PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail Vol 27 (Chap 223-230) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tsukisama
February 13, 2011, 01:33 AM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the translation for this chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/223/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

jorped
February 20, 2011, 10:00 AM
chapter out
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96341015/1

ghostexiled
February 20, 2011, 10:06 AM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, NO AGONY POSTS, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the translation for this chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/224/).

Rules Updated/Important Notes:

* ONLY post spoilers in this thread.
If you have spoilers and this thread is not yet open, check this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84) to locate the moderators associated with this section, then check this page (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showgroups.php) to see which of those moderators is currently online, and then contact one such moderator with your spoiler (having the spoiler, source, and credits).

* Please include ONLY spoilers you believe to be legitimate, and post a source for them.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Please DO NOT repost the pics and/or scripts which are already posted in here, including the cleaned ones.

* Only post repeating spoiler pics if:
They are originally significantly bigger than the current ones available (not by resizing them)
The text is clearer for translators to translate
Please use thumbnails instead of the original pic
* Please DO NOT significantly edit your posts i.e. add new pics, scripts, and or translations.
In order to prevent posts from being unfairly deleted, updates on newly arrived scripts/pictures/translations should be made in a new post. MH mods will then merge multiple posts from the same contributor when and if necessary.

* Up to three pages can be shown here as images. Anything over three pages must be linked externally.

* Please read THIS (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22172) for a better understanding of when the RAWs are expected to come out.

Breaking the rules mentioned above will result in:

* Warning for the first time.
* Being infracted immediately if repeats.

Hope for your cooperation.

Well a spoiler thread can be made synoptic.

Take these as examples of a synoptic spoiler posts: normal (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1108532&postcount=84) / pictures (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1048978&postcount=42).

All the codes may look confusing but it's a matter of learning but a fast learning andd once you get into it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

Before reading:
1. all * should be left out, all *** should be filled
2. alt + b adds the bold tags appear automatically

So how do we work?

Step 1:
[*fieldset= ***]Explanation: this will open a box,. *** can be filled according to what you post: spoiler script, spoiler pics, spoiler script and pics, spoiler translation,... depending on what you post

Step 2: [*B]Verification[/b]***

Explanation:
***= three main colours red (fake), orange (pending) and green (confirmed)
fill in the second *** with the status: fake, pending or confirmed according to your colour.
[COLOR=red]Advice: mark it pending if you don't know it ;)

Step 3: [*B]Source:[/b] ***

Explanation: *** = add the website, source where you found the spoiler. Don't you have one? Leave it or use ???

Step 4: [*B]Credits:[/b] ***

Explanation: *** = credit the person who posted it. Don't you know who it is? Leave it or use ???

Step 5: [/fieldset]

Explanation: this will close the box, you opened with the [fieldset = ***]

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.,

lawlett-kun
February 20, 2011, 10:15 AM
wow what a great chapter. So lucy's mom was also celestial mage.I wonder why capricorn wants to kill her so badly.anyway great chapter

Sollum
February 20, 2011, 10:17 AM
Flawless chapter! Long wait was worth it!

Caprico is awesome! Kill Lucy Capri! Kill her! Let her blood wash the streets, and her skull on a pike be a warning to other mages that this manga is only for kewl mages!

I wonder who will stop Etherion from decimating Fairy Island =?

Newkerzy
oboyboyoboyboy!!!! yes!!! finally, we find out something about Layla soon. I'm betting big bucks there's going to be a BIG connection between her and the events on the island. From the looks of it, it seems that Layla may have had all 12 keys. If Loki knows Layla, then there's a HUGE chance all the other keys know her as well.

jorped
interesting chapter but it would had been better if we saw Natsu, but it was pretty interesting to see that the council is comparing FT with grimoire and even Zeref. but i think that the only way FT can have any chance of get out of there alive is if doranbalt and the others managed to contact HQ. that will certainly raise the chance of the fairies dont die.

and we get to see more about one of the 7 and it some pretty good magic , its going to be almost impossible for loki to defeat him , but it was very good to get to know a bit more about lucy mom and i hope next chapter we get some awesome revelations :)

Ero-Sanji
February 20, 2011, 10:18 AM
Wow!

What an awesome battle, chapter and story-telling!

First of all we finally got to see Lucy's mother and she's not bad either being Caprico's former master and all. It seems as if their separation was quite bad since he wants to do bad things to Lucy. All of this really makes me want to know how rather than why Lucy's mother vanished/died. Seeing how Lucy is between 17-18 it seems as if the break off between Reira and Caprico occurred when Lucy was newly born, I wonder what special mission he was sent off to and why he never returned? Could it be that Hades found him?

Seems as if Mest is having feelings for FT and that he might even join the guild in the near future. Did he also hint at joining the battle with the Lachryma thing?

Last but not least Caprico's magic is off the hook being able to control and summon humans. I really wonder though to what extent his magic goes and if it really is his standard magic. Also, why aren't the human dying and were are they being kept? So many questions arose from this chapter.

EDIT: This so called civil war happened in 799 but Lucy was born in 767 and that plus 17-18 equals 784-785. You guys think it was an error in the translation or what?

Faust Lim
February 20, 2011, 10:20 AM
I liked this chapter alot, unlike the previous chapters it had the old feel of fairy tail which just dissapeared since the os arc....well first off, interesting,...rahal is here too, and my prediction is that he won't call the HQ and they will help ft...also maybe calling gildarts, freed and bixlow instead...interesting to note that caprico has an extremely interesting ability, i wonder what other humans he is keeping and if it is a lost magic ability hades taught him, and is that how he is sustaining himself?...and it seems that just like loki, he caused the death of his owner and maybe lucy can somehow release him...i loved the color page showing gajeel so bad ass...overall, i really liked this chapter and it is a great departure from the last few chapters focusing on GH!!!

White Silver King
February 20, 2011, 10:27 AM
Well, his leaving of the Spirit World coincides with Layla's disappearance. She probably sent him out on a mission and when he came back, she was gone. He probably thinks she left him to die.

Faust Lim
February 20, 2011, 10:28 AM
i had a feeling mest was gonna join ft but yeah i wander what restriction does caprico magic has, maybe, like celestial mages, the number of humans he can summon is restricted to his magic power, and unlike celestial mages, the humans doesn't "fight" for him and doesn't have special abilities like spirits and is weaker, and just a thought, maybe layla sent him on a mission and she died, because she wasn't protected by caprico and now caprico hates her and subsequently, her daughter...notice gajeel iron skin in the color page, i got a feeling he is going to fight kain hikaru...and where the hell is Hades?

lawlett-kun
February 20, 2011, 10:30 AM
i had a feeling mest was gonna join ft but yeah i wander what restriction does caprico magic has, maybe, like celestial mages, the number of humans he can summon is restricted to his magic power, and unlike celestial mages, the humans doesn't "fight" for him and doesn't have special abilities like spirits and is weaker, and just a thought, what if caprico subordinate lucy's mother by accident of something...notice gajeel iron skin in the color page, i got a feeling he is going to fight kain hikaru...and where the hell is Hades?

i am not too sure about mest joining ft but atleast he will help them out right now..Oh and about color page its from chapter 212 sogajeel isnt going to fight next

sarutobi_sensei
February 20, 2011, 10:34 AM
oboyboyoboyboy!!!! yes!!! finally, we find out something about Layla soon. I'm betting big bucks there's going to be a BIG connection between her and the events on the island. From the looks of it, it seems that Layla may have had all 12 keys. If Loki knows Layla, then there's a HUGE chance all the other keys know her as well.

Agreed! Finally we learn something of Layla. Isn't this the first time that we've learned that she was a mage?

Seems that the separation occurred when Lucy was just a small newborn. How many years ago did Layla disappear anyway?

All is connecting. We were right in thinking that her mother has a connection to all this :D

Could Leo have also known her mother?

Damn I wanna know what's the connection.

I imagine the scenario where Layla disappears and Caprico thinks that she has left him and so decides to hate all humans but just can't kill Lucy because he loved his former master.

If he comes to attack Lucy, then I can see all the other spirits appearing before him and saying: Master Layla would be disappointed in you, Caprico.

Wow!

What an awesome battle, chapter and story-telling!

First of all we finally got to see Lucy's mother and she's not bad either being Caprico's former master and all. It seems as if their separation was quite bad since he wants to do bad things to Lucy. All of this really makes me want to know how rather than why Lucy's mother vanished/died. Seeing how Lucy is between 17-18 it seems as if the break off between Reira and Caprico occurred when Lucy was newly born, I wonder what special mission he was sent off to and why he never returned? Could it be that Hades found him?

Either it's because he was jealous of Lucy being born, or it's because she went missing/died and he thought that she abandoned him.

Seems as if Mest is having feelings for FT and that he might even join the guild in the near future. Did he also hint at joining the battle with the Lachryma thing?

Last but not least Caprico's magic is off the hook being able to control and summon humans. I really wonder though to what extent his magic goes and if it really is his standard magic.
Mest having feelings for FT members will be a huge influence. He'll probably go and warn them of what's going to happen.

Being able to control and summon humans is a great magic. Weakening them and using their powers to his advantage, no wonder it's a lost magic.

wooticus
February 20, 2011, 10:43 AM
finally we got some hint on why lucy was talking about her playing a big role in the upcoming arc. caprico will go for lucy so i guess the 3 other will nearly die to protect her. this together with some lucy talk will make caprico turn over to the good ones -> lucy will have a new spirit, FT will have a weapon against GH. I mean come on, Caprico already stated that he doesn't fully understand hades intentions...

but i hope it won't be an etherion story again. i don't think you can destroy zeref by firing etherion.. it would be by far cooler if this council boss comes there personally with his friends and shows that not only dark guilds have some uber-powerful mages. i like the theory of mest actually calling for bixlow, freed, gildarts AND luxus..

gildarts vs akuma seems to be a battle everybody waits for.. well it would be some kind of fanservice but.. he may have killed mira so make him vanish into thousand pieces!

and the two raijin tribe guys (+ luxus) may have a nice revenge for evergreens fail

edit: does somebody know who zoldio is?

Shiro Tsuki
February 20, 2011, 10:46 AM
AHHH
The chapter was great!
But this release on a late sunday - sucks!! :s

Anyhow - I have a gut feeling the Caprico (finally a stellar spirit hah) will lose!
When they start getting all pissed off -
Going all crazy - well they lose!

I feel Caprico doesn't know that Layla (or Reira :D) is dead!
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96341015/21
He asks Loke "where is that woman?" - Def asking for Layla...
Now the whole debate goes on if Lucy's mom is truly dead or has just flew awy!

Ero-Sanji
February 20, 2011, 10:46 AM
Agreed! Finally we learn something of Layla. Isn't this the first time that we've learned that she was a mage?

I think the keys that Lucy had from the beginning were her mothers and adding Caprico into the mix and she might have been an excellent mage. I also think that she and Lucy's father was a part of a guild called Love and Lucky or something.

About the magic of Caprico, we know that his current is about controlling, summoning and weakening humans but that's his lost magic, magic that he probably learned from Hades but what was his original power, the stellar spirit one?

White Silver King
February 20, 2011, 10:48 AM
I don't think Gildarts and all them are coming back anytime soon. Grimoire Heart was said to be the strongest Dark Guild. FT needs to lose so GH can disappear with Zeref and then FT can fight Tartoros in the next arc. I mean, how stupid would it be if FT defeats GH here and then in the next arc goes to fight Tartoros (who is weaker than GH). They'd have no problem beating them and the arc would pointless.

I also think that she and Lucy's father was a part of a guild called Love and Lucky or something.
That was a Merchant's Guild not a Mage Guild.

tobeulp
February 20, 2011, 10:58 AM
Well as Hades defeat Makarov it is a given that Grimoire Heart will win if not then this is pure BS...
As for the chapter all I could say is another epic chapter I am glad that Mashima is making this arc the most crucial with most of the revelation of characters in one arc is pure epic this is a One Piece level arc .

Shadow Limiter
February 20, 2011, 10:58 AM
I don't think Gildarts and all them are coming back anytime soon. Grimoire Heart was said to be the strongest Dark Guild. FT needs to lose so GH can disappear with Zeref and then FT can fight Tartoros in the next arc. I mean, how stupid would it be if FT defeats GH here and then in the next arc goes to fight Tartoros (who is weaker than GH). They'd have no problem beating them and the arc would pointless.

When exactly was it said that "Grimoire Heart" is the strongest in the "Balam Alliance" and is also stronger than "Raven Tail".

White Silver King
February 20, 2011, 11:06 AM
^Levy says it is the strongest dark guild. You can find it in one of the chapters when her and Gajeel are fighting against those two GH lackeys if you want to see it so bad. It also says it on the Fairy Tail Wiki on the GH page multiple times.

kamakazi_1996
February 20, 2011, 11:08 AM
This chapter is awesome, I never would have guessed Caprico was reira's spirit, i wonder what grudge he has against her, it would probably have something to do with lucy's birth because Caprico did say he left 17 years ago and lucy is around 17 years old.

i dont know why they are firing the etherion, isn't fairy tail one of their allies, the leader of the council must be some sort of heartless bastard to do something like that.

I bet if they actually fire it Natsu will pull out some hax power by eating it like he did when he fought gerard ;)

wooticus
February 20, 2011, 11:08 AM
quick idea:

the contract between lucys mother and caprico didn't end with her dying because he was still summoned and so he had the same fate as loki. but lucy as her blood relative somehow inherited that contract so she could be able to force him back into spirit dimension?

Newkerzy
February 20, 2011, 11:10 AM
Something I just realized: Caprico kidnapped that guy in X 799. It doesn't make sense since the current year is supposed to be X 784. Loki didn't say anything about him being able to travel through time. I'm guessing this is a mistake on MS' part. I think Caprico's magic is definitely his spirit ability. I doubt Loki would know it if he didn't know it beforehand.

White Silver King
February 20, 2011, 11:15 AM
The years probably count down. Either way it was 15 years ago which is very interesting seeing as how he didn't leave the Spirit World until 17 years ago. It seems he had his lost magic while he still belonged to Layla or his Subjugation Magic is actually his magic and we have yet to see his Lost Magic.

Zatono
February 20, 2011, 11:17 AM
Now THIS was an unexpected chapter. Now I want to know why Capricorn wants to kill Lucy. From that 1 panel we saw it didn't seem like Capricorn would have any reason to kill her...

Ero-Sanji
February 20, 2011, 11:23 AM
The years probably count down. Either way it was 15 years ago which is very interesting seeing as how he didn't leave the Spirit World until 17 years ago. It seems he had his lost magic while he still belonged to Layla or his Subjugation Magic is actually his magic and we have yet to see his Lost Magic.

No they don't, Lucy was born in x767 and the dragons disappeared in x777 so it was probably wrong in the translation as I pointed out earlier. I guess it was meant to say x699.

morau-san
February 20, 2011, 11:30 AM
i think caprico's stellar spirit magic is that magic that weakens humans. thats why loki knew of it and wasn't surprised about it. the magic that actually subjugates them and allows caprico to summon them at will is probably his lost magic. which is why loki was surprised when he used it. Also, remember when caprico took everyone off the air ship and summon them down on the island? that was probably him subjugating them all for a time and then resummoning them around the island. i wonder how many he can have at once? o.O

zidane
February 20, 2011, 11:32 AM
Sorry guys, you are all correct, we had a little typo there, I double checked with the raw and updated the page on the reader:

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96341015/18

Hit F5 to reload it, the actual year is 779.

saya1987
February 20, 2011, 11:38 AM
I'm totally in love with this chapter. My heart is still thumping with excitement after reading the whole chapter although I kinda guess that Caprico was somehow connected to Layla. How else is he going to be Lucy's spirit later?! There's has to be a strong reason to persuade him to leave his guild to join Lucy after dedicating his life to the guild for more than a decade. What's a stronger reason than a bond between him and Layla which would also extend to Lucy?

Anyway, what a cliffhanger this chapter is! I think one of Caprico's reasons for Zeref is probably to revive layla! Note the words on Pg 8, " the world will be eveloped with magic and reborn"...well, at least that's what I think his reasons are unless he is out for revenge(which probably arose out of being abandoned)

shuha27
February 20, 2011, 11:38 AM
Awesome chapter! Finally more about Lucy's mom. It seems like Lucy knew all along that Capricorn was a stellar spirit. Lucy looks a lot more like Elie from Rave Master in this chapter.

miramira
February 20, 2011, 11:42 AM
From the looks of it, it seems that Layla may have had all 12 keys. If Loki knows Layla, then there's a HUGE chance all the other keys know her as well.

I thought the same (though we can't really be sure yet), since it wasn't stated how Lucy got the keys she had from the start of the manga. If so, then Loki was also Layla's stellar spirit -- makes me wonder if he realized about Lucy and Layla's connection somtime before this arc started or if he just remembered it with Caprico's presence.

Cool chapter! Now we have a view of what Lucy means by saying she will participate "in a special way" ...must be something related to her mother and their stellar spirits.

I wonder:

Why Caprico seems to hate Layla, when in the memory bit he seemed to be an obedient spirit..most likely been aftermath of whatever mission he went to, but what could have made him hate her? Enough to want to hurt Lucy?

Also.. if there's a chance that Lucy's mother is not dead after all? It was never stated how she died.. would it be believable to assume that Caprico may have captured Layla as well? She could even be the reason why he started to capture humans to become his subordinate and thus became his first capture..

{EDIT: Heh. I reread and thought it was never said that Caprico hates Layla.. Though it could be that he hates her that's why he wants to hurt Lucy, it may also be that he doesn't but thinks of Lucy as an enemy - maybe Lucy was the reason for Layla's death and blames her... though that may seem like a cliche it could be possible I guess? Sorry I seem to be sleep-talking just now. Too many hunches. xDD}

This chapter made me consider for a second if, maybe, it was Lucy's hand in Charle's vision afterall. D: With someone wanting badly to hurt Lucy... gah. Now it seems a bit possible, but darn, that wouldn't be good. Ohwell. I'll hang on to my faith in that Lucy will not die in this series. ((If it was her, in that vision, maybe she got beat up and **almost** died or something? :S ))

Anyway good chapter, thanks for the update, it was worth the wait, the slight Loki x Lucy part made me happy enough not to think about my worries for Mira for a while there :p

So as I get it... they will give focus to everyone's battles. That would be good, I guess:))

I am hoping to really see Cana fight.. too bad they have to run.. we've never really seen her fight a full-length battle before. (we saw her fighting alongside FT durng Phantom, a little bit against Fried during Fighting Festival, but that's about the longest we saw of her in a battle, right?) Hopefully we will next time :)

saya1987
February 20, 2011, 11:50 AM
I thought the same (though we can't really tell yet), since it wasn't stated how Lucy got the keys she had from the start of the manga. If so, then Loki was also Layla's stellar spirit -- makes me wonder if he realized about Lucy and Layla's connection somtime before this arc started or if he just remembered it with Caprico's presence.

Why Caprico seems to hate Layla, when in the memory bit he seemed to be an obedient spirit..most likely been aftermath of whatever mission he went to, but what could have made him hate her? Enough to want to hurt Lucy?

Also.. if there's a chance that Lucy's mother is not dead after all? It was never stated how she died.. would it be believable to assume that Caprico may have captured Layla as well? She could even be the reason why he started to capture humans to become his subordinate and thus became his first capture..

This chapter made me consider for a second if, maybe, it was Lucy's hand in Charle's vision afterall. D: With someone wanting badly to hurt Lucy... gah. Now it seems a bit possible, but darn, that wouldn't be good. Ohwell. I'll hang on to my faith in that Lucy will not die in this series. ((If it was her, in that vision, maybe she got beat up and **almost** died or something? :S ))

I'm thinking of the same thing too! Even if Lucy died, Caprico would probably whip out smth to save her out of guilt because she's afterall his master's daughter.

Shadow Limiter
February 20, 2011, 11:52 AM
^Levy says it is the strongest dark guild. You can find it in one of the chapters when her and Gajeel are fighting against those two GH lackeys if you want to see it so bad. It also says it on the Fairy Tail Wiki on the GH page multiple times.

Well the only place i can find it is at the end of ch 210.

But that line which Levy said "A Dark Guild, Now what is the strongest guild doing on this island" based on molokidan's translation, doesn't sound to me like she is directly saying that GH is the strongest.

To me it rather feels like she is saying 'why is one of the most strongest dark guild is on there island'.

Also how in the world can a character like Levy know the power levels of Dark Guild's. If it was someone like Makarov, or any old aged mage saying that line i could believe it but i won't believe it from someone like Levy. Also things on wiki are not always 100% accurate.

ca12nag3
February 20, 2011, 11:54 AM
I thought the same (though we can't really tell yet), since it wasn't stated how Lucy got the keys she had from the start of the manga. If so, then Loki was also Layla's stellar spirit -- makes me wonder if he realized about Lucy and Layla's connection somtime before this arc started or if he just remembered it with Caprico's presence.

Cool chapter! Now we have a view of what Lucy means by saying she will participate "in a special way" ...must be something related to her mother and their stellar spirits.

I wonder:

Anyway good chapter, thanks for the update, it was worth the wait, the slight Loki x Lucy part made me happy enough not to think about my worries for Mira for a while there :p

So as I get it... they will give focus to everyone's battles. That would be good, I guess:))

I was hoping to really see Cana fight.. too bad thy have to run.. we've never really seen her fight a full-length battle before. (we saw her fighting alongside FT durng Phantom, a little bit against Fried during Fighting Festival, but that's about the longest we saw of her in a battle, right?) Hopefully we will next time :)

Loki wasnt Laylas spirit-key but that other woman that died. Also what he might know about Capricorn as in why he let Lucy escape could just as easily be from him hearing things in the spirit world about Lucys mother.

White Silver King
February 20, 2011, 11:57 AM
Well the only place i can find it is at the end of ch 210.

But that line which Levy said "A Dark Guild, Now what is the strongest guild doing on this island" based on molokidan's translation, doesn't sound to me like she is directly saying that GH is the strongest.

To me it rather feels like she is saying 'why is one of the most strongest dark guild is on there island'.
Not to be rude, but it doesn't really matter how you feel. She directly states they are the strongest guild. Not "one of the strongest" or anything like that, she simply said "the strongest". I see no room for debate.

Also how in the world can a character like Levy know the power levels of Dark Guild's. If it was someone like Makarov, or any old aged mage saying that line i could believe it but i won't believe it from someone like Levy. Also things on wiki are not always 100% accurate.
She is one of the smartest and most knowledgable people in the series, she knows what's she's talking about. And I haven't found anything on the Wiki that can't be backed up by the manga.

Loki wasnt Laylas spirit-key but that other woman that died. Also what he might know about Capricorn as in why he let Lucy escape could just as easily be from him hearing things in the spirit world about Lucys mother.

He could have been Layla's before he was Karen's.

Sollum
February 20, 2011, 12:01 PM
I was thinking, and it just doesn't make any sense...

Let's say Layla had 12 zodiac key's. Then why did she marry that snob and why the hell she was in "Economical" Guild?

I just really hope it's not the case where Lucy's father hid facts from her and bankrupted on purpose so he could live closer to her...

Worst case scenario - Lucy's father is a good person, and acted like that on purpose. In fact he was a super mage together with Layla! And Lucy is a super mage that doesn't posses any serious magic...

kkck
February 20, 2011, 12:11 PM
Nice chapter, I did not expect the developments. I guess it makes sense caprico is able to manipulate people like that.

Wonder how spirits connect to the abyss of magic. Magic in itself is held by very few people and even then it would seem it was not always accepted. How did the spirits came to be and how come caprico has a lost magic? Loki knows of caprico's human subordination magic so it is unlikely that was learned from hades. Does that mean caprico used lost magic from before meeting hades? Or does that mean caprico has a second type of magic which he did learn from hades? This could be dangerous if caprico did learn magic from hades. Or perhaps stellar spirits are inherently close to the abyss of magic and all of them use lost magic? Then perhaps lucy actually has a better chance than other FT mages against the seven kin considering lucy would have a number of creatures who use lost magic.

Another interesting thing is that lucy is 17 and caprico disappeared 17 years ago. Perhaps mashima messed up with the timeline though. If I recall lucy's dad left his guild and went private as his wife was pregnant with lucy. That means caprico must have gone rogue around that time. In turn we see caprico with lucy's mom in a time when she was already evidently rich. Does that mean mashima messed with the timeline or that he went rogue while serving under lucy's mom? If mashima did not mess the timeline then it means that the very reason caprico went rogue was because of lucy's mom. But why would he go rogue like that for her? Caprico seems to have a deep hatred for lucy's mom, I hope it won't be because her priorities changed to lucy rather than being a mage or something of the sort. From lucy's expression at the end of the chapter it would seem she noticed that caprico would go for her or something of the sort. At least she knows caprico used to be her mom's stellar spirit and something happened.

As for how caprico stays in the human world for so long I guess it is because of his magic. He probably uses the magic or energy of the humans he has as subordinates.

As for the title of the next chapter, I am not sure what it means. What is "Zoldio"? Or do they mean zodiac? If they are going to go about zodiac's ambition then perhaps caprico wants to free spirits from human control?
[hr]

I was thinking, and it just doesn't make any sense...

Let's say Layla had 12 zodiac key's. Then why did she marry that snob and why the hell she was in "Economical" Guild?

I just really hope it's not the case where Lucy's father hid facts from her and bankrupted on purpose so he could live closer to her...

Worst case scenario - Lucy's father is a good person, and acted like that on purpose. In fact he was a super mage together with Layla! And Lucy is a super mage that doesn't posses any serious magic...

I don't think layla had all 12 keys. She probably did have the golden keys lucy started out with. Also, lucy's father was not always a snoob, remember the flashback from when lucy went to rescue her dad. As for why she was in the merchant guild, perhaps she had entrepreneur ambitions herself. Lucy herself wants to be a writer and other fairy tail mages seem to have ambitions in areas where magic does not have any relevance. Being a guild mage does not strike as me something which most mages want to do for too long but rather it is the means to get to their own ambition.

miramira
February 20, 2011, 12:18 PM
Waaait. when Lucy's mother died, lCaprico has already left the stellar spirit world. It couldn't have been her death that caused him to leave. I though of this:

Layla was still alive when Lucy was a kid of maybe 5-7 years old as shown in chapter 144 .. see http://www.mangareader.net/135-21280-13/fairy-tail/chapter-144.html .. where young Lucy said, "Mama, I love stellar Spirits!" Unless Lucy was talking to the sky in reference to her mom or maybe a portrait insted of Layla herself. Anyways. By that time, Caprico has already left the stellar spirit world for about 4-6 years...

So what I just thought up there that "maybe Lucy was the reason for Layla's death and blames her" would not be valid to be Caprico's reason for leaving the stellar spirit world, as it (could have) happened long after that.

chrizzl
February 20, 2011, 12:21 PM
im not sure did lucys mum die at giving birth, because that may explain why hes angry at them, as he could have been forced relesed/ sent back to the spirt world beofre his master died at giving birth etc.

Lozmaster
February 20, 2011, 12:21 PM
Well as Hades defeat Makarov it is a given that Grimoire Heart will win if not then this is pure BS...

Why don't you go ask Jose and Aria how well beating makarov once worked out for them?

Not to be rude, but it doesn't really matter how you feel. She directly states they are the strongest guild. Not "one of the strongest" or anything like that, she simply said "the strongest". I see no room for debate.
There isn't any sort of definite ranking of which guilds are strongest. Let alone the dark guilds. The only thing that anybody knows is that they were worthy of being in the balam alliance which claims to be the three strongest dark guilds.
Heck, if you mean this page http://www.mangareader.net/135-58493-19/fairy-tail/chapter-210.html
Its the members of grimore heart answering Levy/Gajeel. They call fairy tail the strongest guild, not the other way around...

White Silver King
February 20, 2011, 12:27 PM
^Uh, no. The arrow clearly points to Levy's mouth. And why would they ask why a guild is on their own island? That makes no sense.

miramira
February 20, 2011, 12:45 PM
Another interesting thing is that lucy is 17 and caprico disappeared 17 years ago. Perhaps mashima messed up with the timeline though. If I recall lucy's dad left his guild and went private as his wife was pregnant with lucy. That means caprico must have gone rogue around that time. In turn we see caprico with lucy's mom in a time when she was already evidently rich. Does that mean mashima messed with the timeline or that he went rogue while serving under lucy's mom?

Ah I didn't remember that o_o But yes, Layla was pregnant when they left the merchant guild.

Is "disappearing" equivalent to resigning as a stellar spirit? It would contradict that Caprico disappeared 17yrs ago and was shown to still be with his master years afterward.

Unless he "disappeared" from everyone's view but remained with Layla for a year or more until they fell out.

I also thought for a brief moment that he may not have been w/ Layla as her stellar spirit (in that flashback panel) since he's supposedly have "disappeared" -or resigned?- before that... Maybe he was working for her for some other reason (wow were they doing underground jobs? kewl if so.)

Anyways, it's 1:40 am here already, I better turn in for the night. Looking forward to the next chapter! :D

__
Sorry for the double post, dear mods. I thought the first one wasn't posted. This ancient browser has been acting up. Sorry again.

Lozmaster
February 20, 2011, 12:49 PM
^Uh, no. The arrow clearly points to Levy's mouth. And why would they ask why a guild is on their own island? That makes no sense.

The text bubble is right in the middle of the chicken dudes mouth. Earlier in that chapter, fairy tail is explicity called the strongest guild.
And you can't think of a reason that they would want to know why there are mages on fairy tails "holy land" where normally no-one would be allowed, (like many real "holy lands"), that is used at most a few days a year instead of at the guild, which is as we know, on a completely different island, or on jobs. And thats assuming the S-rank exam always happens there, and where zeref has been able to stay safely because the island has been otherwise deserted as a result?

Thorvardur
February 20, 2011, 12:49 PM
I think Mest will call for reinforcement and many crazy powerful mages will come and fight against GH and causing them to retreat away with Zeref but leaving objective two behind: "Destroying Fairy tail" also I predicted that Capricio was a spirit and him and Lucy where going to become a big role in the future story. I don't think Gildartz, fried and bixlow will come but I certainly hope so! I rather predict Luxus coming, cuz he got the call from Makarov.

I'ts pretty confirmed that next chapter will be about Gajeel kicking someones asses!! he's too freaking cool! xD I hope he beats the living crap out of the weirdo rustyrose or the other one who's weirder with the big head and talks to fast.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 20, 2011, 01:03 PM
The chapter was really interesting.:) I didn't expect Lucy's mother to tied up with the current Arc, but still... I want to know, why Caprico wants to kill Lucy. Hope she isn't the most powerful mage that can kill Zeref or Hades in a blink of an eye. It would be a bit lame at least for me.
Also it was interesting to see that the Chairman of the Council can actually fire Etherion on the island to take out everyone. Though it was good to see Mest being a good guy who cares about FT mages.:) It won't be bad if he actually joins FT.:)

MonsterEnvy
February 20, 2011, 01:40 PM
Why don't you go ask Jose and Aria how well beating makarov once worked out for them?

they played dirty to win Hades just crushed him easily plus the other seven Kin have won their fights so far ecsept for zancrow

sarutobi_sensei
February 20, 2011, 02:22 PM
If he does fire etherion, I'm guessing that it won't have any effect, like being completely nullified by the magic surrounding FT Island. Now that would be a shock :D

Krono
February 20, 2011, 02:24 PM

It's the first time it's been confirmed, but people have been speculating that Layla was a stellar spirit mage since at least the Oricon Seis arc.

Seems that the separation occurred when Lucy was just a small newborn. How many years ago did Layla disappear anyway?

Seven. She died the same year that the dragons vanished, though the exact date of her death remains unknown.

I think the keys that Lucy had from the beginning were her mothers and adding Caprico into the mix and she might have been an excellent mage. I also think that she and Lucy's father was a part of a guild called Love and Lucky or something.

They were in a merchants guild, not a wizards guild. The anime added Lucy contracting Taurus at some pasture, so he probably won't be one of Lucy's mother's keys, but that still leaves Aquarius and Cancer unaccounted for.

Wonder how spirits connect to the abyss of magic. Magic in itself is held by very few people and even then it would seem it was not always accepted. How did the spirits came to be and how come caprico has a lost magic? Loki knows of caprico's human subordination magic so it is unlikely that was learned from hades. Does that mean caprico used lost magic from before meeting hades? Or does that mean caprico has a second type of magic which he did learn from hades? This could be dangerous if caprico did learn magic from hades. Or perhaps stellar spirits are inherently close to the abyss of magic and all of them use lost magic? Then perhaps lucy actually has a better chance than other FT mages against the seven kin considering lucy would have a number of creatures who use lost magic.

I suspect that Loki knows of it simply because he's old. Stellar spirits don't seem to age, so Loki's probably been around for quite a while. Theoretically, all of Lucy's spirits are old enough to have participated in the wars Zeref caused.

Another interesting thing is that lucy is 17 and caprico disappeared 17 years ago. Perhaps mashima messed up with the timeline though. If I recall lucy's dad left his guild and went private as his wife was pregnant with lucy. That means caprico must have gone rogue around that time. In turn we see caprico with lucy's mom in a time when she was already evidently rich. Does that mean mashima messed with the timeline or that he went rogue while serving under lucy's mom? If mashima did not mess the timeline then it means that the very reason caprico went rogue was because of lucy's mom. But why would he go rogue like that for her? Caprico seems to have a deep hatred for lucy's mom, I hope it won't be because her priorities changed to lucy rather than being a mage or something of the sort. From lucy's expression at the end of the chapter it would seem she noticed that caprico would go for her or something of the sort. At least she knows caprico used to be her mom's stellar spirit and something happened.

I doubt Mashima messed up the time line. Enough money to go private can easily mean enough money to have nice things.

Also it was interesting to see that the Chairman of the Council can actually fire Etherion on the island to take out everyone. Though it was good to see Mest being a good guy who cares about FT mages.:) It won't be bad if he actually joins FT.:)

It's not surprising that the council can fire Etherion. The prospect of Zeref being resurrected was enough to get them to fire Etherion the last time. Given Zeref's reputation, "nuke him from orbit" seems to be the standard response.

kkck
February 20, 2011, 02:36 PM
If he does fire etherion, I'm guessing that it won't have any effect, like being completely nullified by the magic surrounding FT Island. Now that would be a shock :D

What it hades counter with his own ethereon? We know grimmoire heart was directly related to the tower of paradise events and why exactly the ethereon did not explode causing overdrive was not explained either. It is possible grimmoire heart actually captured that ethereon IMO. If that is the case then hades has nothing to fear from the council.
[hr]

I suspect that Loki knows of it simply because he's old. Stellar spirits don't seem to age, so Loki's probably been around for quite a while. Theoretically, all of Lucy's spirits are old enough to have participated in the wars Zeref caused.
I don't think the manga has stated stellar spirits to be immortal though. I guess it is possible but the manga has yet to state that. The only thing we know is that stellar spirits don't die from injuries in the human world but that hardly translates to them not aging.

meepers4982
February 20, 2011, 02:46 PM
Interesting chapter, we finally have caprico confirmed as a spirit not that we didnt already really know. I like how we get info on lucy's mother even if it is a little bit...so she was his master and he disappeared 17 years ago which is how old lucy is...

I like how mashima is adding so much more to this arc then just a war going on, theres a lot of past references (like flashbacks) and that there is a deeper connection between characters then just 'enemies'

llamapie
February 20, 2011, 03:00 PM
:P Well the end of this battle will be lucy gaining a contract over capricorn and having an S-class summon. :o

kkck
February 20, 2011, 03:18 PM
The strength of stellar spirits was already said to be relative to the strength of the summoner though. Caprico might be a powerful stellar spirit but if lucy does not have the magic to back him up then he won't be so uber.

MonsterEnvy
February 20, 2011, 03:31 PM
:P Well the end of this battle will be lucy gaining a contract over capricorn and having an S-class summon. :o

no Caprico wants to kill her and her beeing born probbley is a reason for his defection

plus last time i checked he is loyal to Grimore heart he won't join her at the end of this arc

Krono
February 20, 2011, 03:38 PM
What it hades counter with his own ethereon? We know grimmoire heart was directly related to the tower of paradise events and why exactly the ethereon did not explode causing overdrive was not explained either. It is possible grimmoire heart actually captured that ethereon IMO. If that is the case then hades has nothing to fear from the council.

Not quite. It didn't explode first because the tower absorbed it. The only thing we don't know for sure is how it was sent back into the sky without disintegrating anyone.

I don't think the manga has stated stellar spirits to be immortal though. I guess it is possible but the manga has yet to state that. The only thing we know is that stellar spirits don't die from injuries in the human world but that hardly translates to them not aging.

True, that's why I said "seems". But considering that Loki's guild card states his age is "unknown" and that their appearance is somewhat relative to their master, it does not seem that they age in the sense that humans do.

Bhoot
February 20, 2011, 04:13 PM
uhm did anyone consider these theories :

1. Lucy is actually Caprico's and her mom's daughter I mean it would make her special in a way half human half stellar

2. Looking at Caprico blushing every time he thought of Lucy's mom [he was angry yes, but that was an after emotion meaning something bad happened] , maybe he proposed to her only to be turned down in a well ... hard way ??
OR
maybe he came back only to see that his master broke her promise and died ... he felt betrayed [since he had a low engh IQ to join Hades]

kkck
February 20, 2011, 04:31 PM
Not quite. It didn't explode first because the tower absorbed it. The only thing we don't know for sure is how it was sent back into the sky without disintegrating anyone.

I am not talking about as why it did not explode at first. After the tower absorbed the ethereon it was still unstable and on the verge of exploding. However, after erza's vision of the events after her death ethereon miraculously had not exploded yet. Even erza commented on that she did not know how they were all alive. I don't think it was said or shown that ethereon went back up into the sky after everything was over. As far as I recall it was about to cause an overdrive and then it just didn't for no apparent reason.
[hr]

1. Lucy is actually Caprico's and her mom's daughter I mean it would make her special in a way half human half stellar

2. Looking at Caprico blushing every time he thought of Lucy's mom [he was angry yes, but that was an after emotion meaning something bad happened] , maybe he proposed to her only to be turned down in a well ... hard way ??
OR
maybe he came back only to see that his master broke her promise and died ... he felt betrayed [since he had a low engh IQ to join Hades]
Lucy does not strike me as being half human really. Not sure if that would even make her that special lol. Her dad does not seem like the type who would have bothered raising in any plausible form a daughter which was not her own. I don't think he would have remained married at all had that been the case lol. I don't think caprico was blushing either. More like he was red with outright anger than the blushing you are suggesting. I hope this goes beyond mere jealousy or romantic feelings though. From the chapter I got the impression that loki was actually sent on a mission by layla hence why he disappeared and why layla said he had to come back. Perhaps her dying while he was away affected him or perhaps the mission the task he had to perform traumatized him into hating humans.

Kuzumikun
February 20, 2011, 04:37 PM
ohhh maaa holy shizz~!
i loved this chapter...not because im in love with lucy BUT because it reveals stuff about her mom!oh my goodness!
i can't wait until next chapter! i hope it reveals more about her mother!
GAHHHHHHH :3
[hr]

no Caprico wants to kill her and her beeing born probbley is a reason for his defection

plus last time i checked he is loyal to Grimore heart he won't join her at the end of this arc

i think capri will join her because
1) he said himself he isn't shure about Hades intentions which could mean he isn't 100% cool of what Hades plans on doing with Zeref

2) he will probably catch up with Lucy and the others after beating Loki, which he will come at Lucy with all this hate, while Lucy will probably defend her self saying things that Caprico didn't realize.

3) i can be wrong with all this and he ends up not killing Lucy but still has hatred for her but does the right thing and leaves with Grimmore Heart and Zeref (there isn't any reason for Grimmore Heart to be there anymore since they got Zeref already)

ca12nag3
February 20, 2011, 04:43 PM

S-Class is a notification that is not just based on power. So saying by default that every 7-kin is S-Class is wrong. Sure they are powerfull but that doesnt make them smart, or cunning or w/e is also required to be S-Class. < able to solve mysteries.

Also a spirit can never ever be S-Class since its not a human :D and its power is based on its master. Sumoning without a master is impossible but only possible for the highest lvl of spirits and its limited. Loki and so it seems Caprico. Also the Spirit king ofc.

Caprico might just end up on Lucys team simply cause she gathers the zodiacs and he is one. Chance is high they either depart with a smile and he might join when hes ready. Or he joins her this arc.

So anything like hes loyal to Grimoire heart is nonsense + wasnt he loyal to Layla before? < so it seems?

About S-class and what its requirments are.

-Magical power (ofc but this is not the only mesurement)
-Inteligence (solving mysteries and finding solutions...that dont require muscle only)
-endurance/patience (the higher the quest lvl the more dificult and the longer it takes, its not a quick fix)
-knowing self ( Natus trial tells all when he met Gildarts as his trial)
-magical knowledge/history ( im sure this must be part of it since difficult quests bring along the unknown so knowledge would never hurt ^^)

So saying a 7-kin is S-class? all we see so far is magical power of these guys and so far Zancrow is stupid as a mule to face a fire eater with fire :D

bittman
February 20, 2011, 05:19 PM
Awwwww yeah, somebody just put story in my Fairy Tail and I'm very happy.

Now if Caprico can stick around to be Lucy's final boss? Nah, probably asking for too much =(

Faust Lim
February 20, 2011, 05:30 PM
something interesting i notices, is that on tenrou island there are ruins, unlike what i previously thought, the ruins are big enough to suggest there have been at least some kind of settlement there, i.e.:during the fight between loki and caprico you could even see an entrance to a building, what exactly this means, i am not sure though

Gats
February 20, 2011, 05:34 PM
I can't believe that Gray and the other girl didn't realize yet that Capricorn is a stellar spirit.

kkck
February 20, 2011, 05:57 PM
I can't believe that Gray and the other girl didn't realize yet that Capricorn is a stellar spirit.

Well, there are intelligent non human creatures who are not stellar spirits though. We have the exceed, the weird frogs which work for the council,, the creature which natsu beat up before grimmoire heart's arrival.... I guess it also depends on how well the zodiac is known in earthland too(it might not be so obvious for them).

saya1987
February 20, 2011, 07:58 PM

OR

lol, I don't think he proposed to her. It's probably a sign of respect which shows how strong their bonds used to be.

Anyway, Lucy was 10/11 when her mum died, not 7!

MonsterEnvy
February 20, 2011, 08:05 PM
lol, I don't think he proposed to her. It's probably a sign of respect which shows how strong their bonds used to be.

Anyway, Lucy was 10/11 when her mum died, not 7!

and considering that Caprico diched the steller spearit world 7 years before Layla died and the year lucy was born him leaving had somthing to do with her

elitefox
February 20, 2011, 08:18 PM

or it will awaken Zeref :D

he will like absorb it all :tem

bittman
February 20, 2011, 08:20 PM
I don't think Caprico's backstory will particularly deal with Lucy's Mother's death, but rather Lucy's birth.

I wonder if there's the possibility of Caprico actually had the wrong done to him, though given Lucy's personality and the parallels to the mother, most likely something happened and Caprico reacted badly despite whatever that happened was not intended to hurt him.

But yeah, would be nice if Caprico's backstory makes Lucy's mum out to be a bad guy rather than him just wanting half goat half human babies or something ridiculous like that.

elitefox
February 20, 2011, 08:21 PM
It's the first time it's been confirmed, but people have been speculating that Layla was a stellar spirit mage since at least the Oricon Seis arc.

Seven. She died the same year that the dragons vanished, though the exact date of her death remains unknown.

They were in a merchants guild, not a wizards guild. The anime added Lucy contracting Taurus at some pasture, so he probably won't be one of Lucy's mother's keys, but that still leaves Aquarius and Cancer unaccounted for.

I doubt Mashima messed up the time line. Enough money to go private can easily mean enough money to have nice things.

It's not surprising that the council can fire Etherion. The prospect of Zeref being resurrected was enough to get them to fire Etherion the last time. Given Zeref's reputation, "nuke him from orbit" seems to be the standard response.

I really don't know where will I base their power really if it is on the stellar spirit or on the mage using stellar spirit

because if they are this weak, they'll just be dragon food :blink

or maybe the stronger the magic the mage possess, the stronger they can get.... add more fuel to fire

Krono
February 20, 2011, 08:57 PM
I am not talking about as why it did not explode at first. After the tower absorbed the ethereon it was still unstable and on the verge of exploding. However, after erza's vision of the events after her death ethereon miraculously had not exploded yet. Even erza commented on that she did not know how they were all alive. I don't think it was said or shown that ethereon went back up into the sky after everything was over. As far as I recall it was about to cause an overdrive and then it just didn't for no apparent reason.

True, though at the time it was assumed by Erza that Gerard did it, and it's still possible that Gerard played a role in it.

Well, there are intelligent non human creatures who are not stellar spirits though. We have the exceed, the weird frogs which work for the council,, the creature which natsu beat up before grimmoire heart's arrival.... I guess it also depends on how well the zodiac is known in earthland too(it might not be so obvious for them).

That plus Cana and Gray aren't as attuned to how stellar spirits feel as Lucy is.

luffyg2
February 21, 2011, 01:02 AM
I hope Loki win this one... with both of them being zodiac spirit.. there should not be that big of a difference in there power level.. well I think... anyway let's see how it goes

MonsterEnvy
February 21, 2011, 01:13 AM
I hope Loki win this one... with both of them being zodiac spirit.. there should not be that big of a difference in there power level.. well I think... anyway let's see how it goes

Caprico knows lost magic

plus lets look at the records

score
Grimore heart 3
Fairy Tail 1 (deabatable Zancrow and Natsu tied)

kkck
February 21, 2011, 02:29 AM
I really can't imagine the main characters losing this one. Specially lucy, losing against capricorn means either slavery or death. She should be the best enemy for caprico though considering her spirits won't weaken from his magic. Or perhaps having her magic reduced would mean she can't use even a single spirit. Anyways, she still should have her whip which does not actually use any magic at all, that should be an advantage.

Another thing, hoe would loki's magic affect the DSs or elfman? The dragon slayers are human and yet not quite human (as was said before due to them taking the constitution of dragon) and elfman does transform into a monster...

I still think capricorn has yet to show the full extent of his power. Did he know lost magic from the start or was he actually taught by hades? If he was taught by hades then he truly will be a dangerous enemy.

I still want to know about the title of the next chapter? Was it a mistranslation?
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96341015/21

What in the hell is zoldio? Or is it supposed to mean zodiac? The titles for the next chapters are usually very straightforward so knowing if zoldio is an accurate translation would help a lot.

MechR
February 21, 2011, 02:50 AM
What in the hell is zoldio? Or is it supposed to mean zodiac? The titles for the next chapters are usually very straightforward so knowing if zoldio is an accurate translation would help a lot.It could just be Lucy's father's first name. I don't remember if that's been revealed before.

llamapie
February 21, 2011, 03:31 AM

Thats the most predictable outcome. Come on Lucy has a knack at this. She will sway him one way or the other. Whether its her protecting Loki or something else.

Zeltrax
February 21, 2011, 04:19 AM
I'm enjoying this arc but can Mashima stop with the plot twist in almost every chapter already? Not that I don't like it but it's a little too much.
I think Capricorn just bump himself up to my favorite FT villains list.
A spirit that controls humans, wow..that's some great thinking, and that is..overpowered as compared to Zancrow..:darn
Pretty great chapter with Leo being awesome again and I wonder if Etherion will really be fired? If yes, then that means the island of so many years and history will be gone in a strike..which FT won't take it lightly.
Then there is this about Lucy mother being Capricorn's owner, I bet whatever happens have something to do with lucy's dad. It is a family of nobility from what I can tell, so something must had happened.
I like lucy mother more than Lucy!:eyeroll

Unoriginal-San
February 21, 2011, 04:41 AM
Suddenly another generic ending plays in my head after reading this chapter...

<somehow Capricorn resolves his little feud with Lucy>

Master I'm Going to Ruin Everything Hades pops out and is like:

Why didn't you kill her? (blah blah blah)

Shoots ray of death at Lucy

Capricorn saves the day and takes the hit.

That would be really bad.

saya1987
February 21, 2011, 04:50 AM
Then there is this about Lucy mother being Capricorn's owner, I bet whatever happens have something to do with lucy's dad. It is a family of nobility from what I can tell, so something must had happened.
I like lucy mother more than Lucy!:eyeroll

I think so too but in my opinion, it has nothing to do with lucy's dad. May be she's a great powerful mage before meeting her dad and something happened which made her quit from the magic world. LOL, caprico KNEELED in front of her...you don't see him doing that in front of hades or any other spirit doing that to their owners. Who knows, may be her mum turns out to be a council member's(hence the nobility)/ someone powerful's daughter or just one of the top ten great mages to begin with...

As for loki, I don't think he's one of her spirits. He's probably interested in knowing about Lucy's past and managed to dig up some stuff about her mum being a mage and caprico.

Anyway, does any of you feel that caprico's expression is that of fear on the last page, on the last/2nd last panel?

kkck
February 21, 2011, 05:22 AM
It could just be Lucy's father's first name. I don't remember if that's been revealed before.

Zoldio heartfilia? I guess it is possible, good one lol. I think this makes a big difference. Lucy's dad was blinded by money, it is all too possible he could have convinced layla of having caprico do something that he would be less than proud off. Still, lucy's mom died 7 years ago and caprico disappeared 17 years ago.... Thinking about it, perhaps it would even make sense for layla to pay attention to lucy's dad if his name is zoldio. Zoldio sounds like zodiac and lucy's mom was a stellar spirit mage.

LoS
February 21, 2011, 07:38 AM
After I read the chapter I thought it was pretty obvious that Lucy's mother had set a task for her spirit Capricorn, hence the line about returning to her.

Also, every since it was revealed a few years back that she did disappear 7 years ago which coincides with the disappearance of the dragons this left many to speculate that they were both involved with one another.

Thus far in the manga there has been one prophecy revealed, and it too had to deal with the dragons. I fell that Lucy's mom also caught wind of some prophecy and thus set Capricorn on his task. Capricorn is so furious because she wasn't available for him to return to, he feels betrayed. Now whether or not she is dead, in hiding, or in stasis is another question all together.

Still, lucy's mom died 7 years ago and caprico disappeared 17 years ago

This is the only bit that deterred my idea that Lucy's mom sent Caprico to infiltrate GH or more importantly try and get into Hade's good graces. Because dragons disappeared 7 years ago, they are involved with Zeref, Hades has been searching for the keys to unseal Zeref it all seemed like it could fit, but Caprico was sent 10 years prior to the disappearance of both Lucy's mother and the dragons. Not only the above, but Caprico's lack of knowledge as to Hades true motive, he seems disinterested.

White Silver King
February 21, 2011, 10:53 AM
I really can't imagine the main characters losing this one. Specially lucy, losing against capricorn means either slavery or death.
I can see him beating everyone who gets in his way to get Lucy and once he finds her she talks about how sorry her mom was for leaving him blah blah blah and him leaving her alone questioning his loyalties. Or he's just about the convert to FT and Hades comes along with Capricorn's Key and subjugates him.

ca12nag3
February 21, 2011, 11:16 AM
Something more important? Lucy is roughly 17 years old? Caprico went mia 17 years ago. The 2 might be linked?

What if Layla abandoned magic for her life with her husband and child?

kkck
February 21, 2011, 12:05 PM
The main issue with that idea is that there is no particular reason for her to abandon magic altogether to have a family. I don't think that would make much sense.

This is what we know:

-Caprico went missing 17 years ago
-Caprico would appear to have gone missing while under the care of layla
-Layla appeared to have given caprico a mission of sorts considering she ordered him to return
-Layla died 7 years ago
-The dragons also disappeared 7 years ago

Perhaps the mission caprico was involved with had something to do with the dragons? If it had something to do with the dragons then it had something to do with zeref too and if it had something to do with zeref then it also has something to do with grimmoire heart. Perhaps he running into grimmoire heart affected him into hating layla? That would still not add up though. Brainwashing? Nah, too easy... Perhaps layla's death made him question the point of the mage-spirit relation but that would still not add up. Perhaps the hypothetical mission he was sent to was too gruesome and by the time he was done layla was already dead hence he resented her. Or could he have been responsible for layla's death?

ca12nag3
February 21, 2011, 03:18 PM
Loki as leader of the zodiacs might have had common knowledge, also hes seen as *friend* of the Spirit king.
Other then that he could have thought Lucy being Laylas child didnt matter prior to the power Lucy showed when facing the Spirit King. After that he could have seen something in her that has to do with Layla.

Then Caprico disapeared from the spirit world 17 years ago, Lucy is 17 years old or actualy +1 since time passed from when she joined FT. And the image we saw of Layla is of her in wealth so it sugests that its after their time at the Merchant guild when her father became rich.. Im clueless to the timeframe for that. It could mean that Capricos disapearance from the spirit world has little to do with Lucys birth or not?
Also we know little to nothing bout Layla, what if she was a evil mage? :D

wexorian
February 21, 2011, 04:17 PM
damn it was good chapter but i'm curiosed about lucy's mother, She died day whne dragons disapeared, on 7-7-X777, it's funny i i think that only lucy does not know about her, she's special , she's very powerfull seems, only 1 fgact that Sould king appeared before her with only 1 word or Urano meteora, it was in archive, "aka archive magic".

elitefox
February 21, 2011, 09:08 PM
damn it was good chapter but i'm curiosed about lucy's mother, She died day whne dragons disapeared, on 7-7-X777, it's funny i i think that only lucy does not know about her, she's special , she's very powerfull seems, only 1 fgact that Sould king appeared before her with only 1 word or Urano meteora, it was in archive, "aka archive magic".

Having a powerful mother doesn't mean she is also one :tem

but this is an anime so, she'll be powerful/more when the she is needed to own the enemy :D

shuha27
February 21, 2011, 09:16 PM
She died day whne dragons disapeared, on 7-7-X77

I don't think it was ever said that she died the exact day the dragons disappeared. Only the year of her death was given.

swordsaintscoot
February 22, 2011, 04:32 AM
only the year was given.

who's to say that lucy's mother was even good? Everyone is instantly assuming that the task she gave capricorn was righteous, it would actually make MORE sense if Layla was another stellar spirit mage that looked down on spirits. I mean, to be fair, Lucy's like one of the only ones so far to have actually cared. Let's not just assume her mother was the same.

Who's to say she's REALLY dead though. For all we know it was totally faked. Look at what happened to Loki/Leo, the leader of the Spirits (excluding the spirit king himself) after just a couple of years. He was about to die. Capricorn is 100% fine, either his lost magic allows his continued living in the real world, he has a new master, or Layla Heartphilia is alive.

kkck
February 22, 2011, 06:12 AM
^Dunno, not a single one of the images where layla has implied in any plausible way layla could have actually been evil. Even caprico's memory of her shows her actually caring for caprico (which is kinda weird considering he hates her guts). I would think lucy actually takes after her mother in the whole thing about caring for spirits. Heck, she used the exact words her mom used years ago just now.

That said, where was it said loki was the leader of the stellar spirits? I don't recall anything of the sort.

saya1987
February 22, 2011, 06:22 AM
judging from the next chapter's title " Zoldio's Ambition" and the look of panic on Caprico's face on the last page, may be caprico is really pure evil and ambitious such that he craves to be strong or at least his owner to be strong. And his ambition simply died with lucy's birth since her mum stopped being a mage.

Anyway, now that he recognised lucy, he's probably afraid that she'll has the potential to stop him from achieving whatever he has in his mind? The more I read the chapter, it looked like he's really panicking not really angry.

Ero-Sanji
February 22, 2011, 12:18 PM
Brainwashing? Nah, too easy...

Actually it might not be that easy:p

Caprico isn't the only one in GH who hates his mother/friend. Remember Ultear? She (also) has a strange relation toward her mother for no apparent reason and just like how Caprico has very strong and negative feelings toward Layla. His hatred is so strong he even wants to take out on the daughter. And just like Ultear or rather the daughter of Ul/Ur disappeared only to be declared dead as for Caprico, he never returned.

These feelings that both characters have are very similar. I mean just the fact that they are angry toward people we have regarded as very good, caring and compassionate people.

Something tells me this sort of essence of magic comes with a prize how else would Purehito, the leader of those who stand for freedom, equality and goodness, become Hades the centre of evil? This could also explain the nature of Nirvana and the extreme evilness of Zeref who pretty much were in the middle of the source of magic.

kkck
February 22, 2011, 02:23 PM
I just had a thought.
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/215/7
Could caprico actually have used his magic against makarov in that short moment? If we think about it, makarov really is one of the most overpowered people around. Would it make sense an even older man could beat him like that? I guess it is possible hades really is that grossly overpowered but it would make more sense caprico did weaken him for the fight. If this is the case then perhaps fairy tail really isn't doomed.

Sollum
February 22, 2011, 03:13 PM
^ I think of his magic more being like an Aura, rather than direct spell.

In my opinion he weakens every human around him. Furthermore, we didn't see him casting any spells.

Tho i think Makarov did one mistake, he should have waited with Fairy Law, since Grimmoire Law is counter spell, that can only be cast when Fairy Law is about to be activated (stated by Hades). So... Makarov could stand up now, dig himself a deep hole, and cast Fairy Law in there, without Hades noticing anything...

kkck
February 22, 2011, 03:23 PM
I doubt hades would fail to notice the sheer amount of magic released during fairy law even if makarov hid. He would still be able to pull a double suicide in that scenario IMO.

As for caprico, we also have to consider that his human subordination magic probably consists of more than 2 spells (weakening people around him and summoning so far).

shuha27
February 22, 2011, 03:52 PM
Tho i think Makarov did one mistake, he should have waited with Fairy Law, since Grimmoire Law is counter spell, that can only be cast when Fairy Law is about to be activated (stated by Hades). So... Makarov could stand up now, dig himself a deep hole, and cast Fairy Law in there, without Hades noticing anything...

I don't think that would work. Hades was shown using magic that would take forever in quick success. His reflexes are way better than Makarov too. I think Hades would know if Fairy Law was being cast too, so he could simply counter it with his Grimoire Law.

Lord.Strife
February 22, 2011, 06:19 PM
i would like to see the ruling magic vs a dragonslayer since it would answer some questions about wether the ds is completly human

llamapie
February 22, 2011, 09:16 PM
I doubt hades would fail to notice the sheer amount of magic released during fairy law even if makarov hid. He would still be able to pull a double suicide in that scenario IMO.

As for caprico, we also have to consider that his human subordination magic probably consists of more than 2 spells (weakening people around him and summoning so far).

Well its all related. He enslaves humans as his summons so ya. I think its all related to that.

lamenguy
February 22, 2011, 09:33 PM
caprico saw lucy's father kill lucy's mother. lucy's father kill lucy's mother is just for the property and money, the property doesn't belong to lucy's father, it belong to lucy's mother.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 23, 2011, 01:34 PM
i would like to see the ruling magic vs a dragonslayer since it would answer some questions about wether the ds is completly human

That would be really interesting, considering that the barier didn't let Natsu and Gajeel get out from it, because their age was actually above 80, so we can assume that they should be some hybrid.:) Maybe human with dragon or even Dragons in human form.:)

MonsterEnvy
February 23, 2011, 02:41 PM
^ I think of his magic more being like an Aura, rather than direct spell.

In my opinion he weakens every human around him. Furthermore, we didn't see him casting any spells.

no thats not how it works he never said thats how it worked

Grimmoire law is just another version of Fairy law if Makarov somehow recovered enough to use it (also fairy law is very flashy so Hades would knows its being used) Hades would then use Grimmoire law and everybody would get wiped out

Thorvardur
February 23, 2011, 03:54 PM
I think if Makarov has to cast Fairy law he will have to be in top shape, which he is isn't in. Grimmoire Law is propably the same spell as Fairy Law just with different name, probably consist of the guild the caster is in.

Jorge D. Dragon
February 23, 2011, 04:36 PM
For now I don't expect any Fairy Law. Makarov is in pretty bad shape. She didn't even regain cointious for now. For now we are going to have some revelations about Lucy and her family and also other characters fighting, but Makarov is out of the game for several chapters.:)

White Silver King
February 23, 2011, 07:38 PM
It's never made sense to me how a DS can't be human (even a little bit non-human). They were born regular humans and adopted by the dragons, how that could change one's species I don't understand.

kkck
February 23, 2011, 08:53 PM
It's never made sense to me how a DS can't be human (even a little bit non-human). They were born regular humans and adopted by the dragons, how that could change one's species I don't understand.

During the edoras arc they were referred to as being human yet not human though. Their very magic makes them change their physical constitution to that of a dragon to boot. I don't think they were born anything but 100% human though, I don't expect them to be the mythical decendants of a legendary creature which makes dragons look like the geiko gecko.

saya1987
February 23, 2011, 09:48 PM
you know what, since aquarius probably used to be one of Layla's spirit, she would have known capricon. wouldn't it nice for them to meet each other in battle? If capricon was really abandoned by Layla (as what we've guessed so far but it's another matter whether it's intentionally or not), he'd be sooo jealous and angry upon seeing aquarius. haha...Too bad Lucy used her in her previous battle against bixslow and freid.

kkck
February 23, 2011, 11:20 PM
I don't think anyone suspected capricorn was abandoned by layla lol, at least not intentionally... Not sure if all the spirits lucy started out with belonged to layla although it is possible.

saya1987
February 24, 2011, 10:41 AM
still...it'd be good to see caprico's reactions to any of his former colleagues. awy, I guess Lucy will most probably use gemini since she has yet to use them. With gemini, I guess she could figure his connections with her mum somehow or she could simply ask crux.

I hope 224 will be released on friday night :D

sigma_song
February 24, 2011, 04:11 PM
What's the consensus on Lucy's mom's name?

Her dad called her Layla and it's Layla on her grave but Capricorn calls her
Reira. Is it a mistranslation or something?

Sollum
February 24, 2011, 04:16 PM

If i recall it correctly, Japanese do not have sound R. R stands for L, so in fact

Reira sounds as Leila

And if am right, Layla is pronounced as Leila

shuha27
February 24, 2011, 05:19 PM
@Sollum
It's the other way around. There's no L sound in Japanese so they replace it with the R.

ravaha
February 24, 2011, 06:53 PM
What if the reason Caprico wants lucy dead is that Lucy's mom made him have a contract with Lucy. It would be cool if the reason he is able to sustain himself for 17 years is because he has been draining magic from Lucy without knowing it. IT would be hilarious if Lucy just unsummons him right as he is about to kill her with an attack. She gets a stupid idea in her head "hey im a celestial mage, maybe i should try to unsummon Caprico." Then poof hes back in he celestial realm and his key falls to the ground for Lucy to pick up. Maybe the reason he ins angry is because he knows Lucy is his true master and he doesnt want to be controlled.

kkck
February 24, 2011, 10:00 PM
I was thinking that the means by which caprico stayed in the human world were the humans he keeps as subordinates. He basically has a number of humans from which he constantly drains magic. He'd need quite a bit of them though. Your idea would be interesting although it would be kinda hax for lucy. If lucy has been consistently wasting magic to keep caprico summoned then once caprico is unsummoned then she would have huge amount of magic at her disposal. She would easily be able to keep 2 or perhaps even 3 spirits at one time. The power her spirits have would also increase dramatically. Her being able to keep up with natsu or grey would not be an exaggeration in such an scenario.

LoS
February 24, 2011, 10:51 PM
IT would be hilarious if Lucy just unsummons him right as he is about to kill her with an attack. She gets a stupid idea in her head "hey im a celestial mage, maybe i should try to unsummon Caprico."

No, that would be pretty dumb.

I'm not trying to sound mean here, but I don't really like your idea at all.

ravaha
February 24, 2011, 11:20 PM
I was thinking that the means by which caprico stayed in the human world were the humans he keeps as subordinates. He basically has a number of humans from which he constantly drains magic. He'd need quite a bit of them though. Your idea would be interesting although it would be kinda hax for lucy. If lucy has been consistently wasting magic to keep caprico summoned then once caprico is unsummoned then she would have huge amount of magic at her disposal. She would easily be able to keep 2 or perhaps even 3 spirits at one time. The power her spirits have would also increase dramatically. Her being able to keep up with natsu or grey would not be an exaggeration in such an scenario.

Well If you ready the random predictions thread. I have a theory that Natsu, Gazille, and Wendy are about to get a humongous boost in power when Zeref has his powers unsealed.

I know my idea is ridiculous, but Lucy is the narrator of the story so she has to be strong enough to not be a burden on Natsu + she now has a lineage of greatness lol. I think it wouldnt be an asspull if she was to already own Caprico because her mom owned caprico.

+ before he started writing Fairy Tail he designed all the Celestial spirits, and he specifically stated that once all 12 are collected by one person, the spirits will each evolve and get much stronger.

So maybe the worthless spirits wont be so worthless after all 12 keys are collected.if only i could find the link for it. I know one of the spirits yet to be revealed is a fortune teller or something.

kkck
February 24, 2011, 11:37 PM
When has lucy been a burden though? If I recall she has rarely, if at all, held anyone back. She saved natsu in the first chapter when he was in the boat, she helped against the monkeys who trapped makao, she was the one who allowed the gang to escape the tornado barrier, defeated one of gerards assassins with jubia, took out bixlow, angel fell due to her spell with the help from hibiki, defeated the old guy who transformed into an octopus and was the one who figured out where mavis's grave is. She has done more than grey lol. I was not making fun of your theory though, I was merely considering the implications of it. Lucy having had her magic drained by a powerful stellar spirit for the past 7 years is something of a big deal for her considering her greatest limitation as a mage is the amount of magic she has.

ravaha
February 25, 2011, 01:45 AM
When has lucy been a burden though? If I recall she has rarely, if at all, held anyone back. She saved natsu in the first chapter when he was in the boat, she helped against the monkeys who trapped makao, she was the one who allowed the gang to escape the tornado barrier, defeated one of gerards assassins with jubia, took out bixlow, angel fell due to her spell with the help from hibiki, defeated the old guy who transformed into an octopus and was the one who figured out where mavis's grave is. She has done more than grey lol. I was not making fun of your theory though, I was merely considering the implications of it. Lucy having had her magic drained by a powerful stellar spirit for the past 7 years is something of a big deal for her considering her greatest limitation as a mage is the amount of magic she has.

i didnt say she is currently a burden. Im saying once Zeref's powers are unsealed she will need a power boost to keep up witht he caliber of enemies they are going to be facing. I like Lucy allot.

Lucy, and NAtsu are the only 2 characters growing in strength currently. erza just equips armors that make her opponents weaker so its hard to tell how much stronger she is getting. Grey jjust seems to be lagging behind.

saya1987
February 25, 2011, 04:10 AM
I agree that Lucy has been growing tremendously as a mage (much more than natsu) although many still think that she's extremely weak compared to Erza, Gray and Natsu. Personally, I believe that she has the potential to surpass Erza and Gray in future.

Firstly, in the first arc where she and Natsu rescued Macao, she doubted she could have enough magic to sustain Taurus after using Horologium and a few arcs later, you could see she's able to use multiple summons. This took place probably within A YEAR! Yeah, her battle tactics certainly suck and can't be compared to the rest of Team Natsu but everyone seemed to forget the fact that Erza, Gray and Natsu have been fighting since young whereas Lucy probably just started within a year ago. Lucy may have gotten her gold keys when her mum died but she didn't use them for battling purposes until she ran away from home. Even then, she wasn't the type to look for fights to train herself.

I really wish Caprico would become her key in the end and train her a bit.

ca12nag3
February 25, 2011, 05:38 AM
I think this battle can only end 1 way, Lucy turns around to go to Loki. The battle is going bad for him and when Caprico is about to finish him off Lucy takes the hit for him.
Caprico will be surprised etc and see her for who she realy is and change his ways etc.

saya1987
February 25, 2011, 09:06 AM
I think Caprico probably ends up with Lucy out of guilt or duty towards her mum. It's like Leo and Karen- the only way to repent for his sins would be to serve the living. Surely, if he respects and loves Layla as his master that much, it would extend to Lucy.

Nonlife
February 25, 2011, 10:16 AM
I think Caprico probably ends up with Lucy out of guilt or duty towards her mum. It's like Leo and Karen- the only way to repent for his sins would be to serve the living. Surely, if he respects and loves Layla as his master that much, it would extend to Lucy.

Juding by his manner - so far - he strikes me as the kind of spirit who may be against spirits being used by humans.

Krono
February 26, 2011, 03:24 AM
It could just be Lucy's father's first name. I don't remember if that's been revealed before.

That's one possibility. Someone on 2ch speculated it was Purehito's given name, which would mean more insight to Hades' motives. Personally I'm guessing it's Mest's real given name. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

It's Layla by the gravestone (http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7273/gravestonep.jpg), and by the official translation as well IIRC. The translator probably just didn't think to check.

LoS
February 26, 2011, 04:15 AM
Mest's name was given in the last chapter though...

Krono
February 26, 2011, 04:34 AM
Mest's name was given in the last chapter though...

We don't know if Doranbalt is his full real name though. And he's on the island due to his ambitions in the first place because he wanted a promotion. Since the prospect of the council killing a score of Fairy Tail mages just because it'd be it'd be more convenient for them if FT's biggest trouble makers were collateral damage to destroying GH and Zeref might have him reconsidering his priorities, it could be about him.

Oberon
February 26, 2011, 06:43 AM
Verification: Confirmed
Source: MangaHideout
Credits: JJT (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=44142047)

http://thumbnails38.imagebam.com/12121/6c7603121201343.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c7603121201343) http://thumbnails27.imagebam.com/12121/547650121201345.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/547650121201345) http://thumbnails28.imagebam.com/12121/a1f7fa121201347.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a1f7fa121201347)

eclipse12
February 26, 2011, 09:43 AM
Looks like Loke won but something has happened to him. Also looks like lucy knows something because of the keys on her waist.

kkck
February 26, 2011, 09:50 AM
Perhaps loki was possessed? Can't read jap so no clue lol. If spoiler is out then it can't be long until the chapter is out luckily. I think that what lucy felt was loki returning to being under her control for the most part. I don't think loki really won though, I can't imagine defeating a member of the seven kin being so easy.

icybluz
February 26, 2011, 10:41 AM
Verification: Confirmed
Source: MangaHideout
Credits: JJT (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=44142047)

http://thumbnails38.imagebam.com/12121/6c7603121201343.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/6c7603121201343) http://thumbnails27.imagebam.com/12121/547650121201345.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/547650121201345) http://thumbnails28.imagebam.com/12121/a1f7fa121201347.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a1f7fa121201347)

proper credit for these pics would be beggerking at mangahideout.com

Bhoot
February 26, 2011, 11:22 AM
First time i have ever seen spoilers for FT out !!

Nyways , looks like Loki is gonna do something michevious -o.o-

Ero-Sanji
February 26, 2011, 11:29 AM
So we have a picture of Loki, beside an unconscious Caprico. Then we move on to a picture of Loki with a very sinister smile who then collapses out of his stomach injury.

The possessed theory seem very, legit, thinking of how caprico's power works but also the motives for him to actually possess Loki. Thinking of how he wants to engage Lucy taking over Loki is the best way.

Caprico's body doesn't have any sign of injury, as well. So, instead of actually losing he just took over Loki's body.

Krono
February 26, 2011, 12:03 PM
Perhaps loki was possessed? Can't read jap so no clue lol. If spoiler is out then it can't be long until the chapter is out luckily. I think that what lucy felt was loki returning to being under her control for the most part. I don't think loki really won though, I can't imagine defeating a member of the seven kin being so easy.

An attempt at control or possession would be my guess. On the panel next to the one with Caprico, Loki's saying his name is Leo, and his master is Lucy. I can't make out half of the rest of what he's saying, but it doesn't seem to be something he'd say.

saya1987
February 26, 2011, 12:31 PM
So we have a picture of Loki, beside an unconscious Caprico. Then we move on to a picture of Loki with a very sinister smile who then collapses out of his stomach injury.

The possessed theory seem very, legit, thinking of how caprico's power works but also the motives for him to actually possess Loki. Thinking of how he wants to engage Lucy taking over Loki is the best way.

Caprico's body doesn't have any sign of injury, as well. So, instead of actually losing he just took over Loki's body.

my japanese isn't that great but the evil looking loki was saying something along the lines of lucy believing in his appearance and the second bubble about slavery and (lucy) looking as lovely as layla sama. creeepy!

If Caprico really possesses loki, it'd be so tragic for loki to accidentally kill his owner again. (assuming that lucy would meet up with him somehow.)

kkck
February 26, 2011, 12:39 PM
Based on the translations you mentioned it seems like loki is being brainwashed other than being possessed though. Perhaps it is a combination of possession and brainwashing though. The possessed person does not realize he is being possessed and ends up thinking he was acting on his own free will while in turn his actions were being influenced by someone else. Perhaps the real member of the seven kin was not caprico himself but someone capable of possessing people. It would make sense considering that caprico's magic was not taught to him by hades but rather it was some other ancient magic. It would make sense a hypothetical hidden mage who was indeed taught by hades was using such magic to take over other people.

Ero-Sanji
February 26, 2011, 12:40 PM
my japanese isn't that great but the evil looking loki was saying something along the lines of slavery and lucy looking as lovely as layla sama. creeepy!

Nice:p

Then it further proves that Caprico really took over.

If Caprico really possesses loki, it'd be so tragic for loki to accidentally kill his owner again. (assuming that lucy would meet up with him somehow.)

Would Lucy die? I mean someone is going to die in this arc or at least get really hurt. Mashima is toying with us. First he shows the defeat of Makarov, then Mirajane and then Elfman and Evergreen and now Lucy is in the danger zone! I wonder who bites the dust but I highly doubt it would be Lucy.

saya1987
February 26, 2011, 12:56 PM
then again, leo is one of the strongest spirits...may be he could fight against caprico's control somehow?

kkck
February 26, 2011, 01:06 PM
I really don't think caprico is the one controlling or attempting to control leo. His magic is human subordination, it would not allow him to do such a thing. I really do think there is a human mage behind this somehow. Perhaps this possession magic we are seeing is a lost magic version of stellar spirit magic? Rather than using a contract to control a spirit you completely take over it and its personality.

Krono
February 26, 2011, 01:17 PM
I really don't think caprico is the one controlling or attempting to control leo. His magic is human subordination, it would not allow him to do such a thing. I really do think there is a human mage behind this somehow. Perhaps this possession magic we are seeing is a lost magic version of stellar spirit magic? Rather than using a contract to control a spirit you completely take over it and its personality.

It would kind of make sense if Zoldio was a human wizard that was harassing or stalking Layla or something like that. She sends Caprico out to hunt him down and deal with him, but Caprico gets taken over instead.

saya1987
February 26, 2011, 01:23 PM
but caprico did said that he has no master but rather, he's the master himself so I don't think there's anyone controlling him at the moment. Secondly, if he's controlled by somebody, I don't think that particular somebody would specifically target lucy.

(note: the following is my assumption (I'm also assuming that loki loses), not based on translations as I'm not that proficient in japanese. )

If you look at the last page of the spoiler, lucy's keys were glowing in one of the panels. I think caprico has taken over leo's place and returned to the spirit world to recuperate before coming out again...either that or he's just trying to go through her keys to locate lucy. After all, a spirit can appear at the place where the spirit mage is.

Anyway, my point is, caprico is returning to his homeland after 17 years!

Ero-Sanji
February 26, 2011, 02:08 PM
but caprico did said that he has no master but rather, he's the master himself so I don't think there's anyone controlling him at the moment. Secondly, if he's controlled by somebody, I don't think that particular somebody would specifically target lucy.

If you look at the last page of the spoiler, lucy's keys were glowing in one of the panels. I think caprico has taken over leo's place and returned to the spirit world to recuperate before coming out again...either that or he's just trying to go through her keys to locate lucy. After all, a spirit can appear at the place where the spirit mage is.

Anyway, my point is, caprico is returning to his homeland after 17 years!

I totally agree. If it weren't Caprico then why does he remember Layla through Lucy and why does he have such strong feelings toward her. Also how was he able to remember something only caprico should've remembered?

kkck
February 26, 2011, 03:37 PM
Its not like caprico would have been the only person to know layla. Perhaps whoever is behind caprico also knew layla which would make sense considering the involvement with stellar spirits and caprico in particular.

Sollum
February 26, 2011, 03:53 PM
^ Maybe it's old Zoldio's Lover or relative >.>

meepers4982
February 26, 2011, 04:32 PM
okay absolutely amazing that we have spoilers since we stopped having them since the edo arc. Hmmm poor loki, however im not making any assumptions on what happened to him until the chapters out then everything becomes clearer. Hmm looks like a good chapter, very emotional.

Curryman
February 26, 2011, 05:46 PM
It would kind of make sense if Zoldio was a human wizard that was harassing or stalking Layla or something like that. She sends Caprico out to hunt him down and deal with him, but Caprico gets taken over instead.

Nice theory! Better yet what if Zoldio was the one that actually KILLED layla after taking over Caprico...:s

I want to see pissed off Lucy!

miramira
February 26, 2011, 07:54 PM
Cool, this is my first time to see an FT spoiler as well. :)

If the first panels suggest that Caprico took over Loki.. in the next panels it seems that there's an inner struggle going on. Definitely even if Caprico is (or appears) much stronger Loki would not give up without a fight. It's Lucy's life in stake, afterall.

(Just a question.. Did Lucy ever mention how her mother died? Just a sudden thought, what if Layla wasn't dead but ended up as Caprico's subordinate too? Maybe they only thought she died? Is that possible? I was rewatching the early episodes yesterday and saw that part where Lucy was writing to her mom. It would be kinda nice if Layla gets to read those letters in the end.)

Anyway can't wait for the next chapter! :}

ca12nag3
February 26, 2011, 08:01 PM
Now and then it is Lucy narating the story telling how things turn out or that stuff didnt go as she expected at the time. So the entire FT story is taking place in the past. < from Lucy's narating perspective.

So its possible that someone is reading those letters and in the end we get to see who is?

miramira
February 26, 2011, 08:25 PM
When has lucy been a burden though? If I recall she has rarely, if at all, held anyone back. She saved natsu in the first chapter when he was in the boat, she helped against the monkeys who trapped makao, she was the one who allowed the gang to escape the tornado barrier, defeated one of gerards assassins with jubia, took out bixlow, angel fell due to her spell with the help from hibiki, defeated the old guy who transformed into an octopus and was the one who figured out where mavis's grave is. She has done more than grey lol.

I totally agree. Grey and Loki knew Lucy would be the one who'd find Mavis' grave. In terms of the amount of magic power she may not be S-class level or perhaps not yet S-class candidate level, but she's done a lot for her comrades and fought her own battles too. I know she was a bit of a damsel in distress during Phantom vs Fairy Tail battle, but she didnt just let herself caught waited for rescue, she tried to fight. And she redeemed herself in the end of that arc and stood up for Fairy Tail. She's been doing that eversince. :)

Nonlife
February 26, 2011, 08:43 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of these close-calls of death?

First there was the chapter where Erza died after Etherion hit - Nope! She's fine.
Next, Makarov recieves a fatal blow by Grimoire's Heart leader, aka as Makarov's master & the head of FT before him; but wait! He's fine too - thanks to...what's-her-name. I'm sorry, but if Mira turns out to be alive, I'm gonna be disappointed.

saya1987
February 26, 2011, 09:07 PM
okay, I did more translations of the last page. It seemed that leo/caprico had returned to the celestial world. as you can see from gray's face, he's realising in horror that he has no partner for his exam! haha....

As for the cover story, happy's is having a mission in the middle of the night and his eyes are glowing, not because he's fired up but simply the fact that he's a cat...

miramira
February 26, 2011, 09:20 PM
^wow thanks for the translation

Haha poor gray!

Leo/Caprico returned to the celestial world?
I wonder what's up with that.. did they return together to speak to their King?
Or settle their issue there?

The last one seems to be the last page of the chapter..
at least Lucy's safe for until the next one right?
but I wouldn't expect this whole thing regarding Caprico to end in just one chapter
So I think Leo and Caprico's return to their world isn't the end of this

shuha27
February 26, 2011, 09:22 PM
I don't want a character like Mira to die. I want her to stay as a supporting character to the manga. I rather have Evergreen dead....but knowing Fairy Tail no one is probably going to die....

Krono
February 26, 2011, 09:24 PM
(Just a question.. Did Lucy ever mention how her mother died? Just a sudden thought, what if Layla wasn't dead but ended up as Caprico's subordinate too? Maybe they only thought she died? Is that possible? I was rewatching the early episodes yesterday and saw that part where Lucy was writing to her mom. It would be kinda nice if Layla gets to read those letters in the end.)

No, we don't know how, or why, or even what day Lucy's mother died.

Now and then it is Lucy narating the story telling how things turn out or that stuff didnt go as she expected at the time. So the entire FT story is taking place in the past. < from Lucy's narating perspective.

So its possible that someone is reading those letters and in the end we get to see who is?

Lucy stopped writing the letter after the Phantom Lord arc. Her narration basically went from her writing letters to her mother, to her writing her book.

saya1987
February 26, 2011, 09:34 PM
according to a lucy bubble, she was explaining to cana and gray that when a spirit uses too much strength/ sustains injuries, he would need to return to the spirit world to recover and that spirits can't stay in the human world for long etc...

Thus, it would probably mean that leo's injuries were too serious to sustain his form in the human world so caprico went back to the spirit world to recover his strength before he could come out again.

Another possibility is that the spirit world is the fastest way to locate lucy (compared to running around the island). Afterall, a spirit only appears where the spirit mage is.

as for what happened to loki, I have no idea. LOL, I was thinking of another possibility that caprico switched bodies with loki (notice how caprico lied on the floor despite being in loki's body)but that seemed to far-stretched and I prefer the idea of possession/ brainwashing better.

takarita
February 26, 2011, 11:14 PM
i support the theory about Zoldio possesing caprico, and now loki, and remembering the edo arc, the Extalia's Queen could predicte someones death, Lucy's death, and those was confirmed since charly's vision.

kkck
February 26, 2011, 11:50 PM
I think the hand we saw in charles vision was mira's. I doubt lucy is going anywhere in this arc.

saya1987
February 26, 2011, 11:56 PM
I doubt it's lucy's hand too...it's too predictable, isn't it?

saya1987
February 27, 2011, 12:09 AM
nah, I think and prefer that no one's going to die...they probably will just sustain heavy injuries. However, I don't like lisanna being brought back alive. Not that I hate lisanna, but she's contributing nothing towards the plot and is a burden on mirajane during the last fight.

Ero-Sanji
February 27, 2011, 12:43 AM
Its not like caprico would have been the only person to know layla. Perhaps whoever is behind caprico also knew layla which would make sense considering the involvement with stellar spirits and caprico in particular.

Agreed. But it still doesn't explain the memories and the last chapter also indicated that he's himself by the way he talked and addressed Loki/Leo.

Anyway, I bet this Zoldio will help us understand the whole thing a little better.

Kuzumikun
February 27, 2011, 07:00 AM
the hand is not lucys
1) cuz shes the main character aside from natsu, erza,and grey
2) if lucy were too die its too early for her to at least wait until the last chapter
3) i dunno what else to say haha :D
ohh btw hmm well it seems loki looks crazy until something happens to him on the last pannel
could be capri controlling him then loki relizing if he does take over his sole lucy's life is at stake so yea just my guess
-sorry for typos im using 1 hand XD

miramira
February 27, 2011, 07:32 AM
^ haha i agree. i don't hate lisanna either but i didn't like that she returned.
i'm sure mashima has a good reason for that, though. what i really wouldn't want is if lisanna would beat azuma in the next chapters... that would be cheap, no offense x.x she might become stronger LATER on... but not right away.

it looks like we won't see what will happen to them until everyone got their own battle's focus though... like how we did'nt move on to evergreen/elfman's battle until mira was beaten (i don't want to say died yet lol) and how we didn't move to gray/loki/lucy/kana until after evergreen/elfman lost... i think it'd be the same after gray/loki/lucy/kana battle we'd maybe move on to erza/juvia and then natsu... something like that.

man.. no update yet.. this is sad :(

ca12nag3
February 27, 2011, 07:52 AM
No, we don't know how, or why, or even what day Lucy's mother died.

Lucy stopped writing the letter after the Phantom Lord arc. Her narration basically went from her writing letters to her mother, to her writing her book.

well yes but im not talking about the difference between letter and book. More like.

-Is someone reading the book/letters? And who is it?
-Is she telling someone this story at her old age? ^^ Whos listening?

Since she is clearly the narrator of the story. And speaking about the past.

1337 haxor
February 27, 2011, 07:56 AM
Is it me or Leo is hidding some serious shit about the true nature of the Stellar Spirits and their role in the whole Zeref deal.

Something doesn`t match, first of all they can be used freely in another dimension where no Earthland magic should be used without a special artifact to release it.

Now from Caprico we discover that Stellar Spirits can become mages and learn new abilities they weren`t supposed to utilize. I mean, summoning humans is not Caprico's original role.

And then we got Loki going apeshit insane, beating his former comrade and rambling some cryptical declaration.

Something is wrong with the whole Lucy and stellar spirits deal and once the stage is set we will shit bricks.

Newkerzy
February 27, 2011, 09:09 AM
Is it me or Leo is hidding some serious shit about the true nature of the Stellar Spirits and their role in the whole Zeref deal.

Something doesn`t match, first of all they can be used freely in another dimension where no Earthland magic should be used without a special artifact to release it.

Now from Caprico we discover that Stellar Spirits can become mages and learn new abilities they weren`t supposed to utilize. I mean, summoning humans is not Caprico's original role.

And then we got Loki going apeshit insane, beating his former comrade and rambling some cryptical declaration.

Something is wrong with the whole Lucy and stellar spirits deal and once the stage is set we will shit bricks.

Actually, that was thanks to Mistgun's pill. With that pill, Mages from EarthLand can use magic.

But I agree with you something fishy is definitely going on.

saya1987
February 27, 2011, 09:36 AM

That's not surprising at all... spirits do gain new abilities and power as their master's strength increases. For example, at the beginning of the series, virgo could only dig holes but in the edolas arc, she was able to perform her spica hole attack.

However, judging from loki's knowledge in 223, it seems that the basic skills of caprico are to lower his opponents' strength and attacks. Summoning humans is probably the lost magic that he possesses.

ca12nag3
February 27, 2011, 10:37 AM
She was only 29 thats kinda young so something happend. If it was illness wed have seen some pages with Lucy near her moms bed or at least something that indicated she was ill.
So im going with the option she was either killed in a mage fight or Caprico did something to her.

kkck
February 27, 2011, 11:05 AM
Well, so much for manga streams schedule lol. I want my chapter!

Now, obviously something happened to lucy's mom, I don't see how her death could be something uninvolved with the manga's big plot and whatnot. The fact that she died the same year as the dragons disappeared suggest her death is most likely connected to them and in some way zeref. The fact that caprico ended up wanting to awake zeref is another indication of that.

Marche
February 27, 2011, 11:15 AM
I want to know why Gray react in that way, and why Cana blush.
Beside I think that Lucy will understand that it's not the real Loki.
Perhaps if it the real Caprico who has that power, he could test Lucy, because he want to know if Lucy is as her mother (if in someway he thinks that her mother betrayed him).

Sollum
February 27, 2011, 12:20 PM
I want to know why Gray react in that way, and why Cana blush.
Beside I think that Lucy will understand that it's not the real Loki.
Perhaps if it the real Caprico who has that power, he could test Lucy, because he want to know if Lucy is as her mother (if in someway he thinks that her mother betrayed him).

I think someone translated that Loki went to spirit world and Grey now doesn't have a partner for exam.

Omg 29 yrs old! And married to such a snob >.>
Was is for the money?
Was she charmed?

Marche
February 27, 2011, 12:28 PM
I think someone translated that Loki went to spirit world and Grey now doesn't have a partner for exam.

Was is for the money?
Was she charmed?Thanks for that.
So now I am sure that Lucy will understand that it's not that Loki.

saya1987
February 27, 2011, 12:46 PM
Was is for the money?
Was she charmed?

ermmm...may be she used to be a powerful mage once and was tired of fighting all the time so she would rather live a low-profile life? Awy, lucy's dad wasn't rich when layla married him. He only became wealthy after he and layla left love and lucky.

P.S I think I'm having withdrawal symptons from fairy tail.

White Silver King
February 27, 2011, 01:22 PM
Mira can't die! :crying:scry

The hand needs to be Evergreen's, Lisanna's, Lluvia's or Cana's!

Freid
February 27, 2011, 01:57 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of these close-calls of death?

First there was the chapter where Erza died after Etherion hit - Nope! She's fine.

lol Erza is immortal. She's the last person I expect to die. Like if their world was completely nuked, including the dragons, I would totally expect only her to emerge out of the rubble with an anti-nuke armour or something.

Nonlife
February 27, 2011, 02:50 PM
lol Erza is immortal. She's the last person I expect to die. Like if their world was completely nuked, including the dragons, I would totally expect only her to emerge out of the rubble with an anti-nuke armour or something.

I like her too; but that chapter seemed like a waste. (Would have been better if she had a "life flashed before her eyes" scenario.) I know, it's what we should expect from Shouned: making a stretch from "death scenarios"; but I was completely under the impression Makarov really died, the way Luxus made his long-awaited reappearance. (Maybe I'm growing out of my manga interests; I have been watching a lot of drama series.)

Mashiro_Luna
February 27, 2011, 02:56 PM
Was is for the money?
Was she charmed?

They have already said that (I think it was the chapter Love & Lucky) Lucy's parents were together before her father was rich. I think they got together when her father wa spart of the merchents guild cause they named her after the guild (The 'k' missing in Lucky).

kkck
February 27, 2011, 03:01 PM
Wonder if the heartphilia name meant anything before lucy's family went rich though. It'd be interesting if the name could be traced back to the times when zeref was wrecking havoc around the world. It'd give more depth to lucy as a character and her relevance to the story and perhaps explain why her mom died exactly at the same time the dragons disappeared.

Kuzumikun
February 27, 2011, 05:27 PM
i still wonder when lucy's mother disappeared so did the dragons i hope it reveals what happens to layla and the dragons in the next chapters

ibn.
February 27, 2011, 09:29 PM
i thought lucy's mother was dead not disappeared.

kkck
February 27, 2011, 11:12 PM
i still wonder when lucy's mother disappeared so did the dragons i hope it reveals what happens to layla and the dragons in the next chapters

I would think lucy's mom is dead and not a missing person considering she in fact does have a grave. It'd be interesting if her grave was actually empty though.

Bhoot
February 28, 2011, 12:31 AM
I was expecting the chapter to have been released by now >"<

BTW who knows , maybe Lucy's mom was murdered

kkck
February 28, 2011, 12:45 AM
I think murder is the most likely scenario. Sickness would be a tad too cliche and it is unlikely she died of natural causes at the ripe age of 29. I guess an accident is also possible though. Where is the damn chapter lol? I expected it saturday morning! I can't live this long off spoilers.... hopefully manga stream finds a decent raw provider for this manga soon enough. Is there any other group that normally releases by this time BTW?

saya1987
February 28, 2011, 02:12 AM
yeap, I want to know whether loki won the fight or not! Awy, the spoiler was handled pretty well. The person just showed 2 pages of loki being taken over by caprico before showing us the last page where leo/caprico returned to the celestial world.

arggggh, I want to know what happened during the fight.

1337 haxor
February 28, 2011, 06:28 AM
I would think lucy's mom is dead and not a missing person considering she in fact does have a grave. It'd be interesting if her grave was actually empty though.

Just like Lisanna's.

Lucy's mother is far more relevant to the plot than her father but I, for some reason, got a Saint Seya feel behind her story and purpose.

In SS Athena was born in holyness but raised by a very rich man while nobody knew exactly of her deceased mother.

Same could go for Lucy in FT, if Layla got pregnant the same way Mary gave Jesus (I mean, not from man but divine incarnation), it could be that she knew what her daughter was and which role it was going to play.

So she quited her guild and married a jerk who could afford protection and shelter to her and her daughter.

Of couse she must have felt love for Lucy's father but women always but providence for her children above all else.

Lucy so far has been proved to possess unknows powers as she was capable of throwing a super powerful spell despite being depleted of most of her magic strenght.

If, like Zeref, Lucy also holds within herself something unimaginably powerful then what that force is and which goal it has it's still a mistery.

EDIT:
Just a question, the uploader got sick or what? Chapter is almost two days delayed.

fizzil
February 28, 2011, 06:44 AM
It's interesting to note that Lucy's mother died the same year Igneel and the other dragons disappeared.

Bhoot
February 28, 2011, 08:19 AM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/60137963/1

Chapter is out!!

llamapie
February 28, 2011, 08:28 AM
So Lucy has another strong spirit. She gets them so easily too.

@_@ The time gap is odd. Looks like Mashima will use it to show us some battle aftermaths in other spots and leave us with more questions.

kkck
February 28, 2011, 08:42 AM
Interesting chapter. It seems caprico was indeed possessed although I am not sure I am too happy with the backstory. Caprico was never evil and lucy got an exceptionally hax spirit. Heck, with human subordination magic then fairy tail could actually have a chance of winning this. So zoldio was just some random dude who wanted the key of capricorn and went to the darkness simply because caprico wanted to serve lucy? I guess we have the answer to how caprico stayed in the human world, zoldio was most likely using his own magic. What happened to the humans he had as his subordinates though? Also, is human subordination the power caprico had or is it the power zoldio had? Perhaps caprico's power is something else in reality?

The one interesting thing about zoldio disappearing is that it seemed he went to the stellar spirit world. Could it be that he was inside a stellar spirit for so long he became a spirit himself? It'd be interesting if that is the case.

Ero-Sanji
February 28, 2011, 08:53 AM
Finally I'm satisfied!

This chapter was really sweet and cool. The best thing is that the human subordinate magic most likely is Zoldio's own and not caprico's meaning that there's a spot for him to evolve as well. The only bad thing with Caprico joining is that especially Taurus and Cancer gets less and less time to evolve and show us some new attacks and techniques. Good to see that Layla was a great magician too, though.

Next chapter is called "tear" and I think it's safe to conclude that it's going to focus mainly on Ultear and perhaps Natsu and their encounter. I hope that we could see some more background story on her.

gotdott
February 28, 2011, 09:00 AM
Interesting chapter. It seems caprico was indeed possessed although I am not sure I am too happy with the backstory. Caprico was never evil and lucy got an exceptionally hax spirit. Heck, with human subordination magic then fairy tail could actually have a chance of winning this. So zoldio was just some random dude who wanted the key of capricorn and went to the darkness simply because caprico wanted to serve lucy? I guess we have the answer to how caprico stayed in the human world, zoldio was most likely using his own magic. What happened to the humans he had as his subordinates though? Also, is human subordination the power caprico had or is it the power zoldio had? Perhaps caprico's power is something else in reality?

The one interesting thing about zoldio disappearing is that it seemed he went to the stellar spirit world. Could it be that he was inside a stellar spirit for so long he became a spirit himself? It'd be interesting if that is the case.

The human subordination magic was Zoldeo's. It said specifically that if he used it on anyone other than a human he fused with the target so it can be assumed that he tried it on Caprico and not the other way around cause it would obviously have worked if that was the case :P

ghostexiled
February 28, 2011, 09:01 AM

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, NO AGONY POSTS, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the translation for this chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/225/).

Rules Updated/Important Notes:

* ONLY post spoilers in this thread.
If you have spoilers and this thread is not yet open, check this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84) to locate the moderators associated with this section, then check this page (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showgroups.php) to see which of those moderators is currently online, and then contact one such moderator with your spoiler (having the spoiler, source, and credits).

* Please include ONLY spoilers you believe to be legitimate, and post a source for them.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Please DO NOT repost the pics and/or scripts which are already posted in here, including the cleaned ones.

* Only post repeating spoiler pics if:
They are originally significantly bigger than the current ones available (not by resizing them)
The text is clearer for translators to translate
Please use thumbnails instead of the original pic
* Please DO NOT significantly edit your posts i.e. add new pics, scripts, and or translations.
In order to prevent posts from being unfairly deleted, updates on newly arrived scripts/pictures/translations should be made in a new post. MH mods will then merge multiple posts from the same contributor when and if necessary.

* Up to three pages can be shown here as images. Anything over three pages must be linked externally.

* Please read THIS (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22172) for a better understanding of when the RAWs are expected to come out.

Breaking the rules mentioned above will result in:

* Warning for the first time.
* Being infracted immediately if repeats.

Hope for your cooperation.

Well a spoiler thread can be made synoptic.

Take these as examples of a synoptic spoiler posts: normal (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1108532&postcount=84) / pictures (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1048978&postcount=42).

All the codes may look confusing but it's a matter of learning but a fast learning andd once you get into it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

Before reading:
1. all * should be left out, all *** should be filled
2. alt + b adds the bold tags appear automatically

So how do we work?

Step 1:
[*fieldset= ***]Explanation: this will open a box,. *** can be filled according to what you post: spoiler script, spoiler pics, spoiler script and pics, spoiler translation,... depending on what you post

Step 2: [*B]Verification[/b]***

Explanation:
***= three main colours red (fake), orange (pending) and green (confirmed)
fill in the second *** with the status: fake, pending or confirmed according to your colour.
[COLOR=red]Advice: mark it pending if you don't know it ;)

Step 3: [*B]Source:[/b] ***

Explanation: *** = add the website, source where you found the spoiler. Don't you have one? Leave it or use ???

Step 4: [*B]Credits:[/b] ***

Explanation: *** = credit the person who posted it. Don't you know who it is? Leave it or use ???

Step 5: [/fieldset]

Explanation: this will close the box, you opened with the [fieldset = ***]

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

eefrit
February 28, 2011, 09:03 AM
Pretty cool chapter. The revelation was surprising but kind of disappointing in my opinion. I'm also disappointed in Zoledo's magic. Just a simple body switch magic with some repercussions. Also Cana's reason for wanting to be an S-Class mage better be good and sorrowful, because this pity party is getting on my nerves.

sarutobi_sensei
February 28, 2011, 09:05 AM
Again I say, it was an odd chapter, really fast paced but finally we understood more things :D

How did Lucy know that Loki had won? Did he communicate with her via telepathy?

Lol @ Gray being preoccupied with the exam when the entire island is in peril :|

Lol @ Zoldio as well who got defeated in 1 chapter :D I liked it.

So Capricorn was possessed, I liked it, would be lame if he was all about revenge for Layla abandoning him and such.

But how did Lucy get Aquarius and Cancer? Weren't they given by her mother? Imo the persons who got those spirits decided that they should be better with the daughter of their former master.

It was interesting to know that Aquarius belonged originally to Lucy's mom.

So it was all an "act" by Leo to attack using Regulus. Liked the cooperation between the 2.

So yeah, Natsu vs UrTear next?

bittman
February 28, 2011, 09:06 AM
Hmmm, a little disappointed to be honest. After the last chapter I expected a more intricite web of mystery revolving around Capricorn, but to be honest about 5-10 chapters ago I predicted he was a taken over spirit.

What's more, for one of the 7 kin he appeared to be the weakest. Sure, had an anti-human ability, but beyond that his power was mediocre.

So yeah, ok chapter but I wanted more mystery and was instead rewarded with everything completely tied up in one single chapter.

Please Fairy Tail, make some plot twists. Whenever you're ready to be smarter about your story, we'll be waiting here with baited breath. Not that I'm hating on Fairy Tail, it just remains a mediocre quality Shonen as opposed to an epic tale. It still stands well below Rave in my opinion, even though all the characters and abilities have the potential to make it greater.

sarutobi_sensei
February 28, 2011, 09:07 AM
Well yeah, that's why he said it was Taboo. But I wonder if the target's will is stronger than that of Zoldio could the target overcome it? I wanna see it being done on Natsu :D

Jorge D. Dragon
February 28, 2011, 09:11 AM
The chapter was actually rather interesting and it was great to see some cooperation between Leo and Caprico. Also it was interesting to see that the reason was rather simple - Caprico was just posesed.:) He wasn't eveil.:)
The thing I don't like is that Lucy just gets another key out of the blue. The thing is that she can defeat many persons now only because her spirits love her and can come to her rescue even if she doesn't have magic power.

saya1987
February 28, 2011, 09:11 AM
soo much for our assumptions on caprico's betrayal and our wild guesses. never would have guess that capricon was possessed. This chapter didn't clear our confusion at all....it just made everything more mysterious...like how lucy managed to obtain aquarius and cancer.

and whose hand did charle's predicted?

To think I was sooo excited about knowing lucy's past, seriously, all it stated about her mum was that she became increasingly fatigued and quit the mage world (at 16?!) what an anti-climax...

Faust Lim
February 28, 2011, 09:16 AM
I don't understand how this chapter is related to the chapter before. , no.1, what exactly is his ambition? there must be some reason he wanted to become a goat , no.2 Is the human subordination magic zoldeo's or caprico and is that a lost magic taught by hades? no.3 what happened to the humans subordinated? no.4, where exactly did he go to? he can't have just dissapeared right?
Actually i think the human subordination magic is zoldeo's and is a lost magic mage taught by hades, and he wanted to become a goat, to attain its powers, prevent caprico from returning to lucy and perhaps sustain him, remember he dissapeared after he was dispossed, i have a feeling the magic which lowers the power of humans is caprico magic and thus possibly complimenting zoldeo's magic.

ca12nag3
February 28, 2011, 09:19 AM
This kinda makes Aquarius a real bitch dont it? :D after all she was her mothers key. As far as Layla goes, i suspect 1 of 2 things.

That mage that possessed Caprico might have killed Layla?
Also Layla said to be fatigued by Caprico so its possible she was ill?

saya1987
February 28, 2011, 09:24 AM
What's more, for one of the 7 kin he appeared to be the weakest. Sure, had an anti-human ability, but beyond that his power was mediocre.

I wouldn't say Caprico is the weakest but I was expecting him to be far more powerful than what he is now. Secondly, Zoldio is such a useless character. He joined Hades for no particular reason, got angry over his stupid goat body when he could've hunted any celestial mage and exchange bodies with their fellow spirits.

I hope that's more than meets the eye for Hades to allow Zoldio to be part of the 7 kin. May be he's just making use of Zoldio to obtain all the celestial keys to unseal zeref etc....

Faust Lim
February 28, 2011, 09:24 AM
Well interesting chap for layla, why exactly did she become fatigued?, that was a couple of years before she gave birth to lucy and she was in her 20's and who were the owners of aquarius and cancer, i think that will be explored further. I don't think this chap was anti-climatic but rather raise questions about what exactly she had been doing b4 her death. Something interesting i noticed, at page 16, there is some sort of emblem with words at the back of both caprico and loki, the island definitely have some sort of civillization before and maybe the secret of the island is not about zeref or mavis vermillon but this secret civilization...Well, it seems that GH will be kicked of the island, the ft will then mourn what i believe to be mira's death and then perhaps continue the exam...can't wait for character development of cana

saya1987
February 28, 2011, 09:28 AM
LOL, if you have done some calculations, you'd realise that layla became fatigued AT 16! Celestial mages have an average of 2 keys. Layla had 3 keys which shows that she's more powerful than the average celestial mages. It also means that she collected 3 keys before she was 16 years old. This is like underage child labour. lol.

LucilleHime
February 28, 2011, 09:35 AM
well, like someone said earlier, i think human subordination is Zoldeo's magic. in the manga it said that human subordination only works on humans and it is taboo to cast it on beings other than humans. Zoldeo's ambition was to keep Caprico as his spirit. but when Lucy was born, Caprico was going to become her spirit. Zoldeo didn't want that to happen so he used human subordination on Caprico to keep Caprico as his subordinate. since it's taboo, Zoldeo probably lost his original body and took over Caprico's as a way of subordinating him.

Razh
February 28, 2011, 09:43 AM
I don't think Zoldeo knew that he was going to be stuck with Capricorn. He probably tried possessing him, then realized that he's stuck being a goat. Probably didn't meet any better spirits until now.

Well, a nice chapter finally. I like how it wasn't stretched and Lucy got a spirit without doing anything.

Anyway, what I'd like to see now is Fried and Bixlow, not Cana crying again. Although "Tear" title doesn't promise much.

Rowel
February 28, 2011, 09:44 AM
Pretty decent chapter. Even though I hoped Loki would be joining Elfman and the others, I quite liked the Zoldio concept, even though it was a bit of an ass pull. The only problem I have with Mashima is that he rushes his fights.

I would've liked to have seen a decent battle between Caprico and Zoldio/Loki before it was revealed Regulus was transferred, if only to show us Caprico's true magic. Oh well, at least we got dat Kana

exacta
February 28, 2011, 09:50 AM
Disappointed that it already ended.....I thought Zoldeo would be using Lokis body for a bit, but the he loses so suddenly. Pretty anticlimactic. Capricorn was a cool villain, I wanted to see him fight more. Lucy does get these spirits too easily......oh well, theres still plenty of other things too look forward too in this arc.

wooticus
February 28, 2011, 10:23 AM
wow, didn't think that this battle would turn out a bit like i thought it would. well of course not this human posession but the stuff about capricorn becoming lucys spirit.

he will be the key to the counterattack because with his knowledge about GH he knows about their plans and might be able to find their hideout / airship.

well now 2 of the 7 kin are probably taken out. erza might also win - the fat guy might not even fight.

so we got ultear left who will escape with hades and zeref.

and the other 2 kin.. would be perfectly fitted for gildatz and the 2 of the raijin tribe.

moreover we have to assume that lucy, grey and kana aren't really worn out yet. maybe they will fight hikaru kain.

well i don't know but actually it seems like fairy tail might actually take over the winning hand.. we got kana, greay and lucy with caprico now. we got natsu who is back in shape... and those council guys who seem to be alive. so i'm curious of what mashima decides about the outgoing. if he brings backup in form of gildartz + raijin FT will beat them.

swordsaintscoot
February 28, 2011, 10:38 AM
at this stage i wouldn't be surprised if the 7 kin are nothing more than pawns to hades.

they aren't his '7 children' they've been led to believe. they're as expendable as the rest of his henchmen and as long as his goal is achieved nothing else matters. it makes me question whether hades has a hidden ambition that the 7kin aren't aware of. perhaps somehow taking zerefs power as his own or something less cliche.

meepers4982
February 28, 2011, 10:53 AM
I am very happy with the way things turned out. I like how it is explained what happened to caprico and that he isnt a bad person, it sort of ended peacefully in a way...sort of. Love grays reaction at the end, haha so funny :P.

saya1987
February 28, 2011, 11:07 AM
I just realised that layla was rich before she met lucy's dad. When Layla made the pact with caprico 20 years ago, she has yet to meet lucy's dad but she wore a fancy dress and lived in quite a huge house.

isn't this suspicious?!

Ero-Sanji
February 28, 2011, 11:26 AM
well i don't know but actually it seems like fairy tail might actually take over the winning hand.. we got kana, greay and lucy with caprico now. we got natsu who is back in shape... and those council guys who seem to be alive. so i'm curious of what mashima decides about the outgoing. if he brings backup in form of gildartz + raijin FT will beat them.

I wouldn't be so optimistic. First of all, Mashima took those people off the island for a reason, and I guess it's because he wanted FT to lose.

As for the good side we have:

Natsu - For some odd reason his almost completely revived
Gray - Good to go
Cana - As well
Lucy - As well but slightly handicapped. Out of her 4 strongest spirits only one can fight at the moment and that's scorpio. The rest are resting or in lack of water(she does have Cana but I don't think Mashima would do it again). Taurus, Sagittarius, Cancer and Virgo are all, always more or less potrayed as cannon fodder.
Erza - Good to go
Lluvia - As well

On the bad side we have:

Hades - Not even fatigued
Rustyrose - As well
Azuma - Fatigued but still a great threat
Ultear - As well
Kain - Good to go
Meldy - As well

Now, in terms of numbers FT has the advantage but in terms of power they are in a really bad position. I mean there's still room for Grey to shine and who knows he might even be able to defeat Azuma even though I can't see that happening. Kain and Meldy both seem like the types that really surprises with power above our expectation but Kain also seem like the type that Lucy often fights and beat.n

1337 haxor
February 28, 2011, 11:31 AM
OMG! WTF! BBQ!

Hell of a chapter!

So the Grimmoire Heart member was actually some sort of parasite living inside Caprico and now we know from where Lucy got Aquarius and Cancer.

Caprico would have been handed to her but that Zoldio's gay bastard decided to take Caprico over for himself.

Lot's of explanations and incredible action sequences, nuff said EPIC!

Krono
February 28, 2011, 11:33 AM

Human subordination was Zoldeo's magic, not Caprico's. Hence the talk of breaking taboos and the side effects landing him in a goat's body. So Caprico himself isn't going to be as hax. I don't think that Zoldeo went to the darkness because of Caprico. Rather he fell to it seperately sometime after he got Caprico's key, then when Caprico wished to leave he tried to force him to stay because he was already evil.

Good question on what happened to his subordinates, as from what we saw, he had a bunch of warriors, as well as a large amount of Grimoire Heart fodder stored.

Personally I figure that we'll never see him again, and it'll be assumed that he just dissolved and is dead. The anime on the other hand will use your explanation to cover over him dying a horrible death, and may use him for filler.

LOL, if you have done some calculations, you'd realise that layla became fatigued AT 16! Celestial mages have an average of 2 keys. Layla had 3 keys which shows that she's more powerful than the average celestial mages. It also means that she collected 3 keys before she was 16 years old. This is like underage child labour. lol.

Interesting point about when Layla became fatigued. It explains why she met Lucy's father at a merchants guild instead of a mage guild. Though the age isn't all that surprising considering that we already know the various characters that arrived at Fairy Tail as orphans started work as mages when they arrived, and the drinking age in the Fairy Tail world is 15.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that Celestial mages have an average of two keys. Lucy started the series with six, Duke what's his ugly face had one, Karen had two, Angel had 4, and Layla had three. Other than Lucy those are just the keys we know of, if they had other non-combat silver keys we wouldn't have seen them.

Kuzumikun
February 28, 2011, 11:35 AM
good chapter:D
now that lucy got yet another strong spirit she needs to learn how to summon more than one spirit now (since angel was able to)
i still wonder what happend to layla really but i guess that answer won't be answered in this arc.
Zoldio is such a creeper XD but it was a good twist to caprico because i was wondering if he was going to join lucy.

kkck
February 28, 2011, 11:44 AM
Wonder what caprico's power really is though. Since human subordination was zoldio's and not caprico's power then he has to have some other ability. Lucy probably can't use leo for a while so most likely she'll end up relying on caprico soon enough. Wonder if zoldio was taught his magic by hades though. I guess that is the most likely scenario. I still don't quite get why zoldio disappeared though, whats up with that?

1337 haxor
February 28, 2011, 11:47 AM
Caprico's power is that to weaken the magic of humans, that is his prime ability.

Zoldeo's ability is that to subordinate humans to his bidding.

I like to recall it to what Evergreen said, invocation mages are usually weak in close combat despite possessing large amounts of resources to fight not by themselves.

Zoldeo's true form is a very weak person, he didn't had the power to submit all these strong humans by himself.

However, once he fused with him to force him under control, their combined entity became exceedingly powerful.

Caprico has a powerful body and the ability to weaken humans at will while Zoldio can capture them to do his bidding.

There we go, we have a mage who is physically strong and posses a cheated pokeball ability to weaken the enemy naturally before capturing it.

Now that Zoldeo is gone we have just Caprico who can weaken humans but not control them.

This is a good weapon for Lucy because it can make up for her lack of sheer magic power if she can downgrade the one from her enemy.

On a side note I can help but imagine the face of the other GH members once they discover Caprico has changed sides.

sarutobi_sensei
February 28, 2011, 12:05 PM
Imo for Hades it won't be a surprise. He probably knew of Caprico's and Layla's pact, thus knowing that something would happen if they ever met.

Imo Layla was a really good mage, having 3 of the Golden Keys plus other spirits (Crux and Horologium and another one I think). And her disappearance on the same day of the Dragon's isn't a coincidence as well.

So, unlike with Master Jose who kidnapped Lucy to get money, Hades could probably try to capture Lucy because of something that we don't know yet. Remember @ the beginning of the arc she narrated: "I didn't know that I would have such a part in all that" - Or something like that, meaning that we are being told a story from a "Grown-up Lucy" (she did say that she wouldn't be a mage forever, she wants to write and publish books :D)

saya1987
February 28, 2011, 12:10 PM
Interesting point about when Layla became fatigued. It explains why she met Lucy's father at a merchants guild instead of a mage guild. Though the age isn't all that surprising considering that we already know the various characters that arrived at Fairy Tail as orphans started work as mages when they arrived, and the drinking age in the Fairy Tail world is 15.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that Celestial mages have an average of two keys. Lucy started the series with six, Duke what's his ugly face had one, Karen had two, Angel had 4, and Layla had three. Other than Lucy those are just the keys we know of, if they had other non-combat silver keys we wouldn't have seen them.

I was refering to the gold keys only.
Karen had 2 and Angel had 2 ORIGINALLY until she defeated karen and gained Aries. Layla, on the other hand, had 3 without killing anyone (presumably). Thus, it's rather true that the average no. of GOLD keys that a mage has is 2 unless you go about killing people for their keys.

Note that when layla made her pact with caprico 20 years ago, she has yet to join Love and Lucky, she's well dressed and lived in a huge mansion. She's 16, rich, has 3 keys and this seems to be quite an interesting backstory.

possibilities of layla's background:
a) earned a lot of money from missions which also seems to suggest she's a powerful mage unless she worked her day and night to pay for her affluent lifestyle.
b) came from a rich family of mages ( which also hints that she is powerful)
c) the fact that she has 3 gold keys while mages on average have 2 further proves that she is a great mage.

awy, wouldn't it be anti-climax if in the end, layla turned out to be an ordinary celestial mage and died of a natural death?!

There just seems to be more than meets the eye.

-Ken-
February 28, 2011, 12:13 PM
Wow, great and interesting chapter. This is truly the most unpredictable arc so far. It's not simply good guy win, win, win. He actually spread the win around.

saya1987
February 28, 2011, 12:22 PM
Imo for Hades it won't be a surprise. He probably knew of Caprico's and Layla's pact, thus knowing that something would happen if they ever met.

Imo Layla was a really good mage, having 3 of the Golden Keys plus other spirits (Crux and Horologium and another one I think). And her disappearance on the same day of the Dragon's isn't a coincidence as well.

So, unlike with Master Jose who kidnapped Lucy to get money, Hades could probably try to capture Lucy because of something that we don't know yet. Remember @ the beginning of the arc she narrated: "I didn't know that I would have such a part in all that" - Or something like that, meaning that we are being told a story from a "Grown-up Lucy" (she did say that she wouldn't be a mage forever, she wants to write and publish books :D)

OMG, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. Zoldeo is too useless a character for Hades to make him one of his kin. Though Zoldeo's ability to possess people is useful, this didn't serve any purpose to Hades besides being a strong fighter. And, if Hades simply wants a stronger fighter, he could've taken in anyone...why a semi-goat person whose abilities weren't even made use of by him? There wasn't even one specific person that Hades want to possess....

Lol, for Hades to pull a disappearing act and then setting up a strong guild within a few decades, it shows he isn't a simple-minded person. Must give credit to his brains...surely, there's a use for every kin that he took in.

k-dom
February 28, 2011, 12:28 PM
Caprico's power is that to weaken the magic of humans, that is his prime ability.

Thanks indeed you are right, we have not seen how subordination magic works. But Mashima reall confused things, in particular i find it quite coincidential that capricio magic happens to be a forbidden one.

I also wonder how Lucy managed to recover all the golden key of her mother. It's not like Aquarius seems to have done it willingly...
That makes just 2 golden keys left, balance and pisces. That's quite astonishing when they are supposed to be the rarest type

Aikidoka
February 28, 2011, 12:52 PM
Interesting, but not as climactic as I expected it to be; after Lucy's mom being all mysterious for almost the entire series, what we learned about her in these two chapters was done mostly through exposition rather than some dramatic showdown-type deal.

On the other hand, liked Loke and Caprico supporting each other in this fight. Looking forward to when Lucy can finally do double spirits so we can see more tag-teaming from this duo.

EDIT: Also, is it just me or does Happy look unintentionally creepy in the cover page?

LoS
February 28, 2011, 01:06 PM
Wow what an awesomely disappointing chapter. Incredibly predictable and quite boring. Down goes a 7 kin due to some plot hole 20 years in the making. Lucy once again getting things served to her on a silver platter. Sigh, this arc is not turning out how I had hoped. The first few chapters since the GH reveal were great, but now it is once again turning back into the Shounen geared toward an extremely young audience it has always been.

kkck
February 28, 2011, 02:06 PM
I just noticed that there is something written in one of the walls behind caprico and leo. Wonder if it will have any relevance soon?

Krono
February 28, 2011, 02:41 PM

I like to recall it to what Evergreen said, invocation mages are usually weak in close combat despite possessing large amounts of resources to fight not by themselves.

Zoldeo's true form is a very weak person, he didn't had the power to submit all these strong humans by himself.

However, once he fused with him to force him under control, their combined entity became exceedingly powerful.

Caprico has a powerful body and the ability to weaken humans at will while Zoldio can capture them to do his bidding.

There we go, we have a mage who is physically strong and posses a cheated pokeball ability to weaken the enemy naturally before capturing it.

Now that Zoldeo is gone we have just Caprico who can weaken humans but not control them.

This is a good weapon for Lucy because it can make up for her lack of sheer magic power if she can downgrade the one from her enemy.

On a side note I can help but imagine the face of the other GH members once they discover Caprico has changed sides.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the weakening effect is Zoldeo's as well:

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96341015/10

Basically all the human subordination from weakening to summoning is/was Zoldeo's. I'd guess he started learning it from Hades not long after he got Capricorn. Otherwise it went as you describe, he weakens the enemy, uses Capricorn to defeat them, then captures them for future summoning.

Then when Capricorn wished to leave, meaning he'd lose his best combat power, he got angry and desperate, and tried to use his power on Capricorn in the heat of the moment. Which of course landed him in Capricorn's body as one of the limitations of his lost magic.

I was refering to the gold keys only.
Karen had 2 and Angel had 2 ORIGINALLY until she defeated karen and gained Aries. Layla, on the other hand, had 3 without killing anyone (presumably). Thus, it's rather true that the average no. of GOLD keys that a mage has is 2 unless you go about killing people for their keys.

Ah. I'd say that particular limitation is more due to scarcity of the gold keys than a mark of the user's power. Of the twelve that exist, other than the two keys that Lucy found, the other users known to have them account for 8 of the keys. A mage could have incredible power, but only have one due to being ethical, and only able to find one key not in use.

Note that when layla made her pact with caprico 20 years ago, she has yet to join Love and Lucky, she's well dressed and lived in a huge mansion. She's 16, rich, has 3 keys and this seems to be quite an interesting backstory.

possibilities of layla's background:
a) earned a lot of money from missions which also seems to suggest she's a powerful mage unless she worked her day and night to pay for her affluent lifestyle.
b) came from a rich family of mages ( which also hints that she is powerful)
c) the fact that she has 3 gold keys while mages on average have 2 further proves that she is a great mage.

awy, wouldn't it be anti-climax if in the end, layla turned out to be an ordinary celestial mage and died of a natural death?!

There just seems to be more than meets the eye.

Well, working day and night could explain become fatigued from working as a mage. Then again, going into commerce instead would make sense if her family already had some money.

Skyguardian
February 28, 2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks indeed you are right, we have not seen how subordination magic works. But Mashima reall confused things, in particular i find it quite coincidential that capricio magic happens to be a forbidden one.

I also wonder how Lucy managed to recover all the golden key of her mother. It's not like Aquarius seems to have done it willingly...
That makes just 2 golden keys left, balance and pisces. That's quite astonishing when they are supposed to be the rarest type

It's Libra but no offense. ;)

Liked the Chapter. Next week seems to be a chapter for Cana...
I'd really like to see the fight between Erza, Juvia and the GH Mage.

Mashiro_Luna
February 28, 2011, 03:41 PM
I was wondering if anyone else noticed how the Fairy Tail mages are gaining powers from the Seven Kin. Natsu got the Dragon God's flames (don't know if he'll keep that), Elfman got Rustrose's jet black sword and Lucy got Capricorn. Do you think this will keep happening and who do you think will get te other four powers? I think Gray will get some kind of power from Kain.

Nonlife
February 28, 2011, 03:46 PM
This chapter's pacing was pretty quick; I was expecting Capricorn to be a REAL rebel, the only constellation who doesn't want humans to "command" spirits. It turns out some guy just took over his body for his own personal gain. (Is it just me, or does anyone else think Rave Master was better?)

Gats
February 28, 2011, 04:02 PM
Lucy just confirmed the S-class first test conclusion : she is so damn lucky. That's just like a magic power in her case.

Razh
February 28, 2011, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't be so optimistic. First of all, Mashima took those people off the island for a reason, and I guess it's because he wanted FT to lose.

Gray - Good to go
Cana - As well
Lucy - As well but slightly handicapped. Out of her 4 strongest spirits only one can fight at the moment and that's scorpio. The rest are resting or in lack of water(she does have Cana but I don't think Mashima would do it again). Taurus, Sagittarius, Cancer and Virgo are all, always more or less potrayed as cannon fodder.
Erza - Good to go
Lluvia - As well

On the bad side we have:

Rustyrose - As well
Ultear - As well
Kain - Good to go
Meldy - As well

Now, in terms of numbers FT has the advantage but in terms of power they are in a really bad position. I mean there's still room for Grey to shine and who knows he might even be able to defeat Azuma even though I can't see that happening. Kain and Meldy both seem like the types that really surprises with power above our expectation but Kain also seem like the type that Lucy often fights and beat.n

I just noticed this. Fried and Bixlow are sad that you have forgotten them :(

As for others, Ever and Elfman seem to be pretty out of it, same as Mira. Lisana could still do something, theoretically, but I think she won't. Wendy is support, wouldn't count too much on cats.
For some reason, I see Gazille returning to the fray. I guess we'll see whether eating iron actually helps him heal enough to fight.

It feels like Hades would be able to beat all opposition on the island on his own. Just remember Council thingy. I wonder if Hades is strong enough to actually stop Etherion. If Council does decide to shoot that thing, someone would have to stop it, and among those on the island he's the only one who could even think of trying.
Then again, maybe he has connections in Council itself, like spies that would have sabotaged it. It looked like Azuma wasn't surprised about Council presence, so it's possible that Hades is well informed about it's actions. Just thinking out loud here.

But man, Fried better be spamming his runes and creating elaborate traps over parts of the island. If he doesn't do that I'll be disappointed.

kkck
February 28, 2011, 04:44 PM
I was wondering if anyone else noticed how the Fairy Tail mages are gaining powers from the Seven Kin. Natsu got the Dragon God's flames (don't know if he'll keep that), Elfman got Rustrose's jet black sword and Lucy got Capricorn. Do you think this will keep happening and who do you think will get te other four powers? I think Gray will get some kind of power from Kain.

Good point, didn't realize that until you mentioned it. I doubt natsu will keep the dragon god flames. That was something done by mixing his own flame with zancrows. He does not have a supply of god flames he requires so to speak. I think it is kinda like when natsu got the flames of rebuke. It did not provide a permanent boost. It would be interesting if natsu somehow does improve his flame though, as in learning something from the flame he took from zancrow. Elfman got the arm which is ok but I am not sure about how useful it would be without the rest of the body transforming. Not sure what kind of upgrade grey could get. The limitations of his magic are his own imagination, the shape he can give to his ice. I guess he could use an ice enhancement but that would be a bit strange.

azeria2011
February 28, 2011, 04:54 PM

Gray - Good to go
Cana - As well
Erza - Good to go
Lluvia - As well

On the bad side we have:

Rustyrose - As well
Ultear - As well
Kain - Good to go
Meldy - As well

When talking about Lucy's spirits you forgot Gemini who is also considered pretty powerful with the ability to copy everything about their opponent including memory, behavior, and magic.

Also the only reason Taurus, Sagittarius, Cancer, and Virgo(who doesn't seem like an offensive type spirit anyway) are seemingly portrayed as canon fodder is due to their natures and essentially what Lucy uses them for and Aries is more of a support type.

Ero-Sanji
February 28, 2011, 04:54 PM
I just noticed this. Fried and Bixlow are sad that you have forgotten them :(

As for others, Ever and Elfman seem to be pretty out of it, same as Mira. Lisana could still do something, theoretically, but I think she won't. Wendy is support, wouldn't count too much on cats.
For some reason, I see Gazille returning to the fray. I guess we'll see whether eating iron actually helps him heal enough to fight.

It feels like Hades would be able to beat all opposition on the island on his own. Just remember Council thingy. I wonder if Hades is strong enough to actually stop Etherion. If Council does decide to shoot that thing, someone would have to stop it, and among those on the island he's the only one who could even think of trying.
Then again, maybe he has connections in Council itself, like spies that would have sabotaged it. It looked like Azuma wasn't surprised about Council presence, so it's possible that Hades is well informed about it's actions. Just thinking out loud here.

But man, Fried better be spamming his runes and creating elaborate traps over parts of the island. If he doesn't do that I'll be disappointed.

The reason why I didn't include Fried and Bixlow is because I don't think they'll return. Mashima did a dirty job removing them from the island, so, reintroducing them seems unlikely, but who knows?

Evergreen, Elfman and Mira are all down for the counting while Lisanna and Gazille are too heavily damaged and traumatized, to continue. Gazille might come back later on but I seriously doubt that, at the moment. Wendy and the cats are protecting Makarov at the moment and they are all pretty tired to keep on.

I want to see Meldy vs Erza and Lluvia now. Regarding the fact that we haven't seen it yet and next week we're going back to Ultear it wouldn't surprise me they were beaten off screen. Which would suck. Erza is the strongest left in the good side, if she falls then I'm pretty sure it's a loss for FT.

When talking about Lucy's spirits you forgot Gemini who is also considered pretty powerful with the ability to copy everything about their opponent including memory, behavior, and magic.

Also the only reason Taurus, Sagittarius, Cancer, and Virgo(who doesn't seem like an offensive type spirit anyway) are seemingly portrayed as canon fodder is due to their natures and essentially what Lucy uses them for and Aries is more of a support type.

Damn, I forgot about Gemini and that sign is just overpowered. If it were to copy Hades then it would be stronger than Makarov, theoretically. About the rest, I know and I agree but it kind of sucks that they aren't useful. Taurus which is supposed to be the strongest in terms of physical powers does nothing special and always gets knocked out.

Mashiro_Luna
February 28, 2011, 05:52 PM
Good point, didn't realize that until you mentioned it. I doubt natsu will keep the dragon god flames. That was something done by mixing his own flame with zancrows. He does not have a supply of god flames he requires so to speak. I think it is kinda like when natsu got the flames of rebuke. It did not provide a permanent boost. It would be interesting if natsu somehow does improve his flame though, as in learning something from the flame he took from zancrow. Elfman got the arm which is ok but I am not sure about how useful it would be without the rest of the body transforming. Not sure what kind of upgrade grey could get. The limitations of his magic are his own imagination, the shape he can give to his ice. I guess he could use an ice enhancement but that would be a bit strange.

Yeah Natsu will most likely not keep the Dragon God flames but Mashima might keep them to make Natsu more power in future arcs. The Jet Black Sword arm seemed to be pretty powerful so it might be more useful then his other take overs, maybe he will also get the Golden Shield. I'm also not sure how Gray's magic could be upgraded but I think he needs one to keep up with Natsu.

LoS
February 28, 2011, 06:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone else noticed how the Fairy Tail mages are gaining powers from the Seven Kin. I think Gray will get some kind of power from Kain.

It is interesting, but as others have noted the additions might not be permanent or might not be huge upgrades. It is only natural that when you are facing a stronger opponent than yourself that you are pushed to get stronger. Also, why did you chose Gray and Kain, seems completely random?

It feels like Hades would be able to beat all opposition on the island on his own. Just remember Council thingy. I wonder if Hades is strong enough to actually stop Etherion.

He wont have to, when Etherion is fired the spirit of Mavis will rise and protect those on the island.

I hope that's more than meets the eye for Hades to allow Zoldio to be part of the 7 kin. May be he's just making use of Zoldio

You think! Hades obviously is using these 7 Kin, he needs their help to obtain his ultimate goal. He probably cares very little for them, he might care about one or two but I seriously doubt he gives 2 shits about them all.

well now 2 of the 7 kin are probably taken out. erza might also win - the fat guy might not even fight.

so we got ultear left who will escape with hades and zeref.

and the other 2 kin.. would be perfectly fitted for gildatz and the 2 of the raijin tribe.

Erza will probably win over Meldy with her heart, Meldy will become a good person.

Kain might not fight indeed.

Ultear will run into Nastsu

I don't really want Fried, Bixlow, and Gildartz to return since Mashima spent time having them depart. But if they do return Fried and Bixlow will face Rusty Rose to avenge their team mate. Gildartz would go against Azuma to avenge Mira, and Luxus would try his hand against Hades to avenge Makarov. Now, I don't think the above will or even should happen, since it isn't very good story telling, but I wont mind seeing all those high level action sequences.

at this stage i wouldn't be surprised if the 7 kin are nothing more than pawns to hades.

they aren't his '7 children' they've been led to believe. they're as expendable as the rest of his henchmen and as long as his goal is achieved nothing else matters. it makes me question whether hades has a hidden ambition that the 7kin aren't aware of. perhaps somehow taking zerefs power as his own or something less cliche.

Obvious. He might care for one of them, but for the majority he is using them and their power for his own goal. He definitely has some ulterior motive, hence why Caprico didn't know his goals.

I really hope Cana's reason for moping around and being dumb is much better than this fight with Zoldeo. How on earth was this past chapter showing ambition? Well don't worry about that, I just hope this long set up for Cana isn't nearly as disappointing.

White Silver King
February 28, 2011, 06:13 PM
So the next chapter is called Tears. I have a theory. It might relate to Meldy's powers, I've been thinking her ability might be to control people's emotions (it makes sense with how much her varying personality traits are shown when she has any). It would also explain why she is the only one who was given more than 1 person for her big fight (Caprico against Grey/Kana/Lucy/Loke doesn't really count since it wasn't the fight) and why she was given two of the strongest mages in FT (together they could probably take on Luxus). She will probably make Lluvia and Erza fight each other.

But that's happened to Lluvia already but it could go either way where it's a recurring joke with Lluvia or I might just be totally off base.

Mashiro_Luna
February 28, 2011, 06:25 PM
It is interesting, but as others have noted the additions might not be permanent or might not be huge upgrades. It is only natural that when you are facing a stronger opponent than yourself that you are pushed to get stronger. Also, why did you chose Gray and Kain, seems completely random?

You're right they may not be permenant but like most of the things posted in this it is just a theory. I chose Kain for Gray because we haven't seen his power yet and it might be something that could improve him but it was just a random pick pretty much. He might gain something from Rustyrose instead since thei powers are similar. Out of the three remaining kin (those who haven't given an upgrade) I'm not sure who will get the upgrades.

kkck
February 28, 2011, 07:16 PM
So the next chapter is called Tears. I have a theory. It might relate to Meldy's powers, I've been thinking her ability might be to control people's emotions (it makes sense with how much her varying personality traits are shown when she has any). It would also explain why she is the only one who was given more than 1 person for her big fight (Caprico against Grey/Kana/Lucy/Loke doesn't really count since it wasn't the fight) and why she was given two of the strongest mages in FT (together they could probably take on Luxus). She will probably make Lluvia and Erza fight each other.

But that's happened to Lluvia already but it could go either way where it's a recurring joke with Lluvia or I might just be totally off base.
Not sure it would be about meldy. When I saw the tear thing the first thing that came to my mind was urtear. I don't think we will see meldy just yet lol.

Razh
February 28, 2011, 08:14 PM
The reason why I didn't include Fried and Bixlow is because I don't think they'll return. Mashima did a dirty job removing them from the island, so, reintroducing them seems unlikely, but who knows?

No, no, my bad. For some reason I was sure that they stayed behind to see how it ends. Not sure why :blink

It's a shame though. I guess having Fried running around and creating traps for GH would be a huge advantage for FT.

As for your last sentence, I still hold some hope that Erza's signal could be seen even from some distance from Tenrou.
[hr]

Not sure it would be about meldy. When I saw the tear thing the first thing that came to my mind was urtear. I don't think we will see meldy just yet lol.

First thing that came to my mind was Cana beeing Emo again. Seeing how the chapter ended and all.

Oh yeah, is it sure that it's "tear" as in crying or could it be "tear" as in crack or fissure? Wasn't paying that much attention to spoilers and translations, but if that were the case, there are better words for it than "tear", which don't cause confusion.
[hr]

(Is it just me, or does anyone else think Rave Master was better?)

At times, yes. It wasn't perfect though. Plus it's hard to compare when Fairy Tail isn't over yet.

Nonlife
February 28, 2011, 09:08 PM
Worst chapter this arc...

Well, the battle was settle quicker than you can say "Lame!"; and the guy who possessed Capricorn wasn't that impressive. (So far, the only members who're intimidating are Hades, Ultear, and that one guy who deals with explosions.)

*Is Cana's secret really that BIG a deal now?

Sevenheadedmirror
February 28, 2011, 09:34 PM
This grimmoire heart are as mighty as the espada in bleach... Am I supposed to actually believe this guys are dangerous when they fall like dominos and have only damaged a weakened character?. They literaly pose no resistance to the other character's asspulls. It's like we are supposed to recognize some sort of logic in the events of Caprico and fake nothing happened... how poorer can the writting become?.

exacta
February 28, 2011, 09:54 PM
This grimmoire heart are as mighty as the espada in bleach... Am I supposed to actually believe this guys are dangerous when they fall like dominos and have only damaged a weakened character?. They literaly pose no resistance to the other character's asspulls. It's like we are supposed to recognize some sort of logic in the events of Caprico and fake nothing happened... how poorer can the writting become?.

Well, Capricorn was the strong one, Zoldeo was just controlling him, and since Capricorn got control back and pwned Zoldeo, it almost doesn't feel like a loss for GH lol. But Grimmoire Heart is pretty impressive so far I think. Zancrow lost which was kind of BS, but Azuma has defeated 5 FT members, and Rustyrose was ALOT tougher than I thought he would be. His ability is pretty awesome actually. We've got Rustyrose, Azuma and Urtear left, they're definitely strong, and I've got confidence in Kain Hikaru and Meredy(Melody?) And Hades is a BEAST.

I liked the whole concept of a Stellar Spirit summoning humans in battle.....last chapter had such an interesting cliffhanger, made me think the whole Capricorn/Lucy/Loki thing would continue for a while, but then he kills the whole thing in one chapter.:blink

At least it doesnt ruin this arc lol, unlike what he did with the ending of the Star Festival....now that was lame.

1337 haxor
February 28, 2011, 10:08 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the weakening effect is Zoldeo's as well:

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/96341015/10

Basically all the human subordination from weakening to summoning is/was Zoldeo's. I'd guess he started learning it from Hades not long after he got Capricorn. Otherwise it went as you describe, he weakens the enemy, uses Capricorn to defeat them, then captures them for future summoning.

Nope, the human subordination (weakening magic) could not have been Zoldio's because at the time Leo spoke of it he didn't know Caprico was possessed.

Leo could only have known so far what happened to Caprico up until the moment he dissapeared from the spiritual world so assuming he knows his fellow Stellar Spirit from old then he is talking especifically about Capricorn.

One could say he knew beforehand of Zoldeo but that would conflict with the fact he wasn't aware the latter could summon humans.

As for Layla there was a criptical line from Caprico stating "Layla became fatigated and retired from her mage work".

This seems to indicate that Layla's magic power began to weaken due to unknown reasons and she realized her spirits could not stay with her.

If you take it deeper it could mean that Layla was being drained by something and she knew by far that would eventually lead to her death.

My hint at the moment would be that the Heartphilia family has something to do with Zeref's sealing given the enormous connection they have with keys.

It could be that a powerful ancestor of Lucy had a major role in sealing Zeref and creating the keys that Hades now posses.

If Zeref's seal began to weaken in the last fifty year due to actions from Hades and other big sons of bitches Layla began pumping her magic and soul to keep it stable.

When she and the dragons realized the darkness from Zeref would be inevitably released they performed some sort of ritual that pushed it back but costed Layla's life and forced the dragons to abandon human affairs.

Hence Igneel told Grandine it was all left upon Zeref and the Dragon Slayers, they had done all they could to stop the mess and now only their choosen children could end what they began.

Lectro Volpi
February 28, 2011, 10:43 PM
I am a bit confused.

Was there any mention or record that a stellar spirit can pass his powers to another? I thought Regulus was for offense and now can be stored? Do we have a record about such thing?

Zoldio was lame but we still have 5.

MechR
February 28, 2011, 11:18 PM
Nope, the human subordination (weakening magic) could not have been Zoldio's because at the time Leo spoke of it he didn't know Caprico was possessed.

Leo could only have known so far what happened to Caprico up until the moment he dissapeared from the spiritual world so assuming he knows his fellow Stellar Spirit from old then he is talking especifically about Capricorn.

One could say he knew beforehand of Zoldeo but that would conflict with the fact he wasn't aware the latter could summon humans.No, the magic is definitely Zoldio's. Otherwise, he could not have melded with Capricorn in the first place. Leo only knew about the magic's human-weakening power, and was surprised by the human-Pokemon and fusion powers. He may have simply recognized the weakening effect from past encounters, while serving a prior master in ancient times.

LoS
February 28, 2011, 11:43 PM
I don't know why so many people keep arguing and bickering about Zoldio's powers or not. The guy is gone, Mashima got rid of him quickly and didn't develop him at all, one of the 7 Kin amounted to nothing and now Mashima is trying to even out the odds (If they were Caprico's powers you will find out very soon and have your answer). There was no real ambition, no real struggle, everything turned out peachy for the good guys. This chapter single handedly ruined a bunch this arc. Mashima needs to quit building up the FT side and getting rid of GH members without good cause. If he keeps doing what happened this chapter then he might as well just skip to the end and not really give us an acceptable resolution, because that is just what this chapter was.

kkck
March 01, 2011, 12:34 AM
Anyways, its not like caprico did not hand grey, cana and lucy their asses in a silver plate, azuma did not defeat mest, wendy, lily, lisana and mira and rustyrose did not destroy evergreen and elfman. Grimmoire heart at the very least will not win in the end (they sure as hell won't fulfill their goal of destroying fairy tail).

Sevenheadedmirror
March 01, 2011, 12:51 AM
The problem with mashima is the absolute lack of explanation. HOW DOES HITTING SOMEONE IN THE CHEST FREES THEM FROM POSSESSION?. I believe I may have considered the fight to be clever if it had been stated before that magic could be properly transferred between spirits, or if any particularity of the ruler's magic had been named before its problems were solved. That way the author lets us play with what we supposedly know, let's us be part of the story. What Mashima did in this chapter was so rushed and, frankly, so incomprehensible:

The goat seems to have a grudge against Lucy's mom, Leo understands this, just that it really isn't the goat, it's another guy who says he can take over Leo's body, Leo attacks clumsily, the guy possesses him, then the goat punches Leo in the stomach, somehow rescuing him, it apologizes despite having saved Leo, showing it is apologetic (that will be our only attempt of character growth and introduction) it's pointed out that it's amazing that Caprico moved and it turns out that was why the clumsy attack was for: giving Caprico powers, so it could move and rescue Leo, the back story of the guy who died is babbled (not explained or actually told) END. May be it could have made sense: Caprico's skill could be moving souls but we didn't knew it, so there's no way we could get exited about it. Every trouble the characters seem to face HAD ALREADY BEEN SOLVED WHEN THEY WERE STATED AS SUCH. So, in short, there's no reason for us to be amazed, or comprehend, their plan.

Other Doubts:
Why isn't nor Loki nor Caprico harmed? I mean even Caprico seemed to need an explanation on why he was able to move but which was Loki's? or why wasn't Caprico hurt, it was astonishing for him to move after all; impossible to move but no scratches?.

White Silver King
March 01, 2011, 12:53 AM
Was there any mention or record that a stellar spirit can pass his powers to another? I thought Regulus was for offense and now can be stored? Do we have a record about such thing?
No, but absorbing someone else's power in order to boost your own without any indication of previously having the ability to do so seems to be the popular thing to do lately...:-_-

I think people have to face the reality that bad guys just lose in manga. If yagami light from death note can get killed being the main characters in his own manga then seriously the espada, akatsuki and grimmoire heart never really had a chance...
-_-; No shit.... But there is a certain skill a writer must have in order to employ that plot point successfully, there has to be an actual wide-spread loss somewhere to provide the characters with room to grow. Mashima has demonstrated he lacks those specific skills as a writer and has proven so repeatedly.

LoS
March 01, 2011, 02:08 AM
The problem with this arc will be that a good person from Fairy Tail will die which in Mashima's mind will excuse the fact that he has Fairy Tail winning a bunch of these fights without good cause. That and Hades will make off with Zeref, so failing to destroy Fairy Tail isn't a big loss. None of this is a good excuse to have asspulls in order to have the good people win. Have them lose, heck have them get curb stomped and utterly defeated, and then they will be able to grow.

I will be fed up if the excuse is they lost a character so that makes everything else in the arc justified, and now everyone will grow up and become megaz stronger.

Zeltrax
March 01, 2011, 03:41 AM
This chapter made me lose interest in the entire arc
and I'm considering whether to drop Fairy Tail.
I have to say this even if people is going to hate me for it but..
Mashima can't think up of a good backstory for layla or capricorn, so he came up with something as terrible as this chapter.
Or maybe he doesn't dare to.
He pretty much squeezed a fight and lucy's mother flashback into one single chapter.
Capricorn is a wasted character, he have so much potential as a villain.

Stop overpowering lucy already.

What a loss,..a huge loss.

Ero-Sanji
March 01, 2011, 03:53 AM
The problem with mashima is the absolute lack of explanation. HOW DOES HITTING SOMEONE IN THE CHEST FREES THEM FROM POSSESSION?. I believe I may have considered the fight to be clever if it had been stated before that magic could be properly transferred between spirits, or if any particularity of the ruler's magic had been named before its problems were solved. That way the author lets us play with what we supposedly know, let's us be part of the story. What Mashima did in this chapter was so rushed and, frankly, so incomprehensible:

Have you ever thought that Zoldio escaped out of fear of dying? Or that the supposed death of the host in terms leads to the escape of the possessor? This isn't unusual to FT or to any other battle manga in shounen. You'll just have to get used to it, I'm still mad at the fact that Natsu won and that he's still up and good to go.

Mashima is always in a rush, that's his thing. FT has 224 chapters but if you look back there is a bunch of arcs and mini-arcs, it's really terrifying how he managed to squeeze everything in there and still manage to make a great story. I mean just the fact that Lucy has 10 out of 12 golden keys says a lot about the pace.

Anyway, I still have great faith in Mashima and in the end I'm sure the arc will play out well. I'm still waiting to see Natsu getting beaten, bad!

LoS
March 01, 2011, 03:54 AM
Zeltrax

Although, I have said everything you have earlier in the thread, and completely agree, I think we all need to hold off until the conclusion of the arc. Because, as we have seen this arc Mashima is acting kind of bipolar. One chapter is what should be happening, and another is something unacceptable. We should hold off our judgment till the end.

Zeltrax
March 01, 2011, 04:21 AM
Although, I have said everything you have earlier in the thread, and completely agree, I think we all need to hold off until the conclusion of the arc. Because, as we have seen this arc Mashima is acting kind of bipolar. One chapter is what should be happening, and another is something unacceptable. We should hold off our judgment till the end.

I agree and although I still have alot to complain and lament about, I'll just take it slow and read fairy tail the way I read Bleach, without any high expectations. Last chapter had me in high anticipation of this week, only to disappoint. The same goes with the zancrow and natsu fight and with hades and makarov.
Not sure why he is acting bipolar, maybe he's trying to even things out and at the near end of this arc, the surviving members of each guild will battle it each other or something but it is just a prediction.
I'll hold off my judgement of this arc but my judgement on this chapter remains the same; it is terrible.

elitefox
March 01, 2011, 04:26 AM
It's quite cute that they are still worrying about the class S exam when they are under siege by one of the most "reputed" dark guild... cannot say powerful since if all 3 dark guild have same power then natsu kept defeating the leader then they are only at the level of natsu XD

tobeulp
March 01, 2011, 08:21 AM
Grimoire Heart well I can manage Zancrow being defeated but with Zoldio being defeated in the way Mashima did is Pure BS but I still hope Mashima will do justice in the upcoming chapters...
This arc is the make or break for Mashima if he could be one of the best or just another great Mangaka.