PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 226 Discussion/227 Predictions

Tsukisama
March 06, 2011, 01:15 AM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, NO AGONY POSTS, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the translation for this chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/226/).

Rules Updated/Important Notes:

* ONLY post spoilers in this thread.
If you have spoilers and this thread is not yet open, check this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84) to locate the moderators associated with this section, then check this page (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showgroups.php) to see which of those moderators is currently online, and then contact one such moderator with your spoiler (having the spoiler, source, and credits).

* Please include ONLY spoilers you believe to be legitimate, and post a source for them.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Please DO NOT repost the pics and/or scripts which are already posted in here, including the cleaned ones.

* Only post repeating spoiler pics if:
They are originally significantly bigger than the current ones available (not by resizing them)
The text is clearer for translators to translate
Please use thumbnails instead of the original pic
* Please DO NOT significantly edit your posts i.e. add new pics, scripts, and or translations.
In order to prevent posts from being unfairly deleted, updates on newly arrived scripts/pictures/translations should be made in a new post. MH mods will then merge multiple posts from the same contributor when and if necessary.

* Up to three pages can be shown here as images. Anything over three pages must be linked externally.

* Please read THIS (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22172) for a better understanding of when the RAWs are expected to come out.

Breaking the rules mentioned above will result in:

* Warning for the first time.
* Being infracted immediately if repeats.

Hope for your cooperation.

Well a spoiler thread can be made synoptic.

Take these as examples of a synoptic spoiler posts: normal (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1108532&postcount=84) / pictures (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1048978&postcount=42).

All the codes may look confusing but it's a matter of learning but a fast learning andd once you get into it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

Before reading:
1. all * should be left out, all *** should be filled
2. alt + b adds the bold tags appear automatically

So how do we work?

Step 1:
[*fieldset= ***]Explanation: this will open a box,. *** can be filled according to what you post: spoiler script, spoiler pics, spoiler script and pics, spoiler translation,... depending on what you post

Step 2: [*B]Verification[/b]***

Explanation:
***= three main colours red (fake), orange (pending) and green (confirmed)
fill in the second *** with the status: fake, pending or confirmed according to your colour.
[COLOR=red]Advice: mark it pending if you don't know it ;)

Step 3: [*B]Source:[/b] ***

Explanation: *** = add the website, source where you found the spoiler. Don't you have one? Leave it or use ???

Step 4: [*B]Credits:[/b] ***

Explanation: *** = credit the person who posted it. Don't you know who it is? Leave it or use ???

Step 5: [/fieldset]

Explanation: this will close the box, you opened with the [fieldset = ***]

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

saya1987
March 14, 2011, 06:04 PM
actually, i read that off a spoiler posted on some website. This spoiler doesn't contain any pictures, only words.

It stated that lucy woke up in the nick of time to avoid being crushed by kain. She tried to fight but the spirits she called was useless against him.

Then again, I'm not sure how reliable this source is since it was stated that a metal fell from the sky but natsu managed to send it back. Here, there could be some mistranslations but whatever mentioned above, it's definitely true (if the spoiler appears to be genuine).

Awy, I wouldn't be surprised this turned out to be the case. It was one of my many predictions because Hiro likes to put a cliffhanger at the end of very chapter before turning it into an anticlimax in the following chapter.

I would so not rather lucy wake up and fight kain with the limited no. powerful of spirits she can use.

kkck
March 14, 2011, 10:19 PM
Well, if the spoiler is true then once again she would have summoned the wrong spirit at the wrong time. It seems her ability to do so has not gotten any rustier. If the spoiler is true then perhaps she summoned either virgo or aries lol. Caprico is bound to show up and help though. What is up with gemini? when is lucy using that one?

LoS
March 14, 2011, 11:55 PM
Uuhhhhhhh dunno if I like a 2 v 2

Well, the two members of the 7 Kin who were wandering around are now both squared up against FT opponents.

Cant really tell Kain's magic, to be honest. Like he is a voo doo man, some dolls.

p.s Lucy's boobs are out when her shirt gets ripped to shreds and then the shirt is all back together again later in the chapter, come on Mashima. If you are going to tease with some fan service keep it consistent :P

bittman
March 15, 2011, 12:38 AM
Huhhhh, Lucy + Natsu teaming up...

...am I having a major brain lapse, or is this the first time they've seriously been a 2 person fighting team? I mean, they've worked together and fought together, but never just Lucy + Natsu vs opponent(s).

Might just be my memory though.

Oh: balkan in chapter 3 or whatever I guess. Still, if that's all....

p.s. Lucy boobs mean this at worst is a 7/10 chapter =P

swordsaintscoot
March 15, 2011, 12:40 AM
well
i say this is mashimas way of making natsu lose

mashima won't have lucy win a 7 kin match imo, which disadvantages natsu where he has to fight 2 kin at one time rather than saying he was outright weaker. =/

eclipse12
March 15, 2011, 01:34 AM
Nice chapter, First lucy vs. ksin where he is winning then it is a tag match between Lucy and Natsu vs. Ultear and Kein. Or Lucy and Natsu switch opponents.

saya1987
March 15, 2011, 06:45 AM
well
i say this is mashimas way of making natsu lose

mashima won't have lucy win a 7 kin match imo, which disadvantages natsu where he has to fight 2 kin at one time rather than saying he was outright weaker. =/

may be lucy and natsu will switch opponents and win. I think I figure out why lucy's spirits are not effective against Kain...notice in the spoiler, kain manipulates a puppet to attack so may be because of this ability, he could manipulate lucy's spirits too.

who knows, lucy may defeat ultear...haha.

Ero-Sanji
March 15, 2011, 11:38 AM
Doll magic?

We have already seen that, twice! Mashima should have made this magic as an upgrade to either Bixlow or Sherry. Either way I still have faith in Mashima and it might turn into something very good. Furthermore the 2 vs 2 fight is interesting indeed and honestly I can't see how Mashima will mix it up. Usually when we have a 2 on 2, the teams usually have powers that work along quite good but I can't really see how Natsu's flame and Lucy's keys will work together. Less the arc of time and the "new" doll magic.

Rowel
March 15, 2011, 11:48 AM
Chances we get to see Ultear go all out on Lucy? pretty high

It looked like they were switching fights at the end since apparently Natsu can't handle Ultear but someone like Lucy would stand a chance???

Oh Lucy went up 2 cup sizes at the end

saya1987
March 15, 2011, 12:24 PM
it would totally rock if lucy defeats ultear. All along, she had really weird opponents (besides angel) and most of them manipulate either people or spirits whereas erza, natsu and gray have the crazy hardcore fighting opponents. It will be interesting to switch their opponents for this battle. I want to see natsu going against the doll/puppet and lucy to do some hardcore fighting!

RemedyDoc
March 15, 2011, 12:26 PM
What if the perceived doll magic is really a form of Voodoo magic?

Kuzumikun
March 15, 2011, 12:54 PM
OMG i love it!
hmm if natsu can't beat ultear than how is lucy gana?
WELL she does have gemini and now she has caprico

Sollum
March 15, 2011, 03:01 PM
Lucy + Natsu vs Urtear and Kain? So its not 2 x 2 its more like Natsu vs Urtear and Kain >.>

Lucy is good for showing her "natural gifts", too bad am not into drawn stuff >.>

Is there someone besides me who thinks that Lucy sucks? I mean her magic is useless, any mage with half brain could defeat her. The only reason she won against Bixlow was that he did not attack her, instead he toyed with Leo. Summoner is a total 0 without his summon. So basically you need only to defend against summon and nuke down summoner >.>

shuha27
March 15, 2011, 04:12 PM
Can't wait for this chapter looks pretty good. I'm really looking forward to Natsu and Lucy teaming up. I wonder if that means there gonna switch opponents or keep who they are already fighting.

Lucy's boobs have no limit.....

ghostexiled
March 15, 2011, 05:25 PM
Please remember if your going to post spoilers... to post them from a site that does not require members to create an account or such.

So if someone would like to repost the spoiler pics here or to a site that does not require a log in, please do so.

Also... lets tone down the "boob comments".

Thanks!

Kurohitsugi
March 15, 2011, 05:32 PM
Here you go :

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7760/007pbxy.th.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/i/007pbxy.jpg/)
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8373/008ha.th.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/i/008ha.jpg/)
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/9827/009a.th.jpg (http://img862.imageshack.us/i/009a.jpg/)

Credits to mangahideout.com

kkck
March 15, 2011, 05:40 PM
On the third picture at the buttom left corner, who is that guy? I don't think we have seen him before...

ghostexiled
March 15, 2011, 05:54 PM
^I think it is a character from another manga. Since that is the final page in the chapter.

I had a feeling that the next battle was going to be a 2 vs. 2. :)

However, I may see Lucy and Natsu defeat Kain... the same won't be of Ultear.

shuha27
March 15, 2011, 06:20 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/38134258/1

FT chapter is out :)

Atobe the king
March 15, 2011, 06:35 PM
Haven't seen Natsu and Lucy work together in a while...so much fanservice this chapter lol.

ghostexiled
March 15, 2011, 06:38 PM
So it turns out that Kains power is actually pretty unique... (shame on those who thought Mashima was being unoriginal! :p)

The chapter started out pretty funny... with Lucy abusing the doll. :D

Still think that team FT is going to lose this match.

With the exception that Kain will be the loser of the battle from the GH side.

Love the last line from Kain... :grin

btw... there has been team-ups before... Gray and Leon vs. Speedy (can't remember his name)

jorped
March 15, 2011, 06:58 PM
Kain is just an idiot lol, and lucy is even more than him , she should had used the doll seriously and that way she could have had beat kain already!

i dont expect lucy and natsu to be able to beat both kain and ultear, most likely they are going to manage to defeat Kain

exacta
March 15, 2011, 07:11 PM
Don't know if I like the idea of Natsu and Lucy possibly defeating Ultear and Kain......Natsu shouldn't be fighting anymore after his fight with Zancrow he should be done.The fact that Natsu is continuing to fight makes it seem like FT is going to go all the way in this war with GH, meaning it might GH might lose in the end. Looks like Fairy Tail might really end up winning this arc in the end......I hope not.

Atobe the king
March 15, 2011, 07:17 PM
Gray has to be the one to best Ultear

kkck
March 15, 2011, 07:19 PM
Chapter made me laugh, gotta miss that lucy humor. Why erza is more popular than lucy is beyond me lol.... It really has been quite a while since natsu and lucy worked together.

Kain's magic did surprise me. I would not have expected him to fight by cursing himself. I guess the trick to fight him is timing though. Kain fights by transforming his body to adapt to a situation or attack but I would think that can be used against him. If he turns to cotton then lucy can blow him away with scorpio for instance. I guess that would require that lucy summons the right spirit at the right time though....

Next chapter is called lucy's fire so perhaps she would find a way to power up natsu? None of his spirits could do that though.... Perhaps she could use gemini to transform into natsu and give him a boost or perhaps one of the forms gemini has has access to fire...

Rowel
March 15, 2011, 07:40 PM
Ha! Epic fat dude is funny. I think he moved up as one of my fav Kin.

His magic is actually pretty cool and he's actually smart in the way he uses it. Something that you wouldn't think of from his personality.

Also I hope that just because Lucy and Natsu team up it doesn't mean they win against opponents that are much stronger than them. Especially when there hurt and tired like they are. But unfortunately I see then getting some kind of special combo from combining their magic like Lucy did with Juvia earlier on in the manga and using it to beat at least one of their opponents.

sarutobi_sensei
March 15, 2011, 07:47 PM
Hah, so the guy has a complex, that whenever someone is acting cool, he starts panicking xD

Good xD

So does he have more up his sleeve or not?

Natsu and Lucy teaming up. That didn't happen in a while. Lets see what comes out of there :D I hope it'll be good!

tobeulp
March 15, 2011, 07:54 PM
That is one funny chapter I hope the fat guy will not be defeated he is like the joker of Grimoire Heart it is a unfortunate that there is a chance he will lose...

kkck
March 15, 2011, 07:59 PM
I just thought of the perfect strategy they could use here. They steal the doll and get some of ur's hair. That would allow lucy to give ur a trashing while natsu beats the crap out of kain. It would be a bit of an issue if urtear can revert the doll to a state where it would not have hair though.

Vaste Lorde
March 15, 2011, 08:09 PM
yep. this chapter says it all. The expression on Lucy's face after she sees Natsu brings up another moment of them ending up together.

Great chapter.Kain's abilities will definitely be used against him.
Natsu gets even more fired up when he has to protect someone he cares about. It always works to his advantage.

My guess is that, seeing lucy hurt or trying to protect her will give this guy a nice power boost.

Razh
March 15, 2011, 08:46 PM
Also... lets tone down the "boob comments".

Tone down? You practically killed them :crying

I don't remember the last time I was looking forward so much for the chapter. It will really be enjoyable seeing Natsu and Lucy fight together. Who knows what kind of combo Mashima has devised.
I wish I could theorize more about it, but I won't have that much time these next few days. I honestly believe that they won't lose but it's hard to imagine them actually winning. It would have to be something in between then. Also, Urtear is not invulnerable and we shouldn't consider her unbeatable.

Really looking forward for the next chapter fight!
I mean BOOBS! :p

ghostexiled
March 15, 2011, 09:02 PM
Hey I love bewbs as much as the next guy... but we can't have this thread turn into one big boob fest discussion. Besides think of the poor female members that have to come here and read these "intelligent" comments. :p

I think that Kain will end up getting Natsu's hair and make him fight against Lucy or vise versa.

I wouldn't call Kain a "joke" cause he did dispatch Lucy's spirits with the greatest of ease. Easier than any other past opponent has been able to do.

I wonder who will be fighting in the other group that has only really Levy and Elf Man that is able to fight...

mr.danly
March 15, 2011, 09:06 PM
lmao @ the whole boob discussion.

Anyways, it'll definitely be interesting to see how Natsu and Lucy fight together, since we've never seen them fight in a 2 v 2 type battle before, even though they've worked together plenty of times. It'd be pretty lame if they beat Ultear, though, considering how much magic they've both used up (especially Natsu). I don't care if Ultear's exhausted after fighting Zeref, she's been hyped for like 150 chapters, and it'd be an epic letdown to see her defeated so easily.

kamakazi_1996
March 15, 2011, 09:56 PM
This chapter was so worth the wait

that fat guy had a pretty awsome ability but he is such a dumbass, i think if lucy used the doll properly she could of beaten him already what suprised me the most was him actually powering himself up using the doll, i could never have guessed that but the poor guys moment was taken away when natsu punched him he always seems the arrive when lucy is in trouble, its the good old classic team of lucy and natsu, they could win this with natsus hax-never lose a battle and lucys hax gemini but i dont want them to beat ultear, it would be more epic for gray to fight her and learn the truth about her

Jet_Alone
March 15, 2011, 09:59 PM
Perfect moment for gemini, separate Kain and ur, fake kain aproaches ur and takes one hair from her, and then beat the crap out of the doll.

LoS
March 15, 2011, 10:00 PM
I wonder who will be fighting in the other group that has only really Levy and Elf Man that is able to fight...

Well, Cana will run into one of Rustyrose or Azuma, I would peg Rustyrose as the one.

I can't really see the injured group facing anyone, only a few are capable of moving, and those who are some need to stay behind to look over the injured. And I can't see Lisanna meeting Azuma again, nor Elfman meeting Rustyrose again.

I don't really know who those 2 wandering 7 Kin will run into, but one of them I feel will cross paths with Cana.

Igtenes
March 15, 2011, 10:34 PM
The two remaining Kin (Rusty Rose and Azuma) really only have Gray and Cana as options to fight.

Aikidoka
March 15, 2011, 10:39 PM
Gray should fight Rustyrose, their powers are both "creation"-based.

Anyway, liked this chapter, Kain's use of his voodoo doll was really interesting, didn't think of that. Usually voodoo would be used to hurt the opponent, not buff yourself. I wonder how much stronger Ultear could potentially get with Kain's buffs...deadly time magic and iron defense. Though Natsu seems to be able to break through that.

LoS
March 15, 2011, 10:49 PM
haha, silly me. I totally forgot about Gray.

So yes, insert him into my post. I still dunno whom he would square up against out of those two. Azuma has already been involved in two fights...

bittman
March 15, 2011, 10:59 PM
Definitely Gray vs Rustyrose in a battle of creation.

With regard to Natsu + Lucy vs Kain + Ultear, there's actually one major thing I'm looking for in this battle: Gemini. More specifically: who will Gemini copy, and how will it alter the battle?

Some scenarios could be:
Gemini copies Natsu. Double flame power, or even....wait, can Natsu eat a fake-Natsu's flames? Is he still, an an analogy I love, "eating his own stellar spirits"?
Gemini copies Kain, doll manipulation of Kain or Ultear occurs.
Gemini copies Ultear. Natsu becomes 777 years old and blows up the island.

Ok not sure exactly, but those are three quite likely scenarios. For all the talk of Lucy "summoning her best spirits", she hasn't actually summoned Gemini who is most likely her most powerful spirit without exception. If she does this, she is the most useful part of the Natsu Lucy team (lol Happy).

Of course, expecting too much again. Most likely she'll just summon Aries or Virgo since they are so useful *nods sagely*.

Lucy Boobs

Kuzumikun
March 15, 2011, 11:35 PM
hmmm one way they can win is unison raid which so far lucy can do, but that requires the same elements...lucy can use gemini and copy zancrow haha or something to boost natsu's power
i dunno but im sooooo eager for the chapter!!!!!! :D

kkck
March 15, 2011, 11:42 PM
Gemini is not necessarily her most powerful spirit.... For one thing, it is at best as powerful as whoever it is copying. That is a big limitation on its strength to some extent depending on the enemy. More importantly, spirits use lucy's own magic. In that sense, even if gemini copies a powerful mage there is a pretty real chance it would be pretty taxing on lucy depending on the type of magic and amount of magic it uses. I really doubt lucy could just copy makarov and use the spirit to its fullest potential without having the necessary magic supply. Gemini's importance is more strategic as of now.... Lets also consider lucy has already summoned several spirits in a row, her already limited magical supply has been drained a bit.

Kuzumikun
March 15, 2011, 11:46 PM
Well, Cana will run into one of Rustyrose or Azuma, I would peg Rustyrose as the one.

I can't really see the injured group facing anyone, only a few are capable of moving, and those who are some need to stay behind to look over the injured. And I can't see Lisanna meeting Azuma again, nor Elfman meeting Rustyrose again.

I don't really know who those 2 wandering 7 Kin will run into, but one of them I feel will cross paths with Cana.

hmmmm
WELL maybe Asuma will cross with Cana, but i see him cross Levy and Elfman if they become a team 1 thing cuz he hurt Mira and Elfman would want revenge
but how would Levy and Elfman defeat Asuma...
Lisana and Evergreen will look over Mira and Gajeel
Grey will come across Rusty i can see it

ghostexiled
March 15, 2011, 11:58 PM
I might be missing something here... but why doesn't Levy just make a crap load of "IRON" words and feed them to Gazille?

I mean that has shown to allow the DSers to regain health and strength by eating their element.

I would also say that Lucy could be a bit more worn out... due to her first fighting fodder soldiers and then face off against Kain.

Where Natsu fought Zancrow and got beat up nicely... but didn't Wendy end up healing him some?

So after that he pretty much went straight to Ultear...

Question now is, how much punishment has Natsu received before Lucy showed up?

I have a feeling that for more interesting reasons... Kain will gain the hair of Natsu and Lucy, which in turn will wear them down and then it would easy pickings for GH... only to have one last glory move that takes out Kain.

However this fight will leave both Natsu and Lucy down for the rest of the arc.

I have a feeling that Gray's fight will be seen by Ultear and this is how they will exchange their words that are destined to be.

I am sure Hades will stroll on by after Natsu's defeat just to rub some salt in the wounds... the things bad guys love doing to downed heroes.

Ero-Sanji
March 16, 2011, 12:41 AM
I knew it! Taurus was going to be used as a fool yet again. God that really irritates me, will that guy ever be useful?

Either way, the chapter wasn't bad, overall. Kain's powers were not as a thought they would be and it played out really good. I liked the whole transformation technique. Btw anyone who caught the sequence were Natsu scratched his head? Maybe that's a hint towards a fight between Natsu and Lucy as some suggested.

@Bittman

Arc of time doesn't affect humans. So, no age travelling for Natsu even though that would be cool and lame at the same time.

Jorge D. Dragon
March 16, 2011, 01:31 AM
I mostly liked the chapter, especially that Kain from the Seven Kin was really funny.:)
Also his magic is rather interesting. Though I really didn't like that he couldn't take Lucy out. Lucy is one of the weakest FT members on this Island with the exeption of Levy, Charlie and Happy, so it's rather pitiful for of the 7 Kin not to take her in one or two blows.
Also we are going to get an interesting chapter, but I hope that Ultear and Kain will finally prevail, cause it would be a bit lame to hype those Kins so much and to destroy them so easily.

luffyg2
March 16, 2011, 02:13 AM
Quite a nice chapter... that Kain guy really has an interesting power...but i wonder if you just destroy the doll does he loose all of his fighting power...also .. he talk like a dumb guy but he uses is magic in a smart way which makes me wonder how stupid he really is

Jorge D. Dragon
March 16, 2011, 02:26 AM
luffyg2
I think Kain was just joking, but actually he should have taken Lucy in one blow.:)

Also about his magic... I think it might be like Bixlow's and even with destroyed doll he might continue by making new one.:)

Lee-tyme7
March 16, 2011, 03:37 AM
I mostly liked the chapter, especially that Kain from the Seven Kin was really funny.:)
Also his magic is rather interesting. Though I really didn't like that he couldn't take Lucy out. Lucy is one of the weakest FT members on this Island with the exeption of Levy, Charlie and Happy, so it's rather pitiful for of the 7 Kin not to take her in one or two blows.
Also we are going to get an interesting chapter, but I hope that Ultear and Kain will finally prevail, cause it would be a bit lame to hype those Kins so much and to destroy them so easily.

Lucy was about to get kill but Natsu saved her life so Kain could of won.

There's no point in losing now NatsuXLucy are united plus Happy. Epic WIN! :D

Razh
March 16, 2011, 04:34 AM
Some scenarios could be:

Gemini copies Kain, doll manipulation of Kain or Ultear occurs.

For some reason that made me remember Yugioh. Oh Copycat and Change of Heart, how much fun we had. :tem

I suppose I really am hoping for an epic Yugioh combo from Natsu and Lucy. Also, really hoping Lucy achieves some growth through this battle.
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g035.gif
Ok, this was the last one.

saya1987
March 16, 2011, 05:02 AM
may be zeref will wake up and when he sees lucy, we'll know whether layla's death is related to the dragons/zeref.

awy, there's a possibility of natsu and lucy winning considering how ultear spent some of her energy to knock zeref unconscious. Furthermore, it's lucky lucy!

possible random nonsensical scenario:
lucy tricked kain--->kain gets defeated----->natsu kicks kain into the direction of ultear---->ultear is crushed under kain's weight.

Awy, I can't wait for the next chapter! I think it would be funny to see ultear being so serious while Kain and Lucy (and Happy if he's fighting with Lucy +Gemini) are goofing around. Lucy's fights are always hilarious.

wooticus
March 16, 2011, 05:20 AM
quite funny chapter.

i hope lucy will finally use gemini in a battle. three of her spirits are out. loki and caprico seem to be still out, too. aquarius may not be used due to the absence of water. her other spirits aren't really that suitable.. so if gemini reproduces kain.. that would be ridiculous.. ^^

but i agree with some other.. can't see team lucy & natsu actually lose.. well maybe we are near that situation with the arm in charles prediction is lucys and natsu crying, thinking she's dead.. well you saw what he pulled off after he's seen his master seriously injured.. thinking of lucy dying in front of him's gotta turn him into some freaking super dragon mode and... good bye kain for good..

on the other side... cana may come back.. she HAS to have a fight in this arc.. grey might also join. so we would have the strongest team in fairy tail minus erza plus cana

Zeltrax
March 16, 2011, 08:28 AM
Lucy's flame..
lucy's flame..
lucy's flame..
trying to think up of something..
No..nope, nothing comes up in my mind.
I mean, lucy attacks didn't work on that kain guy, so I'm wondering whether it'll work on urtear, but then that'll be stupid, she can control time so whatever she sends flying she'll slow it down.
A combination attack maybe?

Anyway, one of the good chapter of fairy tail that I've read in a while, excluding the boobs ofc, isn't lucy's clothes getting ripped off every arc?
I really hope Kain don't lose in a stupid way but I'm still unhappy that Natsu still have so much stamina left.

Razh
March 16, 2011, 08:54 AM
I really hope Kain don't lose in a stupid way but I'm still unhappy that Natsu still have so much stamina left.

It shouldn't be a surprise at this point of the manga. I mean, just remember his previous fights. If he has been advancing all this time, he's probably just getting warmed up.:darn
And when you think about it, his battle with Zancrow didn't last that long and he probably didn't have much chance using his most draining attacks against Urtear.

Azhera
March 16, 2011, 09:57 AM
This chapter is so funny and interesting. Specially when Kain handed his vodoo doll to lucy then she played with it...:D so there is 2vs2 natsu&lucy vs kain&ultear... I opposed those persons saying Lucy is a weakling FT member, Lucy is the most reliable in times of hopeless in FT. She's stronger when others are so weak to fight. For the 2 remaining Kin(Rustyrose and Azuma) who is uninjured, maybe in my opinion remember Mest Gryder? the Magic Council Intel Member. Maybe he will help FT beat Rustyrose. Mest magic involves teleportation and memory magic. Maybe he will use Memory Magic on Rustyrose to disable his thinking capability. Which means he can't imagine anything and will make Rustyrose magic useless, then it will become a physical fight rather than magic. Mest started to love FT when he goes back to the magic council.

meepers4982
March 16, 2011, 10:07 AM
i really like kain mainly because he is so funny yet he is powerful at the same time, this chapter was really good and im looking forward to lucy and natsu working together again :)

matzik1212
March 16, 2011, 10:20 AM
LOL great chapter .....kain's so stupid ha ha i laughed so hard when he gave the doll with his hair to lucy and of course she took advantage of that ....natsu's entry was epic :XD as if he wasn't having a bad time with makarov being so injured now kain had to appear in front of him and that totally pissed him off LOL that kick was so satisfying ^_^

Sollum
March 16, 2011, 11:02 AM
C'mon guys, stop calling Kain dumb, idiot and etc. It's so not cool >.> He is just a bit strange, funky and too relaxed >.>

I can totally see him and Meldy joining FT...

saya1987
March 16, 2011, 11:24 AM
C'mon guys, stop calling Kain dumb, idiot and etc. It's so not cool >.> He is just a bit strange, funky and too relaxed >.>

LOL...it's hard not to call him dumb since that's how he's portrayed all along. Consider it a character analysis, we're not really bashing awy.

Sigh, I really want natsu and lucy to switch opponents. Natsu should get a weird opponent for a change

Newkerzy
March 16, 2011, 11:25 AM
may be zeref will wake up and when he sees lucy, we'll know whether layla's death is related to the dragons/zeref.

awy, there's a possibility of natsu and lucy winning considering how ultear spent some of her energy to knock zeref unconscious. Furthermore, it's lucky lucy!

possible random nonsensical scenario:
lucy tricked kain--->kain gets defeated----->natsu kicks kain into the direction of ultear---->ultear is crushed under kain's weight.

Awy, I can't wait for the next chapter! I think it would be funny to see ultear being so serious while Kain and Lucy (and Happy if he's fighting with Lucy +Gemini) are goofing around. Lucy's fights are always hilarious.

Actually, it seems that Ultear spent most of her energy on Zeref.
And yeah Zeref waking up and noticing Lucy is a scenario I've thought of this morning. I am definitely interested in what happens from here on out. Hopefully we'll get answers soon.

kkck
March 16, 2011, 11:30 AM
Wonder how much of a good team urtear and kain would do. Normally when bad guys team up they actually hamper each other due to them not getting along. That is a very stereotypically shonen thing to do but then again this is mashima... Kain's magic is without a doubt powerful but it does kinda seem like the less hax ability we have seen so far, specially since he does depend on the doll. Only way to make it as hax as other abilities is that he can actually use several dolls. It'd be interesting if he can combine the properties of say, iron and fire through the use of two dolls.

Kuzumikun
March 16, 2011, 12:01 PM
LOL...it's hard not to call him dumb since that's how he's portrayed all along. Consider it a character analysis, we're not really bashing awy.

Sigh, I really want natsu and lucy to switch opponents. Natsu should get a weird opponent for a change

weeeeelllllllllll
i have a feeling that lucy will take on ultear but how will she take her out is beyond me

Kurohitsugi
March 16, 2011, 02:51 PM
LOL, hard to imagine how Mashima's assistant feels watching himself in such a hilarious role in the manga. :p Kain looks funny and his ability a bit weak compared to the others but in reality he is very strong. He wiped 3 Celestial spirits in a matter of seconds, like they were flies. Of course he has by far the ability with the most obvious drawback. :eyeroll

I am a bit worried about the upcoming tag battle. There are several reasons about that, not only why bad guys tempt to fail miserably when they are working in teams but mainly because teaming up was flashy portrayed by Levy to be FT's key to victory. :-_-

Of course I still believe that Urtear is not going to be defeated until there is a sort of resolution in the story about her mother and why she hates her so much. But that requires Gray (and Lyon) somewhere on the scene. She can't be beaten here by a Natsu who have already had a victory against a powerful opponent like Zancrow.

White Silver King
March 16, 2011, 03:04 PM
. That is a very stereotypically shonen thing to do but then again this is mashima...
Because Mashima is such a revolutionary Shonen author? *Looks at Natsu's number of victories and number of defeats (wait... there are none)* Yeah, he's so different from all the other Shonen authors.

Razh
March 16, 2011, 04:08 PM
LOL, hard to imagine how Mashima's assistant feels watching himself in such a hilarious role in the manga. :p Kain looks funny and his ability a bit weak compared to the others but in reality he is very strong. He wiped 3 Celestial spirits in a matter of seconds, like they were flies. Of course he has by far the ability with the most obvious drawback. :eyeroll

I consider that circumstantial more than anything else. Lucy just kept summoning spirits without a plan, before knowing how Kain's ability even works. Summon a bull right into the path of Kain's momentum? Great idea, if you want him to get knocked out. Nice try shooting arrows from the front side and waiting for them to come flying back. Scorpio's attack could have worked, but how was she supposed to know that it didn't.
Problem is, Lucy is not much in close combat, so, she couldn't really avoid him for much longer. She panicked, threw out spirits out of desperation, making it easier for him to pawn them.

She can't be beaten here by a Natsu who have already had a victory against a powerful opponent like Zancrow.

For a guy with Fire God's power, Zancrow wasn't really that impressive. Not much on durability department either. Count the blows that he landed on Natsu, then count how many times Natsu's attacks actually worked. I expected more from that battle.

And fuck yeah, just let him give Urtear a black eye and I'm happy.

Sollum
March 16, 2011, 04:33 PM
Problem is, Lucy is not much in close combat, so, she couldn't really avoid him for much longer. She panicked, threw out spirits out of desperation, making it easier for him to pawn them.

Yeah, here is a tricky part and most bugging one. Why can't all the enemies attack her instead of targeting her spirits >.> If they will attack her, spirit will have to sacrifice itself at some point >.>

Saifi
March 16, 2011, 04:40 PM
Because Mashima is such a revolutionary Shonen author? *Looks at Natsu's number of victories and number of defeats (wait... there are none)* Yeah, he's so different from all the other Shonen authors.

as someone who just read rave master cover to cover, so to speak in the last three days i agree with you a 100% and am sure that record will most likely stand the test of time, ps: i had no idea that mashima was such a fan of recycling characters and names >.<

Razh
March 16, 2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah, here is a tricky part and most bugging one. Why can't all the enemies attack her instead of targeting her spirits >.> If they will attack her, spirit will have to sacrifice itself at some point >.>

Well, I could say something about Lucy's, ahem, appearance, that could theoretically make her male enemies... hesitant about attacking her?
HINT: Over the belly, under the chin.:)

ghostexiled
March 16, 2011, 04:57 PM
Come on Razh... you're killing me here. :/

I think it is quite interesting to see how Mashima took characters from Rave and spun them into Fairy Tail characters.... but this could be discussed more in the Hangout thread.

I definitely think that we should see something new from Lucy. I don't think she will be whipping out the 3 spirits that got their asses handed to them.

So I am going to go with either Gemini, Caprico or/and Leo.

Razh
March 16, 2011, 05:34 PM
I think Leo is out for this battle. And yeah, Gemini are probably Lucy's only chance. Now would be a good time to actually try them in battle.

I'd also like to see Natsu from the beginning of the manga. Agile and fast, able to avoid attacks and deliver unexpected counters.

kamakazi_1996
March 16, 2011, 07:54 PM
i can imagine ultear retreating from the battle with zeref and leaving the big guy to fend off lucy and natsu, i just get the feeling he is only playing dumb and its usually the guy who pretends to be stupid actually being smart and cool, then when ultear goes off she encounters gray and then they battle

ca12nag3
March 17, 2011, 12:23 AM
I think Leo is out for this battle. And yeah, Gemini are probably Lucy's only chance. Now would be a good time to actually try them in battle.

I'd also like to see Natsu from the beginning of the manga. Agile and fast, able to avoid attacks and deliver unexpected counters.

How bout the whip she got in the edolas arc? She can use that in some way?

saya1987
March 17, 2011, 01:09 AM
I was thinking what if natsu gave his hair to kain, kain made him attack lucy and in the end, he cried for hurting lucy ( charles' premonition!)

Azhera
March 17, 2011, 02:36 AM
Hey guys did you see Gildart on the this chapter??? so weird he's the strongest member yet he is nowhere to be found when all the 7 kin arrived in the island. Gildart where the hell are you????!!!!:-_-:-_-:-_-:-_-

Mashiro_Luna
March 17, 2011, 03:25 AM
^He went back to the guild with Fried and Bixlow after the first test.

kakashidad
March 17, 2011, 06:37 AM
I've recently re read issue 42..and i can see lucy and natsu owning these two...ultear and kain.Bare with me a minute...Natsu was on the way to besting/beating ultear alter ego in that arc.And she ultear in that guise.Had made a very important statement imo.Natsu had worked out her magic somewhat.She can't use her time magic on anything other than inanimate objects so the living have a great chance given they have the required ablity...

Maybe lucy spirits could be a game changer if they switch opponets...I don't really think they have to at the moment.But natsu i'm convinved could take those two on by himself..he has been consitantly been getting stronger with EVERY battle he's endured.Thinking he and lucy are gonna lose is quite frankly stupid.lmao
[hr]
:mad
I consider that circumstantial more than anything else. Lucy just kept summoning spirits without a plan, before knowing how Kain's ability even works. Summon a bull right into the path of Kain's momentum? Great idea, if you want him to get knocked out. Nice try shooting arrows from the front side and waiting for them to come flying back. Scorpio's attack could have worked, but how was she supposed to know that it didn't.

For a guy with Fire God's power, Zancrow wasn't really that impressive. Not much on durability department either. Count the blows that he landed on Natsu, then count how many times Natsu's attacks actually worked. I expected more from that battle.

And fuck yeah, just let him give Urtear a black eye and I'm happy.

Hello Razh...fancy seeing yu in here lol.Anyway..about lucy throwing out random spirits without any form of plan..man, that's abit mean spirited.

What did we observe during her encounter?what did she learn?well imo and it's probably factual as well.Is,first off.Kain was dumb and extremely strong.

Noted(by him handing over his voodoo doll and been bashed with it).So with his strenght and stupidity established and him chasing her...she is a girl after all lol.She summons taurus who was amazed he got beat by sheer strenght.I think lucy knew exactly what she was doing.We saw the archer next,to try and slow down kain pursuit.that failed but again lucy was observing her opponet.Finally scorpio came out to try and hindred the pursuit further by idk blocking kain vision amongst other things.And bingo lucy analytical skills jumps to the fore and she clocks that kain doll changes wherever he attacks or with different forms of attacks.

Now that to me is been smart.Her strongest spirits did not need to be produced from the get go.Man the title would be over in double quick time.If that was the case.I don't think anyone wants that but then i suppose there's always the haters..lmao.
[hr]

Hey guys did you see Gildart on the this chapter??? so weird he's the strongest member yet he is nowhere to be found when all the 7 kin arrived in the island. Gildart where the hell are you????!!!!:-_-:-_-:-_-:-_-

He simply is not needed yet.As powerful as g/h appear to be they are gonna get there arses kicked.Zancrow, capricorn,and the like are proof of that.If you don't over indulge in the title you will very rarely be dissappointed.

saya1987
March 17, 2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah, lucy put up a good fight. Besides, in most manga, the powerful characters don't use their strongest skill first. They usually start with weaker attacks before delivering their final most powerful blow. Lucy's just doing the same thing. Another amazing part in this chapter is that she had summoned so many spirits within such a short time.

miramira
March 17, 2011, 09:27 AM
Ohkayyy.. Natsu + Lucy. I really didn't see that coming! Yes, I don't think they've really paired up (just the two of them) since that mission to save Macao. Or is it my memory?

It scares me to think that Lucy's partners for this arc are the two people Charle saw crying on her vision. I hope that's not a sign. But as I said before it's very possible that no one will die in this arc, since Charle's premonition (the hand) is prob'ly Lucy's hand when she was sleeping and she didn't die last chapter ^^

Because of this chapter I think Lucy will be the one to fight Ultear (at least until someone else comes to save the day?). I mean Natsu was already fighting Ultear in the end of their battle, why throw Lucy in if it's still Natsu vs Ultear and Lucy vs Kain? Unless we're in for some awesome combo? ^^

I'm not saying Lucy's more powerful, can't say that until she learns to use all her spirits to their full potential.. but whenever she fights she always get interesting results/enders, so it would be nice if she really gets to fight Ultear.

I was a bit disappointed though, I wish Lucy vs Kain battle was longer and ended properly. Either she'd win or lose, before Natsu came. But come to think of it, with this many characters the story won't progress much if the fights were longer. Oh well. I also would want to see Lucy fight her own battle by herself....again ^^ Like against Bixlow during the Fighting Festival. You know, without guildmates saving her in the end? *Of course Loki isn't counted asfor the meantime, she's her stellar spirit* . I guess it's too much to wish. :|

Same goes for Natsu though. all of his fights he won w/ aid from others. And now he has Lucy w/ him ^_^
[hr]
saya1987 10:13 PM Today
Yeah, lucy put up a good fight. Besides, in most manga, the powerful characters don't use their strongest skill first. They usually start with weaker attacks before delivering their final most powerful blow. Lucy's just doing the same thing. Another amazing part in this chapter is that she had summoned so many spirits within such a short time.
You said it! I agree ^____^

kkck
March 17, 2011, 09:59 AM

Gildarts left the island along with fried and bixlow right after the first test was concluded. Depending on how long the arc lasts, he might be back eventually to pick the others up only to find the war.

Askia32
March 17, 2011, 12:55 PM
Interesting chapter. I wonder if Ultear's time magic will effect Lucy's spirits. Random thought, but what if Ultear might try the time magic on a spirit, and it could back fire by the spirit become more powerful with age or something.

eefrit
March 17, 2011, 01:58 PM
I thought Ultear couldn't affect sentient/living things:confused:? Anyway, the chapter was decent enough. My excitement for Grimoire Heart has long been gone however. They just seem...lame now. They had an incredible entrance but now they just don't seem threatening anymore.

Kuzumikun
March 17, 2011, 03:29 PM
^
yeah she cant effect any living thing
i can see them winning this one and plus lucky lucy is tehre! :D
i want to see how they win though...hmmm

kkck
March 17, 2011, 03:55 PM
I thought she simply could not affect humans. She can affect living things seeing as she made a tree out of a seed in a second. Now, whether she can't affect animals or stellar spirits is another matter so far....

Razh
March 17, 2011, 06:42 PM
Thinking about it more, Ur and Kain could really be a tough combo. I mean, if she can use manipulate that steel morphed puppet the way she manipulated those spheres... Ouch! Kain! Everywhere!

kkck
March 17, 2011, 06:56 PM
That would technically fall under the part about not being able to affect people though. I would be interesting if she actually can do it but suffers terrible consequences from it as zoldio did though. It would be a certain death for someone though...

Zatono
March 17, 2011, 07:43 PM
The only real bad about this chapter was the fact that Lucy could have OHKO'd Kain as soon as she got the puppet =(

Perhaps Caprico is just going to come out through his own power and help out this situation.

Razh
March 18, 2011, 03:48 AM
That would technically fall under the part about not being able to affect people though.

Not really. She would be controling the puppet, not Kain. It's like when Lucy was beating the puppet into the ground and affected Kain too. They mimic eachother. Theoretically, Ur could turn Kain into one big steel cannonball.

Also, Kain could take Urtear's hair as a precaution, then plant it on the doll and turn it into steel if Urtear is in danger.

I wonder what is the extent of Kain's transformation. He turned the doll into steel, then light source. Wonder if he can make it intangible, like water or something. I doubt we have seen the full extent of his abilities.

White Silver King
March 18, 2011, 01:17 PM
I wonder if Ultear could age the doll (after it takes a hair from Natsu or Lucy) and in turn age the person into dust. She can't use her magic on living beings but the doll isn't alive it just forms a connection with something that is. It'd be a nice twist to redeem this, mostly, silly excuse for an arc.

saya1987
March 18, 2011, 01:53 PM
I wonder if Ultear could age the doll (after it takes a hair from Natsu or Lucy) and in turn age the person into dust. She can't use her magic on living beings but the doll isn't alive it just forms a connection with something that is. It'd be a nice twist to redeem this, mostly, silly excuse for an arc.

This arc is exciting! Hiro is finally doing some character development after 2 arcs. At least for this arc, we know:
1) some info on zeref
2) layla's past
3) some secrets behind FT island
4) gildarts and the black dragon
5) cana's development along with lucy's and natsu's
6) FT members teaming up

As for the battles, I'm happy with how they turned out except for caprico's battle. Currently, it's still too early to decide whether FT has won or lost on a whole. Gray has yet to fight, Erza and Juvia are still in the midst of a battle, the rest are well...coping and there's at least 3 kins running about excluding zancrow who will probably appear again.

Anyway, I just want to let you know that this isn't a silly excuse for an arc.

Yeeehah, I can't wait for 227 and yes, natsu hasn't partnered with lucy in a fight for a really really long time (the earliest incident that I could remember was everlue). Secondly, wouldn't be fun to see happy mocking lucy in the middle of a fight(which the cat never fails to do) or asking random questions and remarks? Not to mention ultear's pissed face as the rest of them goofed around?

I'm actually looking forward more to the funny scenes than the fighting itself. haha.

White Silver King
March 18, 2011, 02:18 PM
This arc is exciting!
I don't find it exciting to know the ending of every battle before the characters FT will fight are even introduced. Mashima's fanboiness is wearing on me heavily...

Anyway, I just want to let you know that this isn't a bullshit excuse for an arc.

That's your opinion, I'm entitled to my own.

ghostexiled
March 18, 2011, 04:47 PM
Guys... try to keep focused on talking about the chapter and predictions for the series and not about Mashima and his ability to tell us a story.

If you must talk about that... take it to the Hangout thread.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of the series whether it be good or bad... but please try and refrain from using explicit words to describe your thoughts.

Thanks!

Kuzumikun
March 19, 2011, 12:27 AM
I would consider the chapter exciting, the arc is eh so and so. Natsu and Lucy should be able to handle them too. I have no clue how Lucy can help Natsu though. There are no exploding things around them(like in Phantom Arc where she used the horse dude) to help Natsu gain some power back. But the title of the next chapter is called "Lucy Fire" so i guess she will make her own fire?(Using twigs and a leaf haha). She can also use Gemini to turn into fire or something? Can Gemini turn into fire? Anyways it may seem that they are toast though, but i still believe in them!

Atobe the king
March 19, 2011, 01:06 AM
I just want to step in and say...it's a shounen manga...you should know what you're getting yourself into the moment you start reading. Manga fans still can't seem to wrap their heads around the idea that it's the story of the artist (who's primary fanbase is japanese another thing people forget in addition to the fact that many of us are also older than the target demographic) if it went the way the fans wanted it to go what the fuck (excuse my language) would be the point of reading it. Just hang on for the ride see how it goes and don't take it too seriously. That said FT is one of the better shounen, i gave up on all the others but im excited for this one weekly.

That aside, i'm also wondering how Lucy will help Natsu, her arguably strongest spirit is OOC, all i can think of is Capricorn.

@saya1987 definitely liked some of the revelations that came out of this arc, especially Zeref showing up, though i didn't expect him to be so bishie tbqh.

ca12nag3
March 19, 2011, 01:48 AM
Think its time for Lucy to stop tossing spirits at her oponents without thinking and actualy think of a real strategy. She has Gemini,Cancer and some other keys still in the pocket.
Also she has her whip doesnt she? I forgot if she still has it from her time in Edolas.

And yes this is a shonen :D Be it a shonen with a good main story line (the search for Natsus dad ofc) And the easily distinguishable characters. Not many mangas have that well and diverse drawn characters. ^^

Atobe the king
March 19, 2011, 04:29 AM
If Lucy starts thinking strategically for every fight (she seems to use Aquarius quite well its just that the exchange afterward makes you forget Lucky just did something smart) it won't be as much fun =(. I too am waiting for her to get a bit more serious but...who will be responsible for comic relief battles? Her serious battles are probably going to be handled by Loki solo from now on sad the other spirits became joke fodder...

ca12nag3
March 19, 2011, 05:45 AM
If Lucy starts thinking strategically for every fight (she seems to use Aquarius quite well its just that the exchange afterward makes you forget Lucky just did something smart) it won't be as much fun =(. I too am waiting for her to get a bit more serious but...who will be responsible for comic relief battles? Her serious battles are probably going to be handled by Loki solo from now on sad the other spirits became joke fodder...

When she was up against *whats her name again that killed Karen* she was rather serious and even tho she won thrue a borrowed spell she did try to fight with heart and tactic. She just didnt know the interactions between the zodiacs that well but shes learning.
I have no doubt that Lucy is 1 of the mages with high potential that does not only serve as comical relief and fanservice :D Tho i dont mind it but i think there is a lot more to her then we see just yet. ^^

kkck
March 19, 2011, 10:28 PM
To be honest I don't see natsu and lucy winning this one/ Well, rather I don't think the fight will end with a definite winner. The most likely scenario is that kain will be defeated and urtear will run of with zeref. I just can't imagine natsu being involved with more grimmoire heart defeats...

ca12nag3
March 20, 2011, 01:51 AM
Hmm well Natsu defeated multiple targets in 1 arc before nothing strange there.
Mostly he fights and wins vs more then 1 oponent, and well thats just without counting the small fries. The below arcs is just by mind what i remember so far.
Also the other characters in FT usualy only fight 1 oponent at best. Besides Erza i believe she took on more in some arcs.

-Lullaby arc (kageyama+Erigor)
-Phantom arc (Totomaru+Gejeel)
-OS arc (Cobra+Zero)

saya1987
March 20, 2011, 01:55 AM
I don't think team natsu will win too. The fight will probably get interuppted somehow either with a new character appearing or ultear running away with zeref. She has more important stuff to do than goofing around with the rest of them. I just hope that team natsu will put up a good fight.

crazyrandomstreak
March 20, 2011, 03:38 AM
Umm hi. I just decide to say a few things.

1: Urtear will not be defeated. For plot reasons. She already escaped once in Galuna Island. (remember Jellal? escaped death once and is probably staying till the end.) She will most likely battle for a while, leave Kain to handle the Natsu and Lucy, run away with Zeref. FT has yet to battle tarataros( sorry for horrid spelling) She'll probably take him there.

2: Kain will most likely go down down down. Coz someone has to stay behind while Urtear escapes. Guess he'll most likely be the one to go down. I can see Natsu and Lucy using the raid thing to kill/stop him.

3. Erza and Juvia will defeat Meldy. They have to. I have trust in Erza. I have a feeling Juvia will be unable to battle at the end, Erza only able to protect people and fight at okayish levels.

4. Cana will not meet any of the 7 kin. reasons being someone has to revive the master (she happens to be the most likely candidate) and if she meets any kin, oddss are, she's probably dead. Also, plot reasons.

5. Technically right now on the island, assuming Erza and Juvia take down Meldy, there are 2 kin (Azuma+Rustyrose). I do not forsee either escaping, due to their general irrelevance to the plot besides, well, opponents.

6. Technically, the only person on the island who is in a stable condition, has not been involved in a very violent fight with any kin is Gray. Yups, insane.

7. I do not see Freed or Bixlow coming back. Bixlow's I can see your soul thing is probably going to come in on Zeref. And it can't come in that early. I throw these two people out of the picture first.

8. Gildartz , I won't say he isn't coming back, but most likely not.If he does, it's most likely to trash Azuma.

9. Gray has a tendency of battling the queerest characters, but 1v1 Rustyrose is going to be a really harsh battle.

10. FACT: someone has to take down Azuma. I happen not to be counting on anyone off the island to that. No, I do not think Laxus OR Gildartz OR a weakened Erza OR a terribly weakened Natsu Or a half-dead Mirajane/Gajeel OR Levy/Lisanna Or Cana to defeat him.

11. Unfortunately, that leads to a "Gray after finishing of Rustyrose must help fight/defeat/play a part in defeating Azuma. " Which is technically tough/insane/close to impossible/impossible. Already him defeating Rustyrose (he has to) is super tough (Rustyrose took down Elfman+ Evergreen, his powers are quite insane)

12. How can Gray win both Azuma and Rustyrose?

13. I have no clue. Enlightenment please >.< ! or suggetions? anything!

miramira
March 20, 2011, 10:10 AM
@crazyrandomstreak:

To be honest I have no clue either xD I also ponder on the things you said and I agree with your thoughts from 1 ~ 13 :"D Especially #10 and #8. I really can't fathom either that Gildartz will return but I'd say if he did he'd be the perfect opponent for Azuma.

I have trust in Erza.

Yes, we'll count on Erza to beat Meldy (not that I'm underestimating Meldy) but I'm sure they'll win that one (with or without Juvia, as I also think she'll lose.) If they don't... well, I guess FT's in more trouble than I already think they're in, and they'll need some stronger support on their side in order to win this (not likely? hmm)

Don't know why, but I think if Erza won vs Meldy it makes the probability of FT winning against GH overall. I'm NOT saying everything depends on Erza, only that her battles most often reflects FT's overall battle status ^_^ Usually when she's down, almost everyone else is and when she's revived or pumped up, so is everyone. So I think if Erza loses against Meldy, it's most likely FT will lose to GH in this arc.

Monocle21
March 20, 2011, 10:42 AM
i hope the 7 kin don't end up joining FT like Juvia and Gazille did... though we already got Capricorn joining...

kkck
March 20, 2011, 10:45 AM
Caprico is not technically a mage of FT though, his situation is not the same as lucy's. He joined lucy, not fairy tail.

Marche
March 20, 2011, 12:53 PM
Caprico is not technically a mage of FT though, his situation is not the same as lucy's. He joined lucy, not fairy tail.That's right. Beside in the truth was not Caprico one of the 7 kin.

Drakk707
March 20, 2011, 02:24 PM
@crazyrandomstreak and @miramira Don't forget Mest and the Magic Council are involved in all of this too. Btw I think Zeref will wake up in the midst of Lucy/Natsu vs Kain/Ultear battle and go on a rampage or something among those lines.

White Silver King
March 22, 2011, 09:22 AM
I just want to step in and say...it's a shounen manga...you should know what you're getting yourself into the moment you start reading. Manga fans still can't seem to wrap their heads around the idea that it's the story of the artist (who's primary fanbase is japanese another thing people forget in addition to the fact that many of us are also older than the target demographic) if it went the way the fans wanted it to go what the fuck (excuse my language) would be the point of reading it. Just hang on for the ride see how it goes and don't take it too seriously. That said FT is one of the better shounen, i gave up on all the others but im excited for this one weekly.

Yes, I am fully aware of that. But, based on the ones I've read, most Shonen mangaka at least try to create half-decent excuses for their main characters' unbeatability and/or actually let them lose against an opponent at their level or slightly above *gasps*! Shaman King, Claymore, D.Gray-Man, even One Piece have all had such events which served to develop the characters in a way senseless winning cannot. Out of all the manga I've ever read, FT lacks the most character development but how can you have any when the entire manga revolves around bullshit reasons for power ups and victories in battle (that's when an "explanation" is even given, mind you)? There is a fine line between "It's just a Shonen manga" and bad writing. From what I've seen, Mashima is sitting on that line in a tank ready to plow through it.