PDA

View Full Version : And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere

Pages : [1] 2

Ustegius
January 28, 2011, 05:41 PM
Hello my name is Ustegius and I'm an alcoholic.

Bugzee
January 28, 2011, 05:44 PM
Hey Ustegius!

It's good to see another intro thread from a FF'er! :hi5

Let's start out with the usual q's:

- Top 3 favourite manga?
- Favourite colour?
- Favourite drink? :hurr
- Favourite manga character?

Imperium
January 28, 2011, 05:45 PM
The usual then, favourite Film, book, anime, tv shows?
Besides GRRM, whos your favourite author?
Do you have a nokia phone? (xDDD)

Oh and, Can you kill someone barehanded?

Bugzee
Impy, go make a thread!

BBB Banana
Hey ust how are you doing?

DLord.Van.Buuren
January 28, 2011, 05:46 PM
Well hello ust, haven't seen you in a while :XD

Ustegius
January 28, 2011, 06:10 PM
Hey Ustegius!

It's good to see another intro thread from a FF'er! :hi5

Let's start out with the usual q's:

- Top 3 favourite manga?
- Favourite colour?
- Favourite drink? :hurr
- Favourite manga character?

:hi5

- Hmm, changes depending my mood. At now One Piece, Monster and Kaiji
- Black or red
- I like Irish Coffee a lot :hurr
- That's a hard one. Gally from GUNNM or Onizuka (GTO)

The usual then, favourite Film, book, anime, tv shows?
Besides GRRM, whos your favourite author?
Do you have a nokia phone? (xDDD)

It's hard to choose one, but I don't feel like a writing a monster post now. Favorite film is most likely El Labyrintho Del Fauno (Pan's Labyrinth). It's has a wonderfully creepy athmosphere. I were totally mind-fucked after seeing it for the first time. Andit's a bonus to listen something else than (american) english. Other brilliant films are The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, S7ven, Calamari Union and pretty much anything by Hayao Miyazaki.

Books... LotR trilogy is just what it is. Amazing. I were really drawn into those when I first read them at age of 9. Also I must admit that for me Harry Potter also has lot of sentimental value. I were 11 when reading the first and 17 when finishing the last. I grew up with Harry.

Addition to GRRM I really like Robin Hobb and her Realm of the Elderlings. Other one I love is finnish Veikko Huovinen known for realism, pacifism, sharp intellect and unique sense for satirical and black humor.

Oh and, Can you kill someone barehanded?
With 42 different methods :-_-

Impy, go make a thread!

Yeah, your turn to write like hell :yelling

Hey ust how are you doing?

Hi BBB, I'm feeling great. How have you been? :amuse

Well hello ust, haven't seen you in a while :XD

Sup dl. Yeah, it has been like... ages :oh

CBlitz
January 28, 2011, 06:20 PM
OH MY GOD USTE MADE A THREAD :zomg

what's your favorite book in ASoIaF?

Ustegius
January 28, 2011, 06:28 PM
OH MY GOD USTE MADE A THREAD :zomg

OMG OMG HE DID!?! :zomg

what's your favorite book in ASoIaF?

Definetly Storm of Swords. It's the high point of the series, everything splendidly was built for that climax. And no one definetly see the Red Wedding coming. Well untill the certain House started to seem awfully sneaky right before it actually happened. Also the character developement really shined through the whole novel.

Clash of Kings doesn't lose much though. Battle of Blackwater was incredible.

riki
January 29, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hey Uste! :hug

How are you?

Imperium
January 29, 2011, 08:21 PM
What is your opinion of the EU?
Where would you like to visit the most?
Do you have any novel ways in which you fight the bears that terrorise your city?
Speaking of city, do you live in Helsinki?
Why didnt you answer the nokia? ):
Do you not like nokia?
Name three things no one knows about you

Oh and, Thor vs Superman, who would win?

Googlez_kun
January 29, 2011, 08:21 PM
Yo,yo,yo,Uste!

How is it to have your own thread?

With 42 different methods :-_-
:zomg

Imperium
January 29, 2011, 08:24 PM
Oh a couple more, are you really a Pirate?
Have you ever thought of pirating as a career?
Would taking a career as a pirate clash with the strong morals the army indoctrinated gave you?
Was the army a bit indoctrinating?
Any funny army stories?

saladesu
January 30, 2011, 12:30 AM
Can you find me.... A SHRUBBERY?????

I mean,
Hi Ustegius :ninja

Couldn't help but notice your thread title and its link to Monty Python :amuse Have you watched any Monty Python other than the holy grail? :)

AlB
January 30, 2011, 01:16 AM
hey there Ustegius :) :) what's up?

cool avatar, why did you choose extremely dull looking and bored dog? lol :D

Iceiphoenix
January 30, 2011, 05:23 AM
Uste made a thread! :zomg

Heya~~!

Let's see...
Blue, red or yellow?
Green, orange or purple?
Black or white?
If you were on a scanlating team, would you choose to be a raw provider, a translator, a cleaner, a proofreader or a typesetter?

Wow, so many colour-related questions! :blink

Colour or color? :-_-

:p

Ustegius
January 30, 2011, 08:19 AM
Hey Uste! :hug

How are you?

Hi riki :hug

Just great, bit bored though since I have hard time finding work. How you've been?

What is your opinion of the EU?

I used to be very pro-EU, but lately the EU-sceptism has been haunting my thoughts as well. It just seems like all EU wants from us is more money, while our influence is close to non.

Where would you like to visit the most?

As I've already seen London, next would be Paris, Tokyo or New York. Leaning towards Japan though.

Do you have any novel ways in which you fight the bears that terrorise your city?

Naah, there hasn't been much fighting lately. The bears have learned to avoid me already. They just leave running at the sight of me.

Speaking of city, do you live in Helsinki?
Nope, Tampere. The second biggest city here.

Why didnt you answer the nokia? ):
Do you not like nokia?

I forgot that :( But no, I don't particulary like Nokia. Don't hate it either. It is just as a company a grey blob without a shape, it just doesn't have a good brand these days. And the customer service sucks and the new models break easily. It's been a downhill since Nokia 33310

Name three things no one knows about you

That nobody knows? But don't mothers know everything?

Oh and, Thor vs Superman, who would win?

Thor. If we are talking about the real Thor here, not the Marvel hero with a bad fashion sense. If we are talking about the marvel guy, I don't care.

Yo,yo,yo,Uste!

How is it to have your own thread?

:zomg

Yo, Googlez :zomg It has totally changed my life. I've never felt better before and I have lost 5 kilos!

Seriously talking it's quite fun, but surprisingly lot of work

Oh a couple more, are you really a Pirate?
Have you ever thought of pirating as a career?
Would taking a career as a pirate clash with the strong morals the army indoctrinated gave you?
Was the army a bit indoctrinating?
Any funny army stories?

Oh come on, you'd better start your own thread soon.

Depends how you define a pirate. I'm not a somali. But I like traditional pirate romance. And OP. So I'm in the spirit. But if all else in my life fails moving to Puntland isn't the worst solution.

The moral lessons at army mostly had me amused. Sure such things as don't leave a buddy behind were in my moral before army, but the little lessons we had on drugs, alchohol, UN peacekeeping etc. mainly had the opposite effect on me than intented.

The funniest moments seemed to be in nightwatches around 4AM at the weatherstation. But hey don't make great stories. Those always include the friends I made in army, the pretty much only positive experience there.

But the last camp we had was awesome. It was at Pori Airport where we were supposed to make METAR weathermessage to flying corps. However the airport of course had it's own personel who'd do the same thing anyways, so only time we'd need to do it was during nights when the field was closed.

When we arrived at monday morning, the order was to set one cable line. After that the liuetenant said we could take a break. The break ended at friday noon, when we were ordered to take off the cable we had set on monday, before leaving the camp.

During the week, we just hanged at the tents, went to town (Pori) few times to eat trash food and have a shower and sauna at a swimming hall. I would have died of boredom if hadn't brough my laptop or NDS. And on thursday as "compensation" that we had been dragged there we got on to a helicopter ride. It was just amazing.

It was maybe the funniest and most relaxing week I had during army. And they said I was crazy to volunteer on going to that camp.

Can you find me.... A SHRUBBERY?????

I mean,
Hi Ustegius :ninja

Couldn't help but notice your thread title and its link to Monty Python :amuse Have you watched any Monty Python other than the holy grail? :)

O Knights of Ni, you are just and fair, and we will return with a shrubbery.

Hi saladesu,

I've seen all Monty Python material expect the newer come-back musicals. Comedy has just not been the same after Python, and I doubt we'll never see a series as genious and hilarious as it was. :amuse Do you have a favorite Python sketch or film?

hey there Ustegius :) :) what's up?

cool avatar, why did you choose extremely dull looking and bored dog? lol :D

It's no dog, it's the Muskrat :yelling He is a character from Tove Jansson's Moomins. A philosopher who believes in pointlessness of things. One of my favorites, and great in the anime film version of Comet in Moominland, from which the avatar is from. Signature is from the Moomin books. And I just love that expression :amuse

Uste made a thread! :zomg

Heya~~!

Let's see...
Blue, red or yellow?
Green, orange or purple?
Black or white?
If you were on a scanlating team, would you choose to be a raw provider, a translator, a cleaner, a proofreader or a typesetter?

Colour or color? :-_-

Hmm,

Red
Green
Black

Well I don't know japanese nor can't provide raws and I have no experience in cleaning or typesetting, so proofreading is pretty much the only thing I could do. But if the question is completly hypothetical, I'd like to be a translator. Studying translating (english) at uni was my second choice after film&TV.

Who the hell cares really? My english is such (an unintentional) mess up with american and brittish english anyways. But I think I use color more often, since it's a nanosecond faster to write.

scav
January 30, 2011, 01:06 PM
Hey Ust, i like also watching movies, i would like to know, what's ur top 5 best movies, and say why please :p

AlB
January 31, 2011, 05:52 AM
Tove Jansson's Moomins?
I'll be sure to check it out then, I love philosophical stuff :)

well,sure looks like a dog to me :p (and I figure I'm not the first one to have made this mistake :p)

Ustegius
January 31, 2011, 09:40 AM
Hey Ust, i like also watching movies, i would like to know, what's ur top 5 best movies, and say why please :p

Okay, not in order, and not necessary the best films I've seen, but certainly among the top

Tonari no Totoro - Hayao Miyazaki (1988)

This here is mainly a manifestation on Miyazaki on the list, since I have incredbly hard time ranking his works. Totoro is in my honest opinion the closest thing to a perfect childrens film. I remember seeing this first time as a 5-year-old. It wasn't dubbed and I didn't know how to read the subtitles, but still it broke the language barriers and I could perfectly follow the story and be completly absorbed in it.
I think Totoro very well displays and draws from childs imagination. It has a wonderfull balance between fantastical elements and real life. The fact that heroines are children like any of the targeted audience really helps to make the film even more appealing. Also you don't need a world shaking crisis to break hearts and induce drama and suspension. I think most of us have "lost" our parents as kids, and know how horrible the feeling of being lost was. Sure, happily though it happened on a smallerscale than in Totoro. Like in a supermarket or a park.
Still I think also older audiences can get a lot from this film also. Like have us faintly remember how it was to be child. And there is the enviromental message too. Totoro is a very adorable creature, but not in-your-face-cute that many of the newer characters, which can be very annoying. Totoro and the umbrella is among my favorite movies scenes ever.
I think critic Roger Ebert described it well: "My Neighbor Totoro is based on experience, situation and exploration—not on conflict and threat," and described its appeal: "...it would never have won its worldwide audience just because of its warm heart. It is also rich with human comedy in the way it observes the two remarkably convincing, lifelike little girls... It is a little sad, a little scary, a little surprising and a little informative, just like life itself. It depends on a situation instead of a plot, and suggests that the wonder of life and the resources of imagination supply all the adventure you need."

Calamari Union, Aki Kaurismäki (1984)

I had to have a finnish film on the list. Even though majority of finnish productions tend to suck, the a few diamonds in them, Calamari Union being of of them. This film is very hard to describe, since is has a very unique absurd and non-sensical feel while beinf absolutely hilarious.
It tells the story of 16 men, 15 of them Franks and one Pekka. Pekka is the only one who speaks english. In hopes of better life they decide to leave Kallio to move to Eira, an other section of Helsinki. Only two of them make it there alive, only to find out, that Eira is already populated and to the paradise they were looking for.
The film is black&white and has very tasty rock music soundtrack. The scenes seem to be completly random, and the cast consists of the biggest finnish celebrities of the 80's. It feels almost like Kaurismäki and they are trolling everybody with this film. However it has the "stiff" and ironic trademark Kaurismäki dialoque and the sheer absurd serious humor. There's also bit of satire there and Kaurismäki is the best when it comes to displaying urban angst.

El Laberinto Del Fauno, Guillermo Del Toro (2006)

After reading some original versions Grimm's Tales and other old fairy tails, Disneys happy and colorfull world for a moment feels completly ridiculous. The old fairy tales are dark, and Pan's Labyrinth seems to make homage for those, while being completly new story and simply splendid film.
The story takes place in Spain 1944, the facist reign. 10-year-old Ofelia has just moved in with her pregnant mother to her new stepfathers, Captain Vidals, house. Before too long, she follows an insect she believes to be a fairy in an ancient labyrinth near by. Here she meet a Faun who blevies she is reincarnation of Underworld Realm princess Moanna, and she needs to complete 3 quests to prove her identity and reclaim her throne.
There is also a sub-plot on the real world, about spanish guerillas, rebels of the facist reign. Aften watching this film for a first time, I had goosebumps, shivers, and felt completly mind-fucked. It had a creepy magical athmosphere, and in the end the viewer just can not tell what is true and what is not.
The visuals are stunning. CGI is minimizized, leaning on heavy make-up and animatronics. And it looks absolutle beautifull. In a dark twisted way. Cinematography is unbelieveable. Spanish is refreshing to listen in such an impressive film and kudos to Del Toro for making the subtitles himself, the translator in me appreaciates that kind of attitude.
This probaply the best film in my opinion ever. I can't fully describe it, but this is just magnicicent. It is visually amazing and the story makes the viewer really think, it has really deep themes, escapism being just on of them. Brilliant, just brilliant. Totally out of this world, while still being in this world.

Memento, Christopher Nolan (2000)

This is the film that made consious on Nolan and a big fan, years before the popular fuzz that came with Dark Knight. It's psychological thriller about a man with anterograde amnesia which renders his brain unable to store new memories.
Now what impressed me most in this film was the nonlinear narrative structure, which fools the viewer to make false assumptions. The story is pretty much told backwards. Memento is presented as two different sequences of scenes, a series in black-and-white that are shown chronologically, and a series of color sequences shown in reverse order. The two sequences "meet" at the end of the film, producing one common story.
The film makes great explorations on the themes memory, perception and self-deception, but not counting in the clever structure it isn't as striking of a psychological thriller as Fincher's s7ven for example. Nevertheless, it is still a remarkable and amazing film.

Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Sergio Leone (1966)

I wanted to include a classic on this list too, and was struggling between One Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. This time I decided to write on the epic spaghetti western.
One of the things that is interesting on this film, is the fact that the critical view at the time of release was lot more negative than today. The film was descriped as dull and critizised for extreme violence. Mostly it was however, because at the the time everyone thought, that a spaghetti western just could not be art. Wow, we've become a long way from that, that especially manifested when sci-fi film such as District 9 was nominated for the Academy award of Best film. It's still a brutal film, but considering the stuff we have these days, the bashing it got from violence feel a bit amusing.
The way the film diplays absurdity of war in such a setting was something completly new. It also blames the winners, oh the blasphemy! The production was a huge and expensive in the scale nothing done before. That's shows how great the directing of Leone in this piece is. Cinematography is great. The use of ultra close-ups is just amazing. The camera is well used in creating such an intense athmosphere and epic feel. And Ennio Morricones soundtrack is legendary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYV-JSjpyU).

Wow, that was 5 already? But there are still so many films I'd like to mention.

Tove Jansson's Moomins?
I'll be sure to check it out then, I love philosophical stuff :)

well,sure looks like a dog to me :p (and I figure I'm not the first one to have made this mistake :p)

Your certainly not the first one mistake it as a dog. I guess the japanese didn't really have a good grasp what a muskrat looks like. I really recommend the Moomins. While they certainly are children's literature, the content is philosophical and easy to enjoy from adults perspective too. The Muskrat is kinda of an parody of a philosopher. :amuse

digitaldude
January 31, 2011, 09:43 AM
If you were giving a choice of pushing a button one killing 1 million chinese and the second killing yourself which one would you choose?

lordHokage
January 31, 2011, 10:02 AM
Hello Ustegius,

Welcome to the zone and I hope you find a job soon. Best wishes on your studies.

Take care, lordHokage. :)

Ustegius
January 31, 2011, 10:15 AM
If you were giving a choice of pushing a button one killing 1 million chinese and the second killing yourself which one would you choose?

I'd propably panic until time is up, and both me and the chinese end up dead. Or I would just leave the room/place/situation/whatever and leave the button as it is, if possible.

Hello Ustegius,

Welcome to the zone and I hope you find a job soon. Best wishes on your studies.

Take care, lordHokage. :)

Thanks mate :)

Bugzee
February 01, 2011, 01:29 PM
Let's see...
Blue, red or yellow?
Green, orange or purple?
Black or white?

Icey! :yelling The colour questions are strictly mine to ask dammit! :yelling :crying

S'up Uste! Sweet, new avy x sig set!

- So what's your favourite kind of meat?
- Do you eat seafood often?
- Black, pink, white, blue or grey?
- You should participate in one of the sig contests. You're drawings are awesome and pretty amusing. :Gaipose

Trying to attract new and/or old members in participating in the sig contests, ain't working. Dammit. :darn

- Iyo. The most annoying FF'er is.....? 8D
- Favourite song atm?

See ya later, dude~

igotthegoods
February 01, 2011, 01:52 PM
Hey, Ustegius! Just noticed your thread here. Love the title, btw! Monty Python is <3333 One of my favorite clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ba1OKY7Xc

Thanks again for the artwork you submitted for the Bleach tournament! :amuse Which one was your favorite? Which one was the most challenging to draw?

Ustegius
February 01, 2011, 03:19 PM
Icey! :yelling The colour questions are strictly mine to ask dammit! :yelling :crying

S'up Uste! Sweet, new avy x sig set!

- So what's your favourite kind of meat?
- Do you eat seafood often?
- Black, pink, white, blue or grey?
- You should participate in one of the sig contests. You're drawings are awesome and pretty amusing. :Gaipose

Trying to attract new and/or old members in participating in the sig contests, ain't working. Dammit. :darn

- Iyo. The most annoying FF'er is.....? 8D
- Favourite song atm?

See ya later, dude~

Sup Bugz.

- Bacon (Tenderloin) Beef Steak. Though I like lamb and duck a lot too.
- Not really, because my sister is allergic. But once a month or so. I do enjoy fish and prawn a lot. Especially high class sashimi (or sushi) is delicious. Japan has the greatest food culture in the world, imho.
- Black
- I might consider, but wouldn't bet on it. I can draw a little, but I'm not so good when it comes to designing and editing. I hope for the best with the recruiting though :amuse
- I honestly don't think any of the FF'rs is that annoying :oh I've even come accustomed with the yawning.
- Kuriyama Chiaki - Cold Finger Girl. Is the opening for Level E, and I've been digging that animu a lot. And it's a catchy song on it's own too. Also, when I first listened to the OP, I wondered why she sounds so familiar. She played Gogo (the insane schoolgirl with a meteor hammer) in Kill Bill, and had a role in Battle Royle too.

Hey, Ustegius! Just noticed your thread here. Love the title, btw! Monty Python is <3333 One of my favorite clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ba1OKY7Xc

Thanks again for the artwork you submitted for the Bleach tournament! :amuse Which one was your favorite? Which one was the most challenging to draw?

Python cetainly rules! :amuse The twit competicion certainly is one of the best sketches. One of my favorites is the funniest joke in the world (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gpjk_MaCGM&feature=related)

Your welcome, was no biggie. I've been meaning to try to do Bleach fanart atleast once, since I used to be a bigger fan when younger. Nowadays not so :-_- My favorite was Barragan, I liked doing all the small lines in his face and for some reason drawing felt very natural and minimum of reference was needed. Hardest one was probaply Yamamoto, since I had to check the most reference for him to understand Kubos way of doing things a bit better, it took the longest to get him done. I had to revise it quite some times, and still I'm not completly happy with the result. Isshin was just a fast brushwork.

Googlez_kun
February 01, 2011, 04:53 PM
Yo, Googlez :zomg It has totally changed my life. I've never felt better before and I have lost 5 kilos!

Seriously talking it's quite fun, but surprisingly lot of work

Wow!It's a pinchu success!

Isn't it.I was surprised as well.I mean,i already had tons of threads(in the art section) and they seemed rather easy,but the personal threads are quite a lot of work.They are fun,though.

Btw. i sent you a friend request on myanimelist.

CBlitz
February 02, 2011, 05:57 AM
Definetly Storm of Swords. It's the high point of the series, everything splendidly was built for that climax. And no one definetly see the Red Wedding coming. Well untill the certain House started to seem awfully sneaky right before it actually happened. Also the character developement really shined through the whole novel.

Clash of Kings doesn't lose much though. Battle of Blackwater was incredible.

yup Storm of Swords was amazing. I remember the first time I read, raged so hard at the Red Wedding. Damn them Freys, I thought the Starks would be safe since they did that old custom thing of eating their food but NOPE HURR DURR BREAKING ALL THE RULES AND EVERYTHING

felt pretty bad for Arya too, she managed to finally find her family and than shit hits the fan...multiple times. You just know the Freys are gonna get some divine magical retribution....like being eaten by dragons lol.

soooo when's Dance with Dragons coming out? Its been almost six years :crying

Ustegius
February 02, 2011, 07:01 AM
Btw. i sent you a friend request on myanimelist.

Oh, yes MAL :oh Haven't logged in decades. I should check it out some day, I'm just afraid of all the time updating my lists will consume.

yup Storm of Swords was amazing. I remember the first time I read, raged so hard at the Red Wedding. Damn them Freys, I thought the Starks would be safe since they did that old custom thing of eating their food but NOPE HURR DURR BREAKING ALL THE RULES AND EVERYTHING

felt pretty bad for Arya too, she managed to finally find her family and than shit hits the fan...multiple times. You just know the Freys are gonna get some divine magical retribution....like being eaten by dragons lol.

soooo when's Dance with Dragons coming out? Its been almost six years :crying

I thought spoiler tags would be polite. But I agree, damn them Freys. By the series end, I want to see the Twins burning. Arya sure is a heartbreaker, she was such a sweet girl and now with all she has gone through her character is turning slowly into very dislikable. It's kinda like opposite of Jaime.

Rumors are strong of ADWD being finnished this year. GRRM and his editors even hinted, that he might have pleasant news in early january. However there was no new because I had to spent the holidays in hospital. But marketing wise not to get the novel done by the time the first (and hopefully not last) season of Game of Thrones ends would be just stupid.

I'm hopefull we'll have the book this year, or early 2012.

Evil3ye
February 03, 2011, 07:32 AM
When will we get to see a picture of you, army man

lawlett-kun
February 03, 2011, 10:56 PM
if you wake up one day, and in your room there is a bag with 10K $ what would you do with them?(If you wanna spend can you specify plz how?)

Ustegius
February 05, 2011, 10:00 AM
When will we get to see a picture of you, army man

Sometime. Maybe. Maybe not. If I feel like it.

if you wake up one day, and in your room there is a bag with 10K $ what would you do with them?(If you wanna spend can you specify plz how?)

First I'd try to figure out if there is a catch. A trap or something. Then I'd by a new fancy computer and maybe some other techinical equipment I'd need in my profession. And save the rest to ease financial problems during uni. Might invest some. And if after uni I have some left (or if the investment was very profitfull) I'd use the money to get started with my career. Buy a house maybe, if the investment really paid off.

Imperium
February 06, 2011, 01:03 PM
Yo.

Fantasy recs? Anything...Anything...Bueller?
Oh and if GRRM does a robert jordan, who would you most like to replace him?

Bye.

Edit: (why do i get the feeling we discussed that before....:s )

Organizized
February 06, 2011, 04:10 PM
Moi! Mitä kuuluu?

Just dropping by. How you doing, neighbour? I was hoping to see some new One Piece fanarts from you when I got back, man!

Ustegius
February 06, 2011, 04:39 PM
Yo.

Fantasy recs? Anything...Anything...Bueller?
Oh and if GRRM does a robert jordan, who would you most like to replace him?

Bye.

Edit: (why do i get the feeling we discussed that before....:s )

I don't remember dicussing this. Bueller? I don't really have read that much fantasy. Of the still alive ones, GRRM, Robin Hobb and that's about it. Reading Locke, so can't say word of Lynch for yet. Looking forward to check Rothfuss and Abercrombie when I have time. And following the line, I don't really know who could replace Martin.

But please, feel free to recommend me some fantasy, I'm quite busy with other things, but I'm always open for suggestions.

Moi! Mitä kuuluu?

Just dropping by. How you doing, neighbour? I was hoping to see some new One Piece fanarts from you when I got back, man!

Hej, hur mår du? I've been just fine, thought little bored since no commitments to anything. Actually I feel like I've become bit hikikomori-ish since nothing really requires me going out :oh

I've been lazy with art. I did actually a OP fanart today. Or well, it's based on an unused Buggy crewmember design which I spotted in One Piece Colorwalk 1. I also been working on +2-years Schicibukai Buggy, but I just can't get the wineglass holding hand right.

lawlett-kun
February 06, 2011, 05:08 PM
when are you planning to win in a win thread?

Ustegius
February 06, 2011, 05:17 PM
when are you planning to win in a win thread?

:-_-

lawlett-kun
February 06, 2011, 05:20 PM
there is always next time :)

Ustegius
February 06, 2011, 05:22 PM
there is always next time :)

Xadyu
February 06, 2011, 05:36 PM
Ni-Ni?! :o

Ustegius
February 06, 2011, 05:37 PM
Ni-Ni?! :o

Bring me a shrubbery!

Bugzee
February 06, 2011, 05:38 PM
I'm sowwy, Uste! Better luck next time. :comfort

lawlett-kun
February 06, 2011, 05:42 PM
i think you might be able to win next time

Imperium
February 13, 2011, 12:12 PM
Still havent won?

Im not going to rub it in, since im not that kind of person.

But i couldnt help but notice even scav has won. Does not winning impact your daily life in any way? Oh but what am i saying, i did say i wasnt going to discuss it. I apologise, its not really your fault that you're not winning.

Whats your favourite sport? Do you win at those?

:oh

Googlez_kun
February 13, 2011, 05:31 PM
Why does a irate say Ni?I don't get it.

Xadyu
February 13, 2011, 07:24 PM
Bring me a shrubbery!

But I haven't been to Zangarmarsh yet?! :o

Googlez_kun
February 14, 2011, 01:24 PM
Do you know Matti Hautamäki??

Ustegius
February 14, 2011, 01:34 PM
Still havent won?

Im not going to rub it in, since im not that kind of person.

But i couldnt help but notice even scav has won. Does not winning impact your daily life in any way? Oh but what am i saying, i did say i wasnt going to discuss it. I apologise, its not really your fault that you're not winning.

Whats your favourite sport? Do you win at those?

Well, playing-wise my fav's are football, basketball and floorball. I played football seriously for 8 years, so I guess I'm bit skilled than avarage random person. I had to quit because my knees couldn't take it. I would have liked to try play baskettball in a team, but I was horribly short back then. I suddenly grew almost 30cm in 2 years later. :-_-

I like watching football, american football, and snowboarding.

Why does a irate say Ni?I don't get it.

Because is the most powerfull of all words. You haven't seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail I bet.

But I haven't been to Zangarmarsh yet?!

? Google tells me that relates to WoW. Shame on you, shame.
[hr]

Do you know Matti Hautamäki??

Der ski jumper? Not personally of course, but yes. :oh

lawlett-kun
February 14, 2011, 02:31 PM
But I haven't been to Zangarmarsh yet?! :o

Omg x youplay wow?shame on you.

Ust have you read 4No?

Ustegius
February 14, 2011, 03:00 PM
Ust have you read 4No?

Yeah, I don't remember why exactly I stopped reading and at which chapter. It was mostly pretty good. I'll most likely pick it up again some time, it's finished now too, so no more waiting for the next chapter.

Googlez_kun
February 14, 2011, 04:48 PM
Because is the most powerfull of all words. You haven't seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail I bet.

Der ski jumper? Not personally of course, but yes. :oh

!If it's Monty Python i have to watch it.I can't miss legendary things like Ni!

Ja,der Ski-Springer.I he was one of my favourites when i was a kid(together with Ahonen).I thought they were quite famous in Finnland,because they rocked.

Ustegius
February 14, 2011, 05:02 PM
!If it's Monty Python i have to watch it.I can't miss legendary things like Ni!

Ja,der Ski-Springer.I he was one of my favourites when i was a kid(together with Ahonen).I thought they were quite famous in Finnland,because they rocked.

Holy Grail is indeed a must-see.

Yes they were very famous back in the day, and are still well-known. Though Ahonen has maninly ruined his reputation. After retiring he did some TV-hosting, and he was the dullest, slowest host ever. Then he did a ski jumping comeback with fail results. And I think he still jumps, and has surprised a few times, but pretty trails behind.

But fortunately he didn't become a new Matti Nykänen.

lawlett-kun
February 14, 2011, 10:56 PM
ust how was your valentine day?Anything good happened?any stories to share?

Xadyu
February 15, 2011, 06:03 AM
? Google tells me that relates to WoW. Shame on you, shame.
You said a WoW reference, so fuck you. :p

Omg x youplay wow?shame on you.

No, I don't play WoW. I have played it 7 years ago, for about 3 days. My knowledge of WoW is great and up-to-date, but I won't play it ever again.

lawlett-kun
February 15, 2011, 06:45 PM

No, I don't play WoW. I have played it 7 years ago, for about 3 days. My knowledge of WoW is great and up-to-date, but I won't play it ever again.

oh you played vanilla :hurr.So your knowledge is up to date,but you dont playe...That makes you a WoW stalker:amuse

Ustegius
February 16, 2011, 06:01 AM
ust how was your valentine day?Anything good happened?any stories to share?

Yes, it was a magnificent day. I woke up at noon, birds sung and sun shined. I had coffee and sat down to surf in the internet. Then I ate instant noodles. Then I came back to my computer. And then I went back to sleep.

Like you didn't spot me at LTPTPW through out the day :neutral

I never referenced to (atleast intentionally) WoW, only to Monty Python, so fuck you :p

shaheer
February 16, 2011, 06:12 AM
hei ust how are you, reading some good manga s lately?

Ustegius
February 16, 2011, 07:25 AM
hei ust how are you, reading some good manga s lately?

Hey shaheer, I'm good :amuse. Still broke and unemployed, but fine otherwise.

I haven't been reading much new manga lately. Mainly following the regulars. Very hyped about the continutation of Kaiji scanlating (it's a brilliant manga) and newest series I have started is Jump's Enigma. It's pretty intriguing, especially in the beginning. I'm very curios where it leads, but the recent chapters haven't been very striking. I'm still atleast following untill the end of this first arc, and maybe check how the second starts and continue if it seems interesting.

scav
February 20, 2011, 06:14 PM
hei Ust how far have u gotten in ur relation with Hyst?

lawlett-kun
February 20, 2011, 06:25 PM
hey ust so u admire hyst?thats so nice.Hystegius ftw

After_Image
February 23, 2011, 06:34 PM
Yo Uste how's the job hunting going? Weren't you offered a job broadcasting or something of that sort?

And what anime are you watching this season?

scav
February 23, 2011, 06:54 PM
Hystegius :zomg

Ustegius
February 23, 2011, 06:55 PM
Yo Uste how's the job hunting going? Weren't you offered a job broadcasting or something of that sort?

And what anime are you watching this season?

Not too good. I have a connection with a semi big shot producer (he spents his holidays in fricking Dubai), who promised he'd contact me when he has a new production starting, so I can work there as a trainee. However, that's not solid and there's no pay (only the bonuses the state provides for trainees, about 400e/month). So I've been looking for other possibilities too, mostly focusing on summer jobs now. I've sent applications everywhere. I have had one e-mail "no", one interview and an other on friday. Interview went well in my opinion, they said they'd contact about their choices next week. It's a security job at an amusement park. The other job I'll go to a interview is... telemarketing :fail I'm still hoping to hear from the other jobs I applied to.

This season I'm following Beelzebub, Level E, Fractale, Gosick and Madoka. Beel and Level E are just hilarious. Fractale is pretty awesome and I'm liking Madoka too. Gosick isn't that bad either, but I'm losing interest...

Imperium
February 28, 2011, 03:07 PM
Opinion on the OSKAAARS?

How did the interview go today?

Yesterday was International Polar Bear Day. What is your opinion on that event? Do you think its foolish other people celebrate a day for the beasts that terrorize Finnish villages? Does it anger you? D:

Nokia vs Eriksson? Who wins?

Ustegius
March 02, 2011, 06:18 AM
Opinion on the OSKAAARS?

How did the interview go today?

Yesterday was International Polar Bear Day. What is your opinion on that event? Do you think its foolish other people celebrate a day for the beasts that terrorize Finnish villages? Does it anger you? D:

Nokia vs Eriksson? Who wins?

Pretty much as predicted. Bit dissapointed True Grit didn't get a single one, would have deserved for cinematography.

The interview went okay, I guess. Not really strong feeling about it, but I don't think I totally failed either. I should hear from them today or tomorrow.

I'm okay with it. All life should be respected. Not every polar bear is aggressive.

I'd say Nokia, even though I do have SonyEricson at the moment.

Bugzee
March 02, 2011, 06:56 AM
Ustegius, do you follow Formula One? :blink

Do you like the Gorillaz? Yay or nay?

Ustegius
March 02, 2011, 07:06 AM
Ustegius, do you follow Formula One? :blink

No, I've never really cared about motor sports.

Do you like the Gorillaz? Yay or nay?

Yay. I do like Gorillaz a lot. Awesome music mostly and the videos are cool.

Bugzee
March 08, 2011, 04:34 PM
Sweet! I love the Gorillaz as well! :hi5

They've got an awesome youtube channel where they upload various animated video clips of the band. You should definitely check it out. Have you listened to their newer LP called "The Fall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fall_(Gorillaz_album))"?

Uste, are you an Arsenal fan? :-_-

Farfalla
March 09, 2011, 07:07 AM
Hystegius :zomg

I though that was Hyst's nick for a while Ç.Ç
Hi, Riku o/
How's your headache?

Ustegius
March 09, 2011, 08:29 AM
Sweet! I love the Gorillaz as well! :hi5

They've got an awesome youtube channel where they upload various animated video clips of the band. You should definitely check it out. Have you listened to their newer LP called "The Fall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fall_(Gorillaz_album))"?

Uste, are you an Arsenal fan? :-_-

Yeah, I know the channel. Haven't watched too much, but it seems pretty cool. No, I haven't really bothered to listen The Fall yet. Though I bet I soon will.

And hell no. I don't really have a favorite team, the closest one to that tittle is Barca.

Hi, Riku o/
How's your headache?

Hi Far. It's long gone, thanks for asking. A cold shower, some ice cream and tea helped :amuse

riki
March 25, 2011, 03:54 PM
Since you're a big fan of GoT, would you get the game (http://www.joystiq.com/tag/A-Game-of-Thrones-Genesis/)?

Imperium
March 25, 2011, 03:59 PM
ATTENTION, YOU HAS IT.

favourite lake?
favourite door frame?
favourite eraser?
favourite light bulb?

shaheer
March 31, 2011, 07:11 AM
you jus had to ruin his thread didnt you, now impy :rtfm

Ustegius
March 31, 2011, 07:22 AM
Since you're a big fan of GoT, would you get the game (http://www.joystiq.com/tag/A-Game-of-Thrones-Genesis/)?

Depends if the game gets good reviews. Or the games actually, since there are two in developement. RPG and RTS. I'm more interested in the latter. I'm not that much of a fanboy, that I'd by anything that has GoT or ASOIAF printed on it. The books are my love, and the television show seems to have amazing production value.

ATTENTION, YOU HAS IT.

favourite lake?
favourite door frame?
favourite eraser?
favourite light bulb?

Näsijärvi
I like slide doors
plastic eraser
depends on the lamp

:derp

Hystzen
March 31, 2011, 10:00 AM
what your favorite buttons.

also the ultimate questions

Boxers or briefs

Zip up jeans or button up jeans

Ustegius
April 11, 2011, 12:33 PM
what your favorite buttons.

also the ultimate questions

Boxers or briefs

Zip up jeans or button up jeans

Favorite buttons? The big red ones with a sign saying "DO NOT PRESS" above them :derp

Boxers are more comfortable. Though I must admit I also have few briefs.

Doesn't matter as long as the jeans look and feel good. Though buttons can be hellish when drunk. Though its not like I always remember to zip up either when Im really drunk.

:derp

AlB
April 15, 2011, 12:17 PM
Though buttons can be hellish when drunk.

Oh, I SOOO can relate.
Buy you have to admit: standing for half an hour near a toilet trying to do something you don't even care about any more, after one of those crazy drinking p... enlightning dinners, has its own charm :nuts

Xadyu
April 15, 2011, 03:27 PM
I win.

Ustegius
April 15, 2011, 04:02 PM
Oh, I SOOO can relate.
Buy you have to admit: standing for half an hour near a toilet trying to do something you don't even care about any more, after one of those crazy drinking p... enlightning dinners, has its own charm :nuts

Well, I guess it is part of the whole experience :D

I win.

I think you misunderstood. It is #1500 which wins, we are still long away from it. So go, spam! :3c

Farfalla
April 16, 2011, 07:19 AM
Camper =O

After_Image
April 16, 2011, 11:15 AM
So I'm going to watch GoT tomorrow but I'm wondering when do you get to watch it? Does it air a few hours later there or is it a few days?

Xadyu
April 16, 2011, 11:40 AM
I want to sit on the Iron Throne too. I've seen a bunch of pics from people sitting on it and it makes everyone look fucking awesome! :zomg

Ustegius
April 16, 2011, 04:44 PM
Camper =O

Who?

So I'm going to watch GoT tomorrow but I'm wondering when do you get to watch it? Does it air a few hours later there or is it a few days?

3 weeks later technically...

I want to sit on the Iron Throne too. I've seen a bunch of pics from people sitting on it and it makes everyone look fucking awesome! :zomg

Yeah, I've seen those photos too. Would be damn awesome to get sit on it. The throne itself looks fricking badass and dangerous, just as it shoud be looking like. :zomg

Farfalla
April 16, 2011, 06:13 PM
Me!

Ustegius
April 16, 2011, 06:22 PM
Oh, okay :oh

Hystzen
April 17, 2011, 05:47 PM
I starting reading the GOT books this week (well Song of Ice and Fire technically :3c )

just bout finish GOT

Ustegius
April 17, 2011, 05:54 PM
I starting reading the GOT books this week (well Song of Ice and Fire technically :3c )

just bout finish GOT

Cool :zomg I don't quite remember have you read those before, or are you a new readr?

Can't wait for Dance, I guess I should reread atleast Storm of Swords and possibly Feast before the release.

Xadyu
April 17, 2011, 06:31 PM
I do not have a gentle heart.

Farfalla
April 17, 2011, 06:33 PM
Pfff.

Imperium
April 17, 2011, 06:51 PM
Okay, I want two things from you.

Out of 10 and disappointing or not.

Ustegius
April 18, 2011, 08:03 AM
Okay, I want two things from you.

Out of 10 and disappointing or not.

Not dissapointing. While I missed some bits from the book, I did know that some parts would be changed. It suffers from the issues that were pretty much predicted - lots of characters and fast. However I must give credit that it was scripted well, it captured the characters from the books and established their nature well with short scenes. Also the usual problems which come with book adaptations. We are not in their head. They talk aloud about things both obviously know well, which is bit unreal, but not too distracting.

Also the Others (or White Walkers as referenced in the show) did not look like what I imagined. But the sound effect associated wtih them were brilliant. Cracking ice just as described in the books!

It looked awesome, and the music is also surprisingly good. I were very dissapointed when Djawadi was announced as the composer, because his previous works are damn unimpressive, even boring. Pleasantly surprised here.
Acting was all around good, high lights were Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) and Maisie Williams (Arya Stark). The big names of the show, Sean Bean and Mark Addy, did not dissapoint either. The cliffhanger of the end was as good as they say, though I waited bit more impact. Though might be I didn't feel it because I knew what was gonna happen.

Rating? I don't really like giving those, especially based on only one episode. I'd say solid 8/10.

Organizized
April 18, 2011, 08:14 AM
Oh, it's started? :o Gotta download patiently wait for it to air in Sweden... as soon as I get home. :ninja

So it's good? I've actually been hyping it quite a bit since you guys first pointed me in its general direction (although I still haven't read the books). Ah, well... I'll have to see for myself, come the weekend.

Ustegius
April 18, 2011, 08:23 AM
Oh, it's started? :o Gotta download patiently wait for it to air in Sweden... as soon as I get home. :ninja

So it's good? I've actually been hyping it quite a bit since you guys first pointed me in its general direction (although I still haven't read the books). Ah, well... I'll have to see for myself, come the weekend.

Great :zomg

Well, it's solid good. The result is always a bit let down for me whenever something is adapted to the screen from a book. But I liked what I saw and could watch it without facepalming. Something that has been happening with every book adaptation after LotR. Definetly the best fantasy series ever to be shown in TV, that's for sure.

Not quite yet where BE, Sopranos, Rome and others are, but non of the mentioned neither did buy me in by the first episode alone.

And I'd say it's same as with the books; greatest parts are just coming. It hardly gets started.

Organizized
April 18, 2011, 09:05 AM
Oh right, I was planning on sharing this too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scsqhYeQmck&

Nothing really special, but it reminded me of and got me more hyped about season 2. :D

Ustegius
April 18, 2011, 09:44 AM
Just saw it on Facebook. Not much indeed, but pretty nice still. Can't wait for season 2. Hope it has more Chalky and Richard Harrow. Those two were my favorite minor characters.

Hystzen
April 18, 2011, 01:19 PM
Cool :zomg I don't quite remember have you read those before, or are you a new readr?

Can't wait for Dance, I guess I should reread atleast Storm of Swords and possibly Feast before the release.

First time reader..it took me quarter way to get gripped on the book that mainly due to trying to remember each character and goals quite hard at first to juggle that many characters.

some i didn't like;

Daenerys - first few chapters it just her been ploughed by that worlds version of mongols or her nobhead brother punching her. last few chapters of hers where good though

Sanya- really couldn't give a shit bout her

Anya meh some good parts

Eddard- great chapters alot interesting characters all the political intrigue going on

Jon- 2nd best was hoping he turn up at the battle against Lannister

Bran- couldn't give a shit

Robb- great

Tyrion- the best character his wit made his parts great interaction with his family and enemies especially Shagga ( i cut your manhood and feed it to the goats) and Bronn

Ustegius
April 18, 2011, 01:55 PM
First time reader..it took me quarter way to get gripped on the book that mainly due to trying to remember each character and goals quite hard at first to juggle that many characters.

some i didn't like;

Daenerys - first few chapters it just her been ploughed by that worlds version of mongols or her nobhead brother punching her. last few chapters of hers where good though

Sanya- really couldn't give a shit bout her

Anya meh some good parts

Eddard- great chapters alot interesting characters all the political intrigue going on

Jon- 2nd best was hoping he turn up at the battle against Lannister

Bran- couldn't give a shit

Robb- great

Tyrion- the best character his wit made his parts great interaction with his family and enemies especially Shagga ( i cut your manhood and feed it to the goats) and Bronn

So you seem to like it. Awesome. And it only gets better.

It was indeed bit confusing first with all the names and heraldry and stuff, but the story is so amazing it's certainly worth the effort.

Daenerys-She was pretty depressing in the beginning, but her characters growth is one of the most strongest of the series.

Sansa- She is indeed boring. Pretty dramatic scenes in books 2 and 3, but most progress is in book 4. I actually started to like her.

Arya - One of my favorites. Her story starts properly running in Clash. I'm sure you'll be totally suprised what Martin has in store for her.

Eddard - Yeah, was my favorite after first book too. Closest thing to good guy and a protagonists the series has.

Jon - I thought he was pretty annoying arrogant emo. But near the end he starts to get more sense. And his storyline is most likely the most epic in asoiaf.

Robb - Man, he is awesome. Too bad we get so little on him in the books, since he has no POV of his own. One of the things Im looking forwards to in the tv show: more of him.

Tyrion - Just brilliant. Maybe the greatest character in the series.

So your favorites are Tyrion and Snow? Well, they aong with Arya are maybe the most popular ones. My favs are Arya, Stannis (only briefly mentioned in GoT), Tyrion and The Hound.

Hystzen
April 18, 2011, 02:06 PM
Im going get rest of books i also avoiding wikipedia not to spoil anything. Im going watch the show when it starts in an hour i know there is cuts due to budget and stuff.

Do we see more from the north beyond the wall, i was hoping for some epic wraiths to appear during the battle as a raiding party so they realize they are the true enemy.

Ustegius
April 18, 2011, 02:17 PM
Im going get rest of books i also avoiding wikipedia not to spoil anything. Im going watch the show when it starts in an hour i know there is cuts due to budget and stuff.

Do we see more from the north beyond the wall, i was hoping for some epic wraiths to appear during the battle as a raiding party so they realize they are the true enemy.

Definetly avoid wiki, also any discussion board. With the shows pilot out, it seems trolls and plain douches have invested every board and are intentionally trying to spoils as many "newbies" as possible.

Yes, we'll get lot more stuff beyond the wall.

After_Image
April 18, 2011, 02:18 PM
100th post. :dancin What did I win?

Oh and also the first episode was really good, I'm glad I gave into the hype. :p

Ustegius
April 18, 2011, 02:44 PM
100th post. :dancin What did I win?

Oh and also the first episode was really good, I'm glad I gave into the hype. :p

Oh cookie, here you go! Oh wait, I ate it already :cookiehand

Nice, hopefully more people see the beauty of the series soon. Early ratings don't seem too good. 1,8M. That's a million less than Boarwalk fo example. Though True Bloods pilot had even less, and look how big it is now. And those are not official ratings yet anyways.

Hystzen
April 18, 2011, 02:49 PM
GOT does not have a pull though. it cater for fantasy fans which not as big as most fanbases like gangster or war fans which HBO series they done before

also started a thread which might get merged but go post views in it :3c

riki
April 20, 2011, 07:48 AM
Great news, Uste.

HBO decided to renew (http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/ratings-game-of-thrones-down-but-not-out/) GoT for a second season already. :)

Ustegius
April 20, 2011, 07:55 AM
Great news, Uste.

HBO decided to renew (http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/ratings-game-of-thrones-down-but-not-out/) GoT for a second season already. :)

I know already, saw that yesterday. That makes it 2 more seasons than I ever cared to hope for. And Martin is confirmed to write episode with a certain big event near the end of the book :zomg

I do hope the buzz grows and the popularity grows. Season three would be mind-blowing to general audiences. While not being a smash hit, the premiere has atleast spawned a lot of discussion. People are disgusted, but intrigued.

riki
April 20, 2011, 07:56 AM
Why are they disgusted?

Ustegius
April 20, 2011, 08:08 AM
Why are they disgusted?

They are too distracted by the sex. I hope they would get over it. It's HBO show afterall. They always have ton of boobage, especially in the pilot.

Lots of sex and violence. And lot of the the sex is morally wrong. Incest, whores, half-rape. Many new viewers seems to falsely asume it's just a regular fantasy adventure with forcefully added boobage. Which is far from truth. Besides, every sex scene in the pilot surved a purpose to the story.

Also they complain, that there isn't fairly enough male nudity, just ladies. Whichs is funny because there is a horde of 40.000 shirtless horsewarriors around. Well, I guess those complainers should be happy with the upcoming gay sex.

Hystzen
April 20, 2011, 11:48 AM
http://uk.io9.com/5793737/which-hbo-pilot-has-more-nudity-true-blood-or-game-of-thrones

interesting maths in this post

Ustegius
April 20, 2011, 12:37 PM
Interesting indeed. But it didn't feel like GoT had more of of sex than True Blood did. There should be lesbian and gay sex in the following eps, so I wonder how that is received. Also, I heard Borgias had a way longer and detailed rape-ish scene than that with Dany and Drogo. (It was btw, lot less rape-ish in the books.) And no one bothers to make a scandal of that.

Well, let's just hope that the saying "All publicity is good publicity". But really, I don't like at all how GoT is being marked as boobs and blood. That's so far from the truth... But can't blame really. The politics and backstabbing hasn't started yet.

AlB
May 03, 2011, 01:30 PM
Hey Ustegius :) What's your favourite moment in Game of Thrones series so far?
Having read the book and being a Stark supporter/Tyrion fan/Joffrey hater I have to call this:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/8/2011/04/40eae7301549751c6ea7e11666eee497/340x.gif

And who are your favourite characters in the saga? :)

Ustegius
May 03, 2011, 01:44 PM
Hey Ustegius :) What's your favourite moment in Game of Thrones series so far?
Having read the book and being a Stark supporter/Tyrion fan/Joffrey hater I have to call this:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/8/2011/04/40eae7301549751c6ea7e11666eee497/340x.gif

And who are your favourite characters in the saga? :)

I never get bored of that .gif Joffrey deserves every single one of those slaps.

Well, my favorite moment this far is most likely the last scene of episode 3. Syrio and Arya "dancing" and Ned watching over and then his face darkens and in his mind sounds of practice swords turn into metal agains metal. Syrio was one of my favorite minor characters in the book, and I think he is even better in the show.

Well, of the major characters Arya and Tyrion are my favorites. Who wouldn't like those two? I also have to mention Jon Snow. Don't like him as character that much, but his plotline is one of the most interesting ones. From minor characters I'm pretty fond of the "bad guys" The Hound, Stannis, Littlefinger and Bronn. And Hodor. But really, there are so many brilliant characters its hard to choose a favorites.

Oh, and an honorary mention to Dolorous-Edd. He has some of the greatest quotes of the saga.

AlB
May 03, 2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah, Syrio was awesome. I missed him for as long as he was gone... BOY!.

I do not think that Stannis is a bad guy, actually. He was the best candidate for crown out of the five kings compared to others: Romeo, strut, brat, and cruel old bastard didn't have much on him, no? And he was just strict, not bad, but that's my opinion.

Arya and Tyrion are my favourites as well :beer but I would also add Greatjon, Nan and Meera. These 5 are just my personal favourites. Oh and I hate Tywin :darn
Edd is the legend :amuse

As for Jon... well I honestly can't wait for a confirmation that he is a cross breed between the wolf and the dragon...if you get what I mean :amuse

Ustegius
May 03, 2011, 03:06 PM
Well, I'm not too psyched with R+L=J. It seems too obvious. But beats the possibility his mom being just a random wetnurse. I just don't see him on the Iron Throne.

I don't think Stannis is exactly a bad guy either, but his methods are indeed cruel. And he sometimes treats people like crap. Poor Cressen. There hardly are any clearly "bad" characters in the saga, it's more gray than that.

And I hate Tywin too, but there more despicable characters than him in my opinion. Like Joffrey and Ramsay Bolton. And then there are the power hungry women, Cersei and Melissandre. And Craster is pretty damn nasty too. If we can trust Genna, Tywin wasn't that bad a guy when younger.

AlB
May 03, 2011, 04:03 PM
Jon for the Warden of the North!! Change we can believe in! Haha :D
Well yeah, Stannis is a bit cruel. Then again, Ned and Tyrion were too soft and look where it got both of them.

No, no, Tywin was always a monster: remember there was a talk (don't remember who said that) that Tywin, being a youngster, arranged such a massacre for a couple of disloyal families that when he sent the jester to some another lesser lord and the jester sang about the massacres the lord in question changed his mind about getting on Tywin's nerves. And the way he treated Tyrion... that's just unforgivable. He had no right, as a father.
Jokes aside, I consider Joffrey a very tragic figure: While I admit that some of that nasty temper he did own to mother nature, Cersei and Robert were also at fault. They were the worst parents a child can ask for. While the latter apparently did not give a crap about him the former just spent 13 years deluding the kid that he was God or smth. Joff would have ended up better person if he was an orphan.
By the way... I really hope I won't be seeing Cersei anymore :notrust I used to like to hate her, but now she's just plain annoying.
And yeah, you don't have to mention Craster, Cersei and Jaime are saints when compared to him. As for Melissandre - I'm still not sure about her.
Bolton... well, Bolron is a prick, nuff said.

By the way, do you happen to be "Greatjon + Giantsbane = best pals" supporter? :amuse

Ustegius
May 03, 2011, 04:33 PM
Good point about Joffrey. Though Myrcella and Tommen pretty much got the same treatment, they are both nice kids. But they are also significantly younger, no hormones kicking in yet. And I guess Cersei didn't pamper them as much as her firstborn.

By the way, do you happen to be "Greatjon + Giantsbane = best pals" supporter? :amuse

Wow, that indeed sounds like something very plausible if they ever meet. That or friendly rivals :D

blai
May 21, 2011, 02:52 PM
Question: Have you read all of the released "A song of Ice and Fire" books? If so, do you think that all of 'em should be serialized?

BBB Banana
May 21, 2011, 02:55 PM
Your thread has moved to the mods section huh?

So how do you feel now that you are a mod?

Ustegius
May 21, 2011, 03:17 PM
Question: Have you read all of the released "A song of Ice and Fire" books? If so, do you think that all of 'em should be serialized?

Yup, read all for and can hardly wait for Dance, which will be published in July. Of course I hope all of it is adapted to screen, but I'm a realist about that. The saga is planned to be 7 books. Considering the length of the latter ones, it would be 9 season or so. Hardly any serious drama are on air that long. Especially something as expensive as Thrones. I would'nt mind if they wrapped it after Storm of Swords. That's be 3/4 seasons more than I ever expected for.

Your thread has moved to the mods section huh?

So how do you feel now that you are a mod?

Seems so. I'm pretty indifferent. I never exactly wanted to be a mod, so when I were asked it was a suprise. But not a negative one. I'm taking the challenge with an open mind. Besides it was the General Entertainment, so it was easy to accept. I hardly wonder outside of FF/LPTPW anyways.

riki
May 21, 2011, 03:28 PM
So what will be the first thing you will do as a mod? :p

BBB Banana
May 21, 2011, 03:32 PM
Have you banned someone already? Oh wait you are ajust a powerless green :3c

Googlez_kun
May 21, 2011, 03:42 PM
I bet he'll ban someone just to try it.Do we have any polar bears registered?:imslow:oh......:paperbag

Anyway,you were always rather inactive before.At least i didn't see you often.So,are you still able to freely decide how much time you spend here,or do you have to be present for a certain amount of time as a mod?

Ustegius
May 22, 2011, 05:23 AM
So what will be the first thing you will do as a mod? :p

First thing I did as a mod was... post to LPTPW. Suprise? I should have posted :mariachi

I bet he'll ban someone just to try it.Do we have any polar bears registered?:imslow:oh......:paperbag

Anyway,you were always rather inactive before.At least i didn't see you often.So,are you still able to freely decide how much time you spend here,or do you have to be present for a certain amount of time as a mod?

I don't think I've never been actually inactive. Rather a lurker, prefered to read opinions than write them. But indeed I have become more active during the past year. The "working hours" are flexible, they understand we have real lives too. But despite that, I do visit General Entertainment several times a day normally, so it isn't really an issue.

Organizized
May 22, 2011, 09:08 AM
Woa, wtf! My Finnish pal's gone green! Will you be my corrupt cop?

Congrats on going mod! :confetti Currently on my iPhone, so I can't be bothered to check... So what sections are you modding?

Ustegius
May 22, 2011, 09:18 AM
Woa, wtf! My Finnish pal's gone green! Will you be my corrupt cop?

Congrats on going mod! :confetti Currently on my iPhone, so I can't be bothered to check... So what sections are you modding?

Well, all desires are valid for a man with a full purse :3c

I'll be modding General Entertainment. And I understand browsing forums with iThings can sure be troublesome -_-;

Drmke
June 01, 2011, 01:57 PM
Heeeey new friend!

So you're form the Isle of Man huh? Sounds ladyless....I think it would be boring there D:

Ustegius
June 01, 2011, 03:18 PM
Maybe, but the flag is fricking awesome!
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8318/isleofman.gif

I mean, come on. It's three legs. Fused together. How epic is that?!?

M3J
June 01, 2011, 08:21 PM
Reminds me of Mangekyo Sharingan.

Wait, I thought you were modding One Piece. WTFBBQ is going on here? :(

Oh, I probably got you mixed up with someone else, I think.

xi0
June 01, 2011, 10:58 PM
Reminds me of Mangekyo Sharingan.

Wait, I thought you were modding One Piece. WTFBBQ is going on here? :(

Oh, I probably got you mixed up with someone else, I think.

What a troll :cookiehand

M3J
June 01, 2011, 11:45 PM
I am not trolling. I think I did get him mixed up with Uriel. :cookiestare

Kaiten
June 03, 2011, 09:47 PM
Maybe, but the flag is fricking awesome!
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8318/isleofman.gif

I mean, come on. It's three legs. Fused together. How epic is that?!?

pfffff. That's nothing. Behold, the Benin Empire (1440-1897):

http://i52.tinypic.com/16c70g9.gif

riki
June 03, 2011, 09:49 PM
Definitely straight to the point.

I wouldn't want to mess with those guys.

Kaiten
June 05, 2011, 12:33 AM
Unfortunately for Benin, the British were not intimidated.

blai
June 08, 2011, 05:23 AM
While on the subject; British India was the worst thing that ever happened to me.

:fail

Imperium
June 08, 2011, 09:48 AM
It took me some time to find this place, I totally forgot it would have been moved here >.>. I promised I wouldn't post here until your FB hunt was complete but...Forgive me for I have sinned. I havent watched GOT since episode...three I think. 1 reason why I should go to the GOT folder and press play....GO!

Ustegius
June 08, 2011, 10:47 AM
Seems Benin Empire had a recpectable attitude :oh

It took me some time to find this place, I totally forgot it would have been moved here >.>. I promised I wouldn't post here until your FB hunt was complete but...Forgive me for I have sinned. I havent watched GOT since episode...three I think. 1 reason why I should go to the GOT folder and press play....GO!

You totally should, I think that's the point from which it will start to get significantly better. Eps 6,7, are just epic.

I also forget sometimes my thread is here now... As for the FB, well, good luck. I wouldn't waste too much time on it :p

Imperium
June 08, 2011, 11:01 AM
Oh dont worry. The hunt is on pause until I find something significant enough to blackmail you with. Kuhahahahahah*evil laugh* hahaha

Ustegius
June 08, 2011, 11:41 AM
Hah, like you will find something discriminating or embarrasing. That doesn't mean there isn't anything, I just have a knack for hiding my and destroying evidence :3c

Imperium
July 05, 2011, 09:03 PM
So like I checked your tf2 stats...after a jawdrop....I went all....

:worship

Ustegius
July 06, 2011, 04:47 AM
Well thank you. I guess the hundreds of hours of gaming were worth it. :D

The Pyro stats are broken though. Rest is genuine. I haven't played it for almost a month or so... We gotta have a match sometime, I'm rusty enough for you to have even a chance :3c

Imperium
July 06, 2011, 08:01 AM
I was about to ask if they were....I was like SIX HUNDRED....SIX HUNDRED. Man that would have been an epic story if that was true.

Yea we should. Cummy and Farf (and her bf) usually play so we can have like a fivesome sometime. :smile-big

Farfalla
August 07, 2011, 06:19 AM
Uste! XD Check this:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6579356/game-of-thrones-rpg

Organizized
August 07, 2011, 06:31 AM
xi0 posted that in the GoT thread already. Pretty funny, especially the Jaime-Bran fight. :tem

Ustegius
August 07, 2011, 07:20 AM
Yup, saw that. Was pretty hilarious, especially the Jaime fight and the trial by duel :lmao

TYRION has reached level 23!

TYRION is evolving into...

AUDIENCE'S FAVORITE CHARACTER!

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Still remember my dad's reaction of Tyrion. First he was like "and what kinda weird creepy f*cker this Lannister is..." And the slowly the story progressed, and then after the famous I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel....-scene he actually said out loud "F'ck this guy is AWESOME!"

riki
August 09, 2011, 11:40 AM
Have you seen this interview?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTTW8M_etko

Imperium
August 09, 2011, 11:52 AM
Unrelated but, wow, that is an amazing youtube channel. Subscribe.

xi0
August 09, 2011, 01:16 PM
xi0 posted that in the GoT thread already. Pretty funny, especially the Jaime-Bran fight. :tem

:hip ...eat your heart out Farf :hip

Ustegius
August 09, 2011, 04:37 PM
@riki: About half of it, catched it when it was live. The broadcast time showed about 2 hours then when it ended, so looks quite a bit was edited out. Good to know the editing is ready, I gotta watch the first half sometime ^^

Was also my first touch with that channel. It seems pretty damn great! And George said in his blog the Google campus was awesome too. They have a slide as alternative for stairs or elevators :zomg

riki
August 09, 2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I heard that Google and Pixar have one of the best campuses around.

Farfalla
August 09, 2011, 05:46 PM
:hip ...eat your heart out Farf :hip

I could only eat the pieces, since that dog keeps breaking my heart U.U
And go away, Robbie ò.ó Only talk to me to mock me!

Here something for you: http://steliq.com/c/lm/4/44/24329664_116.jpg

xi0
August 10, 2011, 11:35 PM
I could only eat the pieces, since that dog keeps breaking my heart U.U
And go away, Robbie ò.ó Only talk to me to mock me!

Here something for you: http://steliq.com/c/lm/4/44/24329664_116.jpg

What dog?...

That doesn't really bother me, they deserved to win :cookiestare

Farfalla
August 11, 2011, 04:55 AM
Orgz '-'~ (you quoted a person, I mentioned that person)

xi0
August 11, 2011, 04:57 AM
Orgz '-'~ (you quoted a person, I mentioned that person)

Ah I get it now. Sorry I didn't know he was a dog :blink

Farfalla
August 11, 2011, 05:01 AM
That's not a problem. I'm glad I could help o/

xi0
August 11, 2011, 05:05 AM
That's not a problem. I'm glad I could help o/

Oh...I thought you were going to thank me. Well, whatever :hee

Farfalla
August 11, 2011, 05:20 AM
You're like the only person in the world that can't me O.O Yay, finally found one *0*

xi0
August 11, 2011, 05:32 AM
You're like the only person in the world that can't me O.O Yay, finally found one *0*

Can't you what? :blink

Farfalla
August 11, 2011, 05:50 AM
*predict me xD

Organizized
August 11, 2011, 07:31 AM
I'm not really a dog, xi0. I'm only pretending. She's so easily fooled.

Farfalla, nvm what I told xi0. I'm a dog, I just don't want anyone else to know.

xi0
August 13, 2011, 01:36 AM
*predict me xD

Ah...well :imslow I don't know what to say to that

I'm not really a dog, xi0. I'm only pretending. She's so easily fooled.

Farfalla, nvm what I told xi0. I'm a dog, I just don't want anyone else to know.

Orgz is always truthful, except when he lies :cookiehand

goldb
August 13, 2011, 04:20 AM
Hi Ust,

First time stopping here, How are ya?

Ustegius
August 13, 2011, 06:44 AM
Sup goldb!

I'm fine I guess. Starting uni at tuesday. I guess I should feel excited or something, but nothing yet. Slight curiosity but mainly indifferent. Well atleast I'll finally have something to do on days. The whole neet thing was killing me and my creatitivity.

goldb
August 13, 2011, 11:36 AM
What year at uni are you starting? and what are you studying?

Ustegius
August 13, 2011, 12:32 PM
My first year. I got accepted in after my second try with the entrance exams last year, but I were still in the army back then. So starting was pushed to this fall. Not sure if uni is right word to use, but the school titles itself on their website in english "University of applied sciences", so I'll go with uni

The program I'll be taking is called "Film and television educational program" or something like that. First year is general stuff of the area, and after that I'm supposed to specialize. No idea to what to direction yet, but producing, sound&lightning and editing(+visual effects) are the ones I'm currently most interested in.

Organizized
August 13, 2011, 01:23 PM
If you found out that Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter is playing Jeyne Westerling, how would you react?

Ustegius
August 13, 2011, 01:40 PM
First: Chaplin :zomg Then: indifference. Doesn't really fit my mental image, but doesn't really matter. I wonder howmuch they gonna extend Jeynes role. Not a big role, so I don't care that much.

goldb
August 13, 2011, 01:46 PM
My first year. I got accepted in after my second try with the entrance exams last year, but I were still in the army back then. So starting was pushed to this fall. Not sure if uni is right word to use, but the school titles itself on their website in english "University of applied sciences", so I'll go with uni

The program I'll be taking is called "Film and television educational program" or something like that. First year is general stuff of the area, and after that I'm supposed to specialize. No idea to what to direction yet, but producing, sound&lightning and editing(+visual effects) are the ones I'm currently most interested in.

Sounds like a good course, though I didn't know you were in the army :zomg You're so cool!!! As to what you want to specialise in, just take it one step at a time and see which modules you're better suited for...:thumbs

Organizized
August 13, 2011, 01:57 PM
First: Chaplin :zomg Then: indifference. Doesn't really fit my mental image, but doesn't really matter. I wonder howmuch they gonna extend Jeynes role. Not a big role, so I don't care that much.

Hahah, exactly the same here. I was like "omgwtf :zomg wait, that's not exciting." Also, I had pictured Jeyne as blonde and white (don't know if she's described as such, but whatever), not latino-kinda. Don't have a problem with it, just breaks my mental image of her. At least it not as big a blunder as making Xaro black... I mean, how can you miss the fact that the Qartheen are pale? It's like the only way they're described. :oh

xi0
August 13, 2011, 02:17 PM
They actually aren't specifying which Jeyne she's playing. It could be Westerling or Poole...though the latter doesn't make any more sense than the former, looks-wise. It could even be a non-cannon character for all we know.

riki
August 15, 2011, 12:02 PM
Have you seen this food blog (http://www.cookingiceandfire.com/)? The blogger is making recipes based off the books. ^^

goldb
August 15, 2011, 05:19 PM
Ooooohh :zomg recipes based off the books sounds awesome!

Ustegius
August 16, 2011, 09:41 AM
Yeah, seen that before. Or not sure it is that one, there is another one too (named The Inn at the Crossroad, I think). Seems a great site, maybe I should try making some of those myself sometime. There was also news that there was a Game of Thrones cook book in making, based on the recipes of one blog.

riki
September 11, 2011, 10:47 AM
*revive*

Hey! What's up?

So when and where did you meet Yoshihiro Takahashi? Was he cool?

Ustegius
September 11, 2011, 11:36 AM
Someone wrote in my thread *gasp*

Hi riki! :hug

I'm cool. Started uni about 3 weeks ago. I've been busy at times, but it also has been lot of fun. Made new friends and contacts, and even learned a little. Not much any film making related yet, but we are getting there. Thursday/Friday spent on a camp/trip thing on Ideation course. We had few workshops, improv and stuff and it was a lot of fun. Feels kinda amusing that was considered studying.

Yoshihiro Takahashi was the guest of honor in Tracon 2011 last weekend. I'm not a huge Ginga fan, but I've watched the anime on VHS when I were a kid and have read the manga when they started publishing in finnish, so I wanted to really see the guy. There was an interview, which was pretty nice. Not too incredibly enlightening, but nice. He seemed a bit shy, but otherwise quite cool old mangaka. Promised to feature a finnish dog in his manga too. He also seemed genuinely suprised and pleased of the finnish Ginga fandom ^^

I were one of the lucky 200 who got a ticket to his signing event. The distributing of those tickets was a bloody mess. Completle fiasco. Worst was that there also were a lot of very young ones in midst of the trampling masses. At first there was a queue. It got rather long. Then a security control guy came to break the line, yelling it isn't THE queue, that the distribution desk doesn't even exist. At that time it was already past the informed time. Obviously the people didn't go away, but the nice queue turned into a mob. Then when they set a table on middle of the mass of people, you can guess what happened. Not very civilized things. And the security guards attitude and ill joking just made the situation worse.

The signing event itself went nicely. There was a very professional security gal, who directed the queue to a reasonable direction and kindly removed those without tickest from it. I met the guy shaked hands and got his autograph on the inner cover of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin vol 1. All in a few seconds.

riki
September 11, 2011, 02:26 PM
What is Ideation course about? I've never heard of it before.

The autograph session sounds very chaotic. :s I would be annoyed that it was somewhat disorganized. Luckily it seems like everything went okay later on and it seems like you had fun meeting him. :amuse

Ustegius
September 11, 2011, 02:33 PM
Ideation is about coming up with ideas. Teamwork, making observations, thinking outside the box, going all zen mode. Teaching as different ways of approaching subjects with different working methods. That is art uni for you :cookiehand

riki
October 04, 2011, 07:41 PM
Have you seen these pics (http://geeks.thedailywh.at/2011/10/03/game-of-thrones-set-pics-of-the-day-2/) yet?

Ustegius
October 05, 2011, 04:45 AM
Not all of those, but most. The pics are just flooding from Croatia, so it is hard to keep up. But that is pretty awesome. Last season set photos were a rare treat. Looks good, Dubrovinik seems like a perfect replacement for Malta as King's Landing.

thornofcarrion
October 10, 2011, 09:23 AM
Love the sig. You into viking metal? Well, many of Viking metal bands come from Finland :-_-

Ustegius
October 11, 2011, 09:20 AM
Love the sig. You into viking metal? Well, many of Viking metal bands come from Finland :-_-

Thanks. It is from Bone, a comic by Jeef Smith (in case you didn't know).

Well, not particulary viking metal, but folk metal in general is pretty cool. Not that I listen much of it, but there are a few bands I like. Like Ensiferum and to lesser extent Turisas and Finntroll.

Oh, and one of my favorites Amorphis has bit of folk metallish elements, and they use the epic poem Kalevala as source for lyrics. But it certainly isn't viking metal.

Bugzee
October 13, 2011, 01:20 PM
Uste. :zomg

Join us. :shakefist

Ustegius
October 15, 2011, 10:00 AM
Uste. :zomg

Join us. :shakefist

The happies? No thank you. As I already said, if I didn't like my current set as much as I do, I would have already made an anti-happy group, with grumpy/depressing/angsty set.

Googlez_kun
October 15, 2011, 05:13 PM
The happies? No thank you. As I already said, if I didn't like my current set as much as I do, I would have already made an anti-happy group, with grumpy/depressing/angsty set.

:lmao
MH would turn into a messed up place.

Bugzee
October 15, 2011, 06:46 PM
:crying

No beer for you. :sbunny

Googlez_kun
October 15, 2011, 06:57 PM
:crying

No beer for you. :sbunny

Not a problem,I live in Germany:derp

Ustegius
October 16, 2011, 08:14 AM
And you can smuggle the beer to me from there :derp

AlB
October 18, 2011, 07:40 AM
Hail almighty Ustegius! How you doing? ;)

Ustegius
October 18, 2011, 07:45 AM
almighty :gigglebunny

Hi AlB! Long time no see. I'm fine, been busy with uni, but now relaxing and enjoying holidays. Gaming, catching up with tv-shows and anime, just chilling. Relaxing maybe bit too much, should read for an exam that is next monday, and I haven't even opened the book once.

How about you, how you've been doing?

AlB
October 18, 2011, 02:36 PM
fine, fine, repaired both my comps and am shitting myself from the logically consequential happiness :hurr

Same here, been following Game of thrones season 2 casting news like a maniac :amuse and picked up Deadman Wonderland couple of days ago. You heard about it? It has some reeeaal good characters... like Wretched Egg :eyeroll

duh, my uni has started as well. I am so damn fed up with studying I can't even express it. And all this educational process is so boring and repetitive that it drives me insane. :notrust And worst of it? I caaaaareeeee :bored:bored

Ustegius
October 18, 2011, 03:52 PM
Haha, same here. Checking wic.net like once an hour for updates :D

Deadman Wonderland is good. I'm bit behind though, there was a some hiatus or the chaps just weren't scanned or something and I just forgot it then. I were at the part were Ganta was about to fight the lion themed guy to save that brainwashed friend of his.

Work hard! :cheerbunny

I am having lots of fun in uni, doing just the thing I want to do. But I'm too lazy to read actual theory... I think it is good to know, but it is not the main thing as a film student...

Farfalla
October 18, 2011, 05:16 PM
"Ustegius- ( Smoker and non enviromentlist with one liners )"

D: WHAT?

Googlez_kun
October 18, 2011, 07:09 PM

Ustegius
October 18, 2011, 07:38 PM

Farfalla
October 19, 2011, 08:04 PM
[23:01:20] Mariana: god o.o if sonata writes about finnish girls
[23:01:28] Mariana: their names are weirder than i though xD
[23:01:33] Mariana: shamandalie? tallulah?

Discourse about it D:

Zeltrax
October 20, 2011, 05:39 AM
Should I be killed because I don't know who he is :worrybunny
Hai Uste, how r you?
What's your sig anyway?
What's an non-enviromentlist?
Why are you a non-enivronmentlist?
Why am I asking so many questions?

Ustegius
October 20, 2011, 06:04 AM
[23:01:20] Mariana: god o.o if sonata writes about finnish girls
[23:01:28] Mariana: their names are weirder than i though xD
[23:01:33] Mariana: shamandalie? tallulah?

Discourse about it D:

Naah, those aren't finnish names. Some fantasy names I guess. Finnish girl names are more simple. Like Maijketingräts or Hököttbullarså.

Should I be killed because I don't know who he is :worrybunny
Hai Uste, how r you?
What's your sig anyway?
What's an non-enviromentlist?
Why are you a non-enivronmentlist?
Why am I asking so many questions?

Hi Zel, I'm good, how about you?

My sig is from american comic by Jeff Smith called Bone. It is a comedical fantasy adventure and on of my all time favorites. In my sig the main character Fone Bone arrives to the Valley, the place were the story happens, for the first time.

I don't know. Something Charlie came up with. I guess non enviromentalist is person who doesn't care about enviroment, drives needlesly big cars, throws trash around and doesn't bother recycling. Which doesn't really describe me. I have ven voted for Greens...

You are asking so many questions because you are impressed by my charm :derp

AlB
October 20, 2011, 06:26 AM
Haha, same here. Checking wic.net like once an hour for updates :D

Deadman Wonderland is good. I'm bit behind though, there was a some hiatus or the chaps just weren't scanned or something and I just forgot it then. I were at the part were Ganta was about to fight the lion themed guy to save that brainwashed friend of his.

oh they have gone wa~ay beyond that.

Work hard! :cheerbunny

go to hell :yelling

I am having lots of fun in uni, doing just the thing I want to do. But I'm too lazy to read actual theory... I think it is good to know, but it is not the main thing as a film student...

oh wow man, that's cool. but what kind of film student? I mean, which one are you going to be: actor, director, etc?

and yes, I also try to do what I can in Uni, though finance student might find that a little harder to do than you might haha :D

Ustegius
October 20, 2011, 06:37 AM
Well, not sure yet. Behind the camera stuff yes, acting nonono. The first year is pretty general stuff, bit about everything, but on the latter half of second year we should start specializing to either screenwriting, cinematography, editing, producing, or sound and lighting design. At the moment I'm most interest in cinematography, editing and lighting.

Farfalla
October 20, 2011, 06:35 PM
"Like Maijketingräts or Hököttbullarså."

So serious Riku also makes jokes XD

Ustegius
October 21, 2011, 02:11 PM
I do? No way, I'm deadly serious all the time. :-_-

Farfalla
October 21, 2011, 07:39 PM
Only now I got what Shamandalie means @.@~

"Feelings I had were but sham and a lie?
I have never forgotten your smile
Your eyes, oh, Shamandalie"

XD

Ustegius
November 18, 2011, 01:05 PM
Only now I got what Shamandalie means @.@~

"Feelings I had were but sham and a lie?
I have never forgotten your smile
Your eyes, oh, Shamandalie"

XD

AHAA!

Hey all fellow HxH readers!

I decided to join Leorios team, and he asked me bring his campaing over to MH. So to show your support, wear the awesome promotive signature! Leo for the new Hunter Association chairman. The guy on the side of the regular hunter. Main themes - care for your friends and free health care for anyone.

http://i.imgur.com/x8pQs.jpg

I wish I were better at photoshopping...

kdowns
November 18, 2011, 01:12 PM
:thumbs

Kaiten
November 18, 2011, 08:20 PM
I totally fangasmed when Leorio showed up. I'll fangasm even louder when Kurapika comes back. I'm in: Leorio for chairman, Kurapika for vice-chairman.

Ustegius
November 19, 2011, 06:15 AM
Yeah, Leorio had one one hell of an re-entrance. And we know Kurapika won't handle losing to Leorio in any aspect, so we know when he arrives, it is gonna be epic. :nod

Kaiten
November 19, 2011, 09:16 AM
Just watch, Togashi will bring Kurapika back in the last chapter before going back on hiatus :derp

kdowns
November 19, 2011, 11:52 AM
Then again there hasn't been any mention of Togashi going back on hiatus soon :derp

riki
November 22, 2011, 11:30 PM
Would you like this (http://www.dorkly.com/picture/27508/game-of-thrones-cake) as your birthday cake? :hurr

blai
November 23, 2011, 05:21 AM
What's HxH? :oh

Ustegius
November 24, 2011, 12:56 PM
Would you like this (http://www.dorkly.com/picture/27508/game-of-thrones-cake) as your birthday cake? :hurr

No. I want it now! :zomg

What's HxH? :oh

:notrust

scav
November 25, 2011, 09:40 AM
i'm kinda disappointed with HxH. the hunter test, the tower, the spider, greed island. all those arcs were great. However the Ants arc, is kinda like bleach: too much trolling, too long and lot of nonsense. Lot of good characters are put aside, the ants (less interesting character) are too strong, and new Ants are introduced every fucking time, that become nonsense, it's a never ending and really boring arc, but what was too much was the transformation of Gon into some kind of big freak, and the big ant who always change his form and after that the king got killed in a huge explosion but he comeback to life, tell me what kind of trololol is that?
well i kinda dropped it. Got tired of Ants.

benelori
November 26, 2011, 08:27 AM
I liked the ants arc a lot...it just showed that Togashi was about to expand the universe a bit...the rise and then transformation of the ant characters as they regained some of their memories back was brilliant...

Gon became a big freak because of his Nen affinity...when I saw him grow up to be a giant like that, I knew he made a pledge with incredible costs...basically he reinforced himself to such a degree that he became like that...I'm still curious about the details of the pledge though...it seem to me that Gon sort of made the pledge without any possibility of succeeding...I dunno

And the king...he survived it, because he was a superior being...just below God...of course he would survive it, and even though the consequences were dire...but Togashi sort of hinted that even though nen is powerful, the inventions of men can be even more terrifying

Ustegius
November 26, 2011, 11:05 AM
Ant arc started badly. Not only because of the drawings, but the story telling too. The story suddenly jumped to a totally unexpected way and a lot of new über strong characters were pushed in very fast. But then it suddenly got good. Gons emotional staggering and Killua protectiveness was interesting, and then when the actual invasion to the mansion started, it got epic. King's character growth was amazingly well done, When he was introduced I wouldn't have cared less about the hax Cell wannabe, but at the end, he probaply is on my top 5 favorite characters in the series.

Scav, I really recommend checking the new arc, it is increibly good. Too early to say yet, but might shape out to be the best arc in the series.

scav
November 26, 2011, 12:26 PM
hum the new arc start precisely at what chapter? can u tell me how the Ant arc ended, so i won't have to read it till the end ( i've stopped when gon went Big and beat the crap out of the Ant, it still make nonsense to me that he became suddenly big like that).

Ustegius
November 26, 2011, 12:49 PM
I'll pm you to avoid spoiling anyone :nod

scav
November 26, 2011, 01:19 PM
ty :nod

riki
December 22, 2011, 04:27 PM
http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/88/22/ab62d2e9cc6d40daab1f88a584a0e052.jpg

---------- Post added December 22, 2011 at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was December 16, 2011 at 08:17 PM ----------

If you have the money, would you buy these swords (http://geeks.thedailywh.at/2011/12/20/game-of-thrones-swords-of-the-day/)?

Ustegius
December 22, 2011, 04:34 PM
Ooo, I knew Valyrian Steel has been selling the Needle replica, but didn't know of the others. I'd totally get one of each if I could afford. Especially Ice and Robert's Warhammer look badass. Though I don't think Ice is in real scale. :oh

xi0
December 22, 2011, 11:31 PM
That doesn't look like Ice to me...from the show anyways. It looked more like a giant claymore and the handle was wooden iirc

riki
December 30, 2011, 12:35 PM
Have you read the excerpt (http://georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html) from The Winds of Winter?

3c
January 01, 2012, 08:44 PM
Happy New Year, Ust o/ Hope it wasn't too cold at your place. In Norway we had +2 degrees and wet snowy weather :fail

Winter is coming

Ustegius
January 02, 2012, 06:58 AM
Have you read the excerpt (http://georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html) from The Winds of Winter?

Yup, it was awesome. :nod

Happy New Year, Ust o/ Hope it wasn't too cold at your place. In Norway we had +2 degrees and wet snowy weather :fail

Winter is coming

Happy New Year Nuno o/

Meh, not cold. This has been one joke of a winter. It was like -2 and hardly any snow at all.

3c
January 02, 2012, 02:15 PM
We had some decent snow fall mid-November, but of course that's way too early for the snow to really stick around. At this point I'm actually a little worried about the winter in the lowlands..

Evil3ye
January 06, 2012, 10:26 AM
http://cs11505.vkontakte.ru/u117820086/149534153/x_c234d913.jpg

riki
February 15, 2012, 06:02 PM
You should send out these cards (http://www.dorkly.com/picture/32160/game-of-thrones-valentines-cards) for Valentine next year. :nod

goldb
February 17, 2012, 03:33 AM
They're awesome; I can't even choose a favourite :lmao

Farfalla
February 17, 2012, 04:34 AM
My bf actually sent me that link *-* So cool.

Ustegius
February 17, 2012, 12:21 PM
Hodor, hodorhodor!

Farfalla
February 17, 2012, 03:24 PM
I love you too, Ust :3

Ustegius
February 17, 2012, 03:31 PM
Hodor! :hug

Farfalla
February 17, 2012, 03:33 PM
Uh, awesome sig O.O

Ustegius
February 17, 2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks. I couldn't find a fitting better avatar, but I think this is pretty cool. I'll make a new one if I find anything. :amuse

goldb
February 17, 2012, 03:41 PM
Awesome set Ust! :thumbs

Braces hurry! I wanna share King Robert's girth with everyone :nod

Farfalla
February 17, 2012, 04:04 PM
JAQEN *-*
Oh God, Jaqen is so awesome T.T
Love the avy as well XD

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Booooooooob Ç.Ç I told ya my notebook is dead!
Tommow I'll be at my parent's home, then I can use my sis' laptop, ok?
My working computer doesn't have Photoshop D: Her comp has xD

goldb
February 17, 2012, 04:19 PM
No you didn't tell me that! :yelling but ok, I forgive you then....

xi0
February 17, 2012, 10:48 PM
A girl should be bloody too. This is her work

Ancy
February 27, 2012, 06:50 AM
I've read you like Irish coffee :hurr

http://img3.visualizeus.com/thumbs/08/12/05/coffee,drink,funny,stupid-74a3b04693918929f48fb20a776d02e9_i.jpg

So which stupid fast and with more energy things have you been doing lately?? :hurr

Farfalla
February 27, 2012, 07:03 AM
He's prolly drunk with a camera somewhere xD

Ustegius
February 27, 2012, 07:36 AM
He's prolly drunk with a camera somewhere xD

Quite close.

I've read you like Irish coffee :hurr

http://img3.visualizeus.com/thumbs/08/12/05/coffee,drink,funny,stupid-74a3b04693918929f48fb20a776d02e9_i.jpg

So which stupid fast and with more energy things have you been doing lately?? :hurr

Whickey=win, coffee=win-> Irish Coffee= Lot of Win :hurr

I've been just chilling a few days. Did my fair share of stupid things last thursday though in our short films wrap-up party. :paperbag

Now I'm thinking what should I do during the holidays... we have a week off :woo

Farfalla
February 27, 2012, 07:47 AM
Go cross the Wall *-*

Ancy
February 27, 2012, 08:38 AM
which wall?? :cookiestare

Teubier
February 27, 2012, 08:45 AM
Go cross the Wall *-*
Oh, the shame, the shame...

Farfalla
February 27, 2012, 08:48 AM
Not the shame one!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QEA4awpNXxI/Tudy5Rg9_TI/AAAAAAAABXs/AXBFAqIsPto/s1600/the-wall-elevator-game-of-thrones-lord-snow-01.png

Ustegius
February 27, 2012, 10:11 AM
Man, The Wall is just so epic every single time I see the damn thing. *-*

xi0
February 27, 2012, 10:18 AM
The night is dark and full of terrors

Ustegius
February 27, 2012, 10:53 AM
But R'hllor shall guide us thorough the darkness. If we burn someone alive. Suggestions? Volunteers? :derp

xi0
February 27, 2012, 11:05 AM
Who has royal blood :shifty

Farfalla
February 27, 2012, 12:07 PM
Now I'm glad I'm just a dothraki @.@

benelori
February 27, 2012, 12:10 PM
Who has royal blood :shifty

Who is on the top of our hierarchy:cookiehand

Farfalla
February 27, 2012, 12:10 PM
Targeryans were represented by red indeed O:

xi0
February 27, 2012, 01:23 PM
Who is on the top of our hierarchy:cookiehand

Taylor :ohaielmo

Gats
February 27, 2012, 01:49 PM
The title brought me here.

Sometimes it's hard to decipher the future through fire. So, among the red, I believe Gary is the hairy one, it should help the fire to last longer. :derp