldn't be surprised if Zerfi would use one of Zani's attacks next chapter.

wooticus
January 29, 2011, 01:08 PM
indeed an interesting chapters.

i hope it's not lisanna who defeats azuma.. that would be too much.. after all mira is/was s-class mage and i can not like lisanna pulling some beast soul transformation. moreover i still believe that gildartz is the one who has to defeat azuma. he has yet to show what makes him so important for the guild and i think he is at least on par with azuma.

as for zeref... well i guss after zeref being hyped so much for the whole manga.. it would be quite ridiculous if ultear could somehow control him with some magic she pulls of. i could agree with her protecting against him through ark of time magic, but somehow winning against him? no - f***** - way.

Rarhyx
January 29, 2011, 01:11 PM
zeref is angry because natsu collapsed and he thinks natsu the only one who can stop him :p

swordsaintscoot
January 29, 2011, 01:32 PM
I thought it was mentioned ages ago that lisanna was some kind of beast form prodigy, way back in the day where we thought she was dead?

Zehahaha
January 29, 2011, 01:40 PM
Are we sure that Natsu is the hero of the manga ? Because that last page with Zeref on it was absolutely awesome. I'd like to know more about him now, and I feel that he'll be with the good guys after all this battle will end.

Well, Mira vs Azuma was pretty good, and sad. I suppose FT needs to receive some damage too, glad it wasn't Natsu anyway.

Zatono
January 29, 2011, 01:45 PM
Mashima really knows how to make badass faces. That page was Zeref's Crowning Moment of Badassery (that we've seen on panel).

MonsterEnvy
January 29, 2011, 01:47 PM
well Natsu fainted and Zancrow on the ground looks pissed as hell so I still do think that Zancrow will get up and leave due to his injurys

I belive the one person Mira is talking about is gildartz

Marche
January 29, 2011, 01:48 PM
There is a thing that I have not understand.
How is possible that Lisanna is alive, if the explosion began where there is the time, the explosion here should between Mira and Lisanna http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/58243627/18, so Mira should not be able to protect Lisanna.
If someone has understood how this has been possible, can answer me????
Thanks.

saladesu
January 29, 2011, 01:52 PM
If Mira really dies in this chapter, then I applaud Mashima-sensei for actually killing someone off. Though I like Mirajane and everything, I'd just be glad that he broke that shounen stereotype (of sorts) that characters, especially more central/important ones or ones that are well-liked, can't die.

Or else she wants to get herself released from the curse of using the "Arc of Time" magic. Because we have to remember that Ultear herself said that the magic has a lot of serious side-effects on the user (which is why it is a forbidden magic). Maybe she wants Zeref to remove the power of using the "Arc of Time" magic from her since she can't handle the side-effects anymore.

Exactly what I wanted to say :) I agree that this is the reason why Ultear says that she will be free once she finds Zeref.

The clash between Zeref and Grimoire Heart will definitely be interesting to see, I certainly hope it will be epic :D

exacta
January 29, 2011, 01:59 PM
Natsu's speech about how Gildartz was wrong was dumb. Makarov got owned like a chump, and Zeref is on the island, FT needs to GTFO lol.

Guess we haven't seen the last of Zancrow?

Azuma's magic is awesome. He uses wood and explosions.....a strange yet badass combination. Bugs me a little that Mirajane wasn't a full strength. Does that mean that Azuma can't beat a full power Mirajane??? That would bug me a little, since this is the first real victory since all of the 7 kin came to the island.

@Marche
If the explosion comes out of the seal with the timer on it, I guess it would kinda make sense since it looks like she embraced the seal....but if its the roots that exploded, which also seems likely because thats how Chain Burst worked, then I would think Lisanna should be in more pain. Im confused too.....

I doubt Mirajane's dead. Someone said Mashima wants this to be less darker than Rave. Rave was not dark lol, if he really did say that then I would be surprised if she wasn't coming back. We haven't seen enough of her in action anyway. But Makarov.....this is the 3rd time hes been in danger of "dying". It was lame enough when he reused it the 2nd time, if he comes out okay again, its going to get even older....

MonsterEnvy
January 29, 2011, 02:04 PM
There is a thing that I have not understand.
How is possible that Lisanna is alive, if the explosion began where there is the time, the explosion here should between Mira and Lisanna http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/58243627/18, so Mira should not be able to protect Lisanna.
If someone has understood how this has been possible, can answer me????
Thanks.

its magic

don't question how it works
[hr]

Natsu's speech about how Gildartz was wrong was dumb. Makarov got owned like a chump, and Zeref is on the island, FT needs to GTFO lol.

Guess we haven't seen the last of Zancrow?

Azuma's magic is awesome. He uses wood and explosions.....a strange yet badass combination. Bugs me a little that Mirajane wasn't a full strength. Does that mean that Azuma can't beat a full power Mirajane??? That would bug me a little, since this is the first real victory since all of the 7 kin came to the island.

@Marche
If the explosion comes out of the seal with the timer on it, I guess it would kinda make sense since it looks like she embraced the seal....but if its the roots that exploded, which also seems likely because thats how Chain Burst worked, then I would think Lisanna should be in more pain. Im confused too.....

I doubt Mirajane's dead. Someone said Mashima wants this to be less darker than Rave. Rave was not dark lol, if he really did say that then I would be surprised if she wasn't coming back. We haven't seen enough of her in action anyway. But Makarov.....this is the 3rd time hes been in danger of "dying". It was lame enough when he reused it the 2nd time, if he comes out okay again, its going to get even older....

we don't know if Mira could have beaten Azuma but at full power she could have actully put up a fight as she only got one good hit on him and it really did nothing

wooticus
January 29, 2011, 02:11 PM
just reread the chapter. why has zeref the same eyes as zancrow? could it be that zeref also is a "god slayer"? or maybe it has something to do with lost magic..

Marche
January 29, 2011, 02:13 PM
I have other question:
1)Also in her fight against Fried in Mira's body appeared some cracks as here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/220/10???

2) What means Mira's words here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/220/16???
I have not understood if she want to say that also if she used all her power she would lost anyways, or (if as I think) if she can't use her true power, for somereason (she already spent some mage power against Elfman, or perhaps she lost some of her mages power after "Lisanna's dead", and she has not more the power that she had some yars ago (and perhaps for this she said "I was called demon...")).

3) Shadow Limiter can you say me where Ultear said that the magic has has a lot of serious side-effect for the user, which chapter say this????

street_san
January 29, 2011, 02:15 PM
I swear people on this forums are just plain sadistic. Last week chapter was bad cause Natsu won, and this chapter was great cause Mira died o.O

Anyway on to the chapter;

This chapter was good, not epic, but a good chapter. I liked Natsu's speech. Even though GH isn't in this island for fairy tail in the first place, they still attacked their guild. Why should Natsu change his mind and think of retreating. The problem isn't Natsu but Makaraov. Since when does he acknowledge defeats and accept people to hurt his family ? Natsu just remind Makarov what he always taught him to do; protect his friends at all cost.

Yeah yeah, GH IS stronger then Fairy Tail right now, but still, FT has enough power to give a significent amount of damage to GH, and even if they manage to get Zeref, they'll have to take care of their wounds before putting up in place their ultimate goal.

Natsu defeating Zancrow was for me....plain normal. He IS a Dragon Slayer. This was a battle between 2 lost magic users, and we know that Dragon Slayer magic is one of the most powerful in the entire manga. Natsu he's older than Makarov, soo the immense power of a Dragon Slayer is sleeping inside of him. That's why in each fight there is always something I liked to call a "key" that permit Natsu to unleash a portion of the immense power he has, and this is exactly what happened in his fight against Zancrow. The black flames had the same role the the flame of rebuke had (just a little beat weaker IMO). Give Natsu the opportunity to unleash a fragment of his immense power. Hence, if Zeref, Black Mage Zeref, acknowledge Natsu as the only one who can break him....why are we surprise by Natsu sudden boost of power ? If we have to classified by power each lost magic, then I think, even though it is pure speculation, that we can all come to the conclusion that the Dragon Slayer Magic is one of the most powerful ones, stronger then each of the 7 kin magic. It's just a matter of controling it.

As for Mira, man that was cruel. She did deliver a pretty good fight though. If it wasn't for Lissana "handicap", she might had the upper hand against Azuma. I don't think that she was talking about Lissana though when she said that someone can beat him. Just like some others said, my vote goes to Gildartz for that one. But by seeing her performance, I think that it's enough to say that each actual S-class mage, if they use their full power, can fight on par with the 7 kins.

kkck
January 29, 2011, 03:16 PM
just reread the chapter. why has zeref the same eyes as zancrow? could it be that zeref also is a "god slayer"? or maybe it has something to do with lost magic..

I think it is more possible for zeref to be a god slayer than a dragon slayer at this point. Zeref seemingly has power over life and death (he was able to create the flute and deliora and his very magic is called living magic in past arcs) which is pretty much a godlike power. Whether he is a DS or a GS it still has something to do with lost magic considering both of them are in fact lost magic. I get the impression gods themselves in earthland are not altogether superior to dragons.

That said, this whole thing about the gods just helped me come up with a theory. In greek mythology tartarus was the place where the olympians threw the titans into. It was used as a place to dispose of guys who threatened the olympians. I think that when the dark guild tartarus finally makes an appearance it will deal with old gods or such. These guys might for whatever reason want to release them. If it was the dragons who dealt with the gods back in the day then there is quite a bit of reason for the real DS to get involved in such an event and for it to be personal.

Another, thing, about asuma's magic. I get the impression his power is not to create explosions as was shura's power in rave but rather to make things themselves explode. In that sense, his magic has two parts. First the thing about controlling stuff around him. That allows him to make a bomb out of anything at any time. Then there is the power to turn things into bombs. That is how he attacked the council's battleship, he turned it into a bomb. His fire pillar thing and other generic explosions perhaps consists of making his own body a bomb of sorts.

StarlightBreaker
January 29, 2011, 03:19 PM
This was a good chapter. It definitely was better than last week's.
Mirajane put up a good fight. Azuma remained as awesome as before. The whole thing with Mirajane saving Lisanna was kind of sad though.
Well it looks like it'll be Zeref vs Ultear next chapter, huh...
That'll be interesting (though I kind of expect it to go quickly).

MonsterEnvy
January 29, 2011, 03:26 PM
I swear people on this forums are just plain sadistic. Last week chapter was bad cause Natsu won, and this chapter was great cause Mira died o.O

This chapter was good, not epic, but a good chapter. I liked Natsu's speech. Even though GH isn't in this island for fairy tail in the first place, they still attacked their guild. Why should Natsu change his mind and think of retreating. The problem isn't Natsu but Makaraov. Since when does he acknowledge defeats and accept people to hurt his family ? Natsu just remind Makarov what he always taught him to do; protect his friends at all cost.

Yeah yeah, GH IS stronger then Fairy Tail right now, but still, FT has enough power to give a significent amount of damage to GH, and even if they manage to get Zeref, they'll have to take care of their wounds before putting up in place their ultimate goal.

Natsu defeating Zancrow was for me....plain normal. He IS a Dragon Slayer. This was a battle between 2 lost magic users, and we know that Dragon Slayer magic is one of the most powerful in the entire manga. Natsu he's older than Makarov, soo the immense power of a Dragon Slayer is sleeping inside of him. That's why in each fight there is always something I liked to call a "key" that permit Natsu to unleash a portion of the immense power he has, and this is exactly what happened in his fight against Zancrow. The black flames had the same role the the flame of rebuke had (just a little beat weaker IMO). Give Natsu the opportunity to unleash a fragment of his immense power. Hence, if Zeref, Black Mage Zeref, acknowledge Natsu as the only one who can break him....why are we surprise by Natsu sudden boost of power ? If we have to classified by power each lost magic, then I think, even though it is pure speculation, that we can all come to the conclusion that the Dragon Slayer Magic is one of the most powerful ones, stronger then each of the 7 kin magic. It's just a matter of controling it.

As for Mira, man that was cruel. She did deliver a pretty good fight though. If it wasn't for Lissana "handicap", she might had the upper hand against Azuma. I don't think that she was talking about Lissana though when she said that someone can beat him. Just like some others said, my vote goes to Gildartz for that one. But by seeing her performance, I think that it's enough to say that each actual S-class mage, if they use their full power, can fight on par with the 7 kins.

the only thing your wrong about is that Zancrow is still awake and looking pissed although he has not gotten up and Natsu has fainted so no they really can't do any damage to GH

Curryman
January 29, 2011, 03:48 PM
Awesome Chapter. Obviously Lisanna is going to go Gohan on Azuma next.

Pretty sure the person Mirajane was talking about was Lisanna.

I'm guessing she has some sort of power that perfectly counters the explosions.

Not sure what the hell Ultear was talking about though about being saved.

street_san
January 29, 2011, 03:50 PM
the only thing your wrong about is that Zancrow is still awake and looking pissed although he has not gotten up and Natsu has fainted so no they really can't do any damage to GH

You kidding right ? Even though Zancrow is awake he took a signifcent amount of damage and even if he manage to wake up, I really doubt, really doubt he had enough strength to finish Natsu AND makarov.

Saying Fairy Tail can't do any damage to GH is danm wrong. Azuma took a little bit of damage, and Zancrow is actually the best proof someone can give.

Yeah I do think that FT is going to lose this battle, but it isn't a walk in the park for GH either, as they to, will suffer significent damage.

Sollum
January 29, 2011, 03:53 PM
Another, thing, about asuma's magic. I get the impression his power is not to create explosions as was shura's power in rave but rather to make things themselves explode. In that sense, his magic has two parts. First the thing about controlling stuff around him. That allows him to make a bomb out of anything at any time. Then there is the power to turn things into bombs. That is how he attacked the council's battleship, he turned it into a bomb. His fire pillar thing and other generic explosions perhaps consists of making his own body a bomb of sorts.

I think his power is related to control over the Wood.

He can merge with trees. Furthermore, ships explosion might have been related to the fact that ship was made out of the wood. When he attacked Wendy, it was a straight line of explosion, i think it might have been root of a tree. In this chapter he made roots sprout that blow up.

He is something like a Druid.
But frankly it makes no sense. What kind of Lost Magic is that? It's not even evil one.

I bet Juvia and Gray would be a perfect counter for him.

kkck
January 29, 2011, 04:04 PM
Lost magic does not have to be evil in the least. DS is not evil, GS magic was evil either. Urtear's arc of time certainly was not evil... I don't think magic in itself is evil but rather the issue is how exactly it is used.

Not very sure if it is control over wood but it could be. Can't tell if those things that came out of the ground were tree's per say or something similar to what the oracion 6 guy did. Anyways, if he wields two types of magic then either one of them could be lost magic. Both of them don't necessarily have to be lost magic but it could also be that both of them are. I think at least the exploding thing is lost magic, the power to create explosions, to obliterate seems godly or demonic enough to me.

kakashidad
January 29, 2011, 04:31 PM

Dude i agree with most of your review of this issue .Apart from MIRAJANE man that pissed me right off.She's suppose to be an S-CLASS mage and fought like a wuss.Maybe i expected too much from her since i saw what and how she handle fried....it's been over a hour and i'm still mad at that outcome of that fight.lol.

Ok azuma looked badass from the moment he destroyed the coucil ship in the bay.And yeah see actually got his blood pumping for a change.But for an s-class mage she sucked ass hard...hope that not too strong,i'm really disappointed with her performance.Even the save of her sister made no sense.It's an EXpolsion both should of been in a badway not one take all the brunt of the force.Sigh at least she was brave to the end.

What was that cover all about?energy is the key?

kkck
January 29, 2011, 04:34 PM
IMO mira did not fight badly at all. She simply was exhausted from her previous fight with elfman. Based on what the chapter said, her satan soul transformation consumes a good deal of magic. In that sense, she was not in a good position. Even then she resisted asuma's explosions and left him fairly beat up considering everything. Had they fought under different circumstances mira might have actually won this thing.

Askia32
January 29, 2011, 04:47 PM
Wow what a chapter. Say it ain't so with Mira. After Lisanna's death, Mira seems like she basically stopped being a mage. Than with Lisanna's revival, Mira sacrifices herself so her sister can live. That is just too cruel.

Man, and Elfman gained his sister back to lose the other. Wow....

I blame R rated movies, video games, and rap music.

LoS
January 29, 2011, 04:55 PM
Awesome Chapter. Obviously Lisanna is going to go Gohan on Azuma next.

Pretty sure the person Mirajane was talking about was Lisanna.

I'm guessing she has some sort of power that perfectly counters the explosions.

This would for all intents and purposes be incredibly lame. This has the makings of completely awful storytelling. Nakama power up + asspull times infinity. Just boring.

MonsterEnvy
January 29, 2011, 04:58 PM
You kidding right ? Even though Zancrow is awake he took a signifcent amount of damage and even if he manage to wake up, I really doubt, really doubt he had enough strength to finish Natsu AND makarov.

Saying Fairy Tail can't do any damage to GH is danm wrong. Azuma took a little bit of damage, and Zancrow is actually the best proof someone can give.

Yeah I do think that FT is going to lose this battle, but it isn't a walk in the park for GH either, as they to, will suffer significent damage.
Zancrow is awake and i know he is not going to finish them I bet he is going to get up and leave due to his wounds

This would for all intents and purposes be incredibly lame. This has the makings of completely awful storytelling. Nakama power up + asspull times infinity. Just boring.
true she is probbley talking about gildartz

plus how would she know about Lisiana's powers the girl has been gone for a few years

LoS
January 29, 2011, 05:20 PM
true she is probbley talking about gildartz

I doubt it, Gildartz would be the obvious choice. Plus, we all are lead to believe that what Gildartz has shown thus far is stronger than anything we have seen thus far from the seven kin.

It will most likely be someone else, I just hope it isn't Lisanna or someone else not very strong.

meepers4982
January 29, 2011, 05:34 PM
i really liked this chapter. I hope mira isnt dead because i really like the character but it would definitely bring about a emotional situation in the story. I dont think zeref is evil as much as he is angry that they intruded on the island and disturbed the 'peace'. I personally think he isnt so bad since he knew Natsu and as some people predicted ultear has different motives then hades. Im really looking forward to the next chapter.

White Silver King
January 29, 2011, 05:36 PM
This was fucking bullshit. Kill off Mira, really?! She shouldn't have lost at all! First, Mashima makes her completely powerless, then (because no one can outshine Natsu) he limits the power that she finally got back and then gets her blown up and possibly killed. The only good thing about this chapter is that Natsu is unconscious and that Zeref is about to kick some ass. Otherwise, fucking bullshit...

Lectro Volpi
January 29, 2011, 05:36 PM
Good chapter for me.

I will not parade victory with the Zancrow thing yet.

Truth to be told, I was afraid of the seven kin and their lost magic but now that Mira with her "common" magic almost won over Azuma then...

Gildarts > Grimoire Heart (Hades and French fries not included)

To me, Mira is going to live. There was no emotional flashback or anything extreme for a character of her calibre.

I hope for some Zeref pwning next chapter!

So for people to say Gildartz could wipe the floor with all of the seven kin is pretty absurd. He could probably defeat each of them individually, but collectively, or successively is a huge stretch.

Yeah, I need to correct my post:

Gildarts > Ballam Alliance (Hades and French fries not included)

swordsaintscoot
January 29, 2011, 05:52 PM
mira was stronger than azuma

he said himself "if she could use her full strength she would be MORE than a match"

Ero-Sanji
January 29, 2011, 06:09 PM
I think it is Lisanna but who said the rematch has to be right now?

Natsu was no match for Ultear but in time he will. I think the future Mrs. Dragneel will get stronger as well. Her sisters "death" might result in Lisanna becoming more serious and determined.

LoS
January 29, 2011, 06:21 PM
Jeez, people need to reread the chapter. Quite a few of you are making completely incorrect posts.

From Mira directly: "He's too strong....I figured using all my power"

this is right after she sends her energy blast right at Azuma who is not injured in the slightest. All her power barely scratched him.

What she was saying at the beginning of the chapter is that she can't support Satan Soul/her full power for very long. Not that she can't go all out, but that she doesn't have enough endurance left to use it for very long.

What we see in the fight is that when Mira was going all out neither her nor Azuma had an advantage. Neither was clearly stronger than the other.

Also, where are people getting off saying Azuma is worn out or even injured? Since when has tattered clothing been a sign of injury? The guy isn't limping, or even panting. He basically beat her without suffering lasting damage.

So for people to say Gildartz could wipe the floor with all of the seven kin is pretty absurd. He could probably defeat each of them individually, but collectively, or successively is a huge stretch.

MonsterEnvy
January 29, 2011, 06:22 PM
mira was stronger than azuma

he said himself "if she could use her full strength she would be MORE than a match"

he said that he just said that she was entertaining him

her most powerful attack made his head bleed a bit if she was at her full power she would be even with him

sarutobi_sensei
January 29, 2011, 07:07 PM
Natsu fell because of overusing his power. Nice. @ least it has drawbacks.

Zancrow's face xD

Man, if only Mira hadn't used Satan Soul against Elfman she would be surely the winner.

Zomg, Zeref is pissed because they are causing chaos on the guild's island!

Let them have it little one!

Rarhyx
January 29, 2011, 07:15 PM
After this
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/58243627/25
i want zeref to become a ft member

sarutobi_sensei
January 29, 2011, 07:38 PM
Well, the thing is, he probably is one already. Remember when he and Eva and Elfman met and she said, what are you doing here on the guilds island? He replied: Oh, so this island belongs to the guild?

He obviously knew that it had to do with FT guild.

Which leads me to further believe in my theory that Natsu, Zeref, Wendy, Gajeel, and others were originally members of the same guild/group and something happened to Zeref that made them split up and lose their memories, probably maintaining them in a deep sleep while being protected by the Dragons.

Srsl this theory for me just fits on the whole 400 year thing and the fact that the clothes they are all wearing are basically the same, save for Wendy.

Oberon
January 29, 2011, 07:45 PM
After all it seems that Natsu has been affected by the God Slayer flames, and moreover Zancrow isn't been defeated yet.. At the end not everything has to be thrown.

As I said Azuma win the fight, this guy is too strong for all Fairy's members. Mirajane and Lisanna were not up to the challenge, I know that Mirajane wasn't at 100%, but probably even if there was, the result would be the same.

And now the question Zeref arises :amuse

lamenguy
January 29, 2011, 07:57 PM
the chapter is okay, i find zeref has the double personity, i should have called it 双面人. lisanna is going for the kamikaze, if she can, she will trick him.

Shiro Tsuki
January 29, 2011, 07:59 PM
Okay well GEEZ!

Natsu gets to be nakama-crap-let's-fight-I-no-lose-pathetico!
And Mira gets one single chapter and she is down :|
These weird power ups of Natsu is seriously getting on my nerves!!

Okay - Maybe it would seem real cheesy to let her win.
But that Azuma guy was freaky - Getting Lisanna trapped -
I get it he is strong (or stronger that Mira)!
But that is darn unfair...

I might sound anti-hero - But Natsu gets what he can handle -
and the rest (even if they are S-Class mages) will have to lose to maintain the lose-win balance....
[GET ME BACK WHEN ERZA WINS...AGAIN]

[and yes can someone please KILL MAKAROV - Its high time!]

Razh
January 29, 2011, 08:29 PM
What a dirt bag, fighting a distracted woman and expecting a real fight. Why not set the time limit for 5 minutes, or 10 minutes if you're such a big shot? I'm looking forward to see Azuma go down. I vote for Natsu FACE FIST :p

Having mentioned the explosion time limit, it makes me wonder why Mashima decided for 3 minutes. Does Mira have to die in such a lame way for it to make sense? And if she is dead, is she the only one who's going to die? Will this manga become darker?

As for Lisanna fighting Azuma now, I don't think so. She's mentally fucked up now, just like Luffy was near the end of Marineford battle in One Piece.

White Silver King
January 29, 2011, 08:40 PM
I vote for Natsu FACE FIST

I will FACE FIST Mashima if that happens. The only way he can redeem himself if he makes Azuma walk away for now i.e. no fight with Lisanna (who will win for whatever bullshit reason Mira couldn't), has Wendy heal up Mira (she better not be dead) and then have an actual fight with a 100% Mira against 100% Azuma and have her win.

Actually, just let me know when someone besides Natsu wins a fight without using a Nakama-Plot-no-Jutsu. 'Til then, I'm done with Fairy Tail.

kkck
January 29, 2011, 09:06 PM
I don't think zeref could have been a member of fairy tail. Fairy tail was founded by mavis vermilion and since him there have been 2 other masters. Unless mavis was master of the guild for 200-300 years then I don't see how zeref could have been a part of it.

-Ken-
January 29, 2011, 10:46 PM
I don't think zeref could have been a member of fairy tail. Fairy tail was founded by mavis vermilion and since him there have been 2 other masters. Unless mavis was master of the guild for 200-300 years then I don't see how zeref could have been a part of it.

Well, Zeref could have been Marvis, perhaps?

sarutobi_sensei
January 29, 2011, 11:11 PM

Think of the timeline, the guild has been in existence for like 200 years.

Plus, was it ever mentioned that it was Mavis who created it? I know what you're thinking, he was the 1st master, therefore he should have created it. But what if Fairy Tail wasn't originally a guild, but a group of people, a brootherwood of sorts of which the DS's and Zeref were part and only some people knew of that truth?

I mean, I'm 90% sure that Zeref knows of the guild and is a part of Fairy Tail or what it was before it became Fairy Tail.

Plus, what's wrong with Mavis living 200 or 300 years? The old guy from Nirvit, even though it was just in spirit, was also alive for like 400 years.

Plus, look @ how old Hades is and how old he looked like when he gave the guild to Makarov. He was 40 or something like that years younger and he still looked like he was in his 60 70 or 80's.
[hr]

Well, Zeref could have been Marvis, perhaps?
That I don't think it is the case, but it is a possibility.

kkck
January 29, 2011, 11:25 PM
Think of the timeline, the guild has been in existence for like 200 years.

Plus, was it ever mentioned that it was Mavis who created it? I know what you're thinking, he was the 1st master, therefore he should have created it. But what if Fairy Tail wasn't originally a guild, but a group of people, a brootherwood of sorts of which the DS's and Zeref were part and only some people knew of that truth?

I mean, I'm 90% sure that Zeref knows of the guild and is a part of Fairy Tail or what it was before it became Fairy Tail.

Plus, what's wrong with Mavis living 200 or 300 years? The old guy from Nirvit, even though it was just in spirit, was also alive for like 400 years.

Plus, look @ how old Hades is and how old he looked like when he gave the guild to Makarov. He was 40 or something like that years younger and he still looked like he was in his 60 70 or 80's.
<hr noshade size="1">

That I don't think it is the case, but it is a possibility.

Well, the nirvit guy was not alive in any form.... Even he said he was less than a spirit. I doubt the master of fairy tail could afford to be master as a powerless spirit. If mavis was the first master but not the founder nor had anything to do with the founding then the guild would have had to be masterler for 400 years. Where there even magic guilds back in zeref's time? According to hades, he traced magic to its origins and reached zeref. In that sense, it does not seem like magic would have been all that common back in the day. Perhaps fairy tail was reformed or something of the sort by mavis hence why he was the first master...

Yashie
January 30, 2011, 12:24 AM
But Mira's beating-up of Azuma HAD to leave Azuma pretty weak, weak enough for him to be finished off by the now "Nakama-powered-up" Lisanna .. I mean she isn't really that weak or anything, just a little out-of-practice.
I, for one, would like to see Azuma go down to Lisanna :)

MonsterEnvy
January 30, 2011, 01:04 AM
Well, the thing is, he probably is one already. Remember when he and Eva and Elfman met and she said, what are you doing here on the guilds island? He replied: Oh, so this island belongs to the guild?

He obviously knew that it had to do with FT guild.

Which leads me to further believe in my theory that Natsu, Zeref, Wendy, Gajeel, and others were originally members of the same guild/group and something happened to Zeref that made them split up and lose their memories, probably maintaining them in a deep sleep while being protected by the Dragons.

Srsl this theory for me just fits on the whole 400 year thing and the fact that the clothes they are all wearing are basically the same, save for Wendy.
Wendy is 12 its been stated so theroy killed

Okay well GEEZ!

Natsu gets to be nakama-crap-let's-fight-I-no-lose-pathetico!
And Mira gets one single chapter and she is down :|
These weird power ups of Natsu is seriously getting on my nerves!!

Okay - Maybe it would seem real cheesy to let her win.
But that Azuma guy was freaky - Getting Lisanna trapped -
I get it he is strong (or stronger that Mira)!
But that is darn unfair...

I might sound anti-hero - But Natsu gets what he can handle -
and the rest (even if they are S-Class mages) will have to lose to maintain the lose-win balance....
[GET ME BACK WHEN ERZA WINS...AGAIN]

[and yes can someone please KILL MAKAROV - Its high time!]
Natsu fainted and Zancrow is still consious

also Erza and juvia are probbly going to lose to Meredy

What a dirt bag, fighting a distracted woman and expecting a real fight. Why not set the time limit for 5 minutes, or 10 minutes if you're such a big shot? I'm looking forward to see Azuma go down. I vote for Natsu FACE FIST :p

Having mentioned the explosion time limit, it makes me wonder why Mashima decided for 3 minutes. Does Mira have to die in such a lame way for it to make sense? And if she is dead, is she the only one who's going to die? Will this manga become darker?

As for Lisanna fighting Azuma now, I don't think so. She's mentally fucked up now, just like Luffy was near the end of Marineford battle in One Piece.
Natsu fainted i don't think he is doing anything else

But Mira's beating-up of Azuma HAD to leave Azuma pretty weak, weak enough for him to be finished off by the now "Nakama-powered-up" Lisanna .. I mean she isn't really that weak or anything, just a little out-of-practice.
I, for one, would like to see Azuma go down to Lisanna :)

Azuma has one drop of blood going down his head thats not weakened plus he is walking away and Lisiana honestly does not stand a chance

LoS
January 30, 2011, 01:25 AM
also Erza and juvia are probbly going to lose to Meredy

I had Meldy pegged as the strongest of that group since her introduction, now that is yet to be seen, but hopefully I am not too far off. I always thought she would win, but since she seems weak willed/minded she might be corrupted or acting against her will. And we all know Erza's specialty, of attacking the feelings of her opponent. Erza might lose in magical power, but I feel she will convince Meldy she is on the wrong side.

-Ken-
January 30, 2011, 02:04 AM
I'm not sure about Erza losing. Like, really not sure. Even her opposite in Edolas doesn't lose!

MonsterEnvy
January 30, 2011, 02:21 AM
I'm not sure about Erza losing. Like, really not sure. Even her opposite in Edolas doesn't lose!

well she lost to Cobra and would have lost to Midnight if it was not due to that eye of hers so she is not unbeatable

MechR
January 30, 2011, 02:40 AM
well she lost to Cobra and would have lost to Midnight if it was not due to that eye of hers so she is not unbeatableShe was doing fine against Cobra until Racer and Hoteye jumped in. Going by the manga, mind you.

swordsaintscoot
January 30, 2011, 02:41 AM
manga canon is canon

anime canon is secondary canon

when the two clash manga canon wins

erzas eye seems to save her a lot

Ero-Sanji
January 30, 2011, 03:14 AM
About Mira being worned out or not, remember that she did say that she can't use the spell or whatever over and over again. That to me sounds like a matter of fatigue.

It was once said that she had tremendous magic sources but in this fight she did less than in the fight against Fried. I mean just the transformation ripped the earth apart and then she manipulated the surrounding waters only to finish with a grand blast.

So I think Mira really was worned out and that she could have done better.

LoS
January 30, 2011, 03:24 AM
I mean just the transformation ripped the earth apart and then she manipulated the surrounding waters only to finish with a grand blast.

You also have to understand that this was part of the hype. We had yet to that point actually seen Mira's Satan Soul transformation. So in that regard it was meant to be a wow factor.

Ero-Sanji
January 30, 2011, 03:40 AM
You also have to understand that this was part of the hype. We had yet to that point actually seen Mira's Satan Soul transformation. So in that regard it was meant to be a wow factor.

Oh, please don't say that:s

I get the point but at the same time it's the only thing we can compare to and when doing that this performance was very meek.

Wow factor or not I still think it counts and that she should be able to do it again. We know for a fact that Elfman and Evergreen gave her a challenge and on top of that she said that she can't use it over and over again, so I'll stick to the fatigue theory.

k-dom
January 30, 2011, 03:52 AM
Mira has not regain all her power. The fact that her S class rank was undeterminate hints that. Plus she had a serious fight previously. As for Lisanna taking revenge for her, I seriously doubt. I know that mishima likes the power up that come out of nowhere but there should be limits to it.
As for Mira state, I'm not to worried for her, seing how Makarov is still alive. But I'm not sure Wendy will be able to cure everyone. That is if she regains consciousness

LoS
January 30, 2011, 04:50 AM
Wow factor or not I still think it counts and that she should be able to do it again. We know for a fact that Elfman and Evergreen gave her a challenge and on top of that she said that she can't use it over and over again, so I'll stick to the fatigue theory.

Well you see, the problem is that Mira herself said she didn't hold back. She attacked as ferociously as she is capable of, the only deterrent to her attack was fatigue. Meaning she couldn't keep up her full force for an extended period of time, not that she couldn't attack as powerfully as she wished.

And if you feel short changed then just know that this was for plot purposes. Mira had to have been defeated here, we will soon find out just why that is. But for someone to be defeated if she were to make the earth explode and shoot a typhoon at Azuma only to be defeated it just wouldn't sit well at all. So in the end it worked out well, she got defeated not by someone who was stronger, since they were both equal strength, but rather she got defeated because she was already fatigued.

Ero-Sanji
January 30, 2011, 06:23 AM
So in the end it worked out well, she got defeated not by someone who was stronger, since they were both equal strength, but rather she got defeated because she was already fatigued.

Yes and that's what I've been trying to say:p

Anyway, her loss as you said will have its reasonable consequences, I guess it's because FT will lose and that it will make Lisanna more powerful seeing how useless she was.

LoS
January 30, 2011, 07:11 AM
seeing how useless she was.

not only was she useless, she was a complete moron. She seriously believed she could step up and take on Azuma while Mira recuperated, bwahahah.

sarutobi_sensei
January 30, 2011, 08:24 AM
Well, the nirvit guy was not alive in any form.... Even he said he was less than a spirit. I doubt the master of fairy tail could afford to be master as a powerless spirit. If mavis was the first master but not the founder nor had anything to do with the founding then the guild would have had to be masterler for 400 years. Where there even magic guilds back in zeref's time? According to hades, he traced magic to its origins and reached zeref. In that sense, it does not seem like magic would have been all that common back in the day. Perhaps fairy tail was reformed or something of the sort by mavis hence why he was the first master...

A powerless spirit who maintained an illusion for over 5 years. For me that's not really weak :s

Anyway, it's not that the guild would be masterless for years, and it's not 400 years certainly, it's the fact that Mavis, FT, Natsu, DS's in general and Dragons have a connection, an ancient one, to Zeref.

Mavis could be a person who lived hundreds of years, passing on FT to the person who he thought was best to take that role.

No, probably not that common, but, there could be cults, groups that practiced magic. And to me, on that group, were the DS's and Zeref.

Wendy is 12 its been stated so theroy killed
Oh yeah right, like that has anything to do with it?

Zeref is 400 years old, how do you explain that he looks like a 15/17 years old kid, who knows Natsu and the guild?

How do you also explain that Natsu, when first seeing Wendy, instantly gained interest in her, and even more when she mentioned the name, and he was like: now where have I heard that before.

Plus the clothing of the Dragon Slayers (not the fake ones), they have older designs.

Most of the evidence is there, I just need confirmation.

p1xel
January 30, 2011, 09:32 AM
Nice chapter, i liked the whole fight. Of course Mira didn`t die, beacuse no one dies. And of course Zeref will help FT. Too predictable, I would like more surprises...
Probably Erza will help Lisanna or something, and Laxus will be back after 5-6 chapters IMO. I want to see Lucy in next chapter, didn`t see her for a while.
Natsu, Makarov and Mira-eliminated. I still hope FT will lose this time. And I really want someone to become a S class mage. If Fairy Tail will win that battle, I think Makarov will make someone a S class mage for saving the guild(Natsu probably?). If he will be alive:P

danaholland
January 30, 2011, 12:54 PM
do we know how mavis died what if it was purehito who killed him to become the second master of fairy tail. Also a really crazy idea about the theory that was suggested about the actual ages of the dragon slayers. What if wendy's dragon was stronger than natsu's and natsu's was stronger than gajeel's. Maybe the stronger the dragonslayer/dragon the more power was lost and thus the slayer was reverted back to a younger form

kkck
January 30, 2011, 01:21 PM
I think someone will bring back mira from the dead, possibly zeref. It is too early to kill her. Fairy tail is slowly but surely losings its s-class mages and lisana barely came back....

MonsterEnvy
January 30, 2011, 02:27 PM
Oh, please don't say that:s

I get the point but at the same time it's the only thing we can compare to and when doing that this performance was very meek.

actully she more or less kicked E and E's asses from what i could tell tell they tricked her by saying they were getting married and used her shock to sneak attack her

not only was she useless, she was a complete moron. She seriously believed she could step up and take on Azuma while Mira recuperated, bwahahah.

well she is not actully S class metiral she just voulunteered to be a partner

1337 haxor
January 30, 2011, 04:55 PM
First of all, I got what Mirajane meant by "I figured if I used my fullpower".

She wasn't refering to beating Azuma, she was talking about saving Lisanna.

Mirajane figured her magic was running dry and she had two options, she could put all of it to defeat Azuma or she could use it to create a barrier that would shield Lisanna.

It was a crucial far reaching decision.

Mirajane knew that even at full power she would never manage to defeat Azuma in time to save Lisanna and because she could not bear to lose her sister again she choose to sacrifice herself.

The last of her magic was used to cast a protection of love (people who read Harry Poter knows what I am talking about) that made Lisanna partially invulnerable to the explosion.

You can say that Mira shielded Lisanna with her very soul.

The way she took that blow and her seemingly death is a very peculiar plot solution where someone is too hyped to be taken out in a fight and is forced to do a sacrifice for the sake of a beloved one.

It's just how Goku had to port away Cell to save earth.

Anyway, regardless if she dies or not I guess the important factor here is Lisanna's growth.

She has always been the underdog of her family using several animal transformations but not a single powerful one of her own.

sarutobi_sensei
January 30, 2011, 05:01 PM
do we know how mavis died what if it was purehito who killed him to become the second master of fairy tail. Also a really crazy idea about the theory that was suggested about the actual ages of the dragon slayers. What if wendy's dragon was stronger than natsu's and natsu's was stronger than gajeel's. Maybe the stronger the dragonslayer/dragon the more power was lost and thus the slayer was reverted back to a younger form

Hmm, that could be the case, but I don't think it's like that.

About them regressing to their child forms, I forgot to mention that in my post. I also think the same, but it's not because she is more powerful than him, it's because she used more of her power to save them or put them back to that form.

swordsaintscoot
January 30, 2011, 05:58 PM
It's interesting that you mention that FT is losing all of their S-class mages. Do you think it's intentional, and that it'll become a plot point in the future? If not very soon. It seems weird for FT to not address the decline in their power.

A possible scenario would be another guild war, but something more direct and underhanded from Raven Tail. Knowing Fairy Tail is getting weaker, a sudden and surprise attack would not be under them.

LoS
January 30, 2011, 06:04 PM
FT is losing all of their S-class mages

If you think about it, they really are not.

Before it was just Erza, Mist Gun, and Luxus who were active S class involved in the plot, Mira had yet to regain her power.

Then Mira regains her power only to see Luxus leave. So it is still the same amount of people.

Next Mist Gun leaves, yet Gildartz finally makes an appearance and returns. So the numbers are once again still the same.

Now if Mira dies we will have someone from this test step up and become a new S class, so the same number yet again.

If Makarov dies we have Luxus returning(looks that way at least), and it would still make the same amount of S class mages in fairy tail.

swordsaintscoot
January 30, 2011, 06:37 PM
I meant in total dude, not just people who were 'active'.

LoS
January 30, 2011, 07:03 PM
Well, if Makarov survives and Luxus makes it back(probably not happening) then they would only be 1 less S class member than the start of the series after someone gets promoted after this arc. Who knows, multiple members might get promoted.

All in all, this isn't really a big deal lol

Mashima can easily play this off by saying all the members have grown, which is actually true. Luxus certainly has gotten stronger since his exile, Natsu we have all seen his growth, and I am sure Elfman and Lisanna both will exponentially get stronger.

anyway, thats enough of this from me.

elitefox
January 30, 2011, 07:05 PM
I meant in total dude, not just people who were 'active'.

I think he/she is referring a retired s-mage is not s-mage anymore since he or she is out of shape, that mage tend to be lower between s-mage and normal mage which falls under Natsu.

the explosion man isn't that bad afterall, he can kill them in his whim but chose not but I hope this reminds mira that she needs to regain her skills soon(not saying power since she has it, but not in the way she use to be)

Zeref is like a person that wants to rest in peace, he doesn't even want to live anymore so he wants to be left alone :tem

I hope Natsu can sense that kind of ordeal, that it is not bad to live :tem

1337 haxor
January 30, 2011, 07:34 PM
Zeref is like a person that wants to rest in peace, he doesn't even want to live anymore so he wants to be left alone :tem

The lesson to be learned here little children is that if an emo wants to be solitary and suicidal let him be or else he will kick your ass! :derp

elitefox
January 30, 2011, 08:45 PM
The lesson to be learned here little children is that if an emo wants to be solitary and suicidal let him be or else he will kick your ass! :derp

Uhmm yeah, but do you really think he is still a kid, or he is just tired from living for so so long :eyeroll

maybe he is some sort of a god like, or even pure magic and just depicted as evil since he has been affected by humans who are greedy and massacre them all for his peace of mind :tem

swordsaintscoot
January 31, 2011, 01:53 AM
all i can say is that was the most epic line evar1!!!one!!elven!

It's sad...How you've managed...TO ANGER ME...

elitefox
January 31, 2011, 04:01 AM
all i can say is that was the most epic line evar1!!!one!!elven!

It's sad...How you've managed...TO ANGER ME...

Yeah, to anger the most powerful mage and maybe the only mage that we can consider on god level :darn

I wonder if she is gonna die, if she just put the lovelier suit, she might not have angered him that much :o

llamapie
January 31, 2011, 04:19 AM
I know someone has mentioned this theory before.

But I think Natsu and all the other true dragon slayers actually have their dragons within them and thats what Zeref is as well, the dragon of darkness.

I think one of the telling proofs is how Natsu couldn't get through that one magical barrier because it believed he was over the age of 80. Whether that had to do with his ancient magic or another theory we don't really know yet. Beyond that its hard to explain the few times we have seen it cut to where the dragons are. Its possible they are in another dimension altogether.

Razh
January 31, 2011, 05:02 AM
But I think Natsu and all the other true dragon slayers actually have their dragons within them and thats what Zeref is as well, the dragon of darkness.

But we've seen Grandine and Igneel having a conversation and Igneel was in some cave while Grandine was flying around. Then there's the fact that Gildartz fought a shadow dragon and lost.

1337 haxor
January 31, 2011, 06:45 AM
Yeah, to anger the most powerful mage and maybe the only mage that we can consider on god level :darn

I wonder if she is gonna die, if she just put the lovelier suit, she might not have angered him that much :o

My idea is that Zeref is gonna BDSM Ultear but before killing her he says:

-Wait why am I beating the crap out of and underling?

Know what f*ck it, lead me to your leader so I can have a "peep talk" with him and get you morons away from me.

Ero-Sanji
January 31, 2011, 12:40 PM
But we've seen Grandine and Igneel having a conversation and Igneel was in some cave while Grandine was flying around. Then there's the fact that Gildartz fought a shadow dragon and lost.

Actually the idea of them being inside of their children isn't that bad.

Think of it first of all they couldn't leave the barrier then when in need(emotionally) the children look more and more like dragons.

About the conversation if I'm not mistaken Grandine came into the cave in a sprite form. At first I thought it was just another form of a dragon but in the edolas arc we saw the true form of Grandine as a haired dragon. So perhaps she made a thought projection in sprite form and sent it to communicate with Igneel.

Then another question which kind of improves the theory is how did Grandine know that Natsu "took everything to excess". The dragons are said to have left the "human realm" and are not interfering with human lives which makes it quite unreasonable for Grandine to have heard anything since I doubt she has some messengers. The only reasonably explanation I have right now is that she heard it from Wendy, inside of her.

Also remember when Natsu thought he had heard Wendy's name before? That could have been from when Grandine supposedly inside Natsu said that perhaps this time their relationship could get better this time.

Many things hints to the point that the dragons also closely resemble their children or vice versa and since many of us think that Zeref could be a dragon slayer than that could explain his personality. One theory I have is that he currently is Dragon-less, that his dragon has left the building.

Now out of the five dragons we know of only one has been described as evil, notorious and to be terrorizing the land and that is the black dragon. So, what if the black dragon is the one behind Zeref's evil persona and that that's the reason the dragons are teaching their children Dragon slayer magic so that they can defeat Zeref and the Black dragon. Zeref's also referred as the black mage.

I personally don't really believe in the theory but according to the things I've listed it's definitely not impossible.

Also: Porlyusikas theory about the Dragon slayers coming together could be the thing that awakens Zeref and perhaps the Black drag out of their slumber. If I'm not mistaken they both got heard of after Wendy joined the club.

Kurohitsugi
January 31, 2011, 12:58 PM
Nice chapter.

First of all I am glad that at least Zancrow is conscious and that hints a possible return to the battle/plot sooner or later. Maybe he'll hold a personal vendetta against Natsu as he could disgracefully be the only GH member who failed to defeat his opponent. Also another thing we have to realise here is that Natsu didn't win in his battle as this isn't a match with rules such as "the first to the ground loses". Both fighters are down, this is a draw, a stalemate. Hell, as much as we know Zancrow is still conscious something we can't tell about Natsu yet. :mad

About the main part of the chapter which it was about Mira vs Azuma : I loved it. The battle was shorter than the previous one but it was well designed and more unpredictable. It seems that Azuma is a beast. He has defeated 4 FT members + Mest + a Council battleship so far and it's still counting. If an S-Mage like Mira is stating that he is so frighteningly powerful, then I suspect that he may be on par with Gildarts. Maybe he is the GH "counterpart" of Gildarts like Zancrow was to Natsu. Anyways, I can't wait to see his role now, will he find another opponent (to beat) or he will contribute to the plot in a different way ? About Mira, I can't say that I'm disappointed by the way she was defeated. We shouldn't forget that she had fought against Elfman & Evergreen before facing Azuma and adding to that she couldn't properly concentrate on the fight with her sister in such a considerable danger. :eyeroll

Finally, Urtear meets Zeref. I don't know what's the deal behind her desire to meet him but as other have pointed out, they share some physical characteristics. They may be relatives but this is a long shot. A very long one. Nevertheless I disagree with those who say that Zeref will kick her ass. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Urtear somehow incapacitates and captures this Zeref. Don't forget that along with his real self, his true powers may be dormant as well. We should also not forget that GH should have a kind of plan to follow once they meet Zeref. I find hard to believe that Hades just let his Kins to randomly walk around the island without an objective or a specific way about how to deal with the most powerful wizard of the history. :blink

I really can't wait to see how Urtear is going to deal with Zeref. Judging from the title "The Ultimate Magic World", the next chapter should be about their meeting and probably about Zeref's past. Ofc there's a chance it's referring to Rustyrose's battle against Elfman and Evergreen (we know that the first one is a daydreamer about 'Edens' and so) but I hope not. :-_-

1337 haxor
January 31, 2011, 03:07 PM
Nice chapter.

First of all I am glad that at least Zancrow is conscious and that hints a possible return to the battle/plot sooner or later. Maybe he'll hold a personal vendetta against Natsu as he could disgracefully be the only GH member who failed to defeat his opponent. Also another thing we have to realise here is that Natsu didn't win in his battle as this isn't a match with rules such as "the first to the ground loses". Both fighters are down, this is a draw, a stalemate. Hell, as much as we know Zancrow is still conscious something we can't tell about Natsu yet. :mad

About the main part of the chapter which it was about Mira vs Azuma : I loved it. The battle was shorter than the previous one but it was well designed and more unpredictable. It seems that Azuma is a beast. He has defeated 4 FT members + Mest + a Council battleship so far and it's still counting. If an S-Mage like Mira is stating that he is so frighteningly powerful, then I suspect that he may be on par with Gildarts. Maybe he is the GH "counterpart" of Gildarts like Zancrow was to Natsu. Anyways, I can't wait to see his role now, will he find another opponent (to beat) or he will contribute to the plot in a different way ? About Mira, I can't say that I'm disappointed by the way she was defeated. We shouldn't forget that she had fought against Elfman & Evergreen before facing Azuma and adding to that she couldn't properly concentrate on the fight with her sister in such a considerable danger. :eyeroll

Finally, Urtear meets Zeref. I don't know what's the deal behind her desire to meet him but as other have pointed out, they share some physical characteristics. They may be relatives but this is a long shot. A very long one. Nevertheless I disagree with those who say that Zeref will kick her ass. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Urtear somehow incapacitates and captures this Zeref. Don't forget that along with his real self, his true powers may be dormant as well. We should also not forget that GH should have a kind of plan to follow once they meet Zeref. I find hard to believe that Hades just let his Kins to randomly walk around the island without an objective or a specific way about how to deal with the most powerful wizard of the history. :blink

I really can't wait to see how Urtear is going to deal with Zeref. Judging from the title "The Ultimate Magic World", the next chapter should be about their meeting and probably about Zeref's past. Ofc there's a chance it's referring to Rustyrose's battle against Elfman and Evergreen (we know that the first one is a daydreamer about 'Edens' and so) but I hope not. :-_-

Don't know, it all depends wheter GH knows that Zeref has become a good person or not.

It could very be that Ultear and the rest of Grimmoire Heart tought all they had to do was beat FT and rescue Zeref from imprisonment.

Something tells me Ultear always tought of Zeref as an iconic dark prince in black shining armor that would throw the world in darkness, take her as bride and they would live happily ever after.

Probably it will be fun to see the shock of views regarding Zeref and of couser any back up plan from GH in case he declines to help them.

On a side note I don't think that anyone besides Hades can deal with Zeref at the moment, even if GH had prepared in advance an uber spell in order to subdue him it would require someone absurdingly haxor to create and execute such.

swordsaintscoot
January 31, 2011, 06:26 PM
Doesn't hades believe he's doing the right thing in pursuit of answers to the origins of magic?

I find it ironic that coupled with hades belief he's doing the right thing, that Zeref also somewhat seems like he's a 'good' guy.

I think that hints more towards Hades/GH actually knowing about Zeref. It's possible Zeref was never bad in the first place. I think it's mentioned somewhere that magic was not always common place, that long ago is was forbidden taboo and the very use of magic was evil. given that Hades believes Zeref has connections to the origins of magic, it would not be surprising that Zeref was one of the first mages and only considered evil because of the fact he could simply use magic.

That's not to say his death waves aren't somewhat dangerous, but an uncontrollable destruction is not the same as pure evil.

MonsterEnvy
January 31, 2011, 06:32 PM
That's not to say his death waves aren't somewhat dangerous, but an uncontrollable destruction is not the same as pure evil.

however making demons like Deloria and Lullaby is evil

swordsaintscoot
January 31, 2011, 06:50 PM
We don't actually know anything about deliora or lullaby aside from the fact zeref apparently made them. Right now I'm not convinced. I am convinced that theres waaaay more to it than that.

sarutobi_sensei
January 31, 2011, 09:39 PM
I know someone has mentioned this theory before.

I think one of the telling proofs is how Natsu couldn't get through that one magical barrier because it believed he was over the age of 80. Whether that had to do with his ancient magic or another theory we don't really know yet. Beyond that its hard to explain the few times we have seen it cut to where the dragons are. Its possible they are in another dimension altogether.

Hmm, I personally don't believe it, but I don't mind it.

I think that it's more related to them, the DS's being hundreds of years, @ least 400 years, old - since we know that Zeref supposedly roamed the earth 400 years ago and Zeref knows Natsu - than having the dragons inside of them.

Another thing I just thought, though it's very very unlikely, since Zeref said, Natsu you still can't break me after all, what if, Natsu met Zeref as a kid and changed him? It's not totally of the chart, but it's 99% improbable.

How are the dragons in another dimension if Guildartz fought one?

We don't actually know anything about deliora or lullaby aside from the fact zeref apparently made them. Right now I'm not convinced. I am convinced that theres waaaay more to it than that.

When they first mentioned that it was the worst mage that ever existed I was like, zomg the guy was really evil.

After seeing who Zeref actually is and looks like, I think that there are some things that need to be cleared.

Btw where the hell did Mest go? xD

elitefox
January 31, 2011, 09:52 PM
Btw where the hell did Mest go? xD

eating shit somewhere on the island.

if he even survives, I hope he won't forget how fodder he was :(

kkck
January 31, 2011, 10:14 PM
Doesn't hades believe he's doing the right thing in pursuit of answers to the origins of magic?

I find it ironic that coupled with hades belief he's doing the right thing, that Zeref also somewhat seems like he's a 'good' guy.

I think that hints more towards Hades/GH actually knowing about Zeref. It's possible Zeref was never bad in the first place. I think it's mentioned somewhere that magic was not always common place, that long ago is was forbidden taboo and the very use of magic was evil. given that Hades believes Zeref has connections to the origins of magic, it would not be surprising that Zeref was one of the first mages and only considered evil because of the fact he could simply use magic.

The problem with zeref I think would be the type of magic he is using rather than the fact that he can use magic. Zeref magic has been referred to as living magic and in the past he used it to create monsters of terrible power at least according to history. Zeref created the flute which could kill anyone who would listen to it if I recall and perhaps more importantly deliora which mere years before the series started was causing random destruction. Perhaps the zeref we have seen now is not evil but based on what hades has said and the demonstrations of his magic we have seen I would think that sealed within zeref is something inherently evil which should not be messed with. I wouldn't be surprised if zeref was one of the first mages ever though. If he can create living creatures such as deliora and feed of live around him then it really would not be strange for him to have been around since before whatever happened 400 years ago.

elitefox
February 01, 2011, 12:22 AM
The problem with zeref I think would be the type of magic he is using rather than the fact that he can use magic. Zeref magic has been referred to as living magic and in the past he used it to create monsters of terrible power at least according to history. Zeref created the flute which could kill anyone who would listen to it if I recall and perhaps more importantly deliora which mere years before the series started was causing random destruction. Perhaps the zeref we have seen now is not evil but based on what hades has said and the demonstrations of his magic we have seen I would think that sealed within zeref is something inherently evil which should not be messed with. I wouldn't be surprised if zeref was one of the first mages ever though. If he can create living creatures such as deliora and feed of live around him then it really would not be strange for him to have been around since before whatever happened 400 years ago.

If the old magic council is like this new one then I think that corrupts the council and zeref refuses to teach most of them magic and then brand him as evil because of the refusal.

karamm
February 01, 2011, 11:06 AM
Im not sure how soon Gildartz and the other left the island, but I think they should've been able to see the red battle flare fired by Erza. So, hopefully we'll get to see Gildartz in action, possibly against Hades, before GH decide to retreat (most likely with Zeref with them)

Can Ul affect a person's memory, as in bring back someone's memories or accelerate them and make him forget something

Jorge D. Dragon
February 01, 2011, 01:01 PM
I hope we'll see some great magic from Zeref the next chapter. I have a feeling that he likes Fairy Tail and would like to help them at least in this fight. I don't think that Ultear's magic will affect him and make him to loose part of his memory. If Zeref will ally with FT for this fight and Gildartz comes back with Fried and Bixlow I can see FT making a draw with Grimmore Heart.:)

swordsaintscoot
February 01, 2011, 03:23 PM
hades is more badass than i expected him to be. i reckon he's probably stronger than gildartz even if he had help from someone.

monkey D luffy
February 01, 2011, 03:42 PM
I hope we'll see some great magic from Zeref the next chapter. I have a feeling that he likes Fairy Tail and would like to help them at least in this fight. I don't think that Ultear's magic will affect him and make him to loose part of his memory. If Zeref will ally with FT for this fight and Gildartz comes back with Fried and Bixlow I can see FT making a draw with Grimmore Heart.:)

a draw? i think that if wendy can heal the other fallen FT mages they might actually win this fight. makarov seeing natsu probably got revved up up and will be able to unleash a horrofying amount of destruction upon grimmoire heart (especially azuma) and gildarts+3DSs+zeref can potentially take out hades.

but we cant tell anything cuz we dont know what happened to zeref now and how much power he has atm, and if any one else is coming to help.

sarutobi_sensei
February 01, 2011, 05:27 PM
Right now Wendy is in no condition to heal wounds. So she should be resting for a while.

elitefox
February 02, 2011, 12:45 AM
It will be a stalemate if GH can't handle zeref though

Does GH plan to destroy FT or just to kidnap zeref?

Jorge D. Dragon
February 02, 2011, 06:07 AM
I hope that Zeref at least takes out Ultear the upcoming chapter and then will get an attantion of all the Grimmore Heart. Then there will be a possibility for Fairy Tail to regroup and heal the wounded. If they get aid from Gildartz and other FT members, they may get a chanse to win the fight or at least to make GH retreat. Though without Zeref even with Gildartz it would be too difficult to take out GH, cause Wendy is out, Mirajane is out, Grey, Lucy, Loki, Cana and Gajeel are also out and Natsu and Makarov are injured, so for now even with Gildartz and Fried it would be too streching to think that FT would take out GH, though there is always a possibility.:)
Also I think that Mest went to the Counsil to tell the news and maybe get an aid.:)

Kazu-Sama
February 02, 2011, 08:02 AM
Is it just me hoping to see most of Fairy tail - or at least 3 teams - lose, only to have the winning Kin walking along, one of Seig's runes activating, and then Fried, Bixlow and Gildartz silhouttes as the kin wonders what's going on?

I can see Ultear vs Zeref, Lucy needs to beat Caprico, Zancrow is out. Rustyrose is probably going to win which gives either Seig or Bixlow a 'revenge for evergreen' motive. Gildartz will thrash Azuma, and so either Kain or Melody will fight the other team-member. My money is on Erza winning, being Erza.

So, when GH think they've won, Lucy/Loki, Gray and Cana team up to beat Caprico, LLuvia and Erza beat Melody, Gildartz beats Azuma, Fried beeats Rustyrose, Bixlow beats Kain, Ultear by zeref, and obviously Zancrow by Natsu...

LoS
February 02, 2011, 08:30 AM
Bixlow beats Kain

This is a huge stretch of the imagination by gargantuan proportions. What would ever give you the notion that Bixlow by himself could beat any of the 7 kin's?

Razh
February 02, 2011, 09:37 AM
This is a huge stretch of the imagination by gargantuan proportions. What would ever give you the notion that Bixlow by himself could beat any of the 7 kin's?

Not that I think he's right, but what's with that line of thinking. This is not Dragonball with it's power levels and there are a lot of mages here who could beat stronger mages given the right opportunity. Bixlow for one has a very tricky ability so I don't see why it would be so impossible for Bixlow to beat fatso. Especially since there's no way for us to know what can Kain do.

White Silver King
February 02, 2011, 09:47 AM
^I think Kain will surprise us. He's fat, slow, ugly and stupid yet he's a member of the 7 Kin and Hades has managed to put up with him his entire life. He must be epic powerful.

I'm most interested to See Melody fight. If her head phones and name are indicative of anything I'm guessing she has some sort of Lost sound/music magic. If so, the vibrations could disperse Lluvia's water, theoretically, and seriously harm Erza if channeled through the metal of her armors. Might turn out to be very interesting.

Sollum
February 02, 2011, 01:20 PM
Problem with most of mages here is that they charge and scream all the time. If Bixlow would charge that Soul Beam thingy at Zani when he was fighting Natsu, whilist sitting himself in the bush, they might have won without going all suicidal.

About Meldy. Well, most of literature about god and all that crap, says that first thing out there was a Word, and everything was born out of it.

So i bet she will murmur something like a word "Soundwave" and a huge Shockwave will decimate everything in small/medium/huge radius of her.

I despise Sound element, since in my opinion its spin off from Wind. But that leads us to the idea that 7 kin do not wield primal magic =?

Hmmm, time for some crazy stuff!

Zani - Ash Elemental - Gods fire is really overhyped imo, i think its simple heat that makes everything around crisp and char. Why Natsu was able to eat it? Well, he ate melted metal before, so why not.

Meldi - Sound Elemental - Wind spin off.

Azuma - Wood Elemental - It's just a guess, but he can make wooden things grow, it's save to assume that he can push it even further.

Urtear - "Time" Elemental - Being nothing else than earth elemental spin off. Tho i can't explain how she lit camp fire with it in Garunas Island arc.

kkck
February 02, 2011, 01:36 PM
I still have doubts about asume growing plants. I was under the impression that part of his magic was similar to either yura's or hoteyes.

ghostexiled
February 02, 2011, 01:43 PM
His power seems to be "wood" related in some way, shape or form.

If you think about it... he blew up a wooden ship, he was merged with a tree and he grows what seem to be wooden type plants.

Also it would not be hard to believe that some of the Kins know other magic than there "main" one.

I got the feeling that Azuma is one of Hades higher ranked Kins next to Ultear.

Just basing that off the comment he made when the rest of the GH crew started to show up... which referred to the other members as "troublemakers".

Also, side note... I was thinking about this whole Ultear being all "weird" and "blushy" when talking about Zeref. Other than it seeming a bit creepy, I have a feeling that Ultear thinks Zeref may be related to her... possible her father?

Ero-Sanji
February 02, 2011, 02:09 PM

I think it's more like earth manipulating. Meaning that he can manipulate everything from wood to perhaps metal and minerals as long as it as contact with the earth.

jorped
February 02, 2011, 02:44 PM
less than a week ago decided to read faiy tail , more interesting than studying for the exams lol, and i enjoyed , not going to say that is better than the other 2 mangas that i currently read , naruto and one piece, but it is interesting and also cool to see.

when yesterday i end to read it i thought that it wasnt a good time lol i wanted to see more, it was on a very good moment, cuz somehow in these last chapters the chance of them being able to win against this very dark guild raised a single bit. but not seeing how is going to be possible for them to beat them withouth the master and also gildarts but i am expecting alot from this next chapters :)

White Silver King
February 02, 2011, 02:53 PM

That wouldn't really explain either of his non-earth explosion techniques.

ghostexiled
February 02, 2011, 02:55 PM
That is why I stated the possibility of him knowing another type of magic other than the wood stuff.

I mean if these Kins where recruited and trained by Hades... I would not see that as far fetched.

White Silver King
February 02, 2011, 03:15 PM
You've got a point. Especially with Ultear's wide range of magic abilities (Arc of Time, Transformation, Mind Control, and possibly sensing). She's like a mini-Makarov.

Yes, that was a pun ;P

kkck
February 02, 2011, 05:17 PM
At least IMO asuma's amgic has two aspects (I mentioned this earlier). To make explosions from his body and things he is in touch with and to manipulate earth around him. With a combination of the two he can make earth explode. Still, his magic does not seem at all like plants. There are no leaves in it at all for one thing. Just because it comes out of earth does not mean it is plants....

-Ken-
February 03, 2011, 03:33 AM
At least IMO asuma's amgic has two aspects (I mentioned this earlier). To make explosions from his body and things he is in touch with and to manipulate earth around him. With a combination of the two he can make earth explode. Still, his magic does not seem at all like plants. There are no leaves in it at all for one thing. Just because it comes out of earth does not mean it is plants....

I always thought it's wood. Not plant. The ripped wood after Mira attack look to me a lot like wood from the surrounding. I guess it could also be ground, through.

Sollum
February 03, 2011, 05:30 AM
I was thinking that maybe Rose (the guy with glasses) may posses "Decay" element.

He can make everything wither and decay. whilst transferring energy from living things to himself. That would explain his... fluffiness and ga***ness,

This ability would fit perfectly alongside with Possession.

And i am so tempted to think that FatMan (that fast speaking dude) is in possession of magic that helps him Devour things, like souls, since he has... "good" appetite. I predict some Bixlow style fight!

I so hope they will turn out badass and not "Yet Another Fire Mage"...

Sanitypact
February 03, 2011, 03:33 PM
I always thought it's wood. Not plant. The ripped wood after Mira attack look to me a lot like wood from the surrounding. I guess it could also be ground, through.

Didn't he first show up by hiding in a tree?

White Silver King
February 03, 2011, 07:43 PM
I was thinking that maybe Rose (the guy with glasses) may posses "Decay" element.

He can make everything wither and decay. whilst transferring energy from living things to himself. That would explain his... fluffiness and ga***ness,

I think that encroaches on Zeref's territory.

Ero-Sanji
February 04, 2011, 01:13 AM

Yes it does look like wood!

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/58243627/16

This looks more like broken trees than earth just compare it to Juras earth. They are very much different.

If it were earth the results would have looked like in the last panel.
http://www.mangareader.net/135-32523-5/fairy-tail/chapter-152.html

MonsterEnvy
February 04, 2011, 03:03 PM
Azuma has wood magic and explosion magic

Zancrow has his fire god slayer magic

Ultear arc of time

Hades Amaratsu and other types

monkey D luffy
February 04, 2011, 03:25 PM
we dont really know if these are all they have, quite frankly it is not a comprehensive list of magic, ultear at least has a few more magic array other then arc of time, she can transform for exemple

i really wonder what zeref is going to do to her next chapter. cant wait for tommorow!

Urtear
February 05, 2011, 03:25 AM
i don't know if that has been pointed out or not... but has anyone else noticed that zeref's eyes on the last page have rings around them just like zancrows? maybe its a sign of god slayer magic, kinda like having sharp canine teeth is a sign of dragon slayer magic... death god magic anyone?

monkey D luffy
February 05, 2011, 04:41 AM
nice idea Urtear. you may be on to something. we are hours away of finding the answer. once again, cant wait!

wooticus
February 05, 2011, 08:43 AM
yup, we already had a little talk about it on page 3

1337 haxor
February 05, 2011, 09:26 AM
Sure late to point that out, but maybe godslayer magic is just some advanced form of Dragon Slayer Magic.

It could be that Hades taught Zancrow the ancient form of Fire DS which is far more powerful than current one but Dragneel didn't had the time to teach that to Natsu.

Once Natsu dropped down the current DS magic and absorbed the ancient form he combined both into a dragon god attack.

It is also possible that dragons were once revered as gods (this happens a lot in oriental cultures) during a time when magic was known to all but a selected few.

Hence ancient DS magic is called GS (okay that sounded strange) magic.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 05, 2011, 09:37 AM
There is a posibility that all the lost magic that 7 Kins know was Zeref's magic and that is why Hades called their magic lost magic, cause after Zeref was gone noone could perform it and pass down. Though I can't explain how Hades learnt about that magic to teach his 7 Kins.

I really liked the expretion on Zeref's face and also his eyes were really alike with Zancrow's. So maybe he will perform stronger form of Godslayer's magic?;)

Razh
February 05, 2011, 10:42 AM
we dont really know if these are all they have, quite frankly it is not a comprehensive list of magic, ultear at least has a few more magic array other then arc of time, she can transform for exemple

That could have been the work of some kind of magical item or transformation potion. Or just a minor magic she learned. Like that stuff Hades used, Amaterasu. It seems it's just something a mage can learn with a lot of practice, like Kido in Bleach.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 05, 2011, 11:21 AM
Razh
I think that mages in FT world can learn different magic styles if they are talented enough and if they really want to.:) Also there are different spells that are not included in any styles like self-destruction magic that Gerard tried to use on Nirvana.:)

R3D
February 05, 2011, 12:05 PM
is there gonna be ft this week?....

Krono
February 05, 2011, 03:07 PM
It should be, though it's strange that there is still no spoilers. At least there wasn't any sign of a pause.

No spoilers is common for Fairy Tail, the next chapter isn't official published until wednesday of next week, so we get the full chapter scanlated about as early as it's possible for spoilers to exist. The chapter's not out yet because when mangastream releases it on saturday tends to vary widely from the early morning hours, to the late evening hours. If there's been some hold up or another, they aren't going to inform us either.

Bottom line: There should be a chapter, just be patient for it.

jorped
February 05, 2011, 03:27 PM
any idea why zeref think that natsu is the only one that can stop him ?
and do you think that gildartz is going to somehow return , i wanted to see him in a fight, that guy is so strong it would be a very help against these powerful guys

-Ken-
February 05, 2011, 04:35 PM
and do you think that gildartz is going to somehow return , i wanted to see him in a fight, that guy is so strong it would be a very help against these powerful guys

Gildartz can most likely handle at least 1 of the kin in a fight. But I don't think he's going to come back.

ryderdm3
February 05, 2011, 04:56 PM

He probably thinks Natsu is the only one with the potential to be strong enough in the future to stop him.

zidane
February 05, 2011, 06:01 PM
The chapter's not out yet because when mangastream releases it on saturday tends to vary widely from the early morning hours, to the late evening hours. If there's been some hold up or another, they aren't going to inform us either.

That almost sounds like an accusation to me. :headscratch
Not like we owed anyone, but we do post updates when something is on a break or unexpectedly delayed, etc. However in this case we're still well within our schedule:

http://mangastream.com/content/schedule

PS: Pay attention to the clock on that page, all times are in PDT.
PPS: FT will be out shortly.

All of this info has always been posted in the first post in this thread. ~Ghost

ghostexiled
February 05, 2011, 06:26 PM
Well people you have heard it from the "Horse's mouth"... so please keep this info in mind for the future.

Just because it is not released first thing on Saturday does not give way to start asking and complaining about it.

This info has been made (for some time now) (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2260914&postcount=1) available both on the first post of this thread and @ mangastreams website.

Thank you Zidane for taking the time to post and letting us know the deal... you certainly shouldn't have too! :)