PDA

View Full Version : Kyōraku Shunsui vs Matsumoto Rangiku

igotthegoods
February 09, 2011, 10:21 PM
Shunsui vs. Rangiku

http://static.mangahelpers.com/gallery-previews/14106

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
Shunsui

Kyōraku Shunsui is the captain of the 8th Division. He is a laid back and flamboyant man, evident in his style of dress and general attitude, and he is rarely seen without a smile on his lips. He is often seen drinking sake and napping or attempting to chase after women. Despite his seemingly carefree attitude and general dislike for confrontation, as one of the oldest and most powerful captains in Soul Society, Shunsui is a fearsome opponent. His zanpakutō, Katen Kyōkotsu, is unique in that it exists as two completely separate swords. In its shikai, Katen Kyōkotsu has the power to "make kids' games real". The zanpakutō makes the rules and anyone who steps within the boundaries of its spiritual pressure is forced to play by those rules, including Shunsui himself. The games that have been shown are called Bushōgoma, Takaoni, Kageoni, and Irooni.this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
Rangiku

Matsumoto Rangiku is Lieutenant of the 10th Division of the Gotei 13. She has an easy-going and free-spirited personality. Despite her lackadaisical image, she can be extremely serious when needed and is a capable fighter and strategist.

Like most of Vice Captains, she is reasonable at swordsmanship, shunpo, kidō, endurance and durability. Her shikai ability of her zanpakutō, Haineko, turns her blade to ash. She can then cut anywhere the ash has landed on.this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Tsukisama
February 13, 2011, 07:43 PM
Something to consider before you cast your vote:

We have never seen Shunsui in combat before with a woman. He has a great fondness and infatuation over women, but do you think that he would have a problem actually fighting a woman?

Before I see a lot of responses about the fights being serious fights, I will call an example from another series: Sanji vs Kalifa from One Piece. That was also a serious fight situation, but Sanji would not strike Kalifa because of his own personal ethical code that prevented him from fighting women.

Thus, I wonder if you feel like Shunsui would have a similar dilemma. Also, to aid in this effort, Rangiku has quite a bit of... womanly charm. :sweat She is known to have a habit of flirtation, and since in this situation Shunsui has never met Rangiku before, he might not be ready for her charms. Do you think she could use her sex appeal and take advantage of Shunsui's weakness for women to the point of finding an opening to be able to win?

ninjabot
February 13, 2011, 08:55 PM
Just because he hasn't shown us how he fights against women doesn't mean we shoudld assume he wouldn't fight seriously. He's not above outnumbering someone or stabbing people in the back, so conventional forms of honor don't seem to hinder him, meaning it'll take more than mammories to keep him from fighting IMO.

Takahashi
February 13, 2011, 09:02 PM
lol Shunsui wins. Unless we're going to throw out such ridiculous scenarios like Matsumoto invites him to drink, and then stabs him in the head. Even if we consider Shunsui is reluctant, there's no way Matsumoto can surprise him in any way. Don't get me wrong, it's nice that Tsukisama tries to throw in some little tidbits to consider in otherwise one sided fights, but no one can say that Matsumoto would win the majority with a straight face.

El Samurai Guapo
February 13, 2011, 10:37 PM
Well Tsukisama brings up an interesting point that I honestly wouldn't have even considered when making my decision here; but really now, this tournament is about who can defeat who in a fight. Shunsui wins with extreme ease. I'll even say he does so without severely injuring her in the process.

The guy at least deserves to make it to round three—where he'll go down hard against Gin.

-Ken-
February 13, 2011, 10:59 PM
I count Chad "version 1" that Shunsui beat as AT LEAST a low VC level, and Shunsui can beat Chad without injuring him much. I really highly doubt that Shunsui can't beat Rangiku without making her suffer some injuries.

Lunatic Scream
February 13, 2011, 11:02 PM
Part of me wants to say that Rangiku could seduce her way to victory... but I feel like that darker side of Shunsui we saw against Starrk that would do anything to win might surface, and that would be the end of the poor girl.

Combat-wise she doesn't stand a chance... but I could see, if it happened in the manga, the first part of this fight being filled with Shunsui's perverted antics, until he really has to shut her up.

kkck
February 13, 2011, 11:18 PM
Well, unless matsumoto gets but naked during the fight and we assume kyoraku is gonna act in the stupidest way imaginable then I don't see any plausible reason for him to lose. The fight should quite easily be a simple matter of shunsui shunpoing in and stabbing matsumoto 100 times before she even knows she what happened. Its a no contest, shunsui has an overwhelmingly easy victory as any other captain would have over a measly VC.

Random101
February 13, 2011, 11:37 PM
Shunsui. No question. Even without seriously trying to harm her he takes this.

SaintSheik
February 13, 2011, 11:52 PM
It would be no different if Shunsui was to face off against Harribel, I think. He would want to avoid fighting like when Chad stepped up but if fighting was inevitable, he would defeat Matsumoto with ease.

Side Note: I think Sanji's code would have limits. I mean if Blackbeard's Catalina was to injure Nami or Robin then of course there would be an exception (especially considering she isn't up there on the looks scale)

freshseth83
February 14, 2011, 12:57 AM
Well Tsukisama brings up an interesting point that I honestly wouldn't have even considered when making my decision here; but really now, this tournament is about who can defeat who in a fight. Shunsui wins with extreme ease. I'll even say he does so without severely injuring her in the process.

The guy at least deserves to make it to round three—where he'll go down hard against Gin.

Gin has nothing on Ichigo without resolve, let alone Shunsui. He'd actually have to hit him first, which he couldn't even do to Ichi.

Shunsui takes this round with ease. He'll even be a gentleman about it, and could possibly do to her what Gin did to her. He doesn't even have to kill her. He could knock her out with ease, he's way too fast and skilled for any VC and Matsumoto as big as her ...ahem is, he'd smile and defeat her.

freshseth83
February 14, 2011, 01:54 AM
This is a little off topic, but I doubt it matters considering this topic will be lucky to reach page 2 anyway. But no. Gin was clearly not trying to kill Ichigo, that much is obvious. He was toying with him, if anything, he was trying to help him out, considering they both had the same goal.

I don't buy that. As fast as Gin is, Ichigo is just as fast. Shunsui is just as fast. This pertains to Shunsui, so it's all game. Call Guapos post off topic too since he mentions Gin. Don't single me out. Regardless, he wins this round, and I say the next round as well.

Snake_Cowboy
February 14, 2011, 02:10 AM
I love Rangiku, but the only way I can see her having a chance of beating Kyouraku is if they decide to have a drinking contest instead. :D That might be a much fairer (and more entertaining) match to watch.:amuse

But seriously, somehow I just cannot see either of them taking this fight seriously. At all.:p:tem Knowing Rangiku and Kyouraku, they'd mess around a lot. But really, when it comes down to it, Kyouraku will not hesitate to attack. Given the ease with which he handled Chad and since I think he was around a similar level at the time, Kyouraku wouldn't have any problems incapacitating Rangiku without hurting her too much.

He doesn't even need to use Katen Kyoukotsu, but if it really comes down to it, Bushougoma is more than enough to scatter Haineko's ashes.

Kyouraku wins in time for them to go and have a drink afterwards.:amuse

xXan
February 14, 2011, 02:37 AM
I meant MY post was a little off topic because it wasn't relating to the fight at all, I wasn't singling anyone out but myself.

That's fine if you believe that, but the way I interpreted it was that Gin was very much just screwing around. There's a reason he'd say "your back is turned" and then laugh it off instead of killing him. Gin had no intention of ever killing Ichigo

Yeah... I have to agree with this. Gin was like the Itachi of Bleach. The only thing missing is the 'gift" :P. Ichigo was Gin's last best hope if he failed. I am sure he would not kill him.

On Topic:

Shunsui slaps her silly and then takes her out.

benelori
February 14, 2011, 06:06 AM
I'm a Kyouraku fan so I vote for Kyouraku:p...and probably the manga also speaks for itself in this match...

Jorge D. Dragon
February 14, 2011, 07:34 AM
I think this is even less of a fight that Gin against Ikkaku.:) I'd say Kioraku wins in a sealed state or even withput his zans.:)

Xerneas
February 14, 2011, 09:13 AM
WTF I pressed the wrong button again. Too early in the morning? But it won't make a difference. I didn't even vote for Rangiku against Rukia so this must be karma. -_-;

Shunsui puts her down gently with minimal fuss. Nothing in her weak arsenal is going to do jack to someone who lasted more than a minute against Yamamoto and tanked a point blank cero from #1.

tousendrinksbleach
February 14, 2011, 10:10 AM
dont forget that shunsui is a pervert
matsumuto has a chance to win this

thornofcarrion
February 14, 2011, 12:41 PM
I enjoyed reading Tsuki's post right after the OP, thanks Tsuki. It is indeed a factor to consider. But the thing, the power gap is just too big. Even, if Shunsui wants to, he can evade all her attacks. Its not even necessary for Shunsui to use slash her to win the battle. He can just knock her down. Putting that factor aside, I think Shunsui can win this in no time. Rangiku isn't one of the VCs who can pose much resistance against Shunsui.

benelori
February 14, 2011, 03:13 PM
Haha, yeah the personality could indeed be a key in this match-up...but I think Kyouraku can just do what he did against Sado...although I don't think he would actually cut her, but we've seen Kidou used both by Gin and Kira that just stuns the opponent, knock the opponent out...

But we know that Rangiku has trouble keeping her goodies inside her uniform(see her convo with Hitsu), so Kyouraku might die of blood loss, before he even reacts:tem

Crystal Black
February 14, 2011, 05:17 PM
Even though Kyōraku isn't the kind of type that will fight woman I see him winning in his sealed state. Rangiku might put up some resistance because of Shunsui's character but shes not dealing any type of serious damage.

Raizen
February 14, 2011, 05:26 PM
Shunsui rapes hard without even releasing his zanpaktou... unless matsumoto fight naked, then she might have a chance. :amuse

Cooper
February 14, 2011, 05:32 PM
But we know that Rangiku has trouble keeping her goodies inside her uniform(see her convo with Hitsu), so Kyouraku might die of blood loss, before he even reacts:tem

I'm not so sure about Shunsui, but Sanji definitely would =]

The story: After he puts Rangiku to sleep, Shunsui goes to beat Gin and then gets Rangiku all for himself.

Cyber34
February 15, 2011, 12:29 PM
Shunsui doesn't even have to draw his sword against Rangiku. He wins hands down.

Mayumura
February 15, 2011, 01:05 PM
Something to consider before you cast your vote:

We have never seen Shunsui in combat before with a woman. He has a great fondness and infatuation over women, but do you think that he would have a problem actually fighting a woman?

Before I see a lot of responses about the fights being serious fights, I will call an example from another series: Sanji vs Kalifa from One Piece. That was also a serious fight situation, but Sanji would not strike Kalifa because of his own personal ethical code that prevented him from fighting women.

Thus, I wonder if you feel like Shunsui would have a similar dilemma. Also, to aid in this effort, Rangiku has quite a bit of... womanly charm. :sweat She is known to have a habit of flirtation, and since in this situation Shunsui has never met Rangiku before, he might not be ready for her charms. Do you think she could use her sex appeal and take advantage of Shunsui's weakness for women to the point of finding an opening to be able to win?

Shunsui is determined fighter. I don't think that he will use even shikai against her, but he is a way stronger even without it.
If you comparing him with Sanji - Shunsui never said, that he can't fight with woman.
Also as u remember from battle with Starrk - his fighting style is kinda... dirty. If situation will be dangerous Kyoraku will use all his abilities to win without any attention from moral side.

conn-man
February 15, 2011, 02:21 PM
I agree with other people saying Shunsui could probably win with sealed swords, hes shown to be one of the best swordsman in the story. Also Rangiku is a pretty straight forward fighter while Shunsui is very crafty.

kkck
February 15, 2011, 02:35 PM
I don't think matsumoto would have even a minuscule chance even if shunsui fought with a released zampakuto. Seriously, is there any reason to believe shunsui would not have an overwhelmingly easy victory even without one? What could matsumoto possibly do that would actually land a hit on good old shunsui? Her fastest attack would most likely appear to be in slow motion to shunsui at best.

In all seriousness, the only actual chance matsumoto has to win is for her to give shunsui a striptease (or something nastier perhaps) and hope shunsui dies of a heart attack.

El Samurai Guapo
February 15, 2011, 05:27 PM
I'm not so sure about Shunsui, but Sanji definitely would =]

The story: After he puts Rangiku to sleep, Shunsui goes to beat Gin and then gets Rangiku all for himself.

LOL beats Gin, nice fanfic there.

freshseth83
February 15, 2011, 07:04 PM

'LOL'- so is yours where Shunsui loses to him, 'LOL' :eyeroll

he'll do to Gin what he does to Rangiku, laugh and smile, drink and dodge his sword like Ichigo.

shinsengumi
February 15, 2011, 07:11 PM
shunsui would just dodge all day just to watch rangiku's boob's swing left and right . eventually she will exhaust herself and shunsui will win without hurting her

Baromirek
February 15, 2011, 09:19 PM
Rangiku is a good character, but Shunsui would kill her almost instantly with his shikai, not to mention his unknown bankai. Sorry Matsumoto :P

kkck
February 15, 2011, 11:45 PM
IMO shunsui's shikai would needlessly prolong the fight and would actually benefit rangiku. If shunsui uses shikai then he has to play by the rules. The amount of damage he can deal and receive is controlled by the games. In that sense, what would be the point of using his shikai on rangiku? The odds of one shooting her would decrease since the amount of damage would be limited to the rules and rangiku would actually have a chance of dealing more damage thanks to the very rules than what she would be able to without them (unless someone here genuinely believes matsumoto won't actually be like a crippled turtle next to kyoraku). Shunsui's shikai, while it is truly powerful, would actually hinder him in a fight which he should be more than easily winning without an effort since his shikai allows the enemy a turn. For shunsui's shikai to be practical, he should use it against enemies who can already give him some trouble in some form otherwise he is just wasting time and putting himself at risk for no reason. IMO shunsui would win this faster without using his shikai than if he used it.

shuha27
February 16, 2011, 05:58 AM
Shunsui wins easily. He is to much of an overwhelming foe for rangiku.

Cooper
February 16, 2011, 06:41 AM

lol sorry, but it's more like a fact than a fanfic, soon you'll see for yourself ;)

freshseth83
February 16, 2011, 06:43 AM
The damage done is not up to the games, it's up to Shunsui. The color game would be the only one that would be relevant in any way of relative damage done. All he'd have to do is throw off his kimono and captains robe and call black, it'd be a done deal since the damage done is relative to the amount of said color you have. Just like he did with Starrk. And even if someone gets their best shot, they better have so much of that said color, because even when Starrk said WHITE, that was his greatest color, Shunsui got cut but looked like he shrugged it off. So if it's a battle of reiatsu or color, Shunsui wins, easily.

Gran Maestro
February 16, 2011, 07:27 AM
I think the damage is proportional to someone's reiatsu in color game. (along with other game rules) For example, Shunsui's "gray" did little damage to Starrk, Yamamoto's "gray" would do more damage (but it still wouldn't be lethal) and Matsumoto's "gray" would do no damage at all. (Assuming Yamamoto and Matsumoto don't have gray color on them.)

In that sense, even if Matsumoto calls the color "black" with her black outfit, I doubt she can kill Shunsui, she doesn't have enough reiatsu. Starrk slashed Shunsui with his best color "white" but Shunsui didn't go down and went on to defeat Starrk. Since we know Starrk was a reiatsu monster, Shunsui must have been pretty resistant to shrug off the attack.

freshseth83
February 16, 2011, 07:33 AM
Shunsui's gray did little damage because he had no gray. That was said by Starrk in the manga. But the picture shows Shunsui's sword going THROUGH his arm. That's why he was surprised the wound was shallow. He said it felt like he practically cut off his arm. Which if he didn't call gray and wasn't playing the game, he would have. That's the hax of Shunsui game. So just calling pink wont do good if you don't have pink on. That's why when he said gray it gave him a shallow cut to his arm. That was Shunsui giving Starrk the hints. And people say he doesn't play fair!

Gran Maestro
February 16, 2011, 07:53 AM
^ Yes, Shunsui's attack would have cut Starrk's arm off if they hadn't been playing the color game. An attack capable of cutting off Starrk's arm was reduced to a small cut. If Matsumoto was in Shunsui's place, IMO she would have failed to do any damage at all because her hit would have been much weaker.

Since Shunsui had no gray on him, nothing Starrk could do would hurt Shunsui, Shunsui was basically an incorporeal spirit. If Starrk had used his cero or wolves, IMO they would have gone right through Shunsui without harming him. Shunsui told Starrk that he had to choose a color that was on him, it was nice of him to give this hint.

soDeq05
February 16, 2011, 11:25 AM
I say Shunsui will win easily against Rangiku. :toc This is because, Shunsui was one of the first Shinigami to become a captain through the Shinigami academy. He was also personally trained by Yamamoto. He is also the oldest captains amongst the Gotei 13, with the exception of Unohana, Ukitake and Yamamoto himself. So, that is why I think Rangiku will not stand any chance against Shunsui. :tem

exacta
February 16, 2011, 01:33 PM
I feel really bad for todays match-ups....Ikkaku vs Gin? Yoruichi vs Lisa? Byakya vs Mashiro?? And Shunsui vs Rangiku??!! There all going to be landslides lol...

AlB
February 17, 2011, 02:06 PM
Is this thread not dead yet? :D

@exacta I hear you man! it's damn boring right now, but the later fights are gonna be helluva juicy :amuse

Jorge D. Dragon
February 18, 2011, 05:32 AM
Hope we'll get some interesting fights, cause for now on this round we don't even have any kind of discucion. It's just so owerwhelming for one of the parts.:)

Also I hope we won't see fanfics in the upcoming fights.:)

monkey D luffy
February 18, 2011, 09:19 AM
hell i think he can overwhelm her with reiatsu alone, he is no where near yama but i feel like he can do so, just remember what happened between ichigo and kenpachi when they first met, ichigo was already above renji at that point and he wasnt able to move when kenpachi just leaked his reiatsu, seriously this isnt even fair anymore, shunsui just have to stare at her and leak reiatsu to win here... i doubt the gap between shusui and yama is so huge the same effect yama had on shunsui's vc wont happen against matsumoto

Junior
February 18, 2011, 09:35 AM
Unless Matsumoto fights him butt-naked...Shunsui wins this.

Easily.

Tsukisama
February 18, 2011, 08:02 PM
Shunsui trumps the lovely lady! He shall advance on into Round 3. Discuss the result of this match and all others in the Tournament Discussion thread.

Stay tuned for more details! :cheerbunny