PDA

View Full Version : Hey, hello

Monsterguy
April 01, 2011, 06:09 AM
Hi,
I come across this site not so long ago. To introduce myself I must say that I'm a student (21) and I live in Slovenia a small country in the middle Europe. Some of my people are even making funny jokes when on a journey:
My people (Slovenian people): "There are a lot of people here."
Chinese or other people: "How much people live around you?"
My people (Slovenian people): "Around 2 million people."
Chinese or other people: "In which building do you live?"
My people (Slovenian people): "We live in a country named Slovenia but we have everything mountains, gorgeous forests, a small amount of sea and a relaxed way of living."

What I like:
I like everything about "supernatural" so it's all kind of new technology and becouse of that I chose to study "Energetics" at my university.

Do not expect me to be online everytime, sorry:
To tell you the truth I don't have much free time but at times like right now when I have lectures in class just once in a whole week it's boring as hell so I go read manga and watch anime:D

I must also point out a certain fact:
I live at a country and not many people live around me. If I want to go meet some friends who are 10 kilometers away I need to use my car but the problem is that politics in my country have chosen to have the most expensive oil and gas around. So it's a matter of money which a student is always short of even if you have a decent scholarship like me:mad

PS: My English is really, really bad with pronunciation when I write, so "google translate" helps me a lot by correcting the spelling of my words (example: "which" becomes "witch" if I am not careful). I hope to improve after some time but I won't know untill I try. So I was wondering if you could help me with this problem and discuss with me some stuff which are in common to us?
Let me tell you that I speak Slovenian fluently, English - So,so???, but i also understand a little of German language although I'm too bad to write in German !!!

Feel free to ask me anything...

Zeltrax
April 01, 2011, 07:31 AM
Hello :tem!
First of all, welcome to Mangahelpers and I hope you like it here~ I mean, anyone will like this place :eyeroll
Second, your english is not that bad, really. You might want to try not counting on google translate that much, your english is okay.

I like supernatural too...because they get solved :tem
For me there's no such things as supernatural, only science. So maybe our opinions differ.

Slovenia seems like a nice place and you cannot imagine how I will wish to live in a place with less people, it's not like I don't like them, it's just that I prefer less noise and less pollution and less busy people bumping on me when I'm outside, lol.

Getting a scholarship is pretty amazing, I can never hope for that :sweat
Sorry for blabbering so, now for the questions!

What is your fav anime?
What is your fav manga?
Who is your fav ani/manga character?
Do you read more manga or watch more anime :eyeroll?

Monsterguy
April 01, 2011, 09:02 AM
Hello :tem!
First of all, welcome to Mangahelpers and I hope you like it here~ I mean, anyone will like this place :eyeroll
Second, your english is not that bad, really. You might want to try not counting on google translate that much, your english is okay.

Thx,
but as you can see almost each of my post has "edit" some time after I write it. But I belive that a person learns from his mistakes and I still want to improve...
Compared to your english my is still many years behind -_-;

I like supernatural too...because they get solved :tem
For me there's no such things as supernatural, only science. So maybe our opinions differ.
I belive "Science is investigating supernatural events" and ceating new technology. But "Energetics" is a part of every piece of tehnology you have to put together to make something big work.
But I still like the way you are thinking :noworry

What is your fav anime?
I like many but if I must chose untill now, I would say "Break Blade" with english subtitles.
Here I must point out that I also like the movies like "Avatar" (click: Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdxXPV9GNQ)), "Transformers" (click: Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eduwcuq1Exg)), ...

What is your fav manga?
I'm discovering better and better pieces of works, so it's difficult to say. Let me tell you that I laughed and enjoyed like never before when I was reading "The Breaker"(especially first part) so that must be it, although that is a manhwa.
For a manga I would chose either Naruto or Bleach becouse those are, to say it simply "masterpiece" works!!!

Who is your fav ani/manga character?
It's Ichigo (from Bleach) becouse he has similar personality as me(calm but thinks before does something, but other times just blurts out what lies in his mind), although I'm not as violent as he is becouse there is almost no violence in my country.

Do you read more manga or watch more anime?
To tell you the truth I like both the same, so it's a matter of how I feel. Sometimes it's manga/manhwa other times it's anime. But if it's an interesting pice of work, I just can not stop untill it's over or there are no more chapters out (for ongoing series).

Kusako
April 01, 2011, 09:04 AM
Welcome bakemono-san...how did you found this lovely site?

Monsterguy
April 01, 2011, 09:45 AM
Welcome bakemono-san...how did you found this lovely site?

That was very easy,
I was just looking for a manga in "google" and this site showed out... and here I am.

Although if i may ask, what does "bakemono-san" mean???
That is the first time I heard this word.

Kusako
April 01, 2011, 09:50 AM
bakemono=monster
san= person, guy

Bakemono-san:fan...do you like it here...where do you post often?

Monsterguy
April 01, 2011, 10:11 AM
bakemono=monster
san= person, guy

Bakemono-san:fan...do you like it here...where do you post often?

I like to read and give my own opinion about manga/manhwa or an anime. So there is no precise place.

To say it simple, I'm everywhere but not everytime:p

scav
July 09, 2011, 01:35 PM
i decided to revive this thread? :poke

wassup monster? how's life?

Charlie
July 09, 2011, 05:12 PM
I join the revive efforts as well.

Monster, as you're waiting for the next chapter of Noblesse and stress of waiting, have you read other series?

If so, which ones?

Monsterguy
September 22, 2011, 06:48 PM
i decided to revive this thread? :poke

wassup monster? how's life?

I join the revive efforts as well.

Monster, as you're waiting for the next chapter of Noblesse and stress of waiting, have you read other series?

If so, which ones?

Man, sorry for the late reply, why even I thought that this thread has reached it's end... :facepalm

Well, in reall life I successfully finished university and right now I took myself one year "off", in order to write my degree ("diploma"). Anyway what is there to lose for me, if I even got a scholarship extended for one more year. With this, I can enjoy my school life for one entire year more !!!

About me, actually, I'm still recovering from my birthday party. The problem is that my birthday lasts for two days, becouse I was born on such an hour (midnight -> 00.00 ) that even a hospital was not sure when I was born... :fail

At the end they just randomly wrote one date on my "birth certificate", but in reality nobody knows exactly when I was born. And what am I supposed do ???

I celebrate for 2 entire days, although I'm finished after that... :darn :p

Well, about manga, I have read the latest chapters of Noblesse too, and it's great to see that all are back at school. Now the trivial things which are hilarious could come again... :woo

About me reading new stuff, I must say that it's not a lot of new stuff, although only receantly I got captivated by a series called "Btooom!".

Chapter 27 of "Btooom!" is already out, and I must say it's really good. You should also try it !!!

"Btooom" is about a boy who plays a game called "Btooom", but at the end he ends up using the knowlage of this game in order to survive in reality.

If you like action as me, you will like this work !!!