PDA

View Full Version : LoneLobo's Fairy Tail Review: Chapter 223

LoneLobo
February 20, 2011, 03:36 PM
A LoneLobo One-Shot Review
Hi guys! Some may know me from my One Piece reviews (if not, check them out), but I was inspired by someone to review more manga. And here I am, with a one-shot review of Fairy Tail, so please do not expect a review here every week. But let me inspire you to maybe do a review yourself, and perhaps I will come back to Fairy Tail in the future. That being said, let's go!

Chapter 223: The Door of Humans

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8144/fairytail2019899.jpg

Death Rain from Heaven

The last chapter ended with Natsu going off to find Garuna aka that sexy lady. This week's chapter does not continue there, but we are now onboard the destroyed battleship of the council. What a second... destroyed? In chapter 213 it pretty much exploded and now it does not seem to be that bad. And on top of that we are told that no one died. I know it is a shonen manga and all and not many people die there, but come on. For my part this is kinda unbelievable and all. Oh well. It just looks stupid that a ship which was blown do pieces is only half damaged and no one died there...

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1242/lolqvn.jpg

Anyway. On board of the ship is Captain Laharl from the Reinforment unit. They are preparing to enter the island, but then Mest, or Doranbalt, arrives. Mest tells her what is happening on the island and wants to call the counsil. However, she tells him that the chairman (Gran Doma) will probably see this as a great way to destroy Zeref and Grimoire Heart with the help of our favorite weapon of mass destruction: Etherion. And then it is character development time! Mest gets flashbacks from the short time he spend with Fairy Tail. He gets second thoughts, but is told to just report to the council. Now, there are several things which can happen. First, he does not report. Unlikely. Second, he reports and the council does not want to use etherion. Unlikely as well. Third, he reports, the council uses etherion and everyone dies. Yeah, sure. Fourth, my favorite, etherion is used and is stopped by Grimoire Heart.

Caprico + n = Capricon... never would've guessed that >.>

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2387/81620944.jpg

Then we switch to Team Lucy (Grey, Lucy, Leo) whose turn it is now to respond to that ultimate magic world stuff. Of course they say it is stupid and horrible (and kinda racist... and kinda Xmen2...). Powngoat aka Carprico then tells them the two goals: Get Zeref and destroy FT. For Hades it seems very important to destroy his old guild... why? He even wanted to spare Markarov... Oh well. Leo wants to find this guy because he can do math! 7 kin means 6 more. And Caprico + n means Capricorn! He is a celestial spirit. No way o,o (...). Anyway, Mr. Goat uses ruler's magic, which can weaken humans. But Leo is immune to that. When he tells them that Capricorn is a spirit, take a close look at Lucy's face. She realized it the moment she saw him and looks sad, not surprised. When she wants to say something, Leo stops her. By challenging Capricon to a one-on-one he sends the others away. However, Lucy wants to stay and Leo shouts at her. That's a first. She then looks all concerned and then tells him to come back to her. Capricon notices something, "That Girl...", but before he can continue his thoughts Leo attacks to stop him from doing exactly that.

p0wng0at

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6764/76048145.jpg

We then learn that seventeen years passed since Capricorn disappeared from the Spirit World. Note here: Lucy is seventeen years old. Mr. Goat attacks by opening a gate and summoning a swordsman. A human. So he is his own master AND can summon humans. That's interesting. And it also explains the title of the chapter. He has also been in the human world for 17 years, so he must be badass... Capricorn then wants to know about Lucy and first things that Leo just wanted her to get away. But then he things of Lucy's "come back to me" and gets a flashback: Reira Heartphilia, Lucy's mother, said the same thing to him. Man, NOW it gets intersting. So Lucy's mother was a stellar spirit mage and Capricorn was probably her spirit (see him kneeling in front of her). He has been in the human world for 17 years... Lucy is 17... you do the math, they have to know each other. However, he wants to kill Lucy really bad now. Just look at his face, full of rage. Something must have happened in the past, and my guess is that it has to do with Reira's death when Lucy was ten.

Predictions

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2077/lol2wy.jpg

What will happen next week? Well, my guess is as good as yours, but I will try my best. Capricorn wants to go after Lucy, Leo interferes with some super move but is defeated. Capricorn will then go after Team Lucy. Add to that a possible flashback (that would make a good cliffhanger) and some small scene with the council and this should probably be it. Another way would be for Team Lucy to run into one of the remaining 7 Kin.

This concludes this review, take care and feel free to drop me some comments. I apologize for possible language and content mistakes. Maybe we will meet again in another review ;)

LoneLobo

Credits: All pictures taken from mangastream.

Mad Wanze
February 20, 2011, 04:22 PM
Nice review Lonelobo! We all miss your One Piece reviews, get back to write some when you feel like. And tell me before, so I'll take a week off :D. By the way, I think it's pretty sure that in the end the goat will become a new Lucy's slave.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
February 22, 2011, 09:41 AM
Nice job spreading your review wings lobo^^. Someone from onemanga noticed something very important on the chapter's cover that pretty much confirms Capricorn's joining. Look at the coin next to lucy's belly, just below as long as I have everyone blablabla, that's capricorn's sign.

Krono
February 26, 2011, 12:08 PM
Nice review, just one problem with it.

Anyway. On board of the ship is Captain Laharl from the Reinforment unit. They are preparing to enter the island, but then Mest, or Doranbalt, arrives. Mest tells her what is happening on the island and wants to call the counsil. However, she tells him that the chairman (Gran Doma) will probably see this as a great way to destroy Zeref and Grimoire Heart with the help of our favorite weapon of mass destruction: Etherion.

Laharl is a man:

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Lahar

LoneLobo
February 27, 2011, 05:24 AM
Thank you for your replies =)

@Krono: Thanks for pointing that out, for me he seemed like a her in this chapter, with that hair style and all. My mistake.