PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 229 Discussion/ 230 Predictions

saladesu
March 26, 2011, 06:41 AM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68537) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

ghostexiled
April 01, 2011, 09:25 AM
spoilers: http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail-229-Raw-Scan

Kotaku
April 01, 2011, 11:07 AM
Wow!!!! Amazing! What is call spoiler? Early see the manga? I also want the spoiler! I see the Jubia soak in water, I think what happening? I look so forward to read chapter!

Ero-Sanji
April 01, 2011, 12:46 PM
Is Lluvia the one making the raining? I hope so!

Anyway, it seems as if Wendy is using some odd magic making Grey feel sick and that worries Lluvia. Rusty and Azuma are probably talking about common villain chat topics like, "the world is changing to suit us better" or "the victory is near" etcetera.

And the first pic is very... I'll leave it like that.

ca12nag3
April 01, 2011, 12:52 PM
great spoilers but who is the person in the tub ? levi? lucy? without the outfits i cant always make out who is who :D

kkck
April 01, 2011, 01:18 PM
Jubia is definitely the one causing the rain. Before she joined fairy tail or met grey she always unconsciously caused rain, that was a bit of a plot point back in the phantom arc.

I wonder what the marc on meldy's arm is. I guess her magic is going to be explained this arc. Not sure what the deal is with grey though, did he somehow got to where meldy was? wasn't he following urtear?

LoS
April 01, 2011, 03:19 PM
As I unspoiler mentioned in the other thread, this chapter seems to be more informative than action packed. I mean it looks like Luvia and Meldy haven't progressed in their fight one bit. And then we get Meldy's reasoning for Grey's ranking, some back story, and two of the Kin discussing whatever.

Ero-Sanji
April 01, 2011, 04:47 PM
I'm I just tired or did Meldy just get older?
Look at the hair and especially the chest!

shuha27
April 01, 2011, 05:01 PM
The spoilers are so early...so awesome! This chapter looks pretty good. I really want to see the explanation of Meldy's magic. Her magic so far hasn't impressed me but maybe it has more to it.

I don't think she looks older, she just looks pretty pissed but who knows :)

Leonsagara
April 01, 2011, 05:26 PM
From what I could make out, it seems like Meldy's magic is somehow supposed to make Grey die if either she or Juvia die fighting each other. Not really sure how that works, or if it depends on who dies. Can't really make out everything and my Japanese isn't that great.

llamapie
April 02, 2011, 04:42 AM
Is Lluvia the one making the raining? I hope so!

Anyway, it seems as if Wendy is using some odd magic making Grey feel sick and that worries Lluvia. Rusty and Azuma are probably talking about common villain chat topics like, "the world is changing to suit us better" or "the victory is near" etcetera.

And the first pic is very... I'll leave it like that.

I know this manga is such a tease. @_@ Dirty minds can't help but stare, and most of us are actually dirty.

Looks like things are picking up. Juvia getting serious is a big step forward and hopefully Grey actually sees something this time. I dunno I really think that Fairy Tail will be able to beat the 7 kin but every one of them will end up exhausted and then destroyed by this new guy.

I think this arc is simply a lead up to the next one, which will be HUGE.

Skyguardian
April 02, 2011, 07:05 AM
great spoilers but who is the person in the tub ? levi? lucy? without the outfits i cant always make out who is who :D

It's 100% Juvia. Just look at the Grey puppet on the right and look at her eyes. ;)

jorped
April 02, 2011, 02:38 PM
chapter out -Fairy Tail 229 (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/70452068/1)

Skyguardian
April 02, 2011, 02:57 PM
Nice Chapter. Seeing Juvia fight with fullpower is still something.

Finally we got to see Meredys true power too. I like it it and I have the feeling Meredy will be convinced and maybe join Fairy Tail too...

Can't imagine anyone dies.

MonsterEnvy
April 02, 2011, 03:00 PM
Nice Chapter. Seeing Juvia fight with fullpower is still something.

Finally we got to see Meredys true power too. I like it it and I have the feeling Meredy will be convinced and maybe join Fairy Tail too...

Can't imagine anyone dies.

why her appearance thats the only reason people think she will join fairy tail she is loyal to Ultear and GH

anyway she is pretty strong her powers are pretty much if I lose you lose too

jorped
April 02, 2011, 03:06 PM
Loved seeing Juvia this upset !!!
But now it is going to be interesting to see how thinks are going to end , if this continues this way , those 3 are going to die

weirdongbata
April 02, 2011, 03:14 PM
the cover was enough to make me say that this is a great chapter <3

monkey D luffy
April 02, 2011, 03:18 PM
im starting to like asuma, seems like the only man with decency over there. (not counting the fact that he tried to bomb lisanna just to get a good fight.
that meledy is just a little bitch isnt she?

kkck
April 02, 2011, 03:36 PM
Meldy never stroke me as the suicidal type. That is some magic though, to be able to connect people who have strong feelings towards each other. Grimmoire heart would benefit from this considering they would lose one member while fairy tail loses two. Still, it would also mean bluenote would be free to rampage which is not good news overall. Urtear seems to have caught notice of grey so perhaps she would do something. I doubt urtear herself hates grey though, it'd be interesting if she can use her time magic to break the link. I really want meldy's magic to be explained though, so far just making blades appear does not seem very interesting.
[hr]
It's a shame jubia did not show her true power against erza before, she really does deserve a better shot to be an s-class mage. Wonder if having all those positive emotions as a result of joining fairy tail actually made her a tad weaker though. Jubia has always been one of the stronger characters around, I find it extremely strange erza would have such an easy victory over her. Erza is strong but jubia really should be along the lines of natsu or grey in terms of power so such an easy victory really made no sense IMO.

Skyguardian
April 02, 2011, 03:39 PM
why her appearance thats the only reason people think she will join fairy tail she is loyal to Ultear and GH

anyway she is pretty strong her powers are pretty much if I lose you lose too

Her appearence? No... I just can't imagine anyone dies... It does not fit this Manga.

Well of course it would explain Natsu crying in the Future but I suppose he'll do because he'll loose to Bluenote.

Well of course she is loyal. But I still believe Juvia will accomplish to make the thought of killing Grey vanish.

kkck
April 02, 2011, 03:39 PM
In turn, I think this chapter does foreshadow meldy might get stronger later on. If her power is to transform faith or emotions into blades then the angrier she gets the stronger the gets. In that sense perhaps her rather robotic personality earlier was perhaps a deliberate attempt to tone down her own power and keep it in check. I think this fight will end in a tie.

Ero-Sanji
April 02, 2011, 04:04 PM
This chapter brought back the brilliance of FT in my opinion. This battle had intelligence, humour and power, great!

Though, I still can't figure what Meldy's powers really are, I like it when they all get tangled up like this and it makes me wonder how Lluvia will handle this. I mean knocking Meldy out would result in her own sleep and Grey's as well and that isn't good know that he's so close to the daughter of his mentor.

Lluvia really stepped it up, showing her true place, finally!

HiAndromon
April 02, 2011, 04:07 PM
When I saw the 'Three Spread Sensor Link' I knew exactly how this would end.Juvia and Grey will feel Meredy's remorse for Ultear who lost her mother.Grey will likely remember when Ur died and feel similar remorse,but stronger. This will shake Juvia and Meredy, then Meredy will be immediatley overwhelmed by Juvia's love for Grey; immediatley rendering Meredy unconscious with bliss.Grey will be utterly confused as to what happened(and it will likely blow his cover). Later Meredy will likely join Fairy Tail and become infatuated with Gray, Juvia will be shaken and realize that she created her own rival.

kkck
April 02, 2011, 04:09 PM
Well, jubia will just have to minimize her losses and win/lose the battle on her own terms. As long as she is connected to meldy she can't really kill her so that is out of the question. She has to knock meldy out while causing her the minimun amount of damage basically. It'd be interesting if grey and jubia use their connection to use unison raid and break the link with meldy.

ca12nag3
April 02, 2011, 04:27 PM
Good chapter realy intense, loved the entire love vs hate on gray.
Also seeing Azura and Rusty's way of life is realy great to see. Azura more or less the honor-warrior as for Rusty who doesnt care for anything :D
Only thing i wonder after this chapter is that it will be a mere 5 min in anime? :D

1337 haxor
April 02, 2011, 04:47 PM
Awesome chapter!

Meredy got the most awesome ability hands down, even if Juvia goes all out beserk she is only going to sink them all down.

I called it, Meredy needs to turn good if she is to be defeated, there is no possible way to take her down by blunt force.

The question is, what achilles heel will make her crack?

Aikidoka
April 02, 2011, 05:10 PM
Awesome chapter, loved the Azuma and Rustyrose exchange. I'm liking Azuma more and more.

This situation is going to be tough to get out of...right now I'm still racking my brains trying to think of a good loophole that allows Juvia to win. Seven Kin indeed, Melody's magic definitely qualifies as a Lost Magic. All the Kin's powers are so cheap...

Razh
April 02, 2011, 05:22 PM
Crap, Gray better not be knocked out this time without even fighting.

Boy that cover adds to the quality of chapter! Even Erza had to slip into a bikini just for the sake of leaving, lol. Did Mashima start reading HSD Kenichi a couple of months ago or what? Feels like it + magic instead of martial arts :p

LoS
April 02, 2011, 05:42 PM
This chapter was the prototypical Shounen manga for young audiences.

Given that the manga is exactly what the above states I can't be too upset. It's just that this chapter is like a lesson for writing a chapter. Have your characters all get stronger via nakama power up, or charged up by emotions, and then have some character in the story explain just what is powering them up so that if you are a complete idiot and can't grasp some simple concept you have now read just what is happening and should fully understand.

This development has been building for quite some time. Every FT character will undoubtedly get stronger because Mashima has pounded the idea of bonds and relationships into our head each and every chapter. He clearly wants us to know why it is acceptable for generally weaker yet friendlier and more kind characetrs to continually defeat the more evil but stronger opposition. Now we even get Azuma, who is the cool headed analytical member of the 7 Kin tell us that FT can't be discounted for the above reasons.

Its a shounen manga, there really isn't a need to even explain this within the chapter because it has happened in each and every shounen since the dawn of time. It's just a cliche pre-requisite for the story.

It's a shame though, I didn't think it would be so generic. The earliest chapters of this arc deviated from the norm in a great way, but now each chapter has been guiding the end result toward the standard.

Later Meredy will likely join Fairy Tail

This is something I called once I heard her robot talk, a seemingly innocent female character was just ripe for joining FT, since FT is great at tugging on characters heart strings and preaching friendship and love. Only shocker is that Ezra will not be the one who changes her current personality and convinces her to join, I always thought Ezra would be the one.

Also, why are people mentioning true power? Sure this is what she can produce when firing on all cylinders, but how often will she ever be able to draw up this much power based on incredibly strong emotion? Chances are hardly ever, this is just an extreme circumstance.

As long as she is connected to meldy she can't really kill her

Why would you ever even bring this up, no FT ever would kill another character.

Meredy got the most awesome ability hands down, even if Juvia goes all out beserk she is only going to sink them all down.

This has been done quite a few times before, linking your damage with your opponent. And as you said, there is always some loophole you can exploit to take advantage of the link system. I just hope that Mashima creates one that makes sense and isn't pulled out of his behind, and I sincerely hope it isn't connected to overpowering Meldy using the strength of relationships/bonds. That would be really dumb.

Even Erza had to slip into a bikini just for the sake of leaving, lol. Did Mashima start reading HSD Kenichi a couple of months ago or what?

One reason the chapters fell off in HSDK was because of the unnecessary and seemingly random fan service. Its been steadily building up to a greater degree in FT, I guess if that is your thing seeing drawn characters in those situations then its good for you, but otherwise it takes away from the story a bit.

1337 haxor
April 02, 2011, 05:52 PM
It can go three ways:

-Juvia decides that for Gray's sake she will relinquish her feelings for him breaking their links and allowing her to defeat Meredy.

That would be an epic victory not only for Juvia but also for the manga as a whole, defeating an opponent at the expense of one's own feelings is the sort of die-hard sacrifice that gives victory a meaning.

-Juvia talks down on Meredy and convinces her to relinquish her hatred for Gray, this also paves her way to change sides.

That seems quite the lame yet most probable outcome, Meredy depends on her hatred not only to keep that spell but also to drive her fighting spirit foward.

Take out the hatred and she crumbles into a regretful character.

-Ultear betrays Meredy openly and "kills" Gray.

In this case evil undoes itself, Ultear finds Gray and beats him up to the brink of death despite the seal in his wrist.

Meredy realizes Ultear doesn't cares for her and breaks, undoing the spell and regreting her ways.

This also opens the path for an Erza vs Ultear confrontation as Juvia would be too weakened and to far away to reach out for Gray.

On the other hand Meredy may also have an energy transfer spell and both she and Juvia passes down their energies to Gray giving him the strenght to tackle Ultear head on.

Zatono
April 02, 2011, 05:56 PM
Poor Grey, his character design has been getting the short end of the stick since RAVE.

LoS
April 02, 2011, 06:31 PM
Meredy realizes Ultear doesn't cares for her and breaks

This is bound to happen at some point. Hence why I believe Meldy turns good.

Ultear only cares about Zeref just like Hades, she will use others to help her achieve her goal. Meldy is just a casualty along this road of hers.

White Silver King
April 02, 2011, 07:14 PM
I must say, I'm disappointed by Melody's powers. Her swords are versatile but the Lost Magic itself is very situational - it'd be useless in a non-suicidal completely one-on-one fight.

And now Melody has to turn good (which I'm not complaining about, I like her), there's no way Mashima would let her, Lluvia and Gray die.

saya1987
April 02, 2011, 08:07 PM
A really nice chapter! I didn't expect Meldly to have such unique soft fighting skills. I love her new skills, a nice contrast to all her hardcore skills similar to that of erza.

However, like what it was stated above, it is a suicidal skill. If meldy wanted Gray dead that badly, she could easily kill him by commiting suicide. I don't think it's useless but this would mean that the fight is going to end next chapter (that's if she spends the whole chapter killing herself)

Now, erza is on the loose....yeehaa!

MechR
April 02, 2011, 08:19 PM
I must say, I'm disappointed by Melody's powers. Her swords are versatile but the Lost Magic itself is very situational - it'd be useless in a non-suicidal completely one-on-one fight.I dunno, she was able to link Juvia to Gray even though he was pretty far away, and she had never met him before.

ca12nag3
April 02, 2011, 08:22 PM
About the (Ultear doesnt care for Meledy) Im not so sure. She asked her if she could fight, and got angry when she called her Ul.

Comparing it with Jellal you see she didnt get angry when Jellal praised her mother. As usual with people close to you you get angry, with those of no concern you smile it away. Thus i think Ultear might care for her to some extend.

And beating her magic hmm well perhaps no ultimate solution but you could k.o. 1 of the 3 in the link then they all go k.o.? :D At least nobody dies and then someone like Levy or Fried could perhaps fix the situation? ^^

Im kidding i suspect Meledy gets called off by Ultear or she switches sides, or sees shes doing something wrong here, like going against Ultears wishes. Any of these will prolly be the endgame here.
A longshot but how about freezing Meledy its only about senses and damage but it does not affect mobility, its not kains doll thing. So Gray could just freeze meledy in ice and then figure out what to do later :D.

Razh
April 02, 2011, 08:29 PM
One reason the chapters fell off in HSDK was because of the unnecessary and seemingly random fan service. Its been steadily building up to a greater degree in FT, I guess if that is your thing seeing drawn characters in those situations then its good for you, but otherwise it takes away from the story a bit.

Nowhere do I mention that it's my thing. Fact is, Mashima is doing a lot more fan service lately, to the point of it actually reminding me of HSDK, where that stuff has become a norm a long time ago.

And no, it doesn't really bother me and the story has bigger issues than Lluvia in a bathtub or Erza in a bikini.

kkck
April 02, 2011, 08:39 PM
I must say, I'm disappointed by Melody's powers. Her swords are versatile but the Lost Magic itself is very situational - it'd be useless in a non-suicidal completely one-on-one fight.

And now Melody has to turn good (which I'm not complaining about, I like her), there's no way Mashima would let her, Lluvia and Gray die.
The situational part is only that grey happens to be her target though. It is basically a 2 for 1 kill for meldy. If it hadn't been grey it would have been someone else Jubia cares for. In other situations it could put the enemy in a stressful situation which could make all the difference in a fight. Or lets say meldy is outnumbered in a fight. All she has to do is link the two together to make the numerical advantage something of a disadvantage as hurting one will hurt the other. The absense of the current plot elements would not make meldy's magic useless in the least. It is far too cruel a magic for a little girl IMO. That is one reason for which I think she will not join.

I still predict jubia and grey forming some sort of unison raid through the link meldy created thus defeating her. It would follow the current pattern we have seen where the grimmoire heart members are defeated by their own magic ( zancrow by powering up natsu, zoldio disappeared as a side effect of unfusing apparently, kain with his doll). If this really is a pattern then perhaps it will be natsu that defeats asuma. The fire from a big explosion would perhaps heal natsu and asuma is already fairly beat up so there is a small chance... That would be too many enemies for natsu to defeat though, it would make more sense for erza to take asuma.
[hr]

Nowhere do I mention that it's my thing. Fact is, Mashima is doing a lot more fan service lately, to the point of it actually reminding me of HSDK, where that stuff has become a norm a long time ago.

And no, it doesn't really bother me and the story has bigger issues than Lluvia in a bathtub or Erza in a bikini.

I am pretty sure fairy tail has always had the same amount of fan service. Seriously, how old is the gag where lucy is undressed at least once in every arc? Mashima has not lost a chance to show the fairies in a bikini since the fairies were introduced either.

White Silver King
April 02, 2011, 09:20 PM
I dunno, she was able to link Juvia to Gray even though he was pretty far away, and she had never met him before.

Yeah but that's really only useful when there is a third party, like Gray, involved. Say she was fighting some random, linking him to someone else would provide her no advantage. The only way it can be used without a third party is a suicide on her part and that's not exactly productive.

ghostexiled
April 02, 2011, 09:29 PM
Putting aside my love for all things Juvia...

I thought this chapter was one of the best so far in this arc.

Juvia is a beast and I agree that it is a shame she couldn't muster up that strength in her Trail against Erza.

This chapter being about the strength of feelings was a nice overlay as well.

From what I gather Meldy has the ability to create magic out of her emotions. This would allow her to become quite the powerful mage... which is another sign that she may be swayed over to FT's side.

I don't see this link magic as an ass-pull. Because it ties to the root of Meldy's magic ability... emotions.

I guess no matter the amount of debating going on over this series... some will always find something to nit-pick or dislike. While others (like myself) can enjoy the series to its fullest without over-thinking it so.

LoS
April 02, 2011, 09:39 PM

It was a generalization for everyone, I guess instead of saying "your" and "you" I should have said Someone's...

All she has to do is link the two together to make the numerical advantage something of a disadvantage as hurting one will hurt the other. The absense of the current plot elements would not make meldy's magic useless in the least. It is far too cruel a magic for a little girl IMO. That is one reason for which I think she will not join.

One loophole which I could see easily exploited by Mashima is that he brings up Fairy Tail's resilience and commitment. The more damage suffered by everyone to the point where Meldy can no longer continue, somehow Luvia and Grey will draw upon their bonds and fight through the pain due to their hope yada yada yada nakama bullcrap.

This chapter being about the strength of feelings was a nice overlay as well..

Hmmmm not like this is anything new at all. Every text between panels has been about bonds, hope, friendship.... for a long time now. All about the powers of good overcoming the lack thereof in the evil side.

About the (Ultear doesnt care for Meledy) Im not so sure. She asked her if she could fight, and got angry when she called her Ul.

Comparing it with Jellal you see she didnt get angry when Jellal praised her mother. As usual with people close to you you get angry, with those of no concern you smile it away. Thus i think Ultear might care for her to some extend.

Ultear was putting on an act, she was trying to act seduced by Jelal, and it worked. He thought he had her under his thumb. Getting pissed and blurting out to someone would ruin her submissive act.

MonsterEnvy
April 02, 2011, 09:39 PM
Her appearence? No... I just can't imagine anyone dies... It does not fit this Manga.

Well of course it would explain Natsu crying in the Future but I suppose he'll do because he'll loose to Bluenote.

Well of course she is loyal. But I still believe Juvia will accomplish to make the thought of killing Grey vanish.
While I don't think anyone will die ether (well maybe Marakov but thats it)

I said the only reason I belive you think she will join fairy tail is because of her looks

Awesome chapter!

I called it, Meredy needs to turn good if she is to be defeated, there is no possible way to take her down by blunt force.

I don't think Meredy is going to turn good if she gets knocked out then they all just get knocked out

not really I have a feeling that Meredy can beat up on her opponents with out feeling pain from the link but they feel pain from beating her up

If Meredy gets knocked out then Juvia and Grey get knocked out but they don't die

plus I don't think she will turn good she is Ultears fan girl

Yeah but that's really only useful when there is a third party, like Gray, involved. Say she was fighting some random, linking him to someone else would provide her no advantage. The only way it can be used without a third party is a suicide on her part and that's not exactly productive.

not really I don't think she gets hurt from damaging her enemy only if her enemy hurts her

ghostexiled
April 02, 2011, 09:43 PM
@LoS - Yes I know. I was being more specific with my reference to it.

I was refering to that of LOVE and personal emotions towards other characters. :D

@MonsterEnvy - Meldy has the chance to turn good if and (lets face it) when she finds out that she is not held as important or whatever by Ultear. Also when Meldy finds out that Gray did not kill Ul, although he did indirectly have a part in her death.

kkck
April 02, 2011, 10:38 PM
I don't think urtear actually does not care about meldy. Seems kinda like the opposite given their limited interaction. It'd be interesting if meldy has a reaction about urtear caring more about zeref than her though.

ghostexiled
April 02, 2011, 10:56 PM
possibly...

But the whole situation is set up to have Meldy figure out that Ultear is not quite who she is claiming to be.

meepers4982
April 02, 2011, 11:24 PM
really liked how juvia shined in this chapter, we finally see her as the strong character she was when she was first introduced in the manga. Even erza was worried about how strong she was and is it just me or does meldy look a lot like a female version of natsu.

Shiro Tsuki
April 03, 2011, 12:32 AM
Ah Juvia! :D
Finally something to fawn over...
She was great in this chapter - Again Meredy seems more grown up in barely 2 chapters...
Why is everyone bent to see her change to the good side? _-
I hate kids like those - She hates Gray to the extent that she'll kill herself along with him - She is a fan of Ultear and GH is her guild...
I am just hoping she goes mad when she finds out Ultear doesn't really care about her!...

Azuma is fierce -_
I'd like him more if he'd be less 'i'd do anything for a good battle' - seems like Gazille and Natsu -
It'll be interesting to see what Juvia will do next! She is quite cornered!

senewe
April 03, 2011, 12:50 AM
I followed the thread in last few weeks and people keep talking about FT being monotone and getting nowhere and blah blah.. well I don't give a crap. This series is seriously killing me. and this chapter confirmed it.

anyway liked the idea Meldy joining, creating a rival for already hilarious Juvia.

also have strong impression that Erza might offer a rematch in the end of the arc. Seeing Juvia's true power pump the blood out of this freak battle babe

edit: calling it. we'll hit 200 replies this week

kkck
April 03, 2011, 01:19 AM
possibly...

But the whole situation is set up to have Meldy figure out that Ultear is not quite who she is claiming to be.

Who is urtear claiming to be though? I don't honestly understand what exactly are the grounds of these claims. I don't see anything that foreshadows anything of the sort. Can someone explain this to me lol?

LoS
April 03, 2011, 02:15 AM
It has been written in a few posts in this thread. Ultear wont mind sacrificing her supposed close friend/little sister/minion Meldy for her true goal, obtaining Zeref.

Meldy will see this and will somehow breakdown and this will allow Grey and Luvia and herself to all live despite her lost magic...

Zeltrax
April 03, 2011, 02:52 AM
...and Meldy will join fairy tail.

Why does this sound so cliche?

I hope that gray taking damage won't affect any battles he'll have, it's been a long time since we've seen him actually fight all out, the last one I think was during TOP arc or something, and that's really long.

Erza leaving the scene means that her fighting rustyrose or azuma is possible. This means that Natsu will fight Bluenote and fairy tail have enough to defeat the rest of Grimore heart, pretty much confirmed that ft is winning. The only problem is Hades.
I'll be a stupid move to make natsu win against him, so I'm guessing Laxus.

Nothing really much to say about this chapter, Juvia owning was pretty predictable but no one saw meldy's power coming.
Funny how azuma says "Don't underestimate fairy tail" after taking a S-Rank satan out.
Bastard :-_-

ghostexiled
April 03, 2011, 03:42 AM
@kkck -

I think you are misinterpreting what I mean. I am stating (like LoS has) that Ultear will reveal to Meldy (in some fashion) that she is willing to sacrifice her for Zeref.

Meldy is being "used" just like Jellal was being used.

So she is "claiming" to Meldy that she cares for her as a little sister, friend or adopted daughter.

The "foreshadowing" is the over emphasis that Meldy is putting on her relationship for Ultear... which is bound to bite her in the butt.

1337 haxor
April 03, 2011, 06:45 AM
Even tough Meredy joining FT later does sound cliche we also have to remeber that Cana has a huge deal of chance in quitting or getting expelled.

It would make sense that once this island drama is over and Cana's betrayal weights on her shoulders we would need someone to replace her.

I think it would be more than a fair trade to change a drunken selfish girl for a powerful fanatic one.

Meredy's dedication to those important for her would make her a perfect FT mage, afterall love for the guild and comrades is the maximum of FT.

wooticus
April 03, 2011, 06:55 AM
nice chapter overall.

after we've seen the stuff natsu and jjuvia pull off everybody can be sure that erza will also show some major power buff out of nowhere probably..

well as far as for juvia.. i guess she might just give up and offer meldy to kill her so grey can be saved. that may have some impact on her and so she will join. but maybe not. we'll see.

Sollum
April 03, 2011, 07:33 AM
At first i was a bit surprised by Juvias power, but then i remembered that she was one of Four Elements.

And DOOOOOOOOH, Juvia will win without harming Gray >.> Water Prison is more than enough to solve this issue.

White Silver King
April 03, 2011, 08:20 AM
Natsu better not fight Bluenote! He's already fought and won two battles he shouldn't have. If Natsu fights Bluenote he better get his ass handed to him with no uncertainty. Bluenote should be reserved for Gildartz, some at Natsus level even putting up a fight against Bluenote I completely ridiculous.

Zeltrax
April 03, 2011, 08:23 AM
Whooa calm down, it was only just a guess.
I think its safer to say that natsu only won one fight and like how the arc always goes, he'll always end up fighting someone at the end of the arc..and all of the time with him winning.

saya1987
April 03, 2011, 08:58 AM
i doubt blue note will have a serious fight with anyone.
my prediction? he'll just frolick around, almost kill someone before leaving and then we'll move on to the next arc.

miramira
April 03, 2011, 10:36 AM
This chapter's cover's amazing. *blushes* D'aww, Juvia... ^///^

Sollum
Juvia will win without harming Gray >.> Water Prison is more than enough to solve this issue.
Yeah, that would work fine, if Juvia calms down enough she'll figure out a way. Now that Gray-sama's life is in line she'd surely try not to take much damage. No one would be pleased if Gray gets beat up without getting to fight anyone D: I wonder what will happen to him now that he can't control or even understand what's going on...
White Silver King
Natsu better not fight Bluenote! He's already fought and won two battles he shouldn't have. If Natsu fights Bluenote he better get his ass handed to him with no uncertainty. Bluenote should be reserved for Gildartz, some at Natsus level even putting up a fight against Bluenote I completely ridiculous
saya1987
i doubt blue note will have a serious fight with anyone.
my prediction? he'll just frolick around, almost kill someone before leaving and then we'll move on to the next arc.

@White Silver King better not be put against Bluenote =___= Bluenote vs Gildartz would be interesting, though I agree w/ @saya1987.. Bluenote might not fight and just serve as a teaser for the next arc...

PS:
Chapter cover's amazing^///^

PS PS:
Really!

luffyg2
April 03, 2011, 10:41 AM
Nice chapter... now all we need is to link ultear to this magic too and we are in a real dead end were no one will touch the other in fear of hurting the one they care about... anyway wonder how juvia will get out of that one

ca12nag3
April 03, 2011, 12:24 PM
Im still tossing up the possibility of time magic being used on the person itself:P and that Ultear = Ul. Sounds rediculous perhaps but why did Meredy say *Ul*?

There is just 1 thing thats a missmatch with what we see of Ul.

Ultear says to Jellal that her mother is a pitiable woman possesed by evil and dumped by her father.... Also in the same conversation Jellal sugests that Ul might have raised 2 pupils out of regret but she interupts him before talking more about it ^^
Ch46

Yet nothing indicates that shes posessed by evil :D

Im curious about a lot of this so i hope we get some answers from Ultear herself ;)

MazzinKaizer
April 03, 2011, 01:07 PM
Very decent chapter. Jubia just shot up my rankings with her recent antics. Very eager to see how she handles the soul link thingy.

After how this Arc has played out so far, the 7 kin aint looking all that again.
Their introduction was awesome but now they seem to be destined for some ass whooping especially rusty rose with his egocentric claims.

Azuma seems like a guy I would like join FT. He acknowledges their strength and is the only one that doesn't have a loose bolt or two. (P.S. Azuma fought with a depleted Mirajane, fight would have been very different otherwise).

Oh, how I miss Luxus.

MonsterEnvy
April 03, 2011, 02:12 PM
Very decent chapter. Jubia just shot up my rankings with her recent antics. Very eager to see how she handles the soul link thingy.

After how this Arc has played out so far, the 7 kin aint looking all that again.
Their introduction was awesome but now they seem to be destined for some ass whooping especially rusty rose with his egocentric claims.

Azuma seems like a guy I would like join FT. He acknowledges their strength and is the only one that doesn't have a loose bolt or two. (P.S. Azuma fought with a depleted Mirajane, fight would have been very different otherwise).

Oh, how I miss Luxus.

Actully the fight would have been more or less the same Mirajane was not any weaker when fighting Azuma but could only stay in that form for a much shorter time

the fight would have been more or less the same but Mirajane's demon form probbley would be able to tank the explosion that took her out in the fight

then the fight would have gone ether way as they were more or less even

Aikidoka
April 03, 2011, 02:50 PM
I've been seeing the same complaints for the last few chapters..."Natsu won two fights, he shouldn't even have won the first one, now he's going to fight and defeat Bluenote and Hades and it's going to suck..."

First, Natsu's been getting more and more fights as time goes on. In Tower of Heaven, he had the "warm-up" against the cat otaku and the cube guy, and then he fought (granted, lost against) Fukuro, and then finally fought Jellal. In Oracion Seis, he got Cobra and Zero, and in Edolas, he had Hughes and the King. Apart from the Laxus Arc, these last few arcs have given Natsu multiple fights, and this is no different.

Second, from what I can tell most of you are treating Natsu as if he's the "main" character. IMO it's more like Dragonball Z's Cell Arc, where Goku had all the fights but it was Gohan's story being told. Of course Mashima can't compare to Akira Toriyama, but IMO it's the same situation. Natsu gets all the fights, while Lucy gets the traditional Shounen main character's progressive power-ups; in other words they split the role of the main character between them. Natsu isn't like other Shounen protagonists (namely, Naruto and Ichigo) in that he has to struggle uphill...he's got the author fate on his side.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see Natsu's ass handed to him as much as the rest of you do (Gildartz wasn't nearly enough). But I find it's easier to stomach his obnoxiously easy winning streak when you expect Natsu to win, rather than the other way around. That way, when his inevitable (hopefully) loss happens, it'll be all the more satisfying.

Anyway, didn't intend to spend that much on Natsu, here's on-topic discussion.

My personal vote for Melody joining is a no. All the signs point to her joining FT eventually (a hint of not being satisfied with her current situation, her devotion to a villain pretty much being a ticket to being betrayed, her being only a freaking child), but the idea of Melody joining still unnerves me somewhat. I'm imagining the following scenario:

Gray: Hey, new kid! What's your name? Melody? Oh, that's nice, I'm Gray...what, you already know me?...What, you uh, wanted to kill me? Oh, you mean you were behind that weird voodoo thing where I almost died!

Other FT members: No it's fine now Gray, because Melody got betrayed!

Gray: Oh. So her getting screwed over somehow makes up for her sociopathic tendencies and open desire to murder me...yeah, I guess that makes sense.

I know this has been done to death not only in FT and other Shounen manga (Gazille, Laxus, etc.), but it still makes me a bit uncomfortable that people are expecting Melody to be welcomed into FT without having to pay back her "karma". I know I wouldn't be okay with welcoming someone into my guild when they originally (and may still) wanted to take my life.

ca12nag3
April 03, 2011, 03:26 PM
I think people draw to many parallels between Melody and juvia/gazille. However both Juvia and Gazille have their own specific background where Juvia had a rotten childhood/early teen life and Gazille is the young man getting a second chance + he repays his depts and i supose falls in love with Levy.

Melody is a largely unknown character of wich we can only speculate. Also nobody just joins ft out of nowhere. (possible but not by writing rules).
Only Juvia,Gazille and Wendy joined (and them anoying cats).

Melody will possibly not be betrayed, its possible but i dunno. Perhaps it depends on how Ultear looks upon Gray. If she wanted him dead so bad she could have done it in the moon arc? Seems like Melody went of on her solo crusade and most likely will be called back by Ultear in some fashion.

It might even turn the other way that Ultear doesnt want Melody to die and tells her to cancel the spell. Remember that she linked all 3 of m together there.
Another hint that Ultear might NOT betray her is that she asked if she was ready to fight. In a caring fashion. And she scolded her for calling her Ul. Signs of care rather then betrayel so i dont see why people say she would get betrayed.

Krono
April 03, 2011, 06:39 PM
Im still tossing up the possibility of time magic being used on the person itself:P and that Ultear = Ul. Sounds rediculous perhaps but why did Meredy say *Ul*?

Very simple. Meredy was shortening Ultear's name to Ul as a nickname. Not an uncommon thing to do, especially for younger people and those close to someone.

So it's not some indication that Ultear is actually Ur, it's just Meredy being familiar with Ultear and leaning towards childishness in personality.

ca12nag3
April 03, 2011, 08:32 PM
Very simple. Meredy was shortening Ultear's name to Ul as a nickname. Not an uncommon thing to do, especially for younger people and those close to someone.

So it's not some indication that Ultear is actually Ur, it's just Meredy being familiar with Ultear and leaning towards childishness in personality.

hmm you cant take this for childishness and then you have her devotion/dedication to killing Gray + her logic in numbering her victims. If shes so dedicated to kill Gray for his part in Uls demise then sure she would understand calling Ultear Ul wouldnt realy sit well? ^^

Im just holding the options open.

MonsterEnvy
April 03, 2011, 08:35 PM

she gets along with the other 7 kin as well Zancrow was nice to her (this is the dude that burned his own men up because they said Fairy tail was strong)

White Silver King
April 03, 2011, 09:59 PM
Ultear isn't Ur, sorry but that's just kind of stupid. Ul is a nickname (note it's Ul not Ur), one Melody has chosen to give Ultear because she is so close to her, she may be friendly with Zancrow but she's not a fanatic of him like she is with Ultear. Besides, we saw Ur turn into snow and "die" and we knew from Gray's flashback that Ur had a daughter, so I don't really see what all the debate is about.

Gray called her Ur because he thought she looks like Ur, which shouldn't be wierd seeing as how she is her daughter.

MonsterEnvy
April 04, 2011, 01:03 AM
Ultear isn't Ur, sorry but that's just kind of stupid. Ul is a nickname (note it's Ul not Ur), one Melody has chosen to give Ultear because she is so close to her, she may be friendly with Zancrow but she's not a fanatic of him like she is with Ultear. Besides, we saw Ur turn into snow and "die" and we knew from Gray's flashback that Ur had a daughter, so I don't really see what all the debate is about.

Gray called her Ur because he thought she looks like Ur, which shouldn't be wierd seeing as how she is her daughter.

Ultear being called Ul sounds like her mother's name however as L and R have the same sound in Japan

Krono
April 04, 2011, 01:10 AM

I take it you haven't been watching the anime where Ur was translated as Ul? I also rather suspect that when the US release of the manga reaches the next mention of Ur, it might be translated as Ul there as well.

saya1987
April 04, 2011, 02:27 AM
Anyway, now that erza is on the loose, I think she'll run into gray and ultear. If that happens, gray and erza will fight over ultear (assuming gray figures out ultear is ul's daughter). Erza will be desperate for revenge whereas gray wouldn't want to harm his teacher's only daughter.

ca12nag3
April 04, 2011, 09:33 AM
Erza wanting revenge? She never met Ultear face to face, neither has Jelllal mentioned her.Even Gray is oblivious to Ultear however his teacher Ul did mention a daughter she lost.

Ultear has however silenced Jellal when mentioning Uls students.

Another thing that has been going by me btw and i didnt see anyone mention it!

All the 7 kin use magic on their bodies!

Kain (doll+own hair to boost own powers)
Zoldeo (fusing with spirits)
Zancrow (engulfed his body in flames however not sure if it counts that much)
Azura (was inside the tree seems like he can blend with things?)
Melody (the link magic used on her body and that of her victims)
Rusty (creating glasses on himself not sure if this counts)

Well im just thinking that it all seems like they all do things to themselves altering themselves? Im not sure but might this be so for Ultear as well? With her timemagic?

saya1987
April 04, 2011, 10:36 AM
i know but don't you think if ultear were to fight with erza or gray, she'll purposely blurt out that she was the one who tricked leon and jellal? Without these revelations, it would be an anti-climax if ultear just fight with either of them.

Anyway, I've read something interesting in another forum. Someone mentioned that meldy can't kill gray or juvia just by commiting suicide because if she could, she wouldn't have to wait for juvia to hit her. In other words, she needs someone to inflict damage on her to kill her opponents instead of she inflicting injuries on herself.

I think this is a rather interesting theory. If this really happens, juvia could save all three of them by running away. In doing so, juvia wouldn't be able to hit meldy and neither could meldy inflict damages on anyone including herself by hitting juvia.

That is if meldy doesn't ask someone else to kill her.

ca12nag3
April 04, 2011, 10:50 AM
Hmm well its Gray who is wondering who she is since she looks like Ul, as for Ultear she knows Gray was Uls student. So thats more of a in front lying way to go. If Erza shows up it would be sideshow for her.
If Ultear were to mention she tricked both Leon and Jellal sure it would anger both. But i think its Gray who will ask the questions first.

I read back rather far and it said that Ul *lost her daughter* Leon offered to be a replacement. It doesnt say anywhere how she lost her daughter. Presumed dead? Her father kept her from her mother?
Perhaps Gray would go by his view of Ul and talk about how she would hate what Ultear is doing etc, however Ultear said to Jellal that her mother was...evil? Wonder how this will work out :D

That makes the entire ErzaxJellal with Ultear deceiving Jellal a kind of sideshow. If ever to be mentioned it will be later. Not now.

Im even thinking that its possible for the council to use Jellal to fight Zeref+Hades forces on a parrol thing (only to fight then go back to jail). Seeing as Jellal cares deeply for Erza hed do it to be of help to her. And then he'd mention Ultears deception if fighting her. That would make way more sense then tossing it up just like that by Ultear herself. So Im seriously concidering Jellal to enter in this arc as possible reinforcement. They could have brought him with that ship of theirs (the councils ship) in some sort of magical cage :D And set him lose to stop Hades forces.
What better way then use a convict to do your dirty work and if it goes bad use etherion, doesnt matter if a convict gets blown to bits does it? :D

Btw sUltear isnt that talkative to begin with.The only thing she ever revealed was part of her timemagic to Natsu and thats it :D

As for Meldy it doesnt say she cannot harm herself to end this its a nice theory, moreso cause Meldy herself says it doesnt matter who dies implying she has to fight someone else?

ZERO PHOENIX
April 04, 2011, 11:31 AM
I think this is a rather interesting theory. If this really happens, juvia could save all three of them by running away. In doing so, juvia wouldn't be able to hit meldy and neither could meldy inflict damages on anyone including herself by hitting juvia.

That's probably exactly how this will end. We've (or at least I've) seen this trick done a dozen or so times in other manga. Hell, I'm reading this title called Alive where one of the baddies was using a similar trick. Either Juvia's feelings are going to reach Meredy thus convincing her to stop her magic, or Juvia will simply need to avoid her until her magic power runs out. No matter how powerful the mage eventually they will get tired.

In other news, this has been a HAWT chapter. :)

White Silver King
April 04, 2011, 04:42 PM
Perhaps Gray would go by his view of Ul and talk about how she would hate what Ultear is doing etc, however Ultear said to Jellal that her mother was...evil? Wonder how this will work out

I have my suspicions that Hades is either her actual father or kidnapped her when she was an infant. That would explain her opinion of her mother, he probably would have lied to her about it. What really made me think about this is that Ultear said she was the eldest of the 7 Kin, but going by appearances Azuma and Rustyrose are older than her (Azuma for sure). I think they count their ages by how long they've been with Hades.

Thorvardur
April 04, 2011, 07:23 PM
Love to see how Juvia powers react to her feelings. I'ts cool though Meredy's powers are so unique! she just chain some people with her and is all like: go on! hit me it's no problem! you only hurt yourself. that's like cheating!!

White Silver King
April 04, 2011, 08:01 PM
Meredy's powers are so unique! she just chain some people with her and is all like: go on! hit me it's no problem! you only hurt yourself. that's like cheating!!
Yeah, but then she hurts herself whenever she hurts someone else. Not a great tactical advantage in my book.

swordsaintscoot
April 05, 2011, 09:18 AM
Yeah, but then she hurts herself whenever she hurts someone else. Not a great tactical advantage in my book.

However it's her magic, which she can clearly control at a whim. which means when she goes to strike you, she can remove it from herself and then reinstate the magic after damaging you.

Sollum
April 05, 2011, 04:09 PM
However it's her magic, which she can clearly control at a whim. which means when she goes to strike you, she can remove it from herself and then reinstate the magic after damaging you.

That's my friend, is a mistake, we are not supposed to use logic in Manga, for such things do not exist in that world.

I bet that "It uses so much mana, that she can't spam it" or "It's hard to perform magic, i can only do it max twice a day".

ca12nag3
April 05, 2011, 05:35 PM
I dont think under normal conditions she would use that on herself, just like you dont drink chemicals even tho you clean with it ? ^^ i mean you understand what im saying?

Its not like she could turn it on and off just before or after she takes damage on herself thats silly :D.
I just think her psycho bond with Ultear makes her do w/e she can to whipe away that wich caused her pain. In this case its Gray. She noticed that she might not be able to overpower Juvia herself so she linked herself up that way she could make it that when either gets hurt/dies gray dies too.
Its more simple then youd think but thats all there is to it ^^

Kuzumikun
April 06, 2011, 07:43 PM
awesome chapter!!! juvia iss sooo strong!
i always thought her and gajeel were s-rank mages haha
hope no one dies :C melody's magic is cool

MonsterEnvy
April 06, 2011, 07:55 PM
i know but don't you think if ultear were to fight with erza or gray, she'll purposely blurt out that she was the one who tricked leon and jellal? Without these revelations, it would be an anti-climax if ultear just fight with either of them.

Anyway, I've read something interesting in another forum. Someone mentioned that meldy can't kill gray or juvia just by commiting suicide because if she could, she wouldn't have to wait for juvia to hit her. In other words, she needs someone to inflict damage on her to kill her opponents instead of she inflicting injuries on herself.

That is if meldy doesn't ask someone else to kill her.
don't know why you think this she is not killing herself because she does not want to die the seal on herself just incase she dies she still wins

I have my suspicions that Hades is either her actual father or kidnapped her when she was an infant. That would explain her opinion of her mother, he probably would have lied to her about it. What really made me think about this is that Ultear said she was the eldest of the 7 Kin, but going by appearances Azuma and Rustyrose are older than her (Azuma for sure). I think they count their ages by how long they've been with Hades.
the 7 kin were all rasied by Hades and are adopted Brothers and sisters

That's my friend, is a mistake, we are not supposed to use logic in Manga, for such things do not exist in that world.

I bet that "It uses so much mana, that she can't spam it" or "It's hard to perform magic, i can only do it max twice a day".

actullly there is nothing to say that she is affected by her own magic infact I think the user is unaffected which means I hit you and it does not hurt me but if you hit me it hurts you
[hr]

I don't think she feels the effects of her own magic I think its just on her opponents

just1n time
April 06, 2011, 09:50 PM
I love Melody's magic and was wondering if Juvia were to suffocate Melody with her water would it knock out Juvia and Gray as well? I know they share emotions and pain, but this is one way I saw that she might be defeated.

Krono
April 06, 2011, 11:24 PM

It's likely much more simply "she can't remove and reapply it quickly enough for it to be a useful tactic in battle". A ten second lag between removing it and reapplying it would create large openings in which to attack. Even just a couple seconds as she struck would still open Meledy to being counter attacked hard enough that she had to defend herself instead of restoring the link, leading to greater openings.

MonsterEnvy
April 06, 2011, 11:39 PM
I love Melody's magic and was wondering if Juvia were to suffocate Melody with her water would it knock out Juvia and Gray as well? I know they share emotions and pain, but this is one way I saw that she might be defeated.
yes it would knock her and gray out too but not kill them

It's likely much more simply "she can't remove and reapply it quickly enough for it to be a useful tactic in battle". A ten second lag between removing it and reapplying it would create large openings in which to attack. Even just a couple seconds as she struck would still open Meledy to being counter attacked hard enough that she had to defend herself instead of restoring the link, leading to greater openings.

or like I said it may not affect her at all and only her opponent

saya1987
April 07, 2011, 02:08 AM
monsterenvy,

I think you misread my points. Anyway, one of your points was the point I was made.

Just to sidetrack a bit, Natsu and wendy have been saying that something is affecting their sense of smell. I was wondering whether this has anything to do with blue note's statement "near the devil's mouth". Apart from the battles, I believe FT island is more than what it seems. Doesn't it make you wonder why zeref, of all places pick FT island as his hiding place? It could be an coincidence but with blue note's statement, it seems like FT island contains lots of secrets.

Immo
April 07, 2011, 07:06 AM
There are few posibilities.

Don't forget that Meredy can "link" 2 ppl, if one of them feel something toward another. If Luvia somehow give up her love to Grey, her and Grey's connection will be lost. But will it end the problem? Not. Because the main problem is connection between Grey and Meredy. Luvia has to make Meredy stop hating Grey, and their connection will be lost. OR make Meredy hate her more then Grey, so she will give up on Grey and make Luvia her primamry target and first one to kill. I bet we get the answer in 1-2 chapters. I think both Meredy and Ultear can still turn good.