PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 230 Discussion / 231 Predictions

ghostexiled
April 02, 2011, 08:50 PM
This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.
A spoiler post can be made synoptic.

Take this (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showpost.php?p=1294290&postcount=2) as an example of a synoptic spoiler post.

All the codes may look confusing but you'll learn fast and once you get it, it'll be an enjoyment for all.

So how do we work?

Step 1: Copy and paste this into your post:

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Source: (fill in the website etc where you found the spoiler)
Credits: (fill in the original poster of the spoiler)

Your spoiler here!

Step 2: Modify to fit your spoiler
[fieldset=spoiler script / spoiler pictures / spoiler translation]
Delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. If you are posting a spoiler translation, delete the other two.

Verification: fake / pending / confirmed
Once again, delete whichever does not apply to your spoiler. E.g. if you are posting a confirmed spoiler, leave confirmed and delete the other two. If you are unsure, just use pending.

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68784) and find translations here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/translations/).

The chapter is scheduled for a Saturday release between 00:01 and 23:59 (by Mangastream) If it shows up before... then great!! If not... then please be patient and do not start posting comments asking where the chapter is. Those comments will be deleted.

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.

LoS
April 09, 2011, 02:47 AM
So here are the images for tomorrow's release. Credits to mangahideout

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4008/ft1u.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/374/ft2c.jpg

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1097/ft3d.jpg

ghostexiled
April 09, 2011, 03:13 AM
that actually looks pretty funny and interesting... took a turn I was not expecting.

Ultear is a lovey dovey with Gray because of Juvia and Meldy?! :p

LoS
April 09, 2011, 03:14 AM
I don't know how to comment, other than I am shocked that Juvia did the good natured thing in less than one chapter. I thought for sure it would take her getting pummeled and beaten a good amount spanning 2 chapters or so before she took down Meldy.

And I really have no clue what is going on in the images to be honest

ghostexiled
April 09, 2011, 03:19 AM
that is what is great about Mashima... he usually doesn't drag out fights.

But I am pretty sure since Gray, Meldy, Juvia are linked that somehow Ultear is linked to those 3 as well.

So with Juvia being all loving with Meldy... the feelings are being transferred to Ultear.

With Mashima's kinda humor... I see it as Juvia and Ultear are more connected somehow and that is why Ultear is giving Gray the "I <3 you!" look.

goldb
April 09, 2011, 04:51 AM
I think the fights with the 7kin aren't dragging out because they aren't the focus of the arc maybe. Maybe Mashima is trying to get to the "good part" as quickly as possible, otherwise it'd jsut drag on.

Interesting pics there, can't wait to find out what happened to Urtear...

LoS
April 09, 2011, 04:55 AM
The problem with the above ^^ is that even when he gets to the interesting parts, i.e Hade's plan for Zeref, and Bluenote we will have already had a great many chapters in this arc and Mashima might feel rushed to finish the arc up and not be meticulous with the "big scope" plans.

ca12nag3
April 09, 2011, 05:36 AM
You uhm sure its because of the link they are all so friendlyish?? or just suspecting that? ^^"
[hr]
There is another thing btw, Gray isnt that happy to fight girls in the first place, remember when he was up against Juvia. And this is Uls daughter here :s I mean he cares deeply for his teacher so attacking her daughter wouldnt be the first thing in mind :D

1337 haxor
April 09, 2011, 05:48 AM
So it's basically confirmed that Meredy got the join the good guys treatment.

Good, the foreshadowing was there all along and in the future FT is going to have some awesome lolicon sauce to compliment the voluptous beauties.

Now the next most likely person to switch side would be Asuma, dude is a die hard warrior and I am starting to think that he is the person Cana was talking about.

Asuma is a guy who doesn't accept lack of strenght, he probably joined GH just for the sake of getting more powerful and is only natural that he would taunt Cana not to see him again until she was worthy (a.k.a. become an S class mage) of being in his presence.

Shiro Tsuki
April 09, 2011, 06:02 AM
00o0
That was a twist! I was not expecting the hug...
Maybe Juvia is hugging Meredy - all 3 of em are linked right?
So hugging Meredy means she is also hugging GraySama! :D (lame tho)

I don't want to see Meredy join FT! :_-

kkck
April 09, 2011, 08:10 AM
I think the fights with the 7kin aren't dragging out because they aren't the focus of the arc maybe. Maybe Mashima is trying to get to the "good part" as quickly as possible, otherwise it'd jsut drag on.

Interesting pics there, can't wait to find out what happened to Urtear...

Of course they are the focus of the arc. It's not like mashima is treating them any differently than other enemies. We have to remember mashima does not make long arcs, most of them don't even go past 40 chapters. We really should expect this arc to end within the next 10 chapters for that matter.

ca12nag3
April 09, 2011, 08:59 AM
Well is it possible that she wants to show Meredy/Melody (w/e) what it means to love someone? Its like all she does is hate and now she can *feel* what love is from how Juvia loves Gray.

saya1987
April 09, 2011, 09:25 AM
Just want to add a one line translation of utear's bottom speech bubble.
ultear: don't worry because I'm your ally.

1337 haxor
April 09, 2011, 10:02 AM
Just want to add a one line translation of what ultear was saying on the last page.
ultear: don't worry because I'm your ally.

:dancin

Oh yeah! That totally makes sense!

What the hell are you fuzzling out for Mashima? :notrust

Krono
April 09, 2011, 10:27 AM
:dancin

Oh yeah! That totally makes sense!

What the hell are you fuzzling out for Mashima? :notrust

My guess would be Ultear trying some manipulation on Gray. She's rather beat up and burdened with Zeref so she'd probably like to avoid a fight if she could.

ca12nag3
April 09, 2011, 10:29 AM
avoiding a fight with a blush on the face? thats not Mashimas way you know that :D Well see whats up soon enough.

sarutobi_sensei
April 09, 2011, 11:14 AM
Nah, she's manipulating because she knows that Gray was Ul student.

Shiro Tsuki
April 09, 2011, 12:02 PM
Ul has the reputation of manipulating people!
Jellal and Leon were both somehow driven by her ambitions...
She must surely have a plan for Gray as well -_-

kkck
April 09, 2011, 12:09 PM
I don't think Urtear at the moments cares about grey or leon one way or the other. Obviously the manga will address some serious plot issues with the two of them at some point but I do think at the moment urtear simply does not care. She was with grey and leon back in Garuna island and did nothing to either of them other than manipulate them. If she really harbored any ill will towards grey she could have easily finished him off back at garuna island right?

ca12nag3
April 09, 2011, 12:33 PM
There is no direct need to think shes tricking/deceiving Gray at this point. Just cause she did that with Leon and Jellal. Frankly both ocasions were to use them, here there is no way i believe she can use Gray (even if she wanted).

I have a theory that Ultear might in fact be Ul or a (rematerialized Ul) Not saying its so but pure theory. That might explain howcome shes friendly towards him.
Also since there is no real connection between Ultear and Gray since if shes realy Uls daughter she never even met Gray so thats that.

Also there is no reason for Meredy to want to kill Gray since Ultear doesnt seem to care for Ul anyways. (Unless she is Ul) then that changes a lot and explains why Meredy wants to make Gray pay for what he caused to Ul.

still just theory.

Just 2 things of fact seem clear from this chapter so far, Juvia is prolly trying to open up Meredys heart and Ultear calls herself an Ally towards Gray?

Sollum
April 09, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hmmm, for a moment there i thought that that was Zeref not gray, and he flashed about Ul... so i thought that Zeref was the one that impregnated Ul and that would possibly explain all that "Possessed by demon" stuff and cool magic of Ultear...

Are you sure it is Gray? =?

Ero-Sanji
April 09, 2011, 01:13 PM
Yes, there's no need to use him but a great need of avoiding unnecessary fights which she can do by manipulating him.

ca12nag3
April 09, 2011, 01:15 PM
Hmmm, for a moment there i thought that that was Zeref not gray, and he flashed about Ul... so i thought that Zeref was the one that impregnated Ul and that would possibly explain all that "Possessed by demon" stuff and cool magic of Ultear...

Uhm its a asumption so cant say for sure.
[hr]

Yes, there's no need to use him but a great need of avoiding unnecessary fights which she can do by manipulating him.

if its said to him its not manipulation for sure, she wouldnt blush. Thats to much.

chess4
April 09, 2011, 01:31 PM
each arc the fairy tail loses members and gain members. like mystogan left them and lisanna came back and panterlilly joined.

already this arc caprico has joined them and it seems the little girl juvia is fighting will to also there is an outside chance the mystogan fake apprentice joins as well. this is why i think that markorov is done for, if all of them join, i dont see anyone else dying or leaving this arc, so it has to be someone big.

hades, bluenote, urtear, and a couple others will survive from grimore heart this. they will definitely be back later on in the story.

kkck
April 09, 2011, 01:56 PM
Well, technically caprico did not join fairy tail but rather he simply became lucy's spirit. It's not like when gazille, wendy or jubia joined or even like the loki situation as he indeed is as much as mage of fairy tail as lucy or natsu are. I guess it is not outside the realm of possibilities for meldy to join though.

Host Samurai
April 09, 2011, 02:06 PM

Well it's safe to say that it's indeed Gray due to the Ur flashback at the bottom right of the spoiler pic.

Now that he has a closer look on Ultear's face, he probably compares them to another. And is irritated by her words. But I have to admit that Ultear looks stunning on that pic. :p

Sollum
April 09, 2011, 02:35 PM
Well it's safe to say that it's indeed Gray due to the Ur flashback at the bottom right of the spoiler pic.

Yeah, i noticed that pic in corner, that why i thought "What a damn plot twist! Zeref knew Ul!"

MonsterEnvy
April 09, 2011, 03:07 PM
Well, technically caprico did not join fairy tail but rather he simply became lucy's spirit. It's not like when gazille, wendy or jubia joined or even like the loki situation as he indeed is as much as mage of fairy tail as lucy or natsu are. I guess it is not outside the realm of possibilities for meldy to join though.

she is part of a dark guild and a known Criminal even if she allies with them she will just be arrested like Richard was but honestly I don't think she will stay with the group and will go back to her adopted father and siblings

1337 haxor
April 09, 2011, 03:36 PM
she is part of a dark guild and a known Criminal even if she allies with them she will just be arrested like Richard was but honestly I don't think she will stay with the group and will go back to her adopted father and siblings

I don't think things will go that way, there has been much foreshadowing that Fairy Tail will at some point be labeled a dark guild and forced to live on the edge while fighting the magic council.

If that is to follow, which probably will given that Zeref was hidden in the holiest ground of FT and the guild went to war with GH without council approval, then Meredy and any other Grimmoire Heart members that join Fairy Tail will not be differentiated by their past crimes.

In this sense it's actually good that we have some people used to the darkness in FT because even the people who came from Phantom Lord aren't much keen to what is to be an illegal dark guild.

BlackHair
April 09, 2011, 03:49 PM
Im disappointed. My last hope in this arc: Death of Cana.

Still I like the simple fact, that fights don't drag to long.

MonsterEnvy
April 09, 2011, 07:00 PM
Im disappointed. My last hope in this arc: Death of Cana.

Still I like the simple fact, that fights don't drag to long.

be dissappointed when the chapter actully comes out you don't know whats going to happen

1337 haxor
April 09, 2011, 08:02 PM
be dissappointed when the chapter actully comes out you don't know whats going to happen

He is just a downer...

As far as it goes I am not dissapointed the way things went, Mashima may have used the old nakama power up sistem that has been in every manga since the 80's but at least he admited it openly through a character.

The 7 kin are more or less as powerful as they should, it may have been that in the beggining they would be even stronger than OS as a whole but then Mashima prefered to change the way a dark guild is structured.

Grimmoire Heart follows the same structure as Fairy Tail, afterall it was founded by an ex-master of it. It has 4 high level S-Class mages (Azuma, Ultear, Meredy and Rustyrose), a monstrous level S-Class mage (Bluenote Stinger) and a godlike level guild master (Hades).

Then we have powerful yet not S-class members (Zancrow, Zoldio and Kain) just like FT has Natsu, Gray and Gazille.

Ultimately we also have a mass of conscripts like FT has tons of useless secondary characters. :p

So far the war is on a hard tie considering nobody dies in this series, both FT and GH incapacitated out several members of their opposing force (Mirajane, Elfman, Evergreen, Gazille, Lily, Leo and Makarov for FT and Kain, Zoldio, Zancrow, Karasu and Yomazu for GH).

It's not like another series where a lieutenant get's cut down, crushed and impaled several times sucessively only to score a critical blow to the neck of an absurdingly stronger adversary later.

Another thing we must look upon is the whole dying thing, the more we expect it to happen the least probable it becomes.

Authors write the death of characters to cause as much impact as possible, if we know it's coming then there is nothing to gain from killing someone already in a grave.
[hr]

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/83253425/1

Out!

BlackHair
April 09, 2011, 08:10 PM
be dissappointed when the chapter actully comes out you don't know whats going to happenMy statement was referring to Juvia hugging Meredy (or sth). Chapter is out by now and unfortunately it turned out to be as I expected.

Im surprised that Gray knew who Urtear was. I mean her role in the council.

he knew who ultear was when he went on a waitressing job with team natsu. The chef mentioned ultear's betrayal when he talked about the council.yes of course, I did forget that. ty

saya1987
April 09, 2011, 08:22 PM
he knew who ultear was when he went on a waitressing job with team natsu. The chef mentioned ultear's betrayal when he talked about the council.

Anyway, the only parts that I like about this chapter is meldy's past. Their fight ended in a weird way...seriously, couldn't they hug and lean on each other instead of falling backwards into the water?

Just want to make a point that fights are usually end in 2 chapters...now that we're done with juvia's fight, next chapter will probably be some of ultear's revelations and some other stuff.

As for ultear, I don't think she's tricking gray. She seems sincere with her blush. I guess may be all she meant was being gray's and not the whole of FT's ally. May be she served zeref to bring her mum alive?

ca12nag3
April 09, 2011, 08:24 PM
pff kinda mindboggled by this chapter, the entire last page just doesnt add up :D. Being his ally?

Anyways the part of the emotions was good. She didnt join FT or w/e she just got shown that she needs to live and the shared emotion with Juvia for Gray prolly kicked in and made her not want to kill him anymore. < seems like her own power worked against her.

Good to see some background, but how does *It* remind her of herself? The only one we know so far that picked up a kid after a wave of distruction is Ul.... so thats the 2nd thing that doesnt add up ^^.

Edit: well add up, something weve heard before :D. Its just that the idea of picking up a kid is used twice here ^^ Kinda striking.

LoS
April 09, 2011, 08:37 PM
The only positives from this chapter are that the fight is over, and very quickly at that.

We get to move on to bigger and better sub plots.

Bluenote will presumably make his move now.

And I will comment later, but there are quite a few posts in this thread where people are being all too presumptuous. It really isn't good stating things that are no where close to being proven.

MonsterEnvy
April 09, 2011, 08:47 PM
it looks like meredy is going to stick with Grimore Heart

MAX_COLA_POWER!
April 09, 2011, 08:54 PM
I call B.S. on this whole ally thing. She did the same thing to Lyon and to Jellal. She's gonna manipulate the fact that she's Ul's daughter on Gray to help her out with Zeref and when she's done with him, she's gonna try and kill him.

1337 haxor
April 09, 2011, 08:54 PM
The only positives from this chapter are that the fight is over, and very quickly at that.

We get to move on to bigger and better sub plots.

Bluenote will presumably make his move now.

And I will comment later, but there are quite a few posts in this thread where people are being all too presumptuous. It really isn't good stating things that are no where close to being proven.

As long as they aren't mine fine. XD

Meredy's treatment was good, joining FT out of blue would be non sense but the fact they gave her a flashback is a major difference from her fallen comrades.

Up until now we have just seen a bunch of evil mages talking about world domination and the usual villaneous crap of being all powerful but Meredy begins a change in the sense that she gave a an emotional face to Grimmoire Heart.

Next chapter comes the big Ultear revelation we have all been waiting for and we will know who Grimmoire Heart really is and what is that they dream of by freeing Zeref.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
April 09, 2011, 09:01 PM
Hmm, now that I think about it, this may be the perfect setting for Erza to come in. Here's how I see it, ally this, bla bla bla time spent together, when she done with him, she'll try to off him, then Erza makes the save, Ultear talks about Jellal, and the fight is on.

1337 haxor
April 09, 2011, 09:02 PM
I call B.S. on this whole ally thing. She did the same thing to Lyon and to Jellal. She's gonna manipulate the fact that she's Ul's daughter on Gray to help her out with Zeref and when she's done with him, she's gonna try and kill him.

I will explain the situation with a short parody comparison:

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/64x64crop/aizen-217609.jpg?1256341778http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt239/emotesplz/th_saysplz.gifHey Momo! I changed my ways and decided we can be allies! Come over here.
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/polls/536000/536523_1284061356036_50.jpg?v=1284061762http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt239/emotesplz/th_saysplz.gifReally?! I am so hap...
http://www.rnel.net/images/tutorials/realistic_blood_splatter-4822.jpg
http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/64x64crop/aizen-217609.jpg?1256341778http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt239/emotesplz/th_saysplz.gifhttp://ranger.gamebanana.com/img/av/441759.jpg

MAX_COLA_POWER!
April 09, 2011, 09:05 PM
And that is why you rock haxor. Does that mean she'll turn into into a butterfly then into a Venom/Carnage tribute Cosplayer too?

LoS
April 09, 2011, 09:11 PM
Anyone else notice how Zancrow and Kain didn't age at all from that flashback?

Urtear matured slightly in the face, but Zancrow and Kain look the exact same.

I thought they were all supposed to be fairly young, from the flashback till now they should have changed appearance.

Zeltrax
April 09, 2011, 09:15 PM
^ I thought that way too.
So that means Meldy is the youngest.

Firstly, grats to people who predicted meldy will join and I think its pretty obvious now.

After the flashback, if urtear is really an ally, it'll make sense for her to join too.
From the flashback, we can tell she is not as bad as we think she is.
And then the last page, she may have reasons for doing the things she did :eyeroll.
Maybe I'm assuming too much.
Anyway, if next chapter is going to be talking with no fighting and it's going to go that direction, gray might not have a fight in his hands in this arc.
I don't want that :oh

tobeulp
April 09, 2011, 09:25 PM
I think Ultear knows what exactly happen to Ur sacrifice... I think it had something to do with the Council/Alliance.. Or Ultear wants to revive Ur and Zeref is the key for that...

swordsaintscoot
April 09, 2011, 10:35 PM
well exactly what we expected happened

how frustrating.

im enjoying the fast pace of this arc. I like that they're getting the story out there as quick as possible, and to me it doesnt feel rushed, they're just cutting the fat out of the absurdly long fights that happen sometimes...

MonsterEnvy
April 09, 2011, 10:57 PM
^ I thought that way too.
So that means Meldy is the youngest.

Firstly, grats to people who predicted meldy will join and I think its pretty obvious now.

After the flashback, if urtear is really an ally, it'll make sense for her to join too.
From the flashback, we can tell she is not as bad as we think she is.
And then the last page, she may have reasons for doing the things she did :eyeroll.
Maybe I'm assuming too much.
Anyway, if next chapter is going to be talking with no fighting and it's going to go that direction, gray might not have a fight in his hands in this arc.
I don't want that :oh

she will only Join if Ultear joins and thats never going to happen she will stick with Grimoire Heart what happened was do to her sharing Juvia's emotions for a bit and her telling her to live

Krono
April 09, 2011, 11:01 PM
Anyone else notice how Zancrow and Kain didn't age at all from that flashback?

Urtear matured slightly in the face, but Zancrow and Kain look the exact same.

I thought they were all supposed to be fairly young, from the flashback till now they should have changed appearance.

I always figured they were of a relatively wide age range. Meledy was clearly the youngest given how Ultear and Zancrow treated her. Zoldeo would have been mid to late teens at the youngest three years before Lucy was even born, so he'd be closer to Macao in age. Ultear judging by the ToP arc is around Gerard/Erza's age, so probably 19-21. The rest looked to be around their mid-twenties.

hossice
April 09, 2011, 11:22 PM
What does zancrow mean in the top right corner;
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/83253425/11

confused o_0

1337 haxor
April 09, 2011, 11:36 PM
she will only Join if Ultear joins and thats never going to happen she will stick with Grimoire Heart what happened was do to her sharing Juvia's emotions for a bit and her telling her to live

Not at least before Zeref strucks a sword through her chest and rambles how useless she is to him.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41598_143647842324623_3711_q.jpghttp://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/198/0/d/Harribel_Icon_by_Jenndragon.jpghttp://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt239/emotesplz/th_saysplz.gifF*ck you plz!

This arc won't end well for none of this GH folks at least from a moral standpoint.

Hades is a jerk, he knows very well that Zeref is no saviour and only wishes to gain his power for himself but he tricked all those youngsters into believing that dark magic is right and peaceful cohesistence with humans is wrong.

http://media.strategywiki.org/images/5/55/Portrait_XMVSF_Magneto.pnghttp://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt239/emotesplz/th_saysplz.gifI think he has a point.

Bluenote is likely the only one doing things for lulz in this place unless somebody pulls a painful love story from his ass.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/avatar_4c1648a49bd6_64.pnghttp://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/64x64crop/rangiku-matsumoto-42230.jpg?1173014533http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt239/emotesplz/th_saysplz.gifPerhaps...
http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/64x64crop/cana-alberona-300027.jpg?1294488784http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt239/emotesplz/th_saysplz.gifI don't like where this is going.

As for Zeref he will troll Hades attempt to control him and reveal it was all part of his uber plan to take over the word and redo it at his godly image.

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/64x64crop/aizen-217609.jpg?1256341778http://files-cdn.formspring.me/profile/20110331/n4d949455b568b_medium.jpghttp://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt239/emotesplz/th_saysplz.gifWHEEEEEEEEEE!!!

LoS
April 10, 2011, 12:04 AM
Ultear judging by the ToP arc is around Gerard/Erza's age, so probably 19-21. The rest looked to be around their mid-twenties.

Wrong, Urtear claims to be the eldest member (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/221/19) so she should be older in appearance than Azuma.

Although, we know she can't be older than Zoldeo, so maybe the translation is in error and should be translated as longest tenured member. Meaning, she has been part of GH the longest of the 7 kin.

saya1987
April 10, 2011, 12:05 AM
What does zancrow mean in the top right corner;
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/83253425/11

confused o_0

it means that kain, ultear, zancrow were on a mission "to exterminate the people of the dormant land" as ordered by zeref's key. However, meldy survived and ultear wanted to keep her so zancrow protested as doing so would go against zeref's orders.Kain then mentioned that it would be okay to keep meldy since she has a strong magic flow.

haha...I didn't know that zeref's key could talk!

Ero-Sanji
April 10, 2011, 12:26 AM
Wrong, Urtear claims to be the eldest member (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/221/19) so she should be older in appearance than Azuma.

Although, we know she can't be older than Zoldeo, so maybe the translation is in error and should be translated as longest tenured member. Meaning, she has been part of GH the longest of the 7 kin.

Eldest doesn't necessarily mean oldest by age but by the time she actually joined GH and became a kin.

Anyway, Ultear is lying through her teeth, talking about how much she wanted to meet him... She had the chance didn't do squat and also what makes Gray so special from Leon. She manipulated her mothers first student, can't see why she wouldn't do it with the second.

Aikidoka
April 10, 2011, 12:29 AM
I've seen "eldest" used in terms of "first", as in "first apprentice", not necessarily the oldest. I don't know whether this was the case, we'll have to look at the translation to make sure.

Krono
April 10, 2011, 01:21 AM

I would assume that by "eldest" she meant she was the first member of it, as she's clearly not the oldest.

The alternative translation available tends to support that:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c221/19.html

Actually, after checking the raw, Ultear calls herself the osa(長) of the 7 kin, which translates as chief/head. So yeah, nothing is really implied about any of their ages there.

LoS
April 10, 2011, 01:36 AM
Eldest doesn't necessarily mean oldest by age but by the time she actually joined GH and became a kin.

You serious? I literally wrote this in my post :s

And yes, I tend to agree with the common thought of the last 3 posts that it is representative of her being with the guild longest/the leader having the most responsibilities. I wouldn't normally say it indicates she is the strongest, but I really don't doubt that she is.

Zeltrax
April 10, 2011, 02:41 AM

Never going to happen? I'm not so sure after the last page of this chapter.
Meldy have fairy tail material written all over her face.

Ero-Sanji
April 10, 2011, 02:50 AM
@LoS

Yes, and I further stated that eldest member doesn't really have to do with age.

MonsterEnvy
April 10, 2011, 03:02 AM
Never going to happen? I'm not so sure after the last page of this chapter.
Meldy have fairy tail material written all over her face.

Meredy is loyal to Grimoire Heart you think she is just going to ditch the people she has willing lived with for who knows how many years just to join the guild of a girl that hugged her

Ultear lies all the time and her goal is Zeref she is lying

Kurohitsugi
April 10, 2011, 03:12 AM
I don't think that Ultear is lying. I start to suspect what's probably her main goal. Maybe "reviving" Zeref is somehow the only way to revive her mother Ur. Zeref can create the ultimate world, where everything is possible through magic. Since Gray was one of her mother's apprentices and he loved her and admired her so much, Ultear is quite sure that Gray will quit FT and will join her. I guess she said she is his ally. She is ally to Gray not to Fairy Tail.

It's all pure speculation but in the next chapter she will try to make Gray join her and Gray will refuse and turn down her offer since FT is his family now. I am guessing that Ultear will try to meet Lyon as well (I mean undisguised), if she hasn't done that already .

There are so many thing to be addressed : Hades and Zeref, Cana, Mavis' grave, Bluenote, the upcoming Council's actions etc. This arc is definitely a cornerstone to the whole series' plot. Everyone is connected to it somehow. I can't wait to see the finale. :)

PS : Another strange idea that I came up yesterday which is 100% random is that the person for whom Cana wants to become a S-class mage is Guran Doma (http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Guran_Doma). :eyeroll :tem

jorped
April 10, 2011, 03:43 AM
nice chapter! about ultear i don't really know if she is lying or not , but i wouldn't be very surprised if she wasn't.

meepers4982
April 10, 2011, 05:07 AM
really like how the battle between juvia and meldy concluded and i like how this arc is shifting its focus to gray. Definately an interesting arc and now im even more curious at how its going to be finished especially with the hand and whose hand that is.

Jorge D. Dragon
April 10, 2011, 06:07 AM
I actually can't say that I liked the chapter, the same as the previous chapter.:)
The only thing that grasped my attention actually was the end of the chapter where we got something about Ultear and that it's connected somehow with Gray. It really might be connected with the possibility of reviving Ur or something else. We don't know, but I hope we are getting something interesting in the next chapter.:)

saladesu
April 10, 2011, 06:39 AM
Interesting chapter, and a nice way to turn Meredy's Maguilty on its own head. Might this also mean that Meredy might possibly switch sides, now that she has realized her own emotions etc?

Also, I'm not sure if Ultear is lying. I agree with Kurohitsuji that it's very possible that while Ultear may not be aligning herself with Fairy Tail themselves, she might want to recruit Gray to join her cause, thinking that her goal is something Gray would want a hand in as well. In fact I think this is the most likely development that we will see in the next chapter :)

ca12nag3
April 10, 2011, 07:15 AM
Regardless if Ultear wants to bring back Ul or not Gray ows her, basicaly he still blaims himself for Uls death. So if her daughter needs his help for a *good* cause hed help.
Also need to remind that Ultear did not care for peoples lives 1 bit in achieving her goals so even if her goal is reviving Ul > she does it by sacrificing a lot of innocent lives.
Zeref btw might know how to bring back the dead its just the way Ultear choses is destruction, i doubt her mom would be happy to see her if shes brought back thrue a path af carnage :D

wooticus
April 10, 2011, 07:35 AM
so another one of the 7 kin down. 3 more left. and we got erza & cana so i guess those two agaisnt rusty rose and asuma.. on the other side we'll have gildarts to return.. maybe even laxus..

shuha27
April 10, 2011, 09:30 AM
This chapter was pretty okay. The only part I really liked was the end.It would be pretty interesting if Ultear is actually Gray's ally. I kind of believe it but her personality is sooo confusing.

I hope Meredy does not join FT and stays in GH

ca12nag3
April 10, 2011, 10:23 AM
This chapter was pretty okay. The only part I really liked was the end.It would be pretty interesting if Ultear is actually Gray's ally. I kind of believe it but her personality is sooo confusing.

I hope Meredy does not join FT and stays in GH

Ultear butcherd people for w/e reason :D
-The Tower
-And she singlehandedly destroyed the entire council *not that anybody minds*
-She seems to have destroyed Meredys hometown, together with the other 7kin.
-She melted the ice on the demon/monster, wich possibly means even if there is a spell to reverse Ul back to life...there is no more ice to turn back

Im realy not so sure about Ultears intentions, if she thinks to undo things with Time magic aided by Zerefs power? Perhaps?

About Meredy, she goes where Ultear goes, if Ultear goes FT she goes too if Ultear stays in GH same. If Ultear leaves GH for her own reasons wich i think she will Meredy is gonna follow her.

kkck
April 10, 2011, 10:30 AM
This is very strange to say the least. Urtear has repeatedly shown she does not have the warmest feelings towards her mother to say the least.
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7161-10/fairy-tail/chapter-46.html
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/214/16

If she really dislikes Ur then there wouldn't be any reason for her to hate or love grey. It'd be interesting although cliche if ur was trying to get zeref to do something for her mom though. Ur was supposedly alive in the ice that encased deliora and when that ice melted it went to the ocean. Zeref has a magic that seemingly controls life and death so if there is a type of magic that can help it is this one.

This chapter also gave some insight for Ur's past too. If meldy reminded her of herself then perhaps the circumstances for losing her own family are similar to those of meldy's. Ur probably just assumed Urtear died in some catastrophy and left her for dead while someone else found her. I would think it was hades who found her for the most part. I find it interesting that zeref's key would order the destruction of a town. It is even borderline absurd that Urtear would be responsible for the destruction of her home and she still took in meldy. Perhaps hades was responsible for whatever that made Ur leave urtear for dead and hades still took her in.

shuha27
April 10, 2011, 11:14 AM
Ultear butcherd people for w/e reason :D
-The Tower
-And she singlehandedly destroyed the entire council *not that anybody minds*
-She seems to have destroyed Meredys hometown, together with the other 7kin.
-She melted the ice on the demon/monster, wich possibly means even if there is a spell to reverse Ul back to life...there is no more ice to turn back

Im realy not so sure about Ultears intentions, if she thinks to undo things with Time magic aided by Zerefs power? Perhaps?

About Meredy, she goes where Ultear goes, if Ultear goes FT she goes too if Ultear stays in GH same. If Ultear leaves GH for her own reasons wich i think she will Meredy is gonna follow her.

Ultear seriously has one of the most perplex personalities, IMO. I seriously don't know what to believe if she really is telling the truth to Gray or not. Most likely she is lying but I still think she may actually be Gray's "ally" in some way. I just get that feeling from her..LOL

It would be pretty interesting if she wanted to use her magic with the aid of Zeref to undo some things in her life. Maybe she isn't so bad :blink

Your correct about Meredy. I should have thought of it like that.

Ero-Sanji
April 10, 2011, 01:03 PM
Ur probably just assumed Urtear died in some catastrophy and left her for dead while someone else found her. I would think it was hades who found her for the most part. I find it interesting that zeref's key would order the destruction of a town. It is even borderline absurd that Urtear would be responsible for the destruction of her home and she still took in meldy. Perhaps hades was responsible for whatever that made Ur leave urtear for dead and hades still took her in.

Interesting many seem to think the "Key" ordered the extermination but I read it as the key itself being ordered to do the extermination. Which brings forth quite an interesting phenomenon.

If I'm not mistaken Deliora was one of Zeref's key, no?
Gray like Meldy was also found as the sole survivor of a terrible attack on a village. We can surely figure out that the reason the GH searched the village was to find clues on the Zeref and maybe gather a/the "Key" but why would Ul together with Leon enter a destroyed village? The only explanation I can think of is that she was searching for clues about her daughter who might have suffered the same kind of experience that both Gray and Meldy went through.

Should Ultear also have been a victim of a "Key" than the question is why is there also one lone kid left alive? Apparently, Hades raised the kids as his own, perhaps all of the Kin are victims of the "Keys" and perhaps that's the reason why Ultear claimed herself to be an ally of Gray.

Crazy theory: What if Zeref tried to breed some super children powerful enough to challenge the children of the Dragons...!!!!!

Gray and Natsu seem to be at the same age whereas Ultear seems older and so does Gazille, then we have Meldy at a much younger age corresponding to the age of Wendy.

Bhoot
April 10, 2011, 01:24 PM
This is very strange to say the least. Urtear has repeatedly shown she does not have the warmest feelings towards her mother to say the least.
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7161-10/fairy-tail/chapter-46.html
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/214/16

If she really dislikes Ur then there wouldn't be any reason for her to hate or love grey. It'd be interesting although cliche if ur was trying to get zeref to do something for her mom though. Ur was supposedly alive in the ice that encased deliora and when that ice melted it went to the ocean. Zeref has a magic that seemingly controls life and death so if there is a type of magic that can help it is this one.

This chapter also gave some insight for Ur's past too. If meldy reminded her of herself then perhaps the circumstances for losing her own family are similar to those of meldy's. Ur probably just assumed Urtear died in some catastrophy and left her for dead while someone else found her. I would think it was hades who found her for the most part. I find it interesting that zeref's key would order the destruction of a town. It is even borderline absurd that Urtear would be responsible for the destruction of her home and she still took in meldy. Perhaps hades was responsible for whatever that made Ur leave urtear for dead and hades still took her in.

Maybe she is just provoking Gray by calling him an ally as he did eventually lead to the destruction of her mother .

I assume that somehow Ul gained some powers because of which her father took her from her mother . Ul didn't wanna go but Ur didn't do anything about it for whatever reason and hence Ul thinks of her as her enemy .

morau-san
April 10, 2011, 02:02 PM
i think gray is winning this manga. two hot chicks converted from the enemy side to be with him? he should change his magic type from ice to pimpage

luffyg2
April 10, 2011, 04:08 PM
Was wondering how juvia would get out of this situation ... never though it would be done without much of a fight... guess that was the logical way to go to avoid that the three of them die at the same time...

Apache2813
April 10, 2011, 04:09 PM
i think gray is winning this manga. two hot chicks converted from the enemy side to be with him? he should change his magic type from ice to pimpage... epic :D
anyway am i the only one that i think this chapter was epic?? great plot twist and i'm really looking forward for the next chapter...what's up with Ultear?
and smothing more... we have a new person here... bluenote...maybe he is the guy cana is searching for... just a wild guess only though :P

ca12nag3
April 10, 2011, 04:20 PM
i think gray is winning this manga. two hot chicks converted from the enemy side to be with him? he should change his magic type from ice to pimpage

As he is based of Musica from Rave its not that wild a idea :D

White Silver King
April 10, 2011, 04:26 PM
I don't know how I feel about this chapter. I liked that it set up for Melody to join FT (though how they'll get her to leave Ultear I don't know) but it also made her look so much weaker. Her Maguilty Sense is completely useless except for very very very select circumstances, and the injuries can't be shared. Hopefully her powers take a complete 180 during her time in FT so her MSen can actually be of some use.

I'm 2000% positive Ultear is just manipulating Gray like she always does (though that flashback makes me think it might be possible for her to join FT too, that would make me extraordinarily happy). And the only reason I can think of that Ultear would have for bringing back Ur, it would be to kill her herself. She hates her mother.

As for Ultear's feeling for her mother, I'm sticking to my original theory. She believes Hades to be her actual father (her comment about Ur being dumped by her father seems to me to indicate that she sees her father in a positive light) and he probably told her that her mother abandoned her (i.e. the sad look on her face when she said "I was a speck in my mother's life"), possibly to teach Leon and Gray.

Askia32
April 10, 2011, 04:40 PM
At first, I was all kinds of confused with this chapter. Ultear seems to know alot, and it seems to me she may even know about the Dragons disappearing. I really got the feeling this chapter that she is really lonely which is why she was so gentle with Zeref and Gray. Trying to explain this would take paragraphs so, I won't go into detail unless someone asks.

Juvia's strong emotions was pretty dope. Is it just me, or did Juvia look a lot like Lucy this chapter?

Lee-tyme7
April 10, 2011, 08:05 PM
Ultear is lying!! Don't listen to her Gray! XD This is the girl who manipulate Gerard to believed he was working for Zeref and she was just fighting with Natsu earlier. She also happen to hates her mother which led me to believe what she told gray about being ally was a gratitude for killing her mother.
[hr]

wait...what? If Urtear is Ul's daughter and Gray & Leon was her students that she treated like son's then wouldn't they all be like brothers & sister? Yeah I would see it like that, kinda gross but if Urtear would end up liking someone my best bet would be Natsu for she said to Gerard that he was interesting.

cleodux
April 10, 2011, 08:19 PM
hmm yeah theoritically stupid if Ultear really ally herself with Gray, she was the one who manipulated lyon(leon) her mother's student. What stop her to manipulated Gray as well.

Since it has been revealed that Hades was the previous master of FT, this kind of development is not shocked me anymore.

saya1987
April 10, 2011, 10:57 PM
ultear will not be joining FT in the near future. The council will lock her away for her crimes.

Anyway, for all you know, ultear could be putting an act of hating her mum in front of gerard to gain his trust. May be she really secretly likes and respects her mum a lot so she doesn't allow anyone to call her ur because she believes she isn't as great as her mum and thus, doesn't deserve to be called ur.

Zeltrax
April 11, 2011, 02:49 AM
The council locking urtear into the prison is a nice theory.
She can then join Gerald and maybe from the start they planned this all along, urtear and gerald planned to get to jail on purpose and hatch their secret evil plan together as a couple.
:derp

ca12nag3
April 11, 2011, 06:46 AM
Ultear most resembles Reina from Rave, i wouldnt see it impossible for her to die eventualy ^^

Razh
April 11, 2011, 04:09 PM
Is it just me, or did Juvia look a lot like Lucy this chapter?

It's not just you, I noticed some resemblance as well, know what I'm sayin'? (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/83253425/3);)

Not even sure what to think about Urtear shit. I'm just going to pretend it didn't happen until there's some explanation.

Apache2813
April 11, 2011, 04:22 PM
hmmm is it just me that thinks someone will be jealous if Ultear joins FT? hypothetically speaking of course

ca12nag3
April 11, 2011, 04:54 PM
It's not just you, I noticed some resemblance as well, know what I'm sayin'? (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/83253425/3);)

Not even sure what to think about Urtear shit. I'm just going to pretend it didn't happen until there's some explanation.

Read Rave and youll go more (wt (f)) :D
Seriously lots of this stuff is altered plotlines from Rave. Or you could say this is how Mashima thinks about life/his characters lives

Razh
April 11, 2011, 06:17 PM
Read Rave and youll go more (wt (f)) :D
Seriously lots of this stuff is altered plotlines from Rave. Or you could say this is how Mashima thinks about life/his characters lives

Oh I read Rave a while back. I try not to think about plot similarities because it may reduce my enjoyment. I'm not bothered by Mashima using similar (same) characters, powers or situations as long as he brings new stuff, and that he does.
Frankly, this thing with Urtear bothers me a lot less than that Cana business.

ca12nag3
April 11, 2011, 07:20 PM
Oh I read Rave a while back. I try not to think about plot similarities because it may reduce my enjoyment. I'm not bothered by Mashima using similar (same) characters, powers or situations as long as he brings new stuff, and that he does.
Frankly, this thing with Urtear bothers me a lot less than that Cana business.

Well both the Cana line and the Ultear line come from Reina i believe. Im sure we will be surprised by the outcome. Maybe Cana isnt as *good* as she first was thought to be and in turn Ultear might not be as *evil*.

But thats still wishfull thinking. Have to wait and see :D

ghostexiled
April 12, 2011, 09:20 PM
Let's try to move any more discussion about Mashima's previous manga series "RAVE" (that has nothing to do with FT) to the hangout thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3870).

It is fine to make key comparison notes, but we don't won't this thread to be turned into a RAVE discussion thread or a thread that just compares the 2 series as wholes.

Also please remember to not post just one liner comments. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/announcement.php?f=371&a=117)

Thanks!

ca12nag3
April 12, 2011, 09:39 PM
Let's try to move any more discussion about Mashima's previous manga series "RAVE" to the hangout thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3870).
Also please remember to not post just one liner comments. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/announcement.php?f=371&a=117)

Thanks!

I understand,

Yet this is a prediction thread as well and nobody can dismiss that what the author did in Rave isnt reflecting back on FT. So in order to predict something without sounding like you pluck things from the air, now and then refering to your source of theory/prediction is helpfull ^^. Just to make others understand where your going.

But ill leave it at that.

For Ultear and/or Cana i think they could easily swap places in the good/bad side. Cana seriously needs to be S-class tho im unsure why.

What would she benifit from gaining S-Class and sumultaniously exiled from FT for her behavior?
S-Class after all is a official guild rank and im not even sure if those ranks are for all guilds, since the Phantom as a official guild didnt seem to have S-Class. Even tho their elemental 4 + Gajeel *resembled* S-Class lvl mages.
So im thinking that somewhere high up quests are handed out to the guilds, then the guildleaders scale them to the lvls they internaly have. But thats just a guess :D
So being S-Class prolly only says something inside FairyTale. So who would see it as so important for Cana to become S-Class? Who does she meet then? :D

As for Ultear shes a puzzle on her own, mysterious obsession with Zeref and being Grays ally?
Ive been thinking and its possible Ultear is in some denial state, she might believe that once Zeref gains power everything will turn out right but she might fail to see that Zeref is pure evil once awakend ^^. At least thats what i think. Gray will not aid her i think or maybe just untill he learns the entire truth and then backs out. (He might help her if she tosses in the save Ul option) Other then that i dont see them as allies.

Kirimist
April 15, 2011, 11:22 AM
Sorry.... but this is gonna be a one liner. Does anybody know where the heck is Gildatz? i mean come on with fairy tail members getting taken out(even the master) WHERE IS HE?

goldb
April 15, 2011, 11:46 AM
Sorry.... but this is gonna be a one liner. Does anybody know where the heck is Gildatz? i mean come on with fairy tail members getting taken out(even the master) WHERE IS HE?

You obviously don't read the chapters properly or I dunno what. Gildarts, along with Freid and Bixlow went back to the guild after their challenge was over. They didn't want to stick around like Mirajane or Juvia and Lisana did.

Vaste Lorde
April 15, 2011, 02:46 PM
You obviously don't read the chapters properly or I dunno what. Gildarts, along with Freid and Bixlow went back to the guild after their challenge was over. They didn't want to stick around like Mirajane or Juvia and Lisana did.

Truth is, FT would dominate with those members still in tact. It's simply to advance plot.
If you think about, considerable time should have passed by for those members not to notice. Besides how fast can you actually leave a large island. GH attacked within the next 30 min to 1hr mark i would predict.
With that big ship and massive explosion lol, you would be an idiot not to see that or hear from one mile away. heck 5 miles since they are surrounded by water.

Simply plot advancement.

goldb
April 15, 2011, 05:47 PM
I always said that Gildarts and the others would come back to help because otherwise I really don't know how they could get out of the situation with the master incapacitated as he is...

saya1987
April 16, 2011, 01:23 AM
even if gildarts and fried were to arrive, I don't think they will be fighting because this arc is too long and mind you, erza and gray have yet to fight.

so yeah, gildarts appearing or not doesn't make a difference because he won't be fighting!!!!

LoS
April 16, 2011, 02:05 AM
The inclusion of Gildartz or anyone else from the guild other than at the last chapter right as GH decide to leave the island would be foolish at this point.

Initially when Mashima depicted the 7 Kin's power levels as incredibly strong we all felt that more FT characters were needed, mainly Gildartz, but seeing as how Mashima has made it so the 7 Kin continually lose, and the FT members can somehow keep fighting through tons of injuries and loss of energy.

Even after Bluenote's introduction and reveal of his amazing power more additional characters from the FT side are still not necessary. GH will still escape from the island, whether or not they actually accomplish their goal concerning Zeref is still up in the air.

Luxus or someone coming at the last second to somehow help out with the wounded and step in for their place is all I could really see happening, or even deem acceptable.

ghostexiled
April 16, 2011, 02:10 AM
if they do arrive... it will be to do a brief save of FT's hide. I think that Bluenote Stinger and maybe Hades will start tossing around FT like rag dolls only to be stopped by Gildarts and company.

Then GH will be like... "Whatever, we got what we came for... we're leaving!" and will toss out a threat that they will crush FT and all when they get Zeref back to %100.

Buwhahahahahaha~

LoS
April 16, 2011, 03:54 AM
yep, that's what my post was illustrating. It also seems like that is what has by far the highest percentage of happening, and it really wouldn't be a bad ending either.

goldb
April 16, 2011, 04:05 AM
if they do arrive... it will be to do a brief save of FT's hide. I think that Bluenote Stinger and maybe Hades will start tossing around FT like rag dolls only to be stopped by Gildarts and company.

Then GH will be like... "Whatever, we got what we came for... we're leaving!" and will toss out a threat that they will crush FT and all when they get Zeref back to %100.

Buwhahahahahaha~

Something along those lines would be what I'd expect. Though I don't think Luxus is going to show up, he's not even a member of the guild.

ghostexiled
April 16, 2011, 04:47 AM
I don't expect to see Laxus until the series dives into dealing with Raven Tail more. Him being apart of the that arc is an almost given at this point.

I think if a group shows up, it will be just the ones that left in the first place.

Like others have stated, this arc has already gotten pretty fat... I just see a brief step in and prevention of a final death move, being brought down upon the FT members that are still on the island.

Then GH will decide they won't engage and just take the spoils of war and leave.

LoS
April 16, 2011, 05:38 AM
While we have both been thinking the exact same things, I have a query to add to the discussion.

We know GH will get away and play an integral part toward future plot lines and have a very large impact on whether or not good/evil will prevail, but after this arc what exactly will comprise their guild?

Will it just be Hades, Bluenote, and any of the Kin who don't lose? Or will we assume all the Kin continue to get stronger to parallel FT members getting stronger? Because, as we have seen, the Kin will have been defeated this arc, and unless Hades has an entire second half of super powerful guild members left in reserve we haven't seen then the guild come future arcs will only be comprised of Hades, Bluenote, and whomever from the Kin doesn't disappoint now. Otherwise, having the defeated Kin reappear would feel like fodder, if the FT members all get stronger, then they would be able to defeat those Kin who have already suffered losses in this arc.

ca12nag3
April 16, 2011, 05:46 AM
From my point of view they are in the belief that *the strong mages* ill be rewarded for them aiding Zeref, but i believe that the evil zeref doesnt want sidekicks or allies. So Hades,Bluenote, Ultear, Meredy and Azuma *those i believe will remain* Will have the shocker of their lives as they release this beast upon the planet. He will most likely kill Hades on the spot for even thinking to get a *share* in Zerefs Magical empire. Something like sucking the magical power straight out of him.

Ultear Meredy and Azuma might run for their lives, and Bluenote might attack him and lose easily.

Rusty who is unbeat now will most likely lose his next match due to his arrogant nature. Its kinda forshadowed in my view since the talks between him and Azuma.

So i believe the intro into the next arc will be the obliteration of GH by Zeref firsthand.

I mean just look at what kinda demons he made that most mages cant even defeat, why would he even share power with those who revive him?

1337 haxor
April 16, 2011, 08:14 AM
While we have both been thinking the exact same things, I have a query to add to the discussion.

We know GH will get away and play an integral part toward future plot lines and have a very large impact on whether or not good/evil will prevail, but after this arc what exactly will comprise their guild?

Will it just be Hades, Bluenote, and any of the Kin who don't lose? Or will we assume all the Kin continue to get stronger to parallel FT members getting stronger? Because, as we have seen, the Kin will have been defeated this arc, and unless Hades has an entire second half of super powerful guild members left in reserve we haven't seen then the guild come future arcs will only be comprised of Hades, Bluenote, and whomever from the Kin doesn't disappoint now. Otherwise, having the defeated Kin reappear would feel like fodder, if the FT members all get stronger, then they would be able to defeat those Kin who have already suffered losses in this arc.

There might be one or two kin left but they are not relevant afterwards.

The point is that things might take a drastic turn in power with mercenary monster level mages taking the spot of dark guilds.

I think Bluenote is a prelute to that, too many powerful mages cannot cohexist in the same guild but there can be several powerful dark mages in a broader alliance.

It was proved over and over again that bringing together people of high potential and turning them into dark mages is a doomed to fail strategy, powerful mages have to be free to reach their full potential.

Probably the last two dark guilds to be fought are Raven Tail and Tartarus but everything else will be up to mercs.

In regards to Zeref I agree he won't give a damn for those who frees him and will most likely slay them but I think it's too early for him to be freed.

Fully powered Zeref is arguably the last boss of the series and I can't see him coming at least until the good sealed Zeref gives a deeper insight to his character and previous motives.

Until the Zeref/Dragon arc comes there isn't going to be an Aizen from his part.

White Silver King
April 16, 2011, 09:41 AM
Why do people think so highly of Bixlow and Fried? They got wrecked by Loki and Mirajane, respectively and no gives them so much credit.

monkey D luffy
April 16, 2011, 09:56 AM
Why do people think so highly of Bixlow and Fried? They got wrecked by Loki and Mirajane, respectively and no gives them so much credit.

well, to be fair loki is an s-class worthy ( to be able to trash possessed capricorn like that) and mira jane is no ordinary mage either, especially in satan soul form. fried can be scary if he plays his cards right, i mean he can put a berrier that suites him best against a given opponent and pretty much beat anyone if he knows their powers. bixlow is just as scary.

Thorvardur
April 16, 2011, 10:48 AM

Buwhahahahahaha~

This is exactly what I thought this arc will end. but I hope they won't get Zeref with them

White Silver King
April 16, 2011, 12:15 PM
ut I hope they won't get Zeref with them
....That's the entire point of this arc. If they don't take Zeref, this arc will have been completely pointless.

ShoobyDooBop
April 16, 2011, 01:07 PM
Something along those lines would be what I'd expect. Though I don't think Luxus is going to show up, he's not even a member of the guild.

Then what did he show up for when Makarov was defeated?

This arc is longer than the others. We still have to wait and see whose hand was in Charle's vision. And Zeref slaying the entire GH is likely to happen coz he can just create powerful demons that works under him or unless the GH proves themsemlves to be useful to him. After all, they are the so-called strongest guild.

kkck
April 16, 2011, 01:44 PM
This arc has not gone any longer than the others. FT's arcs are usually 35-40 chapters long and we are still in the 30th of this arc. Heck, so far we have had two storylines to boot, the exam and the grimmoire heart bit so we could go as far as saying it has been short considering that. As it is, this arc is still 15 chapters short of being longer than the past ones.

ShoobyDooBop
April 16, 2011, 01:57 PM
This arc has not gone any longer than the others. FT's arcs are usually 35-40 chapters long and we are still in the 30th of this arc. Heck, so far we have had two storylines to boot, the exam and the grimmoire heart bit so we could go as far as saying it has been short considering that. As it is, this arc is still 15 chapters short of being longer than the past ones.

It feels like it's longer than the others for me.
Anyways, there is still more to go. The story regarding Layla and the dragons, the information that Ivan has got that could harm Fairy Tail and more.

ghostexiled
April 16, 2011, 02:05 PM
Guys... as fans of FT we all should already be very well accustomed to the fluctuating releases of it.

Please do not post just to ask "where is the manga?"

It will be here whenever it pops up on the internet.

If you wish to "watch" for it... please keep an eye on mangahead.com (www.mangahead.com)

We are all eager to read the next chapter... but please just be patient. :)

Thanks!

Bhoot
April 16, 2011, 02:37 PM
I have not posted in FT forums for a long time ,

The reason is because while this arc just seemed to pack so much goddamn potential , it was like killed by the stupid power-ups being given to Natsu and co.

Alright maybe lets not let the main char be defeated , but for heavens sake , don't weaken the hyped opponents to this level . Up till now , I could take that other guilds were overpowered by his potential , but this is suppose to be the elite of the elite trained by the retired master of FT practicing arts destroyed by time as they were considered too powerful or whatever . I mean the FT master fell to the leader like he was just a piece of sh1t in the way .

By that fight , I was hoping for a real confrontation for FT . A guild which would just roll-over them . I get it , u want to save your "family" so u power up , but this is ridiculous . Its like the writer has no imagination , he is just making different chars for FT to trample over with the same formula they have been applying for like 200+ chapters .

I am happy with Lucy gaining Caprico and his turning out a good guy and all . Yes those wins can be taken but part from that , I dunno its just making me burst .

Erza who is supposedly super strong is being pawned by someone who was later pawned by someone like Luvia [Yes there was the Gray factor , but Erza is just out of her league] .

And of thing we have Ur , a goddamn psychopath trying to show she is good ?? I am all for unexpected twists , but there has to be some consistency is the plot !!

--------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the QQ , I just had to get it all out .

miramira
April 16, 2011, 03:04 PM
I'm hoping that the next chapter will focus on Gray and Urtear, as this chapter ended with them. I'm curious what's going on w/ the others as well but it's these two I'm more curious about at the moment.

As much as I'm not a fan of Urtear, I still think she's a pretty interesting character. I like that she has conflicting/complex sides...So I hope they won't be concluded yet but I hope Mashima has something really interesting planned for them in the next chapter and please not an anti-climax / cliffy. :D

Urtear saying she is Gray's ally, whether it's a ploy or true, was rather unexpected for me. I wonder what she's up to...I still hope they won't fight/reconcile or whatever in this arc yet, however. I think a character like Urtear and this thing w/ Gray deserves its own spotlight. I mean it shouldn't be a one or two chapter segment in an arc as long as this.

{So far, this one arc's been tapping on or promising to share a lot of past-stories [Lucy, Cana and Gray's...] and still focus on new ones... [GH people...] so it's like several arcs in one. I guess this arc might go on longer than the others.}

monkey D luffy
April 16, 2011, 03:18 PM
i still dont know why people are bitching natsu beat zancrow. he went on a gamble and it was a lucky choice, i mean when have we EVER saw someone who can drain powers from other people using his own power throw all that power away because the other guys power is just too strong (came out wierd, i hope people get it). dont get me wrong it still didnt make anysense since natsu need magic in order to turn his body into that of a dragon and he had no magic withing him what so ever, that was a stupid mistake, but that was not a stupid power up natsu got, it actually show he had a clever side too. he beat zencrow with zencrow's own powers.

about the chapter:
the only good side i see with it is that bluenote is supposed to join the fray and turn the tides now. i mean if he lives up to his hype he should be able to squash everyone left on the island, but i can see mavis vermilion showing up soon to take out bluenote in an instant. its just too predictable it will be totally unpredictable (yeah i now i couteracted my self just now)

White Silver King
April 16, 2011, 03:23 PM
it actually show he had a clever side too.
But that is exactly the point! Natsu doesn't have a clever side, he's an idiot! A strong idiot but an idiot nonetheless. Natsu has never shown a modicum of intelligence, and suddenly not only can he analyze his opponent like no one in this series has ever done, but he was able to come up with a way to neutralize his opponents abilities by turning off his own powers and then absorbing that power and adding it to his own! That isn't Natsu, that is Mashima not wanting Natsu to lose. And what's even more insulting is that he will most likely never do it again even if the situation called for it. Mashima couldn't stand to let his main character to lose, so he wrote him some temporary bullshit power that is completely out of character for Natsu. That is inconsistent, senseless and just plain bad writing.

Leonsagara
April 16, 2011, 05:06 PM
Natsu might be kind of stupid in general, but when it comes to combat, he's always been clever. Pretty much like every shounen hero ever. He came up with a creative way to beat Yuka, Erigor, Jellal, and Cobra in his fights with them. Why should we be surprised that he did the same to Zancrow?

ShoobyDooBop
April 16, 2011, 05:14 PM
Because he one hit Zancrow. And he didn't beat Cobra. Brain interfered when Cobra was about to give the final blow.

DanteSonOfSparda
April 16, 2011, 05:28 PM
...so he wrote him some temporary bullshit power that is completely out of character for Natsu. That is inconsistent, senseless and just plain bad writing.

Comic Book Guy: Last night's Itchy & Scratchy was, without a doubt, the worst episode ever. Rest assured I was on the Internet within minutes registering my disgust throughout the world.
Bart: Hey, I know it wasn’t great, but what right do you have to complain?
Comic Book Guy: As a loyal viewer, I feel they owe me.
Bart: For what? They’re giving you thousands of hours of entertainment for free. What could they possibly owe you? If anything, you owe them.
Comic Book Guy: Worst episode ever.

On one hand ppl get mad that Natsu never showed a "clever side" while fighting and that his win over Zancorw was total asspull because Natsu never won a single battle with his brain instead of his brawn, but on the other hand ppl complain that all FT battles are the same:

By that fight , I was hoping for a real confrontation for FT . A guild which would just roll-over them . I get it , u want to save your "family" so u power up , but this is ridiculous . Its like the writer has no imagination , he is just making different chars for FT to trample over with the same formula they have been applying for like 200+ chapters

Do something different: Asspull, inconsistent writing senselss, blablabla
Do the same: boring, no imagination, blablabla

IMO people need to stop calling everything they didn't like or expect "Bad writing" or "boring for over 200+ chapters".
Do you ppl realize that the author who wrote this is able to pay his bills with this manga? Besides that, you guys appearantly have read every chapter of it and if that wasn't enough you even joined a forum to discuss the story.
Considering that, I seriously doubt the story-telling of FT is as bad as you make it out to be....just my two cents though

White Silver King
April 16, 2011, 05:56 PM
Not sure what the point of that was.

@Leo: He didnt come up with clever techniques in any of those like you said. Vs Errigor Happy just pissed him off, vs Jellal he stupidly ate the tower and got a powerup, and against Cobra he just yelled and it happened to break Cobras ears. I'm not sure who Yuka is.

Krono
April 16, 2011, 10:58 PM
Alright maybe lets not let the main char be defeated , but for heavens sake , don't weaken the hyped opponents to this level . Up till now , I could take that other guilds were overpowered by his potential , but this is suppose to be the elite of the elite trained by the retired master of FT practicing arts destroyed by time as they were considered too powerful or whatever . I mean the FT master fell to the leader like he was just a piece of sh1t in the way .

By that fight , I was hoping for a real confrontation for FT . A guild which would just roll-over them . I get it , u want to save your "family" so u power up , but this is ridiculous . Its like the writer has no imagination , he is just making different chars for FT to trample over with the same formula they have been applying for like 200+ chapters .

See, the thing is, is that Fairy Tail's title of "strongest" isn't just for show. They are actually really strong. As in, people that can "roll-over" the people in the strongest fifth or so of their guild are going to be few and far between. As such when a group of villains like the Element 4, or Oricon Seis, or the Seven Kin is given hype, it does not mean they're some hugely powerful group where every one of them makes even Erza look like a chump and each one will require their own arc to be defeated.

Rather it means that the fights with them will be close ones and everyone might not win. This is opposed to enemies like Everlue and his minions, Eisenwald, Leon's minions, Erza's old friends, the dark guilds under Oricon Seis, or the Edoras captains other than Erza; where defeating them was pretty easy and just required a bit of powering through.

Leonsagara
April 16, 2011, 11:27 PM
Not sure what the point of that was.

@Leo: He didnt come up with clever techniques in any of those like you said. Vs Errigor Happy just pissed him off, vs Jellal he stupidly ate the tower and got a powerup, and against Cobra he just yelled and it happened to break Cobras ears. I'm not sure who Yuka is.

and how is what he did to Zancrow any different? He didn't know it would work, it was a huge risk, like eating the tower or yelling to break Cobra's ears. If his gambles hadn't worked in those cases, he would have lost badly. Natsu's just good at coming up with crazy strategies on the spur of the moment. Also, Natsu had Makarov helping him against Zancrow. How can you complain about him beating someone when he had the help of the second strongest mage we've seen in the series?

Yuka was the guy from the Deliora arc under Leon who negated magic.

Kirimist
April 17, 2011, 02:22 AM
i do think natsu IS an idiot intellectually. but in fights he just follows his dragon instinct. And its the instinct that wins him the fight (Well,his huge hidden power too i guess). So i think that he is a real time battle genius. He is the type that dosent really think beforehand but when it comes to a real fight he can really come up with as much buttkicking as intellectual types. (Natsu is my favorite charater, hahaha) Also i think that the element of the dragon slayer might have an effect on the user. For example Natsu is really emotionally hot, fights hotly, is provoked easily. Gazille is cold, violent, hard, and sometimes cruel, Wendy is ....well.... airy, easily moved to tears, and very sensitive. and so on

MonsterEnvy
April 17, 2011, 04:43 AM
It's called first impression, when Zero got introduced he had a similar pose and he also crushed everything around him until Natsu got his power up. That's why such an entrance doesn't impress me.

well Bluenote's plan is to kick everybody's ass then leave plus even with a power up plus i don't think he will lose this arc hell 3 of the seven kin look like they won't lose this arc

Meredy drawed with juvia due to shared emotions

Zancrow drawed with Natsu with some help from Maracov but was not knocked out however thanks to Wendy Natsu recovered quickly

Caprico/Zoldeo Lost due to stupidy could have beaten Loke but diched his body to swap instead with out knocking his old body out first or making sure it would not be able to attack him

Kain was an idiot and forgot about his doll which allowed him to be beaten despite having beat rather easily Natsu and lucy

Rustyrose won his encounter with no problems not going to lose in this arc

Azuma won his encounter with a few scratchs that have already healed not going to lose in this arc

Ultear beat Natsu up a bit and is now meeting with Grey I don't think she is going to lose in this arc

all of the seven Kin lost due to stupidity or drawed they are good for rematachs in the future

LoS
April 17, 2011, 04:51 AM
You seem awfully sure of yourself considering Ezra has yet to truly face off against one of the Kin in a duel.

She could very well go up against Rustyrose.

Cana for Mashima only knows what reasons might receive some sort of powerup.... dumb idea I know, but I wouldn't put it past him.

ca12nag3
April 17, 2011, 05:11 AM
You seem awfully sure of yourself considering Ezra has yet to truly face off against one of the Kin in a duel.

She could very well go up against Rustyrose.

Cana for Mashima only knows what reasons might receive some sort of powerup.... dumb idea I know, but I wouldn't put it past him.

Erza is the strongest of the Sclass here atm so she will definitly win. Remember she hasnt taken on any of m yet (aside from a brief encounter with Meredy)

Cana is the only mage from the young ones that hasnt had any powerup or closeup yet, im talking about the ones that had the focus on from a young age thats.

Mirajane,Elfman,Lisanna,Erza,Gray,Natsu and Cana.

ca12nag3
April 17, 2011, 05:14 AM
Im not sure tho, realy since he greatly resembles Goku from Dragonball. Just like how hes a total fool, eats to much, doesnt think things thrue and yes hes a idiot. However both these characters show so much battlesmartness its unclear if its inteligence or luck :D. Maybe in between?

swordsaintscoot
April 17, 2011, 09:27 AM
Natsu and goku are/were both smart in my opinion.

It's just that you're only really given the chance to see two sides a lot of the time in shounen. You either see them fighting, or you see them being silly. You don't see too many serious moments that don't involve fighting, but when you do, they both show maturity.

ca12nag3
April 17, 2011, 10:12 AM
Personaly i think that Mashimas idea to keep FT low death rate compared to Rave is gonna backfire here.

Looking at how Gajeel,Juvia,Laxus,Freed,Bixlow,Evergreen and god knows who im forgetting are getting such a mild treatment starts looking cheesy.
Im not out here to talk down on FT its one of my favorite mangas. Its just that now and then he should make a character kick the bucket for misdeeds.

Cana on the other hand should not suffer this fate, shes been in FT from childhood and there is seriously something bothering her. Im not gonna write her off just for dumping Lucy and running off.

Take Laxus for example he wanted to gain power and leadership of FT renewing it and it didnt bother him if he had to kill everyone in the proces, tho his doubtfull heart stopped his spell still his intentions were to kill everyone and those orbs would have whiped out most the population of the town.
Yet nobody gives him so much bad wishes as some of you do towards Cana, why? cause its Lucy she dumped here?

Gajeel crusified 3 of FT and battled most of m and seriously beat up Lucy, so why doesnt this character get as much evil wishes from you as you do towards Cana? :D Same aplied here as the Laxus-Cana comparison.

Seriously you should concider the entire manga and what all its characters have done if your gonna judge a single character.

Most of you want laxus to come back and even as guildmaster if makarov kicks the bucket. And ive never ever heard anything bad about Gajeel whoam you cheer on even tho he did so many bad things. Cana does not deserve bad treatment (yet).
Shouldnt give any oneliners about your wishes for this or that character yet you love Laxus and Gajeel so much that have done way worse things.

Shiro Tsuki
April 17, 2011, 10:30 AM
I think the fact that Cana was a 'nobody' in the manga for a long time is the reason why she is being listed out so easily!
Given that Gajeel and Laxus were not main characters - But they were given a great entry - Their powers have been hyped or yet overhyped - They had fans from the very start their faces appeared in the manga...
They were just cool villains - The strong-bad ALWAYS have a shadow side defining and redefining their acts - explaining why they acted in such a way...
Common tsundere thing -

While Cana had been there for so long...(doing nothing else than acting like a good looking FT member) -_
Now she's all acting weird! She's been given the spotlight! (quite a tight one)
I am pretty sure if someone like Mira or Erza would be acting likewise - 0O we'd be more understanding and go like ..."she must have her reasons"...
Totally agree with you ca12nag3!

Kirimist
April 17, 2011, 11:06 AM
in my opinion that really depends on what kind of smart, cuz they are really not (strategy, mind) smart though they are smart in using fighting moves and are creative. Also Goku did mature by the time he reached Natsu's age (im guessing 17 or 18) it was just that Goku was really innocent, thats all. Goku was the impromtu leader of his group of friends, where else Natsu is no where leading anybody, except maybe Happy:p. Natsu may be modeled after Goku. But really there are vital differences between those two.

Sollum
April 17, 2011, 12:19 PM
Gajeel crusified 3 of FT and battled most of m and seriously beat up Lucy, so why doesnt this character get as much evil wishes from you as you do towards Cana?..

Well.... Let's see....

[Bad person] + Good thing + Good thing + Good thing = Trustworthy
[Friend, whom you decided to help] + Backstabbing + Leaving you to the enemies + Taunting your guild mate = Die Scum

I think its quite a common thing, that if someone breaks your trust, its way more harder to get it back. Gajeel didn't break anything to start with.

And if we are this subject:
Gajeel fought FOR Fairy Tail on the island, to save his FRIENDS, whilst Cana didn't give a shit (and still doesn't) about her guild anymore and needs to do her own things.

ca12nag3
April 17, 2011, 12:59 PM
Gajeel knew that attacking FT was wrong but saw great pleasure in causing pain and distruction to other people and their guild. So that qualifies as trustworthy?

Not to turn it into a debate but seriously Gajeel is just as bad when it comes to being a good guy vs Cana being a bad girl.

Just the underlightment of Cana makes her look way bad.

Remember that Gajeel had the choice to either stick with Phantom and do as he was told or just quit Phantom. Knowing that what Phantom was up to was bad.

Sollum
April 17, 2011, 01:15 PM
Gajeel knew that attacking FT was wrong but saw great pleasure in causing pain and distruction to other people and their guild. So that qualifies as trustworthy?

Remember that Gajeel had the choice to either stick with Phantom and do as he was told or just quit Phantom. Knowing that what Phantom was up to was bad.

Yeah, that was my point.
He WAS bad, he was never an ally of FT. But he changed and proved that he is on their side now.
Whilst Cana broke TRUST, thing which is most important thing in life.

Sorry, i really don't know how to explain it, but i guess some people value Trust differently that the others =?

ca12nag3
April 17, 2011, 01:23 PM
no dont value trust differently, but if i know by experience someone is a killer/ nailed my friends to a tree its kinda hard to gain trust. Just as likely as Cana will have a hard time regaining trust (if its found out ofc) since lucy doesnt get what happend to her yet.

Lozmaster
April 17, 2011, 03:17 PM

Gajeel actively tried to reform, and become a real fairy tail mage after that. No-one is calling the things he did there good in any way, but since then he has actively made efforts to defend the guild, improve himself, and has shown that he is definetly loyal to the guild and makarov.

Meanwhile, Cana is busy being a general jerkbag right now, not behaving like one of the good guys, desperately trying to become an S class for god knows what reason, and being incredibly selfish about it.
If there is anyone in the exam that does not deserve to become an S-rank mage, its her. And we hate her for it.
Gajeel has had 140 chapters at least since he joined fiary tail to make up for his wrong doings, maybe in 140 chapters cana will be redeemed, but right now, I think all teh hate is justified.

k-dom
April 17, 2011, 03:31 PM
Cana did somthing bad but we don't know yet why she did it. And from the starting chapter of this arc it looked quite serious. And obviously what she is doing and the current fights with Grimoire Heart will be linked together at a certain point of the plot so saying we are not interested in her story is not very clever

ca12nag3
April 17, 2011, 03:37 PM
Gajeel actively tried to reform, and become a real fairy tail mage after that. No-one is calling the things he did there good in any way, but since then he has actively made efforts to defend the guild, improve himself, and has shown that he is definetly loyal to the guild and makarov.

Meanwhile, Cana is busy being a general jerkbag right now, not behaving like one of the good guys, desperately trying to become an S class for god knows what reason, and being incredibly selfish about it.
If there is anyone in the exam that does not deserve to become an S-rank mage, its her. And we hate her for it.
Gajeel has had 140 chapters at least since he joined fiary tail to make up for his wrong doings, maybe in 140 chapters cana will be redeemed, but right now, I think all teh hate is justified.

im just saying that the hate is not justified since nobody gave Gajeel or Laxus any at the time as well ^^
Everyone was like i wanna see what happens next, and why is laxus doing this, and Gajeel i hope to see more of him etc etc.
But we just saw some stuff about Cana and some of you already want to execute her :D
Funny how people now want to bend things around to make it look like we understand why gajeel+laxus this and that, but then not want to wait for explanations for Cana.

BlackHair
April 17, 2011, 04:10 PM
im just saying that the hate is not justified since nobody gave Gajeel or Laxus any at the time as well ^^Simply because Cana can't be compared with either of them. From the start of their introduction, they were characterised by the manga as "bad guys", while Cana was not.

You see, no one rly hates Hades for beating Macarov, simply because he is a bad guy. Same applied for Gajeel and Laxus (even though he was in FT). Cana is turning now from "good girl" to "backstabbing, selfish bitch". For that reason she is hated, and I think it is justified.

Anyway, chapter is pretty good looking. After the Hades vs Macarov fight, this chapter might be the first one, which will give me some adrenalin boost. Can't wait for it.

Distantgeek
April 17, 2011, 04:43 PM
Cana is stupid, and should be punished for abandoning her guildmates in a time of crisis.

Bluenote's ability and rediculous strength strike me as a good opponent for Gildartz. So maybe we're on the verge of some of the guys coming back? That'd be grand.

ca12nag3
April 17, 2011, 05:15 PM
Simply because Cana can't be compared with either of them. From the start of their introduction, they were characterised by the manga as "bad guys", while Cana was not.

You see, no one rly hates Hades for beating Macarov, simply because he is a bad guy. Same applied for Gajeel and Laxus (even though he was in FT). Cana is turning now from "good girl" to "backstabbing, selfish bitch". For that reason she is hated, and I think it is justified.

Anyway, chapter is pretty good looking. After the Hades vs Macarov fight, this chapter might be the first one, which will give me some adrenalin boost. Can't wait for it.

There is the lack of character knowledge, Cana was always seclusive, didnt have many friends. She fought her battles but never said that much about her motives ( you just asume shes a good girl out of nowhere).
Laxus was a asshole from the start granted but he betray FT in a horrible manner by threatening all their lives. He even laughed when his grandfather was about to die from heartcondition.
And no ill not stand down my plea that we should wait and see whats up with Cana before we start judging her.

eefrit
April 17, 2011, 05:22 PM
I too am awaiting to see Cana's reason, but it better be good. It had better be someone dying, some poor children, or some cute starving animals. Those are the only viable reasons. If it is just to "prove" something to the person she is trying to find or something like that, she will forever be the first Fairy Tail Guild member to earn my hatred.

ca12nag3
April 17, 2011, 05:25 PM
I too am awaiting to see Cana's reason, but it better be good. It had better be someone dying, some poor children, or some cute starving animals. Those are the only viable reasons. If it is just to "prove" something to the person she is trying to find or something like that, she will forever be the first Fairy Tail Guild member to earn my hatred.

possible, we dont know, well we know she cant face this person unless shes S-Class. What that means i dunno or so it seems. Lucy thought w/e Cana told her was enough reason to aid her (the airhead :P).
Cana did seem troubled for leaving Lucy there but didnt hesitate to do it either.

The main thing is that she didnt have to leave Lucy there to be S-Class...if you catch my drift here. Cause its a team effort. So basicaly my trail of thought says she lied to Lucy and her goal was merely to get to the grave no more no less. The entire talk bout her needing to be S-class to face this/that person is a lie or half a lie.
The person she wants to face is possibly the grave. W/e she wants or needs to do there i dunno but the grave is her goal.

eefrit
April 17, 2011, 06:21 PM
You have a good point about her possibly lying. But that just makes her actions more excessive than need be. Knocking out an "ally" in the midst of an enemy attack to keep her from following you and possibly finding out the truth? Why go through the whole song and dance then anyway? Has she not learned that Fairy Tail is a family that will help you no matter what? Natsu has freaking said it enough times to make me sure of that.
As for the grave, it might be something like it's her grandfather or something. Or it could be that she is dead and was Mavis's wife and couldn't pass on until she found the grave. I don't know anymore.

BlackHair
April 17, 2011, 07:22 PM
(you just asume shes a good girl out of nowhere).Actually Im not. True we didn't know much about her, however in the little screen time she had in the entire manga, she was never portrayed as she is right now, e.g selfish.

Cana was:
a member of the guild (since ch.01)
friendly with everyone, no signs of bad intentions
good friends with the main protagonist and his companion
Laxus was a asshole from the start granted but he betray FT in a horrible manner by threatening all their lives. He even laughed when his grandfather was about to die from heartcondition.
And no ill not stand down my plea that we should wait and see whats up with Cana before we start judging her.You just can't compare Cana with Laxus. He had his attitude from the very beginning of his introduction. Cana is a complete different case.

btw I do think you are exaggerating his issue with his grandpa. He did had a reaction back then.

Anyway, in all fairness - I do think she has a decent reason for what she is doing right now. Until it is revealed, I just can't stop hating her.

xaither
April 17, 2011, 11:51 PM
For some reason I have been thinking that Gildarts clive would be fighting Bluenote, he's still on the island :S

Shiro Tsuki
April 18, 2011, 03:15 AM
0O
The hate is 'justified' -
She knocked Lucy - left her unarmed - 'betrayed' her friends!
Frankly - its enough to be hated - but claiming that she should be ousted of the guild - she should die - she is the epitome of idiocy before knowing why she is acting this way - its pure exaggeration!

I am 100% sure she won't be kicked outside FT just because of what she did! (nor will she die - this is FT! NO ONE DIES!) (...yet...) -
Laxus almost killed a town - he's been a jerk for a whole long time - his dismissal was quite appropriate! What he did was nothing compared to what Cana is doing!
AND HEY!
Gajeel had over 100 chapters doing all right - showing he is trustworthy -
Laxus had none! Yeah he came - talked to the master - did a wave and showed that he is the bigger person...
But after whatever he did - Logically no one would trust him! (then again this is manga - the bad guy just needs to shed some tears - and we melt!)

Point is - let's wait for a solid reason...
It has to be big - You rarely get Lucy that motivated to help!

kkck
April 18, 2011, 11:41 AM
I think cana is getting a little bit of too much hate. We should at least give her the benefit of the doubt and consider her reasons might actually be enough to push a normal person over the edge. Her actions did put lucy in danger but it is not like she meant for lucy to be found by the guy.

Krono
April 18, 2011, 01:18 PM
I think cana is getting a little bit of too much hate. We should at least give her the benefit of the doubt and consider her reasons might actually be enough to push a normal person over the edge. Her actions did put lucy in danger but it is not like she meant for lucy to be found by the guy.

The problem is that Cana's decision making is suboptimal because she's under a lot of stress/pressure to pass the exam. Which would be understandable... except that all of the pressure is solely of her own manufacture. To the best of our knowledge, it isn't for a promise, but for her own desire. Her deadline of "this exam or bust" is something she decided on her own. In short, there's no external reason we know of pressuring Cana, it's all self created pressure to fulfill her own desires that's impairing her judgment.

ca12nag3
April 18, 2011, 01:48 PM
The problem is that Cana's decision making is suboptimal because she's under a lot of stress/pressure to pass the exam. Which would be understandable... except that all of the pressure is solely of her own manufacture. To the best of our knowledge, it isn't for a promise, but for her own desire. Her deadline of "this exam or bust" is something she decided on her own. In short, there's no external reason we know of pressuring Cana, it's all self created pressure to fulfill her own desires that's impairing her judgment.

We dont know this. There is only what she said to Lucy and most of it is just fast forward. Sure there must be frustration but also something far greater behind all this.
Again and again with the fingerpointing without a shred of underbuilding theory is getting anoying.

basicaly its this

-your asuming Cana does this for herself solley
-the asumtion that she dumped Lucy for her own reason.
-the fact that lucy got found by a 7kin as if Cana did that on purpose.

Now lets review it again with another pair of glasses.

-Cana has to do something at the gravestone for someone else then herself. A relative perhaps? And without making it to that final test of finding the grave she would never be S-Class thus find the grave.
-Cana dumped Lucy to protect Lucy for something that Cana is about to do. I got no clue what but im sure she didnt plan of leaving her to rot.
-Cana underestimated this *invasion* and doesnt know the strength of their enemy. and is kinda blinded by her quest for the gravestone.

Both sets of 3 points are asumptions both can be right. So thats why im more inclined to wait for the outcome before we say Cana is good or bad