PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, everyone

sylvie
March 13, 2011, 10:12 AM
Greetings...
I'm in the midwest, United States. I've lived all over the states but my home area would be the Pacific Northwest.

:nuts I watch whatever anime I can get a hold of. Animes that stand out that I liked were Natsume Yuujinchou, Mushishi, Monster, DGrayman, and Escaflowne but the list goes on and on. It is really hard for me to truly land on any one anime that I like the most.

:s Manga: I've read some of Blade of the Immortal, and one or two more. I haven't read as much manga as I would like but would like to start. Having actual volumes of manga would be difficult in my current location. (I have to drive an hour to find a place that MIGHT have a good manga or anime.)

:music I enjoy many different types of music. Oldies, alternative, rock, pop... But the least favorite would likely be western.

:D Genres I like: sci-fi, supernatural, fantasy, drama, action. Mostly, I like a good story. If there is something that draws me into it, I will read or watch it.

:hinata So... thanks for reading...

Kyouria
March 13, 2011, 03:10 PM
Why not read manga online?

Anyways, welcome to MH forums! (: I like similar genres too! Hope you have fun here.

Channy
March 14, 2011, 01:11 AM
Yeah the Pacific Northwest represent lol

Hello Sylvie I am Channy

Whats your favorite color
Whats your Favorite type of food
Favorite thing about the Pacific Northwest
Favorite Beer
Favorite Liquor

and if you have time you should join the Fun Forum

sylvie
March 14, 2011, 06:47 PM
@ Kyouria
Thanks for the welcome! :D
Yes, that's what I'm out for... looking for the mangas online.
I do have a small monitor so it makes reading it on the computer a bit annoying depending on what I'm reading, but I'm going to try to get some manga fix in.

@ Channy
Favorite color: Red - One of the colors I look best in.

Favorite type of food: Asian - Chinese and/or Vietnamese usually. I grew up eating plenty of Asian food so when I don't get any, I start jones'ing for a fix.

Favorite of the NW: The greenery. There's a lot of great views, fresh air, wildlife, Mount Rainier. When you visit many places around the states, their forests don't really hold up.

Favorite Beer: ...don't really drink beer. I've never acquired the taste. The aftertaste gets to me.

Favorite Liquor: When I drink, I usually have a bit of red wine. But outright liquor, perhaps spiced rum if it's something straight. I don't drink a lot though.

:) Thanks! I'll take a good look around when I can.

M3J
March 14, 2011, 07:49 PM
You can use mangaupdates.com or mangareader.net for manga. The former provides you a list of manga with the scanlator's site so you can download or read online if they have the option. Mangareader provides you manga to read online.

SIMPLE AS PIMPLE!

Oh, and welcome to MH!

sylvie
March 14, 2011, 07:59 PM
:vash Awesome! Thanks for the welcome and site references.

lordHokage
March 20, 2011, 07:43 AM
Hello sylvie,

Welcome to MH and the zone. Are you a Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and Hinata fan?

Take care, lordHokage. :)

sylvie
March 23, 2011, 07:16 PM
Hello, LordHokage! :)

I watch Naruto and I am a Hinata fan. :D

It's been a while since I've watched Bleach though. They kept going onto other side plots so I'm a little behind.

One Piece is one that I haven't gotten into.

I like to do the marathon mode....
watching seasons of shows at a time, or reading a whole volume of something versus just a chapter...in order to delve deep into the story.

or maybe I'm too impatient to wait. :p

M3J
March 23, 2011, 08:48 PM
Give One Piece a try! It's a good manga! Some do say the early arcs weren't as good, though the later arcs are great. I say most arcs are pretty good!

Hinata fan ftw!