PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing [Webtoon] KUBERA by currygom

Kyouria
March 14, 2011, 11:30 AM
NAVER MANHWA: KUBERA (http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=131385&no=24&weekday=sun)

KUBERA

Name: Kubera: One Last God
Year: 2010
Author: currygom (Story & Art)
Direction: Left to Right / Down
Synopsis: Her name was Kubera. The one and only human who shared the same name with a God. Destined to save the world, she is forced out of her home at a remote mountain village when the town meets a fiery end to it and all of its villagers. Accompanied by a magician veiled with mysteries, watch as the world trembles at the war against the gods. - Written by Grumpy of The Company

TheBoss
September 08, 2012, 12:43 PM
Mann im so glad I pick this up. This manhwa starts realllly slow, but then you just cant stop reading. All the character are well done and deep enough to make you like them, Specially Asha and Gandharva. Its a great manhwa and I know you guys would like it too, so good reading:)

halfcrzy
September 08, 2012, 07:49 PM
Haha finally has a thread! i was confused, all this time and all these chapters and no thread? Well chapter 100 just came out, waiting for the new season to be scanned!

vizardichigo
October 16, 2012, 10:34 PM
Nice series...About 30 chapters in and i am enjoying it alot thus far...

TheBoss
November 21, 2012, 06:53 PM
I must say I'm impressed by currygon's plot abylities, I never supposed he could make a plot so interesting for so long time. And plus such great characters...
Asha rulez all!

TheBoss
December 28, 2012, 08:06 PM
:onoz
Chap 122 is just pure awesomeness at the end with the death priest talking with Asha D:
Currygom is getting better and better xD

sjmiii
February 05, 2013, 12:37 AM
Yeah it is really good. So the death priest confirmed Asha probably was not trying to kill her so what was the purpose? Maybe an attempt to draw out something in a near death experience perhaps?

Son-Derling
February 08, 2013, 11:51 AM
holy shit.....hey sexy lady!

Reclaimer
February 08, 2013, 11:53 AM
Given that the author has joked that Kubera's real face is actually the extremely ugly face which he occasionally draws, Kubera could now have a sexy body with an extremely ugly face. :D

TheBoss
February 08, 2013, 03:14 PM
Well xD She draws the way she fells I guess. Just look at Kubera when she is sad and she will be real cute ^^

Razh
February 10, 2013, 07:25 PM
I wonder what the hell happened. Maybe that stuff from visions wasn't such a distant future after all. Unless Curry is trolling and it's just something that won't last long.

Who knows, maybe Yuta will grow to rank 3 soon. Damn, it was more fun when the chapters were piled up, as always.

TheBoss
February 10, 2013, 10:05 PM
I wonder what the hell happened. Maybe that stuff from visions wasn't such a distant future after all. Unless Curry is trolling and it's just something that won't last long.

Who knows, maybe Yuta will grow to rank 3 soon. Damn, it was more fun when the chapters were piled up, as always.
Its seems pretty soon, remember when Asha used visnu magic she had to give something in return...

yeah but at least it updates faster than Id xD

Razh
May 18, 2013, 02:32 AM
An awkward moment when chapters 142 and 143 are same on Mangareader. Lol.

TheBoss
May 18, 2013, 09:37 AM
An awkward moment when chapters 142 and 143 are same on Mangareader. Lol.
Go on batoto to read them, Its much better to read it from the translators themselves ^^

Razh
May 18, 2013, 03:04 PM
Don't worry, it didn't take long for me to find it and read it. I know my interwebz ;)

What's with Kubera now, anyway.

TheBoss
May 18, 2013, 03:26 PM
What's with Kubera now, anyway.
You read the latest chapter?
So we finally get the confirmation that God kubera is really vanishing because of the loss of his name. Which is quite interesting since Agni said there is lots of children named agni. Maybe the "name" is something way more precious than it seems...

0Xellos
May 27, 2013, 10:11 AM
Another chapter out. http://www.batoto.net/read/_/173104/kubera_v2_ch42_by_the-company

I'm a bit confused by the recent turn of events. Why did Kubera (the god) draw the sword, if Sagara takes a form in which it can't cut her? Makes it kind of useless, no? But things will get interesting when Sagara, Kubera (x2), Yuta and Maruna meet. :popcorn

TheBoss
May 27, 2013, 01:20 PM
Well He could still cut sagara, but only when she tried to attack him...
Yuta will kick some snake ass next week :arf

exxp
May 28, 2013, 09:43 AM
^

Sagara decided to retreat. As long she doesn't change her mind, maybe no clash will happen.
But there's still possiblity that she will work in avenging her mates who got eaten by Yuta .. ?

Whatever, Sagara won't die yet.

TheBoss
May 28, 2013, 09:47 AM
I know xD But I meant like *Yuta is here bitch, you better start running :hip*

Really, the whole Chaos sura are by far the more interesting ones ^^

exxp
May 28, 2013, 09:59 AM
I know xD But I meant like *Yuta is here bitch, you better start running :hip*

Really, the whole Chaos sura are by far the more interesting ones ^^

Aah! Yes, she will get the chills by just sensing him, just like Grandharva.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

What I like also to add: not the whole Chaos clan are interesting, just Yuta, the son of Kali.
Really ... Why didn't he got any god powers or features from his mother?

I thought once ... "Will there be a day he'll be able to speak up like Nastika and gods?"

TheBoss
May 28, 2013, 02:33 PM
What I like also to add: not the whole Chaos clan are interesting, just Yuta, the son of Kali.
Really ... Why didn't he got any god powers or features from his mother?

I thought once ... "Will there be a day he'll be able to speak up like Nastika and gods?"
Ah but they are interesting! They were banned from history, and hold a pretty wicked power... Besides crazy characters always bring good things to the plots xD

Its too soon to tell, besides he the son of Garuda and there is all that thing going about his kids remember? We need to know more about that too.

exxp
June 16, 2013, 08:33 AM
Which chapter Brahma appeared wearing pyjamas and watching TV?

TheBoss
June 16, 2013, 08:53 AM
Which chapter Brahma appeared wearing pyjamas and watching TV?
I think it was on The Finite, wasnt it?

exxp
June 16, 2013, 12:39 PM
I think it was on The Finite, wasnt it?

Then which part of it?

TheBoss
June 16, 2013, 02:40 PM
Its a novel, so text only xP Dont ask me my memory i crap for this small funny details xD

exxp
June 20, 2013, 02:28 PM
^

Then which chapter they talked about Idha Etu magic?
There were some kids with the Priestess of Fire Brilith back then...

I think there Brahma appeared wearing pyjamas.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Oh ... It's on the 2nd part of When it rained fire~

TheBoss
June 20, 2013, 03:22 PM
Did you see that Kubera still has 10, with 26500+ readers on naver '-' The koreans are really liking the story ^^

exxp
June 25, 2013, 07:24 AM
Yeah, it's always 10 or 9.9
But about the number of Korean readers, I never noticed it before, so thanks for telling me

---------- Post added June 25, 2013 at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was June 20, 2013 at 11:40 PM ----------

I have been wondering...
It's known that the Nastika are stronger than the Astika, but are they stronger than the Primeval Gods?
Wasn't there any part of any chapter mentioned this?

TheBoss
June 25, 2013, 07:49 AM
I have been wondering...
It's known that the Nastika are stronger than the Astika, but are they stronger than the Primeval Gods?
Wasn't there any part of any chapter mentioned this?
Well the really huge bonus of the Astika is that they can be reborn, while the Nastika die and thats it.
You can "destroy" a Primeval god, but not kill him.

exxp
June 25, 2013, 11:37 AM
The Primeval Gods aren't Astika, right?
I'm really expect huge surprises soon about their power because one of them did huge changes on the whole universe.

If not, then the Nastika are the real thing in Kubera Manhwa.

TheBoss
June 25, 2013, 07:31 PM
Well they created both Astika and Nastika, but I wonder why they hate each other so much... besides all that favoring and protecting the humans stuff.

scav
June 29, 2013, 02:01 PM
started this manhwa, around chapter 30 atm. its good but the pace is too damn slow and the main char is the most boring char so far.

TheBoss
June 29, 2013, 02:26 PM
started this manhwa, around chapter 30 atm. its good but the pace is too damn slow and the main char is the most boring char so far.
Currygom gets better at it with time, but why exactly you think kubera is boring? Because she gets saved by Asha everytime?
Btw just to tell you, this manhwa is supposed to be a romance, even if currygom herself said she fails at that xD

scav
June 29, 2013, 03:00 PM
well the problem with kubera, so far she have no impact to the story as a main char. it's all about her eating and following asha around. I dont see any char development. As for romance its non existent around the main char (almost chapter 40)

TheBoss
June 29, 2013, 03:18 PM
well the problem with kubera, so far she have no impact to the story as a main char. it's all about her eating and following asha around. I dont see any char development. As for romance its non existent around the main char (almost chapter 40)
You will undertand better when Alexander shows up and Leez gets the Golden Knight's bracelet ...
And the romance, well now we have pretty much a lot of it, specially Yuta x Leez or Alexander x Leez.

Wowzers
June 29, 2013, 04:08 PM
And when you do meet Alexander, know that that name is just a pet name, given by the fans. His name hasn't officially been given... even though we know who it is. :)

Happy confusion! :XD

TheBoss
June 29, 2013, 04:49 PM
And when you do meet Alexander, know that that name is just a pet name, given by the fans. His name hasn't officially been given... even though we know who it is. :)

Happy confusion! :XD
Yeah :lmao
Alexander fits him much better than God Kubera xP

Bhoot
July 22, 2013, 01:56 PM
I recently read this whole series [my holidays end this week , i finished so many series in this time ;p]

Anyways , all the character names seem to be influenced by Hindu mythology .
Well the story is very lossly based on it though [just what powers astik gods have and hence what their powers do]

Anywho,i ll translations for ya :
nastik = aethist
astik = opposite of aethist [sorry i dont know the exact word , basically someone who believes in god]
Agni = Fire [here referencing to the god of fire]
Vayu = Wind [Referenced to Pavan , god of wind]
Indra = God of lightning and rain [supposedly the leader, famous for a bad temper]
Surya = Sun [or Sun God]
Asha = Hope [alright so , this is actually quite a famous name as well]
Yama = God of death [basically ur Grim Reaper]
hoti = happens
bhavati = takes place [first time my knowledge of sanskrit is doing me some good ;p]
Kubera/Kuber = Lord of wealth and the god-king of the semi-divine [Had to google this one , Kuber as such isnt such a famous god]
Rakshas/Asur = Demons

P.S
As per mythology , there are only 3 primevil gods namely Brahma [the creator , basically he created and continues to create all life] , Vishnu [The protector , protects the people from evil] and Shiv [The Destroyer , destroys all evil]
Kali as such is a form of Shiva's wife and as such is called adi-shkati [half-power] and as such only when Shiv and his wife combine is the full power released. Also it is said that only Shiv can tame Kali as he is the only one that is match her wilderness

0Xellos
August 15, 2013, 11:17 AM
So, at the end of Rift, Yuta's levelling up. I checked the raws to see how it goes,
and seems he's still just having a fever and stuff, no apparent changes so far. Except this one: just as stages of Sura development are similar to human growth, he seems to be like a boy in puberty right now. Meaning, when Leez gets intimately close to him, he makes a funny face. And I tell you, a Sura making a funny face sure is a sight to see :popcorn

TheBoss
August 15, 2013, 04:42 PM
So, at the end of Rift, Yuta's levelling up. I checked the raws to see how it goes,
and seems he's still just having a fever and stuff, no apparent changes so far. Except this one: just as stages of Sura development are similar to human growth, he seems to be like a boy in puberty right now. Meaning, when Leez gets intimately close to him, he makes a funny face. And I tell you, a Sura making a funny face sure is a sight to see :popcorn
Hehe, Yuta already is one of the more popular characters, and I think his popularity will only increase from now on xD
Btw this post on Batoto foruns made me awe. (http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/14193-ashas-skill-her-hand-and-hoti-visnu/) Asha has always been my favorite character, but this guy theory just made me D:

exxp
August 25, 2013, 03:03 PM
Yuta's replacement-mother was right. He wasn't in love with her but attached for his desire as a Chaos Sura.
Well, that doesn't mean she's only that to him.

TheBoss
September 02, 2013, 10:09 PM
If you guys read the raw of chapter 55... I think its definitely on my top ten of all manhwas I read until today :wtf

TheMoa
October 13, 2013, 08:57 AM
wow... Gandharva stirring things up

0Xellos
October 13, 2013, 01:11 PM
Sura form :wtf:dancin:bearydance:popcorn

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

If you guys read the raw of chapter 55... I think its definitely on my top ten of all manhwas I read until today :wtf

It was one of my top 10 before it was cool!

exxp
October 18, 2013, 03:24 PM
I wonder why Kubera manhwa isn't as popular as Noblesse

strixflash
October 21, 2013, 02:12 AM

I dropped Kubera as I hate the main lead. She is annoying as hell... Noblesse is popular because it has interesting main characters even though the plot is repetitive.

Razh
October 24, 2013, 09:52 AM
I kinda hoped to see Riagara scared shitless, but oh well.

EDIT: Dafuq Yuta!?

TheBoss
November 18, 2013, 07:21 PM
wow... Gandharva stirring things up
Uhum, I still predict that Asha will die soon too.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

It was one of my top 10 before it was cool!
It had to compete with Annarasumanara and ToG, so the fight wasnt easy xD

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Kubera is like a good mystery novel, if you dont have time nor patience so read between the lines and think about it, you are not going to enjoy it.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

I dropped Kubera as I hate the main lead. She is annoying as hell... Noblesse is popular because it has interesting main characters even though the plot is repetitive.
Leez is hardly annoying, she is naive, yes, but to call her annoying just because of that is rather tasteless.
If anything about Kubera threw you out, should be the slow pace. Things take a while to move, and they can stay in the same city for lots of chapters.
Noblesse is all about the intense fights, like Bleach was before it.

exxp
December 12, 2013, 08:21 AM
I don't how they expect a village girl who didn't come to school like Kubera Leez to notice things correctly
Actually she's smart as how Claude -the death magician- noticed
Also she's respectful to laws in a good way and have a good eye for justice

She might be my favorite character later, after Yuta

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Well, shall all of us continue this topic only in the bigest Kubera forum?
I'll focuse in there...

0Xellos
December 16, 2013, 08:17 AM
New chapters out. Gandharva sure has some mood swings... but more importantly, Leez be mad ^_^

Wowzers
December 23, 2013, 07:28 PM
Last chapter:

Leez be mad
This chapter:
Leez be bad ass! (http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=131385&no=178&weekday=tue)

Bhoot
December 24, 2013, 01:55 PM
Last chapter:

This chapter:
Leez be bad ass! (http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=131385&no=178&weekday=tue)

Leez be a mad bad ass . I coulndt understand anything , but the first couple of panels and the last panel freaked me out ..... where is that adorably annoying girl ??

2bst2d
December 27, 2013, 07:04 PM
Leez be a mad bad ass . I coulndt understand anything , but the first couple of panels and the last panel freaked me out ..... where is that adorably annoying girl ??

It's a different personality/person speaking through Leez. Speculations: could be Leez's "power of the name" alternate personality, or it could be Ananta.

Son-Derling
January 06, 2014, 06:56 AM
whoa! The end.....THE END!!! Scary face...nice drawing!

halfcrzy
January 06, 2014, 09:07 PM
Haha nice chapter. With Kasak showing up here guess Yuta will be leveling up any chapter now. I notice he was grabbing his heart as if in pain, and it was foretold the 2nd meeting Kasak wouldn't be able to beat Yuta anymore.

Son-Derling
March 03, 2014, 01:54 AM
chapter 181:
hmmmm
i don´t understand mr kasak

0Xellos
March 03, 2014, 05:52 PM
chapter 181:
hmmmm
i don´t understand mr kasak

I guess he's been mindfucked mind controlled.