PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Your Favorite Manhwa & Manhua

thornofcarrion
April 02, 2011, 12:21 PM
Lets hear what are your favorite manhwa and manhua series. Mine are:

1. The Breaker (New Waves included) - It is one of the most popular manhwa out there. The art is very good, both author and the artist depict the fight scenes in great depth. The plot itself is interesting.

2. Veritas - Probably my favorite out there. Too bad its on hiatus, with indefinite future. The characters, the techniques, the plot, the art...everything is as good as it gets in Veritas.

3. Kisswood - A colored series, great artwork. The characters are ok I guess, not as good as you find in some other series. But the storyline and the colored art compensates it.

4. Shin Angyo Onshi - It is a completed series and definitely one of my favorite. The main character is just awesome, unlike our usual protagonist. The end was one of my favorite.

I will update the list later on. Lets hear what are your favorite series...

scav
April 09, 2011, 12:27 AM
thank for this section :shakefist
my favorite manhwa hum
1- the breaker
2- Ares (not very popular on MH idk why, its a real masterpiece )
3- Noblesse
4- Veritas
5- ID
6- Zippy Ziggy
7- High School
8- Aflame inferno
9- King of hell
10-Sun-ken rock
11-P.k
12-Freezing
13-yureka

blai
April 10, 2011, 06:09 AM
My top three;

Freezing
Breaker: New Waves
Noblesse

I'm oh, so mainstream :sweat
I'll try to check out some of the Manhwas you've mentioned :thumbs

TemplateR
April 10, 2011, 11:42 AM
1. The Breaker + New Waves
2. Ares ( Story great, Artwork not soo )
3. Freezing

Manwha is interesting, because they have some other Stories as mangas.

ca12nag3
April 10, 2011, 12:35 PM
Aflame inferno
Freezing

OdaForPresident
April 10, 2011, 01:44 PM
As you might guess from my sig... I'm a big fan of Tower of God. It's one of the most interesting stories I've read in a long time. If you're going to try any Manhwa it should be this one! It's a bit different though from other works because each chapter is one very long page and its in color.

Aside from ToG there are the obvious populair manhwa:
-Ares
-Breaker
-Veritas
-Id

But also:
-Zippy Ziggy (one of the funniest things out there)
-Yureka
-Witch Hunter
-P.K.
-Magician
-Immortal Regis & Cavalier of the Abyss

scav
April 10, 2011, 01:49 PM
agreed with Zippy Ziggy being one of the funniest. I really laughed hard while reading it. The only manga/manhwa that made me laugh more than zippy ziggy is gto :)

OdaForPresident
April 10, 2011, 03:31 PM
I really liked GTO as well, though the GTO Shonen 14 days series that's out now doesn't cut it compared to the original. Scav, you also mentioned Sun-Ken Rock, this is also one of my absolute favorites, but I think it's actually a Japanese manga which just plays in Korea.

NAM61
April 10, 2011, 05:37 PM
the priest it is a very epic manhwa. it is a dark story but it is very good imo.

i also like the breaker and veritas. and sun-ken rock

scav
April 12, 2011, 05:00 PM
i'm done reading P.K (player kill) and Freezing, gonna add them in my fav manhwas, they're definitly must be read.

Raizen
April 13, 2011, 11:29 PM
I am on my last chapters of Shin Angyo Onshin ... and I must say I love it! I am so glad i found it. The characters are awesome, the fighting is extra cool, and the plot is pretty darn good. Soo sad its about to end :crying

I love the battles from ID as well :p

Anyone know any other mangas/manhwa out there similar to these 2?

thornofcarrion
April 13, 2011, 11:56 PM
Kisswood may appeared a slow but its very good. I assume you are reading The Breaker?

Raizen
April 13, 2011, 11:59 PM
Kisswood may appeared a slow but its very good. I assume you are reading The Breaker?
No. Is the breaker good? What is it about? I am really interest in good fight scenes

thornofcarrion
April 14, 2011, 12:10 AM
No. Is the breaker good? What is it about? I am really interest in good fight scenes

The Breaker is exactly what you need to read if you like good fight scenes. It has two parts, The Breaker and The Breaker : New Waves. The Breaker had 72 chapter in Part 1. Part 2, The Breaker : New Waves has 24 chapters so far.

For fight/action series, no one is better than Veritas and The Breaker. I would suggest you try both. Sadly though, Veritas is on hiatus indefinitely. Still its a wonderful series to read. The Breaker is as good as Veritas. I am sure you will enjoy them both. Veritas had 81 chapters. If you ask me I would say both these series are EPIC, a must read.

Raizen
April 14, 2011, 12:11 AM
That sounds great. But I really hate read manga or anything where I have to wait. I am really impatient with that haha. So I usually pick mangas that are already completed and translated :p

thornofcarrion
April 14, 2011, 12:13 AM
That sounds great. But I really hate read manga or anything where I have to wait. I am really impatient with that haha. So I usually pick mangas that are already completed and translated :p

True indeed and so do I. But Veritas is so good, even if it isn't completed or on hiatus, you will miss a great series if you don't read it.

Raizen
April 14, 2011, 12:14 AM
True indeed and so do I. But Veritas is so good, even if it isn't completed or on hiatus, you will miss a great series if you don't read it.
I'll definitely look into it. I am about to finish Shin Angyo Onshin tomorrow. I would love to have some discussion haha

thornofcarrion
April 14, 2011, 12:19 AM
I'll definitely look into it. I am about to finish Shin Angyo Onshin tomorrow. I would love to have some discussion haha

Shin Angyo Onshi is a great series indeed. A clever plot with mini-stories in the series. You will love the ending. Make sure we read your opinion in Shin Angyo Onshi thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3587) :).

scav
April 14, 2011, 02:04 AM
i already tried Shin Angyo Onshi once, but i wasn't really captivated by the plot and i dropped around of chapter 11.
@Raizen if you're looking something like ID, i would recommend u Ares or king of hell. And the breaker is awesome. And ur sig is.. ehm.... u know what i mean :p

thornofcarrion
April 14, 2011, 04:19 AM
i already tried Shin Angyo Onshi once, but i wasn't really captivated by the plot and i dropped around of chapter 11.

All I can say is the series takes time to grow up on you. I think if you give another try, few more chapters and you will like it hopefully.

Raizen
April 14, 2011, 10:56 AM
@Raizen if you're looking something like ID, i would recommend u Ares or king of hell. And the breaker is awesome. And ur sig is.. ehm.... u know what i mean :p
Yea, i actually dropped angyo onshin after about3 chapters since I didn't like it. But after a few more chapters, things starts picking up really fast. I think u should try it again.

And thanks. my signature is very.... :hurr

scav
April 14, 2011, 03:00 PM
well u convinced me a bit, im about to finish yureka so ill try to continue reading Angyo Onshi the week end.

shaheer
April 15, 2011, 08:29 AM
fav manga would be definitely Veritas, awesome read possibly thats the best shonen i ve read
and i really like the main, not a wuss and well of goodness with overly love like ahem n_r_to or a father teresa like I_c_go

OdaForPresident
April 15, 2011, 09:24 AM
I also tried Shin Angyo Onshi, read quite a lot actually but I quit reading it. It just couldn't really interest me at some point.

I haven't heard any of you talking about Tower of God, you should try it out, trust me you won't be dissapointed. Another web-comic which I find interesting is Magician, it's a little different from the other stuff out there which is a good thing sometimes.

An other 'not so well known' manhwa you might want to check out is 'King of Hell' I found it pretty interesting. Also 'Ping' is fun. Another one is 'Nephilim' which is by the guy behind Ares.

About Ares, A-team just released the Final Chapter... *sob* I'm gonna miss that series!

scav
April 15, 2011, 12:31 PM
I also tried Shin Angyo Onshi, read quite a lot actually but I quit reading it. It just couldn't really interest me at some point.

I haven't heard any of you talking about Tower of God, you should try it out, trust me you won't be dissapointed. Another web-comic which I find interesting is Magician, it's a little different from the other stuff out there which is a good thing sometimes.

An other 'not so well known' manhwa you might want to check out is 'King of Hell' I found it pretty interesting. Also 'Ping' is fun. Another one is 'Nephilim' which is by the guy behind Ares.

About Ares, A-team just released the Final Chapter... *sob* I'm gonna miss that series!

wow chap 205 is finally out, *going to read it*

ca12nag3
April 17, 2011, 08:19 AM
Anyone here looked up School Shock? its a nice story still in its early developments (that wich is scanlated haha) If im correct its already finished in chinese.

Raizen
April 18, 2011, 05:26 PM
So i finished Angyo, and i must say it is quite sad

Although i expected munsu to die, the whole thing was still tough to see. Plus, a lot of people died during that battle.

Can anyone explain the reason why Aji Tae had to make munsu go meet the demon guy when they were out traveling? Why did Aji Tae have to give that blond guy powers just to absorb him? I thought his powers were complete when Hae Mo su released him.

ps. If this is the wrong place to post this, can you move it for me thorn. Thanks

kidopitz27
April 18, 2011, 07:16 PM
my list

1.The Breaker / The Breaker: New Waves
2. Legend of Maian (just waiting for Volume 11 i want to see Felix after the incident)
3. Veritas - Too bad its on haitus
4. Freezing - i like the manga than the anime though
5. I.D - its like an RPG game
6. Yureka - It is based from a Real RPG Game :)
7. Aflame Inferno
8. Shade
9. Unbalance x Unbalance
[hr]

Can anyone explain the reason why Aji Tae had to make munsu go meet the demon guy when they were out traveling? Why did Aji Tae have to give that blond guy powers just to absorb him? I thought his powers were complete when Hae Mo su released him.

Because in the End when Munsu and the Hae Mo Su was still a kid they went to a cave and saw a demon hanged (just like Jeepers Creeper) and the Hae Mo Su wished to be the king and Munsu run away but stop when he heard a voice of what Munsu wants and his wish is to make Hae Mo Su's wish to come true and on the part when Hae Mo Su sends Munsu on the Demons mansion is part of the Munsu's wish to make Hae Mo Su/Aji Tae become successful :)

Raizen
April 18, 2011, 10:17 PM
my list

2. Legend of Maian (just waiting for Volume 11 i want to see Felix after the incident)
7. Aflame Inferno
8. Shade
9. Unbalance x Unbalance
[hr]

Because in the End when Munsu and the Hae Mo Su was still a kid they went to a cave and saw a demon hanged (just like Jeepers Creeper) and the Hae Mo Su wished to be the king and Munsu run away but stop when he heard a voice of what Munsu wants and his wish is to make Hae Mo Su's wish to come true and on the part when Hae Mo Su sends Munsu on the Demons mansion is part of the Munsu's wish to make Hae Mo Su/Aji Tae become successful :)
I had thought the wish only applied to making hae mo su king. I understand aji tae sending munsu to the creepy mansion was a trap but it still weird that it was important for aji tae to have munsu meet the blonde angel wing guy.

Furthermore, aji tae had to give the blonde guy dark powers then he absorbed him. But if aji tae was all powerful, why did he need to absorb the powers of the blonde dude?

Also, why was it important to curse munsu when he could easily kill him?

scav
April 20, 2011, 04:50 PM
my list

7. Aflame Inferno
8. Shade
9. Unbalance x Unbalance

Legend of Maian is really nice, the last chapter is just EPIC and unexpected.
gonna be really sad if they're all dead, but the story gonna be really interesting at this point. But i dont think they're all dead, thats just too much
Shade and Unbalance x Unbalance, already tried them in the past and got bored after 5,6 chapters

BakaHaze
April 27, 2011, 04:52 AM
I was totally Devo'd by the lastest chappie of Legend of Maian, Dammit!

But logically:
Coz of Felicia's immortality spell on the Regers Knights, they don't die Until she dies, and If she dies, Diha Dies...so actually everyone should be alive...! or so I'm hoping, anyway.

My fave is Ruler of the Land. Love the main Chara =)

scav
April 27, 2011, 08:31 PM
didn't read ruler of the land yet, but im planing to.

Charlie
April 27, 2011, 10:50 PM
I was totally Devo'd by the lastest chappie of Legend of Maian, Dammit!

But logically:
Coz of Felicia's immortality spell on the Regers Knights, they don't die Until she dies, and If she dies, Diha Dies...so actually everyone should be alive...! or so I'm hoping, anyway.

My fave is Ruler of the Land. Love the main Chara =)

Ruler of the land is cool. Have you or anyone here read Demon King Majeh or Hell king Majeh? < Another one thats cool.

scav
April 27, 2011, 10:57 PM
yeah i already read demon king.its not the best manhwa but it have some good points :thumbs

k-dom
April 29, 2011, 03:01 AM
Thanks for all the tips, I only knew the breaker and Noblesse so far and I'm glad this section was created. I discover lot of good series. I've catched with Tower of god (btw shouldn't a thread on it be started?). The hero design reminds me of someone else but I can't put a name on him.
Is freezing the same thing that the ecchi anime ? I didn't know it was popular in Corea too. What is the name equivalent ?

BakaHaze
April 29, 2011, 07:03 AM
Ruler of the land is cool. Have you or anyone here read Demon King Majeh or Hell king Majeh? < Another one thats cool.

I will try this. :D

Thanks for all the tips, I only knew the breaker and Noblesse so far and I'm glad this section was created. I discover lot of good series. I've catched with Tower of god (btw shouldn't a thread on it be started?). The hero design reminds me of someone else but I can't put a name on him.
Is freezing the same thing that the ecchi anime ? I didn't know it was popular in Corea too. What is the name equivalent ?

That's where you're wrong. It originated in Korea, and got turned into a Jap anime. Yes, it's the same, but manhwa is a helluva lot better.

digitaldude
April 29, 2011, 07:44 AM
Unbalance x unbalance DONT JUDGE ME!
Noblesse
Freezing again no judging!

k-dom
April 29, 2011, 11:10 AM
That's where you're wrong. It originated in Korea, and got turned into a Jap anime. Yes, it's the same, but manhwa is a helluva lot better.

Sorry i was unclear. I spoke about ecchi not Freezing :-) but freezing seems to be popular too. Also wrt thread subject it seems very mangaesque from plot and design ( at least from the anime side )

Akira28
May 24, 2011, 11:28 AM
Devils Bride!:D
Love the art and most of the jokes.

BakaHaze
May 26, 2011, 04:40 AM
A mangahelper's search reveals multiple Devils brides...

Care to specify?

I shall spare no pains to find more awesome Manhwa :D

wardudes
May 26, 2011, 02:05 PM
Yureka
I just love the plot .

BakaHaze
May 27, 2011, 06:58 AM
And Yureka...I don't even know what's going on anymore, it's a big mess in my head...:XD

Might re-read it carefully when it finally ends though.

revennge
June 05, 2011, 04:46 AM
1. The Breaker / The Breaker New Waves.
2. Chronicles of the Cursed Sword. ( Epic manhwa with 37 volumes. Hero has goldy powers at the end of the story ;D. At first art isn't very good, but it gets better with every volume. English has only 22 volume translated. And Volume 23 is being translated by some scanlation group. )
3. ID. ( Also hero with godly powers ^^)
4. Yureka ( very good story. Can't wait for Jaeha to wait up.)
5. Aflame Inferno
6. The Legend of Maian

and so on...
I have read Veritas and Shin Angyo Onshi, but did not like them.

BakaHaze
June 05, 2011, 07:32 AM
I was under the Impression Chronicles of the Cursed sword got licenced, and all scanlation ceased?

The last release WAS 145 days ago...

jorped
June 10, 2011, 08:17 AM
I only started reading Manhwa like 2 weeks ago, and i have first to thank Scav and also Charlie, that insisted for me to try it :super

I find The Breaker and The Breaker New Waves a bit overrated, but it's definitely a good story. Though the names of the schools and the ranks inside each are a bit confusing, cuz the names aren't quite easy of memorizing, at least for me.

But my first manhwa wasn't The Breaker , but yes Noblesse , which begins very slowly, but if you give time to it. You will be completely hooked on it . Loved it :zomg

And i started reading Yureka and i am already around chapter 97 and it has been good :woo
Nothing extraordinary, but at least enjoyable and good :thumbs

So this would be my top manhwa:

1º Noblesse;
2º The Breaker / The Breaker New Waves;
3º Yureka;

This might change cuz i still need to read a lot of chapters of Yureka :oh

Host Samurai
June 10, 2011, 05:28 PM
@Jorped: If you caught up to the recent chapters of Yureka you could also try to read Id, which is like the predecessor of it. :D This is also something I would like to recommend along with the Tower of God, which is like part 1 Naruto especially the Chuunin Exam. ;)

So far my favorite manwhas are in no particular order: Veritas, The Breaker (NW), Id, Yureka, Dark Mage, Noblesse, Tower of God, Priest.

MangaConnoisseur
June 14, 2011, 01:21 AM
Shoot.They are so many for me.I guess I will choose my top three.

1)Noblesse
2)Sun-ken Rock
3)The Breaker:New Waves

There have been so many I have been reading lately though.Its hard to keep up with all of there stories with all the ones I have read and me going through them so fast.But right now, I'm definitely preferring Manhwa over Manga for the time bring anyway.

yellowblue
June 14, 2011, 02:15 PM
Noblesse. Great story and art work plus in webtoon color format. What else you can ask for? The artwork is still improving and the attention to details is very good (ex. look at Frank's ties even while fighting). My only gripe is it is almost cliffhanger in every episode and the ramen comedy. I am longing for the next release of Noblesse more than the trio + 1 in jump combined (Naruto, Bleach, OP + Toriko).

I also read the Breaker and the Breaker: New waves. I liked Veritas but still waiting for the continuation. I liked Id but no new releases. Are there any Good Ending type of manhwa?

Charlie
June 14, 2011, 03:59 PM
Noblesse. Great story and art work plus in webtoon color format. What else you can ask for? The artwork is still improving and the attention to details is very good (ex. look at Frank's ties even while fighting). My only gripe is it is almost cliffhanger in every episode and the ramen comedy. I am longing for the next release of Noblesse more than the trio + 1 in jump combined (Naruto, Bleach, OP + Toriko).

I also read the Breaker and the Breaker: New waves. I liked Veritas but still waiting for the continuation. I liked Id but no new releases. Are there any Good Ending type of manhwa?

Noblesse is currently at season 2 or 3. I dont remember the new chapters do have a few cliffhangers. Although since the new chapters are more serious in nature, the ramen jokes are gone. Maybe it will come back after the current situation finishes.

An ID fan too.... :hug

Where have you been hiding?

Yeah breaker and veritas are good too.... you should take part in the manhwa forums more..... :yelling.
I'm not sure on any good ending ones. All the manhwa I read are currently ongoing, if I recall correctly. So I'm not sure, lol. I guess this was a long winded answer.... :xp

maxikki
June 22, 2011, 04:22 PM
Noblesse is currently at season 2 or 3. I dont remember the new chapters do have a few cliffhangers. Although since the new chapters are more serious in nature, the ramen jokes are gone. Maybe it will come back after the current situation finishes.

An ID fan too.... :hug

Where have you been hiding?

Yeah breaker and veritas are good too.... you should take part in the manhwa forums more..... :yelling.
I'm not sure on any good ending ones. All the manhwa I read are currently ongoing, if I recall correctly. So I'm not sure, lol. I guess this was a long winded answer.... :xp

what about Honorable Baek Dong Soo , AKA "The Swordsman." Its a manhwa that Easy going scans just started translating; the manhwa currently has 4-5 volumes, you should check it out.

Charlie
June 22, 2011, 04:27 PM
what about Honorable Baek Dong Soo , AKA "The Swordsman." Its a manhwa that Easy going scans just started translating; the manhwa currently has 4-5 volumes, you should check it out.

I might have read some chapters of that, I dont remember though.

thornofcarrion
June 23, 2011, 03:07 AM
Honorable Baek Dong Soo had only one chapter translated so far. The first chapter was very good. I hope it will come out regularly.

Then I must have read something else :Haha.

Host Samurai
June 24, 2011, 02:49 PM
@MangaConnoisseur: If I'm not mistaken Sun-ken Rock is a japanese manga but I might be wrong. :D

Ah, I forgot to add one of my favorite manwha by any chance is anyone of you guys reading Witch Hunter? It's a good manwha by the way.

scav
June 24, 2011, 09:51 PM
The swordman have been licensed in france, we rock :kukuku

anyway i started a manhwa called Chonchu, it's have been draw by the artist of Jackals. I don't know if it's have been translated in English, im reading them in french.
http://a34.idata.over-blog.com/300x430/1/09/97/98/Images-des-TOMES/chonchu-tome1.jpg

planning to read Achlord (the previous work of the artist of the breaker) after that.

@Host Samurai u're right about Sun ken rock, it's a manga.

BakaHaze
June 25, 2011, 09:41 PM
Lol the Baka-updates page for that is here:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.html?search=1136&stype=series

I wish there was a chinese title, then I could read the rest of it ~

ashher
August 15, 2011, 02:09 PM
Only saw Nam61 mentioning 'PRIEST' before. I wonder why more ppl aren't reading this. I came across this as i saw the recent movie. The manhwa has nothing in common with the so called adaption...but it is very good. The movie was decent. What i liked about the movie was that it was set in a kinda dystopian setting with church in control, plus a western mix to it. The manhwa on the other hand started on plain old west, which i generally like, but compared to the futuristic mix of western dystopian setting, seemed less appealing initially. But after first two volumes, the manhwa spawned out to timelines of our present world, crusade and biblical era of creation, plus the original western, making for a really really epic mythical storytelling. I've read upto 7th volume, and it seems to get better as it progresses(the exact opposite of the movie, i might add). Definitely recommended for anyone who is a fan of spaghetti western and gothic horror and cinematic action.

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Like Veritas, the Island is another manhwa which on indefinite hiatus. But both of them are sort of finished in the way they are now, specially Veritas. The island can be taken as three short stories. Even if nothing more comes out in either of those manhwas, i'd still recommend them as they are now. Btw, don't mix 'the island' with 'island' which is a one shot manga(also supposed to be pretty good, though i haven't read that yet). You can find the manhwa on mangafox iirc.

tenebrae
August 16, 2011, 11:16 PM
My top 2 are the breaker/the breaker new waves and tower of god for sure. freezing may be my number 3 or 4. Not sure where everything else falls really

BakaHaze
August 19, 2011, 08:59 AM
1. ROTL.(Ruler of the Land) Yeah, so what if I'm biased for working on it. It just keeps getting better; the cast is collosal, and we still have more than 50 volumes to go. :XD
2. The Tower of God. Yes. This thing, is amazingly Awesome. I can't believe I didn't read it before. And with all that stuff on Naver, I'm starting to wish I could read Korean more than ever.
3. Noblesse is below ToG cause the story's on flashback mode right now, with no super delicous crazy fighting going on :XD
4. Legend Of Maian. read it. It's good.
5. Freezing/Aflame inferno/whatever else Im Dal Young wrote. All good. And don't forget Breaker.

phio_chan
August 19, 2011, 09:03 AM
Honorable Baek Dong Soo had only one chapter translated so far. The first chapter was very good. I hope it will come out regularly.

So this series has a manga? :O I saw this title for a Korean drama a while ago. I guess I'll check it out later. Thanks for the info, thorn! :3

2. The Tower of God. Yes. This thing, is amazingly Awesome. I can't believe I didn't read it before. And with all that stuff on Naver, I'm starting to wish I could read Korean more than ever.
3. Noblesse is below ToG cause the story's on flashback mode right now, with no super delicous crazy fighting going on :XD

I'm having trouble putting position of Noblesse and Tower of God. I'd put them in the same level. Both are awesome, period. :hurr

And I'm reading more manhwa lately. After going through series of fantastical manhwa, I decided to try something calm, slice of life genres from manhwa. I'm reading Song of the Cloud of the moment, and so far so good. :)

thornofcarrion
August 26, 2011, 11:36 AM
Yep it has, two more chapters came out. So far the art has been really amazing. The plot is good too.

For anyone seeking good manhwas, I am sure most of you already know, egscans.com has many projects.

ashher
August 28, 2011, 01:15 PM
I've read ares upto around 90 chapters. I dunno how its gonna end up, but so far it's been very good. One of my favorites, so far.

---------- Post added August 29, 2011 at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was August 28, 2011 at 11:46 PM ----------

Btw i can't find any thread about ares. Could anyone open one?

phio_chan
August 29, 2011, 03:08 AM
Btw i can't find any thread about ares. Could anyone open one?

You can actually open one by yourself if you'd like, ashher. :D

Talking about favorite manhwa, I think I haven't seen anyone posted their favorite manhwa outside the genre of action, adventure, or fantasy? XD Just curious about it. I really like Song of the Cloud but the scanlation is halted for some reasons.

k-dom
August 30, 2011, 04:24 AM
The Ares page is here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/5121-Ares-by-Ryu-Geum-Chel)
To check if a manga thread already exists, the easiest way is to check directly in the MH database (http://mangahelpers.com/manga/browse/?perpage=10000) (in the top bar menu), if a thread exist , there is a link available in the second column. Sometime the link is available directly from the manga information page itself but the database is more complete

BakaHaze
August 31, 2011, 12:41 AM
Hrm, I can't think of any that are scanlated that don't fit the genres of action/adventure, only the shoujo/girl oriented ones do...

igotthegoods
September 25, 2011, 10:23 PM
The title of the thread is pretty self-explanatory. What's your favorite manhua? I've read loads of manga, a little bit of manhwa, but unfortunately almost no manhua. :( As I'd like to change that, why not tell me a little bit about your favorite series? Give me a good reason to check it out. :smile-big

As of now, I've only read a couple of manhua series written by Benjamin, my favorite of which was probably One Day (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/72644-One-Day-by-Benjamin) (MU link (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=30708)). It's a collection of one-shots, some drawn in black & white, some done in color, but all have Benjamin's gorgeous artwork. Highly recommend anything by him. Even if you don't usually care for this type of story, his stuff is sure to be visually stimulating. Give it a try. :3

ErosVp
December 16, 2011, 11:44 AM
The normal ones: Veritas, Ares, The Breaker.

Webcomics: Tower of God, Noblesse, Chaser, and maybe Kisswood i guess.

shaheer
December 17, 2011, 12:33 AM
Fav manhwa : Veritas, Breaker(NOT NEW WAVES), Id, Witch Hunter
Fav wbtoon: Tog, Noblesse

ErosVp
December 17, 2011, 02:27 AM
Fav manhwa : Veritas, Breaker(NOT NEW WAVES), Id, Witch Hunter
Fav wbtoon: Tog, Noblesse

Wahahahaha
Not Trace? XP

shaheer
December 17, 2011, 03:43 AM
hell no man not after the ending, but i got to give it A+ for building up a good plot
but as they say :: All's well that ends well

Gintama Sama
January 13, 2012, 11:29 PM
My top five Manhwa would have to be:

1. The Breaker and New Waves (First manhwa that I've read and my favorite)
2. King of Hell
3. ID
4. Veritas
5. Unbalance X Unbalance

Charlie
January 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
My top five Manhwa would have to be:

1. The Breaker and New Waves (First manhwa that I've read and my favorite)
2. King of Hell
3. ID
4. Veritas
5. Unbalance X Unbalance

Really can't complaint there. Although I've mostly dropped UXU after not having read it in a long time. I do like AflameInferno still.

matzik1212
January 26, 2012, 02:41 PM
My top manhwas are :
1. The Breaker+ New Waves
2. Noblesse
3. Tower of God
4. Shin Angyo Onshi
5. Ares
6. Defense Devil
7. Zippy Ziggy
8. Witch Hunter

---------- Post added January 26, 2012 at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was January 19, 2012 at 02:02 PM ----------

Really can't complaint there. Although I've mostly dropped UXU after not having read it in a long time. I do like AflameInferno still.

Speaking of Aflame Inferno from what i know it won't be continued , the translation i mean right ?
I also was tempted to start this manhwa but i know i will be disappointed if i won't get to know how it will end , especially since it's a completed series

Charlie
January 26, 2012, 07:33 PM
Speaking of Aflame Inferno from what i know it won't be continued , the translation i mean right ?
I also was tempted to start this manhwa but i know i will be disappointed if i won't get to know how it will end , especially since it's a completed series

I don't recall off hand what the case was. I thought it was pretty good - if it had continued.
According to mangaupdates - the last chapter scans were over 400 days ago. The volume is up to 6 in Korea but I think the author was focusing on his other works or something for the moment.

matzik1212
January 30, 2012, 02:10 PM
Oh then i guess i made a mistake :) . I don't know why but i thought this manhwa was completed , guess i mistook it for other series

:noworry and here is mangaupdate link (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=8161)

Jammin
February 23, 2012, 08:27 PM
My favorites are really separated into two tiers.

Tier 1(The REALLY good stuff)

1) Noblesse
2) Tower of God
3) The Breaker NW
4) Veritas
5) Legend of Tyr
6) ID

Tier 2 (The stuff I enjoy but I'm still waiting for something to let me make the leap into being a true fan.)
7) TAL
8) Girls of the Wilds
9) XO Sisters
10) Zen Martial Arts Academy
11) Magician
12) Paladin
13) The God of High School

k-dom
February 24, 2012, 01:55 AM
How come the classics shin angyo and ares are not there :-) seriously you should read them if you have not yet
I know Trace is also supposed to be but I have not read it yet

Jammin
February 24, 2012, 11:11 AM
How come the classics shin angyo and ares are not there :-) seriously you should read them if you have not yet
I know Trace is also supposed to be but I have not read it yet I've read both. Neither were really my cup of tea.

They weren't bad or anything but they just weren't for me. With Ares I had a hard time with the art and with Shin Angyo Onshi the main characters just never grabbed me very well.

Raizen
February 27, 2012, 01:10 AM
Unforunately some of the Manhwa that are suppose to be good, like Nobless, Breaker, Tower of God, etc are not completely scalanted. I hate waiting LOL

Veritas is probably one of my ALL time favorite. The characters, the actions, the powers! Everything! Only bad part was so many of my favorite characters died and the manhwa was discontinued. What a shame considering how those that read it love it.

Angyo is another I liked. Started off slow but got a lot better. Some of the chapters were very moving.

Ares was also good. The art wasn't superb but the plot and action were quick and not drawn out like the typical Shonen

phio_chan
February 27, 2012, 08:12 AM
Unforunately some of the Manhwa that are suppose to be good, like Nobless, Breaker, Tower of God, etc are not completely scalanted. I hate waiting LOL

I'm not following The Breaker so I couldn't say much, but Noblesse and Tower of God are still being published and the scanlations so far are up to date. :D

My favorite, of course, those two mentioned above. Besides them, I like Orange Marmalade as well. That reminds me that I need to catch up with it and check for new series. I really need to find more 'shoujo' manhwa, since I like Orange Marmalade quite much, I wonder if there are more of them. :P

k-dom
February 27, 2012, 08:42 AM
I think Pinocchio and Crepuscule can be considered Shoujo web comics. There is another girly fantastical web comic which seems to have success on Batoto called Kabura but I find it rather ugly.
In traditional manhwa, there is the bride of the water god.

Jammin
March 01, 2012, 02:34 PM
I know Trace is also supposed to be but I have not read it yet I just started "Trace" yesterday. It seemed kinda slow at first but as I'm progressing I'm really starting to like it a lot.. Very much an X-Men kind of story.

It's pretty long so it might be little while before I'm all caught up but thanks for mentioning it.:verily

Sema
March 03, 2012, 05:32 AM
my favourites in no order:
1. Tower of God
2. Noblesse
3. Breaker New Waves
4. Legend of Tyr
5. Gwisin Byeolgok
6. Legend of Maian

Cyrs
February 14, 2013, 04:22 AM
My #1 favorite would definitely be Noblesse. In fact, it very well might be my favorite series of anything right now. :)

I also always look forward to each chapter of Magician! It might take a little while for people to get into it, but if you read it up to the current chapters, you will NOT, I repeat, NOT be disappointed. (If you are, you aren't human! :verily)

There are some others that I've recently read through and keep up on (Soul Cartel, Crepuscle, TAL, etc).
And some of the more popular ones I've read a few chapters, but just couldn't get into them (Tower Of God, The Breaker: New Waves, etc).

---

Noblesse is definitely the top for me. I never expected I'd like it at all. It has some truly excellent, original, non-cliche characters, engaging plots, and well-placed humor. Just the humor alone makes me appreciate it so much. It's not the goofy 5-year-old type humor that Naruto has. It's more low-key, and put in when you don't expect it. Simple little jokes at times, but done so, so well. It's not supposed to be that funny, but the occasional humor thrown in never fails to make me laugh while reading it. Whereas, I very rarely laugh at the attempts at humor from Bleach or Naruto, for example.

apellon
April 09, 2013, 02:23 PM
i ve been reading manhwa for more than 10 years ... so some of them i already forgot the names ....
but at the moment , i would say that this is my ranking :
1- Tower of God
2- Breaker
3- noblesse
4- Feng Shen Ji ( a name that i never remember ... )

i liked ares , angio onshi and all ... but i have to say that those stand out ...

= Noblesse takes a long time at least 20chapters to start becoming interessting, but its a great flick... it is even more interesting when the vampire leaders start to enter the serie.... Yet the plot is a little too simple , and their is barely any character dev. this with the fact that people are stronger but their is no real reason or explanation or logic in it , it s only power.

= Feng : has lot of potential , it starts very differently that expected and its going in a very different direction that expected also , this manhwa is getting deeper and deeper with more and more possibilities, but its too soon to say if its gonna deliver .... anyhow for now , its an amazing manhwa.

= Breaker , is legit ... what can we say more? great stuff , i mean probably everyone reads it already... its one of those story that takes easily 20 chapter to start but the breaker , its undeniable , is one of the top readings right now. The charchter dev and the plot is very interesting and turns all over the place... and its really epic lot of action good stuff.

=Tower of God : now my little fav ... why ? cause it reminds me of the good time of HunterXhunter , but it could become even better.. lot of potential.. its like gon and kirua have been born again in a world that holds even more opportunities for them.... (also HxH was amazing but became only ok during Greedisland... and after greed ... dat insects monsters things really killed HxH.. that arch was so lame ... i guess that why now its in a huge hiatus .. nevertheless Hxh is amazing )
HxH aside ! why is it so great ? well easy , the art is great, its a whole new world ! its different ! the tower all the levels , all this families , all this things really make TOG unique , it has its own systeme and gods , yet everything is a test ! everything is "shounen" oriented ! will they be able to climb the tower ?

what is more fascinating to me (and thats why i love Hxh or TOG ..) is that its not only fights with a guy wich is more powerful , brainless plot with only someone getting stronger and stronger you dont really fully understand why.... yes it has this , ofcourse their is powerful people... but a big thing is that everything has an explanation !
when they fight or pass their tests ( cause they have challenge and tournaments everyother time) , well its intelligent ! their is a reason! .. Fisherman / spearbearer / lighthouse / wavecontroller , everyone has a different role and become better not only by increasing their power but also using their power the smart way.

all that aside , i m also very suprised by the plot dev. of the story , wich is really nice, and less cliche than most mangas or manhua ... expect to be suprised !! now for those like me reading TOG , you would agree : What the "F.U.G" is happening to baam ? :)

alright peace hope some people will have enough conviction to start reading those 4 titles ;)
thank me later.

ps: and yes @Nast.J is right , i got confused with manhua and manhwa .... and would say that Feng shen is then also the most interesting one to me ... and i dont feel like erasing all the other things i wrote :) ( it took some time :P .. out of topic but, oh well... )

Nast.J
April 09, 2013, 05:49 PM
@apellon: I think you've confused manwhas with manhuas. Tower of god, Noblesse, The Breakers are manwhas (korean webcomics) but manhuas are chinese webcomics like Feng Shen Ji (that you mentionned), City of Darkness etc..

As for me, my favorite is Feng Shen Ji, I don't read many manhuas but this one left me the biggest impression. The characters are interesting, the story is fascinating and advancing slowly but surely. The universe that has been created is so huge : the gods with their city's , the humans and the old gods ; the plot is pretty unpredictable .And last but not least, the art which happens to be amazing.

What more could you ask?

apellon
April 17, 2013, 05:53 PM
@apellon: I think you've confused manwhas with manhuas. Tower of god, Noblesse, The Breakers are manwhas (korean webcomics) but manhuas are chinese webcomics like Feng Shen Ji (that you mentionned), City of Darkness etc..

yea thanks ... i always get them mixed up

Themistocles
August 02, 2013, 05:09 PM
Vagrant Soldier Ares for me. But Noblesse, the Breaker (and New Wave), Veritas, and the City of Dead Sorcerer are close behind

0Xellos
August 02, 2013, 07:17 PM
Vagrant Soldier Ares for me. But Noblesse, the Breaker (and New Wave), Veritas, and the City of Dead Sorcerer are close behind

Have you tried TOG? (that's my favourite, probably)

apellon
August 05, 2013, 01:06 AM
Tower of god is a masterpiece, by far the best manhwa in fact its a crowning achievement in the Comics genre in general...
then :
the breaker , is one of the most solid manhwa ... ( takes a little longer time to start than most titles though ... right now its a little confusing were the title is going but it s still interesting and i m thinking it s probably a little less dev. just because its summer )

after those 2 :

you have other titles that are pretty cool like :
- magician ( little slow pace, but its an amazing adventure , close from a fantasy book LOTR style mixed with badass and asian influence :

http://manga.starkana.com/4143/132687/02.jpg

- god of highschool ( a little simple and straightfoward but pretty cool un fun to read) :

http://manga.starkana.com/3239/91003/TGoHS_ch11_p32.jpg
or

- noblesse ( it becomes more interesting once vampires get involved , but it s a little repetitive in term of story dynamic , it feels like it s waves after waves of new people coming to crash on the noble rock... but it s still really cool ;) , not my fav fav but i always like to read it , and enjoyed reading it.,, doubt anyone would be disappointed. )

- ID fusion is pretty cool also

- legend of tyr is a nice read , its pretty quick , nice little story of about 70 chapters... with lot of action , reminds me a little of fairytail but with a little more coherent, yet small plot

after that you have interesting reads like :

Ares ( very good but very repetitive ) / shin angyo ( its a classic , and a father of manhwa genre , but the story get messy a little .. and i dont really like "monsters" driven stories ... ) priest ( got to like the style..very serious ) ...
Trace is ok , im not sure how i feel about it.

i might forget some at the moment ...

but in my opinion stay away from : veritas .... its very generic and its like the breaker but less interesting (u better of with GOH if u want more fight or go to some other genre like manga or manhua ---> feng shen )
also , king of hell is pretty boring , it seems the story never lift off ...

strixflash
August 07, 2013, 09:19 AM
Noblesse Forever! Totally biased opinion, but it's my fav. comic despite its flaws! <3

phio_chan
August 08, 2013, 06:53 AM
Top spot is still a tie between Tower of God and Noblesse, no matter how they're going now. :XD

I realize those are more the 'shounen' manhwa. As for 'shoujo' manhwa, I actually like Orange Marmalade. Guess I have a soft side for story like that, much like with Twilight, but I think it's been quite a fun journey with the characters and the plot so far. I hope it won't end in strange way, especially like Twilight. ^^;

MiyamotoMusashi
August 08, 2013, 07:33 AM
Hmm,

The Breaker (http://myanimelist.net/manga/8586/The_Breaker)
ID (http://myanimelist.net/manga/595/Id)
Unbalance x Unbalance (http://myanimelist.net/manga/1121/Unbalance_x_Unbalance)
Dr. Frost (http://myanimelist.net/manga/40345/Dr._Frost)
Melo Holic (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=61710)
Diamond Dust (http://myanimelist.net/manga/54925/Diamond_Dust)
Can´t see can´t hear but love (http://myanimelist.net/manga/35171/Cant_See_Cant_Hear_But_Love)
Nabi (http://myanimelist.net/manga/12998/Nabi)
Annarasumanara (http://myanimelist.net/manga/30079/Annarasumanara)
Threads of Time (http://myanimelist.net/manga/553/Threads_of_Time)

shaheer
August 08, 2013, 01:53 PM
TOG takes the top place srsly
after that i think i ll say Breaker NW and Magician... thats my new present

k-dom
August 08, 2013, 02:28 PM
I stopped reading the breaker. I have no idea where the story wants to go and after several year where the hero didn't progress because of his broken ki center, he becomes almost invulnerable. And since it is not funny to compensate I lost interest.
Unfortunately HA Il-Kwon series which is my favourite manhwaka are not update and Trace is in hiatus so I don't read much manhwa recently. Maybe I should restart orange marmalade.

phio_chan
August 09, 2013, 10:26 AM
Maybe I should restart orange marmalade.

I should say Orange Marmalade is getting interesting. Finally a dynamic twist. As long as it's not dragged on unnecessarily, it will be okay. So go ahead. :)

scav
August 09, 2013, 12:17 PM
I stopped reading the breaker. I have no idea where the story wants to go and after several year where the hero didn't progress because of his broken ki center, he becomes almost invulnerable. And since it is not funny to compensate I lost interest.
Unfortunately HA Il-Kwon series which is my favourite manhwaka are not update and Trace is in hiatus so I don't read much manhwa recently. Maybe I should restart orange marmalade.
yeah i also miss trace; i hope you're on the ToG train.
my problem is i think i already read all the good manhwa

strixflash
August 09, 2013, 02:01 PM
Tower of God has went downhill from season two. The arcs are needlessly dragged on too much, the characters are getti.g annoying, and there are hardly any twists and mind games which would make ToG worth a read any further. Thankfully author do add some good stuffs in 10-15 chapters which is the sole reason I am able to continue it...

scav
August 09, 2013, 04:05 PM
Tower of God has went downhill from season two. The arcs are needlessly dragged on too much, the characters are getti.g annoying, and there are hardly any twists and mind games which would make ToG worth a read any further. Thankfully author do add some good stuffs in 10-15 chapters which is the sole reason I am able to continue it...

its quite the opposite for me, it became my fav manhwa because of the season 2. i didnt like the season 1 that much. it was all about rachel this, rachel that before. now its way more complicated.

KungPaoChicken
August 15, 2013, 07:51 PM
King Of Hell, hands down.

Utsune
August 29, 2013, 01:47 PM
Do Lao Fu Zi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Master_Q) count? :zomg
Been reading that since I was 5 along with Dragon Ball wahahaha...

Jammin
August 30, 2013, 12:19 PM
Right now my favorite ongoing Manhwa have fallen into a pretty firm top 5.

Top 5

Tower of God
Noblesse
The Breaker: New Waves
Magician
Divine Bells

My favorites are always those five in some order or other, depending a lot on whats going on in the series at the time (right now I'd probably put Magician on top). I like quite a few more series than that but for various reasons those don't really compete with the top five.

Still great but slightly lower tier

Ability
XO Sisters
Girls of the Wilds
The God of High School
The Legend of Maian
Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private Highschool
ID

I put ID in the second teir just because it's scanlation rate hurts it a lot. I have a hard time really immersing myself in a series that only seems to come out once a year. Even like that series a great deal.

Charlie
September 22, 2013, 06:02 AM
King Of Hell, hands down.
This is also a manhwa (Korean comic)

Mazino
October 02, 2013, 01:28 PM
City of Darkness,it has everything,great story/plot(s),great fights and i like the art

perspherspley
January 24, 2014, 07:54 AM
I can say that these three are my favourite manhwa/webtoon:
Noblesse
The Breaker Series
Tower of God

Lasix
January 27, 2014, 05:32 PM
My favourite two are Tower of God and One Piece
To mention some that more or less surprised me and i really enjoy reading:
- Magician
- Kubera
- Rakshasa Street
- Ability
- Flow
- Akame
- City of dead sorcerer

Hope you enjoy them and looking forward to your recommendations :)

4gh4st
January 28, 2014, 06:42 PM
For me my favorite manwhas have to be jack frost and march story (they're pretty new I guess? but jack frost has been around for awhile and is sort of ignored and not popular most of the time).

I'm so glad I found this forum! Was searching through and through for a forum that appreciated the existence of manwha this is like heaven for me <3

Cloudyrain
March 05, 2014, 05:04 PM
My Favorite TOP Manhwa ::
Kubera :zomg * YUTA* >////<
NOBLESSE :hip

...planning to read [ Tower of god , the breaker , the gamer] :derp

ProGoddess
April 18, 2014, 01:19 AM
Do Lao Fu Zi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Master_Q) count? :zomg
Been reading that since I was 5 along with Dragon Ball wahahaha...

I used to read 老夫子 (Lao Fu Zi) since I was a kid too. There were some other characters that always appeared together with him. Lao Fu Zi also had a girlfriend and his date with her was always a failure. Well, so were his two other friends. They got a lot of "slaps" from girls all the time. It was very funny. :teehee Hmm.. It may be hard to find these comics anymore. They must be considered as "collectors' items" now.

The current manhua I have been reading are 1/2 Prince and The Legend of Sun Knight. They are adapted from light novels of the same author. I have read the novels and they are very well written. The artwork in the manga is very well drawn as well. The stories are coupled with good sense of humour and creativity. I have enjoyed very much. :hee

Lao Fu Zi (the old man) and his friends
http://a1.att.hudong.com/21/55/01300000057455120323557526802.jpg

jasna
May 29, 2014, 04:19 PM
my favorite korean manhwa is Cheese in the Trap (http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=186811&weekday=thu)

the link is original Korean though. it's "serialized" in the same place where Tower of God and Noblesse are serializing (Naver), and it's currently one of their most popular series (used to be among top 3 i think; it has come down now slightly though since it's #2 among Thursday comics)

i don't think nobody's translating this though since i haven't seen this anywhere. the genre is kinda like 'thriller-romance (shoujo in manga terms)" as fans dubbed it :p it's about a guy and girl in college getting to know each other slowly but there's always this eery atmosphere going on about the guy that girl feels uneasy/suspicious about