PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 228 Discussion / 229 Predictions

ghostexiled
March 22, 2011, 01:45 PM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 or so), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68537) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

•Sasuke•
March 25, 2011, 05:18 AM
some pics
http://www.imagebam.com/image/4e10e4125030771
http://www.imagebam.com/image/0705b3125030782
http://www.imagebam.com/image/cd68bb125030792
http://www.imagebam.com/image/610039125030796

Razh
March 25, 2011, 06:49 AM
Love the color spread.

So, it seems it's getting interesting again. I don't understand Japanese so I can only guess what's going on. That Hades bit doesn't look like it's a flashback, but what could it be then. Is he having a meeting on his ship? Does that sitting guy have a snake with him? And who's the other guy who is standing? Maybe it is a flashback.

So then, I think Wendy is noticing the prelude of Etherion cannon and Mest probably came to warn someone that they are in danger.

And Luvia got owned a little and is pissed off now.

That's about all I can tell.

Sollum
March 25, 2011, 07:27 AM
Omygosh! Meldy has rose colored hair! I am so tempted to say that she is Natsu's lil sis kekekekekeke

After seeing that dark figurine talking to Purehito, i noticed that we never actually saw a mature Dragon Slayer :<

Natsu's "AMA GONA KILL YA B****" face is getting a bit boring. He looks mean, but inside he is just a fluffy little Teddy Bear >.>

BlueChild
March 25, 2011, 07:42 AM
Omygosh! Meldy has rose colored hair! I am so tempted to say that she is Natsu's lil sis kekekekekeke

haha, that was actually my very first thought when I saw her hair colour as well :D would be kinda fun to get to know something about natsu's real family...

anyway, looks like it's gonna be a nice chapter. Jlubia got owned and now it's time for payback :D Erza looks beaten up as well. Seems like Meldy's as tough as I hoped her to be ^^

Newkerzy
March 25, 2011, 08:18 AM
Looks like Ultear vs Grey is going to be inevitable now. Although Kana vs Azuma seems random..... wonder if she's the one she talked about with Lucy.

saya1987
March 25, 2011, 08:33 AM
it doesn't seem to be a flashback because hiro would paint the background black if it is. Anyway, Hades seems to be pissed when he saw his ship sunk.

As for the snake part, I thought it was his ponytail until you mentioned that it looks like a snake. haha and never would I've thought that meldy has pink hair!

Ero-Sanji
March 25, 2011, 08:58 AM
The snake-ponytail guy is probably the master for the third part of the alliance more specifically the leader of Tartaros. Seeing how a ship just arrived perhaps all the winners from GH will withdraw even though that would kinda suck since I'm still all in for a complete defeat for the faeries.

Anyway, Love Lluvia and for her to get serious is awesome. Oh! The dark clouds that Wendy is sensing/seeing might be a result of Lluvia going all out. Remember how she was before meeting Gray? It always rained around her and the on the last page we can see rain behind her. This is getting so much better!

saya1987
March 25, 2011, 09:13 AM
http://www.imagebam.com/image/24de88125057273

natsuxlucy! cuteeeee!

I don't think another ship arrived....the one in the spoiler was Hades' ship and it sunk. This makes me wonder how Hades is going to leave with zeref.

BlueChild
March 25, 2011, 10:27 AM
well, Ultear can easily get the ship fixed again with her lost magic. She did it in the Garuna Island arc with the stones and stuff as well, so that wouldn't be a problem i guess

Razh
March 25, 2011, 10:39 AM
The dark clouds that Wendy is sensing/seeing might be a result of Lluvia going all out.

I'm pretty sure it's caused by Etherion charging.
This is how the sky looked like while Etherion was charging to destroy Tower of Paradise. (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v12/c093/9.html) Mest's appearance makes sens in that context. He didn't like the idea of killing everyone so he would probably try to warn them before it's too late.

saya1987
March 25, 2011, 10:45 AM
well, Ultear can easily get the ship fixed again with her lost magic. She did it in the Garuna Island arc with the stones and stuff as well, so that wouldn't be a problem i guess

Fixing the ship doesn't mean that GH could leave considering there's a mysterious powerful person on the ship. They would have to defeat him first (unless the mysterious person leaves willingly). Then again, I don't think the mysterious person would fight that soon. It's probably a teaser.

Anyway, I really really wanna know who the mysterious ninja is! Fancy him to creep into the ship when none of GH members is on board. I was guessing that he could be a Tartaros(whatever the spelling is) member too but if he is, I don't think he's the guild master coz guild masters usually send their mages to do the work.

ca12nag3
March 25, 2011, 12:16 PM
That centerfold makes up for all the manga thats on delay *even though they are on delay cause of a good reason thats the tsunami etc*

Its 1 of the best colorpages ive seen for a long time!

White Silver King
March 25, 2011, 01:52 PM
Either Melody threatened Gray's life (which doesn't really seem like her thing) or Lluvia is being manipulated (again).

....or I could be wrong.

Sollum
March 25, 2011, 02:21 PM
I was rereading some of chapters in search for one thing.

Didn't Meldy say she was looking for someone? I know that Cana said that thing, and i think that Meldy has same goal, but i can't seem to find it.

Also i noticed few interesting things, but maybe its due to translation.

Ul claimed that Fairy Tail is strongest guild from Fiore. So it gives a high possibility that there might be bigger threats that Ballam Alliance out there. And THAT bigger threat is talking with Purehito now. And i am not referring to Tartaros >.>

At the end of Edolas arc, Lucy said that she didn't hear nothing about it anymore. So its hinted that we wont see Mystogun anymore :< But we still don't know how old is Lucy's diary :<

Mashiro_Luna
March 25, 2011, 02:27 PM
^When they say the strongest in Fiore they mean the strongest legal guild, ituse to be tied for strongest with Phantom Lord but now they are the strongest.

Sollum
March 25, 2011, 02:47 PM
^When they say the strongest in Fiore they mean the strongest legal guild, ituse to be tied for strongest with Phantom Lord but now they are the strongest.

I was thinking the same, but dark Guilds are also guilds. I doubt that Ul didn't add the word "Legal" accidentally.

And we shouldn't forget that bad guys always make hype about themselves, they are always "better" that good guys.

mashimashilove
March 25, 2011, 02:59 PM
pissed off jubia looks totally awesome. that picture alone has me super excited for the chapter...then again, any one with a lot of jubia time in it is going to get me excited xD.

i'm tired of trying to guess the colors of the characters myself. i figured rustyrose and meldy would both be blonde, but i was quite wrong. in fact, i dont think i've ever been right with any manga ever. :|

still, cant wait~

Zaresh
March 25, 2011, 03:04 PM
So Zeref has blue hair too, not really black. Oh, I see...

kkck
March 25, 2011, 04:40 PM
Jubia is probably pissed off because she misheard something wendy said and took it as if she was going to take grey for herself lol.

masgrande
March 25, 2011, 04:40 PM
I hope we see more of Meredy's magic in this chapter, I'm dying to know what it is.

Ero-Sanji
March 25, 2011, 05:19 PM
I'm pretty sure it's caused by Etherion charging.
This is how the sky looked like while Etherion was charging to destroy Tower of Paradise. (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v12/c093/9.html) Mest's appearance makes sens in that context. He didn't like the idea of killing everyone so he would probably try to warn them before it's too late.

Could be, could be... However, these clouds are thick and dark as in it's about to rain whereas the clouds of Etherion got caught up in a swirl formation and formed a single "storm-eye". Then we also have the last page with actual rain and a pissed Lluvia.

ghostexiled
March 25, 2011, 09:19 PM
I gotta say... the one thing I LOVE the best about Mashima is his way of showing people just lose their sh*t! :D

That Natsu one is by far one of the coolest ones... with him being all in Mest's face.

Juvia just plain psycho is awesome-sauce!!

I wonder if that is her getting that way on her own... or is someone affecting her?

Razh
March 25, 2011, 11:28 PM
Could be, could be... However, these clouds are thick and dark as in it's about to rain whereas the clouds of Etherion got caught up in a swirl formation and formed a single "storm-eye". Then we also have the last page with actual rain and a pissed Lluvia.

Couple of pages later you can see that the clouds got darker.

Shiro Tsuki
March 26, 2011, 01:55 AM
Oh please -_
Not Juvia being controlled again!

Its like every time - she is on screen - she loses - or gets manipulated! :0
She is supposed to be one of the phantoms 4 r somethg!
I'd want her to fight a bit more - (maybe not win the fight - but atleast fight)

Mangastream just tweeted that the chapter will be out soon! "it's a special 33 page chapter with 3 color pages!" - Ah my weekend going great! :D

LoS
March 26, 2011, 02:14 AM
It's good news.

A double length chapter, with a color spread, and it will be released on a Saturday morning, back to the regular early release time!

Sollum
March 26, 2011, 04:32 AM
It's good news.

A double length chapter, with a color spread, and it will be released on a Saturday morning, back to the regular early release time!

Be more specific :D Its 11:32 am here :D

LoS
March 26, 2011, 04:59 AM
lol, forgot I don't have a US flag, so US eastern standard

What excites me about having a double chapter basically is that the plot progression should be amazing. All these loose threads and separate character POV's will start merging and get tied together.

We will finally see some progression in the Meldy/Juvia/Ezra fight, see progression on the Etherion blast and Mest's warning and true compassion show, maybe even some Cana inner dialogue which hopefully will reveal something.

All the above said is great, but then at the same time from the current spoiler pics we have a new top cat evil doer introduced. Gets even more convoluted and complex introducing yet another face to the future arc scheme of the overall story.

Ero-Sanji
March 26, 2011, 05:22 AM
Couple of pages later you can see that the clouds got darker.

Actually it was the sky that got darker and not the clouds, as I said they jusst formed a "storm-eye". Either way it's bound to be interesting whatever may happen.

saladesu
March 26, 2011, 06:37 AM
Chapter's out on Mangastream :amuse

Yay for color pages and extra pages :)

/me goes to read

Sollum
March 26, 2011, 06:51 AM
Sorry to say it, but after all Cana IS retarded...

I pray for that Black Pony Guy to be a DS :>

street_san
March 26, 2011, 06:56 AM
ok, sick chapter is a sick chapter.

First, it's good to see that Hades didn't think to go to a full scale war with Fairy Tail without some damage. It's seems that he foreseen some of them beeing beat so it's kind of good to know. Maybe people here will stop bashing the manga each time Fairy Tail gets a win.

Bluething (already forgot his name xD) seems the best challenger for Gildartz. I really think that Mest will find a way, or Makarov will tell Mest to communicate with Gildartz and the others in some way or another. Mest already figured out that it's not possible to convince the guild to leave the island, so the best way he can helped them is to gather every possible force.

Juvia, a big lol, but I still don't think she's going to win. Well if she's working with Erza they might figured a way out, but as things are going out, Juvia might wants to take this to a 1 on 1. Pissed off Juvia vs a Pissed off Meldy, should be an exciting battle.

Great great great chapter with some huge and important developpments. I love Fairy Tail :P

tobeulp
March 26, 2011, 07:00 AM
The ponytail guy is definitely stronger than Makarov seeing how Hades respect how strong he is...
Overall this is one hell of a chapter the only downfall is that the chances of Meldy losing is great we didn't even yet to see what his skilsl are..

Shiro Tsuki
March 26, 2011, 07:04 AM
MANGA IS OUT!
AND BOY I LOVED ALL OF IT!

So FT is usually nice - in color they all look awesome!

I'll start with Cana!
She is an idiot! Even if 'that person' is god personified - You don't leave those who have been supporting you! Selfish woman!

The whole Lucy-Doll-Happy thing was funny! :D
Natsu going all 'i-can-handle-anyone' when his master is down like a sag of bones - not very wise!

Gray Vs Ultear - So Ultear does looks like Ul!
I always thought Gray won't be able to spot that one out! _-

JUVIA is awesome!
Okay 0O - I know you guys all love Meredy!
But she gets on my nerve! When I see her - I just want to scream 'DAMN KID - KNOW YOUR PLACE!"
[Now she's all 'Mommy Ultear - Love me please!' - A bit weird - Ultear hates her mom - She had no contact with her mom when Ul met gray! - I mean unless Meldy has been reading FT - How did she know Gray was the one who caused Ul to go against Deliora...? :|]

I don't think Juvia has this one though...
She is very powerful - But I guess Erza has to help her...
assuming Meldy has more powers than wielding mere magic blades! (which am sure she does!)

Zeltrax
March 26, 2011, 07:21 AM
Damn.
I want someone to punch natsu in his freaking face after this (http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/83990774/26)

From the start of this arc, people have been telling him times and times again that GH is insanely strong and they don't stand a chance. Now the council is even trying to save their asses, and he says shit like what a yakuza in japan says. There are things, say for example, the lives of your guild members that are much more important than that stupid pride you are holding on too. Just because he has been winning all this time doesn't mean he can say something like this with confidence.
Sorry but I'm angered and I'm in a raging state, what he just said was just immature and selfish.
So is he going to kill Cana for indirectly harming lucy? I mean, she laid a finger on your guild afterall and worst of all, she's your guild member.

I can't take that mysterious guy in the shadows seriously after seeing 3 members of GH defeated, the author is hyping this guy like he did with GH and we've seen what happened, this is the result of last chapter and like I said in last chapters, I won't take any FT enemies seriously anymore.
But to be rational, he's the potential enemy for Gildart if he returns, and obviously he'll win.
Unless there is more people that is in the same category as him.

Juvia and Erza will win against meldy..sigh, due to the power of love that she pulled off.

I thought it was funny how Urtear didn't notice Gray despite being such a strong magician..he was only a few steps behind him but whatever, so if Gray is against Urtear, who will go against Rustyrose :blink

I wasn't expecting Meldy to have emotions and I always thought of her as a cyborg, so I was wrong..she is an overemotional character.
By the way, I think natsu should be 4 instead of erza, just saying :oh

kakashidad
March 26, 2011, 07:26 AM
LMFAO...i've had to stop reading this. natsu asks why are you rasing your leg to lucy..shortly after he says there a werid smell.Stopping him from tracking zeref.The next thing we see is lucy chasing happy about the place...anyone think happys saying there's your werid smell...the bitch need to wash ''oh me sides''

Faust Lim
March 26, 2011, 07:28 AM
Awesome chapter!!! loved every page of this chapter! well it seems ft is seriously screwed now, I just realised that it is 13 vs 7...Bluenote stinger seems extremely strong, perhaps stronger than Hades, wonder what his magic is, probably something to do with earthquakes...Loved the part where Juvia goes ultra-powerful and controls the clouds....I wonder how Doran Balt is going to help ft now...and what in the world was that light shining at Cana? I think her objective was to become an S-class mage not seeing Mavis Vermillon as she keeps saying that...Well the next chapter's name sound awesome too: Despair dead-ends Valley.

sarutobi_sensei
March 26, 2011, 07:39 AM
First let me say this: YES!!!! Edolas in the ANIME!!! WOOT!

DAMN AWESOME!!!!!!! This is how manga should be, long and continuous :D

I have to agree with you kakashidad xD That was hilarious xD And then Happy, I'm sorry Lucy-san. And then: It's seems I'm out of Magic Power. xD

So Gray vs Ultear. I predicted as much back when they were revealed.

Cana vs who then? Lucy vs Rustyrose? Could be good since they both summon (though Rustyrose's summons aren't really a summon, but and advance form of it).

Natsu vs who?

Guildartz will be back on the island to fight either Asuma or the new guy. Personally, right now I see the new guy vs Guildartz.

I wonder who'll take out Hades then.

Continuing on the chapter, so Mest (I'll keep calling him this, it's easier xD) tried to take them off the island. Wonder if he'll join Fairy Tail later.

Heh, Meldy was like: Shit I enraged her? damn I'm dead. xD

And for the look in Erza's face, she thinks she's dead as well xD

Juvia is completely pissed right now. She was even able to stop those swords. Well she is S-class level (she was S-Class in Phantom Lord right?)

kakashidad
March 26, 2011, 07:41 AM
This was a truly awesome issue imo.Who the hell is this blue stringer guy?How did the council know he was there?Why does it seem that hades is giving him so much respect.Considering that ultear is the leader of the 7 kins?

Natsu sitting on what could be precieved as a throne looked awesome..i know alot of you guys hate natsu..so yeah natsu.Natsu telling doran bolt aka mest what the deal is.Don't think you can mess with my/our guild.Magic council or not.

Meldy and her ranking system...ezra 4th gidartz 3rd the oldman 2nd..she thinks alot of herself(you could say kind of like natsu)I don't think she should of mentioned gray as no 1 though.Juvia is pissed now..to the point even ezra looks scared lol,Yes with each issue it gets better and better.Cana been sober awhile now.
So i'd say the decision she made to abandon lucy, was what some may call a moment of clarity lol.To bad for her.It's gonna get her kicked out of the guild.

And gray is gonna kick ass the strongest team in f/t will converge and destroy the dark ones...you can take that to the bank.

Ero-Sanji
March 26, 2011, 08:01 AM
Marvellous!
Truly beautiful. From the colored pages to crazy Lluvia, I loved it.

First of all the dark clouds weren't Etherion as I thought but it also didn't seem to be the doing of Lluvia, as well. I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's a result of Lluvia's curse.

Never thought that Gray and Ultear's encounter would happen so soon. But the most interesting fact is that, while, Meldy is angry at Gray for "killing" Ultear's mother, Ultear is feeling strong hatred towards her mother. This is bound to be good and I'm looking forward to this.

Lluvia defeating Meldy is heavily hinting toward Erza being available to another fight, I'm guessing Rustyrose for their somewhat ability to summon.

Last but not least Bluenote, the joker of the GH. Good thing he didn't turn out to be the leader of Tartaros and instead a new character. Something tells me he will betray Hades. Also, to Hades for being able to maintain these demons, well done!

Sollum
March 26, 2011, 08:14 AM
I wonder if "Today i will fly" note by Bluenote Stinger has a direct meaning or no...

kamakazi_1996
March 26, 2011, 08:58 AM
"i can imagine ultear retreating from the battle with zeref and leaving the big guy to fend off lucy and natsu, i just get the feeling he is only playing dumb and its usually the guy who pretends to be stupid actually being smart and cool, then when ultear goes off she encounters gray and then they battle"

Yahoo all my predictions are right so far :tem

i like this capter and it is actually longer than i expected, i think juvia will bring down another kin and then blue note will go out to battle who encounters gildartz, i thought before that gildartz wouldn't arrive because they might not want to reveal his powers but i can only imagine him being the one to take down blue note, i can also even imagine laxus arriving even though i have no idea how he knows where they are and how he will get there

saya1987
March 26, 2011, 09:21 AM
haha...I love the natsu, lucy and happy scenes. Hopefully, they'll keep the doll and use it for their next battle. I also think the last part where erza told juvia to calm down is funny. As for meldy, that was really unexpected. She seems to be losing control just like the other kins who were defeated. At this point, I'm really curious why she blames gray for killing ultear's mother. Shouldn't she be overjoyed that ur is dead since ultear hated her mum?

meepers4982
March 26, 2011, 09:27 AM
cana's behavior is very un-fairytail like from what we have seen in the manga and everything, i hope shes leaves after this arc to think things over. Very happy with this chapter and like the sudden change in mest, however im happy that natsu made it clear that randomly deciding to help them after trying to disband the guild really isnt enough. I found it interesting that meldy had the same shade of pink hair as natsu...just saying :)

kkck
March 26, 2011, 09:35 AM
Lol, I was right about jubia being pissed for something grey related lol.

Anyways, nice chapter. Natsu is being far too reckless though, its as if he learned nothing from gildarts.... I guess he is simply too pissed off to be scared.

Cana is a dumbass. She left her comrades to die basically. Her betrayal could even get her kicked out of fairy tail and in all fairness it should.

I think the fact that doralbant took the lachrima will be relavant. Could it be used to contact people other than the council? It could be used to call gildarts along with fried and bixlow. They are much needed reinforcements right now, specially if a guy lile bluenote is about to charge.

Meldy is screwed now IMO. Jubia is mildly dangerous when she is angry. Just look at what happened when she got angry against grey. Steaming hot and wild water, even if she lost she now should be even stronger. It even started raining, all the water there will likely add to jubia's power. Actually, jubia's power should be more than what even she knows. Her mood alone is enough to alter the weather, perhaps there is more to her than what we know....

And finally grey saw urtear. He noticed the resemblance but he did not act.... I guess that plot point will be left for later.

chess4
March 26, 2011, 09:42 AM
so are the 7 kin a bunch of pawns? so there is someone more powerful in grimore hearts and his name is bluenote. so it seems that ultear did car for her mother and she is bitter that grey and leon took her from her.

i thought fairy tail had a chance but if bluenotes get involved in the state they are in then its going to be tough, thats if gildarts doesnt come back.

i think some of grimore heart will be imprisoned by the council an some will escape. ultear plays a bigger role to the story so i think she will survive and hades of course. outside of that i dont know.

it seems hades still has some love, even if its very little, for fairy tail. he didnt allow bluenote to get involved.

juvia is about to go on the rampage. this arc is shaping up like the rest of them. fairy tail always gains a few new members and loses one. the way its shaping up fairy tail is going to gain a few new members(mest and caprico) and they are going to lose someone

jorped
March 26, 2011, 09:53 AM
great chapter !!!!! :D

Doran now knows that it is gonig to be impossible to make Natsu and the others leave the island so i think soon we are going to see Laxus and Gildartz :)

tobeulp
March 26, 2011, 10:29 AM
For me even with Laxus/Gildartz come if Bluenote fights it is over for Fairy Tail because Hades is the one that knows how strong Bluenote is and the Council even knows how destructive Bluenote is... I believe that Bluenote is as strong or stronger than Makarov..

1337 haxor
March 26, 2011, 10:30 AM
Meldy proved to be as I tought, a girl with bipolar disorder. XD

I think she will lose now, but it won't be an easy fight, is love vs love.

Oddly enough I am in doubt wheter she loves Ultear as a sister, her step mother or the little girl is more keen to play on the other team.

Juvia going beserk is a much deserved spot for her, she was called forth as a potential S-Class mage for FT but haven't been able to do much so far.

The best scenario would be if the two pissed of women entered a catfight. :=D

As some wicked fourth-wall-breaker twist Mashima knew the kin would lose despite their hype and even made Hades joke about the issue.

Bluenote is the much needed response to Gildartz, even Azuma who showed up as the most bad ass so far had a hard time dealing with Mirajane who is not on the same league as Gildartz and if Fairy Tail loses only because he is absent it would sound as if he alone could beat all of GH.

This also opens the path to much redemptions later, when the enemy is just a bunch of well talented but mislead children they can have a change of heart much easier than hardcore psycho bastards like Hades.

And before I forget, hurray for Ultear vs Gray!

Finally some real character development for this arc.

I also hope that Natsu gets manhandled by Bluenote, this will make Gildartz recue the much more epic like "Haven't you learned a f*king thing that I told you?".

Atobe the king
March 26, 2011, 10:53 AM
I knew gray was designated for Ultear but no one listened to me ;w;

-Cana....i don't very much like you anymore....and you were meh before, Lucy and Erza are all i need for fanservice anyway.

-Natsu's gotten the hug of death, grabbed her ass, and at the beginning of this chapter...well he's getting closer and closer. Cover was cute.

-You guys said most of what i've had to say already but silly natsu getting all pissed at mets even though is expression was amazing.

(random: i pictured gidarltz as blond for some reason...)

matzik1212
March 26, 2011, 11:00 AM
great chapter i'm glad we had so many pages that was very satisfying :smile-big ...
i'm pretty interested in this bluenote guy he seems very strong and for now there's no one on the island who might stand a chance against him as everybody is beat-up and almost no much magic power left so i'm expecting gildartz to show and save the day :)
WOW juvia's expression scared the hell out of me she looks possessed in the last picture O_o...her love for gray is a really sick one :amuse next chapter will be a wild one :XD

exacta
March 26, 2011, 11:07 AM
Natsu really needs to get his ass kicked, his personality is pissing me off.:facepalm

Chapter was great. Looks like Meredy/Meldy is screwed though. Oh well. At least she was about to defeat Erza I guess.

Now Hades is LOLing about some of his 7 kin losing? What happened to him saying FT would have no chance against them???? Oh well, I guess he doesn't really care.This Bluenote guy makes me wonder if Hades has more stronger members in GH. Then GH would be the biggest dark guild we've ever seen. Man, GH would wipe the floor with Oracion Seis.... Bluenotes magic looks like gravity to me. When I first saw his silhouette, I thought it was Jose for a sec lol.

Zeltrax
March 26, 2011, 11:30 AM
WAIT!
What if Jose have a son and that bluenote guy is actually his son!
It'll make sense!

Atobe the king
March 26, 2011, 11:41 AM
@Exacta, if that happens he'll just do training from hell and come back even cockier, careful what you wish for in a shounen manga lol.

He's not suddenly going to learn fear and humility (unless its for gidarltz).

saya1987
March 26, 2011, 11:43 AM
btw, did any of you notice that blue note's tattoo is different from GH's guild tattoo? Personally, blue note doesn't seem to be someone that Hades could control.

jorped
March 26, 2011, 11:55 AM
it is just me that think that Gildartz is Shanks brother ??? :tem

during some seconds i though it was Shanks , and i wasnt understanding why was Shanks on that page lol

kkck
March 26, 2011, 12:04 PM
I don't think bluenote would be as powerful as makarov. Decimating a field is not something that should be difficult for makarov considering the guy could make one disappear by stepping on it. With the lachrima it should be possible to contact gildarts and luxus was implied to be on his way. Then there are the fried and bixlow reinforcement part. Those two working together could actually take a member of the seven kin. In particular those two could be a good matchup for rustyrose. Fried's and bixlow's magic would be good against him. Bixlow could take control of things created by rustyrose and fried has shown to be powerful. There is still the issue of who is going to take care of asuma though, he appears to be so far the strongest of the seven kin.

BlackHair
March 26, 2011, 12:26 PM
I don't know what to say. This chapter just proves to me that Masima is not one of the big guys. First he hypes the 7kins several times, then he trashes them in this chapter by introducing some new guy?! I can't stand this kind of story telling. It's a complete waste of time, just done to leech more chapters out of the manga.

I was so damn pumped up, as Makarov and Hades started to fight. Feels like it was years ago.

PS: Natsu as always full of himself and Cana rly should die.

wooticus
March 26, 2011, 12:29 PM
nice chapter, can't wait for juvia to turn badass & hope for mest bringing some reinforcements to the island. i would enjoy seeing gildarts fight sooo much.

so well we got an inofficial ranking of fairy tail members by meldy:

1. gray (personal reasons)
2. makarov
3. gildarts
4. erza
13. juvia

let's see if we can fill the spots!

i would go with
5. mira
6. natsu
7.freed
8. gazille
9. bixlow
10. elfman
11. evergreen
12. cana

but it's just a wild guess.. lucy and wendy could also fit in there

Aikidoka
March 26, 2011, 12:52 PM
Very satisfied with this chapter, Juvia's been in the background for so long it's good to see her finally get a chance in the spotlight.

The rankings get me curious -- are they really in order of strength? Eight people in between Erza and Juvia seem like a bit much...of course there's Natsu, Fried, and Gazille who automatically get three of those spots (EDIT: Plus Mira, how could I forget her), but I'd argue that Juvia is stronger than most everyone else in the guild.

Not sure what to think of Bluenote, afraid to get hyped for him. I was actually hoping he would be part of Tartarus so we'd get a dovetail to the next arc, but oh well. Seems a bit late to be introducing a big player.

gotdott
March 26, 2011, 12:54 PM
I don't know what to say. This chapter just proves to me that Masima is not one of the big guys. First he hypes the 7kins several times, then he trashes them in this chapter by introducing some new guy?! I can't stand this kind of story telling. It's a complete waste of time, just done to leech more chapters out of the manga.

I was so damn pumped up, as Makarov and Hades started to fight. Feels like it was years ago.

Your post contradicts itself. How does an hyped group losing quickly leading up to the introduction of someone stronger equate to dragging it out, leeching more chapters? If anything to story and fights are progressing faster than we'd like. And most of the "big guys" have done something like this, the group that gets hyped and the one or several beastly individuals that come afer.

MonsterEnvy
March 26, 2011, 01:21 PM
ok so Hades has 2 people on his ship stronger then the 7 kin thats not good

Atobe the king
March 26, 2011, 01:58 PM
I don't know what to say. This chapter just proves to me that Masima is not one of the big guys. First he hypes the 7kins several times, then he trashes them in this chapter by introducing some new guy?! I can't stand this kind of story telling, just like Bleach. It's a complete waste of time, just done to leech more chapters out of the manga.

You say Mashima is not one of the big guys but compare his story telling to Bleach...one of the most popular manga :oh.

The one I'm most curious about is FT under Laxus rule since that's the obvious road they're taking. And I agree about cana....like i said i found her meh before..in magic, personality and even looks but what she's doing is extremely un-FTlike. We all know this isn't a guild these guys are family. Almost got Lucy killed ffs when Lucy shouldn't even have been there in the first place.

ca12nag3
March 26, 2011, 02:11 PM
You say Mashima is not one of the big guys but compare his story telling to Bleach...one of the most popular manga :oh.

The one I'm most curious about is FT under Laxus rule since that's the obvious road they're taking. And I agree about cana....like i said i found her meh before..in magic, personality and even looks but what she's doing is extremely un-FTlike. We all know this isn't a guild these guys are family. Almost got Lucy killed ffs when Lucy shouldn't even have been there in the first place.

Well hmm comparing Bleach and FT is like comparing apples and pears :D but one could try ofc.

Cana i dunno, we dont know the full reason why shes so set on being S-Class and we dont know why she dumped Lucy. We asume its related but cant be for sure. After all maybe she thought it was to dangerous for Lucy to go ahead where shes going?
Im just thinking out loud cause realy weve seen to many FT members going astray so far, doesnt that seem odd?

Ivan,Laxus and his group, Purito. And now Cana? It just seems a bit much for 1 guild to have so many people go bad :D

Askia32
March 26, 2011, 02:49 PM
Great chapter.

I tried to give Cana the benefit of the doubt, but she has proven she is a selfish idiot. I will be extremely annoyed if she is doing all this because she is love sick. I'm guessing the person she wants to see is Bluenote, but the question is why.

Its about time Juvia gets some development, although I'm a lil disappointed that Gray was the breaking point. I hope she destroys the lil brat. It was funny and a lil creepy seeing her get pissed. Even Erza looked nervous and stuttered a lil bit.

I wish Natsu would consider the situation more strategically instead of getting in Doran's face like that. Granted, it is out of his character and Erza wasn't there to baby sit. But, I do understand Natsu is extremely protective of anything FT.

Gray vs Ultear will be interesting. I wonder if Gray will follow her all the way to the ship to get intel, or make his move sooner. I'm really interested to see the dialogue between them.

zelllogan
March 26, 2011, 02:56 PM
Juvia & Gajeel ... former phantom member are just awesome characters.
I just love the last panel of this chapter.

Gray will have an occasion to shine in this arc ... and it's time. He didn't have a real fight for ages.

Both Fairy tail & GH have a "secret" member ... I see a Bluenote vs Luxus in the future

Razh
March 26, 2011, 03:21 PM
Gotta admit, this guy Bluenote kinda fel out of the sky. I don't like it when a new character gets introduced and suddenly there are other guys talking about him at the same moment to hype him up.
Could have been done better, that's all.

On the other hand, it's good that there's more enemies in GH, but from the spoilers, I expected other guild involvement.

Ero-Sanji
March 26, 2011, 03:29 PM
On the other hand, it's good that there's more enemies in GH, but from the spoilers, I expected other guild involvement.

And it apparently is:D

Someone mentioned about bluenote's tattoo being different from the rest of GH. So, perhaps Tartaros sent him on a mission to aid the GH achieving whatever goal the alliance might have.

eefrit
March 26, 2011, 03:29 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa...who replaced my Fairy Tail with awesome? Seriously though, this one chapter has been better than the whole Edolas arc in its entirety and half of this arc going on now. Although it makes up for the lack of "delivery" Grimoire Heart didn't give, but it did pretty good.

Fairy Tail is now in possession of a "Lost Magic" now, which will probably come into play later. Mest or whatever his real name is went against the Council in an attempt to save Fairy Tail. He will either be a new member or he will be an "ambassador" for the Council, watching Fairy Tail from within, without spying. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cana better have a good freaking reason for betraying the guild because she is truly annoying at the moment. Ultear is being followed by Gray who for some reason picked up drinking. This confrontation promises to be good but let's wait and see.

Hades isn't really surprised or sad to see his "children" go so he seems to have a full proof plan or this Bluenote is a badder ass than all of Grimoire Heart. But I'm glad that Hades had another fighter up his sleeves since his main force is dropping like flies. Also I think that Bluenote is a Dragon Slayer who mastered Dragon Force because he wants to fly it’s a stretch but it’s possible. For some reason that little display of magic he showed made me think of Gildartz as well. Meredy has some high aspirations listing S-Class mages to kill. At least she is actually proving something unlike the other kin that got defeated. She seems to have a crush or something on Ultear, which will lead to a "battle of love" or something between her and the now more awesome than most of the women in Fairy Tail Juvia.

All in all a great chapter with interesting developments.

1337 haxor
March 26, 2011, 03:47 PM
I will call it now, Mashima will pull a major lulz out of the Meredy/Juvia fight.

Gray is going to confront Ultear next chapter, "Despair's dead-end" alley aludes to that, it's a reference to Gray backing Ultear to a corner and pulling out a confession of her pain.

Meanwhile Juvia wents batshit insane and starts to beat Merdy down, Erza shits herself for the first time in this series and backs off to support Juvia.

Meredy, however, will not give up on her side either and things will get down on a stalemate or even a catfight.

Eventually the two will land just besides Gray and Ultear who will happen to be in a very awkward post-revelation confronting position.

Meredy and Juvia will break in a comical fashion seeing the two together and Erza will be like "Uh? I win agan lol!".

Then that Bluenote bastards moves his ass while Zeref wakes up and runs away.

kkck
March 26, 2011, 03:48 PM
I don't think BlueNote is a member of grimmoire heart per say though. He seems to have some other tatoo which would indicate his alliance is elsewhere. I get the impression his objectives are akin to grimmoire heart which is why he tags along. Still, he has a tatoo which means he does belong to a guild. He could belong to either tartatus or raven tail as far as we know.

I am trying to figure out who exactly was on meldy's list, or more like the order. That said, the list is not necessarily 13 people long but rather jubia just happened to be the 13th one.

1.- Grey
2.-Makarov
3.-Gildarts
4.-Erza
5.-Mira
6.-Natsu
7.-Gazille
8.-fried
9.-Loki
10.-
11.-
12.-
13.-Jubia

Well, for the most part I think it would make sense for the list to go like that if it is made by strength. In turn, I really can't imagine Levi, lisana, lucy, kana, wendy, happy, elfman, evergreen or bixlow being considered more of a threat than jubia. Heck, even loki being more of a threat than jubia could be a tad weird.

ghostexiled
March 26, 2011, 03:51 PM
Gotta admit, this guy Bluenote kinda fel out of the sky. I don't like it when a new character gets introduced and suddenly there are other guys talking about him at the same moment to hype him up.
Could have been done better, that's all.

I really don't see an issue with revealing a new person within GH. I mean if you relate it to real-life warfare. You either send a main squad that does most of the work (7 Kin) or you send in a powerhouse to get it done quickly and devastatingly (Blue Note & Hades).

No reason to send them both, unless the opposition has many members that are equal to your main force and several others that are equal to your strongest force.

The chapter was great.

I think Natsu will get knocked down a couple of pegs when he tries (and fails) to fight either Hades of Blue Note... then in steps Gildartz to save his ass and remind him of the lesson he taught him earlier.

On Juvia... is just as awesome as always. She may be thrown around like Lucy... but she is still as great a female character as Erza and Mira (Demon Form).

I think that Juvia will give Meldy a run for her money... but will ultimately be done in by her. This is where Erza will come in and to finish things off.

On a side note, I wonder how long that voodoo doll will be in play. I am interested to see how it may help FT down the road. :)

kakashidad
March 26, 2011, 04:38 PM
ghostexilled
I think that natsu has learnt his lesson well...from gildartz tbh.Natsu the kind of guy that is loyal to a fault...and that's what i think some of the guys in here don't like.Natsu knows he's a big noise imo but does not go about chucking it.Hell at home in fairy tail.All he ever wanted to do was fight the really strong ones..excluding ezra lol.

Why so many, or it could be just the same poster over and over again knocking, him i know not.But it's free and easy to do.Juvia is going to put meldy in a box lol.well maybe not a literal box,but she will defeat meldy.

Bluenote stringer..why do peeps constantly have to say only gildartz or luxus are the only mages from fairy tail that can beat him or anyone else of equal strenght or ability?You know when you make such statements that f/t will really be a weak ass guild in comparison to some...or that he's on the same level as makarov..it's quite juvenile in it's simplicity.Thinking that way.

The strongest team f/t have to offer is on that island and they will deal with what's to come next.I mean really lol.Natsu Natsu natsu.

ghostexiled
March 26, 2011, 04:47 PM
I think that Natsu has learned as well... but he has gotta learn that he is not the only member that has to shoulder the burden of protecting the guild.

I guess my point is... he needs to learn to fight as the "team" he is always wanting to protect.

Every battle he is in... he tries to fight one on one.

The only time he has fought as a true "team" was with Gazille and Wendy against the King in Edo.

I really didn't see his and Lucy's fight with Kain as team fighting... since she really didn't do anything on her own.

Razh
March 26, 2011, 04:47 PM
And it apparently is:D

Someone mentioned about bluenote's tattoo being different from the rest of GH. So, perhaps Tartaros sent him on a mission to aid the GH achieving whatever goal the alliance might have.

Of course, it's hard not to notice the tattoo, since it was poking me in the eye. But I don't think Tartaros would allow GH to get that kind of power for themselves. Of course, maybe that's what their non aggression pact is based on. Maybe they cooperate in bringing Zeref back.
But if that's the case, why send only one person. And according to Council, he's with Grimoire Heart.

I really don't see an issue with revealing a new person within GH. I mean if you relate it to real-life warfare. You either send a main squad that does most of the work (7 Kin) or you send in a powerhouse to get it done quickly and devastatingly (Blue Note & Hades).

It just doesn't sit well with me when someone just pops out and we receive additional information about that character from a third party. It's a usual device in many manga and I never liked it. Not subtle enough for my taste. I'll end it with that.

Anyway, with this Bluenote guy, we have another possible candidate for Cana's "that person". Seriously, what's up with that woman? Mashima is doing a great job making her look retarded. Still hoping it will be one hell of a reason.

Oh and personally, I prefer "snake ponytail guy" over Bluenote.:p

ghostexiled
March 26, 2011, 05:00 PM
@Razh... I can understand your issue.

But having it all be told now by both GH and the Council, doesn't mean they waited to talk about it.

I see it as a possibility that the meeting up of Mest and the Council members and his decision the bolt with the communicator happened within just minutes.

My view is... they introduced the 7 kin, but left one out... which was Azuma. So Azuma was given that same kinda mystery. I think that if Bluenote was introduced back then as well, it would of been information overload. :p

Bluenote might actually be a person sent from the top dawg Dark Guild to oversee and make sure that Hades completed the task of bringing Zeref in.

Mashiro_Luna
March 26, 2011, 05:28 PM
I don't see why people find Bluenote a surprise, almost every arc the bad guys hold back a super strong mage as a trump card.

Also on page 30 is Meredy using a different form of Maguilty Sodom, those blades don't look like the others.

Drakk707
March 26, 2011, 06:12 PM
I predict Bluenote Stinger is the man Kana has been refering to when talking about becoming an S-Class Mage...I don't think she will fight him though and even if she does she'll surely lose.

MonsterEnvy
March 26, 2011, 06:36 PM
there was also a 2nd shadowed person in the group

plus the 7 kin are strong and have done their hype so far

Zancrow is better then Natsu but thanks to some help from Marakov Natsu drawed with him (though Wendy was around for healing so Natsu recovered fast)

Kain is strong but is stupid and forgot about his doll and never should have brought it up in the first place

Meredy is impressing me so far

Rustyrose owned in his fight

Azuma owned in both of his fights

Ultear beat Zeref then beat Natsu up but was convinced to go away by Kain aka the idiot

Caprico could have won his fight easily had Zoldio not diched his body or he should have done a captain Ginyu and stabbed himself before poessesing Loki

White Silver King
March 26, 2011, 07:37 PM
A nice chapter. It seems my predicition that Melody threatend Gray's life came true. Lluvia looks just so bad ass! I almost hope she beats Melody. But I really don't want that to happen lol. I hope the energy swords are the extent of her ability, that doesn't really seem like something deserving the title of Lost Magic even if it can injure water.

kkck
March 26, 2011, 07:44 PM

Really? I don't recall that at all....

As for Jubia... I think she will beat meldy for the most part. Right now IMO jubia is about to use an unprecedented amount of power(for her). She already has a constant water supply to manipulate and her mood alone is enough to influence the weather... Even if meldy is using some weird lost magic, jubia is not to be taken lightly IMO. Seriously, there must have been a reason she was among the element 4 back in the day....

On another note, Grey apparently noticed Urtear resembles ur. I myself have never seen the resemblance though... Is it just me?

MonsterEnvy
March 26, 2011, 08:04 PM
Really? I don't recall that at all....

As for Jubia... I think she will beat meldy for the most part. Right now IMO jubia is about to use an unprecedented amount of power(for her). She already has a constant water supply to manipulate and her mood alone is enough to influence the weather... Even if meldy is using some weird lost magic, jubia is not to be taken lightly IMO. Seriously, there must have been a reason she was among the element 4 back in the day....

On another note, Grey apparently noticed Urtear resembles ur. I myself have never seen the resemblance though... Is it just me?

she always looked like Ur to me

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/83990774/19

you can see a 3rd person standing next to hades covered by his text bubble

Faust Lim
March 26, 2011, 09:12 PM
I don't get what is wrong with hm suddenly introducing Bluenote...it has been done before by other top mangaka b4....take for example, renge in Flame of Recca and hiro did it in the oracion seis are with zero which doesn't really make sense but spiced things up, the os arc wasn't good however

shailks
March 26, 2011, 09:25 PM
she always looked like Ur to me

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/83990774/19

you can see a 3rd person standing next to hades covered by his text bubble

No it's Bluenote, he was initially standing up and then sat in the bottom panel. Notice the sfx in the lower right panel.

exacta
March 26, 2011, 10:09 PM
Just thought about it and yeah Meledy is DEFINITELY screwed. Bluenote said if one more member goes down he'll step in. I doubt Mashima isn't going to let at least one more member get defeated after dropping that line and trying to hype up Bluenote. Is his tattoo really from a different guild??? Hard to tell since you can't see the full thing. If he's not a member of GH, I guess it makes better sense that he appears now. After all, it'd be odd to think that the only dark guild interested in Zeref was GH, plus Tartaros and GH are still in an alliance.

MonsterEnvy
March 26, 2011, 11:25 PM
No it's Bluenote, he was initially standing up and then sat in the bottom panel. Notice the sfx in the lower right panel.

then in the bottom right conner thats not Bluenote it does not look like his shadow and its already sitting down before he is

Zaresh
March 26, 2011, 11:53 PM
Back to the 229 predictions, I've got the impression that Gray is going to be hardly pwned by Ultear in the very same moment that Zeref awakes. And then, he (Zeref) is going to be on rampage too, just enough to make Ultear knock him out again and runaway from there, leaving behind a shocked and hurted Gray. Because I think Zeref, the current Zeref, is something like a parent for FT, or he sees himself like that.

And it's a posibility that we have a third (or fourth) party in the island. Natsu said something was interfering his nose. I doubt it's a trick of Ultear.

Slightly related, just a crazy idea, but since a while back I was wondering why Ul, Gray's teacher, was so obsesed with magic, why she was investigating Deliora, a demon created by Zeref, and why Deliora attacked Gray's village. I was thiniking too if Ice Maker is really a time magic and not an ice magic. Because, you know, it's not only frozen water... I wonder if there is a link between all these things. Maybe Ul was researching about Zeref itself and she was a (really far) far relative?

White Silver King
March 27, 2011, 12:23 AM
Back to the 229 predictions, I've got the impression that Gray is going to be hardly pwned by Ultear in the very same moment that Zeref awakes. And then, he (Zeref) is going to be on rampage too, just enough to make Ultear knock him out again and runaway from there, leaving behind a shocked and hurted Gray. Because I think Zeref, the current Zeref, is something like a parent for FT, or he sees himself like that.
I don't know about that. I'm a Ultear fan but her taking on Zeref, Natsu, Gray and then Zeref again and winning each battle seems more than a little much (for a non-FT member of course). I'd love for her to do that but letting a villain own like that isn't Mashima's style.

Ero-Sanji
March 27, 2011, 01:00 AM
Haha, Cana is so, uninteresting I forgot to mentioned that I was right about her not seeking Mavis himself. Anyway, I wonder what that light at the end of the tunnel is all about. Perhaps, it's Mavis hindering her from entering.

LoS
March 27, 2011, 01:05 AM
Well, I waited a bit, but here is my reaction to this chapter. It is fairly linear, as in starts from early pages and progresses through the chapter.

I used to exclusively read Mangastream's scans of Fairy Tail, but now I am going to look around and read all available versions. I am not sold on the translations of late. Basically since Molokidan left some lines are iffy/suspect. Could just be me personally though.

Natsu just mentions taking a nap, then is into his non serious mode with Happy and Lucy and then bam, he drops this line:
"we have to settle this, they laid a finger on the old man, you think im gonna let them leave the island now."

ugh, the last 3 chapters have been written by two different people it seems, one panel we have one train of thought, and another panel we have someone who writes in a completely different manner. Reminds me of some serious bi-polar issues.

What does this line even mean:
"should we go back to the old man and wendy's place? We will have Lily take care of Charle"

Why are we even mentioning Lily taking care of Charle? It might be a direct word for word translation but what relevance does this even have, could just be a pointless line by Mashima.

Cana really isn't too bright. She took Lucy's idea about path E and ran with it. It seems she never took into consideration what if the grave really is not there. More and more repetition from her, she is a broken record
"To meet that person... To tell that person"

To tell him/her what? Just friggen spit it out
This had better be something monumental considering the amount of time spent on her so-called "mystery"
Also, I can only hope the light from that cave mouth is not the grave and rather something sinister.

Another awkward translation:
From Grey: "Im out of booze"

WTF does this mean? Mashima, when has Grey ever even carried alcohol let alone sipped a drink

The odd thing about Ultear not noticing Grey's presence is that normally she is entirely too besotted with Zeref to notice anything else, but here she has a fairly blank face when walking ahead. Don't really know
what is up with her.

I guess since all of the 7 kin we have seen so far have gigantic character flaws we can officially attribute them to Hades, since he himself seems to have a few screws loose. He first has supreme confidence in his "children" and now is simply entertained by the sport of seeing his children battle Makarov's children even if they lose.

I am scratching my head about Bluenote. He calls Hades old man, so there is familiarity there yet Mashima makes it painfully obvious to the readers he has a tattoo other than the GH tattoo.

Also, another odd translation. Hades just finishes telling Bluenote not to interfere in the fighting because he wants to keep being entertained and Bluenote is just too strong and will wipeout all the FT kids too quickly.
That being said, Bluenote uses some of his power to submerge their base(which shouldn't be possible since its on half land and half water).

He then mentions that submerging the ship will keep them from finding the FT kids, this is terribly inconsistent(as has been this entire arc unfortunately). Bluenote just wanted to wipeout FT and now he wants to stay in the ship and hide? Whattttt. And then he goes on to talk about bringing food to the mouth of the FT people(can someone explain this panel page 19 middle right panel) and then once again talks about destroying them.

Come on, consistency please!!!!

Also, I will wait until I see other groups translate the chapter, because I have no idea about how to
infer Bluenote's: "Im going to fly today" line

Seems by the way Hades mentions mouth of the devil that when they bring Zeref back to the ship he plans on luring the FT people close and then unleashing something horiffic against them when they try to stop him.

I completely agree with the other posters who had problems with the way Mashima introduced Bluenote. It was not handled very well. I am fine with the concept of introducing yet another insanely strong bad guy, but
just do it much better.

We have Mest all shocked just to hear the name Bluenote Stinger, yet he didn't even know about Bluenote's past exploits, why so scared yet you don't know what he has done? Doesn't make sense.

Also, how is it that the Council guy even knows that Bluenote is even there on the island?

I won't even bother mentioning the Mest situation, because we all saw it coming long ago he would be impacted by the mystical bond of fellowship that is the Fairy Tail guild. It's like an infection, we have seen numerous characters now step up and say I am doing it for Fairy Tail, heck we even had Gazille do it this arc.

Sigh, Mest trying to convince the Fairy Tail members to leave the island. Shouldn't he have just mentioned his teleportation magic and that he could have gone out and transported some strong FT members to the island or tried to convince them that taking care of the wounded comes first, before revenge.

Also, come on Natsu. I know Mashima is purposefully writing your character this way, and it really blows. Instead of taking to heart Gildartz's lesson he is going out of his way to put himself and in turn the rest of his guild members in mortal danger. Mashima is purposefully making his character immature and narrow minded only looking forward to the S-class exam for the longest time, and now only for revenge.

Andddddddd we have yet another 7 kin with a character flaw and a messed up personality. Meldy the robot decides to bring out her nightmare psycho face when talking about Grey, and then we get to see her weird attachment to Ultear, its just plain weird, her mind is so twisted and manipulated.

Then literally right after we get Meldy's WTF face when Luvia stops her swords, but alas, this means nothing. We have seen the WTF face from a few of the 7 kin already only to have them whip some ass right after.

Basically, I want some consistency. It is frustrating seeing actions and personalities flip flopping page to page, chapter to chapter.
Damn, that was wayyyy too long, like review long. My bad

ghostexiled
March 27, 2011, 01:42 AM
I am not picking on you LoS... :p

But why does one keep reading a manga they seem to be constantly displeased with? I have not once ever had any issue with this series... but some people seem to be still riding the series just to ride it.

I can completely understand your annoyance at the translation weirdness though.

To me this series has kept it pretty consistent as far as what it offers the readers... yet some seem to expect some radical change to take place in the series.

Everyone is more than welcome to express their thoughts on the series... good or bad.

But those that have been dogging the series since the Edo arc... why do you stick with it?

Sure there are things I could sit down and nit pick about and some things that are a bit silly myself... but I still enjoy the manga and consider it to be one of the best that I read. :)

Also, again please keep the comparing of other mangas to a minimum. It tends to steer the conversation towards bashing and flaming of series, characters and members.

saya1987
March 27, 2011, 02:54 AM
actually, there wasn't any mistranslation. It's exactly the same as what was stated in the spoilers. Regarding the devil's mouth, I thought hiro was trying to pull the erza sacrifice scene again. Basically, it would mean hades want to gather all of marakov's kids and probably use them as sacrifice to unlock zeref.

I am puzzled over this too and I've even checked the japanese translation but rest assured that there's no mistranslation. I think hiro wants to build mystery and that's why he made them talk in riddles so that we wouldn't be able to guess what's in the villians minds.

And yes, bluenote indeed said "it seems like I'll be flying today" in the japanese translation. God knows what that means, be it in english or japanese.

In my opinion, blue note is probably a mercenary from another guild. Hades probably hired him for backup.

LoS
March 27, 2011, 03:00 AM
Thing is, this chapter was hit and miss, which by all accounts is entertaining.

I actually was going to do a pretty in-depth run through of the past 4 chapters to illustrate my gripe on the inconsistency. It's not that I want nor expect even something radical, I would just like for a character to not become all sentimental only to go back to being self centered the very next page.

The consistency issue is really the only thing I am peeved about, because not only is it completely obvious, but it is also detracting from the overall sense of story. It is not flowing, but rather taking a few steps forward and then some back. It isn't a consistency issue based on what has previously happened in this manga, but rather what is happening in this current arc. Written one way a few pages only to change the feel the next few.

Mashima this arc put it on himself to be able to keep track of the multitudes of separate character strings he decided to have go separate ways, which obviously can be extremely difficult. Personally I don't really enjoy seeing a brief glimpse of one scene to transition to another where we also get a brief glimpse and so on and so forth. But, that is just me.

The Edolas arc was just to me a very ambitious idea that did not pan out(rather it fell quite short). Multi dimensia is near impossible to make believable, and he really only did it as a way to write Mist Gun out of the story and explain exactly what the cats are. That arc as it stands today did not progress the future storyline and "grand scheme of things." Granted there was that one little bit about bringing a perfectly dead character back into the story in Lisanna(which didn't go over well with the majority).

Another thing which is becoming more obvious is the recent chapters have had more fan service and intentional lulz moments. All well and good, but isn't this supposed to be a nail biting down to the wire really dark and desperate arc where plenty of peoples lives are on the line?

Jorge D. Dragon
March 27, 2011, 04:18 AM
That was really an interesting chapter.:) It was pretty good to see a new powerful character that is suposed to be stronger than all FT Mages in the island that are still fighting.
Also I dislike Kana more and more. She is just selfish and cares only about her sake. Ihope she will be punished by someone. It would be even better if Mavis does this from his grave.:)
Also Gray against Ultear looks very promising.:)
Also that girl (or it's a boy? I can't really understand its gender.:) But if she is a boy I can understand why she is so pissed at Gray) is pissed at Gray, but she might be punished by LLuvia with help from Elza of course.:)

Mest, coming to help Fairy Tail is also good.:) He was really influenced by this bunch))

Also I really liked Natsu's behaviour in this chapter.:)

Razh
March 27, 2011, 04:41 AM
And yes, bluenote indeed said "it seems like I'll be flying today" in the japanese translation. God knows what that means, be it in english or japanese.

In order to fly, you have to spread your wings. So in that sense, Bluenote will get to spread his wings and fly, aka, flex his muscles and fight. That's my understanding anyway.

LoS
March 27, 2011, 05:01 AM
That's what I was saying in my first post, it seems a bunch of the translations are made literal i.e word for word direct and in english their interpretation isn't very explanatory.

Razh
March 27, 2011, 05:17 AM
Well, that translation didn't bother me that much. Suure, it's clumsy and needs a little adjustment but it can't be that wrong.
Hades just added stuff to his plan and after going out so effectively, I expected that he'll be doing something else than, you know, sitting at the table and having a snack, with some wine. But then again, he's lived for so long and I don't think he would have managed that if he didn't eat well, or learned how to enjoy in occasional glass of wine. You know, taking it easy after beating a holy mage to the pulp. Or he just wanted to celebrate...

Submerging that ship made little sense to me, but I guess it will become clearer in time.

Well, if Gildartz and those guys don't come back, FT is almost positively screwed, once this Bluenote spreads his wings and starts releasing bird shit in the form of mighty earthquakes upon them.

There's one thing I mind about the set up of GH. I really liked it when I saw how troublesome those lion and chicken were to Gildartz and Levy. I expected GH is attacking with their full might. You know what that should mean. Just imagine if the entire Fairy Tail guild attacked people who are on the island. PWN!
But GH was reduced to 7 kin once they were introduced and all the other members of the guild, all those Macaos, Jets, Droys, Alzacks, Reeduse, are beaten and forgotten. By Gray, Cana, Lucy and Leo.
Just sayin', after the Gazille fight, I expected that it would really feel like the entire guild attacking. This in turn, makes Gazille look weaker than others, on account of losing from low ranks.

kakashidad
March 27, 2011, 05:18 AM

plus the 7 kin are strong and have done their hype so far

Zancrow is better then Natsu but thanks to some help from Marakov Natsu drawed with him (though Wendy was around for healing so Natsu recovered fast)

Kain is strong but is stupid and forgot about his doll and never should have brought it up in the first place

Meredy is impressing me so far

Rustyrose owned in his fight

Azuma owned in both of his fights

Ultear beat Zeref then beat Natsu up but was convinced to go away by Kain aka the idiot

Caprico could have won his fight easily had Zoldio not diched his body or he should have done a captain Ginyu and stabbed himself before poessesing Loki

What are you on?zancrow lost with a capital L..there was no draw involved.Natsu was able to go on with help i admit.But that's what ''friends''are for..zancrow was beat and admitted it as well.Your applying your personal views which in the main are not the author's or the way he's trying to tell this particular tale/story.

It really is not what we expect or want to see,but how the author deliver his message and whether we as readers,Have the ability to overstand that message...clearly some of us can't lmao.

yellowblue
March 27, 2011, 05:23 AM
Whose power made the surrounding area of the airship collapse like sand - and eventually submerging it? If it is Bluenote, could he be an earthy type dragon slayer?

matzik1212
March 27, 2011, 05:58 AM
Whose power made the surrounding area of the airship collapse like sand - and eventually submerging it? If it is Bluenote, could he be an earthy type dragon slayer?

that was definitely bluenote's power and what power >_< he looks very strong

i like your idea of him being maybe a dragon slayer but i would like it more that it would be also a type of lost magic 'cause lately we encountered too many dragon slayers and this is starting to become very boring :)

zelllogan
March 27, 2011, 06:01 AM
that was definitely bluenote's power and what power >_< he looks very strong

i like your idea of him being maybe a dragon slayer but i would like it more that it would be also a type of lost magic 'cause lately we encountered too many dragon slayers and this is starting to become very boring :)

Agreed. And for once, I would like the next dragon slayer to be a leader. And not the right arm of the main villain ...

miramira
March 27, 2011, 07:04 AM
Heh. I'm too tired from a trip...so just tidbits of comments:

~ Cana. *facepalm* You sound like a broken record. hope whatever has to be revealed abt you gets revealed so we can, maybe, pity you for reals and move on =_=

~ Oh Natsu. Gildarts let you pass because he thinks you've learned FEAR. that's what he thought, but looking at you now... :|

~ Happy pleaseee. stop playing around with Kain's doll. not amusing anymore... unless they'd figure out how to use it in a battle i hope they'd just throw it away.

~ Finally! Gray and Juvia might get some much deserved spotlight and chance to fight and possibly grow. Juvia looks so badass the last page...even Erza's nervous. lol. I'm not sure anymore abt Erza vs Meldy. Juvia might want to fight 1 on 1, it's her fighting for Gray-sama. I still don't think she'd beat Meldy, maybe they'll end up in a draw. then maybe Erza fights someone else

~ Looks like Mest is now an FT convert. he'll prolly leave the council as he's learned to care about FT

And a question: Regarding Bluenote, are any of these possible?

~ He's Gildartz's edoras counterpart? - i know we're done with Edoras but I kinda think he looks a bit like Gildarts...his shadow, at least. plus i find it weird they're hiding his face? they don't do that much. and they have similar powers..

~ He's Laxus' father, Ivan? - though of this because of the 'old man' phrase and seeming familiarity with Hades, former FT master. And the different mark...pos. Raven Tail? i think that's Ivan's guild's name. (this could also be contradicting since RavenTail's not a part of the alliance, but not being part of it doesn't mean they're not friendly w/ GH)

well, just wondering...

saya1987
March 27, 2011, 07:19 AM
LoS:

I thought the inconsistency was funny! Think about it, almost everything in FT is random. Like what lucy believes, anything that doesn't make sense always happens.

- Natsu blurting out that he wants a nap when they have better things to do.
- happy saying that he wants to visit the world of fish after hearing GH wants to take over the world.

the only weird part of this chapter was when happy said lily was looking after charles or smth like that.

as for the translations, like what Razh said, it can't be that wrong.

Anyway, one thing interesting to note about blue note is that he indirectly defied hades' orders of not to participate in the battle. It kinda shows that he probably isn't a GH member and thus, does not have to obey each and every of Hades' commands. Even his posture seems to be more relaxed compared to the other 7 kins. There's like no rank of authority between blue note and hades.

:eyeroll my guess? Like I stated before, he's a mercenary hired by Hades or that he is only helping Hades to get smth that he wants.

bittman
March 27, 2011, 07:41 AM
Nah, I'm not with the Bluenote has been hired by Hades, but also that he is definitely not a direct part of Grimoire Heart.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/83990774/18

Been looking at his guild seal for a while, since Mashima made an obvious point to show it. None of the revealed guild symbols, or even other symbols I've seen elsewhere in the manga, have the same design.

I'd like to say it rules out Edolas and Raven Tail, though we haven't seen a RT logo I imagine it to be similar to FT.

But since it's something we haven't seen, I don't know if I'd say "hired by Hades" so much as "working in collaboration with Hades". If anything, I'd like to make a guess it's actually the Tartoros symbol to tie the 3rd corner of the Balam Alliance into this entire Zeref plot.

Sollum
March 27, 2011, 08:05 AM
... i like your idea of him being maybe a dragon slayer but i would like it more that it would be also a type of lost magic 'cause lately we encountered too many dragon slayers and this is starting to become very boring :)...

Well technically Dragon Slaying is also "lost magic". And Bluenote said "I will fly today", but i am not sure if we should take literally.

Him being a DS would be awesome, but there are few BUTS:
a) Council chick would have said definitely something like "... oh and by the way, he is a Dragon Slayer".
b) His magic seems to be sort of passive thing, same as Gildartz. He didn't need to chant anything to do that "stuff" to the ship. And all of the DS's do that.
c) His name doesn't fit him being Dragon Slayer :D
I mean, if hes earth DS, then Bluenote is wrong. Its like naming your baby Orc.

kkck
March 27, 2011, 11:38 AM
Was it really bluenote who sank the airship? I was not completely sure from the chapter. Anyways, the whole thing seemed very similar to gildarts own crush magic.... Could it be that both of them have the same type of magic?

Monocle21
March 27, 2011, 01:53 PM
cana has become superdouche... i hope after her big reveal they kick her out of the guild for ditching lucy the way she did

kkck
March 27, 2011, 02:47 PM
^If things remain as they are then kana should be ditched from the guild but knowing mashima he will find a way to redeem kana. Kana is bound to save someone or do a great sacrifice at some point....

Kara-san
March 27, 2011, 03:58 PM
What does this line even mean:
"should we go back to the old man and wendy's place? We will have Lily take care of Charle"

Why are we even mentioning Lily taking care of Charle? It might be a direct word for word translation but what relevance does this even have, could just be a pointless line by Mashima.

I wanted to just let you guys know that that particular bit was a mistranslation and that we've fixed it now so if you go refresh that page, it'll make a bit more sense. Natsu was saying 'we need to take care of Lily and Charle' not 'we'll have Lily take care of Charle'.
(Yes, it's odd that Natsu would be concerned with them in particular when he has Makarov and Wendy to care for as well but that's definitely what it says so... *shrug*)

If there's anything else in particular in the trans that anyone feels really really does not make sense, let us know and we'll check it out with our translator, though the rest of it should be fine.

Sorry about that. =[

kkck
March 27, 2011, 05:37 PM
I was thinking, was it ever said which path levi and Gazille took? I was thinking that the place where it would make the most sense for the grave to be is the easy path in the first test. It is possible lucy got lucky with her over the top idea but wouldn't the "lucky" route be the best location for the grave to be? I think lucy is right about where the tomb is but the reasons for which she got it were all wrong. That would be a very lucy-like event IMO. I also can't imagine even makarov having the smarts to come up with a riddle that random.
[hr]
On another note, I think there is yet another mistranslation in the chapter. When the grimmoire heart ship is sunk, they say that if they do that "we won't be able to find them" which makes no sense whatsoever. I can't read Jap but since that makes no sense whatsoever I would guess that they actually said "they won't be able to find us". That is also coherent with what they say about apparently putting a trap near there or something.
[hr]
I was also thinking of something else. The keys to release zeref have been mentioned a number of times. What if actual lives are the keys to the seal of zeref? Basically, grimmoire heart was sent to defeat fairy tail to get the lives required for the sacrifice but if that were to fail the lives of the seven kin could be used. It's a fail-proof plan....

MechR
March 27, 2011, 05:55 PM
Nah, I'm not with the Bluenote has been hired by Hades, but also that he is definitely not a direct part of Grimoire Heart.

Been looking at his guild seal for a while, since Mashima made an obvious point to show it. None of the revealed guild symbols, or even other symbols I've seen elsewhere in the manga, have the same design.It looks like a "G". Other than working for Grimoire Heart, the Council guy said he was a Gora commander in the Gabria War, so the G could stand for any of those.

Incidentally, the Gabria/Cabria War was also where Trinity Raven became infamous (ch 85).

LoS
March 27, 2011, 06:35 PM
It is possible lucy got lucky with her over the top idea but wouldn't the "lucky" route be the best location for the grave to be? I think lucy is right about where the tomb is but the reasons for which she got it were all wrong.

On another note, I think there is yet another mistranslation in the chapter. When the grimmoire heart ship is sunk, they say that if they do that "we won't be able to find them" which makes no sense whatsoever. I can't read Jap but since that makes no sense whatsoever I would guess that they actually said "they won't be able to find us". That is also coherent with what they say about apparently putting a trap near there or something.

I was also thinking of something else. The keys to release zeref have been mentioned a number of times. What if actual lives are the keys to the seal of zeref? Basically, grimmoire heart was sent to defeat fairy tail to get the lives required for the sacrifice but if that were to fail the lives of the seven kin could be used. It's a fail-proof plan....

I actually mentioned all three of these points in my long post haha, they just stood out too much. We know Lucy will be correct, but for Cana to roll with such a crack brained idea is pretty foolish, but then again Mashima is trying to write her character as desperate, but instead she comes off as just dumb.

Yeah, there are plenty of questionable translations. They might be the literal direct word for word translations from japanese to english, but I really think at times the translation needs to be less direct and infer more from the sentences, and match them up accordingly.

Yes, I pointed out how Hades wanting to bait the FT members toward his ship as he tries to whisk Zeref away just screams using them as sacrifices. He is so non nonchalant about everything it is all a big game to him, and so far everything is going his way.

bittman
March 27, 2011, 07:47 PM
Was it really bluenote who sank the airship? I was not completely sure from the chapter. Anyways, the whole thing seemed very similar to gildarts own crush magic.... Could it be that both of them have the same type of magic?

Err, to be honest I re-read these 2-3 pages numerous times. From the speech bubbles alone, it seems like Hades sunk his battleship, because he follows it up with "Is this alright?" and then provides an explanation of what he's hoping to accomplish by sinking the ship.

Bluenote, on the other hand, did not seem to have engineered the plan to draw FT in, but rather wanted to go out hunting for them. So why would he sink the ship to draw the Fairies in, when it appears to be Hades plan?

Point: Ship sinking was Hades, primarily based on direction of speech bubbles and the tone of their seperate discussions.

Razh
March 27, 2011, 08:57 PM
That speech is all jumbled up and messy. Hard to understand what they're talking about. One thing I'm sure of; Bluenote caused those vibrations, and made the environment "explode". He puts his palm on the table, vibations start, he removes his hand, they stop. Mashima introduced new character, teased us with his powers and gave us something about his past, all in a few pages.

Also, "submerged" seems like a bad word for whatever they were saying. The ship was partly on land and partly on sea. Dumb spot for submerging anything.

bittman
March 27, 2011, 09:10 PM
That speech is all jumbled up and messy. Hard to understand what they're talking about. One thing I'm sure of; Bluenote caused those vibrations, and made the environment "explode". He puts his palm on the table, vibations start, he removes his hand, they stop. Mashima introduced new character, teased us with his powers and gave us something about his past, all in a few pages.

Also, "submerged" seems like a bad word for whatever they were saying. The ship was partly on land and partly on sea. Dumb spot for submerging anything.

Sort of something I also don't get. If they'd just "submerged" something which was half on water, then surely they just put it under water?

And I still don't agree on the hand on table thing, I figured it was just used to show us Bluenote was being aggressive at Hades (putting a hand on a table whilst standing up is an aggressive stance), whilst after the submerging he took it back a step.

That said, I can see your point, and if it is indeed clarified that it's his power, I can easily believe it.

Can we all agree that it's such a messy 2 pages? I'd rather something have a stupid overarching plot than bad dialogue and confusing chatter. I don't think any manga has gotten by without doing it at least once or twice (famously I remember the anime of One Piece giving Tsuru's speech bubbles about Lafitte to the random commanders. Well "famously". I know I remember it).

Umbra Wolf
March 28, 2011, 11:06 AM
We see the ship here.
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/83990774/16
The front half is on ground, the latter part is on the water.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/83990774/17
Second panel BlueNote puts his hands down, third and forth panel show vibrations begin to start and the final panels show the impact on the enviroment. We have to assume that BlueNote is causing the vibrations because we focus on him and his hand which is also the point where the vibrations start.

The ground is "deepened" as if a hole was created and said hole is flood with water.
I interpret Hades asking BlueNote on this page in such a way as "Are you happy now?"
The usage of "submerged" in the final panel must be inaccurate and I do not know what to do with that part.

Please note that the way the ground is impacted on the last page, is pretty similar to what Gildartz did here.
http://www.mangareader.net/135-58079-11/fairy-tail/chapter-205.html

Furthermore this part about BlueNote here:
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/83990774/20
suggests he is capable of destroying things just by walking past them, just the reason why FT's home town has the Gildartz Shift.

Conclusions:

BlueNote did the things on the pages in questions although his motive is a little unclear
BlueNote's magic or at least one of them is pretty similar to Gildartz'

Leonsagara
March 28, 2011, 12:24 PM
It seems that Bluenote really isn't part of Grimoire Heart. On the page with the scene where his hand with the guild mark is on the table, we are also shown the Grimoire Heart mark on the front of the ship, which is clearly different. Not sure which guild Bluenote is from. Obvious choices are Tartaros or Raven Tail. Raven Tail might make sense if Makarov's son(Ivan?) is gathering mages to counter the known members of Fairy Tail(assuming that the people who think Bluenote's power is similar to Gildartz's are right).

Razh
March 28, 2011, 03:03 PM
Well, MechR up there pointed out that Trinity Raven group from Skull Order assassin guild also fought in that Capria/Gabria war. (probably the same thing)
LINK:http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v11/c085/19.html

I tried to see any mark resembling that of Bluenote on them, but there is no recognizable guild mark on any of them.

So anyway, just to throw out the possibility, Bluenote could be from Skull Order, maybe even it's leader. We know at least that he was in that war at the same time. His manners seem like those of a mercenary to me, even.

I kinda like that possibility more, that there are strong evil mages outside of Balam Alliance.
Also, from the part of the story in which Trinity Raven appeared, it's highly unlikely that they are the best that Skull Order has to offer. But who knows, right. Maybe Mashima dropped the Skull Order out of the story completely.

shuha27
March 28, 2011, 07:43 PM

I'm pretty sure that was Bluenote's magic. I checked on fairytail wikia and they said it was his magic but sometimes they can be wrong but for now I think that is his magic.

I was thinking the exact thing of both of them using the exact same magic. I have a feeling though Erza might get Bluenote if Juvia wins her fight....maybe

LoS
March 28, 2011, 07:56 PM
I checked on fairytail wikia and they said it was his magic but sometimes they can be wrong but for now I think that is his magic.

Im sorry, but this just made me lol. They just determined that based on the chapter we all just read. It isn't definitive or anything. They are working with the same passage we read....

shuha27
March 28, 2011, 07:58 PM
Im sorry, but this just made me lol. They just determined that based on the chapter we all just read. It isn't definitive or anything. They are working with the same passage we read....

LOL I know that obviously. Just getting insight from other people. I wrote it might be wrong :)

Igtenes
March 28, 2011, 08:33 PM
I like the theory about "lives" representing the keys required to awaken Zeref. But was it not mentioned in the Tower of Paradise arc that Ultear, following Hades's orders, had Jellal plan that whole mess in order to gain just one of the keys required to awaken Zeref? Although we never saw said key it sounded like an artifact or object and not a "life".
While we are in the subject of the "keys", was it ever mentioned how many are needed?

bittman
March 29, 2011, 12:20 AM
What if the keys to Zeref are the existing traces of his old magic? Like in order to "seal himself", he removed portions of his power which need to be erased in order to release him again?

It would make sense with Lullaby, Deloria and Gerard's "Zeref spirit" being defeated recently. On the other hand, Ultear wasn't trying to have Deloria die, but rather be used yes?

And yes, I don't expect the "keys" to be actual objects.

I think Gerard was indeed a key though, as opposed to Etherion firing or the Tower of Paradise being the keys, but this offers the question: does Gerard's revival mean that the keys are actually not all gathered again? It's possible that Grimoire Heart is not aware that Gerard was revived during the Oracian Seis arc. This of course is all hypothesised on the basis Gerard is a key. Would be a decent way to bring him back into the story perhaps. Do some One Piece - Impel Down-esque Jail break some day =P

LoS
March 29, 2011, 01:55 AM
It's possible that Grimoire Heart is not aware that Gerard was revived during the Oracian Seis arc.

I think it is more than safe to assume they know about him being Arrested by the Council. They are a powerful dark group, there are always ties into forms of rule and government by the evil goers.

llamapie
March 29, 2011, 11:48 AM
What if the keys to Zeref are the existing traces of his old magic? Like in order to "seal himself", he removed portions of his power which need to be erased in order to release him again?

It would make sense with Lullaby, Deloria and Gerard's "Zeref spirit" being defeated recently. On the other hand, Ultear wasn't trying to have Deloria die, but rather be used yes?

And yes, I don't expect the "keys" to be actual objects.

I think Gerard was indeed a key though, as opposed to Etherion firing or the Tower of Paradise being the keys, but this offers the question: does Gerard's revival mean that the keys are actually not all gathered again? It's possible that Grimoire Heart is not aware that Gerard was revived during the Oracian Seis arc. This of course is all hypothesised on the basis Gerard is a key. Would be a decent way to bring him back into the story perhaps. Do some One Piece - Impel Down-esque Jail break some day =P

Well to curve off your idea here, I would say the dragons are directly related to Zeref or equal to him in power. They could have been his peers at some point or even his rivals. It would explain how Natsu was considered over 80 years old in that one arc, by the wall anyways. His magic is ancient and likely has pure potential.

I think the one tell tale sign to help confirm this is how Zeref wanted Natsu to kill him. There is a key there, that only Natsu and possibly other DS'ers hold.

Razh
March 31, 2011, 01:11 PM
Geez, who killed the thread?
Like, no new posts for 2 straight days.

So anyway, as far as Zeref is concerned, it looked like he knew something about the future, or he actually arrived from the future. Something is definitely off there. There's a thing about Natsu's age thing and the scar both he and Igneel share that has bothered me in a while. Almost like Dragonslayers are some kind of human clones or something.

Sollum
March 31, 2011, 02:09 PM
Geez, who killed the thread?
Like, no new posts for 2 straight days.

Well, there is nothing to post about =/

It says Fairy Tail 228 Discussion / 229 Predictions
228 was Discussed
And making predictions... well, everything is pretty straight forward. Cana will be redeemed, FT will win against GH, Bluenote has his own agenda, Natsu will continue to act like a di**.

I think it's getting so dull because of seeing same sort of magic ALL THE TIME >.>

Noticed how everyone likes Makarovs fights? Old fella has lots of tricks in his magic sack! Whilst Erza, Natsu, Gray use same sort of magic for 228 chapters and nothing ever changes...

ca12nag3
March 31, 2011, 02:54 PM
hmm well what i hope for eventualy is that natsu and the other dragonslayers gain a transformation of sorts? like turn into partial dragons.
*yes with wings*

As for the typ of magic it cant realy change, unless Gray learns from a Icedragon perhaps and becomes a slayer too? Otherwise water magic is water *juvia* and equip is equip *erza*.
If it bores someone to see this kinda stuff well ^^... thats the same for every manga out there. Apart from learning new moves not much changes.

Sollum
March 31, 2011, 03:13 PM
As for the type of magic it cant realy change, unless Gray learns from a Icedragon perhaps and becomes a slayer too? Otherwise water magic is water *juvia* and equip is equip *erza*.
If it bores someone to see this kinda stuff well ^^... thats the same for every manga out there. Apart from learning new moves not much changes.

Well, Maks knows lots of tricks:
Warding magic
"Go Giant"
Fairy Law
Thunda Finga!

And who knows what else. I doubt that those are his primary abilities, well maybe apart from enlarging himself.
Even Laxus showed some versatility by using Fairy Law.

I am not asking for Erza to use new sort of magic, but well... Lets say she could learn something new, like some warding magic (its just an example!!!).

And... they don't learn new moves :( The only new move i noticed by Natsu was Secret Lotus technique, or something like that, where he spit some more fire than usual to push Guildartz a bit further.

I dont know, maybe he could learn some sort of earth magic to mix it with fire magic, so he could hurl Fiery Boulders of lava at enemy.

Lee-tyme7
March 31, 2011, 05:18 PM
LOL 3 out of the 7 kin of purgatory, Natsu was the only one who had taken out 2 well Lucy help and Leo took out Capricorn but other than that none of the other FT member could beat their opponent. My guess for the next Kin to go down is that little girl Erza/Jubia is fighting.

LoS
March 31, 2011, 08:55 PM
Oh one thing I totally forgot to mention, is for everyone who kept on believing that Zancrow would make a return, can you now lay that belief to rest after hearing Bluenote saying 3 are taken out?

Something by the way of hearing him and Hades both say/agree 3 are now down makes me believe they wont be featuring in any more fights in this current arc.

Bhoot
April 01, 2011, 02:15 AM
Well I suppose we can assume that Meldy is also out now .

A confrontation b/w Ultear and Gray seems likely .

Rusty Rose may make an appearance later

And the bomber guy is still to make a re-appearance as well .

Hmmm I'd have prefered a total wipe-out of the guild [Like taking heavy damage , ppl dead , Ministry after them coz they consealed Zeref making FT go underground and meet secretly after some time to show us some more development / skills acquired type of something , Then clearing their name with ppl still doubting them , betrayal and what not] I mean this arc had the potential for a lot and it just died .