PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 221 Discussion/ 222 Predictions

ghostexiled
January 29, 2011, 05:46 PM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current translation here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/221/)

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/85264990/1

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

zidane
February 05, 2011, 07:16 PM
There you go:

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/85264990/1

Mizaky
February 05, 2011, 07:22 PM
This chapter.. was... awesome.

Well, if that guy who Evergreen/Elfman were fighting is a summoner like Lucy, any chance the goat is his summon too? Just a thought.
We still haven't seen anything from Meldy. Shame, wanted to see her fight ;(

ghostexiled
February 05, 2011, 07:30 PM
As I expected... GH would not move on Zeref without having an ability to stand against him.

Although, I did not expect Ultear to go from being a nervous wreck to a Zeref owning machine...

Glad that Mashima also addressed the issue with Evergreen's eye ability.

I don't believe Rusty Rose is the same as Lucy... I believe he is a different type of summoner much like Zancrow was a different type of Slayer.

Good to see that Natsu was more messed up from the his fight than a lot of people on here were giving credit for...

Zatono
February 05, 2011, 07:31 PM
Oh gimme a break. Zeref LOST? After I saw that thing overcome Urtear in the beginning of the chapter I thought we'd see her, completely owned at the end. Instead he got owned instead? Now that's annoying.

I get the feeling that this "key" will cause some crazy personality to come out...if only he could fully control his power while being good. So much for that badass panel in the last chapter.

Kravmaga
February 05, 2011, 07:32 PM
Interesting bit was that the 7 kin actually admitted that their powers have a huge drawback and that getting Zeref on their side would somehow "save" them... That opens the possibility of TKOs and maybe even retreats in later fights, which I guess would be one way of closing the arc without upsetting the international council of powerlevel monitoring...

jorped
February 05, 2011, 07:38 PM
nice chapter , as already some said i was expecting to see zeref losing even in his current state, he seems to be a good guy in is current state , he doesnt want to kill and wants GH to leave, but that is not going to happen that easily and GH are going to be real threat, not seeing much chance for the fairies, but i am hoping to see luxus again :) and also i would love if we could have saw gildartz fighting serious :(

tobeulp
February 05, 2011, 07:38 PM
LOL funny and interesting chapter funny how Zeref lost after his epic Angry face but interesting because Ultear is the eldest of the 7 kins... I am intrigued how the Muffler can effect the Healing of Wendy to Natsu... Overall great chapter but many will probably will don't like this chapter because Zeref lost ^^

ghostexiled
February 05, 2011, 07:47 PM
Well it was already hinted that Zeref was very inexperienced with using his powers... so it should not really come to any surprise that he was owned by one of the most powerful villains that has been introduced to FT.

The only thing that shocked me was the ability to put him down so quickly... but after thinking it over, it would be foolish for GH to try to grab him without having faith in being able to subdue him quickly... especially if they knew they would have any opposition from FT.

White Silver King
February 05, 2011, 07:48 PM
A great chapter! Ultear is was epic pwnage awesomesauce! Rusty's power is a little confusing because he is obviously some type of summoner but was also able to turn his hand into something similar to that of his summon. Odd, but pretty freakin cool. And 2 FT members got owned so that's a plus. Melody looked bad ass this chapter. And, most importantly, Natsu is seriously injured. While it isn't a total defeat, it's better than nothing.

I wonder if being the eldest Kin also means she is the strongest. It'd make sense, especially with the fact that she could beat Zeref (even in his sleeping state that's impressive) and that she is Ur's daughter. And some people were saying Ultear was super weak...

jorped
February 05, 2011, 07:50 PM
LOL funny and interesting chapter funny how Zeref lost after his epic Angry face but interesting because Ultear is the eldest of the 7 kins... I am intrigued how the Muffler can effect the Healing of Wendy to Natsu... Overall great chapter but many will probably will don't like this chapter because Zeref lost ^^

i dont see any problem for him to loose cuz in his current state he is much weaker than in is normal state and by that i cant think that it is impossible to see Ultear winning the fight , she is very powerfull if she couldnt take him now i dont think it would be possible to anyone ever defeat him when he gets to his normal state

GOLD.
February 05, 2011, 07:53 PM
very good chapter!
I want to find out who/what hurt Natsu...was is eating the black flames? or did somebody else do it?
Zeref was angry, but he didnt seem like he wanted to KILL anybody...and the dark pulse that turned Natsu's muffler black could hurt Ultear

1337 haxor
February 05, 2011, 07:55 PM
Not a bad chapter but why the hell did they skip Ultear vs Zeref.

I mean, something is seriously amiss here, she was crumbling to her knees and next time she appears we got WFTBOOM and she defeated Zeref.

However, we must also realize Zeref is not aiming to kill Ultear there so chances are she noticed that and went all out when he faltered.

Or it could be that he lashed out a death prey but she had an ability to reflect it back.

-Ken-
February 05, 2011, 07:55 PM
Zeref lost? So much for the hyped last chapter. It's actually quite disappointing.

That said, Rustyrose look interesting enough. Nice chapter, nonetheless.

Also, is it possible that the black muffler block off the possibility of releasing the entire dragon slayer power? It'll make more sense to me that way to it must be Natsu and not Zancrow that'll slay Zeref.

jorped
February 05, 2011, 08:00 PM
Not a bad chapter but why the hell did they skip Ultear vs Zeref.

I mean, something is seriously amiss here, she was crumbling to her knees and next time she appears we got WFTBOOM and she defeated Zeref.

However, we must also realize Zeref is not aiming to kill Ultear there so chances are she noticed that and went all out when he faltered.

Or it could be that he lashed out a death prey but she had an ability to reflect it back.

i think is not a big deal mashima hasnt show to us the fight between Zeref and Urtear , we will have plenty of time to see their skills

3c
February 05, 2011, 08:00 PM
I thought it was pretty lame that Ultear owned Zeref like that, after he went all badass "I'm ANGRY" and her seemingly looking like she got owned Natsu vs Gildartz style. Zeref should have needed Hades' attention, and Hades should have taken him down easily this time, instead he got owned by a girl, strong or not, that was highly anti-climatic.

The chapter's ending left me dissapointed and ruined the otherwise good chapter.

ghostexiled
February 05, 2011, 08:04 PM
well given that it was a bit of a curve ball to us that she owned Zeref so hard...

I think that if the battle was to have been drawn out and we were to see any abilities from both of them... it would later on take away from any battles that Ultear would get into.

GH needed to be able to stand on their own feet without needing Hades, just to show us that they are something more than an average Dark Guild that FT would fight.

This arc/battle has been giving us the idea that GH is bigger and badder than FT (atm) and Ultear just reinforced that idea... to me anyway.

Battles may not go down like some of us want them to, but non the less... FT will lose this first encounter with GH.

GOLD.
February 05, 2011, 08:05 PM
i think is not a big deal mashima hasnt show to us the fight between Zeref and Urtear , we will have plenty of time to see their skills
i hope we do, and i want to see how ultear deals with his death pray...or perhaps she cant...

jorped
February 05, 2011, 08:06 PM
i kinda liked the end cuz i wasnt expecting, i thought urtear would be defeated but we have to understand that this GH are very strong , if they couldnt beat zeref in this state , i dont see how would be possible to beat zeref when he he returns to his normal state. not counting with hades urtear must be the most powerfull and for that i can understand perfectly this

White Silver King
February 05, 2011, 08:09 PM
People are sooooo disappointed Zeref got defeated by someone he "shouldn't have been beaten by" after he was mega-hyped up and given an awesome panel. But when the same thing happens with Zancrow and Natsu, no one gives a crap and actually think it's awesome. Interesting...

i hope we do, and i want to see how ultear deals with his death pray...or perhaps she cant...o

She can probably avoid it by using her Arc of Time. I'm sure she does it another way, but she could age the ground so it crumbles and then speed up the time of a chunk and ride it around like she does with her orb (moving it, not riding it). It's probably not how it happens but I guess it's a possibility.

MonsterEnvy
February 05, 2011, 08:16 PM
well Natsu is knocked out while Zancrow is still consious so its a draw they will have a rematch in the future

White Silver King
February 05, 2011, 08:18 PM
^Yeah, but that's gonna be Natsu's "this is how much my love for my nakama has allowed me to grow" fight where he epic owns Zancrow. Unless, the fight again and Zancrow is the clear winner and then they fight again and Natsu wins. But that's very drawn out and not really Mashima's style.

bittman
February 05, 2011, 08:31 PM
Am I the only one happy Urtear beat Zeref with ease? As mentioned, he was in his slumbering state, we're only talking about the shadow of the greatest mage ever. And Urtear seemed to say that she was the most powerful of the 7 kin, and even then took discernable damage.

With Zeref subdued, there's a good chance this arc might wrap up sort of quickly. Too much of Fairy Tail is down already, but I expect some work from Meldy and Caprico to occur before any sort of leave/retreat.

And because Natsu is Natsu, he should turn up to do something before this arc ends. Even if it somehow ends with Fairy Tail losing (which would be a first), Natsu always gets two fights. It's just what he does.

P.S. Still waiting for Glidhartz to turn up. Mashima didnt bring him back just to make Natsu cry like a wimp at a time like this.

MonsterEnvy
February 05, 2011, 08:34 PM
Am I the only one happy Urtear beat Zeref with ease? As mentioned, he was in his slumbering state, we're only talking about the shadow of the greatest mage ever. And Urtear seemed to say that she was the most powerful of the 7 kin, and even then took discernable damage.

With Zeref subdued, there's a good chance this arc might wrap up sort of quickly. Too much of Fairy Tail is down already, but I expect some work from Meldy and Caprico to occur before any sort of leave/retreat.

And because Natsu is Natsu, he should turn up to do something before this arc ends. Even if it somehow ends with Fairy Tail losing (which would be a first), Natsu always gets two fights. It's just what he does.

P.S. Still waiting for Glidhartz to turn up. Mashima didnt bring him back just to make Natsu cry like a wimp at a time like this.

Natsu did get two fights Gildartz and Zancrow

Bowser
February 05, 2011, 08:35 PM
Zeref LOST...OFFSCREEN?! WHATTT?!

Oh well. THIS IS WHERE LAXUS/GILDARTZ SHOULD COME BACK AND WTFPWN DA BADDIES!!!!

tobeulp
February 05, 2011, 08:38 PM
If Laxus/Gildartz comeback then pawn everyone then that is pure BS..

mr.danly
February 05, 2011, 08:42 PM
two words. bull. s**t. I have never been so disappointed, Zeref gets pwned OFFSCREEN after that badass buildup? I don't care how strong the seven kin are, or about the fact that Zeref is "sleeping," but Urtear seemed to be peeing herself just by his magical presence, how does she beat him? no. just... no.

jorped
February 05, 2011, 08:45 PM

cant agree more with you and i also want to see giildartz and also laxus but dont think that FT is going to be enought to stop GH even with those 2. at least not seeing how they can stop hades , comon that guy defeated makarov so easily :(

Krono
February 05, 2011, 08:55 PM
well given that it was a bit of a curve ball to us that she owned Zeref so hard...

I think that if the battle was to have been drawn out and we were to see any abilities from both of them... it would later on take away from any battles that Ultear would get into.

GH needed to be able to stand on their own feet without needing Hades, just to show us that they are something more than an average Dark Guild that FT would fight.

This arc/battle has been giving us the idea that GH is bigger and badder than FT (atm) and Ultear just reinforced that idea... to me anyway.

Battles may not go down like some of us want them to, but non the less... FT will lose this first encounter with GH.

The funny thing is that for all of people's complaining a couple of chapters ago when Natsu defeated Zancrow, the 7 kin are doing largely what people wanted at the start - defeating Fairy Tail. Caprico is matching Gray, Kana, Lucy, and Loki. Azuma was fighting evenly with Mirajane before she lost to a time limit, and now Rustyrose is smacking around Elfman and Evergreen without much difficulty.

Anyways, we did not see the Zeref vs Urtear fight because both of those will be fighting Fairy Tail at some point. It's entirely possible for them to end up being the last two bosses in the series. Showing their fight would give away their abilities to the reader.

White Silver King
February 05, 2011, 08:56 PM
Am I the only one happy Urtear beat Zeref with ease?
*Raises hand*

two words. bull. s**t. I have never been so disappointed... Urtear seemed to be peeing herself just by his magical presence, how does she beat him? no. just... no.
Disappointing when a character who is/should be very intimidated suddenly turns around and whoops their seemingly uber-powerful enemy for no reason, isn't it?

miramira
February 05, 2011, 08:58 PM
They totally skipped Mirajane and Lisanna!!! *Not that I didn't expect it...my friend totally predicted that 221 will be focused on the 7 kins and we won't see what happens to Mira and Lisanna anytime soon.* Poof. Well, here goes another week of waiting! :'(

-

I must say, it was disappointing that Zeref and Urtear's fight wasn't shown. After all the hype w/ Zeref's "I'm angry"... all we see is him losing to Urtear. x.x

Elfman and Evergreen's part for this chapter looked good. They managed to show Evergreen's magic's weakness, and yet I'm starting to think these two could make a good fighting tandem.

Natsu's down, which was good imo. He's been having a LOT of powerups lately for my liking. I hope he'd get a rest for a while. I'm sure they'd make him do some heroistic entrance again later on. :eyeroll (PS- I really do find you adorable Natsu. I'm just not fond of too many unexplainable powerups.)

At last they made it a bit clearer now what GH want from Zeref. I guess FT mages will fight more vigorously now that they know what evil is being planned.

I keep getting excited seeing that Erza and Juvia are facing the same opponent. I hope they'll have some sort of combo! Both fighters are really good. It's interesting to know what they can do together.

As for Lisanna... well, overall I would like to see Lisanna improve, but I wouldn't want to see that as early as next time we see her. I mean, I don't want her to suddenly go demonic (or have a sudden power surge of sort) and pwn Azuma like Mirajane did to Fried when she thought Elfman could die. It would be so...unreal.

-

When I first saw Charle's vision, I thought it was Makarov's hand. haha. But people are saying it's a feminine hand. I really don't want to accept yet that it's Mira. I guess it is about time FT would take some real loss on their side... but I really can't imagine FT without Mira.

I mean whew, she's been there from the start. She's always the one explaining things to Lucy. We haven't seen much of her fights, and some of FT's major battles she didn't take part at all (like in the Tower and in Edoras) but even so she's always been one to welcome the team back. She has good leadership skills too, in Phantom arc we saw how she and Cana could take over leading the other FT mages while Team Natsu is busy fighting.

I was also hoping to see her fight more often. I mean hey, she actually said herself she still has a lot to learn when it comes to fighting. (she said to Erza after being beat by Elfman and Evergreen..). I had high hopes of seeing Demon Mira in more awesome fights.

But then this is death we're talking about. Death usually comes unexpectedly, and it hurt more that way. If that's what Mashima is trying to achieve when he decides someone would die, then he'd achieve that with Mira. The more unexpected, the more hopes are there to be shattered, the more a presence will be missed, the more "effective" a character death will be.

If Mira really did die. I'm still crossing my fingers hoping she did not!

White Silver King
February 05, 2011, 09:04 PM
When I first saw Charle's vision, I thought it was Makarov's hand. haha. But people are saying it's a feminine hand. I really don't want to accept yet that it's Mira. I guess it is about time FT would take some real loss on their side... but I really can't imagine FT without Mira.

I really hope it's not Mira. I might stop reading the manga is she dies (not out of anger, out of sadness/disappointment). I'm hoping it's a nobody, or Levi, or Laxus.

mashimashilove
February 05, 2011, 09:15 PM
i dunno if this idea has already been thrown out, because i got tired of reading (/fail) but i didn't really see it as urtear being scared of zeref when he was like, 'gtfo the island, im mad'. i saw the look on her face as more of, 'wtf why is the master of all evil acting like this, now i've snapped!' heheh, maybe it was just me who saw it like that. eh eh.

rustyrose has me so torn. to me, he was the most cool looking of the kin, and i was hoping his magic would be something super awesome. i like the summoning ability, but i hope he can summon more than one guardian beast. that'd be cool. otherwise, i'm disappointed by his magic. but i'm loving his crazy. <3

i'm at least happy it had nothing to do with plants or rust. names that just so happen to be the ability as well make me say: bleeeh.

Sevenheadedmirror
February 05, 2011, 09:16 PM
Why don't we get the villains kicking the heroes ass? why is it censored? No for real. I mean why didn't we see Ultrear kick Zeref's ass or why didn't we saw how a little girl handled both Lluiva and Scarlet or how did Caprico did with three different opponents. I know at least we saw how the summoner beat Elfman and the glasses girl (which by the way reminds I have to congratulate someone who about 4 chapters ago predicted her powers wouldn't work in other characters with glasses; impressive, seriously). I may be looking now as an impossible to make happy reader, since I like when villains win but it's also a game of execution.

The feeling of losing, of impotence, can be perfectly gained in the next chapter but as for this one I was just surprised and dissapointed that I didn't get to see how Ultrear kicked Zeref's ass.

I hope Zancrow makes a come back. I hope Makarov dies. I know it's totally imposible but may be while the villains are escaping Hades desires to destroy the island and Makarov sacrifices himself. Or may be his healing is simply impossible and will die, it's just his last words that will be seen... I can keep on going but I know, you know, I know it won't happen. Why?, seriously, why didn't he die?, it was a perfect Azuma, Hokage, Jiraya like death.

tobeulp
February 05, 2011, 09:26 PM
I think Ultear is crying not because of like with the case of Natsu/Gildartz where Natsu cry because of pressure but Ultear is crying because he is searching all over for Zeref for long years..

Krono
February 05, 2011, 09:27 PM
Why don't we get the villains kicking the heroes ass? why is it censored? No for real. I mean why didn't we see Ultrear kick Zeref's ass or why didn't we saw how a little girl handled both Lluiva and Scarlet

Because she hasn't as far as we can tell. Unlike the rather beaten up Urtear and Zeref, Neither Juvia, nor Erza, nor Meledy has a mark on them. As far as we know, they've been in a stand off the whole time.

Askia32
February 05, 2011, 09:32 PM
I thought it was pretty lame that Ultear owned Zeref like that, after he went all badass "I'm ANGRY" and her seemingly looking like she got owned Natsu vs Gildartz style. Zeref should have needed Hades' attention, and Hades should have taken him down easily this time, instead he got owned by a girl, strong or not, that was highly anti-climatic.

The chapter's ending left me disappointed and ruined the otherwise good chapter.

It did feel a lil anti-climatic. "Don't make me angry!!! I'm ANGRY!!!!", and he gets owned. You don't give all this hype to a character since the beginning of the series, than we finally see him and he gets owned by some emo chick.

Sevenheadedmirror
February 05, 2011, 09:34 PM
It did feel a lil anti-climatic. "Don't make me angry!!! I'm ANGRY!!!!", and he gets owned. You don't give all this hype to a character since the beginning of the series, than we finally see him and he gets owned by some emo chick.AND if you do. You let us see how she kicks his ass!. My point exactly :tem

swordsaintscoot
February 05, 2011, 09:35 PM
I'm getting really annoyed reading all of these (imo) misinterpretations of Ultears actions and reactions. she wasn't 'peeing' herself over his mere presence in a way that was fear, it was that anxious, nervous wreck people become when they see their ray of hope for something they've been waiting on for a long time.

and ultear on her knees was just part of that reaction, she was respecting her dark king. she was on her knees BEFORE zeref even tried to release his powers to intimidate her, that small detail is important because it just made her look like she was overwhelmed. if she was standing up, merely standing up when he tried to scare her, everyone would be thinking something different right now.

miramira
February 05, 2011, 09:40 PM
Why don't we get the villains kicking the heroes ass? why is it censored? No for real. I mean why didn't we see Ultrear kick Zeref's ass or why didn't we saw how a little girl handled both Lluiva and Scarlet or how did Caprico did with three different opponents. I know at least we saw how the summoner beat Elfman and the glasses girl (which by the way reminds I have to congratulate someone who about 4 chapters ago predicted her powers wouldn't work in other characters with glasses; impressive, seriously). I may be looking now as an impossible to make happy reader, since I like when villains win but it's also a game of execution.

The feeling of losing, of impotence, can be perfectly gained in the next chapter but as for this one I was just surprised and dissapointed that I didn't get to see how Ultrear kicked Zeref's ass.

I hope Zancrow makes a come back. I hope Makarov dies. I know it's totally imposible but may be while the villains are escaping Hades desires to destroy the island and Makarov sacrifices himself. Or may be his healing is simply impossible and will die, it's just his last words that will be seen... I can keep on going but I know, you know, I know it won't happen. Why?, seriously, why didn't he die?, it was a perfect Azuma, Hokage, Jiraya like death.

I know the feeling T_T After I read this chapter (the second time) it made me feel like this is a filler / overview chapter. I mean yeah, things happened and things were revealed, but a lot more things were skipped.

I got this feeling that we're just being prepared for something. Maybe (or is it wishful thinking) everyone gets some focus later on, but this chapter we're just being thrown bits of it because they're not ready to throw the bigger events yet.

Well we wouldn't know anything until the next chapter. Let's hope it comes out early, or at least be a longer and more eventful one.

And please, Mashima, confirm whether Mira's dead or not. So we fans could properly grieve... or something.:darn I don't like being hanged for so long when something like that happens. x.x

White Silver King
February 05, 2011, 09:46 PM
As far as we know, they've been in a stand off the whole time.
Which is freaking impressive for anybody let alone a "little girl".

Krono
February 05, 2011, 10:12 PM
Which is freaking impressive for anybody let alone a "little girl".

Seeing as Erza and Juvia are fairly cautious, and they've noticed something odd about her magic, not really. It seems more like they've opted to pump her for information than start an uncertain fight.

Sevenheadedmirror
February 05, 2011, 10:35 PM
Seeing as Erza and Juvia are fairly cautious, and they've noticed something odd about her magic, not really. It seems more like they've opted to pump her for information than start an uncertain fight. I hate when people say something they inferred has to be implied. No, you are reading too much into the characters and situation, when did Lluvia had that capability? or where did Erza?

Krono
February 05, 2011, 11:06 PM
I hate when people say something they inferred has to be implied. No you are reading too much into the characters and situation, when did Lluvia had that capability? or where did Erza ?

?

It's beyond their capabilities to ask questions instead of fighting? Meledy's giving Erza and Juvia the same monologue the rest of Fairy Tail's getting. All that requires is asking "Why are you on this island?" instead of fighting, Meledy being willing to talk instead of fight.

Or perhaps you mean the "noticed something odd about her magic" part. In which case I refer you to this page:

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/59906726/18

So yeah, it's rather silly for someone to be upset we haven't been shown "how a little girl handled both Lluiva and Scarlet" when there's no evidence that actual fighting took place, and all that's required to reach the current point is be cautious and ask questions.

Sevenheadedmirror
February 05, 2011, 11:39 PM
-I feel some strange magic. Let's stare her to death. Or not move a muscle.

-There are people of our guild fighting...

-Shut up and stare her to death!

My point is that at least the tense situation should have had some minor movements, not just looking. And if it did, a little build up would have been good. So yeah I am mad on how a little girl's aura could make Erza and Lluvia frightened for let's say 15 minutes; without any of them making a move or taking advantage that they were virtually 2 S-level magicians. Not having any direct mention on this reaction from two of the strongest mages in the good side does piss me off, while we get to see how Natsu's aspulls make the opponent sweat everytime they are pulled off.

But hey, nice page quoting I hadn't seen that. (no sarcasm). Which is horrible because my infer imply argument had been thought prior this; now, the first time I use it, its thunder broke.

Yashie
February 06, 2011, 12:16 AM
I did find this chapter more of a "filler" chapter than a very interesting one, barring the whole Zeref thing

First off, It's heartening to see Makarov still alive. Clearly, the old man's got some life left. Don't write him off, people! I'm pretty sure Wendy can heal him up to the point where he's out of danger, if not completely. I mean, all she has to do to get a power-up is to eat air.

Remember how Wendy healed Erza from Cobra's poison thing? Well the blackening of Natsu's scarf is something like a "poison" if you will, an evil influence, so Wendy should be able to cleanse it. Which, of course, explains how Natsu's scarf reverts to original (As seen in Charle's vision)

Maybe Makarov will use his power to make some fire for Natsu, I dunno. Buutt ... I think Makarov's part is pretty much over as far as this arc is concerned. I bet he ain't gonna be fighting much anymore ... Not even against Hades. I personally predict Natsu takes Hades down, with help from others. He is NOT gonna be able to take Hades down himself

Secondly Rustyrose. As mentioned by someone else, congratz to the person who predicted that Rustyrose's power is not gonna work like the other glasses-wearing people. Although I severly doubt he wore glasses just to counter Evergreen's power. Maybe Evergreen's right about Rustyrose's power being like Lucy's.

Maybe all the Seven Kin just have powers similar to Fairy Tail members' but on a whole different level. Dragon Slayer - Godslayer ... Stellar Spirit Mage - Underworld Spirit Mage (?) Or some such thing, I suppose.

Thirdly Ultear beating Zeref made sense to me. Zeref is sleeping. Locked down. Virtually powerless. He can't even control the "death-flashes" (for want of a better word), right? Ultear, on the other hand, is insanely strong and could easily beat Zeref in his present condition. Grimoire Heart would totally have come prepared for just such a scenario. It's foolishly optimistic to suppose Zeref's just gonna walk along with them back home like an obedient little puppy.

And Ultear crying wasn't necessarily from fear. It's more of a "Thank god! I found you! Atlast! My life's purpose is achieved" kind of crying and the kneeling was out of respect, not fear

I do wonder why the greatest black mage of all time is "tired of wars and people dying and stuff" ... funny. Perhaps the guy suffers a multiple personality disorder, so when the Zeref side is locked down, the nicer side wakens. Plausible?

On the whole, can't wait for the next chapter!!

Zatono
February 06, 2011, 01:02 AM
I'd rather think that Zeref basically tapped into the pure magic thing that Hades talked about, and it somehow corrupted him? Maybe its Nirvana's fault? Who knows what could have happened with Zeref.

I'd assume that he really is a good guy at heart though, but I doubt that after Grimoire Heart awakens him he's simply going to just do what they want. Unless he's wants subordinates of course. I don't think he's going to forgive Ultear just like that though...we might get a real show of his power through Ultear after his awakening, or even Hades.

Ero-Sanji
February 06, 2011, 01:27 AM
It was a good chapter all in all but I fell some things could have been handled differently. But I have faith in Mashima and that this was the best for the future.

Anyway, first about the whole Zeref thing. Yes, it was totally unsatisfying to see him getting knocked out off screen after such a badass entry and after he scared the shit out of Ultear. Even though he only is a shadow from the legendary mage he should be fairly strong thinking of how strong that mage really was. But as someone mentioned I think that both Ultear and Zeref's powers are saved for later.

Then on to the beauty and the beast battle. I think that in the rematch Elfman will use his take over magic and absorb Belcusas the thunderclap. Also we can clearly see that Mashima is saving things for later by keeping Rustyrose's powers in the dark. Along with the fact that Rustyrose is also using two types of magic further suggests that the GH's are some heavy mages. Too bad for Zancrow...

I also find it funny how Natsu and Zancrow, Azuma and Mirajane have finished beating the crap out of each other while the others haven't even started.

Kurohitsugi
February 06, 2011, 02:21 AM
Finally, Urtear meets Zeref... Nevertheless I disagree with those who say that Zeref will kick her ass. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Urtear somehow incapacitates and captures this Zeref. Don't forget that along with his real self, his true powers may be dormant as well.

Told ya :p

That was a great chapter. Too shame we didn't see more of Urthear vs Zeref but that was probably for the best. Even if this Zeref is "nothing" Urthear seems to be very damaged from the battle.

I am wondering if now that GH has completed their objective, is going to retreat. I hope that doesn't happen,I want to see Meldy vs Erza and Juvia.

Lectro Volpi
February 06, 2011, 02:58 AM
Natsu wining is a given. He can fight someone with more experience or power and defeat them with will or friendship.

Urtear vs Zeref is NOT the same as Natsu vs the World.

When two non-main characters clash (say, two villains), the author usually becomes objective and you can expect a fair match with no friendship power-up or will or anything that can deviate the fight; everything reduces to skill and instinct (as it should be). That's why those fights are the best ones.

Not impossible for Urtear to win but that was the biggest waste of "Cool angry faces" I've ever saw... must be illegal!

Zeref pulled a Midnight!

Voldemort send a C & D to Grimoire Heart for copyright.

MonsterEnvy
February 06, 2011, 03:27 AM
Anyway, first about the whole Zeref thing. Yes, it was totally unsatisfying to see him getting knocked out off screen after such a badass entry and after he scared the shit out of Ultear.

it was established that he never scared ultear they were tears of joy not fear she bowed out of loyality

Curryman
February 06, 2011, 03:54 AM
I don't understand why everyone is mad Ultear beat Zeref.

It was established from the beginning that Zeref is not a full power plus this means Ultear's powers will be unveiled sometime later with a more meaningful battle.

From the looks of it GH might be re-treating soon since they got what they needed?

I smell a training arc coming where Luxus and Gildartz get filled in and join the re-match. That or they will continue to fight but so far it's GH 2 - FT 1.

I didn't really understand Rusty Rose's powers. At first I thought he was a stronger Elfman but Elfman didn't seem to recognize it at all.

Anyone else get reminded of Hildegarn from DBZ Movie 13 with Rusty Rose's beast?

Newkerzy
February 06, 2011, 04:20 AM
It seems that a lot of you didn't pay close attention to the chapter very well.... :-_-

http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/85264990/19

http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/85264990/20

Take a look. It's pretty obvious Zeref didn't go down without a hard fight. From the way Ultear looks, she definitely had a really rough time with him and is quite heavily injured. So, I'm quite content with this chapter. Zeref was caught but not without a hard fight. If you ask me, Ultear was really lucky that this Zeref wasn't able to use his full power

Jorge D. Dragon
February 06, 2011, 04:36 AM
I was really dissapointed when I read the chapter, but now I think that maybe Zeref's loss was for good, cause when his power will be unlocked we'll see him kicking her ass for real)) At least I hope that it will happen.:)
At least now we know Rusty Rose's magic and we know that Ultear is the eldest from the 7 kin, hence she can be the strongest.:)
It's good that Wendy is healing Natsu and Makarov. I hope that Master won't die and GH will just retreat to carry out their plan.
And I hope that FT will retreat to the guild and start training. Also I hope Luxus will come back to the Guild.:)

Gats
February 06, 2011, 04:39 AM
Zeref seems still very strong in his current state despite what Ultear said. Sounds like the kind of thing she would say to anybody, even to someone who would beat her near to death before she has the upper hand, or maybe she compared the "nothing" to the ubber state of Zeref in the past. Her bad shape after the fight seems to indicate that Zeref managed to make some good strikes.

Kurohitsugi
February 06, 2011, 05:36 AM
Believe it or not, this chapter hyped up Zeref even more. Just see how much he did damaged Urtear in his sleeping mode, with all of his powers locked away. People don't seem to realise how strong Urtear is. Arc of time, master manipulator, former member of the Council, elder Kin of Purgatory, in my mind I consider her equal to Gildarts. If a weak Zeref managed to harm Urtear that much it seems that once he awakens he'll be easily and by far the strongest being in the FT world. So, the disappointment about Zeref is unjustified. If he was already strong then the GH's quest of the Key would be entirely pointless, right ?

I also liked Rustyrose's powers eventhough the battle was short. The metallic giant reminded me a very old cartoon I had watched years ago. I can't see how he can be defeated by those two even in a rematch later. He is far beyond their level. The battle I am very interested in now is Meldy's one mainly because she is facing the strongest FT member on the island right now, Erza. It seems that she didn't start fighting, I am afraid that now that Zeref has been captured, she may retreat without showing a glimpse of her powers. I hope not. :s

And seeing Natsu's condition, is still someone who believes that he WON his battle ? He is in a worse condition than Zancrow who was still conscious after being hit by that last attack. Natsu saved his butt from a certain defeat forcing a miraculous stalemate. He was lucky. I like that, since it's another demonstration of GH's power although by a different way than showing a Kin clearly win his battle. I bet my house that Natsu and Zancrow will have a rematch. The latest will be furious as he will be the only member of GH who failed to win his opponent holding a personal grudge against Natsu. And that time there will be no crazy laughs and creepy smirks, Zancrow will fight seriously.

-Ken-
February 06, 2011, 05:42 AM
Umm, I don't know. In my eyes Natsu beat someone who should be stronger than Ultear before. i'll rank Zero as higher than Ultear. But I guess Natsu beat him because of Flame that Jellal gave him.

Shiro Tsuki
February 06, 2011, 06:28 AM
I feel we have all been reading too much out of it!

He got beaten up!
Yes yes - He was hyped (overhyped) as the one to rule on everyone's ass!
But hey we got a decent explanation!
He is asleep or whatsoever - So no fullpower _-
So it is rather plausible that the 'eldest of the seven kin of purgatory' got him!

I am more like :|!
How did Ultear get passed the whole death waves coming from kid-zeref?

Its a shame we don't get to know what happened to Mira and Lisanna!
I don't want her to die...
and if she's the one dead in Charles's vision - Then tell us now!!!
[Please god Kill Maka and keep Mira alive]

And yes the whole Elf/Eve Vs Machine-dude -
Plain boring!
I was just flippin on!
(I have a gut feeling Elfman might win this one...)

wooticus
February 06, 2011, 07:20 AM
wow i really like where this is going.

the zeref fight had the perfect outcome in my opinion. it - again - showed that fairy tail can't win this whole battle (yet). not just hades but also ultear are too powerful. but also emo-zeref didn't suck because he quite forced her..

now.. looking at all those fights.. i don't know what the intentions of GH are, but they don't seem to be willing to totally kill all those FT guys. in all those fights they left with the opponents heavily injured (or maybe dead in case of MJ). i really think that GH will retreat now that they've found zeref because they don't care about those FT mages.

so.. still looking forward to what lucys big role in this arc will be (the one she talked about).

and what mest will do.

kakashidad
February 06, 2011, 07:55 AM

That's a nice trail of thought you have there.All i've got as a reply is that both natsu and wendy are different d/s which it appears,judging from an earlier encounter between their respective dragons igneel and grandine.

That they were not always on friendly terms with one another?So maybe wendy magic was inhibited on this occasion?In helping natsu.I wonder if she has to remove the muffler in order to heal him or heal the muffler?
[hr]

Well it was already hinted that Zeref was very inexperienced with using his powers... so it should not really come to any surprise that he was owned by one of the most powerful villains that has been introduced to FT.

The only thing that shocked me was the ability to put him down so quickly... but after thinking it over, it would be foolish for GH to try to grab him without having faith in being able to subdue him quickly... especially if they knew they would have any opposition from FT.

What i find of interest is the fact.That all of these gerad clone looking charactors.Show this kind of weakness before they become truly powerful?And this arc seems to be mirroring the previous...where mystigan had to eliminate all traces of magic in that reality to make those there.Survive....am i clutching at straws here?

Yashie
February 06, 2011, 08:00 AM
I feel we have all been reading too much out of it!

I am more like :|!
How did Ultear get passed the whole death waves coming from kid-zeref?

Zeref can't really control those, now, can he?

kakashidad
February 06, 2011, 08:13 AM

The chapter's ending left me dissapointed and ruined the otherwise good chapter.

I hear what your saying there 3c...but i look at it slightly differently.Ultear is probably the only member of the 7kin that could of stood up to zeref at this paticular TIME...seeing as her magiks works along those basis ''time''.Anything that zeref did could be undid?Plus there was a major hint.That Gilmoire heart are at a point where their very survival is based on the capture of zeref....source of magik and that?

For me zeref is in his ''avatar stage''.Clearly he was quite upset with g/h even been on the island in the first place.That suggest to me at least, that he(zeref) has or is undergoing some change..whether he's in his infancy stage now or in his previous incarnation idk.I have a feeling that he and MAVIS are one and the same.And what transpire between makarov former master has occured before?Good turning bad. Bad turning good...very simular to NIRVANA.

There has to be some form of continunity imo from one arc to the next.So i'm not too dissappointed this time round.But i want to see more F/t victories.It time ezra stepped up.:p

Shiro Tsuki
February 06, 2011, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=Shiro Tsuki;2279732]

Zeref can't really control those, now, can he?

Yeah!
But wasn't that supposed to be some kind of reaction when he gets all excited/angry! (am def extending that theory :eyeroll)

Any one else wonder what is a the key to awake Zeref?
Does key sounds something like stellar magic?
Lucy Layla theory? :oh

sarutobi_sensei
February 06, 2011, 08:45 AM
Good chapter. So that's why Wendy can't heal Natsu, because of the dark power inside the muffler.

Zeref was pissed but he can't control his own power. Yet, it's evident he doesn't want to unleash his power.

UrTear is really strong actually. To be able to defeat him, it's still a great feat. Though she didn't win unscathed. He probably gave quite a fight.

And Makarov will live. Good.

Rustyrose has some sort of take over and summoning magic combined, he can probably summon the beasts he has defeated and control their power, could it be the original form of takeover?

Lucy's group still hasn't started fighting Caprico?

Can't wait for the next chapter to know what will happen.

Why would they want to eradicate people who can't do magic? It's looking a lot like Voldemort from Harry Potter. Could it be because of what people used to do to magic folk in the old days?

Skyguardian
February 06, 2011, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=Yashie;2279775]

Yeah!
But wasn't that supposed to be some kind of reaction when he gets all excited/angry! (am def extending that theory :eyeroll)

Does key sounds something like stellar magic?
Lucy Layla theory? :oh

I thought those waves kill only beeing without magical Power, like Animals. I could be wrong though.

swordsaintscoot
February 06, 2011, 10:06 AM
[QUOTE=Shiro Tsuki;2279797]

I thought those waves kill only beeing without magical Power, like Animals. I could be wrong though.

that would make sense given the world grimoire heart wishes to create.

White Silver King
February 06, 2011, 10:59 AM
If Melody has a draw with Lluvia and Ezra I'm saying shes on Laxus's level. If she beats them, I'm putting her slightly below Gildarts' level. Even though Ultear is the eldest of the Kin I'm saying Melody is the strongest. I mean, just look at her opponents compared to everyone else's: Lluvia, a former S-Class and possibly one again in the near future and Ezra, one of the most powerful mages in the series. Some people might be right by saying we wont see them fight, but boy I hope we do.

Razh
February 06, 2011, 11:23 AM
Zero isn't higher than Ultear!

Interesting argument. Really something to think about (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/announcement.php?f=371&a=117). :derp

There's really no way of knowing either way. Although, I can imagine that Urtear could have trouble against more physical types. If they can get in range and beat the shit out of her, well, that never fails. Despite everything, Zero was a pretty strong fighter in addition to having a strong attack magic.

Oberon
February 06, 2011, 11:53 AM
Seems that Natsu will not an easy time to recover from having engulfed the Zancrow's black flames, but that in turn seems to have mysteriously vanished, or wasn't just framed.. About Zeref, well that was not at full power was clear, however, certainly I didn't think it was even in a dormant state and thus unable to fight http://www.onepiececrew.com/forum/images/smilies/sese.gif

The remainder of the Grimiore Heart plan is nothing new, indeed it is rather obvious.

Razh
February 06, 2011, 12:01 PM
Geez, at the start of this arc, the guy had trouble controlling his own power. Heck, he had trouble controlling it like few hours ago. Can't just expect him to pwn everyone just like that. Especially not someone who has enough power to re-assemble a destroyed huge air ship without much trouble.

tobeulp
February 06, 2011, 12:08 PM
Even if Zeref is defeated he gave Ultear a hard time and I think the Zeref even with his sleeping state is too much for Natsu to handle remember the chapter where Zeref met Natsu.. Zeref stated that Natsu is still too weak for him IIRC so given that the current state of Zeref right now is near the level Gildartz or much stronger..

Jorge D. Dragon
February 06, 2011, 01:06 PM
Interesting argument. Really something to think about (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/announcement.php?f=371&a=117). :derp

There's really no way of knowing either way. Although, I can imagine that Urtear could have trouble against more physical types. If they can get in range and beat the shit out of her, well, that never fails. Despite everything, Zero was a pretty strong fighter in addition to having a strong attack magic.

I totally agree with your post.:) Sometimes Fairy Tail resembles One Piece for me in a sence that sometimes there are special match-ups, when some weak or not so strong ability will prevail over a strong ability and that's really great.:)

Shadow Limiter
February 06, 2011, 01:15 PM

Well what every the Key might be, it must be related to the "Tower of Paradise" incident. The person talking to Ultear in "ch 102" did talk about a key.

Oberon
February 06, 2011, 01:27 PM
Geez, at the start of this arc, the guy had trouble controlling his own power. Heck, he had trouble controlling it like few hours ago. Can't just expect him to pwn everyone just like that. Especially not someone who has enough power to re-assemble a destroyed huge air ship without much trouble.

Mine wasn't a critics about Zeref's power, instead was a surprise for what he did despite he was in a hiatus status.. I don't know if you understand what I meant. I'm shocked by the power shown by Zeref that was in a dormant state because in this moment a Zeref with "the chains" is much stronger than all FT members, except a few minor figure.

Sollum
February 06, 2011, 01:29 PM
Okay... so after all Rose was just "Yet Another Stellar Spirit Mage" >.>

Is it me or all of the GH mages are just advanced versions of FT mages? Now i wouldn't be surprised if one of them would be Ice Mage and another one VERY FAST reequipping mage.

Zeref revealed some interesting things. He doesn't have memory loss and he totally comprehends what he is...

And worst of all, now we are stuck with yet another "VERY high potential" mage, that sucks...

But i am glad that we had at least two unexpected twists.

P.S. Damn, those FT Cats could make the team of their own, and call them self "The Cat Brigade"
P.P.S. Muffler turning back to white is a bad sign... A BAD SIGN!
P.P.P.S. I applaud Urtear for kicking but of the Lord of Darkness and willing to awaken his real powers. In the end, she is not afraid he will kill her.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 06, 2011, 01:57 PM
Sollum
I hope that we won't get just better versions of Fairy Tail mages, cause it will suck a bit.:) Yes, some of Grimmore Heart mages seemed to have magic that was a better version of FT mages like Zancrow to Natsu, but I'd say that Rustyrose got the mixture of Lucy's and Elfman's magic, so he isn't only a better version of one mage.:) Or we might have misundestand his power.:)

Also about Ultear... I don't think she doesn't fear, I think she doesn't understand Zeref's real intentions.:)

ghostexiled
February 06, 2011, 02:12 PM
Explaining Rusty Rose's abilities may be very similar to explaining Azuma's abilities.

I stated before that I believed that each of the Kins (or most of them) have more than 1 magic ability.

Azuma has his plant/wood magic, merging ability and his explosions.

So Rusty could have a summoning ability along with a transformation one as well.

These are the disciples of the mighty and great Hades after all! :D

Jorge D. Dragon
February 06, 2011, 02:32 PM
ghostexiled
I totally agree with you, but I think that Azuma's emerging is part of his wood/plant magic.:)

Razh
February 06, 2011, 02:43 PM
Mine wasn't a critics about Zeref's power, instead was a surprise for what he did despite he was in a hiatus status.. I don't know if you understand what I meant. I'm shocked by the power shown by Zeref that was in a dormant state because in this moment a Zeref with "the chains" is much stronger than all FT members, except a few minor figure.

Oh I wasn't responding to your post, just gave my input on it, since it seemed a lot of people were disappointed, what with the hype about Zeref, even after we saw how unstable his magic is.
[hr]

So Rusty could have a summoning ability along with a transformation one as well.

These are the disciples of the mighty and great Hades after all! :D

According to what he said, it seems more like the transformation is some kind of unwanted effect of the summoning magic he uses.

-Ken-
February 06, 2011, 03:35 PM
Oh I wasn't responding to your post, just gave my input on it, since it seemed a lot of people were disappointed, what with the hype about Zeref, even after we saw how unstable his magic is.
<hr noshade size="1">

According to what he said, it seems more like the transformation is some kind of unwanted effect of the summoning magic he uses.

Perhaps he gave up part of his body to the beast by letting the beast take over his arm instead of him taking over the beast in exchange of summoning that beast?

zelllogan
February 06, 2011, 05:33 PM
Lol , zeref acting cocky in the two last chapters & he is trashed :D. That made me laugh. I like Ultear: sexy, powerful & a crazy bitch.

By the way, WHERE THE FUCK IS MIST ? Is he just gone or what :D ?

Sollum
February 06, 2011, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't say that Rusty has a transformation ability for one reason. Some monsters can take over bodies of humans.

Remember Macao mission with those white monkeys? They take over the body. This one seems somehow familiar, maybe more "Devilish" version of those monkeys (Pops?). So maybe Rusty is THAT good that he can even control special abilities of his summons and order them to partially change his body parts.

1337 haxor
February 06, 2011, 05:51 PM
I think there are going to be some major twist once GH tries to awake Zeref.

If Nirvana was really used 400 years ago to end Zerefs rampage then there is something up the air regarding wheter is the seal that makes him good or if he has become ingenuinely good while wielding the most wrecked evil power ever.

Zeref questioned Ultear if she was after his power, to me this indicates that Zeref knows about something that even Hades and GH are unaware of.

Perhaps he knows that his evil power once released won't turn him evil but rather awake something that he knows will turn the world into chaos.

A good yet fully powered Zeref is a prelude that someone or something of his caliber struggled with him in the past but when Nirvana was used that great saviour became the devil and Zeref became the goodie two shoes we see now.

So if he is the ultimate good which holds the deepest darkness then comes the whereabouts of the ultimate evil which holds the brightest light.

Maybe as some put it, he wasn't responsible for all the chaos he is credited for but it was rather caused by a war between him and someone else.

That someone else who turned absolutely evil but also got his powers sealed alongside Zeref could have erased every trace of his exhistence and awaited in the shadows because he knows the moment Zeref's seal is broken so will be his and then he will come out at full force.

I could be that Tartarus is related to Zeref's rival in some sense since the titans were once deities credited with giving a golden age of prosperity to humanity but who felt from grace and were banned to the deeps of darkness.

In the end it all comes down to fallen gods vs dragons.

kamakazi_1996
February 06, 2011, 06:30 PM
im quite dissapointed that zeref was defeated by ultear all that build up about how he was angry and pissed all for nothing :-_- but i can tell he at least put up a good fight because ultear looked beaten up after their fight, i suppose she countered his death magic with her time/restore magic she has.

i dont know if that guy who had the beast is actually a demon like elfman or a summoner like lucy.

im glad makarov is alive which could mean he might fight hades again but i dont know how makarov will defeat hades because clearly hades is older and a lot stronger

-Ken-
February 06, 2011, 07:35 PM
im quite dissapointed that zeref was defeated by ultear all that build up about how he was angry and pissed all for nothing :-_- but i can tell he at least put up a good fight because ultear looked beaten up after their fight, i suppose she countered his death magic with her time/restore magic she has.

i dont know if that guy who had the beast is actually a demon like elfman or a summoner like lucy.

im glad makarov is alive which could mean he might fight hades again but i dont know how makarov will defeat hades because clearly hades is older and a lot stronger

She can't counter his death magic using her time magic. At least I don't think so. She already stated that the time magic doesn't work on the living.

Thorvardur
February 06, 2011, 08:52 PM

I don't think Makarov can fight in that state he is in, Wendy couldn't heal him properly and it looks like he has given up imo.

kkck
February 06, 2011, 10:13 PM
The impression I have from the guy fighting elfman is that he is using a takeover magic as well. The main difference would be that rustyrose is not only capable of becoming a monster but also summoning them from within.

It also seems like the reason wendy couldn't properly heal natsu was due to the magic within his scarf... I guess it is not a perfect protection after all. Natsu should be up and about in no time, specially if he gets a little fire to feed from and wendy should be pretty capable of replenishing her own magic with time from the air so makarov should be safe from dying in due time. I don't think there is any reason for him to die anyways.

I was surprised zeref was defeated by urtear. Perhaps her magic could counter zeref's power due to being time. Regressing time of zerref's magic should basically avoid his control over death.

WOnder why hades would teach the seven kin forbidden magic if the consequences were so severe. I think hades lied to the kin about something and is about to try to manipulate zeref.

bittman
February 06, 2011, 11:18 PM
Hmm, I know a few people are getting hung up on: "Time Magic shouldnt counter Death Magic".

So now, where was the fight where Urtear showed us how she used Time Magic to beat Zeref? Or the fight where Zeref used Death Magic to fight Urtear?

There are two huge incorrect trains of thought here:
That Zeref can control his Death Magic, or that it is his only magic. If he indeed doesn't want anyone to die, being annoyed wasnt going to change that. For all you guys know he used a very standard brand of magic for the battle. He wasn't known as the greatest wizard just because people could die being around him, surely. Death Magic doesn't create giant evil demons for example.
The limitations of time magic. All we've seen it do is repair damage and crumble buildings. Time is a verrrrrry powerful ability. Assuming it only works on objects based upon talk from a very early Fairy Tail battle is like assuming Natsu can only make fire from his arms. Manmade objects aren't the only things in the world affected by time.

Of course, Mashima could have some total bull about time countering death. I live in a dream world where Fairy Tail has deep and understandable explanations for things =P

kkck
February 07, 2011, 12:44 AM
Perhap zeref can't use his living magic in his sealed state? He probably has some abilities but they would be quite limited without having access to his full power.

elitefox
February 07, 2011, 12:58 AM
I wonder what will happen if he is unlock, is that the right term?

is it like some kind of "good guy" spell that can be reverse or is he really a good guy that is misunderstood

-Ken-
February 07, 2011, 02:03 AM
I wonder what will happen if he is unlock, is that the right term?

is it like some kind of "good guy" spell that can be reverse or is he really a good guy that is misunderstood

I'm hoping for good guy that is misunderstood. It's much less cliche that way. But then, Fairy Tail do have bunch of cliche stuff...

Ero-Sanji
February 07, 2011, 02:12 AM
it was established that he never scared ultear they were tears of joy not fear she bowed out of loyality

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/85264990/8
This seems like fear to me:amuse

It's also an interesting thing that Rustyrose brought up. This so called side effects have yet to appear but it seems it's driving Ultear mad. In this chapter she doesn't look, talk or appear as sane as I thought she were.

Bhoot
February 07, 2011, 04:27 AM
Guyz lets discuss about the possible counter effect magic too close to darkness might have .

Now lets just assume that most lost magic was lost due to these counter effects .

For starters .. Dragon Slayer magic is suppose to be a lost magic . Possibly due to the insanity it causes in the users ... it was lost [just see Natsu and Gajeel ... even Wendy might grow up to be like that .... not only that even look at the Lycharma users] Or maybe it causes loss of age or something like that [which would solve the 80yr + mystery]

Then we have Time magic ... maybe it causes a loss in fashion sense

--

Another thing is that maybe all the magoc beinf used is actually derived as less powerful but also a lot less dangerous form of lost magic . Take Rusty rose for example . then we might have Dragon slayer as a half derivent from God Slayer magic [Zancrow was the craziest of the lot]

swordsaintscoot
February 07, 2011, 09:01 AM
This seems like fear to me:amuse

It's also an interesting thing that Rustyrose brought up. This so called side effects have yet to appear but it seems it's driving Ultear mad. In this chapter she doesn't look, talk or appear as sane as I thought she were.

seemed more like she was shocked to see that zeref was going to attack them.

Razh
February 07, 2011, 09:55 AM
She was overwhelmed with his dark power, as is visible in the top panel. She was surprised and scared, although it seems she recovered from it later.

monkey D luffy
February 07, 2011, 02:10 PM
well this world only for mages kinda seams stolen from shamen where hao wanted to make a world only for shamans

i also wonder how did zeref lose?

kkck
February 07, 2011, 02:17 PM
The title of the next chapter seems interesting. "Arc of embodiment". That is clearly a lost magic and I would guess it will have something to do with the release of zeref. Or perhaps that is rustytose's magic lol? I guess it would kinda fit....

Sollum
February 07, 2011, 05:22 PM
I was rereading the chapter again, and it shined down on me.

Zeref is the the one who supposedly released "demons" onto the world.
400 years ago, Nirvana reverted something powerful.
Dragon Slayer have unknown age.

So where does it lead to you ask?
Dragons are demons - summoned by Zeref. Yet some dragons went rogue and thought humans to Dragon Slaying arts to slay other "demons" (dragons). Yet, Nirvana happened, and all the "demonish" magic was banished to other plain, like Anima thingy from Edolas. Including dragon slayers.

But since DS became part human, part dragon, they got stuck in between worlds (remember Natsu traveling through spirit world and thinking he just was at one spot and then in another, whilst in fact he jumped to another dimension?). And while they where stuck, their magic was being drained down, same way Locky's was . And after lots of time, when they lost most of their magic, they fell back to Human plane. Thinking that all the dragons disappeared 777 7 7. In fact what happened, they got major memory loss, and reverted back to the days when they where young and little.

This explains:
DS age issue
Why dragons can't interfere with humans
What Zeref is needed for
How come Natsu knew Wendy
How come Zeref knew Natsu
How Natsu survived travel through spirit world

P.S. Zeref is totally joining Fairy Tail...

kamakazi_1996
February 07, 2011, 06:55 PM
I don't think Makarov can fight in that state he is in, Wendy couldn't heal him properly and it looks like he has given up imo.

it would be disappointing if he has given up, also it would be disappointing if he couldn't fight because Ive seen fairy tail members go through a lot more of a beating and still come out with an awesome comeback (mainly natsu)

White Silver King
February 07, 2011, 07:53 PM
it would be disappointing if he has given up, also it would be disappointing if he couldn't fight because Ive seen fairy tail members go through a lot more of a beating and still come out with an awesome comeback (mainly natsu)

Makarov got hit head on with the most powerful blast of magic we've seen in the series. It blew up half the island. I don't think any one has been hit with "a lot more".

Yashie
February 07, 2011, 09:05 PM
P.P.S. Muffler turning back to white is a bad sign... A BAD SIGN!

How'd you figure that one out? I don't quite follow :(

kkck
February 07, 2011, 11:38 PM
I think he is talking about charles prediction. His scarf was white when he was shown crying.

Sevenheadedmirror
February 08, 2011, 12:53 AM
Makarov got hit head on with the most powerful blast of magic we've seen in the series. It blew up half the island. I don't think any one has been hit with "a lot more".

Let's not forget the attack that PIERCED through his chest. But, of course, wasn't lethal. :-_-

Ero-Sanji
February 08, 2011, 01:06 AM
seemed more like she was shocked to see that zeref was going to attack them.

I thought this was her shock face: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/85264990/7

As you can see this is after he says that he's angry and not after he tells her he's going to attack. Also, I don't think you're supposed to sweat that much from shock, seems like good ol' fear to me.

Sevenheadedmirror
February 08, 2011, 01:21 AM
I thought this was her shock face: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/85264990/7

As you can see this is after he says that he's angry and not after he tells her he's going to attack. Also, I don't think you're supposed to sweat that much from shock, seems like good ol' fear to me.
What does it matter?, fear is actually a good excuse for someone to attack, powerful nations do it. You're obviously right about it but it isn't an excuse for someone to be defeated. What I'm complaining is not that but why didn't we saw how she kicked his ass.

-Ken-
February 08, 2011, 01:32 AM
Let's not forget the attack that PIERCED through his chest. But, of course, wasn't lethal. :-_-

I think he mean this
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/10
That blow up half the island. Of course, there's that chest piecing. But I rather get hit in the chest than getting hit by something that crushed half an island.

bittman
February 08, 2011, 01:33 AM
Well this is how I saw the scenario:

Urtear, who has a "thing" for Zeref as shown by her constant blushing, super dooper happy face and whatever she "had" with Gerard (which was ultimately a Zeref thing anyway).

Zeref, not by saying that he was angry but rather by saying that he has no indication of doing anything in this age, crushed her dreams of him. Urtear, who borders on blind fanatacism over Zeref, received a huge mental shock.

So rather than fear, I saw it as a mental breakdown. They can often lead to enormous amounts of rage and delusions. Urtear's character definitely went through a complete 180 in the aftermath of the fight with Zeref. I saw it as a great, but not explicitly laid out, character development.

I like this Urtear girl. She's got her hands in a lot of things that make a character delicious (backstory, personality flips, set up over more than 1 arc and is actually powerful).

I shouldn't like her too much though. Last couple of non-boss characters I liked were Angel and Cobra. They were both total nobodies in the end despite having great potential =(

Sevenheadedmirror
February 08, 2011, 01:39 AM
I think he mean this
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/10
That blow up half the island. Of course, there's that chest piecing. But I rather get hit in the chest than getting hit by something that crushed half an island.

Yes, and no. While your argument is logical, people have been saved from explosions thanks to an external factor in real life. Nobody survives an object 20% of your chest passing by its center and leaving nothing but a hole.

Also in manga and anime it is implied that the resistance of the characters is ridiculous; hence, an attack that destroyed rocks and land can be taken by some characters, due to this ridiculous increase in resistance, while an attack that destroys part of the character has clearly supered the character's defense.

However, I was merely supporting White King's argument not disagreeing with it.

lawlett-kun
February 08, 2011, 01:44 AM
zeref got pwned?roflmao Urtear is really strong mage afterall, i doubt Erza has chance against her 1v1.I wonder how strong zeref is after awakening.I really hope that at the end of the arc 3 DS fight against zeref somehow beat him and he joins FT guild :hurr

Razh
February 08, 2011, 06:46 AM
We don't know if Ezra has a chance or not, since we didn't see how Zeref was pwned. Urtear has a hax power, that much is sure. If we discovered anything about Ezra duting these 200 chapters, it's that she never gives up, and her battle sense is always working, which is why she manages to find weaknesses in seemingly unbeatable opponents. Like that battle with Midnight. I kept getting surprised by what Ezra did every few panels. Now that's a good battle.

Sure, there's no doubt Urtear is powerful, but let's not throw her up in the skies just yet. Zeref has shown that he has trouble controlling his power and that he gets punched easily (Natsu).

Anyway, I believe next chapter is going to be about Elfman and Green vs. Rusty, mostly. Battles are shown little by little, and theirs was shown the most out of the remaining ones. I suppose "Arc of Embodiment" means that he can somehow embody the power of spirits or something like that.

Ero-Sanji
February 08, 2011, 09:17 AM
What does it matter?, fear is actually a good excuse for someone to attack, powerful nations do it. You're obviously right about it but it isn't an excuse for someone to be defeated. What I'm complaining is not that but why didn't we saw how she kicked his ass.

Well... I wasn't even quoting you so no reason for me to answer:amuse
I was talking about whether she was scared or shocked and while it seemed like both I think it was more a face of fear.

Anyway, by eldest did Ultear really mean oldest? I mean she looks younger than both Caprico and Azuma. Or perhaps she was talking about the time in which she was taken in by Hades? I'm really excited of seeing the origin of the group.

lawlett-kun
February 08, 2011, 09:23 AM
I was talking about whether she was scared or shocked and while it seemed like both I think it was more a face of fear.

Anyway, by eldest did Ultear really mean oldest? I mean she looks younger than both Caprico and Azuma. Or perhaps she was talking about the time in which she was taken in by Hades? I'm really excited of seeing the origin of the group.

imo by eldest she means that she was the 1st person hades took in his guild ..and i guess she is the strongest one in there.:amuse

Sevenheadedmirror
February 08, 2011, 10:07 AM

But then the dude you quoted shouldn't answer you... that's kind of a baby argument (not a weak argument, as much as an argument from a kid said age)

I think it means the first, no person ever brags about being older.

kkck
February 08, 2011, 10:52 AM
I am a bit skeptical about urtear's battle skills even after what we saw. Her magic has no effect on actual people so what are the battle applications of arc of time? She was impressive against natsu back then (I don't think either of them actually went all out though) but moving manipulating an orb and making the ground break can only take you so far. Against erza in particular I don't see how exactly she would fight. Even if she destroys erza's armors erza would still have excellent speed to say the least. Perhaps urtear has a secondary magic with more battle oriented properties?

lawlett-kun
February 08, 2011, 10:56 AM
i dunno maybe since her magic has to do with time she can use teqs that was used on her in the past, or something like that.Her magic doesnt work on humans but should be fine on magic?But i am kinda dissapointed in zeref right now

kkck
February 08, 2011, 12:06 PM
It should work fine on magic but even then I would question exactly how she would fight. I guess she could stop magical attacks from reaching her to an extent but in turn someone with sufficient physical capacities should be able to reach her. Erza, natsu, grey, elfman or mira should have at least similar if not superior physical capacities.

Sollum
February 08, 2011, 12:22 PM
I am a bit skeptical about urtear's battle skills even after what we saw. Her magic has no effect on actual people so what are the battle applications of arc of time? She was impressive against natsu back then (I don't think either of them actually went all out though) but moving manipulating an orb and making the ground break can only take you so far. Against erza in particular I don't see how exactly she would fight. Even if she destroys erza's armors erza would still have excellent speed to say the least. Perhaps urtear has a secondary magic with more battle oriented properties?

Well, here's the list what she could do:

She could make 3 orbs rotate around her on high speed with specific orbit, that would deflect some projectiles, not to mention the fact that it would obliterate anything it touches, because even Tic Tac dropped from 80'th floor can kill. ( Style is everything, Speed kills )

She could form giant boulders above people's head.

She could open bottomless pit bellow a person, and as soon as he\she\it starts falling down, close it, leaving a person in total darkness.

Orb manipulation is more than enough i think.

The only question is... is she that good?

kkck
February 08, 2011, 01:00 PM
I have actually been thinking about the orb. Does it have some inherent magical ability? If it is just an orb then even with time magic she should not be able to control it like that. If she throws the orb and speeds it up and makes time go back then she should only be capable of moving it in a straight line.... If the orb has some inherent magical capacity which she can manipulate (like controlling it with her mind or something) and uses time to speed it up then it could be useful as a weapon but even then just that would perhaps not be enough. Wonder if the orb is one of the keys required to release zeref lol. How would she just form a boulder though? I don't think that makes much sense... The buttomless pit would work but I would think against stronger mages it would be something easy to deal with. Basically any of FT mages should be all to capable of dealing with a fall through flying in some form, using their magic to grab themselves onto something and climb out or force themselves out of the ground through sheer strength.

Ero-Sanji
February 08, 2011, 01:13 PM
Well Erza's weapons and armours are real things so they should be affected by the arc of time but we have on so many occasions seen Erza's armours getting destroyed only to be replaced by some anti-that-amazing-magic-armour. So if she ever fought Ultear Mashima would probably make a timeless armour or something like that.

The bottomless pit move is logical but to much of a hax move and would only get answered with an ass pull move.

Kurohitsugi
February 08, 2011, 02:25 PM
I'm hoping for good guy that is misunderstood. It's much less cliche that way. But then, Fairy Tail do have bunch of cliche stuff...

I'm hoping not.
I really hope that when GH uses the Key Zeref's personality will have a major change, to be just as he had been centuries ago, before his fall. I want him to be a seemingly pure evil villain with 'gray' intentions. Neither "good but misunderstood" or "berserker" kind of evil. Really, I hope that the omnipotent evil that terrorized the ancient world for years will not end up being something disappointing.

Comparing to the rest of the FT antagonists, I don't want Zeref to be like Zero but more like Gerard (in a much cooler way though :p)

Sollum
February 08, 2011, 02:48 PM
Well, from what i understand Arc of Time hastens or reverses time in specific point of space or object. So at some point, like after gazilions of years, there should be a boulder form rock above where Erza is standing.

Basically any of FT mages should be all to capable of dealing with a fall through flying in some form, using their magic to grab themselves onto something and climb out or force themselves out of the ground through sheer strength.

I did mention this

...and as soon as he\she\it starts falling down, close it, leaving a person in total darkness...

on purpose.

You know like, *POOF* 2m x 2m square opens below you, by the time you grasp situation, sealing is closed, and you're in total darkness, without even closest idea which way is the exit.

And i am now even taking into consideration that half of Earthlands mages are super humans that are 100% selfaware about where they are, whats happening to their body and etc, and instead of thinking "Oh god, why it became so dark and why do i have that strange feeling that i am falling?" they will comprehend that enemy mage casted a spell that opened a pit in the ground and then closed it after you fell in.

kamakazi_1996
February 09, 2011, 12:14 PM

Whoops i just reread that manga and i saw the panel which showed half the island get hit :o i accidentally skipped that page before, so i never knew the damage was so vast.
but i still think he should get up, i hope he does otherwise who else might be able to face hades, i thought at first laxus will stop hades but hades is just too powerful for him, i also thought about gildartz but i get the feeling he isnt coming to help, i mean he is all the way at fairy tail, so he wouldn't know about it and even if he did i don't think he will make it in time, i was considering zeref fighting but he was taken down by ultear the only possible choices are either all of them teaming up (natsu/gildartz/laxus/zeref) and fighting but that's really unlikely or it could be just natsu with another asspull hax power which i would hate.

so i like the idea of makarov vs hades round 2 like with jose in the phantom lord arc, he was hurt at first but then he had been healed then beat him.

i know he is very,very hurt but he has wendy who is really good with healing.

White Silver King
February 09, 2011, 03:39 PM
Right now, I'm kinda hoping Makarov does die. Because if he doesn't die then all signs point to Mira dying and that certainly won't do.

Thorvardur
February 09, 2011, 05:34 PM
I hope that someone else than Mira and Makarov dies. I hope it's Wendy cat.. god! I hate that cat... but I think it's gonna be Makarov who will fall down in the end in a heroic way while saving them all from Hades or something.

White Silver King
February 09, 2011, 05:52 PM
I'm hoping it's Laxus. Honestly, he doesn't deserve the redemption everyone on here is so eager to give him. I hope he comes back, takes out a GH and it takes his life.

kamakazi_1996
February 09, 2011, 06:13 PM
I hope that someone else than Mira and Makarov dies. I hope it's Wendy cat.. god! I hate that cat... but I think it's gonna be Makarov who will fall down in the end in a heroic way while saving them all from Hades or something.

hahahaha :D i do admit i dont like charlie ("wendy's cat") but it was a human arm that shown not a cat's arm, it would be really epic if makarov dies heroically, it will add to the plot, instead of a new s-class mage we get a new guild master but it's still too early for him to die i feel like i haven't seen that much out of him so i hope he doesn't

tobeulp
February 09, 2011, 07:31 PM
I predict that this arc will go with a Boom!!!... Because the reinforcement will arrive I don't know if it is the council Gildartz/Laxus or the Makarov pals but Reinforcement will surely come then it will be epic!!

Thorvardur
February 09, 2011, 08:48 PM
I'm hoping it's Laxus. Honestly, he doesn't deserve the redemption everyone on here is so eager to give him. I hope he comes back, takes out a GH and it takes his life.
I hope not! I think Laxus will play a major role in Fairy tail in the future. in the end of the arc when he was mentally disturbed and raged against the guild he changed somehow and felt bad about what he had done. I predict that he will come in the end and see his grandpa Makarov dying and go completly berserk against GH and saving the day with the guild! maybe Gildartz comes with him and we will see some ultra mega power battle muhahaha! that woud be awesome..

elitefox
February 10, 2011, 02:59 AM
I wonder if Gildartz/Luxus can make a difference if they go to the island. 6 kins + 1 guild master? + a bunch of fodders :D

I don't like summons but he does have more power than summoning so it will be harder. Lisana is useless atm.

miramira
February 10, 2011, 07:25 AM
Right now, I'm kinda hoping Makarov does die. Because if he doesn't die then all signs point to Mira dying and that certainly won't do.

Not that I actually want Makarov to die but I was thinking of the same thing. All signs point to Mira. *sighs*

(Someone said it's Lucy, but that I doubt. I'd go as far as saying that whatever happens in FT even in the future arcs and until it ends, Lucy won't die. She's the narrator, after all. She doesn't seem to be narrating the story from a dead character's point of view, if that makes sense. And she said she'll be a part of this arc "in a special way". Dying isn't something you'd call special :p)

Is it me or does it seem like the next chapter will skip Mira again? That would be totally awful. I hate this kind of cliffie.

Haha. I totally agree with the "doesn't deserve the redemption" part. I don't think he'd die anytime soon though.

GILDARTS, where are you? We totally want to see you fight for Fairy Tail! :}

swordsaintscoot
February 10, 2011, 10:51 AM
it's not like laxus wanted to hurt his guild members. he didnt think they were enemies (evident by failed fairy law). he just wanted his guild to be stronger, because people were looking down on him and his guild. To me he's just like natsu, except he'll go in to the grey areas to get what we wants. He didn't do anything nearly as bad as you seem to think.

Sollum
February 10, 2011, 12:16 PM
Hmm, then how about we sacrifice Cana? Seems fair to me...

kamakazi_1996
February 10, 2011, 03:07 PM

she was shown crying along with natsu wasn't she? so she couldn't be one who dies

White Silver King
February 10, 2011, 03:26 PM
it's not like laxus wanted to hurt his guild members. he didnt think they were enemies (evident by failed fairy law). he just wanted his guild to be stronger, because people were looking down on him and his guild. To me he's just like natsu, except he'll go in to the grey areas to get what we wants. He didn't do anything nearly as bad as you seem to think.

Are you kidding? He turned all the women in the guild to stone and was going to smash them all to bits, he had nakama nearly kill one another, and he was going to use his lacryma to blow up all of Magnolia. Not to mention he wanted to use Fairy Law to kill everyone in Fairy Tail along with everyone in the town. Seems pretty awful to me.

luffyg2
February 10, 2011, 03:57 PM
I think Makarov is going to be the one dying but i do agree with a few post saying that charlie should die ... god i hate that damned cat

Sollum
February 10, 2011, 03:59 PM
she was shown crying along with natsu wasn't she? so she couldn't be one who dies

Hmm... maybe her arm was cut off and hearth pierced, so last moments of her life she spent crying... about miserable life of Alcoholic.

Thorvardur
February 11, 2011, 06:22 AM
I absolutely agree with you there! I' don't mind if Cana will be the on too die. only reaction I would have is like "pff whatever".

swordsaintscoot
February 11, 2011, 08:39 AM
Are you kidding? He turned all the women in the guild to stone and was going to smash them all to bits, he had nakama nearly kill one another, and he was going to use his lacryma to blow up all of Magnolia. Not to mention he wanted to use Fairy Law to kill everyone in Fairy Tail along with everyone in the town. Seems pretty awful to me.

turning them to stone and setting up the lacryma are the worst things he did.

and you're missing the point about fairy law. it failed because laxus didnt really want to hurt them, not because he was weak or inexperienced. He didnt REALLY think FT was his enemies.

they didnt get smashed to bits, and they didnt blow up on the town.

thats like saying the epicness that is vegeta should've been killed off completely just because HE WANTED to hurt people way back when. What's done is done and he didnt actually severely hurt anyone.

mashimashilove
February 11, 2011, 12:46 PM
Not that I actually want Makarov to die but I was thinking of the same thing. All signs point to Mira. *sighs*

(Someone said it's Lucy, but that I doubt. I'd go as far as saying that whatever happens in FT even in the future arcs and until it ends, Lucy won't die. She's the narrator, after all. She doesn't seem to be narrating the story from a dead character's point of view, if that makes sense. And she said she'll be a part of this arc "in a special way". Dying isn't something you'd call special :p)

i agree with you there, it definitely is too soon for Lucy to die. but reading this, i just thought of how awesome it would be that, in the end, lucy was dead and narrating the story, like telling her mom or something like that, or someone was reading a book she wrote about her fairy tail adventures before she died. :tem

White Silver King
February 11, 2011, 05:04 PM
turning them to stone and setting up the lacryma are the worst things he did.

and you're missing the point about fairy law. it failed because laxus didnt really want to hurt them, not because he was weak or inexperienced. He didnt REALLY think FT was his enemies.

they didnt get smashed to bits, and they didnt blow up on the town.

thats like saying the epicness that is vegeta should've been killed off completely just because HE WANTED to hurt people way back when. What's done is done and he didnt actually severely hurt anyone.

Let me ask you something. If someone attempted multiple times to kill everyone in your town, including yourself, are you going to just be like ":Haha Don't worry about it! It's like totally OK! You wanna be the leader of my people now?"

....No.

luffyg2
February 11, 2011, 11:47 PM
Laxus tried to killed the people in town and made friends fight each other and he didnt knew fairy law would not work.. so whatever is intention were in the end he did the wrong thing and you cant excuse him just because he failed his plan and his fairy law

ca12nag3
February 12, 2011, 06:49 AM
Another thing to concider is that maybe the "legacy" of Makarov isnt automaticaly > you are the next guild leader.

There are some contradictions regarding succeeding as guildleader

-Hades/Purito and Makarov so far seem not blood related. Thus there is no need for a bloodrelation to succeed as leader.
-Makarov himself worried about who he would put forward as the next leader, he mentioned Erza, Laxus and Mystogan.
-Also its never mentioned anywhere in the Fairy Tail world that bloodrelation is needed for positions on either council, or as Guild leader.

-The only pro-Laxus as next in line is when Mira sugested it > he is his grandson towards Lucy.
-And if you read it that way that wich is shown this arc about Laxus.

Back to the chapters! Im looking forward to the next fights and most of all what happend to Mirajane T_T

Ero-Sanji
February 12, 2011, 07:24 AM
Let me ask you something. If someone attempted multiple times to kill everyone in your town, including yourself, are you going to just be like ":Haha Don't worry about it! It's like totally OK! You wanna be the leader of my people now?"

....No.

I know and understand that people are going to have hard feelings about his return but they forgave Fried and the others so they can forgive Laxus, and as Makarov forgave Gildartz for his being and not his actions so will FT forgive Laxus.

ca12nag3
February 12, 2011, 09:05 AM
I know and understand that people are going to have hard feelings about his return but they forgave Fried and the others so they can forgive Laxus, and as Makarov forgave Gildartz for his being and not his actions so will FT forgive Laxus.

You forget that Makarov expelled Laxus for a good reason, he is the instigator and as leader of his team he had to take responsibility for his actions. Natsu didnt want him to be expelled either.
But its for Fairy Tail that he got expelled. Also the Page says successor, successor as guildleader? Its easy to think that but its not like anyone but a guildleader can undo a exile.

Another thing to concider is this, all guilds answer to the council, granted afairs are kept internal but you think theyd just accept a laxus who wrecked half the town for his own maniacle wish to sit at the table and discuss important matters as a guildmaster?

Ero-Sanji
February 12, 2011, 10:57 AM
You forget that Makarov expelled Laxus for a good reason, he is the instigator and as leader of his team he had to take responsibility for his actions. Natsu didnt want him to be expelled either.
But its for Fairy Tail that he got expelled. Also the Page says successor, successor as guildleader? Its easy to think that but its not like anyone but a guildleader can undo a exile.

Another thing to concider is this, all guilds answer to the council, granted afairs are kept internal but you think theyd just accept a laxus who wrecked half the town for his own maniacle wish to sit at the table and discuss important matters as a guildmaster?

No, haven't forgotten anything:amuse

Makarov will never ever let go of Laxus, he refuses to let him go down the same road his son did. Therefore Makarov will always keep an eye on him as he promised. He belives in Laxus as the truthful heir to his will. But! He saw Laxus as a baby who lacked experience not in power but in life. So he sent him off in hope that he returns as a better man, which he will:D

And, yes, Laxus nearly blew up the town but FT cooperated with Gerard. Now in the eyes of the Council I wonder which is worse? Also how do we know that the council knows of the chaos at the ceremony? The townsfolk thought it was just the guild being more festive that year and I don't think the guild reported the matter to the council.

ca12nag3
February 12, 2011, 11:52 AM
Your just forgetting about what he did. A guildleader needs complete trust and dedication from his/her members, and nothing says that Makarovs will is the same as being the guildleader of FT. Perhaps its something different all together. Nobody ever called being the guildmaster someones will. Even the scene between Hades/purito and Makarovs past it didnt look like a will was passed to him.

So the gravity seems out of place. Laxus is a nice character indeed but still a lot has to happen for him to be guildleader. Unless this turns into a pokemon show where everyone turns out ok the next chapter without explanation ^^

swordsaintscoot
February 12, 2011, 11:52 AM
laxus did a bad thing with good intentions because he was heaps misguided.

forgive him, this is manga not real life.

kkck
February 12, 2011, 12:04 PM
Luxus will return to the guild eventually. That much has been stated and foreshadowed a number of times. Luxus did something terrible but the same forces that stop characters from dying in shounen manga will eventually help luxus return to fairy tail.

LoS
February 12, 2011, 12:07 PM
I can tell people really want this chapter to come out, it's been a full day discussing Luxus and Makarov as master and the events which took place 3 arcs ago.

Ero-Sanji
February 12, 2011, 04:29 PM
Your just forgetting about what he did. A guildleader needs complete trust and dedication from his/her members, and nothing says that Makarovs will is the same as being the guildleader of FT. Perhaps its something different all together. Nobody ever called being the guildmaster someones will. Even the scene between Hades/purito and Makarovs past it didnt look like a will was passed to him.

So the gravity seems out of place. Laxus is a nice character indeed but still a lot has to happen for him to be guildleader. Unless this turns into a pokemon show where everyone turns out ok the next chapter without explanation ^^

You're clearly missing the point:s
I never stated that he will become the guild leader, even though much points towards that. What I'm saying is that Makarov believes in him and always will since he won't let Laxus fall into the pit of darkness that Ivan did.

And yeah it's like LoS stated the absence of a chapter has made us restless.

Sevenheadedmirror
February 12, 2011, 07:07 PM

... What did Gildarts did that needs to be forgiven?

I don't remind this ever happening. I mean, don't take this as a mock but an actual question... when was he forgiven? and about what?

kamakazi_1996
February 12, 2011, 07:07 PM
Hmm... maybe her arm was cut off and hearth pierced, so last moments of her life she spent crying... about miserable life of Alcoholic.

hahahahahahahahah LMAO :D that made me LOL

i do admit if she died i wouldn't feel that much of an impact but still i dont want her to die because i haven't really seen much out of her, and im interested to know about her, this arc is supposed to be about her, about why she wants to be an s-class so badly and also her brother, which im curious to know about

Ero-Sanji
February 14, 2011, 11:00 AM
... What did Gildarts did that needs to be forgiven?

I don't remind this ever happening. I mean, don't take this as a mock but an actual question... when was he forgiven? and about what?

Haha, always mix it up between Gildartz and Gajeel sorry.