PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

ailoveyou
February 11, 2011, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Ai and I'm new to manga scanlating and the community ^^

A little bit about me, I'm a 21-year-old Asian-American girl who loves to read manga (my favorite shoujo mangaka is Watase Yuu as I was addicted to Alice 19th, Fushigi Yuugi, Imadoki and Zettai Kareshi, hehe~)

I originally joined to post an ad looking for a few people for my new yaoi group I'm putting together (let's shamelessly plug it here as well, lol! There's a link in my signature), but the rest of the forum also looks fun and friendly so I thought I'd come say hi. Hopefully I can find the help I need soon but until then I think I'll take a look around the community.

Thanks for reading! :3

Kaiten
February 11, 2011, 04:51 PM
A shoujo fan. Bring friends :wtf

Welcome to the site! How did you find MH? In addition to Yuu-sensei, any favorite manga/mangaka?

ailoveyou
February 11, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hehe, I'll try! And thanks for the welcome, still trying to get used to the place but I like what I've seen so far~ I was Googling around for scanlating information since I'm hoping to get a group together and I somehow ended up here xD

Aside from Watase-sensei, shoujo-wise, I'm also a big fan of Shinjo Mayu, Tamura Yumi and Aihara Miki :3

scav
February 11, 2011, 06:22 PM
ai love you too and welcome :p
take a tour of the FunForum if you have some time :)

igotthegoods
February 11, 2011, 09:23 PM
Hi and welcome, Ai! :bye

Do you read any manga genres other than shoujo (and yaoi, I'm assuming by your sig :p)? What are your favorites? How did you get your start reading manga/watching anime?

And yay for another shoujo fan! :hi5

phio_chan
February 12, 2011, 08:14 AM
Hi there, ailoveyou. As a new member for a new member, a warm welcome for you! :D I wish you good luck with your scan group project as I'm starting mine as well. Good luck to both of us! ^^

Why did you choose to create a yaoi manga scan group?

steelwingcrash1
February 12, 2011, 08:55 AM
Hey there. I'm inviting you to check out the General Discussions/Category. Please share your ideas because I love to read and to react on the opinions of others.

It seems you have knowledge in scanlating. I could learn a thing or two from you because I also want to learn how to scanlate.

lordHokage
February 17, 2011, 08:29 PM
Hello ailoveyou,

Welcome to MH and the zone. Are you a Naruto, Bleach or One Piece fan?

Take care, lordHokge. :)

ailoveyou
February 18, 2011, 01:55 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! :3

igotthegoods
Other than shoujo and yaoi, I like to read shounen manga from time to time~ Some of my favorites are Yotsubato, Great Teacher Onizuka and Rurouni Kenshin :) I started reading manga back in middle school when I discovered my local library had some and I started watching anime when Pokemon was just beginning~

phio69
Ah, you are also starting a scanlation group of your own? I wish you good luck as well! I wanted to open up a group because I like to buy manga magazines right when they come out and follow stories just as the mangaka is developing them - I thought, "Why can't non-Japanese readers have the same experience instead of waiting for the tankoubon to be translated?" ^^;

lordHokage
Oh, I am a big fan of Bleach (even though I only began following the series a couple weeks ago; I know! I'm so late! DX) but I also like One Piece and Naruto, too~