PDA

View Full Version : HK's Wolf Den

HegemonKhan
March 31, 2011, 12:17 PM
Hello, everyone. I'm HegemonKhan or HK or Hege or Khan for short. I moderate the Claymore forum, which is a dream come true, as I love Claymore, hehe.

---------------------------------

No, Hegemon has NOTHING to do with Pokemon! (Hegemon/Hegemony are actual words!)

HegemonKhan comes from my love of the Mongols, as I like history, hehe.

Hegemon = Greek word meaning Warlord (but it is a reference to all the warlords of Asia, in China and particularly the Mongols)

Hegemony = Greek word meaning rule/"govern"/government by/of force = rule by warlords

Khan = Asian and Middle East word = leader

HegemonKhan = Leader of the Warlords, hehe

My personal favorite mongol site:

http://www.coldsiberia.org/index.html

-I also love the Vikings as well, and I am part Viking (Swedish), hehe

Vikings+Mongols are THEE two most powerful forces that humanity has ever seen, and unfortunately they never met in battle, so we don't know who would win, hehe :D

--------------------------------------------

I've only read the Claymore manga, but I've seen tons of animes, so I know about other works besides Claymore. However, I only consider myself to know Claymore and Blood+ well. (However, my memory of Blood+ has faded now, argh)

here's my anime MAL page:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HegemonKhan

-----------------------------------------

I'm currently an University student now. Still no idea on my major, sighs. So while I bide my time not knowing what I want to do, I've "choosen" History for my major (as I had to pick something, lol), and am taking 3 classes in it. One is a gen ed class that I found out I still had to take, as they don't count "European world civ class", argh, so I have to take a "World" civ class, again. The other class is a history craft class, which I enjoy as it teaches you how to write and research in history, but it's going to be really valuable for anything, as most things requires good writing and good research/investigation. Like Claymore manga, hehe. :D
Other class is a Choas and Rebellion class, as it something I am interested in. At first it was boring (and confusing), as we just talked about labor/workingmen classes in the past, but now we're talking about other things so it's more interesting now.

-----------------------------

I personally love anything involving stories:

manga, anime, books, movies, tv shows/series, history, philosophy, politics, news, world events, and etc.

-------------------------------

My Books:

01. Ender series by Orson Scott Card (haven't finished)
02. Dune series by Frank Herbert
03. Foundation series by Isaac Asimov
04. Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (haven't finished)
05. Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis
06. Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat
07. Call of the Wild by Jack London
08. Lord of the Rings series (all 4 of them, Hobbit+LotR trilogy) by J. R. R. Tolkien
09. Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
10. Lost World (JP2) by Michael Crichton
11. Sphere by Michael Crichton
12. Adromeda Strain by Michael Crichton
13. The Great Brain series by J. D. Fitzgerald
14. The Adventure series by Willard Price (I've read almost all of them; haven't finished)
15. Downriver by Will Hobbs
16. The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by AVI
17. The Man Who was Poe by AVI
18. Nothing But the Truth by AVI
19. The I Inside by Alan Dean Foster
20. Something Upstairs by AVI
21. Fantastic Voyage by Isaac Asimov
22. Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
23. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
24. A Wrinkle in Time series by Madeleine L' Engle
25. Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes
26. Beowulf
27. Gilgamesh
28. Bhagavad Gita
29. A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. (only book that I've read of the series; haven't finished)
30. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
31. Black Pearl by Scott O' Dell
32. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
33. The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
34. The Arthurian Legend by Mary Stewart
35. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
36. The Woman's Bible by Elizabeth Cady Stanton
37. Ten Great Mysteries by Edgar Allan Poe edited by Groff Conklin
38. The Winter Room by Gary Paulsen
39. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
40. In the Shadow of the Gargoyle edited by Nancy Kilpatrick and Thomas S. Roche (haven't finished)
41. The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
42. Lost Horizon by James Hilton
43. The Terminal Man by Michael Crichton
44. Heat by Joyce Carol Oates
45. Ghost Stories
46. Sci-Fi Stories
47. Adventure Stories

-----------------------------

My Movies:

http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=18716036

------------------------------

I also love knowledge:

any and all types of science fields, as I'm quite the nerd/geek, lol. From advanced and/or theoretical physics to biology to sociology to psychology to astronomy to zoology to etc..

I used to play sports when I was younger and in-shape:

Soccer (best at), baseball, and Football (worst at)

I like to PLAY sports, but I have no interest at all in being a "fan" of sports. I HATE or have ZERO interest in watching sports on TV and talking about it, or keeping track of stats and other "fan" stuff. I just liked to actually play sports, but I never had any interest in sports outside of actually playing in the sport and competing against others.

I used to weight/power lift:

I was just doing so on my own, as an amature and for only personal achievement, never did any type of professional/competitive lifting.

Though for the body size and weight, I was proud of what I could do, of my own personal records, hehe.

"Just Standing Up and Supporting" = 855 lbs (that's the full bar: 9 pairs, or 18, of lbs plates + 45 lbs bar)

3/4 squat = ~615 lbs

full squat = 500 lbs

dead lift = ~415 lbs

curl = 170 lbs

I'm not credential at all, but I know how to lift from my knowledge of sciences (basic newtonian physics, lol) and from experience.

so, if interested you can ask me stuff, just know that I officially don't know anything, lol.

---------------------------

I love playing games:

mostly old school games. I LOVE RPGs and Strategy Games (turn based like "civ" type games or FPS games like warcraft/starcraft and such).

especially Fantasy and Sci-Fi games, as those are my two favorite genres, as well.

I also love SF3: 3rd Strike! I'm still an extreme amature at it though. I only can decently play Ken and Elena (amature level again). I wish I was as good as the Japanese! Sighs! I can only play it via the arcade, unfortunately, so it's hard to get the practice in, no console training mode for practicing :(

Some of the games I used to play, still play, or have played:

Diablo 1 (D1)
Diablo 1: Middle Earth (ME) - this is a fan-made Mod
Diablo 2 (D2)
Star Craft (SC)
Star Craft (SC): Brood War (BW)
Age of Empires (AoE)
Age of Empires 2 (AoE2): The Age of Kings (tAoK)
Civ 4
Civ 4: Beyond the Sword (BtS)
Civ 4: Beyond the Sword (BtS): Fall From Heaven (FFH) Mod (BEST EVER! Kael n team RULES, hehe)
Civ 4: Beyond the Sword (BtS): (other Mods too)
Morrowind (MW)
Morrowind (MW): Mournhold (MH)
Morrowind (MW): Bloodmoon (BM)
Morrowind (MW): Mournhold (MH) + Bloodmoon (BM): various mods
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (HoMM3): Restoration of Erathia (RoE)
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (HoMM3): Armageddon's Blade (AB)
Alpha Centauri (ACe)
Alpha Centauri (ACe): Alien Crossfire (ACr)
Pharoah
The Sims
Sim City 3000
Wizards and Warriors (W&W)
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Civ 2
Civ 3
Rollercoaster Tycoon (RCT)
Rollercoaster Tycoon (RCT): Corkscrew Follies (CF)
Rollercoaster Tycoon (RCT): Loopy Landscapes (LL)
Lords of the Realm 2
Vampire: the Masquerade - Redemption
King's Quest: Mask of Eternity
Dungeon Keeper 2
Lords of Magic
Duke Nukem
Outpost 2
Etc...

Secret of Mana (SoM)
Seiken Densetsu 3 (SD3)
Final Fantasy 6 (FF6)
Final Fantasy 5 (FF5)
Final Fantasy 4 (FF4)
Chrono Trigger (CT)
Legend of Zelda (LoZ): A Link to the Past (ALttP)
Street Fighter 2 (SF2)
Super Metroid
7th Saga
Arcana
Battle Cars
Breath of Fire 1 (BoF1)
Breath of Fire 2 (BoF2)
Bust A Move
2020 Super Baseball
Cool World
Dragon View
Drahken
Earthbound
E.V.O.: Search for Eden
Eye of the Beholder
Final Fight 1
Final Fight 2
F-Zero
Gemfire
Hal's Hole in One Golf
Illusion of Gaia (IoG)
Joe and Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
Joe and Mac 1
Jurassic Park (JP)
Killer Instinct (KI)
The King of Dragons
King of Monsters
Knights of the Round
Lemmings 1
Lemmings 2
Lester the Unlikely
Lufia 1: The Fortress of Doom (FoD)
Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals (RotS)
Mega Man Soccer
Mega Man X (MMX)
Mega Man X2 (MMX2)
Mega Man X3 (MMX3)
Might and Magic 2
Might and Magic 3: Isles of Terror
Mortal Kombat 1 (MK1)
Mortal Kombat 2 (MK2)
Mortal Kombat 3 (MK3)
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (UMK3)
NBA Jam: Tournament Edition
Ogrebattle: March of the Black Queen
Paladin's Quest
Primal Rage
Rampart
Road Runner's Death Valley Rally
Robo Trek
Rock N Roll Racing
Samurai Shodown
Secret of Evermore (SoE)
Sim City 2000
Sim City
Soul Blazer
Star Fox
Stunt Race FX
Super Adventure Island 2
Super Bomberman 2
Super Bomberman 1
Super Buster Bros
Super Double Dragon
Super Ghouls N Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Super Punchout
Super Smash TV
Tales of Phantasia (ToP)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 (TMNT4): Turtles in Time (TiT)
Terranigma
The Lost Vikings
The Lost Vikings 2
Uniracers
Etc...

Willow
Final Fantasy 1
Final Fantasy 2
Dragon Warrior 1
Dragon Warrior 2
Maniac Mansion
Mike Tyson's Punchout
Air Fortress
Anticipation
Bionic Commando
Blaster Master
Bubble Bobble 1
Bubble Bobble 2
Legend of Zelda (LoZ)
Legend of Zelda 2 (LoZ2): Adventures of Link (AoL)
Excitebike
Track and Field 2
Paper Boy
Lode Runner
Jaws
Mega Man 1 (MM1)
Mega Man 2 (MM2)
Mega Man 3 (MM3)
Mega Man 4 (MM4)
Mega Man 5 (MM5)
Mega Man 6 (MM6)
Castlevania 1
Castlevania 2
Castlevania 3
Dynowarz
Fester's Quest (FQ)
Little Nemo (LN)
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden (NG)
Super Dodge Ball (SDB)
Rampage
Shadowgate
Super Mario Bros 1 (SMB1)
Super Mario Bros 2 (SMB2)
Super Mario Bros 3 (SMB3)
Duck Hunt
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 (TMNT1)
Tennis
Tetris
Techmo Bowl
Legend of Zelda (LoZ): Outlands (fan-made)
Etc...

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Tetris
Dr. Mario
Metroid 2: Return of Samus
Etc...

Masters of Orion (MoO)
Myst
7th Guest
War Craft 1 (WC1)
War Craft 2 (WC2)
Civ 1
Outpost
Colonization
Etc...

Final Fantasy 7 (FF7)
Final Fantasy 8 (FF8)
Tekken 3
Metal Gear Solid (MGS)
VS.
Tactics Ogre (TO)
Ghost in the Shell (GitS)
Breath of Fire 3 (BoF3)
Etc...

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (I can use Ken and Elena alright, lol)
Killer Instinct (KI)
Mortal Kombat 1 (MK1)
Mortal Kombat 2 (MK2)
Tekken 3
Primal Rage
Etc...

----------------------

I also love Dogs/Wolves as well, hehe :D

http://www.coldsiberia.org/sibirwlf.htm

I came across a saying in Latin of somone online who was in the military, a marine sniper, that I really liked, but I can't remember what it looks like in Latin, sighs, but here's what it translates to:

~"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go!"

----------------------

Oh, and if you haven't noticed, I like to write long posts, lol, I'm very verbose.

I'm the "Anti-Twitter'er", I'm the "King of Textwalls", hehe :D

and usually because of this, my posts are messy and unorganized, sighs :(

-------------------------

and that's it for now.

I'm very friendly and love to help people, and love to chat as well!

Kusako
March 31, 2011, 12:40 PM
You are big and strong?

HegemonKhan
March 31, 2011, 12:45 PM
not now... stopped weight lifting and got fat... sighs...

(gyms are businesses, and so they're "family friendly", I was lifting too much... it scared the casual gym goers that some one so small could be so strong, as they don't know how weight lifting works, completely ignorant of the science of it (basic netonian physics), as most of them are going to the gyms for cardio and fitness, to LOSE weight, not weight lifting. I need my own gym... or find/have a private one nearby where I live, so until then, I get more and more fat, sighs)

I was quite strong for my size.. but I was/am not big... I'm short, only 5'6'' (sorry, being american I don't know metric system well, lol. We still defiently/stubbornly use the Norse's base 12 system, lol).

at the time I was weight lifting I weighed 180 lbs, than it went up to ~200 lbs, but I think most of it was muscle, as I was still quite lean, no fat, despite weighing 20 lbs more.

So, for my size, I was strong.

-------------------------------------

Weight/power lfting is:

90% Science (basic newtonian physics)
9% Mental
1% Physical (which is why it is so wonderful, EVERYONE can do it, and the achievements are direct and personal. It's all you, your achievement is all yours. very direct rewards to yourself)

hehe :D

Kusako
March 31, 2011, 12:49 PM
No worries...no metric in Japan...dad measures longness by katana...

Be sure to get strong, like Raikage:shakefist...

HegemonKhan
March 31, 2011, 01:00 PM
haha, unfortunately, I can't reach the Raikage's level, sides, he's much bigger than me too, lol.

that's a good way to measure as well, hehe :D

I love combat/fighting/martial arts/swords (half of my animes in my list are martial arts, hehe. I also love movies that are martial arts as well, really enjoy Jet Li, but not Jackie Chan, as I'm not into comedy stuff, though his martial arts is definately good as well), but I personally can't do any of it, fat now and clumsy and stiff, lol. And a white American... too, not Japanese/asian :D

Kusako
March 31, 2011, 01:02 PM
You mention asian...you should be like khans...strong in body and heart...I believe you...don't give up...:shakefist

I try to be, hehe. I am very strong spirited, very stubborn in my ways/beliefs/values, like Naruto and Ichigo, hehe. And thanks for the vote of confidence in me! :D

Tamotsu
March 31, 2011, 01:18 PM
Khan you Afghanistan? I herd Afghanistan popple like to fight.

HegemonKhan
March 31, 2011, 01:29 PM
nope, white american, lol

from dad's side: 50% Swedish (Scandanavian) and ??? (lol)

from mom's side: ... ~20% welsh (I think), an ethnicity in the U.K., and than trace amounts, ~1%, of nearly every european country... her side must have... "slept around"... lol

(as can be seen, I don't pay much interest to my genetics/bloodlines/family histories, lol)

-------------------------------------------------

Khan comes from my love of the Mongols.

but Khan is also obviously used and popular by Middle East people as well

(I'm embarrased, but I'm not sure if other asian cultures/countries use Khan. I'm only aware of the Mongols. Is Khan used in China or other asian countries? China might use Khan due to the influence of Mongols' invasion/threat, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head of Khan being used by China/Chinese. I doubt Mongol influence reached Japan, as their invasion fleet was famously sunk by the Japan's waters/sea/tsunami, hehe. Mongols need to stick to the land, lol. Forgive my lacking asian history knowledge, the U.S. is more focused on teaching us European/Greek/Roman history, and very little about Asian or other places' history. I can't remember if the Japanese samurai and Mongols fought in small skirmishes or not, prior to the famous sinking of the large Mongol invasion fleet, argh!)

Tamotsu
March 31, 2011, 01:35 PM
I friend is khan. He cames from Pakistan. I herd Khan in China people too.

Drmke
March 31, 2011, 08:39 PM
so is hegemon a reference to pokemon or digimon?

HegemonKhan
March 31, 2011, 08:56 PM
neither, see first post.

but, people often make that joke: pokemon/digimon

Hegemon/Hegemony are real words, not some pokeman or digimon, lol :D

"Is the Hegemony of the U.S., as the world's super power, finally starting to begin to come to an end?"

as can be seen hegemon/hegemony is sometimes used/said in political science, politics, and by our congressmen from time to time.

or read the Ender Series by Orson Scott Card :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender's_Game_(series)

Kusako
April 01, 2011, 09:07 AM
So you fancy me, not so strong anymore boy-kun?

HegemonKhan
April 01, 2011, 12:17 PM
laughs, I'd have to know who you really are, before I could give an answer, and it'd be up to your dad and his Katana too.... EEP!!! :D

No, not strong in the presence of beautiful women... if you are actually one, hehe. :p

Man's weakness: hot women = make the strongest men, "drop to their knees" and ask... :D

Koen
April 07, 2011, 02:52 PM
Hello Hege,

How are you doing? I can see that your thread got some Jap assault :p

Anyway:
Is there some reason why you prefer history above some other sciences you like a lot? Which is your most favourite historical setting?

HegemonKhan
April 10, 2011, 03:41 PM
yes, I was deceived... for a good laugh, hehe :D

--------------------------------------------

I like all science fields, politics, philosophy, history, and whatever else. Love knowledge, major geek/nerd, lol.

My favorite historical setting is ancient, modern world and guns I find boring, I like the ancient world, as it is so different from ours, it has become the source for the fictional fantasy setting that I love so much as well.

I personally like Mongols and medieval Britain and Europe, especially around the Vikings (as I'm part Viking, Swedish, hehe). The Norse I really like as their religion is the source for most fantasy and RPG games, especially the Final Fantasy series, is notorious user of Norse Mythos, along with most others as well.

But, Egypt is also fascinating, along with the other ancient river civilizations too, like Mesopotamia (Babylonians and Sumerians), and ancient China.

Also, are the American civilizations too such as the Inca, Aztec, and Mayan as well.

I like medieval/feudal stuff though a lot, knights, castles, and dragons. Arthurian Legend and such.

I like medieval feudal Japan too, but I have much more limited knowledge on it, and other asian (such as China) histories.

I of course like the Samurai and Ninjas too, as well as martial arts such as shaolin as well as many others, hehe :D

-------------------------------------------------------

I don't like history more than science, as to me they're all the same, stories and science are both just ways of trying to explain the world and ourselves :D

as for the fields of science that I like:

(newtonian-normal/basic) physics, theoretical (advanced) physics (macro-black holes, micro-Quantum physics, and string theory, fractals, dimensions, and all other advanced physics stuff), biology, chemistry, biochemistry, genetic engineering, sociology, pyschology, human behavior, animal behavior, kinesiology, astromony, cosmology, time dilation effect, theory of relativity, big bang, inflation, gravity, E-M force, strong force, weak force, E=mc^2, super force, neutrinos, anti-matter, dark energy, zoology, botany, geology, and etc... ALL FIELDS of SCIENCE, too many to list, lol.

Zeltrax
June 24, 2011, 10:33 AM
Hi Hk. I never know wat is your avy until I started reading Claymore.
Am I right to assume that it is your fav manga?
Anyway it seems weird to suddenly bump your thread.
But you seem like you watch alot of animes, so is there any notable
ones in your opinion and ones that you like best?
By the way, claymore is an awesome manga.

HegemonKhan
August 31, 2011, 10:50 PM
sorry for the extremely late reply Zeltrax!
(I don't get much responses-posts in this thread, lol)

yes, Claymore is my favorite, but it's the only manga I've read (and am still reading as it's still on-going).

I like many other stories too (animes), but Claymore is my favorite. I am most knowledgeable about Claymore too, with Blood+ as runner up, though my memory has vanished mostly with it, as it is rarely discussed, and Claymore gets most/all of my attention, hehe.

here's my MAL list:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HegemonKhan

faintsmile1992
November 09, 2011, 02:17 AM
The Vikings and the Mongols were both awesome, and so is Claymore.

If you like Vikings, listen on YouTube for Fire + Ice, you'll love them.