PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 337 Discussion [Naruto]

Pages : [1] 2

Gold Knight
December 20, 2006, 08:55 AM
Get all your 336 goodies here! (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12283.0)

So, apparently Hidan has just been out-witted by Shikamaru - naturally. But doesn't look as though they're out of the woods yet - both figuratively and literally!

Kakuzu may be feeling the after-effects of Hidan's voodoo jutsu right now, but he's still got his tendrils firmly wrapped around Kakashi - who's to say he couldn't just take his heart right there and then? Or perhaps one of his own creatures will rush to his aid, or maybe he can still live even with a punctured heart. In any case, the battle is still far from over. What's their next move?

Predict away here!

laughing@you
December 20, 2006, 08:57 AM
Shikamaru rocks

woot 2nd post

Hope shikamaru doesn't die!! :s

razor
December 20, 2006, 09:17 AM
Prediction for the RAW
1.Kakuzu will noticed that experiences is not everything in determine winning or not so,kakashi will do something or maybe Ino take part too.
2.Shikamaru will do something.
3.I will update my prediction later.lol

Torofoo
December 20, 2006, 09:18 AM
My prediction: Hidan will figure out what happens, and will stop hurting himself...
And that's where Ino will be able to force Hidan to kill Kakuzu !

The main question is: since Hidan feels pleasure when he suffers damage, do you think Ino will ... have an orgasm ?
Where's the exit ? .... :p

Another thing: what is the purpose of all the tags on the ropes ???
Making light (as with the girl from the sound four), to help shikamaru to extend his shadow ?

Rokudaime Hokage
December 20, 2006, 09:57 AM
next time Shikamaru will force Hidan to stab himself 2 more times with kagemane, witch after he won't have anymore chakra. Kakuzu will still have one more heart. Hidan is going to almost kill Shika and Kakuzu is going to almost kill the other three... but then tadaaaa reinforcements arrive.

Absolutio
December 20, 2006, 10:01 AM
This "attack" of Shika, with all the ropes and tags on them. If I'm not mistaken, we saw it at the Naruto 2nd movie.

As I thought, the capsule was for kakuzu's blood, though it could've been interesting if they made Hidan drink his own blood..

Next chapter prediction: Kakuzu now has 3 hearts left. Choji+Kakashi(+Ino) take another heart.
Shika gonna show a new move against Hidan (or maybe just a really cool improvized move) and Hidan realises that his voodo is connected to Kakuzu, then shikamaru attacks Hidan, and thus inflicts damage on Kakuzu. :P

laughing@you
December 20, 2006, 10:06 AM
Those are explosives tags. Shikamaru will blow himself and Hidan up!!

But I fail to see how this will kill hidan!

kyubisharingan
December 20, 2006, 10:12 AM
Aww man...hmmm.....ok okFINALLY we see naruto's jutsu and he is on his way as reinforcements with Sai and team 8

saeid1984
December 20, 2006, 10:13 AM
my first post ever :p

well ... since hidan and kakuzu are now linked all damage inflicted on hidan will be done to kakuzu. So i think shika is just gonna jump out of the area will all the exploding tags and set them off.

and then ...................... BOOM

hidan blows up which will result in kakuzu being turned into chuncks of body parts.

gogo shika :smile-big

Koen
December 20, 2006, 10:14 AM
I think, one of those monsters is going to re-join kakuzu giving him a new heart. Or will kakuzu be able to live on till those other things dies. That is pure speculation. Maybe it is indeed now the time for chouji and ino to jump in helping kakashi. But what about shika? He is a prey for hidan...

Egoboo
December 20, 2006, 10:16 AM

Well Hidan is moving out of his circle it seems....and therefore his jutsu isn´t working right now. Kakuzu wouldn´t be harmed by the explosion...but Hidan´s body should in theory end up in pieces. Which would make him a very frightening talking head and nothing more. However, i don´t think that will happen....it´s just too "un-shikamaruish" to simply blow up the bad guy.
Prediction:
Just like Absulutio said; Shika will attack Hidan and damage Kakuzu, giving said poor bastard no chance to defend himself due to the distance between them.
And i would like to see Ino and Choji do some damage, too. They haven´t been that useful until now and it would be kinda lame to have only Shika shine in this battle (after all, he DID already shine a lot in Part 1 while Ino didn´t do anything at all >.<). I would like to see the Akatsuki pair finished by InoShikaCho, thus demonstrating that Kakuzu´s remark concerning the important role of experience for the outcome of a battle was wrong.

neomaster121
December 20, 2006, 10:23 AM
I think shika has a plan. ALl those rops and tags cast shadows and too me im thinking its Shikamaru's net to trap Hidan. Also if u see hidan hasn't noticed that he's hurt his partner instead of shikamaru i think that was shikamaru's planed this and thats why he ran away from the battle. So im think the next chapter will be the end of either hidan of his partner. Im guessing hidan because i think that naruto will come with his new jutsu and what is better than to use it on a ninja who has more than one element one of witch is fire. So thats my prediction.

gujujai
December 20, 2006, 10:30 AM
I think Shikamaru was just acting not being able to do the shadow jutsu, just so Hidan will perform his ceremony.

But now that Hindan is already started and is linked to Kakuzu he will bind hidan again with his shadow jutsu and make him stab him self a couple more times.

And then Shikamaru will use the exploding tags and try to blow Hidan up, and this will even cause Kakuzu's body to blow up about the same time when he is trying to take the heart from Kakashi.

And Kakashi and team ten will find a way to take care of the rest of the mask monster's.

But since Hindan is immortal he wont die, but this time there is no Kakusu to patch him back up.

And then they will take Hidan( or wats left of him) back to Kanoha to intoraget him, or to find a way and kill him.

Wat do u guys think about this theory ?

Yondaime_101
December 20, 2006, 10:40 AM
A reminder: kakuzu fought THE FIRST HOKAGE and apparently came out alive! We all know how powerful The First was and some of his Jutsus were evident when he was summoned by ORo to fight the Third. Shikamaru's shadow Jutsus + Genius mind still does not bring him to The First Hokage's level. I will be really surprised if this spells the end of kakuzu.

I still believe there is more to come from Kakuzu (His berserk mode when in a tight situation).

gujujai
December 20, 2006, 10:52 AM
O.K Kakuzu said that the first Kanoha shinobi he fought was the First HOKAGE , but he never said that when he fought him he had the title of a KOKAGE at that time.

May be when Kakuzu fought the First he was just a shinobi, and not a HOKAGE yet.

Which mean that Kakuzu did fight a strong shinobi but not the one at a HOKAGE level.

I am not saying that this is ture but it can be just a possibility.

Metris
December 20, 2006, 11:08 AM
Me thinks Shikamaru will summon up a shadow robe and start flying (superman style) and the shadow robe makes him liek totally powerful, so he can pwn Hidans butt.

(ok, that was me joking... The real prediction has to be that Shikamaru somehow menages to split Hidans head in half, thus killing him)

~Moi

Yondaime_101
December 20, 2006, 11:09 AM
Even if he wasn't hokage yet.. I don't think kakuzu is the kind of guy who will gloat about fighting a weakling! If the first wasn't all that strong before he became Hokage, then kakuzu would have chosen another stronger shinobi as a reference.

CopyNinjaKakashi
December 20, 2006, 11:11 AM
I think the next chapter may explain how Shikamaru got Kakuzu's blood onto Hidan's scythe, even though it looked like Hidan cut Shikamaru. Other than that, the battle will continue, and Chouji and Ino may actually do something (or so we all hope).

Severely Senile
December 20, 2006, 11:20 AM
About the strings of exploding tags: I think it was to prevent Hidan from running back to their previous battle ground.

Prediction: Shikamaru decapitates Hidan, get himself and Hidan's head away from the tags before blowing it all to hell along with Hidan's body. In effect, Kakuzu will also got decapitated and blown to bits and pieces.

Okay, that was actually what I want to happen and not an actual prediction. But what the hey.

gujujai
December 20, 2006, 11:21 AM
Even if he wasn't hokage yet.. I don't think kakuzu is the kind of guy who will gloat about fighting a weakling! If the first wasn't all that strong before he became Hokage, then kakuzu would have chosen another stronger shinobi as a reference.

well he is fighting the shinobi's form Kanoha, so he gave a example of a stong Kanoha shinobi.
And I never said FIRST was weak when he fought Kakuzu, just not as strong as a HOKAGE level.

And may be he wanted to let them know that they r way out of their league fighting him.

And may be when he fought the First he was about the same level as Kakashi.

As we already know that kakashi not just reagular shinobi, he is considered one of the most powerful in Kanoha. And that he can hold his own against stronger opponents.

And during his fight Kakashi had his hand on his face mask, may be he has a secret trick or move in store for us.

Severely Senile
December 20, 2006, 11:31 AM
And during his fight Kakashi had his hand on his face mask, may be he has a secret trick or move in store for us.

When Kakashi had his hand on his mask he was thinking about countering the Katon-Fuuton combo jutsu with a Suiton jutsu. However, Kakuzu's threads caught him before he managed to do it.

Lazymonkeygod
December 20, 2006, 12:01 PM
My Prediction of 337:

- Hidan walks away from Shika.
- Kakuzu is now hurt, because his real heart was hit. I say REAL because all the other hearts of those ghost came out of him already to attack the others, so only his real heart is left in him. He had 5 stock hearts plus his own true heart. You don't have to kill all the other hearts to kill Kakuzu, it turns out you only have to kill his own true heart.
- Kakuzu kneels there in pain while Kakashi is still on the ground.
- The vein things that are holding down Kakashi finally receeds and Kakashi is freed.
- Kakashi now builds up a Chidori and finishes of Kakuzu and now all the ghost puppets fall to the ground and dies.
- Hidan walks all the back to the battle ground only to notice that Kakuzu is dead.
- He says "WTF? How did you guys defeat him?" Kakashi answers "You killed him"
- Hidan says "what are you talking about?" Shika shows up behind Hidan and reveals his trick.
- Hidan is now pissed but can't move AGAIN!!! because Shika got him in Shadow Jutsu again, but this time Shika doesn't have to hold him long because Ino walks up and takes over his body. As Shika mentioned this is the purpose of Ino's jutsu, a reinforcement jutsu only to be done to back them up.
- Hidan is now a prisoner.
- Back to Naruto training now...
- xxx Taichou ( I forgot his name) stares at Naruto and is amazed.
- Naruto has finished his Jutsu and looks like he reached Super Saiyan level 2.
- Chapter ends.

4ghost
December 20, 2006, 12:03 PM
When Kakashi had his hand on his mask he was thinking about countering the Katon-Fuuton combo jutsu with a Suiton jutsu. However, Kakuzu's threads caught him before he managed to do it.

I think Kakashi had just finished using a Suiton jutsu there to slow down Kakuzu'z Katon. Because the Katon and Fuuton were used together the Suiton couldn't completely stop the attack.

Severely Senile
December 20, 2006, 12:29 PM
Oops, sorry :p

In any case, that proved the point that the 'hand on his mask' thing had nothing to do with a trick up Kakashi's sleeve. Not that he doesn't have one, mind you.

ITACHIWIFE
December 20, 2006, 12:32 PM
i hope kakuzu and hidan die next chapter i want to know what everyone else is up to. :amuse

NRZero
December 20, 2006, 02:38 PM
I would like for this fight to be finished soon. I find it interesting every time that Shikamaru fights but in the fights against Akatsuki people, the fights tend to drag on too long. Even though one of Kakuzu's hearts has been stabbed he still has more left. In this chapter I want to see the extent of Shikamaru's power. He should use his Shadow String jutsu to bind Hidan down like before. This time however have Kakashi gave him a Rakiri stab through the head. This would put an end to both of these two. Theres no way Hidan could function after getting stabbed through the head.

Koen
December 20, 2006, 02:46 PM
hmmm, a question: while hidan performed his jutsu, kakuzu git his wires in kakashi his body. Maybe by that kakuzu can hold on a bit surviving while another mask re-join him. Or am I wrong?

Gear2fu
December 20, 2006, 02:58 PM
A lot of you forget that Shikamaru cant kill people when the person is in a shadow possession jutsu

because it will effect him too

also i hope naruto shows up soon

Donils
December 20, 2006, 03:01 PM
A lot of you forget that Shikamaru cant kill people when the person is in a shadow possession jutsu

because it will effect him too

also i hope naruto shows up soon

No it doesn't. Where on earth did you get that idea? :s

CopyNinjaKakashi
December 20, 2006, 03:09 PM
I think he got it from when Shika and Naruto were in the hospital, and Gaara was attacking Rock Lee. Shika shadow-bound Gaara, and Naruto hit Gaara and it hurt Shikamaru as well.

darkstar7
December 20, 2006, 03:11 PM
i think naruto hitting gaara made gaara's head jerk back, and so that MOVEMENT was what affected shikamaru

back to predictions though, i don't think either akatsuki member are really done yet

as somebody else already said - kakuzu will take one of his monsters back into his body

as for hidan, i think shika might use his kage nui, stab hidan all over the place (affecting kakuzu as well)

this also has the extra benefit of anchoring hidan to where he currently stands --- in that circle where the damage transfers.

CopyNinjaKakashi
December 20, 2006, 03:13 PM
The little blurb at the end: "Shikamaru's ability" intrigues me. I am sure he has something planned to incapacitate Hidan somehow.

dfcarolinaguy
December 20, 2006, 03:27 PM
wow that was amazing chapter, i like how shika had his evil look at the end hehe, anyways my prediction is that kakuzu is injured and kishi going to explain how the vial got into hidan body and stuff, and naruto will show up this time lol

laughing@you
December 20, 2006, 03:30 PM
My prediction is that now that kakuzu is injured. Of couse is not like he doesn't have other hearts to use, but use this distraction so kakashi and chouji go on the offensive!!

Lets see another jiraiya special I mean spiky meat roll attack!!

Severely Senile
December 20, 2006, 03:48 PM
Shikamaru can kill people with two of his shadow jutsus, kagekubishibari and kagenui.

Somehow I want to predict that Shikamaru will use that sword on his lower back. I mean, Kishimoto has a habit of forgeting costume details but in this last chapter he never forget to show it. I dunno. Just a feeling that I get.

godofthesunn
December 20, 2006, 04:18 PM
My Prediction of 337:

- Kakuzu is now hurt, because his real heart was hit. I say REAL because all the other hearts of those ghost came out of him already to attack the others, so only his real heart is left in him. He had 5 stock hearts plus his own true heart. You don't have to kill all the other hearts to kill Kakuzu, it turns out you only have to kill his own true heart.
- The vein things that are holding down Kakashi finally receeds and Kakashi is freed.
- Kakashi now builds up a Chidori and finishes of Kakuzu and now all the ghost puppets fall to the ground and dies.
- Hidan walks all the back to the battle ground only to notice that Kakuzu is dead.
- He says "WTF? How did you guys defeat him?" Kakashi answers "You killed him"
- Hidan says "what are you talking about?" Shika shows up behind Hidan and reveals his trick.
- Hidan is now pissed but can't move AGAIN!!! because Shika got him in Shadow Jutsu again, but this time Shika doesn't have to hold him long because Ino walks up and takes over his body. As Shika mentioned this is the purpose of Ino's jutsu, a reinforcement jutsu only to be done to back them up.
- Hidan is now a prisoner.
- Chapter ends.

Well since you almost predicted the last chapter right, I will have to use your predictions to make my own. I do think that now they killed kazaku's real heart that they shouldnt have to take care of the others since they arent in his body presently, They will still kill them. I dont know how the exploding tags and escaping for shikamaru will work or what shikamaru plans to do now that he's still alive.

One thing to me isn't correct in the last chapter, "Where did kakshi summon water from???" A underground source or something, Realistically he shouldn't be able to do that. Kishimoto made another loop hole if he did though.

The super sayian 2 thing is rather lame...

More or less I predict the immediate downfall of kazaku within 2 chapters. Hopefully hidan will die with conjunction to one of the ghosts. I really don't want any akutsuki members surviving this battle

Cbot
December 20, 2006, 04:30 PM
Predicting the chapters are useless.With this recent chapters,anything can happen now,absolutly anything!!!!!

Severely Senile
December 20, 2006, 04:41 PM
One thing to me isn't correct in the last chapter, "Where did kakshi summon water from???" A underground source or something, Realistically he shouldn't be able to do that. Kishimoto made another loop hole if he did though.

See the big panel where Kakashi flew and there was a big explosion with big kanjis pronouncing Suiton Suijinheki? Take a very close look at the itsy, bitsy Kakashi on the left. He pulled his mask down to blow it out of his mouth.

Lazymonkeygod
December 20, 2006, 05:10 PM
Well since you almost predicted the last chapter right, I will have to use your predictions to make my own. I do think that now they killed kazaku's real heart that they shouldnt have to take care of the others since they arent in his body presently, They will still kill them. I dont know how the exploding tags and escaping for shikamaru will work or what shikamaru plans to do now that he's still alive.

The super sayian 2 thing is rather lame...

More or less I predict the immediate downfall of kazaku within 2 chapters. Hopefully hidan will die with conjunction to one of the ghosts. I really don't want any akutsuki members surviving this battle

Hmm...I think I forgot to cover the exploding tags around Hidan. I guess I need to correct my prediction. According to the history of battles from Naruto it's almost always the case that:

Good guy wins -> Bad guy shows secret technique and owns -> Good guy thought of something and slightly comes back -> Bad guy is impressed, own the good guys again and gets cocky -> Good guy catches bad guy off guard and Wins the battle. -> end of battle.

This only applies to battles where good guy actually won.

So here's how that reflects what has happened so far:

Asuma + Shika catches Hidan and Kakuzu in shadow bind cuts off Hidan's head(Good guy wins) -> Hidan kills Asuma with secret technique -> Shika comes back with Kakashi and catches Hidan and Kakuzu again and Kakashi strikes Kakuzu in the heart with first chidori -> Hidan and Kakuzu is impressed then beats Kakashi to a pulp again Hidan gets cocky and looks down at Shika -> Shika comes back tricking Hidan with Kakuzu's blood and in the end this led to the death of Kakuzu -> end of battle

So according to the trend that all battle has shown, this will be the end of Kakuzu and Hidan because they no longer have any secret jutsus to show. At least from what I can see.

Now for my corrected prediction:

My Prediction of 337:

- Kakuzu still manages to stay strong for a bit although Kakashi got away
- Back to Hidan walking away from Shika
- Shika calls out to Hidan saying "we're not done yet"
- Hidan looks back all surprised
- Shika tells Hidan he just killed Kakuzu
- Shika jumps out of explosive trap and detonates it (This all happened very fast)
- Hidan's body explodes and so does Kakuzu's body because they are still bound.
- Chapter ends.

I want to stick to my prediction long time ago that Naruto will show up just because Diedara mentioned him to those 2, but I guess that's not gonna happen now.

godofthesunn
December 20, 2006, 05:31 PM
See the big panel where Kakashi flew and there was a big explosion with big kanjis pronouncing Suiton Suijinheki? Take a very close look at the itsy, bitsy Kakashi on the left. He pulled his mask down to blow it out of his mouth.

Good job there, I don't recgognize small things like that, I just get so excited that i miss a few things sometimes.

I am alittle stunned that he used a suiton technique like that though. Mostly because he always has that mask on, but I suppose its possible if people can use doton, and katon techniques out of their mouths.

I dont think they will go back to yamato and naruto's training just yet. While it would be cool for naruto to come out of nowhere and hit hidan with a kazengan. Most likely it wont happen.

Shioku
December 20, 2006, 05:55 PM
My prediction is we will finally find out what Asuma said to Shika when he died. Cause we all know it's tied to Hidans death. I seriously doubt that Hidan will find out that it was Kakuzu's blood because they aren't anywhere near them. So yea im sure either Hidan or Kakuzu is going to die in the comming chapters.

NastyM
December 20, 2006, 06:02 PM
OMG, kakuzu kind of scares me. He is older than Orochimaru and has lots of experience.

Don´t know if it has been said before but the page where Kakuzu takes the heart of a shinobi, its not the first hokage. The foreheadprotector is not konoha, looks more like sand. So, there is no confirmation that kakuzu killed a hokage. But maby he has power to do it, who knows.

But he was in battle with the first hokage and got away. Kakashi is in over his head with Kakuzu, he needs to rely on the teamwork to win this one.

kakuzus second heart is destroyed, I suspect Kakuzu to be getting a little worried now.

Amano
December 20, 2006, 06:32 PM
woo that was a really good chapter ... I do actually hope that kakuzu is finally dead but he is not then I think it would be about time for ino to use her body switching jutsu. Perhaps she can kind of suicide i.e. leave only one heart alive which is hold by kakashi and switch back the moment before kakshi destroys the last one ... alternatively, i could imagine shikamaru to capture hidan with his shadow jutsu now and just make him slaughter himself (to make sure that he gets all of kakuzu hearts. Hidan would, after the shadowbind is over, be so injured that he couldnt move anymore and team 10 take him back to konoha for questioning (or the head) .. alternatively, and much cooler, kakashi shows up, sasy something like "good job" to shikamaru, looks at hidan and tests how immortal he really is sending his head with sharingan into another dimension.

in anyway its gonna be a fun chapter

xerohour
December 20, 2006, 06:40 PM
Heres my prediction. Shika is a martyr.

I doubt he "suddenly moved so fast it looked like he got hit". He said he would take "that role", hence death. Why would kakuzu then be harmed?
The answer is somewhat simple. Shika could have consumed kakuzu's blood. I get the impression before shika dies he will shadow strangle on hold hidan (and effectively kakuzu) and before he runs out of chakra, he will force hidan to use his "self sacrafice" second part of the technique. where he stabs himelf on the ground and returns to normal. That is where hidan is vulnerable to dying.

Then again, its just a prediction!

sloc
December 20, 2006, 07:32 PM
"The first move is always a feint"

The last page looks like shika's got the vial in his hand, with a tube going into his body. Looks like Shika got Kakazu's blood feeding to his face through a tube. And seems like he'd predicted that Hidan will draw blood from his face like he did to Asuma.

Hidan hasn't transformed back so Kakazu can still feel the pain. Hidan should probably be wondering why he hasn't transformed back, as his opponent appears dead. After realizing Shika is alive he might just stab himself several times more in other places, which would take out the rest of Kakazu's hearts.

Don't know about Shougi, but with Chess:
The pawn(Asuma) can only move forward, and capture pieces diagonally in front of it. Can sacrifice itself to rescue/save a queen, bishop, knight, rook.
The Rook(Hidan) acts very straightforward, the easiest to predict its path, yet very quick and effective.
The Bishop(Kakazu) moves diagonally, and can only lie on white or black squares, harder to manuver and predict.
The Knight(Shikamaru) moves in an L, can jump over pieces, requires much more strategy, always takes an indirect path towards a target.

kyubisharingan
December 20, 2006, 07:42 PM

i dont think the tags r real. Im sure they would have blown up already by now. Shika just tried to scare Hidan lol. hmm...maybe, Hidan sees that Shika isnt dead, thus making hidan stab himself mutiple times. While Kakuzu is in pain, It is finally time that Ino and Chouji work their magic

Raseru
December 20, 2006, 08:04 PM
YAY! We're getting some colour pages next chapter! And we'll also get to see the extent of Shika's abilities.

leingood
December 20, 2006, 08:15 PM
i think kakuzu will be killed next chapter by hiden, kakshi and chouji

aznhotbod
December 20, 2006, 08:23 PM
maybe people should just accept that now Kakashi is the #$%$ bomb. No doubt after Jiraiya told him about AK and their possible motives, he was training crazy during time skip as well; mastering MS and got much stronger.

It would be cool if that KKshi was a kagebunshi (like what Itachi does) and just when Kakuza was weak, the real one pops out and does the finishing blow.

People seem to underestimate KKshi becasue he lost to Itachi, who has a kickass MS skill that no one even knows before; Itachi is also a genius type ninja who became captain of the Anbu at 13?? (even earlier than KKshi?) KKshi is still definitely strong even if he's weaker than Itachi.

Askia
December 20, 2006, 08:31 PM
I think that its pretty obvious to say that Kakuzu was unable to defeat the first. Lets just leave that alone. Someone said that Shikamaru was faking, and I agree 100%. Kakuzu has a total of five hearts. One was killed by Kakashi. Three are outside his body, and at least one has to remain inside his body at all times. Another was destroyed thanks to Shikamaru's wits, and that means that one has to return to his body. This will make it alot easier for Kakashi to fight him. Since Hidan slashed himself, Shikamaru now has Hidan's blood as well(Shikamaru holding the syringe at the end of the chapter). Don't forget that Shikamaru probably has more passion for killing Hidan than Kakuzu because Hidan killed Asuma. The question is, what do you think Shikamaru will do with Hidan's blood? I think that Kakashi and company will destroy all the hearts except for one. Then Kakuzu will show his berserker mode, and things will get very interesting than. I don't beleive Naruto will use his new ultimate jutsu(Do you really think Kishimoto will reveal an ultimate jutsu so soon, or is it that you just want him to?). I do think that Naruto will suprise everybody by using the 4ths flash jutsu since it is probably a wind based technique. I may be completely wrong, but this is a prediction thread, right?

sahugani
December 20, 2006, 09:03 PM
shikamaru didn't take hidan's blood. the shot of the capsule was that of kakuzu's blood with a tube into shikamaru so that hidan could see himself cutting shikamaru when he took kakuzu's blood. as for predictions, i think we'll see ino and chouji at minimum defending themselves from kakuzu's ghosts or at maximum pulling out new techniques to drive them back but not kill them. meanwhile, shikamaru will do a bit of acting by possibly stating that he developed a defense againt the technique, but hidan will realize the error by the end. at the end of this coming chapter or the next one we may see team 7

simonusuke
December 20, 2006, 09:38 PM
I dont think he killed the Shodai Hokage just fought him.
The panel with the Shinobi hes pulling the heart of looks like hes wearing a Sand Ninja head protector.
Kish is definitley the man.
Its cool how he shows the Lighter and the Cigarette box fall out of Shikamaru's pouch.
I hope Shikimaru finishes of Hidan with his shadow needle thingy or Shadow choke.
Gets up and tells Hidan what his plan was from the begining making Hidan look like an idiot, then lights a up the last cigarette in honour of Asuma.

godofthesunn
December 20, 2006, 10:03 PM
I looked over chapter 336 about 20 time looking for details and I've run into a problem.

I personally want to believe that shikamau faked hidan and sustained no damage at all. However it looks like he's hurt. The problem I cant figure out is how did shikimaru fakingly give him kazaku's blood.

Did he insert the blood into his system? Did he shoot it out of the vial at the exact moment of being cut? Is he David Blaine and can just do magicaly put blood on objects and such?

I'm guessing that he just inserted it into his body, but how would the blood transfer around his entire circulatory system fast enough for it to be kazaku's blood when attacked. If anyone knows what happened there then please shed light on it.

I hopefully predict that shikamaru doesn't die, and that kazaku will die. Also kakashi should get free and kill the other 3 hearts to ensure kazaku's immediate death.

sahugani
December 20, 2006, 10:20 PM
i think it was a fake vein from his hand up to his cheek cause of the tube into kakuzu's blood seen on the last page.

Severely Senile
December 20, 2006, 10:40 PM

I don't think Hidan will die at all. Either by blowing himself along or by decapitating Hidan before blowing the body from a save distance, Shikamaru wins. Maybe that was his plan from the beginning: Take a living, breathing head to Konoha to interrogate. In any case, as it turned out, the real problem here is Kakuzu (that's why Shikamaru said he won't mess up the order this tima).

Ah well, the battle is not over yet, and I'm still waiting for Ino's moment.

Toad Sage
December 20, 2006, 10:42 PM
I think the next chapter is going to be as easy to predict as this last one was (i.e. turning Hidan upon Kakuzu). Hidan is a moron, and is also removed from Kakuzu, so he will not immediately graps that he is attacking Kakuzu. Now that Shikamaru's ruse was successful, I think the meaning of Shikamaru's fixed glare is that he's going to reactivate kagemane and take control of Hidan now that he's cursed Kakuzu. Even with a maximum of five minutes, he'll be able to damage Kakuzu enough to take him out of the picture. Typically the most obvious prediction with Naruto is the correct one, and I think this is it.

I also think it is painfully clear what Kishimoto is foreshadowing with Kakuzu's "nah, no one is really immortal" remark. That is to say, Hidan is most definitely going to die.

sahugani
December 20, 2006, 10:45 PM
im pretty sure that hidan wont be beheaded again. shikamaru must have found some way to restore hidan's mortality someway. the tags were there to lay out a specific path for hidan to strike the fake vein in shikamaru's cheek with kakuzu's blood.

Askia
December 20, 2006, 11:04 PM
I think Hidan will mot defineltly die within the next two chapters. Wverything has been building up to it. The reason why you never see Hidan do any jutsu's is probably because he gave that up for an imitation immortality. Prpbably one of the requierments. Someone said that Kakuzu saying there is no immortality was a forshadow for Hidan dying. I agree 100%. Shikamaru has already figured out how Hidan isn't immortal. He figured that out before he left the village, or he would have never put Choji and Ino's lives in jeopardy. Shikamaru is simply baiting Hidan through all of his traps, and in within the next two chapters, it will be check mate for Hidan. If you don't agree, think about it. Kakuzu is the brains, Hidan is in idiot. Now the idiot is by himself with a genious. Last chaper Kakuzu(Hidans partner, the goes everywhere with him, and sees his exploits, who has been living since the first hokage, and maybe before that, who has unlimited battle experience) said that there is no immortality. Put two and two together. The real battle will begin when Hidan is dead, and Kakuzu is down to his last heart, and he enters beserk mode. By this time, back up will finally arive, but im not to sure it will be Naruto. I'm really sliding towards Kurenai and her team. Once again, a simple prediction.

sahugani
December 20, 2006, 11:12 PM
well i think its opposite. i think hidan will face a serious reality check before he dies. eventually he will go back to kakuzu and witness the death of his partner (i think by kazengan) and he will actually be afraid. shikamaru will take this opportunity to take out hidan.

dfcarolinaguy
December 20, 2006, 11:44 PM
I can tell you when shika gave hidan kakuzu blood, it was when shika and hidan both clashed at the tree and when shika punch hidan that when he transfered the blood over

Askia
December 20, 2006, 11:44 PM
This makes me change my mind a liitle bit. I think before Shikamaru kills Hidan, Hidan will see that he was killing his partner, and face reality and than shikamaru kills Hidan. But then after that I see Kakuzu going into beserk mode, and thats when the reinforcements will arrive, and kill Kakuzu. The way things are going, Hidan is going to be dead. The most harsh reality for him to face is Shikamaru finding a way to kill him. I wouldn't be surprised if Kakuzu did something to speed up the process of Hidan dying. The stage is set for Kakashi to shine. After the training when Sakura and Naruto get the bells from Kakashi in chapter 247 page 2, Kakashi mentions that he developed in amazing new jutsu, and I don't think he was talking about MS. I don't know if he will use it in this fight, but I do know Kakashi will show why his name is known in all the villages, especially since Hidan is crippling Kakuzu.

Why do you think Hidan looked so nervous at the end of the chapter?

dfcarolinaguy
December 20, 2006, 11:56 PM
I am wondering what was asuma going to tell Kakashi since asuma is dead now lol, will that question ever be answered[br]Posted on: December 20, 2006, 11:54:54 PM_________________________________________________umm i bet the king going to get mention in this next chapter because the atasuki is going to wonder why all these ninjas are going after them now

Askia
December 21, 2006, 12:00 AM
He was probably going to tell Kakashi that he is either going to purpose to Kurenai, or Kurenai is pregnant(that is why the last couple of times you saw her, she was not in her ninja uniform).

bloodrage
December 21, 2006, 12:09 AM
i guesss this measns another one of kakuzs hearts is gone so he has three left right ?? and i don't thing hindan realises what he has done yet, i think he will see shikamnaru get up and stab himself again. take out another twoo heartsbefore he realizes what happens .

Toad Sage
December 21, 2006, 12:44 AM
I seriously doubt that Naruto's Kazengan is going to be the thing that ends Kakuzu's life. For instance, Shikamaru is in the process of killing him right now (cf. chapter 336). I think it is fairly clear with that in mind that Shikamaru is going to be the cause of Kakuzu's death.

I am inclined to say that Kakuzu is actually already dead. The injury Hidan inflicted on Kakuzu struck at his true heart, so unless Kakuzu is able to recall the ghosts from without his body with such an injury, it is very possible we have just seen the end of Kakuzu. In which case, that means the fight shall focus on Hidan; after all, he is the Akatsuki that slew Asuma, so the emotion in this fight should concentrate on avenging Asuma.

emanresu
December 21, 2006, 02:26 AM
i guess theres still trick in killing kakuzu. hes not beaten. i belive kakashi will be stabbed in the next chapter but heart aint ripped yet. ino n cho 'll play the game now

morty seinfeld
December 21, 2006, 03:19 AM
I'm still holding to my prediction I made in the chapter 335 Prediction thread since everything seems to be going the way I predicted it would then. In the next chapter Kakuzu is going to understand that he is taking attacks from Hidan and very soon afterwards Hidan is going to realize what is going on. When he realizes that his attacks are impacting Kakuzu it will be too late and Ino will have him swapped, while Shika has him shadow binded. In the following chapter afterwards Chouji and Kakashi will divulge their plan of attack on Kakuzu and eliminate a few more ghosts.

One thing I think would be cool (I expect this will happen eventually) is Shikamaru never really has a problem tricking his enemy into becoming shadow binded. He does however always have a problem with being able to hold his enemy there due to the huge chakra drain it puts on him. Since he got the shadow/chakra blade from Asuma, I predict that he will eventually be able to sap chakra from enemies that he has trapped in his kage mane to further extend what he is able to do with it. (Kind of off topic prediction here somewhat).

husnimubarak
December 21, 2006, 03:53 AM
i guesss this measns another one of kakuzs hearts is gone so he has three left right ?? and i don't thing hindan realises what he has done yet, i think he will see shikamnaru get up and stab himself again. take out another twoo heartsbefore he realizes what happens .

stabbing..??? :smile-big
how about cutt hidan's head off??? or.. cut his leg off???

hm..???

sahugani
December 21, 2006, 04:14 AM
i think that hidan unintentionally killing kakuzu is way too simple. yes kakuzu will be severely injured, leaving an opening for kakashi, ino, and chouji, but it wont be hidan that kills him.

Severely Senile
December 21, 2006, 04:22 AM
i think that hidan unintentionally killing kakuzu is way too simple. yes kakuzu will be severely injured, leaving an opening for kakashi, ino, and chouji, but it wont be hidan that kills him.

I completely agree. We have yet to see Ino and Chouji make any impact in this battle. I mean, Shikamaru can't be the ONLY one who've progressed that far these past 2.5 years, right?

aznhotbod
December 21, 2006, 04:30 AM
im sure chouji has become totemo debu desu... i dont know. Ino seems rather useless so far. Im surpriese she hasnt learned any major combatant skills yet.

Severely Senile
December 21, 2006, 04:43 AM
That's the point. We don't know if Chouji and/or Ino hadn't learned any major combatant skills. If until the end of this battle it turned out that was true, well, that's just lame.

sahugani
December 21, 2006, 04:54 AM
kakashi has been using sharingan and raikiri so much so far he's gonna need a bit of time to recover, giving chouji and ino a chance to shine until either kakashi recovers or naruto arrives

morty seinfeld
December 21, 2006, 04:57 AM
I seriously doubt that Naruto's Kazengan is going to be the thing that ends Kakuzu's life. For instance, Shikamaru is in the process of killing him right now (cf. chapter 336). I think it is fairly clear with that in mind that Shikamaru is going to be the cause of Kakuzu's death.

I am inclined to say that Kakuzu is actually already dead. The injury Hidan inflicted on Kakuzu struck at his true heart, so unless Kakuzu is able to recall the ghosts from without his body with such an injury, it is very possible we have just seen the end of Kakuzu. In which case, that means the fight shall focus on Hidan; after all, he is the Akatsuki that slew Asuma, so the emotion in this fight should concentrate on avenging Asuma.

I highly doubt Kakuzu is going to be downed this easily. What I believe could happen though is Ino will swap places with Hidan so Shika can hightail his ass out of that mine field while having her body shadow-binded (with Hidan in Ino's body). After Shika is in the clear, Ino will swap back to her body and Shika will set off the mine field which should own Hidans body once he's back there, while Kakuzu gets heavily demolished. Chouji is going to need to play a part in this fight/plan as well so I predict Hidan will remain.

Oh and by the way, things seem to be going according to my predictions from the last chapter. :amuse

sahugani
December 21, 2006, 05:05 AM
except ino's technique is dangerous to herself if the controlled body is harmed. shikamaru also made a big deal about not wanting to put the others in danger against hidan, so he'll continue to go solo. in my opinion the mine field was not to damage hidan, but was constructed very specifically to map out a path for hidan to attack through so he'd get kakuzu's blood instead of shikamaru's

_ATMA
December 21, 2006, 05:13 AM
completely comical prediction: kakashi will get another uber attack from kakuzu and disintigrating kakashi's mask revealing his face and then from the shear shock of seeing his face kakuzu will die[br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 05:10:02 AM_________________________________________________

im not so sure hidan is pretty bliss and ignorant he just wildly attacks not really giving any second thought to what might happen

Severely Senile
December 21, 2006, 05:16 AM
No, but shikamaru can just blow all those tags and destroy both his enemies (and himself along with it) to kingdom come. I really don't think that will happen though. :smile-big

Mandelgroove
December 21, 2006, 06:13 AM
Shikamaru tricking Hidan into taking Kakuzu's blood was really good. It looks like the vial he was holding concealed a blade that he used to cut himself while simultaniously squeezing the vial released Kakuzu's blood.

Ino and Chouji are in a great position to begin attacking the ghost people whilst Kakashi continues to struggle with Kakuzu. Out of the two Akatsuki members, it would seem like Kakuzu would be the easiest to kill, despite him being "immortal" enough to fight Shodai Hokage.

The only way I can think of to finish Hidan would be for Shikamaru to trick him into consuming his own blood, which may be possible now that Hidan has stabbed himself.

My actual prediction for the next chapter is more fighting. That's it. I don't want to see any reinforcements arrive as it would detract from the great teamwork that's happening between Kakashi and Shikamaru (probably the two smartest shinobi in Konoha).

jackwallis
December 21, 2006, 06:37 AM
about the first not being hokage when he fought kakuzu.... he had to have been hokage seeing as he established konoha... so if his first fight with a konoha ninja was with the first then he would have to have been hokage. otherwise he would not have been fighing a konoha ninja, just a strong young ninja who would later become the first.

a little confusing but i'm sure you can follow it...

spactaa
December 21, 2006, 06:53 AM
I agree, shodaime was shodaime when he fought the guy, since HE CREATED KONOHA and probably the head band.[br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 06:49:33 AM_________________________________________________

That's the point. We don't know if Chouji and/or Ino hadn't learned any major combatant skills. If until the end of this battle it turned out that was true, well, that's just lame.

Wrong, chouji looked stronger against sai, he had this new move against kakuzu. Ino didn't show anything at all in term of combat skill, anything...nothing like chouji. I personally don't give a FUC** about ino, but yeah, it looks like kishimoto hate her at least as much as I do lol.

Absolutio
December 21, 2006, 06:57 AM
O.K Kakuzu said that the first Kanoha shinobi he fought was the First HOKAGE , but he never said that when he fought him he had the title of a KOKAGE at that time.

May be when Kakuzu fought the First he was just a shinobi, and not a HOKAGE yet.

Which mean that Kakuzu did fight a strong shinobi but not the one at a HOKAGE level.

The first and second hokages are the ones who established Konoha village. They were shinobies before, but when they established konoha, they were automatically given the title of hokage..

(If im not mistaken)

bloodrage
December 21, 2006, 07:09 AM
I highly doubt Kakuzu is going to be downed this easily. What I believe could happen though is Ino will swap places with Hidan so Shika can hightail his ass out of that mine field while having her body shadow-binded (with Hidan in Ino's body). After Shika is in the clear, Ino will swap back to her body and Shika will set off the mine field which should own Hidans body once he's back there, while Kakuzu gets heavily demolished. Chouji is going to need to play a part in this fight/plan as well so I predict Hidan will remain.

Oh and by the way, things seem to be going according to my predictions from the last chapter. :amuse

one problem there bucko ,ino's technique is not a mind switching jutsu. ino takes controll of that persons mind, there is no need to shadow bind her body .

anybody notice that hindan has a lot of sythes, i mean they showed you a whole panel with him dropping the wepon. now where does he get another to attack shikamaru with,are or those mistakes or what .

JoJoJO
December 21, 2006, 07:31 AM
I predict that Kakazu his going to die the next chapter I just feel it. Shika his going to crush both of them in the next chapter, Shika has more plan up his sleeve.

kunai-knight
December 21, 2006, 08:27 AM
one problem there bucko ,ino's technique is not a mind switching jutsu. ino takes controll of that persons mind, there is no need to shadow bind her body .

anybody notice that hindan has a lot of sythes, i mean they showed you a whole panel with him dropping the wepon. now where does he get another to attack shikamaru with,are or those mistakes or what .

he's always had that stake if i'm not mistaken. Even back to when he was takin out the nibi he used it.

But seriously though i dont see why there's all this heart stabbing talk that supposed gonna kill kakazu. I mean why bother stab hearts? just shadow imitate hidan again and drive the stake through his brain. end of story :tem

laughing@you
December 21, 2006, 08:36 AM
he's always had that stake if i'm not mistaken. Even back to when he was takin out the nibi he used it.

But seriously though i dont see why there's all this heart stabbing talk that supposed gonna kill kakazu. I mean why bother stab hearts? just shadow imitate hidan again and drive the stake through his brain. end of story :tem

Yeah seems the correct way of doing things. But wouldn't that be a little to gory!!!

Don't get me wrong I love the idea. Doesn't matter how many hearts you have with no brain, Games over for kakuzu!!!

Then again it would be funny though!! Shikamaru cuts Hidans head and puts the head on Hidan's stabbing stick(No sexual connotaction allowed). And Hidan still talking bull-crap the whole way back to the team.

Defenderx2
December 21, 2006, 11:36 AM
Well, Ino's swapping technique may have been upgraded. Remember that her father was able to control the Sand invaders without passing out or needing someone to watch after his body. (Then again, Shikamaru already mentioned that she shouldn't use the move because of her weakness...)
I predict that Hidan will be tricked into stabbing at least one more heart of Kakuzu's thinking that Shika's just a tough opponent who won't give up, but then figure out that it's not really doing anything.
I don't think the fight will progress very much, instead we'll get to see what else is happening, i.e. Ibiki's interrogation, Naruto's progress, either Hidan's or Kakuzu's origin flashback.

boyakist4649
December 21, 2006, 11:44 AM
Since I am bored - a couple predictions.

(1) Kakuzu said that "there are no such things as immortality" - hence Hidan is not immortal, there must be a catch. Shikamaru probably has an idea about what that is.

(2) It would be great to see Shikamaru taunt Hidan and to make him think that he missed his heart - only to see Hidan stab himself in various locations. Which means that many, if not all of Kakuzu's hearts may be destroyed. However, I don't think Kishimoto will let this battle end so quickly.

(3) The battle cannot be over yet. We still need to see the progress of Naruto's training. Either another Akatsuki member/group comes to help, or we still have not seen the full strength of Kakuzu. I think Kishimoto will let Hidan perish by the hands of Shikamaru, and avenge his mentor's death.

(4) A far-off prediction: Naruto's wind elemental training will be the showcase of this battle arc. However, I think Naruto himself has a Kekkei Genkai, and I think he will manipulate the Light element (much like the Fourth) after learning additional elements. For Naruto to achieve this would be rather sound - as it would create another link (the first one being the completion of the rasengan + wind element) to the Fourth Hokage, which likely is his father.

eyeshild21
December 21, 2006, 12:41 PM
kakashi beat one of the mask.shikamaru beat one.I think ino and chouji wil beat other masks.And naruto will kill kakuzu.that is, one mask for each ones.

dewy
December 21, 2006, 12:47 PM
I think, the only reason Kakuzu brought up the whole Shodai thing, was just to let them know how much experience he has. Since Kakashi and rest were shocked he was actuall an old fart. But keeps in his prime, by stealing strong shinobi's hearts. I believe that was the reason he stated that, cause he kept going on about how much more experience he has and thats why he will win.

Also, him fighting Shodai, doesn't necessarily mean, he beat him, just he fought him, we do not know what happened in the fight, maybe shodai whooped up on kakuzu, and thats why kakuzu is all sewed up. Or Kakuzu could of beat shodai, it is all speculation.

As for my prediction:

I do believe Hidan will hurt kakuzu enough for kakashi and rest to kill at least 2 of those masked creatures, before Hidan will notice what is going on. I also think, Shikamaru once he notices hidan figures it out will pop the kagemane again, to continue the torture of kakuzu.

Toad Sage
December 21, 2006, 12:49 PM
I can remember many predictions that have gone wrong because someone felt they were too simple. At least since 312, the most obvious answer is the correct one. Everyone and their grandmother predicted Hidan would be turned on Kakuzu and look where we are. Still, Kishimoto revealed a lot in this fight that he could have built up to in his style of cliffhangers for at least another six years. I think Kishimoto just wants to end this confrontation, so I think it's likely that Kakuzu is dead or going to be reciting his will in the next issue.

Kakuzu was stabbed in his true heart and injured by someone with every intention to kill his opponent. The obvious conclusion is that he is dead (even more obvious I think than the usual, "oh know, he's not quite dead yet" conclusion). Kishimoto writes the obvious conclusion. Therefore, Kakuzu is dead.

laughing@you
December 21, 2006, 01:01 PM
My prediction I don't think 5 min have passed yet. Since Shikamaru trapped hidan with his kage-mane.

I think shikamaru released his kage-mane, just when he was ready making hidan believe the time had passed for the jutsu to be over. Putting the plan into motion.

Shikamaru will stab hidan in the back and bind him with his kage-mane again. Now that hidan is using his jutsu. Stabbing hidan more time. Killing off Kakusu!

And shikamaru uses what he learned in the library about hidan's faith, to start the ceremony needed to kill of hidan!!

Nothing new but is what I think!!

mrgodai
December 21, 2006, 02:13 PM
My prediction I don't think 5 min have passed yet. Since Shikamaru trapped hidan with his kage-mane.

I think shikamaru released his kage-mane, just when he was ready making hidan believe the time had passed for the jutsu to be over. Putting the plan into motion.

Shikamaru will stab hidan in the back and bind him with his kage-mane again. Now that hidan is using his jutsu. Stabbing hidan more time. Killing off Kakusu!

And shikamaru uses what he learned in the library about hidan's faith, to start the ceremony needed to kill of hidan!!

Nothing new but is what I think!!

thats what i think too.. but i think the only way to kill hidan is probably have him curse himself with his own blood, then kill him.. i know shika can pull it off!

rayywang
December 21, 2006, 02:29 PM
So I guess Shika will feign pain and moan and groan but not die, talk trash, is Hidan going to be dumb enough to stab himself full of holes wondering, why doesn't this guy die??

Meanwhile, Shika will talk more trash about how he found a way to overcome the voodoo jutsu, enraging Hidan even more, and Hidan, not the brightest guy and tending to underestimate people, will make himself like swiss cheese.

Eventually those pike jabs are going to find their way to piercing the other 4 hearts Kakuzu has (ow, ow, ow, ow) and he will be toast.

After that, I wonder if Hidan can switch the voodoo to someone else. If he can't, he's toast too. I imagine you just dismember him and drop the pieces into some boiling acid? Or is this a chance for Ino and Choji to shine? Let's see!

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year mangahelpers!

darkstar7
December 21, 2006, 03:13 PM
i can picture clearly in my head at the conclusion of this battle, kakashi/ino/chouji will look over and there's shikamaru walking out from those trees with a cigarette blazing and carrying hidan's head in his hands.

i don't know whether kakuzu will be done for, but he will be severely immobilized.

i really want to see hidan and kakuzu's reactions to each other when they both realize what's happened.

i can see it now with kakuzu looking up at hidan's head with a "hidan....WTF?!"

Uchiha Slayer
December 21, 2006, 04:10 PM
I think Shikamaru will play the uuuuhhhhh I'm almost dead drama, while hidan keeps stabing himself while mocking Shikamaru. Hidan plays right into Shikamaru plans.

While Kakuzu is on his last heart, he'll try to get kakashi's with his last once of strenth. Then choji or ino will interfere. Maybe just maybe kakashi will use MS(wishful thinking). We might see naruto and gang show up at the very end.

bayanbatn
December 21, 2006, 04:15 PM
About Kakuzu's fight with the shodai, I believe the first could have not been a hokage at the time. Remember, there was a period of election of hokage after the establishment konoha because the Shodai was ELECTED to become hokage for his ability to control bijuu. Other than that though, I don't really think this part about the fight is that important.
Also, shodai probably didn't get killed by kakuzu. He probably died at the valley of the end.

Debu
December 21, 2006, 06:44 PM
Great chapter. The ball's back in Konoha's court, and I predict it won't be until 338 that it's back in Akatsuki's.

Neither Hidan nor Kakuzu will die before we get more of their back story. We have a glimpse of Kakuzu's, so I think he'll be the first to go. How long can Shikamaru keep Hidan occupied? If he still has some kage power left, then he could presumably decapitate him again and keep all of his body parts in the circle, then keep stabbing to give the others an advantage over Kakuzu. The next question then is: how much can Kakuzu's hearts do on their own accord, i.e., while Kakuzu is reeling from the pain of being stabbed repeatedly?

My prediction for 337:

- Hidan's guard is lowered, so Shikamaru uses it to immobilize him.
- We get Shikamaru's explanation as he starts stabbing the heck out of Kakuzu.
- Kakashi notices this and takes that as the signal that everything is going according to plan on Shikamaru's end, so the "next phase of the plan" is started.
- Kakazu's attacks are slowed but not stopped.
- Kakashi uses this opportunity to take out the wind heart, as that is his biggest weakness.
- Chapter ends with a "2 down 3 to go" kind of comment.
- In 338, Akatsuki starts to retake the upper hand.

Nismospek
December 21, 2006, 08:06 PM
Well i didn't read all of the posts but i was wondering why doesn't shika just run him
into a blade and chop off his head. i understand he needs to curse kakuzo but after that
just run his head through a blade. He had all that time to set up the exploding tags.

Prediction - Hidan dies, Kakuzo gets off.

Omi
December 21, 2006, 08:07 PM
First post here:

Just a thought: what if Kakuzu already has Hidan's heart and Hidan is going to kill himself by another attempt to kill Shikamaru?
It may explain what Kakuzu told that morgue guy earlier about not being able to kill him.

husnimubarak
December 21, 2006, 09:02 PM
First post here:

Just a thought: what if Kakuzu already has Hidan's heart and Hidan is going to kill himself by another attempt to kill Shikamaru?
It may explain what Kakuzu told that morgue guy earlier about not being able to kill him.

yup.. agree.. :amuse

kakuzu's takes hidans heart.. but hidan could avoid his death with his blood jutsu..
hidan couldn't be dead as long as his heart still alive in kakuzu's body..

soo... you should kill kakuzu with all of his heart to kill hidan too..

:eyeroll

next.. shika has to keep hidan stayed away.. so kakashisan could finished kakuzu off..
chouji, ino.. where are they combination attack..???

1nfamous
December 21, 2006, 09:08 PM
i think by now naruto, perfected his new move. maybe lolx
ino and choji might do something to help kakashi. kakashi looks like hes introuble, but he'll figure something out .
shikamaru will use hidan and probably kill hidan, with his own move or kill kakuzu with hidan

Toad Sage
December 21, 2006, 09:09 PM
Kakuzu containing Hidan's heart is a hoopy piece of thinking. It smacks of the kind of twist that Kishimoto tries to input in the manga. It is somewhat contradicted by the fact that Kakuzu didn't display any pain when he stabbed himself in the heart fighting Asuma, but nevertheless, it's a creative idea.

Sephy7KillerMech
December 21, 2006, 11:34 PM
alot of people think akatsuki need some kind of immortality to join. While i'm not sure about this and i'm also skeptical because Itachi doesn't "seem" to have one and neither does Kisame or Deidei... but anyway, i am hoping Hidan's immortality is his own and not because of Kakuzu's interference. Although i suppose Hidan's jutsu would still be effective even if he couldn't have originally stabbed himself in the heart before he joined aka. He would have still been able to immobilize and severely wound opponents.

mitterand
December 22, 2006, 12:05 AM
alrite... hidan i think is done for...
however as kakuzu said he has the heart of the first and what does naruto have---> the charm necklace of the first-- as yamato said.
so there is the hint that naruto will arrive soon and something will happen w/ the heart of the 1st and the necklace charm-- that is just my speculation

aside from that -- hidan is going to die soon-- kakuzu may escape as he is not fully done... but hidan has shown his moves already!

Toad Sage
December 22, 2006, 12:13 AM
no, Kakuzu does not have the heart of Shodai. He only claims to have battled him. There is no mention of Kakuzu murdering the first Hokage in 336. That is misinformation.

bloodrage
December 22, 2006, 12:36 AM
alrite... hidan i think is done for...
however as kakuzu said he has the heart of the first and what does naruto have---> the charm necklace of the first-- as yamato said.
so there is the hint that naruto will arrive soon and something will happen w/ the heart of the 1st and the necklace charm-- that is just my speculation

aside from that -- hidan is going to die soon-- kakuzu may escape as he is not fully done... but hidan has shown his moves already!

kakuz doesent have the first's heart he said he fought the first hokage . diffrence the person who's heart he pulled out had a sand ninja signia on it.
naruto will show up next two chapters. alll shikamaru has to do now, is to keep inflicting wounds on hindan, and kazkuz will feel the pain. giving kakashi and the rest to kill the mask .

Askia
December 22, 2006, 01:46 AM
I highly doubt that Naruto is going to come. Even though the stage is being set for Naruto to show up, I think Kishi will trick everyone and something else will happen. Chouji and Ino will play a part, because tat is in the plan. A lot of us are thinking to a small scale of the plan, like thinking most of it didn't work. This is Shikamaru were talking about. He probably had all these events(even the bad parts) peices into the plan. He has already thought of the grand scheme. He is simply manipulating the fight to go the way he wants it to, even with the unpredicted actions of Kakuzu, but having Kakashi, he probably told him to hold of Kakuzu. Ino and Chouji are going to do something, or Shikamaru would not have them come. I think Kakashi was meant to be the decoy, and chouji and Ino are waiting for their cue to do what they are meant to do. I know this is a contradiction to my last post, but after reading all the other post, my mind was changed again. Don't forget that not everybody is destined to become Jounin. Some ninja will remain Chuunin(mediocre). Ino, I think will be one of them, and possibly Chouji aswell. So don't expect Ino to do some A class jutsu. Chouji might pull a rabit out of his hat, but I doubt it.

genji
December 22, 2006, 02:13 AM
I can remember many predictions that have gone wrong because someone felt they were too simple. At least since 312, the most obvious answer is the correct one. Everyone and their grandmother predicted Hidan would be turned on Kakuzu and look where we are. Still, Kishimoto revealed a lot in this fight that he could have built up to in his style of cliffhangers for at least another six years. I think Kishimoto just wants to end this confrontation, so I think it's likely that Kakuzu is dead or going to be reciting his will in the next issue.

Kakuzu was stabbed in his true heart and injured by someone with every intention to kill his opponent. The obvious conclusion is that he is dead (even more obvious I think than the usual, "oh know, he's not quite dead yet" conclusion). Kishimoto writes the obvious conclusion. Therefore, Kakuzu is dead.

my 1st post and prediction:
i agree.....dont forget that kishi has dragon ball in his mind, he might build up his option onto several things like this:
- is it okay if i continue to extend this battle..........in this case i'd say that he would
- is it okay if i kill them both now.......i'm pretty sure that he also would
- would the backup team come up now?...........i'd say 50-50, but obviously they would since the sexy hokage has ordered them to do so, and kakashi needs backup (he might get killed if hidan jutsu doesn't connected at the right time)
- but still, do they really need backup?.......this would leave us entertained by the show of SHIKA-CHO-INO

and the 99% prediction for me that he will tell us the use of the tags.....lol

husnimubarak
December 22, 2006, 02:16 AM
Kakuzu containing Hidan's heart is a hoopy piece of thinking. It smacks of the kind of twist that Kishimoto tries to input in the manga. It is somewhat contradicted by the fact that Kakuzu didn't display any pain when he stabbed himself in the heart fighting Asuma, but nevertheless, it's a creative idea.

no.. me predict.. that hidan could be immortal coz his heart are not being harmed.. (kakuzu had it with him)

so.. when hidan stabb his heart.. there was no heart there..
and hidan doesn't feel a thing about his body coz.. kakuzu has hidan's heart (well preserved)
their mutualism are.. that kakuzu has the hidan's power.. [blood manipulation ability]
hidan use blood for ceremonial and kakuzu's main attack are his bloody thing from inside his body..

kishimoto linked this one's immortality theori with preserving one's heart.. (sasori does too)
hhmm.... :amuse

there is one thing itching me..
when hidan has full opportunity to kill shika.. (shika was cornered to the ground)
even, before he hold his ceremonial thing.. one on one, hidan could beat shika easily..

but.. hidan just take it as usual.. stabbing himself..
the pain he feel gives him power???
or hidan could not just kill anybody except he kills them with his ritual..

next chapter.. reveals the mistery.. bit.. by bit.. :blink

Severely Senile
December 22, 2006, 05:56 AM
there is one thing itching me..
when hidan has full opportunity to kill shika.. (shika was cornered to the ground)
even, before he hold his ceremonial thing.. one on one, hidan could beat shika easily..

but.. hidan just take it as usual.. stabbing himself..
the pain he feel gives him power???
or hidan could not just kill anybody except he kills them with his ritual..

Me thinks that ritual is somewhat mandatory in his religion. Maybe his immortality comes from a ritual where he also feels his victim's pain. I guess this goes with the way he keeps going on about feeling other's pain and such (like when he was facing Asuma).

Ikasu
December 22, 2006, 06:33 AM
Me thinks that ritual is somewhat mandatory in his religion. Maybe his immortality comes from a ritual where he also feels his victim's pain. I guess this goes with the way he keeps going on about feeling other's pain and such (like when he was facing Asuma).

That could happen. But personally I don't think theres any technique that can grant immortality but who knows. I think that his immortality might only be in affect when he's swallowed someones blood since he changes form. That would somewhat explain how his head got chopped off via Asuma and still survived. Since the bloods source he consumed is still alive. But who knows that could be wrong. Cause it wouldn't explain how Kakuzu stated that Hidan was the only one he couldn't kill as an akatsuki partner.....But who knows he may have just been referring to his immortality abilities when he's in his jashin seal form....But atm not enough information....

But then again...Now that I think about it I do remember Kakuzu using one of his ghost elements attacks when Kakashi evaded Hidan's strike...they were both in it's path and Hidan wasn't transformed.....Hmmm...

At the moment I don't think we have enough information about Hidan to make a guess about his immortality...There has to be some reason why he can't die....I'm straying away from the Kakuzu has Hidan's heart theory....I just don't believe that...

Although a lot of people have been trying to say how hidan can be killed...It's easy...The same thing as last time...Hidan couldn't move his body after his head was chopped off. So if you just chop it off and take the head the threat is gone...It's just combined with Kakuzu's sewing that can bring him back full swing....

Although I have to admit there could be possible information about the Kakuzu has Hidan's heart theory...since the sewing did work on him...but iono...I still can't swallow it....

jinsomnia
December 22, 2006, 07:00 AM
now, since shika alone with hidan, i think that asuma girl will help him to take revenge....thus, when they hit hidan, it means that they help kakashi-chou-ino...

Saifi
December 22, 2006, 07:22 AM
That could happen. But personally I don't think theres any technique that can grant immortality but who knows. I think that his immortality might only be in affect when he's swallowed someones blood since he changes form. That would somewhat explain how his head got chopped off via Asuma and still survived. Since the bloods source he consumed is still alive.....

Umm... but arnt u forgeting when the asuma led team stabbed hidan and he didnt die , or how just a chap ago he was jumping in and out of kakuzu's attacks without dying ? all the while not in his voodoo form !

My prediction is that hidan needs to complete the ritual to maintain his immortality over the long run , and even if he knows that its kazuku cursed , he still will have no chice but to kill him, (unless he can curse multiple people and have only one die as a sacrifice to jaishin) cause i am thinking the only one killing hidan is jaishin's ghost or whatever , cause he failed to give him a sacrifice!

unicorn11
December 22, 2006, 07:29 AM
I predict Shika will use this multi pierce technique to pierce hidan. the same one he uses to fight Sai's multibeast attack and he also used that against hidan as well, before asuma beheads him in the first battle. Chougi make get some more action against the kakuzu's beasts if they are slightly inactive. and i think kakuzu may go for kakashi's heart to try and save himself and we will see kakashi escape and kakuzu dying or getting real close to dying.

laughing@you
December 22, 2006, 10:51 AM
wow. somebody has a hearing problem!!

Don't yell we hear yah!!

In the next chapter very doubtfull we will get any information about the 4th. Probably the 1st but not the 4th.

Patience all in do time!!

bloodrage
December 22, 2006, 11:35 AM
well i see this as the perfect oppertunity for them, i mean if shika shadow binds hindan again. and walks him in to those explosive tags, kakuz will be feeling the pain. giving kakashi and the rest ample time to defeat the mask, or ghost. w/e they are, i don't see how hindan will stop it, and if he does, then shikamru will find away to release the curse if someone else get caught .

all those expecting to see kazkuz berserk mode. i think this is it right here, with the mask out and all that.

jester065
December 22, 2006, 11:38 AM
I haven't read many post... but going give you my take on this chapter
For one i don't think kakuzu or hidan are in problem right now. I think hidan realize something is up because he's not getting anything from that stab in the heart. Kakuzu not dead or dying but he is in pain. I don't think his heart would be in the normal area like everyone else. Plus notice shikumaru drop some stuff when he fell... take note of that its going to come back up. I also wonder if the blood was mixed that hidan licked

I predict that next chapter we going to see hidan realize whose blood it is and Kakuzu will maybe back off or may even take kakashi out.

Askia
December 22, 2006, 01:14 PM
Hidan will probably ralize that he is not killing Shika, Kakazu will probably go into a rage and attack Hidan. Hidan will then be killed by Shika, and then they will all focus on Kakazu who will go into berserk.

ReyColiman
December 22, 2006, 01:25 PM
I predict that Shikamaru will explain how he was able to escape Hidan's justu. This is my prediction of the explanation Shikamaru will give.

I know it is still speculation until we get an explanation from Kishi himself, but if you look at the vial that Shikamaru gave Kakashi in the beginning of chapter 332 (you don't see a needle on it, which I'll explain why in a bit), you can't really tell if it is the same vial as the one shown at the end of chapter 336 (this one has a needle on the end) because the very first glimpse we get of the vial is in Kakashi's hand which is covered by a black glove.

When we see the vial again (which I believe is the same vial from the beginning and I'm saying this just in case someone thinks there might be more than one) at the end of chapter 336, we see that the vial has a needle. The reason why we didn't see it is because the needle itself is black and we can't see that detail because of Kakashi's black glove, but if you also look closely at both vials, you see that the vial in 332 has a glass end, which is where Kakuzu's blood would be stored.

I know the angle of the vial in 336 might not allow for this speculation, but I believe that the glass is no longer there because Hidan struck the glass end which contained Kakuzu's blood with his sword. Shikamaru used the needle end to scratch his cheek in order to make Hidan believe he wounded him with the sword. That's how I think Hidan was duped into drinking Kakuzu's blood. The only drawbacks to this prediction is that I just don't know how to explain how Hidan might not have noticed how the sword hit the glass end of the vial instead of Shikamaru's cheek or how he didn't hear the glass end of the vial break after his sword hit it. I know Hidan has looked like a Dee-Dee-Dee (retard phrase made famous by Carlos Mencia) in this second fight between them, but can he really be that dumb, my prediction, which is just speculation of course, is yes.

kimi maro
December 22, 2006, 02:14 PM
what if Hidan drank both Shika and Kakuzu's blood ?

PredatorNar
December 22, 2006, 02:37 PM
Someone said Kakuzu probably fought the First Hokage before he became Hokage.

No offense but that's stupid. They clearly show Kakuzu taking out the First Hokage's heart which means he KILLED THE FIRST HOKAGE. So unless the First Hokage somehow came back from the dead then became Hokage, I think Kakuzu killed him WHEN he was the first Hokage

It's not that big of a deal. Orochimaru did kill the 3rd. Granted it was understood that the only reason Orochimaru defeated the 3rd is because the 3rd was old, but still I think it's also understood that the 3rd, in his prime, was stronger than the first two.

Just wanted to clear that up for your guys :)

Askia
December 22, 2006, 03:40 PM
Someone said Kakuzu probably fought the First Hokage before he became Hokage.

No offense but that's stupid. They clearly show Kakuzu taking out the First Hokage's heart which means he KILLED THE FIRST HOKAGE. So unless the First Hokage somehow came back from the dead then became Hokage, I think Kakuzu killed him WHEN he was the first Hokage

It's not that big of a deal. Orochimaru did kill the 3rd. Granted it was understood that the only reason Orochimaru defeated the 3rd is because the 3rd was old, but still I think it's also understood that the 3rd, in his prime, was stronger than the first two.

Just wanted to clear that up for your guys :)

You have no idea what your talking about. It has already been establishedd that the nin you see getting the heart puled out is a nin from sand. If he would have killed the first, he would of said so. He was the first hokage the time he fought Kakuzu because he wouldn't be a leaf nin without establishing it first. If he killed the first, there would be a bigger emphasis on it though. Read the other post first so you don't sound stupid next time(not saying you are though).

someguyudontknow
December 22, 2006, 03:55 PM
maybe what someone said earlier was true. That shikamaru did inject Kakuzu's blood directly into his body. Shikamaru did seem hurt as hidan thrusted the stick into the heart region. I don't think he needed to "act" at that point anymore because they did accomplish what they wanted to do. Which was inflict injury onto Kakuzu. Maybe the reason why they say that "role" maybe is because if Shika did really inject Kakuzu's blood into him, he doesn't know how it wll affect him either. He didn't know if he would end up dying as well.

Askia
December 22, 2006, 04:38 PM
maybe what someone said earlier was true. That shikamaru did inject Kakuzu's blood directly into his body. Shikamaru did seem hurt as hidan thrusted the stick into the heart region. I don't think he needed to "act" at that point anymore because they did accomplish what they wanted to do. Which was inflict injury onto Kakuzu. Maybe the reason why they say that "role" maybe is because if Shika did really inject Kakuzu's blood into him, he doesn't know how it wll affect him either. He didn't know if he would end up dying as well.

Its not possible. Shikamaru thinks off 200 different plans, and he picks the one that has the highest probability. Injecting Kakazu's blood into his own would have a very low success rate. He wouldn't do it simply because of that, and there are many other reasons in which would be a waste of time to explain.

someguyudontknow
December 22, 2006, 07:39 PM
Its not possible. Shikamaru thinks off 200 different plans, and he picks the one that has the highest probability. Injecting Kakazu's blood into his own would have a very low success rate. He wouldn't do it simply because of that, and there are many other reasons in which would be a waste of time to explain.

That's just all speculation based on your assumption. It may be true that Shikamaru does think far ahead, but I don't think he knew of Kakuzu's multiple heart ability. I believe he had Kakashi take Kakuzu's blood just in case Kakuzu doesn't die by Kakashi's Rakiri. That still doesn't make up the fact that he isn't lightning fast. Tactical skills does not make up for his lack of speed. He doesn't have the speed of Sasuke, hell he's probably even slower than Naruto. We all know Naruto is pretty slow as it is. Shikamaru isn't at the speed where he can do something and Hidan not notice it. As for your statement about Shikamaru choosing the plan with the "highest" percentile of succeeding, that's not true as well. Shikamaru doesn't know that Hidan's only trick is the "blood-linking" technique. If Hidan had any other techniques available Kakashi, Ino, and Chouji all would've been finished off by now. As you can see from the ending pictures Kakashi was just a couple of seconds from having his heart ripped out by Kakuzu. Highest percentage of succeeding? I doubt it.

kadodo
December 22, 2006, 07:44 PM
You have no idea what your talking about. It has already been establishedd that the nin you see getting the heart puled out is a nin from sand. If he would have killed the first, he would of said so. He was the first hokage the time he fought Kakuzu because he wouldn't be a leaf nin without establishing it first. If he killed the first, there would be a bigger emphasis on it though. Read the other post first so you don't sound stupid next time(not saying you are though).

Just to clarify. I think he did fight the first but he did not win. My reason for saying so is because he said he he stayed alive by keeping strong ninjas' heart. If he had the first's heart he would have said so.

Askia
December 22, 2006, 08:47 PM
That's just all speculation based on your assumption. It may be true that Shikamaru does think far ahead, but I don't think he knew of Kakuzu's multiple heart ability. I believe he had Kakashi take Kakuzu's blood just in case Kakuzu doesn't die by Kakashi's Rakiri. That still doesn't make up the fact that he isn't lightning fast. Tactical skills does not make up for his lack of speed. He doesn't have the speed of Sasuke, hell he's probably even slower than Naruto. We all know Naruto is pretty slow as it is. Shikamaru isn't at the speed where he can do something and Hidan not notice it. As for your statement about Shikamaru choosing the plan with the "highest" percentile of succeeding, that's not true as well. Shikamaru doesn't know that Hidan's only trick is the "blood-linking" technique. If Hidan had any other techniques available Kakashi, Ino, and Chouji all would've been finished off by now. As you can see from the ending pictures Kakashi was just a couple of seconds from having his heart ripped out by Kakuzu. Highest percentage of succeeding? I doubt it.

First off, it's not some random assumption. Shikimaru had no idea how Kakashi would get the blood, he just told him to. Shikamaru has never seen Kakashi's Rakiri, if so give me a chaper in which Shikamaru saw it(not Sasuke's). Thats why Shikamaru, aswell as Ino and Chouji, had a shocked look one their face when Kakashi used the rakiri on Kakuzu(chapter 333). Shikamaru is a little faster than you give him credit for. Saying that he is slower than Naruto is nothing but speculation based on your assumption(but I doubt Shikamaru has Sasuke's or Lee's speed). Also we don't know if Shikamaru used speed, or genjutsu, in which Shikamaru is talented at(chuunin exam), to switch Kakuzu's blood. If you noticed there was no slash on Shikamaru's face on the last page of chapter 336 when there clearly was one. And yes, Shikamaru does choose the plan with the highest success rate(chuunin exam again). The plan he is doing now does have the highest success rate, even though it may not be that high of a success rate(because of not fully knowing his opponents like you said), which means his other plans have in even lower success rate. In simple terms, just because this plans has the highest success rate of the other plans he thought of, doesn't mean that the plan has a high success rate. Thanks for bringing it up though, I was hoping someone would reply to my post. I'm new at this, and its funner when there are debates and not random predictons.

Bartserk
December 22, 2006, 10:58 PM

Ewr, let's remember that the First Hokage already FOUNDED Konoha. If Kakuzu knew about the forehead protectors, then he fought the First when he was Hokage already.

This mention to the First makes me suppose that Yamato will probably have an important role in the beating of Kakuzu. I think Hidan will come out alive of this encounter and be able to escape, while Kakuzu will perish in a fight versus the reinforcements (Yamato Team). They will arrive in a critical moment, and Kakashi, Ino and Chouji will hold on as long as they can. In the other combat, probably Shikamaru will try to take an advantage to his opponent's dumbness and make him stab himself a few more times by faking he has missed the vital point or some trick like that. That's not going to be in just 1 issue though, it's a long time prediction ;p

P.S - Askia, I think that if Shikamaru, Ino and Chouji, after 3 years of being shinobi of the leaf, didn't know that the Raikiri is the only technique invented by a famous ninja of their village like Kakashi, they would be illiterate as hell lol

Askia
December 22, 2006, 11:25 PM
lol, good point, also Yamato, I completely forgot about him being factored in. I had a breif thought when they mentioned the first, and then it completely slipped under me.

smoke
December 23, 2006, 12:51 AM
maybe if yamato comes in to fight he'll probaly think that he has saw kakuza before "lol"

but for prediction kakashi will probaly beat the crap out of kakuza for a couple sec while he is most vunerable shika get up does somthing amazing while hidan is looking...wtf

godofthesunn
December 23, 2006, 01:15 AM
I'm stunned, because alot of Naruto fans don't actually think and read chapters at the same time. Maybe you didn't have a good version of the chapter. I dunno. Regardless I think that most people should at least be able to figure out that Kazaku didn't take the first hokages heart.

Now for a more intresting topic. I think i skimmed somewhere that shikamaru injected himself with kazaku's blood. Now i'm not a doctor or even styuding to be a doctor. So I honestly say my next comment may be wrong :

"Can such a small amount of blood move though the body so that its possible to be cut and it comes out?"

I personally don't think so. but maybe i underestimate the human circulatory system.
I don't know how he got the blood on the staff but to me Shikimaru is the new David Blaine...

Askia
December 23, 2006, 01:18 AM
maybe if yamato comes in to fight he'll probaly think that he has saw kakuza before "lol"

but for prediction kakashi will probaly beat the crap out of kakuza for a couple sec while he is most vunerable shika get up does somthing amazing while hidan is looking...wtf

lol, and when Kakuza see's Yamato, hell think he is seeing a ghost

bloodrage
December 23, 2006, 02:23 AM
it is impossible for shikamaru to inject himself with kazkuz blood, and it come out on hindans stake, a couple drops of blood. can't over power a whole bodys worth, he obvioulsly placed it on the stake .

Debu
December 23, 2006, 02:47 AM
You have no idea what your talking about. It has already been establishedd that the nin you see getting the heart puled out is a nin from sand.

<tongue-in-cheek>
Obviously, it was the first hokage pretending to be a nin from the sand. Maybe he wanted to spend some time what Gaara? But then.. how old is Gaara?!? Wow, Naruto just got so much cooler.
</tongue-in-cheek>

Shikamaru didn't inject himself - it certainly would not circulate in a split second, and if it did, he'd still run the risk of there being *some* of his blood on the scythe. He put it on the scythe himself, and perhaps cut his cheek with the pointy end of the vial (note: the pointy end is for taking the blood out of the subject--I doubt Shikamaru assumed Kakashi would go to the great lengths of blowing a hole through the guy!--it's not for injecting into someone).

Anyone a non-believer? Go donate some blood and find out for yourself. (Off topic but interesting: donated blood has a crazy short shelf life - just 6 weeks!)

Lucian
December 23, 2006, 06:40 AM
maybe only kakuzu know how to kill hidan.
kakuzu has no other choise, he must sacrifice hidan for his survival.

so hidan will die, and battle with kakuzu will continue :D

kakashi_317
December 23, 2006, 07:52 AM
kakuzu will die... and shika almost near death... but Ino saves him. hidan fights with choji and kakashi... lol, kakashi does that iron-skin jutsu and saves his ass from hidan, but at that time choji finishes him off

okyatoks
December 23, 2006, 08:35 AM
My Guesses for 337

Kakuzu will not be killed yet, despite being cursed by Hidan. It would probably be somewhat like that of the Sasori arc, specifically: "Chapter 271 page 9" (Sasori's true body was shown). Kakuzu hid his real heart safely in one of his "minions," and later will also be shown.

or Shikamaru and Ino will team up to kill Kakuzu by using Hidan's body (using Ino's Shintenshin no Jutsu | mind-body switch).

or The battle will continue (as predicted by others) until Naruto, Yamato, Sakura arrive in the area.
(Yamato will use Shodai Hokage's Mokuton technique to stop Kakuzu)

but I think in the case of the Sasori arc, Kishimoto showed and focused on the character and skills of Sakura... maybe we will see the same, Ino and Chouji will be doing their part.

Nonetheless, I think Hidan's head will be brought to Konoha. :D

emanresu
December 23, 2006, 08:52 AM
If yamato arrives.. wow must have been a kage level battle.. btween kakuzu n him

PredatorNar
December 23, 2006, 08:55 AM
I don't think Hidan will survive. Kakuzu made a comment that, to some extent, foreshadows Hidan's demise.

Notice how Hidan was shouting before, at Kakashi and Team 10, that they shouldn't underestimate "us immortals" as if he's trying to scare them...

but as you say in the latest chapter when Kakashi says "He really is immortal!" and Kakuzu calmly corrects him saying "No one is immortal yata yata yata." Kakuzu knows Hidan isn't immortal and there is a way to kill him. It's only a matter of time before they find out how to kill Hidan (maybe destroy his brain?).

I don't think these two will survive much longer..

kakashi_317
December 23, 2006, 09:20 AM
cant wait for the next release... but this arc is getting too lengthy.. and slow to top.. i dunno if kishimoto wants to keep writing naruto till his old age..

aus_jawer
December 23, 2006, 09:32 AM
kakuzu will die, shikamaru will kill hidan with his new jutsu

rabb
December 23, 2006, 11:03 AM
nice first post XD

i wonder if shikamaru will strike hidan twrice more from behind? ya know, in order to destroy the remaining three hairs of kakuzu that havnt gotten hit yet. as for hidan... i dont know how they are gunna shut him up short of having one of the hyuugas do the bug zapper jutsu to his chakra points

Egoboo
December 23, 2006, 02:17 PM
I think that the idea of Shika simply stabbing Hidan a couple of times to kill Kakuzu or wound him even more sounds imaginable. Too imaginable, to be honest...i hope it´s something a bit more Shikamaru-ish. Though i can´t come up with a better idea. Oh and i agree with those who say that Hidan´s head will be brought back to Konoha; that would definitely
a) look funny
b) be a better chance for Ibiki to show off his skills (or maybe a chance to re-introduce Anko as another Interrogator? :love)

ya know, in order to destroy the remaining three hairs of kakuzu that havnt gotten hit yet.

I know it´s not polite to laugh at other people´s mistakes (especially when you´re not better at all) but that made me laugh hard. I suppose you meant "hearts", eh? :rofl (Please don´t take that as an insult!)

eyeshild21
December 23, 2006, 03:09 PM
I think hidan still don't know that skiha is alive and one of kakuzu's heart crushed.And I really wonder kakashi ll escape or not.after all kakuzu still have kakashi.

My prediction;one of the masks go inside the kakuzu and kakuzu back to live.kakashi somehow manage to ecsape kakuzu's string.And after that we 'll see ıno and couji more.

darkstar7
December 23, 2006, 03:47 PM
My Guesses for 337

Kakuzu will not be killed yet, despite being cursed by Hidan. It would probably be somewhat like that of the Sasori arc, specifically: "Chapter 271 page 9" (Sasori's true body was shown). Kakuzu hid his real heart safely in one of his "minions," and later will also be shown.

or Shikamaru and Ino will team up to kill Kakuzu by using Hidan's body (using Ino's Shintenshin no Jutsu | mind-body switch).

or The battle will continue (as predicted by others) until Naruto, Yamato, Sakura arrive in the area.
(Yamato will use Shodai Hokage's Mokuton technique to stop Kakuzu)

but I think in the case of the Sasori arc, Kishimoto showed and focused on the character and skills of Sakura... maybe we will see the same, Ino and Chouji will be doing their part.

Nonetheless, I think Hidan's head will be brought to Konoha. :D

i really like this idea of kakuzu hiding his heart in one of his minions, it just seems like something an akatsuki member would do. but i hope next chapter we get to see those monsters actually do some fighting (instead of just using breath attacks) against ino or chouji, cuz i don't think kakuzu would trust his heart in one of them if they're too easy to kill.

i think the exact same thing about hidan, his head will be brought back to konoha for him to spill his guts. shikamaru will walk out of that forest all cool-lookin with a cigarette lit and hidan's head in his hands, plain and simple!

however it seems like something like that would only happen after this whole big battle, and we still have no idea IF and WHEN backup will arrive or if they'll even beat kakuzu.

macchonk
December 23, 2006, 04:31 PM
my LOL prediction......
all the akatsuki member will feared konoha village...
they start to ask for an apology...
they got forgiven....and celebrate christmas together....
the end of naruto......
nomore fight...... nomore jutsu...... nomore naruto..... lol./......

ShadowStrike
December 23, 2006, 04:44 PM
The explosive tags that Shikamaru prepared for Hidan will rip him apart, possibly burning them. In that way, Hidan cannot be sewed back together. Shikamaru will live as he's just acting. Kakuzu has three more hearts. From what we saw in the most recent issue, Kakuzu is perhaps even stronger than Kakashi. I believe Naruto would not appear at the battle yet, though he probably will eventually to finish off Kakuzu.

walkie
December 23, 2006, 06:38 PM
I think that the idea of Shika simply stabbing Hidan a couple of times to kill Kakuzu or wound him even more sounds imaginable. Too imaginable, to be honest...

i dont think shika will make hidan stap himself a couple of times...because even i think that hidan can release his jutsu when he wants, so what is the meaning to make stap himself to wound kakuzu??? shika must find a better way because he is a genius right?? :D

Hemostrat
December 23, 2006, 07:05 PM
If Hidan's head gets chopped off, the same pain connects to Kakuzu. And no way that Kakuzu's heart is in one of his ghosts, he clenched his chest right away, he doesn't have the same blood as his ghosts. Kakashi got Kakuzu's blood, not one of his ghosts.

I'm not saying he's dead either, I think that would be too anti-climatic and I would be sad, 'm just saying that his heart got stabbed.

darkstar7
December 24, 2006, 01:36 AM
And no way that Kakuzu's heart is in one of his ghosts, he clenched his chest right away, he doesn't have the same blood as his ghosts. Kakashi got Kakuzu's blood, not one of his ghosts.

it might be off to think that kakuzu has his real heart in one of his ghosts because you're right about the way he reacted to the stabbing,

but he DOES have the same blood as his ghosts ---->

1. kakashi said (and kakuzu confirmed) that they need to destroy all the hearts to kill him (meaning those hearts are still pumping KAKUZU's blood through them)

2. if he steals the heart of his victims, as it shows in that one picture with the sand nin, he takes just their heart, not their entire circulatory system, so when he junctions the heart to himself, he's obviously pumped his own blood into them.

but anyways, i am so curious as to how kakuzu will escape something like this----short of taking one of the hearts out of a ghost or resorting to that 'boiling rage' thing, i just don't know how he'll survive such a seemingly final blow like this.

Aesahaettr_reborn
December 24, 2006, 02:21 AM
It seems that Kakuzu is an honest guy, No? he tell Kakashi, Chouji, and Ino that no one's immortal and he said that the only way to kill him is to destroy all the ghosts.
Maybe Kakuzu separated his heart to all of his ghosts that way the only thing that would stop his heart is to destroy all the ghosts. The ghost's heart are probably just a medium to store a part of Kakuzu's heart that way he won't die so easily..

I guess this is the end for Hidan.... Shikamaru's not going to let go of this chance but I still doesn't have any idead on how to kill him maybe they'll just take him back to Konoha for interogation
I'm not quite sure of Kakuzu's fate I think he wont survive this fight, and when will Naruto come? can't wait his new jutsu

ikuroi
December 24, 2006, 04:56 AM
My Prediction;

First thing first, Kakuzu will not be defeated by Shikamaru. Actually I think its ridiculous how Kakuzu stands above Kakashi and explains how he lived so long and so far with his so almighty experience.
He takes his foe heart when he is about to die, how come he got Kakashi on a lock down and could EASILY take his heart if he could talk about his life as that.

Anyway, Kakuzu will not be killed by that trick. I think Kakuzu will resort to taking Hidans heart if he will have to. Akatsuki backup will arrive, so SHIKA will have to go up against 3 Akatsuki members.
If it is Itachi who arrives, Sasuke might come. If its Deidei and Tobi. Team Kakashi + Yamato will come to aid.

Hidan will also be able to see through Shikamarus plan.

Askia
December 24, 2006, 04:56 AM
I did a little back tracking and figured out some things about Hidan. Once Hidan tastes the blood, he transforms into the wierd looking body. When he is in that circle, what ever damage happens to him, will happen to the person thats blood was cursed(we all know this). There are only two ways to end this ritual, and that is by killing the cursed individual, or by stabbing himself to the ground for a half an hour (Chapters 313, 325, 326). Hidan realized there was something wrong cuz he didn't revert back to his normal self after stabbing himself in the heart. This means that he is stuck in that form for the rest of the fight, unless Kakuza is killed before Hidan. This also means that whenever Hidan is in that ritual circle, Konoha can deal damage to Kakuza. Through this, the predictions are limitless. For some, this is stating the obvious, but for some that think that Shikamaru injected himself with Kakuza's blood, or Hidan drank both Kakuza's and Shikamaru's blood, your just so wrong.

Smubeht
December 24, 2006, 09:24 AM
It may be that the victim hooked to Hidan is vulnerable to Hidan's hits, and at the same time if they are killed by someone else, Hidan will face the pain. IE If Kakashi kills Kakuzu, Hidan may face consequences, since normally it is a fast procedure and no one else interferes as a partner to killing the person already trapped in the curse jutsu. So for instance if Kakashi kills Hidan it may be like, Jaishin gets pissed for being awoken for a ceremonial sacrifice, yet got no sacrifice and then kills Hidan for betrayal. Suicide and another killing however may be different, but we don't quite know how it works, since Asuma never hit himself while in the jutsu, but it is just a theory that if someone else kills him, there may be repercussions for Hidan.

As far as Kakashi goes, he looks like he is no match for Kakuzu, which leaves me semi-disappointed as Kakashi is my favorite character. Sure he got the Raikiri in Kakuzu, but c'mon Kakuzu has been running this battle most of the way. I want some cool actions by Kakashi, and hope in the next chapter we may see something in the events of the other 3 remaining hearts(3 ghosts).

According to MH no shonen jump next week so I am going to go nuts waiting.

hayoula
December 24, 2006, 09:40 AM
There was something about Hidan that Asuma told Shikamaru before he died... I bet it is related to a secret in Hidan's jutsu, remember the second time Hidan cursed Asuma he didn't drink his blood and just spilled some of his own blood on the ground inside the circle. I'm sure Shikamaru is using that in his advantage and will probably do something else next chapter.
As for the other battle Kakashi will do something to Kakuzu while he is in his current state. Kakashi will play his trump card... you know what I'm talking about...

Dhow
December 24, 2006, 09:58 AM
I do believe the secret Asuma told Shikamaru before he died, was who is the real "King" in Konoha village that others "Knight" should protect (the conversation when they both played chess). I'm even surprise that Kakashi already knew about this conversation, because I don't remember Shikamaru told anyone about this since it's a secret...
I'm pretty sure that Hidan and Kakuzu will beat all of them (Shikamaru, Kakashi and the others as well), because they haven't shows their ultimate jutsu yet up until now.
And at the most crucial time, just when Hidan and Kakuzu will launch a final blow on Kakashi team; Naruto will rescue them with his new invented jutsu ^^
And that would mean another chapter we all be waiting for, although we all have more predictions, it's best to wait until ch338 out ;-p.

DarkManSharingan32
December 24, 2006, 10:17 AM
Predictions:

Shikamaru begins the chapter, by telling Hidan (and us) how he got tricked. we see an extremely pised off Hidan... but what can he do? He must dispel the jutsu.... if he can.

The scene will switch to Kak-Kak and i have a feeling from here, Kakashi will want to handle things alone, and tell Ino and Chouji to find Shikamaru. From here Kakuzu will have to fing a way to keep himself going after losing his own actual heart. Since i think his main heart is connected to the other hearts... and basically sustains them, i'm going to say that Kakuzu is running low on time, and is now going to just try to take out as may people as possible.

Hopefully we get to see some Kakashi coolness, in the form of different elemental attacks, while the Ino-Shika-Chou trio surround Hidan.
And, btw... Kakuzu is going to seem like some AMAZING ninja this next chapter. He's is gonna keep Kakashi on his toes, while dealing with the linked damage is recieving from Hidan/Shikamaru.
---

The two groups will be at a mini stalemate at the end of this chapter... and if we don't see any signs of a reinforcement group in Konoha, i'm fairly sure there won't be one in this fight.

hayoula
December 24, 2006, 10:33 AM
I do believe the secret Asuma told Shikamaru before he died, was who is the real "King" in Konoha village that others "Knight" should protect (the conversation when they both played chess). I'm even surprise that Kakashi already knew about this conversation, because I don't remember Shikamaru told anyone about this since it's a secret...
I'm pretty sure that Hidan and Kakuzu will beat all of them (Shikamaru, Kakashi and the others as well), because they haven't shows their ultimate jutsu yet up until now.
And at the most crucial time, just when Hidan and Kakuzu will launch a final blow on Kakashi team; Naruto will rescue them with his new invented jutsu ^^
And that would mean another chapter we all be waiting for, although we all have more predictions, it's best to wait until ch338 out ;-p.

right but there was some information besides that too, I'm sure...

kunai-knight
December 24, 2006, 10:19 PM
A little off topic but i'm soo curious...

What episode is Gaara doing that thingy that he's doing in DarkManSharingan32's avatar? or even time frame? is that...new episodes from when he's fighting deidera? :s

My prediction is that one of the following will happen.

1.Yamato will show up so that kakuzu's fight with the first can "continue" so to speak.

2. Hidan gets his heart stolen by Kakuzu

i'm almost positive one of those 2 things will happen but i've been wrong before....merry christmas to all btw...and if ur not religious or dont celebrate christmas at all....SCREW U lol :tem

jp enjoy your day all the same XD

DarkManSharingan32
December 24, 2006, 10:41 PM
A little off topic but i'm soo curious...

What episode is Gaara doing that thingy that he's doing in DarkManSharingan32's avatar? or even time frame? is that...new episodes from when he's fighting deidera? :s

On an even more off-topic note...
No, it's from the second Naruto Movie.

Gaara has ALOT of cool moves in that one.

srankmissingnin
December 24, 2006, 11:49 PM
Seconds away from having his heart taken away Kakashi will ask Kakuzu "So... you have 5 hearts but... do you have five brains as well?" . Kakuzu's eyes will go wide with fear as he ripes into Kakashi's heart only to find... he had pined down Kage Bunshin! The real Kakashi (who replaced himself with a Kage Bunshin during Kakuzu and and Hidan's first attack) comes from behind and plunges a Raikiri straight into Kakuzu's head and says "... Guess not."

Nasuke
December 25, 2006, 12:34 AM
My predictions:

- Shikamaru's plan only destroyed a second heart out of a remaining three hearts. I believe that this is where Inno comes in; she'll take over Kakuzu and make him destroy another heart. I also believe that Chouji will get to destroy another one of the hearts. This means that the final heart will be for Kakashi yet again.
- Hidan will notice that Shikamaru is still alive; and will be able to get some of his blood. But before he stabs himself again to kil Shikamaru; Naruto will come flying in and destroy Hidan with his new jutsu.
- Sakura will heal everyone after such a long and strenuous battle.

!!Merry Christmas all ^_^!!

Askia
December 25, 2006, 02:23 AM
So many emotional posts about Naruto coming in with his new jutsu. It would be plain stupid if he used it so soon. Think logically, and not emotional, and you will get what I'm saying. On a more positive note, I really like the predictions from darkmansharinigan32, Smubeht(except for bad mouthing Kakashi. Do you really think Kakashi does not have a trump card. Like It was really a Kagebushin getting beat.), Nasuke(untill Naruto coming in with his new jutsu). I find it highly possible that these different predictions can come to pass. Shikamaru getting Hidan to curse Kakuzu is still part of the set up to what Shikamaru is planning. Check mate will soon come,for Hidan at least, and it will involve Chouji and Ino.

georgesoo
December 25, 2006, 04:06 PM

OKay ... im tired of idiots not reading or really following the story and spouting crap... erm.. they are the founders of Konoha... him and well. idont know.. his brother.. making them the first and second hokage... if Kakuzu saw the konoha headband ... wat does that mean? there is a konoha.. andd whoo found konoha?? yes.. the first hokage.. so.. he formed it and being one of the 2 most powerful shinobi of that era.. i think he was the hokage at the time dont u think?

ANywayy.. One stab to heart.. no wai.. my prediction.. hidan finds out kakuzu has been stabbed... considering the five hearts arent exactly on him atm and out of his body.. kakuzu is in a bad shape because notice hes holding his heart where it should have been if he had his own heart so maybe he is gonna die afterall.. Or.. shikamaru gets up.. hidan says wtf wat u doing alive and starts stabbing himself more and just ends hidan there

SiretaInDisguise
December 25, 2006, 04:07 PM
I'm sure this has been said before, but everyone's been all 'Shika's going to blow Hidan up!', or something of the sort. I just figure that (and not just because I like Hidan's character) it would sort of pointless to blow Hidan up, or for the Ino-Shika-Cho group to actually defeat Hidan and Kakuzu in the next chapter :/ I mean, we didnt' see a whole chapter pratically dedicated to Hidan mouthing off to Leader and annoucning he didn't plan on giving his all to Akatsuki for nothing-- I think Hidan's character is going be playing a larger part than "Oops, he got blew up by Shikamaru".

I can see Kakuzu dying, not that I want him to or anything, but I do see it happening-- but I see Hidan betraying Akatsuki in some way eventually :/

Anyway, back on track here:

Kakuzu said "Don't underestimate Hidan" to Ino-Shika-Cho-Kaka. The only on there who didn't know about Hidan's abilities is Kakashi, so I think that was a hint that Hidan has some more tricks up his sleeves as well. We've only seen him use one technique so far-- the sacrifical one. Apparently that his favorite, but I think we're jumping the gun to believe its the only thing he can do. Don't you think he'd need a bit more (besdies his immortality) to be able to join Akatsuki in the first place?

The fight between Shikamaru and Hidan is going to last longer than most of think; and I doubt it will end here in this battle.

As for the Kakuzu and Kakashi thing going on now, if Kakuzu doesn't end up recoiling, I can see him pulling out Kakashi's heart OR Kakashi doing some last minute technique that will kill/draw Kakuzu off of him.

And let us not forget that there is a reinforcment team. If Hidan and Kakuzu (or one of the two) isn't dead by the time the replacements come up, then I'm sure that they'll end up leaving/escaping somehow or another.

Just my ideas though.

Holland
December 25, 2006, 05:19 PM
Next chapter is "Shikamaru's talent" I think we get to see our friend Shika has "studied up" on Jashin and figured out how Hidan either does it or how to dispell it. I personally would like to see Shika turn immortal and sacrifice Hidan. Matbe those arn't explosive tags but rather seals. Kakuzu will be dying while team 10 try to keep the dolls from reuniting. Kakashi is incapacitated, however, he can still use the all powerfull MS while lying down (yet again, hurt in battle).

Ino just helps out in the victory celebration.

wankel
December 25, 2006, 10:04 PM
In the next chapter i think Shikamaru will lose an arm before he kills Hidan. Then Naruto will show up with his new technieque and finish off Kakuzu. I hope this happens, i can feel.

darkstar7
December 26, 2006, 02:02 AM
Next chapter is "Shikamaru's talent" I think we get to see our friend Shika has "studied up" on Jashin and figured out how Hidan either does it or how to dispell it. I personally would like to see Shika turn immortal and sacrifice Hidan.

since when have the taglines for the next chapter ever been reliable? remember last weeks "omnipotent ruler" thing?

In the next chapter i think Shikamaru will lose an arm before he kills Hidan. Then Naruto will show up with his new technieque and finish off Kakuzu. I hope this happens, i can feel.

this is interesting, because i can see kishimoto not wanting to off a character like shikamaru, but wanting them to sustain some kind of life-changing serious injury at least, so a loss-of-limb injury isn't impossible!

shika joins deidara and hidans club! lol

i wonder if that does happen if tsunade is a powerful enough medical nin to sow body parts back on like kakuzu can.

also, i was thinking that since kakuzu's ghosts and him all share the same blood, if hidan stabbing himself affects not only kakuzu but all of his ghosts as well?? (i know i know...too easy for an akatsuki member)

juUnior
December 26, 2006, 06:23 AM
I think that now it will be shown mostly fight Shika vs Hidan, and maybe some more info of his "immortal" body ^^ And i'm looking forward to that color page and color cover, hope to be better than last ones only with Naruto :D

bax
December 26, 2006, 08:31 AM
As for my prediction :amuse

The chapter will start with more scenes on Kakuzu, Kakashi managed to get away from Kakuzu at that time, but remember, that tusk (Hidan's doing) only can damage one of the four hearts Kakuzu has (after one is destroyed by Raikiri) if ever that tusk hit the heart. So, Kakuzu will still hasve the power to fight, but maybe at a reduced power.

As the main focus, it would be back to Shikamaru. Perhaps some results from the pre-battle training. But I prefer if Kishi shows us more growth of his personality. Maybe some new shadow jutsus too ^^ All in all, I predict that it will only be a talking chapter with only a few actions.

And yes, still no sign of Naruto anywhere ;)

check0r
December 26, 2006, 08:42 AM
i think htey wont be able to kill hidan so after naruto has completed his new just his will just pulverize hidan and then he's hopefully dead meat.

kimi maro
December 26, 2006, 08:47 AM
I Predict that Kakuzu will fight Hidan

One of them has to die since Hidan cannot stop his curse and Kakuzu won't stay in a place without doing anything.

Perhaps Hidan's curse has a time limit : if he hasn't offered someone in sacrifice for his god, then he would be the one to be sacrificed. Kazuku will have no choice Team 10 will watch a gods fight :")

Kimi

Holland
December 26, 2006, 08:53 AM
since when have the taglines for the next chapter ever been reliable? remember last weeks "omnipotent ruler" thing?

OK...you just don't understand the word omnipotent.... It says it exactly.

dj_threat
December 26, 2006, 09:14 AM
well my prediction for this coming 337 manga is hmmm....???? well i guess shikamaru wil manage to stop two more of his heart then kakuzu would try to stop hidan from killing him as for naruto probably two more episodes before he completes his new jutsu .[br]Posted on: December 26, 2006, 09:12:51 AM_________________________________________________i meant shika would manege to stop 2 more of kakuzu's heart

hayoula
December 26, 2006, 09:17 AM
For the next chapter, Shikamaru will reveal what he has learnt about Hidan's jutsu, and probably what Asuma said to him before he died.

Smubeht
December 26, 2006, 10:15 AM
As far as saying that Shikamaru stabbing Hidan 3x more to kill off the ghosts(who I also believe share same blood), you have to realize.

1) Hidan and Kakuzu are partners
2) Kakuzu with that Iron body technique would never really think someone can get his blood
3) In the case someone did, it would not be Hidan, and tricking Hidan into drinking Kakuzu's blood is a task in itself that most would not think of.

The reason that it is working is because they are split up, and the plan that is totally unexpected worked. This plan of splitting them up after stealing Kakuzu's blood and feeding this blood to Hidan.

Akatsuki or not, most would not realize this ploy, because it seems very impossible to do. Stealing blood from a guy who has an Iron body jutsu. Somehow managing to get blood on the spear without getting hit yourself. These are things that would not appear to be possible by Akatsuki and since they didn't realize it, they are doomed. Just because they are Akatsuki does not make them invincible. Granted they are strong Ninja. It is taking 4 people to kill off 2 of them, including Kakashi. If you think about fairness, it is basically the strongest Jounin with what is probably the smartest member in Konoha in Shikamaru. Combined that is deadly alone, Chouji and Ino are completely useless as far as we have seen. Wow Ino got in an eagle and spotted them. Although that was necessary for preparing, she is a useless combatant. Either she needs to be developed or she will always be third rate. Chouji I am disappointed with. After that sound fight, I expected more from him on a normal basis. Granted he used pills, it would have been nice to see a bigger role. Hopefully we see some action from there too. A person like Sakura or Rock Lee would have been good against Kakuzu and Hidan. Shikamaru had them frozen for a it, have Sakura and Rock Lee pound away. A few of those Tsunade learnt punches and these guys as strong as they are won't be moving much.

As far as someone making a reply to me about badmouthing Kakashi. I did no such thing. Kakashi is my favorite character. I am just disappointed that Kakuzu is completely running this battle. As far as it being a KB. I hope it is, would be nice to see more action from Kakashi.

I think Naruto and co will not show up. If people are showing up it may be a different team. Gai's Team for the sake that Kakashi is there. Or Kurenai's team for the sake of Asuma. It doesn't seem that backup is really needed at this point, they may come in time to help bring people back to Konoha.

SiretaInDisguise
December 26, 2006, 12:26 PM
Akatsuki or not, most would not realize this ploy, because it seems very impossible to do. Stealing blood from a guy who has an Iron body jutsu. Somehow managing to get blood on the spear without getting hit yourself. These are things that would not appear to be possible by Akatsuki and since they didn't realize it, they are doomed. Just because they are Akatsuki does not make them invincible. Granted they are strong Ninja. It is taking 4 people to kill off 2 of them, including Kakashi. If you think about fairness, it is basically the strongest Jounin with what is probably the smartest member in Konoha in Shikamaru.

Hmm... interesting philosophy there, but at the same time I feel we're underestimating Akatsuki. We haven't seen much from Hidan or Kakuzu combat wise; do you remember how long it was before we saw anything remotely combat like from Kakuzu in the first place? We've only ever seen Hidan use one technique, and Kakuzu's just been telling us stories and not actually fighting. Yes, we found out he could use earth, lightning, fire, and water elemental jutsus. We found out he has a bunch of hearts, and can dissconnected areas of his body as well as harden his body. We know Hidan can take someone's blood, make a religious symbol in his own blood, and transfer any attack done to himself onto that person. When you think about it, they haven't really done much of ANYTHING at all; it's almost like they've been toying with them, letting themselves get hurt and stuck in situations, which, considering they're personalities, really dont' seem that far off from the truth :/

If anything, I think Hidan has a few more things up his sleeves. Remember when Shikamaru cornered him in the trees? His cloak lifted up, and he had containers of some sort underneath. What do you think those are for? I doubt Kishimoto drew those for no reason, and I doubt they're just decoration for his uniform. And I can't help but think that Kishimoto has some major plans for Hidan later. We had practically an entire chapter dedicated to Hidan showing his distrust in the Akatsuki Leader, his distaste for the goals of Akatsuki, and him basically proclaiming he will not giving his all to the organization, since they are fighthing for things he doesn't believe in or agree with (that make him sick and angry). Although we learned a lot in that chapter about Akatsuki's goals, what was the point in having Hidan so adamentaly object the goals of the organization? There has to be a reason that was done, and I suspect Hidan will end up leaving the organization or betraying them in someway later down the line.

Just my own take on things, though.

Askia
December 26, 2006, 01:49 PM
I agree. I never considered this, and I will read back some chapters and look for some clues regarding Hidan and Akatsuki. Good catch. O.k. I did some back reading, and now I kind of agree. Shikamaru mentions that he is not going to mess up the order this time, and after saying that, he uses Hidan to attack Kakuzu in chapter 333. I now beleive that Kakuzu will die before Hidan, but I can't see Hidan getting away when everything has built up to him being killed. After Kakuzu is killed, Konoha(with or without reinforcements) will gang up on Hidan. After he takes some blows, he will bow out and sell out Akatsuki to Konoha, then he will be killed, or his head will be cut off and be sent to solitary confinment with just his head. I have no idea who the reinforcements will be. If it is Naruto, he will not, I repeat he will not use his jutsu. But it will be interesting with Yamato showing up. If Kureni shows up, the battle will become nothing but emotions. It would be tight to see some of the best thinkers fighting together(Kakashi, Shikamaru, Shino). Also Hinata can cut off the chakra flow between the hearts, and that would be tight too, and she can observe Hidan's chakra flow as well. Shino can drain chakra. Me personaly, I would like to see Kurenai's team. With Kurenai's gengutsu, it would be amazing to see how her team works together shoulder and shoulder instead of Kurenai being a teacher, not to think of Kakashi and Shikamaru who would be able to formulate plans with them altogether. Come on, think of the possibilities. Now, don't you think that would be tight. I know most of us want to see Naruto, but cmon, you that would be tight. Besides I want Naruto to train and not get cut off. I need to do more back reading to see if there are any clues regarding which team might show up.

A little off topic. I think naruto with this new jutsu is gonna teach Naruto discipline. If he becomes more disciplined, then we will be able to see the fruits of the training with Jaraiya. Maybe some coo looking naruto exclusive taijutsu like in the opening cinematics of the new naruto fillers. We might see him summon different frogs. The possibilities are endless if he learns discipline, and thats what I'm hoping for out of the traning for the new jutsu than just the new jutsu itself.

malkaze_sama
December 26, 2006, 03:51 PM
hell yeah thats what im talking about kurenai's team needs to come off i always knew shino was strong but i never really seen them work together as a team plus with kurenai yeah thats going to be omega sick i want to know how far hinata can see

it would make sence if naruto when his new jutsu learned it teaches him to be more calm probaly cause the level of concentration its taking

Boone
December 26, 2006, 04:08 PM
Hmm... interesting philosophy there, but at the same time I feel we're underestimating Akatsuki. We haven't seen much from Hidan or Kakuzu combat wise; do you remember how long it was before we saw anything remotely combat like from Kakuzu in the first place? We've only ever seen Hidan use one technique, and Kakuzu's just been telling us stories and not actually fighting. Yes, we found out he could use earth, lightning, fire, and water elemental jutsus. We found out he has a bunch of hearts, and can dissconnected areas of his body as well as harden his body. We know Hidan can take someone's blood, make a religious symbol in his own blood, and transfer any attack done to himself onto that person. When you think about it, they haven't really done much of ANYTHING at all; it's almost like they've been toying with them, letting themselves get hurt and stuck in situations, which, considering they're personalities, really dont' seem that far off from the truth :/

Why can't the Akatsuki be outsmarted. Yes just because they are s-class missing nins doesn't mean they are the ultimate. Shika has already shown that he picks up on their jutsus qiuck so if anyone is being undereastemanted I think its Konoha right now. And why can't this be the end for Kakuzu, he never said you had to destroy all the hearts so what if his "real" heart is destroyed and he dies. Is that not what would happen anyways? Just look at Sasori who died when his true heart was pierced. And why do they have to have a full bag of tricks? Hiden is immortal, so why wouldn't his voo-doo jutsu be good enough. He appearantly hasn't faced off with someone who can counter him so why exactly would he need more. I think we may give them to much credit. Again yes they are cool badass S-class missing nins but there are shinobis would can rival them. And about the Hidan turning on Akatsuki, well theres always a disgruntled bad guy who doesn't completely like the plan but still has nothing better to do, and c'mon these guys are all from different villages so they are going to have some problems getting along.

Anyways now for my prediction:
I think this chapter will not have Naruto in it and no reinforcements. I think it will be the finishing off of Kakuzu. And the team will then shift their focus onto Hidan. And maybe, just maybe we will see something if only a little from Ino and Choji. It seems a little pointless for them to be there. As for the exsposive tags it may be to keep Hidan in one spot or for Shika to get out and set them off. I just hope it is as good as the last chapter.

Askia
December 26, 2006, 04:17 PM
I did some more back reading, and in chapter 318, while Kakuzu and Hidan are arguing, Kakuzu mentions that Hidan will kill him on of these days. I beleive that this is a forshadow to what is happening now. It is confirmed in my mind. Kakuzu will die before Hidan unless they die together, and I doubt that. I think Kakuzu will die sooner than we think. I agree with William about underestimating Konoha. This is Shikamru's revenge, not Akatski's time to shine.

p.s. Im really starting to think Kurenai s pregnant. And I'm starting to think the Akatsuki leader i a sarutobi, Asuma's brother, Kohonamaru's father.

Bartserk
December 26, 2006, 04:22 PM
I think some people are confusing here. Kakuzu only has 1 type of blood. The hearts pump the blood, but don't have a blood of their own. Once Hidan has drink Kakuzu's blood, they are automatically connected. The stab he delivered into his chest has pierced Kakuzu into the same exact point. If he had a heart there, then 3 hearts left to go. But else, it would have been a regular stab in the chest, perhaps pierced through his lungs which would make it very difficult for him to breathe. Perhaps shikamaru has noticed where Kakuzu has his hearts located and is planning to stab Hidan from the back to pierce those points. Oh, and still we have to see a bit of Chouji's devastating strength and Ino's new abilities!

P.S - Dammit, I just knew there were no Jump this week. Too bad :(

SiretaInDisguise
December 26, 2006, 04:39 PM
Why can't the Akatsuki be outsmarted. Yes just because they are s-class missing nins doesn't mean they are the ultimate. Shika has already shown that he picks up on their jutsus qiuck so if anyone is being undereastemanted I think its Konoha right now. And why can't this be the end for Kakuzu, he never said you had to destroy all the hearts so what if his "real" heart is destroyed and he dies. Is that not what would happen anyways? Just look at Sasori who died when his true heart was pierced. And why do they have to have a full bag of tricks? Hiden is immortal, so why wouldn't his voo-doo jutsu be good enough. He appearantly hasn't faced off with someone who can counter him so why exactly would he need more. I think we may give them to much credit. Again yes they are cool badass S-class missing nins but there are shinobis would can rival them. And about the Hidan turning on Akatsuki, well theres always a disgruntled bad guy who doesn't completely like the plan but still has nothing better to do, and c'mon these guys are all from different villages so they are going to have some problems getting along.

Well, I'm just going on my own feelings :/ I think they can be outsmarted (which they already have been), and they can be defeated (like Sasori), but I don't see how it could end now.

And I doubt Hidan is really 'immortal'. Kakuzu already stated that no one is really immortal, which leads me to believe there is some weakness in Hidan's 'immortality'. Like, this is just an example and I'm not saying this is it, but perhaps if you rid him of his rosary he can't use his sacrifical techniques and he becomes simply a man like any other man? If there was something that simple, then he'd have to have back up techniques and defenses for when these situations happen (like with Kakuzu's "Oh, you stabbed my defenses, surrpise, I have 5 hearts" deal). I doubt he's been 'immortal' all his life, so there is also the things he learned and knew BEFORE he became 'immortal'.

And it wasn't a problem getting along with everyone else. Hidan stated he didn't believe in Akatsuki's reasons (fighting for money and power goes agaisnt his religion), and that he didn't plan on giving his all to the group. Quotes from chapter 329:

Hidan: You bastard, are you saying that to make fun of/undermind me?

Leader: *talks about reasons for war*

Hidan: No one is listening to you talk on and on! I have my own way of doing things, and I have my own goals too. I have no intention of giving everything to this group.

Leader: *goes on about how he must fight for Akatsuki's goals if he is a member*

Hidan: No matter how cool you act, the "goals" of Akatuski has become "gathering money"! Just like Kakuzu... the type of reason to fight that I hate the most!

Leader: *goes on about goals*

Hidan: Next to Tobi I'm the newest member, so I've never heard anythign abotu these goals from you! Sneaking around when I'm not there....

So basically, I see that as Hidan holding no trust in the organization, let alone it's leader. He doesn't believe in what they're fighting for (he goes on to call it retarded), he severly dislikes how they go about things, and he has his own goals and reasons for doing what he's doing. It sounds to me like Hidan is working for himself, and not the organziation-- meaning when he gets what he wants/sees he won't get it from them/they get in his way, he'll leave/betray them. Of course, this is just my own interpretation and its open to debate.

And aso for Shikamaru's Revenge:

Yes, this is about Shikamaru's revenge-- well, Team 10's revenge-- and I'm not saying it's time for Akatsuki to shine. Actually, I think Kakuzu will die here, and that Hidan's going be forced into retreating (since, to our knowledge, they can't kill him)/be taken captive. But I don't see a full out 'kill them both' situation so much as a defeat. :/ Maybe that's just me.

aznhotbod
December 26, 2006, 05:51 PM
well it certainly fits the previous mold. One injured and one dead (Deidara was able to escape and Sasori killed). Sakura + Choyba certainly aint as strong as Kakashi + the useless bunch (against Kakuzu).

If the lungs or other organs of Kakuzu gets damanged, its even perhaps more damaging (that is if he could call back a monster and use its heart). Impaired lungs hardly suitable for combating.

SiretaInDisguise
December 26, 2006, 06:15 PM
Sakura + Choyba certainly aint as strong as Kakashi + the useless bunch (against Kakuzu).

And where as Sakura and Chiyo killed Sasori, Kakashi and Naruto were incapable of defeateding Deidara (who admitted Sasori was stronger than him).

Just food for thought :/

To Be Announced
December 26, 2006, 07:09 PM
I think that right now Shikamaru is in a pretty good position for taking on two Akatsuki Members:

He currently is leading the team, but he has one amazing ninja and two backups with him. Hidan isn't sure what's going on and is definitely off guard as far as Shikamaru goes, if Shikamaru can catch Hidan from behind with the Kagemane, then he can copy the motions of stabbing himself in the four remaining (Or is it 3) hearts so Hidan will stab himself, essentially killing Kakuzu, but for some reason I don't think it's that simple.

Also, I don't know how he did it but the Explosive tag setup was great just incase Hidan tries to run away recklessly or if someone like Kakuzu tries to interfere he has some kind of defense for himself.

This chapter is supposed to be called "Shikamaru's Skills" or something like that, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

It's funny that he's still a Chuunin, I'd think Tsunade would promote him to Jounin. :blink

PS: Chouji and Ino should just go have sex behind a bush, because they're about as useful doing that as they are now. Kakashi and Shikamaru are the only ones doing shit. :notrust

Askia
December 26, 2006, 09:13 PM
And where as Sakura and Chiyo killed Sasori, Kakashi and Naruto were incapable of defeateding Deidara (who admitted Sasori was stronger than him).

Just food for thought :/

Deidara is a coward who kept running away. Granted she is using her strenghts, but in the end she is a master at running away.

Who ever said Hidan is going to excape is trippin. Are you kidding me. This whole arc is about the revenge against Hidan. Yes Hidan was talking back to the leader, but that does not mean that Hidan is going to be some big plot twister against Akatsuki. His character is not that big. I think him playing a major part in killing Kakuzu(more details in my previous post) is betraying Akatsuki, and I think him giving up info on Akatsuki(explained more in my previous post), is a pretty big betrayel enough on its own don't you think. Some people have some super emotional post that make no kind of sense, or logic. Just emotions of what they want to happen.

SiretaInDisguise
December 26, 2006, 09:35 PM
Deidara is a coward who kept running away. Granted she is using her strenghts, but in the end she is a master at running away.

Who ever said Hidan is going to excape is trippin. Are you kidding me. This whole arc is about the revenge against Hidan. Yes Hidan was talking back to the leader, but that does not mean that Hidan is going to be some big plot twister against Akatsuki. His character is not that big. I think him playing a major part in killing Kakuzu(more details in my previous post) is betraying Akatsuki, and I think him giving up info on Akatsuki(explained more in my previous post), is a pretty big betrayel enough on its own don't you think. Some people have some super emotional post that make no kind of sense, or logic. Just emotions of what they want to happen.

I'm assuming this was directed toward me :/

The arc is on Shikamaru's revenge, yes, but to be honest, if they kill Hidan now/incapacitate him, then I don't see how Ino, Chouji, or Shikamaru will be needed throughout the manga. They're point will be over. They obtained their goal. What more point is there for them? That's why I think Hidan may escape when stuff gets rough and his butt starts to get kicked, so give Shikamaru and team 10 more of a reason to continue fighting, to try and hunt him down.

Again, that's just my opinion :/

darkstar7
December 26, 2006, 10:03 PM
I did some more back reading, and in chapter 318, while Kakuzu and Hidan are arguing, Kakuzu mentions that Hidan will kill him on of these days. I beleive that this is a forshadow to what is happening now. It is confirmed in my mind.

actually, kakuzu threatens to kill hidan in that part, get a higher quality scanlation and see.

plus, it makes more sense since hidan refused to share in carrying chiriku, which made kakuzu give him a dirty look, and thus say he'll kill him one day.

I'm assuming this was directed toward me :/

The arc is on Shikamaru's revenge, yes, but to be honest, if they kill Hidan now/incapacitate him, then I don't see how Ino, Chouji, or Shikamaru will be needed throughout the manga. They're point will be over. They obtained their goal. What more point is there for them? That's why I think Hidan may escape when stuff gets rough and his butt starts to get kicked, so give Shikamaru and team 10 more of a reason to continue fighting, to try and hunt him down.

just because a character gets development and the spotlight for a while is no reason to assume that they won't be used later. yes, hidan looks like shikamaru's main challenge of the entire series right now, but there's a whole list of naruto characters that have had significant and epic development, who may not be "needed" but are still around for possible later combat. i doubt both that hidan will escape, but i also doubt that shikamaru will be a useless character afterwards or maybe done for.

wankel
December 26, 2006, 10:06 PM
There has not been much talk about Ino. By the look at the recent chapters she has not been doing much. There is no doubt that she will play a major role in Hiden or kakuzo defeat. Maybe in the next chapter she will reveal her new ninjutsu skills or something. Bye the end of this fight Ino will be the true hero. :D YOSHA!

darkstar7
December 26, 2006, 10:12 PM
There has not been much talk about Ino. By the look at the recent chapters she has not been doing much. There is no doubt that she will play a major role in Hiden or kakuzo defeat. Maybe in the next chapter she will reveal her new ninjutsu skills or something. Bye the end of this fight Ino will be the true hero. :D YOSHA!

man, i wish for this more than anything as well!

SiretaInDisguise
December 26, 2006, 10:17 PM
I never said he was 'done for', but his whole goal and point would be gone-- and even if he does come back, I dont' think it would be any time soon. Gaara had his spotlight in Part 1, and then he came back in Part 2 as more a plot device than anything else (being taken by Deidara, dying, being brought back to life) and we haven't seen him (or the Sand Siblings) since. That's just one example, and I'd hate to have that happen to Shikamaru :/

As for Ino, lets hope she does something cool; standing behind a tree and watching hasn't done much for her character in my eyes :/

darkstar7
December 26, 2006, 10:29 PM
I never said he was 'done for', but his whole goal and point would be gone-- and even if he does come back, I dont' think it would be any time soon.

i agree with you that after this, if shika lives, we won't be seeing him for a while afterwards. but he could always develop a new goal and "point" as the manga progresses.

i mean look at neji as just one example---->he doesn't really have a MAJOR goal or point right now, but he's still around and just not seen much (which is probably what will happen to shika after this)

with where the manga is at right now, and how long it's probably gonna take to get rid of all the akatsuki, not to mention that itachi will have to be leftover for obvious reasons, it's a safe bet naruto will have a part 3 and it's also a safe bet that the characters will all develop new goals, points, motivations, and whatever else.

and also, i'd love to be optimistic, but this thing with ino (and chouji also), if they don't get some time to shine in this battle, then i'm afraid it'll be a really long time before they ever do! ah well, i predict at least that when ALL the akatsuki get involved, then many of the main characters will be pushed to the forefront at once in this war.

SiretaInDisguise
December 26, 2006, 10:37 PM
I'm glad you agree on that point Darkstar :)

I would love to see Ino and Chouji do something, but right now my opinion of them is kind of... blah. I like Chouji and Ino both, but I've never really seen the awesomeness of Ino as a kunoichi :/ She's always seemed somewhat secondrate with one special jutsu. I hope she can prove me wrong soon ^__^

darkstar7
December 26, 2006, 10:46 PM
well, from ino mentioning how she's just a basic fighter, i think the "secondrate with one special jutsu" applies. ino's just too much of a one-trick pony used as a plot device (to quickly locate where hidan and kakuzu were at).

but then again, hidan's a one-trick pony right now too, so i guess there's a chance ino could pull something jaw-dropping.

i'm hopeful, but knowing all we know about the particulars of her special technique, it's hard to predict what she could really do right now that would be useful to the fight

aznhotbod
December 26, 2006, 11:36 PM
well, even pre-timeskip she has no super trick and was only able to draw with Sakura who was by the way, more than useless back then. Ino wasnt trained under Tsunade; even with limited medical jutsu, she isnt a super useful in dishing out damage in a combat, unlike Sakura. At least medical nins are good at evasion...

Never saw any serious potential in Chouji other than the time he swallowed 3 pills.

Regarding this fight, I'm sure KIshi will put them to use somehow, probably restraining one or two of the ghost while Kakuzu possibly extract the heart from the remaining ghoul.

Askia
December 27, 2006, 01:25 AM
actually, kakuzu threatens to kill hidan in that part, get a higher quality scanlation and see.

plus, it makes more sense since hidan refused to share in carrying chiriku, which made kakuzu give him a dirty look, and thus say he'll kill him one day.

Woops. lol, that about kills my whole argument. Thanks for pointing that out so that I'm not clueless. I guess that makes me switch my whole agrument around. Kakuzu will give hidan the final blow after Shikamaru exposes the opening(this is actually my original perdiction before the scantalation misshap), and then Konoha with or without reinforcements will gang up on Kakuzu, but I need to do some back reading to figure out if he will die or not(any forshadows). We well see his beserk mode (when he gets angry)though for sure. Hidan will leak info about Akatsuki before his death.

Shikamaru has way to much character growth and potencial to turn into some miscellanious character like the rest of his team(besides Asuma). He also told Naruto that he would help him with Sasuke, and Naruto made a look showing greafulness from the heart, and Shikamaru had a shocked expression because Naruto normally does not do that(chapter 312, darkstar, let me know if I'm wrong). You will see more of Shikamaru. For Chouji and Ino, we just got to except that some ninja wil always be mediocre like Iruka. For something eye dropping, I doubt it. Maybe from ino because of her various mind control techniques, but still a longshot. It would be tight if she could use a jutsu to confuse the messages that go to one of those black things, and turn it against Kakuzu, or maybe even transfer to one, by modifying her mind transfer some how. Show some type of maturity in her jutsu's even if she does not have too many new ones.

Bartserk
December 27, 2006, 08:34 AM
well, even pre-timeskip she has no super trick and was only able to draw with Sakura who was by the way, more than useless back then. Ino wasnt trained under Tsunade; even with limited medical jutsu, she isnt a super useful in dishing out damage in a combat, unlike Sakura. At least medical nins are good at evasion...

Never saw any serious potential in Chouji other than the time he swallowed 3 pills.

Regarding this fight, I'm sure KIshi will put them to use somehow, probably restraining one or two of the ghost while Kakuzu possibly extract the heart from the remaining ghoul.

But we have to remember that 3 years have passed, and more important than that, the three of them have made it into Chuunin rank. This grants that, at least, they are more powerful than the most powerful genins of the other villages. Chouji probably can control freely his body pumping jutsu, and Ino probably has become an expert medician and has earned some new jutsu from his father. Or perhaps developed her own, who knows: all medical nins are intelligent aren't them? ;p

W1nTry
December 27, 2006, 09:57 AM
Whilst I do think Ino is smart, it was established that Sakura was more intelligent (back in the written portion of the Chunin exams) Where Ino had to mind control Sakura to get the answers to the test. That aside, though its true that they are all chunin now, its not fair to say Ino is useless, as her speciality (mind control based jutsu) wouldn't be particularly easy to pull off on nin of that rank, plus she is the medical nin on the team and is a support nin more than an offensive nin. Choji on the other hand has no excuse for not being more useful. Yes he was necessary for the first move made by the team leading up to Kakashi piercing the first heart, however since then he's been relegated to duck and cover. His size jutsu should be useful enough to at least occupy 1 of the elemental... I predict that Shika should get at least 1 more heart stabbing outta Hidan thus taking out 1 more from Kakuza leaving him with 3. Kakashi should be able to get away from Kakuza as he's having indegestion.. I mean heart problems (he is OLD after all) and we may yet see a Mangekyou in there though I doubt it. If backup arrives I would think the timelines skewed but we'll see soon hopefully.

aznhotbod
December 27, 2006, 10:49 AM
I thought Kakuzu is already down to 3 hearts. KKshi took out one, and now Hidan unknowingly took out another. Shika could possibly manipulate Hidan taking out another leaving Kakuzu 2. Kkhsi might be take out another one and the last one is left for Kakuzu to escape by the teeth of his skin (if he has any).

i still think im right. Ino isnt nearly offensive as Sakura, and her medical jutsu is probably not as good either (considering chakra control, in which Sakura excels probably beyond even Sasuke, certainly so before time skip). Makes a huge difference that Ino is not training under one of the Sanins, and without a huge drive/motivation to rescue Sasuke.

SiretaInDisguise
December 27, 2006, 10:53 AM
well, i still think im right. Ino isnt nearly offensive as Sakura, and her medical jutsu is probably not as good either (considering chakra control, in which Sakura excels probably beyond even Sasuke, certainly so before time skip). Makes a huge difference that Ino is not training under one of the Sanins, and without a huge drive/motivation to rescue Sasuke.

We don't know who Ino trained under :/ I highly doubt it was Tsunade (like you said), but who do you think taught her? Shizune, Sakura, or someone else maybe? If it was Shizune or Sakura, they're both trained under Tsunade... so I don't know. :/ I've been wondering that myself, and you offered up an excuse to question it now.

Whilst I do think Ino is smart, it was established that Sakura was more intelligent (back in the written portion of the Chunin exams) Where Ino had to mind control Sakura to get the answers to the test. That aside, though its true that they are all chunin now, its not fair to say Ino is useless, as her speciality (mind control based jutsu) wouldn't be particularly easy to pull off on nin of that rank, plus she is the medical nin on the team and is a support nin more than an offensive nin.

Ahh... well... I didn't mean she was useless, parsay, as she's useless here. I'm hoping she has some new skills or else in this situations she's more of a patcher-upper :/

W1nTry
December 27, 2006, 12:28 PM
Well its safe to say Kakashi is gonna need some 'patching up' after the battle has ended. I mean he has been taking both taijutsu and ninjutsu attacks, in some instances parrying, blocking or just plain taking a hit (ok so it was 1 kick). Plus let's face it, she's not even in the same solar system when it comes to the strength of this akatsuki team. However 1 must not be unappreciative of her importance as the team's medical nin. If you recall from Kakashi Gaiden, their medical nin was more or less useless as well being captured and used as bait, but if not for her, Kakashi would never have gotten the Sharingan. So, sure they're support nin and not too useful to PUSH the attack. However without em, you're team is handicapped by being unable to continue a mission should they take damage.

SiretaInDisguise
December 27, 2006, 12:31 PM
Not all medic nins have to weak though (for example, Tsunade, Sakura, Kabuto and Shizune).

Kakashi is in a bit of a pickle because he's already used his limit for the raikiri-- 4 shots. He's probably used up a ton of chakra, plus with the suiton technique he used. He's hurting, bad :/

juUnior
December 27, 2006, 12:57 PM
Kakashi is in a bit of a pickle because he's already used his limit for the raikiri-- 4 shots. He's probably used up a ton of chakra, plus with the suiton technique he used. He's hurting, bad :/

Yes, he is, but i dont think that his limit on Raikiri is NOW 4 shots. Afterall, it was before time skip. I think that he can do more. But he already stated, that his outt of time duo to raikiris and sharingan at the same time. So from looking at it, we will probably not see MS in Kakashi eye in that fight i think.

W1nTry
December 27, 2006, 01:04 PM
So from looking at it, we will probably not see MS in Kakashi eye in that fight i think.

I completely agree with this opinion as we've seen the MS takes a TREMENDOUS toll on his body. However its not impossible imho as he was in worse shape the VERY last time he used it (to warp away Deidara's exploding clone) so it could be used as an absolute last resort... however more likely we'll not see him pull out his trump card. In addition to this, it is not very accurate, so using it on Kakuza whom moves very quickly and fending off the elementals... it just doesn't seem practical. On another note in case anyone say "well kakuza is momentarily stationary from 1 of his dying hearts" then I counter with the fact that Kakashi's hands are still bound and he needs to perform hand seals (as best I can recall anys) to activate the MS. And even if Kakashi is able to get his hands free from a weakened Kakuza, I doubt KK will stay in 1 spot to get hit by Kakashi's ultimate Ninjutsu. It's just too much of a gamble. They're fighting an enemy, not chasing one.

eyeshild21
December 27, 2006, 01:14 PM
my pediction:

kakuzu can not use earth element any more.so kakuzu can be damaged by physical attack.that is, we ll see chouji and his punch.ino and him still out of fight.I think next chapter ino ll join shikamaru and chouji ll join kakashi.

SiretaInDisguise
December 27, 2006, 02:02 PM
my pediction:

kakuzu can not use earth element any more.so kakuzu can be damaged by physical attack.that is, we ll see chouji and his punch.ino and him still out of fight.I think next chapter ino ll join shikamaru and chouji ll join kakashi.

That actually makes me think. What if Kakuzu can only use certain elements as long as the ghost that housed the heart of the shinobi who could use the element is still intact? That's a good point, Eyeshild21.

diegocfq
December 27, 2006, 02:28 PM
Since the faces kakuzu had in his back were the 'tip' that the hearts were in his body, I think when he made the shadowy figures get out of his body, they got each one a heart. So now Hidan probably attacked the only heart that remained in kakuzu's body which lead us to two paths:

- Kakuzu has another trick up his sleeve.

- or Kakuzu is dead or will be really fast now.

Developing each path:

- Since Kakuzu is not dead, the battle will be more difficult now, because he knows what they did and will probably use all of his might to crush them and go help Hidan before he kills him.

- Now that kakuzu is dead, I think shikamaru will pretend to be dead and Kagemane him again and then he will say something like: you killed your friend, and now you will kill yourself, and make him drink his own blood in a good display of wits =P.
Meanwhile we'll see the last moments of kakuzu, and kakashi will say something like:
Just because you experienced many things doesn't mean that you experienced everything.

- And last, if kakuzu is not dead, he will have only two hearts aside from his own and now things will get a little complicated for him because he has now a minor array of elements (2), aside from his own element which probably is water (he had in his back Earth, Wind, Lightning and Fire). In this case I think he will still try to kill everyone, he is fucking strong after all (he fought shodai hokage and lived), but if things get bad enough he will probably flee, being the experienced warrior he is...[br]Posted on: December 27, 2006, 02:25:01 PM_________________________________________________Also I think he can still use whatever justsu from whatever element, the fact that he lost one heart only means that he will not be able to use element aligned jutsu (for instance, if he's not from the Earth type, he can't use that Iron Body jutsu, but he is still able to use weaker justu from earth element, the same way Kakashi can use a Suiton jutsu, he is not from the water element, and probably can't use a a element aligned jutsu like Kisame does)

I think I could explain well my point of view =P

EDIT: I was rereading chap 336 and I noticed in page 17 that shikamaru has another casule with it. And I think he's gonna get Hidan's blood with it =P

eyeshild21
December 27, 2006, 02:52 PM
Since the faces kakuzu had in his back were the 'tip' that the hearts were in his body, I think when he made the shadowy figures get out of his body, they got each one a heart. So now Hidan probably attacked the only heart that remained in kakuzu's body which lead us to two paths:

- Kakuzu has another trick up his sleeve.

- or Kakuzu is dead or will be really fast now.

one of the masks return to kakuzu' body.so kakuzu keep living.but maybe this process needs time so kakashi can escape from kakuzu

actually kakuzu seems like VOLDEMORT who has seven horkuluk(part of soul).To kill voldemort six horkuluk and himself must be crusched.And kakuzu have 5 heart including his own body.and to kill kakuzu 5 heart must be terminated.

SiretaInDisguise
December 27, 2006, 02:56 PM
one of the masks return to kakuzu' body.so kakuzu keep living.but maybe this process needs time so kakashi can escape from kakuzu

actually kakuzu seems like VOLDEMORT who has seven horkuluk(part of soul).To kill voldemort six horkuluk and himself must be crusched.And kakuzu have 5 heart including his own body.and to kill kakuzu 5 heart must be terminated.

That's kind of like Berserker in Fate/Stay Night. He had to be killed 7 (or was it 9?) times before he died.

diegocfq
December 27, 2006, 03:54 PM
yeah that seems ok if the extra hearts are INSIDE his body...

malkaze_sama
December 27, 2006, 07:00 PM
i sure do want shika to kills hidan he need a win under his belt cause most of his battle ended in draw or help came

glasskatana
December 28, 2006, 12:18 AM
A friendly reminder. Spoilers are not allowed in this thread, or any thread except the spoiler section. :amuse

plop
December 28, 2006, 02:37 AM
A friendly thought, that ran thru my head. How is it possible to predict on future chapter, without spoiling for those who haven't read till the last chap? Its their very own idiocy, if they are reading chapter xy, and come into a thread predicting on xyz

haieshwar
December 28, 2006, 07:43 AM
When will the next chapter comes out ?..

W1nTry
December 28, 2006, 09:35 AM
When will the next chapter comes out ?..

Not any faster, regardless of how much we ask. There are spoiler pics floating about, so it should be sometime today maybe within the next 2hrs if we're lucky.

jodi
December 28, 2006, 10:19 AM
A friendly reminder. Spoilers are not allowed in this thread, or any thread except the spoiler section. :amuse

Thats quite impossible, we can't predict without spoiling something ¬_¬

bax
December 28, 2006, 10:29 AM
Guys....

Like glasskatana said, no spoilers outside the spoiler section.

Well, if you think about it, no one will predict what will happened next if they do not read until the latest chapter, so they won't be here at all to predict what will happened next, so they don't get spoiled.

There are members who are up to date here and don't wish to be spoiled. Please respect that.

Thank you.

jodi
December 28, 2006, 10:37 AM
Guys....

Like glasskatana said, no spoilers outside the spoiler section.

Well, if you think about it, no one will predict what will happened next if they do not read until the latest chapter, so they won't be here at all to predict what will happened next, so they don't get spoiled.

There are members who are up to date here and don't wish to be spoiled. Please respect that.

Thank you.

Dude, sorry, what you said just don't make any clue to me =[
Let me understand the meaning of "spoiling", I think that is my error...
Spoiling is the action of creating a theory or a group of actions that will happen in the future?
or that is only predict and spoil is another thing?
now I am getting confused 0_o

bax
December 28, 2006, 10:56 AM
Let me clarify this....

It's your call what your predictions will be. It's your thoughts, so feel free to say it.

But don't bring out any spoiler materials (pics or text or anything) from the spoiler thread. There are people who stay away from the Spoiler Discussion in order not to get themselves spoiled. That is why we have the spoiler discussion thread ^^ So, you guys can talk about the spoilers there without spoiling others.

And spoiling is not the action of creating a theory or a group of actions that will happen in the future. That is predicting.

Predicting: saying your thoughts about the future events
Spoiling : stating facts of what will happened next (gained by reading the spoilers) before the RAW came out. It will just spoil the excitement of other members who wait for a week for the next chapter's RAW.

So, in short, please visit the spoiler discussion thread to discuss about the spoilers. Thanx again ^^

hearmeout
December 28, 2006, 11:13 AM
i don't think disassembling hidan would be a problem. who says shikamaru has to be holding a weapon to be "stabbing" or "cutting" himself if the hidan is already holding a weapon. so all he has to do is use kagemange on hidan again.

bloodrage
December 28, 2006, 11:15 AM
yeah don't spoil it for me .

A prediction is diffrent from a spoiler. as how that is what you think, may happen. a spoiler is something that will really happen.

get it!!

jodi
December 28, 2006, 11:20 AM
as you both said, i understand that spoiler is predict, but based in facts(images for example)
but whatever

Shikamaru only needs to kagemane and make hidan stab himself few times, but probably that won't happen
i think that hidan and kakuzu have a connection, maybe hidan is a heart of kakuzu
or, hidan will get close to kakuzu and kakuzu will "eat" his heart to get a stock of life, but it is hidan, then it is a "immortal" stock of hearts xD

W1nTry
December 28, 2006, 11:22 AM
Actually I think all the explanations so far could still be misinterpreted and wordy (perhaps by members who's primary language isn't english). So let me take a whack at it:

Spoiler: When the RAW is not yet available on THIS site and you post pics or comments related to images leaked (via another site or the spoiler thread).

Prediction: Whether you have looked at spoiler images/translations or not, and you try to guestimate what the COMPLETE possible storyline of the to be released manga is going to be.

I made mention of looking at the spoiler images/translations as imho, the spoilers are usually incomplete/fake and thus you're still guess somewhat of the TOTALITY of the chapter. Thus I believe one can view spoiler material and still make a non-divulging 'prediction' of the total events of the chp (just with a bit of insight and OF COURSE not selling out that X,Y,Z jump in and do this jutsu and that jutsu, thus it remains transparent to those who don't have your 'insight') Damnit i've become longwinded :p

Bhutz
December 28, 2006, 12:09 PM
Somehow I think once you take a look at the spoilers your perspectives on what will be in the full chapter are tainted and I think the point is once that happens then your predictions should be moved to the Spoiler discussion thread.

That said - I am guilty of looking at the spoiler so with respect to others I won't comment on what I saw there but rather on the discussion of Hidan having one of Kazuku's hearts.

Why would he? In fact, if he did wouldn't he have figure out something was terribly wrong when he stabbed himself at the end of 336? He seemed to be oblivious to Kazuku's pain that we saw on the second to last page. I am still hoping we learn in 337 what the source of his immortality is but I suspect we won't know for a while to come.

darkstar7
December 28, 2006, 12:30 PM
hidan will get close to kakuzu and kakuzu will "eat" his heart to get a stock of life, but it is hidan, then it is a "immortal" stock of hearts xD

That is a really interesting thought!

knowing kakuzu and hidan's abilities, what if kakuzu finally ends up taking hidan's heart?

hidan would still be alive, right?

and as for kakuzu, i don't how having hidan's heart would affect him, but i wonder if the immortality thing would

somehow be factored in.

the main point though is that kakuzu taking hidan's heart would be a good strategy for down the road, considering

hidan's has very high chances of surviving the removal of his thump-thump.

jodi
December 28, 2006, 12:33 PM
I just thought this

Kakuzu said he had, including the Kakashi's, 5 hearts, right?
Right. but he said in his STOCK. So, he has 5 hearts PLUS his original heart that is not in the 5 count.
so, he had 4 monsters at his back, and where is the other fifth heart?
My predict is that he has a mask in his head and that will save him now.
BUT, Kakashi already pre-saw that, and will use mangekyou sharingam on him.
In fact, he let Kakuzu get close to him, so he can do it easier, this came to me, because why wouldn't Kakashi see kakuzu walking below him with those tendrils?

JusT.NarutO
December 28, 2006, 12:42 PM
Hey guys.

Bax and glasskatana are right; This place is to PREDICT the next chapter, taking the old chapter as base; Not to say what will SURELY happen as you have seen in the spoilers. There are some people here that don´t want to see the spoilers, otherwise they could just go to the spoiler section.

I did that mistake of posting a prediction spoiler-based here, and be sure I´m really sorry to have posted it; It will not happen again, for sure. I did not thinked about the people that just want predictions, not spoilers. My bad. :(

I´m sorry, and thanks glasskatana, and bax, for make this point clear and in a friendly way. Next time i will post in the correct section. :smile-big

Cheers

:p

darkstar7
December 28, 2006, 12:57 PM
I just thought this

Kakuzu said he had, including the Kakashi's, 5 hearts, right?
Right. but he said in his STOCK. So, he has 5 hearts PLUS his original heart that is not in the 5 count.
so, he had 4 monsters at his back, and where is the other fifth heart?
My predict is that he has a mask in his head and that will save him now.
BUT, Kakashi already pre-saw that, and will use mangekyou sharingam on him.
In fact, he let Kakuzu get close to him, so he can do it easier, this came to me, because why wouldn't Kakashi see kakuzu walking below him with those tendrils?

technically, kakuzu no longer has his original heart (considering how old he is), and all the hearts are from others now, but the way he clutched his chest would imply that he at least keeps one of them in himself to act as HIS heart.

so i think when he says he has 5 hearts in stock, he was just telling kakashi how much he normally keeps altogether, and thus why he was going to replace the dead one with kakashi's.

but you're right, i could definitely see that as a trump card for kakuzu---->an extra heart/mask/monster thingie behind his face or something like that (so 6 hearts altogether IMO)!

glasskatana
December 28, 2006, 01:21 PM
where is the raw???????????????????/

Not here. There isn't even technically supposed to be a raw this week, and posting things like will not make it come any faster. This is not an agony thread.

Zhero-san
December 28, 2006, 02:04 PM
A reminder: kakuzu fought THE FIRST HOKAGE and apparently came out alive! We all know how powerful The First was and some of his Jutsus were evident when he was summoned by ORo to fight the Third. Shikamaru's shadow Jutsus + Genius mind still does not bring him to The First Hokage's level. I will be really surprised if this spells the end of kakuzu.

I still believe there is more to come from Kakuzu (His berserk mode when in a tight situation).

He may have fought Shodai but when, before or after he was hokage

eyeshild21
December 28, 2006, 02:54 PM

actually we only know that first hokage and kakuzu fought.BUT what happened to this fight?

maybe first hokage destroyed four of kakuzu's heart and kakuzu escaped.I think kakuzu

wanted to steal his heart but he couldn'T. this means if he couldn'T steal ,first hokage must

have crushed some of kakuzu's heart. first and shika is not the same level but shika with

kakashi and backup will be naruto.

shika+naruto+kakashi>first hokage >kakuzu

LadyHatake
December 28, 2006, 03:33 PM
Guys, please take this thread seriously. Other mods have already posted reminders in here to stay on topic and to not post spam agonizing about the missing raw. We don't know when the raw will surface; it may not be until next week for all we know. Still, this thread was create for you to post predictions about the upcoming chapter. Spam and off-topic posts will be deleted. If too much of this occurs, the thread will be locked.

holmes221
December 28, 2006, 10:29 PM

mmm can a dead person become a Hokage?
my point is..if the First already died, will he be nominated as hokage?
so it's just to the point that Kakuzu fought a hokage.

Uchiro
December 28, 2006, 11:33 PM
actually we only know that first hokage and kakuzu fought.BUT what happened to this fight?

maybe first hokage destroyed four of kakuzu's heart and kakuzu escaped.I think kakuzu

wanted to steal his heart but he couldn'T. this means if he couldn'T steal ,first hokage must

have crushed some of kakuzu's heart. first and shika is not the same level but shika with

kakashi and backup will be naruto.

shika+naruto+kakashi>first hokage >kakuzu

I seriously doubt that when Kakuzu fought Shodai he was the same as he is now. Most likely both were up and coming shinobi and clashed on a mission. Kakuzu probably developed his technique in the same twisted manner as Orochimaru...

In any case... to not get too far off topic, my prediction:

2 down, 2 to go. Kakuzu's weird captured hearts are cut in half in numbers. Time for Ino to jump in. her speciality could come in handy with Hidan, if she could follow Shika in secret. Kakashi is tougher than nails, he can handle Kakuzu on his own. Kishi might still drag it into a nail biter just to drag reinforcements in, and we all know who the reinforcements are, it's pretty much been told to us a couple chapters ago. It's just a matter of *cough* whether he completes his jutsu or not.

WinterLion
December 28, 2006, 11:48 PM
Just a reminder: Spoilers are not permitted outside the spoiler threads. Please do not post them. They will be deleted. Thanks.

darkstar7
December 29, 2006, 12:19 PM
337 - friggin' awesome!!! :tem

any translations yet?

chocohexe
December 29, 2006, 12:23 PM
OHH theres a chap this week I thoug this week is no shonen jump @___@. I think the new jutsu from naruto ist nothing special, dont geht me wrong it looks cool but wind rasengan ;__:, ma Kishi you could have done a better thing its sooooooooo boring. So I look to next week, and I hope it will be better, a litle action from sai ;). And again my english so bad :s. I hope this is not a spoiler because chap is out. :occa

Wind_NiN
December 29, 2006, 12:31 PM
I wish the chapter was longer because it just seems too short.. T__T

chocohexe
December 29, 2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah your right is was to short

ShadowStrike
December 29, 2006, 12:58 PM
Oh the coloured page, why is Sai looking pale like Orochimaru? Are they related?

I didn't expect Naruto's hard work to be used as a protection and first jutsu. This is disappointing. I sense that Ino will fall in love with Sai here.

Majek
December 29, 2006, 12:59 PM
So who will save Shika?

leingood
December 29, 2006, 01:11 PM
is it me or did naruto do the futon rasengan without clone's ?

Khaybrother86
December 29, 2006, 01:22 PM
Posted by: leingood
is it me or did naruto do the futon rasengan without clone's ?

I think that is debatable. We don't really know since we did not see the formation of it. Personally i am going to say that he didn't. But hopefully he will learn how to control it a bit better in the near future.

pongy
December 29, 2006, 01:24 PM
How come at the panel when Shikamaru slashes Hidan's neck, the stitched/sewing mark is no longer there? Can't be Hidan has completely heal himself from wound 100% after he turned into skeleton form right?

Huggies
December 29, 2006, 01:30 PM
is it just me or is there no such thing as time and distance needed to travel in Naruto?
And Hidan probably going to blow up or something :p

Khaybrother86
December 29, 2006, 01:41 PM
How come at the panel when Shikamaru slashes Hidan's neck, the stitched/sewing mark is no longer there? Can't be Hidan has completely heal himself from wound 100% after he turned into skeleton form right?

I noticed that when this whole fight started several chapters ago. My guess is Hidan has uncanny healing abilities..And healed up quite nice in the week or so that has gone by.

darkstar7
December 29, 2006, 01:47 PM
man, the first identifying thing kishi shows of sai is his midriff, anyone else besides me think that's hilarious?

and as for hidan, well, now he can try out as gryffindor's house ghost!

godofthesunn
December 29, 2006, 01:53 PM
Great chapter, and all. I don't even have much to speculate this week, since most people have already gotten the big things...

More importantly, does anyone know when the next chapter will be released? Im more so anxious to see this battle completed.. as well as shikamaru finally destroying hidan with his clever plan

PaulAtreides
December 29, 2006, 02:08 PM
I didnt like Shikamaru telling Hidan all the plan with only a "little" :p wound in the neck; knowing our inmortal Akatsuki, if Shika tease him to use the ritual again he might be able to destroy another Kakuzu's heart.
Well, but only one heart is too easy to handle for ALL Naruto's team, this was only the preview to show (finally!!) Naruto pwning sb. The problem is...who is gonna help Shika!!, although i still think he'll beat Hidan on his own, he is a genius :eyeroll