PDA

View Full Version : Official Tartarus Thread

kkck
January 29, 2011, 05:43 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread about tartarus. As we know it is one of the 3 pillars of the balam alliance and based on the direction the manga has taken a future enemy of Fairy Tail. What do you think their goals might be? Just post any theories or thoughts.

One of the reasons I decided to start this threat was because I had a theory of my own based on what we have seen in the past few chapters.

Recently we saw zancrow and his magic, the god slayer. If his magic is anything like that of a dragon slayer then what we have is that zancrow's magic allows him to take the power and constitution of a God in fairy-verse. The important thing about this is whether there are creatures in fairy tail which at some point in time had been called gods whose constitution and power zancrow could replicate through his magic in the same way dragon slayers imitate dragons.

Now, the second aspect of my theory is about what tartarus means. In greek mythology tartarus was a place beneath the underworld. It was there where the Olympians sealed the titans and a number of other creatures which were a threat to them. Basically, tartarus was a prison for the enemies of the gods for the most part.

Now, if the name tartarus has any merit then I think I have a good theory. What if the creatures whose power zancrow is replicating (gods) are actually sealed and tartarus seeks to release them?

So far things in fairy tail are for the most part connected through history. We know for a fact that nirvana (oracion 6 arc) had a good run through the exact same period when zeref went berserk in the past. Considering that, it would make sense for nirvana to be heavily connected to zeref himself. The current dark arc which deals with grimmoire heart deals with the actual zeref, who according to hades is heavily connected to the very origin and essence of magic. The tartarus arc could deal with how these supposed gods are related to what happened in that time period (400 years ago) and how they were sealed or defeated.

swordsaintscoot
January 30, 2011, 02:44 AM
I predict that Mashima will do the most unpredictable thing and not include them in anything at all.

LoS
January 30, 2011, 03:05 AM
This is something I posted 3 months ago. Pretty cool how Hades/Grimoire Heart did indeed have a connection with Zeref.

I can also see why Grimoire Heart was introduced before Tartaros now, it all fits too well with mythology. "Tartarus is a place far below the earth, as far below Hades as Heaven is above the earth." Hades being the master of Grimoire Heart, and Tartaros is a place immersed in even more darkness than Hades. "Tartarus is also the unbounded first-existing entity from which the Light and the cosmos are born." This either points to it being the oldest or the largest/strongest. Which means save the best for last.

Also fitting with mythology is how Grimoire Heart is the dark guild seeking Zeref. "create magical objects like talismans and amulets... summon or invoke supernatural entities such as angels, spirits, and demons." We all know Hades has been trying to gather all the keys(amulets/talismans) to control Zeref. now if that doesn't sound like someone connected to Zeref then I don't know what does.

peleihno
January 30, 2011, 05:33 PM
Though we know nothing about them, they should be an interesting group.
But isn't Tartaros?

Lord.Strife
January 30, 2011, 05:56 PM
Well we have Tartarus and raven tail to deal with in the manga as well as that black dragon so fairy tail has a long way to go yet. I look forward to see the power of tartarus

1337 haxor
January 30, 2011, 07:06 PM
It's too early to tell, there haven't been the slightest indication of who they are and what they are up to.

One thing that mind sound interesting tough is how come Purehito became Hades in the first place.

It could be that Tartarus is the oldest of the three corners of the Balam Alliance, a theory suported by the fact that both GH and OS were founded rather recently (50 years at best given Purehito's departure and the relative youth of the 7 kin).

Maybe Purehito came in contact with Tartarus in his quest to discover the essence of magic and there he learned the whole deal about Zeref and darkness.

Another thing to consider is that the titans were trapped into Tartarus to put an end to their age and the darkness brought by the war against the gods.

Essentially they are the remains of a once destroyed world as in "Before Zeref" and "After Zeref".

My bet is that Tartarus is led by Dragon Slayers who sided with Zeref in the past and unlike Natsu, Gazille and Wendy who lost their powers and regressed to babies those evil DS remained all powerful and pose a serious threat to the world.

It might be that they are just manipulating Hades into getting the job done while they themselves have some sort of issue like their powers being downed while Zeref is sleeping.

If Grimmoire Heart doesn't defeat FT here and now chances are likely that Tartaros will kick in and take the prize while everyone is wasted.

peleihno
January 31, 2011, 05:08 PM
I doubt that a man like Hades is being manipulated, he isn't that punk Jellal(sorry fanboys). Hades/Purehito is going with their own plan and course of action. It's likely none of the Balam Alliance have a common goal in mind, we know their "alliance" is nothing more than a non-aggression pact. I don't think we will see Tartaros in action for a while, they may not go swoop in like the other two. Whatever their goal is, it's likely not like GH or OS.

Grimoire Heart is likely to defeat FT here, does not by an means hint that Tartoros will come screw with FT. Hades is a different type of villain, much better than the previous ones, this is evident from his view of "good and evil". So makes you wondeer what the master of Tartaros is like. But as someone said, we know little to nothing on this guild- it's all speculation on our part.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 05, 2011, 09:42 AM
It would be really interesting to see Tartarus in action, though I really doubt that we'll see them soon. I like the theories of them being Dragonslayers or Titans. Even the last may be even more interesting, cause it opens entirely new class of magic.:)
I hope they will be a small size guild that will have not more than ten or 15 members and they will be damn strong. Also I hope that they will be the strongest guild of Ballam Allience.
Hope they will show after the arc with Raven Tail.

luffyg2
February 11, 2011, 11:45 PM
I can't wait to see get in the picture and see how strong they are but i'm actualy way more intersted in Raven Tail and I want to see them in a all out vs Fairy Tail this should be intersting

Jorge D. Dragon
February 17, 2011, 09:00 AM
Actually I think Raven Tail is weaker than Grimmore Heart and also weaker than Tartarus and I hope we'll see Raven Tail after this arc.:) I see the posibility of GH actually getting out with Zeref and having some time to carry out their plan, meanwhile FT can take out Raven Tail and then will handle GH and only after that involve with Tartarus. I hope they are extremly strong.:)

wexorian
February 21, 2011, 04:30 PM
Decarased "titans" it could resolve all questions about Dragosnlayer age remember 80+ year old cannot leave barier, also how heck zeref know natsu, or what role got dragons in whole story, there was hints that Dragons aware about zeref maybe he was 1st dragonslayer, But this will go faar away If GH will be defeated here Then Tatarus is indeed "tartarus" old gods or what ever are they, Maybe Black dragon is Tartarus Guild member and that's why he's bersek and he's not with other dragons. So GH fail = Tartarus Is sooo strong that even dragons could nto stop them, Raven tail is strong Because if they were nto strong enough then even makarov would have rushed to destroy it alone.

kangclaw
February 27, 2011, 07:45 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread about tartarus. As we know it is one of the 3 pillars of the balam alliance and based on the direction the manga has taken a future enemy of Fairy Tail. What do you think their goals might be? Just post any theories or thoughts.

One of the reasons I decided to start this threat was because I had a theory of my own based on what we have seen in the past few chapters.

Recently we saw zancrow and his magic, the god slayer. If his magic is anything like that of a dragon slayer then what we have is that zancrow's magic allows him to take the power and constitution of a God in fairy-verse. The important thing about this is whether there are creatures in fairy tail which at some point in time had been called gods whose constitution and power zancrow could replicate through his magic in the same way dragon slayers imitate dragons.

Now, the second aspect of my theory is about what tartarus means. In greek mythology tartarus was a place beneath the underworld. It was there where the Olympians sealed the titans and a number of other creatures which were a threat to them. Basically, tartarus was a prison for the enemies of the gods for the most part.

Now, if the name tartarus has any merit then I think I have a good theory. What if the creatures whose power zancrow is replicating (gods) are actually sealed and tartarus seeks to release them?

So far things in fairy tail are for the most part connected through history. We know for a fact that nirvana (oracion 6 arc) had a good run through the exact same period when zeref went berserk in the past. Considering that, it would make sense for nirvana to be heavily connected to zeref himself. The current dark arc which deals with grimmoire heart deals with the actual zeref, who according to hades is heavily connected to the very origin and essence of magic. The tartarus arc could deal with how these supposed gods are related to what happened in that time period (400 years ago) and how they were sealed or defeated.

The manga has recently expanded and hinted at the existence of very powerful beings other than Dragons...

I like your theory, I hope they mages or beings of Tartarus are insanely powerful.

Maybe there were mages in the past who acquired so much power that they became immortals?

kakashidad
February 28, 2011, 08:09 AM
@kkck and loS and anyone else...
This is a very nice thread,I've not got alot to say.But to add to your theory or maybe your a question to you all.It's been said that all the dragons of the slayers present went missing on the very same day containing all the 7's?

Now with KKCK and it looks like loS making the connection between tartanrus and a PRISON...could it be that the very same dragons that are missing ogneel grandine and the other one gazille one.Are in fact imprisoned there?Oh and maybe Zancrow power of ''god slayer'' magic had actually beat one of those from that guild..Tartarus...That's all really

Uriel
February 28, 2011, 12:05 PM
I can bet Raven Tail is stronger than every other dark guild. And I also predict that we will have to wait many arcs to see Tartaros.

More than the history of it, I'm more interested on the magic of their crew. Grimoire Heart is becoming quickly disappointing. The onyl magic that is interesting is Arc of Embodiment and Arc of Time. The rest are pure meh.

I hope Tartaros brings real obscure magic.

White Silver King
March 01, 2011, 06:45 PM
I thought we'd see FT lose to GH here since they're the strongest dark guild (I'm sticking to my belief that it was Levy saying that and not the bird) and then they'd face off against Tartarus in the next arc since they aren't as strong as GH. But I was an idiot to think that would happen because that would involve FT losing which is of course against the laws of nature.

LoS
March 07, 2011, 06:10 AM
since they're the strongest dark guild (I'm sticking to my belief that it was Levy saying that and not the bird)

Sigh, it doesn't matter what Levy says. No one knows shit about them. Heck, the council themselves mentioned how GH is nearly impossible to know anything about since they have a flying guild. Also, its a form of expression, don't give me the lame excuse that since Levy is booksmart and generally considered knowledgeable she would have a clue.

To support Levy not knowing in detail the levels of obscure dark guilds, how would someone who isn't even an S class mage know specifics? It's not like she knew Hades was the ex FT master, nor he went to the depths of the world to obtain some hax magic. She didn't know there were 7 mages whom each had the ability to use lost magic.

What does she know about Tartarus, or Raven Tail to build a comparison? Does she know anything about their hierarchy?

Its pretty foolhardy to bank on supposition by Levy when all that panel was meant to provide was a form of expression.

and then they'd face off against Tartarus in the next arc since they aren't as strong as GH.

No one knows this, pure speculation in power levels.

But I was an idiot to think that would happen because that would involve FT losing which is of course against the laws of nature.

And yes, it is a shame it must come to that.

p.s.
since none of the above has anything to do with theorizing about Tartarus then feel free to move it to a dark guild's supposition/speculation thread or something.

White Silver King
March 07, 2011, 06:19 PM
Sigh, it doesn't matter what Levy says. No one knows shit about them.
Because mangka waste their precious page space with useless gibber-gab that's completely false like every chapter just for the heck of it. Yeah, that sounds much more likely....:notrust

No one knows this, pure speculation in power levels.
Oh, wait a minute. Is this not a forum that's used for discussion and speculation of manga? Sorry, my bad :worship

And since this has to do with the power levels of Tartarus, I think it fits just fine right here. But if you'd like to post a dark guilds speculation thread thats A-OK with me.

ibi
March 12, 2011, 02:53 PM
what if tarturus is a guild where the main bosses/captains or what ever they are called, have the ability to draw the power of the titans, At the moment i think fairy tail will be beat grimmoire heart somehow, but zeref will escape. and it is only when zeref completely reawakens and delibrately awekens the titans does tarturus gain its full power and become one of the last opponents fairy tail will have.

White Silver King
March 13, 2011, 10:16 PM
Well, many of the Titans powers have already been seen. Oceanus (water), Prometheus (fire), Cronos (time), Ouranos (sky), Gaia (earth), and Asteria (prophecy) have all have their powers shown in the series (though they weren't directly from them, they'd be quite similar).

LoS
March 13, 2011, 11:11 PM
Hence why the "God" flames opened a can of worms, if there are God level, then why not Titan level for the above attributes.