PDA

View Full Version : Question WHOs the strongest in blackbeard PIRATES in sequence?

kanmati
March 27, 2011, 09:20 AM
for me strongest to weakest:

1.Blackbeard
2.Shilliew
3.Lafitte(expect him to fight with sanji not brooke)
4.Jesus Burgess
5.Van augur
6.Vasco Shot
7.Doc Q
8.caterina devon
9.San juan Wolf
10.Avalo Pizarro

How abt you guys?

Wisshard
March 27, 2011, 04:00 PM
^It's painfully obvious that it's Stronger. Oda usually is more subtle, but even a master designer like Oda can't avoid blunders once in a while.

One a more serious note... The top two are obviously Blackbeard himself and Shiliew, as they are set in stone as Luffy's and Zoro's opponent, respectively.

Vasco Shot - I have this small hope/theory that he will turn out to be a practitioner of the legendary art of Drunken Kenpo, and will end up fighting Sanji. And in that scenario, he would be the third strongest.

Regarding the rest, I don't have any specific opinion. Though I would imagine the rest are relatively close to each other, as I believe the Straw Hats, excluding the M3, are after the time skip.

Uriel
March 27, 2011, 08:13 PM
I can't remember well, but maybe if we compare how they were shown vs Shanks crew may lead us to a little rank.

Quaro1987
March 28, 2011, 11:06 AM
I can't remember well, but maybe if we compare how they were shown vs Shanks crew may lead us to a little rank.

cause we know who's stronger in Shanks crew? XD

wooticus
March 28, 2011, 02:27 PM
i don't think that luffy's crew is complete, nor is blackbeards.

the first two are also obvious i think. on the other side isn't zoro's great fight supposed to be against hawkeye? i don't think shilliew is stronger than hawkeye..

moreover all of those guys were level 6 prisoners in impel dawn. i really can't see every strawhat pirate on that level. they might have been gotten way stronger, but those guys might be a number to great for nami, chopper and brook.

so i believe the fight against blackbeard will involve some more other pirates. he still is the one who killed thatch, betrayed the whitebeard pirates and captured ace, in the end was the one who actually killed whitebeard and stole his dragon fruit power. i can't see marco not getting involved in that fight. i can't see shanks getting involved in some way.
and there is also sabo who was a friend of ace. he might also be pissed at blackbeard. and then don't forget that all of those ex prisoners from impel dawn did a lot of bad stuff in the past. there have to be some other pirates who share some personal stuff with them, maybe looking for revenge

Uriel
March 28, 2011, 05:30 PM
cause we know who's stronger in Shanks crew? XD
We have a better of idea of the top 3.

bittman
March 28, 2011, 06:32 PM
We have a better of idea of the top 3.

Really? Shanks, Beckman and Lucky? Or is it Shanks, Beckman and Yassop? Who is this "we" you refer to, because honestly I have no idea who the top 3 of Shanks' crew is.

With regard to Blackbeard's crew: I don't necessarily automatically consider Shillew the second strongest. Just because he uses a sword, people have automatically pegged him as Zoro's enemy.

This is One Piece guys. For all we know Sanji takes on Shillew and Burgess at the same time whilst a 3 way battle occurs between Mihawk, Zoro and Kizaru. I believe One Piece is moving away from this boxing ring mentality after CP9 who had the most obvious match ups yet.

And how is San Juan Wolf the 2nd weakest? He appears to be 10x the size of Oars, the level of power you would require to take him down would be akin to destroying an entire island or something equally ridiculous. I think people are underating the Silver Medalists, but then again they are only Silver Medalists.

Uriel
March 29, 2011, 06:01 PM
Well, at least we know that Shanks, Beckman, Lucky and Yassopp are the top 4. When they were faced with Kurohige crew it COULD lead some kind of hint. I'm not saying that it's certain, I'm only saying that could be a clue.

I'm actually always saying that ranks doesn't work AT ALL in One Piece for the matter.

Ninja_Pirate
April 06, 2011, 12:47 AM
For all we know, Shiryu was compared to mangellan in strength at ID and mangellan was seen to be insanely strong... moreover he is a swordsman and thus has been predicted to go against zoro...

when it comes to pirate crews... the first mate of the capatain has been seen to be the second in comand and also pretty much second when it comes to strength... btw i think it has not been mentioned who is the first mate of BB?? right??

Laffiti looks to me strange and mysterious.. so we dont know his strength yet but we have seen him sneaking fearlessly into the schichibukai meeting ...

kkck
April 06, 2011, 01:11 AM
I really have no clue about this. Shiliu and the new members were level six prisoners, people who could put an entire country at risk. Perhaps there is only a marginal difference between for the most part. BB has to be a real beast if he intends to keep his crew in check, all of them seem to be a step away from going ballistic at any time. What I am really curious about is how the new members would compare to the old. The old members were told to be too weak to fight ace a while back so I would think there should be a huge difference between them.

Uriel
April 06, 2011, 01:27 AM
Laffite is something I would fear, actually. And I think the main reason they were not match for Ace was Haki not developed. Maybe this 2 years they learned from the ex-prisioners. (And I'm just throwing ideas here, don't take this as I'm assuming a theory as fact)

Ninja_Pirate
April 06, 2011, 01:34 AM
Laffite is something I would fear, actually. And I think the main reason they were not match for Ace was Haki not developed. Maybe this 2 years they learned from the ex-prisioners. (And I'm just throwing ideas here, don't take this as I'm assuming a theory as fact)

Even if it has to be in a theory why they have to learn from ex prisoners who we do not even know if have proper knowledge of haki,,, they can learn it from there captain BB who seem to be pretty knowledgeable when it comes to haki... :darn

xeteboi
April 06, 2011, 03:12 AM
Lafitte is just an equal for Brook IMO after timeskip.. theyre both weirdos

LeKuaSimi
April 06, 2011, 09:18 AM
Lafitte is just an equal for Brook IMO after timeskip.. theyre both weirdos

Lafitte pre-timeskip=Brook post-timeskip does seem possible.

Jorge D. Dragon
April 07, 2011, 05:55 AM
I believe that aside from BB Shirew is the strongest. If he was Maghellan's equal he should be a real beast. Though we don't know anything about other Level 6 prisoners, so we are free to make theories.:) I hope we'll actually see pretty soon at least something from them.:)

Ninja_Pirate
April 08, 2011, 05:11 AM
I believe that aside from BB Shirew is the strongest. If he was Maghellan's equal he should be a real beast. Though we don't know anything about other Level 6 prisoners, so we are free to make theories.:) I hope we'll actually see pretty soon at least something from them.:)
Shiryu seems to me more of muscles than brain... not a good combination and thus can fail at times... :-_-

Rosebullet Teacher
April 12, 2011, 07:06 AM
Wierd how the original guys arent the top dogs! I wonder how BB met them cos they respect him enough to defend his captaincy & take so many L's(The raft before Skypiea, poisoned at Impel Down sent running by Akainu). Its a cool team cos everyone laughs off their losses:

Blackbeard = Cool dude too bad about that derivative name
Shiryu = Him meeting BB is alot like Luffy meeting Zoro when he was tied up. Hes new to the crew & throwing his weight around
Laffite = He looks like he'd be a problem in a fight with dancer like speed & silent movement
Avalo Pizarro = Got that strong guy arrogance ("Why dont you make me captain?") but Laffite put him in his place
Jesus Burgess = looked like he was ready to keep getting knocked around by Ace & his intro were hes proving his strength makes me think he'll rise to any challenge(not necessarily win though)
van Auger = That long distance shot could be the greatest feat of skill shown in the manga but close up that guns a club.
San Juan Wolf = size anybody fighting him is gonna fight for days or spam crazy AoE
Catarina Devon = eish.. umm, well...great weather we having hey?
Basco Shot = I too pray for a Drunken Kenpo practitioner. iF he did id put him after Burgess
Doc Q & Stronger = Yeah hes luring me into a false sense of security but i just think hes a useful dude to have around hes this crews Crocus

the number 3 spot is hotly contested
FuS

molecularpepsi
April 24, 2011, 12:00 PM
what we know for sure:

in chapter 440 BB tells auger and jesus that they can't beat Ace

so, Jesus and Auger < Ace (power wise back in 440)

he did not say anything to laffitte or Doc, which makes me think that they may be much stronger than we realize.

laffitte's reaction to Pizarro's desire to become captain, suggests that he is BB's first mate. it is part of the first mate's duties to make sure that the whole crew stays in-line and make sure that everyone respects the captain.

with that being said here's my power ranking of the BB pirates:

1-BB
2-Laffitte
3-Shiliew
4-DocQ and Stronger
5-Vasco shot/ Catarina devon/ Avalo Pizarro/ San Juan
6-Van Auger/ Jesus burgess

that being said i believe that Van Auger is the strongest long-distance fighter and Jesus has probably the most physical strength out of the whole crew.

i also believe than San Juan has the strongest defense.

of course this ranking is all just for fun, i'm certain that every crew member is a highly specialized fighter and Oda has done a wonderful job at making this crew one of the most elusive crews which is why they are so interesting and have so much allure.

i can't wait to see them in action!

kkck
April 24, 2011, 12:46 PM
I really have trouble believing BB's old crewmates could possibly be on the level with the new ones. It's easy to see BB as the strongest as even without a DF he managed to injure shanks and apparently survive a fight against him but overall the older crewmembers do not seem like anything special. In turn, the other guys have been mentioned to be dangerous enough to make a country disappear hence why they were in level six and shiliu was said to be as strong as dangerous as magellan.

zelllogan
April 24, 2011, 02:08 PM
It's easy to underestimate Burgess & Van Auger because they were useless against Ace. But how many characters would have been useless against Ace at that moment ?
Without an overcheated devil fruit or haki, it's impossible to touch him.

If Burgess & Van Auger are now able to use haki, then I can still easily consider them as very strong. Van Auger is easily the best sniper seen in one piece & Burgess' physical stregth is off the charts.

sh4dx
April 25, 2011, 10:01 AM
Aside from BB who is clearly the strongest, i am going with shiryu because, aside from being in level6 like the other addtions of bb crewmembers and said to be as powerful as magelan,he is the swordsman of the crew which simply put him against zoro so it's common sense that he is the second strongest in the crew because he is going to fight the 2nd strongest of the SH.
About the others we have nothing to judje at the moment, only that they were cruel,powerful and their existence had to be erased from the world and they were imprisoned at level6.
For his other members i think that most of the people underestimate them just because from the little fighting scene against Ace which is pretty much nothing because put PRE TS zoro,sanji(i say PRE TS because we don't know now after 2 years if they have control over haki) or even lucci who was a very strong villain and they will do the same against ace or any of the other logia users.I think that when the time comes and Oda will show us more about both their power and personalities many people will change their mind.

Last thing is that when we learned that magelan was defeated,even if we don't know if he got beaten just from bb or his whole crew,i think it's something to not taken lightly because we had luffy,2 shichi,iva and a bunch of strong escapees(mr1,inazuma,mr2 etc) that didn't manage to take him down.Now many of you will start to say that they were in hurry to got to Marineford,but Oda could clearly made the escape team(luffy,croc,jinbe,iva) to teamup and beat magelan and it would be nothing "crazy" to have 4 strong fighters against the Chief Warden of the ID, but instead he choose to let bb and propably his crew to do it,which tells a lot about their power.

molecularpepsi
April 25, 2011, 02:32 PM
it is very likely that zorro will eventually fight shiliew, however that assumption is mostly based on the fact that they are both swordsmen. i think zorro will fight the first-mate, who is usually in any given crew second only to the captain in term of fighting abilities and power.

the only member that has displayed first-mate characteristics has been laffitte. by putting pizzarro in his place. furthermore BB seems to really trust laffitte, shown by sending him on special missions on his behalf.

on the otherhand, shiliew is a very recent addition to the crew, and i doubt that BB trusts him enough, and for that matter i doubt the rest of the crew respects him enough to become BB's new first-mate. he seemed eager to leave if BB was unsuccessful in obtaining WB devil fruit.

of course we can't really gauge the exact power of any of the BB crew members, since we haven't seen any of them in action.

however, what we have seen so far is:

-they were able to take a shockwave from Sengoku in the war and not die, in fact they were all able to get up afterwards. (this includes DocQ and Stronger, Jesus and Auger) so they are all very resilient. Jesus was also able to take a punch from Garp before that as well.

-all the level 6 prisoners, with the exception of shiliew, had to fight in a all-out melee and the 4 that came on top were allowed to join the BB pirates. that suggests, to me at least, that they are all equally as strong to each other.

-BB refused to allow bonney into his crew because she was not strong enough, further indication that the current crew members are stronger than a supernova.

also,

-Doc Q seems to be faking his illness, he sprang up with a F-in sickle to kill WB! he's nicknamed the shinigami or the angel of death so i am sure that he is much much stronger than what he appears to be.

-Laffite also seems to be the most elusive and interesting, with his apparent zoan abilities and hypnotizing skills. he also seems able to escape detection from even very experienced and strong fighters, as seen in the shichibukai meeting.

and as zellagon said most people would have been useless against ace, there is no reason in my opinion to think that any of the level 6 prisoners could have faired better against him. however, i still think that they are all beasts and i stand by my previous ranking.

sh4dx
April 25, 2011, 02:48 PM
it is very likely that zorro will eventually fight shiliew, however that assumption is mostly based on the fact that they are both swordsmen. i think zorro will fight the first-mate, who is usually in any given crew second only to the captain in term of fighting abilities and power.

the only member that has displayed first-mate characteristics has been laffitte. by putting pizzarro in his place. furthermore BB seems to really trust laffitte, shown by sending him on special missions on his behalf.

on the otherhand, shiliew is a very recent addition to the crew, and i doubt that BB trusts him enough, and for that matter i doubt the rest of the crew respects him enough to become BB's new first-mate. he seemed eager to leave if BB was unsuccessful in obtaining WB devil fruit.

of course we can't really gauge the exact power of any of the BB crew members, since we haven't seen any of them in action.

however, what we have seen so far is:

-they were able to take a shockwave from Sengoku in the war and not die, in fact they were all able to get up afterwards. (this includes DocQ and Stronger, Jesus and Auger) so they are all very resilient. Jesus was also able to take a punch from Garp before that as well.

-all the level 6 prisoners, with the exception of shiliew, had to fight in a all-out melee and the 4 that came on top were allowed to join the BB pirates. that suggests, to me at least, that they are all equally as strong to each other.

-BB refused to allow bonney into his crew because she was not strong enough, further indication that the current crew members are stronger than a supernova.

also,

-Doc Q seems to be faking his illness, he sprang up with a F-in sickle to kill WB! he's nicknamed the shinigami or the angel of death so i am sure that he is much much stronger than what he appears to be.

-Laffite also seems to be the most elusive and interesting, with his apparent zoan abilities and hypnotizing skills. he also seems able to escape detection from even very experienced and strong fighters, as seen in the shichibukai meeting.

and as zellagon said most people would have been useless against ace, there is no reason in my opinion to think that any of the level 6 prisoners could have faired better against him. however, i still think that they are all beasts and i stand by my previous ranking.

with your logic that zoro will fight the first mate,leaves shiryu a beast as iva told who is pretty much equal to magelan to fight someone else which will NOT happen because the only swordsman aside from zoro is brook and there is no way for him to stand against shiryu even for 1 minute even after the timeskip ,SO there is no point to say that shiryu will not fight with zoro because he is not the first mate aswell to say that bb will not trust him to be the first mate just because he is not as old as the other crewmembers BUT shiryu saved them at ID and my friend now 2 years have passed so we don't know.Anyway i don't think time matter so much to trust someone because luffy for example declare war to the WG for Robin and she was in the crew not even for a month,or Wb who fought against the marines and shichi for ace who was in his ship only a couple of years.And don't say that bb isn't like luffy and wb it doesn't matter how long you are in the crew.The point is that shiryu is CLEARLY the 2nd strongest and the only reason is because zoro is destined to fight him either he is or not the 1st mate it doesn't really matters and i think it doesn't need to be discussed.Even the incoming of shiryu was pretty much like zoro who was captured by the marines.If there is even a person that thinks tha shiryu will not fight zoro and that he is the 2nd strongest i think that he must pay more attention.

About the others i already said that we can say anything because we have yet to see something from them BUT aside from taking sengoku's shockwave and being pretty much unharmed,and even killing a half dead wb.The only thing we know is that either bb or all the crew beat magelan to death.

Ninja_Pirate
April 25, 2011, 03:05 PM

I think you meant to be second in command... how cud the first mate be changed :p ... its not a position in crew...;)

Not supernova .. particularly bonney :)

The point is that shiryu is CLEARLY the 2nd strongest and the only reason is because zoro is destined to fight him either he is or not the 1st mate it doesn't really matters and i think it doesn't need to be discussed.

He is not so clear to be the 2nd strongest and thats why the discussion is going on :) .... He might be.. but not sure... i still think laffitte cud b strong.. he seems to be as weired as doflamingo .... and yes it has been said that Shiryu is as fearsome as mangellan.. but i think thats bcoz of his cruel nature and killer intent rather than bcoz he is strong... otherwise why was he held in the prison and also didn't directly go berserk coming out of the prison and rather listened to Mangellan quietly and in front of him pretty much agreed to orders...

But still yes.. being a swordsmen make him a natural rival of zoro and i wud like to see them fighting for sure... and getting shiryu s ass kicked by zoro :)

sh4dx
April 25, 2011, 03:18 PM
I think you meant to be second in command... how cud the first mate be changed :p ... its not a position in crew...;)

Not supernova .. particularly bonney :)

He is not so clear to be the 2nd strongest and thats why the discussion is going on :) .... He might be.. but not sure... i still think laffitte cud b strong.. he seems to be as weired as doflamingo .... and yes it has been said that Shiryu is as fearsome as mangellan.. but i think thats bcoz of his cruel nature and killer intent rather than bcoz he is strong... otherwise why was he held in the prison and also didn't directly go berserk coming out of the prison and rather listened to Mangellan quietly and in front of him pretty much agreed to orders...

But still yes.. being a swordsmen make him a natural rival of zoro and i wud like to see them fighting for sure... and getting shiryu s ass kicked by zoro :)

well with the same logic why wouldn't jinbe or croc who where both shichi fought against magelan?or both with iva and luffy team up and beat him?This is not something to really talk about.Sure lafite aswell all the other crewmembers of bb seems quite powerful but i think it's common sense that zoro the 2nd strongest and swordsman will fight the 2nd strongest and swordsman of the bb crew who is shiryu.It's like saying that bb who is the captain and he'll fight with luffy isn't the strongest which is dumb...

Ninja_Pirate
April 25, 2011, 03:41 PM
well with the same logic why wouldn't jinbe or croc who where both shichi fought against magelan?or both with iva and luffy team up and beat him?This is not something to really talk about.Sure lafite aswell all the other crewmembers of bb seems quite powerful but i think it's common sense that zoro the 2nd strongest and swordsman will fight the 2nd strongest and swordsman of the bb crew who is shiryu.It's like saying that bb who is the captain and he'll fight with luffy isn't the strongest which is dumb...
Croc is a DF user ... We dont know if jinbei alone cud have handled mangellan... also i remember he came to the prison by choice (not sure of this one)....
About luffy iva i wud say... they cudnt have handled magellan together i guess... Also that time luffy cudnt have teamed up wid anyone to stay and fight someone as strong as mangellan... since there was a time constraint /... and he has to make a run..
According to your logic every second strongest member in the crew should be a swordsmen... :blink...just bcoz Shiryu is a swordsmen doesnt make him 2nd strongest.... we have even not seen his swordsman skill to an extent that we cud come to a conclusion.. moreover we have not seen even others skills properly... we are speculating ... lets do that rather than jumping to conclusions.. :)

molecularpepsi
April 25, 2011, 03:56 PM
Shiliew is without doubt one of the most interesting characters in One piece especially in his design... he reminds me a lot of M. Bison from street fighter!

i think that everyone can agree that shiliew is a beast, however we can say the same about everyone else in the BB crew.

i predict, that Laffitte is much stronger than even Shiliew!
i know all the zorro fans out there want to see him kick shiliew's ass but being a strong swordsman does not necessarily mean that you will figh zorro.

i mean Zorro is currently fighting Hordy Jones instead of Hyozo.

Oda may choose to have the 2 fight sometime in the future, but it all really depends on what will work for the storyline.

anyway, i apologize for getting off topic, we're not discussing mugiwara/Bb match-ups, but rather the strongest BB pirates in sequence.

i just believe that Laffitte and Doc Q are a lot stronger than what people give them credit.

sh4dx
April 25, 2011, 06:11 PM
Croc is a DF user ... We dont know if jinbei alone cud have handled mangellan... also i remember he came to the prison by choice (not sure of this one)....
About luffy iva i wud say... they cudnt have handled magellan together i guess... Also that time luffy cudnt have teamed up wid anyone to stay and fight someone as strong as mangellan... since there was a time constraint /... and he has to make a run..
According to your logic every second strongest member in the crew should be a swordsmen... :blink...just bcoz Shiryu is a swordsmen doesnt make him 2nd strongest.... we have even not seen his swordsman skill to an extent that we cud come to a conclusion.. moreover we have not seen even others skills properly... we are speculating ... lets do that rather than jumping to conclusions.. :)

you didn't get my point.i never said that the second strongest of a crew must be a swordsman,i said that if zoro who IS a swordsman and is the second strongest of the SH crew is destined to fight the swordsman of the bb crew who is shiryu,that alone put shiryu to the list of being the second strongest of the crew.Don't get confused.
About the ID incident i just gave an example,don't just rush and post you should read the post better.
[hr]

Shiliew is without doubt one of the most interesting characters in One piece especially in his design... he reminds me a lot of M. Bison from street fighter!

i think that everyone can agree that shiliew is a beast, however we can say the same about everyone else in the BB crew.

i predict, that Laffitte is much stronger than even Shiliew!
i know all the zorro fans out there want to see him kick shiliew's ass but being a strong swordsman does not necessarily mean that you will figh zorro.

Oda may choose to have the 2 fight sometime in the future, but it all really depends on what will work for the storyline.

anyway, i apologize for getting off topic, we're not discussing mugiwara/Bb match-ups, but rather the strongest BB pirates in sequence.

i just believe that Laffitte and Doc Q are a lot stronger than what people give them credit.

All of them are strong but,there is no logic for lafite to be stronger than shiryu for the only reason that in the SH someone MUST defeat him, and the only swordsmen in the crew are zoro and brook.For brook there is no way to even stand against shiryu even for 2 minutes even after the TS,so it leaves only zoro to handle him.Just simple
[hr]

molecularpepsi
April 26, 2011, 01:09 AM
you didn't get my point.i never said that the second strongest of a crew must be a swordsman,i said that if zoro who IS a swordsman and is the second strongest of the SH crew is destined to fight the swordsman of the bb crew who is shiryu,that alone put shiryu to the list of being the second strongest of the crew.Don't get confused.
About the ID incident i just gave an example,don't just rush and post you should read the post better.
<hr noshade size="1">

All of them are strong but,there is no logic for lafite to be stronger than shiryu for the only reason that in the SH someone MUST defeat him, and the only swordsmen in the crew are zoro and brook.For brook there is no way to even stand against shiryu even for 2 minutes even after the TS,so it leaves only zoro to handle him.Just simple
<hr noshade size="1">

i see what you're saying and i respect your opinion.

however, let's assume that the BB pirates fight the Red hair pirates.

will Shiliew fight Shanks just because they both are swordsmen?

most likely, if Shiliew is the 2nd strongest BB pirate he will fight Benn beckman, who, as we all know is Not a swordsman.

so saying that shiliew is a swordsman therefore he must fight zorro and thus is automatically the 2nd strongest member of the BB pirates just doesn't make sense to me.

Brook may be too weak to fight shiliew, but what about sanji?
does it have to be swordsman against swordsman?
can nami or brook match up against any of the BB pirates? even Jesus or Doc Q seem much stronger than those two.

so we can't compare current strength levels. obviously, some time in the future brooke and the rest of the mugiwaras will be much much stronger.

plus, there is still room for another swordsman to join the strawhats, (maybe hyozo?) who could hold his own against shiliew.

all i'm trying to say is nothing is set in stone. this is one piece, it is never easy to predict what will happen next.

so have an open-mind and be prepared to be surprised by Oda.

i know i could be wrong, but i could also be right as well. :)

i know that laffitte is supposed to be the navigator, but i think that he acts like a first mate, and i predict that he is the 2nd strongest BB pirate crew member.

sh4dx
April 26, 2011, 01:32 AM
i see what you're saying and i respect your opinion.

however, let's assume that the BB pirates fight the Red hair pirates.

will Shiliew fight Shanks just because they both are swordsmen?

most likely, if Shiliew is the 2nd strongest BB pirate he will fight Benn beckman, who, as we all know is Not a swordsman.

so saying that shiliew is a swordsman therefore he must fight zorro and thus is automatically the 2nd strongest member of the BB pirates just doesn't make sense to me.

Brook may be too weak to fight shiliew, but what about sanji?
does it have to be swordsman against swordsman?
can nami or brook match up against any of the BB pirates? even Jesus or Doc Q seem much stronger than those two.

so we can't compare current strength levels. obviously, some time in the future brooke and the rest of the mugiwaras will be much much stronger.

plus, there is still room for another swordsman to join the strawhats, (maybe hyozo?) who could hold his own against shiliew.

all i'm trying to say is nothing is set in stone. this is one piece, it is never easy to predict what will happen next.

so have an open-mind and be prepared to be surprised by Oda.

i know i could be wrong, but i could also be right as well. :)

i know that laffitte is supposed to be the navigator, but i think that he acts like a first mate, and i predict that he is the 2nd strongest BB pirate crew member.

well, this is random but toei at MF war when red hair pirates came set the "matchups" as "shanks vs bb, shiryu vs beckman and yassop vs van auger etc etc" but it's the anime so it doesn't really matter.
Anyway i understand what you mean and i think you are going far by assuming that a another one swordsman will join the SH crew (sure hyozou seems very interesting and propably very strong character) which i doubt but i don't really mind.Sure later in the story the SH would be much stronger but i really doubt brook will ever be able to stand against shiryu,and yes Oda may surprise us but remember that for example at EL the matchups were standard and we knew from the start that zoro was going to fight against kaku,much like at Alabasta that he was gonna fight mr1.Zoro doesn't need to fight the 1st mate because remember TB and ryuma who was not a first mate or anything.
Anyway i am sure that the 2 matchups are pretty much standar, bb-luffy and shiryu-zoro, so i think it's clear that they are the 2 strongest and we are waiting for the others to do something so we can judje about.Guess time will tell :)