PDA

View Full Version : Theory Gear 4th will be "Hiken"

soulji
February 02, 2011, 01:50 AM
More specifically, I think Luffy’s 4th gear will be him lighting his haki on fire, like Boa Marigold.

His big move will be Hiken and it will be a combination of (Busōshoku Haki + Gear 3rd) elephant gun and flaming haki.

It would be the perfect way for Luffy to carry on Ace’s “Will of D,” and giving how Luffy's mind works I can picture him coming up with it. And in the future, he can learn to do it without the matches or get Franky or Usopp to make something.

I think it will make Marco cry :)

I would be so awesome.

Lugo
February 02, 2011, 02:29 AM
More specifically, I think Luffy’s 4th gear will be him lighting his haki on fire, like Boa Marigold.

His big move will be Hiken and it will be a combination of (Busōshoku Haki + Gear 3rd) elephant gun and flaming haki.

It would be the perfect way for Luffy to carry on Ace’s “Will of D,” and giving how Luffy's mind works I can picture him coming up with it. And in the future, he can learn to do it without the matches or get Franky or Usopp to make something.

I think it will make Marco cry :)

I would be so awesome.

Well haha I totally agree with ya and that would suppppper awesome to see that happen with Luffy. We've all be seeing Oda giving hints about how more epic Luffy really is underneth all the composed carefreeness. XD lol

But your not the only one who's noticed Luffy's new developments. >X)
Right now, the most frighting and most amazing thing is about the current Luffy isn't neither his new power-uped Speed nor Strength through Gear 2nd and 3rd infused with the 3 forms of Haki. Its his newly acquried extraordinary toughness... Its like he knows what hes doing and he has no hint hestitation within himself plus hes more composed and calm then his usual self, but yet carefree as always LOL. Whatever he did over the last 6 months to improve himself even more after learning the froms of Haki, he must have found a new special ablility of Gear techniques. I bet Oda in his right epical mind of his, he must have given Luffy a new Gear power, maybe Gear 4th like some fans have rumored to say he will achive it and have been wanting to see a new Gear power besides Gear 2nd and 3rd. My Theory on what Gear 4th might be (If it is ture that is lmao), this Gear will enahance Luffy's Tech.s, power, strength, speed and his Haki by Quadruple by 4x his current self. Can you imagen how friggin insanely powerful that is if its true that he can futher go beyond his limits!?

O__o';

RezzieThaRapper
February 02, 2011, 02:41 AM
I thought something like this... but with Vulcanization through Haki... which very well could incorporate flames as well...

kkck
February 02, 2011, 09:18 AM
Gears so far have been specialized uses of his DF. Setting himself on fire through haki would hardly be such a thing so I don't think it would be counted as a gear.

Lord Rayleigh
February 02, 2011, 10:53 AM
I don't think Luffy can set himself on fire without getting seriously injured. I guess Marigold was able thanks to Haki and her snake body.

Blue Walk
February 02, 2011, 02:16 PM
Does "hiken" mean flaming? cuz if it does i truly can picture a "flaming luffy" lol. He'd shoot out so many swear words and insults at you that you'd be mentally defeated lol, and once your spirits broken haoushoku ur ass!

But seriously, how would he even accomplish this? I'm sure his little souvenir from akainu taught him NOT to play with fire (yes, i know its magma but its still hot).

kkck
February 02, 2011, 05:51 PM
I don't think Luffy can set himself on fire without getting seriously injured. I guess Marigold was able thanks to Haki and her snake body.

A snake would be specially sensitive to heat given that it is a cold blooded animal though. I don't think the snake body had anything to do that, it must have been a very specialized use of armament haki. Luffy has already shown he can use armor haki so such a technique is not necessarily out of reach. It would still not be anything even remotely close to a gear though.

Not sure what else luffy could use that would be a gear though. Gears necessarily involve a DF ability so it is a bit complicated. Luffy already went to the extreme of increasing his own blood flow and inflating his bones with air so it is really hard to think of anything else.

Poneglyph420
February 03, 2011, 02:03 PM
Well Hiken translates to Fire Fist, or more so Fire Sword.. So unlesss it involves Luffy Vulcanizing his Gomu Gomu ability and fortifying it with Haki.. Can't see this one panning out. Though it does sound like a fun idea.. Just one with no chance of happening.

I personally hope his new gear (if he gets one) has to do with controlling his density and elasticity..

soulji
February 03, 2011, 03:34 PM
Gears so far have been specialized uses of his DF. Setting himself on fire through haki would hardly be such a thing so I don't think it would be counted as a gear.

I think it's because that's all he had.

I always looked at the gears like "stances" and from those stances luffy could perform a variety of moves. I think flaming haki fits that mold.

Also since the timeskip, luffy hasn't needed to pump his legs to enter gear 2nd. I think it's done mainly with haki now. He's done several jet pistols without the leg pump preparation.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 05, 2011, 03:58 AM
Not sure what else luffy could use that would be a gear though. Gears necessarily involve a DF ability so it is a bit complicated. Luffy already went to the extreme of increasing his own blood flow and inflating his bones with air so it is really hard to think of anything else.

I think if there is a posibility for Luffy to reach Gear 4, it can be him shrinking a bit than he is in his normal state, thus gaining stronger body and getting greater speed and so on.:) I think that is the only posibility.:)

kkck
February 06, 2011, 10:34 PM
Well, I also hope that there will be a gear 4th, I just can't imagine what such a thing would look like... Perhaps now that he has mastered to a new level both of his gears (apparently) he will be able to combine them properly thus forming gear 4. He did so against moria but event hat seemed a tad improvised.

I liked the concept of vulcanization introduced before by some people but if it has to be different than just making him harder and stronger since gear 3 already does that. Perhaps luffy could do such a thing to harden his body and enter a defensive mode of sorts. Since his body would be harder he would be slower perhaps.

Ustegius
February 14, 2011, 03:20 PM
It would be a very cool tribute to Ace, but I doubt it. As said, gears are about flexible (pun: accidental) use of his DF. Lighting himself on fire would hardly be a gear.

And didn't Marigold set her hair on fire, not body? Though still she most likely used very speacialized haki to control it and survive without injuries.

But if Luffy confronts Akainu again, I could see him trying something like that "This is from Ace!" :D

bopnoh10
February 14, 2011, 06:12 PM
A snake would be specially sensitive to heat given that it is a cold blooded animal though. I don't think the snake body had anything to do that, it must have been a very specialized use of armament haki. Luffy has already shown he can use armor haki so such a technique is not necessarily out of reach. It would still not be anything even remotely close to a gear though.

I think that Raleigh gave a big clue about the ability to do more with specific haki specialties, such as marigold's. In addition, Roger who "heard all things" may have had an advanced form of detection and intent.
Rather than a 4th gear, I would love to see Luffy create a new Haki form or show a kind of specialization.
[hr]

Also since the timeskip, luffy hasn't needed to pump his legs to enter gear 2nd. I think it's done mainly with haki now. He's done several jet pistols without the leg pump preparation.

Didn't notice this... wow, awesome. This may not have anything to do with Haki though and just that he has better control of his body. Remember in the flashback how Luffy could never get the gomu gomu pistol to work (it would bounce off the ground), initiating gear 2nd could be similar.

One way that Haki could enable Luffy to do something like put his body on fire is by the armor acting as a protection or resistant coating and thus allowing Luffy to resist being burned. I don't see that happening though

lpc2142
February 15, 2011, 04:05 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned. I have a feeling that luffy trained his body to the point that he can utilise gear 2 and 3 on different parts of his body at the same time. For example he used armament on his arm with gear 3 on his fist for elephant gun. Its possible that he could use gear 2 on his upper arm from his forearm to shoulder. This way he can deal serious damage with ultimate speed but less strain on his body unlike what he did on thriller bark where he used gear 2 on his full body and 3 to inflate himself

minimz
February 15, 2011, 05:09 AM
I'm fairly sure only CoA will help the fire thing. This is because it seems that each sister has their haki strengths. Hancock had CoC, the one on fire had CoA, and the slim one had CoO when fighting luffy (I'm sure the one on fire and the slim one both knew the other Haki, just not CoC, and it just wasn't as familiar to them). I believe this because the slim one, when tied to the one on fire couldn't resist against the fire, and was in pain. As they were fighting Luffy, they each only showed the one they were good at, or at least Oda portrayed that.

kkck
February 15, 2011, 11:12 AM
Well, the sister who used color of observation also used some iron hair thing to fight. I think that would be somewhat comparable to the fire thing in some way. More importantly, there has to be some serious armor haki for her to use hair as hard as iron (so I do doubt observation haki was her specialty so to speak).

Anyways, I still think gears refer to specific and special uses of his devil fruit. I don't think using haki to light himself on fire counts as a gear at all. It is possible he can use haki to modify himself and use his fruit in a special way though.

Uriel
March 01, 2011, 12:17 PM
http://kukriblades.deviantart.com/art/How-gear-4th-works-68598136

A great theory about 4th Gear.

kkck
March 01, 2011, 12:40 PM
Not sure I understand the bit of the overflowing rubber mass.

no_regretsYSL
March 01, 2011, 01:51 PM
I kind of want Luffy's Gear 4th to be just like Nightmare Luffy without the sword proficiency. I mean it is without a doubt the best combination of the first 2 (or second two??) gears. That plus haki would be pretty epic.

Jorge D. Dragon
March 04, 2011, 12:53 PM
LordUriel
That's an interesting theory.:) I actually thought of something like this.:) It would be like the pineacle of his power and combined with Haki it might easily help him to take out the strongest opponents like Yonkou and Admirals, cause it can clearly accumulate immense power in a small form.:)

bopnoh10
March 26, 2011, 06:41 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while and how about hardening his body by becoming smaller? The rubber then becomes more dense..

soulji
March 28, 2011, 04:06 AM
Anyways, I still think gears refer to specific and special uses of his devil fruit. I don't think using haki to light himself on fire counts as a gear at all. It is possible he can use haki to modify himself and use his fruit in a special way though.

I disagree. Cause all of his "named" moves are "specific and special uses of his devil fruit." The gears augment his "named" moves. And Sandersonia's fire armor would add fire and hardness to his "named" moves.

Also, I think the post-timeskip Gear 2nd is all haki cause he doesn't do the leg pumps and still gets steam.

I kind of want Luffy's Gear 4th to be just like Nightmare Luffy without the sword proficiency. I mean it is without a doubt the best combination of the first 2 (or second two??) gears. That plus haki would be pretty epic.

I agree Nightmare Luffy's density would make a good gear 4 but after Ace's death I'm leaning towards Sandersonia's fire armor.

It is the perfect way to carry the will of Ace into the new world.

soulji
October 27, 2011, 09:25 AM
Luffy just used a Hiken Fire Fist, though he was still in Gear 2. :D

Please remember to use spoiler tags when the chapter just got out.

kkck
October 27, 2011, 05:29 PM
:zomg
Just saying lol.

BlackHair
October 27, 2011, 05:49 PM
haha - Excellent prediction. :D

Honestly back then I would have dismissed ur theory immediately. 'Cause I thought this would be too obvious, but glad it turned to be right. Badass looking move. Certainly in my eyes more inspired by Akainu then Ace.

kkck
October 28, 2011, 01:31 AM
^The technique is an obvious tribute to ace, it was by no means inspired by akainu. Heck, "fire fist" was ace's nickname and he even had such a technique. I do wonder what the mechanisms of the technique are though. Does he set his haki on fire? Or perhaps the hardened pores from the hardinging increase cause an increase in temperature due to friction when using it in conjunction with gear 2?

soulji
October 30, 2011, 08:07 PM
:zomg
Just saying lol.

I still think full body flame will count as a gear.

kkck
October 30, 2011, 08:10 PM
^The manga stated that the attack was part of gear two lol. Its fact that the whole hiken thing is by no means another gear. Even the hardening is not another gear lol.

soulji
October 30, 2011, 08:55 PM
^The technique is an obvious tribute to ace, it was by no means inspired by akainu. Heck, "fire fist" was ace's nickname and he even had such a technique.

You're right its an obvious tribute, but the explosion at the end is different. I don't remember any of Ace's attacks exploding like that. It reminds me of Akainu.

^I do wonder what the mechanisms of the technique are though. Does he set his haki on fire? Or perhaps the hardened pores from the hardinging increase cause an increase in temperature due to friction when using it in conjunction with gear 2?

I think your first explanation is the simpler of the two. I think Gear 2nd allows him to punch fast enough to light his haki on fire like Marigold, instead of using matches. I think he then contains/shapes the fire around his hand with Busoshoku, then release it on impact. Explosion.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

^The manga stated that the attack was part of gear two lol. Its fact that the whole hiken thing is by no means another gear. Even the hardening is not another gear lol.

I know, hiken is an attack. I never thought that Hiken would be Gear 4th. I wrote the title like that cause it was catchy. I felt that lighting his whole body on fire like Marigold would be Gear 4th, and he would do moves like hiken from the stance of having his whole body on fire. I envisioned it augmenting all of his moves, Instead of more speed like Gear 2nd or more power like Gear 3rd, it would add fire attacks to moves like Axe or Bazooka or Gatling Gun.