PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 225 Discussion/226 Predictions

ghostexiled
February 28, 2011, 09:01 AM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, NO AGONY POSTS, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the translation for this chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/225/).

Rules Updated/Important Notes:

* ONLY post spoilers in this thread.
If you have spoilers and this thread is not yet open, check this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84) to locate the moderators associated with this section, then check this page (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showgroups.php) to see which of those moderators is currently online, and then contact one such moderator with your spoiler (having the spoiler, source, and credits).

* Please include ONLY spoilers you believe to be legitimate, and post a source for them.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Please DO NOT repost the pics and/or scripts which are already posted in here, including the cleaned ones.

* Only post repeating spoiler pics if:
They are originally significantly bigger than the current ones available (not by resizing them)
The text is clearer for translators to translate
Please use thumbnails instead of the original pic
* Please DO NOT significantly edit your posts i.e. add new pics, scripts, and or translations.
In order to prevent posts from being unfairly deleted, updates on newly arrived scripts/pictures/translations should be made in a new post. MH mods will then merge multiple posts from the same contributor when and if necessary.

* Up to three pages can be shown here as images. Anything over three pages must be linked externally.

* Please read THIS (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22172) for a better understanding of when the RAWs are expected to come out.

Breaking the rules mentioned above will result in:

* Warning for the first time.
* Being infracted immediately if repeats.

Hope for your cooperation.

Well a spoiler thread can be made synoptic.

Take these as examples of a synoptic spoiler posts: normal (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1108532&postcount=84) / pictures (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1048978&postcount=42).

All the codes may look confusing but it's a matter of learning but a fast learning andd once you get into it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

Before reading:
1. all * should be left out, all *** should be filled
2. alt + b adds the bold tags appear automatically

So how do we work?

Step 1:
[*fieldset= ***]Explanation: this will open a box,. *** can be filled according to what you post: spoiler script, spoiler pics, spoiler script and pics, spoiler translation,... depending on what you post

Step 2: [*B]Verification[/b]***

Explanation:
***= three main colours red (fake), orange (pending) and green (confirmed)
fill in the second *** with the status: fake, pending or confirmed according to your colour.
[COLOR=red]Advice: mark it pending if you don't know it ;)

Step 3: [*B]Source:[/b] ***

Explanation: *** = add the website, source where you found the spoiler. Don't you have one? Leave it or use ???

Step 4: [*B]Credits:[/b] ***

Explanation: *** = credit the person who posted it. Don't you know who it is? Leave it or use ???

Step 5: [/fieldset]

Explanation: this will close the box, you opened with the [fieldset = ***]

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

ghostexiled
March 05, 2011, 08:21 AM
With this chapter... lets all try to keep the comments about "Lucy's situation" out of the gutter.

There are many members that come here to read your comments... please be respectful of those who don't care to read such crude comments.

Thanks!

meepers4982
March 05, 2011, 08:37 AM
looks like a lot is going to happen in this chapter, im really looking forward to finding out whats happening in the second spoiler pic, looks really sad :( I cant wait until chapter comes out then we'll know whats going on.

BlueChild
March 05, 2011, 08:47 AM
I just hope that getting spoilers again doesn't mean we'll have to wait for another two days or so. The spoilers really make it look like a nice chapter, I don't want to wait that long :D

Razh
March 05, 2011, 09:01 AM
It's nice to see others recovering. Guess Mira is alive then.

And who's that girl with big boobs with Kain?

EDIT: Nvm, it's Lucy, just thought the hair looked longer.

ca12nag3
March 05, 2011, 09:32 AM
I thought the girl there with Kain was Levy? Btw Elfman holding Evergreen like that it looks awesome ^^

Ero-Sanji
March 05, 2011, 09:40 AM
So all of those we could have presumed as dead are safe and sound. Lisanna seems pretty shaken up and Gazille is out of the picture as I had guessed.

I also had it in mind that Kain and Lucy would encounter each other. She does have a bad habit of facing the oddest character. Right now I'm more interested in Meldy and the encounter between Natsu and Ultear than seeing those who've already been beaten but then again it's nice to see that Mira and Elfman are alright.

ca12nag3
March 05, 2011, 09:44 AM
My mistake ^^" indeed lucy hmm, so she faces 2 of the 7kin. Call that *unlucky* lol

Rarhyx
March 05, 2011, 09:57 AM
Cover of Gray is nice, reminds me of Musica^^

Also want to read that chapter >.<

eclipse12
March 05, 2011, 10:11 AM
I looked at the pictures and the woman kain is standing over is Evergreen. so I think that the next battle will be Kan vs. Elfman. Elfman will want to protect her to make up the defeat they had with the other guy. Also I think Evergreen and Elfman will fall for each other but are not going to say anything to each other. It looks like it is night so I think that laxus will make an appearence soon and defeat Azuma, since he wants to defeat the strongest.

Ero-Sanji
March 05, 2011, 10:20 AM
I looked at the pictures and the woman kain is standing over is Evergreen. so I think that the next battle will be Kan vs. Elfman. Elfman will want to protect her to make up the defeat they had with the other guy. Also I think Evergreen and Elfman will fall for each other but are not going to say anything to each other. It looks like it is night so I think that laxus will make an appearence soon and defeat Azuma, since he wants to defeat the strongest.

I don't think it is Evergreen because of the facts that she's with Elfman at the mini-camp for the beaten and the hair style and clothing belong to Lucy. Just compare the pic with Elfman holding Evergreen and you'll see the differences.

saya1987
March 05, 2011, 10:44 AM
Lol....I don't know why you guys can't tell it's lucy vs kain. Compare her clothing in the spoiler with 223 and you'll see the exact same ones. FYI, on the last page where they usually write a comment on the next chapter, it stated Cana before the whole line was blocked by mangahideout. Thus, you can safely conclude that the girl is lucy.

Personally, I think lucy's hand is the one in charles's vision at this point of the story. Initially, I
thought it could be any male because the hand looked rather masculine. Sigh, it seems that gray, cana and lucy have separated.

Anyway, on the 2nd page, lisanna was lamenting that it was her fault and Elfman stated that those guys are strong.

Marche
March 05, 2011, 11:01 AM
I think that's Levy. You can see her in the second pic standing over Gajeel and Mira but if that was Lucy at Kain's feet you'd also see Gray and Cana probably.At the beginnin I also thought of Levy, but Levy has a different hairstyle, different clothes and her breast aren't big, are small.
Anwyays seem that is all became dark, I don't know if this is because the thing in Zereff will be "awakened" or if is a power of Kain.
For now I believe that is the second option.
Kain seem that rapresents the sin of Gluttony, so perhaps he will be a dragonslayer, the dragonslayer of the black Dragon, and if the black dragon's power is as that of the black dragon of Anima he can sucks all the magical power, except from Dragon Slayer (and perhaps from other mages that can use "Lost Magic").

P.S: Unfortunetely we have only 3 pics, I think would be better to have a script and none pics.
But anyways is better than nothing :D:D:D. Thanks.

LoS
March 05, 2011, 01:09 PM
Sigh is all I have to say. If it is only Makarov whom bites the dust as was heavily alluded long ago then I will be disappointed. Mashima had such promise this arc, only to reneg and have Mira now survive.

eefrit
March 05, 2011, 02:06 PM
For all we know nobody will die. Charle just saw a hand and people crying so it could end up being a false alarm where we think somebody died but they really didn't. From the way this arc is going it looks that way. Fairy Tail will end up coming back strong and end Grimoire Heart like they were a fodder guild, just like they did with The Oracion Seis guild, with everyone alive and well.

LoS
March 05, 2011, 02:30 PM
For all we know nobody will die. Charle just saw a hand and people crying

I am not even talking about that shitty premonition scene. I could care less about it. Makarov was more than hinted as not surviving, plus someone not surviving would be a good change to the story. What gets revealed this arc by having someone die would cause the characters to mature and proactively start chipping away at solutions to the problem this arc reveals.

Ryus
March 05, 2011, 02:45 PM
HOLY S*** GUYS!!! Just realized something about the spoiler pics... bad news... maybe...

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/DidMirajanelooseanarm.jpg

Bad scan makes it hard to tell http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/rlz4ib.png

Bludvein
March 05, 2011, 02:55 PM
HOLY S*** GUYS!!! Just realized something about the spoiler pics... bad news... maybe...

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/LordRyus/Fairy%20Tail%20Images/DidMirajanelooseanarm.jpg

Bad scan makes it hard to tell http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/rlz4ib.png

of course not. The arm is right there. The cut-off looking bit is just the edge of the pillow underneath. The shoulder is to the right, and the arm goes straight under the covers, nowhere near what your indicating. The covers aren't bulging because her arm is very thin, and its close to the body.

ca12nag3
March 05, 2011, 03:07 PM
of course not. The arm is right there. The cut-off looking bit is just the edge of the pillow underneath. The shoulder is to the right, and the arm goes straight under the covers, nowhere near what your indicating. The covers aren't bulging because her arm is very thin, and its close to the body.

I agree, page 21 of chapter 220 you see Mira laying on top of Lisanna and her body looks like everything is attached ^^ so i dont think she lost her arm. Ryus you frighten me! lol

jacke12
March 05, 2011, 03:22 PM
Chapter is out on Mangastream http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/31607823/1.
And about the hand look at page 20 the hand is there Like in Charlie's Vision 2 more left.

Ero-Sanji
March 05, 2011, 03:23 PM
Chapter's out!

So, there we have the hand. I guess no one is dying here. A little disappointing since I really was prepared myself for someone's death.

Cana is really determined to win this, now I really wonder why? I wasn't that interested at the beginning but this better be good!

Natsu vs Ultear is a little unwanted. I mean Natsu should be lying on the floor as Makarov yet he's fine. I know that I might sound a little negative but I don't like the whole Natsu = "eternal energy" thing.

Gray is moving on his own so his probably bound to face someone I hope it's Azuma so that we might get a little creation vs destruction battle. But will he be able to make it considering the loss of Mira? So, perhaps a creation vs creation battle, I mean Rustyrose seem like the perfect sparring partner for Grey.

Finally we got to see some of Meldy's powers and I've got to say that it was not the way I thought it would be. I mean it's very similar to Rustyrose but it's constitution is more like energy than matter like Rustyrose's.

Also, Damn! Elfman is buffed!

Shiro Tsuki
March 05, 2011, 03:39 PM
Is it going to be Lucy?
Hah
It'll be like the biggest shock -
I mean she is a main character - killing her off - means shaking the whole belief that main characters can't die in a manga!
Atleast not now!
(It would make sense though - Cana crying because she was the one leaving Lucy!)
You are at war! You knock off your own friend! and you hide her not behind bushes - but simply let her lying taking some air - quite intelligent huh :'

Am happy Mira won't die -
Unless someone butcher her in this state!

Natsu vs Ultear was a bit off!
Too much was packed in this chapter -
The little robot-girl is like an erza hah! :D
Who'd see that coming?
Juvia getting harmed physically! :|
That is new! :D

LoS
March 05, 2011, 03:40 PM
And the award for most ruined character goes to none other than Cana, tada!

She was a guild veteran whom not much was revealed, so there was plenty room for her to grow on us, but Mashima has officially ruined her character for me.

She is a complete moron, seriously thinking she could take on a 7 Kin by herself. And yet again she keeps bringing up the exam, give it a rest already, just stop and realize something bigger than your god damn self is happening right now you idiot.

Too much jumping around in this chapter, Natsu also bitching about the s-class exam. We get it already Mashima, damn. The characters are frustrated, but you are making them seem entirely too juvenile and conceited.

So all that is left is Kain's magic to be revealed. Urtear's magic sure is hax, she is so damn powerful and hardly exerts any effort.

Lol, someone finally used their brain, and go figure it would have to be Levy. Sad thing is, Fairy Tail combined isn't strong enough to defeat GH combined. Combined against say just one or two of the 7 Kin then they would win, but in their current state they would have no shot to win other than some horrible story telling nakama powerup plothole, or Mavis' uprising plothole.

Evil3ye
March 05, 2011, 03:40 PM
Wow, what a sick chapter. Awesome new developement, Cana going for the S class in the middle of a war, tricking Lucy in such an evil way, leaving totally unprotected. That I fear will have consequences :police

And why did Ultear look so fecking hot. *0*

LoS
March 05, 2011, 03:50 PM
I guess no one is dying here. A little disappointing since I really was prepared myself for someone's death.

The arc is not over yet, Mashima can still do the right thing and have someone on the good side die, and it would be an extreme cop out if it turns out to just be Makarov after all the foreshadowing and his near death state earlier.

Cana is really determined to win this, now I really wonder why? I wasn't that interested at the beginning but this better be good!

As I mentioned last chapter I have a feeling this portion will be a big fail. Her storyline is incredibly forced, and has been an ongoing frustration to the point where it has to be something monumental to deliver it justice for taking up pages of so many chapters.

Gray is moving on his own so his probably bound to face someone I hope it's Azuma so that we might get a little creation vs destruction battle. But will he be able to make it considering the loss of Mira? So, perhaps a creation vs creation battle, I mean Rustyrose seem like the perfect sparring partner for Grey.

I also feel he will 1 v 1 one of the 7 Kin, and of the two choices I'd rather see your first choice but I also feel that the second option could very well happen.

Also, his cover page was pretty damn pimp

Finally we got to see some of Meldy's powers and I've got to say that it was not the way I thought it would be. I mean it's very similar to Rustyrose but it's constitution is more like energy than matter like Rustyrose's.

I really don't think this is the extent of her powers, and I must say from that brief glimpse I was not very impressed. I had and still do have huge expectations for her. I wonder how much progress we will get with her fight though.

Also, did anyone else literally LOL at Lucy's rationale for 6 hours = a word with 6 letters? I was like, wtf you can't be serious. You are trying to convince me you simply took a leap of faith on an idea so full of holes that it is nearly fact now. Get real

Awesome new developement

Not a new development at all, it's been shoved in our faces for so long it is more of a frustration than anything.

Cana going for the S class in the middle of a war, tricking Lucy in such an evil way, leaving totally unprotected. That I fear will have consequences :police

her desperation is funny.

Although Kain is right there I don't feel Lucy's troubles will come from him. It would just be too obvious.

Ero-Sanji
March 05, 2011, 04:02 PM
The arc is not over yet, Mashima can still do the right thing and have someone on the good side die, and it would be an extreme cop out if it turns out to just be Makarov after all the foreshadowing and his near death state earlier.

Man, I really hope that someone dies. I mean here the GH have been talking about destroying FT, yet, Azuma demolishes everything but leaves everone alive. Anyway if someone have to die, it better be Makarov for the reasons you've brought up.

As I mentioned last chapter I have a feeling this portion will be a big fail. Her storyline is incredibly forced, and has been an ongoing frustration to the point where it has to be something monumental to deliver it justice for taking up pages of so many chapters.

I don't know about it being forced but to me it came a little too sudden. I mean at the struggle against the phantoms she seemed so warm etcetera to the guild, but now, if she doesn't succeed she'll leave the guild. I always thought of her as stubborn but not to this extent. I really, really hope that what ever she's fighting for is logical.

I really don't think this is the extent of her powers, and I must say from that brief glimpse I was not very impressed. I had and still do have huge expectations for her. I wonder how much progress we will get with her fight though.

Yeah, I guess we sought a little more uniqueness and force but then again this was just the beginning of a pretty good fight I'm sure. I trust Erza's intuition.

Although Kain is right there I don't feel Lucy's troubles will come from him. It would just be too obvious.

Lucy's fine and she'll fight and most definitely win. It will be a funny battle and I can already see Taurus coming out and comment on how Lucy is his and not Kain's for the taking.

Oh, and also about Lucy solving the riddle. Well it's an ongoing theme with her being so god damn lucky. Anyway, I wonder what the "E" path meant? Wasn't it the path Natsu chose? Also, why is it so important for her to go alone?

meepers4982
March 05, 2011, 04:13 PM
Oh, and also about Lucy solving the riddle. Well it's an ongoing theme with her being so god damn lucky. Anyway, I wonder what the "E" path meant? Wasn't it the path Natsu chose? Also, why is it so important for her to go alone?

yah i agree lucy's name originally came from the word "lucky" except the K was missing.

I really liked this chapter, its good to know miras alive and i like the mature way elfman and levi acted. I was very upset with the way cana handled the situation, it was kind of ridiculous. The s-class exam wont continue if there is a war going on i mean makarov wouldnt sit there and do nothing. Cana's trickery was really low especially after how much lucy helped her.

LoS
March 05, 2011, 04:19 PM
Anyway if someone have to die, it better be Makarov for the reasons you've brought up.

I hope it is someone else, it would add some shock factor, and actually be something that not everyone in the world was prepared for. Fairy Tail has been preparing for this since the Fantasia arc. I won't mind if Makarov does die, but I just hope that if he does Fairy Tail also sees someone else die along with him. I'd settle for him surviving so long as someone else from Fairy Tail dies instead.

I don't know about it being forced but to me it came a little too sudden. I mean at the struggle against the phantoms she seemed so warm etcetera to the guild, but now, if she doesn't succeed she'll leave the guild. I always thought of her as stubborn but not to this extent. I really, really hope that what ever she's fighting for is logical.

Thus far it just isn't a good addition. At first we were all like awww I wonder who this "him" is that she really needs to see, and we were like I love her determination, that she absolutely must pass this exam. But we were also like, what a baby for bitching about quitting the guild. It's just something that had better be amazing. And at the end if she gets s-class for something dumb like simply realizing to put others ahead of herself it will be a huge letdown. This same situation could apply to everyone sadly, they might all pass due to deciding to side with one another to protect what is important to them rather than isolate themselves from others to progress further in the exam. Everyone passing was something that many people believed would happen once GH invaded the test, no one was really fooled with the "put the test on hold" statement.

its good to know miras alive and i like the mature way elfman and levi acted

Good to see that someone actually acknowledged that they are stronger than the participants individually. Its just odd that something so trivial and obvious should be given such spotlight.

I was very upset with the way cana handled the situation, it was kind of ridiculous. The s-class exam wont continue if there is a war going on i mean makarov wouldnt sit there and do nothing.

Yeah Cana has been a vexing character for some time now.

Ohhhhh, but you are wrong. Someone will indeed get promoted to S-class after this arc when all is said and done, despite the invasion. And like I mentioned earlier, it will most likely be something cliche along the lines of getting promoted for putting others ahead of yourself and protecting your guild members and others while sacrificing your own needs, in this situation being to further help your self progress in the exam.

monkey D luffy
March 05, 2011, 04:21 PM
chatper is out!
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/31607823/1
damn you cana!!!!!
damn you ultear!!!!!
damn you mashima!!!!!

that was a decent chapter. nothing too impressive, if anything this is the begginning of the end of the arc. with what levi said the guild will pawn GH now...

shuha27
March 05, 2011, 04:32 PM
This chapter killed Cana's personality. Just to win the exam she screws over her teammate who helped her all this time and now probably has to fight a Purgatory alone.

Happy Mirajane didn't die :)

I expected Merdy's ability to be different but I guess that's just a little part of her magic. Looking forward to seeing the last Purgatory's magic.

matzik1212
March 05, 2011, 04:33 PM
i personally don't want anyone to die 'cause i like everyone from FT but from how things are developing it seems this possibility isn't excluded :(.......ultear is really annoying i never liked her but now i can't stand her she has many issues LOL ....hhmmm i'm curious what are her intentions regarding zeref 'cause it's more than obvious that she doesn't need him just for the sake of creating the ultimate magic world ;)
cana really disappointed me in this chapter...i can't believe she actually cares more to complete the test than resolving the current crisis FT is facing and IMO she doesn't deserve to become an s-class mage simply 'cause she's far from being strong

Ero-Sanji
March 05, 2011, 04:46 PM
I hope it is someone else, it would add some shock factor, and actually be something that not everyone in the world was prepared for. Fairy Tail has been preparing for this since the Fantasia arc. I won't mind if Makarov does die, but I just hope that if he does Fairy Tail also sees someone else die along with him. I'd settle for him surviving so long as someone else from Fairy Tail dies instead.

I'm settled with just Makarov. I mean all the others except Evergreen and Cana are quite immune to the death penalty at the moment, if you think about it, and letting anyone of them die would be very odd in my eyes. Makarov seems like the optional choice since in every arc the same thing happens when he's involved. It's getting quite old and boring, here Mashima had the chance to go out big and finish him off by his former teacher instead of the more cliché opposite were the master instead gets killed by his pupil. Ivan being the death of Makarov seems more and more inevitable.

Thus far it just isn't a good addition. At first we were all like awww I wonder who this "him" is that she really needs to see, and we were like I love her determination, that she absolutely must pass this exam. But we were also like, what a baby for bitching about quitting the guild. It's just something that had better be amazing. And at the end if she gets s-class for something dumb like simply realizing to put others ahead of herself it will be a huge letdown. This same situation could apply to everyone sadly, they might all pass due to deciding to side with one another to protect what is important to them rather than isolate themselves from others to progress further in the exam. Everyone passing was something that many people believed would happen once GH invaded the test, no one was really fooled with the "put the test on hold" statement.

I'm really afraid of that outcome but it isn't impossible. I mean if you look through the whole exam until now, nearly everyone have shown exceptional skill in intelligence, strength and valour. From Levi's 1 minute spell-breaker to Natsu showing off against Zancrow in front of Makarov might indeed hint at a mass promotion.

damane08
March 05, 2011, 04:46 PM
The Island is being invaded and Cana put Lucy to sleep and then leaves her out in the open? she knew what she was doing too, she made sure to split up the group and send Gray somewhere else. I have a feeling that Gray was still following them though and he'll be the one to save Lucy next week.

Gats
March 05, 2011, 05:11 PM
Cana just doesn't deserve the S-Class mage by doing this, I doubt she is that stupid. That's why I think that what she wants is related to the S-class exam but she doesn't really want to succeed. She is looking for something else (than finishing the exam) we don't know yet I think.

StarlightBreaker
March 05, 2011, 05:13 PM
I did a comparison of the hand on p.20 to the hand in Charle's predictions and confirmed that it is Lucy's hand.
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/31607823/20
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c201/19.html

White Silver King
March 05, 2011, 05:28 PM
Does anybody understand Ultears magic in this chapter? I get that she is able to move the orb in anyway she chooses because it's can be thrown into any direction in the future, but how does she create multiple orbs?

jorped
March 05, 2011, 05:29 PM
real stupid what cana did to lucy. even if she has a good reason to doing that to lucy she could never had done that !!!!, if this wasnt a manga probably lucy would be dead now, cuz if one of the enemies see her she would be killed easily. but i think that gray is going to appear there to save lucy.

and i want to now what is the reason behind all this actions of Cana

Razh
March 05, 2011, 05:59 PM
Well, I hated Cana in this chapter too, in fact, I hated her since she suggested they split. But, Mashima is not an idiot, and he's probably thought of a good reason for Cana's behavior. From the start of this arc it's been hinted that it's a pretty big thing for her.

Not sure why the dumb broad thinks the exam is still ongoing. Like is she fucking retarded or something? Maybe she should get a THINK card for her deck.
Really hope Mashima manages to deliver a good explanation.

I actually thought for a moment there that she was some kind of a spy but it turned out she wasn't.

CaptFamous
March 05, 2011, 06:09 PM
Well, I hated Cana in this chapter too, in fact, I hated her since she suggested they split. But, Mashima is not an idiot, and he's probably thought of a good reason for Cana's behavior. From the start of this arc it's been hinted that it's a pretty big thing for her.

Not sure why the dumb broad thinks the exam is still ongoing. Like is she fucking retarded or something? Maybe she should get a THINK card for her deck.

I actually thought for a moment there that she was some kind of a spy but it turned out she wasn't.

My guess is that she has some reason for getting to the grave that has nothing to do with the test. Maybe someone she cared about before died during the test and she wants to get there, who knows. I would imagine this is going to end with her receiving the "We're all on the same team, you don't have to carry this burden alone" speech from Lucy.

Finale
March 05, 2011, 06:26 PM
It amazes me that Mest, even though he works for the council seems more concerned for the well being of FT than Cana who is only focused on the exam. I really hope there is one hell of an explaination for Cana's behavior because otherwise i dont see how the others can go back to working with her. Hell even Luxus in his own sick twisted way cares deeply about FT Cana seems only concerned for herself. For all she knows the others are engaged in life or death struggles and could use her help. Is this really the woman that went all out against Fried because he called Luvia that Phantom Girl? It just doesnt fit. Cana wasnt that interesting of a character to begin wth but at least she was likeable, now she's just becoming annoying.

For her to redeem herself she needs to do something on behalf of her guildmates. She can be awarded the S-Class title post-mortem for all I care now.

Razh
March 05, 2011, 06:42 PM
Then again, maybe those years of heavy alcoholism finally caught up with her. Poor girl has become delusional from all that booze.

Evil3ye
March 05, 2011, 06:51 PM
Did we actually see Cana in a serious fight already. I don't recall it.
During the Luxus arc a little if I remember correctly. Maybe now it's her time to shine :neutral

Big Al
March 05, 2011, 07:07 PM
The whole thing is real suck...
1. Cana dump lucy and left her
2. Natsu get sick while ride the leaf...come on, that total BS! He had no problem rided on gary ice slide-thing before (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v17/c137/19.html)
3. Why do everyone keep thinking about exam, they should forget about it and leg it!
4. Good god, "Feeling power" crap all over again (I getting fed up of it already).
5. Natsu got his ass kick by a woman! (Gimme a break, already).

The only good thing is...
1. Cana play with Lucy's boob :drool
2. It nice to see that Juvia water body take damage cuz I get fed up to think "is she invulnerable?" (expect, dunno how the hell she lost to Erza and Gray before).
3. Charle's predictions of that hand, is Lucy's hand (thank to StarlightBreaker for telling us cuz I never notice it before)

...I think I'll just take FT off of my top 5 best manga list (but I'll still read it, lol) cuz it getting suck.

MechR
March 05, 2011, 07:45 PM
Maybe she should get a THINK card for her deck.
HAH! :p

Unless Meldy's swords are also unblockable, they don't seem too impressive.

saya1987
March 05, 2011, 07:50 PM
I like the development of Cana's character although it's for the worse. Hiro did a fantastic job in portraying a realistic side of human behaviour, that there are times when we are so desperate to achieve something, we would resort to unscrupulous and extreme means before regretting much later. This is so much better than levy's cries of reuniting together.

Secondly, I like how devious Cana was. She insisted on splitting up Gray and Lucy so that they could finish the 7 kin quickly and continue the exam but in reality, she wasn't even planning to put the exam on hold temporarily. She just didn't want Gray to follow her to the grave.

Anyway, I think Cana deserves pity more than anger.

White Silver King
March 05, 2011, 08:04 PM
Unless Meldy's swords are also unblockable, they don't seem too impressive.

I hardly think summoning some energy swords is even a slight extent of her Lost Magic or ability as one of the 7 Kin.

-Ken-
March 05, 2011, 08:56 PM
2. Natsu get sick while ride the leaf...come on, that total BS! He had no problem rided on gary ice slide-thing before (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v17/c137/19.html)

Hey, if you just hit onto the next page, you'll see that Natsu get sick from Ice slide. How is he not sick?

Zeltrax
March 05, 2011, 09:15 PM
I'm guessing cana is after the grave, that is the main reason why she joined fairy tail and after all this years, the only way to get to it is the S-Class exam, which she always fail.
Finally, her chance has come and for whatever reason, she's heading to the grave.
It's a little theory but still plausible I guess.

Natsu. has better. not. beat. urtear.
Meldy powers is similar to erza, except her swords are technology swords! ..I have no idea what I'm saying.

And yes..the last page is..suggestive..to various kinds of things.

Rowel
March 05, 2011, 09:19 PM
Interesting. Cana seems to be a major player in this arc and I'm really wondering what Mashima has in store for her, other than fan service that

is. Meh, even with this "betrayal", she remains my number one FT girl :wub

Also, Ultear's magic is quite inventive on Mashima's behalf. In fact, I'm loving all the 7 kins' magic so far. Heres looking foward to Kain's.

Kuzumikun
March 05, 2011, 09:40 PM
GREAT CHAPTER!
lots of possibilites here
Lucy vs Kain
Lucy,(if Levy,Lisana, or Elfman become a team) vs Kain
Sleeping Lucy,(if Levy,Lisana, or Elfman become a team) vs Kain
Lucy,(if Grey see's Kain and Lucy) vs Kain
Natsu vs Urtear
Natsu,(Grey if he see's Natsu and Urtear) vs Urtear
(If Levy,Lisana, or Elfman become a team) vs Asuma/Rusty Rose
Grey vs Asuma/Rusty Rose
Cana vs Asuma/Rusty Rose
I'm so heated up to see if Lucy can beat him!
Hmmm...so that was the hand Charle saw. It's obvious because it was a HUGE.
I hope Kain doesn't kidnap Lucy or even EAT her >:O
Cana is a beezy for like leaving Lucy out in the open! :[
At least take her with you and then make her fall asleep...or something! You would of thought she was smart enough to know that the island is getting attacked and YEAH! GAH Cana...
LEVY!<3 my signature character<3 i loved her in this chapter! Shows that she has a hard backbone and wants Fairy Tail to stomp GH! I hope the remaining three make a team! Well i guess a two man team because one has to watch over the other team mates. I can't wait to see how this arc turns out!

saya1987
March 05, 2011, 09:41 PM
As for Natsu's fall, ultear probably manuplated the leaf.

Sadly, I don't think Lucy will be fighting anytime soon unless Caprico comes out from the spirit world. Judging from Charles' premonition(I'm assuming they're all linked together and not separate unrelated panels), Lucy will pretty much be dead. Sigh, as a Lucy fan, I was hoping to see her fight without using her stronger spirits.

Kuzumikun
March 05, 2011, 10:15 PM
As for Natsu's fall, ultear probably manuplated the leaf.

Sadly, I don't think Lucy will be fighting anytime soon unless Caprico comes out from the spirit world. Judging from Charles' premonition(I'm assuming they're all linked together and not separate unrelated panels), Lucy will pretty much be dead. Sigh, as a Lucy fan, I was hoping to see her fight without using her stronger spirits.

Lucy is not going to die
shes the main character and so far the narrator of the manga
there is no way she can be telling someone this story without being there telling it.
Who knows kain might be a good guy XD or maybe not
i feel like hes going to pull a Jose and kidnap her >,<

ca12nag3
March 05, 2011, 10:23 PM
We are all just asuming the person whos hand showed would die based on the distress shown on both natsu and Canas face in Charles vision. But they could be very much not connected to eachother and just glimps of this war thats now going on?

Seeing as that hand is Lucy's anyways. What can happen is that Lucy gets hurt realy bad and maybe Cana will feel guilty and Natsu as her closest friend will feel anger/tearfull over her.

However she wont ever die in this series ^^

saya1987
March 05, 2011, 10:35 PM
Lucy is not going to die
shes the main character and so far the narrator of the manga
there is no way she can be telling someone this story without being there telling it.
Who knows kain might be a good guy XD or maybe not
i feel like hes going to pull a Jose and kidnap her >,<

I think you misuderstood what I said, 'pretty much dead' doesn't mean that she's dead. It just means that she's on the verge of death but somehow, she will be saved by the cliche situation where miracles happen.

Anyway, I hope that she gets kidnapped because it will suggest that Hades made used of caprico's pact with layla to get to lucy for some unrevealed purpose.

At this point in time, Caprico/Zoldeo seems to be the only one who can't provide a good justification as to why he's part of the 7 kin. At least Ultear said she would be fred if she had hers hands on zeref and that rusty rose wanted to build a better world. Zoldeo, on the other hand, joined without any good reason given. On top of that, he's willing to slave for Hades' ambition even though he admitted that he didn't understand it at all.

Anyway, I'm still sad that lucy didn't get to fight :(

Lastly, I'm still miffed over the fact Cana gave Lucy such a lousy hiding place. Seriously, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that even with lucy behind the bush, it was still so conspicuous! There goes the intelligence of a potential S-class mage.

Speaking of which, how many more chapters do you think there will be before this arc ends/extends to the next arc?

sarutobi_sensei
March 05, 2011, 11:22 PM
WOW! So Mira is alive after all. Lol.

Juvia got hurt? double wow!

I'm beggining to see what happened between Ultear and Zeref's fight. Damn she's strong. I hope Zeref wakes up and teams with Natsu to beat her ;D

And the hand was Lucy's after all, but she ain't gonna die, we've been seeing bits of Charles premonition.

And so the grave was in the E path? Wasn't that the one Natsu came trough?

Aikidoka
March 05, 2011, 11:36 PM
I'm a bit disappointed by Cana's actions in this chapter, in my eyes she doesn't deserve the S-class title. In fact, unless she does something incredibly redeeming, I'm all for her being kicked out of FT at the end of all this.

bittman
March 05, 2011, 11:50 PM
Hmm, does anyone think that perhaps Cana is after something more than S-class? Haha, oh wait I'll stop myself. I was hoping Fairy Tail would have some plot twists.

Otherwise: chapter was ok. Got a good taste of Ultear's power and Meldy's power. Cain rears his ugly head, and Gray goes his own way.

Given the split up, looks like Fairy Tail could win this:
Grey beats Rustyrose
Lucy beats Cain
Natsu beats Ultear
Erza beats Meldy
??? beats Azuma
Gildhartz comes back to beat Hades

Not unbelievable, unfortunately. It honestly would be nicer if Fairy Tail lose, but this arc is already too long for a straight out loss.

Shiro Tsuki
March 06, 2011, 12:25 AM
I actually find Cana's behavior quite believable!
She is desperate -
She'd do anything a human would do in dire situation -
Atleast someone who's not always stucking nakama in her every thought -_

Now it makes me \more curious to know the damn reason she is doing all this!
Seriously guys -
It better not be something stupid!

Please - let's try not bash FT that much!
I mean if you guys find it so horrible - then just don't read!

I am sincerely hoping Ultear does not lose against Natsu!
The guy could even beat god -)_
Too much 'nakama-powered' plots gets me crazy!
Maybe Ultear will just leave him there -
Knowing Hiro -_ He can't allow Natsu to lose -

Hmm
What about Charles? :-
Is her prediction even trustworthy?
I mean she saw a hand - two people of the guild crying _-
Maybe its a recollection of two different moments -
I mean - the cat went almost mad in the last arc - with all the "its our mission thing"
Has she got a hold on her powers yet?

Kuzumikun
March 06, 2011, 01:07 AM
I

Anyway, I hope that she gets kidnapped because it will suggest that Hades made used of caprico's pact with layla to get to lucy for some unrevealed purpose.

At this point in time, Caprico/Zoldeo seems to be the only one who can't provide a good justification as to why he's part of the 7 kin. At least Ultear said she would be fred if she had hers hands on zeref and that rusty rose wanted to build a better world. Zoldeo, on the other hand, joined without any good reason given. On top of that, he's willing to slave for Hades' ambition even though he admitted that he didn't understand it at all.

Anyway, I'm still sad that lucy didn't get to fight :(

Lastly, I'm still miffed over the fact Cana gave Lucy such a lousy hiding place. Seriously, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that even with lucy behind the bush, it was still so conspicuous! There goes the intelligence of a potential S-class mage.

Speaking of which, how many more chapters do you think there will be before this arc ends/extends to the next arc?

i think theres going to be probably 30 more chapters or less haha i dun rmemeber how many chapters the last arc was so yeah...
OHH sorry my bad haha
yeah i guess its okay if she did get kidnapped and i can see all the guild coming "Together" again in trying to rescue her and using team work in getting her back which grants them all s-rank (or at least some of them) haha
EXCEPT FOR CANA for leaving poor Lucy out in the cold where a fat dude can kill her >:[ i can't believe she did that!

LoS
March 06, 2011, 01:29 AM
This is already the longest arc yet, there is certainly not 30 more chapters left. Remember, this arc could end literally as soon as Hades decides to gather up Zeref from Urtear and head back to the ship.

tobeulp
March 06, 2011, 01:50 AM
The arc didn't progress that much this chapter and now Lucy will be in danger again lol... I think Cana had a different purpose on reaching the grave not for the S Class test... The good side of this chapter is that most Fairy Tail are still alive and not dead yet the bad side is a hint for a counterattack is the lamest thing specially most strong members are greatly damaged..

Nonlife
March 06, 2011, 01:57 AM
The arc didn't progress that much this chapter and now Lucy will be in danger again lol... I think Cana had a different purpose on reaching the grave not for the S Class test... The good side of this chapter is that most Fairy Tail are still alive and not dead yet the bad side is a hint for a counterattack is the lamest thing specially most strong members are greatly maged..

Reminds me of when Siegfried helped the Rave Master group face the Oracion Sei for the 1st time.

I still can't believe Cana would go that far to become an S-class right NOW when a formidable enemy - one of the worst - has interrupted the test. I REALLY hope we find out WHO she is doing it for. (Does Lucy know, b/c Cana did confide with her; yet we don't know how much she told her.)

Sollum
March 06, 2011, 02:05 AM
Ummm... What kind of explanation would possibly make up for the fact that Cana is an a**? It doesn't matter now, because it was done for her own good. Even if it was done for the guild, she still messed up - she left a member of the guild in open field.

I am tempted to believe that Cana still thinks exam is ongoing. Because last few chapters she was bit**ing and whining and moaning about becoming S class mage.

God! I really hate people like her... thinking about herself, thinking that only hers problems are important, most importantly - constant bit**ing and whining about her shitty life.

Somebody kill her >.>

ca12nag3
March 06, 2011, 02:23 AM
Ummm... What kind of explanation would possibly make up for the fact that Cana is an a**? It doesn't matter now, because it was done for her own good. Even if it was done for the guild, she still messed up - she left a member of the guild in open field.

I am tempted to believe that Cana still thinks exam is ongoing. Because last few chapters she was bit**ing and whining and moaning about becoming S class mage.

God! I really hate people like her... thinking about herself, thinking that only hers problems are important, most importantly - constant bit**ing and whining about her shitty life.

Somebody kill her >.>

This doesnt naturaly and automaticaly mean anything.

Cana wants to become S-Class cause then she can meet *that person*
Whoever that may be its vital to her, and the main reason she stayed in FT so long. If she cant pass the exam this time she would give up and leave FT.

Now im beginning to believe that this person must be linked somehow with the end part of the S-Class trial.

Also we know absolutely nothing about her, weve seen Erzas tower,Greys master/mentor period. the 3 siblings and their ordeal. But whats up with Cana, shes about the same age as both Mira and Erza yet we know nothing of her.

So before we start judging lets sit back and watch ^^. She better have a realy life or death reason why shed abandon Lucy defenceless in the middle of a battlefield.

Btw judging from the intro of the arc, where Lucy talked about whats about to happen etc etc. We know shes fine ^^. So she wont die either way.

Askia32
March 06, 2011, 02:34 AM
Wow, Cana, seriously? I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she could of at least hid Lucy at a place where she wouldn't be easily spotted.

Seems like Gray will probably find and help Natsu in his fight. Doubt he will really make a difference though.

tobeulp
March 06, 2011, 03:34 AM
Reminds me of when Siegfried helped the Rave Master group face the Oracion Sei for the 1st time.

Well Siegfried helping them is a good one for me because it is an outside interference and Oracion Sei still lives after that ..
If Fairy Tail is saved by the Council or Makarov's friend then it is also good but if only Fairy Tail will screw Grimoire Heart then it is BS...

Sollum
March 06, 2011, 03:42 AM
This doesnt naturaly and automaticaly mean anything.

Cana wants to become S-Class cause then she can meet *that person*
Whoever that may be its vital to her, and the main reason she stayed in FT so long. If she cant pass the exam this time she would give up and leave FT.

Now im beginning to believe that this person must be linked somehow with the end part of the S-Class trial.

Also we know absolutely nothing about her, weve seen Erzas tower,Greys master/mentor period. the 3 siblings and their ordeal. But whats up with Cana, shes about the same age as both Mira and Erza yet we know nothing of her.

So before we start judging lets sit back and watch ^^. She better have a realy life or death reason why shed abandon Lucy defenceless in the middle of a battlefield.

Btw judging from the intro of the arc, where Lucy talked about whats about to happen etc etc. We know shes fine ^^. So she wont die either way.

Well, from what Mest stated, i assume that exam changes and each time there are different tasks. And it's unlikely that Grave is last part. Someone has to guide them to third part, and that someone is lying half dead now.

And what kind of cause would justify her means?
"I will meet my father!" - sorry, nope
"I wont die!" - sorry, nope
"The world will explode, unless i win!" - well, okay

Ero-Sanji
March 06, 2011, 03:52 AM
Given the split up, looks like Fairy Tail could win this:
Grey beats Rustyrose
Lucy beats Cain
Natsu beats Ultear
Erza beats Meldy
??? beats Azuma
Gildhartz comes back to beat Hades

Not unbelievable, unfortunately. It honestly would be nicer if Fairy Tail lose, but this arc is already too long for a straight out loss.

No offence but those results would literally make me cry. Natsu shouldn't even be on the same league as Ultear and beating her now after such a drain from his previous battle would really suck. I can however see both Lucy and Grey win their fights and Erza of course but Gildartz beating Hades? Nah, I don't think so. Azuma is also still on the run and could inflict some serious damage taking out all the trash.

LoS
March 06, 2011, 04:33 AM
I have already given up on matchups because anything logical or geared toward the development of good storytelling, such as the good guys suffering a meaningful and lasting defeat, is simply unheard of. You can throw out anything other than a FT victory sadly, no matter the odds or circumstances.

miramira
March 06, 2011, 05:05 AM
I did a comparison of the hand on p.20 to the hand in Charle's predictions and confirmed that it is Lucy's hand.
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/31607823/20
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c201/19.html

Not exactly identical but yes, could be the same. Sooo even if it's Lucys hand as long as she didn't die then that's gooood.

Yeah. Totally Mashima needs to give her a really good reason for wanting to win that exam so bad! Her reason may even be something for the guild, but even if so, it won't ever be enough imo. She left a comrade unconcious in the middle of a war! Whatever her reasons are for being so desprate it won't make up for leaving Lucy like that. I liked her because of her role in Phantom and Fighting Festival, obviously she loves the guild, but this? So contradicting.

I like the development of Cana's character although it's for the worse. Hiro did a fantastic job in portraying a realistic side of human behaviour, that there are times when we are so desperate to achieve something, we would resort to unscrupulous and extreme means before regretting much later. This is so much better than levy's cries of reuniting together.

Secondly, I like how devious Cana was. She insisted on splitting up Gray and Lucy so that they could finish the 7 kin quickly and continue the exam but in reality, she wasn't even planning to put the exam on hold temporarily. She just didn't want Gray to follow her to the grave.

Anyway, I think Cana deserves pity more than anger.

Yes, yes. I think it's a good character development as well, her being realistic, devious and all. BUT I can't help but hate her now.. Maybe that's what Mashima's up to..? to steer us to feel differently about a character.. shifting from pity to dislike? He was effective in delivering it. But gah, I really don't think Cana deserves to be S class after that.

Somebody kill her >.>

*nods* It may be a little harsh, for us to hate a character for one act after the other good things she's done on the previous arcs. But you know what? I'm kinda wishing she ends up dead now. Not entirely just because of what she did to Lucy, it's just one of many reasons. I'm kinda thinking it would be a bit more effective if she's the one who'd die, we were all expecting something will be revealed about her..that this is her arc..that she might even win...and it sort of seems she's invulnerable to death in this arc. If she dies after those revelations then it would be more unexpected than if Mira or Lucy or Makarov or anyone else died.

(Although if it was Lucy's hand in this chapter that was in Charle's vision and she didn't die, then no one might die after all? Not to be cruel but I want someone to die in this arc. Just not Mira or Lucy. Yes, it's a severe case of favoritism. lol)

Good chapter anyways! I think we got an update about how most of the main characters are doing? Everyone we thought might have died are alive. I hope Natsu finally gets really beat. Not that I like Ultear, or GH to win, but it would be so totally frustrating if Natsu beats two of 7 kins.

I like how Levy acted this chapter :) Weeee~

I'm excited.. maybe Grey's going to have a one on one battle with one of the 7. Grey, beat up Azuma please? Or maybe he realizes something's off and save Lucy. Hmm

Laxus Lightingeel
March 06, 2011, 05:38 AM
This is my first post here.
Remember how cana said that there must be a mage class S to meet him? Maybe the only rational explanation for her behavior. But who is it?
First Master FT or Zeref?
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c202/18.html
Has anyone an idea who it might be or what she so desperately wants to be a mage class S?

LoS
March 06, 2011, 05:44 AM
I know it is your first post and you are new, and I really am not trying to be mean, but both those options are terrible.

Why would she be in such desperation to see someone's grave whom has been dead for ages, and also, how would she even know about the grave in the first place?

Zeref, why would she want to see him? What connection could she possibly have, heck how would she even know he exists in the material world.

No, those choices are not very good, but regardless I am afraid Mashima will not do this portion of the story justice. Cana has made this into such a huge deal that if the answer to her determination is not something that makes sense and is vital to the story then it will just be completely underwhelming, since Cana has not derailed much of the current arc.

Shader
March 06, 2011, 07:00 AM
I liked chapter actualy....first i was thinking like FT gonna loose for sure this time..but after this "lets all unite our powers!" its a total different case...no,not becase its a friendship-no-jitsu,its becase they know what kind of ability each of the enemy have. Natsu and loki won their only case it was a perfect match (fire vs fire and spirit vs spirit) so now FT gonna assemble team to match a perfect match against em.
Oh and i liked an idea of Grey helping Natsu altough i think Zeref will be the one who finish Ultear.

miramira
March 06, 2011, 07:52 AM
This is my first post here.
Remember how cana said that there must be a mage class S to meet him? Maybe the only rational explanation for her behavior. But who is it?
First Master FT or Zeref?
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v23/c202/18.html
Has anyone an idea who it might be or what she so desperately wants to be a mage class S?

I think her reason is..

~ Probably not directly related to Mavis or Zeref, same reasons as LoS pointed out..

~ Not (intently) related to anyone from Grimoire Heart. She didn't know they'd attack during the S-class exam, she was even annoyed. Even if she pulled a Mest and turned out she knew GH would attack, it wouldn't make sense, GH didn't attack the previous 4 exams she couldn't have expected to meet them, besides if her reason is to meet anyone from GH (when they attack) she couldve been content in being a contestant or a partner. And if she just wanted to meet one of them she could've just sought them out. [I'm saying this because I saw in some blog someone thinks Kana's reason is to meet one of the GH, spe. master Hades.]

~ Could be related to an S-class mission. When she said she "needs to be an S-class to meet him".. I thought, what's the leverage of S-class mages? Certainly it's not a "social" meeting she wants. Aside from being highly respected inside the guild the one leverage of being s-class is to be able to take an S-class mission. Maybe Cana has an S-class mission she needs to take to meet someone. [This, though, may be wrong if we're going to consider that if she wants it that bad, she could have just stolen it instead of waiting to be qualified. I have no idea how hard or easy it is to steal missions though. Happy made it sound easy when he stole the Garuna island mission.]

~ If the above theory ^ is true, this person she wants to see may be someone who can track what happens in the FT guild. Since she could've just stolen the mission, this person might refuse to meet her if he knows she's not yet S-class. No idea why, but could be, if the above theory is true. Or that mission notice is super hidden somewhere she can't steal it.

~ Could be something she's been aiming for since she was a kid. I noticed that the main characters' back story (those who've been in FT since they were kids) always have their stories start when they were kids. and Kana's been there since the earliest memories of this FT generation we've been shown.

Just my two cents :)

Faust Lim
March 06, 2011, 08:22 AM
Liked this chapter, good development...i just think the rest of you are overly critical of hiro and just expect too much of him...Honestly, if you don't like the manga, you ppl can just f**k off from this thread and don't spoil others appetite, well any ideas what the next chap name: mid-day mass means, we have seen a church like building when loki fought caprico(it looked like that to me) i got a feeling we are going to see more of this "demise" thing

Jorge D. Dragon
March 06, 2011, 09:36 AM
I actually liked two things in the chapter :
1. The mystery over Cana is getting more interesting and we are going to learn rather soon what is going on.
2. Natsu is facing Ultear (who isn't only the oldest Kin, but also is the best among them). I hope we are going to see an interesting battle. Actually I don't know if I want to see Natsu bitting her by himself... I'd say it would be better if he was helped by Gray, cause he should be pretty exausted after the fight with Zancrow, so it would be just strange if he would be able to take down Ultear. Though there is also a posibility that she is actually exausted from battle against Zeref. Also Zeref helping Natsu is also an option.:)

Also there is a posibility that we are going to see Lucy against that fat guy, but I hope he will be taken out by anyone exept Lucy.:)

ghostexiled
March 06, 2011, 09:44 AM
I did not mind the outcome of this chapter.

To me it seems kinda obvious now that the person that Cana wants to see is...

Mavis.

Now as to why Cana would ditch Lucy is whole new problem.

Cana obviously is not bad or a spy... you can tell that just from the look on her face when she left Lucy.

I think that since (as of late) Lucy's spirits come and go as they please without her having to summon them... she will be saved by one.

Most likely Caprico.

Jorge D. Dragon
March 06, 2011, 10:00 AM
ghostexiled
Why do you think she wants to see Mavis?:) I can understand that he might be admired by her as the first Master of her guild or he might be even her relative, but the most important question will be how she could actually see him.:)

Also I think she might have some relative tht is rather strong mage and to face him proudly she wants to become an S-class mage. It's just a wild guess though.:)

ghostexiled
March 06, 2011, 10:08 AM
both of your comments could be combined into your answer...

Cana is related to Mavis, somehow.

It could also be the simple fact that, since Mavis died, Cana has not been able to see his/her grave to pay her respects. So "seeing" does not really mean seeing Mavis physically.

Since reaching the grave is part of the exam... this could also be her "reason" for reaching it instead and since the grave (IIRC) is the goal to the exam. We can safely say she has yet to see it.

The reason I say this was if you look at her face while Lucy is telling her about the hints of the grave... she is freaking out.

To me it just seems pretty obvious, that this is who Cana wants to see.

Ero-Sanji
March 06, 2011, 10:10 AM
To me it seems kinda obvious now that the person that Cana wants to see is...

Mavis.

Now as to why Cana would ditch Lucy is whole new problem.

Ok, but why does she need the title of S-class then? I also thought of it but I mean if it was so important why not simply ask Makarov? It's not like a big juicy secret since she explained her reasons to Lucy. I'm also curios to her connection toward Mavis if he's the one she's supposed to meet. Related perhaps? I mean we've seen her as a member even before Gray. Still I wouldn't be that satisfied if her intentions of seeing him is to prove herself worthy, especially not now since she isn't even an S-class.

But then again I don't see another reason for her to ditch Lucy and finding the grave alone. I mean just that act is rather stupid because who've said that the exam is over after that? Thus, it indicates that the grave itself is of great importance.

ghostexiled
March 06, 2011, 10:26 AM
@Ero-Sanji - all those questions could be answered by simple Shounen rules.

*The goal to the exam is the grave = becoming an S-Class.

*Why not ask Makrov = if she is not strong enough to make it there herself, then she is not worthy.

*Intentions of seeing Mavis = great question! Maybe she feels betrayed by him dying somehow. Maybe if he is a relative, then he sacrificed himself for the guild. Which in turn made young Cana mad and upset...

*ditching Lucy = she wanted to deal with the situation herself without Lucy poking her nose into it.

*Why ditch Lucy after telling her the story of why she needs S-Class = she never thought that she would get as far as she has in the exam... plus wasn't she drunk? :p

Bonus note - maybe this whole ordeal is the reason she drinks all the time. Because it is so painful for her to deal with sober. :)

Jorge D. Dragon
March 06, 2011, 10:30 AM
ghostexiled
That's a good explanation actually.:) It won't be bad if it actually happens to be the truth.:) Though there is still a posibility that there is someone else aside from FT related mages that she needs to facer being an S-class mage.:)

deffkryz
I thought of this.:) It would be actually one of the most plausible versions.:) Especially if he was her grand grandfather.:)

Faust Lim
March 06, 2011, 10:30 AM
I don't think kana wants to see mavis, because kana has been trying for 4 years to become s-class before each time failing and the exam was held in different places each time...Well, lets look at the facts for a moment, kana is the oldest member, was a good girl turn alcohol addict and has been trying to be s-class for several years.
My theory is that she left home at a young age becos she fell out with her s-class dad, and went to fairy tail, years later, her s-class dad dies, thus she becomes a alcohol addict, and she want to be and s-class mage to be able see him again in pride...(just a theory, quite far-fetched in fact)

ghostexiled
March 06, 2011, 10:35 AM
Well to counter you stating that the exam has been held in different places... could be answered by the fact once you become an S-Class member you have access to Fairy Island without having to do an exam there.

Also... the locations could cycle out each year. Meaning that if she fails the FT Island exam, it would have to cycle thru the other locations again before falling back on FT Island.

So maybe the first time she did it was at FT Island... and since then failing each time has made her state that if she can't clear FT Island this time, then she gives up.

All theories of course. :)

Sollum
March 06, 2011, 10:37 AM
*Intentions of seeing Mavis = great question! Maybe she feels betrayed by him dying somehow. Maybe if he is a relative, then he sacrificed himself for the guild. Which in turn made young Cana mad and upset...

There's one question i have about this.

How old is Cana then?

Makarov was ~40 when Purehito was ~80
Makarov is now like what, ~60?

Let's make a blind guess, that Mavis gave the lead of the guild to Purehito when he was ~80 and Purehito was ~40.

So if Cana is mad about Purehito leaving the guild, she had to be a thinking child by that moment, by the age of lets say ~10 yrs old. So my guess would be that she should be ~70 by now

ghostexiled
March 06, 2011, 10:41 AM
^Well remember that she could still be related to him by being a great great grand daughter.

Also FT has proved that people/mages can live for a good while... ex. = Hades.

So Mavis could of held onto the Guild longer than Hades did and also could of still been around FT well after handing it over to him too.

Hades made his decision to leave the guild... where Mavis could of just stepped down and retired... but still be around the guild to help out.

Another point to make is there is no "rule" stating that children must be born by a certain time in ones life. So Mavis could of had a family later in life and same with his children - ie = Cana's parents.

So it is more than feasible to have Cana 18 and still have known Mavis personally. :)

Ero-Sanji
March 06, 2011, 10:43 AM
@Ero-Sanji - all those questions could be answered by simple Shounen rules.

*The goal to the exam is the grave = becoming an S-Class.

*Why not ask Makrov = if she is not strong enough to make it there herself, then she is not worthy.

*ditching Lucy = she wanted to deal with the situation herself without Lucy poking her nose into it.

*Why ditch Lucy after telling her the story of why she needs S-Class = she never thought that she would get as far as she has in the exam... plus wasn't she drunk? :p

Bonus note - maybe this whole ordeal is the reason she drinks all the time. Because it is so painful for her to deal with sober. :)

1. Actually, yes, the goal to the exam is the grave but nowhere does it state that finding it makes you an S-class. It was just the second part as Lucy narrated.

2. I find this part funny. It wouldn't surprise me if she came up with that argument but she didn't make it without Lucy's help making it invalid in the end.

3. Mavis was the founder, no? Purehito left the guild for over forty years ago if I'm not mistaken meaning that Mavis has been dead for over four decades. However she might want to prove to him that she's worthy of carrying his blood.

Another thing to take notice of is how this exam was placed at Tenrou island. Meaning that the previous ones were done elsewhere further indicating that it's not about Mavis and just the title. I mean why would she otherwise participate in the previous four?

ghostexiled
March 06, 2011, 11:02 AM
Maybe Mavis is not related to Cana, maybe she wants to see him because he knows about some details that were lost from his time till now.

Hopefully this is not true... but maybe Mavis is Zeref. Hades did it, why not Mavis too? :p

With looking over the chapter again... I think that Gray may be the one to save Lucy. He looked like he didn't trust Cana's suggestion, especially after being one to state he was against the idea.

The "Lucy boob grab" situation could of been used by Cana to distract both Lucy and Gray from the suggestion. I mean it has been stated that Gray finds Lucy attractive... what better way to "distract" someone like that? :D

Plus Cana topped it off by questioning Gray's manhood... ouch!

saya1987
March 06, 2011, 11:20 AM
No, Cana used a "sleep" card on Lucy without her noticing. Lucy's probably too engrossed in telling the story. Lucy wasn't knocked out, she fell asleep. Notice the "zzz" in her panels?

Personally, I don't think Gray will save Lucy. There's too many kins on the island and yet so few FT members (who are not seriously injured) to fight against them. Note that azuma and rusty rose are still running around and that zancrow will probably wake up in mean time and join the rest in hunting down FT members. If Gray were to save Lucy, who else will fight the rest? As cliche as it is, I think Gray will fight rusty rose.

However, there's a higher possbility of Caprico appearing again to save Lucy. All he suffered was a punch from loki which shouldn't be much of an injury. Furthermore, he was charged with regulus which means that he should be more powerful now. It's a wonder why he even bothered to go back to spirit world to "recover".

As for Lucy's explanation on the grave, I'm amused! Like I said, she's LUCKY lucy and that throughout the manga, the weird things she comes up with always comes true. Remember the edolas arc where she said smth along the lines of finding an amusement park in the palace. Well, it came true, didn't it?

ghostexiled
March 06, 2011, 11:26 AM
Well there is nothing stating that both Gray and Caprico could show up to help.

Also it would not be out of touch to have another Kin show up as well.

Then again Gray could be on his way to help but run into a Kin before reaching Lucy.

I personally am in favor of Caprico fighting Kain... but it still would have the "Hoteye" situation written all over it. :s

EDIT: @saya1987 - saw the card just mind farted on it. :p

So edited out that part in my post.

Saifi
March 06, 2011, 12:22 PM
GOd i hate cana , she is a bit** , and what will she do if lucy gets kidnapped or raped , that would seriously make the manga more darker than anyone could care to see though, but seriously leaving lucy in that state is such a low low thing to do i hope she (cana) doesnt just fail the S class test but also gets kicked outta FT.

but yes hopefully caprico will come and fight an ex guildie and also wonder how much of a pain it is to be one of lucy's steller spirits

ofcourse there is no way lucy would die but she could definately be kidnapped/molested

also @ ghostexiled . u are worried about "crude" comments on a situation that was a cliffhanger as well as meant to be crude by the author in the manga itself , not to mention part of a chapter that had a girl grab another's boob to distract a fellow guildie? i dont think any crude comment would be out of place when discussing an intentionally sugesstive chapter about crude stuff!

ghostexiled
March 06, 2011, 12:30 PM
Crude comments is referring to people talking about Lucy getting raped... sexually.

This is a shounen NOT a seinin... so NO there is no justification for posting such comments.

There is a lot of stuff going on in this chapter and for someone to leave nothing but perverted and crude comments about ONE page is not acceptable.

I also seriously doubt that when the situation with Lucy and Kain picks back up... that he is going to try and grope/rape her.

I do not believe that the author drew that scene in hopes of making readers think that Kain was going to rape Lucy. -_-;

In Mashima's history of doing manga... he has not once had a character do such things.

If we switched out Lucy for say Gray... then people would not think Gray was going to have something "sexual" happen to him. Even if they did, they would not be as inclined to post about it as they would with Lucy being there.

The "boob grab" could be seen as a plot device, by which I stated already in a previous post.

Anything more on this topic can be said by PMing me.

saya1987
March 06, 2011, 01:07 PM
Firstly, even if Cana manages to become S-class, she will probably decline it in the end as she would feel guilty for putting lucy in danger. Probably at this point in time, she didn't expect/(didn't want to consider the possibility of)lucy meeting an enemy that soon. It's like betting against the odds, you know it's risky and yet, you are desperate enough to give it a shot.

Secondly, I don't think Cana will be expelled from the guild. Lucy will probably plead for her.

wooticus
March 06, 2011, 01:31 PM
well cana seems to not have understand what it means to be s class at all.. but well.. mashima has to show her that way so she can come back and actually learn doint the right thing later on.. but i still wait for her to show the actual strength to be s-class mage. i understand that she couldn't do anything against caprico because he could weaken her magic. but she has to shine.

as for natsu and ultear.. well it will be a bit of a funny three way when zeref awakes.

ca12nag3
March 06, 2011, 02:07 PM
Firstly, even if Cana manages to become S-class, she will probably decline it in the end as she would feel guilty for putting lucy in danger. Probably at this point in time, she didn't expect/(didn't want to consider the possibility of)lucy meeting an enemy that soon. It's like betting against the odds, you know it's risky and yet, you are desperate enough to give it a shot.

Secondly, I don't think Cana will be expelled from the guild. Lucy will probably plead for her.

Im not so sure about the plead thing. Cana might have a good reason to *ditch* lucy for her goal, and i dont think its just about S-Class since we forget you and your partner work towards that goal to become a S-Class. So dropping Lucy here wouldnt make sense, shes on her team.
So there has to be a second reason. Something Lucy must not witness/see or know.

Another thing is Laxus didnt get to stay in FT either no matter how much Natsu and others pleaded for him.
Putting your own guildmembers in harms way by default is forbidden and can only be punished by expelling the mage.

Its not btw that Cana wouldnt have a good reason but it got to be a hell of a good reason to leave Lucy behind. If for example Cana wants to do something that is lifethreatening and could get Lucy killed for example might be a good reason.
Other then that there is no good reason at all.

Nonlife
March 06, 2011, 02:12 PM
well cana seems to not have understand what it means to be s class at all.. but well.. mashima has to show her that way so she can come back and actually learn doint the right thing later on.. but i still wait for her to show the actual strength to be s-class mage. i understand that she couldn't do anything against caprico because he could weaken her magic. but she has to shine.

as for natsu and ultear.. well it will be a bit of a funny three way when zeref awakes.

I think she's more concerned with the person she can't until she becomes an S-Class; it's like one of those "iron-clad" promises/agreements. After all that's occuring, I'm gonna be mighty pissed if the person she wants to see isn't worth abandoning Lucy in the worst possible situation.

*Kudos to Levy for showing her guts/courage!

Jorge D. Dragon
March 06, 2011, 02:42 PM
If Cana actually manages to become S-class mage it would be one of the biggest dissapointments in FT.:) Something worse would be Lucy or Levy becoming S-class in this arc.:)
Actually I understand that S-class mage should be intelligent, experienced and be capable to work in team, but obviously the only one of the company that was tested to become S-class only Natsu deserved S-class going by power. I like Gray, but still he lacks practically in everything to become S-class and he even can't back it with power.

ca12nag3
March 06, 2011, 02:53 PM
If Cana actually manages to become S-class mage it would be one of the biggest dissapointments in FT.:) Something worse would be Lucy or Levy becoming S-class in this arc.:)
Actually I understand that S-class mage should be intelligent, experienced and be capable to work in team, but obviously the only one of the company that was tested to become S-class only Natsu deserved S-class going by power. I like Gray, but still he lacks practically in everything to become S-class and he even can't back it with power.

Your way to easy with putting Natsu up for S-Class.

His power is great and has the highest potential but his rash actions and lack of inteligence now and then realy make him unfit.
I only remember 3 moments he actualy used inteligence to beat his oponent.

-remembering what Macao said when fighting Erigor. (bending his flame)
-toppeling the temple so the moondrip wouldnt reach the bottom.
-When beating the Flame mage of Phantom and stopping Jupiter like that.

All his other fights he won by luck or aid from another mage. Or in some cases by trying things out... seriously a S-Class does not try things out. At least Gildarts,Mystogan,Laxus,Mira and Erza never just try things out or go for luck. They analize their oponent and then use whatever they got to beat it.

Just take Erza vs Midnight for example she analized all his abilities and came with an answer without just roaring stomping and smashing around like Natsu would have done.

So far Natsu just learned 1 lesson, from Gildarts. This does not make him S-Class.

Jorge D. Dragon
March 06, 2011, 03:08 PM
ca12nag3
I'm trying to say that among all the candidates he is the most sutable overall.:) I understand that he lacks plenty of things, but still he is the best among those children.:)

P.S. I wouldn't put Mirajane as example. Actually for now she is the weakest of S-class mages and Natsu actually can take her if she isn't pissed of like she was against Fried or Asuma.:)

ghostexiled
March 06, 2011, 04:00 PM
I am leaning more towards Levy now becoming the next S-class mage... just because she has shown that things can be accomplished by working together.

Where everyone else has been kinda selfish in moving forward.

That is why under different circumstances Fried would of also been a great consideration.

Doing something I don't really like doing... I see a similarity in what is going on with something that happened in "Naruto" that I feel may get a point across.

The example is that the main character did not and has not advanced in rank... while all his friends have. This however does not define him and he still gets major things done without having the advanced rank.

This goes to show that just because you are one of the 2 main characters... doesn't really translate as you being the best to move higher in rank.

Ca12nag3 has a point... Natsu needs to learn to accomplish things on his own and show that he has the mind to fight beyond just throwing himself at the enemy.

The first lesson to this advancement has been learned from Gildartz.

I have a feeling that he may learn more from his fights with Ultear and Hades.

Btw, I wouldn't consider Mira weak... I would classify her as being rusty. :)

She was once Erza's rival, before Lisanna disappeared... I think she still is (in strength). But since she is no longer the hot head that she was, people take that as her being weaker.

ca12nag3
March 06, 2011, 06:09 PM
I am leaning more towards Levy now becoming the next S-class mage... just because she has shown that things can be accomplished by working together.

Where everyone else has been kinda selfish in moving forward.

That is why under different circumstances Fried would of also been a great consideration.

Doing something I don't really like doing... I see a similarity in what is going on with something that happened in "Naruto" that I feel may get a point across.

The example is that the main character did not and has not advanced in rank... while all his friends have. This however does not define him and he still gets major things done without having the advanced rank.

This goes to show that just because you are one of the 2 main characters... doesn't really translate as you being the best to move higher in rank.

Ca12nag3 has a point... Natsu needs to learn to accomplish things on his own and show that he has the mind to fight beyond just throwing himself at the enemy.

The first lesson to this advancement has been learned from Gildartz.

I have a feeling that he may learn more from his fights with Ultear and Hades.

Btw, I wouldn't consider Mira weak... I would classify her as being rusty. :)

She was once Erza's rival, before Lisanna disappeared... I think she still is (in strength). But since she is no longer the hot head that she was, people take that as her being weaker.

im curious about that, she changed into being the soft and kind person for Lisanna and everyone else. So far we only saw Elfman get some kind of reconciliation about his part in the near death of Lisanna. He also regained his powers. However Mira regained it in a rage of anger and the desperation about what Fried did.
Now im wondering how much Mira actualy locked herself away in order to become the docile self she is now.
And perhaps in the future well see her explode and show her true self again?

About Levy well she has all the makeup of being a top mage, solving puzzles is her thing and she can think quick, like giveing the Iron with the heart to Gajeel so he could eat.
Her weak point is her battle strength but im convinced she can just win her fights the smart way and perhaps your right and she will be the next S-Class ^^

ghostexiled
March 06, 2011, 06:49 PM
Plus, if this is going where I think it is with Levy... I see her as a "Master Mind" for battles.

Meaning that she could come up with attack formations and tactics for the FT members that she is currently with, helping them do just as she stated they needed to do... fight as one.

We know that she can think quickly under pressure and this gives her an incredible edge over say another FT member that punches first and asks questions later. :)

There is nothing saying that you have to be a brute fighter to be an S-Class Mage....even though the current ones don't really help prove my point. :p

Nonlife
March 06, 2011, 07:26 PM
I've seen my share of "gluttonous" characters - maybe this member of Grimoire Heart can absorb MASSIVe amounts of magic.

Kuzumikun
March 06, 2011, 09:31 PM
Plus, if this is going where I think it is with Levy... I see her as a "Master Mind" for battles.

Meaning that she could come up with attack formations and tactics for the FT members that she is currently with, helping them do just as she stated they needed to do... fight as one.

We know that she can think quickly under pressure and this gives her an incredible edge over say another FT member that punches first and asks questions later. :)

There is nothing saying that you have to be a brute fighter to be an S-Class Mage....even though the current ones don't really help prove my point. :p

i like where your head is at C:
Levy as the new S-Ranked Mage...hmmm i can see that happening and her giving them strategy and all that

DGMADN
March 06, 2011, 09:47 PM
yeah- not really a big fan of Cana right now. She's still doing the test thing when 1) the official moderator is out cold 2) most of the other candidates are knocked out 3) a major dark guild is about to rip through FT 4) the evilest mage in all of history is about to be awakened.
Not saying FT hasn't had a history of S-Class mages being jackasses (*cough* laxus *cough*); but the woman doesn't have her priorities straight.

bittman
March 06, 2011, 09:51 PM
No offence but those results would literally make me cry. Natsu shouldn't even be on the same league as Ultear and beating her now after such a drain from his previous battle would really suck. I can however see both Lucy and Grey win their fights and Erza of course but Gildartz beating Hades? Nah, I don't think so. Azuma is also still on the run and could inflict some serious damage taking out all the trash.

(delayed response) No offence taken, because the results I posted would literally make me cry also. However, arc is too long for Fairy Tail to lose, it's how Shonen's work unfortunately.

Arc should have ended 5 chapters ago if it had any hope of building up Grimoire Heart as a force to fight in the future. Even if the "future" was like 5 chapters later.

LoS
March 06, 2011, 10:39 PM
yep, a few of the posters here have realized this and after reading this chapter they had reason to be upset. This chapter was literally the punctuation toward FT winning despite all odds, hence Mira and everyone else being revealed to be alive.

It's a shame, what could have been, GH trouncing them and moving on forcing FT to deal with the cards they had been dealt in order to grow and mature, but nope, instead we have this massive arc(probably will be 35+ chapters) where all things will work out for the good guys.

Kuzumikun
March 07, 2011, 12:11 AM
no offense to natsu or anything but like if natsu wins against ultear...taht's just unreal
and he can barley beat urtear before
even though he's gotten stronger it doesn't mean he can just beat her...
unless he finds her weakness or something i dunno i just dun wanna see natsu win against another kin ESPECIALLY Ultear
also wonder if erza and juvia are going to win against meldy...
im guessing they are, but juvia will probably get badly hurt or something so erza can go one on one with meldy seems like all the battles end up to be one on one
of course the exception of elfman and evergreen

DGMADN
March 07, 2011, 12:22 AM
no offense to natsu or anything but like if natsu wins against ultear...taht's just unreal
and he can barley beat urtear before
even though he's gotten stronger it doesn't mean he can just beat her...

What I'm thinking we'll see is Zeref waking up and beating ultear after Natsu gets his a$$ handed to him. Kinda showing us that Zeref isn't fully "awakened" and still has some conscience for good.

But as for who I believe has been proving themselves to be S-Class quality: I'll have to agree with Ghost in that Freid has been quite noble. Levy has been skilled at rallying folks and providing real assistance. Heck, even Elfman has shown to be using his mind and teamwork to take the enemy down; even though he and ever still had a tower fall on em.

saya1987
March 07, 2011, 12:33 AM
may be zeref will wake up in the midst of the battle and accidentally injure either both natsu and ultear or just leash out on ultear. If natsu is going to win, it's probably because someone is helping him again. There's also the possbility of smth interupting the fight such that the outcome is undetermined.

As for Erza, I want her to win!

Btw, did Kain grow enormously huge? Initially, I thought he became a giant but in another forum, someone said that he was tall to begin with...

Kuzumikun
March 07, 2011, 12:59 AM
yeah actually i can see natsu winning by something happening or someone helping him XD
lets hope a stellar spirit can help lucy while shes sleeping or else shes doomed
unless cana comes back or something which i doubt it

MechR
March 07, 2011, 01:14 AM
yep, a few of the posters here have realized this and after reading this chapter they had reason to be upset. This chapter was literally the punctuation toward FT winning despite all odds, hence Mira and everyone else being revealed to be alive.

It's a shame, what could have been, GH trouncing them and moving on forcing FT to deal with the cards they had been dealt in order to grow and mature, but nope, instead we have this massive arc(probably will be 35+ chapters) where all things will work out for the good guys.
You pessimists sure get on my nerves.

FT's still got nobody who stands a chance against Hades, and we still don't know what his actual plans for Zeref are. To progress the main plot, it's a given that Hades will successfully acquire and unlock Zeref. The question is which of them comes out on top after that, but either way, FT loses.

LoS
March 07, 2011, 01:50 AM
it's a given that Hades will successfully acquire and unlock Zeref. The question is which of them comes out on top after that, but either way, FT loses.

Lol, this could have happened ages ago. Any minute now Hades could literally saunter over to Urtear and decide to head back to the ship. Now, we all know that wont be happening. Instead everything is drawn out having FT fight tough battle somehow survive and get up to fight again.

Once GH invaded the island and their goal was made clear it should have been obvious they would make way with Zeref, even before we saw how strong Hades was. After his display of power though we all knew not only would they make off with Zeref, but they would be winning their battles. Nothing has come as a surprise, everyone surviving is just shounen law.

I don't consider FT losing by just having Makarov die and GH make off with Zeref, because both were givens at the onset of the arc. Instead more should happen, and if it doesn't it will definitely be a let down.

FT's still got nobody who stands a chance against Hades

I will let you in on a little secret, this has never meant 2 shits in this story.

miramira
March 07, 2011, 03:41 AM
Ok guys sorry if this has been posted before, browser's not working properly I can't read the post but I can hit buttons like "New Reply" lol.

Anyway! I think my friend just noticed something important.

About Lucy and Kana before they split up w/ Gray and formed 2 groups.

We're not very sure yet but it could be a spoiler, so:

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/225/3

Look at the first panel, Kana's hand is groping Lucy's chest so I kinda felt eww and rushed reading those panels. But my friend though it suspicious and looked...

On the second panel, Kana's hand was resting on Lucy's key holder!

Could it be that she pretended to grope her to steal the keys?

Shoot. If she stole Lucy's keys... and left her alone unconcious, in a not so safe place, shoot! I totally think she needs to be expelled! Whatever her reasons are it's not right to leave your comrade so defenseless!

How can Lucy fight now when she wakes up? with just her whip...

damn Kana! It really looks to us like she stole the keys!! *cries*

saya1987
March 07, 2011, 03:46 AM
nah, Cana could've easily stolen Lucy's keys when she's asleep.

miramira
March 07, 2011, 04:13 AM
^yes I thought that too
But maybe she didn't plan on making her sleep?
At the time she did that she doesn't know yet what Lucy knows, (or if she really figured out something important?)
Something might have changed in her plans with what Lucy told her. She looked shocked.
Idk, but it could explain her weird behavior, touching Lucy like that.

saya1987
March 07, 2011, 06:42 AM
nah, I think Cana molesting Lucy was just comic relief before her act of betrayal.

ghostexiled
March 07, 2011, 06:53 AM
I will quote myself from a few posts back... cause I believe that situation served a purpose beyond its humor. It was a ploy to get her way...

The "Lucy boob grab" situation could of been used by Cana to distract both Lucy and Gray from the suggestion. I mean it has been stated that Gray finds Lucy attractive... what better way to "distract" someone like that? :D

Plus Cana topped it off by questioning Gray's manhood... ouch!

It has been a weapon that woman have utilized many times against men in other stories. :p

LoS
March 07, 2011, 07:03 AM
Something sort of peculiar here, check out the middle right panel on this page and let me know what you see. (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/31607823/15)

In case you don't notice
If you remove the rightmost vertical pillar it is two grave crosses side by side, and Gazelle and Mira are both slumbering side by side. Now not saying this is foreshadowing or anything, and probably not even intended by Mashima, but it's a nifty coincidence.
~I had thought of that back when I first read the chapter... I thought they were what you see them to be.~Ghost

miramira
March 07, 2011, 08:22 AM
@ saya 1987
Well, yeah, it could be nothing. But it's possible..that pose was suspicious ^_^ It would be awful if it's true.

@ ghostexiled
Haha, yep. It's been used many times. And it's most often effective. :D

@ LoS
That's scary T_T I didn't notice it though. I simply thought of it as ruins of their..tent?

saya1987
March 07, 2011, 11:30 AM
Did Kain grow enormously huge? Initially, I thought he became a giant but in another forum, someone said that he was tall to begin with...

Sollum
March 07, 2011, 12:12 PM
^ It's optical illusion. You are being tricked by the angle.

But you can easily compare him with the bush next to him, and how tall is tree in the background.

wooticus
March 07, 2011, 01:08 PM
@ LoS:

at one hand this is kind of scary.. on the other i don't think it's intended. i must admit i don't know whether crosses are often used in japanese culture /mangas as a sign of death.. and if mashima does..

but well, i do think that one of the dragon slayers will die before the great battle against zeref

edit: well after watching levy i start to believe that this arc will end with some major fairy tail "unit your feelings" stuff

Razh
March 07, 2011, 02:28 PM
edit: well after watching levy i start to believe that this arc will end with some major fairy tail "unit your feelings" stuff

Yeah, there's no way in hell that uniting to battle together could actually be a good tactical idea?

As for that wooden fence, I doubt it's intentional. Seeing Gazille and Mira alive after surviving those wounds seems like a bad moment to foreshadow their deaths.

Sollum
March 07, 2011, 03:01 PM
Isn't this type of manga meant to be One Emotional Man Army With Rage As Catalyst To Uber Powers? (EMAWRACTUP for shorter)

I doubt that "teams" will be formed.

I'd compare Natsu to Goku from DBZ, both dumb as hell, both strong. So i think Natsu can stop "leveling" his brains entirely :D

White Silver King
March 07, 2011, 04:26 PM
I know we're not supposed to relate FT to other mange (for whatever reason) but can you imagine what Sanji from OP would do if he saw Cana's move on Lucy? I think he'd die from the blood loss lmao.

Anyway, I'm almost positive Gray is gonna be the one to fight Kain. Maybe Kain has like a bottomless pit stomach magic that he can eat and maybe suck up anything (think a combo of Gluttony from FMA and Miroku from InuYasha).

1337 haxor
March 07, 2011, 06:20 PM
I must say this chapter was weird and that this arc could have turned out better even tough it's not bad so far.

To be honest I think Mashima made a huge mistake, he put too many people in the seven kin and he didn't know what to do with some of them.

I will keep my mouth shut about Hikaru whilist we don't see what he does, however the only ones that kept up with their hype so far are Ultear, Meredy, Azuma and Rustyrose.

What is really wrong about this chapter is that everyone turned out to be allright without much sense.

I mean, sure if they survived they would be shown off again but from were the hell those people crawled from after being exploded?

It felt a too rushed.

On the other hand we have Levy going Gung-ho and that alone worths the chapter.

ghostexiled
March 07, 2011, 08:02 PM
Well everyone has survived their respective battles due to "shounen law".

I don't have any issue with it... as long as those that are down atm, stay down till this arc concludes. Then we can count it as a lose for FT.

This arc maybe running long... but be thankful that Mashima does not decide to just crap on overall story and character development like some other series have done when things start to drag.

Off topic note @ White Silver King - The reason we try and keep the comparing down to a minimum is because doing so can cause members to do nothing but discuss said other manga(s) instead of this one. This thread and section are for FT discussion... if one feels so inclined to start comparing this series to another, you can do so in the general section of this site.

luffyg2
March 07, 2011, 11:09 PM
Looks like lucy's hand was the one in the premonition... anyway I'm a little disappointed that Cana is doing this, I know she want to become an S class mage but if the others are dead and FT is no more than it serve no purpose to finished the test...

nanoclarkology
March 08, 2011, 12:02 AM
Cana is going to resurrect Mavis.

Natsu is not going to win against Urtear.

Lucy is not in danger.

Makarov is going to die, to much foreshadowing with the premonition, Hades kicking butt, Wendy not healing, and Luxus feeling the torch pass to him.

Is it me or does Levy and Cana have similar magics?

Gray is going to meet Rusty Rose.

miramira
March 08, 2011, 12:45 AM
Cana is going to resurrect Mavis.

Yes, it appears so...

If we were right about her stealing Lucy's keys, and that she is going to resurrect Mavis, it could be something that could help resurrect Mavis. I don't know why but it reminded me about the "key" the GH were talking about that they need to wake Zeref.. could be one of Lucy's keys (that Cana might have stolen).. Maybe because I've always suspected that Mavis = Zeref. But IF she is trying to resurrect Mavis, I don't know how to connect it to her needing an S-class rank.

Can somebody recall a 7 kin saying they already have the key to wake Zeref? It might be Urtear, but my memory of it is hazy...

-Ken-
March 08, 2011, 02:02 AM
Can Mavis beat Hades? I know he should be strong. But there is a big gap between Markarov and Hades. And Markarov is no where near the word weak.

saya1987
March 08, 2011, 08:18 AM
Hi, I just saw this in another forum which was extracted from FT wiki. Basically, it is about some of Hiro's thoughts in the possess of creating this arc.

The inner cover of Volume 24 included many S-Class material that was originally planned, remained, and/or cut out:
Natsu and Happy's potential opponent had also included Gray and Loke before settling on Gildarts.

Mirajane was suppose to have won between Elfman and Evergreen.

Cana and Lucy beating Freed and Bixlow was planned out, along with the battle between Juvia and Lisanna with Erza.

Gajeel and Levy were suppose to fight Mest and Wendy, with the latter team winning the battle.

The Killing Wizard was not suppose to be Zeref, but had quite a few other names, including 'Touma', 'Mafuyu', 'Fuyuki', etc. But Death Magic remained.

Cana suddenly snuck out of the team and worked alone for personal reason. Lucy went to find Cana for that reason.

Gray participating the exam for the second time.

Some info regarding Makarov's would die in the battle was circled, but parts about him dying was blurred. Whether this will occur or not will be revealed in the future.

The Island contained the secrets of Fairy Tail, and may be revealed in the course of battle.

I'm glad that Hiro didn't make Natsu fight Gray and Loke in the end. The last point sparked an interest in me. Remember how marakov panicked over his son's knowledge of FT secrets? I wonder what they could be. Some people have speculated that Cana may be searching for the secrets but i doubt so.

nanoclarkology
March 08, 2011, 08:34 AM
I wonder if Cana actually tried to pass her first S-class mission. Which was on FT island. But she went up against, idk luxus, gildartz, erza, etc, and didn't pass. Then failed three more times almost on purpose until she got back to the island. I think it would of been obvious to Makarov but who knows in the end. Unless I have it wrong and this is her fourth time. can't remember but either way I think she had a personal need to get back to the island. Maybe she has some forbidden magic and will rsurrect Mavis.

saya1987
March 08, 2011, 08:39 AM
If I remembered correctly, this was her fifth since she failed 4 times. Anyway, I doubt she has forbidden magic and can't fathom why she even wants to resurrect Mavis. She has probably not met him before.

ca12nag3
March 08, 2011, 08:48 AM
She needs to meet someone for a personal reason,

So what could that be?
We know nothing about her at all except her magical abilities and drinking habit. Also shes always alone. Her only close person is actualy Macao.

-She could be wanting to see a sibling?
-After 1 of her parents?
-searching for a potential killer of her parents?
-partner/lover?

Anything else would only be a downgrade of the 4 i just mentioned. And certainly does not include a need to ditch Lucy.

Perhaps shes indeed after resurecting Mavis but that would be perhaps a grandparent? Cana is to young to have been close with Mavis. We see her as the same age as Mira and Erza so.

Another posibility is that she wants to use a ability only Mavis has to ressurect someone or find someone else.

And its likely that Cana never managed to get past the first stage of the trial so never got the 2nd quest.

Nonlife
March 08, 2011, 04:22 PM
She needs to meet someone for a personal reason,

So what could that be?
We know nothing about her at all except her magical abilities and drinking habit. Also shes always alone. Her only close person is actualy Macao.

-She could be wanting to see a sibling?
-After 1 of her parents?
-searching for a potential killer of her parents?
-partner/lover?

Anything else would only be a downgrade of the 4 i just mentioned. And certainly does not include a need to ditch Lucy.

Perhaps shes indeed after resurecting Mavis but that would be perhaps a grandparent? Cana is to young to have been close with Mavis. We see her as the same age as Mira and Erza so.

Another posibility is that she wants to use a ability only Mavis has to ressurect someone or find someone else.

And its likely that Cana never managed to get past the first stage of the trial so never got the 2nd quest.

Whoever it is, better be worth (I'm sure) for Cana to risk everything when one of the top Dark Guild's on the island. (I think there's a third one; but it may not be as powerful as Grimoire Heart.)

Lee-tyme7
March 09, 2011, 05:24 PM
I wonder if Mavis really is in route E? But we just saw Natsu enter that way and nothing was in there except Guildartz.

I have a feeling that Levi will be the top pick to win S-Class for suggesting the guild to regroup. Sometimes when the mission is compromised it's best to retreat and regroup for a counter-attack.

My prediction:
Natsu will lay a hard hit on Ultear but the battle interrupted by Hades.

Erza will beat the little girl.

Grey will return to check up on Lucy/Cana and battle the fat guy.

1337 haxor
March 09, 2011, 07:34 PM
To make it short:

-Hikaru will fall for Lucy and won't be able to hurt her.

-Natsu will experience some wacko psychoative parallel time trasition with Ultear teasing him until he breaks free (out of friendship power) and lays down a critical hit on Ultear.

-Juvia will be knocked out while Erza fights Meredy to a draw.

-Cana will reveal that her goal is not to become an S-Class mage but rather to find Mavis grave and do something related to it.

Changing subjects I think that Ultear's lost magic side effects are related to those multiple timelines poping up in her mind.

She might be constantly driven to the edge of insanity from witnessing every possible tragic outcome plunged against all the happy ones.

I believe she clinges desperately to the timeline where she ends happily as Zeref's queen in a dark world of peace and ironfisted rulership.

I also think that Rustyrose's flaw is that if he doesn't keep his powers in check he will end up consumed by something his imagination spawns.

That would be his perfect weakness, he can only imagine so much as he can control and if he gets into a nightmare or has a stroke that pictures something that could terrorize him he will lose control and get killed by his summon.

saya1987
March 09, 2011, 09:01 PM
may be lucy will wake up in time to fight kain or may be kain will attack her until she wakes up and fight him.

ca12nag3
March 10, 2011, 03:22 PM
Every chapter seems to jump from character to character, we only get glimps of camp every chapter but apart from that its a wait and see whos next.

White Silver King
March 10, 2011, 07:20 PM
-Natsu will experience some wacko psychoative parallel time trasition with Ultear teasing him until he breaks free (out of friendship power) and lays down a critical hit on Ultear.
:mad:fail:arro:pwnge:guns:chair:box:cussing:rtfm:laser:nerve:rant:shakefist:smack:yelling:fishslap:bash:wall-_-;

I think that sums up what I think of that. For him to land even a hit on Ultear would be completely ridiculous! He already beat Zancrow (which he shouldn't have been able to do at all) and now it seems he's gonna actually fight the strongest member of GH (except for Hades)?! Mashima's really pissing me off.

ghostexiled
March 10, 2011, 07:52 PM
I seriously doubt that Natsu will be able to do much of anything to Ultear. Also, I have had a pretty good feeling that Zancrow is not done for either.

Before we all start in on condemning Mashima... lets all take a breath and see how things play out.

Once the arc is done... then we can express our disappointment over how things went down. :)

ca12nag3
March 10, 2011, 08:23 PM
Im far from disapointed :D. But i must say the fight with Caprico was rushed.

Ultear seems off the charts strong with her time magic. Im not sure how Natsu could counter it. Perhaps Zeref knows a way to. So they could team up?

Levi and the others i seriously doubt they can put up a fight or well maybe if they add magic to magic like combining abilities they might outwitt a 7kin.

I got most faith in Erza and her abilities, together with Juvia they might be able to defeat that girl. However since Ultear seems so close to her i dunno if Ultear might jump in and ruin a possible victory.
Perhaps shed abandon fighting Natsu if so?
[hr]

:mad:fail:arro:pwnge:guns:chair:box:cussing:rtfm:laser:nerve:rant:shakefist:smack:yelling:fishslap:bash:wall-_-;

I think that sums up what I think of that. For him to land even a hit on Ultear would be completely ridiculous! He already beat Zancrow (which he shouldn't have been able to do at all) and now it seems he's gonna actually fight the strongest member of GH (except for Hades)?! Mashima's really pissing me off.

Btw you realy think Ultear would actualy defeat Natsu as final delivary? This manga aint called Grimoire Hearts but Fairy Tail :D

I dont see Natsu defeat her as in a genuine victory, she might retreat or fix on another target as i mentioned above.
Also ive never seen Natsu beat up a real girl yet. And all girls pwn him. Erza did ^^

Another thing. Heroes dont blow up girls :D they tap them in the neck or slight punch m k.o. or hold m down.
So he wont torch Ultear.

Sollum
March 11, 2011, 05:39 PM
"Ability to imagine parallel universe"... this is so wrong...

Yet i think that Natsu shall prevail! With the help of Zeref of course.

I am so against this "parallel universe" theory... "every possible action shall happen". So basically in one of the universes Natsu is a real person and opens a portal to our dimension so he could smack Mashima for making him look so dumb >.>

Nonlife
March 11, 2011, 06:58 PM
Well, I hope the "Gluttony" member of Grimoire Heart lasts longer than one/two chapters. (Does anyone think Mashima will include "footnotes" about his experience from the earthquake?)

White Silver King
March 11, 2011, 07:03 PM

I think this was a mistranslation. The wiki explains it much better (in a not so haxxy way). She creates more orbs (either through her bracelet thing or magic) and can move them in every possible direction since she could throw them in any direction. I like to think of it like Naruto's Rasenshuriken.

ghostexiled
March 12, 2011, 01:33 PM
Expect the chapter to be delayed (not sure how long) due to the recent earthquake in Japan.

Please do not discuss this here.

Thanks!

meepers4982
March 12, 2011, 05:36 PM
i am greatly anticipating the next chapter but i dont mind waiting i mean we've waited until sunday evening before.
I think this arc is coming to a close soon especially since mashimas arcs are usually between 30-40 chapter but that doesnt mean that this is the end of the saga. I hope lucy turns out okay and that hand isnt hers but the possibility of it being hers is very slim especially since you very slightly see a 3/4 length sleeve in the picture with the hand. I dont know whether the hand means the death of a character (however very likely since people are crying) or just a severe injury or if it has some further significance however it is still immensely mysterious.

kkck
March 12, 2011, 07:27 PM
I think caprico will save lucy. He should still be around and it would be a perfect way to catch a member of the seven kin off guard.

saya1987
March 12, 2011, 09:22 PM
may be wendy and charles will save lucy and charles will have a moment of dejavu.

LoS
March 12, 2011, 10:41 PM
I think this arc is coming to a close soon especially since mashimas arcs are usually between 30-40 chapter

Where on earth did you get that number?

Oracion Seis which was by far the longest arc was 35ish chapters.

Edolas arc was just over 30 chapters.

Fantasia arc was just over 20

Tower of paradise was 25ish

Phantom arc was just under 20

Galuna Island was around 20

And the above numbers are including all the beginning transition chapters between the previous arc and the current arc, and the concluding chapters as well.

This current arc is 25 strong, and could potentially go on for many more chapters, but could also end at the drop of a dime. But will probably go on for 10 more chapters or so. That isn't very soon...

reaver929
March 13, 2011, 01:50 AM
I just thought of this..
what if Mavis Vermillion is Cana's grandfather?
Maybe that is what her father wanted her to do

LoS
March 13, 2011, 02:47 AM
sigh, why does everyone keep mentioning Cana and Mavis?

What would make you think Cana even knew the "goal" of just the second stage was to find Mavis' gravestone?

Cana's grandfather, someone who was alive prior to Hades himself being handed the title of Master.... doesn't add up.

Tempo
March 13, 2011, 03:06 AM
I think caprico will save lucy. He should still be around and it would be a perfect way to catch a member of the seven kin off guard.

I actually think it would be loki (aka leo) that would save lucy, since he is so far the only spirit that can be summoned without lucy activating his key

saya1987
March 13, 2011, 03:15 AM
I actually think it would be loki (aka leo) that would save lucy, since he is so far the only spirit that can be summoned without lucy activating his key

although caprico is one of lucy's spirits now, he has yet to make a contact with lucy so he could appear in the human world without lucy summoning him. Besides, loki was injured and granted that he could recover, why would hiro make him fight again considering there's so many other characters available?

Personally, I gave up on guessing the outcomes. There seems to be too many...
a) lucy wakes up and fights kain in the end. Hiro likes to put a cliffhanger before ending it with an anti-climax. (the previous chapters appears so)
b) caprico saves the day
c) wendy and charles save lucy and charles will realise the position of lucy's hands in her premonition.
d) no one saves her

haha....I give up!

meepers4982
March 13, 2011, 04:07 AM
Where on earth did you get that number?

Oracion Seis which was by far the longest arc was 35ish chapters.

Edolas arc was just over 30 chapters.

Fantasia arc was just over 20

Tower of paradise was 25ish

Phantom arc was just under 20

Galuna Island was around 20

And the above numbers are including all the beginning transition chapters between the previous arc and the current arc, and the concluding chapters as well.

This current arc is 25 strong, and could potentially go on for many more chapters, but could also end at the drop of a dime. But will probably go on for 10 more chapters or so. That isn't very soon...

you just basically proved my post, i was doing a guesstimate it was not exact. Edolas was thirthy and considering how the bigger arc (more dramatic ones) are longer then i wouldnt be surprised if this arc was aprx. that many chapters.

@tempo
virgo once appeared without being summoned. I think any spirit in general can however there will be a much smaller strain on loki and caprico because they've lived in the human world for a period of time

i would like the idea of laxus saving lucy but the chances of that happening are slim to none.

LoS
March 13, 2011, 04:58 AM
considering how the bigger arc (more dramatic ones) are longer

Fantasia and ToP were probably the two most dramatic. It was unanimous that Edolas and OS drug on and on and on(and were the two worst arcs thus far). It just shows that the arcs with plots and a storyline that just drag on exceed the average of low 20's.

Razh
March 13, 2011, 05:04 AM

Yet i think that Natsu shall prevail! With the help of Zeref of course.

I am so against this "parallel universe" theory... "every possible action shall happen". So basically in one of the universes Natsu is a real person and opens a portal to our dimension so he could smack Mashima for making him look so dumb >.>

Look up transurfing if you don't know about it. It's a theory made by Vadim Zeland, quantum physicist. It boils down to a person being able to affect his own future by his way of thinking or acting. There's a thing called expanse of variances where all the possible outcomes of some action are and, by following his methods, you can achieve the desirable outcome. Sort of picking your own parallel universe.
It's much more complicated than that but it kinda works to an extent.

Well anyway, seems to me that Urtear is just seeing all the directions her sphere could take, then manipulates it so it be in all those places. If I'm not mistaken, she did something like that with rocks when she fought Natsu the first time. She was able to manipulate them as if it was telekinesis.

I don't know what the big deal is. She can just do it with objects, and there are probably limits to it.

Kurohitsugi
March 13, 2011, 05:54 AM
This arc is the best one so far despite there were some things I didn't like such as Zancrow's "defeat" or the cheap story of Zoldio. It's not only that the current plot concerns about the core of FT's story (Zeref) but also that there are so many things that still have to play a role (Mavis' grave, Council, Cana etc) that it makes the arc extremely interesting to follow.:amuse

My thoughts about the course of FT:

-I also believe that Kain will fell in love with Lucy and he will capture her as a hostage for that reason. It would be an interesting version of "Beauty and the beast", don't you think ? In addition Caprico will return to GH ship, pretending that he is still a member. He will try to save Lucy at some point of the story.

- Guran Doma, President of the Magic Council will order the use of Etherion Square Satellite to obliterate the island. This sounds a repetition of the ToP arc but I think that it will happen again. The island will be saved by the secret that is holding, something that has to do with Fairies and Mavis grave. Once Cana reaches the grave we may learn more about it.

- Gray, being suspicious about Cana's attitude (they were close friends, if I recall well), had followed the two girls and witnessed the whole incident. He will be the one to face Kain but I think he will either lose or the match will be interrupted by an order of Hades about evacuating the island since Etherion has been positioned above the island and the primary objective (Zeref) has been accomplished.

- Natsu will be unable to beat Urtear. I suspect that she will reveal important information to Natsu about the Dragons.

(Does anyone think Mashima will include "footnotes" about his experience from the earthquake?)

Well, let's wait to confirm if Mashima-san is ok. I am very worried about him since we don't have any news about his whereabouts, (like we had about Kubo, Oda etc).

BlueChild
March 13, 2011, 06:32 AM
It would be interesting to see Natsu lose complete against Ultear. He shouldn't be able to lay a hand on her after his battle with Zancrow. It'd be great to have Gray jump in and save the day. He woulnd't be able to beat her anyway, but we could get some information concerning a) dragons and b) Gray's reaction to Ultear being his master's lost daughter. Maybe we even get some background information on why and how she ended up in GH and why she seems to despice her mother so much...

But it's still more likely for Gray to run into Azuma, though. He's the only one left, and Azuma vs. Cana seems to be a ridiculously onesided pairing...

Shiro Tsuki
March 13, 2011, 08:37 AM
hah
Natsu beating Ultear is sheer nonsense!

Okay - the manga is called FT! AND not GH - for a good reason...
Ultimately they won't lose!
But Natsu was crippled by the god slayer! (the way he defeated god slayer - again plothole - powers coming out of nowhere! :s)
Now he is like - *revived* - ready to defeat others!

Albeit - Ultear suffered damage from the fight with Zeref!
But all logic gives a nice win to Ultear -
I am expecting to see Natsu DOWN!!

I do agree that everyone bitching about the S-Class exam is quite annoying!
Of all people - I never expected the 'nakama-powered' Natsu to cry about it -
He was so hyped to kill the one who harmed his master/grandpa!
...sounds lame!

Jorge D. Dragon
March 13, 2011, 08:55 AM
I do hope Mashima is all right and will come back to us as soon as he will be alright after such a shock.

I actually hope to see an interesting battle between Natsu and Ultear and even though I like Ntsu I don't see him wining this. But there is still a posibility that someone will help him and they will make her retreat. Also there is a posibility of Zeref asisting to Natsu.;)

About Lucy... I hope she will be alright and won't suffer grave injuries from that fatty.:)

Also I hope that someone will kick Cana's butt.:)

MyuuMyuu
March 13, 2011, 12:23 PM
I hope Gray will fight ultear sometime soon.. cause, shes Ur's daughter, so i dont know, i just think Gray should be fighting her

saya1987
March 14, 2011, 12:11 PM
lucy will wake up before kain steps on her. Then, she'll fight kain only to realise that none of spirits is effective against him.

luffyg2
March 14, 2011, 12:42 PM
I dont't know.. I dont think we will see lucy fight soon... she just got a new key.. and with leo's fight we already got a spirit fight so 2 in a row is not something i see happening