PDA

View Full Version : Gold Knight's Ten Comments (Naruto 335)

Gold Knight
December 14, 2006, 10:00 PM
http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/3299/00yz7.jpg
Time to bust some heads!

Yo! Guess what, I found a bit of time to do an early review for once. Hope you guys enjoy, although I don't plan on replying to anybody again until Monday at the soonest. That's when I'll be back to full activity.

Thanks to Touch for delivering the RAW to us once again (I may have to nickname him "Mailman" because he's as reliable as a good one...), Winny, NJT (Woah, that son of a gun is back to translating!), and Hisshou for the translations, and all the various scanlations that come out for our enjoyment. I'll be using Hakabakashii's MQ scanlation for some of this one, but will also use the RAW because of the grays being particularly bad in some areas of the scanlations. (No offense to anybody intended - I think it's actually just better to read the RAW in gray-scale format with a translation unless you know how to make your scan closer to a HQ... I've noticed that in most LQ-MQ scanlations a lot of the art is lost in transition, and I don't like that.)

I'd also like to thank all the International Translators we have here who try to make the latest Naruto chapters more accessible to any non-English-reading fans. Boy, seems like we have an ever-growing list of new International Translators every month. Just today, for this new chapter, we had two German translations, two Swedish, two Spanish, one French, one Russian, one Portugese, and one Polish translation!

Pretty impressive to have such a variety of different countries represented here, so thanks for all your hard work, guys.

Hope you have fun with reading this week's Naruto Comments and feel free to discuss and comment. :)

* * * Gold Knight's Ten Comments on Naruto Chapter 335: The Terrible Secret! * * *

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8169/01ip9.jpg
I'm never coming to another Akatsuki barbecue party again!

1. Tyger! Tyger! ...burning bright, in the forests of the night, what immortal hand or eye could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Seems like Kishimoto might've been a bit inspired by William Blake's poem in the opening act of this chapter, doesn't it? I mean, after all, we start out seeing Hidan, the self-named "immortal," slyly using Kakuzu's spreading inferno as an opportunity to strike out of the treetops with his scythe. All to try to draw blood from at least one of the dazed and distracted Leaf nins.

Good thing that Shikamaru's team had been lucky enough to have an accompanying silver-haired jounin who was more than capable of moving quick enough in order to deflect Hidan's attacks and keep the others safe, eh!

So, basically, seems as though whenever Kakuzu and Hidan "team up," though, Kakuzu provides the distraction so that Hidan can act as an efficient sniper.

I suppose that's why Ino considered their teamwork as "flawless", but I have to think that Hidan doesn't really have any more tricks up his sleeves after seeing this type of teamwork being their preference. It'd be pretty absurd if, say, Kakuzu was defeated later on and Hidan finally pulls out some jutsus of his own that we haven't seen before that would have helped him here.

Though, I suppose one can explain that away by saying that Hidan just wants to save his chakra so that he can do his "voodoo" whenever he can. But I'd think it would just be more efficient to chain together jutsus to create instant death rather than trying to strike at each shinobi individually and kill one after another. That'd get rather tedious after a while. I guess they're hoping that somebody will eventually stumble and get caught in one of Kakuzu's maelstroms, though, making their job all that much easier.

http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/8872/02ff8.jpg
I know, you just want to tear his mask off, don't you?!

2. A Ripped Kakashi!? I didn't even think about it while reading the chapter the first two times, but once I got into some conversations with a few Naruto fangirls, I realized that to them a single rip of Kakashi's mask increased his sex appeal even more than if he had been stripped bare by Kakuzu! Talk about subtle fanservice!

Heh, and Kakuzu might not be finished tearing Kakashi's clothes up, with the way he's burning and slicing everything up. I predict at least a sleeve being torn off at some point. Stay tuned, all you drooling fangirls...!

I always knew Kakashi was a sexy devil, though...!

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4641/03rb4.jpg
A very perceptive bunch, aren't they?

3. Analysis of Death. Whenever Shikamaru is involved, I understand that naturally some strategizing has to be involved, but sometimes Kishimoto can overdo the chatter.

I think that was the main problem that readers had with the Sakura-Chiyo-Sasori battle - there was too much prelude to the actual fighting. But that actually doesn't bother me quite as much as the fact that Sasori was just standing there, waiting for them to come to a nice and convenient conclusion of how to defeat him, which they eventually did (though not without surprises.)

Guess what? We see Kakuzu and Hidan doing the same thing here. You know, if I was a villain in Naruto, and I had the advantage, I wouldn't give my opponents a chance at all to regroup and discuss how to defeat me - especially if Shikamaru and Kakashi's involved!

Kakuzu and Hidan should have kept on attacking furiously. Besides which, Shikamaru could have explained in fewer words what was going on, especially since his teammates aren't that dumb themselves. I do feel like Kishimoto tends to draw out these conversations so that he's able to save more material for future chapters.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7818/04lj2.jpg
Kakuzu's family portraits must be something else...

4. Kakuzu's an Alien! Hey, he's not a normal human if he's able to have five hearts! Okay, just being silly here, don't mind me.

Guess everybody who theorized that Kakuzu could "move" his heart around in his body as to avoid Kakashi's Raikiri turned out to be correct - with an unexpected twist! Actually he had five hearts to control! Well, make that four, now... still, must be nice for him that he won't have to worry about going into cardiac arrest in his old age!

Although, I wonder if one decided to strike at the heart that stayed inside Kakuzu's body while the other hearts were "floating around" in their own corporal bodies, would that spell his defeat regardless? Probably not...

Unfortunately, you know, Kakuzu's not all that much different from the late Sasori. He's puppetting himself too, by using his "captured hearts" and the chakra stored in them in order to release elemental terrors. Reminds you a lot of Sasori's hitokugutsu, doesn't it? It's almost as if Kishimoto thought up Kakuzu while writing Sasori. At least Kakuzu has a different enough (and cool) design, I suppose.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6646/05ah1.jpg
Time for you to start respectin' your elders, Hidan!

5. Hidan, You're IT! Heh, with the sudden realization that they would have to go to a lot of trouble of defeating Kakuzu (by having to kill him "four times"), Team 10 plus Kakashi had to refocus once again on Hidan as their primary target.

So to recap: they've gone from Hidan (in the first battle) to Kakuzu (last couple of chapters) and back to Hidan (now) again. And nobody's still defeated yet.

How quickly a plan can fall apart when you don't know that much about your opponent, eh? I guess that's why all the ninja countries go to such trouble of making all these bingo books.

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/3806/06ex8.jpg
Whatever happened to the good ol' days where [i]I bossed the guys around?

6. Here We Go Again... Seriously, if Kishimoto keeps up portraying his female characters as weak, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets attacked by feminists walking on the sidewalk one of these days.

You guys know what I mean, right? I mean, it's no secret that the poster girl for anxiety and uncertainty in probably all of manga is Hinata, and that still seems to be the case even now. But that's somewhat okay with me - since Hinata has always been that way, anyway, and her struggle to overcome her timidity is an interesting story that's obviously still in progress.

But what about the other gals? Yes, Sakura used to feel like she was useless to her team too, but she had already redeemed herself in the beginning of Part 2 by turning into a powerhouse. Good for her, right? And although I still feel Ten-Ten is the most underdeveloped character in the whole series, she did show a lot of confidence fighting against Kisame. Even against Temari, she felt like she had a chance.

So that leaves only Hinata as the sole insecure kunoichi now, right?

Guess not.

Ino, one of only two kunoichi in the whole series who I never felt like she had to prove anything (the other being Temari), actually seems to have regressed and started feeling sorry for herself. Judging by her reaction to Shikamaru's refusal of her using her Mind-Body Switch jutsu, anyway, she doesn't feel as useful and apparently she's taking it hard at the moment.

No wonder that she's now second fiddle to Shikamaru, after being once the proud leader (well, maybe "bossy princess" would be a more correct term) of Team 10.

Still, maybe it's just as well for story purposes. Ino has always been the strong one, and now Sakura has stepped into that role. Might make for a good dramatic storyline coming our way sometimes in the future.

http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/4995/07tt0.jpg
Kakuzu: WTF!! They're plotting something!!! I know it!!!

7. A Hidden Trump Card? Okay, a few weeks ago, I neglected to mention the scene where Shikamaru gave Kakashi something before they went out on their mission. That was mostly because I didn't know what the object could be. I'll rectify that, since we're seeing Kakashi apparently give the object back to Shikamaru, and it's obviously going to be important to the outcome of this battle.

And, yup, I'm going to go with the public opinion here in my prediction. I think Kakashi was able to steal away some of Kakuzu's blood and contain it in order to turn the tables on Hidan if he works his "voodoo" again. Since Shikamaru decided to be the one to directly confront Hidan, I think this is exactly what's going on, yeah.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6051/08tt6.jpg
What's next? Shadow parachutes?

8. A Flexible Knight...!! Surprised I didn't think of it myself before, but if Shikamaru's able to injure his opponents with his "shadow tendrils," it makes perfect sense that he could use them as secondary "hands" to pick up objects and throw them, as he did with a chakra blade here! Shikamaru's going to have to really stock up on kunais now and become a male Ten-Ten! Heh.

Wonder if his shadows can also protect him, too - imagine Kakuzu, for example, throwing a kunai at Shikamaru as he's stuck in his "Kagemane" pose, and a shadow tendril reaching up and grabbing it in mid-air, and slinging it right back!

Though that'd probably take pretty precise control - but Shikamaru's probably been practicing for a while.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9446/09eo8.jpg
Gotcha, sucker...!

9. How is Hidan NOT Like Naruto? Think about what makes Naruto so formidable in battle.

His knack for unpredictability, right? That's where I think Hidan's similarity to Naruto ends (other than his cruelty, of course.)

I don't think Hidan's clever enough to come up with last-minute ideas in a battle. While escaping Shikamaru's shadows here, I couldn't help but think Hidan was neatly falling into a trap that was set up for him. And why? I think it's because Hidan's pretty predictable all things considered, and Shikamaru knew exactly what he was going to do.

Of course, just a matter of opinion.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2198/10cd8.jpg
Fooled twice? Shame on you...!

10. A Shadow KO! Good scene there at the end with Shikamaru coming out of nowhere and punching Hidan, essentially trapping him into his Kagemane no Jutsu with the contact by their shadows as well. Pretty clever art on Kishimoto's part, too. I liked it.

And also pretty satisfying to see Hidan be outwitted once again. He's not having a good day at all. Though, when you think about it, Shikamaru being physical in close-range combat - I don't blame Hidan for being surprised at all. We've never seen Shikamaru do that before ourselves, and I was also taken aback too.

Glad to see he doesn't depend on his shadows so much that he's been neglecting his taijutsu, heh.

RATING: 4 of 5 - I liked how Shikamaru took care of Hidan, but - and I know it's funny that I say this, after saying the last two chapters were mostly action and not a lot of story - but we could have used a little more meaningful action in this one. The explanation of Kakuzu's "hearts" took too long and I would have liked to see more developments, either action-wise or story-wise. Still, not a bad chapter at all - but Shikamaru's Kagemane is actually getting a little old for me now. Hopefully we'll see more from Chouji and Ino from here on.

Predictions: With Hidan nullified, we'll probably see Chouji and Kakashi work together to take care of at least one or two of Kakuzu's creatures. Somehow I don't think Ino is going to be involved in this battle too much until the end when she can afford to take a bit of a risk.

Credits: Thanks to Hakabakashii's MQ scanlation, Touch for the RAW, and our translators here again.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7162/finlx7.jpg
Hidan can hardly wait to find out what happens next...!
Comment away ^^

weixiaobao
December 14, 2006, 10:06 PM
Great comments like always :smile-big....
I think Hidan and kakuzu not attacking team 10 and kakashi while they talking is because they're also tired themselves... and maybe they felt rude if they attack (wonder if they are really bad guys, LOL)
-Kakuzu is definitely a med nin, although he resemble Sasori's att, but his is more deadly and vary...
-I dun think Naruto have a better chance than Hidan if he was to battle shika...
-if i remember correctly in the filler she can use mind confusion jutsu or something like that, but i guess it just filler, her taijutsu not supposed to be bad either. (Ino)
-Hidan surprise me with his taijutsu.... he pretty skill with his weapon..

-Sorry fan girls, Kakashi never gonna revealed his face, when he does it that meant he is about to died (but i may be wrong) ... :o

mugen
December 14, 2006, 11:13 PM
great comments
keep it up!!!

kiddo7
December 14, 2006, 11:14 PM
Yay, This arc is just making me love shikamaru more and more. I was hoping that kakashi would step back a little and let team10 show what they are really made of. I think he is wasting chakra being too protective. But now that they split up I guess ther is a slight chance...
Anyway great chapter, part two will be the "poop" when it is finally animated. I so can't wait

cno
December 15, 2006, 01:31 AM
This chapter was dragged out wayyy to much, in alot of area's. There were like 3 pages dedicated to Shikamaru trying to capture Hidan, and another 3-4 dedicated to explaining how Kakuzu works.

I don't have a problem with them stopping mid battle, to explain shit, because obviously it isn't for whats going on in the story. It is to inform the reader of whats going on, because I'll be honest I was pretty confused as to how kakuzu worked, and I'm looking forward to learning more.

As for Ino being useless, I don't know if thats true yet. Ino is the only medical ninja there, even if she isn't as advanced as Sakura. If she were to die trying to capture Hidan, it could mean the end for 1 or even 2 more people. Also, like Shikamaru said, her jutsu, leaves her vounerable to attack, which intern makes openings for everyone else to attack.

All in all I like the way this fight is progressing, and if I were to make any predictions I would say that Hidan is going to exit soon, and by exit I mean get killed off. So far he hasn't really impressed me other then that Voodoo jutsu he has, and like what was pointed out above, we really haven't seen any other jutsu's from him to think he's hiding anything. I also think this is going to happen because, Kakuzu often expresses unhappiness with Hidan, and if I were him i'd be upset too. Hidan is way too overconfident and rash in battle, and doesn't think things through because hes "immortal".

Look for Hidan to take a hit and for Kakuzu to break free of him at the first possible chance.

Gold Knight
December 15, 2006, 01:57 AM
@ movingstone - hm, I suppose Hidan and Kakuzu probably would be tired after spending six days meditating, so you've got a point here. But I expect all the Akatsuki to have pretty high endurance and tolerance. They may have said that Kisame has the most chakra of the whole bunch, but if Kakuzu's able to draw from four other hearts and their chakra, he's up there too. And if Hidan's immortal, he probably never runs out of gas, either.

Not sure about Kakuzu technically being a med nin, to me he seems more of a 'mad scientist' or repairman as I mentioned in a previous chapter. Uses a different type of technique. But I suppose when you get down to it, he probably knows how to perform surgery with the best of 'em, so you might as well call him a med nin.

I do think Naruto would have a better chance against Shikamaru, in much the same matter that the Joker always seems to give Batman fits. Joker's unpredictability is his trump card and with it he's able to catch Batman off guard all the time. Plus Naruto obviously has more raw power and I think he would be able to break himself out of Shikamaru's shadows pretty easily using the Kyuubi. Remember, Shikamaru had extreme difficulty holding Hidan in place.

That would be cool if Ino would be able to confuse people, but that'd be more genjutsu than her usual ability.

Kakashi isn't going to be unmasked no, but you know how some guys are like "women are more sexy with SOME clothes than naked?" I think girls think the same with guys for the most part anyway. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me ladies :D

@ Mugen - thanks.

@ kiddo7 - just say "the shit" rather than "the poop" ( I never liked saying poop, I'd rather say shit - just sounds better if you HAVE to say it, lol. ) Anyway, I agree that the anime should hopefully be spectacular when it finally gets to Part 2. I'm hoping the animators are going to be great. I haven't actually been all that impressed with the animation for the Naruto series except for a handful of episodes.

I agree that Kakashi should take a step back to Team 10 in the spotlight, but I also think the same of Shikamaru as well. I mean, he can't completely be out of the fight - he's their de facto leader right now after all - but I want to see more from Ino and Chouji in particular. Right now, this battle is kind of going like the one Gai and his team had with the Kisame-dud. They all got to show their stuff but Gai was the one who finished it. I think Shikamaru's gonna finish this one in similar fashion.

@ cno - I agree that an explanation on Kakuzu was necessary for the readers' sake, but Kishimoto could have done a better job writing it so that they had a reason to have the time to figure it out. For example, they could have momentarily lost each other in the smoke rising from Kakuzu's inferno that had just erupted. Simple as that.

I'm not saying that Ino isn't useless and in fact she's shown a lot of improvement as a scout, healer, and so forth, but obviously she's feeling that way right now in a direct battle. Kind of similar to how Sakura used to feel useful only as the "brains" of the team, but otherwise couldn't contribute that much.

I agree that Hidan will probably be a goner here. I think he's already shown all his stuff and I don't think there's much room for Kishimoto to improve on his abilities that we've already seen. Kakuzu on the other hand, is extremely important to the Akatsuki as both a banker and apparent healer, and it probably would cripple the organization if they were to lose him. At the very least it'd be a big setback. And I see a lot of potential for Kakuzu's abilities to grow stronger over time. So yeah, I think Hidan's gonna die in this battle, and Kakuzu is going to escape. :thumbs

bax
December 15, 2006, 02:24 AM
Okay first, Kakuzu is weirder than Hidan >.<

Now, about Kakuzu. Well, I say he has an unfair advantage on his side. Literally means, he can have any Elemental Manipulation he wishes for. Just imagine someday if Kakuzu manages to get Yamato ^^ Anyway, here is my observation on Kakuzu. The fact that he can use every manipulation theorically, means that he must have a big weakness hidden somewhere. My bet will be on the rotation of elemental attacks he can use or the limitation on the power of those elemental attacks depends on whose hearts Kakuzu took.

I view Hidan and Kakuzu's power as a secret technique (like Satetsu), not Kekkei Genkai. They would be too powerful to be Kekkei Genkais. Perhaps Kakuzu's body is liquid, not too far-fetched since he's from the Waterfall.

Once I thought Hidan is the uber Akatsuki, but since Kakuzu showed us his true power, it seems that Kakuzu has taken the center stage completely, although I believe Hidan still has some more hidden powers to show us all.

Now, what about Shikamaru's plan? What do you think GK? I don't think it's wise, but Kishi may has a plan for them. Kakashi/Chouji vs Kakuzu and Ino/Shikamaru vs Hidan? The plan is probably to stall Hidan while waiting for Kakashi and Chouji to finish off Kakuzu then coming to help them. But, how long Shikamaru/Ino can stall Hidan, and how short of time Kakashi and Chouji can defeat Kakuzu?

And hey.... can someone rip Kakashi's mask already :rant

Good as always :kkthumbs

Raseru
December 15, 2006, 02:36 AM
Great comments as always, GK.

First off, I completely agree with everone that says that this chapter was dragged out too much, it would have been much better if the was a little more action, as you said, GK.

As for that thing concerning Kakashi's mask, I think Kishi is teasing all those Kakashi-fangirls. You see, last chapter only a little bit of the mask was ripped, but this chapter, more was ripped. If this keeps up, we'll get to see more and more of his cheek...

Yep, I totally agree, the ratings for Naruto Shippuden will skyrocket when its animated. I think in Japan, some of them don't mind the fillers... eh, there will be a massive leap in downloads for us people here on the Intyweb.

I want to see Chouji and Ino in action (especially Ino <.<)! I mean, yeah we got a glimpse of Chouji's old jutsu with a new twist to it. But I want to see how much both of them have grown. BTW, I think Shika's letting his lust for revenge get is the way of his common sense, sure he's got a plan figured out, but I don't think he can finish an Akatsuki off by himself.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Lol, I thinks Kazuku is by far the weirdest we've seen out of the Akatsuki that have fully revealed their powers. I mean Itachi for example, wicked strong nin with MS. What has he done? Killed his best friend to get that MS... thats not much compared to Kazuku. Itachi is way cool and all, but next to Kazuku, the ways he has led his life are much more gruesome. He's kinda like a butcher of some kind.

fatboy812000
December 15, 2006, 03:04 AM
Cool comments as usual and heres another take on the akatsuki teamwork sorry if some1s already mentioned this but the impression i got was that hidan attacks u and kakuzu uses a massive elemental strike to blast both u AND hidan knwing hidan would more or less be unaffected because of their immortality thing ,i mean in a battle wat could more assuring than the fact that u could bust out a nuke size attack in the area and ur team mates wouldnt be hurt it takes a whole lot of pressure off ur mind. and as for shikamaru now u've got him wat do u do wit him

Absolutio
December 15, 2006, 05:30 AM
Great comments as expected from GK :P

I wonder what's with the backup team.. Kishi could at least show us who is the back up team.. =\

Yea.. this chapter wasn't involved with too much action.. Still, was worth it to see Shikamaru actually punching :D

yeste
December 15, 2006, 06:58 AM
You know, at first I thought that Kakazu’s jutsu looks to much like Manji’s immortal worms (BoTI), but now I dunno what to thing :p

Nice review GK, and thanks for writing it this early!!! That’s always nice! :)

OK then, here are some of my thoughts…

At the end of the previous chapter, with that cliffhanger about that fire jutsu, I really didn’t know what we’ll see at the beginning of this one… To say the least, I kind of expected them to have more trouble escaping it than this… I don’t mind that but it looks to me like they evaded this powerful fire jutsu a bit to easy? If they can evade it that easily, then why did Kakashi had to defend them against that lightning jutsu that came before the fire one? Is lightning faster than fire???(I’m joking about that :p)…
Though, that’s not that important… :) Just an observation :p

About Hidan attacking Kakashi… And commenting how good Kakashi is… Heh… He had that same kunai against Zabuza’s sword fool!!! And it was enough then, and it was enough now!!! That’s Kakashi for you. I mean how do you expect to hit a man with a sharingan? :) Hidan’s no match for the copy ninja!!! One on one, it would be over within minutes… :)

The sexy junin??? :p Kishimoto is just playing with the fangirls!!! We’ll never see his face! :p

OK, so maybe the analysis of Kakazu was dragged a little (a little???), but we’re kind of used to that with Kishi, right? What I found interesting instead is that Kakashi asked Shika how to fight. Now this was interesting for me for several things… First it shows just how much Kakashi believes in Shikamaru. In this situation, it wouldn’t surprice me if he had taken control of the team, but he didn’t. It’s team 10’s show, and he’s there just to look out for them. And they’re hear for Asuma. Kakashi knows that and doesn’t want to take that away from them… Just a bit of reminiscence…

Don’t know what to say about the moving hearts concept… It seemed unbelievable to me, but I guess it proved to be right on… Kind of… :)

About Ino… I agree… kind of disappointing… too bad! I really wanted to see more from her… And expected her to be somewhere near Sakura… well…

It is very possible that their trump card is just that GK. I had my theory (another weak one :) )about this, concerning that thing that Shika gave to Kakashi… Since we don’t know if that thing is this thing that Kakashi gave to Shika just now… Anyways, I also think that in that vial is something that’ll be used against Hidans curse…

Shikas shadow jutsus really are good!!! And these two Akatsukis are in very much trouble with this jutsus… I wouldn’t be surpriced if shadow jutsu’s turn out to be blood limit… OK maybe I’m overkiling it a bit here, but they are something like Nara family jutsus, for all we know… And they do turn out to have such a wide specter of use!

Not thinking too far ahead, eh Hidan? :) Shika might be physically weaker, but the ways he OWNS Hidan every time is just funny!!!

You know, at first I thought Shika landed a punch to Hidans face there… But after talking with some people here, it looks like they just crossed fists. But still it’s amazing that Shika actually threw a punch!!! His first one ever!!! (That we saw!!!)… The capturing scenario was great, and it made this chapter really good for me… :)

Anyways, that’s just how I saw it guys… :)

Thanks for the review GK… As good as always!!!

Luckas
December 15, 2006, 07:36 AM
Great comments GK, followed by a very enjoable discussion here. Just 2 things: I belevied Hidan is immortal after his vodoo jutsu, but immortality seems to be a normal condition to him, which seems unfair, maybe there some drawback somewhere. And about the vial thing, I think it could be a paralazing poison agianst Hidan, seems logical to me.

kiddo7
December 15, 2006, 11:31 AM
@ kiddo7 - just say "the shit" rather than "the poop" ( I never liked saying poop, I'd rather say shit - just sounds better if you HAVE to say it, lol. )
I chose to say the poop on purpose because I think people don't even hear it anymore when words like shit are used, anyway you seldom stop to stink what it is you are saying. So I try to make a point of using less common words.

anyway, There is moesthing else I wanted to coment on. I think it is neat how much Shika refined his skills. Did anyone notice the he was able to to activate kagemane no jutsu this time while mooving and without preforming the seal? now add that to his tossing of knuckleblades all around the place and you have to admit that he has increased his repertoire the most of anyone else so far. he is the first to show a realistic amount of developement in these over the timeskip.

ibra87
December 15, 2006, 05:55 PM
It's nice to read your comments with pics once more! Too much action and not so much story though...

Kudos on the Kakuzu blood thing, I really didn't think of that. It's very likely and pretty unpredictable (in my case at least). Then again, when did Kakashi even have close contact to Kakuzu?

Also Hidan does kinda seem stupid, much like Deidara in the fight against team Gai (he totally ignored the fact that Neji could find him with the byakugan) but I am starting to believe that Hidan will be the one to survive, while Kakuzu dies. Then we'll see how Deidara disses Hidan when he comes all defeated. But damn that immortality thing... First Sasori (more or less), then Deidara (this guy blew up everything, yet survived), after that Hidan and now even Kakuzu? At least not everyone is like Hidan, that's a good thing.

And I still think Ino is going to surprise us all. Remember what Asuma told her? Not to lose to Sakura and I still think that when team 10 will come, Ino will excel in battle. Perhaps then you'll see that she isn't really weak. And I hope that she'll eventually show us more techniques than just the stupid old mind control jutsu that leaves her body undefended. But who knows... (and if she gets someone with the mind control jutsu, how would she be able to control them if even Sakura broke off the jutsu with only the power of will?)

And I wonder what Kakashi can do now.. he can't really use any of the strong jutsu without fainting. He has already use Chidori 4 times (or Raikiri if you would rather call it that) which makes me think that he won't be able to defeat Kakuzu unless the backup comes (and perhaps use the Kakuzu blood theory thing to defeat the last remaining heart of Kakuzu).

SilveryShadows
December 15, 2006, 06:57 PM
Did get time/chance to comment last week, so I'll include some things I typed last week that I think would still be relevant...

Kakashi lost many parts of his clothing last chapter. He also lost his bandages! Although I can't exactly see the injuries.

3. It's like that in every story that I've read/watched/etc. Villains just stand there and wait until (sometimes extremely long) conversation to finish. I'd do the same as what you suggested, if I were a villain in a story.

The hearts.. reminds me more of HP. Destroy them all before enemy can die. Won't go into details..

Although since the other hearts aren't exacly his, can he die if they only stuck the one inside his body? If they can that is.. Seems like it moves on its own or something.

I think the many hearts also explains why Kakuzu's previous partners died, but Hidan is still alive. Kakuzu might had found his partners unworthy, but maybe their heart was useful since they did make into the Akatsuki.

Kakuzu seems more creepy now than before. *fear* Reminds me of Sasori.
Although, I think what they did to their body is different.

-While Kakuzu can detach his body parts like Sasori, Kakuzu's body parts are connected by blood and a moving heart. Sasori uses chakra to control body parts.
(Other theories proven false by this chapter.)

Why does it seem as though Shikamaru is planning some kind of suicide attack? D: The thing he gave to Kakashi at the beginning - now given back to him, seems like some kind of pill?
Rereading what I (saved &) wrote for last chapter, Kakashi had the chakra blades later on last chapter(at least from what I thought), but that's too big to hide under his hand....

I like your theory better, since it doesn't involve Shika's 'doom'.

9. Yet people (some [i]still) thinks/says Naruto isn't smart -_-. Okay, he's not smart when it comes to logic kind of subjects, but there are different types of intelligences. [/Irrelevance&rant]

cno
December 15, 2006, 08:43 PM
@ cno - I agree that an explanation on Kakuzu was necessary for the readers' sake, but Kishimoto could have done a better job writing it so that they had a reason to have the time to figure it out. For example, they could have momentarily lost each other in the smoke rising from Kakuzu's inferno that had just erupted. Simple as that.

I'm not saying that Ino isn't useless and in fact she's shown a lot of improvement as a scout, healer, and so forth, but obviously she's feeling that way right now in a direct battle. Kind of similar to how Sakura used to feel useful only as the "brains" of the team, but otherwise couldn't contribute that much.

I agree that Hidan will probably be a goner here. I think he's already shown all his stuff and I don't think there's much room for Kishimoto to improve on his abilities that we've already seen. Kakuzu on the other hand, is extremely important to the Akatsuki as both a banker and apparent healer, and it probably would cripple the organization if they were to lose him. At the very least it'd be a big setback. And I see a lot of potential for Kakuzu's abilities to grow stronger over time. So yeah, I think Hidan's gonna die in this battle, and Kakuzu is going to escape. :thumbs

Word.

Now that you put it that way about Ino, I agree completly with you're point.

As always love reading you're reviews on the latest chapter.

dfcarolinaguy
December 15, 2006, 10:37 PM
Nice Review and i agree about the ino thing

Robotic Red
December 15, 2006, 11:45 PM
I wonder...

Why do villains let the heroes talk away? I'd take the opportunity to ATTACK! Or maybe they were resting up as well? I don't know...

In a way, Kakuzu reminds me of Elder Toguro from Yu Yu Hakusho, who could manipulate his organs and his body. The parallel here are Kakuzu's hearts; he can move em' about at will.

younzo
December 16, 2006, 11:14 AM
Interesting comments as usal.

About Kakuzu i guess exploding his head would be pointless for some reason...
Though as far as we know he has 5 hearts but only one brain !!

venicia777
December 18, 2006, 04:36 AM
i love the comments GK.

9) i am beginning to agree with you. i know-- how did Hidan become my favorite Akatsuki (probably because his character is refreshing- and lets not forget he is the grim reaper :p)

But honestly, shikamaru is surely getting his revenge on hidan. I love it (talk about a love hate relationship with Hidan from me).

I remember when Naruto and Kakashi met up with a weakened Deidei. Even when Naruto caught up to Deidei he was so resourceful enough to use a bunshin to escape. it looks like kishimoto has made hidan soo full of himself that at times it seems he doesnt even think ahead.

i am really beginning to agree with you-- that he probably has only his immortality and voodoo jutsus. otherwise it will really be appalling if he pulls out an incredible jutsu later that could have saved the day.

i am beginning to also believe with Kishi making us see soo much of Kakuzu's techniques and with Team 10's revenge in the air (not forgetting Hidan's immortality)-- kakuzu may be the one that gets killed. Of course at least one of this pair must die for Asuma's sake even though i think they have shown the best teamwork yet (love hate relationship again). Hidan and Kakuzu sure form a formidable team- an immortal and an omnipotent (elemental omnipotent- kakuzu)- rofl!!!

fremeer
December 18, 2006, 10:26 AM
i think hidan is a one trick pony because according to him he is the slowest and least expierienced of the akatsuki, which means he is probably around kakashi/gai level. The problem is his immortality, if thats ur one trick pony its usually enough. Look at BOTI manji has slacked off and is no where near as strong as some of the other baddies but because he has the worms he can afford to be sloppy. Add in the ability to easily kill ppl when they try to kill u and he is a very deadly one trick pony.
I think kishi should have made kakashi aim at the head and have kakazu have 5 heads cause that would make it so much cooler, too bad its jump so certain creepiness must be toned down

kiddo7
December 18, 2006, 12:50 PM
I don't think it is so much because of the creepyness. But rather the fact that blowing up someones head by thrusting your electrified arm through it is a little graphic for a shounen.

Gold Knight
December 18, 2006, 06:10 PM
Alright, I'm back...!

Now, about Kakuzu. Well, I say he has an unfair advantage on his side. Literally means, he can have any Elemental Manipulation he wishes for. Just imagine someday if Kakuzu manages to get Yamato ^^ Anyway, here is my observation on Kakuzu. The fact that he can use every manipulation theorically, means that he must have a big weakness hidden somewhere. My bet will be on the rotation of elemental attacks he can use or the limitation on the power of those elemental attacks depends on whose hearts Kakuzu took.

If Kakuzu ever gets Yamato, the world is doomed! Hm, I'd think it would be somewhat lame if Kakuzu was able to only use elemental manipulation in a rotation.

I view Hidan and Kakuzu's power as a secret technique (like Satetsu), not Kekkei Genkai. They would be too powerful to be Kekkei Genkais. Perhaps Kakuzu's body is liquid, not too far-fetched since he's from the Waterfall.

I agree.

Once I thought Hidan is the uber Akatsuki, but since Kakuzu showed us his true power, it seems that Kakuzu has taken the center stage completely, although I believe Hidan still has some more hidden powers to show us all.

At this point I actually think Hidan is the weakest Akatsuki we've seen so far (his only saving grace is that he's able to absorb any hits without dying). Maybe he does have something else up his sleeve though - but if he does, I'd bet it would be a summoning jutsu, bring the death god to the world or something >.>

But I agree, Kakuzu's clearly more formidable due to the variety of attacks he can do.

Now, what about Shikamaru's plan? What do you think GK? I don't think it's wise, but Kishi may has a plan for them. Kakashi/Chouji vs Kakuzu and Ino/Shikamaru vs Hidan? The plan is probably to stall Hidan while waiting for Kakashi and Chouji to finish off Kakuzu then coming to help them. But, how long Shikamaru/Ino can stall Hidan, and how short of time Kakashi and Chouji can defeat Kakuzu?

Well, since Shikamaru and Ino can both "stop" Hidan in his tracks with their abilities, stalling is their specialty. Chouji and Kakashi are the more physical combatants, so it makes sense to me that they're going to try to take Kakuzu on. (Would be nice to see Chouji enlarge his foot and use it to kick Kakuzu to the other end of the world... but that's more One Piece-like than Naruto-like, heh.)

And hey.... can someone rip Kakashi's mask already :rant

Like somebody already said, probably will never happen ^^;

Good as always :kkthumbs

Thanks bax! :D

Great comments as always, GK.

First off, I completely agree with everone that says that this chapter was dragged out too much, it would have been much better if the was a little more action, as you said, GK.

As for that thing concerning Kakashi's mask, I think Kishi is teasing all those Kakashi-fangirls. You see, last chapter only a little bit of the mask was ripped, but this chapter, more was ripped. If this keeps up, we'll get to see more and more of his cheek...

Yep, I totally agree, the ratings for Naruto Shippuden will skyrocket when its animated. I think in Japan, some of them don't mind the fillers... eh, there will be a massive leap in downloads for us people here on the Intyweb.

I want to see Chouji and Ino in action (especially Ino <.<)! I mean, yeah we got a glimpse of Chouji's old jutsu with a new twist to it. But I want to see how much both of them have grown. BTW, I think Shika's letting his lust for revenge get is the way of his common sense, sure he's got a plan figured out, but I don't think he can finish an Akatsuki off by himself.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Hopefully Shikamaru ISN'T letting revenge cloud his mind, and he doesn't seem like the type to let that happen to him. But it might work to his advantage if he fooled Kakuzu and Hidan into thinking that he was moving irrationally.

Lol, I thinks Kazuku is by far the weirdest we've seen out of the Akatsuki that have fully revealed their powers. I mean Itachi for example, wicked strong nin with MS. What has he done? Killed his best friend to get that MS... thats not much compared to Kazuku. Itachi is way cool and all, but next to Kazuku, the ways he has led his life are much more gruesome. He's kinda like a butcher of some kind.

Hm, I'd tend to disagree there based on what we know of Itachi. Assuming Itachi did murder his entire clan, then he's as much as a butcher as Kakuzu. Both guys kill to add new abilities to their repetorie.

The key difference is Itachi still looks human. Kakuzu's probably jealous.

Cool comments as usual and heres another take on the akatsuki teamwork sorry if some1s already mentioned this but the impression i got was that hidan attacks u and kakuzu uses a massive elemental strike to blast both u AND hidan knwing hidan would more or less be unaffected because of their immortality thing ,i mean in a battle wat could more assuring than the fact that u could bust out a nuke size attack in the area and ur team mates wouldnt be hurt it takes a whole lot of pressure off ur mind. and as for shikamaru now u've got him wat do u do wit him

Good point. Yeah, Hidan's useful to Kakuzu because of his immortality.

Great comments as expected from GK :P

I wonder what's with the backup team.. Kishi could at least show us who is the back up team.. =\

Yea.. this chapter wasn't involved with too much action.. Still, was worth it to see Shikamaru actually punching :D

Well, I think the back up team will be a surprise. And yeah, Shikamaru's punch was majorly cool ^^

You know, at first I thought that Kakazu’s jutsu looks to much like Manji’s immortal worms (BoTI), but now I dunno what to thing :p

I think that's more like Hidan (especially since his head seems to be healing and grafting itself to his body now). Kakuzu seems to have the ability to control his own body from the inside out and I'm sure with that kind of ability he's able to heal himself just fine.

Nice review GK, and thanks for writing it this early!!! That’s always nice! :)

OK then, here are some of my thoughts…

At the end of the previous chapter, with that cliffhanger about that fire jutsu, I really didn’t know what we’ll see at the beginning of this one… To say the least, I kind of expected them to have more trouble escaping it than this… I don’t mind that but it looks to me like they evaded this powerful fire jutsu a bit to easy? If they can evade it that easily, then why did Kakashi had to defend them against that lightning jutsu that came before the fire one? Is lightning faster than fire???(I’m joking about that :p)…
Though, that’s not that important… :) Just an observation :p

Well, dodging fire's old hat to most nins probably. Lightning wasn't going to work because Kakashi was there, and Kakuzu already tried wind. But of the three, I'd say wind is Kakuzu's best chance of defeating Kakashi and the others. So expect to see more wind in the coming chapters.

About Hidan attacking Kakashi… And commenting how good Kakashi is… Heh… He had that same kunai against Zabuza’s sword fool!!! And it was enough then, and it was enough now!!! That’s Kakashi for you. I mean how do you expect to hit a man with a sharingan? :) Hidan’s no match for the copy ninja!!! One on one, it would be over within minutes… :)

Yeah, they obviously haven't fought Kakashi before.

OK, so maybe the analysis of Kakazu was dragged a little (a little???), but we’re kind of used to that with Kishi, right? What I found interesting instead is that Kakashi asked Shika how to fight. Now this was interesting for me for several things… First it shows just how much Kakashi believes in Shikamaru. In this situation, it wouldn’t surprice me if he had taken control of the team, but he didn’t. It’s team 10’s show, and he’s there just to look out for them. And they’re hear for Asuma. Kakashi knows that and doesn’t want to take that away from them… Just a bit of reminiscence…

If there's one thing Kakashi has respect for, I think it's somebody who can think. Shikamaru's a guy he's probably heard a lot about from Asuma. Wouldn't be surprised if Kakashi had followed Team 10's activities more over the last two years since all his kids were off training with the Sannin.

It is very possible that their trump card is just that GK. I had my theory (another weak one :) )about this, concerning that thing that Shika gave to Kakashi… Since we don’t know if that thing is this thing that Kakashi gave to Shika just now… Anyways, I also think that in that vial is something that’ll be used against Hidans curse…

We can only guess at this point...

Shikas shadow jutsus really are good!!! And these two Akatsukis are in very much trouble with this jutsus… I wouldn’t be surpriced if shadow jutsu’s turn out to be blood limit… OK maybe I’m overkiling it a bit here, but they are something like Nara family jutsus, for all we know… And they do turn out to have such a wide specter of use!

Not thinking too far ahead, eh Hidan? :) Shika might be physically weaker, but the ways he OWNS Hidan every time is just funny!!!

You know, at first I thought Shika landed a punch to Hidans face there… But after talking with some people here, it looks like they just crossed fists. But still it’s amazing that Shika actually threw a punch!!! His first one ever!!! (That we saw!!!)… The capturing scenario was great, and it made this chapter really good for me… :)

Guess it just goes to show how serious Shikamaru was in this battle ;)

Thanks for the review GK… As good as always!!!

Thanks Yeste ^^

Great comments GK, followed by a very enjoable discussion here. Just 2 things: I belevied Hidan is immortal after his vodoo jutsu, but immortality seems to be a normal condition to him, which seems unfair, maybe there some drawback somewhere. And about the vial thing, I think it could be a paralazing poison agianst Hidan, seems logical to me.

That's another good observation, yes, Hidan's immortality does seem to be independent of his voodoo jutsu. It may be that the only way to defeat Hidan is just to cut his head off and then keep it apart from his body. Good theory about the poison (one of the few things that can also kill Manji in Blade of the Immortal, heh.)

I chose to say the poop on purpose because I think people don't even hear it anymore when words like shit are used, anyway you seldom stop to stink what it is you are saying. So I try to make a point of using less common words.

I'd actually avoid just saying the whole phrase at all, but whatever floats your boat ^^

anyway, There is moesthing else I wanted to coment on. I think it is neat how much Shika refined his skills. Did anyone notice the he was able to to activate kagemane no jutsu this time while mooving and without preforming the seal? now add that to his tossing of knuckleblades all around the place and you have to admit that he has increased his repertoire the most of anyone else so far. he is the first to show a realistic amount of developement in these over the timeskip.

More good observations; yeah, Shikamaru did it while moving and it seems as though he can do Kagemane when their shadows are touching.

It's nice to read your comments with pics once more! Too much action and not so much story though...

Kudos on the Kakuzu blood thing, I really didn't think of that. It's very likely and pretty unpredictable (in my case at least). Then again, when did Kakashi even have close contact to Kakuzu?

Well, Kakashi did pierce Kakuzu's chest... I'd say that qualifies as close contact XD

Also Hidan does kinda seem stupid, much like Deidara in the fight against team Gai (he totally ignored the fact that Neji could find him with the byakugan)

...well, Deidara didn't even know Team Gai was in the area, so he couldn't have known Neji was around to find him with the Byakugan.

but I am starting to believe that Hidan will be the one to survive, while Kakuzu dies. Then we'll see how Deidara disses Hidan when he comes all defeated. But damn that immortality thing... First Sasori (more or less), then Deidara (this guy blew up everything, yet survived), after that Hidan and now even Kakuzu? At least not everyone is like Hidan, that's a good thing.

Most of the Akatsuki seem pretty near invincible, when you get down to it. That's why I expect all Akatsuki-related battles to be lengthy.

And I still think Ino is going to surprise us all. Remember what Asuma told her? Not to lose to Sakura and I still think that when team 10 will come, Ino will excel in battle. Perhaps then you'll see that she isn't really weak. And I hope that she'll eventually show us more techniques than just the stupid old mind control jutsu that leaves her body undefended. But who knows... (and if she gets someone with the mind control jutsu, how would she be able to control them if even Sakura broke off the jutsu with only the power of will?)

Yes, but Ino's not faced with outdoing Sakura right now. I agree, though, that Ino will improve, in time.

And I wonder what Kakashi can do now.. he can't really use any of the strong jutsu without fainting. He has already use Chidori 4 times (or Raikiri if you would rather call it that) which makes me think that he won't be able to defeat Kakuzu unless the backup comes (and perhaps use the Kakuzu blood theory thing to defeat the last remaining heart of Kakuzu).

Well, I'm betting Kakashi has improved to use the Raikiri more than just four times, but I do hope we see something else from him right now. He's copied 1,000 jutsus, here would be a good time to use something new, seriously. Especially if Kakuzu feels like he's got the drop on Kakashi with wind but Kakashi uses a fire jutsu instead of his usual lightning jutsu. Then who's got who?

Did get time/chance to comment last week, so I'll include some things I typed last week that I think would still be relevant...

Okay, glad to see you're still enjoying the comments ^^

Kakashi lost many parts of his clothing last chapter. He also lost his bandages! Although I can't exactly see the injuries.

Now why did I forget that? Yeah, Kakashi lost the bandages and showed nothing hurt. Hmm.

Although since the other hearts aren't exacly his, can he die if they only stuck the one inside his body? If they can that is.. Seems like it moves on its own or something.

Wondering that too.

I think the many hearts also explains why Kakuzu's previous partners died, but Hidan is still alive. Kakuzu might had found his partners unworthy, but maybe their heart was useful since they did make into the Akatsuki.

Good theory on how Kakuzu likely got all his hearts. You're probably right there, and that might be why his "creatures" are so powerful.

Kakuzu seems more creepy now than before. *fear* Reminds me of Sasori.
Although, I think what they did to their body is different.

-While Kakuzu can detach his body parts like Sasori, Kakuzu's body parts are connected by blood and a moving heart. Sasori uses chakra to control body parts.
(Other theories proven false by this chapter.)

That's pretty much the difference. That and Kakuzu is still flesh and blood (apparently), while Sasori was a puppet himself except for his "heart."

Why does it seem as though Shikamaru is planning some kind of suicide attack? D: The thing he gave to Kakashi at the beginning - now given back to him, seems like some kind of pill?
Rereading what I (saved &) wrote for last chapter, Kakashi had the chakra blades later on last chapter(at least from what I thought), but that's too big to hide under his hand....

I like your theory better, since it doesn't involve Shika's 'doom'.

Nah, Shikamaru probably won't croak. He's too popular ;)

9. Yet people (some [i]still) thinks/says Naruto isn't smart -_-. Okay, he's not smart when it comes to logic kind of subjects, but there are different types of intelligences. [/Irrelevance&rant]

He just thinks fast on his foot, I suppose you could say, but when nothing's going on, he's as dumb as a brick :D[br]Posted on: December 18, 2006, 06:05:30 PM_________________________________________________

Interesting comments as usal.

About Kakuzu i guess exploding his head would be pointless for some reason...
Though as far as we know he has 5 hearts but only one brain !!

Good point about the brain. That would be one weakness right there. If Kakashi had just delivered the Raikiri straight to Kakuzu's head, he would be a goner right now.

i love the comments GK.

9) i am beginning to agree with you. i know-- how did Hidan become my favorite Akatsuki (probably because his character is refreshing- and lets not forget he is the grim reaper :p)

But honestly, shikamaru is surely getting his revenge on hidan. I love it (talk about a love hate relationship with Hidan from me).

Heh. I think Hidan was just written to evoke exactly that kind of feeling, though.

I remember when Naruto and Kakashi met up with a weakened Deidei. Even when Naruto caught up to Deidei he was so resourceful enough to use a bunshin to escape. it looks like kishimoto has made hidan soo full of himself that at times it seems he doesnt even think ahead.

Yup.

i am really beginning to agree with you-- that he probably has only his immortality and voodoo jutsus. otherwise it will really be appalling if he pulls out an incredible jutsu later that could have saved the day.

i am beginning to also believe with Kishi making us see soo much of Kakuzu's techniques and with Team 10's revenge in the air (not forgetting Hidan's immortality)-- kakuzu may be the one that gets killed. Of course at least one of this pair must die for Asuma's sake even though i think they have shown the best teamwork yet (love hate relationship again). Hidan and Kakuzu sure form a formidable team- an immortal and an omnipotent (elemental omnipotent- kakuzu)- rofl!!!

Well, I still see more potential for Kakuzu to "improve on his tricks" (for example, including other things rather than just the basic elements, or using combinations) for a future battle, than Hidan. Hmm.

i think hidan is a one trick pony because according to him he is the slowest and least expierienced of the akatsuki, which means he is probably around kakashi/gai level. The problem is his immortality, if thats ur one trick pony its usually enough. Look at BOTI manji has slacked off and is no where near as strong as some of the other baddies but because he has the worms he can afford to be sloppy. Add in the ability to easily kill ppl when they try to kill u and he is a very deadly one trick pony.
I think kishi should have made kakashi aim at the head and have kakazu have 5 heads cause that would make it so much cooler, too bad its jump so certain creepiness must be toned down

LoL, 5 heads. That would have made Kakuzu the human Hydra, eh? Eh, couldn't be any more creepier than having five hearts.

SilveryShadows
December 18, 2006, 06:56 PM
Okay, glad to see you're still enjoying the comments ^^
I've always enjoyed reading GK's and the others' comments for as long as I've started reading them. =)

Of all the 'big' battles we've seen Kakashi in(and ones I remember), he seems to leave "dead" opponent alone. He doesn't bother with them any more after just checking that they died, not making 110% sure that his opponent truly died. First with Zabuza during Waves Arc. (I suppose battle Deidara can partly count too?) And Kakuzu... Both (Wave and now) were a Raikiri through the heart, but both times he failed to actually kill opponent. (And both times Raikiri was blocked. Unless this time it did go through Kakuzu's real flesh.)

Perhaps it is irresponsible(?) of him to leave opponents not 110% dead..?

Just a thought.
Not exactly blaming Kakashi (I hope), but... I don't know. I just found the two battles a bit similar?

Pevee
December 20, 2006, 12:09 AM
Nice job GK.
I agree with the Ino comment. She is pretty useless in this kind of battle. She would have to redeem herself somehow.