PDA

View Full Version : I used to play MMORPG...

Mama Satsuki
February 15, 2011, 02:29 PM
Hullo everyone! I am not exactly new to MH, since I've been checking here for discussion/prediction stuff from FullMetal Alchemist back then, but this is my first time making an account xD

The name is Patrícia, and I am a 21 years old Itachi fangirl :hurr

:tanuki
I was born and live in Brazil, where the beaches have dark muddy water, and people do not walk around naked -_-;

My all time favourite anime is Card Captor Sakura, mostly because it was my first. The one manga I consider almost flawless is Full Metal Alchemist; Arakawa did wrong in NOT pairing up the Royai couple :yelling

I live with mommy, daddy, older sister and younger brother. And cat. That's pretty much everyone.

I am at university studying to be a Nurse (lady nurse), from 8am to 6pm. Don't know out there, but here in Brazil it is actually university stuff. I study at the best University in Latin America, USP (University of Sao Paulo), which is public (yay!), so daddy only pays up for food. And transport.

EIGHT hours a DAY to go there and come back.

I like animals, cats and birds at my top 10.
I love chocolate. It's a PMSing girl's best friend.
:goomba
I'm a gamer girl :yoshi giving priority to casual games, but play anything that has either a good plot, pretty graphics, or handsome-bishie looking guys.
MMORPG ruined my life back in 2007. But I still love it :wub

Kaiten
February 16, 2011, 02:30 AM
Hi Mama Satsuki!! FMA is the greatest manga ever, you have great taste! Other than Card Captor and FMA, what mangas do you read?

Channy
February 16, 2011, 02:34 AM
Whats up Mama Satsuki

Are you an OP fan
Favorite Band
Favorite Book[non Manga]
Favorite Movie
Favorite Beer
Favorite Liquor
Would you like to join the Fun Forum

Again welcome hope to see you in future threads

shaheer
February 16, 2011, 03:06 AM
hullo there nice to meet you

steelwingcrash1
February 16, 2011, 08:10 AM
Hey there! You're an active member of the General Discussions area. I like you for that.

By the way, you played Ragnarok Online, right? Is it all right if we talk about that game here in your thread?

What were your jobs back then? Mine were High Priest, Alchemist, and Assassin Cross.

Too bad I am no longer playing because of my work.

Mama Satsuki
February 16, 2011, 10:42 AM
Well, I am currently reading Chrono Crusade. I watched the anime and loved it, so I am buying the mangas (which means, I will take forever to read it). Other than that, I came back to read Negima after giving up this series (it got better now!), Pokémon Adventures manga, Naruto (just to see how it ends, not a big fan as of Shippuden), Sankarea! It's funny, really. Currently reading, that's probably all. I have others finished that I loved/liked, such as Fruits Basket, Chobits, Shaman King (never ended...), Death Note, Blade of Immortal (after the big hiatus, I forgot to keep reading), Ragnarok Manwa (my sister bought all those x_x)... there are many more... Glad you didn't ask anime, else I wouldn't have space here.

@Channy: Not really an OP fan, sorry! I used to watch it with my cousin, but we quarreled so much about... stuff, that I ended up giving up the series. Might give it another chance, thougth, worked with Negima.

Band: Vocaloid counts? Not really into bands, I like individual songs of everyone out there. At least one per singer.

Book: ooh, hard one. I LOVE mythology, so Odyssey (by Homer) is great, just depends on the publisher. But book book, the one I can read all the time without finding annoying is Pride and Prejudice. I just skip to the funny parts, it's comedy to me, not romance. I liked the Harry Potter series, but found the second-last book really boring :s Deathly Hollows made up for it. I detest Twilight :-_- almost poked my eyes out at the first page, sorry. Handbooks I have, other than mythology, are usually Aesop Fables. (had to look up the name, in portuguese we call him Esopo xD) Other than that, most are Portuguese literature, so I don't know if you'd be interested in titles

Movie: Mononoke Hime and Sen to Chihiro. Saw Chihiro first, and now I am a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki. Oh, and Disney's The Fox and the Hound, I always cry at the part where the old lady takes the fox to the forest...

Beer: don't drink, sorry!
Liquor: only inside chocolate xD

I'm checking the forums still, so much happening everywhere...

@shaheer: nice to meet ya too!

@ateelwingcrash1: I like being liked, thanks!
I played Ragnarok only since 2006 until... 2009. I stopped in 2009 to study, and didn't manage to go back to it... yet.

My jobs included, first and foremost, a Creator. Great way to cash in some money, loot armour and other junk (I collected jellopy :hurr). I had an Assassin Cross just for vengeance kill things my Creator couldn't kill with Acid Demonstration, such as ghosts and the like. High Priest only for when there were too few on WoEs :p My first character was a Wizard with 15 on strength. I didn't know she wouldn't need it :p

I don't mind talking about Ragnarok here (or other MMOs actually. FlyForFun was boring, thougth. Took forever to level up to lvl5...)

Kaiten
February 16, 2011, 05:24 PM
lol. I've been the laziest anime fan, I'm not watching any at the moment so I forgot to ask :x

Chrno Crusade has been on my reading list forever and I keep putting it off. Everyone I know who's read it loves it, when I finally read it I'll probably be disappointed I didn't sooner. Right now I'm reading another I've been putting off for years, Piano no Mori (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=926). So far a lovely series. I'm reading Sankarea too. Whenever chapter 15 is scanlated come discuss! (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67614)

Mama Satsuki
February 16, 2011, 05:31 PM
I usually like whatever it is I did first. If I watched anime first, then the manga usually is crap for me. If it was the manga first, the anime is much like a movie of the book, pure dung.

But I actually got to compare the first few volumes of Chrono Crusade with the first few episodes, and the manga seems superior.

If I loved the anime and the manga is doing better... I'm in for something good :D

Sankarea is great! I was actually about to go to bed (10pm) when I started reading, and had to skip my sleep time until 6am to finish reading. Got to love undead girlfriends...

Kaiten
February 16, 2011, 05:40 PM
I always end up getting impatient and reading the manga first, if I know the anime is coming. I was an anime fan first so there are a few like Inuyasha, FMA, and Akira that I watched before I read. But I usually end up comparing the anime to the manga. There are a few series I think work better as anime: Natsume's Book of Friends comes to mind. As long as the anime doesn't feel like a recap of the manga, I feel like it's worthy.

I love Sanka! She's the most adorable zombie girlfriend ever. Wanko is my favorite character though, she's so funny!

Channy
February 16, 2011, 06:25 PM
Whos your favorite Homunculus in FMA
Whos your Favorite State Alchemist

igotthegoods
February 16, 2011, 09:32 PM
Hi Mama Satsuki! :bye

It's too bad you didn't join in the FMA convos while it was still running! (Great taste there, btw :amuse) But I understand. I think almost everyone lurks for a good amount of time before making an account. I did the same thing. :XD

So, you're a big fan of Royai? It was so disappointing not to see them 'officially' get together. :darn What other pairings do you like (from any series)? Who are your favorite bishies? :luv

thornofcarrion
February 17, 2011, 04:11 AM
Hello,

We have few similarities:

FMA
Animals
Games

What kind of birds you like?

Mama Satsuki
February 17, 2011, 05:37 AM
@Kaiten: I wait forever to start seeing a series. So, unless it's pretty long (Naruto, Negima), I usually get to see it after it's ending. I was lucky FMA was released slowly, or I'd have seen at it's end too.
Sankarea was a lucky shot, some wiki surfing at TvTropes led me to Sankarea. I like Mero, Furuya's little sister. She remembers me a little of Anju-chan, in the Karin manga. Without the creep factor, or the scary doll, but cute either way. I think I like little sisters -_-; (hope not to turn into some kind of Kirino)

@Channy:
Homunculus: Greed!Ling!! Didn't care much about Greed before Ling. I also love Pride, he's so cute <3
State Alchemist: Roy Mustang, no questions there. I only went to read FMA manga because the movie let me with a Royai taste on the mouth, and I needed moar...
You didn't ask, but I also like Olivier Armstrong. She's not a state alchemist, so... xD

@igotthegoods: wish I was there... I mean, I would have worked well on the predictions department. Only thing I got wrong on the last chapters was the Royai couple :yelling
Royai got me back on FMA, that's for sure. I watched the anime YEARS ago, and the movie I got to see only in 2008, while I was studying (or supposed to study) to get into university. Then I was like: cute couple!, and since the anime didn't give much on that I resorted to the manga. Loved it. It was disappointing to see EVERYONE hooked up (ok, not everyone...), minus them. They had the best interaction so far in the series! Why, Arakawa, WHY? :shakefist

Pairing: I love pairing anything that moves. It started back in CCSakura when I paired Eriol and Tomoyo (I'm weird like that). Most couples I like are either canon or complete crack. And I rarely pair yaoi or yuri; when I do, it's usually canon.
FMA: Royai, Ed Winry, Al May, Ling LanFan are my top fave list.
Zelda(games!): Zelda and Link. Aaand that's all. I just think they should get together already. Oh, and Nayru (the oracle, not the goddess) and Ralph. Childhood friends, that always work.
Inuyasha: get everything that is canon. And Sesshoumaru could go with anyone, it woul work.
Naruto: when I started, I used to pair Shikamaru and Ino. I like Ino, and their interactions were funny - bossy girl and lazy guy. But then, Temari came to talk to him a lot... *sigh*. I like Naruto and Hinata a lot, and am pissed off that Kishimoto won't decide his pairings already. Neji Tenten is funny in my head, so I pair them up! Kiba Hinata, in case Naruhina sinks. I want Sasuke dead, so I don't care about who he likes.
Bleach: not many pairings for me, hehe! Aside from Momo and Hitsugaya, don't know who goes where. I really don't know what to do with Rukia, and Orihime isn't a favourite character, so I don't care much about her... I pair drinking buddies (Yoruichi Urahara), does that count? Didn't consider Bleach past episode 63, so it all could change. It is a loved series until ep63, and a hated series afterwards :p
Negima: too many characters, and too few guys. Only Natsumi and Kotarou works for me, but I'm cheering Nodoka on the Negi race. Evangeline needs no one!
Fruits Basked: I paired Yuki with Tohru before Machi made an appearance! Sorry!! But I LOVE Yuki and Machi together, more than Tohru Kyo (I... don't like this one that much). Hiro and Kisa is adorable in oh so many levels...

If I took every series I've watched so far, this list wouldn't have ended, so ask again about specific series if you want xD

Oh yeah, bishies: Sesshoumaru (Inuyasha), Kagehisa Anotsu (Blade of Immortal), Killua (ok, a shouta. HunterxHunter), Kurama (YuYuHakusho). There's more, but I need to go clean the house :-_- brb

steelwingcrash1
February 17, 2011, 08:35 AM
Hi Mama Satsuki.

I'm sorry, I wasn't an Alchemist. I, too, was a creator. But you know, I never really liked the melee professions because I feel stupid when I'm controlling them. For instance, my assassin cross is of the highest level but I always died using it because I don't how to use it. My character is totally humiliated because of me.

Rather, I prefer the long-ranged and support classes like HP, Biochemists, and High Wizards.

How about you? What do you prefer most: melee, long-range, or support classes?
What was the build-up of your creator? Int 99 - Dex 80 - Vit 75?
Have you tried playing the 3rd jobs now?

benelori
February 17, 2011, 09:10 AM
Hi there Mama Satsuki...I play RPG! But I don't really like MMO's because they seem to have no purpose, story etc...but that's why I'm looking forward to SW: The Old Republic...what other games do you like?

Mama Satsuki
February 17, 2011, 10:37 AM
My character is totally humiliated because of me.

Owned! :clap My Sinx had the sole purpose of killing anything that killed my Creator. Since Acid Demonstration had higher destruction power the more Vit the enemy had, if I couldn't kill it with the Creator, it was like cutting butter with a hot knife with my Sinx. If my Creator couldn't damage much, that meant they had low Vit, which means, low HP. Ahh, sweet sweet vengeance victory...

I prefer long-range (I think it was HighWizard? AcidDemonstration Creator), but my Creator served more of a support role. I usually would heal people (once killed my guild's leader because he put an armour that made him Undead :derp), use Full Protection on everyone... and fire. I would keep using Demonstration near the doors on WoEs just to break the enemies weapons. I got yelled a lot, but it was nice to see Assasin Crosses trying to break the Emperium with their bare hands and not noticing :smugbunny the bummer was when a party member would forget to get the Chemical Protection, and I was to blame.

My Creator had High Int and Dex, but I didn't put many points in Vit. I actually wasted some in Str, so I could hold more crap equipments. Err, don't know the name, but you know that little bar where you could put your skills for easy access? Well, mine had only AcidDemo, Demonstration, PotionPitcher for healing and Full Protection. Any other free space was for me to keep changing equipment. I had armours to freeze (Marc card?), and if the enemy attacking me had protection to freezing, I'd put something to cause stone/sleep status. Even the weapon I used was either to a) raise my Int, or b) cause status. If I couldn't kill them one way, I'd try the other.

never played any 3rd jobs yet. I stopped playing when Creator was still the highest I could get :p
[hr]

Hi there Mama Satsuki...I play RPG! But I don't really like MMO's because they seem to have no purpose, story etc...but that's why I'm looking forward to SW: The Old Republic...what other games do you like?

I LOVE RPG in general. MMOs doesn't have much (if any) story, but they make up for it by having such a big multiplayer :p

My my, RPGs... lemme see.

Well, The Legend of Zelda is a personal favourite. I first played Ocarina of Time in 2007, and I was left with an open mouth when it ended. It was just epic, no words can describe the feeling. I got Twilight Princess in 2009 when I first had my Wii (yay!) and it was great. Looked like Ocarina, with better graphics. It just wasn't as new a experience as Ocarina was, but it was great either way. Every title I can remember touching truly amused me, be it console or portable (Minish Cap was truly cute). I want to play WindWaker and related, but no GameCube for me... not even the controller to play on the Wii...

I'm also a fan of the Fire Emblem series, but am a little scared of starting Radiant Dawn. I mean, letting a character die is sometimes part of a strategy. If they die for good... oh noes!

I like fantasy RPGs the most, with titles like Atelier Iris coming to mind. Don't know if you ever heard of it, it's 2D -_-; But it's soo cute! :luv Arc the Lad as well. I played two titles, but I am not sure of the first (it was back when it was named just AtLI or AtLII xD). But it was so long ago (my cousin still had his Playstation I). Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits I had to borrow my cousin's PS2 and game (I am Nintendo, he is Sony in regards of gaming). I actually fell in love with the characters. The graphics are awful now that I look at it, but it was so fun... I still remember most characters calling their attacks :amuse

Others that I've played... oh, Radiata Stories! I actually started playing for the funny, but stayed for the drama. Choosing sides to battle for was great, and I'm glad I went with Ridley (the other option's end felt like a bad ending)

In most RPG I value the story/plot and graphics more than gameplay, so... yeah. Don't care much about how the fighting works in the game, but if I get to like the characters enough I'd probably keep resetting the game everytime someone fainted/lost a chance to gain exp.

Final Fantasy, never bought but was lent FFX. It was nice and all, great after getting the hand of the battles, I spammed Bahamut in easy battles, but it was no Zelda game :p I liked Tidus, but Yuna was getting on my nerves by the end. Rikku made up for that :D I remember the old FF games being more enjoyable, and was thinking of getting the remakes for DS (whenever I get a DS, that is). FFX was a nice experience, but not the kind of RPG I'd play again after finishing it. In Zelda you can always try to finish 100%, Atelier Iris: Azoth of Destiny I started again to see if I could finish the last battle in less than 2 hours (how much it took the first time, hehe). FFX just didn't appeal me enough to keep going or do better a second time. It was actually easy to finish the first time :neutral

Not exactly RPG, but I also like farming simulation games (namely: Harvest Moon), and recently their franchise added the Fantasy and RPG mechanics to some titles (namely, Rune Factory). Rune Factory Frontier is like playing Zelda, but being able to marry someone and ditch dungeon crawling for a farm life. Or do both. Mounting a wolf. (but I'd never replace Epona, nono!)

And Pokémon, strategy-and-somehow-RPG game! The plot is just an excuse, but the game is fun and I get easily attached to my pokemon. I'd need another thread just to talk about my Ivysaur... Never got'em all, won't ever try. I'm terrible at strategies, or making the best team, but I have fun trying to win with the one I have.

If I remember more I will try to post xD

Which RPGs do you like playing? Any title I could get for Wii?

benelori
February 17, 2011, 11:06 AM
So UR a console player...I'm more of a PC player myself, never really had the knack for consoles...Mass Effect 2 is being released on PS3 I think, and that's definitely worth it...if you haven't played the first one then you should definitely play it
[hr]
I'm a Gothic series fan, and in general I like all sorts of RPG if the graphics are good...so I'm playing Dragon age origins now, and I just finished The Witcher...I had my fair share in RTS as well

Mama Satsuki
February 17, 2011, 01:45 PM
Yup, console for me. I like many japanese RPG, most for consoles such as PS2, and know very few titles for PC that interest me :darn

PC I usually play emulators tower defense games, and even some RTS actually. The first I played, as far as I can remember, was Populous the Beginning; it was a demo that came together with a Sim City CD (which Sim City I have no idea, probably 2000). Then I got to play Commandos with my dad, I was better than him at finding out what to do. Age of Empires I just watched by my father's shoulder, didn't really understand much of it back then. After those, I kind of moved to console for other genres.
[hr]

Hello,

We have few similarities:

FMA
Animals
Games

What kind of birds you like?

So sorry, I skipped you! I usually take over 2 hours to post when the text is too long (keep checking to see if I can make it better xD), so I didn't see you had posted before I did...

I love love love swimming birds! One of my favourites is... well, I don't really know how to translate it to english, hehe. The portuguese name is Atobá or Mergulhão, tried checking wikipedia to see if I could find anything on it's english name... well, it's a diving bird. I saw him when I was little in an Animal Planet program. I saw one flying into the water and thougth that it was weird because the animal could walk, fly AND swim, while most can do only two of those. I didn't know many animals back then :p and the program was making a big fuss over this fact, I thougth it was a huge deal...

There was also another one, much smaller, that would come flying, dive, and go out while hunting (fishing). Don't know it's name... but the video of the birdie flying head first to the water was fantastic. I also love penguins, they look incredibly cute swimming.

Edit 1: hehe, I was looking for other names to the bird, and found out that it's a Booby. I saw a pair of Boobies perched on a rock today xD

Edit 2: I also love Owls. Wisdom-related, and also goddess Athena's symbol animal.

benelori
February 17, 2011, 02:21 PM
I see...well stuff like Mass Effect, Force Unleashed are out on console as well, U should definitely check those out....

How did you find MH?

Mama Satsuki
February 17, 2011, 02:55 PM
I first found out MH when I was reading FullMetal Alchemist. Although my sister does know FullMetal, it's only based on what we saw on the first anime, so I didn't have anyone to discuss the series with :p

lurking around google, I saw many sites where people discussed FMA, but this was the only one which provided links to raws and the like, and where people actually comented something other than the fights or things like "woah, Roy Mustang is soooooooo good looking....". Like I didn't know that :eyeroll

I avoided raws, but actually got to see spoilers on the last three chapters :mad

anyway, since then this is the first place I go to look for updates and see what everyone else is thinking about the series I like.

lordHokage
February 17, 2011, 08:20 PM
Hello Mama Satsuki,

Welcome to MH and the zone. How are you doing? Best wishes on your studies.

Take care, lordHokage. :)

Mama Satsuki
February 18, 2011, 05:00 AM
Hello Mama Satsuki,

Welcome to MH and the zone. How are you doing? Best wishes on your studies.

Take care, lordHokage. :)

Haha, thank you! I am doing great, just sad because class starts monday...

Take care as well!

Zeltrax
February 22, 2011, 08:42 AM
HIIIIIIIII!!!!:tem

Have you heard of Maplestory?
What is your favorite MMORPG'S Ost or soundtracks?
What is your favorite game that is not a rpg?

Who's that in your avatar?

Hahahaha , I'm sorry with so many questions! Nice to meet you, my name is Zeltrax, from the power rangers series!

benelori
February 22, 2011, 08:46 AM
I first found out MH when I was reading FullMetal Alchemist. Although my sister does know FullMetal, it's only based on what we saw on the first anime, so I didn't have anyone to discuss the series with :p

lurking around google, I saw many sites where people discussed FMA, but this was the only one which provided links to raws and the like, and where people actually comented something other than the fights or things like "woah, Roy Mustang is soooooooo good looking....". Like I didn't know that :eyeroll

I avoided raws, but actually got to see spoilers on the last three chapters :mad

anyway, since then this is the first place I go to look for updates and see what everyone else is thinking about the series I like.

That's awesome...I like that you were in for another level of convo:hi5...do you read any other manga now that FMA is over?

And btw...what's UR opinion on that little gaiden, that was released by Arakawa after the series ended?

Mama Satsuki
February 22, 2011, 08:47 PM
HIIIIIIIII!!!!:tem

Have you heard of Maplestory?
What is your favorite MMORPG'S Ost or soundtracks?
What is your favorite game that is not a rpg?

Who's that in your avatar?

Hahahaha , I'm sorry with so many questions! Nice to meet you, my name is Zeltrax, from the power rangers series!

Oh, hello there! xD Don't worry about the questions, I like talking about myself if you didn't notice :3c

MapleStory: YES! I've heard of it. I actually presented it to my little cousing so he could play something else (his mother said Ragnarok was a bad influence on his studies... not that Maple Story helped much :hurr)

Favourite Ost... none really, I never did pay much attention to music during my games (playing mostly at night, with dad and mom sleeping and not knowing I was online xD). My favourite "soundtrack" though, is the sound of dying Roda Frog and Pupa on ragnarok :p brings me back to leveling up when I first started.

Fav game that is not RPG... well, for once, The Legend of Zelda (action adventure) series are my top favourites. But if that doesn't counts... um... sheesh, I really don't know. I like old games such as Sonic (the OLD games) and Mario (Super Mario Bros), but a specific game is hard to choose. I grew up playing Nintendo, so most of the games I play are from them (even the old Donkey Kong games), and the games from Sony (and Sega Saturn and the likes) I borrowed from my cousin, were mostly RPGs as well.

That in my avatar is Evangeline A.K. McDowell, from Mahou Sensei Negima. She's a badass loli :derp

Edit: just asked my mom what was my favourite video-game other than Zelda. She knows me better than myself... Bomberman. I loved one of the versions for SNES, and used to spent most of my vacation just blowing up the other bombers. Multiplayer was even better, even if by "multi" it means just me and my sister :p
[hr]

That's awesome...I like that you were in for another level of convo:hi5...do you read any other manga now that FMA is over?

And btw...what's UR opinion on that little gaiden, that was released by Arakawa after the series ended?

I loved it that Arakawa made something more for FMA. The art is still great, and the story is even better. Seeing Al's temporary body getting a nice sendout was meaningful at least. Really deep, done well, as usual for her.

BUT! I really did hope she was going to show something, ANYTHING, about certain characters that didn't have a proper ending IMO. Sure, by the end of the series I knew Ed and Winry got together, and that Al and Ed traveled by themselves for a time. But, really? What about Roy (and Riza??)? Even Havoc's life interested me more than Al's armour.

But she did well. I mean, the Armour's whereabouts was the last thing on my mind, and she did something so good out of it...

Meh, I loved it either way; not what I wanted, but everything she does is always for the best of this series it seems.

I hope she will keep releasing more of it. Specially for my little Royai heart, that died little by little since the fateful "LIEUTENANT!", chapter 100 last page. I mean, after chapter 95 I was really hoping for something, and then the perfect opportunity for crying "RIZA!", and what he does? Pull rank. Yeah, well done Colonel...:notrust

Ahem. Now that FullMetal is over... Currently only checking in on Negima, Naruto and Sankarea. Naruto giving me headaches and some heartaches (Asuma...). Ooh, and some Nanoha stuff (MSenki, Vivio, manga of the movie), but those are rarely updated, so I only check every few weeks or so. Going to try Fairy Tail this weekend (my cousin's request), but right now I'm a little busy (yay, school...), and a friend wants me to watch Glee o.õ

hmm... is Black Lagoon over already? Got my hands on one volume recently, seems interesting.

steelwingcrash1
February 26, 2011, 09:54 AM
Hi there! I'll send you a link of this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqijsweJzFQ&feature=related). Try to guess what this is (although the name will immediately show you).

blai
March 02, 2011, 07:51 PM
I see you're a gamer-girl, have you ever tried out RTS games or are you a pure mmorpg gamer?

Zeltrax
March 04, 2011, 08:12 AM
Oh, hello there! xD Don't worry about the questions, I like talking about myself if you didn't notice :3c

MapleStory: YES! I've heard of it. I actually presented it to my little cousing so he could play something else (his mother said Ragnarok was a bad influence on his studies... not that Maple Story helped much :hurr)
I know what you mean, I showed it to my junior and got him hooked but that was years ago! I still love maple although I never play it anymore:D

Favourite Ost... none really, I never did pay much attention to music during my games (playing mostly at night, with dad and mom sleeping and not knowing I was online xD). My favourite "soundtrack" though, is the sound of dying Roda Frog and Pupa on ragnarok :p brings me back to leveling up when I first started.
Oh? I should really check out Ragnarok music, I don't play it so I won't know but since you said it, I want to listen to it now :eyeroll

Fav game that is not RPG... well, for once, The Legend of Zelda (action adventure) series are my top favourites. But if that doesn't counts... um... sheesh, I really don't know. I like old games such as Sonic (the OLD games) and Mario (Super Mario Bros), but a specific game is hard to choose. I grew up playing Nintendo, so most of the games I play are from them (even the old Donkey Kong games), and the games from Sony (and Sega Saturn and the likes) I borrowed from my cousin, were mostly RPGs as well.
My maple character was named after zelda, I just changed the "a" in zelda to "y" to become Zeldy.
I know zelda is a girl, so that's why :darn
Do you own a ds? There's awesome zelda games on them, and a zelda game is coming out for the new handheld, the 3DS :o

That in my avatar is Evangeline A.K. McDowell, from Mahou Sensei Negima. She's a badass loli :derp
She reminds me of victorique from Gosick, just that she seems more tsundere :amuse

Edit: just asked my mom what was my favourite video-game other than Zelda. She knows me better than myself... Bomberman. I loved one of the versions for SNES, and used to spent most of my vacation just blowing up the other bombers. Multiplayer was even better, even if by "multi" it means just me and my sister :p
<hr noshade size="1">
Ah the classic bomberman. I don't really play it that much back then but I still remember how fun it was..bombing my silly cousin who have no idea how to play. I know, it's fun even when there's just two person :tem

Anyway, I have another question! What are the anime you are watching now?

Mama Satsuki
March 11, 2011, 05:42 PM
Well, class is back again! As usual, hating waking up early and going out of bed, but... meh. Do what, it's either that or work for little money doing something I don't even like.

News: got a new cat! Kitten! It's black! Another black one... Now I look like a witch when I go put garbage out in the morning: bed hair, baggy clothes, long black skirt, and two black cats in tow.
The new black boy is named Jinx :3c

Hi there! I'll send you a link of this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqijsweJzFQ&feature=related). Try to guess what this is (although the name will immediately show you).
The name did show up, sorry! Haha, I actually rarely played Ragnarok with music, but my sister had that one downloaded on her phone :clap2 Seriously, all I remember from my Ragnarok play-time were the sound of dying monsters, spell casting... and dying monsters. I even asked my sister where in the game did Prontera theme play :worrybunny
[hr]

I see you're a gamer-girl, have you ever tried out RTS games or are you a pure mmorpg gamer?

Hehe, MMORPG are hardly my favourite kind :p Let's see, RTS... Well, my first game from that kind was from the Commandos series (played with dad, yay!). Which one I'm not sure, one of the first, but there was this level with a Zoo where you went as a spy. It was fun, I kept replaying that level just to see the lions and hide inside a dead elephant...

After that, Populous The Beginning. Reeeeally fun, but there was this one level... nevermind, not enough time to talk about it :notrust

I also had a try at Fat Princess (does it counts? it's online :p) and Patapon (FEVER!:music), but since it was on my cousin's PSP, I never got to finish T_T. Not sure if Patapon counts as RTS; once you play times enough, you know when to attack and all. The enemy's actions aren't random enough, I dunno...

This semester I'm going to try Pikmin for Wii, just need to wait and see how badly I go at my exams (first time working with live people, let's see how many I kill :cool:) Also got Age of Mythology and of EmpiresIII, but my computer broke (yay high-quality-video-games and nay-low-quality-video-card!) so it will take a while to play (borrowing sister's computer; it doesn't support games well enough :mad)

Other RTS I play, and this will sound dumb, but most are Flash Games in some kids sites. Ever heard of Neopets? Well, there are a few there :fail

Also, taking opinions on what should I play next! My cousin is going to borrow Mass Efect for PS3 and lend me for a while. As soon as he fixes his PS3 (Red Screen of Death! And people pick on the Wii. TAKE THAT SONY!)

Kyouria
March 11, 2011, 06:12 PM
Mudkip! I mean, hi Mama Satsuki! Haha CCS was really fun! Did you watch Tsubasa Chronicles? What MMORPGs do you play? (:

Mama Satsuki
March 12, 2011, 03:44 PM
I know what you mean, I showed it to my junior and got him hooked but that was years ago! I still love maple although I never play it anymore:D

Do you own a ds? There's awesome zelda games on them, and a zelda game is coming out for the new handheld, the 3DS :o
No DS :scry Last year, I told my mom that this year I was going to study hard (ALMOST failed the semester due to poor Pharmacology grades - a 2 and a 3 - but did well on the last exam - 8,5 - and my 2 was reviewed and turned a 4 :p), so she said "Well, then you won't mind if I don't give you that game you wanted, right? Since you are going to just study and all...". Life sucks. Didn't see the 3DS game new yet, didn't even know about it o.o But I've been wanting to play the WindWaker sequels for a while (haven't played WW yet anyway, no GameCube. I went from SNES to Wii, skipped N64 and GameCube :darn)

She reminds me of victorique from Gosick, just that she seems more tsundere :amuse
I know! Hehe, she IS older than she looks anyway, and sometimes acts as an older person, so maybe that's why. I was going to watch Gosick, but heard some bad reviews about it (not really bad, but that it's nothing impressive). Going to give it a try now that you mentioned :D

Anyway, I have another question! What are the anime you are watching now?
Las one that I was following was Pokemon DP. It's over, and BW doesn't interest me at all... Hm, last I saw were *thinks a little*... OH NO, not telling! Some aren't kid-stuff, and I'm not about to spoil my non-existant internet reputation with this :hurr Let's just say it was aired in the same season as Oreimo started and that it's based on some H-game I haven't played (and never will). On my defence, I was there for the plot. I was disappointed.

And also saw Ore no Imouto-long-title, but had to stop (let's just say it coincided with my Pharmacology exams, hehe) and didn't feel like going back to it. Might go back, I need to organize better my time :darn

g2g, prepare food for tah family and scream at some ants that are eating my sister's computer (I dropped yogurt here by accident :p)
[hr]

Mudkip! I mean, hi Mama Satsuki! Haha CCS was really fun! Did you watch Tsubasa Chronicles? What MMORPGs do you play? (:
I herd u liek them! :p
I did start to watch Tsubasa (and xxxHolics, if that matters), but would it sound weird to say I got confused after a while? xD Seriously, I was buying the mangas, but the story stopped making sense to me, and I kind of stopped x_x

I play no MMO right now; I can't organize my time well, and they are too distracting :mad

Zeltrax
April 20, 2011, 05:35 AM
Hey Mama! How is it going for you?
I haven't seen you posting for a long time :darn

BakaHaze
April 20, 2011, 06:28 AM
I play no MMO right now; I can't organize my time well, and they are too distracting :mad

This. I need time management skills so badly. Oh well. :D eveything else is secondary to my leisure time. :XD

Charlie
April 29, 2011, 07:25 PM
Happy Birthday Mama Satsuki

:confetti

I hope you enjoyed your special day. :party

Zeltrax
April 29, 2011, 08:07 PM
Happy Birthday Mama Satsuki!
Not sure if you know, but its saturday here in singapore.
SATurday-Suki!
Get it :lmao
Haha, ok fine, have a nice one!~

Mama Satsuki
May 02, 2011, 08:19 PM
Hey Mama! How is it going for you?
I haven't seen you posting for a long time :darn

Going bad the last few days, hehe. Too much work to do, and the youngest cat just got sick. Spent money on vet, medication, new food (he's not eating) aaaand... well, seeing if he gets better.

At least he's eating again! :p

Charlie
May 02, 2011, 08:23 PM
Going bad the last few days, hehe. Too much work to do, and the youngest cat just got sick. Spent money on vet, medication, new food (he's not eating) aaaand... well, seeing if he gets better.

At least he's eating again! :p

A younger brother of mine wanted to get a pet cat. What would you recommend. I would prefer dogs. Not sure how "trainable" cats are. Grats on your cat being healthy. :vbunny

Mama Satsuki
May 02, 2011, 08:44 PM
This. I need time management skills so badly. Oh well. :D eveything else is secondary to my leisure time. :XD
My weekend is sacred. My friends have a hard time getting me out of home when all I want is bed :sbunny

I actually used cat's illness as an excuse to not go to karaoke on saturday...

Thanks for the Happy Birthdays!!! :D The birthday itself was wonderfully crappy - the "birthday" gift was money, and it was spent on the cat. Actually, I spend three times the money I got on the vet, don't know how I will pay it back later :p

But life goes on. Tomorrow I have (another) exam, but after that I have... three days of leisure time x)

oh well... only got online to check Negima, so bye xD
[hr]

A younger brother of mine wanted to get a pet cat. What would you recommend. I would prefer dogs. Not sure how "trainable" cats are. Grats on your cat being healthy. :vbunny
I recommend the street cat type. The pedigree-less cat. Don't know how you call it there, here it's called "Vira-lata" ("turn (trash)cans", literally)...

Cats with pure race have more health problems (kidney/liver, mostly) which are, usually, VERY expensive to keep (special food, medication, frequent vet visits, etc). They also, depending on the race, have longer hair (takes more time to care for, and you HAVE to brush, or else they spit... Hair balls!). They are beautifull, but really expensive to keep :(

Now, adopt one from the shelter. They come with all vacinations and are self-cleaning devices; plus, you will be helping to take those guys out of the streets =D (now I'm making advertisement xD)

About training; All cats are "pot trained" already. Have a litter/sandbox ready for them and they will know what to do and won't bother your neighbours lawn. Now, training how to sit, talk and all that "dog" stuff... it IS possible, but rather difficult. Some cats have strong (nasty ¬¬) personality, and they don't like being told what to do :-_- But they answer when you call them back home or to eat (just open the food bag/can and they will come flying to you...)

Dogs are great as well (my cousin lives with me and he've got two), so you should see what you are more comfortable with. Depending on the place where you live, if size is a problem, I would recommend cats rather than small dogs, since small dogs have a tendency of being... pesky :sbunny If you can, get a medium to big dog, they have more patience with kids and are better company :p

Mama Satsuki
June 27, 2011, 08:16 PM
Eeh... life is being mean to me again, so I'm back on internet dreamland:-_-

so, I see "many peoples" with Saber/Shirou/Archer avatars, signatures and stuff. Did the anime suddenly get popular? :p Where I live it's one of the least known anime around, so sad...

NOW! Some updates on my life, for anyone who might be interested (or with too much time on their hands).

Bad news first:

- remember kitty that was sick? Yeah, well... he died :( not from the illness, he got better of that. I shouldn't have named him "Jinx" just because he was black... He was hit by a car a while ago, I just needed a time to recover, or else I'd posted sooner;
- the other cat (Truffle, also black) is the one suffering the most now.

on a brigther side!...
- I'm doing better at the subjects on school/university :amuse I might even pass without having to pay sexual favors asking teatchers to check my exams again;:eyeroll
- I'm finally working with real people, doing examinations and stuff (and none died on my hands so far, let's keep it that way :p);
- I finally got a... *checks google for translation*, err... scholarship? Dunno, it's for me to do "research" and stuff.
- that means I'm getting paid soon! Finally!

bad news is that I was counting on this money to get the kitten that died neutered... irony loves to bite me back in the-

:-_-

Next week I'm finally free from school for 4 weeks. I'm going to do everything I've been procrastinating on (that includes a fanfiction which haven't been updated in over 2 years), like finishing my games (Rosetta has been waiting for my marriage proposal for 6 months already on Rune Factory: Frontier), cleaning my wardrobe (I don't even have that many clothes, the wardrobe is just too small) and tending to my plants (see if anything survives this time).

Charlie
June 27, 2011, 09:08 PM
Welcome back Mama S.~ :love

:comfort

Grats on the the things that are going well. :super

Zeltrax
June 28, 2011, 05:49 AM
Welcome back satsuki! :lmao
Just so you know, the fatestaynight sets are from the minority game, and we lost so we have to wear them as punishment.
But bakahaze makes them cool so its okay

Bad news first:

- remember kitty that was sick? Yeah, well... he died :( not from the illness, he got better of that. I shouldn't have named him "Jinx" just because he was black... He was hit by a car a while ago, I just needed a time to recover, or else I'd posted sooner;
- the other cat (Truffle, also black) is the one suffering the most now.
Oh..sad to hear :comfort I hope you fully recovered, I'm sure jinx will remember you wherever he is now.
I also hope that truffle will get better soon :hi5

having to pay sexual favors asking teatchers to check my exams
WHAT :yelling
but good for you that you're doing well :lmao

- I'm finally working with real people, doing examinations and stuff (and none died on my hands so far, let's keep it that way :p);
- I finally got a... *checks google for translation*, err... scholarship? Dunno, it's for me to do "research" and stuff.
- that means I'm getting paid soon! Finally!

Maybe I should ask you how do I improve my revision and studying :headscratch
you seem to be coping it so well.
and wow at the scholarship, I'm pretty sure its hard and a lot of hard work to get one.
CONGRATS! :party

Next week I'm finally free from school for 4 weeks. I'm going to do everything I've been procrastinating on (that includes a fanfiction which haven't been updated in over 2 years), like finishing my games (Rosetta has been waiting for my marriage proposal for 6 months already on Rune Factory: Frontier),
My holidays just passed and it was for 4 weeks too :crying
I didn't know you write fanfiction.

cleaning my wardrobe (I don't even have that many clothes, the wardrobe is just too small) and tending to my plants (see if anything survives this time).
Plants!
Not only kittens but plants too!
You have my respect, I'm too lazy to take care of plants or anything.

Mama Satsuki
July 04, 2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the support, guys :D

It's funny, even in "vacation", there's a lot I still have to do at university... and I STILL haven't started on everything I have to do home. I should start with the wardrobe, everything falling on my head is not funny anymore. :-_-

The plants are kind of a hobby. I like to plant seeds and see them grow, but I'm terrible at taking care of them. I know nothing about vase changing, shearing, trimming or cutting leaves, which kind of soil is better for each plant... They used to be healthier, before I got to university, when I actually had time to care for them. Now, I leave the house when it's still dark, and come back when it's even darker :p I can't see how well they are. One of my pine trees (3years old) is all yellow and dry, but still with green spots; I don't know if that's dead or alive :notrust

The other is greeny green, so cute!:hurr

benelori
July 04, 2011, 09:11 AM
is greeny green, so cute!:hurr

Thanks!:hurr

Mama Satsuki
June 01, 2013, 12:42 PM
It's been a while...

Sooo! Back from a very long hiatus! (almost 2 years, that must be a record!! :fail)

I'm going to try and be a little bit more present here. Trying to catch up with recent mangas ~ reading Shingeki no Kyojin right now!! (and looking for spoilers :tss)

Goodness... I missed these smilies :teehee

FaustXIII
June 01, 2013, 02:22 PM
How's Nursing?