PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 223 Discussion/224 Predictions

Tsukisama
February 13, 2011, 01:33 AM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the translation for this chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/223/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

jorped
February 20, 2011, 10:00 AM
chapter out
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96341015/1

lawlett-kun
February 20, 2011, 10:15 AM
wow what a great chapter. So lucy's mom was also celestial mage.I wonder why capricorn wants to kill her so badly.anyway great chapter

Sollum
February 20, 2011, 10:17 AM
Flawless chapter! Long wait was worth it!

Caprico is awesome! Kill Lucy Capri! Kill her! Let her blood wash the streets, and her skull on a pike be a warning to other mages that this manga is only for kewl mages!

I wonder who will stop Etherion from decimating Fairy Island =?

Newkerzy
oboyboyoboyboy!!!! yes!!! finally, we find out something about Layla soon. I'm betting big bucks there's going to be a BIG connection between her and the events on the island. From the looks of it, it seems that Layla may have had all 12 keys. If Loki knows Layla, then there's a HUGE chance all the other keys know her as well.

jorped
interesting chapter but it would had been better if we saw Natsu, but it was pretty interesting to see that the council is comparing FT with grimoire and even Zeref. but i think that the only way FT can have any chance of get out of there alive is if doranbalt and the others managed to contact HQ. that will certainly raise the chance of the fairies dont die.

and we get to see more about one of the 7 and it some pretty good magic , its going to be almost impossible for loki to defeat him , but it was very good to get to know a bit more about lucy mom and i hope next chapter we get some awesome revelations :)

Ero-Sanji
February 20, 2011, 10:18 AM
Wow!

What an awesome battle, chapter and story-telling!

First of all we finally got to see Lucy's mother and she's not bad either being Caprico's former master and all. It seems as if their separation was quite bad since he wants to do bad things to Lucy. All of this really makes me want to know how rather than why Lucy's mother vanished/died. Seeing how Lucy is between 17-18 it seems as if the break off between Reira and Caprico occurred when Lucy was newly born, I wonder what special mission he was sent off to and why he never returned? Could it be that Hades found him?

Seems as if Mest is having feelings for FT and that he might even join the guild in the near future. Did he also hint at joining the battle with the Lachryma thing?

Last but not least Caprico's magic is off the hook being able to control and summon humans. I really wonder though to what extent his magic goes and if it really is his standard magic. Also, why aren't the human dying and were are they being kept? So many questions arose from this chapter.

EDIT: This so called civil war happened in 799 but Lucy was born in 767 and that plus 17-18 equals 784-785. You guys think it was an error in the translation or what?

Faust Lim
February 20, 2011, 10:20 AM
I liked this chapter alot, unlike the previous chapters it had the old feel of fairy tail which just dissapeared since the os arc....well first off, interesting,...rahal is here too, and my prediction is that he won't call the HQ and they will help ft...also maybe calling gildarts, freed and bixlow instead...interesting to note that caprico has an extremely interesting ability, i wonder what other humans he is keeping and if it is a lost magic ability hades taught him, and is that how he is sustaining himself?...and it seems that just like loki, he caused the death of his owner and maybe lucy can somehow release him...i loved the color page showing gajeel so bad ass...overall, i really liked this chapter and it is a great departure from the last few chapters focusing on GH!!!

White Silver King
February 20, 2011, 10:27 AM
Well, his leaving of the Spirit World coincides with Layla's disappearance. She probably sent him out on a mission and when he came back, she was gone. He probably thinks she left him to die.

Faust Lim
February 20, 2011, 10:28 AM
i had a feeling mest was gonna join ft but yeah i wander what restriction does caprico magic has, maybe, like celestial mages, the number of humans he can summon is restricted to his magic power, and unlike celestial mages, the humans doesn't "fight" for him and doesn't have special abilities like spirits and is weaker, and just a thought, maybe layla sent him on a mission and she died, because she wasn't protected by caprico and now caprico hates her and subsequently, her daughter...notice gajeel iron skin in the color page, i got a feeling he is going to fight kain hikaru...and where the hell is Hades?

lawlett-kun
February 20, 2011, 10:30 AM
i had a feeling mest was gonna join ft but yeah i wander what restriction does caprico magic has, maybe, like celestial mages, the number of humans he can summon is restricted to his magic power, and unlike celestial mages, the humans doesn't "fight" for him and doesn't have special abilities like spirits and is weaker, and just a thought, what if caprico subordinate lucy's mother by accident of something...notice gajeel iron skin in the color page, i got a feeling he is going to fight kain hikaru...and where the hell is Hades?

i am not too sure about mest joining ft but atleast he will help them out right now..Oh and about color page its from chapter 212 sogajeel isnt going to fight next

sarutobi_sensei
February 20, 2011, 10:34 AM
oboyboyoboyboy!!!! yes!!! finally, we find out something about Layla soon. I'm betting big bucks there's going to be a BIG connection between her and the events on the island. From the looks of it, it seems that Layla may have had all 12 keys. If Loki knows Layla, then there's a HUGE chance all the other keys know her as well.

Agreed! Finally we learn something of Layla. Isn't this the first time that we've learned that she was a mage?

Seems that the separation occurred when Lucy was just a small newborn. How many years ago did Layla disappear anyway?

All is connecting. We were right in thinking that her mother has a connection to all this :D

Could Leo have also known her mother?

Damn I wanna know what's the connection.

I imagine the scenario where Layla disappears and Caprico thinks that she has left him and so decides to hate all humans but just can't kill Lucy because he loved his former master.

If he comes to attack Lucy, then I can see all the other spirits appearing before him and saying: Master Layla would be disappointed in you, Caprico.

Wow!

What an awesome battle, chapter and story-telling!

First of all we finally got to see Lucy's mother and she's not bad either being Caprico's former master and all. It seems as if their separation was quite bad since he wants to do bad things to Lucy. All of this really makes me want to know how rather than why Lucy's mother vanished/died. Seeing how Lucy is between 17-18 it seems as if the break off between Reira and Caprico occurred when Lucy was newly born, I wonder what special mission he was sent off to and why he never returned? Could it be that Hades found him?

Either it's because he was jealous of Lucy being born, or it's because she went missing/died and he thought that she abandoned him.

Seems as if Mest is having feelings for FT and that he might even join the guild in the near future. Did he also hint at joining the battle with the Lachryma thing?

Last but not least Caprico's magic is off the hook being able to control and summon humans. I really wonder though to what extent his magic goes and if it really is his standard magic.
Mest having feelings for FT members will be a huge influence. He'll probably go and warn them of what's going to happen.

Being able to control and summon humans is a great magic. Weakening them and using their powers to his advantage, no wonder it's a lost magic.

wooticus
February 20, 2011, 10:43 AM
finally we got some hint on why lucy was talking about her playing a big role in the upcoming arc. caprico will go for lucy so i guess the 3 other will nearly die to protect her. this together with some lucy talk will make caprico turn over to the good ones -> lucy will have a new spirit, FT will have a weapon against GH. I mean come on, Caprico already stated that he doesn't fully understand hades intentions...

but i hope it won't be an etherion story again. i don't think you can destroy zeref by firing etherion.. it would be by far cooler if this council boss comes there personally with his friends and shows that not only dark guilds have some uber-powerful mages. i like the theory of mest actually calling for bixlow, freed, gildarts AND luxus..

gildarts vs akuma seems to be a battle everybody waits for.. well it would be some kind of fanservice but.. he may have killed mira so make him vanish into thousand pieces!

and the two raijin tribe guys (+ luxus) may have a nice revenge for evergreens fail

edit: does somebody know who zoldio is?

Shiro Tsuki
February 20, 2011, 10:46 AM
AHHH
The chapter was great!
But this release on a late sunday - sucks!! :s

Anyhow - I have a gut feeling the Caprico (finally a stellar spirit hah) will lose!
When they start getting all pissed off -
Going all crazy - well they lose!

I feel Caprico doesn't know that Layla (or Reira :D) is dead!
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96341015/21
He asks Loke "where is that woman?" - Def asking for Layla...
Now the whole debate goes on if Lucy's mom is truly dead or has just flew awy!

Ero-Sanji
February 20, 2011, 10:46 AM
Agreed! Finally we learn something of Layla. Isn't this the first time that we've learned that she was a mage?

I think the keys that Lucy had from the beginning were her mothers and adding Caprico into the mix and she might have been an excellent mage. I also think that she and Lucy's father was a part of a guild called Love and Lucky or something.

About the magic of Caprico, we know that his current is about controlling, summoning and weakening humans but that's his lost magic, magic that he probably learned from Hades but what was his original power, the stellar spirit one?

White Silver King
February 20, 2011, 10:48 AM
I don't think Gildarts and all them are coming back anytime soon. Grimoire Heart was said to be the strongest Dark Guild. FT needs to lose so GH can disappear with Zeref and then FT can fight Tartoros in the next arc. I mean, how stupid would it be if FT defeats GH here and then in the next arc goes to fight Tartoros (who is weaker than GH). They'd have no problem beating them and the arc would pointless.

I also think that she and Lucy's father was a part of a guild called Love and Lucky or something.
That was a Merchant's Guild not a Mage Guild.

tobeulp
February 20, 2011, 10:58 AM
Well as Hades defeat Makarov it is a given that Grimoire Heart will win if not then this is pure BS...
As for the chapter all I could say is another epic chapter I am glad that Mashima is making this arc the most crucial with most of the revelation of characters in one arc is pure epic this is a One Piece level arc .

Shadow Limiter
February 20, 2011, 10:58 AM
I don't think Gildarts and all them are coming back anytime soon. Grimoire Heart was said to be the strongest Dark Guild. FT needs to lose so GH can disappear with Zeref and then FT can fight Tartoros in the next arc. I mean, how stupid would it be if FT defeats GH here and then in the next arc goes to fight Tartoros (who is weaker than GH). They'd have no problem beating them and the arc would pointless.

When exactly was it said that "Grimoire Heart" is the strongest in the "Balam Alliance" and is also stronger than "Raven Tail".

White Silver King
February 20, 2011, 11:06 AM
^Levy says it is the strongest dark guild. You can find it in one of the chapters when her and Gajeel are fighting against those two GH lackeys if you want to see it so bad. It also says it on the Fairy Tail Wiki on the GH page multiple times.

kamakazi_1996
February 20, 2011, 11:08 AM
This chapter is awesome, I never would have guessed Caprico was reira's spirit, i wonder what grudge he has against her, it would probably have something to do with lucy's birth because Caprico did say he left 17 years ago and lucy is around 17 years old.

i dont know why they are firing the etherion, isn't fairy tail one of their allies, the leader of the council must be some sort of heartless bastard to do something like that.

I bet if they actually fire it Natsu will pull out some hax power by eating it like he did when he fought gerard ;)

wooticus
February 20, 2011, 11:08 AM
quick idea:

the contract between lucys mother and caprico didn't end with her dying because he was still summoned and so he had the same fate as loki. but lucy as her blood relative somehow inherited that contract so she could be able to force him back into spirit dimension?

Newkerzy
February 20, 2011, 11:10 AM
Something I just realized: Caprico kidnapped that guy in X 799. It doesn't make sense since the current year is supposed to be X 784. Loki didn't say anything about him being able to travel through time. I'm guessing this is a mistake on MS' part. I think Caprico's magic is definitely his spirit ability. I doubt Loki would know it if he didn't know it beforehand.

White Silver King
February 20, 2011, 11:15 AM
The years probably count down. Either way it was 15 years ago which is very interesting seeing as how he didn't leave the Spirit World until 17 years ago. It seems he had his lost magic while he still belonged to Layla or his Subjugation Magic is actually his magic and we have yet to see his Lost Magic.

Zatono
February 20, 2011, 11:17 AM
Now THIS was an unexpected chapter. Now I want to know why Capricorn wants to kill Lucy. From that 1 panel we saw it didn't seem like Capricorn would have any reason to kill her...

Ero-Sanji
February 20, 2011, 11:23 AM
The years probably count down. Either way it was 15 years ago which is very interesting seeing as how he didn't leave the Spirit World until 17 years ago. It seems he had his lost magic while he still belonged to Layla or his Subjugation Magic is actually his magic and we have yet to see his Lost Magic.

No they don't, Lucy was born in x767 and the dragons disappeared in x777 so it was probably wrong in the translation as I pointed out earlier. I guess it was meant to say x699.

morau-san
February 20, 2011, 11:30 AM
i think caprico's stellar spirit magic is that magic that weakens humans. thats why loki knew of it and wasn't surprised about it. the magic that actually subjugates them and allows caprico to summon them at will is probably his lost magic. which is why loki was surprised when he used it. Also, remember when caprico took everyone off the air ship and summon them down on the island? that was probably him subjugating them all for a time and then resummoning them around the island. i wonder how many he can have at once? o.O

zidane
February 20, 2011, 11:32 AM
Sorry guys, you are all correct, we had a little typo there, I double checked with the raw and updated the page on the reader:

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96341015/18

Hit F5 to reload it, the actual year is 779.

saya1987
February 20, 2011, 11:38 AM
I'm totally in love with this chapter. My heart is still thumping with excitement after reading the whole chapter although I kinda guess that Caprico was somehow connected to Layla. How else is he going to be Lucy's spirit later?! There's has to be a strong reason to persuade him to leave his guild to join Lucy after dedicating his life to the guild for more than a decade. What's a stronger reason than a bond between him and Layla which would also extend to Lucy?

Anyway, what a cliffhanger this chapter is! I think one of Caprico's reasons for Zeref is probably to revive layla! Note the words on Pg 8, " the world will be eveloped with magic and reborn"...well, at least that's what I think his reasons are unless he is out for revenge(which probably arose out of being abandoned)

shuha27
February 20, 2011, 11:38 AM
Awesome chapter! Finally more about Lucy's mom. It seems like Lucy knew all along that Capricorn was a stellar spirit. Lucy looks a lot more like Elie from Rave Master in this chapter.

miramira
February 20, 2011, 11:42 AM
From the looks of it, it seems that Layla may have had all 12 keys. If Loki knows Layla, then there's a HUGE chance all the other keys know her as well.

I thought the same (though we can't really be sure yet), since it wasn't stated how Lucy got the keys she had from the start of the manga. If so, then Loki was also Layla's stellar spirit -- makes me wonder if he realized about Lucy and Layla's connection somtime before this arc started or if he just remembered it with Caprico's presence.

Cool chapter! Now we have a view of what Lucy means by saying she will participate "in a special way" ...must be something related to her mother and their stellar spirits.

I wonder:

Why Caprico seems to hate Layla, when in the memory bit he seemed to be an obedient spirit..most likely been aftermath of whatever mission he went to, but what could have made him hate her? Enough to want to hurt Lucy?

Also.. if there's a chance that Lucy's mother is not dead after all? It was never stated how she died.. would it be believable to assume that Caprico may have captured Layla as well? She could even be the reason why he started to capture humans to become his subordinate and thus became his first capture..

{EDIT: Heh. I reread and thought it was never said that Caprico hates Layla.. Though it could be that he hates her that's why he wants to hurt Lucy, it may also be that he doesn't but thinks of Lucy as an enemy - maybe Lucy was the reason for Layla's death and blames her... though that may seem like a cliche it could be possible I guess? Sorry I seem to be sleep-talking just now. Too many hunches. xDD}

This chapter made me consider for a second if, maybe, it was Lucy's hand in Charle's vision afterall. D: With someone wanting badly to hurt Lucy... gah. Now it seems a bit possible, but darn, that wouldn't be good. Ohwell. I'll hang on to my faith in that Lucy will not die in this series. ((If it was her, in that vision, maybe she got beat up and **almost** died or something? :S ))

Anyway good chapter, thanks for the update, it was worth the wait, the slight Loki x Lucy part made me happy enough not to think about my worries for Mira for a while there :p

So as I get it... they will give focus to everyone's battles. That would be good, I guess:))

I am hoping to really see Cana fight.. too bad they have to run.. we've never really seen her fight a full-length battle before. (we saw her fighting alongside FT durng Phantom, a little bit against Fried during Fighting Festival, but that's about the longest we saw of her in a battle, right?) Hopefully we will next time :)

saya1987
February 20, 2011, 11:50 AM
I thought the same (though we can't really tell yet), since it wasn't stated how Lucy got the keys she had from the start of the manga. If so, then Loki was also Layla's stellar spirit -- makes me wonder if he realized about Lucy and Layla's connection somtime before this arc started or if he just remembered it with Caprico's presence.

Why Caprico seems to hate Layla, when in the memory bit he seemed to be an obedient spirit..most likely been aftermath of whatever mission he went to, but what could have made him hate her? Enough to want to hurt Lucy?

Also.. if there's a chance that Lucy's mother is not dead after all? It was never stated how she died.. would it be believable to assume that Caprico may have captured Layla as well? She could even be the reason why he started to capture humans to become his subordinate and thus became his first capture..

This chapter made me consider for a second if, maybe, it was Lucy's hand in Charle's vision afterall. D: With someone wanting badly to hurt Lucy... gah. Now it seems a bit possible, but darn, that wouldn't be good. Ohwell. I'll hang on to my faith in that Lucy will not die in this series. ((If it was her, in that vision, maybe she got beat up and **almost** died or something? :S ))

I'm thinking of the same thing too! Even if Lucy died, Caprico would probably whip out smth to save her out of guilt because she's afterall his master's daughter.

Shadow Limiter
February 20, 2011, 11:52 AM
^Levy says it is the strongest dark guild. You can find it in one of the chapters when her and Gajeel are fighting against those two GH lackeys if you want to see it so bad. It also says it on the Fairy Tail Wiki on the GH page multiple times.

Well the only place i can find it is at the end of ch 210.

But that line which Levy said "A Dark Guild, Now what is the strongest guild doing on this island" based on molokidan's translation, doesn't sound to me like she is directly saying that GH is the strongest.

To me it rather feels like she is saying 'why is one of the most strongest dark guild is on there island'.

Also how in the world can a character like Levy know the power levels of Dark Guild's. If it was someone like Makarov, or any old aged mage saying that line i could believe it but i won't believe it from someone like Levy. Also things on wiki are not always 100% accurate.

ca12nag3
February 20, 2011, 11:54 AM
I thought the same (though we can't really tell yet), since it wasn't stated how Lucy got the keys she had from the start of the manga. If so, then Loki was also Layla's stellar spirit -- makes me wonder if he realized about Lucy and Layla's connection somtime before this arc started or if he just remembered it with Caprico's presence.

Cool chapter! Now we have a view of what Lucy means by saying she will participate "in a special way" ...must be something related to her mother and their stellar spirits.

I wonder:

Anyway good chapter, thanks for the update, it was worth the wait, the slight Loki x Lucy part made me happy enough not to think about my worries for Mira for a while there :p

So as I get it... they will give focus to everyone's battles. That would be good, I guess:))

I was hoping to really see Cana fight.. too bad thy have to run.. we've never really seen her fight a full-length battle before. (we saw her fighting alongside FT durng Phantom, a little bit against Fried during Fighting Festival, but that's about the longest we saw of her in a battle, right?) Hopefully we will next time :)

Loki wasnt Laylas spirit-key but that other woman that died. Also what he might know about Capricorn as in why he let Lucy escape could just as easily be from him hearing things in the spirit world about Lucys mother.

White Silver King
February 20, 2011, 11:57 AM
Well the only place i can find it is at the end of ch 210.

But that line which Levy said "A Dark Guild, Now what is the strongest guild doing on this island" based on molokidan's translation, doesn't sound to me like she is directly saying that GH is the strongest.

To me it rather feels like she is saying 'why is one of the most strongest dark guild is on there island'.
Not to be rude, but it doesn't really matter how you feel. She directly states they are the strongest guild. Not "one of the strongest" or anything like that, she simply said "the strongest". I see no room for debate.

Also how in the world can a character like Levy know the power levels of Dark Guild's. If it was someone like Makarov, or any old aged mage saying that line i could believe it but i won't believe it from someone like Levy. Also things on wiki are not always 100% accurate.
She is one of the smartest and most knowledgable people in the series, she knows what's she's talking about. And I haven't found anything on the Wiki that can't be backed up by the manga.

Loki wasnt Laylas spirit-key but that other woman that died. Also what he might know about Capricorn as in why he let Lucy escape could just as easily be from him hearing things in the spirit world about Lucys mother.

He could have been Layla's before he was Karen's.

Sollum
February 20, 2011, 12:01 PM
I was thinking, and it just doesn't make any sense...

Let's say Layla had 12 zodiac key's. Then why did she marry that snob and why the hell she was in "Economical" Guild?

I just really hope it's not the case where Lucy's father hid facts from her and bankrupted on purpose so he could live closer to her...

Worst case scenario - Lucy's father is a good person, and acted like that on purpose. In fact he was a super mage together with Layla! And Lucy is a super mage that doesn't posses any serious magic...

kkck
February 20, 2011, 12:11 PM
Nice chapter, I did not expect the developments. I guess it makes sense caprico is able to manipulate people like that.

Wonder how spirits connect to the abyss of magic. Magic in itself is held by very few people and even then it would seem it was not always accepted. How did the spirits came to be and how come caprico has a lost magic? Loki knows of caprico's human subordination magic so it is unlikely that was learned from hades. Does that mean caprico used lost magic from before meeting hades? Or does that mean caprico has a second type of magic which he did learn from hades? This could be dangerous if caprico did learn magic from hades. Or perhaps stellar spirits are inherently close to the abyss of magic and all of them use lost magic? Then perhaps lucy actually has a better chance than other FT mages against the seven kin considering lucy would have a number of creatures who use lost magic.

Another interesting thing is that lucy is 17 and caprico disappeared 17 years ago. Perhaps mashima messed up with the timeline though. If I recall lucy's dad left his guild and went private as his wife was pregnant with lucy. That means caprico must have gone rogue around that time. In turn we see caprico with lucy's mom in a time when she was already evidently rich. Does that mean mashima messed with the timeline or that he went rogue while serving under lucy's mom? If mashima did not mess the timeline then it means that the very reason caprico went rogue was because of lucy's mom. But why would he go rogue like that for her? Caprico seems to have a deep hatred for lucy's mom, I hope it won't be because her priorities changed to lucy rather than being a mage or something of the sort. From lucy's expression at the end of the chapter it would seem she noticed that caprico would go for her or something of the sort. At least she knows caprico used to be her mom's stellar spirit and something happened.

As for how caprico stays in the human world for so long I guess it is because of his magic. He probably uses the magic or energy of the humans he has as subordinates.

As for the title of the next chapter, I am not sure what it means. What is "Zoldio"? Or do they mean zodiac? If they are going to go about zodiac's ambition then perhaps caprico wants to free spirits from human control?
[hr]

I was thinking, and it just doesn't make any sense...

Let's say Layla had 12 zodiac key's. Then why did she marry that snob and why the hell she was in "Economical" Guild?

I just really hope it's not the case where Lucy's father hid facts from her and bankrupted on purpose so he could live closer to her...

Worst case scenario - Lucy's father is a good person, and acted like that on purpose. In fact he was a super mage together with Layla! And Lucy is a super mage that doesn't posses any serious magic...

I don't think layla had all 12 keys. She probably did have the golden keys lucy started out with. Also, lucy's father was not always a snoob, remember the flashback from when lucy went to rescue her dad. As for why she was in the merchant guild, perhaps she had entrepreneur ambitions herself. Lucy herself wants to be a writer and other fairy tail mages seem to have ambitions in areas where magic does not have any relevance. Being a guild mage does not strike as me something which most mages want to do for too long but rather it is the means to get to their own ambition.

miramira
February 20, 2011, 12:18 PM
Waaait. when Lucy's mother died, lCaprico has already left the stellar spirit world. It couldn't have been her death that caused him to leave. I though of this:

Layla was still alive when Lucy was a kid of maybe 5-7 years old as shown in chapter 144 .. see http://www.mangareader.net/135-21280-13/fairy-tail/chapter-144.html .. where young Lucy said, "Mama, I love stellar Spirits!" Unless Lucy was talking to the sky in reference to her mom or maybe a portrait insted of Layla herself. Anyways. By that time, Caprico has already left the stellar spirit world for about 4-6 years...

So what I just thought up there that "maybe Lucy was the reason for Layla's death and blames her" would not be valid to be Caprico's reason for leaving the stellar spirit world, as it (could have) happened long after that.

chrizzl
February 20, 2011, 12:21 PM
im not sure did lucys mum die at giving birth, because that may explain why hes angry at them, as he could have been forced relesed/ sent back to the spirt world beofre his master died at giving birth etc.

Lozmaster
February 20, 2011, 12:21 PM
Well as Hades defeat Makarov it is a given that Grimoire Heart will win if not then this is pure BS...

Why don't you go ask Jose and Aria how well beating makarov once worked out for them?

Not to be rude, but it doesn't really matter how you feel. She directly states they are the strongest guild. Not "one of the strongest" or anything like that, she simply said "the strongest". I see no room for debate.
There isn't any sort of definite ranking of which guilds are strongest. Let alone the dark guilds. The only thing that anybody knows is that they were worthy of being in the balam alliance which claims to be the three strongest dark guilds.
Heck, if you mean this page http://www.mangareader.net/135-58493-19/fairy-tail/chapter-210.html
Its the members of grimore heart answering Levy/Gajeel. They call fairy tail the strongest guild, not the other way around...

White Silver King
February 20, 2011, 12:27 PM
^Uh, no. The arrow clearly points to Levy's mouth. And why would they ask why a guild is on their own island? That makes no sense.

miramira
February 20, 2011, 12:45 PM
Another interesting thing is that lucy is 17 and caprico disappeared 17 years ago. Perhaps mashima messed up with the timeline though. If I recall lucy's dad left his guild and went private as his wife was pregnant with lucy. That means caprico must have gone rogue around that time. In turn we see caprico with lucy's mom in a time when she was already evidently rich. Does that mean mashima messed with the timeline or that he went rogue while serving under lucy's mom?

Ah I didn't remember that o_o But yes, Layla was pregnant when they left the merchant guild.

Is "disappearing" equivalent to resigning as a stellar spirit? It would contradict that Caprico disappeared 17yrs ago and was shown to still be with his master years afterward.

Unless he "disappeared" from everyone's view but remained with Layla for a year or more until they fell out.

I also thought for a brief moment that he may not have been w/ Layla as her stellar spirit (in that flashback panel) since he's supposedly have "disappeared" -or resigned?- before that... Maybe he was working for her for some other reason (wow were they doing underground jobs? kewl if so.)

Anyways, it's 1:40 am here already, I better turn in for the night. Looking forward to the next chapter! :D

__
Sorry for the double post, dear mods. I thought the first one wasn't posted. This ancient browser has been acting up. Sorry again.

Lozmaster
February 20, 2011, 12:49 PM
^Uh, no. The arrow clearly points to Levy's mouth. And why would they ask why a guild is on their own island? That makes no sense.

The text bubble is right in the middle of the chicken dudes mouth. Earlier in that chapter, fairy tail is explicity called the strongest guild.
And you can't think of a reason that they would want to know why there are mages on fairy tails "holy land" where normally no-one would be allowed, (like many real "holy lands"), that is used at most a few days a year instead of at the guild, which is as we know, on a completely different island, or on jobs. And thats assuming the S-rank exam always happens there, and where zeref has been able to stay safely because the island has been otherwise deserted as a result?

Thorvardur
February 20, 2011, 12:49 PM
I think Mest will call for reinforcement and many crazy powerful mages will come and fight against GH and causing them to retreat away with Zeref but leaving objective two behind: "Destroying Fairy tail" also I predicted that Capricio was a spirit and him and Lucy where going to become a big role in the future story. I don't think Gildartz, fried and bixlow will come but I certainly hope so! I rather predict Luxus coming, cuz he got the call from Makarov.

I'ts pretty confirmed that next chapter will be about Gajeel kicking someones asses!! he's too freaking cool! xD I hope he beats the living crap out of the weirdo rustyrose or the other one who's weirder with the big head and talks to fast.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 20, 2011, 01:03 PM
The chapter was really interesting.:) I didn't expect Lucy's mother to tied up with the current Arc, but still... I want to know, why Caprico wants to kill Lucy. Hope she isn't the most powerful mage that can kill Zeref or Hades in a blink of an eye. It would be a bit lame at least for me.
Also it was interesting to see that the Chairman of the Council can actually fire Etherion on the island to take out everyone. Though it was good to see Mest being a good guy who cares about FT mages.:) It won't be bad if he actually joins FT.:)

MonsterEnvy
February 20, 2011, 01:40 PM
Why don't you go ask Jose and Aria how well beating makarov once worked out for them?

they played dirty to win Hades just crushed him easily plus the other seven Kin have won their fights so far ecsept for zancrow

sarutobi_sensei
February 20, 2011, 02:22 PM
If he does fire etherion, I'm guessing that it won't have any effect, like being completely nullified by the magic surrounding FT Island. Now that would be a shock :D

Krono
February 20, 2011, 02:24 PM

It's the first time it's been confirmed, but people have been speculating that Layla was a stellar spirit mage since at least the Oricon Seis arc.

Seems that the separation occurred when Lucy was just a small newborn. How many years ago did Layla disappear anyway?

Seven. She died the same year that the dragons vanished, though the exact date of her death remains unknown.

I think the keys that Lucy had from the beginning were her mothers and adding Caprico into the mix and she might have been an excellent mage. I also think that she and Lucy's father was a part of a guild called Love and Lucky or something.

They were in a merchants guild, not a wizards guild. The anime added Lucy contracting Taurus at some pasture, so he probably won't be one of Lucy's mother's keys, but that still leaves Aquarius and Cancer unaccounted for.

Wonder how spirits connect to the abyss of magic. Magic in itself is held by very few people and even then it would seem it was not always accepted. How did the spirits came to be and how come caprico has a lost magic? Loki knows of caprico's human subordination magic so it is unlikely that was learned from hades. Does that mean caprico used lost magic from before meeting hades? Or does that mean caprico has a second type of magic which he did learn from hades? This could be dangerous if caprico did learn magic from hades. Or perhaps stellar spirits are inherently close to the abyss of magic and all of them use lost magic? Then perhaps lucy actually has a better chance than other FT mages against the seven kin considering lucy would have a number of creatures who use lost magic.

I suspect that Loki knows of it simply because he's old. Stellar spirits don't seem to age, so Loki's probably been around for quite a while. Theoretically, all of Lucy's spirits are old enough to have participated in the wars Zeref caused.

Another interesting thing is that lucy is 17 and caprico disappeared 17 years ago. Perhaps mashima messed up with the timeline though. If I recall lucy's dad left his guild and went private as his wife was pregnant with lucy. That means caprico must have gone rogue around that time. In turn we see caprico with lucy's mom in a time when she was already evidently rich. Does that mean mashima messed with the timeline or that he went rogue while serving under lucy's mom? If mashima did not mess the timeline then it means that the very reason caprico went rogue was because of lucy's mom. But why would he go rogue like that for her? Caprico seems to have a deep hatred for lucy's mom, I hope it won't be because her priorities changed to lucy rather than being a mage or something of the sort. From lucy's expression at the end of the chapter it would seem she noticed that caprico would go for her or something of the sort. At least she knows caprico used to be her mom's stellar spirit and something happened.

I doubt Mashima messed up the time line. Enough money to go private can easily mean enough money to have nice things.

Also it was interesting to see that the Chairman of the Council can actually fire Etherion on the island to take out everyone. Though it was good to see Mest being a good guy who cares about FT mages.:) It won't be bad if he actually joins FT.:)

It's not surprising that the council can fire Etherion. The prospect of Zeref being resurrected was enough to get them to fire Etherion the last time. Given Zeref's reputation, "nuke him from orbit" seems to be the standard response.

kkck
February 20, 2011, 02:36 PM
If he does fire etherion, I'm guessing that it won't have any effect, like being completely nullified by the magic surrounding FT Island. Now that would be a shock :D

What it hades counter with his own ethereon? We know grimmoire heart was directly related to the tower of paradise events and why exactly the ethereon did not explode causing overdrive was not explained either. It is possible grimmoire heart actually captured that ethereon IMO. If that is the case then hades has nothing to fear from the council.
[hr]

I suspect that Loki knows of it simply because he's old. Stellar spirits don't seem to age, so Loki's probably been around for quite a while. Theoretically, all of Lucy's spirits are old enough to have participated in the wars Zeref caused.
I don't think the manga has stated stellar spirits to be immortal though. I guess it is possible but the manga has yet to state that. The only thing we know is that stellar spirits don't die from injuries in the human world but that hardly translates to them not aging.

meepers4982
February 20, 2011, 02:46 PM
Interesting chapter, we finally have caprico confirmed as a spirit not that we didnt already really know. I like how we get info on lucy's mother even if it is a little bit...so she was his master and he disappeared 17 years ago which is how old lucy is...

I like how mashima is adding so much more to this arc then just a war going on, theres a lot of past references (like flashbacks) and that there is a deeper connection between characters then just 'enemies'

llamapie
February 20, 2011, 03:00 PM
:P Well the end of this battle will be lucy gaining a contract over capricorn and having an S-class summon. :o

kkck
February 20, 2011, 03:18 PM
The strength of stellar spirits was already said to be relative to the strength of the summoner though. Caprico might be a powerful stellar spirit but if lucy does not have the magic to back him up then he won't be so uber.

MonsterEnvy
February 20, 2011, 03:31 PM
:P Well the end of this battle will be lucy gaining a contract over capricorn and having an S-class summon. :o

no Caprico wants to kill her and her beeing born probbley is a reason for his defection

plus last time i checked he is loyal to Grimore heart he won't join her at the end of this arc

Krono
February 20, 2011, 03:38 PM
What it hades counter with his own ethereon? We know grimmoire heart was directly related to the tower of paradise events and why exactly the ethereon did not explode causing overdrive was not explained either. It is possible grimmoire heart actually captured that ethereon IMO. If that is the case then hades has nothing to fear from the council.

Not quite. It didn't explode first because the tower absorbed it. The only thing we don't know for sure is how it was sent back into the sky without disintegrating anyone.

I don't think the manga has stated stellar spirits to be immortal though. I guess it is possible but the manga has yet to state that. The only thing we know is that stellar spirits don't die from injuries in the human world but that hardly translates to them not aging.

True, that's why I said "seems". But considering that Loki's guild card states his age is "unknown" and that their appearance is somewhat relative to their master, it does not seem that they age in the sense that humans do.

Bhoot
February 20, 2011, 04:13 PM
uhm did anyone consider these theories :

1. Lucy is actually Caprico's and her mom's daughter I mean it would make her special in a way half human half stellar

2. Looking at Caprico blushing every time he thought of Lucy's mom [he was angry yes, but that was an after emotion meaning something bad happened] , maybe he proposed to her only to be turned down in a well ... hard way ??
OR
maybe he came back only to see that his master broke her promise and died ... he felt betrayed [since he had a low engh IQ to join Hades]

kkck
February 20, 2011, 04:31 PM
Not quite. It didn't explode first because the tower absorbed it. The only thing we don't know for sure is how it was sent back into the sky without disintegrating anyone.

I am not talking about as why it did not explode at first. After the tower absorbed the ethereon it was still unstable and on the verge of exploding. However, after erza's vision of the events after her death ethereon miraculously had not exploded yet. Even erza commented on that she did not know how they were all alive. I don't think it was said or shown that ethereon went back up into the sky after everything was over. As far as I recall it was about to cause an overdrive and then it just didn't for no apparent reason.
[hr]

1. Lucy is actually Caprico's and her mom's daughter I mean it would make her special in a way half human half stellar

2. Looking at Caprico blushing every time he thought of Lucy's mom [he was angry yes, but that was an after emotion meaning something bad happened] , maybe he proposed to her only to be turned down in a well ... hard way ??
OR
maybe he came back only to see that his master broke her promise and died ... he felt betrayed [since he had a low engh IQ to join Hades]
Lucy does not strike me as being half human really. Not sure if that would even make her that special lol. Her dad does not seem like the type who would have bothered raising in any plausible form a daughter which was not her own. I don't think he would have remained married at all had that been the case lol. I don't think caprico was blushing either. More like he was red with outright anger than the blushing you are suggesting. I hope this goes beyond mere jealousy or romantic feelings though. From the chapter I got the impression that loki was actually sent on a mission by layla hence why he disappeared and why layla said he had to come back. Perhaps her dying while he was away affected him or perhaps the mission the task he had to perform traumatized him into hating humans.

Kuzumikun
February 20, 2011, 04:37 PM
ohhh maaa holy shizz~!
i loved this chapter...not because im in love with lucy BUT because it reveals stuff about her mom!oh my goodness!
i can't wait until next chapter! i hope it reveals more about her mother!
GAHHHHHHH :3
[hr]

no Caprico wants to kill her and her beeing born probbley is a reason for his defection

plus last time i checked he is loyal to Grimore heart he won't join her at the end of this arc

i think capri will join her because
1) he said himself he isn't shure about Hades intentions which could mean he isn't 100% cool of what Hades plans on doing with Zeref

2) he will probably catch up with Lucy and the others after beating Loki, which he will come at Lucy with all this hate, while Lucy will probably defend her self saying things that Caprico didn't realize.

3) i can be wrong with all this and he ends up not killing Lucy but still has hatred for her but does the right thing and leaves with Grimmore Heart and Zeref (there isn't any reason for Grimmore Heart to be there anymore since they got Zeref already)

ca12nag3
February 20, 2011, 04:43 PM

S-Class is a notification that is not just based on power. So saying by default that every 7-kin is S-Class is wrong. Sure they are powerfull but that doesnt make them smart, or cunning or w/e is also required to be S-Class. < able to solve mysteries.

Also a spirit can never ever be S-Class since its not a human :D and its power is based on its master. Sumoning without a master is impossible but only possible for the highest lvl of spirits and its limited. Loki and so it seems Caprico. Also the Spirit king ofc.

Caprico might just end up on Lucys team simply cause she gathers the zodiacs and he is one. Chance is high they either depart with a smile and he might join when hes ready. Or he joins her this arc.

So anything like hes loyal to Grimoire heart is nonsense + wasnt he loyal to Layla before? < so it seems?

About S-class and what its requirments are.

-Magical power (ofc but this is not the only mesurement)
-Inteligence (solving mysteries and finding solutions...that dont require muscle only)
-endurance/patience (the higher the quest lvl the more dificult and the longer it takes, its not a quick fix)
-knowing self ( Natus trial tells all when he met Gildarts as his trial)
-magical knowledge/history ( im sure this must be part of it since difficult quests bring along the unknown so knowledge would never hurt ^^)

So saying a 7-kin is S-class? all we see so far is magical power of these guys and so far Zancrow is stupid as a mule to face a fire eater with fire :D

bittman
February 20, 2011, 05:19 PM
Awwwww yeah, somebody just put story in my Fairy Tail and I'm very happy.

Now if Caprico can stick around to be Lucy's final boss? Nah, probably asking for too much =(

Faust Lim
February 20, 2011, 05:30 PM
something interesting i notices, is that on tenrou island there are ruins, unlike what i previously thought, the ruins are big enough to suggest there have been at least some kind of settlement there, i.e.:during the fight between loki and caprico you could even see an entrance to a building, what exactly this means, i am not sure though

Gats
February 20, 2011, 05:34 PM
I can't believe that Gray and the other girl didn't realize yet that Capricorn is a stellar spirit.

kkck
February 20, 2011, 05:57 PM
I can't believe that Gray and the other girl didn't realize yet that Capricorn is a stellar spirit.

Well, there are intelligent non human creatures who are not stellar spirits though. We have the exceed, the weird frogs which work for the council,, the creature which natsu beat up before grimmoire heart's arrival.... I guess it also depends on how well the zodiac is known in earthland too(it might not be so obvious for them).

saya1987
February 20, 2011, 07:58 PM

OR

lol, I don't think he proposed to her. It's probably a sign of respect which shows how strong their bonds used to be.

Anyway, Lucy was 10/11 when her mum died, not 7!

MonsterEnvy
February 20, 2011, 08:05 PM
lol, I don't think he proposed to her. It's probably a sign of respect which shows how strong their bonds used to be.

Anyway, Lucy was 10/11 when her mum died, not 7!

and considering that Caprico diched the steller spearit world 7 years before Layla died and the year lucy was born him leaving had somthing to do with her

elitefox
February 20, 2011, 08:18 PM

or it will awaken Zeref :D

he will like absorb it all :tem

bittman
February 20, 2011, 08:20 PM
I don't think Caprico's backstory will particularly deal with Lucy's Mother's death, but rather Lucy's birth.

I wonder if there's the possibility of Caprico actually had the wrong done to him, though given Lucy's personality and the parallels to the mother, most likely something happened and Caprico reacted badly despite whatever that happened was not intended to hurt him.

But yeah, would be nice if Caprico's backstory makes Lucy's mum out to be a bad guy rather than him just wanting half goat half human babies or something ridiculous like that.

elitefox
February 20, 2011, 08:21 PM
It's the first time it's been confirmed, but people have been speculating that Layla was a stellar spirit mage since at least the Oricon Seis arc.

Seven. She died the same year that the dragons vanished, though the exact date of her death remains unknown.

They were in a merchants guild, not a wizards guild. The anime added Lucy contracting Taurus at some pasture, so he probably won't be one of Lucy's mother's keys, but that still leaves Aquarius and Cancer unaccounted for.

I doubt Mashima messed up the time line. Enough money to go private can easily mean enough money to have nice things.

It's not surprising that the council can fire Etherion. The prospect of Zeref being resurrected was enough to get them to fire Etherion the last time. Given Zeref's reputation, "nuke him from orbit" seems to be the standard response.

I really don't know where will I base their power really if it is on the stellar spirit or on the mage using stellar spirit

because if they are this weak, they'll just be dragon food :blink

or maybe the stronger the magic the mage possess, the stronger they can get.... add more fuel to fire

Krono
February 20, 2011, 08:57 PM
I am not talking about as why it did not explode at first. After the tower absorbed the ethereon it was still unstable and on the verge of exploding. However, after erza's vision of the events after her death ethereon miraculously had not exploded yet. Even erza commented on that she did not know how they were all alive. I don't think it was said or shown that ethereon went back up into the sky after everything was over. As far as I recall it was about to cause an overdrive and then it just didn't for no apparent reason.

True, though at the time it was assumed by Erza that Gerard did it, and it's still possible that Gerard played a role in it.

Well, there are intelligent non human creatures who are not stellar spirits though. We have the exceed, the weird frogs which work for the council,, the creature which natsu beat up before grimmoire heart's arrival.... I guess it also depends on how well the zodiac is known in earthland too(it might not be so obvious for them).

That plus Cana and Gray aren't as attuned to how stellar spirits feel as Lucy is.

luffyg2
February 21, 2011, 01:02 AM
I hope Loki win this one... with both of them being zodiac spirit.. there should not be that big of a difference in there power level.. well I think... anyway let's see how it goes

MonsterEnvy
February 21, 2011, 01:13 AM
I hope Loki win this one... with both of them being zodiac spirit.. there should not be that big of a difference in there power level.. well I think... anyway let's see how it goes

Caprico knows lost magic

plus lets look at the records

score
Grimore heart 3
Fairy Tail 1 (deabatable Zancrow and Natsu tied)

kkck
February 21, 2011, 02:29 AM
I really can't imagine the main characters losing this one. Specially lucy, losing against capricorn means either slavery or death. She should be the best enemy for caprico though considering her spirits won't weaken from his magic. Or perhaps having her magic reduced would mean she can't use even a single spirit. Anyways, she still should have her whip which does not actually use any magic at all, that should be an advantage.

Another thing, hoe would loki's magic affect the DSs or elfman? The dragon slayers are human and yet not quite human (as was said before due to them taking the constitution of dragon) and elfman does transform into a monster...

I still think capricorn has yet to show the full extent of his power. Did he know lost magic from the start or was he actually taught by hades? If he was taught by hades then he truly will be a dangerous enemy.

I still want to know about the title of the next chapter? Was it a mistranslation?
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96341015/21

What in the hell is zoldio? Or is it supposed to mean zodiac? The titles for the next chapters are usually very straightforward so knowing if zoldio is an accurate translation would help a lot.

MechR
February 21, 2011, 02:50 AM
What in the hell is zoldio? Or is it supposed to mean zodiac? The titles for the next chapters are usually very straightforward so knowing if zoldio is an accurate translation would help a lot.It could just be Lucy's father's first name. I don't remember if that's been revealed before.

llamapie
February 21, 2011, 03:31 AM

Thats the most predictable outcome. Come on Lucy has a knack at this. She will sway him one way or the other. Whether its her protecting Loki or something else.

Zeltrax
February 21, 2011, 04:19 AM
I'm enjoying this arc but can Mashima stop with the plot twist in almost every chapter already? Not that I don't like it but it's a little too much.
I think Capricorn just bump himself up to my favorite FT villains list.
A spirit that controls humans, wow..that's some great thinking, and that is..overpowered as compared to Zancrow..:darn
Pretty great chapter with Leo being awesome again and I wonder if Etherion will really be fired? If yes, then that means the island of so many years and history will be gone in a strike..which FT won't take it lightly.
Then there is this about Lucy mother being Capricorn's owner, I bet whatever happens have something to do with lucy's dad. It is a family of nobility from what I can tell, so something must had happened.
I like lucy mother more than Lucy!:eyeroll

Unoriginal-San
February 21, 2011, 04:41 AM
Suddenly another generic ending plays in my head after reading this chapter...

<somehow Capricorn resolves his little feud with Lucy>

Master I'm Going to Ruin Everything Hades pops out and is like:

Why didn't you kill her? (blah blah blah)

Shoots ray of death at Lucy

Capricorn saves the day and takes the hit.

That would be really bad.

saya1987
February 21, 2011, 04:50 AM
Then there is this about Lucy mother being Capricorn's owner, I bet whatever happens have something to do with lucy's dad. It is a family of nobility from what I can tell, so something must had happened.
I like lucy mother more than Lucy!:eyeroll

I think so too but in my opinion, it has nothing to do with lucy's dad. May be she's a great powerful mage before meeting her dad and something happened which made her quit from the magic world. LOL, caprico KNEELED in front of her...you don't see him doing that in front of hades or any other spirit doing that to their owners. Who knows, may be her mum turns out to be a council member's(hence the nobility)/ someone powerful's daughter or just one of the top ten great mages to begin with...

As for loki, I don't think he's one of her spirits. He's probably interested in knowing about Lucy's past and managed to dig up some stuff about her mum being a mage and caprico.

Anyway, does any of you feel that caprico's expression is that of fear on the last page, on the last/2nd last panel?

kkck
February 21, 2011, 05:22 AM
It could just be Lucy's father's first name. I don't remember if that's been revealed before.

Zoldio heartfilia? I guess it is possible, good one lol. I think this makes a big difference. Lucy's dad was blinded by money, it is all too possible he could have convinced layla of having caprico do something that he would be less than proud off. Still, lucy's mom died 7 years ago and caprico disappeared 17 years ago.... Thinking about it, perhaps it would even make sense for layla to pay attention to lucy's dad if his name is zoldio. Zoldio sounds like zodiac and lucy's mom was a stellar spirit mage.

LoS
February 21, 2011, 07:38 AM
After I read the chapter I thought it was pretty obvious that Lucy's mother had set a task for her spirit Capricorn, hence the line about returning to her.

Also, every since it was revealed a few years back that she did disappear 7 years ago which coincides with the disappearance of the dragons this left many to speculate that they were both involved with one another.

Thus far in the manga there has been one prophecy revealed, and it too had to deal with the dragons. I fell that Lucy's mom also caught wind of some prophecy and thus set Capricorn on his task. Capricorn is so furious because she wasn't available for him to return to, he feels betrayed. Now whether or not she is dead, in hiding, or in stasis is another question all together.

Still, lucy's mom died 7 years ago and caprico disappeared 17 years ago

This is the only bit that deterred my idea that Lucy's mom sent Caprico to infiltrate GH or more importantly try and get into Hade's good graces. Because dragons disappeared 7 years ago, they are involved with Zeref, Hades has been searching for the keys to unseal Zeref it all seemed like it could fit, but Caprico was sent 10 years prior to the disappearance of both Lucy's mother and the dragons. Not only the above, but Caprico's lack of knowledge as to Hades true motive, he seems disinterested.

White Silver King
February 21, 2011, 10:53 AM
I really can't imagine the main characters losing this one. Specially lucy, losing against capricorn means either slavery or death.
I can see him beating everyone who gets in his way to get Lucy and once he finds her she talks about how sorry her mom was for leaving him blah blah blah and him leaving her alone questioning his loyalties. Or he's just about the convert to FT and Hades comes along with Capricorn's Key and subjugates him.

ca12nag3
February 21, 2011, 11:16 AM
Something more important? Lucy is roughly 17 years old? Caprico went mia 17 years ago. The 2 might be linked?

What if Layla abandoned magic for her life with her husband and child?

kkck
February 21, 2011, 12:05 PM
The main issue with that idea is that there is no particular reason for her to abandon magic altogether to have a family. I don't think that would make much sense.

This is what we know:

-Caprico went missing 17 years ago
-Caprico would appear to have gone missing while under the care of layla
-Layla appeared to have given caprico a mission of sorts considering she ordered him to return
-Layla died 7 years ago
-The dragons also disappeared 7 years ago

Perhaps the mission caprico was involved with had something to do with the dragons? If it had something to do with the dragons then it had something to do with zeref too and if it had something to do with zeref then it also has something to do with grimmoire heart. Perhaps he running into grimmoire heart affected him into hating layla? That would still not add up though. Brainwashing? Nah, too easy... Perhaps layla's death made him question the point of the mage-spirit relation but that would still not add up. Perhaps the hypothetical mission he was sent to was too gruesome and by the time he was done layla was already dead hence he resented her. Or could he have been responsible for layla's death?

ca12nag3
February 21, 2011, 03:18 PM
Loki as leader of the zodiacs might have had common knowledge, also hes seen as *friend* of the Spirit king.
Other then that he could have thought Lucy being Laylas child didnt matter prior to the power Lucy showed when facing the Spirit King. After that he could have seen something in her that has to do with Layla.

Then Caprico disapeared from the spirit world 17 years ago, Lucy is 17 years old or actualy +1 since time passed from when she joined FT. And the image we saw of Layla is of her in wealth so it sugests that its after their time at the Merchant guild when her father became rich.. Im clueless to the timeframe for that. It could mean that Capricos disapearance from the spirit world has little to do with Lucys birth or not?
Also we know little to nothing bout Layla, what if she was a evil mage? :D

wexorian
February 21, 2011, 04:17 PM
damn it was good chapter but i'm curiosed about lucy's mother, She died day whne dragons disapeared, on 7-7-X777, it's funny i i think that only lucy does not know about her, she's special , she's very powerfull seems, only 1 fgact that Sould king appeared before her with only 1 word or Urano meteora, it was in archive, "aka archive magic".

elitefox
February 21, 2011, 09:08 PM
damn it was good chapter but i'm curiosed about lucy's mother, She died day whne dragons disapeared, on 7-7-X777, it's funny i i think that only lucy does not know about her, she's special , she's very powerfull seems, only 1 fgact that Sould king appeared before her with only 1 word or Urano meteora, it was in archive, "aka archive magic".

Having a powerful mother doesn't mean she is also one :tem

but this is an anime so, she'll be powerful/more when the she is needed to own the enemy :D

shuha27
February 21, 2011, 09:16 PM
She died day whne dragons disapeared, on 7-7-X77

I don't think it was ever said that she died the exact day the dragons disappeared. Only the year of her death was given.

swordsaintscoot
February 22, 2011, 04:32 AM
only the year was given.

who's to say that lucy's mother was even good? Everyone is instantly assuming that the task she gave capricorn was righteous, it would actually make MORE sense if Layla was another stellar spirit mage that looked down on spirits. I mean, to be fair, Lucy's like one of the only ones so far to have actually cared. Let's not just assume her mother was the same.

Who's to say she's REALLY dead though. For all we know it was totally faked. Look at what happened to Loki/Leo, the leader of the Spirits (excluding the spirit king himself) after just a couple of years. He was about to die. Capricorn is 100% fine, either his lost magic allows his continued living in the real world, he has a new master, or Layla Heartphilia is alive.

kkck
February 22, 2011, 06:12 AM
^Dunno, not a single one of the images where layla has implied in any plausible way layla could have actually been evil. Even caprico's memory of her shows her actually caring for caprico (which is kinda weird considering he hates her guts). I would think lucy actually takes after her mother in the whole thing about caring for spirits. Heck, she used the exact words her mom used years ago just now.

That said, where was it said loki was the leader of the stellar spirits? I don't recall anything of the sort.

saya1987
February 22, 2011, 06:22 AM
judging from the next chapter's title " Zoldio's Ambition" and the look of panic on Caprico's face on the last page, may be caprico is really pure evil and ambitious such that he craves to be strong or at least his owner to be strong. And his ambition simply died with lucy's birth since her mum stopped being a mage.

Anyway, now that he recognised lucy, he's probably afraid that she'll has the potential to stop him from achieving whatever he has in his mind? The more I read the chapter, it looked like he's really panicking not really angry.

Ero-Sanji
February 22, 2011, 12:18 PM
Brainwashing? Nah, too easy...

Actually it might not be that easy:p

Caprico isn't the only one in GH who hates his mother/friend. Remember Ultear? She (also) has a strange relation toward her mother for no apparent reason and just like how Caprico has very strong and negative feelings toward Layla. His hatred is so strong he even wants to take out on the daughter. And just like Ultear or rather the daughter of Ul/Ur disappeared only to be declared dead as for Caprico, he never returned.

These feelings that both characters have are very similar. I mean just the fact that they are angry toward people we have regarded as very good, caring and compassionate people.

Something tells me this sort of essence of magic comes with a prize how else would Purehito, the leader of those who stand for freedom, equality and goodness, become Hades the centre of evil? This could also explain the nature of Nirvana and the extreme evilness of Zeref who pretty much were in the middle of the source of magic.

kkck
February 22, 2011, 02:23 PM
I just had a thought.
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/215/7
Could caprico actually have used his magic against makarov in that short moment? If we think about it, makarov really is one of the most overpowered people around. Would it make sense an even older man could beat him like that? I guess it is possible hades really is that grossly overpowered but it would make more sense caprico did weaken him for the fight. If this is the case then perhaps fairy tail really isn't doomed.

Sollum
February 22, 2011, 03:13 PM
^ I think of his magic more being like an Aura, rather than direct spell.

In my opinion he weakens every human around him. Furthermore, we didn't see him casting any spells.

Tho i think Makarov did one mistake, he should have waited with Fairy Law, since Grimmoire Law is counter spell, that can only be cast when Fairy Law is about to be activated (stated by Hades). So... Makarov could stand up now, dig himself a deep hole, and cast Fairy Law in there, without Hades noticing anything...

kkck
February 22, 2011, 03:23 PM
I doubt hades would fail to notice the sheer amount of magic released during fairy law even if makarov hid. He would still be able to pull a double suicide in that scenario IMO.

As for caprico, we also have to consider that his human subordination magic probably consists of more than 2 spells (weakening people around him and summoning so far).

shuha27
February 22, 2011, 03:52 PM
Tho i think Makarov did one mistake, he should have waited with Fairy Law, since Grimmoire Law is counter spell, that can only be cast when Fairy Law is about to be activated (stated by Hades). So... Makarov could stand up now, dig himself a deep hole, and cast Fairy Law in there, without Hades noticing anything...

I don't think that would work. Hades was shown using magic that would take forever in quick success. His reflexes are way better than Makarov too. I think Hades would know if Fairy Law was being cast too, so he could simply counter it with his Grimoire Law.

Lord.Strife
February 22, 2011, 06:19 PM
i would like to see the ruling magic vs a dragonslayer since it would answer some questions about wether the ds is completly human

llamapie
February 22, 2011, 09:16 PM
I doubt hades would fail to notice the sheer amount of magic released during fairy law even if makarov hid. He would still be able to pull a double suicide in that scenario IMO.

As for caprico, we also have to consider that his human subordination magic probably consists of more than 2 spells (weakening people around him and summoning so far).

Well its all related. He enslaves humans as his summons so ya. I think its all related to that.

lamenguy
February 22, 2011, 09:33 PM
caprico saw lucy's father kill lucy's mother. lucy's father kill lucy's mother is just for the property and money, the property doesn't belong to lucy's father, it belong to lucy's mother.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 23, 2011, 01:34 PM
i would like to see the ruling magic vs a dragonslayer since it would answer some questions about wether the ds is completly human

That would be really interesting, considering that the barier didn't let Natsu and Gajeel get out from it, because their age was actually above 80, so we can assume that they should be some hybrid.:) Maybe human with dragon or even Dragons in human form.:)

MonsterEnvy
February 23, 2011, 02:41 PM
^ I think of his magic more being like an Aura, rather than direct spell.

In my opinion he weakens every human around him. Furthermore, we didn't see him casting any spells.

no thats not how it works he never said thats how it worked

Grimmoire law is just another version of Fairy law if Makarov somehow recovered enough to use it (also fairy law is very flashy so Hades would knows its being used) Hades would then use Grimmoire law and everybody would get wiped out

Thorvardur
February 23, 2011, 03:54 PM
I think if Makarov has to cast Fairy law he will have to be in top shape, which he is isn't in. Grimmoire Law is propably the same spell as Fairy Law just with different name, probably consist of the guild the caster is in.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 23, 2011, 04:36 PM
For now I don't expect any Fairy Law. Makarov is in pretty bad shape. She didn't even regain cointious for now. For now we are going to have some revelations about Lucy and her family and also other characters fighting, but Makarov is out of the game for several chapters.:)

White Silver King
February 23, 2011, 07:38 PM
It's never made sense to me how a DS can't be human (even a little bit non-human). They were born regular humans and adopted by the dragons, how that could change one's species I don't understand.

kkck
February 23, 2011, 08:53 PM
It's never made sense to me how a DS can't be human (even a little bit non-human). They were born regular humans and adopted by the dragons, how that could change one's species I don't understand.

During the edoras arc they were referred to as being human yet not human though. Their very magic makes them change their physical constitution to that of a dragon to boot. I don't think they were born anything but 100% human though, I don't expect them to be the mythical decendants of a legendary creature which makes dragons look like the geiko gecko.

saya1987
February 23, 2011, 09:48 PM
you know what, since aquarius probably used to be one of Layla's spirit, she would have known capricon. wouldn't it nice for them to meet each other in battle? If capricon was really abandoned by Layla (as what we've guessed so far but it's another matter whether it's intentionally or not), he'd be sooo jealous and angry upon seeing aquarius. haha...Too bad Lucy used her in her previous battle against bixslow and freid.

kkck
February 23, 2011, 11:20 PM
I don't think anyone suspected capricorn was abandoned by layla lol, at least not intentionally... Not sure if all the spirits lucy started out with belonged to layla although it is possible.

saya1987
February 24, 2011, 10:41 AM
still...it'd be good to see caprico's reactions to any of his former colleagues. awy, I guess Lucy will most probably use gemini since she has yet to use them. With gemini, I guess she could figure his connections with her mum somehow or she could simply ask crux.

I hope 224 will be released on friday night :D

sigma_song
February 24, 2011, 04:11 PM
What's the consensus on Lucy's mom's name?

Her dad called her Layla and it's Layla on her grave but Capricorn calls her
Reira. Is it a mistranslation or something?

Sollum
February 24, 2011, 04:16 PM

If i recall it correctly, Japanese do not have sound R. R stands for L, so in fact

Reira sounds as Leila

And if am right, Layla is pronounced as Leila

shuha27
February 24, 2011, 05:19 PM
@Sollum
It's the other way around. There's no L sound in Japanese so they replace it with the R.

ravaha
February 24, 2011, 06:53 PM
What if the reason Caprico wants lucy dead is that Lucy's mom made him have a contract with Lucy. It would be cool if the reason he is able to sustain himself for 17 years is because he has been draining magic from Lucy without knowing it. IT would be hilarious if Lucy just unsummons him right as he is about to kill her with an attack. She gets a stupid idea in her head "hey im a celestial mage, maybe i should try to unsummon Caprico." Then poof hes back in he celestial realm and his key falls to the ground for Lucy to pick up. Maybe the reason he ins angry is because he knows Lucy is his true master and he doesnt want to be controlled.

kkck
February 24, 2011, 10:00 PM
I was thinking that the means by which caprico stayed in the human world were the humans he keeps as subordinates. He basically has a number of humans from which he constantly drains magic. He'd need quite a bit of them though. Your idea would be interesting although it would be kinda hax for lucy. If lucy has been consistently wasting magic to keep caprico summoned then once caprico is unsummoned then she would have huge amount of magic at her disposal. She would easily be able to keep 2 or perhaps even 3 spirits at one time. The power her spirits have would also increase dramatically. Her being able to keep up with natsu or grey would not be an exaggeration in such an scenario.

LoS
February 24, 2011, 10:51 PM
IT would be hilarious if Lucy just unsummons him right as he is about to kill her with an attack. She gets a stupid idea in her head "hey im a celestial mage, maybe i should try to unsummon Caprico."

No, that would be pretty dumb.

I'm not trying to sound mean here, but I don't really like your idea at all.

ravaha
February 24, 2011, 11:20 PM
I was thinking that the means by which caprico stayed in the human world were the humans he keeps as subordinates. He basically has a number of humans from which he constantly drains magic. He'd need quite a bit of them though. Your idea would be interesting although it would be kinda hax for lucy. If lucy has been consistently wasting magic to keep caprico summoned then once caprico is unsummoned then she would have huge amount of magic at her disposal. She would easily be able to keep 2 or perhaps even 3 spirits at one time. The power her spirits have would also increase dramatically. Her being able to keep up with natsu or grey would not be an exaggeration in such an scenario.

Well If you ready the random predictions thread. I have a theory that Natsu, Gazille, and Wendy are about to get a humongous boost in power when Zeref has his powers unsealed.

I know my idea is ridiculous, but Lucy is the narrator of the story so she has to be strong enough to not be a burden on Natsu + she now has a lineage of greatness lol. I think it wouldnt be an asspull if she was to already own Caprico because her mom owned caprico.

+ before he started writing Fairy Tail he designed all the Celestial spirits, and he specifically stated that once all 12 are collected by one person, the spirits will each evolve and get much stronger.

So maybe the worthless spirits wont be so worthless after all 12 keys are collected.if only i could find the link for it. I know one of the spirits yet to be revealed is a fortune teller or something.

kkck
February 24, 2011, 11:37 PM
When has lucy been a burden though? If I recall she has rarely, if at all, held anyone back. She saved natsu in the first chapter when he was in the boat, she helped against the monkeys who trapped makao, she was the one who allowed the gang to escape the tornado barrier, defeated one of gerards assassins with jubia, took out bixlow, angel fell due to her spell with the help from hibiki, defeated the old guy who transformed into an octopus and was the one who figured out where mavis's grave is. She has done more than grey lol. I was not making fun of your theory though, I was merely considering the implications of it. Lucy having had her magic drained by a powerful stellar spirit for the past 7 years is something of a big deal for her considering her greatest limitation as a mage is the amount of magic she has.

ravaha
February 25, 2011, 01:45 AM
When has lucy been a burden though? If I recall she has rarely, if at all, held anyone back. She saved natsu in the first chapter when he was in the boat, she helped against the monkeys who trapped makao, she was the one who allowed the gang to escape the tornado barrier, defeated one of gerards assassins with jubia, took out bixlow, angel fell due to her spell with the help from hibiki, defeated the old guy who transformed into an octopus and was the one who figured out where mavis's grave is. She has done more than grey lol. I was not making fun of your theory though, I was merely considering the implications of it. Lucy having had her magic drained by a powerful stellar spirit for the past 7 years is something of a big deal for her considering her greatest limitation as a mage is the amount of magic she has.

i didnt say she is currently a burden. Im saying once Zeref's powers are unsealed she will need a power boost to keep up witht he caliber of enemies they are going to be facing. I like Lucy allot.

Lucy, and NAtsu are the only 2 characters growing in strength currently. erza just equips armors that make her opponents weaker so its hard to tell how much stronger she is getting. Grey jjust seems to be lagging behind.

saya1987
February 25, 2011, 04:10 AM
I agree that Lucy has been growing tremendously as a mage (much more than natsu) although many still think that she's extremely weak compared to Erza, Gray and Natsu. Personally, I believe that she has the potential to surpass Erza and Gray in future.

Firstly, in the first arc where she and Natsu rescued Macao, she doubted she could have enough magic to sustain Taurus after using Horologium and a few arcs later, you could see she's able to use multiple summons. This took place probably within A YEAR! Yeah, her battle tactics certainly suck and can't be compared to the rest of Team Natsu but everyone seemed to forget the fact that Erza, Gray and Natsu have been fighting since young whereas Lucy probably just started within a year ago. Lucy may have gotten her gold keys when her mum died but she didn't use them for battling purposes until she ran away from home. Even then, she wasn't the type to look for fights to train herself.

I really wish Caprico would become her key in the end and train her a bit.

ca12nag3
February 25, 2011, 05:38 AM
I think this battle can only end 1 way, Lucy turns around to go to Loki. The battle is going bad for him and when Caprico is about to finish him off Lucy takes the hit for him.
Caprico will be surprised etc and see her for who she realy is and change his ways etc.

saya1987
February 25, 2011, 09:06 AM
I think Caprico probably ends up with Lucy out of guilt or duty towards her mum. It's like Leo and Karen- the only way to repent for his sins would be to serve the living. Surely, if he respects and loves Layla as his master that much, it would extend to Lucy.

Nonlife
February 25, 2011, 10:16 AM
I think Caprico probably ends up with Lucy out of guilt or duty towards her mum. It's like Leo and Karen- the only way to repent for his sins would be to serve the living. Surely, if he respects and loves Layla as his master that much, it would extend to Lucy.

Juding by his manner - so far - he strikes me as the kind of spirit who may be against spirits being used by humans.

Krono
February 26, 2011, 03:24 AM
It could just be Lucy's father's first name. I don't remember if that's been revealed before.

That's one possibility. Someone on 2ch speculated it was Purehito's given name, which would mean more insight to Hades' motives. Personally I'm guessing it's Mest's real given name. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

It's Layla by the gravestone (http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7273/gravestonep.jpg), and by the official translation as well IIRC. The translator probably just didn't think to check.

LoS
February 26, 2011, 04:15 AM
Mest's name was given in the last chapter though...

Krono
February 26, 2011, 04:34 AM
Mest's name was given in the last chapter though...

We don't know if Doranbalt is his full real name though. And he's on the island due to his ambitions in the first place because he wanted a promotion. Since the prospect of the council killing a score of Fairy Tail mages just because it'd be it'd be more convenient for them if FT's biggest trouble makers were collateral damage to destroying GH and Zeref might have him reconsidering his priorities, it could be about him.

miramira
February 26, 2011, 08:25 PM
When has lucy been a burden though? If I recall she has rarely, if at all, held anyone back. She saved natsu in the first chapter when he was in the boat, she helped against the monkeys who trapped makao, she was the one who allowed the gang to escape the tornado barrier, defeated one of gerards assassins with jubia, took out bixlow, angel fell due to her spell with the help from hibiki, defeated the old guy who transformed into an octopus and was the one who figured out where mavis's grave is. She has done more than grey lol.

I totally agree. Grey and Loki knew Lucy would be the one who'd find Mavis' grave. In terms of the amount of magic power she may not be S-class level or perhaps not yet S-class candidate level, but she's done a lot for her comrades and fought her own battles too. I know she was a bit of a damsel in distress during Phantom vs Fairy Tail battle, but she didnt just let herself caught waited for rescue, she tried to fight. And she redeemed herself in the end of that arc and stood up for Fairy Tail. She's been doing that eversince. :)

Nonlife
February 26, 2011, 08:43 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of these close-calls of death?

First there was the chapter where Erza died after Etherion hit - Nope! She's fine.
Next, Makarov recieves a fatal blow by Grimoire's Heart leader, aka as Makarov's master & the head of FT before him; but wait! He's fine too - thanks to...what's-her-name. I'm sorry, but if Mira turns out to be alive, I'm gonna be disappointed.

shuha27
February 26, 2011, 09:22 PM
I don't want a character like Mira to die. I want her to stay as a supporting character to the manga. I rather have Evergreen dead....but knowing Fairy Tail no one is probably going to die....

saya1987
February 27, 2011, 12:09 AM
nah, I think and prefer that no one's going to die...they probably will just sustain heavy injuries. However, I don't like lisanna being brought back alive. Not that I hate lisanna, but she's contributing nothing towards the plot and is a burden on mirajane during the last fight.

miramira
February 27, 2011, 07:32 AM
^ haha i agree. i don't hate lisanna either but i didn't like that she returned.
i'm sure mashima has a good reason for that, though. what i really wouldn't want is if lisanna would beat azuma in the next chapters... that would be cheap, no offense x.x she might become stronger LATER on... but not right away.

it looks like we won't see what will happen to them until everyone got their own battle's focus though... like how we did'nt move on to evergreen/elfman's battle until mira was beaten (i don't want to say died yet lol) and how we didn't move to gray/loki/lucy/kana until after evergreen/elfman lost... i think it'd be the same after gray/loki/lucy/kana battle we'd maybe move on to erza/juvia and then natsu... something like that.

man.. no update yet.. this is sad :(

White Silver King
February 27, 2011, 01:22 PM
Mira can't die! :crying:scry

The hand needs to be Evergreen's, Lisanna's, Lluvia's or Cana's!

Freid
February 27, 2011, 01:57 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of these close-calls of death?

First there was the chapter where Erza died after Etherion hit - Nope! She's fine.

lol Erza is immortal. She's the last person I expect to die. Like if their world was completely nuked, including the dragons, I would totally expect only her to emerge out of the rubble with an anti-nuke armour or something.

Nonlife
February 27, 2011, 02:50 PM
lol Erza is immortal. She's the last person I expect to die. Like if their world was completely nuked, including the dragons, I would totally expect only her to emerge out of the rubble with an anti-nuke armour or something.

I like her too; but that chapter seemed like a waste. (Would have been better if she had a "life flashed before her eyes" scenario.) I know, it's what we should expect from Shouned: making a stretch from "death scenarios"; but I was completely under the impression Makarov really died, the way Luxus made his long-awaited reappearance. (Maybe I'm growing out of my manga interests; I have been watching a lot of drama series.)