PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 257 Discussion [Bleach]

WinterLion
December 15, 2006, 01:31 AM
Get all your latest chap goodies here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12327.0)._________________________________________________

Now that the raw is out, there's a bit of comic relief from Renji and Dondochakka, and Ishida continues to fight.

Make your next chap predictions here, but remember no spam. ^^

Urazz
December 15, 2006, 07:25 AM
Well, from the initial looks of things it looks like Renji and Dondochakka will be getting their opponent soon. Of course I'd laugh my ass off if they both get prepared to fight just to find out that it is Rukia. That or she sneaks up on them and scares the crap out of them. We haven't seen her in awhile and I think we're due to see her pretty soon.

Silhouette
December 15, 2006, 11:03 AM
Churichi will focus her attack on Pesh after he pissed her off with his slippery spit. To save Pesh's life, Ishida will fight as good as he did few chapters ago showing Churichi who's boss.

Gold Knight
December 16, 2006, 01:02 AM
Agreed with Silhouette. It's pretty easy to know what's going on even without an accompanying translation. Didn't expect Pesh to be a pretty good combatant though but next chapter it'll all be Ishida since Churichi has upgraded her powers.

Fortisdiablos
December 19, 2006, 08:47 AM
What's with the lack of predictions for Bleach guys? Anyway...I think the chapter will take a look at Chado's fight as well as possibly Rukia's situation.

Now...get predicting!

venicia777
December 19, 2006, 09:01 AM
What's with the lack of predictions for Bleach guys? Anyway...I think the chapter will take a look at Chado's fight as well as possibly Rukia's situation.

Now...get predicting!

i know. Lack of predictions- huh!!! i predicted this was going to happen soon enough. Especially since many were disgruntled that ichigo going to save inoue although noble and was just like-- was too familiar to the biggest prior arc-- save rukia or SS arc. i know the situations are different. Meh!!!
well, it is also probably because many members are in their final weeks in school.

ahh!!! i just want to see what Rukia can do now without any distractions. But ishida's fight will probably reach completion in this chapter.

bittman
December 20, 2006, 05:09 AM
I just hope that at some point in this chapter they allude to Chad's fight as well, and actually...I think they probably will. Kubo usually writes things like they are progressing while other scenes are taking place. Since he gave us a hint that Ishida and Chad also met privaron Espada, I expect it to through to Chad for a moment if only to show how he is fairing. That said, I predict it will otherwise work like Sillhouette said, except that we might just see Churichi ownage in this chapter to showcase her skills rather than see any Ishida/Pesh comeback

darentm
December 20, 2006, 11:06 AM
I would rather see Ishda fight than Chado. Chado seems to be turning into an obscure character, kinda like Piccolo near the end of Dragonball Z......... :s
Another thing...........was Chirucchi's iron wheel her shikai (Cause I havent seen, or heard of any Arrancar with shikai) or was she spinning her katana really fast?!?!?!

ttxdragon
December 20, 2006, 06:55 PM
ok, from here on, as the raw is out it's the discussion thread, as always ^^
get the goodies here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12327.0)

Silhouette
December 20, 2006, 07:11 PM
The cover page is red hot
I am starting to like Ishida more and more, first the speed steps(forgot the technique's name) then a badass bow/shield that showers enemies with light arrows, and now a.. sword .....watch out shinigamis. .I love how he becomes calm when he faces his enemies, it makes him look cool. I wonder what he's still got up his sleeve. Ishida's father did a good job restoring his son's powers. It got me wondering if Ishida is that good...can you imagine his father..the legendary Quency?

jairdan6
December 20, 2006, 07:42 PM
it looked like he has an entire pouchful of those sword things. do you think they can be used as arrows or does he just want to start using a sword. watch out ichigo (jk)!

kyubisharingan
December 20, 2006, 09:05 PM
WOW cool chapter. MAn, that sword Ishida has is cool. if one weapon doesnt work, he has another

cravenight
December 20, 2006, 09:42 PM
I don't know, it feels kind of wierd that he has a sword, but it looks cool, and as long as it doesn't like go ban kai, then it fine with me. The comedy was pretty good in this chapter.

hellsblade
December 20, 2006, 10:41 PM
i dun like this idea --.--
hes supposed to be the special one who fights with speed and arrows
We've alrdy got enuff swordds!
o wellz cant change that fact

ttxdragon
December 20, 2006, 10:45 PM
i like this chapter,
although it is a bit hectic and the fun-scene isn't really all that funny.

i like to see that ishida has a sword, because he now got over his big weekness, short range combat.

and from the looks of it, he could probably use those swords as arrows too, which would give some extra awesomeness :)

Urazz
December 21, 2006, 04:59 AM
i dun like this idea --.--
hes supposed to be the special one who fights with speed and arrows
We've alrdy got enuff swordds!
o wellz cant change that fact

Oh, I'm sure Ishida is still going to use speed and arrows as his main weapons but the sword allows him to be able to protect himself in close combat now or if his opponent is able to negate his range attacks like his current opponent does. It covers his one big weakness in that without his range attacks he is pretty much helpless.

spactaa
December 21, 2006, 05:56 AM
I don't think he will play sword to sword against a shinigami or an arrancar, to me it seems more like a short range tool, more than a true sword. Still it makes sense, he can transform is reiatsu in arrows so why not a sword.

Koen
December 21, 2006, 09:48 AM
Great Kubo, you did a great job by giving ishida a new power. Now he has some kind of sword too and I believe this will become his main weapon for chapters and chapters (maybe next one). I never liked that those arrows and bow attacks from ishida. I kinda regretted it. And now kubo gave him and us something new, and it looks awesome.

Sharma
December 21, 2006, 11:01 AM
AMAGAD!

Ishida actually DID get an upgrade per se, can't wait to see how this pans out! :D

Urazz
December 21, 2006, 02:12 PM
I don't think he will play sword to sword against a shinigami or an arrancar, to me it seems more like a short range tool, more than a true sword. Still it makes sense, he can transform is reiatsu in arrows so why not a sword.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's like archers carryiing swords so they won't be as defenseless when swordsmen get in close with them.

Steve
December 21, 2006, 03:35 PM

My guess is that the sword is only a temporary weapon.
I can see Ishida has many scytes to draw out, and I can't believe he will take on a Zoro-like battle with 3 or more swords, therefore my only option is that the sword will vanish after some time.
That things are some Quincy stuff, not Ishida's power directly. This make sense if you think that all Quincies are archers or similar, none of them is said to have close-copmbat styles.

Oh, more than this: but how the hell is that everybody's coming out with a sword in Bleach? The Bounto brat has a swordish doll, the Quincy boy has a lightsabre sword as well..... I really hope that Chad won't go in the same direction.

Urazz
December 21, 2006, 07:37 PM
Oh, more than this: but how the hell is that everybody's coming out with a sword in Bleach? The Bounto brat has a swordish doll, the Quincy boy has a lightsabre sword as well..... I really hope that Chad won't go in the same direction.

Well, the sword is a pretty basic weapon and good for someone who fights with speed and yet still give you good reach to hit something. The only thing better for the speed kind of fighting Ishida does is a dagger but that requires you to get in close and Ishida isn't the close up kind of fighter.

As for Chad, I don't see any reason for him to get any weapon as he is an unarmed kind of fighter. The only thing I could see him getting is spikes on his knuckles or if we really stretch things then claws similar to the ones Wolverine in Xmen has.

Silhouette
December 22, 2006, 07:39 AM
But Chad already got a weapon, he shoots power out of his fist, if the theory of Chad having hallow power is true, then may be an upgrade of such power is...Cero?

jairdan6
December 22, 2006, 03:30 PM
his thing is already a lot like cero, so i don't think he needs another beam type attack. i think (like many others) that he should just get another arm. or maybe he can work on becoming faster or somethign?

hellsblade
December 22, 2006, 05:52 PM
i dunno about it being at temp weapon...
it seemed pretty strong --.--
possibly stronger than his arrows

jairdan6
December 22, 2006, 06:13 PM
well then he might as well be another ichigo and no one (smart) wants that

Silhouette
December 22, 2006, 11:27 PM
I will be very happy if Chad gets a new cooler look and a different type of attack but I think his main attack is theat beam he shoots and it was weak enought to get deflected by a Captain in SS, so upgrading the beam to a Cero wich is the ultimate attack will make Chad indomitable.
I also think that the sword on Ishida is temporary... more of a slicer to cut his way through but not really a main weapon. I think his fight with Cirucci will be determined by speed...which one is faster, now Cirucci moves her wings at sonic speed or beyond ...do you think his Quency movement (fogot the techniques name!) is faster?!

Urazz
December 25, 2006, 05:00 AM
I will be very happy if Chad gets a new cooler look and a different type of attack but I think his main attack is theat beam he shoots and it was weak enought to get deflected by a Captain in SS, so upgrading the beam to a Cero wich is the ultimate attack will make Chad indomitable.
I also think that the sword on Ishida is temporary... more of a slicer to cut his way through but not really a main weapon. I think his fight with Cirucci will be determined by speed...which one is faster, now Cirucci moves her wings at sonic speed or beyond ...do you think his Quency movement (fogot the techniques name!) is faster?!

Well, if the sword isn't temporary then it just may be quite the drain on his strength so it would best be served as a temporary weapon as Ishida doesn't have Ichigo's level of reiatsu.