PDA

View Full Version : Games Kingdom Hearts

DaDarkDude
November 28, 2006, 02:54 PM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4686/kh2wq9.jpg

I know we have a lot of Kingdom Hearts fans here, so feel free to discuss the games here.

I must admit when I first heard the concept of Squaresoft and Disney working together to create a Disney-FF crossover game, I thought they were crazy. And I was right - they were crazy geniuses. I can't believe they actually pulled it off, but Kingdom Hearts is a lot of fun to play and it was awesome "re-living" all my Disney experiences in this way, with Final Fantasy-type graphics and characters involved.

(I first read Disney comics long, long before I ever read manga, and Disney movies, of course, were quite commonplace in America here, and I watched nearly all of them when I was a kid growing up.)

I've heard that the third game will involve Final Fantasy to a larger extent instead of Disney worlds, so I'm also excited about that one as well.

Anyway, if you wanna talk about Kingdom Hearts at all, feel free to post away. I've completed the first KH game (even beaten Sephiroth - boy, he was tough), and I'm pretty far in the KH2 game, but decided to stop when FF XII came out. I have to level up quite a bit before even daring to challenge Sephiroth in that game, anyway.

Questions:

Which game did you like the best?
Did you mind the gameplay that much?
What would you like to see for a future game?

So I browsed through the threads and didn't spot a Kingdom Hearts one (surprisingly).
Though many belittle it and think it's a childish game because of the Disney protagonists, I believe the story is majestic, and the evil characters are amazing. The gameplay is addictive, and the music... if calling it music isn't sacrilegious... is eargasmic.

Anyone else here like the game? If not, why not?

Merged Threads from GK, DaDarkDude

zypher
November 28, 2006, 04:11 PM
You have beaten Sephiroth 0_o... you are imba GK

I like the first Kingdom hearts best (cuse i have only played that ^^ )
neeea i did not mind it so mutch
More disney charakters =D

weixiaobao
November 28, 2006, 06:26 PM
I can't wait till they have the chain of memories avalible in PS2 in America....
(I just want to know the rest of the organization XIII)
and I kinda beat Kingdom Hearts 2 like in 2 days, now I am bore...... XP

Gold Knight
November 29, 2006, 04:29 AM
That's pretty good that you beat KH2 in two days, movingstone, you must have played it nonstoppable o.O

zypher, once you get past the stage where Sephiroth can reduce your hp to 1, if you just keep attacking him you'll be fine. You just have to really be careful to get away if your hp's reduced to 1 and heal yourself in time before Sephiroth launches an attack to finish you off. That was the toughest part of the fight really. After that, it was almost too easy.

And since you haven't played KH2, you'll get your wish of more Disney characters in that one. I'm kind of tired of Disney characters after two KH games though, so I'm wanting more Final Fantasy characters in the next one.

zypher
November 29, 2006, 04:42 AM
Aaah thanks for the tip GK ^^

Yeah more Final Fnatasy characters would be fine to.

weixiaobao
November 29, 2006, 04:25 PM
That's pretty good that you beat KH2 in two days, movingstone, you must have played it nonstoppable o.O

I must say i was wrong it was about three to four days acctually... (but the time went by so fast that it feel like 2 days)

Anyway are there gonna be a kingdom hearts 3 ???

I kill Sephiroth in Kingdom heart 1, but I kinda busy so I haven't play KH2 in awhile (after beating that nothing guy, but I still have not yet look for Sephiroth yet)...

bleachboy88
January 02, 2007, 07:55 PM
Oh, how I love KH! Played the first one through 4 times, second game 8 times, and KH:COM about 10 (cause it was portable, play portable games more than console) and loved every minute of it!

My favorite would have to be KH II. I just loved how everything was improved (Especially the camera) and the more action oreianted battle system.
I LOVE the gameplay. Nothing ever struck me as boring anytime I played KH. Though the Gummi ship in KH1 definatly needed the work it received for KH2.

For Kingdom Hearts III, I would like to see........ The Return of Axel! Or at least who he was before he was a nobody. Also have Riku be more of a playable characther, and more all out war like when the Heartless invaded Radiant Garden in KH2.
Sorry, all the stuff I want would be spoliers for all of you who haven't play KH2 so be careful. :)

blasta
January 05, 2007, 03:52 PM
I liked KH2 the best. The gameplay was fun and I kept playing it and never took disc out till I finished the game. :smile-big I hope they will include Final Fantasy characters like you said because thats one my favourite series and I would to see some in the next KH hopefully soon and possibly on PS3.

4thHokage
January 05, 2007, 08:41 PM
Kingdom Hearts 2 was the best game for me (though i havent played chain of memories)
Honestly i feel that the gummi ship isnt needed in this series.

KH1 was a good game intself, kh2 was more cleaner and fixed most problems. Though one thing i can say about KH2 is that i felt it weas more easier than kh1 (except sepiroth)

As for KH3
i feel that the "team of three" instead of donald goofy and sora will be Riku Sora and kairi because the "special ending in kh2" shows that the next events revolve around Keybades more so than the other game/s and since only a few can wield the keyblade.

Storywise i feel that this game (esp kh2) exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds

ILUVATAR
January 11, 2007, 03:08 PM
i have taken Kingdom Hearts 1 to it's limits, done everything, beaten everyone, won everything ^_^
i have played Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories in an emulator for GBA at my PC. the gameplay was kinda annoying but i enjoyed the story :D helps a lot in KH2
i have played Kingdom Hearts 2 and i have finished it but not complete it. i have a lot of things to do with the gumy ship, and i haven't unlocked everything i could create (not even Sora's ultimate weapon)
i showed to Anax a video in youtube the other day and he heard Guffy talking Japanese..... he was laughing for the rest of the day >.> that's Anax for you
i love the combination of Disney characters with Final Fantasy Characters ^.^ i think they hit the jackpot with that :D
i can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 :wtf from the day i saw that video i can't stop thinking about it...... it's the same with when i saw that video in KH1 xD (Another Side, Another Story) damn it was cool

Gold Knight
January 12, 2007, 11:19 PM
I got Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, but I never really could get into that. I guess I'm just not a big fan of Gameboy games.

KH1 was a good game intself, kh2 was more cleaner and fixed most problems. Though one thing i can say about KH2 is that i felt it weas more easier than kh1 (except sepiroth)

That was my main problem with KH2 too. It was almost too much of a breeze. I liked the first game better.

As for KH3
i feel that the "team of three" instead of donald goofy and sora will be Riku Sora and kairi because the "special ending in kh2" shows that the next events revolve around Keybades more so than the other game/s and since only a few can wield the keyblade.

That's a good guess and I wouldn't mind that happening.

bakashijinsan
January 13, 2007, 09:43 PM
Kingdom Hearts 2 was the best game for me (though i havent played chain of memories)
Honestly i feel that the gummi ship isnt needed in this series.

I came to love the gummi side quest after I have completed everything and after playing more than 60 hours of gameplay. sure the gummi isn't needed to finish the game but it's still a pretty interesting side game for me.

yeah, KH2 is easier than KH1, tough I find KH1's Sephiroth to be much harder than KH2's.Or maybe it's just me.

As for KH3

I was thinking that the next one would reveal some of the Keyblade's mysteries or maybe it's all in the past, like how the Keyblade came into being and all that.
[/quote]

btw people, do you have any idea on when will Chain of Memories be released on PS2? I'm kind of interested with the rest of the Organization. ^_^

4thHokage
January 13, 2007, 11:23 PM
i never knew they will be releasing chain of memories on ps2.... where did you get this from, i am pretty interested in it now

bakashijinsan
January 14, 2007, 02:49 AM
i never knew they will be releasing chain of memories on ps2.... where did you get this from, i am pretty interested in it now

eerrrr... I got it here from movinstone's post above. he says that there'll be a release of chain of memories for PS2

Gold Knight
January 14, 2007, 03:14 AM
"Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories will be remade into a PlayStation 2 game that will be released in a package with Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ in spring 2007."

From wikipedia. Cool news.

As for KH1's Sephiroth being harder than KH2, I wouldn't know as I've never really leveled up so high that I thought I'd have a chance at him yet. But KH1's Sephiroth was one of the toughest challenges I ever overcame in any video game experience ever, so I wouldn't be surprised.

4thHokage
January 15, 2007, 07:57 AM
opps bakashilinsan i missed moving stones post...

no gk/bakashi, i feel that sephiroth in both games at the level of difficulty where you can not distinguish which one is harder. i mean in both games you just have to know what to do with the attack patterns of sepiroth. It was too long since i played sepiroth in kh1 to the one in kh2 (and im not going to play kh1 again just to tell the differences in difficulty) all i know is that deafeating both is long and difficult.

Eh i wish kh2:COM will come out by itself, i dont wanna buy kh2 again, even in a bundel, i feel like i would be wasting money lol;)

bakashijinsan
January 15, 2007, 09:46 PM
my basis for saying that sephiroth is easier in KH2 is because I defeated him WITH EASE when I was level 70+ whereas, in KH1's Sephiroth, I defeated him with ease when I was near level 100. Both with the Ultima Weapon.

As far as I see it, the reaction commands and the growth abilities, makes it easier for me to challenge Sephy in KH2. I can interrupt his "Descend Heartless Angel" even when he's too far away from me whereas in KH1, I need to be constantly close to him so that I will not miss the time when he's going to use that dreaded attack. Also, the Leaf Bracer in tact with the non-Final Mix version helps a lot. I know it does because I've also played KH1's Final Mix. Also, there's the fact that you can use Reflega, whenever you're in a tight situation.

I've retried (just now) beating Sephy in KH1 and in KH2, and I'm pretty sure, Sephy of KH2 is easier (at least for me)

fremeer
January 18, 2007, 11:20 AM
sephy in KH2 also has a trick to use if u use elixir, trinity limit and the fatal crest u can pretty much kill sephy at lower levels(some luck involved). Trinity limit makes u invincible when its activated, use it then berserk his arse to then elixir, repeat. the problem i had with KH2 was its utter dependence killing things to get stuff. Where is the dalmations, those trinity fusions u need to do and general exploring. The only time i explored was to go kill enemies. No secrets to unlock. Although i did get a mickey for everything :D
whats with kiras obsession with riku?? he sees kairi and like hey kairi sup, then riku is like omg riku i love u. vgcats has a good illustration of this somewhere

deathshadow25
January 18, 2007, 04:56 PM
I loved Kingdom Hearst 2 the only problem i had was that I haven't gotten the secret ending and I got the secret ending for the first one

bakashijinsan
January 19, 2007, 02:32 AM
sephy in KH2 also has a trick to use if u use elixir, trinity limit and the fatal crest u can pretty much kill sephy at lower levels(some luck involved). Trinity limit makes u invincible when its activated, use it then berserk his arse to then elixir, repeat.

yeah! that's the easiest way to beating Sephy but then, most players (including me) would prefer to kill him in a more "challenging" manner since he's the only secret boss that we have for KH2.
Now that I've mentioned that, I believe in the Final Mix version of KH2, we'll be seeing more secret bosses (like in KH1 we had the Phantom in Neverland and the secret boss in Agrabah [forgot the name])

anyway, I just want to say here, that after almost 90 hours of gaming, I have finally completed all of the necessary things that need to be completed in KH2. 20 hours of those went to completing the gummi ship. and 20 hours more went to getting Sora's stats to 100. and at least 10 hours to completing Jimminy's journal. I'm quite satisfied with it, though I'm quite disappointed in the last Gummi piece that you'll get after completing every gummi piece in all of the stages.
Though I wish there would be more things to do in KH, like an uber secret boss. Maybe I'll just boost my stats higher! :XD

abXIIII
January 19, 2007, 02:47 PM
KH2 was reeeeeeeeeeeeeally cool :thumbs
i cleared it in 80:18 hours or so my LV was 99 also the LV of the forms and the summoning was at MAX
also i unlocked the secret ending.
Still waitin for the final mix :narsleepy
anyway i thought it was shorter than the first game but i liked the mini games
as for sephiroth it was easy :yelling ((liar)) at first he totally floored me ((didn't equip my self with enough potions )) then on the third try i was able to defeat'em pretty easily.

Aquarius88
January 25, 2007, 12:33 PM
I've been playing this series since it started. I played through the first one on difficult or whatever that other setting was, it took me forever. XD

Then I played CoM because 1. I like puzzle games and actually enjoyed it a lot and 2. I LOVE Riku and I wasn't about to miss out on such a big story plot for him.

It took me about a week to beat KH2 which is good for me, I'm not much of a gamer.

I own KH: Final Mix, but I don't have a Japanese PS2 and Sony made the chips you can install illegal, so it just sits there with my games. ;_;

I'm not sure how much this affects everyone else, but the KH2: Final Mix and CoM package is going to be released in America. I'll actually get to play it!

Haha, my friends beat Sephiroth in KH2 by using the Reflect spell mostly, it was pretty funny to watch. XD

bakashijinsan
January 27, 2007, 04:03 AM
I'm not sure how much this affects everyone else, but the KH2: Final Mix and CoM package is going to be released in America. I'll actually get to play it!

I sure hope that the Final Mix version of KH2 reaches our place! :wtf

Haha, my friends beat Sephiroth in KH2 by using the Reflect spell mostly, it was pretty funny to watch. XD

Yep! It really is funny beating the secret boss in the game with Reflega. Reflega's just an Overkill of a skill. You can sit in between bosses (like the four-man-team of Clou, Squall, Tifa and Yuffie) then fire Reflega away!
Of course you need to time it a bit for the damage to bounce to them appropriately. :XD

deathshadow25
February 11, 2007, 01:36 AM
I've been playing this series since it started. I played through the first one on difficult or whatever that other setting was, it took me forever. XD

Then I played CoM because 1. I like puzzle games and actually enjoyed it a lot and 2. I LOVE Riku and I wasn't about to miss out on such a big story plot for him.

It took me about a week to beat KH2 which is good for me, I'm not much of a gamer.

I own KH: Final Mix, but I don't have a Japanese PS2 and Sony made the chips you can install illegal, so it just sits there with my games. ;_;

So Final mix and COM will come stateside but how will CoM work on the PS2 :?!?!

starfall856
February 25, 2007, 04:37 PM
Omg i love kingdom hearts, both of them!!
but what i didn't like is how about ten ppl can like wield the keyblade, didn't we go over the fact that sora was like the Chosen One (or something like that) of the keyblade in kingdom hearts 1...

jormundelver
March 26, 2007, 08:12 AM
I thought it was originally Riku, who was the chosen one, and then the keyblade chose Sora after Riku fell into the dark side, or something like that, correct me if I'm wrong..

I wish the FF characters had more role and original FF worlds instead of being just some inhabitants of some random world..

ILUVATAR
March 26, 2007, 11:13 AM
but what i didn't like is how about ten ppl can like wield the keyblade, didn't we go over the fact that sora was like the Chosen One (or something like that) of the keyblade in kingdom hearts 1...
where did you see that happening? can you remember the scene? i only remember Sora weilding it >.>

I thought it was originally Riku, who was the chosen one, and then the keyblade chose Sora after Riku fell into the dark side, or something like that, correct me if I'm wrong..
well actually there's not a single scene in both games that shows us anything like that. Riku was never the chosen one by anyone.
we only see Riku taking the Keyblade from Sora at Hollow Bastion on your way up there but you take it back a few minutes later

I wish the FF characters had more role and original FF worlds instead of being just some inhabitants of some random world..
if that was to happen then they could just name the game Final Fantasy Disney included :P
i am a Final Fantasy fan (otaku :rofl) but i wouldn't like something like that. i wouldn't say no though if they could put you use some combos with more final fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts 2 and not only Auron. Cloud, Squall, Tifa............. Sephiroth :drool :D O.O

rhapsody blue
March 28, 2007, 07:03 PM

Umm...where did you get this info? I went through all of the KH fansites and IGN, etc. and found no announcement of KH2:FM package being released in the US. Kingdom Hearts Ultimia (http://kh2.co.uk/) even stated that "P.S. KH2FM+ is currently a Japan release only, so please stop asking!" and that is from today's update.

So Final mix and COM will come stateside but how will CoM work on the PS2 :?!?!
Square-Enix upgraded the Nintendo game and made it 3D. The game is now called "Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories". I just copy & paste the IGN description:

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
The last trailer from Square-Enix's was Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix, which is a remixed version of Kingdom Hearts II (a.k.a the US version) as well as a title called Kingdom Hearts: Re:chain of Memories. As the title suggests, this is a remake of the GBA game of a similar name, but it's been completely redone in 3D. Not only that, but the game will include areas that weren't found in Chain of Memories before. Using an engine based on Kingdom Hearts II, the same card-based combat still applies, but it also includes the button-based combat found in Kingdom Hearts II. Interestingly enough, all of the cutscenes shown during the trailer featured only short appearances from the Disney characters.

Anyway, you can watch the trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdKZRIvkkxk) and commercials (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faLPGbxMlFo) for KHII:FM+ on youtube.

According to kh-2.net (http://www.kh-2.net/) and other fansites, there is a new secret boss, who is apparently stronger than Organization XIII members, in FM due to people's complaining that Sephorith was too easy in KHII. It is one of the armor guys (http://www.kh-2.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1174714593&archive=&start_from=&ucat=4&) in the secret ending. You have to defeat him in order to get the new secret ending and to complete Jimmy's journal.

His stats:
Enigmatic Soldier/Mysterious Knight Fight
- The E.S has 16 bars of health.
- The E.S has very powerful magical and physical spells.
- The E.S is able to perform unbelievable combination attacks.
-
kh-vids.net (http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=7735) has uploaded some video clips from Re:Chain of Memories.

ILUVATAR
March 29, 2007, 05:08 AM
*sees what snoogen0120 says in the last spoiler tag*
*watched carefully the vidoes*
*grins*
at last, an opponent on my measures...... :kukuku
and emo :wtf Kingdom Hearts Final Mix+ is so cool on PS2
isn't it KH - Chain of memories on PS2? >.>

rhapsody blue
March 29, 2007, 05:13 AM
isn't it KH - Chain of memories on PS2? >.>

Yes, it is now called "Re:Chain of Memories" - same storyline only it is 3d with cutscenes and dialogues. :D

ILUVATAR
March 29, 2007, 05:33 AM
hell yeah. cool \o/
i'll find a way to get it in my hands even if i have to get it in japanese >:) this game will be mine, all mine..... my preciousssss >:) (Golum from Lord of the rings :rofl)

rhapsody blue
March 31, 2007, 10:57 AM
Secret ending is out! :D

KHII:FM Secret Ending (HQ, no sound) (http://files.filefront.com/High_Quality_KHIIFM_Secret_Mov/;7072675;/fileinfo.html)

Cool fight scene! I guess this is the Keyblade War.

I read somewhere (I forgot) that the bald guy is Xenahort, but I'm not sure yet. Doesn't the guy who got frozen by Xenahort look like Roxas (FYI, it is not him)? Mickey looks sweet as well!
-
kh-vids.net (http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=7915) has posted an interview with Nomura (the director of the KH series) about KHII:FM+ and KHIII:

- Nomura does not expect anyone to defeat the Knight first try.
- Nomura hasn't even found a way to defeat the Knight yet (Laugh).
- It was the battle of Roxas he wanted mostly added to the game, he set Roxas to be as strong as he could (For Roxas that is) so that no one would feel as though Roxas was too weak.
- The person who appears in the armor, in the battle and secret ending is related to the new series. However the next work will not be known as "Kingdom Hearts III"
- Nomura cannot say yet if Riku and Sora will be in it..
- The reason why Mickey's back is faced towards the camera was because Nomura thought it'd look cool.
-
More interviews with Nomura and Yoko Shimomura (composer):

Nomura Interview

- A Part of the latest secret movie is related to the new series.

- You will have EXP 0 at the beginning of Critical Mode [it is the new game mode that you can play besides Easy, Normal, and Hard Modes], it's for those that might find Critical Mode too easy. It will be seriously bad for you though if yo accidentally equip it.

- At the top of Pridelands there use to be exactly 144 heartless there, however this time they have become one body. (Eh? Well so much for you EXP Hoggers)

- Making the E.S an Optional Boss Fight was a staff member's Idea.

- As for the battle against the XIIIth Order they have changed alot.

- At a new scene, when Zexion is walking, he suddenly stops as though he's thinking of something. It's up to the player to think of why Zexion stopped.

- The XIII Mushroom was an idea from the staff ever since Kingdom Hearts II was developed. Though back then it was too big to put into the game, therefore it was added as a Sidequest for this one.

- For the Roxas battle and new element. At first Nomura WAS going to put the Roxas fight in Kingdom Hearts II but due to the time consumption in the end he took the fight out. He also wanted to add an additional bit to that event, and a new form. He was thinking about the abilities that could reside around Kingdom Hearts I.

- The Music of the battle against Roxas after the battle, was meant to value the event completly. When Nomura did the battle against Roxas, he wanted to convince the people about how emotional the battle was, therefore created an event after the battle. The battle music he saw as "Different" for when he had Sora face up against Roxas.

- There are some changes in the game the staff made that even "I" don't know about. (That's what I call putting trust in staff members)

- re:COM was made more from a less justifying view first. It seemed as Nomura wanted to make the camera like Kingdom Hearts, but it would be hard for the team to fully do this, so he changed it around.

- The team also did a couple of changes for the Last Boss against Sora. I took charge for this battle. It seemed to be *** of **** of Sora. (Yes the *** were censored in the magazine)

- All he can say is that it has to do with Marluxia and it is a very very painful attack.

- The New series is not Kingdom Hearts III (Nomura wants to make sure you remember that.)

Interview with Shimomura
- For re:COM she and the team worked day in, and day out, though this was only for the battle music. She wanted to have different feelings such as "Happy Battle" "Sad Battle" and a "Terrible Music". There also something about a "Third Form" added to the Last boss. (Confused me there slightly)

- Yoko Shimomura put ALL her work and effort in the Roxas battle music. He was pushed to his limit. The battle is meant to be very very emotional. Nomura believed Shimomura already met the standards, but Shimomura wanted to push herself further.

Extra

There are two versions of the XIII Organization fights. The first one is scattered throughout the Worlds, and Nomura stated no one at all should have any trouble with these. However for the re-fights in the new area. They will have to at least be level 99 if they want to stand a chance.

BTW, if you go to the official website (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom2fm/), you can download a desktop clock. Click on the KHII:FM side (the left side) and click on the fourth link down. You will see the clock on the screen so click on the small arrows (the blue arrows on white blocks). I think there are directions on how to get it, but just click on Luxord (the guy who has #23) and continue clicking the arrow. Now you can download the clock (the picture in the clock will change every hour) for your PC or Mac. Here is a preview of my sister's desktop:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/desktop.png

erikrhys
March 31, 2007, 05:53 PM
^
clock thing looks chill.......*downloading*

rhapsody blue
April 02, 2007, 10:16 PM
Someone tries to battle the new secret boss...and immediately got pwned within 5 seconds by 2-3 hits (well, Sora was only at level 65 >.>).

youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjboh2q2Q10)

Translation of quote (courtesy of libregkd from the kh-vids.net forums):

"Aqua... Ven... Keyblade... who are you? I can feel it... we have met before... it was when... No... it isn't you... It isn't you that I have chosen... Why is it not him... Xe... ha... nort... is that you? Xeha... nort... Xehanort!"

Secret boss's attacks (courtesy of Burn Griffith (the guy who lost badly); taken from kh-vids.net forums):

Oh my, so many questions. :O Again, sorry I die so fast in the video hehe...it was just a bad run. Jumping usually works for the cannon/blade-jet thing, but not the rising sun.

The save is pretty much like that; at the end Result screen you have the option to save, the save bar gets a crown and that's your Clear save. You get a Drive Gauge increase from Xemnas' final form so I figured there was something like that. It starts you at the very last save point.

Oh, the cannon. Well, his keyblade(if that's what it is; pretty huge badass keyblade if I do say so) transforms into a buttload of things. Actually I'll just list the attacks I'm aware of now, all in reference to my weakling level 65 Sora with a paltry 49 defensealso I've only gotten him down one bar, so I'm sure he has some more insane stuff later; and I like naming stuff, I'm just corny like that)

- Rising Sun Neo - basically like Sora's reaction command, except with more range, wider, and a heck of a lot stronger. If you (well, I...I'm sure other people are better at dodging) get hit by the first dash say goodnight. You can easily dodge roll it, or if you're gliding glide perpendicular to his approach (like avoiding Xigbar's super attack).
- Cannon Sphere - the knight's keyblade transforms into a large cannon and he flips it onto his shoulder, charges a shot then fires a huge orb at you. You can reflect it back to him, but he can also re-reflect it. If he gets hit he's blown up into the air, this is a good chance to attack. Oh, and it kills you instantly. And if you're right by him when he flips it up it does a chunk of damage.
- Chain Blade - jogs towards you (easily telegraphed) and when he's in range the keyblade separates into multiple floating parts and he spins it forward to do a bunch of hits. If all the hits connect I die.
- Jet Blade - keyblade transforms into a...sled...jet...thingamajig. He rides it around at high speed and guns straight for you; once again if you're gliding laterally he'll miss you...unless you slow down. Then life just gets hard.
- Magic Seal - jumps up and drives keyblade into the ground, emitting a blue wave and pillars; if you're inside this area you're smacked with a seal that prevents you from using magic (you have a blue sealing orb on you)
- Attack Seal - same as Magic Seal, but red; this one's a pain in the gluteus.
- Binding - wraps you in an energy field and your commands are all sealed, a release command rotates through all 4 slots; HOWEVER, hit the wrong slot and you die instantly.
- Deploy Bit - sets loose 3 or 4 (not sure, I just run away and never look back) drones that fire energy at you. If you just glide around you can avoid them.

He's also got some basic slashes and such. Basically, everything kills you. And remember this is in regards to my game, I'm sure if you build up to 99 defense it won't be so bad.
-
New boss battle from KHII:FM

Just in case...

Sora vs. Roxas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvv74MjZK_8)
-
A better fight scene against the secret boss (the guy managed to get him to 1 HP before getting defeated)

here (http://www.kh-2.net/?nav=47413)

neji1988
April 02, 2007, 10:43 PM
*hugs snoogen* OMG thank u lol i saw the final mix secret ending and O_O OMG I AM SOOOOOO WAITING FOR KH3 Omg omg omg who's the 3 knights...1 of them look like roxas/Sora..but i am not sure and the brown haired dude looks like squall

rhapsody blue
April 03, 2007, 08:23 PM
IGN (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/777/777825p1.html) has posted on interview with Nomura about his next collaboration with Disney (and like it stated before, it is not Kingdom Hearts III, but it doesn't mean it won't be another related game).

Anyway, kh-vids.net (http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=7701&page=7) has posted the attacks of Organization XIII members (quoted from KeybladeMeister):

Hey guys, some new info popped up from a Japanese site on their inputs of the new Kingdom Hearts II FM+ Org. Battles!! How they got there already I don't know.

Xemnas
Simple Points
- Sora Fights alone in this battle as well.
- You can stop the Xemnas Ariel Blade attack with a few reaction commands.
- Xemnas is the most difficult fight.
- The Reaction Commands as of follow "Break it" "Repel it" and "Stop"
- He will move around completly in darkness when his HP hits below 35%

Techniques (Yes they have official names)
1. Spark Wall -When Xemnas creates the Wall, however this time you can actually return it with the command "Prevent it"
2. Continuous Attacking - Xemnas will be continuously attacking when his HP hits a certain point. (Sounds like Final Mix's version)
3. Two Katana Attack - When Xemnas' health is at a certian point, he will be mixing "Spark Wall" with his Two Katana Attack. (Not sure what this is either possibly the one that's impossible to hit him). It's recommended to use Reflect.
4. Return to Nothingness - This is the move Xemnas uses at the beginning of the match, which can only be stopped by a reaction command. He uses it again once his HP hits around 15-30%. However it's stated (From the blog posted) that Xemnas will also do the two Katana attack, while you are in this state.
5. Building Fall Attack - This time if you mess up on the reaction command, Xemnas gets a 5 hit combo attack off of you instead.

Xigbar
In KH2FM+ Final Mix, it is the same area as Kingdom Hearts II.
Simple Points
-Xigbar starts off with a Variety shot.
-You are not allowed to use summons.

Techniques
1. "Shooting" - Xigbar will go into a sniping position, and shoot at you, you must "Warpsnipe" 3 times to complete this reaction.
2. "Shot" Xigbar will fire four discharged shots, it's easy to avoid this using "Replenish". When the bullets vanish, this is because he is reloading.
3. "Charged Shot" - This time when his HP hits 70% he will fire a charged shot, dealing twice the amount of Damage, the KH2 version had. It's the same technique to "Warpsnipe" it back at him.
4. "Ultima Shot" - This is used when his HP is around 35%. He will glow blue, as various shots will be coming out of different directions. According to the blog user, just running around in circles will not work this time, mainly because the shots are in a different pattern.

Xaldin
His KH2FM+ Battle takes place at the bridge in Beast Castle.

Basic Information
- A person who's influenced to be one of the top classes, like Xemnas and Roxas.
- "Jump" will be needed for this match, just like in Kingdom Hearts II.
- His Method of attacking changes 3 times, depending on his HP.
- Stage one attacks slowly.
- Stage Two attacks more instantly, and perfect timing with Reaction Commands are needed.
- Stage Three features a variety of Combination attacks, making it much harder to him.

His Attacks are the exact same as in Kingdom Hearts II, however they will be a mix variety of speed, and weaponry.

Vexen
Battle Areas
re:COM: Same areas as COM for Sora and Riku.
Kh2FM+ = Twilight Town infront of the Mansion.

Basic information
- Vexen moves slowly in battle.
- He has a huge shield that you can't get past unless attacking him from behind, his ice attacks are also very similar to that from COM.
- When his HP hits 0, Vexen's card effect will activate only in re:COM reviving more of his HP. (Unknown to if this happens in KH2FM+ as they didn't mention it.
- Data is rising during this battle against Vexen, when it hits a certain amount, a Replica of Anti-Sora is created, and both attack in pairs at the same time, like teamwork. It should be noted that this Data bar works EXACTLY like a Drive Bar.

Techniques
Shield Attack - Vexen pushes forward with his Shield in an attempt to hurt you with it.
Blizzara - Vexen fires a ice attack at you, rather it hits the ground or you, the area will be turned into a frozen crystal.
Freeze - A lump of ice is brought up as Vexen says "Frozen!" when it hits you, you must use the reaction command button to break free, your HP will slowly decrease during this time.
Ice Needle - Vexen shouts out "VANISH" and a group of ice will spring up from the ground under you.
Ice Ban - Vexen will float higher as his hands glow blue, creating ice on the floor, Sora will slip
Diamond Dust - Vexen will generate a snowstorm, which will slowly take down your HP, the person has yet to find a method to dodge this.
Replica - Vexen will create a Replica of Anti-Sora in a certain amount of time, and will send it to attack Sora, attacking with Anti-Sora making it a hard battle.

Lexaeus
Basic Information
The battle in re:COM takes place on the 4th basement floor.
The battle in KH2FM+ Takes place in an area resembling Castle Oblivion.
- The POWER bar on the side represents "ANGER".
- When Lexaeus' POWER Gauge surpasses Sora's by a certain amount Lexaeus will perform a very powerful and fast dash.
- The stage seems to be made purposefully this way so it would be harder to dodge Lexaeus' attacks.

Techniques
Continuous Attack - Lexaeus will swing his sword 3 times, to kncok the party away.
Tomahawk Shot - Lexaeus says "Dodge this" as he throws his Tomahawk at Sora and company. The Tomahawk will first be thrown over head, and then be moving along different directions across the ground.
Impact - Lexaeus slams his Tomahawk onto the floor, and a shockwave is shot out from all directions.
Lock Hit - The Blog user has yet to find a way to dodge this, but Lexaeus will say "It's impossible to break" and a rock will appear from under Sora, and shoot out in different directions. (Not literally shoot out, just see this as the move used in the trailer)

Zexion
KH2FM+ and re:COM's location - Collapsed Destiny Island.

Basic Information
- Ability to copy other people's weapons.
- Ability to confine party members in the "World of " with the "World" book.
- His HP Is considerably low in comparison to every other Organization battle.

Weapon Copy - Zexion will copy a party member's weapon and attack with it.
One's "Double Attack" - One's double attack is when Zexion produces two books, and uses both of them during battle.
World of Black Magic - Zexion takes you to a whole different world, where alot of book pages are flying around. Zexion himself cannot be damaged at all in the World of Black Magic. The Command menu itself changes if you defeat the book that is hiding Zexion. The commands are as following "Read", "Cheat" and "Lie". If there is a person confined in a book, they can not escape until Zexion's book is found.

Saix
Simple Note
The fight area is the same.
He fights almost the exact same as last time besides the following.
The reaction command does alot less damange then usually.
His Berserk drive rises up even faster then before.

Axel
Wow...this information was rather...err yeah.

Basic information
Arcana states it's impossible to beat Axel, and ends it on that note. Oh, and the re:COM battle is very similar to that of kh2FM+'s with a mix of a few other techniques, sadly Arcana did not go into detail there.

Demyx
Demyx is everything we already know. Basically
- He hits harder
- He summons double the nobodies that must be defeated in a certain ammount of time.
- He found Wisdom Form + Fire to be the GREATEST method to accomplish this.

Luxord
Basic information
Luxord will have the same abilities as last round, however here are the changes.
His attack pattern and speed has been changed.
Most of his patterns will change depending on how much time is left.
When you are a die, the time passing will change. (Lost me on this one a bit.)
The reaction commands require quicker reacting to the picking of a "o".

Marluxia
Techniques
"Sentence of Death" - Marluxia starts off the battle by using a spell very similar to "Countdown" caused by Phantom in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. However this time it depends on how much you get hit till you die. However if you use the technique "Rob Scythe" you are able to increase the time.
"Crescent Shockwave" - Marluxia slashes with his Scythe, sending a shockwave towards his opponent.
"Phantom Saver" - Marluxia will appear to have vanished, however will suddenly appear behind you.
"Circle Reject" - Marluxia will spin his Scythe around in a circle, and a shockwave will appear from under you.
"Blossom Shower" - Marluxia will say "We will go" and petals will be scattered everywhere, injuring you upon contact. The blog poster refers to this as a "Very large range attack."
"Desire" - Marluxia will slash down, despite the range though, the attack will reach you. The blog user fiound this suspiciously similar to Xaldin, as you could use the reaction command to "Learn it".

Larxene
Basic stuff
-Larxene seems to have some of her original abilities back in this one, such as the way she throws her knives ect.
- Her thunder attack spells damage is UNREAL.
- She easily combines her attacks (The blog user found the possibilities endless, but overall annoying.)
- She can use thunder spells to easily conceal you and your party member's movements.
- The blog user found this battle very odd.

Techniques
Continous Attack - (Same throwing technique she did in COM)
Slow Knife - Larxene screams out "DISAPPEAR" and six knives are thrown at you.
Thundara - She only uses it when you have alot of HP, basically 3-4 of those same very deadly thunder spells are casted.
Angry Rush - She only uses it when you have low HP she slashes four times, with a mix of a thunder spell. The attack is easy to nullify, but it seems to be more in a case of scaring you off.
Lightning Bolt - Electricity is discharged from both hands, and she fires it at a party member only. This attack instantly K.O's that party member.
Teleport Rush - She will warp around the area, using a mix of her continuous attack, and slow knife attack.
Double Attack - She will move around you quickly enough to throw five knifes simultaneously from 5 different directions.
Cage Thunder - A cage of thunder is produced around a member, or you, trapping them inside the cage for an unknown period of time.

On a Side note
The Blog user had huge trouble trying to track Larxene, as to him her speed was almost impossible for even the camera to keep up with at times.

Roxas
Simple Stuff
- The Blog user found the battle very challenging.
- Not only was Roxas really fast, his attack power was high.
- He hates the Promotion video for making the battle look easier then it really is.
-He stated the HP was just around as much as Xaldin's and Xemnas'. (Meaning Xaldin and Xemnas' HP is around 13 too I guess).

Attack
Ground Intercept - Roxas will quickly dash infront of the area you are running towards, and slash both of his keyblades left, and then right.
Horizontal Appearance - If you are too close, or hitting Roxas for a certain period of time. Roxas will knock you away with both of his keyblades.
Combo Break - If you try to finish off a combo hit, Roxas will spin his keyblades around, getting around a 8 hit combo, as well as knocking you away.
Air Pierce - At times, Roxas will quickly jump in the air, and do continuous somersaults in order to knock you to the ground.
XIII Reflection - Roxas will float in the air, as the background area changes, nobody signs appear on the ground.

Second Important Note
Most of these moves seem like things we've already known via scans and trailers, so these may be just speculation, though it's hard to tell for now. It's also stated by the blog user all this information is set up for correction.

Important Read
I understand most of you are suspicious of the information, I am as well. I'm not fully supporting this 100% until I see it with my own eyes, mainly because well I don't see a logical way to get this far without codebreaker or having no life. So do not believe this article 100%, however most of these are indeed true by various scans.

Other Org. Battles Coming Soon

Soruce: Arcana (The user posts on their website they don't wish to be linked so I will respect this)

rhapsody blue
April 03, 2007, 10:18 PM
Info on how to defeat the XIIIth Mushrooms:

Number I
Objective - You have 30 seconds to attack the Heartless 70 times.
Best Method - Wisdom Form + Triangle Button + Shot. The reason why Triangle Button is added, is because you can perform a slide dash against this Organization Number.

Number II
Objective - Avoid the Enemies attack 80 times.
Best Method - Abuse the Reflect. And / Or Dodgeroll if you leveled Limitform enough.

Number III
Objective - Pick up 450 prizes that the Mushroom Drops.
Best Method - Draw + Glide + Dodge Roll.

Number IV
Objective - Don't get attacked by the enemy, while pushing it around 85 times.
Best Method - Wisdom Form / Final Form.

Number V
Objective - Defeat The Recovering Enemy in a certain amount of time.
Best Method - Valor Form.

Number VI
Objective - Defeat all of the appearing Organization Mushrooms in 45 seconds.
Best Method - Final Form.

Number VII
Objective - Defeat the enemy in 10 seconds
Best Method - Wisdom Form + Blizzard / Fire.

Number VIII
Objective - Attack the enemy 80 times without letting it touch the ground.
Best Method - Final Form.

Number IX
Objective - Attack it enough to make it spin 80 times.
Best Method - Wisdom Form, Rumbling Rose, Minus Combo.

Number X
Objective - Find the Real one and defeat it.
Best Method - Minus Combo abilities.

Number XI
Objective - Attack this one 99 times in 19 seconds.
Best Method - Wisdom Form + Max Drive Bar.

Number XII
Objective - Defeat 40 of them in 30 seconds.
Best Method - Shot + Max Drive Bar + Wisdom Form.

Mushroom Showdown
Once you defeat all 12, go to Hollow Bastion where you fought the 1000 Heartless, and all 12 will appear there. Reaction Command may be your friend here.

Once you complete this you obtain "Winner's Proof".

rhapsody blue
April 07, 2007, 03:47 PM
Someone finally beat the new secret boss in Critical Mode, which is impressive!

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qu7Oj6P6hc) Major spoilers, obviously

Translation by Eliefinis on www.gamefaqs.com:

Knight: I see. Your strength is... What I sensed in you is...

(Returning for rematch)

Knight: So you have returned, young Keyblade user. I have no further power to give you. All I have is my hatred towards Xehanort. Will you allow me to engrave that into your heart?

GrayFoxx
July 18, 2007, 10:22 AM
I never payed attention to the Video Game Forum, but I think will now ^^

I've completed Kingdom Hearts, but my level and such weren't that good, I loved the story and the characters. Mix-up of charcters of Disney, Final Fantasy and newly created characters from Square-Enix is great.

And about Kingdom Hearts II, well... it's a very different story, I've completed 99% of the game, I've got Ultima Weapon, all worlds are complete (except Herc's world, I couldn't finish the last tournament), my level is 99 for everyone, I've got all forms for Sora, all summons, Sephiroth went down when I was at level 60.

What I love about this game is that it has a lot Final Fantasy characters, original characters are also very interesting,it has amazing story, the battles are simply great, limits are FANTASTIC! There is so much about this game that I just love. I will return to this game many times, and it will make me happy each time. I will need to buy a PS3 to play the next games though.

If you haven't yet played this game, and you felt like doing it, you have to do it, you won't regret it, trust me ^^

Ju-da-su
July 18, 2007, 11:15 AM
Played KH2FM+ and never get pass Roxas's six days because of the war between the subtitle and the audio. (Believe me, having Japanese sub and English audio got me totally confused but not the other way around.)

My brother also stopped KHRe:CoM because he can't get pass the first boss in Tranverse Town. So, don't know what to say.

But, KH series is kind of fun though. Highly recommended for anyone with freetime, if you can stand that type of storyline, that is. ^_^"

ITACHIWIFE
July 26, 2007, 11:11 AM
i can't wait for kh3

krazykone12
September 10, 2007, 01:33 AM
lol my bro own's KH2FM+ it rocks kills the original with an iron fist, and to play japanese games on a American or PAL PS2 google SwapMagic it works wonders ^^

rhapsody blue
September 23, 2007, 04:58 PM
SquareEnix (http://www.square-enix.com/na/company/press/2007/0921_1/) has announced three KH games:

KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days
Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd. / h.a.n.d. Inc.
Publisher: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Platform: Nintendo DS
Genre: RPG
ESRB: TBD
Ship Date: TBD

The untold story of another hero.
Organization XIII, Number 13, Roxas

In KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days, you will explore a variety of Disney worlds in not only single-player mode, but also in multiplayer missions made possible by the unique networking features of the Nintendo DS.

-Twilight Town-
Roxas and Axel were watching the sunset from their usual spot on the station's clock tower after a long day of collecting "hearts" from the Heartless, as ordered by their organization. When their daily work ended, they often spent their evenings there. They talked about the day's work and other things over ice cream.

"Do you know why the sun looks red as it sinks below the horizon? It's because among the countless colors comprising light, red travels the greatest distance."

"You're just trying to show off, Axel!"

It was idle chatter between two boys without hearts.
This is the untold story of Organization XIII's Roxas.

Staff
Director: Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY V-VIII, X, FINAL FANTASY VII, ADVENT CHILDREN, KINGDOM HEARTS)
Co-director: Tomohiro Hasegawa (FINAL FANTASY VIII, X, KINGDOM HEARTS series)
Producer: Patrick Chen (KINGDOM HEARTS series)
Executive Producer: Shinji Hashimoto (KINGDOM HEARTS series)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep
Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Platform: PSP

It was an awakening that would signal the beginning of the KINGDOM HEARTS saga.

KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep is the tale of a new trio of heroes, told across three scenarios utilizing the groundbreaking technology of the PSP. Exciting new features will be introduced on top of the traditional controls, game system, and visual style of its predecessors.

The Keyblade is said to hold phenomenal power. One legend says its wielder
saved the world, while another says that he wrought chaos and ruin upon it.
—from Ansem's Report (KINGDOM HEARTS)

Long before Sora took up the Keyblade, there were other Keyblade masters. One of these masters, Xehanort, disappeared one day along with his apprentice. This event proved to be a foreshadowing of great disaster to come. Aware of the threat, another master ordered his three apprentices to seek out Xehanort and his cohort.

Staff
Director: Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY V-VIII, X, FINAL FANTASY VII, ADVENT CHILDREN, KINGDOM HEARTS)
Co-director: Tai Yasue (KINGDOM HEARTS Re: Chain of Memories)
Producer: Patrick Chen (KINGDOM HEARTS series)
Co-producer: Yoichi Yoshimoto (Musashi Series, KINGDOM HEARTS CHAIN OF MEMORIES)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KINGDOM HEARTS coded
Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Platform: Mobile Phones (devices/carriers TBD)

A Disney universe as vast as the mobile network awaits you.

In KINGDOM HEARTS coded, you will journey through a variety of Disney worlds on an exciting adventure brought to life by advanced mobile phone technology and gorgeous graphics never before seen on the platform. This marks the first collaboration between Square Enix and the Walt Disney Internet Group.

After the events of KINGDOM HEARTS, Jiminy Cricket returned to Disney Castle to organize his journal. While he arranged his records, his eyes fell upon a page with a mysterious message.

We must return to free them from their torment.

However, no matter how hard Jiminy tried to recall the source of the text, he couldn't remember. So the King digitized the contents of the journal and started an investigation. Within the world traced from the contents of Jiminy's Journal, a boy awoke on Destiny Island. It was the beginning of a new quest for a virtual Sora.

Staff
Co-director: Hajime Tabata (BEFORE CRISIS –FINAL FANTASY VII–, CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII-)
Producer: Kakuko Obinata (KINGDOM HEARTS series)
Associate Producer: Kousei Itou (BEFORE CRISIS -FINAL FANTASY VII-)

*All of the above information applies only to the Japanese version of the games announced.

So exciting~ Too bad I don't have a DS or PSP. :(

Gold Knight
October 02, 2007, 08:00 AM
I found these announcements disappointing because of the platforms. And none of these games are more Final Fantasy oriented as early rumors had us thinking, either.

Thanks for reporting it though, snoogen ^^

macherie
October 05, 2007, 06:26 AM
Oh my goodness, i had heard of late that it was coming to the DS and got me really excited. I didn't get the chance to play the first one, but from the times i played on my cousin's PS2 I really enjoyed it !
A portable Kingdom hearts sounds really good to me !

@GK Yeah i think the mobile phone one is a bit of a let down.. i dont know why they release so many games on mobile phones, esp. the final fantasy one which hardly anyone played =\

Zwivix
October 13, 2007, 08:06 PM
Well I think that a KH game for the DS would be awsome...It would be like the second part of KH CoM.

As you guys can tell that I'm the biggest Sora fan! I like Riku before but since everyone started liking Riku instead of Sora then I moved back to Sora. Does anyone really like Roxas.

Who is everyone's favortie Organization XIII member?

GrayFoxx
October 21, 2007, 12:35 PM
My favourite Organization XIII Member is Roxas :tem

I like him better than Sora, also the second one I like from the XIII guys is Axel, he's awesome :amuse

LadyHatake
October 22, 2007, 03:06 PM
I like Roxas x Axel yaoi :amuse

I like pretty much all the characters in KH. Except Kairi. I think she's annoying. Plus, Namine is so much prettier~~

Zwivix
October 29, 2007, 04:00 PM
Omg you guys like Roxas?! He is so annoying. I hate him so much casue he sucks so bad at the beginning of the game in KH II.

Axel is cool, I used to like him a lot to,but now I dont like villans anymore.

Isnt every Organization XIII member the nobody of some person in the game like Roxas being Sora's nobody (Becasue you just rearrange Roxas's name and its Sora with an X, I knew a couple more but I was wondering if anyone realized that?)

shage1978
January 05, 2008, 01:03 PM
OBSERVING XIV

*SPOILER*
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7870/14thdshz8.jpg

\\Take from Square Enix-development Studios

New game Nintendo DS! Anime!

rhapsody blue
February 09, 2008, 01:33 PM
Terra's keyblade animation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZuSe8Ymv3Q)

more information about the gamers are posted here (http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=40472)

LadyHatake
February 10, 2008, 07:49 PM
Omg you guys like Roxas?! He is so annoying. I hate him so much casue he sucks so bad at the beginning of the game in KH II.

Axel is cool, I used to like him a lot to,but now I dont like villans anymore.

Isnt every Organization XIII member the nobody of some person in the game like Roxas being Sora's nobody (Becasue you just rearrange Roxas's name and its Sora with an X, I knew a couple more but I was wondering if anyone realized that?)

I don't know about them being the nobody of someone in the game, per se, but I do know that the nobodies names are anagrams of names with an X added in. Xigbar's original name was Braig, I think. But Braig wasn't any character in the game =) Roxas/Sora is the only nobody/person combination we see in the game.

Gold Knight
February 10, 2008, 09:12 PM
I'm currently re-playing FF XII to finish it right now, but I'm probably going to try to finish KH II after that this summer. I also have the KH: Chain of Memories for the GBA too. Ugh, so many games, so little time. :XD

Nantalith
February 22, 2008, 08:19 AM
I think it is fan done - and badly; you can see pixels on the DS but not the screen so much. The image is very 'blocky' as well.

D3M1URG3
February 23, 2008, 08:49 PM
I would have to agree, it looks very fan-made. The image is very blurry, and seems to lack any real definition.

ddadain
February 29, 2008, 01:23 AM
Definitely fake. Pixelation is all wrong. No screen refraction. No digital definition. Color is too dull. The black is too distinct compared to the rest of the picture. Etc.

kkck
March 29, 2011, 08:28 PM
I like the game although I have never owned one. I have just played it when I have been at the place of someone who has it. It's surprisingly good considering the disney characters lol. I like seeing the final fantasy guys every now and then too.

zelllogan
March 31, 2011, 02:51 PM
Surprisingly coherent unverse , fun interraction with Disney & Squaresoft characters ... but poor battle system (Big camera issue & all you do is press buttons like a maniac).

KH2 was available at the same time as Suikoden 5 & S5 is one of my favs games. So, KH2 didn't do that big of an impression on me

warbandit66
April 01, 2011, 03:41 PM
They need to hurry up and make Kingdoms Hearts 3, it's been far too long. Square keep peddling out spin off titles in the series that they crowbar into the main continuity.

Hanihime
April 03, 2011, 09:54 AM
Love the series. So many bishies :wtf
Not to mention all the ho yay :amuse

redcorpse
April 12, 2011, 12:30 PM
love the gameplay, though i only played days & bbs (my sister played kh 1&2)
the story, not so much ... it's become too confusing with everyone being sora, and all the xehanort clones also, plz die sora and kairi

phio_chan
May 18, 2011, 10:55 AM
Kingdom Hearts! *gasp* It's one of my most favorite game of all time. It's funny how I dislike it before since I thought it was very crazy to mix my awesome Cloud Strife with something as cute as Mickey Mouse. But I was wrong; it was hilarious and awesome. Great graphic, nice battle system, interesting plot; all I ever wanted in RPG. :D

Ah, I miss playing KH, I miss Sora. :O

RaveDragon
May 22, 2011, 10:19 AM
I love KH, i own the second game which is my kind of rpg games it was much more fun than FF which is awesome but KH has something which makes it unique. I playes the one too but it was more difficult and havent yet won it haha so i need my friend to lnd it to me again xD

I love how disney got involved in it all the classics seen again and you can atually take part in your favorite stories!

The story is interesting but i got confused since started from the second installation it was easier to grasp when i played the first so much potential :O

phio_chan
May 23, 2011, 08:58 AM
The story is interesting but i got confused since started from the second installation it was easier to grasp when i played the first so much potential :O

I guess so, with the Nobody ideology came to surface. XD But I think it makes things even more interesting, though, at some point in the beginning I was confused as well. I like Roxas and Namine, haha~ Such a cute pairing.

Ah, I missed KH a lot! Too bad I can't play BBS. BBS is the prequel, right? But some of my friends who played it somehow found it confusing when it's related to the plot of KH1 and KH2.

RaveDragon
May 23, 2011, 12:20 PM
I guess so, with the Nobody ideology came to surface. XD But I think it makes things even more interesting, though, at some point in the beginning I was confused as well. I like Roxas and Namine, haha~ Such a cute pairing.

Ah, I missed KH a lot! Too bad I can't play BBS. BBS is the prequel, right? But some of my friends who played it somehow found it confusing when it's related to the plot of KH1 and KH2.

I love that couple and im a total Roxas fan >< and axel :darn
BBS is yes the prequel and we get to know how kairi, sora and riku get the ability to use keyblades ^^

My friends played it me is jealous and they told me on it.

Sharikaaria
May 23, 2011, 09:40 PM
Ahhh I love this game so much!!

And I agree with RaveDragon - axel is dreamyy :)

Haha, but I can see where people are coming from with the battle system. KH1 still required a bit of thought, but KH2 disappointed a little in that respect. The new reaction commands were really cool, but the mindless button-mashing dumbed the game down a little. I also thought the layouts for the worlds were flatter than those in KH1.. the treasure chests were way to easy to find.

All the same, the story was great. Very touching.

RaveDragon
May 24, 2011, 10:41 AM
Ahhh I love this game so much!!

And I agree with RaveDragon - axel is dreamyy :)

Haha, but I can see where people are coming from with the battle system. KH1 still required a bit of thought, but KH2 disappointed a little in that respect. The new reaction commands were really cool, but the mindless button-mashing dumbed the game down a little. I also thought the layouts for the worlds were flatter than those in KH1.. the treasure chests were way to easy to find.

Yeah, KH1 was very good, difficult but required still some work with the controls, story was too good though.

KH2 was too easy, though the story was still v.good, and the combos were so fun but still not quite satisfying, hopefully if they ever do the 3 they'll get it perfectly,theyre on the right track and well 3rd times the charm xD

phio_chan
May 25, 2011, 11:16 AM
I love that couple and im a total Roxas fan >< and axel :darn
BBS is yes the prequel and we get to know how kairi, sora and riku get the ability to use keyblades ^^

My friends played it me is jealous and they told me on it.

Well, I'm not too much into Axel, haha~ Sora and Roxas are the best.
That is so interesting. I think the main characters on BBS somehow resemble the three of them? Two boys, one girl, encountering Mickey... Something like that?

Yeah, KH1 was very good, difficult but required still some work with the controls, story was too good though.

KH2 was too easy, though the story was still v.good, and the combos were so fun but still not quite satisfying, hopefully if they ever do the 3 they'll get it perfectly,theyre on the right track and well 3rd times the charm xD

I agree that KH1 was more difficult. First time playing it, I found it very hard to control and often I was on the edge of game over. Sometimes, on boss battles, I lost. XD I actually enjoyed KH2's battle system pretty much. I agree that it lost some difficulties compared to KH1, but reaction command is kinda interesting. I still found my fingers hurt after doing lots of commands and combos. XD

But I think KH2 wins in graphic. From characters to world design. The graphic is nicely done, pretty smooth. And I especially love the CGs, although I can't stop wondering how Sora's hair can return to normal so easily after being plunged into water. XD

Anyway, I think KH is one of games with best plot. I really hope I can play BBS to get more of this plot. :D

RaveDragon
May 25, 2011, 01:31 PM
^i so totally agree you voiced my thought perfectly

BBS yes is on two guys and a girl, one of the guys looks like Roxas and we get to know why i shall not spoil it for you, and we meet chibi sora riku and Kairi theyre sooo cute :wtf

Its a good prequel and worth playing, im making a friend lend it to me in summer xD

phio_chan
May 26, 2011, 10:17 AM
Tell me the spoiler, pleasee~~ So dying to know it. XD Since most probably I will not get a chance to play it, unless I steal my friend's console and games. XD

RaveDragon
May 26, 2011, 12:05 PM
Tell me the spoiler, pleasee~~ So dying to know it. XD Since most probably I will not get a chance to play it, unless I steal my friend's console and games. XD

Okay so basically our trio gets thier power to use the keyblade from Aqua, Ventus and Terra kind of give it to Kairi Sora and Riku.

Roxas looks like Ventus because Ventus due to some events dies and goes on living in sora whom thenwhen his nobody awakened was formes even by part of ventus so he got his amazing looks xD

Riku is very similar to Terra due to both having darkness in thier hearts
and Kairi was helped by Aqua (not sure how these two got thier keyblades) i think Terra and Aqua voluntarily wake up that power for them ^^

The story is this (coutesy of wikipedia);

The story begins in the Land of Departure, where a trio of friends and Keyblade wielders—Terra, Aqua, and Ventus (Ven for short)—train under the Keyblade Master Eraqus to become Keyblade Masters themselves. Terra and Aqua take an exam to achieve the Mark of Mastery, but only Aqua passes while Terra fails due to the darkness in his heart. Shortly after the test, Master Xehanort disappears, and a horde of mysterious creatures called the Unversed begin to appear throughout the worlds. Eraqus learns from the sorcerer Yen Sid that the Princesses of Heart are in danger from the Unversed, and orders Terra and Aqua to destroy the Unversed and find Xehanort. Ven is driven into following Terra against Eraqus' wishes by Vanitas, Xehanort's apprentice, and Aqua is sent to watch over Terra and bring Ven back to the Land of Departure.

Upon arriving in several worlds, Terra, Aqua, and Ven encounter various Disney characters, fighting off many Unversed along the way. One of the characters they meet is Mickey Mouse, the apprentice of Yen Sid, who is also on a mission to destroy the Unversed, albeit against Yen Sid's wishes.Terra ends up attracting the attention of several Disney villains, who offer him the whereabouts of Xehanort in exchange for assistance in their own agendas. Upon finding Xehanort, Terra is instructed by him to destroy Vanitas, as he is revealed to be the Unversed's source.The three briefly reunite at Radiant Garden where Aqua and Ven confront Terra about his actions, but he leaves to continue Xehanort's mission.

Ven comes across Xehanort, who reveals his intentions to use Ven's heart and fuse it with his other half, Vanitas' heart to create a final Keyblade known as the χ-blade. He sends him to the Land of Departure to confront Eraqus, saying he knows the truth about him. Eraqus tries to kill Ven to prevent Xehanort's plans from succeeding, but Terra, who was also sent to the Land of Departure by Xehanort, faces Eraqus to protect Ven.Upon his defeat, Eraqus is vanquished by Xehanort, who covers the Land of Departure in darkness and tells Terra to go to a world known as the Keyblade Graveyard, threatening him about his friends' fates. Ven is similarly instructed to do the same by Vanitas, as is Aqua by Yen Sid after he informs her of Eraqus' death.

Terra, Aqua, and Ventus gather at the Keyblade Graveyard, where Xehanort appears with Vanitas and reveals his plan to use the χ-blade to unlock Kingdom Hearts and unleash the secrets of the Keyblade War onto the various worlds. In the following battle, Xehanort takes over Terra's body as his heart is swallowed by darkness, but Terra's will remains within his discarded suit of armor, which comes to life as the Lingering Sentiment and defeats Xehanort. Meanwhile, Ventus is forced to fuse with Vanitas to create the χ-blade and battles Aqua alongside Mickey while the real Ven engages Vanitas in a metaphysical battle within his mind.Aqua shatters the χ-blade as Ven destroys Vanitas from within, though Ven's heart is sent into a deep sleep as a result.

Upon learning that Ven will not awaken, Aqua brings his body to the ruins of Land of Departure, where she seals the world's keyhole and transforms it into Castle Oblivion to ensure Ven will not be disturbed. Aqua then goes to Radiant Garden, where she fights Xehanort, who still possesses Terra's body. The battle rages until Terra's presence manifests, resulting in Xehanort unlocking his own heart and falling into the Realm of Darkness. Aqua saves Terra but becomes trapped in the Realm of Darkness in the process. Xehanort, who has lost his memories, is discovered and taken in by Ansem the Wise, ruler of Radiant Garden, as his apprentice. Ven's heart then reconnects to young Sora's and is able to rest within his heart. In the game's secret ending, which takes place after the events of Kingdom Hearts II, Aqua comes across Ansem the Wise in the Realm of Darkness and learns from him about Sora, who has the power to save those connected to his heart, including Terra, Ventus, and Aqua herself. Sora, having learned of their fates from King Mickey, decides to undertake another quest in order to find and save them

phio_chan
May 28, 2011, 01:45 AM
OMG. It sounds so awesome! I really wish I could play it. Knowing the beginning of all would be so awesome! But more than that, I wish to see Sora, Riku, and Kairi on their next journey to free their 'ancestors'. :D

RaveDragon
July 29, 2012, 09:20 AM
here's a happy announcement im playing the one and having loads of fun! :woo
Th gameplay is a little more complicated than the two but the plot is amazing and the worlds are quite fun altough easier to beat than i remember ^^

riki
January 24, 2013, 07:36 PM
Looks like Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix is heading overseas (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/24/looks-like-square-enix-is-recording-english-voices-for-kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix/). :amuse

Crude
January 28, 2013, 09:20 AM
I might get this since I never got around to playing the DS game (the one with the title I can never seem to remember) nor finishing Chain Of Memories. Question: Have they done something about the camera during gameplay? KH2 had a much better camera, so I would like to see that implemented in this port.

kimcheee
January 28, 2013, 08:41 PM
i first got BBS cause i got excited that it was part of the BBS series but unfortunately, i would have to say that BBS
is my least favorite out of the KH series that's been released. The story, the music and characters are all great and amazing
but there's just something about BBS that didn't really get me excited after playing it.

When i played the 1st and 2nd KH, I was really into the story line and characters that I played the games nonstop and even
played them a couple of times...kind of bummed out that i can't play it on my ps3

Dream Drop Distance...i can't really say much yet since i haven't finished the game but Sora and Riku are so cute!! ^0^

tgirl
February 26, 2013, 02:19 AM
Just to keep this thread updated:

Square Enix confirmed they will release Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix in North America this fall. The remastered compilation includes Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts ReChain of Memoires, and a cinematic story that covers the events in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix is re-release of Kingdom Hearts previously only available in Japan. Square Enix added extra, enemies, bosses, and abilities for Final Mix. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix also has a few tweaks to make the first game feel more like Kingdom Hearts II such as letting players rotate the camera with the right analog stick and reaction commands.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix will be available for PlayStation 3 this fall in North America and Europe.

From: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/25/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix-coming-to-north-america-this-fall/

So, those with a PS3, now's your chance to play the first Final Mix in English + Re: CoM + 358/Days movie. :) Congrats.

Sending this out, with my name attached to this... I hope no one from Gfaqs/old days find me in this section... *tip-toes out*

Huffly Parfait
March 09, 2013, 06:12 AM
Trailer time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZGiUh68kT8

Watching KH days - remake theater, we're gonna cry in HD. :(

riki
March 14, 2013, 05:03 PM
Looks like SE is planning to make Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix (http://gematsu.com/2013/03/rumor-kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix-credits-reveal-2-5-lineup) as well though it hasn't been announced yet.

riki
May 07, 2013, 12:21 PM
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix (http://gematsu.com/2013/05/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix-release-date-set) will be out in N. America on Sept. 10th and in Europe on Sept. 13th. Preorder the game in select retailers will net you an artbook.

phio_chan
June 18, 2013, 07:43 AM
Pretty sure everyone has seen this, but anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjBHFb0fZM

Very happy. Even though I can't play it, mostly... It looks so awesome. :wtf

riki
June 19, 2013, 03:57 PM
Here are some more (http://gematsu.com/2013/06/kingdom-hearts-iii-announced-a-little-early) information (http://gematsu.com/2013/06/kingdom-hearts-iii-staff-outlined-more) about the game. Is Nomura hinting that Riku and Kairi are playable?

phio_chan
June 22, 2013, 10:53 AM
Here are some more (http://gematsu.com/2013/06/kingdom-hearts-iii-announced-a-little-early) information (http://gematsu.com/2013/06/kingdom-hearts-iii-staff-outlined-more) about the game. Is Nomura hinting that Riku and Kairi are playable?

In general it sounds just like the usual KH: a party of 3, with a guest star from each world they visit. It would be great if we can play control Kairi and Riku too, they complete the team. Although we already played them in KH 2, haha~

"...last episode in the “Dark Seeker” chapter and will represent the final battle with Xehanort. ..." I thought the game is the original part, not an adaptation of anything else. But this sounds like the game follows something else (manga?) and will probably be the last, final game for the series.

riki
June 22, 2013, 11:22 AM
Oh no, Nomura was just saying that this will be last of the "Dark Seeker" trilogy for Kingdom Hearts, and that Xehanort will no longer be the big bad. The next trilogy in the series will have a new enemy that Sora and co. will have to face.

Zatono
June 22, 2013, 11:28 AM
Argh why isn't this going to be a PS4 exclusive :arf

phio_chan
June 22, 2013, 11:54 AM
Oh no, Nomura was just saying that this will be last of the "Dark Seeker" trilogy for Kingdom Hearts, and that Xehanort will no longer be the big bad. The next trilogy in the series will have a new enemy that Sora and co. will have to face.

Oh, yay! I thought this series is coming to an end, haha~ But that sounds like KH is going to be another FF, getting new antagonists, or perhaps one day we'll see new protagonists too. >_<

Argh why isn't this going to be a PS4 exclusive :arf

Isn't it good not to be exclusive? More people can enjoy it. :XD Although whatever the platform is, it's beyond my reach. :mono

riki
July 05, 2013, 06:27 AM
^It would make sense if they have new protagonists since Sora and co. (aka the voice actors) can't be young forever, but I think the characters will be around for awhile. ^^

---------- Post added June 24, 2013 at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was June 22, 2013 at 03:43 PM ----------

SE has posted the official artwork (http://gematsu.com/2013/06/kingdom-hearts-iii-character-artwork) of Sora, Goofy, and Donald for KHIII. Is it me or does Sora look taller?

---------- Post added July 05, 2013 at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was June 24, 2013 at 03:35 PM ----------

Oh, I didn't know that there is a browser based game (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/05/kingdom-hearts-xchi-has-agrabah-dwarf-woodlands-and-wonderland-worlds/):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ss-zeZKQmbk

phio_chan
July 06, 2013, 11:21 AM
SE has posted the official artwork (http://gematsu.com/2013/06/kingdom-hearts-iii-character-artwork) of Sora, Goofy, and Donald for KHIII. Is it me or does Sora look taller?

I think so too. From the trailer he also looks taller. I guess it shows that he's growing? :p

Oh, I didn't know that there is a browser based game (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/05/kingdom-hearts-xchi-has-agrabah-dwarf-woodlands-and-wonderland-worlds/):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ss-zeZKQmbk

In English pleaseeeeee~ :arf:handgun

riki
July 08, 2013, 02:21 PM
Nomura discussed about KHIII (http://gematsu.com/2013/07/nomura-talks-final-fantasy-xv-kingdom-hearts-iii-at-japan-expo):

As director, Nomura said he is “heavily involved” in the development of Kingdom Hearts III—more so than his other projects.

Disney recently acquired Star Wars creator Lucas Arts, and in 2009 iconic comic company Marvel (Spider-Man, X-Men, Iron Man, The Hulk, etc.) Nomura said “it would be great” if those franchises could be added to Kingdom Hearts III, “but there are lots of rules and restrictions by Disney, so we can’t actually put everything people want.” He promised “some surprises.”

Asked about a potential co-op multiplayer mode, Nomura said the Kingdom Hearts series has always been about Sora as the main character, but considering it’s going to be “the last chapter of the Kingdom Hearts main numbering title series,” a “lot of fans actually want t play as their favorite characters,” so it’s something they will “consider.” Again, Nomura hopes to release “some surprises” in future announcements.

riki
October 17, 2013, 08:12 PM
There will be a new video (http://gematsu.com/2013/10/new-kingdom-hearts-iii-video-coming-this-month) this month. ;)

---------- Post added October 14, 2013 at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was October 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM ----------

Some more KHIII tidbits (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/14/kingdom-hearts-iii-riku-making-return-new-outfits/). Hopefully the trailer will show up soon ^^

---------- Post added October 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was October 14, 2013 at 09:06 PM ----------

The trailer and some new info (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/16/nomura-talks-new-worlds-ai-improvements-kingdom-hearts-iii/):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rokHYPFaxYo

---------- Post added October 17, 2013 at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was October 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM ----------

More info (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/16/nomura-new-possibilities-kingdom-hearts-iii/) has been posted & Utada Hikaru will be singing the theme song (http://gematsu.com/2013/10/hikaru-utada-involved-in-kingdom-hearts-iii-theme-song)

Ai Nanasaki
October 30, 2013, 02:02 PM
KH3 certainly looks good but I hope they'll continue the trend of amazing storytelling that persists throughout the series. It's understandable that trailers can't really show that, though.

SharkBait
December 02, 2013, 12:34 PM
My copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5HD is finally shipping from AMZN (Black friday ftw, it was only 5$ brand new). Will I need a guide or a walkthrough (I guess are there missables?) never played KH1 or even CoM on consoles.

riki
January 09, 2014, 04:44 PM
Famitsu (http://gematsu.com/2013/12/nomura-discusses-kingdom-hearts-2-5-iii-famitsu) interviewed Nomura about 2.5 HD Remix and KH III.

---------- Post added January 09, 2014 at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was December 25, 2013 at 08:43 PM ----------

A new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QIEUbW4cEJQ

riki
March 07, 2014, 04:16 PM
SE has a KH survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GP7XTLF) if anyone is interested in taking it