PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 222 Discussion / 223 Predictions

ghostexiled
February 05, 2011, 07:21 PM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current translation here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/222/)

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/78009984/1

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

LoS
February 12, 2011, 08:18 PM
I don't like RustyRose's character in the slightest, but I am a fan of his magic. Imagination magic, conjuring up whatever your mind pictures is one hell of a magical power.

I did like how Elf and Ever were confident/cocky only to get put in their place. Those two shouldn't be able to defeat any of the 7 kin.

Next week looks like another member of the 7 kin has his/her magic power revealed.

p.s. I am getting real tired of Urtear's fanaticism, she is just annoying now.

shuha27
February 12, 2011, 08:22 PM
I really liked this chapter. Rustyrose's power is awesome. I think it would be really dumb if Natsu gets to fight another Kin member and beat them. Hopefully, that doesn't happen. Ultear is pretty much a weirdo to me. Looking forward to Lucy and Gray's battle with Caprico XD

swordsaintscoot
February 12, 2011, 08:23 PM
I did like how Elf and Ever were confident/cocky only to get put in their place. Those two shouldn't be able to defeat any of the 7 kin.

straight out no, but with a magic like evergreens, the possibility was always there. the chapter was good, REALLY had me going that they had pulled off something there. (it's not like petrifying him would kill him, he'd be back later even if they did pull it off)

jorped
February 12, 2011, 08:25 PM
it was a nice chapter but i just cant wait for the next, he are going to see natsu on action :). also glad that elfsman and ever didnt were able to beat that guy , that shows that they are really going to be a pain in the ass for every fairies in there.

tobeulp
February 12, 2011, 08:30 PM
Another Fairy Tail Bite the dust... I guess the 7 Kins are truly strong... So Evergreen and Elfman are truly a couple now ^^..

LoS
February 12, 2011, 08:31 PM
Seems like next week will be Capricio's reveal. Door of Humanity sounds too close to what his power is.

One line I really don't like is:

"An undying will turns to hope. Fairy Tail's hope is all that can crush the heart of the demons."

Just give up already. Fairy Tail wont and shouldn't defeat GH. Just use this arc as a chance to grow and suffer true defeat.

-Ken-
February 12, 2011, 08:55 PM
Wow, Rustyrose power look broken. All of these newly revealed lost magic put Dragon Slayer to shame.

1337 haxor
February 12, 2011, 08:56 PM
WTF MAN!

MASHIMA YOU BASTARD! YOU SAID THIS WOULDN'T BE AS DARK AS RAVE!

:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying

FT is dying open and soundly and now I want to kill Grimmoire Heart so badly!

Swear to god, besides Meredy and Ultear that jagged piece of crap of a guild is going to get their asses handled in a silverplate!

:arro

sarutobi_sensei
February 12, 2011, 09:05 PM
Oioi, now Elfman and Ever? What the hell is he doing, I honestly hope that they don't die like this...

Making dreams come true? That is more hax than Arc of Time!

Natsu smelled Ur Tear. I wonder what his reaction will be.

kkck
February 12, 2011, 09:44 PM
The more I see the power of the seven kin the more I get the impression they are mimicking a god of sorts. Zancrow as a god slayer had the power and constitution of a god. Urtear controls time. Rustyruse has the power to create stuff. Asuma has the power to utterly destroy so to speak. Interesting stuff, I doubt it is a coincidence. Not sure what exactly could be caprico's, meldy and kain's magic. Caprico perhaps has some space bending related ability based on what he did before.
[hr]

WTF MAN!

MASHIMA YOU BASTARD! YOU SAID THIS WOULDN'T BE AS DARK AS RAVE!

:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying

FT is dying open and soundly and now I want to kill Grimmoire Heart so badly!

Swear to god, besides Meredy and Ultear that jagged piece of crap of a guild is going to get their asses handled in a silverplate!

:arro

Rave was not dark and I really doubt elfman and evergreen are dead. I would find it weird to see lisana being brought back only to murder her siblings right away.

Zeltrax
February 12, 2011, 10:30 PM
This chapter made up for the last chapter, at least for me.
With the defeat of Elfman and Evergreen, we come to one possible conclusion.

Fairy tail is screwed and it has better stay that way, I don't want them to win, I want to lose bad, that is the only way for Natsu to learn that brute force and sheer willpower sometimes can't do anything against this high powered foes.
So, next chapter might be the fight between the three(gray, loki and lucy) against Caprico, or it might be a chapter focus solely on Natsu and Urtear encounter.
Whatever it is, I think it is impossible for Natsu to stand a chance against Urtear at this moment, so him going there will probably just be some talking..maybe about lost magic?

On a side note, where the hell is Zancrow? I'm sure he wasn't dead the last time I saw him. I really want confirmation that he was just temporary taken back and I want him to fight Natsu again.
Seeing how the guy with glasses is that insanely strong, I can't believe Natsu just k'oed Zancrow with one hit.

MonsterEnvy
February 12, 2011, 10:32 PM
hey were did Zancrow go i did not see him over by Natsu's gang did he get up and leave or is he still on the ground he is concious
[hr]

This chapter made up for the last chapter, at least for me.
With the defeat of Elfman and Evergreen, we come to one possible conclusion.

Fairy tail is screwed and it has better stay that way, I don't want them to win, I want to lose bad, that is the only way for Natsu to learn that brute force and sheer willpower sometimes can't do anything against this high powered foes.
So, next chapter might be the fight between the three(gray, loki and lucy) against Caprico, or it might be a chapter focus solely on Natsu and Urtear encounter.
Whatever it is, I think it is impossible for Natsu to stand a chance against Urtear at this moment, so him going there will probably just be some talking..maybe about lost magic?

On a side note, where the hell is Zancrow? I'm sure he wasn't dead the last time I saw him. I really want confirmation that he was just temporary taken back and I want him to fight Natsu again.
Seeing how the guy with glasses is that insanely strong, I can't believe Natsu just k'oed Zancrow with one hit.

you forgot about Cana

i just metioned Zancrow and yes he was very much alive he was not moving around but he did not faint like Natsu

he may have just crawled away

kkck
February 12, 2011, 11:13 PM
Zancrow is probably on the ground very hurt because no one really bothered to heal him. I don't think he is dead though, just in the same state natsu would be was it not for wendy.... Good to see makarov is fine though. A few more sessions of wendy healing should do the trick. Wonder if things will scalate to the point where makarov and hades will actually have their fairy laws clash. That would only lead to mutual annihilation however it could lead to things also being resolved with a tie of sorts.

Fairy tail hasn't lost yet though. Erza is still around and more likely more than a match for beat up asuma. Jubia is reasonably skilled although she could be defeated. Not sure how erza and grey and co would be able to deal with caprico, they seem to be having a hard time for the most part. I really doubt luxus would fail to take out a member of the seven kin. If anything his strength should be overwhelming and he is indeed capable of fairy law.

LoS
February 12, 2011, 11:53 PM
Erza is still around and more likely more than a match for beat up asuma. Jubia is reasonably skilled although she could be defeated. Not sure how erza and grey and co would be able to deal with caprico, they seem to be having a hard time for the most part.

This part is all kinds of wrong.

Erza is facing Meldy, whom many, including myself, believe to be among the very top of the 7 Kins in strength. Also, Azuma is not injured. He got scratched and bruised by Mira, and that is all. But, I do feel that Erza will use her powers of the heart and sway Meldy towards the light.

Erza is not there with Grey and co. it is Lucy(I think you meant her). Caprico won't lose to them I feel.

Zeltrax
February 13, 2011, 12:57 AM
No. Not only did I forgotten about Cana, I also forgotten about Mest.

Wasn't he suppose to be with Wendy or something?
I don't know where this arc is going, I always thought that it is somehow related to Cana and the Council but it seems that I may be wrong.
Cana hasn't been getting any development and I was hoping this arc will be her development arc..

kkck
February 13, 2011, 01:26 AM
I don't think mest is about to go into a fight alongside fairy tail. Most likely he is on his way to report to the council so as to deal with grimmoire heart and zeref. Perhaps the end of this fight won't be with a victory from either guild but rather the council's army forcing both guilds to retreat. Anyways, grimmoire heart is interested in zeref, not erradicating FT as far as we know. In that sense, perhaps the end of this conflict is near.
[hr]
Also, I don't think asuma was merely scratched and bruised. He did not have his guts ripped appart by mira but he made it clear the fight was on the level for him and was shown having trouble. I don't see who else on the island could have been the person mira referred to when she talked about someone defeating asuma other than erza though. Not to mention we do know erza has at least mira's level of strength if not more so if mira was able to get that far against asuma with that little power then erza should be more than a match.

MonsterEnvy
February 13, 2011, 01:39 AM
Zancrow is probably on the ground very hurt because no one really bothered to heal him. I don't think he is dead though, just in the same state natsu would be was it not for wendy.... Good to see makarov is fine though. A few more sessions of wendy healing should do the trick. Wonder if things will scalate to the point where makarov and hades will actually have their fairy laws clash. That would only lead to mutual annihilation however it could lead to things also being resolved with a tie of sorts.

Fairy tail hasn't lost yet though. Erza is still around and more likely more than a match for beat up asuma. Jubia is reasonably skilled although she could be defeated. Not sure how erza and grey and co would be able to deal with caprico, they seem to be having a hard time for the most part. I really doubt luxus would fail to take out a member of the seven kin. If anything his strength should be overwhelming and he is indeed capable of fairy law.

I don't think mest is about to go into a fight alongside fairy tail. Most likely he is on his way to report to the council so as to deal with grimmoire heart and zeref. Perhaps the end of this fight won't be with a victory from either guild but rather the council's army forcing both guilds to retreat. Anyways, grimmoire heart is interested in zeref, not erradicating FT as far as we know. In that sense, perhaps the end of this conflict is near.
<hr noshade size="1">
Also, I don't think asuma was merely scratched and bruised. He did not have his guts ripped appart by mira but he made it clear the fight was on the level for him and was shown having trouble. I don't see who else on the island could have been the person mira referred to when she talked about someone defeating asuma other than erza though. Not to mention we do know erza has at least mira's level of strength if not more so if mira was able to get that far against asuma with that little power then erza should be more than a match.

not really

she was at her normal powerlevel she just would not be able to keep it up as long as she wanted and it allowed her to fight evenly with him for a bit

her most powerful attack really did not do that much he showed no signs of tireing and the worst he got was bleeding from his head a bit

LoS
February 13, 2011, 01:59 AM

What are you talking about?

I thought it was made clear the discussion after that chapter, that those two were on level ground. Asuma didn't suffer significant injuries, Mira was full strength she just didn't have the stamina left to keep it up for very long.

she was at her normal powerlevel she just would not be able to keep it up as long as she wanted and it allowed her to fight evenly with him for a bit

her most powerful attack really did not do that much he showed no signs of tireing and the worst he got was bleeding from his head a bit

there we go, someone else who understands. It was pretty obvious that Mashima took the time to illustrate that the two were even, just she was tiring out fast.

Askia32
February 13, 2011, 02:23 AM
Wow, this mess is gettin crazy. I'm curious if Elfman and Evergreen(the two weirdest names in the guild) were actually killed off or will they be found near death and revived. I really don't have a clue of how FT can pull out of this one.

LoS
February 13, 2011, 02:30 AM
I'm curious if Elfman and Evergreen(the two weirdest names in the guild) were actually killed off or will they be found near death and revived.

You are actually curious about this :blink

Safe bet is they will be found alive, they just got defeated.

Askia32
February 13, 2011, 02:35 AM
You are actually curious about this :blink

Safe bet is they will be found alive, they just got defeated.

We'll... not really. Although it would suck, it would be pretty interesting if they were actually dead.

kakashidad
February 13, 2011, 02:39 AM
So having read the latest issue..i think it's safe to suggest that ultear actions.Suggest that she is going to preform a double cross of epic proportions?

Leaving that aside a minute,natsu back to full health yay!!more g/h ass kicking will commence.And F/T could do with another win about now.They are getting creamed.

Evergreen and elfman finally acknowledge their feelings to one another...it seems.Albeit at what looks like the end for them?

Rustylee has an absolutely awesome ability there...to make his dreams/imagination take form.And he claims he's NEVER been beaten!So that's him ultear and zancrow right?Although zancrow no longer belongs to that club...been undefeated lmao.

And just who is that guy natsu can smell?He is not registering in/on my meromy banks lol.

Krono
February 13, 2011, 02:43 AM
And just who is that guy natsu can smell?He is not registering in/on my meromy banks lol.

Urtear. The "guy" that Natsu is recognizing the smell of was the disguise that Urtear took during the moondrip arc.

Ero-Sanji
February 13, 2011, 02:52 AM
Great chapter!

As I said before Elfman would copy one of Rusty's powers and he did, though, I kind of bet it on the monster. Arc of Embodiment is just like Arc of Time, too much, as I said at the beginning FT is screwd.

I like those grand finales with big flashy endings and even though I liked the tower I don't really know what happened. Did he imagine it blowing up or what? Can he really do that? I also find it funny how Rusty ended up telling them of his power even though he said he wouldn't.

So, one by one they are getting defeated now I'm really excited of seeing how Erza will lose. Ultears drastic change of character is just fantastic, great character development imo. Natsu vs Ultear rematch is bound to be good, smash him to bits ultear.

kkck
February 13, 2011, 03:00 AM
Another thing I noticed is that rustyrose said his magic does have limits and conditions. What exactly could those be? Rustyrose is eventually going to be defeated so I would bet those very limits are going to have a big part in it. Any thoughts? SO far he has imagined a demon of sorts (it had a name), he mimicked takeover and made his arm into a monsters arm and made a shield out of the other. The image of zeref, the glasses.... I guess the first obvious limitation would be rustyrose's own magical power. I doubt he could bring forth something more powerful than his own magic. In that sense he could not just imagine hades and have him use fairy law. Another interesting possible limitation is that he could not just copy other people's magic through his own. It'd be a bit hax if he just started imagining fairy law at his discretion. Another could be that the things he imagines have to be real by themselves. In that sense, he can't bring forth things that did not exist to begin with. I guess he also should not be able to violate the laws of physics. He perhaps could not imagine a bullet that goes faster than the speed of light. Anyways, the things I have mentioned don't necessarily come as disadvantages for rustyrose for the most part so perhaps there is more to this.

Sollum
February 13, 2011, 03:15 AM
I think conditions are that he simply needs to "scan" things before he can materialize them and be thinking about them that moment when he is creating them. Which leads to limits - he cannot create things he haven't seen. For example - he cannot create a Dragon to fight Elfy and Ever.

Urtear is really weird chick....
Urtear: I am yours, do whatever you want with me!
Zeref: Be gone, i am not interested in you...
Urtear: *slaps Zeref* YOU THINK I AM NOT ATRACTIVE?!?!? *punches Zeref* SAY YOU LOVE ME! *punches Zeref again* SAY IT!
Zeref: *spits blood out from his mouth* I... love you...
Urtear: *hugs Zeref* Ohh... I love you too!
Zeref: You are... suffocating me...!
Urtear: *slaps Zeref twice* YOU DON'T LIKE MY LOVE?!?!?!?!?

Srsly... some serious BDSM issues...

LoS
February 13, 2011, 03:28 AM
it would be pretty interesting if they were actually dead.

I completely agree, but it ain't happening. I honestly would want someone else other than Makarov to bite the dust here, because lets face it, he is already on his way out of the story anyway.

wooticus
February 13, 2011, 03:58 AM
as expected elf&ever didn't win this one. now i guess it really will turn out into FT getting smashed until GH is retreating. dunno, however, why they're gonna be. maybe reinforcements from the council, maybe they just get bored.
all in all they have this anti-human attitude. it's like magneto in x-men, he wants to kill those humans to have a world only consisting of mutans - so he isn't going to kill mutants unless he absolutely needs to.
and it seems like GH also is a bit like that. they leave their enemys utterly defeated, near death, but they have no interested in giving them the final blow..

anyway about the last few pages, actually it is really interesting that natsu is gonna face urtear. he may not stand a chance against her powers - but she's quite worn out and i guess she will retreat like last time. the question is, will she take zeref with him? i think maybe wendy will heal zeref and though him being weak he might be a dangerous opponent to each other person of the 7 kin...

ps: i'm still not understand why so many are believing meldy is the strongest in GH just because she is encountering erza. i actually think they're each on the same level with urtear being a bit stronger.

considering the next fights.. well meldy vs erza and juvia should be a fight on the same level because those two are quite the strongest team out there in the moment.
the other fight is capriccio versus the 4 others... i actually can't believe fairy tail is gonna lose that one. it has to be a draw at least.. three of them are quite formidable when it comes to battle and lucy should use gemini to copy capriccio..

ghostexiled
February 13, 2011, 04:06 AM
As I thought things are starting to get pretty grim for FT. Rusty Rose has a pretty hax power, I am curious to know what the "draw backs" are.

What exactly happened to Elfman and Evergreen? Were they fused into the tower or what?

I can kinda agree with LoS in the fact that Ultear is getting to be a bit annoying with her crazy love for Zeref... but I guess that just adds to her bad guy persona.

Ever single member of the 7 Kin (so far) has been shown to been shown to be a bit nuts.

Zancrow needs no explanation, Azuma with his hostage forced fight deal, Ultear with her nutty love for Zeref and Rusty Rose for his ideology of world domination.

So I guess that Natsu will now be heading towards Zeref and Ultear... if he did not get beat down enough from Zancrow, surely he will by those two.

I am still curious to see Melody and Cain fight.

Rave was not dark and I really doubt elfman and evergreen are dead. I would find it weird to see lisana being brought back only to murder her siblings right away.
Rave was a dark manga... not in the same sense as a seinen (Gantz, Beserk) would be, but still was dark. It was dark because characters were killed and some were murdered. Also it was chalk full of tragic love...

LoS
February 13, 2011, 04:26 AM
i'm still not understand why so many are believing meldy is the strongest in GH just because she is encountering erza. i actually think they're each on the same level with urtear being a bit stronger.

People, myself included, believed she was the strongest outside of Urtear since her introduction. She just had robot curb stomper written all over her. The match up just helped our argument a little bit.

meepers4982
February 13, 2011, 05:37 AM
I really liked the chapter and it was interesting to find out only 10% of people could use magic, that makes it seem really unique and makes dragonslayer magic even more unique. I think the next chapter might focus on lucy, gray, and loki again and im expecting the erza juvia fight with meldy to be put on hold until later but who knows. I like how natsu made a connection with the person he once met.

Shiro Tsuki
February 13, 2011, 06:23 AM
HAH!

I just don't believe FT is screwed!
These people come out of death to beat God -

What am pissed of is Natsu -
He is fit now -
which means he will now again fight someone and -wait-for-it- WIN!
He can't lose - can he?

Ultear was creepy with all the petting -

ca12nag3
February 13, 2011, 06:33 AM
few things we learned this chapter?

-10% of the worlds populous can use magic
-in order to learn a takeover touching the entity/thing/beast/animal learns you the skill
-Ultear is a Zeref fangirl?
-Evergreen realy does like Elfman... (disturbed by previous baby image :D )

Sollum
February 13, 2011, 06:43 AM
-in order to learn a takeover touching the entity/thing/beast/animal learns you the skill

This one gave me a bit of thinking. So Mirajane fought a Succubi? o.O

I wonder if they could turn into Dragons. Imagine Lisana turning into Dragon!

Shit, takeover magic rulz! I'd shift into a Lily! What can be more cooler than talking cat!

kakashidad
February 13, 2011, 06:59 AM
I'm real interested in how you managed to asign a quote from me/my post to another user?

Thanks all the same for the reply but Los didn't ask the question...

On another note..Mods..benelori,ashher 3cc..did i do somethink wrong when i put up the link.For f/t 223?It's just that it seems to have been removed.And i tend to see links like that all over the forum..unless it's because it was a latest issue?Was that it?

~the link was already posted by another member before you... so it was deleted because there is no reason for 2 post with the same link. ~Ghost

Oberon
February 13, 2011, 07:02 AM
Yes, but I find the power to RustyRose a bit too excessive, even though he himself says that his magic has a limit as to the imagination .. In each case other two seem to let the feathers after Mirajane, Elfman and Evergreen also seem to have made a bad end http://www.onepiececrew.com/forum/images/smilies/sese.gif

Now, I'm fine that Fairy Tail beaks a lesson from Grimiore Heart, but then I wouldn't have seen too many losses they are suffering, Mashima returns on his steps by changing the story..

Urtear is a boring, you don't see some http://www.onepiececrew.com/forum/images/smilies/new/ahsisi.gif

1337 haxor
February 13, 2011, 07:15 AM
Agreed with the guy who said every member of GH has a loosen screw.

So far we have:

-Meredy with bipolar disorder.

-Ultear with obsessive-compulsive disorder.

-Zancrow with psychosis.

-Rustyrose with megalomania.

-Azuma with perfectionism.

-Kain has eating disorder.

-Caprico probably has an over inflated ego.

Changing subjects here is what I think will happen in the future.

Against Caprico; Loki and Gray will struggle until Gray beggins turning the tides with some new powerful move.

However, Caprico reveals his lost magic and knocks his out.

He reveals that he is truly Capricorn and proceeds to beat Leo salvagely with his lost magic which is revealed can kill even stellar spirits.

Lucy intervenes and saves Loki from the final blow but gets herself killed in the process.

Cana begins to cry desperately while Caprico mocks Lucy as a spiritual mage and that in the ultimate magic world there is no place for those who rely on others, he as a rogue cellestial spirit thinks that their kind serving such weak humans is the most despicable of all things.

Lucy divagates in dark toughts of despair until hitting something deep inside her.

She returns from the dead but not like herself, unresponsitive and machine like she doesn't seem councious at all.

Caprico pounders in confusion how could she be alive but decides it doesn't matter and tries to finish her off.

He delivers a masive lost magic enhanced kick to her head and Cana screams in shock.

His might kick though only manages to move Lucy's head a few milimeters.

God mode is activated and Caprico is utterly pawned and defeated.

Lucy recovers her senses only to find Capricorns key in her hand.

Cana is like 0.0.

As of Meredy's fight; Erza takes a defensive stance while Juvia is not certain of her opponent's goals and capabilities (reads she can't take this serious).

Meredy fires lazers from her eyes DODGE!, Erza ducks while Juvia is sliced in half but thanks to her water form she plunges herself togheter rather quickly.

Now that they know shit is real they begin to fight seriously.

Erza dons a powerful armor while Juvia does some water attacks (duh!).

Meredy athletically avoids Juvia's and Erza's ofenses.

She uses her magic which is Arc of Oblivion that has the power to rip things from the earth into the realm nothingness and pull them out of there if she so wishes.

She basically can put things out of exhistence and call things out of exhistence to aid her.

Juvia is sucked into oblivion but Erza blows her armor to stall the attack and remain still.

Scarlet then dons one of her top armors while Meredy calls out some wicked magical equipment to battle her.

Lots of suck ups, re-equips and big explosions later they are not settled, Meredy has the upper hand but cannot manage to destroy Erza.

The little girl has a break down and forces out her uttermost dark side which is an emotionless adult version whose power is far greater than hers.

Erza has the ride of her life and is drove to near death until she realizes that behind the near invincible foe that she is facing lies a crying scared girl which is the true Meredy.

In one last assault using her most powerful armor Erza manages to reach out the true Meredy and breaks her free from her torment.

The adult dark version explodes releasing everything that was send to oblivion.

A naked Erza is unconscious besides a sleeping Meredy who lost her headgear and cape.

Juvia tries to recall what she saw while in oblivion when Grey arrives with Lucy and Cana (Loke returned to the celestial world to heal himself) making her completely forget about everything else besides Gray.

pongy
February 13, 2011, 07:23 AM
Elfman despite losing did better than I expected.. lol. His opponent was just too much of a hax.... I get the feeling Rustyrose will be beaten by returning Gildartz... Since whatever he creates will be destroyed.. into bits.

Bhoot
February 13, 2011, 07:23 AM
Another thing I noticed is that rustyrose said his magic does have limits and conditions. What exactly could those be? Rustyrose is eventually going to be defeated so I would bet those very limits are going to have a big part in it. Any thoughts? SO far he has imagined a demon of sorts (it had a name), he mimicked takeover and made his arm into a monsters arm and made a shield out of the other. The image of zeref, the glasses.... I guess the first obvious limitation would be rustyrose's own magical power. I doubt he could bring forth something more powerful than his own magic. In that sense he could not just imagine hades and have him use fairy law. Another interesting possible limitation is that he could not just copy other people's magic through his own. It'd be a bit hax if he just started imagining fairy law at his discretion. Another could be that the things he imagines have to be real by themselves. In that sense, he can't bring forth things that did not exist to begin with. I guess he also should not be able to violate the laws of physics. He perhaps could not imagine a bullet that goes faster than the speed of light. Anyways, the things I have mentioned don't necessarily come as disadvantages for rustyrose for the most part so perhaps there is more to this.

I thing that Rusty just gains something like a feedback / retaliation or whatever to his body/mind every time he uses his powers .

I do agree with the limits u put on the magic though .

Maybe after like 2-3 years of use his will die . Idunno if u ever saw the Law of Ueki , but his power is very simmilar to that of Robert Hiden [or something]

Kurohitsugi
February 13, 2011, 07:26 AM
Nice chapter. One by one, the Fairy Tail members are getting knocked out. Grimoire Heart's elite mages are at least two levels beyond the good guy's capabilities. Azuma easily beat Mira and now Rustyrose wiped out Elfman and Evergreen. Even Zancrow, who is being called "weak" by some users dominated in his match against Natsu, who got help by Makarov and he has the plot armor of the main hero. Really, for GH to be stopped a new alliance with the rest of the good Guilds is needed to be formed once again. And this time the others must bring more members like Jura. Maybe even their guild masters.

Interesting...reaction by Urtear. She is really obsessed with Zeref, don't know if it's love or a sort of 'religious' devotion. I want to see Natsu's reaction when he meets her. Nevertheless I don't believe that they will have a fight anytime soon. She will probably escape with Zeref. The upcoming meeting with Natsu is the writer's way to make FT know that GH accomplished their objective by the end of this arc. If we get lucky we may witness an interesting conversation between those two.Natsu hearing her name will possibly mean that Gray will eventually learn that Ul's daughter is evil and still alive.

Rustyrose's magic is impressive. Worth of it's characterization as a "Lost Magic". So till now we have Arc of Time, Arc of Embodiment, God Slayer and Explosion Magic. I now wonder what Caprico's, Meldy's and Kain's magic is going to be. I have a random thought yesterday that Meldy is the Thunder Dragon Slayer but that's quite a remote possibility.:sweatdrop

Next chapter is "Door of Humanity". As many of you have mentioned, I also believe that this is about Caprico's battle against the 4. Possibly the writer will give some pages to Urtear & Natsu but most of them will be about the battle. It seems that Hiro is trying to stall Zeref's issue in this arc by progressing it parallel to the battles.

swordsaintscoot
February 13, 2011, 08:07 AM
his limitations probabyl include not being able to imagine you to death.

kamakazi_1996
February 13, 2011, 08:19 AM
Many elfmanxevergreen fans will be very pleased with this chapter :amuse

i like this chapter, rustyrose's ability is really cool but i wonder what the limits are.

Im glad natsu is back but his muffler is white again which is really bad news :( i never thought that natsu would recognize ultears scent and go after her, i wonder who will win natsu or ultear, most likely ultear because she is stronger but she seems really beaten up by zeref with their last battle the same goes for natsu, he just had a fight with zancrow and i dont think he has been fully recovered by wendy.

my prediction is gray would be the one who will defeat ultear, it will make it interesting for gray to find his masters daughter and have to fight her but she is a lot more powerful than him and even though he is supposed to be as strong as natsu, natsu would pwn him any day of the week :pwned

swordsaintscoot
February 13, 2011, 08:25 AM
i think it would be incredibly funny if natsu went around beating the 7 kin AFTER they were weakened by other members of FT that are now heavily injured.

Yashie
February 13, 2011, 08:52 AM
Interesting...reaction by Urtear. She is really obsessed with Zeref, don't know if it's love or a sort of 'religious' devotion. I want to see Natsu's reaction when he meets her. Nevertheless I don't believe that they will have a fight anytime soon. She will probably escape with Zeref. The upcoming meeting with Natsu is the writer's way to make FT know that GH accomplished their objective by the end of this arc. If we get lucky we may witness an interesting conversation between those two.Natsu hearing her name will possibly mean that Gray will eventually learn that Ul's daughter is evil and still alive.

Hehe I find it really funny to imagine Natsu's reaction when he finds out the monster guy from Garuna Island is actually a girl :P .... wonder if they will fight.

Bhoot
February 13, 2011, 09:38 AM
Hehe I find it really funny to imagine Natsu's reaction when he finds out the monster guy from Garuna Island is actually a girl :P .... wonder if they will fight.

He already said that (s)he smelled like a female , so no he wont be

1337 haxor
February 13, 2011, 10:30 AM
He already said that (s)he smelled like a female , so no he wont be

I think their encounter will be essentially comic at first.

Natsu will find Ultear founding and caressing Zeref and he will say something like:

-Hey! What are you guys dating on around here this is no place where lovers should be!

Then he realizes the guy is the one he found earlier and Ultear talks the whole deal about Zeref.

Natsu then states he cannot let something like this happen and Ultear prepares to fight him over Zeref.

She, however, is to tired to fight Natsu properly and their battle drags on.

This gives enough time for Zeref to awake and escape or...

TAN! TAN! TAN!

Hikaru betrays GH and recues Zeref because he promised Zeref in the past to never let his dark self put the world in danger again.

Ultear tries to protest but Hiraku is too much for her at her current state and he leaves the island with Zeref.

The rest of Grimmoire Heart goes WTF and they leave the island in a hurry to chase after the traitor.

White Silver King
February 13, 2011, 11:02 AM
I liked this chapter a lot. Rusty's magic is freakin awesome, some more FT members lost but put up a nice fight. I can't believe i never thought about it before, but what if Ever is the one who dies? I'd be ok with that.

I'm a little tentative about next chapter though. Ultear is pretty wiped out and even though Natsu is/should be completely out of magic and stamina, he's got his Never-Lose-A-Battle-no-Jutsu. I'm think they will definitely fight because when does Natsu not instigate fight? Never. Hell probably have aanother draw with him on the winning end of that draw again. *Sigh*

kkck
February 13, 2011, 11:06 AM
I was actually surprised that only 10% of the people in the world can use magic at all. Seem rather strange.... Why is earthland so different from edoras then? I think the manga will at some poitn focus on why mages in earthland have magic while those in edoras don't. Something must have happened that made things different in both world.

Anyways, why exactly would grimmoire heart be interested in a world with only mages? Fairy tail does not seem to be alianated from the rest of the world for the most part so I doubt the seven kin have been discriminated against. Perhaps hades brainwashed them? That would still be strange though. On an interesting note, what if the war from 400 years ago had the same purpose as what grimmoire heart is trying now? Basically zeref tried to eliminate all non mages. I think that would make the most sense right now.

White Silver King
February 13, 2011, 11:23 AM
I'm guessing each of the 7 Kin were abused/sold/discriminated against/etc by regular humans in their early life. Hades probably found them in the thick of that, killed the human, and took the kids away and trained them to be mega mage minions. It'd explain their devotion to him, their paternal relationship with him and their goals.

Sevenheadedmirror
February 13, 2011, 01:39 PM
This was an ok chapter. I mean there weren't any paritcular moments where I thought it had been awesome but it gave me what I wanted: Rusty's fight was really good and it pummeled down the good guys which is always something nice. I blame the title and execution of it, but specially the title, by the time Rusty had done his first attack in this chapter, I had already thought what 'arc of embodiment' was; since we already have an 'arc of something' power on the list. Taking out every bit of awesome the ominous glasses creation should have had. x (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/78009984/15). I can't help but wonder what are his limitations.

However Natsu is once again fighting, Zancrow isn't moving and I can't help but realize what is going to happen. Unless the author will pull out a Danzou on us (the guy from Naruto who was stated as unlimited source of evil since the begining of the second part, ultimate warning from Jiraya and was defeated in three chapters) Ultrear will have to leave with the darck mage for a 'VS grimoire heart/ Retreive Zeref' arc. Grymmoire heart has been hyped up for like what?, 5 arcs by now? so she will do what she does best: throw something at Natsu, he'll receive the hit in his stomach or feet while he is running, and since Natsu can never lose a fight by the time he turns his head up she will have fled. Trickester characters always have this secondary ability, to vanish as soon as other character look to another place; even if it's absolutely impossible to do so. My guess is that they have stucked their lungs with Helium and wear small hooks in their shoes, once they get the other character to turn their head, they just jump... where was I going with this?... Yes, may be there will be a discussion at first or may be not but if they are going to leave it's either this or Caprico intervining.

swordsaintscoot
February 13, 2011, 02:07 PM
when we first saw hades, many arcs ago, i never expected to like the old man so much

but now after seeing him fight and such, he's fking awesome.

Lozmaster
February 13, 2011, 04:03 PM
Now I'm just left hoping for Natsu + Zeref double teaming Ultear. It would at least explain why we weren't allowed to see Zerefs magic the first time

Razh
February 13, 2011, 05:10 PM
I was actually surprised that only 10% of the people in the world can use magic at all. Seem rather strange.... Why is earthland so different from edoras then? I think the manga will at some poitn focus on why mages in earthland have magic while those in edoras don't. Something must have happened that made things different in both world.

What's so strange? Imagine if more than 600 000 000 people on Earth could use magic. Talk about shit storm.

So even if Earthland world had like 100 million people, it would still mean that there are 10 million people capable of using magic.

I don't know how big Eathland population is, I don't recall ever seeing something that would give a clue to the number, but however you put it, it's still a large number.

elitefox
February 13, 2011, 08:00 PM
i think it would be incredibly funny if natsu went around beating the 7 kin AFTER they were weakened by other members of FT that are now heavily injured.

It would be funnier if Natsu defeated all 7 kins + the GM :eyeroll

How will the GH move now, will they go somewhere else or they will stay on the island kicking out the FT? :tem

kkck
February 13, 2011, 08:09 PM
What's so strange? Imagine if more than 600 000 000 people on Earth could use magic. Talk about shit storm.

So even if Earthland world had like 100 million people, it would still mean that there are 10 million people capable of using magic.

I don't know how big Eathland population is, I don't recall ever seeing something that would give a clue to the number, but however you put it, it's still a large number.

Well, I was under the impression that earthland was a world of mages were magic was common. The reality is that most people are perfectly ordinary and magic to an extent is somewhat rare. We knew that there were people who could not use magic but we never actually knew it was innately impossible for more than the vast majority of the population.

bittman
February 13, 2011, 08:09 PM
I found the 10% thing a bit strange too, I simply believed that in Fairy Tail's world mages were those who were trained in magic, but everyone had the potential to learn and use magic.

I mean, lets take Gray for example. As a kid he stumbled across an ice mage, and thus learnt ice magic. It was somewhat from this that I had the belief that everyone had the potential, they just needed training.

I'm ok with the 10% thing, just sort of stating how I thought it all worked before Elfman told us.

In other news: Only one fight I'm still looking forward to is Erza + Lluvia vs Meldy. I would look forward to a fight with Gray in it, since he is a favourite of mine, but unfortunately Gray is determined to be a total nobody in this story, which is such a shame. He always defeats, or does well against, one of the villains in the arc, but ultimately if you ignored his contributon in the whole arc it would still work.

Poor Gray. Only worth keeping around for Lluvia comedy.

kkck
February 13, 2011, 08:19 PM
I thought something similar too except that I do think there are people who are innately capable of a brand of magic, basically born with a specific power (which should not stop them from learning other magics though). Grey is not that useless though, he has played his part in most arcs. He defeated sugarboy and found the key to the cannon, had his part in defeating racer... he did not play much of a part in the luxus arc however we really can't expect him to be as important as natsu lol.

LoS
February 13, 2011, 08:56 PM
Changing subjects here is what I think will happen in the future.

Lucy intervenes and saves Loki from the final blow but gets herself killed in the process.

Cana begins to cry desperately while Caprico mocks Lucy as a spiritual mage and that in the ultimate magic world there is no place for those who rely on others, he as a rogue cellestial spirit thinks that their kind serving such weak humans is the most despicable of all things.

Lucy divagates in dark toughts of despair until hitting something deep inside her.

She returns from the dead but not like herself, unresponsitive and machine like she doesn't seem councious at all.

Caprico pounders in confusion how could she be alive but decides it doesn't matter and tries to finish her off.

He delivers a masive lost magic enhanced kick to her head and Cana screams in shock.

His might kick though only manages to move Lucy's head a few milimeters.

God mode is activated and Caprico is utterly pawned and defeated.

If the above happens I might seriously drop this manga. I can see some of your thoughts happening, but on the whole it is too extreme.

As of Meredy's fight; Erza takes a defensive stance while Juvia is not certain of her opponent's goals and capabilities (reads she can't take this serious).

In one last assault using her most powerful armor Erza manages to reach out the true Meredy and breaks her free from her torment.

A naked Erza is unconscious besides a sleeping Meredy who lost her headgear and cape.

I can see this happening, I have already said Erza would be responsible for changing Meldy's heart to the light, and Erza naked will most likely happen as well lol.

Azuma easily beat Mira

Not at all.

hoping for Natsu + Zeref double teaming Ultear

You might want to phrase this differently :p

Aikidoka
February 13, 2011, 09:00 PM
Depending on how the translation was, it could either be 10% who know magic, or 10% who know or have the potential for magic. I personally agree with kkck's and bittman's opinions that all Earthland people should have the potential for magic, because then it'd be different from Edolas but also unique enough that guilds and the "market" of mages exists. It does make sense though that not everyone can use magic, because otherwise why hire people to do something you and a bunch of friends could do for free?

kkck
February 13, 2011, 09:18 PM
I just can't help but wonder exactly how ancient zeref is.... Hades related zeref to the very origin of magic. The thing is that 400 years ago zeref was already seemingly fought with magic. Would it make sense for something as powerful as nirvana to have been around close to the time where magic had its origins? In that sense, it is likely zeref is actually old enough to already have been old 400 years ago. Perhaps he brought magic to the world even hundreds of years before that but only 400 years ago he went nuts or became possessed and started the war.

Krono
February 13, 2011, 10:40 PM

According to the anime the Kingdom of Fiore has a population of 17 million. So 100 million probably isn't a bad guess.

MonsterEnvy
February 14, 2011, 12:49 AM
Not at all.

well actully he did sort of easily beat her she would not have been able to stay in that form for too much longer

if she had not done her sacrifice he probbley would have just beaten her to death when the transformation wore off

LoS
February 14, 2011, 12:55 AM
None of that is saying he was dominating her, only that she would have eventually tired out. He definitely got lucky, otherwise it would have been drawn out and even if he won he would be exhausted and injured right now.

Sevenheadedmirror
February 14, 2011, 01:14 AM
None of that is saying he was dominating her, only that she would have eventually tired out. He definitely got lucky, otherwise it would have been drawn out and even if he won he would be exhausted and injured right now. I have to side with LoS here, post is quoted, this was, what I like to call, an 'excuse to lose battle'. This had very good execution as many people in here, and I'm guessing fans in general, wanted Mira to vapor whichever opponent she was putted up against. So, what the author does is place an excuse for the character to be weakened or at an extreme disadvatange, this implies the fight would've been different if the situation had been equal; the ending result is that a character can get his ass whopped in an absolutely one-sided battle and the fact that both fighters aren't that far from each other is common sense.

Furthermore in the case of Mira two excuses were placed, she was tired as hell and, to cover the fight that azuma had already fought as well, he tricked her with the time bomb. Hence there's no way one can say that Mira isn't as strong as azuma... even if she got utterly destroyed in battle.

MonsterEnvy
February 14, 2011, 01:36 AM
None of that is saying he was dominating her, only that she would have eventually tired out. He definitely got lucky, otherwise it would have been drawn out and even if he won he would be exhausted and injured right now.

yeah i know that but the fact is she was going to lose her power soon

if she had been at her normal power so she would not tire out then yeah she would have been dead even with the guy and i largely agree with you

Mira had lost the fight after that last attack she used all of her remaining power to do it and would have gone back to normal in about 30 seconds

kkck
February 14, 2011, 02:29 AM
Even with what we saw it can't really be said mira got utterly destroyed in battle. I don't think asuma showed in any way he was overwhelmingly superior. For one thing, mira from the start did not have enough magic to maintain her form. I doubt even with her transformation she was had the speed, strength and power she would have had normally. Let alone the fact that she took a number of hits due to being distracted by the time bomb. EVen then asuma did seem to have pulled all the stops for the most part.

Saifi
February 14, 2011, 02:32 AM
Now I'm just left hoping for Natsu + Zeref double teaming Ultear. It would at least explain why we weren't allowed to see Zerefs magic the first time
you are not the only one dude, i bet many would like to see that drawn;)

I have to side with LoS here, post is quoted, this was, what I like to call, an 'excuse to lose battle'. This had very good execution as many people in here, and I'm guessing fans in general, wanted Mira to vapor whichever opponent she was putted up against. So, what the author does is place an excuse for the character to be weakened or at an extreme disadvatange, this implies the fight would've been different if the situation had been equal; the ending result is that a character can get his ass whopped in an absolutely one-sided battle and the fact that both fighters aren't that far from each other is common sense.

Furthermore in the case of Mira two excuses were placed, she was tired as hell and, to cover the fight that azuma had already fought as well, he tricked her with the time bomb. Hence there's no way one can say that Mira isn't as strong as azuma... even if she got utterly destroyed in battle.

with this chapter i feel maybe evergreen will die and mira survive since technically if lisaanna who was just as close to the bomb as her is ok mira should be atleast alive , and while elfman can probably use his takeover to survive the weight of a freaking building, evergreen should have been crushed ... unless she turned however of her was under the building to stone (which still might shatter) rto avoid being crushed to death, and then undo it later.

ca12nag3
February 14, 2011, 06:04 AM
According to the anime the Kingdom of Fiore has a population of 17 million. So 100 million probably isn't a bad guess.

Well it all depends on how inherritable magical ability is? So far all of Makarovs family use magic, be it Laxus acording to his father has weak powers. *amplified with Lachirima*.
All the siblings Mira,Elfman and Lisanna can use it.

However Macaos his son cannot or hasnt started yet? < he wants to be a mage. So is it possible to want to be as in learn it? If you cant?

Another one is Lucy she uses magic yet her dad doesnt seem to have any magical ability. However its possible that her mom could so inherrited from her.

If i think about it it might be that magic is inherrited but the purer your parents the more powerfull the mage can be. As in it gets diluted when a mage and a regular human have children?

Just a theory ^^.

Also the aspect of being a more powerfull mage is something that comes from hard work + natural ability. Think about it Erza naturaly has so much power since a child same goes for Mirajane, they just perfected it when getting older.
The dragonslayers are just a different thing since im believing their power comes from the dragons, wether its that they realy are dragons themselves or the dragons gifted them that power.

monkey D luffy
February 14, 2011, 07:00 AM
i wonder what will happen if gildarts come. we saw that the mira in satan form was equal to azuma, we also know that gildarts is way stronger then her even in satan form. i think with his magic gildarts can decimate at least 3-4 kins before going down. but natsu is screwed, he is going to face the one who beated zeref while he wasnt even able to bruise him with a powerful punch. wonder if natsu will survive this without crying

swordsaintscoot
February 14, 2011, 01:46 PM
a couple of posts at the top of the page and last few pages gave me an idea.

people are questioning how edolas and earthland are different when it comes to magic, or what actually makes them different.

I kind of just thought of something as well, with zeref being tied to the origin of magic and apparently having two personalities, perhaps this has something to again do with edolas? I don't think we're done with them yet. What if this 'seal' that has been placed on zeref is somewhat a combination of TWO zerefs. A good one, and a bad one. One from earthland, one from edolas. Since edolas citizens can't use magic, it means that zeref won't double up in strength and be seemingly invincible, and it makes me question A LOT of things.

I have no real 'specific' ideas. but thats a baseline I've come up with.

edit: I have a few specific ideas now. What if this 'two zeref' idea is how zeref knows natsu? What if he's been aware of earthland and edolas for some time, and has had previous encounters with the edolas natsu. tbh, i've started questioning the dragon slayers in general now. What if the dragon slayers from earthland, are originally edolos versions of themselves, but the dragons have something to do with switching them around, perhaps knowing of future struggles. The amount of lachryma in edolas feels like a hint to me, when you pair it with apparently fake dragon slayers. If they originated in edolas, they could all have lachryma inside them, and that's their reason for being capable of magic.

just thoughts, very unlikely ones. but solid I spose.

kkck
February 14, 2011, 02:02 PM
To be honest I think that the reason edolas does not have magic is simply because it did not go through the same events earthland went through hundreds of years ago. Earthland went through a series of specific events which resulted in earthland having an abundant amount of magic and mages who can generate it under normal circumstances with no effort. Perhaps what little magic edoras did have had something to do with what happened in earthland that made its people have magic. After all, the exceed did have magic in their bodies which is rather strange. I think the exceed being in earthland will be a sort of plot point for the future considering everything. Perhaps the exceed are close to the source of magic even though they are not very powerful?

swordsaintscoot
February 14, 2011, 02:10 PM
To be honest I think that the reason edolas does not have magic is simply because it did not go through the same events earthland went through hundreds of years ago. Earthland went through a series of specific events which resulted in earthland having an abundant amount of magic and mages who can generate it under normal circumstances with no effort. Perhaps what little magic edoras did have had something to do with what happened in earthland that made its people have magic. After all, the exceed did have magic in their bodies which is rather strange. I think the exceed being in earthland will be a sort of plot point for the future considering everything. Perhaps the exceed are close to the source of magic even though they are not very powerful?

i considered mentioning the exceed as im sure they're relevant. as i said, i doubt my 'theory' is true, but it at least has has a solid basis, even if it is not true.

-Ken-
February 14, 2011, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry if this is asked before, but when Ultear say "eldest", does she mean the head or the her actual age? If it's her actual age, I don't know how impressive that'll be. I mean, in

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7217-19/fairy-tail/chapter-102.html

Her age seem to be young, so she can't be that much older than the rest. Also, her mother is 'Ul', which doesn't have crack magic like Arc of Time, so how old can she be?

White Silver King
February 14, 2011, 06:36 PM
I'm sorry if this is asked before, but when Ultear say "eldest", does she mean the head or the her actual age? If it's her actual age, I don't know how impressive that'll be. I mean, in

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7217-...apter-102.html

Her age seem to be young, so she can't be that much older than the rest. Also, her mother is 'Ul', which doesn't have crack magic like Arc of Time, so how old can she be?
I think it means she's been with him the longest. To me Azuma looks much older, physically, then Ultear. I'm guessing they think they're like "reborn" or something like that once he found them and took them under his wing. She looks about 19 to me in most shots, especially the old ones, but she couldn't be older than 23/24.

kkck
February 14, 2011, 07:48 PM
I was thinking that perhaps grey will be the one to defeat rustyrose. The one thing that their magics have in common is that it takes they want it to take. Obviously rustyrose has the advantage in the creation department since he actual creates stuff out of nothing but grey's magic can be just about as versatile given the proper circumstances. I think grey could win in a battle of creativity. Bad boy vs narcissistic pretty boy.

swordsaintscoot
February 14, 2011, 08:11 PM
I was thinking that perhaps grey will be the one to defeat rustyrose. The one thing that their magics have in common is that it takes they want it to take. Obviously rustyrose has the advantage in the creation department since he actual creates stuff out of nothing but grey's magic can be just about as versatile given the proper circumstances. I think grey could win in a battle of creativity. Bad boy vs narcissistic pretty boy.

good catch that one. im sure one of the limitations of roses magic will be something you touched on, but didn't actuall say. His creation magic his probably limited to physical things. I IMAGINE (haha) that he can't simply imagine a 'magic' and have that spell cast upon the enemy. In that sense, Gray's magic is superior imo. The freedom of creativity, and the ability to freeze whatever Rose throws at him.

Razh
February 15, 2011, 05:28 AM
I don't know what is it about me, but since Nirvana, all of the arcs fail to deliver for me. I find myself enjoying preludes of arcs and battles, more than I enjoy confrontations themselves.
I don't know, maybe it's because of generic battle settings. They all follow the same patterns more or less. It's getting repetitive. This arc promised more when it started, especially when we found out GH was coming, and it had a several plot twists. But now, it's getting stale.

bittman
February 15, 2011, 07:46 AM
Honestly, all this arc needed to do as Grimoire Heart hit was to continue Mest as a 3rd party, but decently strong with great ulterior motives, bad guy, to give this arc any semblence of a potential "plot twist".

I sort of know what you mean Razh. Mest and Cana gave me great hopes for this arc, and they seem to be overshadowed by all this Zeref and Grimoire Heart hype.

I mean, I think Fairy Tail losing is a great plot development as much as the next guy (if it indeed happens), but it all seems a bit too obvious what will happen, with only really one or two alternatives and barely a red herring in sight.

Mashima needs to get better at his red herrings.

Still, this arc is thus far better than the Nirvana arc. Despite the quality of fights increasing during the arc, it was average and uninspired. It reminded me of the Rave arc where the bad guy goes to the monster world and tries to merge with Endless, and that was one of my least favourite Rave arcs.

Zatono
February 15, 2011, 08:43 AM
I don't know what is it about me, but since Nirvana, all of the arcs fail to deliver for me. I find myself enjoying preludes of arcs and battles, more than I enjoy confrontations themselves.
I don't know, maybe it's because of generic battle settings. They all follow the same patterns more or less. It's getting repetitive. This arc promised more when it started, especially when we found out GH was coming, and it had a several plot twists. But now, it's getting stale.

I guess the Arc started going downhill when we got that ridiculously epic triple chapter weekend. I wouldn't count Mashima out yet, though.

ca12nag3
February 15, 2011, 08:44 AM
I dont see a problem yet, after all you cant focus on all the characters in just 1 or 2 chapters. We barely saw anything of Capricos fight with 4 of the FT members, thus far weve seen Natsu, Ever+Elf and the 2 sisters fight, Each 1/2 chapters. Once the focus goes back to Cana or Mest it will take just as many chapters and youll be happy again. Seriously dont judge an Arc before its over.

So far i like this arc a lot for its pacing and we get to see each pair of characters fight, while in most other arcs its almost entirely about Erza Grey and Natsu. So its a good arc in my point of view.

Also discuss the chapter here, and keep the complaining about trivial matters outside of the topic? ^^

Razh
February 15, 2011, 09:51 AM
I dont see a problem yet, after all you cant focus on all the characters in just 1 or 2 chapters. We barely saw anything of Capricos fight with 4 of the FT members, thus far weve seen Natsu, Ever+Elf and the 2 sisters fight, Each 1/2 chapters. Once the focus goes back to Cana or Mest it will take just as many chapters and youll be happy again. Seriously dont judge an Arc before its over.

So far i like this arc a lot for its pacing and we get to see each pair of characters fight, while in most other arcs its almost entirely about Erza Grey and Natsu. So its a good arc in my point of view.

Also discuss the chapter here, and keep the complaining about trivial matters outside of the topic? ^^

I'm judging the arc so far, and the general problem with Fairy Tail that is persistent in these last few arcs. Oh I still hold hopes that Freid and Bixlow will shine, for example. If only Freid was running around and spamming runes while the others are fighting or something.
Earlier, I mentioned generic setting. I feel like I should elaborate more about what I meant. In every arc so far, either our main characters or their opponents always get separated, in order to provide readers with separate battles. Sure, there's an occasional group fight here and there, but it doesn't last long and it's 4 to 5 people.
For example, Grimoire Heart. I can't really think of a good reason why Seven Kin would separate and each go alone. The "so they can find Zeref sooner" argument is invalid, since Zeref isn't a helpless baby who the enemy is trying to find and kill, but the most powerful mage that ever lived. It would make more sense if they went in bigger groups and systematically remove all opposition.

I don't really mind these separate battles, in fact, I love them. It's just that the middle part of every arc is the same thing, with different beginnings and endings.

Oh, and if you don't like what other people are discussing about or complaining about, don't butt into the discussion. My concern for Fairy Tail is genuine, and I'd appreciate if it weren't called "complaining about trivial matters". It's offensive, at the least.

Ero-Sanji
February 15, 2011, 10:24 AM
For example, Grimoire Heart. I can't really think of a good reason why Seven Kin would separate and each go alone. The "so they can find Zeref sooner" argument is invalid, since Zeref isn't a helpless baby who the enemy is trying to find and kill, but the most powerful mage that ever lived. It would make more sense if they went in bigger groups and systematically remove all opposition.

Didn't they get separated because of Caprico's technique? Also, yes, Zeref isn't a little baby but he's in a sleeping state and they didn't go to fight him actually they came in peace offering full support, so, I don't really see a problem with them splitting up. Then we have the fact that Hades really trusts his "children" to succeed.

But overall I agree though. As for me the only thing I have a problem with is the fact that Natsu won his fight.

Razh
February 15, 2011, 10:51 AM
Didn't they get separated because of Caprico's technique? Also, yes, Zeref isn't a little baby but he's in a sleeping state and they didn't go to fight him actually they came in peace offering full support, so, I don't really see a problem with them splitting up. Then we have the fact that Hades really trusts his "children" to succeed.

But overall I agree though. As for me the only thing I have a problem with is the fact that Natsu won his fight.

What I meant was, they could have went as larger groups, obliterate Fairy Tail with shock effect and proceed to get Zeref without trouble.

But anyway, that by itself is not a problem. The problem is, similar setting repeats in every arc.

kkck
February 15, 2011, 12:05 PM
I have been thinking about meldy's ability. I was thinking that perhaps she has some sort of rejection magic? As if she can bring things in and out of existence at will. Considering that so far we have seen a number of godlike abilities from different members of the seven kin (body and power of a god, time manipulation, obliterating stuff, and creating stuff out of nothing) I think we have to expect the same from meldy. It'd be interesting if erza has to face someone who can reject her armor (and thus power to a great extent) out of existence. In that case jubia would actually be the better match for meldy lol.

Poneglyph420
February 16, 2011, 01:50 AM
I think there could still some twists left in this arc, I hope.

I'm kinda upset with how simply FT has fallen to GH up til now..
I hope that over the next chapter or two we see some hope..

Though hearing the next chapter being the Door of Humanity..
I guess Caprico is gonna romp on somebody..

kkck
February 16, 2011, 02:10 AM
I guess the whole door of humanity thing could be about someone's magic... It'd be interesting if it is indeed caprico's magic.

About caprico, why would he want an ultimate world of magic of sorts? He is not human but a stellar spirit so what does he gain from this? Assuming he does not have a master hidden in the background, there is something inherently off about him having such an objective. Perhaps he wants to release all stellar spirits from the stellar spirit world? Maybe in a world with only magic users stellar spirits could find a way to permanently live in earthland. Wonder what the deal here is....

ca12nag3
February 16, 2011, 05:10 AM
Another posibility is that he sees the stellar world as *slaves* of humanity and his ideal world of magic would be that of freedom from that. And both Hades as well as Zeref *in evil mode* have that included into their plan or w/e. Not as objective but thats kinda what Caprico thinks/believes.

bittman
February 16, 2011, 06:43 AM
I think there is a little more to Caprico being the Capricorn stellar spirit than he is being given credit for. I mean, though we got a "!" from Loki, he hasn't said a word since despite a couple of shots of Caprico in action / talking.

Something I was thinking of is that perhaps Capricorn was "taken over" by a stellar spirit mage.

Of course, it could just be Capricorn and Loki is holding it in. In which case, "Door to Humanity" sounds an awful lot like part of what Lucy shouts when summoning a stellar spirit. Going with ca12nag3 on this that it's possible Caprico is in the fight for his "stellar spirit brothers".

Nonlife
February 16, 2011, 09:19 AM
Oh man, I hope somebody else can get a win besides Natsu. (Not to sound demeaning, but Gazille's (spelling) opponents were lowly subordinates compared to the leading members of Grimoire Heart.)

Poneglyph420
February 16, 2011, 02:46 PM
Seems like without members like Luxus and Gildartz there the FT kids are up he creek without a paddle..
Sure there's still Erza and Juvia as well as the 4 FT members facing off with Caprico.
However it seems like the "theme" is that the FT kids are finally facing an enemy they can't handle with tenacity and head on force...

Though there's still much more to play out before we know exactly...

I was hoping the ghost of Mavis would somehow revive and boot GH from the island..
(At least Hades.. who I'm growing an irrational hatred for..)

Jorge D. Dragon
February 16, 2011, 05:07 PM
I hope that FT will be saved somehow, but the GH will get from the island and try to handle their plan and meanwhile FT mages will have time to improve, cause it would be too strange for them to jump so great on a power scale just in a glimpse of an eye so quickly right after such a bitting.
Also I hope that Luxus will come back and Gildartz will also come into play. Then FT will have better chance to win.
Also I think Natsu should be trained by Makarov to fight against strong opponents with proficiensy, cause now he can't use Dragon Force from the get-go. He needs strong emotins and that's is his weakness, cause strong opponents as Hades or other Kins might not give him that time.

Vaste Lorde
February 17, 2011, 01:06 AM
Seems like without members like Luxus and Gildartz there the FT kids are up he creek without a paddle..
Sure there's still Erza and Juvia as well as the 4 FT members facing off with Caprico.
However it seems like the "theme" is that the FT kids are finally facing an enemy they can't handle with tenacity and head on force...

I dunno man, I know Erza's strong but everyone keeps putting her up their. Truth be told, she has never fought someone stronger than the current Natsu.

all in all, I would say Natsu is definitely stronger than her when hes serious. Fairy tail's battles are mostly determined by situation and knowing the opponent. Erza won some of her fights knowing and recognizing her opponents.
Not implying that this is different but she has not proved me otherwise to think she is stronger than Natsu. I would say the other GH could take her down as well.

Its probably gonna Erza and Juvia who wins as well and the the team gather up and rethink their strategies.

FT could definitely use Lexus and Gildarts right about now.

bittman
February 17, 2011, 01:57 AM
You are probably correct in saying that Erza has never defeated someone "stronger" than current Natsu, but Erza has commonly defeated characters who are probably about the same level of power as current Natsu.

Midnight and Evergreen are definitely at least on par with Natsu, and I could also give some debate to Aria and Ikaruga. Of course Erza vs Erza has probably been her closest fight, but if you think Natsu >= Erza S, then you surely won't believe that Natsu < Erza K.

However, it's not simply that she has been able to win battles against Natsu-level characters. Instead, she's been able to quite easily defeat Natsu-level characters, particularly ever since the whole Tower of Paradise arc where she went through some phenomenal growth.

Since then, Mashima has given Erza the majority of #2 strongest villains whilst keeping the cream of the crop for a desperate battle against Natsu.

Of course, current Natsu was able to defeat Zancrow, which is an enormous growth in itself recently. By the same token, Erza decimated Lluvia + Lisanna. They are hard to compare though, because Natsu is naturally weaker to Lluvia than Erza, and before his fight with Zancrow I definitely would put Natsu as "S-class candadite", not really "S-class".

Still, depending on how the next fight goes you could argue that GH 7kin are full of Erza-level characters, which I would generally agree with.

ca12nag3
February 17, 2011, 05:33 AM
I think your thinking is a little flawed here,

First of putting characters on lvls as if everyone is just as effective against eachother based on a ladder lvl is flawed.

Since magic typs are just as much a factor as powerlevel.

For instance a water user always has a edge over a fire mage. Erza for instance has aquired many different armors that can counter certain magic, and its been shown over and over again. Furthermore Erza owned Natsu in every 1on1. Same for Laxus and Gildarts. Laxus was only beaten in a 2v1 where Natsu and Gajeel teamed up.

Further more when fighting Zancrow typicaly its ofc how couldnt it be a fire mage! > Natsu eats fire Natsu wins. I wouldnt by default say that Natsu now is so much stronger at all once hes not up against a fire mage.

Well see how he fairs against another wind user or a water user.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 17, 2011, 09:08 AM
Natsu's problem is that he is still inexperienced. He has a great power, but he really lacks in control and actual magical power to back it up. Also sometimes he lacks in tactics. For now he needsw a good teacher to become really strong. If for example, Makarov or Gildartz train him for half a year I'm pretty sure that he will easily surpass Erza.
Also about match-ups. Sometimes it is important, but sometimes water can't counter fire. It happens when the magical power of one opponent is way bigger than the other's. So even if his ability is a bit weaker against the other the mage will prevail with the help of his higher magical power.

Also I'd say that Evergreen is deffinetly weaker than Natsu. Especially after Edoras Arc. Not saying after the fight with Zancrow. Natsu grows during the every fight significantly, so I'd say that at the end of this arc he should be an S-class for sure.

-Ken-
February 17, 2011, 04:12 PM
Anyhow, the kins are starting to annoy me a little. I thought at least the master of OS should be stronger than the kins. From the look of it, the kins seem to be stronger to me.

White Silver King
February 17, 2011, 05:28 PM
I think people are forgetting that Natsu has never once defeated a #1 villain on his own. He's had help every single time: Etherion, Flame of Rebuke, Makarov, etc. Ezra wins all her fights on her own with the armors she has traveled the world and fought (presumably) to obtain. Not to mention, IIRC, she did a pretty good job holding her own against Jose, especially since she had just taken a hit from a humungoginmorno cannon that would have killed almost anyone else. In a 1-on-1 fight, Erza could spank Natsu.

Thorvardur
February 17, 2011, 08:54 PM
Natsu's problem is that he is still inexperienced. He has a great power, but he really lacks in control and actual magical power to back it up. Also sometimes he lacks in tactics. For now he needsw a good teacher to become really strong. If for example, Makarov or Gildartz train him for half a year I'm pretty sure that he will easily surpass Erza.
Also about match-ups. Sometimes it is important, but sometimes water can't counter fire. It happens when the magical power of one opponent is way bigger than the other's. So even if his ability is a bit weaker against the other the mage will prevail with the help of his higher magical power.

Also I'd say that Evergreen is deffinetly weaker than Natsu. Especially after Edoras Arc. Not saying after the fight with Zancrow. Natsu grows during the every fight significantly, so I'd say that at the end of this arc he should be an S-class for sure.

Natsu has great power and he lacks magical power? I would just say that he still has a lot crazy power inside him just waiting to come out, but he lacks the skills to bring them out. he's still little inexperienced and need more time to become the strongest member of Fairy Tail. that I think he will become one day. :)

Jorge D. Dragon
February 18, 2011, 05:44 AM
Thorvardur
I just wrote a bit bad.:) I meant the same thing as it is in RPG games. He has a great magic ability, but lacks actually mana points to back it up.:) So when he gets plenty of fire he gets enough mana points to back up his great ability.:) Also his ability is still untrained.:) That was my point.:)
I agree that he will become the strongest in FT some day. He should even become the strongest in the whole world to beat Zeref (or maybe Hades that will manipulate him) and maybe Black Dragon.:)

swordsaintscoot
February 18, 2011, 04:06 PM
natsu will be the strongest. he has the strength in hsi to be the strongest even now. he's like naruto. the powers inside, but without the training and experience he has no proper understanding of how to use his power correctly.

anger won't take him all the way, he won't win all his fights with his emotions eventually something will have to kick over for him to learn how to control his true abilities

Shiro Tsuki
February 19, 2011, 06:14 PM
Natsu will become the strongest person in FT someday!
He'll be like the one guy everyone admires -_- (just like a mage version of naruto heh)
A hero - blah

Now the path he takes to become the strongest yet -
Well that's what the manga is about...

The reason is quite clear -
Because he is the lead!
You can't fight the laws of Sh┼Źnen - Can you?!

Why is the chapter so late!?! :(

kkck
February 19, 2011, 08:27 PM
http://forum.mangastream.com/showthread.php?t=13590
I think this is something everyone should read. Manga stream apparently changed raw providers hence the tardy chapters this week. I guess this could be affecting fairy tail too so perhaps we won't see a chapter until tomorrow.

Kravmaga
February 19, 2011, 11:18 PM
^^^^ (too many quote, so i skip the quote)

Yea okay, I understand about this and that and I can wait with no problem. But do anyone though about FT release date could change without telling us...again!

Hell, I remember years ago, FT used to release on Monday, change to Sunday, then Saturday, then Friday and now Saturday (make up your bloody mind :mad )

Sorry guys but mangastream's turnaround time for weekly series is usually as thin as 4-5 hours and every member is a volunteer with either a job or school. Imagine the room for error in there and being unable to be consistent down to the day might be a bit more forgivable.
As their official FT nutcase, I can tell you 223 is mostly cleaned and redrawn but we're missing our translator who's traveling can promised us the best he can do is a day and half later than usual.
Tl;dr? expect it later tomorrow.

Meanwhile with the mods' permission, maybe I could post a couple carefully-cropped spoilers if that would help ease the pain?