PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 227 Discussion/ 228 Predictions

ghostexiled
March 15, 2011, 06:27 PM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 or so), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68537) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

saya1987
March 21, 2011, 10:03 AM
lucy's literally on fire....lol, do you think natsu and lucy may have switched bodies? haha.

Krono
March 21, 2011, 10:17 AM
lucy's literally on fire....lol, do you think natsu and lucy may have switched bodies? haha.

Probably has to do with the doll floating near Natsu.

Fairy Tail (Cover, Lead Color, 35p)
This mean next Chapter 228 get 35 page?

It should.

GOLD.
March 21, 2011, 10:18 AM
looks like this natsu and lucy team is hilarious! did natsu set lucy on fire? and what happend to ultear?

saya1987
March 21, 2011, 10:26 AM
ultear probably left...what a killjoy. I still think it will be hilarious to see ultear pissed while the rest of them are goofing around.

kkck
March 21, 2011, 10:49 AM
Urtear probably left with zeref which means kain has to fight natsu (a fellow lost magic user and one strong enough to punch the crap out of him when in metal form) and lucy, a reasonably versatile fighter with many spirits and a decent amount of luck when it comes to battle(which kinda makes up for her lack of battle instinct so to speak). Anyways, it seems the fire is a combination of natsu's magic and kain's magic. I guess they used kain's doll to power up lucy....

Ero-Sanji
March 21, 2011, 11:03 AM
Kain probably got a hold of Lucy's hair put in on the doll, later on Natsu got a hold of the doll and probably set it on fire, hehe!

LoS
March 21, 2011, 04:56 PM
I really hope the chapter is more than what I saw in the few pictures uploaded, because that is entirely too predictable all things considered, and to be honest a continuation of disappointment(for me personally at least).

Natsu and Lucy pairing up together, there are always silly/somewhat dumb attempts at comedic relief, and Lucy usually getting put in a tough situation via thanks to Natsu.

We all assumed that Kain's magic would be used against himself through his medium, the doll.

Another 7 kin goes down looking like a chump, the FT squad are just simply invincible. Oh, thats' right, Mashima wants to highlight "teamwork" and let me guess, if they decide to team up they just can't be beaten, for the most part at least.

Ahhhhhh, 3 kin left plus Hades. It's a shame that FT will be able to match up against the 7 kin when all is said and done, and that one way or another some deus ex machina will appear to save the lives of the FT members before Hades utterly destroys everyone and makes off with Zeref.

For a few weeks now I have been tightly grasping at the glimmer of hope that when the arc concludes there is some redeeming act or string of events which make up for the complete 180 Mashima did after the amazing intro of this arc. I will still cling to hope that Mashima improves this poor run of events and the conclusion is acceptable.

sarutobi_sensei
March 21, 2011, 06:42 PM
Haha, Lucy on fire xD The expression has never been so well used xD

ghostexiled
March 21, 2011, 07:16 PM
Please remember to not post links to Manga-Hideout because they require members to register to view their material.

Only post links to sites that allow members to view them without any kind of registration or to just just post the pics here.

Thanks!

EDIT: Here is a site that is allowed and has the spoiler pics:

http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail-227-Raw-Scan

White Silver King
March 21, 2011, 07:56 PM
I really hope the chapter is more than what I saw in the few pictures uploaded, because that is entirely too predictable all things considered, and to be honest a continuation of disappointment(for me personally at least).
....Why are you surprised? Am I really the only who's been aware of Mashima's monotony since the Oracion Seis arc (and before it)?

LoS
March 21, 2011, 08:06 PM
surprised

not in the slightest, just continually losing hope.

I was never a fan of Edolas from the start, and Mashima really screwed himself on that one by opting to go the route of something incredibly difficult to pull off with a huge payoff if done well. This test arc had all the makings of something nonstop dramatic and continuous climaxes one after another, but it just has not been so.

coolerthanzerok
March 22, 2011, 12:07 AM
I still think Fairy Tail is screwed without reinforcements. I don't BELIEVE Urtear has been beaten yet. So there are still 4 more Kin. They're not even half-done yet, and the remaining ones are probably the stronger ones anyways. I always sorta assumed Kain would be the weakest of the group...

Tsukisama
March 22, 2011, 12:11 AM
I still think Fairy Tail is screwed without reinforcements. I don't BELIEVE Urtear has been beaten yet. So there are still 4 more Kin. They're not even half-done yet, and the remaining ones are probably the stronger ones anyways. I always sorta assumed Kain would be the weakest of the group...

I agree. I am fairly confident that Urtear shall leave or something but won't be defeated here. The villains that I see (or hope to see) moving on from this arc are Hades, Urtear, and Zeref (who is not quite a villain yet but shall turn into one most likely). Kain will go down, and Meldy probably will too.

I too agree with Kain always seeming like the weakest of the Kin. Manga rule #17: In a group of villains, the ugliest person is usually the weakest.

ghostexiled
March 22, 2011, 12:15 AM
to add to your list Tsuki...

I think that Asuma has a pretty good chance of moving on with the stronger crowd as well.

I will also restate that I think that Zancrow is not finished with yet either.

LoS
March 22, 2011, 12:24 AM
Kind of odd that none of you are naming Caprico as your initial bottom feeder of the 7 Kin, I mean he was an animal and pretty obviously a spirit to all board members, and there is lucky Lucy who for plot purposes was always going to gain use of him...

Kain's personality always struck me as a bottom guy, but Meldy always struck me as the top half. The Robot nature seemed stronger than say Kain's quirky-awkward nature.

I can see Urtear, Azuma, Hades, and Zeref all leaving.

Rustyrose going down, and Meldy somehow converted to the light, not necessarily outright defeated by Erza.

Mashiro_Luna
March 22, 2011, 12:33 AM
I hope the remaining kin (and Zancrow) move onto future arcs with Hades and a revived Zeref as the main Big Bads of the series.

I am disappointed in Kain thought he would be much stronger but he got beaten in two chapters.

ghostexiled
March 22, 2011, 12:41 AM
At first Caprico struck me as a top tier GH member just from his calm presence and how he was the one to be able to summon the entire GH fodder troops.

Also he was taking on 4 of the FT members at the same time... before befalling the quick defeat brought on by him losing his calm nature that made him a badass.

Tsukisama
March 22, 2011, 01:23 AM
to add to your list Tsuki...

I think that Asuma has a pretty good chance of moving on with the stronger crowd as well.

I completely forgot about him and Rustyrose. :XD

Asuma might move on unless Elfman goes to the aid of his sisters, Mira somehow gets up again, and the three of them unite through some sort of resolve high to topple their foe.

Rusty will probably go down to Gray like others have predicted.

I think Zancrow will move on too and will fight again. Basically, the only ones I think are most likely to fall are Kain and Rusty. Asuma and Meldy are big maybes for me at this point.

LoS
March 22, 2011, 01:53 AM
I am disappointed in Kain thought he would be much stronger

there is a reason he got a stomping, every time we have seen him he has been nearly exclusively used for comedic relief.

Mira somehow gets up again, and the three of them unite through some sort of resolve high to topple their foe.

whoa, talk about overkill no one other than Hades would survive all out Mira and then an Elf overpowered from seeing his siblings injured. Also I find this(personally) a silly idea. Lisanna has been defeated twice in a row now, and Mira suffered a quite significant injury. Someone from FT needs to sit down and miss an opportunity to continue fighting, else it would be pretty much a damn joke.

Mashiro_Luna
March 22, 2011, 03:30 AM
there is a reason he got a stomping, every time we have seen him he has been nearly exclusively used for comedic relief.

That was part of the reason I thought he was strong, so he would surprise us by whipping out some crazy awesome power and beat someone, but guess that wasn't the case.

LoS
March 22, 2011, 03:56 AM
Personally I don't mind him. Unlike many of the recurring jokes and gaffs which occur in the series I actually find him humorous.

kkck
March 22, 2011, 08:28 AM

I am not sure as to how much urtear will be able to fight from now though. She has fought zeref, who apparently did beat her up a bit and went up against natsu who also apparently did manage to hold his ground fairly well until lucy got there. In that sense, urtear has been slowly but surely getting drained. I don't think she is anywhere near her full strength as of now.

Krono
March 22, 2011, 09:02 AM
That was part of the reason I thought he was strong, so he would surprise us by whipping out some crazy awesome power and beat someone, but guess that wasn't the case.

According to the Fairy Tail wikia, Kain's based off Mashima's newest assistant. Assuming it's correct which it quite possibly is, the odds of him getting any sort of major role were always minimal.

White Silver King
March 22, 2011, 09:07 AM

I don't understand why so many people think that. He's already been used up, what good is he? You guys really want him to come back and maybe beat one of the lesser members of FT and then turn around and get his ass senselessly handed back to him by Natsu again? It was a travesty of writing the first time; I most certainly would not enjoy seeing it again.

Kuzumikun
March 22, 2011, 11:14 AM
I completely forgot about him and Rustyrose. :XD

Asuma might move on unless Elfman goes to the aid of his sisters, Mira somehow gets up again, and the three of them unite through some sort of resolve high to topple their foe.

Rusty will probably go down to Gray like others have predicted.

I think Zancrow will move on too and will fight again. Basically, the only ones I think are most likely to fall are Kain and Rusty. Asuma and Meldy are big maybes for me at this point.

I don't think Mira is getting up anytime soon
What i think is that Lisana and Evergreen will look over Gajeel and Mira as Elfman and Levy will go look for other fairy tail members and stumble across Wendy and the cats (LOL sounds like a band), then Asuma will see them and challenge all of them

as for the next chapter
LUCY is on fire! haha i guess she was literally on fire...

kkck
March 22, 2011, 11:18 AM
Elfman had somewhat serious wounds too. Anyone there desperately needs to be treated by wendy in order to be able to fight. Gazille should be able to heal reasonably fast once he wakes up though, levi should be able to provide him with some iron. Even if levi is perhaps not strong enough to provide enough iron for gazille to completely heal, she could provide enough for him to move.

ghostexiled
March 22, 2011, 01:45 PM
Chapter is out: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/85398766/1

Rarhyx
March 22, 2011, 01:53 PM
i laughed so hard >.<
can't breath anymore
when lucy was "going to die" i thought natsu will go "SUPER SAIYAN" like always, but i didn't expect this outcome^^

kkck
March 22, 2011, 01:54 PM
I don't care what people say, the chapter was awesome lol. Got a good laugh from it. I find it interesting that applying an element to the doll so that the user could powerup would not require a special technique. Using the doll to curse someone is clearly an application but it is clear its main purpose is to power up the actual user. Natsu would have definitely been in trouble had he not been with lucy, I don't think he would have been able to overpower kain in a head on fight.

Atobe the king
March 22, 2011, 01:55 PM
So do we all agree Lucy pulled a Nami or something? (page 12)

Also

"Don't touch my ass" and the Hug of "death" on page 10 and "do you know what joints are" made me chuckle.

That was a great chapter, i'll reiterate what i said last chapter discussion though, people take these things way too seriously.

sarutobi_sensei
March 22, 2011, 01:56 PM
Haha xD I got the same vibe, when Lucy was going to "die" and I thought, damn Natsu's going berserk again, it turns out Ultra Lucy was born xD

Hahahaahahahaha xD So good!

Next chapter's title is really odd. The only thing that comes into mind is that Juvia is going to drench someone in water xD
[hr]

So do we all agree Lucy pulled a Nami or something? (page 12)

Also

"Don't touch my ass" and the Hug of "death" on page 10 made me chuckle.
Oh yeah the hug of death... I wanted to be in there. I could die happy.

Askia32
March 22, 2011, 02:25 PM
Good chapter. Loved the humor and the tag team take down. I also enjoyed seeing, as always, how in sync Natsu and Happy are. Seems like people might get there wish with a Gray vs Ultear battle as well. Well, maybe at least some dialogue between them.

Next chapter looks like Juvia and Erza will take down their opponent. Hopefully we can see some nice combo attacks from them. I do hope we get a page of Cana to see what the heck she is up to.

meepers4982
March 22, 2011, 02:43 PM
i really liked this chapter because of the comic relief and everything and its nice to see haru and lucy working so well together, i havent seen them do that since i dont even remember when. I think next chapter will skip to another character maybe erza leaving us to wonder how natsu is going to get out from under those rocks.

Mashiro_Luna
March 22, 2011, 02:44 PM
Great chapter, much better then expected. It was great to see that Kain was actually beating Natsu down with great ease, if it hadn't been for Kain's idocy losing his doll then Lucy and Natsu might actually have been defeated. This was one victory that didn't seem forced. This chapter was also pretty hilarious.

Looking forward to the next chapter seeing what Meldy's power.

Ero-Sanji
March 22, 2011, 02:47 PM
To be honest this chapter was not one of the best nor one of the better. I mean it was cliché the whole chapter through and very predictable from the beginning were Ultear left to the "big" finisher. What disturbed me the most is that Lucy fire actually managed to finish him off. As one of the seven he should have been able to withstand that but that's just my opinion.

However, what I found amusing was Happy's part in the fight and also the title of the next chapter. It's heavily hinting toward Lluvia and I've really waited to see that part of the arc, I hope Meldy deals a great hit so that we can move forward with the arc and eventually finish it.

eefrit
March 22, 2011, 02:54 PM
OK, I kind of enjoyed that chapter. But you know what would have made it even better? If they did that kind of teamwork to an opponent not hyped so much. That should have been saved for a weaker enemy. Just like how that monster room in Edolas was a comedy fight. Seriously though, what is the point of bringing in one of the "strongest" Dark Guilds if you are going to make the fights just as easy as the last? All Fairy Tail fights don't progress. It seems if all the enemies are of the same strength as the last, just with different abilities.

kkck
March 22, 2011, 03:14 PM
Well, it was not just the fire to be fair. We saw the extent of the power the doll gave to the user when used. Normally a punch of lucy's would not even be felt by natsu but in turn the doll the doll made her powerful enough to actually hurt him with a punch. Heck, kain was actually physically superior to natsu in physical combat for the most part and still lucy was able to kick the crap out of him. Considering the overwhelming power the doll could give someone, the added speed from happy's free fall and lastly the little bit of lost magic from natsu (kain lost to two lost magics) it would actually be surprising if he can take a hit like that to the head and keep fighting.

I am guessing the 13 women has to do with meldy's magic and the rain part has to do with jubia. Perhaps something happens to jubia? I somehow don't see that fight ending, I can't imagine meldy winning against erza nor erza beating the crap out of meldy.

Krono
March 22, 2011, 03:37 PM
It seems if all the enemies are of the same strength as the last, just with different abilities.

That's because that's likely true in most of the cases. Fairy Tail characters started very high up on their world's power scale. So of course the growth in power levels will be much slower.

MechR
March 22, 2011, 04:07 PM
This chapter was hilarious! :D Everything went better than expected.

kkck
March 22, 2011, 04:11 PM
Roughly same thing happened in rave master.... Did we ever saw people stronger than king or doryu? I don't expect any of the balam alliance guilds to be significantly different from each other when it comes to strength. Most enemies are even in the same age group as FT so it makes sense they have roughly the same levels... Based on what we have seen though, can we really say grimmoire heart has not been insanely strong though? Natsu's regular magic did not have a chance in hell of doing anything to zancrow, it was only through a superior fire that natsu got a hit. Rustyrose owned evergreen and elfman which is no small feat. There is no way natsu alone would have had a chance against kain alone, he could barely get a hit in with his abilities for the most part. It took his own magic + natsu's to defeat him. Zoldio had one of the more extreme abilities around and the circumstances of his defeat were weird but when he did fight he took on grey, lucy, cana and loki on his own. Taking grey on that easily is enough of a feat, I doubt any of the fairy tail mages safe from makarov would have had a chance. If the fights had been more straightforward then neither kain nor caprico would have been defeated at all.

exacta
March 22, 2011, 04:21 PM
The chapter was humorous but I probably would've enjoyed it if Kain didn't get defeated like that.....so far the 7 kin either end up defeating their opponent and walking away from the fight looking like a badass, or they just get owned like chumps. Plus I think we've seen enough fighting from Natsu for a bit....really don't think he needed to fight 3(Ultear retreated but I still count it) of the 7 kin members lol.

White Silver King
March 22, 2011, 06:21 PM
Based on what we have seen though, can we really say grimmoire heart has not been insanely strong though?
They are and that just makes what's happening so much worse. Not a single member of Fairy Tail should have won a fight or even have been able to stand up to a member of Grimoire Heart. Natsu still has yet to be defeated but what is more irksome is that he has never won exclusively with his own power and will, not once in this entire series and his win against Zancrow was with the help of his guild master and a highly intellectual ability he has never shown the likes of being capable of. Zoldio's defeat was utter bull shit, that's really all that can be said about that. I'm praying Melody can take out Lluvia with a blink and do some significant damage against Erza before she inevitably gets her ass handed to her.

MonsterEnvy
March 22, 2011, 06:38 PM
victory to fairy tail to the villain being an idiot

i have a feeling that Meredy is going to beat Erza however

Sevenheadedmirror
March 22, 2011, 08:07 PM
I'd say I laughed but it has been idiotically overused. I mean beating the members of grimmoire heart (possibly the only hyped up thing in FT) with a cliché may sound simply unfunny at first but when nobody has won against FT save a single exception, they turn to the thing that this chapter was supposed to be: a joke.

As such I have done expecting anything else from FT, it's now for me the same as it was with bleach: a lets go with the flow manga, may be so bad it is good. This thing can hardly cope with many other shounen so I asked myself, why take it seriously?. I mean, my mistake was understandable since to some extent the manga seems to take itself seriously every now and then, specially in the introduction of this characters, but then right after, it whimsically returns to its clumsy status quo.

Good chapter by my new standards.

-Ken-
March 22, 2011, 08:56 PM
Wow, awesome chapter. I didn't expect them to take him down in such in comedic way. But I admit I loled all the way to the finish.

Askia32
March 22, 2011, 09:00 PM
I see why a lot of people have a problem with this arc, but on the flip side, FT is one of the strongest guilds. Many characters have taken a loss, but the fact that FT can rack up some wins is not so far out of the norm.

Kuzumikun
March 22, 2011, 09:17 PM
so 3 kins are still lingering D:
and there is Gray and Cana left (not counting levy,elfman,wendy,etc)
im guessing Gray will stumble across Urtear but i have no clue if they are going to fight...but i have a feeling they will be able to take zeref with them

Atobe the king
March 22, 2011, 09:20 PM
I suddenly remember why i avoid anime and manga fandom like the plague.

Generally Manga go two routes, the team/main character has an established reputation (like Seigaku in PoT) or they rise from nothing (Koga from Air Gear). FT is the former...so them winning is not really out of the question, and truth be told they got their asses handed to them any wins they squeaked out this arc has been with the skin of their teeth.

As for the chapter being silly? It's still a shounen manga things were heavy and serious for a few chapters with people being shitraped left and right, so a chapter like this just lightens things up because...

gasp its essentially a comic book geared at teenage boys and its not meant to be taken as seriously as manga and anime tend to do. Over analyzing these things to death makes them lose the magic an interest that captivated people in the first place.

And being in the manga community you'd think everyone and their mother was a world class writer or something.

saya1987
March 23, 2011, 03:57 AM
This is a decent chapter but being a lucy fan, I was disappointed that up to this point, she didn't participate in a full battle and she's out of power:-_- which means she won't be fighting much anymore unless she miraculously manages to power up somehow. hmmm...then again, she's lucky(unlucky?) lucy so may be she'll fight another person soon. Secondly, chances are high since she and natsu will be after zeref and ultear.

Anyway, I love kain's comment of natsu and lucy being hot and flirty in front of him and Happy's not-so-innocent movement of the lucy doll...I also like the fact that natsu and lucy won without much fighting. Natsu for once, didn't power up and burst out of the mountain of rocks. He had the intelligence to take advantage of kain's magic and use it against him.

Overall, I'm like this chapter for its comic relief more than its fighting scenes.

Zeltrax
March 23, 2011, 04:02 AM
I don't get it, the Grimore Heart was hyped to be insanely strong
so what is this?
I for one is unsatisfied with this chapter, sure, it was funny and it was a nice way to beat an opponent but not the right opponent, I'll feel better if it wasn't a villain that was hyped up so much, this is one of the strongest dark guild we're talking about and lucy took him down without using her magic.
The plothole here is the fire and her not feeling it, there is not an explanation to this besides natsu's "I think", she doesn't feel the fire yet feels the pain when the doll is getting hit around and she even mentioned her joints hurting.
I don't see how this chapter convince me that the fire is ineffective.
I remember being told that its too early to judge this arc but I do think that its safe to say that FT is winning now.

saya1987
March 23, 2011, 04:15 AM
so what is this?
I for one is unsatisfied with this chapter, sure, it was funny and it was a nice way to beat an opponent but not the right opponent, I'll feel better if it wasn't a villain that was hyped up so much, this is one of the strongest dark guild we're talking about and lucy took him down without using her magic.
The plothole here is the fire and her not feeling it, there is not an explanation to this besides natsu's "I think", she doesn't feel the fire yet feels the pain when the doll is getting hit around and she even mentioned her joints hurting.
I remember being told that its too early to judge this arc but I do think that its safe to say that FT is winning now.

This is what makes the chapter brillant. Natsu used his brains for once to make use of Kain's magic against himself. He noticed that the doll made Lucy's attacks stronger. Indirectly, Kain is hurt, not by Lucy's nor Natsu's magic(except for the fire part) but mainly due to his own magic. He kinda knocked himself out with his doll.

Personally, I would rather see Natsu fight like this than to see his dragon moves over and over again.

True that the fire part wasn't well explained but I guess may be the doll is made of iron at the moment?

Anyway, at this point, I'm not really interested in whether FT will win or lose. I just want to get over the whole arc (unless there's interesting fights like this) and read about some revelations e.g zeref and the dragons,layla and how ultear ended up in GH etc.

Lee-tyme7
March 23, 2011, 04:58 AM
Boi, all I can say is that I laugh the whole way reading this chapter, it was great! XD
Was the doll already iron, is that why when Natsu put Lucy on fire it didn't harm her?
[hr]

so what is this?

Don't beat yourself up too much. Maybe it was Guildmore heart who underestimated Fairy Tail. Sure GH maybe hype up to be the strongest dark guild but you forget FT is also strong. :D

kkck
March 23, 2011, 05:18 AM
This is a decent chapter but being a lucy fan, I was disappointed that up to this point, she didn't participate in a full battle and she's out of power:-_- which means she won't be fighting much anymore unless she miraculously manages to power up somehow. hmmm...then again, she's lucky(unlucky?) lucy so may be she'll fight another person soon. Secondly, chances are high since she and natsu will be after zeref and ultear.

Anyway, I love kain's comment of natsu and lucy being hot and flirty in front of him and Happy's not-so-innocent movement of the lucy doll...I also like the fact that natsu and lucy won without much fighting. Natsu for once, didn't power up and burst out of the mountain of rocks. He had the intelligence to take advantage of kain's magic and use it against him.

Overall, I'm like this chapter for its comic relief more than its fighting scenes.

Well, lucy did fight against caprico and she also did summon several spirits in a row before that. It is the same as when she fought angel, she summoned a number of strong spirits in a row and ran out of magic. She could perhaps get enough magic for one more summon once she rests though.

Well, natsu did play it smart but you also have to consider kain was not the brightest guy out there. Natsu basically outsmarted the dumbest guy around lol.

Anyways, I find it interesting that most of the grimmoire heart guys have fallen mostly due to their own magic. Zancrow ate a combination of his own magic and dragon fire. Zoldio disappeared due to fusing and defusing which was a result of miss using his magic. Kain was defeated quite literally with his own doll (and natsu's bit of lost magic). Is this going to be a theme? Perhaps lost magic is invincible enough that the seven kin can only be defeated by turning said magic against them lol. Is this going to be a theme of this arc? Perhaps this are along the lines of the severe side effects lost magic is supposed to have....

Another thing that I found interesting is that kain's magic seemed to require nothing from him. Anyone with a hair could use the doll easily, it did not even seem to drain kain or whoever held it. What's up with that? It's like he just got the doll and some point and learned magic. Perhaps turning the doll into other elements requires some skill on his part though.

Razh
March 23, 2011, 05:31 AM
OMG, Happy did it on purpose, LOL!!

I gotta say, I really enjoyed this chapter. Nothing to be disappointed about. Lucy spent most of her magic summoning spirits during the day and she's no melee fighter, Natsu did as well as expected and Kain fell victim of his own hax magic.

Also, Natsu grabbed Lucy's ass!
Great chapter.

Anyway, I'm more puzzled by the next chapter title. 13 women drenched in the rain? Like, WTF?
Although, it does provide a neat picture, assuming those women wore small t-shirts when they got drenched.:love

ca12nag3
March 23, 2011, 05:33 AM
About GH being hyped and strong?

-Ultear owned Zeref and shes kind of the elusive member+2nd in command it seems.
-Asuma beat Mira and took out Wendy+co before that.
-Rustyrose took care of Elfman+evergreen effectivly
-Purity/Hades is strong realy strong, *sidenote* he knows all of Makarov's moves and totaly played with the previous master/softheartedness of makarov

The ones that got taken care of so far,

-About Zoldeo. Caprico was posessed by a weak mage that only boosts up his power by using others powers, going up against the leader of the zodiacs is just a bad thing for him.
-Zancrow is a fireuser, thats just a bad choice vs Natsu who can eat all fires as it seems and then boost them
-Finaly Kain well this guy just like Zoldeo uses tricks to boost his power, if you dont get the trick you lose. Natsu + Lucy got on what was happening and beat him using his tricks against him.

Im sure if someone figures out what tricks Rustyrose uses he will be beaten easily too.

That would leave as the strongest.

Hades,Asuma,Ultear and i asume Meldy

We havnt seen Meldy in action at all so im realy realy curious about her now ^^

kkck
March 23, 2011, 06:08 AM
I don't think zoldeo can be clasiffied as weak in any way. As caprico he took 4 mages at the same time. He might be in the more ambiguous area considering everything. His magic inherent makes people weaker to his own convenience so even if he was not actually strong, he can still make people around him weaker than himself. I would think he is a dangerous enemy. That said, I still do think he was partly responsible for makarov's defeat, he flew close enough to be able to curse him back then and would give fairy tail a chance in hell of fighting back. At the very least he could use fairy law to force hades to retreat, as deterrent magic as hades did before.

sabret00the
March 23, 2011, 06:39 AM
My gripe with this chapter is that while it was fun, it didn't show any growth on the part of Lucy and let's be honest, she's desperately in need, especially after the revelations of this arc. We really need her to get on par with Gray and sooner rather than later.

Razh
March 23, 2011, 06:58 AM
We really need her to get on par with Gray and sooner rather than later.

Don't delude yourself. Lucy will never be on par with Gray as far as close combat is concerned. She summons spirits who fight for her. She can't do much outside of that. Maybe if she were to train martial arts or something for few years. It's just the way it is.
As far as I'm concerned, she did achieve growth. She got a new spirit, got some more combat experience and was the only one so far to guess where the grave could be (and got more curves while we're at it :p). I don't want her to start to kick ass out of the blue.

saya1987
March 23, 2011, 07:28 AM
Don't delude yourself. Lucy will never be on par with Gray as far as close combat is concerned. She summons spirits who fight for her. She can't do much outside of that. Maybe if she were to train martial arts or something for few years. It's just the way it is.
As far as I'm concerned, she did achieve growth. She got a new spirit, got some more combat experience and was the only one so far to guess where the grave could be (and got more curves while we're at it :p). I don't want her to start to kick ass out of the blue.

that's so true...I like Lucy as she is and the way she fights. As for close combat, I would rather leave that to the rest of Team Natsu members, especially Erza and the thinking cap to Lucy!

sarutobi_sensei
March 23, 2011, 07:36 AM
Well, Lucy could learn other magic, if she mastered Urano Meteriora she would be way more powerful.

kkck
March 23, 2011, 07:40 AM
Well, lucy has already been shown to fight alongside her spirits whenever possible. Lucy herself does not have exceptional fighting capacities but her spirit's power does depend on her own magic. I would think that perhaps spirits like loki, scorpio or aquarius would give even natsu a run for his money though.

saya1987
March 23, 2011, 08:27 AM
Well, Lucy could learn other magic, if she mastered Urano Meteriora she would be way more powerful.

I was thinking that lucy may have a secondary magic as a spell caster. The fact that she could cast urano meteriora would mean that she could cast other spells. Can you imagine she casting spells like Hades? :eyeroll

Anyway, for those who were wondering why Lucy wasn't burn from Natsu's fire, I've reread this chapter and realised that the doll was indeed in iron form throughout the whole chapter. On Pg 17, Natsu named the lucy attack as " fire dragon's IRON fist" :p This is also the reason why Kain was knocked from all the Lucy's punches and kicks.

Anyway, if Kain were to fight again(which I doubt so), I think it would be funny if he fights Gajeel. Yummy iron for the metal dragon slayer!

obamamania
March 23, 2011, 09:19 AM
Kain actually seemed pretty strong when he was using the doll to mess with his own body, and he dodged Natsu's kick pretty easily, so he was being made out to be a difficult enemy up until the point where Natsu used the doll of Lucy to basically turn Kain's magic against him. His defeat seems incredibly premature, almost premature to the point where it almost seems like he's not done yet. He's such a goofy character that I have trouble saying that he's lost even though it is probable.

zelllogan
March 23, 2011, 09:22 AM
Now I'm really sure that the mangaka forgot how to create good villains. GH is just as lame as Oracion Seis. This chapter was funny but what the fuck is that Voodoo guy (I don't even remember his name & I just read the chapter ...).

obamamania
March 23, 2011, 09:25 AM
They aren't lame, they just have a couple weak links. And Kain wasn't given a fair fight lol, his powers were more than just voodoo on others I thought the doll being used for himself was actually kinda interesting. And it's far from over and it's not like they're all losing, quite the opposite. 3 out of 7 lost, and there are a few others who have outrageous strength who either have already won or haven't had a real fight.

zelllogan
March 23, 2011, 09:31 AM
Why do you mix the words "lame" & "powerful" ? GH is lame AND powerful.
Ultear & the old guy ... I don't care at all for the rest

ghostexiled
March 23, 2011, 02:50 PM
Since the discussion has started to deviate from actually discussing the chapter and any predictions... to examining concepts of Mashima's work.

I have moved most of that discussion to the Hangout Thread.

Please try and continue that type of discussion in that thread and save this thread for discussing the latest chapter.

Thanks! :)

bittman
March 23, 2011, 06:25 PM
I'm ok with this fight, it was humourous and entertaining, and most of us saw it coming that the Voodoo doll would be stolen.

I still think Fairy Tail has got this. Gray and Erza are still up, Natsu hasn't won 2 fights with nakama power yet and villains are doing the stereotypical thing and not getting back up after being hit by one decent attack.

Which is a shame, but when you learn to accept the fact that Fairy Tail can't lose, you just enjoy the fights for what they are.

Atobe the king
March 23, 2011, 08:48 PM
Agree 100% with that notion. Hopefully Erza is up next, i generally look forward to what win-button-armor she'll bust out next lol.

Shiro Tsuki
March 24, 2011, 03:13 AM
13 women drenched in the rain!

AHHHH I am excited! :D
Rain talks about Juvia - \
So I guess we'll be seeing Erza+Juvia Vs Meldy...
I am impatient to see how things go along!

Maybe Juvia will clone herself hah -
Or Erza with 13 swords!

llamapie
March 24, 2011, 04:55 AM
I was thinking that lucy may have a secondary magic as a spell caster. The fact that she could cast urano meteriora would mean that she could cast other spells. Can you imagine she casting spells like Hades? :eyeroll

Anyway, for those who were wondering why Lucy wasn't burn from Natsu's fire, I've reread this chapter and realised that the doll was indeed in iron form throughout the whole chapter. On Pg 17, Natsu named the lucy attack as " fire dragon's IRON fist" :p This is also the reason why Kain was knocked from all the Lucy's punches and kicks.

Anyway, if Kain were to fight again(which I doubt so), I think it would be funny if he fights Gajeel. Yummy iron for the metal dragon slayer!

The only issue is that she has very little spell power to use. That or her summons consume massive amounts of spell power. So really she would need to fix that little issue before thinking of using any other magic aside from her summonings.
[hr]

13 women drenched in the rain!

AHHHH I am excited! :D
Rain talks about Juvia - \
So I guess we'll be seeing Erza+Juvia Vs Meldy...
I am impatient to see how things go along!

Maybe Juvia will clone herself hah -
Or Erza with 13 swords!

Actually Mashima needs to have one of the big main characters lose and lose convincingly. And since Erza has been the spot light as the strongest S rank, among the characters that gets face time, her losing would be exceptional to the development of this arc. Mashima probably doesn't want to keep things so linear. Having fodder characters like Eve and Elfman lose doesn't have the same effect.

Zeltrax
March 24, 2011, 07:02 AM
I don't know about fairy tail not losing.
I was expecting them to lose this arc and then the plot will finally move towards a new direction, but now it felt like a tight slap in the face after the hyping.
This arc is the perfectly good chance to move the story into another direction and the way it is looking now it looks like it is going to be the same old thing.
I find it repetitive, it's like the next arc no matter how hyped the villains are I can actually go "Meh, what a waste, they'll just get owned by ft anyway".
I know I sound like a jerk saying that but that's really how I feel.
This actually feels like a total battle manga(with alot of ecchi) rather than one that is plot driven or adventure driven,
I say that the plot in fairy tail is not as good as most series and so is character development.
I was expecting Natsu to actually change something about himself after what Gildart said in this arc, but not a dim of it is shown.
Being confident is good, but the author is making fairy tail full of themselves, and is actually proving it when lucy pulled a win like this.
It made me want to take the future arcs less seriously, and I was taking fairy tail seriously, that's where I fail I guess :fail.

Razh
March 24, 2011, 07:31 AM
I prefer it like this, with opponents who have character flaws or desires that make them lose in the end. It's not like in Dragonball Z, where there's no way in hell you could have beaten the enemy, on account of him having 10 million higher power level, lol.
Here, Zoldio gets beaten because he desired human body too much, Kain loses because he was careless enough to allow the enemy to get his puppet, Zancrow fails because he played around too much, convinced of his own superiority.

They were all really strong, but it's their personalities that made them lose. Natsu had a hard time against both Zancrow and Kain and Loki can't even fight any more.

Urtear didn't fuck around. Rustyrose didn't fuck around. Well, he kinda did, but he was in control the entire time.
Azuma wanted to test himself against Mira and that's his flaw. What if she were fully charged? He could have easily lost. Seems to me Hades should have learned to discipline his kids more.

Anyway, all of them could become long term villains. It's not like they died. Well, at least Zoldio won't be returning, lol.

Also, does anyone else have the feeling that Gray will have to fight Azuma?

bittman
March 24, 2011, 07:54 AM
Also, does anyone else have the feeling that Gray will have to fight Azuma?

Been a bit of an idea lately that Gray will battle Rustyrose, which I agree with, in a battle of creation.

Rustyrose's magic appears to be the most broken thing in history though, but like all broken abilities he'll have some really simple nerf to get around it (see: Midnight).

Azuma, I'm honestly not sure where to put. When most people make crazy predictions about how the remainder of the 7 kin plus Hades will be taken out, Azuma seems to be "Oh...and then Azuma will something something something and Fairy Tail will thus win!" Of the currently active members of Fairy Tail, to be honest, only Natsu seems at the level to take out Azuma, however that would definitely mean that Ultear and Hades won't have anyone powerful enough left to combat them (Natsu appears to be the strongest survivor currently).

I'm not sure with Azuma to be honest. Even in my predictions (Gray v Rustyrose, Natsu v Ultear v Zeref, Meldy v Erza Lluvia + Hades v Gildhartz) I'm not sure who Azuma will face. Then again, if Gildhartz returns, Fried + Bixlow may also. That's the closest prediction I can guess, but it completely depends upon returning FT members and ignores the council (who will inevitably do something).

saya1987
March 24, 2011, 09:16 AM
Gray's battle with Rusty Rose will definitely happen...it's just so predictable. I don't mind reading about this fight. It will be cool to see the stuff each of them can create.

As for Erza's battle, I believe and hope she'll win. My image of Erza is ever soooo powerful so I really can't imagine her losing. Anyway, each chapter's title literally tells us the content of each chapter so I guess that for 228, we would see 13 of erzas/juvias/meldys with the rain as the background.

As for Natsu, I don't think he'll fighting until Lucy rescues him out of the rocks with Virgo or if some other FT member comes by(which I doubt so considering there are others kins for them to fight).

On second thoughts, may be Lucy will stick Natsu's hair on the doll instead and have Happy to fly the doll so that Natsu will be shot out of the rocks. It will be funny if they keep the doll and use it for their future battles. Nice and funny powerups for either of them. haha

miramira
March 24, 2011, 09:24 AM
It's hard to figure out who Gray will fight, because we don't know where he's headed and where the other villains are... possibilities:

Gray vs Rustyrose - would be interesting.

Gray vs Azuma - could be a good battle. Gray and Rustyrose has more similar fighting style, but Azuma would be a tougher test for Gray. Azuma definitely has an S-class or even SS-class level of magic in FT guild terms. It would be interesting to see if Gray an win this (alone). However, I don't think they'll fight...I'm totally unsure who would be a better opponent for Azuma. Maybe Erza when she's done with Meldy, or Gildartz if he returns... idk =__=

Gray vs Ultear - would be so cool XD Though I think that if they bump to each other and fight now, their real battle would still not be in this arc. Don't you think if they'll have a confrontation about Ur, then Leon should be in it, too? And as far as I remember Gray and Ultear still don't know their connection (Ur)~ so whether they fight now or not, their stories still won't get a final conclusion.

Razh
March 24, 2011, 09:31 AM
Been a bit of an idea lately that Gray will battle Rustyrose, which I agree with, in a battle of creation.

Oh I know that, but I don't have the feeling for some reason. Azuma has been missing for a while so I expect seeing him again sooner that Rustyrose. And Gray is the only one who hasn't really fought yet. I guess I expect Gray fighting yet another battle where he's in a disadvantage. Rustyrose would be an easier opponent for him than Azuma, naturally.

But then again, there's that fated encounter between him and Urtear too. It could go either of the 3 ways really.

Atobe the king
March 24, 2011, 01:09 PM
Razh i definitely agree with what you said last page about the enemies losses being due to overconfidence and personality flaws. None of them got overpowered, Zancrow was owning Natsu, Leo got away with the skin of his teeth, Kain out muscled Natsu and was set to give lucy a beating worse than anime Gajeel, who speaking of, is also narrowly dodging the white light at the end of the tunnel.

Sollum
March 24, 2011, 02:14 PM
Now now, lets not forget that Grimmoire Hearth can pull of Secret Technique of Fairy Tail: Second Breath. Tho it might be more epic.

Zancrow beaten? Err... he is just chilling out a bit.
Kain beaten? He just took a nap >.>

Tho i am glad that this chapter had less of erotic stuff in it. All this breast stuff makes it a bit... dunno... "Ha ha, she grabbed her breasts, lets laugh!"... dunno, its really not fun >.> But maybe it's okay in JP culture, maybe they just don't have that problem where 30 years woman has 16 ears old daughter.

P.S. But Kain facial expression where awesome as always!

Razh
March 24, 2011, 02:37 PM
Tho i am glad that this chapter had less of erotic stuff in it.

Yeah, it's not like Natsu facechecked Lucy's headlights or grabbed her rear bumper.:p
If anything, there was even more fan service.:)

luffyg2
March 24, 2011, 03:11 PM
A bit surprise that this guy took the attack without being able to dodge it.. I mean he was able to dodge a surprise attack from natsu by doing the split but he could not evade this fire lucy that he saw coming from afar ...

Sollum
March 24, 2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah, it's not like Natsu facechecked Lucy's headlights or grabbed her rear bumper.:p
If anything, there was even more fan service.:)

I honestly haven't noticed that part until now >.> But i wouldn't could it as Fan Service. Doubt that anyone counted Jeanne d'Arc painting, where half of her breastplate was missing, and one her breast was showing, as a "fan service to the world".

Oh, and i forgot to make an answer to

Well, I could say something about Lucy's, ahem, appearance, that could theoretically make her male enemies... hesitant about attacking her?
HINT: Over the belly, under the chin.:)

Well, this is war >.> But if we should look at this from comical point. Heck, what man would run from a pair of nice b**bs? :D

kakashidad
March 25, 2011, 06:31 AM

Natsu and Lucy pairing up together, there are always silly/somewhat dumb attempts at comedic relief, and Lucy usually getting put in a tough situation via thanks to Natsu.

We all assumed that Kain's magic would be used against himself through his medium, the doll.

Another 7 kin goes down looking like a chump, the FT squad are just simply invincible. Oh, thats' right, Mashima wants to highlight "teamwork" and let me guess, if they decide to team up they just can't be beaten, for the most part at least.

Ahhhhhh, 3 kin left plus Hades. It's a shame that FT will be able to match up against the 7 kin when all is said and done, and that one way or another some deus ex machina will appear to save the lives of the FT members before Hades utterly destroys everyone and makes off with Zeref.

For a few weeks now I have been tightly grasping at the glimmer of hope that when the arc concludes there is some redeeming act or string of events which make up for the complete 180 Mashima did after the amazing intro of this arc. I will still cling to hope that Mashima improves this poor run of events and the conclusion is acceptable.

Hmm..you,i believe should be making your own title up.I've read a few of your posts.And in the main,you create some really good senario,But they rarely deliver lol.That's why imo your constantly disappointed.When you fail to see, decent plot progression..in your view.

I placed this post in the last issue comments...so i can claim that i got what i was expecting..a win for fairy tail...here it is.

I've recently re read issue 42..and i can see lucy and natsu owning these two...ultear and kain.Bare with me a minute...Natsu was on the way to besting/beating ultear alter ego in that arc.And she ultear in that guise.Had made a very important statement imo.Natsu had worked out her magic somewhat.She can't use her time magic on anything other than inanimate objects so the living have a great chance given they have the required ablity...

Maybe lucy spirits could be a game changer if they switch opponets...I don't really think they have to at the moment.But natsu i'm convinced could take those two on by himself..he has been constantly been getting stronger with EVERY battle he's endured.Thinking he and lucy are gonna lose is quite frankly stupid.lmao

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like i said.I could see fairy tail/natsu and lucy winning this bout...damm stevie wonder could of imo, lmfao now.It was just a question on how the victory would be established.Did i see ultear leaving karin to do all of the fighting...probably not.But then again,she and all of g/h mission was to retrieve zeref or find him..whichever you like best.

Did i see karin gaining control over lucy or natsu..well it was a possiblity but i did not put it in print.That aside.Natsu taking control of the voodoo doll and using it,to inable lucy to stomp karin was just genius and hilarious at the same time...and none of you even suggested that as a possible outcome...so the whining really is unwarranted.

This was as good a battle as we could of hoped to have seen imo.Lucy was about to have her pretty little head crushed..natsu seemed trapped,yet the voodoo doll was right next to him.Once the focus came off the impending doom of lucy..it was pretty logical and CLEAR that the doll would be used to defeat karin...so you could say the author out foxed you lol and us at the same time lol.

We've seen natsu use zancrow own power to defeat him,lucy gain capricorn to defeat him however you might want to dress it up.This is a theme that will no doubt be repeated thoughout the arc..imo.It's not rocket science..so why make it out to be so?

The long and short of it is..imo.Is that all of those dark alliances HAVE to be defeated.And those that have been, have had maybe one or two of their members switch guilds.Only if it's good for the story or f/t...Dragonslayers, stellar spirits.I'd be doubtful that we'll get anymore defections to fairy tail from girmoire heart.Regardless how many strong charactors remain.Capricorn, the only one i forsee.

And imo.We won't need to see any other reinforcement from f/t either..luxus or gildartz.This started out as an exam! to establish the next S-CLASS mage of fairy tail.Why would they need help from anyone else.When it has been identified and decreed.That the next strongest member of the guild was actually taking part in the exams?It does not make sense really does it?..if you apply adult logic lol.

Hmm... this seemed to have turn into a RANT..that was not my intention.
Great issue,can't wait for the next...Ezra scarlett and luvia should be up next.For abit...even though i think this fight is not yet concluded.But maybe the author, using his cliffhanger tactic's and we'll see the conclusion of this fight at the bitter end...Natsu ROCKS...lmao.:eyeroll
[hr]

Kind of odd that none of you are naming Caprico as your initial bottom feeder of the 7 Kin, I mean he was an animal and pretty obviously a spirit to all board members, and there is lucky Lucy who for plot purposes was always going to gain use of him...

Kain's personality always struck me as a bottom guy, but Meldy always struck me as the top half. The Robot nature seemed stronger than say Kain's quirky-awkward nature.

I can see Urtear, Azuma, Hades, and Zeref all leaving.

Rustyrose going down, and Meldy somehow converted to the light, not necessarily outright defeated by Erza.

Like i said,in my previous post to yourself.I don't see anymore addition from this guild G/H to fairy tail...not unless they have their very own dragon slayer...and considering that zancrow was their ''god slayer'' i highly doubt they have a d/s...
[hr]

At first Caprico struck me as a top tier GH member just from his calm presence and how he was the one to be able to summon the entire GH fodder troops.

Also he was taking on 4 of the FT members at the same time... before befalling the quick defeat brought on by him losing his calm nature that made him a badass.

Ghostexilled..don't underestimate capricorn...he's got that magic of leadership or something...that made and makes all other humans submissive to him...that's what we saw earlier on,with him against cana lucy loki and gray.

He imo is most definately one of the stronger member of his former guild..just watch.Imo deinately stronger than karin and zancrow..probably asuma too...if he's a human that is...just by default.:p
[hr]

Roughly same thing happened in rave master.... Did we ever saw people stronger than king or doryu? I don't expect any of the balam alliance guilds to be significantly different from each other when it comes to strength. Most enemies are even in the same age group as FT so it makes sense they have roughly the same levels... Based on what we have seen though, can we really say grimmoire heart has not been insanely strong though? Natsu's regular magic did not have a chance in hell of doing anything to zancrow, it was only through a superior fire that natsu got a hit. Rustyrose owned evergreen and elfman which is no small feat. There is no way natsu alone would have had a chance against kain alone, he could barely get a hit in with his abilities for the most part. It took his own magic + natsu's to defeat him. Zoldio had one of the more extreme abilities around and the circumstances of his defeat were weird but when he did fight he took on grey, lucy, cana and loki on his own. Taking grey on that easily is enough of a feat, I doubt any of the fairy tail mages safe from makarov would have had a chance. If the fights had been more straightforward then neither kain nor caprico would have been defeated at all.

Are you guys serious?''There's no way natsu would of owned karin.he was getting stomped''lmao.

So what you've suggested then is..karin would own zancrow?please.....Natsu fights always goes in a familar vein.Power up kick some ass,get my/your ass kicked(natsu)then turn the tables and kick ass mercilessly.Gazzile (spelling) amongst other can tell you about that.Or that brain guy from the last dark guild.Amazing truely amazing :mad
[hr]
:p:p
I suddenly remember why i avoid anime and manga fandom like the plague.

Generally Manga go two routes, the team/main character has an established reputation (like Seigaku in PoT) or they rise from nothing (Koga from Air Gear). FT is the former...so them winning is not really out of the question, and truth be told they got their asses handed to them any wins they squeaked out this arc has been with the skin of their teeth.

As for the chapter being silly? It's still a shounen manga things were heavy and serious for a few chapters with people being shitraped left and right, so a chapter like this just lightens things up because...

gasp its essentially a comic book geared at teenage boys and its not meant to be taken as seriously as manga and anime tend to do. Over analyzing these things to death makes them lose the magic an interest that captivated people in the first place.

And being in the manga community you'd think everyone and their mother was a world class writer or something.

Well said...victory pose anyone...and don't touch by ass:tem
[hr]

I'm ok with this fight, it was humourous and entertaining, and most of us saw it coming that the Voodoo doll would be stolen.

I still think Fairy Tail has got this. Gray and Erza are still up, Natsu hasn't won 2 fights with nakama power yet and villains are doing the stereotypical thing and not getting back up after being hit by one decent attack.

Which is a shame, but when you learn to accept the fact that Fairy Tail can't lose, you just enjoy the fights for what they are.

It's becoming a ''ball ache'' reading these negative posts...what we have left.In regards to fairy tail.Is the established strongest team within the guild...which when originally formed...made makarov pull one of his famous ''oh shit'' faces...Natsu,Ezra scallett,Gray and lucy.Need i say anymore?